Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names / Christian Search Engine
Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 14, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

The Sin of Unity

It sounds so loving uniting to say:” I worship in a Church with all regions, standing holding hands, each worshipping their own god”

Chronicles 33

Manasseh Restored After Repentance
10 And the Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they would not [d]listen. 11 Therefore the Lord brought upon them the captains of the army of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh with [e]hooks, bound him with [f]bronze fetters, and carried him off to Babylon. 12 Now when he was in affliction, he implored the Lord his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, 13 and prayed to Him; and He received his entreaty, heard his supplication, and brought him back to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord was God.
14 After this he built a wall outside the City of David on the west side of Gihon, in the valley, as far as the entrance of the Fish Gate; and it enclosed Ophel, and he raised it to a very great height. Then he put military captains in all the fortified cities of Judah. 15 He took away the foreign gods and the idol from the house of the Lord, and all the altars that he had built in the mount of the house of the Lord and in Jerusalem; and he cast them out of the city. 16 He also repaired the altar of the Lord, sacrificed peace offerings and thank offerings on it, and commanded Judah to serve the Lord God of Israel. 17 Nevertheless the people still sacrificed on the [g]high places, but only to the Lord their God.

God will punish Churches that promote the worship of other gods in His House.

We see this on bumpers and back windows of cars. This is an abomination to God. God sent His Son to suffer and die for our sins. This symbol promotes all Religions as equal. This will lead to the one-world Religion that God warns about in Revelation. This one-world Religion will remove salvation through Christ out of the equation.

John 10:9
New King James Version
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 10:1
New King James Version
Jesus the True Shepherd
10 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

For all Religions to co-exist, there will have to be compromises. Preaching Jesus is the only way to Heaven will have to be left behind. Preaching that homosexuality and abortion are sins will have to go, along with other sins that might offend the congregation.

Forsaking the truth of the Gospel in the name of unity, will not only be an abomination to God but will lead millions to hell. May God help us Christians to stand up firmly for the truth of the Gospel. Making people believe the lie that all roads lead to Heaven is doing no one a favor. In fact, we are doing sinners an injustice.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 4086 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Take it to Jesus

There are times in our lives when we feel overwhelmed. We may feel that we are being attacked by the devil. These are the times we need to cry out to God. Share your feelings with God. Like many others, I tend to push my feelings under the rug and not deal with them. This is a mistake.

If we keep hiding our feelings under the rug, one day we will explode with all of our emotions erupted on others. This is when we say and do things that we regret. Jesus wants us to bring these feelings to Him and seek healing.

Go to God for healing, comfort, and peace. In His love and kindness, He will comfort and heal us. We always benefit when we spend time alone with God. May God bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 4086 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2021
Happy Monday,

Broken Vessels

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 New King James Version
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The world sees broken vessels as something to dispose of. People can even see people that way. We see handicapped people and wonder why God allowed that to happen. God sees the handicapped and then uses that person in marvelous ways for His glory.

People see the elderly often as a problem they have to deal with. God sees an opportunity to show His greatness through the elderly who have a heart for Him.

In our weakness, God works. When we are weak we are forced to allow God to take over and when He does, He accomplishes through us, things we never could imagine. When we realize that God is doing the work through us, there is no room for self-pride, only gratefulness that God is willing to use us for His Kingdom.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10,2021
Happy Saturday,

Does God Care That I Am Tired?

Revelation 3:8-11
8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

We are so close to the rapture. The devil knows his time is almost up to attack Christians and cause them to lose heart. He tempts us to give up. God’s Holy Word tells us to hold on to God’s truth. The Holy Spirit whispers in our ears and tells us that He is with us.

So many in the world call Christians weak because we put our faith and hopes in God. Truth is the opposite. It is easy to give in to the world’s beliefs. It takes courage to stand up for God. To stand firm though we are made fun of and even hated.

Jesus told us the world would hate us, just as the world hated Him. Do not give up, but pray for strength and confidence to stand for truth these days. Pray for one another that we will not be led astray by false preaching and teaching.

Yes God does care that we are tired.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 201
Happy Friday,

“In His Time”

We have so many questions for God. Why haven't I gotten a job yet? Why haven't You healed me yet? Why haven't You given me a better job, car or house? Why haven't You…........

We want God to answer our prayers immediately. When we do add “have Your Will? We really mean our will. Surrendering our will to God means letting go of our will and trusting God to do accomplish what He desires in our life. To trust His decisions and His timing.

Waiting on an answer to our prayers is hard, but God’s desires for us are always the best for us and God’s Kingdom.
Betty

In His Time Lyrics
In His time, In His Time
He makes all things beautiful in His time.
Lord please show me every day
As You're teaching me Your way
That You do just what You say 
In Your time.

In Your time, In Your Time
You make all things beautiful in Your time.
Lord my life to You I bring 
May each song I have to sing
Be to you a lovely thing 
In Your time

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2021
Happy Thursday

Half-Baked

Colossians 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the [a]handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Aren't you glad that when Jesus saved us, He forgave all of our sins? Even if Jesus declined to forgive us of only one sin, our eternal destination would be hell. No sin can enter into Heaven.

Just as a half-baked cake is nasty, so is sin in the nostrils of God. No sin, no matter how tiny or how huge, can enter the gates of Heaven. God in His great mercy, forgives all of our sins. What a marvelous God is who forgives us because Jesus willingly paid our sin debt.

From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

We do not use God’s forgiveness as liberty to sin. Instead out of our love for God, we seek to live in righteousness. The more we love God, the more uncomfortable we become when we do sin.

God’s marvelous grace saves us not only from hell but the tribulation.

Romans 5:9
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

Let us live in victory, for Jesus defeated satan on the cross. Let us have a grateful heart because the same God who delivered us from hell will deliver us from the tribulation, to come.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 7, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“Talk to Me”

How often do we talk to God? Probably, not as much as we should. We can talk to God throughout the day, not just when we pray. We can talk to him in the morning as we get ready. We can talk to God as we work. We can talk to God when we are driving.

We will find our days more peaceful when we spend the day having short little conservation with our Heavenly Father. The more we share our thoughts with God, the closer we will be drawn to God.

May today you find time to share your thoughts and fears with God. Fellowship with Jesus is a great gift from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“I Will Protect and Carry You”

“Promise #96:
I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 (WEB)
and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.
I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.

The New International Version Bible translates Isaiah 46:4 this way... Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

When we enter this world we bring nothing with us. We are completely dependent on someone else. In our final year's we become more venerable. Scammers like to take advantage of the elderly because we can be easily persuaded. Of course many if us are blessed with children who watch for us. As Christians, we also have an even better protector and that is our Heavenly Father. He never abandons us.

We can rest under His wings and fear not our future. God was with us when we took our first breath and whether we leave this world by death or the rapture, He will still be with us.

As we get older, we may worry that we can not do as much for God. Have no fear. We can still have the gift of compassion for others and we can pray. Pray for our Country. Pray for our leaders. Pray for lost souls. Pray for our family. Prayer and compassion can go long way.
Betty

Isaiah 65:24New King James Version
24  It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Hebrews 13:5 New King James Version
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2021
Happy Monday,

Things are Coming Together

If you are watching what is happening in America and around the World, you would reach the conclusion that we are indeed are living in the last days. The world is being doctrated to accept a One World Religion. My friend our time on this earth is coming to an end and so is the Age of Grace.

Why did God not allow President Trump to win? Just as God was patient with Israel, there came a time when God allowed an evil King to rule them. This evil King was a part of God’s judgment.

American people have a whole has turned from Righteous living and giving themselves over to accepting evil as good. America has entered her time of judgment. I do not believe there is coming a great revival in America.

For individuals, there is still time to seek the face of God. To seek forgiveness of their sins. To change from a life of rebellion to a life of righteousness.

Christians pray for lost souls. Pray that God will help us to be obedient children, and seek to live in righteousness. Once the trumpet sounds it will be too late to work for God and leave sin behind. Now is the time!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2021
Happy Resurrection Day

“Three Days Later -
He Arose”

John 2:19 New King James Version
19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Jesus did not come to earth to live, die, and rise again, to prove to mankind that He is God. He came to make the ultimate sacrifice to reconcile mankind to Himself. A sacrifice only He could make. There had to be innocent blood poured out on the altar in Heaven to cleanse away sin.

Jesus did the hard work. All we have to is confess our sins and turn away from our sins and accept Jesus as Lord over our life. When we are truly repented and sold out to God, we will want to live as His Holy Word tells to do. We will want to abstain from sin. We will want to live righteous lives.

If you have not received the precious gift of salvation, today is the day. No one is promised tomorrow and Jesus is coming soon. Today is the day of rejoicing, for one who was dead is alive and on His throne in Heaven.

Revelation 1:18 New King James Version
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of [a]Hades and of Death.

John 11:25
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

Happy Resurrection Day,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2021
Happy Saturday,

The Second Day

The disciples have seen Jesus, betrayed by one of their own, Judas. They have seen Him delivered to the Pharisees and they all but Peter fled. Only John witness the death of Jesus.

They are all hiding in fear that they will be captured. They are all grieving, especially Peter. Peter fears that even if there is a miracle and Jesus somehow is alive again, how would he be able to face Jesus.

They have forgotten that Jesus said that he would rise again. They are broken men overcome by fear and grief. They are without hope. Only the companionship with each other keeps them hanging on. They have no joy.

Yet, in one day everything will change. They will see for themselves that Jesus is who He said He is. He is the Son of God. He is the third member of the Godhead.

Satan and His demons have been partying thinking they have won the battle against God. Tonight the disciples mourn, but tomorrow–------
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2021
Blessed Friday,

Good Friday

Hebrews 9:22 New King James Version
22 And according to the law almost all things are [a]purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no [b]remission.

For a long long time, I could not understand why today is called Good Friday. The suffering that Jesus endured, should make this day called black Friday. From our eyes, we can only see so much evil being inflicted on the only innocent man to every live on this earth.

Yet, when we step a little further from the cross and look at the big picture, we see that before we could have the triumph of the Resurrection, there had to be the sacrifice. Jesus chose to come to this earth to live in a human body, to die on the cross for the redemption of mankind.

Today is called Good Friday because this is the day that we remember our Savior and the sacrifice He made to redeem mankind, even though we chose to listen to the devil’s lies. Today is a Holy Day because royal blood was spilled on the ground of a corrupt world.

Today is a day of reflection. We reflect on the Holy Sacrifice that Jesus made for mankind and we look forward to the day of celebration on Resurrection Day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2021
Happy Thursday,

The Sifting Has Began

As we are reaching the end of the Church age, God is making known who is a real Christian and who is not. So many who have proclaimed to have been saved are being revealed or they, themselves are revealing that their Christianity was false.

As the world turns on those who believe in God’s Holy Word and do not accept evil as good, we will see more and more denounce their faith. Their fake Christianity is becoming less and less popular with the masses.

There was a time that it made sense to call yourself a Christian because you were considered a man or woman of integrity. We are now living in those days when evil is considered good and good evil. Now the world sees people who believe what the Bible says as true are considered troublemakers and potential terrorists.

My friends, God warned of these days, when evil would be seen as good and good as evil. We need not fear but remind ourselves that God is bigger than this world and He will be with us always.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Promises

“Promise #90:
I will not forget My promises because I am a merciful God.

Deuteronomy 4:31 (WEB)
for Yahweh your God is a merciful God; he will not fail you, neither destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which he swore to them.”

Sadly, we have become accustomed to people breaking promises. Wedding vows have been broken by individuals for centuries. People make promises in business they don't keep. Politicians on both sides of the aisle make promises during their election that they know they can't or won't keep.

God is incapable of lying. He is righteous and His promises are guaranteed. Christians live in hope of an eternity in Heaven. Sinners live in hope that God will change His mind about hell. God is just and His promises are true and just.

God does not choose hell for people, people choose hell for themselves. Their self-pride keeps them from admitting they are a sinner. Often they find sin to be too satisfying to give it up.

God is a merciful God and He still calls sinners to come to the cross to repent and turn away from their sins. People who refuse to turn away from sin and repent or by their own rebellion, are choosing an eternity in hell.

Christians, let us draw comfort from the promises of God, for God is merciful and loving.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Why Do The Wicked Prosper?”

Jeremiah 12:1-2
New King James Version
Jeremiah’s Question
Righteous are You, O Lord, when I plead with You;
Yet let me talk with You about Your judgments.
Why does the way of the wicked prosper?
Why are those happy who deal so treacherously?

You have planted them, yes, they have taken root;
They grow, yes, they bear fruit.
You are near in their mouth
But far from their [a]mind.

We are not the first to wonder why the wicked seem to prosper and go unpunished. We see politicians who built their career on promoting evil, yet they have advanced because of their stance on evil.

We see celebrities who have used fornication to advance their career and we wonder why they were allowed to sin to advance their position to celebrity status. While those who stood for righteousness have often been limited in their work in Hollywood.

God is not blinded to their sins. In His mercy, He allows them to thrive, giving them time to repeat. Eventually, they reach the point of no return.

Titus 1:16
New King James Version
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being [a]abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Romans 1:28
New King James Version
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

Instead of seeing the mercy, God is extending to sinners, many see God’s kind patience as God's acceptance of their sin. They have no excuse for God has made clear His stance on sin. God has told us that He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. This leaves no excuse in believing that God has changed His stand on sin.

As Christians, we look and wonder just like Jeremiah, why the wicked prosper and seem to go unpunished for their sins. Yet, God warns the sinner of their coming judgment.

Revelation 20:11-15
New King James Version
The Great White Throne Judgment
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [a]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second [b]death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Christians, let’s serve our God and Savior and rejoice that because of His great mercies, our name is written in the book of life. Sinners scoff at us for standing for Biblical truth. Politicians have even questioned our love of our Country, because of our stand against abortion. One day soon we will take our place in our Heavenly Home where there will be no more suffering or sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2021
Happy Monday,

Rough Patches

We all go through rough patches in our lives. Often in these rough patches, we have several things come against us at once. These rough patches take a toll on us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We may even feel all alone.

We all react differently to these times. Some of us talk about our problems to anyone who will listen. Some of us quietly attempt to solider on, alone. One thing most of us neglect to do is to cry out to Jesus.

When we seek God, He will help us. Fellow Christians sometimes we need to swallow our pride and ask for others to stand with us during these times. It is okay to admit we need someone to pray for us.

There is no special crown in Heaven for those who refuse to seek help from others. As children of God, we are all apart of the family of God. Seek help from others when we need it. Pray for others who are struggling. Pressing on towards the finish line does not mean we are to run this race alone. Seek help from God and other Christians. When we are weak, admit it and draw strength from God and our Christian brothers and sisters.
Betty

“Cry Out To Jesus"

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
When you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith in love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

Rest for the weary
Mercy and healing
Cry out to Jesus

When you're lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

Rest for the weary
Mercy and healing

Rest for the weary
Mercy and healing

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 28, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Palm Sunday

Is not Christ. NO ONE CAN TELL TIME.

Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

John 12:13 King James Version
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

When Jesus entered Jerusalem on a donkey, the people were ready to proclaim Him King. Their spirits were high and they were rejoicing at the thought of their freedom from the persecution of Rome.

What they did not realize was that Jesus has not come to earth to defeat Rome, but to suffer and die for the redemption of mankind. When He did not meet the narrative of their plans, they turned on Him. They went from loud praises to Jesus to crying: “crucify Him”.

Even as Christians we can become angry when God’s plans differ from our own. We must remember that God’s plans are always better than our own and we must accept His Will for us, to be content.
Betty

[ March 28, 2021, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: WildB ]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 27, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Stay Faithful To God

“Promise #86:
Never tire of doing good, for in time you will reap a harvest.

Galatians 6:9 (WEB)
 Let us not be weary in doing good,
for we will reap in due season, if we don’t give up.”

Are you tired and weary? Cry out to God and He will refresh you. Are you frustrated that the person you are praying for, to get saved is still running from God? Do not give up. Our prayers are still in God’s sight.

We do not know what God is doing behind the scenes. Our job is not to question God but to trust in Him. The more we trust God the sweeter our relationship with Him grows.

Our God has not forgotten us, nor has He forsaken us. His love for us is strong and steady. Let us live for God faithfully in all situations. Praising God every day and rejoicing in His goodness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 26, 2021
Happy Friday,

Gratitude

Here lately, I am having frustrating issues with my short-term memory. . As Christians, we can all have short memory issues. We forget all the wonderful things God has provided for us. We wake up in the morning from a night in a bed with a roof over our heads. We have hot water at our fingertips. We walk into our kitchen and look around to decide what we want to eat.

There hundreds of thousands of people, who would think they were in Heaven to have what we take for granted. Sadly we can go further and get upset at God because we want bigger and better things.

Today let us work on having a spirit of gratitude and praise God for the many blessings that He has bestowed upon us. Let us strive to be appreciative children of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 25, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Submitting Yourself To God

James 4:7 King James Version
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Sinners do not understand that submitting ourselves to God brings freedom and not slavery. When we submit ourselves to God, we are free to live a life of purpose. Living for self is just one selfish agenda after another. When we give God control we are opening doors of potential in ourselves that we never dreamed could happen.

The devil uses people and tosses them aside. When we live for God, He will open doors to places that we never dreamed that we could walk in. When we seek to work for the Kingdom of God, we are storing up treasures in Heaven. A life in sin will only lead to an eternity of torment.

We must choose for ourselves who will serve: God or self. Choose well for eternity weighs in the balance.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Ask For Wisdom

James 1:5 King James Version
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

We live in a time that requires extra wisdom. We are beset on every side by the devil and his demons that seek to lead us astray. The devil wraps false teaching up with just enough truth to cause us to take a second look.

He wraps sin a pretty package that tempts our eyes. . We can begin to believe that a little sin won't hurt us, but it does. Just like a beautiful white dress is ruined by a tiny spot, so does our soul become overcome by a tiny sin that grows and grows.

God wants to give us wisdom. He wants us to understand how precious wisdom is and to seek His face for wisdom. As the Age of Grace comes to an end, let us pray that we live as a shining example of God’s love and grace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Working For God, With The Right Attitude

We can not serve God, half-heartedly. Paul reminds us that works done for God without love are a wasted effort. This does not mean that there are not times that we are not completely into what God calls us to do. It means to stop and spend time with God before we begin.

Ask God to refresh our tired spirit. If we are holding a grudge against the one God wants to bless through us, stop and seek forgiveness from God. Ask God to fill our hearts with love towards that person.

Pray that God will give us a kind and forgiving spirit towards others. When we lay aside bitterness we will be blessed with a loving heart. Do everything God calls us today in love.
Betty

Colossians 3:23-24 King James Version
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2021
Happy Monday,

When God Call Us To A Task

2 Peter 1:3 King James Version
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

When God calls us to a task, the devil and his demons are quick to point out that we are insignificant to the challenge to accomplish the task. What the devil does not want us to remember is that God equips those He calls.

Hebrews 13:20-21 New International Version - UK
Benediction and final greetings
20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

When God calls us, let us accept His calling with humility and grace. Then seek God’s face and ask for wisdom to accomplish the task, set before us. Work for God without grumbling and complaining, instead work for God with praises to God on our lips. Then our Heavenly Father will feel our hearts with joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Tapped Out,

There are days, that we awaken and feel like we are running on empty. How can we be a blessing to others when our own cup is empty? What do we do? We go to the source of our strength. We seek God’s Face for a renewing of the Holy Spirit.

God will renew our spirits and fill us up with a renewed portion of the Holy Spirit. He will give us hope so that we can share that hope with others. He will overflow us with His Holy Spirit so that not only are we blessed, but we can be a blessing to others.

Never give up, even though the devil tries to get us too. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and rise up and praise the God of Heaven. You begin your praise offering to God on empty but when you are finished praising God with all your heart and soul, you will be filled again. Magnify the Lord, with me, my friends, for He is worthy of all our praises.
Betty

Psalm 23
King James Version
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 20, 2021
Happy Saturday,

He Sought Me

It is not the sinner that searches for God. God in His love and mercies, first whispers into the heart of mankind, their need for salvation. God seeks sinners while they are still yet sinners and calls them to turn away from sin and turn to their Creator, who loved them.

The invitation comes from the God of Heaven who sent His Son to live and die so that God and mankind, could be reconciled. An act so precious that no other action can compare to it. A Heavenly Father who loved His children with such wonderous love that mankind cannot fully understand its value. He loved mankind even though mankind through Adam sinful choice rejected God and aligned himself with satan.

Ever since the moment Adam and Eve chose to sin, mankind has chosen evil over good, pride over humbleness, and rebellion over obedience.
In tenderness, God calls the sinner to come home. The sinner must decide for themselves. The sinner chooses their own eternity: Heaven or Hell.
Betty

In Tenderness He Sought

Representative Text
1 In tenderness He sought me,
Weary and sick with sin,
And on His shoulders brought me
Back to His fold again.
While angels in His presence sang
Until the courts of heaven rang.
Refrain:
O the love that sought me!
O the blood that bought me!
O the grace that brought me to the fold,
Wondrous grace that brought me to the fold!
2 He washed the bleeding sin-wounds
And poured in oil and wine;
He whispered to assure me,
“I’ve found thee, thou art Mine;”
I never heard a sweeter voice;
It made my aching heart rejoice! (Refrain)
3 He pointed to the nail prints,
For me His blood was shed,
A mocking crown so thorny
Was placed upon His head:
I wondered what He saw in me
To suffer such deep agony. (Refrain)
4 I’m sitting in His presence,
The sunshine of His face,
While with adoring wonder
His blessings I retrace:
It seems as if eternal days
Are far too short to sound His praise. (Refrain)
5 So while the hours are passing,
All now is perfect rest;
I’m waiting for the morning,
The brightest and the best,
When He will call us to His side,
To be with Him, His spotless bride. (Refrain)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Walk-in Love

2 John 6
King James Version
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

God showers us with His blessings, not only for our benefit but so those around us would see the love of Jesus through is. It is our love for God that drives us to want to live in obedience to Him.

Sadly, we Christians can often act like toddlers. We lose our temper. We are stubborn and refuse to take direction from our Heavenly Father. When we stop being rebellious and surrender our will to God we can live righteous lives.

Let our goal for today be to live in obedience to God, our Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 17, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

The Name of Jesus

There is no other name that has the power of the Name of Jesus. Amid the loudest storm, we can whisper His Name and He hears. We can whisper His Name down in the deepest ocean and yet the simple prayer of His Name, the Heavens awake to take action.

Magnificat words said to any other god brings nothing for the God of Heaven is the only God that exists. False God demand that we die for them. The One, True God sent His Only Son to die to redeem us. There is only redemption in the name of Jesus.

John 10:1 King James Version
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 10:9 King James Version
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus taught us to pray in His Name:

John 14:13-14
King James Version
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Redemption through the precious blood of Jesus opens the gates of Heaven. What a glorious God we serve! He chose to die to redeem us and He chooses to walk side by side His children. When we sin, He does not leave us. No! No! His sweet Holy Spirit convicts us of sin so that we can seek forgiveness and walk-in Righteousness.

Do not become bog down by this world’s evil. For now, we must live in this evil world, but God has not left us alone. He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us and live in our hearts. Glorify the God of Heaven and seek His Will in your life daily. When the devil overwhelms you, cry out to Jesus and He will help and sustain you. The burdens we carry are temporary and our Heavenly Home is eternal.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Do Not Underestimate The Little Things

Often it is the little things that make a difference in our lives. When we cannot find our keys and we pray and God guides us to our keys, at that moment is a big thing.

We are often blessed by the little things that others do for us. Little things that can turn a bad day into a good day. Be grateful for the little things and pray that God will use us each day to brighten the day for those around us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 15, 2021
Happy Monday,

God Knows What We Are Going Through

“Promise #74:
I see all your hardships and I care about your suffering.

Psalm 31:7 (WEB)
I will be glad and rejoice in your loving kindness,
for you have seen my affliction.
You have known my soul in adversities”

God is not blind to our suffering. Not is His heart cold to our suffering. Everything we go through is part of God’s plans. The devil would love it if we were to blame God and become bitter. It is so much better if we relax and trust that God knows best.

The journey of life is not a straight line on a flat road. We walk through valleys and we climb mountains. Each stage of our journey is a teaching moment and a turns our hearts into fertile ground so that the seeds God plants in us can grow.

We cannot see the fruits of our trees because we are at ground level, but one day God will show us our journey and the many fruits that He grew in us, so we could be a blessing to others and a servant in His Kingdom.

I pray that God will comfort and encourage all of His children today, with merciful blessings.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Be Content And Not Be Content

Hebrews 13:5King James Version
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

We should be content with what we have. This life is temporary and so are our belongings. We should not compare our belongings to others, but be satisfied with what we have. There is always going to be those who have less than what we have and those who have more.

The area we do not want to be content in is our spiritual life. We should always strive to be growing spiritually and strong in our faith in God. Seeking to walk daily in Spirit and Truth. Each day we pray for guidance and seek help from our Heavenly Father so we can be faithful children walking in the grace of our Lord and Savior.

Pray that our words reflect our Heavenly Father so that others see Jesus in us. When we fall, get back up, and pray for forgiveness, and continue our walk with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13, 2021
Happy Saturday

“The Words Of My Mouth”

Psalm 19:14. King James Version
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

In a day many words come out of our mouths. Some words are good and encouraging, other words are just foolishness, but God forbid, some words are evil.

There is nothing wrong with joking around and some words are said in fun. Evil words, on the other hand can hurt. When we say words that put ourselves, down all the time, we weaken ourselves. When we gossip, we hurt not only the person we are talking about, but the listener and ourselves. When we feed on gossip we are tearing little holds in our souls.

When we use our words as a weapon against another, we are using a double edge sword that injuries us and the person we are angry at. We too often allow anger to dictate the words.

Proverbs 4:23King James Version
 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

When we stay prayed up and take our anger to God and seek forgiveness and healing of our hearts, we will find less hurtful words. When we pray for those who are caught up in sin, we will find ourselves less inclined to gossip. When another person starts to tell us gossip, say to them that we need to stop talking bad about them and pray for them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 12, 2021
Happy Friday,

Be Teachable

We must not only come to Jesus with child-like faith, but we must also be willing to learn. Have you ever tried to teach an adult something new, but in their pride they were not willing to accept the help? It is frustrating for you and them.

From birth to death we are on a journey. God wants to teach us and mold us into the person that He designed us to be. Too often stubbornness and pride keeps us from learning. Too often we must go through the same trial more than once because we become angry and sin.

Every day let us wake up with an open heart and mind willing to learn that day what God in His love wants to teach us. When we do this we will grow spiritually and our faith will be strengthened.
Betty

Psalm 36:11 King James Version
11 Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 11, 2021
Happy Thursday,

God Knows Me

There are days that I am confused and that is okay. None of us knows what tomorrow holds and that is okay. Why are those things okay? The God of Heaven knows everything. He knows us and He knows our future.

Whatever we are going through can be dealt with, with peace of heart, because God gives us Heavenly peace. In His presence, we can relax. When we stop fighting against the things we cannot change and seek help and contentment from God, we can stop the struggle and relax in God’s arms.

Bad days are indeed coming, but these things will not take God by surprise. We can ask God to prepare us emotionally and spiritually to face the future and He will! Let us not spend today, worrying about our tomorrows but fully trust that God will equip us for battle and He will be with us every step.
Betty

Ephesians 6:11-24
King James Version
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:
22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 10, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Come As A Little Child

Matthew 18:3-4
King James Version
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I was saved as a child of 7 and because of this, I have always had a child-like faith. I believe what the Bible says, just as a young child believes what their parents say. This does not mean I do not sin nor get in trouble because of my stubbornness and a desire to wander.

Jesus wants us to have a child-like faith, not because we need to be naive to believe the Bible. On the contrary, it takes strong faith and putting on the armor of God to resist the devil and his demons.

To receive salvation we must humble ourselves before God. People often get in serious trouble because they will not admit that they need help. It is hard for me to ask for help, so I understand. It takes humility to ask for help from God, family, and friends. We have to admit that we cannot do everything on our own, that we need help.

When we see God as our Heavenly Father and view ourselves as His children we can seek His help and His guidance. Every person is afraid of something, as a Christian we can take our fears to God.

We want to grow spiritually. We want to be able to digest the meat of the Gospel, but let us never lose that child-like faith, that stands in awe of our great God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 9, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Lord, Give Us Wisdom”

James 1:5 King James Version
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In this day and age, we need wisdom more than ever. We look around us and see many people who did great things in the Name of the Lord, fall from grace. Not only is it disheartening, but it can also cause us to fear.

As I continue to write my blog, I am mindful of the changes that are happening to my brain. If I think on that too long, I become fearful of embarrassing my God and my Savior with mistakes. Yet, God in loving kindness reminds me that He will guide me.

When we turn our eyes off of our fears and focus our hearts and minds on God, He will strengthen our resolve and take away our fears. Too often great men and women fall away from God because of pride. When we remember that anything we do for God, is because God had blessed us with a gift, then we can easily give all the glory to God for the success we have.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 8, 2021
Happy Monday,

The Love of God
“Promise #67:
I have brought you close through the blood of Christ. 
Ephesians 2:13 (WEB)
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off
are made near in the blood of Christ.”

We cannot fathom the true cost of our salvation and the cost to the Heavenly Father and Jesus. We are so very blessed by God’s love for us. In God’s great love for us, He called us to come and receive salvation and the gift of eternity in Heaven.

Whether you are suffering physically or dealing with stress we have a loving God, who calls us to come to Him and receive help. He will sustain us. He will give us the strength to face another day.

My friends, let us rejoice in the loving relationship we have with our God and Savior. Reach out a hand to fellow Christians who have been overcome by the cares of this world. Remind each other that we are loved and of our future in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 6, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Living For God In Evil Times

Genesis 6:8 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

It is easy to become discouraged today. When good is considered evil and evil good. Yet Noah worked hard and shared God to anyone who would listen, for one hundred years and got not one convert. He was laughed at, scorned, and consider crazy, yet he pressed on.

In the scheme of things what the world thinks about us should matter little to us. It is what God thinks of us that should matter. The people of this world do not determine our eternal destination, God does. Let us live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. Everyday seeking to live in God’s Will and praising His Name.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 5, 2021
Happy Friday,

The Finished Line

We know we are closed to the finish line, but we cannot see it. Is it this week, next month or next year? We must keep our trust in God even though we cannot see the finish line. We must not give up. The angels in Heaven are rejoicing at our progress and are cheering us on.

“Philippians 3:14New King James Version
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Our eyes must be on God and our faith secure in the Word of God. We cannot allow every new ‘religious idea’ lead us down a sinful path but hold on to the truth of the Gospel. When we do this, the Holy Spirit will warn us of false teaching.

The world scoffs at the idea that Jesus is doing back for His Church.

2 Peter 3:4 King James Version
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

We must not allow the world to influence us. Jesus promised to come back for us and He will keep His promise. With daily prayer and Bible reading, we can keep our faith secure and firm. Press on my friends, the prize that awaits us is Heaven, and what a joyful day it will be when we enter the gates of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 4, 2021
Happy Thursday,

God’s Unending Love

“Promise #63:
Though the mountains vanish, My unending love with never leave you.

Isaiah 54:10 (WEB)
For the mountains may depart, and the hills be removed;
but my loving kindness shall not depart from you,
neither shall my covenant of peace be removed,”
says Yahweh who has mercy on you.”

Human love can die, marriages crumble, and friendships end, but God’s love for His children is eternal. We can rest securely on this promise. God in His mercy will forgive us of our sins if we only ask. God’s concern is steady and is not govern by His moods.

We are loved by all parts of the Godhead. God does not tolerate us because Jesus loves us too. For it was the love of God that sent His only Son to die for us.

John 17:23New International Version
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Let us not get caught up in the hatred the world has for true Christians, who stand firm against sin. Remember the world also hated Jesus. What the world thinks of us, will not mean a thing on judgment day. Rejoice in your salvation and stand firmly in the truth of God. Do not allow the world's beliefs to derail you from the truth of the Gospel. If the world thinks Christians are foolish, then let us be foolish for our God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 2, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Meet The Lord In The Air”

1 Thessalonians 4:17 King James Version
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I was thinking of this verse when I woke up. I am so excited waiting on the rapture, that I had bypassed the part of meeting the Lord in the air. Meeting the Lord in the air!

Truth is, if God had said He would send an lesser angel to get us, we would still be happy. What a wonderful thought that Jesus will come for us! What an enormous blessing it is for Jesus to leave His Throne to come for us! Praise God!

The world may look down on us and call us delusional, but we are precious in the eyes of God. Don’t allow the devil and his people to determine your attitude about yourself. You are special to the One that counts, God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 28, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

“Help Me, Lord!”

We can become weary, overwhelmed, and exhausted. There are times that when praying over our meals, our mind is barely on the prayer. May God in His love forgive us. When I am having a bad day with my lungs, I can barely get the words out. My friend our God is merciful and patient with His children.

He hears us when we cry out “Help me, Lord! When it looks like the car behind us at a red light, will not be able to stop. He hears us when we cry out in pain. Even when we have moved away from Him, He hears our prayers seeking forgiveness and draws closer to us.

May we remember to communicate with our God throughout the day. May we praise His Holy Name along with seeking His help for ourselves, our family, and friends.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 27, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Overcomers

Revelation 3:21
King James Version
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Can you imagine the excitement you would have if you met President Trump and shook hands with Him? We would beg for a picture taken with him and we would send a copy to all our family and friends. Yet, that is nothing compared to the joy we will have to sit with Jesus in his throne!

I used to hear it say that if I could get to Heaven by the skin of my teeth! and I used to agree. No more my friend. By the grace of God, I want to be an overcomer. I want to hear Jesus say this:

“Matthew 25:23?King James Version
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”

Christians let us strive to live faithful and true for our Lord and Savior! May God help us live for Him daily and seek to please Him everyday. Let our actions not bring shame to the God. May our heart sing “Glory to God in the Highest and praises to His great Name!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 26, 2021
Happy Friday,

Heaven Awaits Us

“Promise #57:
When your body fails, you have an eternal home waiting for you. 

2 Corinthians 5:1 (WEB)
For we know that if the earthly house of our tent is dissolved,
we have a building from God, a house not made with hands,
eternal, in the heavens.”

As we get older, our bodies change. We can no longer do the things we used to do. We get tired more quickly. We have pains in places we never even gave a thought to. There is a reason for this. As we age we begin to long for a new body.

Our minds become focused on Heaven and things that used to worry us are no longer a concern to us. God wants us to be more focused on Him and less focused on the world. When we do that we will find more peace of mind. This is not our Home. We are waiting for our real home where we will be safe and secure in the presence of God. Hold on to the promise of Heaven, and keep your trust in God.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 25, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Seeking Peace

This world is sliding into evil faster than a snowball rolling down a mountain. Sadly, they have no shame. People eat up evil like it is candy. Women’s lives will be subjected to danger when transgender men can be in the bathroom, dressing room, and even in women’s prison. Children will not be protected from this evil when grown men are allowed in public bathrooms.

We see evil growing so we must pray over our families that God will protect them. We must prepare our hearts so that we will be ready when the trumpet blows. It is easy for us to become agitated at what the world is doing but seek perfect peace from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 24, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Living in the Will of God

The closer we get to God, the more we desire to live in His Will. The more we desire to please Him. The result of this is that we grow spiritually and experience more peace of mind. For we are assured, that even when God directs us down paths of stony and painful territory, He knows best.

When we take our eyes off God and seek selfish desires our path may seem more comfortable but it leads to loss. Our spiritual health suffers and we lose our peace. The further we move away from God the more open we are to dangers. We can become more vulnerable to false teaching. Our faith in God grows weaker and so does our resistance to sin.

Let us live as obedient children of God and strive to walk in God’s Will. When we do this we will face more trials but we will have more peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 23, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Do Not Be Double-Minded

James 1:8 King James Version
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Matthew 6:24 King James Version
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

A great lady in the Church I grew up in was a Spirit-filled great teacher of the Word of God. We moved away for four years and we return, she told with a mischievous laugh: “I am not the woman, I used to be. I read a book.” Soon I found to my dismay that she had become a new-age Christian. She no longer accepted the Bible as infallible but chose to believe in things contrary to the Bible. This broke my heart.

From then on, I felt uncomfortable around her. It was as if the Holy Spirit was warning me not to get too close to her, lest I begin to accept her false beliefs.

Christians we must be on guard that we do not fall into believing false teaching. The devil can make lies look so pretty. We can even feel superior, thinking our new beliefs are more modern and accepted by the world. God did not save us so we can be accepted by the world. The world’s views are contrary to God’s Holy Word. Many of the beliefs and world’s standards are evil.

We must stand firm in the teachings of God so we are not led astray by the devil. If you believe abortion and homosexuality is a sin, you will not be accepted by the world and sadly many Christians. God helps us to stay true to Him and His Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22,2021
Happy Monday,

“The Flesh Is Weak

Matthew 26:41 King James Version
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Have you ever awoken for the day and you feel like you can face anything? You decide you are going to get everything done on your to do list and your going to shine for God----and then the shoe drops.

You spill your coffee on your clothes and have to change. You look for your grocery list and spend 10 minutes looking for it. You are all set to go and you cannot find your keys. You find the keys and either the dog has an accident in the house or the cat vomits on the floor.

All that feeling of shining for God has left. In fact, you are in a mood that people better tip-toe around you are they may get a harsh comment. Does this mean that we should give up on shining God’s light into the world? No!

When things start to go wrong stop and pray. Running through the house like a cat high on catnip is not going to help you find your keys. A few minutes of prayer will not only help you relax, but you can pray that God will guide you to where the keys are.

The devil is going to fight us at every turn but we can find help and peace from God. Do not be too hard on yourself. Everyone misplaced things. Permit yourself to make mistakes. Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself and your day will go much better.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 21, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

The Trinity

The Godhead is hard to understand for many. When I was in Junior High, I when thru a stage that I was convinced that I would offend one part of the Godhead in my prayers. So I prayed to God, then Jesus, and then the Holy Spirit, so I would not hurt their feelings.

I believe that God saw my age and confusion and heard all three of my prayers. It was not until I was in my thirties that understood that the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins and guides us to God. Jesus is our intercessor to God, so we pray to God, in the Name of Jesus.

Philippians 2:9-11
King James Version
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God our Heavenly Father is a patience God who understands our difficulties. With my brain issues, I can still go body to the throne of God and know that He will hear my prayers, even in my moments of confusion. We can go and speak to God honestly and He not only hears our prayers, but He is concerned about us. He does not dismiss even the smallest issue we have for our concerns are important to Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 20, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Be Strong in the Lord”

Ephesians 6:10 King James Version
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

We can be strong in the Lord. We do not have to be windblown like leaves but keep our faith firm and steady in God. We do not have to be lead a stray by false Teachers and Preachers, but confirm everything we hear by the Word of God.

1 John 4
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. ...

The Apostle John warns us deceiving spirits and prophets, who speak a different Gospel than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are many who say that Jesus is not God. The Jewish Leaders, hated Him because He did say He was God. Let us not turn away from the truth so close to the rapture. To deny the deity of Jesus is a very dangerous thing to do.

Hold fast to the truth of the Gospel and keep our trust firmly in Jesus our Savior and Lord. God help us to walk in Your truths and not be lead astray by evil spirits.
Betty

Psalm 121
King James Version
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 19, 2021
Happy Friday,

There are so many questions and so few answers. Texas has power and water, but the water needs to be boiled. Stores are extremely low on bottled water and food. Texans are suffering. With all this going there are still people fighting to survive COVID.

With all the things going, we wonder why God is taking so long to come and get His children. Them we remember that has had a plan since before mankind was created. We must never forget that complete trust in God is required if want to please God. Not only is it required to please God, but trust is necessary if we want to have peace of mind.

When we stop and take a deep breath and remind ourselves that God has kept the moon and stars in places for ages, we can trust Him to provide for us in every circumstance. Yet, even so like the Apostle John said:

“Revelation 22:20
King James Version
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement