Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 17)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 22, 2021
Happy Friday

We Are Not Alone

1 Peter 5:7 King James Version
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

We are not alone. There are times that we feel that we are walking this spiritual journey alone. This feeling of being alone can cause doubts and fears to grown. We can even begin to believe that God does not care about us. These feelings are real, but it is the devil that puts these thoughts in our head.

This does not mean we are a bad person. The devil seeks to derail every Christian. Many times he uses thoughts to make us doubt God's love for us. When we remember this we can go to God immediately for assurance and help. The devil and his demons are fighting against Christians because he knows his time is short. When the devil whispers lies in your head go to God for help and read God’s Word for encouragement.

Even in these days we can be encouraged and encourage one another by reminding ourselves of the promises of God. Build up yourself in the Lord by singing praises to God. Draw close to God and He will draw close to you.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 21, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Hate Evil

Promise #21:
I will shield your life and deliver you from the wicked.

Psalm 97:10 (WEB)
You who love Yahweh, hate evil.
He preserves the souls of his saints.
He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.

If we could really see evil and see the way it destroys people, we would hate evil. Too often we rationalize the evil of sin. Someone love and care about is caught up in sin. In our hearts we rationalize the sin, even comparing it to other sins, to the diminish the sin our friends and loved ones are caught up in, is to blinded to the truth.

If God was to roll back the veil so that we could see how evil has grown into a person’s heart, we would be horrified. Sin allowed to grow and flourish in the heart of man, begins to multiply, and grows into more sin.
God will not allow evil to enter Heaven. Unless a person repents and turns away from their sin, they are given evil a free ticket to abide in their hearts and to invite more evil into their lives.

This is why King David prayed to God daily, asking God to search his heart to see if any hidden sin was taking root in his heart. We must pray that God will help us live in righteousness and shun evil. Do not allow pride to grow in our hearts but live in humbleness and grace. Seek God daily to search our hearts.
Betty

My friends even in these days we can find diamonds of grace. Pray that God will open our hearts to the beauty around us.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 19, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Choosing Evil Over Good

What happens when a person choosing evil over good over and over? They become so evil that they can no longer distinguish the difference. When year after year they embrace evil, they become evil.

Our President who accomplished a lot of things, yet he is given no credit for them. For four, year's Democratic leaders have fed the general public hate for the President. Heaven help them if the people turn on them.

This world is filled with anger and hate. We saw that in the riots last summer when innocent owners saw their small business burn to the ground. We saw the results when a few people let their anger cause them to break into the Capital building.

As Christians, we must not allow anger to grow into bitterness and hate. We can be angry about what the Democrats have done, and still not sin. This is the time to seek God for yourself and your families. To build up our trust in God and seek His grace and mercy.
Marantha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 18, 2021
Happy Monday,

“I Am Weak, But He Is Strong”
Promise #18:
My power will rest on you when you are weak.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (WEB)
He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

As we grow older, we grow weaker, but God sustains us. In our weakness, we can become doubtful and fearful, but God does not abandon us. In His great love, He encourages. He gives us spiritual strength to keep us from being led astray by voices who are not of God.
He gives us hope, to get out of bed in the morning.

Let us, not be guilty of taking God for granted, but to give Him our love and devotion in good and bad times. We may not be able to do the things we could do in our younger days, but God takes what do for Him and blesses our offerings of prayer and praise to Him. This world needs prayer more than ever. Pray for God to open the eyes of backslidden souls before it is too late. Pray for lost souls.

May God shine His love over you today and strengthen you in His love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

JANUARY 17, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

The Good Shepherd

John 10:11 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus is our Shepherd. He gave His life for us. He guides us to walk in righteousness. He sustains us through the storms of life. When the devil traps us in his snares, Jesus provides a way of escape. When we are afraid, He gives us peace. When we grieve He comforts us.

The world is becoming eviler and more uncertain. We need not fear for our God is with us. Though dark days may be ahead, God’s Holy Word will be a light to guide us. He gives us hope in times of hopelessness. Our Holy Shepherd will walk with us and be with us during the coming days.

Let us worship our God in spirit and in truth. May we comfort one another by encouraging one another by Scripture and by prayers. May God help us stay strong in our faith and not be led astray by evil voices. God help us to walk the straight path and not be led astray by satan. We remind ourselves that God is with us even in these dark times.
Betty

John 10:11-18. King James Version
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 16, 2020
Happy Saturday,

The Book of Revelations

Revelation 1:3
King James Version
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation is a hard book to read. Not only do layman avoid the book by some Preachers and Teachers avoid sharing the book with others. Yet, God promised a blessing to those who read and the words of the book of Revelation.

To the sinner, the book is a warning of what is to come if they choose to reject redemption thru Jesus Christ. To the children of God, it is promise of what awaits us in Heaven. God has not left the world blind to their future. He speaks of the eternity that awaits sinners and Christians. The book is a warning and a promise.

We share the good news of the Gospel of salvation but, it is up to the individual, to decide for themselves. In the days ahead ask God to strengthen you and give you peace and remind yourselves of your future in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 15, 2021
Happy Friday,

Canceled

We live in a canceled society. If your opinion does not match the liberal agenda, you can be canceled from social media. If you are a politician who defended the President, many want you canceled from politics.

As Christians, we never have to fear being canceled by God. This life is fleeting, but eternity is forever. This is the time to concentrate on working on our spiritual life. The time to get our relationship with God in the right position. Seek forgiveness for our sins. Fear not for the God who spoke the universe in existence is on your side.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 13, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

We Are Slowly Losing Our Freedoms

Congress is trying to outlaw Trump rallies. Very few of us can see that we are rushing into a loss of freedom of speech. The American people as a whole do not see that the beginning of the loss of freedom for one group will one day affect them.

Today more than ever we need to equip ourselves with the spiritual armor of God. Without it, we will never be able to stand strong and firm in our faith and convictions.
Betty

Ephesians 6:10-18
King James Version
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 12, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

No More

There is a time God will no longer deal with people. Up till today, the has only been one person that God led me to stop sharing the truth of the Gospel with. Both are people that I love. This is a hard thing to hear. People reach a point that their hearts are so hard that they cannot hear the truth. I am still going to pray for them.

We are so close to the rapture and it is so sad that people have allowed stubbornness and pride to blind them to the truth. Keep the faith, my friends. Whatever happens in the coming days, God is in control.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 11, 2013
Happy Monday

Where Does My Help Come From?

We are living in a world that seems to run on anger. Hate fills the air and people are covered with it like pollen. People turn on one another on a dime. No longer are they content to spew put their anger in words, they want to cancel anyone who disagrees with them. I shudder to think what this year will bring.

As Christians, what do we do? We look up to the Heavens and we seek help from our Heavenly Father. We take our bruised souls and our broken hearts to God and seek healing. We remind ourselves that this is not our home and soon we will be leaving this corrupt world to live in a place where no sin lives.

We keep working for God. We do not give up, but trust wholly in the Name of Jesus.
Betty

Psalm 121
King James Version
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 10, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

In Season and Out Of Season

2 Timothy 4:2 King James Version
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

We are entering soon the entering season when certain Scripture will be considered hate speech and speaking them will become dangerous. Little by little the world will seek to shut up those who dare to speak the truth.

Today is the day to speak the truth while we still can. Jesus is coming soon for His Bride. Let us seek forgiveness of our sins and seek ways to share the Gospel, while we can.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 8, 2021
Happy Friday,

A Country Divided

America is a divided Country. People are angry and hurt. Christians we need to remind ourselves that this world is just our temporary home. Our future home is in Heaven with God.

We cannot change what is to come but we can stand strong in our faith in our Heavenly Father. We can take our fears to God and find comfort and shelter under His wings. Do as King David did many times, encourage ourselves in the Lord.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
King James Version
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 7, 2021
Thursday

I am overwhelmed with sadness after yesterday. Yet, I am reminded that God is still in control. We do not know the future, but God is with us now and He will be with us in the future.

Make sure your heart is right with God and look forward to the soon the rapture. Pray for our Country. Most of all pray for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 6, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Faith Over Worries

Many of us are worried about the outcome today of the vote in Congress; including me. What do we do? We turn our worries over to God. No matter who wins, God is still on His Throne.

If the Democrats end up in the Whitehouse, realize that this Nation is entering into judgment. Fear not the outcome of the election but keep your faith secure in God. Whether we live or die, God will be with us. Let us make sure we are rapture-ready. Jesus is coming soon for His Church. Do not allow fear to overtake us, but draw closer to God and seek comfort and peace from God.
Betty

Romans 15:13 King James Version
13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 5, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Anger

Proverbs 16:32 King James Version
32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Everyone has a temper. Some people are better at controlling their temper than others. Married couples know each other’s buttons that trigger anger. When our mates hurts us with harsh words we can find ourselves easily retaliating. This is never the answer, but we can find ourselves excusing our own behavior while enlarging their bad behavior in our minds.

Proverbs 15:1 King James Version
15 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

There are also times when silence is the answer. We do not have to respond to every outburst, but pray for our mate who has their own struggles. These lessons also work out in the world. Just because someone cuts us off on the road, that is not an invitation to speed up and cut them off.

We live in stressful times. After last year we are already tense. This is the time to pray every morning for God to help us with self-control. Pray to love people more.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 4, 2021
Monday

Trusting God

Some days, we are not at our best. I am suffering a bit from brain fog and trying to decide what is God’s will for me to write today. This reminds me that God sometimes sends us on a path without our foreknowledge of where the path would end.

When Jacob fled his brother, he had no idea that he would come back with two wives. When Joseph was sold by his brothers he could not even fathom becoming 2nd to the throne of Egypt.

Many journeys we make with God, are us being led by God without knowing where we will end up. It is these adventures that helps our faith to grow. The more willing we are to trust God the more spiritually we will grow. We need not fear the coming days but keep trusting in our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 3, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Do Everything In Love

We are warned in 1 Corinthians 13 to do everything in love. How many awards will we miss out on in Heaven because we did something for the Church and others out of anger because we felt pressured to do it? Our work for God must come out of a heart of love.

2 Corinthians 9:7
King James Version7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

This verse is not just about money. Whether it is an offering or physical labor, let us choose to do everything for God and others out of heart of love and compassion.
Betty

1 Corinthians 13
King James Version
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 2, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Mercy and Grace

“Promise #2:
I am full of mercy and grace and I overflow with love. 
Psalm 103:8 (WEB)
Yahweh is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness.”

We often wonder why God has not already judged this evil world. A world, where abortion is seen by many as “God given right” and Preachers even pray for God to bless Planned Parenthood. Abortion was given by the devil as the sin of murder wrapped by the devil in the right to choose.

I've heard it say “why is the homosexual lifestyle such a bad sin. God created man and women to come together in intimacy. The devil took a precious gift from God-given to mankind and created an obscene version of sexuality. The devil corrupted sex.

Why had not God judged this world already?

2 Peter 3:9 King James Version
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

There is coming a day when God will judge this world and the people who choose to walk in sin. God is given us time to seek forgiveness and turn away from our sins. We must not take God’s love for mankind as weakness. He will one day pour out His wrath on a world who have chosen sin over salvation. To truly be saved we must turn away from sin and seek to walk in righteousness. The Bible says we can not serve two masters. We must choose to walk in righteousness and turn away from our sinful ways.

Matthew 6:24King James Version
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke 16:13 King James Version
13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

May God shine His grace and mercy upon the heads of His children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 1, 2021
Happy New Years,

New Beginnings

Today is the day where many people make New Year’s resolutions. Most of us usually feel that the New Year will bring in great changes in our lives. Last Year was so bad that there is not a lot of hope. This year could even be worse than last year.

For children of God, we can look forward to our Blessed Hope. Even if the rapture does not happen this year, we can take joy in knowing our future home is in Heaven.

Titus 2:13
King James Version13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

My friends let us not fear the coming days but wholly trust in our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 31, 2020
Happy Thursday,

2020/2021

A year ago, today, we had no idea what 2020 would bring. A year of illness and death from a pandemic. A year of confusion. A year where we were unsure who we could trust. Even medical experts could not agree on what methods were needed for people to stay well.

We saw riots and violence in our streets. Hate so strong in people, that we saw an 82 year old beaten for not wearing a mask. Even our Presidental election tuned out to be something we all could not trust. We were told to isolate ourselves in our homes. We stood six feet apart at the airport, only to be packed onto planes with the idea that everyone wearing a mask, would make us safe.

At the time that we needed Spiritual guidance the most, Churches were closed. No one ever thought that this would be done in America. In some cities, strip clubs were opened but not Churches. Children not allowed to go to School, but protestors were allowed to take over part of the city and even tried to burn down a building while public officials were inside.

We saw evil turned loose in our Country. If we had known all this a year ago, no one would have wanted to celebrate 2020. We did not know but God did and we are still here because God in His mercy allowed us to be.

We do not know what 2021 will bring, but we can be at peace knowing that God does. Whether we live or die, God will be with His children. We need not enter this year with fear. Whatever the year holds, we can trust in God. Let us not live in fear but pray for God to give us peace amid storms.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 30, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Irritable and Grumpy

We do not have to be out of bed very long before something happens or something is said that makes us irritable and grumpy. Add health issues to that equation and we can be like an argument waiting to happen.

This is why we should begin each day talking to God. Praising Him and then asking God to use the Holy Spirit to guide us and help us to be compassionate and kind to others. This does not ensure those frustrating moments do not happen, but we can be better prepared to face the day.

Luke 10:2 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 29, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

No More Death, No More Tears

Revelation 21:4 King James Version
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

God has never promised a life of perfection on this earth. Nor, has He promised a life free from pain and grief, but He has promised us an eternity without death, sickness, and crying. This life is preparation for future in Heaven. This life is our change to live for God and to work for His Kingdom.

God has promised to give us peace. In the midst of chaos God will give us peace. In the midst of pain God will give us peace. We must choose to live for God and seek His face. When we do we will be blessed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 28, 2020
Happy Monday,

Heaven on Earth

Some Christians are wanting God to make earth like Heaven now for them. Heaven help us if we are living our best life now. God said in the last day's things would grow worse and worse. We do not need a crystal ball to see that evil is increasing.

After the tribulation and the White Throne Judgement, we will be living our best life on this earth. For God will make His children Kings and Priests over the earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Revelation 1:5-6King James Version
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Let us live faithfully for God now, so we will not be filled with shame when we stand before God in Heaven. We indeed need God’s help now.
Pray for His protection and guidance over our lives. Daily seek His will and forgiveness, but look with great anticipation, to the day we lay aside these corruptible bodies for our Glorified bodies.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 27, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Faithfulness

The goal is not to begin a race, the challenge is too, finish the race.

Matthew 13:1-9
King James Version13

1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus tells the people about how different people hear the Gospel. Some hear the Gospel and immediately reject it. Their ears hear but the Gospel never reaches their hearts.

Some listen to the Gospel, but their hearts were so hard the seed of the Gospel never took root. What they heard little by little blew away in day by day living.

Others hear and seem to accept the Gospel, but when troubles come they reveal their lack of faith and rejection of the Gospel. They were content to consider being a Christian if the Gospel would change their lives to perfection. A life without troubles.

To those who heard the Gospel and accepted by faith and had a heart willing to yield to God‘s Will, they were changed. They loved God and sought to spend time in God’s Holy Word. Their hearts grew to love the Savior and they sought to live a life pleasing to God. These people chose to be faithful to God. They are not perfect and they do sin, but when the Holy Spirit convicts them, they humble themselves before God and seek forgiveness. Their goal is to live and serve God faithfully.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Betty Louise:
[QB] December 26, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Christmas Has Come And Gone

The time we celebrate the Birth of Jesus has come and gone but the spirit of Christmas does not have to. We can treat people kindly all year long. We can have a loving heart and a gentle spirit every day. The more time we spend in the presence of Jesus, the more these attributes will stay in our lives.

What is the fruit of the Spirit?
* Fruit of the Spirit list:.
* Love. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is...
* Joy.
* Peace. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”...
* Patience.
* Kindness.
* Goodness. Let him show by his good behavio...
* Faithfulness.
* Self-control

We can pray every day that God will fill us with His Holy Spirit so that His love will flow out of us onto others. The devil will fight us but let us remind ourselves that God has already defeated the devil and the Spirit of God lives in us. When we sin ask forgiveness and move on. Do not allow the devil to make us waste time on him and his evil ways. Seek forgiveness and begin to praise God our Father.
Betty

https://youtu.be/h_YBXfDO9T4

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 26, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Christmas Has Come And Gone

The time we celebrate the Birth of Jesus has come and gone but the spirit of Christmas does not have to. We can treat people kindly all year long. We can have a loving heart and a gentle spirit every day. The more time we spend in the presence of Jesus, the more these attributes will stay in our lives.

What is the fruit of the Spirit?
* Fruit of the Spirit list:.
* Love. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is...
* Joy.
* Peace. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”...
* Patience.
* Kindness.
* Goodness. Let him show by his good behavio...
* Faithfulness.
* Self-control

We can pray every day that God will fill us with His Holy Spirit so that His love will flow out of us onto others. The devil will fight us but let us remind ourselves that God has already defeated the devil and the Spirit of God lives in us. When we sin ask forgiveness and move on. Do not allow the devil to make us waste time on him and his evil ways. Seek forgiveness and begin to praise God our Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 24
Christmas Eve/Thursday,

We celebrate the birth of Jesus, our Lord, and Savior. The greatest gift ever given to mankind. We rejoice with the angels because Jesus left Heaven to give us this precious gift of salvation. We stand in awe as the shepherds did, not quite understanding what they were seeing and not realizing the great significance of this baby and His birth.

Today let us take time to offer up praises to our God and our Heavenly Father for the gift that has reconciled us with our God and our Creator.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 22, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Rejoice, Rejoice

Philippians 4:4-8
King James Version
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let us not give into depression or allow the devil to steal our joy. For this is the season that we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior. For God out of His enormous love for us, sent His Son from the glories of Heaven, to live as a baby, to die as a man, and to rise again for the Redemption of mankind.

Jesus chose to humble Himself to be born as a vulnerable baby to save the world, knowing in advance that the very Nation He chose to be born into would reject His gift of salvation and turn Him over to their enemies to be humiliated and crucified.

Even knowing the outcome He chose to die so that those who chose to believe may be saved. He gave mankind the choice to choose salvation or to live for self-interest.

He warned us that by us choosing Him over the world we would be hated, yet He offers to, those that choose Him over worldly pleasures will spend eternity in Heaven. God chose to invite sinners to be adopted into his family, as His Sons and daughters. What a glorious Chistmas gift! So, let us even in these days of stress and confusion rejoice for we have been called to be children of God!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 21, 2020
Happy Monday

”Promise #355:
I will strengthen your inner being by the power of My Spirit.

Ephesians 3:16 (WEB)
that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory,
that you may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inward man;”

This Christmas is different. There are few Christmas parties because of the pandemic. Christmas is still about Jesus and this year let us take a little more time to give more gratitude to our Lord and Savior Jesus.

Make this Christmas more about giving the receiving. We can work to be more loving to one another. Pray for God to open doors to share the Gospel with sinners. This Christmas is different but we can be productive and still have fun.
Betty

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 20, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

He Restores My Soul

Psalm 23:3 King James Version3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even amid the joyful season of Christmas, we may need our soul refreshed by God. When we lost our youngest sister, so close to Christmas, the grief was overwhelming. I could hardly wait for all the Holidays to be over. Yet, God in His mercy gave us all strength. We did survive and eventually, we thrived.

We were never the same and that was a good thing. We learned to trust God even in the worst times. We truly learned that God would never leave us, even in most extremely painful times. We learned our faith was indeed secured in our Heavenly Father.

No matter what you are going through, my friends, you can find peace in God. He will give you the strength to get out of bed and help you throughout each day. We need not question whether God loves us for if we ask Him, He will show His love to us in countless ways.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 18, 2020
Happy Friday,

Christmas Time Is Here

Sadly, too many have forgotten what Christmas is about. Jesus’s birth is the greatest gift this world has ever been given. As Christians let us not get so got caught up in the hustle and bustle that we do not express our gratitude to our Heavenly Father, for sending His Son to die for our sins.
Praising our Heavenly Father in song and prayers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 17, 2020H
Happy Thursday,

Jesus is the Son of God

1 John 1-2King James Version
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

John knew Jesus as a friend and as His Savior. He suffered great sorrow when Jesus was crucified. When Jesus rose again and appeared to the disciples their sorrow was turned into great joy. Jesus said who He was. He was indeed a part of the Godhead.

We need not fear the days ahead for God is in control. He does have a plan and we can sleep in peace, knowing that God is on the scene. Our faith and hope must be in God. While we can be grateful that God allowed Trump to be our President, he is not our Savior. Jesus is our Savior. He bought our redemption with His own precious blood.

Let us finish out this Christmas, with great gratitude for the greatest gift of all; salvation through our Lord Jesus. Pray that God will use these days to bring a knowledge of those we love to their need of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 16, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

The Build up of Hate

For the last four years, the Democrats and the media have created and fueled the hate in people for our President. A hatred that is like an enormous cloud over our Country. This hate has grown to the point that we have seen angry mobs terrorizing innocent people in our streets. This hate has divided our Country.

Why has this happened? I believe it is sin. America has embraced sin and wears shirts and carries signs proclaiming their pride in their sins. Men and Women have rejected the truth of God’s Holy Word and God has released mankind to their sinful ways.

Romans 1:28King James Version28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

We hear Congresswomen say they pray for the President, yet their hate for the President is palpable. They fight hand in hand to embrace sin and keep sin legal. They see sin as their God given right. Their prayers no longer reaching God’s ears, because they choose to profit from sin.

Proverbs 15:29King James Version 29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

Christian friends do not fret over the election. God is still in control. Instead, keep your eyes on Jesus and look with growing hope, to the soon coming rapture. Mankind has proven as a whole that they will not turn their back on sin. Judgment is coming soon and before that, we will be out of here.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 15, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Internet Quarrels

The Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome.
2 Timothy 2:24
READ 2 TIMOTHY 2:22–26

Who would have thought, not that many years ago, we would be having quarrels with strangers over the internet? Yet this goes on every day and I have also taken part. Shameful!

Let us speak the truth in love. If the truth is rejected, then move on. Arguing with others is not going to change their minds. Some people have closed their minds and they will never see the truth. Even when there is Scripture to back up your argument, there are those who refuse to accept it.

If the Word of God is not going to change their mind, then arguing is surely not. What do we do? We give it to God. We pray for the person and we cease talking to them about the subject. Only God can change the heart of mankind.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 14, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Preparing Our Hearts

There is no question that this has been a hard year for everyone. It is only natural that we wonder why God allowed so many distressing things to happen. We must remember God has a plan. Not only does He have a plan, He knew in advance what was going to happen this year. We can be assured that nothing that happened has caused God to panic.

There could be many reasons why God allowed this year to be so stressful. One reason could be that God was giving sinners a chance to reach out to Him before the rapture. Another reason could be that He is wanting Christians to let go of their hold on earth.

While we work diligently for the Kingdom of God, our eyes and our heart’s desire should be to be with Jesus. The closer we get to the rapture the more our desire to go to Heaven should be. God has to make some of us uncomfortable so that we want to be in Heaven more than we want to be here.

When we let go of earthly desires and seek God’s will, we will find more peace. This does not mean we do not mean that we cannot enjoy the good things around us. Most of us are looking forward to being with family, at Christmas, but when we do hear the call to come up to Heaven, everything we leave behind will pale in comparison to the wonders of Heaven.

God help us to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him. Pray that we are doing a sinful act when the rapture happens so we do enter Heaven in shame. Praise God and have a heart of Thanksgiving as we remember the huge sacrifice that Jesus did for mankind when He left the glories of Heaven to be born a baby on this earth.
Betty

Acts 1:11King James Version11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 22:20King James Version20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 13, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Encourage the Brethren

1 Thessalonians 5:11 King James Version11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

In these days, we need to encourage one another and lift up one another in the Lord. We have had a hard year and discouragement can come easily. No one is immune to the blues. Yet, we can find peace in the Lord and encouragement in His Holy Word.

Psalm 29:11 King James Version11 The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

We sometimes need a reminder that God can and is willing to strengthen us with His love and feel our hearts with peace. God loves us and He wants to help us.

Matthew 21:21King James Version21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Let us not take pride in doing things on our own but let us go humbly and willingly to God, seeking His strength and help. We were made to have a relationship with God. When we try to exclude God, we find ourselves in trouble. Remember the words Jesus spoke to the Church of Laodiceans.
They took pride in their self-reliance and yet they were most needy and blind to their own spiritual needs.

Revelation 3:17 ”Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:”

May we go daily to the throne of God, seeking to have our needs made so that we can help others. May God fill us with kindness so that we can be kind to others. May God fill our hearts with love so that we may love others. May God strengthen us so that we are able to help carry another ones burdens. Most of all pray for God to encourage us so that we are able to encourage one another in the Lord.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 12, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Prayer

There are times in our lives that prayer does not come easily. Times that we feel a distance between us and God. We know that God does not abandon us , so the issues is on our end. In the pain of grief, we may find ourselves pulling away from God. When we have sin in our lives we may find ourselves trying to hide from God. Many other issues in our lives can cause us to pull away from God.

When we find ourselves in this position, let us not move even further away from God, but go to God with a humble heart and seek His face in prayer. Pray for forgiveness and ask Him to help us make the necessary changes in our lives that are needed. Ask Him to guide us so that we can walk in His will.

There will be times that we need to put aside our questions and just trust God. Every question we have will not be answered on this earth. We must walk in faith trusting that God knows best.
Betty

Psalm 18:2King James Version2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Happy Friday,
December 11, 2020

Before I got of bed, the devil attacked me with a sinful thought. I was overwhelmed and kept asking God to forgive me. I got up made myself some coffee and read these verses in the Daily Bread Bible study:

”Remember these things, Jacob,
    for you, Israel, are my servant.
I have made you, you are my servant;
    Israel, I will not forget you.
I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
    your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me,
    for I have redeemed you.”

I do not know the reason that God allows the devil to attack our minds with sinful thoughts, but I am convinced that God provided just what I needed with today's Bible Study.

God knows our needs even before we know them and as a loving Father, He provides for us. His gracious love brings comfort and guidance in these evil days.

Christianity is under attack. It is only a matter of time before we will be under attack in America for our beliefs. This is the time to pray that God will secure our faith in Himself so that we can stand strong in our faith in Him.

Let us look with great anticipation towards the coming rapture. People who deny the pretrial rapture, often call us that do believe in it escape seekers. My friend our longing for the rapture is far more than wanted to escape this evil world. We are the Bride who is longing with a deep yearning to be in the presence of our Heavenly Groom: Jesus. There can be nothing wrong with a Bride looking forward to her Wedding Day.
Betty

“Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:8) The Bible promises a special crown for those watchmen on the wall looking for His return.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 10, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Seeking

Acts 17:27-28King James Version27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Many seek for meaning in their lives. They seek for peace and purpose, yet few find it. Too many reject the Bible and Her Truths, referring a Religious experience that conforms to their ideas and their preferences.

God demands that we surrender ourselves to Him. Before we get all hot and bothered, remember God left Heaven to put on a corruptible body as a babe. He went from an all-powerful God to being a baby dependent on a human mother.

He left perfection to robe Himself in imperfection. He left a body that would never die to put on a body that would suffer extreme pain and death to redeem mankind who had rejected God for the lies of a serpent in the Garden of Eden.

God wants human beings to find Him. He reached out to us while we were still sinners, offering us adoption into His family. Sadly, self-pride and the desire to live in sin causes many to reject God.

The things that seem important to sinners will seem irrelevant when they are standing before the White Throne of Judgement. Demanding our own way in life will lead to an eternity in hell.

May we as Christians keep seeking to have a closer relationship with our God and Heavenly Father. May we be willing to surrender our will for the Will of the Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 9, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

“Spirit of Fear”

2 Timothy 1:7New King James Version7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

I woke up from a bad dream, too fearful to get out of bed and the Lord, reminded me of that verse. The devil loves to make us fearful. When we give in to our fears, we open the door of our heart to doubt. Thankfully, the sweet Holy Spirit, reminded me that I could choose trust over fear.

I have often talked about how the devil likes to use our dreams as his playground. We cannot control our dreams but we can stop the devil in his tracks, by calling out to God for help. The big blessing is that God wants to help us. We need not beg or plead but to call out to Him with a trusting heart.

Psalm 4:8 King James Version8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

Let us lay our fears at Jesus' feet and put complete trust in our Lord and Savior. We can walk in faith when we walk with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 7,2020
Happy Monday,

Rejoice

Philippians 2:16 King James Version16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Rejoice, Christians, for we do not labor in vain. We will be rewarded for everything we do for the Kingdom of God. Fight on for the cause of the Gospel, though you are tired and weak. The God of Heaven will give you strength if you call upon His Name.

Press onward even when we are working with bodies that have become weak from physical ailments for great is our reward in Heaven. Rejoice in this Season, for the birth of Christ was the greatest gift, given to this sinful world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 6, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Hard And -vs- Harden Hearts

Hard Abs are popular today but harden hearts can bring you an eternity in hell.

Psalm 95:7-8King James Version7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Every time we refuse to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, our hearts grow harder. A Christian who refuses the guidance of the Holy Spirit can find themselves in troubling situations. We can become so hard, that it takes us being disciplined by God for us to open our ears and hearts to God.

A sinner can find themselves in a literal hell because they hardened their hearts to the point that they are deaf to the voice of the Holy Spirit. God is love. He sent His Son to die for mankind’s salvation. He provided the greatest gift of all time. He is not going to force His precious gift on anyone.

As Christians, let us pray for a soft heart, so they we are open to the call of the Holy Spirit. We should pray that God will soften the hearts of our lost loved ones so they can hear the voice of God calling them to salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 5, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Walk By Faith

2 Corinthians 5:7King James Version7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

The truth is, walking by faith is not always easy. When making a big decision, we can be overwhelmed. There is this great need to know the outcome in advance. I have often said that it would be so much easier if I could call God on the phone and get an answer on which path I should take.

When we pray for guidance, we are to step out in faith and make the decision that God guides us into. Even after making the decision, we can spend years second-guessing ourselves. In essence, we are questioning if God answered our prayers or not.

Sometimes are doubts are fueled by other people who are quick to question the decision we made. Often the same people who advised us to pray about it, or the ones to be critical of our decision.

What we and others do not see is, that sometimes it is God’s will that we go through a rough patch. God knew in advance that the rough patch was needed to strengthen our faith. Spiritual lessons are often learned through bad times. True faith is trusting God, even thru the rough patches.

Walking by faith is trusting God in all circumstances. God’s way is always the best. We have many questions, that will not be answered until we get to Heaven. Until then, if we want to please God, we must walk by faith.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 4, 2020
Happy Friday,

“The First Noel”

When the angels announced the birth of Jesus, they went to lowly shepherds. They did not go to royalty. Often it is the simple person, who has an easier time believing in God. I believe this is why many Christians were saved when they were young children.

Adults, have a tendency to rationalize and want physical proof there is a God. Jesus, Himself says for people to come to Him with the faith of a little child.

Matthew 18:3 “And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

Trusting in God, takes a heart of faith. God gives each person a measure of faith so that they can believe in God. People have no excuse for not accepting that God exist and that salvation exist only in redemption in faith of the cleansing blood of Jesus.

We must lay aside our pride of self reliance and admit that we need a Savior. God took the first step by sending His Son to suffer and die for our sins. We need to take the steps in admitting our need for salvation and trusting God to preform the miracle of salvation in our souls.

What a wonderful gift God has given to us, to love us when we were sinners and to pay the price for our redemption.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 3, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Out of Sorts

There are days we wake up and we feel mentally emotionally out of sorts. We may even feel like a pot about to boil over. We wind ourselves uptight trying to hold emotions in. We do not have to do that. No! I am not saying explode on everyone around us!

Take our issues and emotions to Jesus. Ask Him to calm us and give us peace. Tricks by the devil, other people, and health issues can put us off our game, but we do not have to stay in our situation. Too often we suffer needlessly simply because we forget to seek help from God.

Christmas time can also cause distress and this year has been unnaturally rough on our emotional and physical health. Seeking God to be with us and comfort us at this time is important for our state of mind.
Betty

”Promise #337:
I created you with My own hands.

Psalm 119:73 (WEB)
Your hands have made me and formed me.
Give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

The Last Days

Sadly, doing the right thing does not always keep us out of trouble. Some people will lie to gain financially. As Christians, we must tell the truth and trust God to work things out.

Your President is a fine example of this. We have never had a President that was hated this much. Being a Trump supporter can get you fired at some jobs. In my 68 years of living, I would have never thought a 92-year-old and would get his jar broken for wearing a maga hat.

I would have never thought that saying Make America great and All lives matter would be considered hate speech. Loving your Country is considered wrong. America has fallen so much because of her many sins. God’s judgment is coming soon and the world is clueless.

Encourage yourself, in the Lord, knowing that we are closer than ever to the rapture. Pray for God to give us peace in these troubling times. Trust the Lord to walk with us every step of the way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 1, 2020
Happy Tuesday,,

I Do Not Know What to Pray?

Let’s face it, there have been times, we just did know what to say in our prayers. The best way to begin is praising God, but there are times we do not feel especially grateful to God. We have gone through a rough patch or we are grieving, and we just do not feel grateful.

The first thing to do before starting our prayer is to remind ourselves of all the many things God has done for us in the past. Do we have a roof over our heads? Did we eat yesterday? See even in rough patches we can be grateful to God.

After we have praised God, let us lay our petitions at the feet of Jesus. Tell God about our needs and desires. Nothing is too big or small to tell God. If it is important to us, it is important to God.

Pray for our families. Talk to God about our lost loved ones. We want them to go to Heaven and so does God. Pray for our country and our leaders. End our prayer with a prayer of Thanksgiving.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 29, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”The Truth Will Set You Free”

John 8:31-32
The Truth Will Set You Free
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

We must reassure ourselves with the truth of the Gospel. False teaching only brings us to a terrible ending. It is better to be chastized by the Truth so that we can repent than to live in sin.

Hebrews 12:6 ”For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.”

This is not what we want to hear, but as parents, we disciplined our children, because we loved them. Assuring sinners that they continue in sin and still enter the gates of Heaven is a lie from the devil. The devil does not love sinners. God loved sinners so much that He sent His Own Son to die so that sinners can be reconciled to Him.

Speak the truth, in love, before it is too late. Sometimes we need to speak the truth to ourselves. The devil can convince us that our sin is so little that God does not mind. The truth we should mind. We should hate sin so much, that living in sin makes us sick, so sick that we run to God not only to repeat but we determine in our hearts and minds to turn away from sin.

The closer we get to the rapture the more we should desire to live in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father. Just as we worked hard to please our parents with good grades in School, let us live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God.
Betty

2 Timothy 4:8 ”Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Thanksgiving Day Has Passed

Thanksgiving Day has passed, but this does not mean that we should not continue to have a heart of Thanksgiving. We should be grateful, every day for the gift of Salvation. Jesus paid a great price for our Redemption.

The Bible instructs us to come to God with a grateful heart. Let us remember to offer up praises to God before we lay our petitions at His feet. When we pray, offer up our prayers in faith, trusting that God will, hear us.

May God protect us all from COVID. May we feel His presence from to moment we wake up until we slip into sleep at night. May He shine His grace upon us and fill our hearts with His love for us and others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 27, 2020
Happy Friday,

Spirit of Thanksgiving

1 Corinthians 15:57King James Version57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

We spent Thanksgiving with our daughter and son-in-law. There was great food and wonderful family time. My youngest sister passed away, before Thanksgiving in 1993. A hard lesson, not to take family time for granted.

1 Chronicles 16:34 King James Version34 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

We will be more content if we have a heart of Thanksgiving. Counting our blessings and being grateful that God has gotten us, through hard times and gives us days filled with memories to cherish, will help us be more joyful.

Psalm 106:1 King James Version106 Praise ye the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

There will be days that we have to make the effort to remember our past victories through Christ. There will be days that we do not feel thankful. Yet, when we remind ourselves of our future in Heaven with God and remind ourselves that we will be with our saved loved ones again, then we can have a grateful heart thru the good and the bad days.

Luke 21:28 ”And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”

Give us, Oh God a grateful heart. Help us to remind ourselves of the victories you have brought us in the past and know that You are walking with us today and You will never forsake us.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement