Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 26)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 27, 2019
Happy Friday,

The Love of The Creation

I saw the Neurologist, yesterday. He is still convinced that my health issues are caused by inflammation on my brain. Inflammation showed up in my blood test. Going to try Botox, next Friday. When you are ill, Doctors try all kinds of test to find the problem and then all kinds of procedures to fix the problems. Kind of a hit and miss solution.

We live in a world where leaders are perplexed by global warming and crime.
The real solution to the world’s problems, is to seek God’s face, ask forgiveness of our sins, and turn away from sin. Leaders of this world for the most part are filled with pride and will not submit themselves to God. The solutions they recommend are just putting a bandaid on evil that abounds in this earth.

Submitting to the authority of God, would admit that we are a sinful bunch of people. As a whole people admitting their sins is a step that their pride will not allow themselves to take. In my opinion the worst sin is killing babies in the womb. When I hold my 4 month old grand baby, I see the most innocent of us.

Romans 1:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

In an attempt to end pollution, Joe Biden, says we must kill more unborn babies in the womb of poor people. The other solution they think is to get rid of a million people. Yet they are surprised people balk at the idea of given up their weapons. They worship the creation and not the creator. The world cannot fix itself but the Creator of the world, the God who spoke the universe into creation, can fix His Own creation.

Satan, who cannot create anything but chaos, is willing to destroy the people of this earth, in order to get what he has always wanted: to be worshipped. God is the creator, Satan is the destroyer.

Saints, do not fear the times we are living. Jesus warned us of these days. God has not been taken unaware of what is going on. We are living in the last days that Jesus warned us about. If we are saved by the Precious Blood of Christ, we will soon be going to our true home: Heaven. Take your concerns and fears to Jesus and He will give you peace of mind and heart.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thursday
Sept 26, 2019

Focused on the Right Thing

For about a month, there has been hundreds of little beads around my chair. I moved the chair and vacuumed and put a different chair in its place, only to find more little beads all around the different chair. Turns out the beads were not coming from the chair at all, but from a little mini desk that I hold in my lap. All that work needlessly.

We can become focused on the wrong thing spiritually. We can become convinced if we work hard enough, God will love us more. First of all God loves us with a pure love. Unlike people, whose love can change from day to day, God’s love is consistent. Our ticket to Heaven is not based on good works but on the precious blood of Christ.

We do need not attempt to buy our way, to Heaven with good deeds. We do want to work for God, but out of love and not fear. Another way we can become focused on the wrong thing is to compare our works to another. Measuring in our head if we do more then a another Christian. God has a plan for our life and it is not being a copy of someone else.

Sinners often compare their sin with others. They think if they sin less then others, then they will be admitted into Heaven. They do not want to become a Christian, because they would have to change their lifestyle. They want merit to be their ticket to Heaven. In today’s world, people are attempting to rewrite the Bible to reflect their own beliefs. Even some Pastors are saying the Bible should revolve into reflecting today’s standards.

God’s Holy Word, will never change. Sin is still sin. It is not about how bad a sin is. All sin is bad and cannot enter into the Gates of Heaven. We must repent and turn away from sin.

Proverbs 26:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Let us focus on God and not listen to the world’s definition of what sin is. At the end of life, God will be our judge. No man can stand in our place or make a plea for our redemption. We will stand before God and what will matter is if our Name is written in the Book of Life.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 25, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Sleepless in Texas

Was awake still at 6:30 this morning. The doorbell rang at 8 for the city to check the new air conditioner. I must have looked like a zombie, when I opened the door. He was suppose to be here Friday morning. Life’s little surprises, do not always come in gift paper and a bowl. Like a fender bender when the car in front of you unexpectedly stops.

We are not always in control of our circumstances but we can control how we react. Do we embarrass our Lord and Savior, with the words that come out of our mouths? Do we react in anger or in love? Material things are usually replaceable , lives are not. We need not allow our testimony to be cheapened by anger.

When bad things happen, take a moment or two, to seek the face of God. Ask Him to help us behave in a way that is pleasing to Him. May we be a testimony of God’s love and not another excuse for sinners to call Christians; hypocrites. As I get older, the less objects matter to me. My faith and my family is what is important.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 24, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh, means God will provide. God has been providing for mankind since He created Adam and Eve. When God made man, He set him up in a beautiful garden, filled with all kinds of fruit and vegetables. When Adam became lonely, God provided Him with Eve, made from Adam’s rib. When Adam and Eve sinned God provided clothing for them both. God will and does provide.

Psalm 37:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

God took a farmer named Noah and turned him into a carpenter to build an ark. He provided a way for Noah and his family to eat, while Noah built the ark. God also provided for the family to eat during the flood and the time it took for the water to recede.

God provides for His children. Yet, we often worry needlessly. We allow fear to overwhelm us, when God wants us to trust Him. We look at Paul and all he went through in sharing the Gospel to the gentiles. He suffered many trials and tribulations, but we do not see a man who lived in terror. He trusted God and he even though he was killed for his faith, he worshipped God in life and in death.
The second he passed from life to death, his suffering ended and his new life in the presence with God began.

2 Corinthians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Living, provides us a way to work for the Kingdom of God. Young and old, healthy and cripple, we can work for God. We seek God’s face and we willingly give ourselves to God, to use us for His Kingdom. In death, we pass from this life into the very presence of God. God will provide the talents we need to do His Work. Jesus chose 12 men to be His disciples. He chose a variety of people and He equipped 11 of them to be the fathers of Christianity.
Betty

Jehovah Jireh: God provides

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 23, 2019
Happy Monday,

What We Don’t Know and What We Do Know

There is so much talk around throwing out the word impeachment. A first year congresswoman, basically threatening the older Democratic Congressmen, If Trump is not impeached. Another word: collusion is being talked against the President and Joe Biden. All this talk is enough to cause concern for Americans.

Christianity is being threatened in America. The Democratic Party proclaiming themselves the Party for the nonreligious and atheist. The Bible is getting closer to being banned for hate speech, then we ever dreamed possible. Sadly, many Churches have no worries with this because they left the fundamental truths of the Bible, along time ago.

As followers of Christ, what do we know ? We know that persecution of those who believe in the truths of the Gospel, is coming. We know no matter what happens in this Country and America, our soul is secure in the Lord our Savior. While many of us are concerned about the coming election, we need not fear. Whatever happens on this world, our eternity is secure in Jesus. Yes, we should pray for America, but we need not crawl under bed covers and tremble with fear.
God is still in control.

Let us stand firm and strong in our faith in Jesus. If we do this we will not be acceptable to any of the false ‘gospels’ that are seeking to be people friendly. While we are to be loving and kind, God did not call us to people pleasers at the cost of the truth.
Betty

2 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Galatians 1:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 21, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Choices

I was listening to a song about choices, by George Jones. I believe everyone has made bad choices in their life time. I do not know about you but the devil has a playlist of all of my bad choices and failures and plays them for me when I cannot sleep. If we allow him to, he can send us into a depression. What we do when Satan reminds of our sins and failures, we remind him that our sins are forgiven.

The biggest choice a person needs to make is accepting salvation through Jesus. This is a choice we can only make in our lifetime. When sinners stand before God in judgement, no amount of tears and pleading will bring them safety from Hell. Christians will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. Our salvation is secure but we will be judged on our works. Are we working for the praise of men or to honor God? Let us work for God because we love God and not to impress those around us.

Please pray for the people of Winnie, Texas. Almost the whole town is flooded and people are suffering. Pray for those in Houston and surrounding areas, that will have to begin again, to rebuild their homes that have been flooded several times before. May God give them strength and peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 20, 2019
Happy Friday

It is raining again and I cannot help but wonder about those wondering if the water will end up in their homes. Watching the water rise and not knowing when the rain will stop has to be nerve racking. I do not understand how people make it without believing in God. Even when bad things happen, God gives me peace.

As I ramble on, let me tell you about something that is said that really upsets me. People saying I hope the ____ ‘god’ helps me. Watching Master Chief this week one of the finalist said I hope the crock pot god helps me. I yelled at the TV:”there is no crock pot god”. I have hear so many different things used in the blank, from baseball god to golf god.

People who deny the existence of the true God, but half joke that they wish luck from a god of appliances to sports gods, are confused people. The truth is people do not want a God to tell them what to do but a god that will make them win something is just fine. Not realizing that anything won on earth is fleeting. Their focus is on now and they deny that eternity exist.

Sadly some people think that everyone goes to Heaven. Others think death will just be an eternity of peaceful slumber. Some one dies and we see RIP wished for them. It is nice to wish that, but it is not true. When we die, our souls either goes to be with God or to hades. We choose the place we go by whether we accept salvation in our lifetime or not. The time to settle this is now while we still live. This is why praying for the lost is important. Christians let us encourage one another and pray for each other.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 19, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Trust

The storm is hanging on. Water was higher than it has ever been leaving the neighborhood. More rain will mean we are stuck inside. So grateful that there is no water inside. Many people are suffering from flooded cars and homes. Please pray for them. People are literally flooded on the roads leaving Houston. They may have to abandon their cars and be rescued.

I look at this page and wonder where God is taking me. There are times that God takes us down a path that we just do not understand the reasoning of why. God does not tell us why He chooses the path that He chose for us. Yet, we know we are in the hands of a perfect God. His reasons may be even beyond our capabilities of understanding, but if we trust Him, we need not fear.

Trust sounds like such an easy thing to do, but it is not always easy. Some of us have issues, trusting. If we lay ourselves before the Lord and let go of control, God will prove Himself trust worthy. Remember God sees the beginning and the end. For the most part, our eyes are on the present. Trusting God in all things cannot be overstated. We cannot please God if we do not trust Him. Let go of fear and grasp on to the hands of God. Whatever happens, God’s Will is the best.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 18, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Storms of Life

We have a tropical storm hovering over the Houston area. Flooding is very possible. People are living with the uncertainty of what is going to happen. In life we do not realize how much uncertainty we live under. We leave the house and take for granted, we will be coming back. Accidents are unexpected events, but they can change our life for ever. We need not fear what may happen, when we serve God. He is in control. We may suffer loss materially and loss of loved ones, but God will not leave us to suffer alone.

Storms of life. They seem to come from no where. This does not mean we live in fear. We seek protection from God daily. We trust Him to do what is best in our lives. God uses good and bad things to help us grow spiritually. Our job is to be willing to allow God to do a work in us. Be soft enough that God can mold us into His image, but hard enough that we are not blown away by every false ‘gospel’ that comes our way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 17, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Broken Pieces

I went to set my coffee cup down and lost my grip. The cup hit the counter and coffee went everywhere. Needless to say, I was not a happy counter. I seem to be dropping things, more lately and that is a cause of concern. Then I reminded myself that, though I do not understand what is happening to my brain and body, God knows. I did not break the cup, which is good, because it is a gift from my daughter.

There are times that we feel broken spiritually. When the devil attacks us physically, emotionally and spiritually, we can feel like we are broken into pieces. We need to remind ourselves that God specializes in putting broken people back together. If we needed surgery to fix a broken bone, the Doctor would have us put to sleep to fix the bone. He will not allow us to be awake, telling him how to do the surgery. We are often guilty of telling God how to fix us. We want to be fixed, but on our terms. God tells us to get out of His way and allow Him to work.

Surrendering control is harder for some of us. We like to think, we are self reliant, but the truth is, even our breathing is a gift from God. We will be more at peace when we surrender ourselves, completely to the will of God. Sometimes the best thing we can do is let go and allow God to do His work.
Betty

https://youtu.be/7x2IpLSfqp8

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2019
Happy Monday,

Danger?

All the birds will leave the feeder if they hear birds at another bird feeder flying off. There is no danger but one bird can cause the other birds to flee. People can be also affected by one person’s fear. God does not want His children to be fearful. Things going around the world can be fearful if we take our eyes off of God. It is a matter of trust. Who do we trust? Government can fail us. We no longer trust the news completely. God is always trust worthy.

Fear is a tool that the devil is an expert in using. It is tempting to fear that the wrong person will become President. God may allow a President to come into power that is bad for this Country, but it is for a reason. When we trust in God, we need not fear the election. We can see things being prepared for the anti-Christ to come into power. Remember our faith is not in him, but in God.

Our future is not on this world, but in Heaven. When we firmly believe that we can live in peace, knowing our anchor is securely fastened to God. Do not tie your hopes to a person, no matter how righteous they seem. The mighty can fall but God never will. I believe we should watch the news, so that we are informed of what is happening around the world, but do not fear the news, but trust God. Do not put your trust in a person coming in to save the day. This will be the stand the anti-Christ will take when the world is disrupted by the rapture. He will come in as a ‘savior’ to bring peace to the world. The world who reject the true God will embrace the devil as ‘god’.
Betty

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."  ~ Psalm 56:3
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7
“Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4:18
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” ~ Psalm 94:19

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 15, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Ticket to Heaven

Sadly, people for the most part think every ‘good’ person is going to Heaven. If your good out weighs the bad, you are set for Heaven. What they do not understand that even the tinniest amount of evil, cannot exist in Heaven. Every person is born into sin. We can only be righteous in the eyes of God, by the precious blood of Jesus.

People who have committed all kinds of sins will be in Heaven. From the petty thief to the one who commits murder, who have sought salvation in Jesus will be in Heaven. Salvation is not based on our good works but our acceptance of salvation through Jesus.

We live in an age when, if you believe sin is still sin, you are considered a fanatic. The reality is, your Christian stand can cost you a promotion on some jobs, but when you compare a promotion to eternity in hell. It is not worth it. If you are a child of God, you have a ticket to Heaven. Keep our eyes on the prize and live for Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 14, 2019
Happy Saturday,

The Holy Bible

There are many verses in the Bible that encourage us and that is good. The Bible is also the Book that builds our faith. We can stand on the Word of God because the Words of the Bible are true. Our beliefs should not waver, as children of God, we know the truth. It is easy to be tempted to make excuses for why we believe sin is sin. No one wants to hurt others feelings, but it is sinful to deny the truth of the Gospel. We insult our God when we make excuses for sin. Standing firmly for the truth does not mean we hate.

Psalm 119:105 King James Version (KJV)105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

God’s Holy Word is meant to guide us, so we do not find ourselves down a sinful path. We study the Word and then we ask the Holy Spirit to keep us on the right path. In today’s world it is easy to find ourselves led astray by the world’s standards which sadly, are often sinful. If we ask God, He will give us the courage to stand for truth in a sinful world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 13,2019
Happy Friday,

Friday 13, 2019

When my hubby was a teenager he worked at a tiny neighborhood grocery store. He was working on a Friday that was the thirteenth when he mentioned to his boss that he always has bad luck on 13th of a month when it fell on a Friday. After hubby broke a case of pickles, accidentally, his bosses sent him home for the day.

As Christians, we need not fear ‘unlucky’ days. We need not wish for luck when we have to do something to do that is hard. We need not depend on being lucky but seek mercy and favor from God. Everything may not turn out the way we planned, but there is a purpose for everything, when we serve God. God often uses what we see as bad for His purpose. Don’t say “wish me luck” but ask for prayer.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No blog today. I am not feeling well.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2019
Wednesday

A Day of Remembrance

Eighteen years ago September 11th our world changed. I believe this was an awakening call that most ignored. A cry from Heaven, for America to come back to God. Instead America is further from God, now then when it happened.

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV)121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

We can still call out to God. He still answers prayers. We can find salvation for our souls and a key to Heaven if will just surrender ourselves to God. When we do that, God will fill us with His Spirit. The more we read the Bible, the more we will grow spiritually.

As we remember the day our world changed, we need not fear. We can trust God with our souls and our very lives. God will walk with us from the moment we are saved and throughout eternity. God is not a fantasy or a crutch for the weak. He is the creator of all things. Placing our trust in God, is the most secure thing of all.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 10, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Seeking God in a Sinful World

Proverbs 8:17. I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me.

We know evil is increasing by leaps and bounds, but God has not abandoned this world. People around the world are still getting saved. As God’s children, we have not been abandoned. God still hears our prayers. Evil increasing has not taken Jesus by surprise. He warned us how the last days would be.

The Age of Grace is coming to an end. The time to call out to God, is now. Keeping our trust in God is imperative if we are to keep the faith. In a world where sadly, so many Christians are content to attend Churches where the Sermons are meant to tickle the ears of the congregation, the sheep are starving.

Hosea 4:6 New King James Version (NKJV)My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.Because you have rejected knowledge,I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

Just as Israel was punished for rejecting knowledge. Surely, those who no better, but choose Preaching that tickles the ear, will also be judged. This is not the time for cotton candy, but we need the meat of the Gospel. How can we repent of our sins, if our Shepherd refuses to preach about sin? Yes, God loves us, but the Bible tells us to fear God also. As a child, I knew my parents loved me, but I also knew that they would punish me, if I disobeyed them.

Acts 9:31 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Church Prospers
31 Then the [a]churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified.[b] And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”

We wait with hope and anticipation for the trumpet to blow. As we wait, let us be about the Father’s business, ever seeking His face, in these troubling days.
Betty

Another tiny squirrel has been at my feeder. As I deal with my health issue, I am at peace and secure knowing that God is with me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 9, 2019
Happy Monday,

Freedoms Slipping Away

Little by little, Christian freedoms are being taking away from people around the world. Sadly in America, way to many Christians are blind to what is happening. Freedom of speech is slipping away from us and we just go about business as if nothing is happening.

When we hear that a popular conservative is banned from social platforms, we yawn. While Christian morals is becoming hate speech we get caught up with news about the latest celebrity.

Part of the problem is way too many Pastors are staying silent on what is happening. Instead of sounding out an alarm to their congregation, they are preaching feel good messages and ignoring what is happening in the world, today. When you only preach sugar toast, Religion, you are safe from censorship. While feel good messages may satisfy the flock, what is going to happen when persecution comes to America?

By the time, many Christians wake up, we will be living in a world where freedom of speech is tossed out for the “benefit” of “peace”. It will be too late to vote for the rights of the people when the majority of the people wake up. Do not be blind to the fact that the Democratic Party wants to control every aspect of our lives.

Christians need to wake up to the truth and vote for people who are still for what this Nation’s was started on and that was freedom of Religion. If our faith is secure in Christ we need not fear but we do have a responsibility to vote for those who stand for Christian morals. Contrary to Democrats abortion is not a Christian moral. Preachers who are praying God’s blessings on an abortion clinic are in danger of the fires of hell.
Betty

https://youtu.be/4zQWGkfs9Kc

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Outward Appearance

Matthew 23:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mankind caring more about their out side appearance than their souls is nothing new. Jesus chastised the Pharisees who cared more about how people saw them spiritually then what God thought. Appearing righteous while sinful on the inside. Michael Jackson was so obsessed with changing his appearance that rag magazines wrote articles about how his nose was going to fall off.

It is not just celebrities who are obsessed with their looks. I saw a picture of a mother and daughter who spent 96 thousand dollars trying to have a perfect face. Their picture was on the Internet, not because they were beautiful but the surgery made them look grotesque. Sadly the daughter took a job as a stripper to pay for their surgeries. We can become so obsessed with our looks, but like the Pharisees, we ignore the condition of our soul.

From the outside looking in, it appeared that Michael was obsessed by his outside appearance because he was ashamed of his sins. We do not have to be a celebrity to become obsessed with our looks when our soul is dark with sinful desires. We cannot change our sinful ways, but God can and wants to do that for us. We must surrender ourselves to God and seek His healing for sins we cannot control.

Sadly the desires that ruined the life of Michael Jackson is slowly becoming normal. There was a time when society condemned abortion. Women did not talk about it but, now celebrities boast about their abortions. As if it were a rite of passage.

I think it is perfectly normal for us to want to look like our best. It only becomes a problem when we ignore our sins and focus all our attention on looking perfect.
Let us seek God’s help in living a righteous life first and then worry about our outward appearance.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Hope

Our hope does not come from the Government. If we are followers of Jesus our Hope is in God. God is not capable of failure, so our trust is secure in Him. God knows the future so He is prepared for everything. We find the future of this world troubling, but remember our future is in Heaven.

God is with us in this world. We can take our fears to Him and He will hear our cries. Whether our need is finances, physical, or spiritual, we can trust God to provide for us. Do not listen to the devil, who will tell you that your situation is hopeless. He is a liar. Fear not, but trust in God.

Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Let us keep our eyes on Christ and not on worldly desires. God knows our needs and He will provide them. We need not fear the future.

Romans 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

We can be secure when our Hope is in Christ. Take your fears to Jesus and leave them with Him. Ask God for peace and He will give you peace. Our hope is not in man but in the God of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

Runaway Train

Democrats want to provide free abortions for third world Countries. How long will it be, before abortions are forced on women around the globe? They want the population number lowered to a number, that they can control. There is a video of Hillary Clinton joking about sending people who do not agree with her to ‘fun’ camps. These camps are fema camps and they will be anything but fun. These fema camps are to be used during the tribulation to prison those who will not worship the anti-Christ. The Democrats are being used by Satan, to promote the cause of Satan.

The world is rushing into the tribulation like a runaway train. It is only a manner of time before the rapture. This is the time to make sure our relationship with God is where it should be. Are we living to please God or ourselves? No longer should anyone wait till they get older to get right with God. The time is now!

Living for God is a privilege. When we seek Him, we will find Him. Not only can we trust God to provide for us, here on earth but we can trust Him to provide for us throughout eternity. For the present, we suffer through many things, but we are not alone. God is with us through the dark days and nights. If we ask, God will give us peace and calm our minds during these days when Satan is fighting hard against God’s children. Do not give up, but keep your eyes and your trust in the Lord.
Betty

Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

When God is Silent

I am locked out of my watch. I worked on it all day, yesterday and could not find a solution. Have you ever felt locked out of God’s presence? You pray and pray but your prayers seem to hit a ceiling. David often felt that way.

Job: “I cry to you for help and you do not answer me; I stand, and you only look at me.” (Job 30:20)
King David: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.” (Psalm 22:1–2)

David was a man that God said was after His Own heart and yet, David went through times that he felt that God had abandoned him. It is these times that our thirst for the presence of God grows. The stronger our desire, the more we seek Him. When we diligently seek Him, we will find Him. Sometimes we just need some alone time with God.

Jeremiah 29:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

We cannot have a half way relationship, with God. I am sometimes guilty of being so busy that I say a quick prayer at night. It seems throughout the day, God is far from my thoughts. When this becomes a habit, our prayers do seem to fall on deaf ears. Other times, God allows a time of silence to strengthen our faith. It seems odd that our faith can grow when we are in the desert. It is in the desert when we become desperate for God that we seek Him with all our heart.

In the desert our faith grows and as it grows so, does our spiritual health. When we find that we can find God in the desert, then we know for sure that He is always with us. Do we make the effort of reading the Bible? I know I do not read the Bible as much as I should. Knowing that, do I make a effort to change or make excuses for my failures? That is the rub. Knowing our failures and changing are two different things.

As we go about our day let us pray little prayers throughout the day. Praising God for His goodness and praying for ourselves and others. Prayer does not have to be long. It is the content that counts. It is opening your heart to God and sharing your deepest thoughts, knowing your private thoughts are safe in His hands. David was honest with God. He did not try to make himself out to be better then he was. His honest heart pleased God. Let us do the same.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Praising God

I woke up at 5 with a sick tummy but, a song of praise on my lips. How wonderful it is to wake up with a song of praise and go to sleep with a song of praise to our Savior and Lord! Do not wait for your life to be perfect, to have a heart of gratitude for the wonderful things God has done for you. Praise God on a sunny day and when you are walking through the storms of this life. Storms come and go but the Lord’s love for His children is consistent.

Do not be a Christian that wavers with the wind. Do not allow your faith in God to go hot to cold, because of circumstances in your life. Troubles come and go, but our faith in God should be strong and steady. Would you want a mate whose love for you went from hot to cold from day to day? God does not want that either.

Wavering faith can destroy our testimony. Of course we have times of doubt and this is why we pray and go the Word of God. Remember faith comes from hearing the Word of God. Faith is believing in what we cannot see. We will one day see Jesus and be able to touch Him, until then we rely on faith to know Him.

Seek God in the morning, throughout the day, and when you lay your head on your pillow for sleep. Those who seek the Lord, in faith, will find Him;

Matthew 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Proverbs 8:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Betty

Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
34 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 3, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

In My Distress

Psalms 18:6 “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.”

I woke up with my right hip and right leg hurting. My first thought after trying to find a position that did not hurt was to thank God for another day. My hip still hurts but I am rejoicing in God giving me another day. I have no illusion of being a super Christian. I am just grateful that God has blessed hubby and I with another day.

I am still hurting in my leg and now that weird feeling is coming to the right side of my face and head and yet, I can still write of the wonderful blessings God has bestowed on my family. I am indeed blessed to be able to think. God blesses me by allowing me to share my thoughts with others. God blesses me by using me to be a blessing to others. To be useful to God is a wonderful blessing. In my distress, God uses me for His Glory and His Kingdom. What a wonderful blessing to be used by God!

So many tragedies going on around us. Hurricane Doran is taking lives and destroying properties. In Houston there are still people suffering from the damage of Harvey. People living in homes that are barely livable. A boat fire in California of divers that killed so many. A new storm growing in the gulf. We live in a world that is distressed. The world is besieged by tragedy.

LGBT groups are no longer satisfied with spreading their agenda. They want to destroy anyone who disagrees with them. Groups in Universities want Chic-fi-la removed from the campus for donating to pro-family groups. An Actress wants the name and addresses of those who donate to the campaign of President Trump, made public. They want to outlaw preaching on any Scriptures that they disagree with. It is no longer about gay marriage. It is about forcing gay and transgender agenda down the throats of Americans.

Evil is so wide spread that we are no longer shocked to hear of a person or several people walking into a building and killing people they do not even know.
Distress- this world is in distress as evil grows in leaps and bounds. Our President has been attacked since he won the election. An actress came out blaming him for the hurricane. As if it was the first hurricane to make landfall.

Preachers who talk about how the world is getting better and better are a joke even to sinners who can see that we are living in a world where evil is growing.
Distress- fellow Christians,this is the time to trust God and lean on Him for our strength. Evil is growing, but I promise you that God has not lost His abilities. He can and will give His children peace of mind and heart, no matter what is going on around us.
Betty

Hebrews 13:5 New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 2, 2019
Happy Monday,

He Will Meet Our Needs

Philippians 4:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Today, hubby and I paid our bills online. This is a nervous time for us, because we sometimes forget to pay a bill and pay another bill twice. We found it is easier for us to pay bills together. We find life is easier if we walk with God and seek His help instead of trying to do things on our own. There will be no crown in Heaven for doing everything on our own. Self efficiency, often leads to the sin of pride.

Walking with God, builds up our Spiritual strength. Leaning on God, builds up our trust in God and our faith in God. God does provide our needs, physically and spiritually. Do not judge your finances against other Christians. If we have a roof over our head and food to eat, we are blessed.

Today is Labor Day, we are thankful for hubby having a job that provided for us to retire. If you are still working, be thankful for your job and try to find ways to be a blessing to others at work. Seeking to work for God’s Kingdom will provide joy now and in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 1, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

I missed Church because I set the alarm for P.M. and over slept. I am so frustrated. All of us have times that our plans are changed by circumstances. Instead of giving into anger, we are better off relaxing our minds and going with the flow.

Psalm 73:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory

If we ask God , He will guide us through His love. He convicts us of our sins so we can repent. He comforts us in times of stress. One day, He will welcome us into Heaven. He will never leave us. Troubles, everyone has them: Christians and sinners. As God’s children, if we go to God when troubles come, He will sustain us through our troubles and guide us through them.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

A thankful heart is asked and expected of us, God’s children. It is not always easy to give thanks, especially during the hard times. We thank God during the storm, knowing He will see us through the storm. We want to be in God’s Will. We cannot see the end of the road, but we can trust God to walk the road with us.

The closer we get to the rapture, the more important it is to live in peace with fellow Christians. Do not be used by the devil, to sow division among the brethren. Praying for one another. Encouraging one another. Lifting up the discouraged. This is the behavior that God is seeking from His children and let us not fail, Him. Ask God to help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 31, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This disease I have that little by little is destroying my brain, seems to be effecting my knowledge of days. I have to look at my I-phone and watch to know what day of the week it is and the date. It is frustrating, at times. My husband is my support system. He has brain issues from a couple of mild strokes, so we often have to finish each other sentences. We try to keep a sense of human about our situations.

Our hope is in Christ and on Him, do we stand. Our present and our future is in God. We know that God has a plan for us and we are secure in Him. Of course their are days that we are frustrated and fearful. Days that make us wonder if God has forsaken us and then God reminds us that He indeed is in charge of our lives and we can trust Him.

Despite our situations, we are not giving up on life. We want to live for God and be here for our children. God does give us hope, though the light is often dim, we feel assured that there is a reason God has chosen this path for us to walk on. There are times that we are cranky and fussy towards one another, but then we remember our love for one another and we are here for each other, just as God is with us and for us. Our hope is in our Lord and Savior. There is a light pointing us to God and that His Holy and living Word.

I read about a Preacher who said that the Bible is evolving to reflect society. This is the reason the majority of society is going to hell. They want God and His Word not to evolve, but to sink to society’s level of values and lack of morales.

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Society wants God to accept their values and morals, but a God that can moved to cave in to what society wants is God that cannot be trusted. God’s Words are final. What was sin when Jesus taught the Disciples is still sin today. Evolution and abortion has devalued life in the eyes of mankind. Little by little society is finding ways to get rid of nonproductive human beings. Abortion for unwanted babies and euthanasia for disabled and the elderly is becoming acceptable in many Countries and if we get a Democratic President will come here to America. There is no way they can offer universal health care, other then limiting medication for Americans and killing off those they feel are a drain on Medicare.

There is no need to fear. Our trust should be in God and not in man. If we are a child of God, then as the Apostle Paul said: to live God is with us, to die we are with God.
Betty

Romans 8:37-39 English Standard Version (ESV)
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 30, 2019
Happy Friday,

Somewhere Out There

Some people see God as far away from earth. They see Him as a God that is too busy to care about people, as if mankind were only ants in the sight of God. This is so wrong. God knew us before we were born and His eyes were on us as we grew up. When Jesus fulfilled His Mission and went back to Heaven, God sent the third part of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts.

The Holy Spirit is a part of the Godhead. The Holy Spirit is not an it or a thing.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

The Holy Spirit guides us and if we listen to His voice we can avoid sin. The Holy Spirit cares about us, but like the other parts of the God Head, we can sin against the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 63:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
But they rebelled
    and grieved his Holy Spirit;
therefore he turned to be their enemy,
    and himself fought against them.

Acts 5:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land?

Ephesians 4:30 English Standard Version (ESV)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Jesus died for our sins and the Holy Spirit gives us life in God.

Romans 8:2 (ESV)2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

1 Corinthians 12:11 (ESV)11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

The Holy Spirit plays apart in what gifts of the Spirit is given to us. The gifts of the Spirit are for us to use to work for God.

1 Corinthians 12 English Standard Version (ESV)
Spiritual Gifts
12 Now concerning[a] spiritual gifts,[b] brothers,[c] I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. 3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Remembering that the gifts of the Spirit are given unto us to work for the Kingdom of God, let us not be jealous of the gifts of others. We all play an important part in the Kingdom of God. We do our part when we obey the leading of the Holy Spirit. We can lose our way when we begin to forget that the gift that we have, was given to us. God forbid that we take personal pride in our gift. The gifts given to us was not for our own satisfaction nor for us too boast our own personal pride. The gifts were given so that we can work for God. Nor should we covet another person’s gift.

Working for the Kingdom of God is a reward given to us by the Holy Spirit. Remembering that even when we have days that we cannot leave the house, we can still pray for others. Pray that God will use us every day to work for Him and to be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 29, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Hopeless

One of the saddest things is to talk to someone who has lost all hope. It is even sadder to talk to a Christian who has lost all hope. How can a Christian lose hope? They stop trusting God and focus instead on bad things that are happening in the world and in their own personal life. Feeling hopeless is such a sad, SCARY feeling. Keeping our trust in God, despite our circumstances, helps us to stay focused on God.

It can become overwhelming dealing with health issues, especially when your Doctor seems to have given up on you. Remember that God never gives up on us. Job went through hell on earth and yet, his trust in God never wavered.

Job 13:15 Context

12Your remembrances are like unto ashes, your bodies to bodies of clay. 13Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will. 14Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand? 15Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. 16He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him. 17Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears. 18Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified.

Through all his suffering he trusted God. We may suffer, more then it seems we can bear, but our Heavenly Father, will never leave us nor forsake US. In life and in death He will walk with us. God will walk with us through this life and into the Gates of Heaven. There may be times we feel alone, but God is with us, always.

Hopeless! God forbid! Let us stay focused on God and keep our trust in Him, always. These days are just a vapor compared to eternity of joy with God. Let us be honest, there are times we do feel all hope is gone, this is when we remind ourselves that we serve a living God who IS in control. When we remind ourself of the greatness of our Lord and Savior, hope will fill our hearts and minds.
Betty

Revelation 22:20 “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 28, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Me, Myself, and I

We can get so caught up in our own needs, that we are blinded to the suffering going on around us. If we are not careful our prayer life revolves around us and our families. It is great to pray for ourselves and our families and we should, but there is so much suffering in the world and people dying without Christ. Every day we should pray for those who are suffering for their faith in Christ.

We can pray that God will bring to our mind those we should pray for. When He does, stop and pray for them. We do not know how many pray for us each day. Prayer is such a wonderful miracle. God in Heaven hears the prayers of all His children. He hears the prayers of little ones all the way up to the elderly. Our prayers do not need to be elaborate with fancy words. God cares more about prayers that come from our hearts.

Prayers should contain our praises to our Heavenly Father. Even though we suffer now, we should be grateful to God for all the many things He does for us and our families. We can rejoice in our future in Heaven and trust God to give us sustaining grace for each day,
Betty
A tiny squirrel has been at the bird feeder for a couple of days. Even the cat is enjoying watching the squirrel through the window.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 27, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Ignored and Talked Over

It is frustrating to be talking to someone and there face goes blank. You realize they have stopped listening. As human beings we are both victims of this and guilty. It is more frustrating when we are talking to a Doctor. We are trying to explain our symptoms and the Doctor either talks over us or ignores us. We leave the Doctor’s office with the same issues without a solution.

We can count on God never doing this to us. Not only does He listen, but He has the solution. In medicine it is often trial and error. We try A and if that doesn’t work, we try B. We keep trying until we reach a solution or the Doctor gives up. I have a issue where my ribs feel like they are crushing me. I found out what causes this on Facebook. Turns out to be a symptom of Fibro. It is frustrating. I read about an actress who suffered for 5 years before a Doctor found the cause. She said she cried when she found out what was wrong. Tears of relief that there was a cause for all her symptoms.

Luke 8:43 King James Version (KJV)
43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,

The Bible tells us of a woman who suffered for 12 years and no Doctor could find a cure. Her faith an Luke 8:43 King James Version (KJV)
43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,a touch of the hem of Jesus garment brought healing to her body. Jesus knew who touched Him, but He wanted the Disciples to realize that healing flowed through His Body.

We can talk to God and always know that He is listening. Human beings fail us but not God. His mind does not wander when we pray. Keep trusting God and believe His Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 26, 2019
Happy Monday,

Sibling Issues

Ever since Prince William married, the press has been jumping all over themselves trying to find a rift between their wives. They go through every picture looking for signs of jealous between the two ladies. Sibling issues as we see can effect the wives of the siblings. Trouble between siblings started with Cain and Able.

Many believe that because God promised Eve that a redeemer would come through the line of Adam, that Eve was positive it was Cain that would be their savior. People speculate that Cain was spoilt and led to believe that. Can you imagine the shock for Cain when God did not approve his sacrifice. How could God reject the “chosen” one? Eve was wrong. Cain was not the chosen One. When Cain realized that, he became angry and jealous that Abel’s sacrifice was acceptable and not his! Jesus did come through the line of David but thousands of years later.

The mother of James and John wanted Jesus to promise her that her boys would sit on each side of Jesus when Jesus was on His throne. We shake our heads, but mothers of today, can get carried away defending their own children.
Esau and Jacob had a rocky relationship. As Christians we can become jealous of other Christians. From talents to how long someone lives can be a thorn of contention.

We can easily be led by the devil to question God about what happens to us compared to other Christians. Just as we feel sometimes that mama loves the other sibling better, we can also be guilty of thinking that God loves other Christians better. Remember even Peter was upset when Jesus told Peter, how he would die. Peter wanted to know what would happen to John. Peter was not blind that Jesus was protective of John. John may have died peacefully, but the Romans attempted to kill him three times with torture.

As Christians we should love one another just as Jesus loves us. He died for all and not just one. God has given us different talents and responsibilities. Do not compare ourselves to others but worship God through the talents that God has given us. Do not try to be someone else, but be the best you, for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 25, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Questions

Not every question that we have, will be answered on this earth. Sometimes, time allows you to understand why, other times we have to wait until we get to Heaven. It is important to trust God, even when we are not giving the answer. God Loves us, but that does not mean that He has to explain everything to us.

Some answers we can find in the Bible. Reading God’s Word will comfort us even if our questions are not always answered. It is hard for us to have faith sometimes. We struggle with things we are going through. We just do not understand why God who loves us would let us suffer so much. Physical issues can be physically and emotionally trying. We can relax when we give ourselves over to the Will of God.

As we begin a new week, let us worry less about why God allows things in our lives and trust God more. The issues we face will soon be a distant memory and we will share an eternity of joy with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 24, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Heart Knowledge

The Bible makes it clear that we can have a head knowledge of God and not a heart knowledge. A head knowledge can not get us into Heaven. When we were living in Washington State we watched a series on Discovery on the Bible. One of the experts, a lady that had studied the Bible for over 30 years and was considered an expert was used as an expert of the Word of God. Yet she admitted that she did not believed the Bible was anymore then a book of fairy tales. She knew the Book well, but did not know the writer. This was a choice she had made. She had chosen to close her heart to God while filling her mind with head knowledge.

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As sad as it is for the Theologian to go to hell, there are people who are Preachers and Bible teachers who do not have a relationship with God. To them the Ministry is not about serving God but about a job. I heard a person on TV say when asked why he was a Preacher but an unbeliever, that Preaching was all he knew how to do. Sadly he was being interview from prison where he was serving a life term for killing his wife to be with another woman.

How heartbreaking for a person to Preach and Teach the word of God every week and yet the Holy Words they spoke never reached their own hearts! The joy of having a heart knowledge of God is so special that it is beyond my capacity to understand why anyone would be content with only a head knowledge of God. The Holy Spirit has made salvation so simple that as a 7 year old girl, I was able to understand that Jesus died to save me. There is no excuse for those who have chosen to accept only a head knowledge of God and choosing to reject a heart knowledge of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 23, 2019
Happy Friday,

Faith

Faith is like a human organ, it must be exercised to grow. Faith that is never used will die. It is not uncommon for people to say they have no faith. Yet, we have faith that when you turn the key the car will come on. What does Jesus say about faith?

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

God gives us the problem and the solution. We want more faith, diligently seek God. Faith is not a bargaining tool. “You do this for me and I will trust, You, God”
“ Give me this! and I will trust you.”

Romans 10:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The more we read the Bible, the more our faith will grow. God will not always say yes. Not everyone will get healed on earth. We are to pray for healing and trust God to heal, but our faith should not end if God desires to heal us in Heaven. Sometimes we have finished our Mission on earth and God takes us Home to Heaven. Remember for a Christian, death is not usually a punishment.

1 John 5:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

When a Christian is so stubborn that He becomes a hindrance to the cause of Christ, God may take him to Heaven early. But, for most children of God, death is a blessing to be with God for eternity. We always pray for healing for ourselves and others and we have an attitude that says “They will be done”.

We live in times where evil abounds. It is easy for our faith to waver. God warned us of these last days. He warned us of Christians being led astray by Satan. These are the days to examine everything that “Christians” say with the Bible. If their word is different from the Bible, they are false preachers. Run from them. Listen only to the truth of the Gospel.

Physically and mentally, not at my best today. Yet through the confusion and through the pain I can feel God’s love for me. Remember having perfect health, wealth, and political power does not mean that God approves of you. In fact too often people have sold their soul to have power and wealth. Remember if you live to be a 100, it is not worth an eternity in hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 22, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Praying For One Another

Last night the Pastor asked the ladies around me to lay their hands on me and pray. There is a sweetness that occurs when fellow Christians lay their hands on another in prayer. I believe in healing. Whether God heals me on this earth or in Heaven, nothing can take away the sweetness of having fellow Christians care enough about me to pray for me. Feeling the love of others is an encouragement to the suffering.

As Christians we should look for ways to encourage each other. Everybody has issues. Christians are living in dark times. Praying for one another is not only encouraging but a plus for us in this dark world. Of course we know God hears our own prayers , but there is a special blessings when we pray for one another.

We have talked about Christians who have denied Christ, publicly. One would think that one who has worked in the public arena, who has lost their faith would do so privately and in shame. Instead, they seem to take pride in their falling way from Christ. They announce their fall from Christ as a badge of honor. Announcing that they no belong to God but speak pridefully, that they no longer need God.

Lots of Christians have times of doubt, but we are embarrassed and seek prayer from only those we can trust. It is very dangerous to turn from God, but to do so with pride is more scary than I can find words to explain the danger their souls are in. Why is this happening? On reason is the evil that is abound in this world. The other reason is self pride. Maybe they took so much pride in their talents that they forgot that God gave them the talent. Denying God in their lives, they are saying I am great without God.

Let us remember to stay humble and give God credit for any work He does through us. Those who are filled with self pride will take a mighty fall. God will not continue to use someone who denies the work done by God in their lives, but takes all the credit for themselves.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 21, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Sing to Me A New Song

Psalm 96:1 King James Version (KJV)
96 O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth.

We can sing to God a new song when we just sing words from our hearts. God will not be listening to see if our song rhymes or even goes to music at all. It is about opening our hearts to Jesus. Honest words sung out to our Heavenly Father. Sometimes this is the only way we can share with God our deep despair and our feelings that no one but God will understand. This sharing of our needs and feelings with God will draw us closer to God in a brand new way and our relationship with God will grow deeper.

When we open our hearts to God, He will replace our despair with joy. “Joy unspeakable” as the old hymn says. We need not fear rejection or criticism when we open ourselves to God. God wants a honest relationship with us. We cannot hide anything from God, so let us share openly with God and seek His help and guidance.
Betty

Psalm 40:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 20, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Yesterday did not start out well. I cooked myself potatoes, peppers and onions for breakfast. I did not find them until two hours later. I had sat them in the basket of a deep fryer that was turned off to stay warm. It seemed everything went wrong, but the evening was a pleasant evening, the morning forgotten. I tried to remind myself that these things will happen,but not to lose my hope in God. I did feel comforting peace from God. My hubby and my kids encouraged me.

This morning I got up to let the dog and back in. My stomach is in knots and I am back in bed. Today I feel at peace. Yesterday was a day to remind me God is always with us. In all things we can trust God. I am getting sleepy and may take a morning nap. I am learning to rest when I need to rest. Also to talk to God more through out the day.

We can learn to trust God in uncomfortable and bad circumstance. God wants us to trust Him in all things. Just as we see things happening in the world that can kill our peace, we can be encouraged when we remind ourselves that we are on the winning side. We can lay aside our fear when we trust God.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Yesterday I sang praises to God in my head and little by little I felt God’s grace surrounding me. Today, I read about a Methodist College hiring a Muslim Chaplin. This is disturbing. The Bible says that you cannot serve two masters. This college has laid aside the truth of the Bible to be political correct. We are seeing Churches, Church Schools, and Christian singers, laying aside the truth to politically correct. Setting aside the truth of the Gospel to impress others. What a shame! God never called us to join hands with other Religions. Our trust and our heart should be only for the one true God, our Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. These who are turning away from God to be PC, are in danger of an eternity in hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 19, 2019
Happy Monday,

Mockers and Scoffers

2 Peter 3:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

It is not uncommon to find sinners laughing about Jesus coming back. They do not want to lay aside their sins so the thought of Jesus coming back to judge this world is hard for them. They find it much better to scoff and laugh at the notion that Jesus is coming back. To them it is a joke, but the reality Jesus is coming back and He will judge sinners.

For us Christians, Jesus coming back for us, is our blessed hope. We rejoice at the thought of the rapture. It is so much more then leaving the miseries of this world but the thought of being with our Lord and Savior for eternity. It is more of running to Jesus, then running from the world of sin.

Jude 17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Sinners have chosen sin over God. They have chosen their fate. It breaks our heart knowing people we love and care about are going to spend eternity in hell, but they chose not to listen to the truth. They find the truth of God’s Word, offensive. We can continue to and should, pray for sinners. As long as they are breathing they have a chance to repent.

Luke 5:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 15:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

2 Corinthians 7:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Grieve not when others make fun of your faith, but rejoice in the knowledge that your name is written in the book of life. Look forward with great anticipation knowing that you will be spending eternity with the God of the universe. Our time is short and our time of suffering is short.

Titus 2:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1 Peter 1:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 18,2019
Blessed Sunday,

Trusting God in the Storms

Friday, they used a local when they put the needles in the back of my head. Last night the local had completely worn off and I was hurting to much to sleep. I woke up hurting this morning and went back to sleep. To top it off I was dealing with other issues. We all have times like this. Yet, if we are close to God, the devil cannot cause us to question God. Instead we are inclined to go to God first and not last. When we reach the point that our first inclination is to cry out to God, we are more secure.

I am not saying I have arrived. None of us will be perfect until we enter the gates of Heaven, but we are better off if we make a habit of trusting God. When we are at a low point, God is our answer. The devil will tempt us to questions God about why He is allowing us to suffer. Trust is when we go to God in the midst of our storm and lean on Him with out asking why.

There will be times that we do question why God has allowed us to suffer. God can take our questions. He will not turn against us, but remember it is better to trust God in all things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 17,2|019
Happy Saturday,

Not feeling well this morning. Going to stay in bed for awhile. I was prepared for this, so not discouraged. In my weakness, God will make me strong. It is okay to admit we need rest. We need to rest our bodies, just as we rest our souls.
The procedure was quite painful, but I got through it.

There are spiritual valleys that are painful, but God will see us through them. We will come out of them spiritually stronger. Do not run from spiritual struggles, but run to God. We can find peace in the arms of God, even through the valley, He walks with us. He will never leave us!

Build your hope in Jesus and walk in the path He chooses for you. He will never lead us astray live for Jesus. Glorify His Name. Sing His praises in the midst of a storm
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2019
Happy Friday,

Fearing the Unknown

Having a procedure on the back of my head with a local. I am little nervous. It is okay to be nervous, because my trust is in God. Whatever happens I am in His hands. We all have things that make us nervous. Sometimes it is a warning from God not to go down a certain. Other times it is just a normal human reaction to stress in our lives.

Knowing God is with us will calm our nerves and help us to relax. We must put our trust in God and not fear. We often wish that God would tell us what is going to happen, but that is not trusting in God. Not knowing what is going to happen and still trusting God will bring peace.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 15, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Deaf, Dumb, and Blind

Jesus healed the deaf, dumb and blind when he walk this earth in a human body. Today the world is filled with people who are dead, dumb,and blind to the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. The devil has done this to them, but they also have to bare their own responsibility. For they have chosen to allow the devil to close their ears so they do not hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. They refuse to open their eyes to the truth of God’s Holy Word. They cannot speak the truth that they refuse to hear.

So many sins are politically correct that people choose to be blinded to the truth. Maybe they start out with just a little sin and a little belief in PC, but soon their heart is blackened by sin. Little by little they are blinded to the truth and allow the devil to corrupt their morales. One day they awaken to a heart and ears that can no longer see the truth. They have chosen sin over the teaching of God. They blame others for their problems. When they stand at the White Throne of judgement, they will accept no blame for their sins, but make excuses and blame everyone else.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 14,2019
Happy Wednesday,

I Do Not Feel Like Praising God

We all have days when the last thing on our mind is praising God. Instead we would like to murmur and complain. Maybe it is one too many days of pain. Maybe it seems like it taking God far too long to get us a job that we have prayed so much far. There are many things that can wear us down. We feel like a tree that has been shredded down to a toothpick.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

During this bad times we do not feel like praising God. We may even feel like giving God a piece of our mind, that is not pretty. This is the time to stop speaking and remind ourselves of all the times God has blessed us. We wonder why the God who healed us in the past seems to be deaf to our suffering. There are times when the Doctor cannot figure out the cause for our pain that he or she gives up on us. Then we feel like God has given up on us too! The difference is God does know what is wrong with us physically. Why does He not heal us? Physical illness can be a time of spiritual healing and spiritual growth.

We are to trust God in all things. These periods of problems can be used as a teaching tool to help us grow in adversity. When we accept His will in all things, we are learning to please God during our personal storms. If we trust God in these times, our faith will grow. Our trust grows as we praise God in our suffering.
Hang on to God’s hands during the storm and praise His Name in all things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 13, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

What If I Say The Wrong Thing

Luke 12:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

I can’t talk to people about God. What if I say the wrong thing? I can’t write about God. I would not know what to write. I am living testimony that God will give you the words. Your words may come out jumbled and you may even be embarrassed, yet cannot God take our feeble words and use them for His Glory?

Can we not share Scripture on Facebook? How many times do we share political post? Then compared them to how many Scriptures and post about Jesus do we share? If you are like me, you are filled with shame.

This blog is not about shame. It is about reminding ourselves that God will give us the courage to share a Gospel post, if we ask Him. When the time comes for us to speak truth in a situation, God will give you the Words to say if we have a relationship with Him. When a situating comes up, pray in your heart for the right words to say and God will hear your prayer and He will answer you.

Bare in mind, that there will be times that God will silent us. It could be that the person has a reprobate mind and God will not call you to speak to them. Our job is not to decided who has a reprobate but to seek God’s will. Pray for that person even if you are not given words to speak. Let us be obedient to hear the Will of God and to act on it.
Betty

2 Timothy 2:20-22 King James Version (KJV)
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 12, 2019
Happy Monday,

Your Faith in God is A Precious Gem

Another well known Christian, has announced that he has abandoned his faith in God. What does God say about those who knew God personally and then chose to walk away?

2 Peter 2:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Those who have known salvation in Christ, but abandons their faith in God, will be overcome by sin worse than they had before. They have forsaken their salvation which is a precious jewel, for the affairs of the world, which are only shiny paper and will lead them to an eternity in hell. For God in His anger against them, will turn them, over to a reprobate mind.

Why will God be so harsh in this matter? When someone who has walked with God and seen miracles in their own life choose to turn their back on the salvation paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ, are worse off than those who never knew God. They have forsaken God, and have no excuse for they have know the love of God and yet they have chosen the sins and admiration of the world.

The Bible has warned us of a great apostasy in the last day. We are seeing Preachers, and Church leaders fall like leaves from the trees in the fall. What do we do? We keep our faith strong in God by prayer and reading God’s Word. We remind ourselves that there is nothing that this world has that is worth going to hell for.
We look forward with great anticipation in our eternity in Heaven.
Betty
Still enjoying the birds at my feeder.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 11, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Joyful Heart

“ Happiness is a grateful spirit, an optimistic attitude, and a heart full of love.”

We can choose to be grateful. When we are grateful for something that someone gives or does for us, we make them and ourselves happy. Ungrateful people embarrass themselves and their parents.

When we read the last Book of the Bible, we will have an optimistic attitude. God has shown us in His Word, that the end of the age of grace will be the beginning of our eternity in Heaven. We have every reason to be optimistic.

When we remind ourselves of the great sacrifice God gave us so that we can spend eternity with Him, our hearts should be overwhelm with a grateful spirit,
an optimistic spirit, and a heart full of love. What more do we need! When we have all that, then we have all that we need, to live in the joy of the Lord. Looking upward to Heaven, as we wait for the coming rapture.
Betty
Tiny birds today and the female cardinal.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 10, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Justice

Jeffrey Epstein committed ‘suicide’. I am sure he knew he would never live to tell names of the top clients. Do not get me wrong, Jeffrey will face God for what he did and so will his clients. God will get His revenge.

People can choose to accept Jesus for forgiveness. When they do, their sins are covered by the blood of His Blood. Their souls become white as snow. Some Christians worry that they will be judged in Heaven for past sins. Do not worry about this. If you ask for forgiveness, you are forgiven.

Sinners can find forgiveness now or go to Hell, later. Christians let us forgive those who were once sinners and are now Christians. It is not our place to decide who will become a Christian and who will not. Heaven will be filled with people who we did not believe would be there, also there will be people missing from Heaven that we thought where Christians. Let us concentrate on our soul and our spiritual growth. Let God be the judge.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 9, 2019
Happy Friday,

Dependence

Today the owner is getting the air conditioner replaced. Thankfully it is only 87 degrees outside and 77 inside. In Texas, air conditioning is considered a necessity to life. Yet, I grew up in 50’s and sixties without air conditioning. The Schools were not air conditioning, the buses were not and neither were the Churches and our homes. In Church we had electric fans and paper fans. In our home we had an attic fan.

The modern world does not know how good we have it. The water goes off for ten minutes and we whine. Yet in the 3rd world there is no running water in many homes. We complain if we have the same food two days in a row and in this world some people would be happy to have a good meal two days in the world. Let us face it, we are spoiled.

What if we craved spiritual food like we do pizza, Mexican food, and burgers? What if going to Church was important to us, as seeing the latest movie? Are we not growing in God, because we do not want to? While getting to Heaven is the greatest thing ever, do we really want to get in by the skin of our teeth as the saying goes. There are some like me, who some Sundays we are too sick to make it to Church. Then we can watch a Preacher on TV or on line, but verify what they say, with the Bible. There are many false teachers out there. Having a Church home is great. Having a Church family that prays for us and with us is great.

We can all be lazy, me included, but let us not be lazy about our soul. Let us not be one who gives thought to reading God’s Word, but never does. May our prayer life not consist of only a quick prayer before we go to sleep. Let us live out our spiritual life in the world and not just in Church. Let the Bible determine our morals and not the popular view of the world. Today’s morals will send you to hell. Live for God and seek His Will.
Betty

Bird feed has at least four birds eating. Thank you, Jesus for lifting my spirit.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 8, 2010
Happy Thursday,

Wash That Gray Right Out Of My Hair

I wish I could wash my cares away with a shampoo. God never promised us a carefree life. There are days that we can carry our load with a smile. There are also days that are cares and worries over whelms us. This is when we cry out to God for help. God never told us to walk our path alone. It is not about proving how strong we are. It is about trusting in the strength of God

The more we learn to trust God, the stronger our faith will be. Strong faith does not make us super people. Strong faith makes us lean on God, more. Every day let us remember to take our cares to God, no matter how small.

Fixing to leave to see the Neurologist. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement