Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names / Christian Search Engine

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 19, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Struggles

This has been a rough week. Last weekend I took a fall and hurt my hand and arm. My hand is in a cast type splint. We spent yesterday at the VA clinic and then the local ER. Hubby has broken his foot and his foot is in a cast type splint. His foot is covered with blood blisters which we could not get the ER Doctor to address. Hubby sees a podiatrist next week. We are both still lying in bed exhausted.

The reality is, we will have struggles in this life. There will be times that situations do exhaust us, but we are not alone. God will not abandon us. In times like these God brings comfort. God is so good to His children and His love for us is eternal.

My daughter-in-law is taking care of a one-year-old and a sick hubby. Yet, she was so kind to drop off a goody bag with get a well balloon with puzzles and a word find book to give us something fun to do while we are laid up.

Even while struggling God encourages us with good family and His love. Let us not, grow weary in times of suffering but encourage ourselves in the Lord. Whatever struggle you are going through, do not give up, but cling to our Master's hand. He will see us through to a new day. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3893 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 17, 2020
Happy Thursday,

”Come Unto Me”

Matthew 11:28-30128 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Do we suffer more, because we do not come to Jesus for help? Do we allow sell pride to keep us from admitting to God that we are struggling? There is no crown for trying to live without seeking God for our needs. We are to live a Christ-like life. How do we do this if we do not depend upon Christ?

James 4:2
You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.

We short change ourselves, when we refuse to seek God’s help. Let us seek the face of God, not just for physical needs, but let us seek Him for our spiritual needs. What do we do when do not what our spiritual needs are? We pray every day for God to equips us spiritually to do the work for Him and His Kindgom.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3893 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Be Still

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Many of us have trouble, being still in the presence of God. We are like Martha, finding ourselves moving around, even if it is just moving mentally. We want to fill every quiet moment with words. It is like silence scares us.

God wants us to stop and listen to His voice. To calm the voices in our head and listen for His voice. This is hard for me. Sometimes singing praises to God in our mind will quieten the thoughts that bombbart us mentally. Even if we have to stop and start over with our prayers, it is okay. God is gracious and kind with His children.

Do not give up. Keep talking to God and listening to Him. Do not allow the devil to cause you to quit. Try praying more often with shorter prayers. God knows our hearts and He understands our limitations.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

God bless you, Preacha. I was shy as a child, too. Hang in there and God will continue to use you, for His glory.
Betty

--------------------

Preacha24-7
Advanced Member
Member # 16081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preacha24-7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty I hope you and your family are doing ok. In spite of the Corona Virus my heart is filled with joy. I am a young preacher(Evangelist). I am in awe of how majestic and how wonderful God is. It wasn’t for his Grace and Mercy we would all be in hell right now. I was the shy kid growing up and school was very hard for me. I am not that scared little boy anymore. I just got my preaching license 4 years ago. I volunteered at the Homeless shelter for 3 years. I preached and Taught the Word of God to people who were trying to overcome their addiction to Drugs and Alcohol. I would always tell them that God loves them and don’t let your past define who you are. My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11-12. Please pray for me as I wait for the Corona Virus to be over so I can go back to church and pursue more opportunities for ministry. Thank you and God bless.
Posts: 43 | From: Knoxville,TN | Registered: Jun 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 15, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Rest In The Lord

”Promise #246:
You can rest in My love, for I have power to save you.

Zephaniah 3:17 (WEB)
Yahweh, your God, is in the midst of you, a mighty one who will save. 
He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. 
He will rejoice over you with singing.”1

Our Heavenly Father knows that we grow weary and tired. This is why He invites us to rest in His love. There is no condemnation, but our God who calls us to come and rest in His love. We need not feel ashamed when we grow tired physically or emotionally. God wants us to be honest with Him. Call out to God when you feel overwhelmed. Seek His peace when your heart is troubled. You will find grace, strength, and peace in the arms of our loving God.

Let us pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Pray that God will guide them in their spiritual journey. Pray that they do not become weary in their work for Christ.

Galatians 6:9King James Version9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

May God give us the strength and patience to finish this race with dignity and courage. May His love envelop us and protect us from the fiery arrows of the devil and his demons.
Betty

1 Daily Promises.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

IT IS NO SECRET
Verses 1]
The chimes of time ring out the news
Another day is through
Someone slipped and fell
Was that someone you?

You may have longed for added strength
Your courage to renew
Do not be disheartened
For I have news for you

[Chorus]
It is no secret what God can do
What He's done for others, He'll do for you
With arms wide open, He'll pardon you
It is no secret what God can do

[Verses 2]
There is no night for in His light
You'll never walk alone
Always feel at home
Wherever you may go

There is no power can conquer you
While God is on your side
Take Him at His promise
Don't run away and hide

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 13, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Our Way

Isaiah 30:21 (WEB)
and when you turn to the right hand,
and when you turn to the left, 
your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.”

Finding our way in life, these days can be hard. It is to go left, when we should be going right. We might even finding ourselves, wanting to just stop moving at all. We can be overcome by stress, pain, and despair.
Yet if we quieten our selves, we can hear the Sweet Holy Spirit, encouraging us onward.

God has not abandoned us. He is our greatest cheerleader. He reminds us that this race is almost over. We are on the road to victory. Putting our trust in God and standing steadfast we will cross the finish line into victory.

We need to stop obsessing about our present troubles but keep our eyes our Lord and King, Jesus. Victory and our rewards are just ahead, if we remind ourselves to keep our trust in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2020
Happy Friday

3 John 1:2

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

This verse used to make me fret and worry. I often worried that my soul was not in good health and this verse would cause me to be physically weak and poor. I was looking at this Scripture wrong. This verse is not a punishment. Paul is encouraging us to spend as much time taking care of our souls as we do our bodies.

What does it profit mankind to spend hours and hours and lots of money to have a great body? When we die, we leave this body behind. When we face God, a great physic will not get us into Heaven. It is okay to take care of our health, but not to become so obsessed that we make our bodies our God.

Let us take care of our souls first and foremost. Our relationship with God determines our eternity and not our physical bodies. Let us pray for a strong and healthy relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 10, 2020
Happy Thursday,

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY

Ephesians 6:16-18King James Version 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

We can be guilty of talking too much, but we can never be guilty of praying too much. Pray for ourselves, our friends and families, and lost souls. Pray and let God know the feelings from our hearts. Lay our needs before the feet of Jesus.

Praise God with our prayers. Express our gratitude for the many things He has done for us. Praise Him for His greatness. Praise Him for the eternal home that awaits us. Every day, may we keep our communication with our Heavenly Father, a regular thing. Knowing that because He loves us, He wants to hear from us every day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 9, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Blessed is the Man Who Does Not Give Into Evil

As we look around the world today we see evil prosper and righteousness ridiculed. We can see this and be discouraged. Evil is having it's run and watching the news, we become aware of just how much evil has grown in the last few years.

My friends do not become discouraged when you see evil people getting rich and you are struggling. This is not our home not is it the day of righteousness. Jesus said the last days would be evil. The reward of a just man will be given in Heaven and not on this earth. We do our work for God, for our rewards in Heaven and not to please mankind on earth.

Lay asides the sin of envy. Reminding yourself, that those who are prospering by iniquity, will never see the inside of Heaven. The rewards and aclmays they receive today will turn to ashes in the lake of fire.
Betty

Psalm 1King James Version

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 8, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

”Come to Me, In Faith”

Hebrews 11:6New King James Version 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

We must come to God with a heart of faith. All of mankind is giving a portion of faith. The more we reject God, the weaker our faith grows. Each time a person rejects God, their faith weakens and their hearts grow harder until we can no longer hear the call of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 17:King James Version5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

We can pray for God to increase our faith, a Disciple of the Lord, did. The more times we choose to trust God, the more our faith will grow. Just like a muscle, faith grows with usage.

James 1:8 Living Bible7-8 and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don’t ask with faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer.

Do not be double-minded, but trust completely in our Lord and Savior.
We can get in trouble when we pray without trusting that God will answer. God will answer. He may say: yes, later or no, but He will answer. We must trust in Him even when His answer is not what we want to hear.

God sees the future and there is a reason why sometimes His answer is not yes. We must trust Him to know what is best for our lives. Just as our faith must be strong and steady, so must our love for God. Let us be joyful in the Lord, at whatever stage we are in our lives. Every age has it's challenges from birth to death, but God is with us always.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 7, 2020
Happy Monday,

Finding Peace

It is hard today to find peace. So many different Countries are at odds with each other and other Countries, that are odds with America are coming together. We can see the storm clouds gathering and if we are not careful, we take our eyes off God and focus on everything around us.

Matthew 10:31King James Version31 Fear ye not, therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Nowhere in the Bible does God tell His children to gather so that they can tremble in fear together. He tells us not to fear. Nothing that is happening today is taking God by surprise. God knows all and because He does, we can trust Him to see us through to the end. God sees the big picture and we only see the past and present. Even with the present, we are not privileged to all that is going on.

I read yesterday that Venezuela is having a great Revival and souls are being saved. While it is heartbreaking to know that the people of Venezuela are suffering, it is a great joy knowing so many are coming into the Kingdom of God. This is why we must trust that God has His reasons for everything that He allows to Happen. May God help us to find peace today in His arms.
Betty

--------------------

SeekingAbsoluteTruth
First Post
Member # 16055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SeekingAbsoluteTruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
July 12, 2019
Happy Friday,

Clean Hands And Pure Heart

Psalm 24:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

When we read that verse, we may become ashamed of our past. This the devil trying to discourage us. This is why we remind the devil and ourselves, our hands are cleaned and our hearts made pure by the Blood of Jesus. Salvation is not a license to sin, but when we do sin, we seek forgives from God. This new belief that we do not seek forgiveness from sin to be saved is a lie from the devil.

Seeking forgiveness is essential to salvation, but it also has a second purpose. We must humble ourselves to seek salvation and lay down our pride. Then not only are our sins forgiven but we can be at peace knowing that we are forgiven.
Of course the devil likes to play in our mind a playlist of past sins. This is when we remind him that we know the He is the father of liars and we know we are secure in the hands of God.

Laying aside pride is not easy, but essential to salvation, but God warns us that pride comes before a fall. Pride can keep us from accepting correction from others and from God, too. Going around saying bad things about yourself is also another side of pride. Stop bragging about your past sins and brag about the love of God, that takes sinners and turns them into His Own Children. Instead of dwelling on your past, rejoice in God who has redeemed you for His Glory. If we have been been saved we are no longer a worm but a saved child of God.
Betty

Posts: 1 | From: FL | Registered: Apr 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 6, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”To God Be The Glory”

When I got up today, the song ”To God Be The Glory” was playing in my head. What a wondrous gift we are given to be able to praise our God and Savior. To give back just a little to the God who has done wondrous things for us.

When we praise God, our own spirit is raised up in joy and heavy hearts are lifted by the Spirit of God, within us. For we are not walking this road alone. The Spirit of the living God is living in our hearts. Every hard and bumpy road, He walks with us. Every sad and bereaved moment we have, He is with us. His mercies toward His children will live forever. What a blessed people we are!

We are traveling through dark days but through the eyes of God, we see the victory ahead. The rapture is almost in sight. Our redemption is nigh. Look with me, up into the Heavens, and praise the Lord with me! How marvelous are thy works, Oh God, and how great is Your Voice that calls Your Children to come and gather at Your feet! May we never be guilty of taking Your great love for us for granted!
Betty

Stanza 1
To God be the glory, great things He hath done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Refrain
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He hath done.
Stanza 2
O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
(Refrain)
Stanza 3
Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our rapture, when Jesus we see.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 5, 2020
Happy Saturday,

He knew Me Before I Was Born

Psalm 139:16New International Version16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;all the days ordained for me were written in your bookbefore one of them came to be.

When I was a young child I had disturbing thoughts that I shared with no one. I always felt that I did not measure up to other children. That there was something was off with me. I remember in Bible School one of the teachers gave me extra help on a craft we were making and I wondered why she would want to help me.

Psalms 139:16 reminds me that I was important to God even before I was born. That my life mattered to Him, even before I was born. The devil seeks to convince young and old that our lives are not important, that God can easily replace us. What is important is not that we are replaceable but that God does not want to replace us. We as individuals are important to God.

Before our bodies were completely formed, God loved us and He already had a purpose in mind for us. We were not an accident. God had a plan for us from the beginning. The question is, whether we are willing to submit ourselves to God and His plans?

We do not see the canvas of our lives the way that God does. He sees the little things we do for His glory from the time we got saved until our last breath. Often the little things we do can make a big difference. When we seek the will of God we can be a useful servant of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 4, 2020
Happy Friday,

No Power

It seems that the electricity department and the city are playing games. The electricity department are having these brown outs, where the power is turned off on purpose from time to time. So we woke up to no power.

No power in the house is inconvenient, but when we have no spiritual power, that can be dangerous. When we neglect our prayer and Bible reading we can run out of spiritual power. This makes us vulnerable to attacks by Satan.

The closer we get to Jacob’s Troubles, the more we should be investing in our spiritual health. If you are like me, you get caught up in life and neglect your spiritual health. Sometimes we do not even realize that our soul and spirit is wasting away until we are attacked. We must remind ourselves not only to stay rapture ready but to stay ready for satan’s attacks.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 3, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Standing Firm in Troubled Times

Troubles can come overnight. We get our water bill every month after payday and usually two days after the due date.So, we just guess the amount. We miss calculated so they sent a notice to turn off the water even though we had paid almost all of the bill. I was angry. So I paid two months so we will always have a credit balance.

The truth is we can be blind sighted by problems at any time. Yet, even in the midst of troubles, God can give us peace. We can live in peace not knowing what will happen because we can trust God through all circumstances.

Anger should have not been my response, but it was. Thankfully I can say I was angry and did not sin. There will be times that others effect us in a negative way but we can still have Christian attitude about it. Of course God needs to do a lot of work on my road anger. I still can get ticked by inconsiderate drivers, even when they inconvenience other drivers and not me.

Walking with God is often a challenge but He is gracious and patient with us. We are indeed blessed! Keep looking for those diamonds of joy and of course looking for our blessed hope, the rapture. May God richly bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 2, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Lamentations 3:23 King James Version23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

We can live in peace, knowing that God is always faithful. He is not wishy-watchy, but steadfast in His faithfulness to His children. Through everything, He will be with us. We need not fear, for we are in the hands of God and always be. Rest in the promises of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 1, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

” I Have Always Been”

Genesis 1:1King James 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God has always existed. Mankind was created by God. Mankind has rejected God, preferring to believe our existence was an accident caused by evolution. Mankind rejected creation, preferring to believe that we evolved from monkies.

Man would rather believe we evolved from monkies, then acknowledging that God is our creator and our Heavenly Father. Mankind does not want to be held accountable to anyone, especially a Heavenly being who demands our worship. In his rejection of God, mankind has given themselves over to be controlled by Satan.

Mankind has rejected living an honorable life in obedience to God. Instead, Mankind has rejected a higher calling, choosing to give themselves over to a reprobate mind and a life of sin. In their desire for self-ruling, they have given themselves to Satan and being ruled by selfish desires and sins of the flesh.

God still calls His creation to repent and turn from their sins, so they can be reconciled with Himself. Mankind refuses and this has led to mankind become eviler and eviler. We see the results of this evil played out in our streets today by a spirit of lawlessness.

There is coming a day when God will have His full of mankind’s sins. Just as God grew tired of the sins of the world and judged the people with a flood, there is coming a day, when God will pour out His wrath on a sinful evil generation. For surely the sins of these days must rival the sins of the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Christians, let us live for our Heavenly Father, in obedience, and honor Him our worship and praise. Knowing our days on this earth is coming to an end and soon Jesus will be coming for us. Soon we will be worshiping the God of truth in His Heavenly Home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 31, 2020
Happy Monday,

”Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled”

John 14:1-3 King James Version14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

There are many things, happening around us today that can cause us to be troubled and fearful. Yet, Jesus, Himself, told us not to allow our hearts to be troubled. We do this by trusting Him to be with us now and by reminding ourselves of our future home in Heaven.

When the devil reminds us of all the evil around us, we go to the Word of God and remind ourselves of the many promises of God, where He tells us that He will never abandon us or forsake us. He is always with us. He that calmed the raging sea, gives us peace in whatever storm we are in.

Then we remind ourselves of our future in Heaven. A glorious future, free from pain and sorrow. God will sustain us now in the present and He will welcome us Home to Heaven in the future. When we focus on God’s promises for His children we can have peace today and hope for our tomorrows.
Betty

Philippians 1:21King James Version21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Revelation 22:12King James Version12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 30
Blessed Sunday,

The Power Of Fear

2 Timothy 1:7King James Version7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fear is a tool the devil likes to use against Christians. Fear can bring us to our knees, unfortunately, our first inclination is not to pray but to cower. God wants our first move to be, calling out to Him. We must remind ourselves that God is in control.

We do not know the future. Many are fearful about the coming election. We must remember whatever the results are, God is in control.
No matter who wins things will get worse, simply because we are living in the last days. Yet, we can trust God to protect us, no matter who wins.

Keep our eyes on Jesus and trust Him to see us through the coming days. Seek His will in our lives and pray for lost souls. We can stand firm in our faith in God when we ignore the voice of the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 28, 2020
Happy Friday,

Come and Drink

John 7:37-38 King James Version37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

The times we are living in, often feels like a dessert. Our spirits feel parched and dry. Personal revivals seem like a thing of the past. Yet, Jesus calls us to come to His table and be revived. If we seek His face, His Holy Spirit will flow out onto us like a waterfall and we shall be restored and refreshed.

Not only will be restored by when we are filled to overflowing the love of Christ, can flow through us to others who are in need of spiritual revitalization. Let us seek to be filled so that we can be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 27, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Finding Peace and Safety

I would be lying if I said I never had doubts and fears. We do not find peace and safety by pretending. Telling ourselves over and over that we are safe does not make us safe. True peace and safety comes by trusting in God. God’s peace is not an illusion or pretending. His peace is real and true.

John 14:17King James Version17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

We find peace and security by knowing God, truly knowing Him as our Heavenly Father. The more we seek Him, the more we will know Him. Knowing Him brings us peace because we learn His true Nature. The closer we walk with Him, the more we know Him.

In these days of violence, hate, and evil, let us seek to know God more and more. We cannot hide from the evil of the world, but we can go to God, daily and seek His Heavenly peace to wash over our souls and spirits. Knowing this, that this evil will increase but we can still be at peace in the shelter of His wings.
Betty

Psalm 91:1-9
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 26, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Mercy

”Promise #238:I will show mercy to those who are merciful to others. Matthew 5:7 (WEB)Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.”

In the late sixties, there was a song called ”What The World Needs Now, Is Love. Today, the world has a short supply of mercy and compassion. Politicians will destroy another Politician or Government leader, just because they disagree.

We have seen mobs burn down businesses in their own neighborhoods because on an action of one police officer. Politicians and the media will destroy a police officer, even though they do not have the facts.

Mercy and compassion have been thrown out with the wash. The end seems to justify actions against innocent people. God would love to heal our world, but the world rejected God back in the sixties. Over time people have given themselves over to sin. They reject the teaching of the Bible and going on to what feels good.

As children of God, let us have compassion and mercy for others. Pray for fellow Christians and sinners, alike. Pray for our Country. Pray for our President. The media stumbles over themselves looking for things to complain about with our President.

Pray for the soon return of Jesus for His Church. So many believers are being persecuted, around the world. Pray that God will give us a loving, compassionate, and merciful heart for others.
Betty

Keep looking for little diamonds of joy so that your spirits may be lifted.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 25,
Happy Tuesday,

Knowing Someone/Knowing About Someone

”There’s a big difference between knowing someone and knowing about someone. The same applies to faith. It’s possible to know about God, but having a relationship with Him is entirely different.(1)

Knowing God and knowing about God, can mean the difference between Heaven or hell. The knowledge that God exists will not save your soul. There must be a heart and mindset change in our relationship with God, to receive salvation. The devil and his demons know that God exists. They even had a relationship with God at one time, but they gave up their relationship.

We must choose to have a relationship with God. We need more than head knowledge that God exists. We need a heart and mind change. We must go from knowing about God to making God the God of our lives. We must choose to be in a relationship with Him.

The more we walk and talk with God, the sweeter the relationship grows. The stronger our faith grows, the more we trust in Him. There must be a desire in us to know God. The more we learn of God’s nature, the more we will want to know Him.

Jesus is coming back for His children, not for those who just know He exists. Come and let us gather at the feet of Jesus and allow Him to teach us, His ways. Let us praise God together.
Betty

Proverbs 3:6 King James6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

(1) Daily Bread

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 24, 2020
Happy Monday,

Choices

We hate to admit it but it is often our choices that send us down a wrong path. Sometimes it is because we take the easy way over the path that God chose for us. Other times we just blindly follow others down a path that leads us to trouble. Sadly our first reaction is often to blame God for our own choices.

Choosing wisely requires us to be in fellowship with God, so we know Him better. When we know Him better, we hear his voice more clearly and we are less likely to be listening to the devil and his demons. Knowing God better requires effort on our part. God is not going to pour Himself into our spirits. We must seek Him and His will. Then He will reveal Himself to us.

Right now there is so much going on and we can easily be distracted. This means we must choose to take the time and make the effort to spend time with God. He will bless our efforts.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 23, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Submission to God

Ephesians 5:21King James Version21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

One obstacle to salvation for many souls is submission to God. People do not want to give up control of their lives to God. Truth is we are all submitting to someone. We either submit to God or the devil.

When we commit to God, He has our best interest at heart. The devil cares nothing for souls. People are only a means to an end. Every soul stolen from God is a trophy for him. The devil loves no one. He is incapable of love. The angel that was once known for his brilliant light gave into hate and become hate.

We serve a God that sacrificed His own Son to purchase our sinful soul and when we submit to His Authority, He lovingly takes us under His wings and cares for us as a bird cares for Her babies. From the moment we accept Jesus and submit to His Authority, He walks with us every day until we enter Heaven. Praise His Holy Name!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 22, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Faithfulness
Matthew 25:21 KJV 21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

When we stand before Christ, we want to be found faithful. We do not want to be like a little train engine that worked hard some days, barely works other days, and some days did not even bother to leave the station. We want to be found faithful, to the end. Of course, our work changes over the years and we do grow slower as we age. Even as we age, let us remain faithful.

In all stations of our life, God can use us for His glory. Let our works be done with a cheerful heart. May our motivation be to please our Heavenly Father. With a Godly motivation, God can take even the smallest work, done out of our love for Him, and use it for His glory.

Galatians 6:9King James Version9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 21, 2020
Happy Friday,

Isaiah 61:1-2 (WEB)
1 The Spirit of the Lord Yahweh is on me; because Yahweh has anointed me to preach good news to the humble. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of Yahweh’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;

There are many things that we grieve over. Grief is never completely over. It can seep into our consciousness without warning. Yes, the sharpness of the pain dulls over time, but the pain is sneaky and sneaks upon us unexpectedly.

What do we do? We go our source of comfort; our Heavenly Father. He wants to provide us with comfort and peace. He alone can bring joy to our hearts. In the midst of the storm, we can take peace in the knowledge that we see our Christian loved ones again.

God will provide the strength we need to continue on in our journey. Take comfort, in knowing that the finish line is closer than ever. We will soon enter the gates of Heaven, where there will be no more grieving or pain.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 19, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Anger, Bitterness, and Terror

The liberals will use any method they can come up with, to get President Trump out of office. I watched a town meeting with O.A.C, yesterday. She called on a young lady with a shirt that said Mothers must eat the babies. The Democrats have this young lady convinced that the world will end in three months. I was very disturbed by this woman. It took three people to calm her down.

As I laid in bed last night, I got to thinking about this young lady. There was no anger in her only terror. Although I do not know her name, I prayed that God would reach out go her. Terror has taken away her ability to comprehend reality.

The Democrats are filling people’s hearts with terror, in order to win the election. They are even saying President Trump will refuse to leave the White House if he loses. I do not know who will win, but us Christians must get out and vote. We saw this summer how our Religious freedoms can be taken away from us.

Whatever happens we need not fear. We must put our trust completely in the our Heavenly Father. We may not know the near future but we know how the battle will end. Pray for the young people of this world. They are easily influenced by the people who want to do harm to this world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 18, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Watching Our Country, Implode

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy” (Psalm 94:19 NIV).

As we watch violence played out on our TV, it is easy to feel defeated.
A man dragged from his truck and beaten to death, for just driving down the road, is enough to fill, our hearts with worry. There is no justification for such an action and sadly no defense. We can not help but worry about how to protect ourselves from such a crime.

Brothers and sisters, we are witnessing the lawlessness that Jesus said would happen in the last days. Evil is abounding by leaps and bounds. We must not lose hope. Jesus is coming soon. This is what Apostle Paul said about comforting ourselves with the knowledge of the soon approach 0f the rapture.

We must seek the face of God. We pray for protection for ourselves and our families. Let us pray the love of Jesus shines through us so that others can see the light to the way to the cross. Let us share the love of Jesus with a sinful world as long as can. When we become overcome with fear, seek shelter in the arms of God. When our hearts are overcome by the evil we see, remind ourselves the world is serving their god, the devil. Press onward to the finish line with hope and courage.

It will not be long and we will be going home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 17, 2020
Happy Monday,

God is my Rock

There are storms we go through in life that we do not understand. There are times that we begin to understand in time, but other times the reason is hidden from us. This is when trust comes into play. Will we trust God to know what is best or will we stress ourselves trying to find logic in circumstances that are not meant for us to understand?

Most of like to feel we have control of our circumstances. Yet, things can change on a dime. An accident comes out of nowhere. Depending on our injuries it can change our plans for a day or for the rest of our lives.
This is when trust comes into play. Are we willing to trust God in all circumstances? No one knows how their reactions will be in advance. We prepare ourselves by trusting in God every day. We develop a pattern of seeking God first, when we face troubles, instead of last.

This life is fleeting and we must remind ourselves that this world in our temporary home. Soon we will go live with God where there will be no more storms, sicknesses, or death. Keep our eyes on Jesus. Pray for God to guide us and give us peace as we face uncharted waters.
Betty

On Christ, the solid rock I stand

My hope is built on notheing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' Name

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my Hope and Stay

When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 16, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”Who Do You Say, I Am?”

King James Version18 And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples were with him: and he asked them, saying, Whom say the people that I am?19 They answering said, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others say, that one of the old prophets is risen again.20 He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.

The question could be asked of us: ”How do our actions portray who Jesus is to us?” Do we give Jesus the proper respect, due to the God of the universe? Or do we treat Jesus like Santa Claus? Only reaching out to Him when we have a need?

Do we worship Jesus in spirit and truth or do we ignore Him until we need something? Is Jesus God of our life or a backseat passenger? Jesus demands to be first in our lives. If we have other ’gods’ before Him; we are committing idolatry.

John 14:15 King James Version15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

If we love God, we will want to obey His commandments. We will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. We will worship Him, from our hearts who love Him dearly. We will want to live for Him and His Kingdom. So the question is: ”who is Jesus to me?”.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 15, 2020
Happy Saturday,

In My Weakness, God Gives Me Strength

Isaiah 40:29 (WEB)
He gives power to the weak. 
He increases the strength of him who has no might.

There are times that all Christians, feel overcome with weakness.
Yet our Heavenly Father, does not abandon us. He calls us to come to Him for rest. He gives us physical, emotional, and spiritual rest. In His arms, we find comfort and He restores us.

Psalm 23:3 King James Version3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

God will walk beside us, and encourage us we walk daily for Him. In Him, we find peace when we open up ourselves and talk to Him from our hearts. We can always be honest with God and share with Him all of our needs and desires.

Fear, not the days but put our complete trust in God. He is always with us and He will never abandon us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 14, 2020
Happy Friday,

”The Greatest of These Is Charity

1 Corinthians 13:13 King James Version 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Jesus tells us a parable of a woman who sought justice from a judge who did not care about justice or mankind. At first, the judge denied her request but decided it was better to give her what she asked, rather than be bothered by the woman. This person reacted out of selfish reasons rather than love.

When we give to God, how be it financial, our time, or labor; we must do it out of love. If we do not give out of love, there will be no Heavenly reward. Let us not be guilty of doing work to impress others. If we do so, our reward will be earthly and not in Heaven. Remember people forget quickly and those you work hard to impress today will soon forget. On the other hand, what we do for God will last for eternity.

Let us pray that God will give us a loving heart, towards God and mankind. So that our work and financial giving will always come from a loving heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 12, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Losing Things

I am starting to misplace things. I think it is dementia or just old age, but it is frustrating. We ordered neck gaiters for our vacation, but we could not find them when we packed. I found them a few days after we got back on top of my dresser.

There is something we can never lose. When we put our trust in God our faith is secure in Him. When we give Him our souls, He will never misplace them. Everything we give to God is secure and we can rest in the knowledge that He will keep and protect them.

We can lose heart and our faith can grow cold, but God told us how to keep from doing so. We refill our faith by reading the Word of God. We strengthen our trust in God by reminding ourselves of our past victories in Christ. Seek the Lord God every day, pray, and worship Him and we will grow stronger spiritually. When the devil brings doubt and fear to our hearts, remind ourselves and the devil that we serve God Almighty and He will never fail.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 11, 2016
Tuesday,

”It Will Be Worth It All”

Like the old songs says, ”it will be worth it all” when we see Jesus ’ face. Our troubles will fall off of us like leaves falling from a tree in the fall. Our faith will come to life in an instant when we enter the gates of Heaven.

We find comfort now in our faith in our Heavenly Father and we see Heaven only by faith, but one day we will walk the streets of glory. We will not need faith to imagine the streets of gold, for we will see and feel them in our new glorified bodies.

In a twinkling of an eye, we will step out of our sick and crippled bodies and we will step into our glorified bodies that will never know pain nor ever decay. What a marvelous day it will be!

As we wait in faith, let us prepare each day by putting on our spiritual amour, for the devil will fight against us until the moment of the rapture. Reminding ourselves that this time will soon past and we will be where the devil and his demons can never touch us or harm us again.
Betty

WHEN WE SEE CHRIST

Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
We’re tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
All tears forever over in God’s eternal day.
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life’s trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One gliimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.
Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We’re tossed and driven on , no human help insight;
But there is one in heav’n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem – just go to Him in pray’r.
Life’s day will soon be o’er, all storms forever past,
We’ll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
We’ll share the joys of heav’n – a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we’ll lay our burden down.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 9, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”Come To Me”

Matthew 11:28-30New International Version28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

We had so much fun on our vacation. Now we are feeling the effects of exhaustion. Vacationing at our age is different when you are over 65. You have to take the time to rest and recharge. Living in these days can be challenging and overwhelming. God reminds us to come to Him and find rest. In His arms, we can find peace of heart and mind.

We need not fear the coming days, for we serve a God that knows the future. Noting will happen that will take Him unaware. Even though things may get rough, He will hold our hands and give us the strength to face the challenges ahead. Fear not the days, but trust in God.

Isaiah 41:10New International Version10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 7, 2020
Happy Saturday

Heavenly Father

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

Do we behave as if we had no Heavenly Father? Are we quick go give in to doubt and despair? We can develop the habit of doubting God whenever we go through problems. We can allow fear to dictate our behavior.

We can also read the Bible and build up our faith so that we call on God, as soon as a problem arises, instead of seeking God as a last result. We must choose to react in faith and not give ourselves over to fear. When do this, we will have better results and we will please our God. The more we trust God, the stronger our faith in Him grows.
Betty

Hubby and I had a marvelous time on our vacation. We appreciate our children very much for providing us this vacation. We have wonderful memories to carry us the rest of our lives.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 1, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Anti-God

We live in a world that is coming more and more anti-God. The NFL has asked that if a person sees an NFL player at Church with the building being more than 25 % capacity, for the person to turn them in. Nothing is said about turning them in for being in a protest march. In California, a mayor has made it illegal to sing at Church. Singing is a part of worshiping God. In another city the mayor says he will have the utilities turned off to the Church, if the Church opens for worship. People in authority are using this pandemic to take away Religious freedoms.

An NBA player stood for the National Anthem, citing his faith for not doing so. A sports writer accuses him of using Religion as a crutch. Christianity is not a crutch it is a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father. Those who do not know Christ are oblivious to the relationship a Christian has with their God. Standing up for ones faith is considered a crutch a best and a character flaw at worse. God help this world, whose distaste for worshipping God has turned them into attack dogs against God and His followers.

My friends, God warned us that the last days would be like this. That the world would become more evil. Remember that God did not say to run and hide when these things begin to happen. He said:

Luke 21:28 KJV 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

We are living in the last days. Hard days for us and yet, we are the generation to see Jesus coming in the clouds for His people. Even though we are stressed and fear more persecution to come we are a blessed generation.
Betty

Revelation 22:20-21. King James Version20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2020
Happy Friday,

Running On Empty

The challenges of this life can deplete us, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. When we become depleted then we are less able to help someone. A couple of days I talked about how Elijah fell into a depression, after a great victory. Battles deplete us, even those we win. God did not punish Elijah for giving up and wanting to quit. Instead, God allowed Elijah to get the rest that he needed and even sent an angel with prepared food for him to eat.

I have talked to more than one person that fears this coming election. They are fearful of what is going to happen to this Country. We have seen Democratic leaders taking Religious liberties from people because of this pandemic. I think this is just a test for people in government to see how much they can get away with. At the same time that they are making it illegal to attend Church, Joe Bindon is saying publicly that Islam should be taught in School. Can you imagine the outcry if Christianity was taught in School!

My friends, we are indeed living in stressful times. These days it is more important than ever that we seek God to fill us daily with the Holy Spirit and with His love. I must admit it that I need to spend more time in praying and more time reading God’s Word. Let us seek to be filled with God’s love so that others can see Jesus in us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2020
Happy Thursday,

God’s Children

Revelation 22:4 NIV 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Most of us live quiet lives away from the limelight. We are not celebrities or politicians. Most people do not even know our names. Yet, the God who spoke the Universe into existence knows us personally. He knows our innermost thoughts. Not only does He know this things but He loves us.

What a wonderful realization to know that God cares about the little things that are important to us. Jesus died to reconcile us so that we will be able to spend eternity in the presence of God. Popularity in this world is fleeting, even more so in this cancel society. You can go from being the darling of the media one day to being canceled from the media for something you did long ago.

How marvelous it is to know that God’s love for His children is strong and eternal! He holds us securely in His hands and no one can pluck us out of His hands.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Let us walk in righteousness and truth knowing the one true God is coming for us soon and we will dwell with Him forever. May we find comfort in knowing that while the world does not know us the God of Heaven even knows the number of hairs we have on our head. What a blessing it is to be adopted into God’s family!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Self-Reliant

We as human beings often take pride in being self-reliant. God did not make mankind for us to be self-reliant. God created us to be His children and for Him, to be our Heavenly Father. Instead, mankind rebelled against God. We take pride in thinking we need no one. We take pride in standing on our own. We are blinded to the flower of pride growing in our hearts that is planted by Satan. We do not want God to tell us what to do but we allow the devil to guide us down the path of sin.

When we open our hearts to God and accept Him as our Savior and Lord, God will save us from an eternity in hell. He will also guide us throughout our lives down the path of righteousness. When we allow Satan to be our guide, he will lead us into a life of sin. This sin will cause us to face not only the consequences in this lifetime but an eternity in the lake of fire. Contrary to popular belief, the devil will not be in control of hell. He will just be a fellow sufferer.
Betty

Psalm 71
In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. ...

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Surviving in a Chaotic World

Christians we are beginning to see behind the curtain, that hides the desires of many Democratic leaders. Across the Country, Churches are ordered closed because of the pandemic while hundreds protest, walking arm and arm down the street. In some areas Churches that are open, are prohibited from singing, baptizing, and performing marriages. While people are allowed to match while screaming hate into the air.

What do we do, as Christians? We speak out about the hypocrisy of the Democrats. We pray for God to intervene, but more importantly, we remind ourselves of this verse:

2 Corinthians 4:18 New International Version18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

The Age of Grace is coming to an end. Soon we will leave this world and the times of Jacob’s trouble will begin. Our time of working for the Kingdom of God is almost over. God help us not to be sinning when the trumpet blows. We want to be found working for Christ and not coasting to the end. While others are spreading hate, let us be loving and kind. While others proclaim that the do not need God, let us acknowledge how important our precious God is to us, individually.

Revelation 3:12 (WEB)
He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

What a glorious day it will be when Jesus calls us to meet Him in the air!
We look forward with great expectation to the day we shed these corruptible bodies and take on our glorified bodies!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2020
Happy Monday

Victory to Failure in Sixty Seconds
I Kings 18-19

Merle Haggard wrote a song called: ”I’m Always On the Mountain When I Fall” The chorus says:

I hate to say I'm giving up but I believe
Losing's just become a way of life for me
Losing wouldn't be so bad at all
But I'm always on a mountain when I fall

God gave Elijah a great victory at Mount Carmel. He was given victory over Ahab and Elijah slew the prophets of Baal. God met Elijah and Elijah defeated the evil prophets. Elijah was victorious and on a mountain top. Yet, a few hours later when Ahab told Jezebel what Elijah had done she said she would kill Elijah. You would think that Elijah’s response would be that the God He served gave him a victory over Ahab and would give him victory over Jezebel.

This was not the case. Elijah’s reaction was great fear and defeat. He fled Jezebel and went somewhere to die.

1 Kings 19:4 King James Version 4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

Elijah had gone from a great victory to wanting God to take his life.
He still had the taste of victory in his mouth, yet the victory turned to guile in his mouth. Elijah knew that Jezebel was the one pulling the strings on Ahab. She was the one who had led him into evil. Yet, it would seem that on the hills of victory, Elijah’s faith had grown weak.

God did come to Elijah’s rescue and God put him in a place to save a woman and son from starvation and when her son died, God used Elijah to raise her son from death.

What do we learn from this? We learn to praise God for our victories and then we humble ourselves before God and pray that God will strengthen our faith for the new attack from the devil. After a great victory, we know without a doubt the devil will attack again and harder. We prepare ourselves by prayer and studying the Word of God.

We do not have to fall off of the mountain of victory. Elijah did not have the Bible as we have. The Bible teaches us how to put on the whole armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18 King James Version10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

God will prepare us for battle if we seek His face and ask Him to do so. As we edge closer and closer to the end of the Age of Grace, may we live for God in a way that is pleasing to Him. May we seek His face and build up our faith by daily spending time in the Holy Word of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 26, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Change or Acceptance

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

The devil can have us spend needless hours, having us rehash the mistakes we have made in the past. While it is important to learn from our mistakes, it is a waste of time and can lead to depression, when we torture ourselves over past mistakes.

Of course, there are things we need to seek forgiveness from the one's we hurt and God, but dwelling over them accomplishes nothing. We often are prone not to forgive ourselves. We can even seek to punish ourselves over past sins. We must remind ourselves that God has forgiven us and stop listening to the approach of the devil.

The devil wants to hinder our present work by having us suffer from past mistakes and past wounds we have sustained. This is when we turn them over to God and get back to working for God in the present. The closer we get to the rapture, the more the devil will work to hinder our work for God. Even our prayer life can be affected by satan’s whispering in our ears. We can tune out his voice by praising God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”To God Be The Glory”

Jude 25 King James Version 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Come brothers and sisters in the Lord, let us sing praises to our God and King. Let us rejoice in the wondrous things that He does for us, His children. May God take pleasure in the songs of praise that come from the grateful hearts of His children.

The world of uncertainty fades from our view as we take the time to commune with our Heavenly Father. When we are in His presence, He will surround us in His love. We partake of a little taste of what Heaven must be when we feel the touch of God upon us.

Jesus is our hope. He will sustain us during this lifetime and He will welcome us into His Heavenly Gates. May we not forget to offer our offerings of praise to God and may we rejoice in His wonderous goodness to us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2020
Happy Friday,

Wounded Christians

We were born into a sinful world. We were born into sin. Sin has caused us to wound others and to be wounded ourselves. Physical and emotional pain leaves scars. It would be great to say that, Christians never hurt each other, but we do. We must seek forgiveness when we hurt others and we must forgive when others hurt us.

The devil uses our wounds to inflict needless pain. He reminds us of hurts from many years ago and if we are not careful, we can begin to dwell on this hurt. When we do, we open our hearts to bitterness. We must learn to block this weapon of the devil, as soon as he starts.

Remind the devil that we have forgiven the one who hurt us. When the devil brings up our sins, we remind him that God has forgiven us. Pray that God will heal our wounds and cover our scars with His love. When we do, we would stop the cycle of suffering in our lives.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Confused World

Salvation is to be found through him alone; in all the world there is no one else whom God has given who can save us. Acts ‪4:12‬, TE

This world is confused about what it wants. We have some say that we need a Savior to come and save us. We have others say that we don't need a Savior because we have the power within us.

The truth is we do need a Savior. Sadly the world has rejected the true Savior; Jesus. This world will continue to speed out of control until the anti-Christ comes on the scene. The world which rejected worshipping the true God, the God who sent His Son to die on a cross to reconcile mankind to Himself, will worship at the feet of the devil.

Billions of people who rejected worshipping Jesus will worship the devil. They have rejected the God of Heaven choosing to worship Satan and by doing so are choosing eternity in hell. When they face God they will cry out for mercy, but the days of mercy will have pass. They made their own decision to choose self over God. In choosing self they chose the lies of the father of lies, the devil.

Christians let us continue to pray for the lost souls until the trumpet sounds or the trumpet blows for our going home trip. May God help us to be a light showing the love of God and the path to God as long as we can.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement