Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 18)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 25, 2020
Happy Wednesday.

”Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart”

It is not easy to admit, but we have all been guilty of singing praises to God, at Church, and our heart is just not in it. There are times, if we are honest, we are not feeling grateful to God. We are singing praises to God, but we are feeling anything but grateful. We may feel that God has forsaken us. We may feel that the trial we are going through is unfair. We may even feel, unloved by God.

Sometimes we need to stop singing and talk to God. Share with God how we feel. Express our displeasure we feel towards God, with Him. Then ask God to forgive us and heal our broken spirit. When we reach out to God honestly, then we can sing with a grateful heart.

God knows us better than we know ourselves. There is no point in trying to pretend with God. Being honest but respectfully with God can open our hearts to being healed of anger and resentment.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 24, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

”Fade as a Leaf”

Isaiah 64:6King James Version6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

In less than two weeks two grandchildren of two different billionaires have passed away. Coming from a rich family does not guaranteed success or a long life. Nor, does it give us a free pass into Heaven.

Rich and poor, both, have hard times. This life will fade away as a leaf blown from a tree by the wind. What is important is whether we have a relationship with God? Our final destination is determined by whether we have salvation through Jesus and not what family on earth, we were born into.

As Christians let us not be concerned about the riches of others but how rich our relationship with God is. Do we want to be coasting along when the rapture happens? Getting into Heaven by the skin of our teeth is not something to brag about. Some say there will be no tears in Heaven, but that is not true. There will be tears of joy and tears of shame when we realize how much more God wanted to do in our lives but we were too stubborn to listen to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to guide us.

God help us to be willing vessels, with a willing spirit, and a willingness to work for God until He comes to take us Home to Heaven.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 23, 2020
Happy Monday,

A Square Block in a Round Hole

Do you every feel like you just don’t fit in. Even at Church we can feel we do not fit in with the rest of the congregation. This is a trick of the devil. He wants us to feel like we are in some way, less then other Christians.
The devil likes to use our minds as his playground.

What do we do at times like this? We go to God in prayer. God died for our sins and not just other Christians. The Holy Spirit did not bring salvation to us, just as an afterthought. I have heard Preachers say Jesus would have died for our sins, even if we're the only sinner. If you are like me, you have trouble believing that.

We are unworthy and so is every Christian. Jesus did not die for our sins because we are good enough. He died for us because He loves us. When we lay aside the notion that we can ever be good enough, then we can rejoice in the most precious gift ever given to us, salvation. Let us rejoice in the knowledge that God loves us.
Betty

For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” Isaiah 41:13

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Psalm 23.1-3

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 21,2020
Happy Saturday,

How Can I Repay God?

We can never repay God for all He has done for us. We can though, do our best to live obediently and work for God because we love Him. Living for God should be our desire and we should have a heart of love for God and others.

Let us not just work to get our ticket into Heaven but to work for God from a loving grateful heart. When things get rough for us, let us run to God and not run from Him. Praise Him amid a storm, instead of complaining.

It is okay to talk to God and tell Him our fears. He is the one that can bring peace to us when we feel overwhelmed. There is no need to pretend with God. He knows our doubts and fears and we can speak truthfully to God with a loving heart.
Betty

Psalm 94:19 King James Version19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Psalm 119:50 King James Version50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

2 Corinthians 1:3 King James Version3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 20, 2020
Happy Friday,

Choose Love

Matthew 22:36-40King James Version36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

People can bring out the best in us and the worse. We cannot control the actions of others, but we can control our reactions. This is often not easy. Family members know how to push our buttons. Driving anywhere today and you are most likely to cross paths with an angry and bitter person. Shopping brings us closer to others who tend to be too tired and angry.

When we add our issues with tiredness, anger, and frustration, we can become a powder keg, ready to blow. It is not enough to stuff our feelings inside. This can cause us to take out our anger, later on, family members and others who cross our path.

What is the answer? Prayer! At the moment whisper a prayer to God for comfort for ourselves and the person we are dealing with. Pray for physical and emotional strength. Pray for a heart of compassion. Just because someone says something or does something to us that offends us, does not mean we have to react.

Sometimes the best thing to do is say that you are sorry, even if you were in the right. Other times it is best just to move away from angry people. If you are in a line, and they reject your apology then face the other way and be quiet. We do not always have to have the last word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 19, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Something to Hold On to

Nahum 1:7King James Version7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

There are times, Christians when we being blown away by a strong wind. We have closed our eyes to God and are completely focused on what is around us. We know longer see the face of God or hear Him speaking to us. Elijah's servant became overwhelmed by the army that had come against Israel. Elijah did not shame his servant but prayed that God would open his eyes to see the spiritual warfare of God’s.

2 Kings 6:17 ”And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.”

If we could see with our eyes the Angels, God has sent to surround us to protect us in our battles, we would not be so fearful. God wants us to trust Him amid our battles. To take our eyes off of the evil around us and focus our eyes on God.

God is not hiding in Heaven. He sees and knows what is going on. He sees the evil that is growing around us. God wants us to trust Him amid the battle. Cry ou to Jesus and seek His face.
Betty

Carman - Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross Lyrics`
Jesus, keep me near the Cross;
There a precious fountain,
Free to all -- a healing stream --
Flows from Calvary's mountain.

In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever,
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning Star
Shed its beams around me.

Be my glory ever,
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day
With its shadow o'er me.

Be my glory ever,
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross! I'll watch and wait,
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand
Just beyond the river.

Be my glory ever,
Rest beyond the river.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 18, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Giving Up

Today we are living in uncertain times, which leads to stress, and we are all dealing with personal issues that drain us emotionally and physically. We become so distracted with our issues and we begin to feel that God has forgotten us. The devil whispers lies to us that can cause us to give up. We can be like Elijah and just want to lie down and have God take us home.

The devil wants us not to only give up on ourselves but to give up on God. I do not believe God is saying to us, ”put a fork in it, you are done”. We often wonder if we have the strength to go on. God is telling us to come to Him and find His rest. When our time is over God will take us home, but let us not throw in the towel, but to seek to work for God until He says for us to come home.
Betty

I saw a tiny little squirrel yesterday running across the road. I wanted to tell it to come to my house for food.

Psalm 37:7King James Version7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Psalm 51:12King James Version12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Matthew 11:28King James Version28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28King James VersionCome unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Lord Jesus, please do not give up on me and help me not to give up on You.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 17, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

The Joy of the Lord

1 Peter 1:24King James Version24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

God wants us to live a life of joy. Joy, not happiness. Happiness is fleeting and comes and goes with the wind. The joy that God gives is steady. Even amid grief, God can provide little diamonds of joy. Joy sustains us through sickness, as we take time to think of all the wonderful moments of joy that God has given us throughout our lifetime.

Nehemiah 8:10King James Version10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

God was concerned about Israel and told her to indulge in food and drink, for God had prepared them that day to be joyful. Sometimes we think God is sitting on His throne with a whip, just waiting to strike us for any wrongdoing, on our part. God rejoices with us when we have had success in our lives and He wants to comfort us in our times of loss. When we are grieving do not hide from God, but seek His face and ask to be comforted.

It is tempting to spend our time worrying about what next year will bring. God wants us to trust that He will be with us today, tomorrow, and next year. Whatever troubles come our way, God will walk with us.

We are blessed people for we walk daily with the Creator of all things. May God bless and comfort you, with His undying love.
Betty

https://pin.it/2jHwP2c

Look at this... 👀

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 16, 2020
Happy Monday,

Guard Your Mind

Philippians 4:8King James Version8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

There are a lot of things today in this world, that can lead us to depression and despair. We can find ourselves dwelling on the evil around us. Apostle Paul warns us to keep our mind on pure thoughts and thoughts that are pleasing to God.

This doesn't mean that we are to hide our eyes from the truth. Sin is abounding and evil is growing. Instead of focusing on the evil around us let us focus our eyes on our Heavenly Father. Reminding ourselves that this is not our home. We have a home in Heaven, awaiting us.

Pray for those caught up in sin and praise God for keeping us off of an evil path. Like the old song says when we turn our eyes on Jesus, the things of this world seem to fade away.
Betty

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
1 O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
2 Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
3 His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 15, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Give Thanks to God, Faithfully

Psalm 100:4King James Version4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

How grateful are we? Do we only praise God at Church? Do we only offer praises to God, when He gives us something? In times of trouble, do we become resentful towards our Heavenly Father?

Praising God should be like breathing, a natural response in good and bad times. It is easy to praise God, when things are going great for us. Praising God after a day with problems piled one on top of another, is hard.

Yet when we offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, God will overflow our hearts with His Sweet Holy Spirit. Praising God in the midst of struggles and problems, will bring us our own personal revival.

Have you ever sang praises to God when tears are flowing down your face from physical or emotional problems? This is a sacrifice of praise.
God will comfort us when we are willing to praise Him, in the midst of grief, sickness and torment.
Betty

Psalm 30:11Verse ConceptsYou have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Mourning-Turned-To-Joy

John 16:20King James Version20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Romans 5:2King James Version2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 14, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Yesterday, was a rough day for me. I put in the directions on my Navigation system, for my Doctor’s office in Conroe, instead of the Woodlands office. When I realized that, I became very confused. By the time I found the office, I was crying In the waiting room.

Before I woke up this morning, I dreamed I was taking a class at College and they were taking us home by a School bus, because the streets were flooded and I was very upset because I could not remember where I lived.

I say all this to remind us that the devil can confuse us with his lies. If we listen to the woke lies of Hollywood and the media, we can lose sight of the truth of the Gospel. Even some Preachers and Teachers of God’s Word have become so woke, that they no longer feed their flock with the complete truth but add so much fake Gospel that it is watered down and useless.

Christians, we must make sure the Preaching and Teaching we are listening to, is the complete truth of God’s Holy Word so that we are not led astray from the truth. Cotton candy preaching and teaching are not going to sustain us in rough times.

This life on earth will never be our best life. Our best life will be in Heaven with Jesus. God has not called us to live for Him, to fight for our blessed life here but to serve Him with a willing and grateful heart. Our best is yet to come. Live for Jesus and be faithful children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 13, 2020
Happy Friday

What Do I Do Next?

Psalm 73:24 King James Version24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

There are times that we do not where God wants us to do. We can become discouraged. We can even feel like we are just standing and accomplishing nothing.

What can we do when we feel like God is not speaking to us? We keep on praying for ourselves and others. We read the Bible and seek answers and we wait patiently for God to guide us. Could it be that God wants us to take time to rest in His presence?

This year has been very stressful. We could all use some alone time with God, so that we can be refueled by the Holy Spirit. We do not know what the coming months will bring, but remember we can count on God to be with us and He will never forsake us.
Betty

Keep looking for your little diamonds of hope throughout each day, whether it is a flower or a bird

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 12, 2020
Happy Thursday,

I Don't Understand

Many things happen in our lives that we do not understand. Some things we can look back and see why God allowed certain things to happen. Other things we will never understand, in this life.

Contrary to our thoughts, God does not owe us an exclamation of why He does things. On the other hand, we owe Him our trust. We are merely clay in the Father’s hands.

Today, as we wait patiently or impatiently on the election we must wait for the final outcome. We cannot rush it, but patiently for the results and trust God. If Biden prevails, I believe that it will be a sign that the rapture is very soon and the day of judgment is at hand. Whatever happens let us give our Heavenly Father our complete trust.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 11, 2020
Happy Veterans Day,

Service

Today we honor Veterans for serving our Country, as we should do. Men and women give up civilian life to serve and protect America. Serving your Country is an act of patriotism.

As Christians, we serve God, our Creator. God also called us to serve others. Jesus was an example of a server when He washed the feet of the Disciples. We should work for God out of a grateful heart. We should serve one another out of a loving heart.

Thank you to every Veteran who stood up to protect our freedoms.
God bless you. God bless Americans who are willing to stand and honor our Country and her Flag.

As Christians, let us live in a way that honors our God. May we be a shining example of God’s love for one another. Living righteously and honoring God with worship and praise.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 10, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Live Like Children of God

Romans 8:14-18King James Version
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

We are often inclined to live like orphans, who have been abandoned.
Living in fear and doubt. We neglect to share our needs with our Heavenly Father. Feeling unworthy to seek His help and guidance.

We did not receive the gift of our salvation because of our greatness. God loved us before we were even born. When we stop trying to earn our salvation then we are free to live for Jesus with a grateful heart. We seek to please God not to earn our way into Heaven, but because we love Him.

We should not become prideful, for our salvation, is not out of our plans but planned by God before the earth was created. God is worthy of all honor and praise. Let us with a joyful heart express our love for God, daily.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 9, 2020
Happy Monday,

Fear Not

Psalm 27:1King James Version27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

We are so prone to fear, some of more than others. God so many times tells us to fear not, but the devil whispers words of discouragement and doubts into our ears. We often stop listening to God and instead listen to the lies of Satan.

We can become like the scoffers and doubt that Jesus is coming for us. We can begin to listen to the lies of the devil they tell us that Jesus is not coming for many years.

Look around Christians, are we not living in the days of Noah? God has been patient with sinners, but the world has become so evil that even we as humans are offended. God must be so much so!

Let us stop listening to the lies of the devil and begin to listen to the voice of truth: God, Almighty. When fear comes knocking cry out to God and focuses your eyes on Him.
Betty

Turn your eyes upon Jesus

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 8, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Why Do Evil People Prosper?

“Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all who are treacherous thrive?” (Jeremiah 12:1b, ESV)
“Why do the wicked live, reach old age, and grow mighty in power? Their offspring are established in their presence, and their descendants before their eyes.Their houses are safe from fear, and no rod of God is upon them.Their bull breeds without fail; their cow calves and does not miscarry.They send out their little boys like a flock, and their children dance.They sing to the tambourine and the lyre and rejoice to the sound of the pipe. They spend their days in prosperity, and in peace they go down to Sheol.” (Job 21:7-13, ESV)
“For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.” (Psalm 73:3, ESV)

My friends, this is not our heavenly Home. For evil people, this earth is the closest they will ever get to Heaven. Even now we get a glimpse of how evil people have to scratch and fight for the little bit of power and prosperity they achieve. What are 70-80 years of success, compared to an eternity of glorious bliss?

Let us not envy those who obtain their success by destroying others and climbing over their bodies. Even on earth many who have lived their whole lives fighting anyone in their success often betray their bitterness on faces that have grown ugly and wretched over their years.

These people are not God’s children. God disciplines His children so we can repent and have our relationship with God repaired. They will face judgment when they stand before the White Throne of Judgment. But the day is coming when God will pour out His wrath on this world for rejecting His Son, Jesus, and choosing to follow Satan and adopt his evil ways.
Betty

Running this race of life without losing the faith, is success! (2 Timothy 4:7). If we seek a reward, let it be the reward of an incorruptible crown! (1 Corinthians 9:25).

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 7, 2020
Happy Saturday,

It Did Not Turn Out As I Wanted

This election is another reminder that life does not always go the way we planned. Remember the saying: ”man writes his plans in pencil and God writes His plans in ink. This is not the time to question the wisdom of our Heavenly Father. This is time to renew our trust in God. Whatever happens, children of God, our future is secured in the hands of God. Heaven is the prize that awaits us.

Philippians 3:14-16King James Version14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

God will sustain us through our daily walk. Our job is to keep pressing onwards until the trumpet blows, announcing the call to meet Jesus in the air. The victory belongs to God and we belong to Him. Stand firm in your faith in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 6, 2020
Happy Friday,

We can trust God

Isaiah 14:24King James Version24 The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

We can trust God with our lives, souls, and spirit. When God says that He will do something, He will! Jesus said that God will punish the Nations for their sins. America as a Nation, has chosen to honor sexual sins and to make the killing of unborn babies, legal. She will face the judgment of God.

Jesus said that He will come back for His own. He said it and He will do it. We do not know the day, not the hour, but we can trust His Word. God will give us the strength to face the coming days. We can be secure in the promises of God. Let us not give into fear but trust in God with all our hearts.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2020
Happy Thursday,

No One Understands Me

”Promise #308:
I know everything about you and am mindful of all your ways.

Psalm 139:1-3 (WEB)
1 Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.”

We can become discouraged. We can feel like no one cares about us.
When we become depressed, the devil will cause us to isolate ourselves from people. These causes us to feel more alone and more depressed.

We cannot blame our friends and families when we isolate ourselves away from them. We need to reach out to others when we are feeling overwhelmed and not just assume they know.

As much as friends and families want to help, God wants to help us even more. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. He knows our deepest secrets. The Heavenly Father wants us to call out to Him in our time of need.

Let us not hide ourselves away when we feel sad. Let us talk to friends and family members. Let us pray that God will straighten our paths when the paths become crooked. Pray for peace and healing. We may feel unimportant, but God loves us and we are important to Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 4, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

The Election is Over

Now, what do we do? We go about our lives, knowing as children of God, we individually are under the wings of the one True God. If Trump wins God may be giving America more time to repent. If Biden wins, the time for America to fall under judgment is here.

When things get bad, lean into God more, and seek His face daily. No matter what happens, it is wise for us to keep our faith in God and to trust Him with all of our hearts. He will never fail us.

Matthew 11:28-30New International Version28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

We can find rest when we come to God. Amid the chaos, He will give us peace. Do not allow the election results to cause you to fear. God has not lost His Power. Stand firm in your faith and ignore the devil’s lies.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 3, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Lord, Give Us A Obedient Heart

We are prone to wander off the path that God has chosen for us. Like, little children, we can become distracted by sins that appear pretty and sweet. We mean to walk in righteousness, but too many times we find ourselves caught up in sin.

Tempers can cause unholy words to come out of our mouths. Physical and emotional exhaustion can cause us to make compromises. In these stressful days, let us begin the days with prayer for strength to walk the path God has chosen for us. Pray that God will guard our mouths from sinful words.

Whatever happens with this election, God is still in control. We can still trust Him with all our hearts ❤️.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 1, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Feed Our Souls

Matthew 5:6King James Version6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

To live righteously in an evil world, we need to feed on God’s Word, daily. A spiritual meal on Sunday morning will no longer cut it in these evil days. There are false teachers and Preachers everywhere who's teachings can lead us off the path of righteousness. If we do not know what the truth of God says, we can easily be led astray by false teachings that sound pleasant to our ears.

Yet we are a blessed generation. We will see Jesus coming in the clouds to collect His children! Troubles may rise up on every side but our hope in the rapture should fill our hearts with overwhelming joy. The King of Kings is coming for His children. Our hearts are blessed by the knowledge that our blessed Hope is coming soon!
Betty

Jeremiah 17:7King James Version7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

Titus 2:13King James Version13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 31, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Endurance

James 1:12 King James Version12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Paul and other Scripture writers stressed over and over the importance of endurance to the end. We have come so far, for us to turn our back on God? Should we give in to temptation and stray into sin?

Psalm 37:29King James Version29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

We have grown weary and tired in these days of turbulence. It is easy to look around and wonder where is God? My dear friends God is with us all the time. Cry out to Him and seek Him.

In these days of Christan intolerance and canceled society, we must stand strong in our faith. Today those who promote evil are rising up and finding respect from the mases. Remember they may be popular today but an eternity of suffering awaits them.
Betty

Matthew 10:22King James Version22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 13:7 King James Version7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Hebrews 12:2OKing James Version2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 30, 2020
Happy Friday,

This World Is Headed For Judgement

Hebrews 12:28King James Version 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

This world has been shaking, since the Days of Noah. Earthquakes, hurricanes, typhoons, and tornadoes. Kingdoms are gained and lost in war. Nothing on this earth is guaranteed.

On the other hand, our future home in Heaven is secure. No person nor any weather can affect it's beauty. Eternity with Jesus is a gift beyond measure.

Soon, this world will face judgment from God. His judgment will be fierce and make every storm caused by weather like a picnic. It is time my friend to make sure we are rapture-ready. The people who gain wealth and power by the evil they commit will soon find themselves in the crosshairs of an angry God. Let us get our house in order and pray for our lost loved ones and friend. Jesus is coming back soon, for His Bride.
Betty

Matthew 11:30King James Version30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 29, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness. Psalm 89:15–16, NIV

Yesterday, was a long day for us at the VA. We got finish quickly, only to wait an hour and a half for the bus. The bus came but did not even slow down to let us on the bus. We had to call Uber to pick us up. We were exhausted when got home.

There is always a reason for why God allows things to happen. I admit I was upset at the bus driver and reported them. But, we can be at peace even when unexpected issues arise. Knowing God is always with us. He surrounds with His love and His peace.

Whatever issue we have, we can rejoice in knowing that God loves us. I pray that God will bless you today and encourage you with His peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 27, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Overwhelmed

The last several months have been overwhelmingly stressful. Hubby has has his foot in a cast for three months and has had surgery on his foot three weeks ago. I still have my hand in a splint from a broken finger. Hubby can’t walk, so I am pushing him around in a wheelchair.

As if that is enough, some unexpected financial issues have come up. When things like this happen we are tempted to be discouraged. The devil can use these times to discourage us.

Watching the Presidential debates, has been stressful for most of us.
Yet we can remind ourselves that while Christians are no longer respected, we are children of the one true God. We can find comfort in our relationship with God. He is our source of strength.
Betty

Have a tiny squirrel on my bird feeder. Always makes me happy.

“Promise #300:
Jesus is happy to share His inheritance with you.

Romans 8:16-17 (WEB)
16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God;
17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ;
if indeed we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified with him.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Monday 27, 2020
Happy Monday,

Where Is My Peace?

This world is unsettled in almost every area. We do not know if and when we are going to be guaranteed again. We do not know who will be President next year. Will be able to attend Church next year? Will our Pastors be able to Preach the truth of God? Will we be canceled on Social Media for quoting Scripture that some people are offended by?

We can be tempted to cry out to God, ”where is our peace?” Our peace does not come from this world. Our peace comes from God. Remember this is not our home. Heaven is our home. The world hated Jesus and the world today hates the truth of the Gospel. If you speak the truth, you will be considered ignorant and you will be hated.

God has warned us of these last days. He said evil will abound. It looks like evil is winning. This can be discouraging, but let us go to the end of the Book of the Revelations and you will see God will win the war and evil will be defeated. Keep your faith secure in God and your eyes on your coming award in Heaven.

Philippians 4:7King James Version7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 25, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”I Believe In Science”

A great composer, from the ’60s, said recently that he believes in Science. He has no faith in God but plants his faith in Science.

Romans 1:25 ”Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.”

Science exists, but science was created by God. God told us there would be those who chose to worship the creation and deny the Creator of all things.

They refuse the truth and instead choose to walk in darkness. Denying the existence of God. They chose not to walk in truth but walk the path of lies created by the devil.

Psalms 82:5 ”They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.”

Their eyes have been blinded by God because they rejected the truths of God and embraced the lies of the devil. This man talked about how honest Vice-President Biden is. Biden has told so many lies that the poor man is confused.

This composer is an example of the liberals who have drunk the devil’s kool-aid and can no longer recognize the truth. They have changed the names of sins to hide the evil behind the sin. Planned Parenthood is the worse. Pro-choice for those who believe sacrificing babies for personal gain is considered a noble right.

The liberals applaud a man who believes it is acceptable to transform an 8-year-old boy into a girl by medication that would stop the child from going into natural purbity. Only God knows what is going to happen to these children when they reach adulthood.

Since the beginning of time, a baby's gender was determined at birth. Now mankind wants to replace man or woman with a hundred varieties of genders. The truth of a baby's body parts are ignored and people are buying into the lies of the devil. You wanted a girl but you had a boy so you choose to turn your boy into a girl. Only God knows the damage that is done into forcing a child into denying their physical body to accept the wishes of a parent.

We look at the evil around us and wonder how things can get worse and the devil takes that as a challenge and produces more evil. Every man and woman must choose who they will believe- God's truth or the devil's lies. The decision will affect mankind's destination for eternity.

Joshua 24:15

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Revelation 22:12 - 22:13
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 24, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Compromise; Yes or No?

There are times that we should compromise. In marriage, there should be a compromise between husbands and wives. When one party gives in all the time, bitterness will grow. Bitterness will destroy the foundation of a marriage.

Parenting requires compromise. If we are too demanding over our children they will become bitter. As I look back to my parenting days, I find that I often made too big a deal out of the little things.

One area we should never compromise is God’s Holy and sin. It is not our place to change the Word of God to be seeker-friendly. Not should we indulge in what we think of as little sins. Sin always takes us further than we ever planned to go.

We will be more at peace when we obey God and His Holy Word. Let us seek to walk as close as we can to God and not try to straddle the fence; not have one leg in the world and one leg in Christianity.
Betty

Ephesians 5:15-16King James Version15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Ephesians 5:15-16
King James Version
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 22, 2020
Happy Thursday,

In all Circumstances

Today my brain is lagging behind a bit, hindering my thought process. We all have days when we do not feel our best. These times it is good to draw closer to God. To lean on him for physical and mental strength. God is always willing to give us His attention and strengthen us.

Everybody goes through something in this world. It is hard not to question God for why we are facing a certain difficulty. God wants us to trust Him enough to be willing to walk the path He has chosen for us, without complaining. When we release our fears and trust Him completely in our circumstances, we will find peace.

Everyone has a different path, but God loves all His children the same. There is no favoritism. His love for us is perfect. When we stop comparing our difficulties with others, we can relax and walk in peace with God.

God has with us since the moment we got saved. Through every trial and through every success. He has been our cheerleader, our source of strength, and in times of grief, our comforter. God will not abandon not forsake us.
Betty

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There's been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation
God gave me blessed consolation
That my trials come to only make me strong

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word

I've been to lots of places
I've seen a lot of faces
There's been times I felt so all alone
But in my lonely hours
Yes, those precious lonely hours
Jesus lets me know that I was His own

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 21, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

This Election is Dividing America

A Michigan Pastor resigns because his flock are Trump supporters. His question to the Church was: ”What would Jesus do?” In my opinion, the Pastor has lost his way. Where would Jesus stand on abortion? The Bible makes it clear that God hates those who shed innocent blood. You cannot get more innocent than unborn babies.

President Trump is in office because God wanted him to be. In a previous church I attended for many years, the Pastor told the Church to vote for Hillary.
I honestly, do not think the Pastor should be telling the congregation who to vote for. Rather tell the flock to vote for the person that stands by Bible principals.

I am more afraid of this election than any other. If Trump wins there will be rioting in the streets. If Biden wins, America will be under the judgment of God.
What do we do? We pray, pray, pray. Pray for God to guide us to vote correctly. Pray that America repents of her many sins. No matter who wins, Christians, we are still walking with God. He will never abandon us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 20, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Open the Eyes of Pastors to Your Truths

Sadly, there are Churches where Pastoral leaders are more concerned about social issues than sin issues. Where the lead Pastors tell the Church to vote for those who care more about social injustice then Biblical Issues. Where Pastor have no problem telling the flock to vote for candidates that support freedom of choice, gay marriage, and giving hormone drugs to 8 years old to stop puberty.

This Country is headed towards judgment and sadly there are Pastors of mega and small Churches that are going to be judged by God for supporting Politicians who make laws that make sin legal.

This Country could be given four more years to change or we could see the America go straight into judgment. This all depends on the election results. The best thing we can do is pray and vote.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 19, 2020
Happy Monday,

”Let it Begin With Me”

Jill Jackson
Let there be peace on earth,
and let it begin with me;
let there be peace on earth,
the peace that was meant to be.

With God our creator,
family all are we.
Let us walk with each other
in perfect harmony.*

We have no control over what is happening around us. We cannot even control our family members. We can control our response to others. Just because someone reacts in anger does not mean we have to follow suit. Our problems happen when our response is on a hair-trigger. We are better off being quiet for a moment and taking time for silent prayer.i

When we stop and seek help from God we make it possible for our reaction to come from love and not from anger. In the heat of the moment refuse to give an answer. Say you will respond after you spend some time with God. We have everything to gain when we seek the face of God, instead of reacting in the heat of the moment.

We want our reactions to be pleasing to God. We weaken our testimony when we make a habit of reacting in anger and strife. Let us pray that we learn to react in God’s love toward those around us.
Betty

Son, daughter in law and grandbaby came yesterday. Made the day. The last weeks have been hectic with my broken finger and hubby surgery on his foot. Our daughter and son with their mates have been a great blessing to us.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

I Got This, or Do I?

One of the devil’s tricks is to convince us that we are spiritually prepared. He keeps us too busy to read the Bible and pray and then tells us that we can win the battle against sin in our flesh. We may feel confidant, only to collapse on the floor, tangled up in a sin we were never meant to commit.

God warned us the battle against sin is not a physical battle fault against other people, but the devil and his demons.

Ephesians 6:11-12King James Version11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The devil may use people against us, but the power behind them is the devil. We must prepare ourselves spirituality so that we can stand firm in the truth of God’s Word. Women are given an extra warning to be careful of false teachers. I do not think it is because we are weaker. I have found that as women we are more apt to read books that promise spiritual growth. There are a lot of good books out there that are Bible-based and great. Some books appear to be good but the writer sprinkles just enough truth to trick us and then leads us into false doctrine.

At the first sign, the writer has left the truth of the Gospel, throw the book away. Let us not fill our minds with half-truths and flat out lies from the devil. There is only one Gospel. Contrary to popular belief God has not changed His mind on sin. He has not brought ’white’ witches into the Church to do His work. Run from false Gospel.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Living In A Evil World

1 Peter 5:8-11 8 Be [a]sober, be [b]vigilant; [c]because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But [d]may the God of all grace, who called [e]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [f]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

God has prepared us for living in an evil world. We must be steadfast in our faith, so we are not led astray by false teaching and doctrine. Remember, the devil can make lies seem like truth. Verify every teaching with the Bible. The Bible should be the authority in our lives.

God has not changed His mind on sin. Sin is still sin. Nor, has God added to the Gospel so-called new truths. The Bible is our firm foundation. In His Word, we find the way is salvation and the truths we need to stay faithful to God even in a world where beliefs change with the tides.

When we suffer, remember we are not alone. God is with us and if we seek His Face, He will help us to stand strong even in the strongest storm. Praise His Name amid the storm and we will be strengthened by the grace of God. Knowing that our suffering is temporary and victory will be us through the grace of our Heavenly Father.

Keep your eyes on the prize of eternal life in Heaven, where there will be no temptation nor suffering. Praise God!

Romans 15:13, NASB: "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13, NLT: "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2020
Happy Friday,

Insignificant

Promise #289:
If I look after the sparrows, I will certainly look after you.

Luke 12:6-7 (WEB)
6 “Aren’t five sparrows sold for two assaria coins? Not one of them is forgotten by God.
7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don’t be afraid.
You are of more value than many sparrows.

In the scheme of things, we can begin to feel insignificant. We see others around us, who seem so much more important. Our work for God pales in comparison to others. The devil can cause us to become discouraged and even want to quit.

When we remind ourselves of the wondrous God we serve and the great sacrifice that Jesus made for us, we can be encouraged to work for God. If you are in a dessert a cup of water can be greater than the largest steak. We are not able to see how God can take our little work and brings forth big dividends.

Let us not compare our work to others, but be faithful and do our work for God with a grateful heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Heavenly Father.

We begin each day with a blank page. Of course, we may have plans for the day, but help us to begin the day with praise on our lips to You, Our Heavenly Father. Help us to be thankful for each day. May we seek to honor You with our words and actions. Because of Your mercy and grace, we are indeed a blessed people.

Be with every Christian who is suffering for their faith. Give them courage and peace. Be with all your children raining showers of blessings over them and their families. We long with a deep need to see the rapture happen soon, so we can praise You face to face.
In Jesus’ Name, we pray,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Hurry Up And Wait

Got up at 5 a.m. Yesterday, to be at the VA for the COVID nonsense. Suppose to be in day surgery at 8. They took him to surgery at 2:30.
Very long and nerve-wracking day, by I, have to say God was with us.
Surgery ended up being 2 hours instead of one.

We cannot always control our circumstances, but we can trust God to be with us. In the midst of frustrationng circumstances, God gives us peace. Ronnie got through the surgery just fine. I praise His Name and give Him all the glory.

I pray that God will be with you today and fill your hearts and minds with His peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2020
Happy Monday,

With the struggles going on in the world, we can still find pettiness annoying. Sadly, we Christians we can be just as petty as none Christians. For one thing, we are a creature of habit. We tend to park in the same parking space at Church. We sit on the same seat at Church. Someone gets in our space and we can become annoyed and even angry.

How sad that we would allow such petty things to put us in a state so that our worship does not come from a thankful heart and the Sermon goes over our head. We can keep this from happening by praying on the way to Church that God would give us a loving heart and a mind prepared to hear what God has for us.

It is a goal of the devil to cause us to sin and to be preoccupied when we come to God’s House. We can nip the devil’s plan in the bud by coming to God’s House, with a grateful heart, filled with praises to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Tired and Undone

We have days when we wake up feeling undone. We have no incentive to do anything. We still love God but our heart is not in serving Him and we would rather just go back to bed and pull the covers over our heads.

We have not lost our faith. We are just physically and emotionally tired. We are tempted to hide from God. God sees our situation and He loves us. Just as you see a toddler run into their mother’s arms for comfort, God is calling out for us to run to Him.

Matthew 11:28 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

There are times that we need to rest in God. We need to allow God to renew our strength. To feel us up with His love and mercy. When we are renewed in Christ, then we can be used by God to help restore others in love.

Isaiah 40:31 New King James Version (NKJV)31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,They shall walk and not faint.

Romans 12:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Do not be ashamed or fearful of admitting your weakness to God. He knows us more than we know ourselves. He knows we are frail and weak. He calls us to come to Him for a renewal of our strength. He will never turn us away.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 10, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Ephesians 4:26King James Version26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

In the last four years, we have seen how evil people can be. The President has been under attack since the day of the election. We have seen men and women acting in evil ways to express their displeasure. Unfortunately, this causes us to be angry. I got a three-day ban from Facebook for expressing my anger at Harris for her stand on abortion.

As bad as abortion is, my name-calling was shameful. I should have remembered Ephesians 4:26. Until the election, we will see more anger and if Trump is elected, things will get worse. We must learn to allow God to guide us in our reaction to the hate from the left.

The next couple of months will be stressful, but we can be strong in God. We can pray that God will help us to be angry and sin, not.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2020
Happy Friday,

We all go through hard times. This doesn't mean God has forsaken. Take courage, God is with us. He will never leave us or abandon us. In difficultly rest in God and trust in His promises. Let us encourage one another, spreading hope in God and His love for us. Praying always for each other and our lost loved ones. Do not give up. Our future is secure in the hands of God.
Betty

Hebrews 13:5King James Version5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

We Are The Offspring of God

”Promise #280:
Your life comes from Me because you are My offspring.”

Acts 17:28 (WEB)
‘For in him we live, and move, and have our being.’
As some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his offspring.’

Is there anything better than God calling us His offspring? Offspring of the most high God. When the devil comes to us and tries to make us feel worthless, let us us remind ourselves that God has adopted us His children.

”Colossians 1:15-17 says this about Jesus...
15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things are held together. (WEB)”

We can make this race. We can triumph and finish this race and hear God say ”Well done, my faithful servant ”. There is nothing better than this. Hang in there my friends, the race is almost over and soon we will be entered into the gates of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 6, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Let Go and Let God

Some battles that come are away are too strong for us. Sometimes we just have to stop fighting and turn it over to God. It is not a sign of weakness to admit that we are over our heads. God wants us to give our struggles over to Him.

Matthew 11:28 King James Version28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

In the midst of our battle, we can find rest and peace in the arms of God. We can stop fighting and seek God for a solution to our crisis. He knows the future and He has a plan for us.

Jeremiah 29:11-13King James Version11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

If you are struggling today, remember that you are not alone. Cry out to Jesus and seek His help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Called out of Darkness

John 8:12King James Version12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jesus has called us out of the darkness. The world is filled with temporary pleasures that are surrounded in the darkness of sin. The devil makes sin seem delightful in our eyes. We may even be tempted to stray from the safety of God’s wings to taste a little sin.

My friends, nothing good will ever come out of sin. The devil is not interested in giving you pleasure. His only desire is to tempt us to sin against our Heavenly Father. Playing in the devil's playgrounds will only leave us with scars. The longer we stay in sin, the more our lives will be effective by sin.

Our goal should be to stand as far away from sin as we can. Living to close to sin, will only bring us pain. I pray that we understand the value of our redemption and seek to stay as close to God as we can.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 3, 2020
Happy Saturday,

A New Touch

Isaiah 40:31Living Bible 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Lord Jesus,

Your children are going weary and tired. Some of us have even wondered if you have forgotten Your promise to come and get us and take us to Heaven. We live in a world that people reject those and pity those who trust Your Holy Word and still believe it's truth. We see even young people being physically and emotionally attacked, for standing up for the truth of Your precious Word.

It is easy for us to become dismayed and depressed. Today we come to You, seeking a fresh an anointing of your Holy Spirit. We ask you to clean out the cowbells in our souls that have developed from our neglect of feeding our souls on Your Holy Word. Wash all the negatives out of our mind and fill us with your mighty Holy Spirit.

Teach us again how to walk in Your Spiritual Truths. Help us to stop listening to the lies of the devil and to remember that He is the father of lies. We want to walk in a way that is pleasing to You, but to do so, we need you help daily. We love you and want to serve you with a kind and gentle heart. Teach us, God, how to accomplish this. Forgive us of our sins and make us pure with Your precious Blood.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 2, 2020
Happy Friday,

Limited Vision

1 Corinthians 13:12King James Version12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

For now, we have limited vision. We do not seem the devil’s demons roaming around us, seeking to tempt us. We are not aware of the many times God has changed our plans to protect us from danger.

Now, we have a limited view of Heaven. John tried to describe Heaven, but he did not have the words to describe the glories of Heaven. Our minds cannot imagine the rich, colorful, glories of Heaven.

Today we see evil abound. It is hard to understand why God allows such evil to grow unchecked. What we do not see is that God is allowing the world to spin into the deepness of sin because is the desire of many sinners. The world is being prepared for judgment. We see evil people prosper, but their day of judgment is coming. Our glorious day of Heaven awaits us. Remind ourselves when we feel overwhelmed, that soon will leave all the cares and persecution of this life behind, and meet Jesus in the clouds. Rejoice in this knowledge of what is coming for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 1, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Pray for Wisdom

Colossians 1:9King James Version9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

These days, we need wisdom from God. In some places in America and Europe, it is hard to find a Church where the truth of the Gospel is preached. We may think that false teaching will not affect us, but if we listen every week to false teaching, we will be affected.

We need to hear the truth so that we are able to walk in truth. Cotton candy preaching is not going to prepare us for the world today. Sadly sin is creeping into Churches today and the people are unaware.
I saw a video of a scadly clothed woman pole dancing in front of young children in Sunday School. This is a disgrace. What kind of Church condoms this behavior? This is sin played out in God’s House!

We must seek the Wisdom that God can give us, so that we can flee from Churches that have left the Gospel of Christ, and turned to entertaining the flock. To survive these days we need to be feeding on the meat of the Gospel.

Let us pray daily that God will give us Godly Wisdom and Spirutual understanding of His Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement