Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 8)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 14, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Suffering and Trials

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”
2 Corinthians 4:1

For now, we can only see our suffering and pain. God sees all things and in His wisdom, He takes us through valleys that we do not understand, but when we put complete trust in God, we can walk through dark valleys with a strong faith in God.

When we trust God with all our hearts we can sing praises amid the pain. We call lay aside our fears when we keep our eyes focused on our Heavenly Father.

Seek to serve God in all circumstances and look forward to our blessed hope-the rapture.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 13, 2022
Happy Monday,

Too Much!

This is more than I can stand= God never asked me to stand alone.
This is too big a burden to carry= God never asked me to carry my
burdens alone.
This pain is too much= God says for us to seek Him for comfort.

We suffer alone because we do not cry out to God for help. Cry out to God and ask Him to use our suffering to help us grow spiritually. Rejoice in what we have. Focus on serving God in the present and look forward to our home in Heaven.

Ask God to help us and fill our hearts with His peace.

Philippians 4:7
New King James Version
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Seek God with all our hearts.

Jeremiah 29:13
New King James Version
13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

A half-hearted search will find half-hearted answers. We must really want to find God. It is not that He is hard to find but He will not be found if we do not really care if we find Him or not.

Many burdens we carry are too much for us this is why we should seek the face of God daily and ask Him to be with us each day. Give glory and praise to God despite our circumstances. Rejoice in the majesty of God. Worship God in Spirit and Truth.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Tribulation and Judgement Is Coming

Daily Prayer for June 12
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“And when he comes, he will prove to the people of the world that they are wrong about sin and about what is right and about God’s judgment. They are wrong about sin, because they do not believe in me; they are wrong about what is right, because I am going to the Father and you will not see me any more; and they are wrong about judgment, because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:8–11, TEV
Lord our God, we thank you that throughout our lives you continually renew your Spirit in us. We thank you that your Spirit enables us to understand Jesus Christ and to follow him all our days on earth. Bless us, and let the revelation of your Spirit come to the world, to the people of all nations, a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit in each heart. But there must still be punishment for sin. For the sake of justice the world has to suffer punishment through judgment. For you, Almighty God, are Lord, and not even Satan, the prince of this world, can act against your will. You will carry out your will through the Holy Spirit. Our task is simply to follow Jesus all our days. This shall be our joy, this priceless gift of following the Lord Jesus. Praise to your name that we have him and his witness in the gospel every day. Praise to your name that every day, even through great distress, we can joyfully follow him in the strength of the Holy Spirit. “Amen

2 Peter 3:4
New King James Version
4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Not only has the world become complacent in their sins they are proud of their sins. Some people even wave their fists in the face of God. They are blind to the soon-coming judgment of this world by God Almighty.

As Christians, we should be seeing that things are falling into place for the reign of the anti-Christ. Who will appear to be kind and loving but will destroy anyone who will not bend to his will.

Christians will soon be leaving this world and it will not be an alien abduction but Jesus calling us to meet him in the clouds.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [b]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Christians, be aware of the times we are living in. It will not be long before our work on earth will come to an end and God will call His children home.

Today is the day for salvation. We do, not know what tomorrow holds.

Revelation 22:20
New King James Version

I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2022
Happy Saturday,

“This Is For My Glory”

Every week there seems like there is another tragedy. It is easy for us to get caught up in the whys. The truth is God has given up this world to its sinful corruption and lawlessness. We are looking at a dark mirror and can not see the plans of God. This is when we have to trust God completely.

While we would like God to explain to us why innocents have to die, who are we to question God. We know that the children are now in Heaven and all their needs are being taken care of by angels.

Let us lay aside our questions and doubts and trust God, through all things. One day we will be with God and all our questions will be answered. For now, let us live our lives for the glory of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 10, 2022
Happy Friday,

The Majesty of God

Ecclesiastes 3:11
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

We are not capable of understanding the majesty of God. His greatness is beyond our comprehension. Yet in His love for mankind, He seeks a relationship with mankind.

God does not choose to send people to hell. We were born in sin and Jesus paid a great sacrifice to redeem all mankind. It is up to each individual to choose for themselves to accept redemption or to reject redemption. Each individual is responsible for their choice.

Those who refuse to humble themselves before Almighty God and accept His precious gift for whatever reason has chosen to spend eternity in hell. Those who humble themselves before God and accept a relationship with God will be rewarded in this life and in eternity.

There is no sin that is worth not having a personal relationship with God in this life and eternity. Anything we give up to accept salvation is worth it. Let us lay aside our pride and give ourselves over completely to our Creator. Any sacrifice we make will be worth it all when we see the face of our Savior and Lord.
Betty

https://youtu.be/aJeNUlNY7Iw

In His Time
In His time, in His time,
He makes all things beautiful, in His time,
Lord, please show me everyday,
As You're teaching me Your way,
That You do just what You say, in Your time.

In Your time, in Your time,
You make all things beautiful, in Your time.
Lord, my life to Your I bring,
May each song I have to sing,
Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 9, 2022
Happy Thursday,

God is With Us!

Daily Prayer for June 9
“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17, NIV
Lord our Savior, you are our Lord and our Helper. Show yourself again and again in our hearts as the Savior who is strong to help us even in difficult times. Remember the many people who sigh to you. Guide them into the protection of the almighty God. Even if they suffer pain and distress and have to go through fear and anxiety, even if they die, Lord Jesus, you are comfort and help. In everything life brings us you will show yourself as the One who does the will of God and who carries it out for us on earth. “Amen

There are times that we do not feel the presence of God around us. This is a time when God wants us to trust in Him despite what we feel. By trusting in God in these times, our faith will grow.

Our relationship with God is not about feelings it is about placing our complete trust in God, despite our circumstances. As we trust God we will begin to feel His sweet Spirit cover us in peace.

Lift up our hearts and our hands towards Heaven and praise God even in times of turmoil, grief, and confusion. He will bless us as we worship Him in spirit and truth. In all situations offer up our sacrifice of praise to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 8, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Joy

The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28, NIV

As Christians, we look forward to Heaven where everything will be perfect. Yet we can have a joyful heart here on earth. Even in the midst of tragedies, we can have a joyful heart as we look forward with great anticipation when we enter the gates of Heaven where no evil abides.

We often go through things on earth that we do not understand the reasoning behind God’s choice, but when we put our complete trust in God, we can have peace.

Even when our hearts are broken and tears blind our eyes, we can cry out for God to bring little diamonds of joy to brighten our days and sustain us until the day we are truly free of these corruptible bodies and take on are glorified bodies.

Let us not allow the troubles of this world to overcome us but keep our hearts on the prize that awaits us.

1. 2 Corinthians 4:8
We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Philippians 3:12
Pressing Toward the Goal
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus, we pray.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 7, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is a person of the Godhead. He is not an it, nor is He female. The Holy Spirit convicts sinners of their sins.

John 16:7-11
New King James Version
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

This is why it is very dangerous for a sinner to mock the Holy Spirit. For only the Holy Spirit can convict sinners and lead them to Jesus.

Matthew 12:31-32
New King James Version
The Unpardonable Sin
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

The Holy Spirit brings us to Jesus so that we may be redeemed. The Holy Spirit enters into our souls the moment we get saved. He guides God’s children and convicts us when we sin. The Holy Spirit will never leave us.

John 14:16-18
New King James Version
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

The Holy Spirit teaches us Biblical truths and will give us peace.

John 14:25-26
New King James Version
The Gift of His Peace
25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit gives us the courage to speak the truth in these days when the truth is rejected and hated.

John 14:26-27
New King James Version
26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

In times of trouble, tragedy, and lawlessness the Holy Spirit comforts us.

John 16:7-10
New King James Version
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;

In these days of lawlessness and rejection of God, the Holy Spirit guides us through and helps us to stay on the passage of truth and to not be led a stray by false teachings and fables. When we pray to God ask Him to fill us with His wisdom so that we can recognize false teaching. Remember if it does not line up with the Gospel then run from the teaching.

2 John 10
New King James Version
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;

1 Timothy 6:3-5
New King James Version
Error and Greed
3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the [a]doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 [b]useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. [c]From such withdraw yourself.

Matthew 7:13-16
New King James Version
The Narrow Way
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 [a]Because narrow is the gate and [b]difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

Let us not be guilty of taking the Holy Spirit for granted. He is an important member of the Godhead and we Christians need Him, everyday.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 6, 2022
Happy Monday,

Devote Yourself to Prayer

Colossians 4:2
New King James Version
Christian Graces
2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;

We are living in perilous times. Mass shootings, drive-by shootings, and violence are on the rise, just as Jesus warned about in the last days. If we do not have a healthy prayer life we can fall into fear and depression.

Matthew 24:12-26
New King James Version
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Mankind has given up on God and embraced sin. Many have turned their back on God in favor of political correctness. Sadly, even many Churches have turned from the truth of God’s Holy Word and not only accepted sinful ways but are preaching their approval of sin.

1. Romans 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Timothy 3:8
Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Today in Houston a group of protestors enter the Lakewood Church and began shouting: “My body, My choice”. Even the sanctity of the Church is violated by those who believe the unborn baby has no choice. I am afraid this is going to become an event that happens more often.

Though the Church service was interrupted, their hate is towards God as much as it is towards Christians. People are rebellious towards God and the laws of God. The Bible makes it clear that things are going to get worse and not better. Our faith must be invested completely in God so we do not waiver in our own beliefs. It is a dangerous to begin to disagree with God’s laws. We open our hearts a little to sin and soon we are flooded by sinful beliefs. Keep our minds stayed on God and His laws. Stayed prayed up so we do not begin to doubt the Word of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 5, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Accepting God’s Will

There is a part of us that understands that God’s Will is the best, but when it hits our family, we can find it hard to understand why. Yesterday was a memorial service for another member of our family. Two deaths in less than a year. It was almost too much to bear.

We cannot help but ask why. Yet, God is God. He does not have to explain Himself to us. Faith is accepting His Will even when His Will cuts us to the core of our being. Faith sometimes requires letting go of our questions and just accepting the Will of God. It is only when we let go and accept the will of God that we will find peace.

We must stand up in our faith and say like Job that we will serve God even though God slays us. It is accepting His Will even when we do not like what happened to us. May God help our family to grow spiritually and our faith to stand strong in adversity.
Betty

Ephesians 4:26
New King James Version
26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,

https://youtu.be/9cKm_mYVPQE

“Voice Of Truth"

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone
To the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win"

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
And the voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a Sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win"

Out of all the voices calling out to me (Calling out to me)

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

Out of all the voices calling out to me

I will choose to listen and believe
I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe the voice of truth
I will listen and believe

Because Jesus you are the voice of truth
And I will listen to you
You are...

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 3, 2022
Happy Friday,

“To God Be The Glory”

Revelation 19:1
Heaven Exults over Babylon
19 After these things I [a]heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to [b]the Lord our God!

Do we give glory and honor to our Heavenly Father? Do we stand on the promises of God? Do we trust God through every situation? I would like to say yes to those questions, but I have my doubts and fears at times.

God deserves all of our praise and worship. We should praise God in all circumstances. We may have to worship God with tears flowing down our faces and broken hearts. When we give the honor and glory that is due Him, He will sustain us. Let us offer up the sacrifice of praise even in our darkest days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 2, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Pure in Heart

“The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways, but a good man will be satisfied from above.”
Proverbs 14:1

Isaiah 26:3
King James Version
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

There are so many things in this world that can distract us from reading the Bible and praying. We can even get to the point that the only prayer we say is a quick prayer at bedtime.

If we are not careful, we can backside. This is a dangerous area to be in. This can cause us to sin. If we are not careful we can reach the danger zone when sinning no longer convicts us.

We need the help of God to stay on the straight path, to put God first in our lives, and to worship God in all circumstances. God wants to help us. All we have to do is ask and then listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking the truth to us. If we ignore the Holy Spirit too many times are ears and hearts will become callous and we will no longer hear the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father give us ears and hearts to hear the warnings of the Holy Spirit. Help us to strong in our faith and resist the devil. Help us to live for you out of a loving heart.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 1, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

The Valleys of Life

God often allows us to spend time in valleys. Let us be honest, we do not want to be in the valley. The worse Valley is the valley of grief. There is no magic wand to get us out of the valley. We are supposed to do more than grieve in this valley. We are supposed to draw close to God and allow our trust in God to grow.

Jeff passed away on September 1, 2022. We are still in the valley. There are more good days now and I have surrendered Jeff to God, but that does not mean there are not bad days.

When we surrender our loved ones to God, we do begin to heal. When we stop fighting God we begin to allow ourselves to heal. The wound will never go away so it is important to keep our faith secure in God. When we do this we can walk in faith despite our circumstances. We can trust God even when we do not understand why.

Our hope is not in this world but in our Heavenly Father. He will walk each day with us and He will sustain us through every valley we go through. Christians do not give up, our redemption is close at hand.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 31, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Tried in the Fire

Daily Prayer for May 31
“As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is what he promised us – eternal life. 1 John 2:24–25, NIV
Lord our God, we want to find our joy in you and in all your promises to us. For you have promised that in the midst of all the pain and sorrow, you are preparing what pleases you and serves your honor in every heart. May we experience in our lives the fulfillment of many of your promises, so that again and again we can go forward joyfully, rising above difficult times and situations. Have mercy on us and protect us in your strength. “Amen

God allows us to go through fire to remove contamination from our lives, to refine us for His glory. I have been through fires many times in my 70 years of life.

Every time I resisted the fire and reacted in grief and despair. It was only when I surrendered to God, that I found peace. Sometimes later we realize why God allowed thing to happen the way they did and other times God expects and demands that we accept His will by faith.

I am no prophet, but I believe this summer is going to be worse than 2020. There are already signs that there are many angry people who are willing to be violent in their response to the Supreme Court's decision on abortion. A woman in Colorado who is a Christian works as a designer. She and her family have received death threats, simply because she does not believe abortion is right. Please pray for her and her family.

We need not fear the coming months but keep our trust in God. Whatever happens, He will be with us. Keep our eyes on the prize of Heaven and we will be able to take each day as it comes.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 29, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

If I Had Only Known

Lasting night I started thinking of last Memorial Day. When Jeff was still with us. I was overcome with grief. I wish we would could go back and make changes. Alas, wishing does not bring anything to pass and I do not have a time machine.

I know God took Jeff for a reason but there are times that not having him with us, hits me like a slap to the face. Yet, I remember that Memorial Day is to honor the millions of Americans who lost their lives in service for our Country. Tomorrow many loved ones will face the loss of husbands, sons, and fathers, and daughters who died so that not only America but other Countries could live in freedom.

As we enjoy our BBQs tomorrow say a prayer for all who lost a loved one to war. Pray for our Country for she has lost her innocence for political correctness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 28, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Do Not Be Caught Unaware

Daily Prayer for May 28
“You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 1 Thessalonians 5:5–6, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we may be your children. We thank you that through your Spirit our hearts may know that we are your children. Even when everything around us becomes difficult and we are hemmed in by darkness, we remain your children. Even when we often do not see how we are to go on and everything seems to be taken from us, we remain your children. Even when sin and death surround us and accuse us of being in the wrong, we still remain your children. As your children we entrust ourselves to your hands. In our whole life, in all our work and activity, we dwell in what has come from you, and we rejoice in Christ our Savior. “Amen

When the rapture happens there will be Christians who will be caught unaware. This does not have to be so. Jesus said for us to be aware of the season we are living in.

Let us not fear the days we are living in. Jesus warned of these days and told us that He would be with us. This is the time to seek the face of God. To pray that God will open our eyes and help us discern truth from untruths. Remember false teaching is often wrapped up with a bow of truth. The Holy Spirit is willing to help us see the lies hidden from view so that we will not be mislead.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 27, 2022
Happy Friday,

Death in Texas

2 Timothy 3:1 Context

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

I have not been able to put into words the tragedy that affected all of us Texans, this week. Our family is still grieving from the personal loss of two immediate family members, yet the murder of these young children has torn open a wound that had begun to heal.

Jesus warned us that evil would abound during the last days, yet seeing it play out so close to home is heartbreaking. When abortion was legalized I was a teenager. Although I knew it was wrong I never dreamed of the significance it would have on mankind.

I was in elementary school when they taught evolution as a theory in our textbook. Back then they taught evolution and creation. Now they teach only evolution.

Between legal abortion and evolution, children grow up not believing in the value of every human life. Every child born into this world was born with an ordained purpose. Those infants that are murdered in the womb also had a purpose that murder denied them.

Is it so surprising that too many young people have no respect for their own lives or for the lives of others? My heart breaks for those young children and their families.

I do not know the answer to the world’s problems, but it could not hurt for every parent of young children to teach them the value of every life. Teach them how much you loved them and how every life is important and everyone was born for a purpose.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 26, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Lord, Give Me Strength

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
 – Isaiah 40:31

I believe every Christian has reached a point where they cried out to God: “Lord, give me strength”. We all have times when we felt that we could not face another day. When tragedy overcomes us and our hearts are filled with despair.

God calls us to come to Him, to cry out to Him. Often we do not have peace, because we do not ask God for it. Instead of going to our Heavenly Father, we allow our pain to overtake us, and we wallow in despair.

There is so much lawlessness in this world today. It seems like every week there is a new tragedy for this world to bear. Yet, the world rejects the only one that can comfort us, and He is the only one that can fix the problem.

As Christians, let us seek God first and not last. God wants to strengthen us and fill us with His Heavenly peace. Pray for those who are hurting. Pray for America and this world. Rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus is coming for His own, soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 25, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

“Friendship With Jesus”

Daily Prayer for May 25
“God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Corinthians 1:9, NIV
Lord our God, we stand before you and rejoice that we may have fellowship with you through the Lord Jesus Christ. Grant us the light of your Spirit. Grant our hearts strength for life. Open for us the paths of life, that we may find joy and hope in spite of all the suffering we must go through on earth. Let all humankind be entrusted to your care. Rule over them with your power, whether they are aware of it or not, and take world history into your hands so that all people may receive your mercy. “Amen

There is no better friendship that we can have than our friendship we have with Jesus. Jesus knows all our secrets and all the sins we have committed and yet, He still wants to be friends with us.

The God that created everything in the universe, wants a relationship with us. How often we take this precious gift for granted! God help us to cherish the relationship we have with God and to honor Him in all we do.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 24, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Faith

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

The Holy Spirit gives us a measure of faith when He convicts of our sins and need of salvation. It is the gift of faith that allows us to believe in the Name of Jesus and seek forgiveness of our sins.

Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The more we read the Word of God the stronger our faith grows. This part is our responsibility. If we are truly saved, we will want to hear God’s Word. Jesus said that His Holy Word is the bread of life. We should crave it just like we do food for our bodies.

Sadly, we can get so caught up in life that we do not make time for God’s Word. This can weaken our faith, just as not eating weakens our physical bodies.

In times of tragedy and spiritual attacks, our faith can weaken. This is when we cling to God and His Holy Word. We go to the source of our faith- God’s Holy Word. We fall on our faces and seek God for restoration and for peace. We can step away from our trials and temptations by hiding under the shadow of the wings of God. He will give us rest and peace.
Betty

Hiding Place Lyrics
[Verse 1]
There is a hiding place
A safe secure place
Of rest and faithfulness
A place of strength
Found in the Father's love
Unceasing from above
Father, You are enough
So Lord I come
So Lord I come

[Interlude]

[Verse 2]
There is a saving grace
Found in Your safe embrace
A grace without an end
A grace that's free
Unceasing from above
Father, You are enough
So Lord I come

[Chorus]
For You are all I need
You're my sufficiency
In You my soul is free
You are my peace
You are my peace

[Verse 1]
There is a hiding place
A safe secure place
Of rest and faithfulness
A place of strength
Unceasing from above
Father, You are enough
So Lord I come

[Chorus]
For You are all I need
You're my sufficiency
In You my soul is free
You are my peace
For You are all I need
You're my sufficiency
In You my soul is free
You are my peace

Bridge]
Jesus
Jesus
Jesus
My God and King
My Lord and friend

|3x|

[Chorus]
For You are all I need
You're my sufficiency
In You my soul is free
You are my peace
For You are all I need
You're my sufficiency
In You my soul is free
You are my peace
You are my peace ...

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 23, 2022
Happy Monday,

The Mercies of God

Lamentations 3:22-23
King James Version
22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Have you ever wondered why God is so patient with people? It is because He has mercy and compassion for mankind. His judgment does not fall immediately because He gives mankind time to repent.

There will be a time for judgment and God will reach a point that He will give a person over to their own reprobate mind, but He gives them many chances to repent.

Marvelous is the love that God has for all people. He would have all of mankind to be saved. He wants us to come to Him out of our own free will. He did not create robots but created mankind with minds of their own and the freedom to choose.

The reward will be great for those who choose to surrender their lives to God. The punishment will be harsh for those who choose to refuse the precious gift of Jesus' own blood, shed for the redemption of mankind.
Each individual must choose for themselves who they will serve: God or their own fleshy desires.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 22, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

God Use Us For Your Glory

“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.” - Matthew 5:13

If we want to be used by God for His Glory then we need to allow God to fill us with His Holy Spirit daily. An empty cup cannot end the thirst of others. We also need God to fill us with love and compassion. How can we be there for the hurting when we do not have a heart of love and compassion for others?

There are so many hurting people today. So many people who lost loved ones due to COVID. Lawlessness abounds just as Jesus said it would do in the last days. Violence leaving families to cope with loss of loved ones. Death of individuals due to illness leaving families to pick up the pieces of their hearts broken because of their personal loss.

There is a need for love and compassion, all over this world. Christians are we willing to share the love of Christ with those in great need? Are we willing to pray for those that are confused and hurting?

We do not have the answer to why one survives and one dies. I still do understand why God chose to take my son, but I have grown to understand that knowing God’s reason is not something that is for me to know. What I must do is have complete trust in my Heavenly Father.

Let us seek to be willing vessels for the cause of Christ. Willing to serve Him with a grateful and obedient heart. Each day takes us closer to the rapture. Soon our time to work for God will be gone.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 21, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Fill Us With Your Spirit

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22–23

God tells us what the fruit of the Spirit is. The question becomes “is the fruit of the Spirit flowing out of our lives?”. Are we living as Ambassadors of Christ or are we allowing our flesh to be in control of our thoughts and behavior?

In today's times, we often deal with angry people. Do we react to that anger with our own anger? I know it is hard not to react in kind. This is why we need to be prayed up so we react with the fruit of the Holy Spirit and not with our flesh.

Let us seek God everyday and ask Him to fill us each day with the Spirit of God so that we do not run on empty. Try to get proper rest so that we are not grumpy and tired.

One time, I allowed my body which was tired and hurting to cause my reaction to a store clerk to be out of anger. Before I got out of the store, the Holy Spirit convicted me. I turned around and went back and apologized.

Heavenly Father,
Help us to allow the fruits of Your Spirit to flow out of us each day. Help us to react in love and not in anger. Help us to be true Ambassadors of Christ.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 20, 2022
Happy Friday,

“You Are My Hiding Place”

Psalm 32:7
New King James Version
7 You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

When tragedy strikes your family, the devil will tell you that God has abandoned you. This is a lie. God is always with us and He will get us through tragedies and disasters that affect our lives.

Draw close to God in your time of suffering and remember there is a reason for why God allows things to happen to us. We don't understand, but we must trust Him in good times and bad.

When we trust God in times of great suffering we will grow stronger spirituality. Spiritual growth is important now more than ever. We do not know what the future will bring, but we know a God who does and He will sustain us in the days to come.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 19, 2022
Happy Thursday,

When We Do Not Understand, Why

Daily Prayer for May 19
“I love you, Lordww, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you that we have often felt you close to us. We thank you that you are near us and that you strengthen the weak. Remember us and give each one the help he needs to be true to his calling. Remember all humankind and grant that we may go forward in spirit and in truth. Give new light to the peoples who are still in great darkness. Let your kingdom and your reign be revealed and your name at last be honored by all. “Amen

There are things that God allows to happen, that we do not understand. The truth is we may never understand why in this life. The question is will we trust God, anyway?

When Jeff passed away it took four months for me to release him to God. Even now there is still a part of me that would like for God to tell me why. Yet, as I surrendered Jeff to God, God gave me peace.

God wants us to trust Him in every situation. He wants us to realize that He will be with us through every loss, illness, and pain. He will never forsake us. He will walk through the fire with us.

When I see others suffering, I wish I had the power to take away their pain and heartache, but I do know the God that can. Please pray for those who are suffering today because of the loss of a loved one. Pray for them to have physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to overcome and stand firm in their faith in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 18, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

God Does Not Forget What We Do For Him

Promise #138:  
I will not forget the love you have shown Me by serving others.

Hebrews 6:10 (WEB)
For God is not unrighteous, so as to forget your work and the labor of love
which you showed toward his name, in that you served the saints,
and still do serve them.

When we serve others in the Name of God, our work is never in vain.
When our motivation is to please God, we will be rewarded. Our works must come forth from our love for God and not to have other people heap praise upon us.

We should serve God out of a grateful heart and not serve begrudgingly.
God will not reward our work if it is done in a spirit of resentment. There will be times we are ask to things that we don't really like to do. If we accept the job, pray and ask God to change our attitudes so we can serve with a joyful heart. All of the work we do for God should come from a place of love for God and mankind.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 17, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Jesus Understands Our Pain

Daily Prayer for May 17
“Let us, then, hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God - Jesus, the Son of God. Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin. Hebrews 4:14-15, TEV
Dear Father in heaven, we look to Jesus Christ, who is at your right hand, through whom you have promised help for the whole world. Unite us with him so that we may receive authority to help all people according to your will. May your name be kept holy among us, for your children have every reason to rejoice in the Savior you have given them. We thank you for everything you have shown to those who believe in you. We pray to you, hasten the time when your day shall come with glory, the day when you will give the glory to Jesus Christ, when he will reign and triumph over all evil and bring the peace you have always wanted to give the world. We wait and long for this.”Amen

Jesus knows our pain. He personally felt horrible pain on this earth when He left Heaven to live in human flesh. Jesus knows what it is like to be betrayed. He knows sorrow. We do not serve a God who does not understand our suffering.

God is not the “man upstairs”. God is not a man that He should lie. God is perfection, holy, majestic, and pure. God loves us and He is our Heavenly Father, but we must treat Him with the respect that He deserves.

Yet, God in all His perfection cares about us individually. He wants to comfort us and gives us peace. He wants us to talk to Him and open up our hearts to Him.

If we seek God, He will answer our cries. He will wrap us up in His arms and fill us with His peace. If we humble ourselves before Him, He will lift us up. We can have a personal relationship with God. Contrary to the Pope a personal relationship with Jesus is not dangerous but is necessary for us to live in righteousness.

We pray for the rapture, as we should and we pray that we live in righteousness and truth as we wait for the rapture. As the old Hymn says “We work till Jesus comes and then we will be going home.”
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 16, 2022
Happy Monday

Do Not Give Up

Proverbs 24:16
New King James Version
16 For a righteous man may fall seven times
And rise again,
But the wicked shall fall by calamity.

When we go through a devastating event like the death of a loved one, we can begin to see the calendar, as endless days of suffering. This is not how God wants us to live.

He wants us to see each day as an opportunity to serve Him. Yes, it is hard missing our loved ones. Our loved ones have finished their work and have gone on to their reward. We are still here because we still have work to accomplish.

As the scripture above says there will be times we fall but rise up in the Name of Jesus and focus on the mission God has given us. If you are a mother of a young child, your mission is to teach your child the ways of God.

If you work in the workplace do your job as unto God. In other words, do your best. Encourage your fellow workers and pray for them.

If you are retired pray for your family, our leaders, and lost souls. Prayer is very important and God needs more prayer warriors. Pray for the soon return of Jesus for His children.

There will be days that are especially hard, like Holidays. Prepare yourself ahead of time by praying for strength and grace. Do not give up, but be determined to work for God and encourage one another in the faith of Jesus Christ.

We are here for a reason and that is to accomplish the purpose God has assigned us to do. Seek the face of God and pray for Him to strengthen us and help us to be up to the task He has assigned us to do. Do our work with a cheerful heart and out of our love for our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 14, 2022
Happy Saturday,

“Faith Triumphs in Trouble”

Romans 5:1-2
New King James Version
Faith Triumphs in Trouble
5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We all have troubles and trials. The question is:”Do we live in faith, during adversity or do we fall apart?”. Do we allow our actions in bad times destroy our testimony?

It is not easy to stand firm in our faith, when we feel like we are being blown apart by a strong wind of troubles. We can even justify to ourselves falling apart in times of adversity. Yet, are we bringing shame to our Heavenly Father?

The time to seek to grow spiritually is in times we are at peace. We cannot wait until trouble comes to strengthen our faith. Pray for God to strengthen our faith now before the storm comes. Storms will come our way and that is a fact. Pray for God to begin a good work in us so that we can stand strong for the glory of God, no matter what comes our way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 13, 2022
Happy Friday,

“We Were Made For Your Honor”

Daily Prayer for May 13
“For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6, NIV
Lord our God, whose light shines out of the darkness and gleams brightly into our hearts, we thank you for all the goodness you allow us to see. We want to see your goodness clearly and have confidence in it, no matter how much around us is dark and disquieting. We want to remain firm and full of trust, looking to what you have put into our hearts so that we may come to know you. Be with us with your Spirit. Lead us to realize ever more clearly that we are made for your honor. “Amen

Everyone was made for a purpose. Those who rejected salvation also rejected the purpose they were born for. Even for Christians, it is hard sometimes to perform the purpose God made for us. It is not because it is too hard, but often we are too stubborn to perform the purpose God has for us.

There is often a little rebellion in us that makes us want to live out our own desires over God’s desires. When we choose to live in the will of God we will be more contentful and be at peace. Jonah ran from God rather than obey God. In the end, he did obey, but he was not happy about it,

When we choose to live in God’s will and be obedient to God, we are showing our love for God. Let us pray that God will help us to be obedient children. When we do this we will find that God’s purpose for us is the best way to live.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 12, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Obey God

Daily Prayer for May 12
“Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.” John 14:23, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you that we can be children of your Spirit. We thank you that because you have called us, we receive eternal gifts that enable us to stand firm even when many sorrows and burdens weigh us down. For you are our life, and in all the darkness, even that of death, you give us light and strength and joyful hope. Keep these alive in us. May an ever brighter light shine on all that you have already put into our hearts, on all that draws us daily to you. “Amen

Jesus Promises Another Helper
15 “If you love Me, [a]keep My commandments.

Men and women say I love you many times and do not mean it. God says if we really love Him, we will obey Him. Our declaration of love to God is Just words if we choose to live in sin. While it is true Christians mess up and sin, we are convicted until we repent and turn away.

What wondrous rewards are ours when we choose to live in obedience to God! But if we are comfortable in our sins and feel no conviction, this is a sign that we are not saved. Salvation is too important to hope we are saved. We must make sure we are saved. If we can live in sin and feel no conviction then this is a sign that we are not saved. Yes, I repeated that. We are too close to the end of grace to be guessing about whether we are saved or not.

It is time to turn away from sin and repent and not return to our sins but live in obedience to God. Sadly there will be those left behind at the rapture that thought they were saved. Today is the day to repent and leave sin behind. Today is the day of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 10, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

“Do Not Ignore God”

Luke 19:41-42
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it
42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes.

The Pharisees did recognize Jesus on purpose. They knew the Scriptures. They chose to disbelieve Him because they were concerned about their earthly positions in the temple. Because they chose to disbelieve, God allowed the truth to be hidden from them.

Many people today are in the same situation. They grew up knowing the truth about God, but little by little they abandoned the truth for various reasons and now the truth is hidden from them.

There are various reasons people have for abandoning the truth. Sometimes a sin seems more rewarding than the truth. Until the person completely abandons the truth for sin. They reach a point where they can no longer see the truth.

There are those who chose to promote sin for political reasons. They get so caught up in promoting sin, that the truth is hidden from them. Sin literally takes over them until they accept the sin as truth.

It is a dangerous thing to ignore God and His truths. We can reach a point of no return. Where in our own eyes the devil’s lies have become truth and we have become deaf to the truth of God.

Let us choose to listen to God’s Truths, to believe in the Bible, and seek the Holy Spirit so that we are always wise to the lies of the devil and his false preachers and teachers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 9, 2022
Happy Monday,

God Is Our Strength

“Promise #129:
My Spirit will help you in your weakness.

Romans 8:26 (WEB)
In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses,
for we don’t know how to pray as we ought.
But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us
with groanings which can’t be uttered.

The KJV Bible says that the Spirit helps us in our infirmities when we don't know what to pray for. The NIV Bibles says that the Spirit helps us in our weakness. Today's promise brings good news to everyone who has every felt weak and uncertain of what to pray for. I find it very comforting to know that the Holy Spirit that lives inside of me, is ready, willing and able to help me in my greatest moments of weakness.”

I believe every Christian has had a time when they felt weak and inadequate for the job God has called them to do. Let‘s face it, there are times we feel too weak to continue living, and yet in these times, God showers us with His grace and love.

God is not an abusive father waiting for His children to mess up so He can call us out. He wants us to be living at our best. Yet when we falter, He surrounds us with His love.

There are those of us who are suffering under multiple conditions, yet through Christ, we can walk in strength. We need not be ashamed of our circumstances but rejoice in the strength of the Lord.

Hold on, my friends. Do not give up when we are so very close to the finish line. Do not allow the enemy to deceive you for victory is indeed ahead and soon we will enter the gates of Heaven, where we will have no infirmities, no pain, and there will be no death. Rejoice now in what lies ahead for all who chose to put their trust in and live their lives for Jesus, our Lord, and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 8, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Mother's Day

Like a lot of Mothers, this day is hard for me. This is the first Mother's Day without my son. I am not alone in my grief. Many Mothers have lost a child. Many women grieve because they were never able to have children.

If you are one of the women grieving, remember that your Heavenly Father is with you today and always. I am blessed to have a beautiful daughter. If you were blessed to have more than one child, be grateful for your children.

My friends this is not our eternal home. Rejoice in that knowledge. Remind yourself daily that our hope in Heaven will one day play out when we walk through the gates of Heaven. What a glorious day that will be.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6, 2022
Happy Friday,

Groaning

Daily Prayer for May 6
“ I heard a loud voice proclaiming from the throne: “Now at last God has his dwelling among men! He will dwell among them and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes; there shall be an end to death, and to mourning and crying and pain; for the old order has passed away!” Revelation 21:3–4, NEB
Lord our God, we look to you and to Jesus Christ our Savior. Continually renew your grace and your power in our lives, we pray. Renew your grace and power, that we may have light even in dark and distressing times and through the Savior may overcome as we wait faithfully for your kingdom. Help us to be ready to take anything upon ourselves, to serve you with body and soul, with all we have and are. May we belong to the hosts of those who go to meet you, who wait for your coming kingdom, which will bring comfort to the world and to all people who now suffer and grieve. O Lord our God, have mercy on our times and on our world. Grant that with thanks and praise we may soon see the signs of the fulfillment of your promises. Amen”

The Bible says that the earth groans in anticipation of the day God will heal her. God’s children also look forward to that day, but did you know that God looks forward to that day? I did not.

Romans 8:22
New King James 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

What a glorious day it will be when God sets up His Kingdom on earth. We do not know as individuals what our Kingdom's job will be, but we do know that we will have access to the throne!

For now, let us strive to work for God in these trying times out of a heart filled with love for our Heavenly Father. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Choose to Stay Close to God

Yesterday, morning I had a skin cancer removed from my face. I had been given about a half dozen shots of local anesthesia because the area wasn't small and the Doctor had to dig deep to get all the cancer. I felt pretty good until last night when the anesthesia wore out and then I was in a lot of pain.

This is how sin can be. We step into sin, like a pool, in the shadow end, but slowly over time sin overtakes us. A drug addict does not plan on becoming so addicted that they lose their job and end up living on the street.

As Christians, we can get so caught up in making money that we move further and further away from God. We can become like the people of the Laodicea Church. We become lukewarm and unacceptable to God.

We must choose to live close to God. God is not going to force us to. We must choose to walk in righteousness and truth. We must choose to walk in faith. When we do these things, we will be rewarded. We will not be easily led astray by false teachers and their false doctrine.

Pray that God helps us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him and that we avoid the pitfalls of sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Content in All Circumstances

Philippians 4:11
New King James Version
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:

Paul learned to be content in all circumstances. As Christians, this should be what we strive for. Yet, sometimes it is hard. On my blog Saturday I put the day as Thursday. The note app I use on my tablet has the date and day and yet I still wrote the wrong day. The demntia is affecting me more and without God giving me peace I would be strung out about it.

Have you ever wondered how Paul was able to be content in all circumstances? He was beaten, abused, and often starved. God had prepared him beforehand.

Galatians 1:15-20
New King James Version
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
Contacts at Jerusalem
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see [a]Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. 20 (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.)

Jesus, Himself spent 3 years teaching and preparing Paul for His ministry. God often prepares us in advance for what we go through and during our times of trouble we can cry out to God and He will sustain us.

I do not know what the future holds for me concerning my dementia, for God has not called me to walk in the future. He has called me to walk with Him today.

There are a lot of rumors and talk about things that are going to happen shortly. There is a new COVID variant that is supposed to be more contingent. There are rumors of war with Russia and China.

If we are not careful we can slip into a depression, yet we do not need to do so. Whatever happens, God will be with us. We are living in uncertain times. We need to be closer to God more than ever. Let us not worry about what could happen in the coming months but trust God for each day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Trust In God

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” Matthew 6:25-26

We live in stressful times. Inflation is rising. The cost of everything is much higher. Food shortages are on the rise and crime is up. It is easy to become anxious, but Jesus tells us not to be anxious. He reminds us that God knows what we need and He will provide.

Jesus also reminds us that God values us. In a society that sees Christians as weak and mentally deficient, we can begin to believe the world’s lies. What the world sees us as weakness, God sees as strength.
When we stand for the truth of the Gospel, the world sees us as mentally challenged.

We must remember that as Christians we are to be about the Father’s business and our objective is to please God and not mankind. The morale of mankind changes with the winds. God’s Holy Word is constant from the beginning to the end.

Trusting in God is a choice. Believing in God’s Holy Word is a choice. We must each choose for ourselves whether we desire to please God our man. We cannot do both. There will come a time when we are forced to choose.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 30, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Dreams

We have no control over our dreams. We cannot opt-out or choose to dream something else. I am very upset over a dream I had before I woke up, today.

I believe the devil and his demons sometimes cause us to have dreams that upset us. This is when we need to remind ourselves that a dream can not affect reality.

When we wake up from a bad dream seek God for comfort. Ask Him to wrap us up in His love and take away our distress and pain. God will give us peace and comfort when we seek Him.

The devil seeks to cause confusion and doubt in our hearts when we reach out to God, our faith grows stronger and we are no longer confused.

1 Corinthians 14:33
King James Version
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Though this Scripture is written to Churches, I believe it is true for individuals that God does not sow in our heart's confusion. Confusion is a tool of the devil. Resist the devil’s lies and seek truth from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2022
Happy Friday,

“Living Hope”

1 Peter 1:3-7
New International Version
Praise to God for a Living Hope
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

God gives us a living hope. It is not an imaginary hope. This hope is as real as our bodies. We have an inheritance in Heaven that is real. We hope for a future in Heaven because we have not seen it with our eyes, but Heaven is also as real as our own bodies.

Peter reminds us that the trials we go through are not in vain. We go through the fire so that our faith is tested so that our faith is refined and becomes more precious than gold, for the glory and honor of Jesus Christ.

Our sacrifices are not in vain and we will be rewarded in Heaven for anything we give up on earth for God and His Kingdom. Where we suffer loss on earth will result in great gain in Heaven. Our suffering is only for a little while compared to the reward of Heaven which will be eternal. Jesus, is indeed our living hope.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 28, 2022
Happy Thursday,

We Must Live By Faith

Romans 1:17
New King James Version
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Hebrews 11:6
New King James Version
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

To live a life that is pleasing to God, we must live by faith. Faith is not hoping but it is trusting. We must trust God. When we have complete faith in God, we will be able to accept His will even when His will is different than our own.

Genesis 15:5-6
New King James Version
5 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

Abraham believed God and God declared Abraham righteous. If we are to live in righteousness then we must trust God, even when there are times that we do not understand why God allows things to happen the way they do.

Hebrews is known as the faith chapter, listing many Saints of old who believed even when the answers to their prayers had not come to commission. As Christians, we believe in Heaven even though we have never seen Heaven. When God allows something bad to happen to us, remind ourselves that God sees the bigger picture while we have only a limited view. One day we will see what God saw and we will understand.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

My Sister

Today would have been my youngest sister’s Birthday. She passed away in 1993. It's been 29 years since I have seen and talked to my sister, yet I can still feel her in my heart.

People are not like objects that we use until they no longer work and we discard them. People in our lives shape our lives and leave a lasting impression that lasts forever.

This is one of the reasons it is important to live in righteousness. We can choose to leave a good impression or a bad impression on others. Do those around us see the light of Jesus shining through us, or are we a carrier of sin and despair? Do our lives reflect hope in Jesus or doubt and fears?

Let us pray that God will help us to be an encouraged to those around us. That we choose to live in peace to the best of our abilities. God help us to live in a way that people can see Jesus in us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Luke 12:22-34
New International Version

“Do Not Worry”

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[a]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

I think it would shock us if we could see all the hours we wasted worrying in our lives. Yet, worrying never solved one problem. Instead of worrying and then going to God in prayer, when we are at the end of our rope, perhaps we should call out to God at once when problems or situations arrive to overwhelm us.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Seek God first and seek to live righteously. Lay aside the little sins that corrupt our souls. Seek the approval of God over mankind. Worship God, everyday and give Him praise in all circumstances.

Do not fear the times we are living but trust in our Heavenly Father everyday, knowing that He will never leave us or forsake us. When the devil speaks fear into our ears, speak God’s Holy Word over your life.
Let us strive to lay aside worry and stand on the promises of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2022
Happy Monday,

Every day brings new challenges. If we watch the news, there is always something bad happening somewhere. It is easy to become depressed and stressed, but this does not have to be so.

No matter what is happening around us or across the ocean, God is still in control. Today, more than ever we to remind ourselves that God told us how the last days would be. He did not tell us to hang our heads in despair but to look up.

Luke 21:28 King James Version
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Our day of rejoicing is drawing near. Soon we will lay down our burdens for good. Soon we will be in our glorified bodies. While we are still here, comfort one another and remind ourselves and others that victory is in sight. For now, let us serve God with a willing heart, and do not forget to live in hope and great expectations for our “redemption draweth nigh”.
Betty

https://youtu.be/tIZitK6_IMQ

Hold it all together, everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere and barely leaves you holding on

And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held
Just be held

If your eyes are on the storm you'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross you'll know I always have and I always will

And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held
Just be held

Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where youll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held (stop holding on)
Just be held
Just be held
Just be held
Just be held

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

It Is More Than, I Can Take

When I got out of bed, I was suffering so much pain, and my first thought was this is more than I can take. Then the Holy Spirit whispered to me that God does not want me to bear my burdens alone.

Too often we Christians, me included, live like we have no Heavenly Father. We try to fight our battles alone. God did not save our souls and then forget about us. He knows when we are overwhelmed and in these times, He wants us to draw close to Him.

There are many times that God protects us when we did not even know about the danger, but there are also times that God wants us to cry out to Him. To acknowledge our need of Him. To seek Him and then give Him the glory of the wondrous work He does in our lives.

What if we are not healed, then we praise God as we go through the journey of life with Him. Always pray for healing. Healing will come on earth or in Heaven. Do not lose heart even during times of suffering but keep our trust securely in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23, 2022
Happy Saturday,

He Knows Me, More

Psalm 139:23-24King James Version
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Have you ever had words come out of your mouth that shocked you? I have. I have been embarrassed at things I have said. Truth is sometimes we do not know ourselves the evil that is growing in our hearts.

Matthew 15:18
New King James Version
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.

This is why we should do like David and pray often for God to search our hearts and bring to light our hidden sins so we can confess and repent. God can heal our hearts of hidden sins. God can and is willing to lead us into righteousness.

We can pick up evil thoughts and ideas from living in this world but we can always go to God and ask Him to heal our minds and hearts from evil.
Living righteousness is not easy. We need God to help us and He is willing.

The devil has filled the hearts of men and women with evil. Mankind as a whole had rejected Biblical truth and accepted evil as normal behavior. If we are not careful, we can allow the world to change our mind on what is truth.

Mankind has accepted as truth many things that would have shocked all of us just 10 years ago. Hollywood has filled movies and tv shows with sin being accepted as normal behavior until the masses have begun to believe that sin is normal behavior.

My friends, we must be careful that we do not begin to believe world views over the truth of the Bible. The Bible is the true and living Word of God. God has not changed His mind. What God declared as sin, is still sin.
We must pray that God will help us stand for the truth of God’s Word, in a world where the truth is no longer accepted nor appreciated.

May God keep us safe and our hearts and minds pure. God bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2022
Happy Friday,

Longing For The Return Of Jesus

“Daily Prayer for April 22
Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. Luke 12:35–36, NIV
Lord our God, we wait in expectation. Even in the great distress on earth, we wait in longing for your day to come, for the pangs of death to pass, so that your kingdom may arise and the reign of Jesus Christ may spread over the whole world in power and glory. May your promise be fulfilled and your will be done on earth. May there always be people who believe and who pray in faith, “Lord God, come! Come, Lord God. Humankind does not understand how to live. Send us Jesus Christ, the Savior, Lord, and Judge of the dead and the living. Put an end to sin and death!” We thank you for giving us this faith and for letting us pray at all times, “Come, Lord Jesus. Yes, come soon, Lord Jesus!” We ask you to protect us in this faith. Bring this faith to fulfillment for the glory of your name. Amen”

2 Timothy 4:7-9
King James Version
7 I have fought a good fight; I have finished my course; I have kept the faith.
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me on that Day — and not to me only, but unto all those also who love His appearing.

There are those who think that those of who long for the rapture are too obsessed, but there is a crown for those who love Jesus coming for His children. Just as a Bride longs for her Wedding Day, so should the Bride of Christ long for His appearing.

We cannot even imagine the glorious wonders of Heaven. Just being in a place with no sin, violence or hate is glorious. Yet the beauty of Heaven is beyond our imagination. Heaven will be a place where love abounds.

We can work for God on earth and still long for the rapture. We can pray for sinners and still say: “Come quickly, Lord Jesus”. Never feel badly for longing for Heaven. This does not mean we do not love our family. Rejoice over our saved loved ones and pray for our lost loved ones.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Someday, Never Came

Someday never came could be written on many gravestones. Most people know what is right to do but just keep putting it off. Someday I will work fewer hours and spend time with the kids. Before they realize it the kids are grown and they are too busy to spend time with a parent that never had time for them.

The saddest are those who know the truth about God but choose to put salvation off until they sow their wild oats, not realizing that every time they refuse the Holy Spirit that their heart hardens until they are no longer capable of hearing their Holy Spirit.

How sad to spend eternity in hell, knowing then how many times that one turned a deaf ear to the Holy Spirit! I meant to get saved one day will not get you into Heaven.

Some are so deaf to the call of the Holy Spirit that they do not see the times we are living in. People say I have heard Jesus is coming all my life and I don't think he is coming now. Yes, we have heard about the rapture for a long time. Yet how long have we heard world leaders crying out that we need someone to come on the scene and fix the world. Every day someone is saying that we need a One World Government. Now the world is calling for a digital currency. Just as Jesus cried over Israel because She was blind to the times they were living in, it must break His hearts to see even Christians blind to the times we are living in today.

Now is the time for salvation. Now is the time for living in righteousness and the truth of the Gospel. Now is the time to put God first in our lives. May God open our eyes to the times we are living in.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Is My Heart In It?

As Christians, there are times that we take on a job at Church, simply because we are asked to. Our motives for doing the work can be misplaced. We may say yes because we want to look good. We may even say yes because we feel pressured to.

After we say, yes there are times we need to take the time to pray and ask God to change our motives from what they are into the motive of wanting to please God. When we do a job out of our love for God we will find that the work will be much easier and we will not become resentful.

When we work from a heart of love we will be a blessing to God and others and we will find joy in our work. After we finish our work, even we feel physically tired, we will have the satisfaction of pleasing our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

He is Not Here!

Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here.” 
Mark 16:6

Did you ever wonder why Jesus was not sitting at the tomb waiting for His disciples? The tomb had served its purpose and Jesus was ready to move on, to new work.

Have you ever been blessed by a week-long revival? The Holy Spirit moving so greatly that you hated to leave the Church and go home. We need revivals but revivals are a time of refreshing so that we can go out into the world to shine the light of the Gospel on others.

This world is not our final home. Our life in this world serves a purpose, but one day we will move on to our eternal home. We can be distracted into putting too much focus on this world and not enough focus on Heaven. God warned us to store up treasures for Heaven and not to be so concerned about building up treasures on earth that can be stolen or disappear in a fire.

God help us to be more focused on Him and His kingdom and to desire to please Him more.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement