Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 28)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 17, 2019
Happy Monday,

Finding Our Way

It seems like we spend half our life discovering who we are and the next half finding our own individual path. Too often we leave God out of this process. We are so much better off when we allow God to form who we are. His guidance will
save us from falling into potholes and sliding down hills into the mud. Yet, maybe God allows us to go our own way so that we can learn. It is still easier for us, to accept the guidance of God, but remember God can turn our mistakes into promise and our mud into diamonds.

We can choose to accept the path God has for us, but when we slip off His path, we ask for forgiveness and help getting back on the right path. As we get older in some ways it is easier to stay on the path that God has chosen for us. Yet, we still are prone to stumble and lose our way. It is the precious love of God, that He has for us, that keeps Him pulling us back from going over the edge. In our times of distress, He wraps His arms around us and gives us comfort.

There are times that we go through, that are confusing to us. We do not understand why we have to struggle so. Sometimes, it is health issues. Sometimes, it is financial issues. Sometimes, we even struggle Spiritually, but we can rest assured that God has not abandoned nor forsaken us. We do not have to understand the reason why God allows disheartening things in our lives. Our job is to trust God through the storms of life.
Betty
Saw a tiny bird at the feeder. Keep looking for those little diamonds of blessings God puts along your path.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
June 16, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

A rainy Father’s Day in Houston. We honor our Father’s, today for their love for us. Just like us, our Father’s are not perfect. They make mistakes, big and small, but they love us and we love them. We cannot expect perfection from our earthly Fathers. They live in a corruptible body just like us. Loving is forgiving each other and loving through the good and bad.

Our Heavenly Father is perfect and has no sin in Him. His love is perfect. In Him we can find comfort and protection. Unlike our human Father’s, God knows us God knows us completely, better then we know ourselves and He knows the future. His plan for us today, is part of His perfect plans for us. We do not always understand why God allows us to travel dark roads, but we can trust that His way is perfect and His reason is perfect.

We can live in hope and peace because we are in the hands of a God who loved us enough to die for our redemption from sin. If we have accepted God as our Savior, then our future in Heaven, is secure. We can leave our fears at the feet of Jesus and walk in the peace of God.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 16, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

A rainy Father’s Day in Houston. We honor our Father’s, today for their love for us. Just like us, our Father’s are not perfect. They make mistakes, big and small, but they love us and we love them. We cannot expect perfection from our earthly Fathers. They live in a corruptible body just like us. Loving is forgiving each other and loving through the good and bad.

Our Heavenly Father is perfect and has no sin in Him. His love is perfect. In Him we can find comfort and protection. Unlike our human Father’s, God knows us and He knows the future. His plan for us today, is part of His perfect plans for us. We do not always understand why God allows us to travel dark roads, but we can trust that His way is perfect and His reason is perfect.

We can live in hope and peace because we are in the hands of a God who loved us enough to die for our redemption from sin. If we have accepted God as our Savior, then our future in Heaven, is secure. We can leave our fears at the feet of Jesus and walk in the peace of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 15, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Family Reunion

There is nothing like spending time with family members, that warms your heart. One day we will have the greatest family reunion ever, in Heaven. Seeing all of our loved ones that have gone on before us. All the great hugs and kisses with those we have missed for so long. The first I want to see is Jesus. To thank Him for dying for my sins. To sit and talk with Him, what joy that will fill our souls.

To walk the streets of gold with the Hero’s of the Old Testament. To have talks with the Disciples. The joy that awaits us, children of God, cannot be measured on this earth, but our hearts still fill with joy in the knowledge of what waits ahead for us. Sometimes it seems that our days are long and there are dark nights that seen endless. Yet, we take comfort that eternity with God, will have no ending.

Keep on trusting and reminding ourselves of the Glories of Heaven that awaits us. We work now, for the glory of God but one day we will be sitting in the Glorious presence of God. Every day is another day that we are closer to Heaven. May God bless you and warm your hearts with His gracious love for you.
Betty

https://youtu.be/uV-rro8dxzo

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Neveea,

Thank you so much. May God bless, you, too.
Betty

--------------------

NeevaCandida
First Post
Member # 15988

Icon 18 posted      Profile for NeevaCandida   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God be with you. [Smile]
Posts: 1 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 14, 2019
Happy Friday,
“Facts of Life”

After all the testing and the biopsy they have decided my confusion and pain issues is what they first thought, inflammation on the brain. One of the medications is high dosages of steroids. In a couple of days I will have a moon shaped, red face. One of the side effects of the steroids. Not so happy about that. Of course I will glad to see the headaches and confusion go away. Like the old theme song to the show Facts of Life. “You take the good, you take, the bad and now you have the facts of life.”

Life is like that. We have to do with good and the bad. Life is not meant to be miserable ride, that we get on at birth and just living till we die. God wants us to be at peace. We find our joy, in living for Jesus. Living in sin will bring misery into our lives and eternity in hell. When we are overtaken by problems, we go to Jesus and seek His guidance and help.

Not only does living for Jesus give us a joyful heart but a promise of eternity in Heaven. Where there will be no sickness, fear, or sorrow. Heaven is not a pipe dream, but a reality for our future. Work the job God has given you. Everything God has for you to do, will not always be understood by others. Friends and family might not always understand.

In this world today standing up for the truth, will often embarrass your friends and family. They would rather you kept your thoughts yourself. It may even become dangerous to speak the truth. This is why we pray for spiritual growth and put on the Armor of God, so that we can speak the truth at all times. It is much better to please God over people. Lies told in love can send people to hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2019
Happy Thursday,

God Looks At The Heart

People look each other different then God looks at people. Some of the most admired people in the world, have hidden sin that would shock most of us.
When the sins of Bill Cosby were made public the world was shocked and many like me did not want to believe it. We watched the Bill Cosby show faithfully and had several of his comedy records.

On the other hand, some people who are the most faithful Christians, work quietly behind the scenes. The world doesn’t even know their name and they do not mind. They know that the most important thing is God knows them. Sadly, sometimes famous Preachers have skeletons in their closet. They look perfect to the world, but God sees their hearts.

As Christians are goals should never to be a people pleaser, it to be a God pleaser. It is nice when someone says you did a good job. There is no harm in that. It is you motivation. Are you working for God or for applause from other people? Let us work our best for God, because we love Him so much.

Remember a God sees the heart. We cannot hide our motivation from Him. Let us work for God until He comes to get us. People will fail you and forsake you, God will do neither.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Finding Our Way In Today’s World

There used to be a time when you moved to a new Town or State, that finding a Church Home was easy. You looked for the denomination that you went to before. Now it is not so easy. A Church in your denomination may not preach the truth of the Gospel. You may find that homosexuality is accepted. There may be gay board members. There may even be a gay Pastor. How can a Pastor preach the truth of the Gospel, when He is not living out the truth of the Gospel?

Sadly, there are Churches today that no longer condemn the killing of babies in the womb. How much further can we can get from the truth then this? Well, they have found ways. Churches that teach that we do not need salvation through Jesus to be saved. Teaching that living a good life will get you to Heaven. The closer to the end we get, sadly more and more Churches are not preaching the true way to Heaven. How many left behind after the rapture will feel secure because their Pastor is still here? How many will accept the anti-Christ because their Pastor will?

Scary times we live, but to the Christian we need not fear. Keep our trust secure in our Heavenly Father. Flee from Pastors and teachers who have traded the truth for the lies of the devil. Comforting lies today can send us to an eternity in the lake of fire. The truth hurts but it can lead us to salvation. We do not need a Church where we feel comfortable in our sins. We need Holy Ghost preaching that sets our hearts afire so that we run to the alters to be set free from sin and to find true salvation in Jesus. Burning consciences can save from an eternity in hell, if we listen to the calling of the Holy Spirit.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

“People Need The Lord”

When that song came out we loved it and sang it a lot. Just like when the song :”What the world needs now, is love, sweet love”. It was sang on every variety show on TV. Unfortunately, the message of both songs has lost their powers. So many people think only the weak need God. They would rather depend on their own strength and lack of a conscience, to push and claw their way to the top. Love is okay as long as it does not interfere with your ambitions.

Even the love of marriage has lost its appeal. To many marry for ambitions then love. It’s how far can get ahead if I marry this person. It helps if the person has the money to finance my path to power and fame. Sadly even in the Church, love for God and mankind has cooled. Even Pastors can become ambitious to the point that numbers are more important then individuals. The people in the seats can care more about getting out of Church in time for the football game then the Sermon.

We need to realize we all need God. No matter how great a person is, salvation is through Jesus Christ alone. Nothing we do on earth will impress God enough to allow us into Heaven, with out salvation through the blood of Jesus. We see the lost of love of people when Congress refused almost 50 times to hear the bill that would force Doctors to save a baby born alive during an abortion. There is coming a day when the elderly will be euthanized to save the Country money. As a whole people have lost their love for God and one another.
Betty

Sleep much better last night.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 10, 2019
Happy Monday,

Another night with barely any sleep. Hubby could not sleep, either and we were grumpy together. Our poor Bertha is exhausted, because we kept her awake. My surgeon will be in tomorrow. There are times that we lie in bed awake and in pain and stress because there seems to be no answers why. In the day time it is easier to have faith, but in the dark of night the devil torments us and adds to our fears and questions. My pain from the surgery has increased. I can barely comb my hair and turning my head to the right brings sharp pain. My confusion was bad yesterday. I had trouble with finding the right words.

Now the sun has come out and I have taken something for the pain and to calm myself down. I remind myself that I am blessed that I can go to sleep and rest, soon and sleep til I wake up. Faith is trusting God when we can see no answers in sight. Now as I look back on yesterday and last night, there was never a time that I felt that God had abandoned me. The answers I needed where out of sight, but I could still feel the presence of the Lord and His loved wrapped around me.

When hope abandons us, let us go to the Rock of our Faith, Jesus. There may be times that we cling to the cross as storms waves and winds shake us to our very being, still we feel secure in our Savior. Our hope and faith increases as we cry out to Jesus. As Paul says we may be shaken, but we are not abandoned. We press on towards the prize of Heaven even when the way is so dark that we cannot see.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 9, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Pastor Apologizes To His Church

I read about a Pastor who apologized to his Church for praying for the President as the President stood on the stage with him. This Pastor did not owe an apology to the Church, but now he owes an apology to God. The Bible tells us to pray for men and women in authority.

1 Timothy 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Instead of apologizing for his prayer, he should have done a sermon on why praying for our leaders is important. This is why so many Pastors have begun to preach cotton candy sermons. When Pastors are more afraid of offending the congregation then preaching the truth they have lost their way.

The Pastor tried to explain to the congregation, praying for the President was not an endorsement of the President. When the the Books of Timothy where written, the Kings of the day where evil and yet God said to pray for them. We are to pray for our President no matter who or she is.
Betty
A squirrel was laying across the bird feeder eating the other day. Some people get upset when squirrels eat at the bird feeders. I like squirrels and birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 8, 2019
Happy Saturday,

It’s 7:30 a.m. in the morning and I have slept very little. I talked to God off and on during the night. Still have a headache, but feel rested. The biggest issue is my typing Is worse then usual. Running a little fever, but that is normal with fibro.

As I lay here on the bed with sleeping hubby and two fur babies. I am reminded of the greatness of our Glorious and Majestic Heavenly Father. My heart yearns for the moment when Jesus calls His children home to Heaven. Just the thought of the soon coming rapture fills my heart with songs. The old Hymn :”What a day that will be!” No more pain, nor sorrow. When we can walk the streets of gold with our Savior by our side. When we can looked into the eyes of our saved departed loved ones again. We cannot even imagine the joy awaits us, in Heaven.

Just the thought of Heaven should lead us to want to please God in this life. To work each day for the Kingdom of God. Each day we pray for God to guide us. To protect us from those who preach a false Gospel. The more we love God the more we want to put Him first in our lives. There is nothing on this earth that compares to the Glories of Heaven. Let us strive to stop being people pleasers and choose to live in a way that is pleasing to God.

Be blessed my friends for the God of Heaven is walking with you daily and will never forsake or leave you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 7, 2019
Happy Friday,

Throughout the World, the Heavens Speak

Psalm 19 King James Version (KJV)
19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

From the beginning of the earth, from Adam and Eve, to the people who walk the earth today, the Heavens have spoken of the existence of God. God did not hide His existence from mankind but shouted it from the sky above.

Psalm 19 King James Version (KJV)
19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

A man named Dawson chose not only to doubt the existence of God but developed the Evolution theory. In His own writings, he declared that the eye ball, could not have been created by accident but must have been created by a higher being. The world chose to embrace his theory not for its superior knowledge but because they did not want to answer to a Heavenly maker, to God. Mankind fell into the same sin as Satan. Mankind wanted to be God, to answer to no one but themselves. “It’s my life and I answer to no one!”

The men and women in the most secluded village in the world look up at the sky and God declares His existence to each heart. No one will go to Hell because they were unaware of the existence of God. They see God in each sunrise and at night when God unfolds His handiwork across the skies.

Today millions of people are on a journey to hell, not because they do not know that God exist, but in their pride that have rejected the God of Heaven. You hear politicians and just every day Joe, say I pray every day, and yet they are against everything God stands for. This is the sin of pride. The self pride of thinking that either they do not need a “god” or that they will worship a “god” of their own making. They want to be a spiritual person but they do not want a “god” that disagrees with their lifestyles. Like Satan they have in their own mind shoved God off of HIS Rightful Throne. They will end up just like Satan, in the eternal lake of fire.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 6, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Biopsy came back negative. That is great news. The bad news the headaches have increased and the pain is worse. On one way it is frustrating not knowing what is going on, yet God knows and I can trust in Him. Many things in this world are frustrating and confusing to us. We can lay aside our confusion in pick up our faith in God. When we lay aside our fears and trust in God, we can live in peace.

It is not necessary to understand everything. It is only necessary to understand that God is in control. Each day, when we walk in trust in God, we can be assured that we are walking on the correct path. As the world grows more and more against those who believe the truth of the Gospel, we must stay strong in our faith, so that we are not easily led astray. Remembering the truth of the Gospel is the same today as when Jesus walked the paths in Jerusalem.

Keep looking it up for our redemption is coming soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 5, 2019
HappyWednesday,

As In The Days of Noah

Matthew 24:36-39 King James Version (KJV)
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

As Christians, we do not have to look far, to see that sin abounds in this world. If we are not careful, we can become discouraged. Peter warned us that scoffers would even question the return of Jesus.

2 Peter 3:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

We see evil abound. We see people who no longer believe Jesus is coming back. The question is what do I believe? What is the health of my faith in God?Has my faith grown cold and weak? Have I allowed my heart to become discouraged and loss of hope?

Matthew 24:43 King James Version (KJV)
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

We can either chose to listen to the lies of the devil or trust in our Heavenly Father. We can live each day trusting in our Blessed Hope or allow the devil to fill our hearts with discouragement. The question becomes: “Do I trust the God of Heaven or the devil, the father of liars? Our trust in God, will stay strong when we ignore the lies of the devil and listen to the voice of truth, the God of the universe.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 4, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Lost In Confusion

As I deal with the confusion in my brain, I am reminded of all the spiritual confusion in the world. While some have chosen to embrace the lies of the devil, there are others who have lost their way due to confusion. “The world has changed so much on what is sin and what isn’t sin, surely God has changed His mind, too? Yet God warned us of this.

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV) 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

God is unchanging. When He told us what sin is, He meant it. He is not going to change His mind to please the people of today. Not only are people confused about what sin is but they are confused about their relationship with God. Some people think that they can sit in a Church that teaches lies from the devil and have a relationship with God. We cannot say that we are a Mormon, but we love God. We must choose the Jesus of the Bible or the Mormon Jesus. They are not the same Jesus. The same goes with Jehovah Witness and Seventh Day Advents.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

We must not attempt to have a relationship with a counterfeit Gospel and the Truth of the Bible. We are too close to the end to try to have one foot in the devil’s Gospel and one foot in the TRUTH.

Not having a good day physically but I know God is with me. I appreciate your prayers. I did manage to feed the birds before the pain got so bad. All of us are suffering in our own way but remember Jesus is coming soon. Let us be grateful for what we have and pray for one another.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 3, 2019
Happy Monday,

God Uses The Obedient

When I look at my blank page each morning, I am perplexed. Why would God want to use me? My failures flash like street lights and fear grows up from a brain that often fails me, yet in His love for me, He finds a way to use me. God could cause a tree to rise up from the ground and speak works of eloquence, that would astound the most educated person. Yet, God chooses to use mankind. Mankind that is born into sin and is filled with the spirit of rebellion. Mankind who is easily led astray and wanders off like sheep with no shepherd.

God chooses mankind, because He loves us so much. God chose to love us while we were yet sinners. He died for mankind when we were sinners and a rebellious people. How sad that so many people have chosen to reject the greatest gift of all, salvation! How many times do you hear someone say: “A loving God would never send anyone to hell!” Hell was not made for mankind but for the devil and his demons. God does not send anyone to hell. People choose to go to Hell. Often in the arrogance and pride they make their choice to spend eternity in hell.

Ray Boltz a wonderful Christian singer, turned his back on God. The first song he recorded after he rebelled against God, was titled: “You Cannot Tell Me, Who To Love. God does allow us to choose who we love. Yet, Ray’s song was written in rebellion and sadly, he will most likely spend eternity in hell. God is not sending Ray to hell. Ray chose hell over God. We choose where we want to spend eternity.

Joshua 24:15 New Living Translation (NLT)
15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

Let us choose to be obedient and loving children of God. Remember loving people speak the truth. Spiritual lies only hurt people. Speak the truth in love and pray for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 2, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Patience in Adversity

Surprisingly my surgery site is still quiet painful. Of course since the biopsy has not come back, they still don’t know what is causing the headaches. I am impatient. We can be inpatient about spiritual matters, also. We want the spiritual growth, without the pain involved in growing. It is the growing pains that give us good and strong spiritual roots. Shallow roots will fail with the slightest wind. Long and strong roots will sustain strong winds and trials.

We will grow in our walk and faith in God if we stay in the Word of God and in prayer. Reminding ourselves that some growth will come with pain and tribulation. God will sustain us through the battles and He will never forsake us.
We take each day as a new day to grow in faith and spiritual growth. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 1, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Words Can Hurt

Fifteen years ago a friend from School over heard me telling my husband that I felt sorry for her. I felt sorry for her because she had a cruel father and a hard life. It was not until last year that I found out that my pity for her, was seen as an insult to her. I found out after her death that those words had stayed with her for 15 years and they were like a thorn in her side. It has broken my heart that my words had added to her pain.

Truth is we do not know how our words will be received by another. Sometimes what we see as words said from a heart that cares, can be seen different from the hearer. This is why we should pray daily that when we speak, we speak in love and that the Holy Spirit can guide us. I have prayed that God will tell my friend that I am sorry that I hurt her. Over the years I have learned some words cannot be taken back.

My friend did not need my pity. She needed me to pray that God would heal her pain from a wounded past. In School, I was too young to know how to help her, as an adult, I mistook pity for caring. Now I know, when we see someone who is suffering and their suffering is out of out control, the best thing we can do is pray for them. Nothing is out of the control of God. God can heal all wounds, even those from the past.

Words can hurt but they can also help. Instead of pity, I should have told her how much I admired her for being so strong in adversity. This is opportunity has passed. Yet we can ask God to help us choose our words with grace. People do not need our pity, they need us praying for God to intercede in their lives.

Today, look for the little diamonds God has placed along your path. Have a grateful and thankful heart and seek ways to encourage one another in the Lord.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 31, 2019
Happy Friday,

How can I be a blessing to others when I feel so miserable? The day after surgery and the worst FIBRO flare ever for me and I am inclined to feel sorry for myself. Then I feel God’s presence and I am reminded then even in the midst of pain, God is with me. How can I not pray for others when God in His love for me, has not forsaken me?

Often it is in the midst of our misery that we feel the closeness of our Heavenly Father. This is the time when we feel His Arms of love surrounding us. What better time to reach out to encourage others, then when God let us feel His love and comfort! God’s mercy for us, should make us more inclined to reach out to others who are suffering. Even if we can only pray for them, our prayers are never ignored by God.

Whatever you are going through, today, take your troubles to God. Tell Him everything. He wants us to feel close enough to Him that we can share everything with Him. His love for you is just as strong through the bad times as the good times. Seek Him through both times.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 30, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Family and Friends

Had the surgery today on my forehead .. I am blessed to be home now in bed. Get results for biopsy, next week. Hoping they find something , that they can fix. I appreciate everyone’s prayers.

God bless each of you and you’re families. Lying down in bed to rest. I had to be at hospital at 4:30 this morning.
Betty

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 29, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

God Provides

Having day surgery tomorrow. A biopsy on a vein on the right side of my head. Yesterday was a whirl wind. From the Doctor’s office to next door for pre-op procedures. The issues with the surgery and the Doctor’s warning about how important it is that I have the surgery, did not sink into late last night.

At 12:30 a.m. my daughter-in-law sent me a Bible verse in an email:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future." Jeremiah 29:11

This verse calmed my fears. I was reminded that God was with me and will be with me tomorrow. Whatever we are facing, we can trust God. Reading the news these days can cause anger and fear. We need to do remind ourselves that while evil is on the rise, God is still on His Throne. Soon God will come and get His Children for our eternal home with Him.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement