Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names / Christian Search Engine
Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 1, 2021
Wednesday,

Surrendering All To God

Surrendering all to God is not easy. In the past, I have said to God, I surrender all but my kids. No mother wants to live longer than their children. When Jeff was so sick, I cried and prayed throughout the day every day. I was so sure God would not take him, that I refused to release him to God’s will. At the time, I refuse to believe God’s will could possibly be different than mine, when it came to my son.

Even when Jeff died, I still refused to surrender Jeff to God, but spent two months questioning myself and God. In doing so I opened myself up to the devil’s attacks. He gladly gave me reasons it was my fault Jeff died.

It was only when I surrendered to the will of God that I found peace. I am still a mother and I often tell God that I do not understand why God chose to take my son from his wife and toddler, but now the question is said with acceptance of God’s will.

As we draw closer to the of the age of grace, God wants us to completely surrender ourselves to Him, just as He instructed us to take up our cross and follow Him. We must not hang on to anyone or anything above our love for Christ. We can pray for mercy, but our love for God must come above all.

I have sat in Church and sang the song “I Surrender All” almost all my life, but actually doing so was much harder than I ever dreamed it would be, but I did not find peace until I actually, surrendered to God’s will. We must put our faith in action. When we do so we will find victory. Jesus defeated death on the cross. No longer are we children without hope for we have the promise of a great reunion in Heaven for our saved loved ones. What a glorious reunion, it will be!
Betty!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 4298 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 30, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Letting Go

We hold on to things that can separate us from complete trust in God. The devil likes to remind us of past sins, sins that God has forgiven us of. There is nothing to be gained, by condemning ourselves of what has been forgiven.

The devil will bring up times from the past when we were wronged by someone else. There is nothing to be gained by watching reruns of past hurts in your mind. Forgive people who have hurt us in the past and move on. When the devil brings up something from the past, remind the devil that you have forgiven and moved on.

Even the things we did for God in the past, we have to move on from. We are not serving God in the present if all we do is sit around and pat ourselves on the back for past accomplishments. We may not be physically able to do what we accomplished in the past now, but we can still serve God today. Pray for one another and pray for sinners. Pray for your Pastor and His wife. Pray for persecuted Christians around the world. In other words, pray and worship God.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 4298 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 29, 2021
Happy Monday,

Longing For Heaven

“Promise #333:
An everlasting city awaits you, for I am not ashamed to be called your God. 

Hebrews 11:16 (WEB)
But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one.
Therefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God,
for he has prepared a city for them.”

In the 60’s Bob Dylan, wrote a song with the line “The Times Are A-Changing”. In the last year things have changed in so many ways, it is hard to keep up.

This world is becoming scary and we do not know what the future holds. What we do know is that, if we are saved, we are not alone. Our Heavenly Father walks with us and He offers comfort and sustains us.

I will always miss my son, Jeff, but I am little by little beginning to surrender Him to God. There will still be bad times, but I can rest in the knowledge, that Jeff is at peace with God.

We need not fear the future because we have the hope of eternity in the presence of our Lord and Savior. We need not fear the days ahead. We keep our trust daily in Jesus and look forward to our blessed hope in Heaven.
Betty

Revelation 22:12-17
Open menu
New King James Version
Open menu

Jesus Testifies to the Churches
12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the [a]Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
14 Blessed are those who [b]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 [c]But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

“A Relationship for Eternity”

He who has My commandments, and keeps them, he it is who loves Me: and he who loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him. John 14:21

God did not send His Son to live and die to purchase our redemption with His Holy blood for us just to be acquaintances. Our salvation is an adoption into the family.

The precious gift of Jesus redeems us into the Heavenly Family so that we can have a relationship for eternity with the Godhead. We choose the kind of relationship we have with God, ourselves. God wants a very close relationship with us.

We can hinder this relationship by our sins. Sins, that we refuse to turn away from, build a wall between us and God. The longer we live in sin, the further away from God we become. If we are not careful, we will become backsliders.

When we seek salvation and continue to live in sin, we are not saved. We must make the choice to choose salvation over our sin. Eternity is too long to give into sin over salvation.

The more we get to know God, the more our love should grow for God. The stronger our love for God, the more we should yearn to please God. When we live to please God and walk and communicate with God daily, we can have a strong relationship with God.
Betty

https://youtu.be/NuSYYTxlq8o

Representative Text
1 I am weak but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
2 Thro' this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. [Refrain]
3 When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. [Refrain]
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 27, 2021
Happy Saturday,

We Serve A Good God

Psalms 107:1
“O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”

In the midst of a storm, we can still feel the mercies and the love God has for us. It is amid the storms that we offer up to God the sacrifice of praise. Even if at first we start praising God out of obligation, the Holy Spirit will melt away the chaff and we will find ourselves praising God from our heart.

We are to offer up thanksgiving to God in anticipation of the answer to our prayers. This is our faith in action when can give thanks for something we believe we will receive in the future. By faith, we give thanks for our home in Heaven, but one day we will behold Heaven with our own eyes.

If we look around, we will see the many ways God has blessed us. We take for granted so many things that in poor Countries, people would think they are rich to have what we are.

Do not envy the rich sinners. This is earth is the closest they will ever get to Heaven. Instead, pray for the salvation of all sinners.

Remember whatever we are going through we serve a good and loving God. Praise Him every day, despite our circumstances.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

Isaiah 43:2

“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”

Matthew 28:20

“Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 26, 2021
Happy Friday,

A Heart of Thanksgiving

“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15”

People who want to cancel Thanksgiving, do not realize that Thanksgiving Day, do not realize that this day has moved beyond its beginning. It has become a day of Remembrance. Remembering all the many things we have to be thankful for.

Our Country has come along way since her birth. She has made her mistakes and suffered tragedies, but God has seen her through them all.
We can sit around a table with family and friends and still express our thankfulness for the freedoms that we still enjoy.

Thanksgiving Day is still a day we gather with family and friends remind each other of all that we have to give thanks to our Heavenly Father, for.
Like our Country, we have suffered personal loss, but we should have a heart of thankfulness and count our many blessings.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 24, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

The Spirit of Thanksgiving

Being thankful does not mean that your life is perfect. Amid a great loss in our family, we can still be grateful for what we have. Tomorrow will be the first family celebration without our son, Jeff. All of us will be affected by him not being with us as we gather around the table. There will be a great sadness of not seeing him there.

Yet, as we gathered together, we can still be thankful for each family member that sits at the table. As we look at each other we can comfort each other with the knowledge that we all be together again in Heaven one day.

I am thankful for my daughter and her husband, my granddaughter and her husband, my daughter-in-law, and her daughter (my granddaughter).
I am grateful that we can all be together.

Even with the stressful times in our country, we have a lot to be grateful for. The majority of us have a roof over our heads and food on our tables. We are blessed by God.

Tomorrow let us grieve our loss and then praise God for what we have. May we make cherished memories with our families.
Betty

Psalms 100:4
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”

Psalms 69:30
“ I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.”

Colossians 4:2
“Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 23, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Grounded In His Love”

“Promise #327:
I will root your heart in the depths of My love. 

Ephesians 3:17 (WEB)
that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
to the end that you, being rooted and grounded in love,”

God wants us to be grounded in His love. When we are grounded in His love, we can face attacks by the devil. Grieving comes in waves. When I went to bed last night, I was overcome by a wave of grief. The devil used that moment to attack me mentally.

At first, I thought I was defenseless, but then the Holy Spirit helped me, reminding me that God was with me. I was able to call out to God and release my anger and confusion.

We will face attacks by the devil, but when we are rooted in God’s love, the Holy Spirit will come to us and give us the tools we need to defeat the devil.

In these last days, the devil is seeking to destroy Christians's faith and trust in God. Trying to make us feel abandoned by God, but we call out to God, we will see He has never left us. We can call out to God and He will help us fight against the lies of the devil.

Whatever we are going through, we can find shelter in the arms of God. He will give us peace in the midst of the storm. We can abide in the love of God, by communicating through the day with God and reading His Word.
Betty

James 4:7
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 22, 2021
Monday 22, 2021

Important To God

We are not just an ant in the middle of the universe, to God. He knows us. He knows when we rise up out of our beds and He knows when we fall asleep at night. He knows our hearts and our minds. He knows our sorrows, fears, and our joys.

In the midst of the grief process, we can begin to feel that God no longer cares about us, but that is a lie from the devil. Amid our darkest moment, God is there. Even when we do not feel His presence, He is with us.

The suffering of our great loss, does not mean that God loves us less than others. Nothing we did, caused the death of our loved ones. We must stop blaming ourselves and accept that our loved one was meant to leave this world at the moment it happen.

Their death did not mean that they were no longer valuable to God. Their death meant that their allotted time on this earth we finished and God chose to bring them into His presence. We must finish our journey on this earth. We can continue to be used by God for His glory. Our mission for God is important. We serve Him, because we love Him.
Betty

John 4:24
King James Version
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 21, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Return To Me

Romans 12:2 New King James Version
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Too many Christians have conformed to the morals of this world. Accepting sin as acceptable and becoming politically correct. God is calling His children to return to Him and to repent of their sins and be transformed by the Holy Spirit.

1 Peter 4:17
“For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?”

Judgment will soon come upon this sinful world but first God will judge His people. It is time to believe what the Bible says. To no longer be a lukewarm Christian but to be on fire for God. It is a dangerous place for a Christian to become lukewarm.

Revelation 3:16
“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”

It is time for God’s children to rise up and become faithful children and seeking the Holy Spirit to transform our minds into minds that reflect God’s truths and not the morals of the world. It is time to take a stand and reject sin. We must decide what is more important to us, pleasing God or the world around us.

If we do not change our hearts and minds we will find ourselves filled with shame when we face God. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to search our hearts and to show us any sin that is hidden in our hearts so that we can repent before the rapture.
Psalms 139:23 - 139:24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

May this be our prayer to God everyday.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 20, 2021
Happy Saturday,

A New Normal

Ever since COVID arrived on the scene we have been hearing about the new normal. By now we have realized that there is no going back to the old normal. Even with the jab, you cannot enter a medical establishment without a mask.

When you lose a child or a mate you never go back to what you used to be. You either become bitter and angry or you cling to your faith in God and grow spiritually.

You will always suffer from the loss. As much as you love your remaining family and cherish them, there will always be that empty spot where your loved one is not there. There is no pretending that there will not always be a hole in your heart left by that person.

What should do? We remind ourselves that our saved loved one is in the presence of God. We remind ourselves that there will come a day when we will join them in Heaven. For now, we cherish our remaining family and pray for God to bless and protect them.

We determine in ourselves that with the help of God that we will not be the same person that we were before our great loss, but with the help of God we will grow spiritually and our faith in God will grow.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:14 - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Psalms 116:15 - Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Psalms 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 19, 2021
Happy Friday,

Dealing With Loss

We cannot make it through loss, by pretending that we are not suffering. We cannot make it through suffering by painting a smile on our faces. We must accept the loss and walk through the period of grief. There is no purpose accomplished by pretending.

Lamentations 3:20-24
New Living Translation
I will never forget this awful time,
    as I grieve over my loss.
Yet I still dare to hope
    when I remember this:
The faithful love of the Lord never ends![a]
    His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!”

We walk through our grieving period by keeping our eyes on God. We remind ourselves of the mercies and the faithfulness of God. We accept that we are not a superhuman and reach out to God for help. We ask God to help us to not be bitter but to grow spiritually through our grieving process.

We have accepted that the death of our loved one was God’s will and now we ask God to accomplish His will through us, as we live out our days. We pray that we will continue to be God’s light shining bright in a world darkened by sin and lawlessness. That when people look at us that they see the love of Jesus shine even in the darkest time in our lives.

Even in times of grief, we can live in hope knowing we will be with our loved one again, in Heaven. We rejoice that they are in the arms of almighty God and we live in hope that one day we will be there also.

Lamentations 3:23
New Living Translation
23 Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.

Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 18, 2021
Happy Thursday,

God Looks For Us

“Promise #322:
I look throughout the earth to strengthen those who belong to Me. 

2 Chronicles 16:9 (WEB)
For the eyes of Yahweh run back and forth throughout the whole earth,
to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.”

How marvelous it is to know that God looks for us! We are Christians because God reached out to us in the first place. It was the sweet Holy Spirit that convicted us of our sins and our need of salvation. No one became a Christian by accident. We were called by God to be part of His family.

Knowing we are called by God does not make us better than anyone. It is out of God’s love for mankind that we were called to salvation. We are often guilty of taking for granted the great cost of our salvation. We take for granted how marvelous it is to walk and talk to God daily.

Our life may not be where we want them to be at the moment. We may be suffering from grief or physical pain but we are not alone on this journey. God is with us every day and we have the glory of Heaven awaiting us, at the end of our journey.
Betty

https://youtu.be/CDdvReNKKuk

1. Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.
3. Through many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
4. The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.
5. Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
6. The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
7. When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 17, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Walking Through The Fire

Hubby came through surgery just fine and we praise God for that. Many Christians are walking through trials today. We can become overwhelmed
and easily discouraged. Do not pretend that you are okay when you are not. Be honest with yourself and God. We know the truth about ourselves and so does God.

Admit that you are broken. There is no shame in being broken. Sometimes pottery has to be broken in order to reform the piece to beauty. God is putting His children through fires in order to refine us. We can fight against the fire or we can surrender to God.

This does not mean we will not have days that we grieve and cry. God loves us and He will comfort us. Let us seek to grow into what God wants us to be. This is not the season to want to be dormant and be satisfied with the status quo. Our desire should be to grow in grace and faith.

May God give us physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to not just survive but to thrive in our walk with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 16, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Hurry and Wait

Hubby is in the holding area, waiting for surgery. It seems we spend a lot of waiting in life. Waiting doesn’t have to be wasted time. We can take time to reflect on our lives. We can remind ourselves of the many prayers that God has answered in our lives. We can remind ourselves to be grateful and thankful to God for providing the many things we need. God is faithful to His children.

We should want to be faithful to God. Faithful in expressing our gratefulness and love to our Heavenly Father. To be faithful in praying for one another. We look forward to the day God will come for His children. Until then let us strife to be faithful and true to God.
Betty

Matthew 25:23
Open menu
New King James Version
Open menu

23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 15, 2021
Happy Monday,

“How Beautiful Heaven Must Be”

“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:2-3).

Revelation 21:13 - 21:21

Revelation Chapter 21

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

We cannot imagine the beauty of Heaven. It is beyond our scope of imagination. Anyone who has a loved one who is residing there, looks forward with great anticipation of being reuniting with them again. The greatest gift of Heaven is being in the presence of God.

There will be no sickness, no pain, and no crime. There will be everlasting peace. Jesus paid for our ticket with His own blood and suffered greatly, so that we can be with Him for eternity.

Just as we cannot grasp the beauty of Heaven, we can not grasp the concept of eternity, but one day we will experience eternity. For now we seek to live in the will of God, not out of obligation, but out of love for God. We want to please God because we love Him.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 12, 2021
Happy Friday,

Walk In The Light

Psalm 119:105
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

To walk in truth, we must know the truth. Jesus is the Word and we can know Him by studying His Holy Word. If we know the truth. Then we will not find ourselves led astray by false teaching.

There is a lot of false teaching in the world today and they use just enough Scripture so they can trick others. If we study the Word of God, we will be able to identify false teaching. This is very important that we know and understand truth over false teaching.

We are living in the days that the Bible warned us about. The world today that engages in sins that are so unspeakable that they rival the days of Noah. The devil and his demons roam the earth looking for someone to destroy. We must prepare our hearts so that we are not misled by those who have left the truth of the Gospel, to promote the lies of the devil.

Living on cotton candy Gospel will not prepare us to battle the devil and he is in active war with the Saints.

1 Peter 5:8
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”

We need not live in fear. We must put on the whole armor of God and prepare our hearts and minds to recognize false teachings.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 10, 2021
Happy Thursday,

The Grieving Process

“Promise #315:
Come boldly to My throne when you need to find mercy and grace.

Hebrews 4:16 (WEB)
Let us therefore draw near with boldness to the throne of grace,
that we may receive mercy, and may find grace for help in time of need.”

We cannot rush the grieving process. We can only take one day at a time. We should be grateful for every good day we have. This does not mean that we will not have bad days. Yet we still rejoice for the good days.

With the Lord’s help, we still fight to live each day for the glory of God. Even in days of mourning, we want to live in the will of God. Living in the will of God is not pretending that we are not hurting. It is accepting the will of God, despite our circumstances.

Mourning the loss of your child, does not diminish your love for the child or children that you still have. In fact, your situation should make you grateful for the family that is still with you.

Things do get better and God does shower us with His mercy and grace, even amid painful times. The more we cling to God the more we will feel His love for us. There will be times that we will have a meltdown, but when we seek the face of God, He will pick us up and surround us with His great love.

While we did not choose this journey for ourselves, we will find peace when we accept that this journey is God’d will. Instead of fighting against our circumstances, we surrender to the will of God. On bad days allow yourself to cry and grieve. On good days rejoice in the mercy and grace of the Lord.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 9,2021
Happy Tuesday,

Growing In Grace

The grieving process takes time. You do not wake up one morning, finding yourself beyond the finish line. It takes surviving each day until each day becomes a week, and then a month and then another month.

The same with spiritual growth. With grieving you take a few steps forward only to fall back a few steps. Growing spiritually is the same. We make progress only to find ourselves falling back into a petty sneaky sin. One that we thought we had already conquered.

We must not allow setbacks to cause us to lose our way. We repent and keep walking in faith in God. God did not call us to be perfect but to be faithful. Being faithful does not mean we will not have setbacks. Being faithful is getting back up and continuing to walk with the Lord. We may falter and we may fall down, but we get back up and we continue our spiritual journey. We do not give up because we love God and He loves us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 7, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Suffering A Loss

Several months ago my husband had to have two toes, amputated. Although the area where the toes were removed has healed, he will have to deal with this loss for the rest of his life.

When we lose a loved one, they leave behind a hole that no one can replace. Day by day, with the help of God we will slowly heal, but the hole our loved ones left, will always be a reminder of what we lost.

Suffering the lost of a child does not diminish the importance of the child or children that are still with us. In fact we should praise God everyday for those we still have. Being sad for the loss of a child does mean that you do not love your other children.

We had two children and we are very blessed to have our daughter, Jennifer and Jeff’s wife: Sarah, still with us. While we grieve our loss, we celebrate what we still have and are grateful to God for both Jennifer and Sarah.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 6, 2021
Happy Saturday

Traveling Through The Dessert

Isaiah 44:3 - 44:4
3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

When going through a great trial, you will,spend time in the dessert. There will be days that you accept this journey. There will be days that you react in anger. Most of all you will most likely hate your time in the dessert.

Every day there is a new battle. Your emotions will be all over the place. One minute you may fall into depression, the next moment, you may feel at peace, only to be hit out of nowhere by anger.

Even amid confusion and depression, you can reach out to God and seek His face. There will be times that those around you grow weary of hearing your complaints but God will always listen to your cries for help.

These are the times it is beneficial to cry out to God. We can tell God that we are angry about our situation without disrespecting Him. We must remember that our days in the desert are not a waste of time. We can grow spiritually in these painful days.

When we grow weary, we must encourage ourselves in the Lord. We do not have to die in the desert but seek to grow and mature in the desert. Above all praising God on good and bad days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2021
Happy Friday,

Self-Control

We do not have complete control in very many situations in our lives. This is scary to Christians and none Christians. Life is not math. In math you work out an equation and if you work it out correctly, you will get the correct answer every time.

Mankind makes their plans and follows a set of rules only to only have our plans fall into broken pieces at our feet. Our spiritual walk is not about us never falling or never breaking.

Our spiritual health is what we do after we are broken. There will be anger and denying anger does not make anger go away nor does it protect us and those around us from the anger.

Our spiritual health can us to begin to heal. Picking up pieces of glass off the floor is painful and time consuming. We can easily feel like sweeping these pieces up and throw them in a garbage bin. Yet, we do not have to pick up the pieces by ourselves. We can seek help from our Heavenly Father.

There will be days that we cannot even see the pieces from our tears. There will be days that our only desire is to give up. We do ourselves a disservice when we pretend that these times do not exist. Maybe on some days it would be better not to do anything but rest in God’s loving arms.

There is so much anger in the world. Anger so strong that it destroys a person’s ability to feel compassion for others. This is why we hear of people who commit crimes against each other and feel no remorse. This is why when we feel anger, we must take it to God and prat that we do not give into bitterness.

We are not always in control and there will be times that we are not able to even control our own actions and reactions. One thing we can control is what we do in these circumstances. We must choose to seek God and to seek His comfort.
Betty

https://www.guideposts.org/bible-verses/bible-verses-for-grief/6-bible-verses-to-comfort-the-grieving

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 4, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Comfort In The Storm

On November 3, 1993 our youngest sister passed away. My sister, Beverly, and I did our best to step up and help my mom and dad. We did our best, but the truth is our parents, were never the same. I think as Christian parents, there is this feeling that God would never allow anything to happen to our children. I believe it takes a long time to come to grips with the fact that our Heavenly Father would choose to allow His children to suffer such a tragedy as this.

While we may have complete faith in trust in God, there is still a part of us that will never understand on this side of Heaven, why God would choose to allow His children that He loves to suffer in such a way as this. I am not sure this kind of pain ever goes away. My parents lived a long time after my sister passed away but they were never the same again.

I wish I had an answer to help those who are in the same shoes as me to understand, but the truth is I do not understand. I can see no purpose, rhyme, or reason why God chose to allow Jeff to die. Two months into this, all I can see is pain.

Yet despite the deep hurt that hits me every day, there is still faith in my heart that God does know best. I do believe that God does not expect us to understand the reasons why, although I often wonder if we knew why, if it would make it easier to process such a horrible event in our lives?

I have complete faith in God, but that does not take away the hurt. I do remind myself that we are not children without hope. When a Christian loses a child that is a Christian, we have no doubt where our child is. We can and do know with complete certainty where our child is. They are in Heaven, with God.

Maybe all God wants of us His children in times like this, is that we continue to love and trust Him. That we keep our faith strong in Him, even when the storm looks like it will overtake us.

As this world sinks deeper into sin and depravity, may God find His children standing strong and firmly in our commitment to our God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 3, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Walking With Jesus

Exodus 33:13 - 33:15
Now viewing scripture range from the book of Exodus chapter 33:13 through chapter 33:15...
Exodus Chapter 33

13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

Moses cried unto the Lord, for Him not to send Him on the journey, if God was not going to go with him. Moses was going to be, beginning a journey that would end up taking 40 years. If Moses had known in advance how long the journey would take, would he have even left Egypt?

Today, in 1993, my youngest sister passed away. It was a tragedy that affected our whole family in many ways. It is a blessing that we do not begin our life, knowing every tragedy and every cross we would have to bear.

Yet we can know every morning when we get up that God will not abandon us. We can seek God’s face everyday and trust Him in all our circumstances. We will be tempted to fear and give in to doubt. This is why we mustn't stray from the Savior’s side.
Betty

Numbers 6:24 - 6:26
Numbers Chapter 6

24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 1, 2021
Happy Monday,

The Tender Mercies of God

“Promise #305:
I am tenderhearted towards all that I have made.

Psalm 145:9 (WEB)
Yahweh is good to all.
His tender mercies are over all his works.”

Two months ago today, Jeff died. This morning I looked at the clock and went back to sleep, not wanting to face the day. I am up with my coffee, only to have a saleswoman call to discuss medicare plans. She would not stop talking and I finally had to get rude to get her off the phone.

I have repented of my sin for rejecting the will of God, but this still leaves me living in a reality that I hate. A reality I would give up almost anything to change.

Yet here I am writing with tears falling from swollen eyes and deep inside me, I can still say with firm determination, that the mercies of God are tender and everlasting.

How can I still believe in the mercy of God? I have lived in His tender mercies for 69 years. I have seen God perform mighty works. I have seen God pick up the broken pieces of my life and put them back together in the past.

Amid the worse trials, we face we can and must continue to praise God. We must offer up the sacrifice of praise to our Heavenly Father who has given us every good gift we have ever received including our first breath. If we love God we must offer up glory and praise to our God and Savior, even in our brokenness.

May God use this broken person to encourage others who are broken. May God help me shine the truth of God’s love to others even when I am scattered pieces broken and torn. I must remind myself that although we are whipped and broken in the very center of a storm, we are not alone.

My fellow Christians, let us hang on to the lifeline of our faith and stand firm in our faith in Jesus. Let us be willing to encourage others even when we are selves need encouragement to carry on. God help all of us who are struggling not to fail our Heavenly Father.
Betty

https://youtu.be/0YUGwUgBvTU

Track "Casting Crowns"
on Bandsintown
 Become A Better Singer In Only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons!
I was sure by now God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away,
Stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
That it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear your whisper through the rain
I'm with you
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone how can I carry on
If I can't find you
And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away

And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
You hold in your hand
You never left my side

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth

And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
You hold in your hand
You never left my side

I will praise you, praise you

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 31, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Letting Go

There are times that God requires us to let go of people and things. Every since my first child was born, Jennifer, I have prayed for their safety. I never feared their death because I always trusted God to keep them safe.

Losing Jeff was extremely hard. I was not prepared to let him go. Even now there is a part of me that wants to yank him back to us. It has taken many weeks to come to the realization that even though Jeff is not with us, he is still safe.

Jeff is safe in the arms of God and even the devil cannot touch him. Even now I do not understand the reason why God allowed him to die, but I am slowly adjusting to God’s will. As I begin to stop fighting against God’s Will and accept God’s Will, I am slowly finding peace.

There will be times for all of us that God will require us to trust Him when our hearts want to demand God to at least explain the reason why He made the decisions that He made that affects us so deeply. We must understand that complete trust in God is accepting God’s Will, even when we cannot understand.

Stepping out in faith in these times is far from easy and there will be days when we will fight against the will of God, but peace will only come when in obedience to God we stop fighting against God and begin to surrender our doubts and fears and completely surrender our will to God and accept the will of God.
Betty

https://youtu.be/7x2IpLSfqp8

I Surrender All

All to Jesus I surrender
Author: Judson W. Van De Venter (1896)
Tune: SURRENDER (Weeden)

Representative Text
1 All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
Refrain:
I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2 All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine. [Refrain]
3 All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me. [Refrain]
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

I grew up singing this song at Church, but actually living out this song is hard, very hard, yet this is what God requires of us. There can be nothing including our children that we hold on tighter than our love for God. I have always said that I cannot surrender my children, but with complete trust in God we can find that we can do what God requires of us. We must believe with all our hearts that God knows best. Even in our brokenness, we can sing to God from the depths of our hearts: “I Surrender All”.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 30, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Keeping The Faith

I am 69. In my 69 years of life, I have suffered loss before. Before my son passed away, the hardest loss for me was my sister’s death. It was only my faith in God that kept me going.

With my son’s death it is so much worse, cutting a hole in my heart that may never heal. When Jeff was so sick, my faith in healing was stronger then it had ever been. I was so strong in my faith that God would heal Jeff that I refused to believe that Jeff would die. Not only was my thinking that my son would not die, it was impossible for me to see or even comprehend the notion that God might not heal my son on this earth.

Facing the reality of my son’s death has been nearly impossible for me. This is reality I rejected and fought against it with all my might. This reality is not the one I was prepared for, nor have I completely accepted it.

I often say I have good days and bad days. The truth is I have good hours and bad hours. I believe the loss of a spouse or a child puts you on a roller coaster that goes from high moments, when you are at peace that your loved one is with Jesus-to deep lows when even breathing is hard to do.

Many have taken this journey and yet the journey in many ways is a solo journey. This journey takes you into the fire and you will have doubts that you can survive the fire and there will be times that you are not sure you want to survive.

We, who are on this roller coaster, must make up our minds that we want to honor God even in the midst of this journey. We must keep our eyes on Jesus, even when our eyes are red and swollen from crying. The moments we are at peace we offer up praises to God. The moments we are deep in the pit of heartache and despair, we must praise God, even if it is a sacrifice of praise. That verse of the song that says that we offer up our prayers of sacrifice of praise to God is never more true, then at times like this.

I want to encourage others and to be a blessing to others. I want my light to shine for Jesus in my darkest hours and yet there are moments that I fear my light is fading and I am afraid that my own pain, may discourage other believers and hinder their faith and this breaks my heart.

All is not gloom and doom for in my deepest lows, there is still apart of me that still feels the presence of God in my life. Even when I cannot see Him, I can sense that He is there. In these times maybe it is not about being a bright light showing that God is always with us. Maybe it is enough just to be that one tiny candle of light in the darkest of nights that lights the way for others that they too can trust God, even in the darkest of nights.

Maybe for now I can share my experience so others can still see Jesus in me and be blessed by God, knowing by my example that we all can know that God will never abandon us or forsake us. Just maybe, God put me on this roller coaster, so fellow believers can see the love of God shine forth and steady through the darkest storms of life. If this is the mission that God has put me on and is for His Glory and for His Kingdom, then with hands that are shaking, tear-streamed face, and a voice that is just a whisper, I accept this mission only because I love God and want to be obedient even in times like this.

May I be a witness to others that deep in the pit of grief that the God we serve is with us and will never forsake us.
Betty

https://youtu.be/jeMcpnYLwJg

“ 1 My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
1. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
2. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
3. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 29, 2021
Happy Friday,

Security

Security is slowly becoming unreachable for mankind. America has become a shadow of herself. Where we, once was a respected Country, other Countries see us as weak and with a leader who is slowly losing the mental ability to lead this Country.

As Christians, we are secure not in our government but in our Heavenly Father. Whether we live or die, we will be secure in the arms of Christ.

John 10:28
“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

We need not fear our present circumstances or our future. God is with us today, tomorrow and throughout eternity. Even when things get rough, we can still learn on to Jesus and see Him taking care of us in the moment of our need.
Betty

1 John 4:18
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”

Matthew 10:31
“Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:32
“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 28, 2021
Happy Thursday,

I wrote my blog and then it just disappeared. I am so frustrated. I really thought I was writing what God wanted me to write and now it's gone.
All that work and it's gone.

I wonder if God ever looks at us and thinks of all the times, He invested in us, and yet we are still broken and no matter how hard we try not to, we still have moments when we doubt Him.

Thankfully, God does not give up on us. Sometimes people give up on God and walk away from God, but He will not forsake us. Maybe today’s lesson is to be grateful for our Heavenly Father and His great love for us.
Betty

https://youtu.be/6_KXsMCJgBQ

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 27, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Do I Really, Know God

There are many ways of knowing people. There are people we know by name but we really do not know them. We know them in passing but we do not know very much personal about them. There are others we know a little more about them, but we do not know their heart.

God wants us to have a heart knowledge of Him. We need to know what is important to Him to walk in His knowledge. It is more than knowing about Him, but taking time to know Him in a personal way, through Scripture and prayer.

In these last days, only a heart knowledge will keep us walking in righteousness and truth. There are sadly Preachers and Teachers that are teaching a new Jesus, who is not of the Bible. Only the true Jesus can keep us from straying away from the truth of God’s Word. Only the true God of Heaven can keep us walking in truth when we are bombarded on every from by the devil in his demons.

We do not get to know the God of Heaven by accident. We must make an effort to learn who He is and apply His truths to our daily lives.
Betty

Psalms 86:11
“Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.”

3 John 1:4
“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”

John 17:17
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”

John 8:32
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Colossians 2:6
“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:”

Ephesians 5:15
“See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 26, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Afraid To Share

“Promise #299:
I watch over you and I listen for your prayers.

1 Peter 3:12 (WEB)
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and his ears open to their prayer;
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Whether you are grieving a loss of a job, your home, or a family member, there comes a time when you close up. You are sure people are sick of hearing about your circumstances so you begin to internalize all your emotions and feelings. You keep pushing down the hurt deeper and deeper into your subconscious. Sometimes you have an emotional outburst that explodes on those around you.

One thing we must not do is to shut out God. The devil is quick to use your circumstances to alienate you from your Heavenly Father. As Christians, we must make the decision to communicate with God daily. Sometimes your prayer is only: (”God, I love you but I do not understand”)
There are some things that happen to us that we will never understand this side of Heaven.

During these days of grieving try to remember everything that happens too us will hit us harder and will be more difficult to bounce back from. When we come to an understanding of this, we can call out to God freely for comfort, grace, and peace. We can fall into the arms of God, weeping with no shame.

I cannot stress enough the importance of encouraging ourselves in the Lord. We are probably at our most vulnerable in our lives. If we are not careful, the devil can lead us into despair and bitterness. There is victory ahead, let us press on toward our Heavenly home while living for God, each day to the best of our ability.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 24, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

“Resist The Devil “

James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

I have often talked about our minds being the devil’s playground. The devil loves to put all kinds of thoughts in our heads. He attacks us, often before we have had our first cup of coffee.

He slips in doubts, fears, and even depression into the minds of people. He stirs up strife in the minds of sinners and Christians, alike. He can lead Christians down the path of forsaking the truth of God’s Word and into backsliding.

He can take a sinner deeper into sin, to a place they never dreamed of entering. The deeper a person dives into sin, the more hard-headed and stubborn they become until they are completely deaf to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

How to withstand the devil’s attacks? The Bible tells us. We resist the devil. In these last days, sadly we see Christians leaving the truth of the Gospel and embracing a social Gospel.

The world thinks the important thing is for God to fix social issues. God tells us that the most important job to be done is to secure our relationship with Him and make sure we are rapture-ready.

We must choose to walk in righteousness. We will not fall into righteousness. We must choose to resist the devil and his evil ways. When we do these things we will be walking in the will of God.
Betty

Luke 21:28

“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”

https://youtu.be/SFDo7RVd-Oc

If the Rapture Was Yesterday
Writer: Joel Hemphill Publishing: Trumpet Call Music/BMI Key: D Time: 3:31
Verse 1
This house where I’m living, it’s not much to look at But I’m blessed and I call it mine
But soon I’ll be leaving to go live with Jesus
You can have it if you’re left behind
Cause I hold a clear title to a home that’s far better
That will never flood or decay
If the rapture was yesterday would you still be here today
Chorus
If the rapture was yesterday would you still be here today If the trumpet had sounded, by saints surrounded
Would you have been caught away
While there’s still time to make up your mind
Let me invite you to pray
If that rapture was yesterday would you still be here today
Verse 2
Jesus said when He comes back two will be sleeping One taken and one left behind
How people can go on who aren’t rapture ready Don’t it just stagger your mind
Standing so close on the brink of forever
One step could lead either way
If the rapture was yesterday would you still be here today
Chorus
Bridge
If the rapture was yesterday we wouldn’t be here today If the trumpet had sounded, by saints surrounded
We would have been caught away
While there’s still time for you to make up your mind Let us invite you to pray
If the rapture was yesterday we wouldn’t be here today

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 23, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Fear Not, For God Is With Us

Psalms 34:9
“O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.”

While the Bible has warned about the days we are living in, He has not told us what tomorrow holds for us personally. There is a reason for that. Foremost, is that God wants us to live in faith. Another reason is of we knew of the bad things that would happen ahead of time, we would not be living in the moment and every good moment we had, would be overshadowed by fear of what we knew.

Just as we must live in the moment, we should be living for the glory of God, now in the present. Many of us will stand in heaven with tears in our eyes, trying to explain to God that we had every intention of doing certain things for God, but just never got around to doing it.

One of the saddest things for me, when my sister died, was people telling me how they had felt led to reach out to my sister in the weeks before she died, but chose not to do so. This made me angry at the time. It did not make me feel better to knowing others had the chance to change things for my sister but refused to take the time to do so.

Fellow believers, let us pray every day that we will not allow chances to make a difference in someone’s life go by. Let us seek to live in the will of God every day.
Betty

https://youtu.be/_s-Rk0Vf3RY

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be

We read of a place that's called heaven,
It's made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God's word He has given,
How beautiful heaven must be.

How beautiful heaven must be
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,

In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God's light is forever, there shining,

The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 22,2021
Happy Friday,

Living In Stressful Times

“Promise #295:
I will give you My strength and bless you with My peace.

Psalm 29:11 (WEB)
Yahweh will give strength to his people.
Yahweh will bless his people with peace.”

The world has been living in stressful times for a long time. COVID has changed the way the whole world lives. The pandemic has created fear and brought more questions than answers.

Before COVID, we had the summer of rioting that left business burnt and areas of major cities where it was not safe to walk the streets even in the day time.

It is no wonder why people are stressed and overwhelmed. If that wasn't enough, we are facing shortages in many areas, from food to new appliances.

God is reaching out to His children, calling them to come to Him for strength and peace. God does not want His children cowering in the corner in these trying times but to stand strong in our faith in Him.

We should not be living in fear as people who have no hope. We have a Heavenly Father that wants us to reach out to Him and seek Him for strength and peace.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 4:18
Now viewing scripture range from the book of 1 Thessalonians chapter 4:13 through chapter 4:18...
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Peter 1:21

“Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.”

Romans 5:2

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

Romans 5:2

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 21, 21
Happy Thursday,

Our Prayers Are Important To God

Then another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and he was given a great quantity of incense to offer with the prayers of all God's people upon the golden altar in front of the throne. And from the angel's hand the smoke of the incense went up before God with the prayers of his people. Revelation 8:3–4, NEB

When we talk to each other, occasionally, we are all guilty of having our minds wandering off and us not hearing completely hearing what the other person is saying.

When we talk to God, not only do we have the full attention of God, but He saves our prayers. Our prayers are so special to God that He uses our prayers as a sweet smiling incense to be poured on the altar in Heaven.

Our prayers are a conversation with our Heavenly Father. Let us seek to have a healthy, daily prayer life, with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 20, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Surrounded By Angels

“Promise #293:
My angels will surround all who fear Me.

Psalm 34:7 (WEB)
The angel of Yahweh encamps around those who fear him,
and delivers them.”

If you are like me, you rarely think of angels. Yet, God has assigned angels to watch over His people. I have seen several jokes about angels. One shows a war-beaten, struggling angel and the caption read that this must be the angel that has to deal with me.

Sometimes, when we are overwhelmed by trials and tragedy we surely think the angel assigned to watch over us must have gone on vacation and left us to struggle on our own.

Just as God never abandons us neither does the angel assigned to watch over us. We need not fear abandonment for God will never forsake His children. God’s blessings over us have not gone away.

This world is growing increasingly evil. We must remember that despite the evil around us, we need not give into sin. Because of our Heavenly Father, we can live in an exceedingly evil work and yet not be stained by the evil around us.

We can rejoice that God loves so much that He has sent angels from Heaven to surround us with God’s great love for us.
Betty

It’s Just Like His Great Love
Edna R. Worrell, 1903
alt.
copyright status is Public Domain

Subjects: Love, Jesus/Savior
Scripture: 1 John 3:1
It's Just Like His Great Love [.xml]
Clarence B. Strouse, 1903
copyright status is Public Domain

Key: B♭
Meter: 13.14.14.14 R

Learn about music formats...
view sheet music [.pdf] [.sib]
play midi [.mid] 1 A friend I have called Jesus, Whose love is strong and true,
2 And never fails howe’er ’tis tried, no matter what I do;
3 I sinned against this love of His, but when I knelt to pray,
4 Confessing all my guilt to Him, the sin-clouds rolled away.
◦ Refrain:
◦ It’s just like Jesus to roll the clouds away,
◦ It’s just like Jesus to keep me day by day,
◦ It’s just like Jesus all along the way,
◦ It’s just like His great love.
5 Sometimes when clouds of trouble bedim the sky above,
6 I cannot see my Savior’s face, and doubt His wondrous love;
7 But He, from heaven’s mercy seat, beholding my despair,
8 In pity bursts the clouds between, and shows me He is there.
9 When sorrow’s clouds o’ertake me, and break upon my head,
10 When life seems worse than useless, and I were better dead;
11 I take my grief to Jesus then, nor do I go in vain,
12 For heav’nly hope He gives that cheers like sunshine after rain.
13 Oh, I could sing forever of Jesus’ love divine,
14 Of all His care and tenderness for this poor life of mine;
15 His love is in and over all, and wind and waves obey,
16 When Jesus whispers, “Peace, be still!” and rolls the clouds away.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 19, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Going Through The Fire

James 1:2 “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;”

Most of us admire a beautiful diamond, but the process of making a diamond is through fire. We as Christians want to shine for God, but none of us want to journey through the fire.

Those that are willing to go through the fire for spiritual growth, want to limit God to what we are willing to go through. “Try me and test me, God but do not touch ________”. We can fill in the blank with different things. Don't touch my job, my health, my marriage or heaven-forbid bring death into my family or my home. We want to live in God’s will up to a point.

Trust me I am in the same boat. If God had came to me and discussed His plan to take my son. I would have said no, not that God. I would have suggested many things with God and given up many things in order to save my son’s life.

Unfortunately, God does not give us a choice. This does not mean that God’s plan was not a righteous plan. We can only see part of the picture. From our side, we can only see the pain and brokenness that God has allowed to penetrate our lives and homes. God sees the whole picture, the beginning, and the end.

Many times we will only see the whole picture when we enter Heaven. Only then will we see the complete journey of our lives. Then we will see how the days in the dark valleys brought us a deeper relationship with Jesus and burned away that was a hindrance in our spiritual life.

God will be with us through every storm but we must be obedient to God and stand strong in our faith. If we only trust and love God during the good times we are like a spoilt child, being loving and faithful only when things go our way.
Betty

Philippians 3:14 Context

11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. 17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2021
Happy Monday,

God Is Good, All The Time

I am going through the dark days of grief. I often wonder if people get tired of me talking about this loss. Then I remember until we get to Heaven, this loss is permanent. It is not like I will go to bed and wake up to find my son back with us in the morning.

My dear friends, God is with us during the darkest night, God is with us and He still is a loving and Good God. Though the devil will try to deceive us into believing we are alone in our greatest time of pain, he is a liar.

We have family and friends who are standing behind us with encouragement and prayers on our behalf. Whatever struggles you are going through, we do have hope and a future in Heaven. Do not give in to fear and doubt but resist the devil and his lies. When we struggle it is okay to ask for help even if you are fiercely independent like me.

God did not make us to live on an island but to be there for fellow believers and to accept help when we need it. We must encourage ourselves in the Lord. Remember the Bible says that David encouraged himself in the Lord.
Betty

1 Samuel 30:6
King James Version
6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

Psalm 43:5
New King James Version
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The [a]help of my countenance and my God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Taste And See, If The Lord Is Good

Psalm 34:8
8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

I love ripe sweet watermelon. Even though I practice all the methods for picking one, I do not always get a sweet one. It is only when we cut the melon and taste it for ourselves do we know if it is sweet enough.

It is like God. People can tell us about God but must to get to know God ourselves before we can truly know God. Knowing about God and walking with God are two different things.

After midnight last night, I was drawn into a deep depression. I could not sleep. My mind just kept trying to rationalize and reason why God allowed my son to die. Many tears and many questions were running through my mind. Then my son’s wife reached out to me at three a.m. through Facebook and text with reassurance and Scripture to build up my faith.

I woke up this morning knowing that is through these dark nights of despair that all of us go through at one time of our lives when we really see God and His great love for us.

We cannot have a Sunday only relationship with God and actually know Him. We have to walk with Him daily and communicate with Him daily.
Sadly, there will be many many people who know God and many who sit in Church every Sunday who will be in hell.

When hubby and I lived in Washington with Jeff. We watched on the History channel a series on the Bible. One of the contributors was a lady who spent 25 years studying the Bible. She said she loved studying the Bible, but she did not believe the Bible was the inspired Word of God.
She has a head knowledge of God, but not a heart Knowledge.
How said to go to hell after studying the Book that lays out the plan of salvation for so many years, but yet choosing to reject the gift of salvation.
Betty

Deuteronomy 4:35
New King James Version
35 To you it was shown, that you might know that the Lord Himself is God; there is none other besides Him.

Deuteronomy 7:9
New King James Version
9 “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

Psalm 100:3
New King James Version
3 Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and [a]not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Philippians 4:6
New King James Version
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

1 John 2:5
New King James Version
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Living, Life Well

As Christians, we want to live so that when we see Jesus face to face we hear: “Well done, my faithful servant”. What the world sees as success and what God sees as success is far different.

Some of the signs of success in the world are power and wealth and the accumulation of worldly goods. Sadly, many acquire success by stepping on anyone who gets in their way on their road to success. Often people make many moral compromises to achieve success.

God does not judge success like the world. God sees the heart and knows the motives of the heart. A person with little material goods can be spiritually successful. A person who puts the needs of others over requiring great wealth is successful in the eyes of God.

When we leave this world, we will take none of our worldly possessions, and the worldly power we have, will not go with us well. Only the things done for Christ will matter in the afterlife.

Philippians 1:21 “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”

Romans 14:8 “For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.”

Colossians 3:1 “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.”

Pray that God will help us live in a way that is pleasing to Him and that we desire to please Him above all.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2021
Happy Friday,

Am I Just Existing?

Am I just existing? There are periods of our lives that just surviving day-to-day is a struggle. We are so overwhelmed that we can barely keep our heads above water. We do not see any progress in our lives and we fear that we are failing God and ourselves.

Every time we feel we have made some progress, we are overcome by a new wave of despair. We can begin to wonder if we will ever make any progress.

Psalms 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

There are seasons in our lives that we need to just stand and worship God. While we may not see any progress, just not allowing ourselves to drown in a sea of doubts is progress.

We are not wasting time, we are allowing ourselves to slowly heal. It is important during these times to build our faith in God by reading His Holy Words and worshipping Him amid our time of pain and grief.

God is not blind to our circumstances and we can find peace in God even in those dark days. Sometimes it is not how fast we are going but how close we stay to God, during our time in the fire. Just because we are suffering, doesn't mean we have to give in defeat.

Standing strong in our faith in God amid our circumstances is living in victory. Living victoriously in Christ does not mean we must be on the mountaintop. We can serve God in the dark valley when we keep our eyes on Jesus.
Betty

Philippians 3:14 “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Praising God Using Scripture

We can offer up praise to God using Scripture. Psalms 100 is a good one to use. We can read the Scriptures as a prayer to God.

Psalm 100
New King James Version
A Song of Praise for the Lord’s Faithfulness to His People
A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, [a]all you lands!

Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.

Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and [b]not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

When we are grieving or depressed, we can remind ourselves of the joy of the Lord.

“The joy of the Lord is my strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).

Psalm 89:15 New King James Version
15 Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound!
They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.

God’s Holy Word is a love letter to mankind, taking us from the first sin. to the plan of redemption, and to our eternal reward in Heaven. We have no excuse if we reject God’s gift of salvation. The Holy Bible is not a storybook but it is alive and is a roadmap to the gates of Heaven.

Romans 10:8-11
New King James Version
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

As believers, we need not fear these days for we have the promise of the rapture.

I Thessalonians 4:
The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [b]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [c]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1Timothy 1:
Not Ashamed of the Gospel
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher [c]of the Gentiles. 12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

1 Thessalonians 1:10
New King James Version
10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

Fellow believers, do not lose hope, Jesus will come and get us before the tribulation. We do not know the day or the hour, but Jesus is coming soon.

Matthew 24:44
“Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”

Revelation 22:20
New King James Version
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Distractions

Distractions are a tool of the devil. If he can get our focus on something other then our spiritual health, we can lose focus on what is important. Sometimes he uses anger. We can become so angry at what we see as sin in someone else’s life, we do not see the sin in our life.

Matthew 7:3-5
New King James Version
3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

People in government often use the same tactic. They get the public focused on one thing while they are conspiring again the people behind the scenes. We need not worry about what is happening, because God sees all.

* “Everything that is hidden will be brought into the light. Everything that is a secret will be made known. For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light. For there is nothing so hid that it will not be revealed, nor so secret but that it may become clear.”
www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Mark 4:22
Mark 4:22 - Bible Gateway

Let us pray that God will help us keep our focus on Him . May He help us to seek to please Him above all others.
Betty

John 3:31
New King James Version
31 He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

Ephesians 6:

The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [b]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [c]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Working For God

Sometimes I stare at this blank page and wonder just what I am supposed to write. I want to be a blessing to others and work for God. Yet there are days I just don't what to say.

Then I am reminded of God’s great love for me. When I first started my blog, I did not use paragraphs, my son with a laugh asked me if I remembered paragraphs. So I actually begin to use them. Sometimes I use too many now.

What is important in our work for God, is that the work comes out of love for God and people. Apostle Paul said works without love is useless. It's easy to see all the evil in the world and forget that these people who commit evil are influenced the devil and his demons.

We are to hate sin and evil but have compassion on sinners caught up in the snares of sin. Some evil things not only break our hearts but can fill us with anger at the evildoer. I do not think it is wrong to pray for God to bring justice to the victim, let us be careful not to become bitter against sinners.

May God give us a prayerful heart and compassion for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2021
Happy Monday,

Giving Out Of Our Emptiness

There are times that just getting out of bed is an effort. There are times when we wonder how we can give of ourselves to others when we are running out of gas ourselves.

Yet when we make the effort, God overflows us with His love. He takes what little we have and He adds to it and makes it enough for others and even enough to fill our hearts with His love.

It is important that we do not allow our circumstances to lead to bitterness. Anger does not heal. Loving God and others through difficulties will lead to healing. While it would be wonderful if God healed us completely in a moment, He usually doesn't work that way. Grief never completely heals but each day we walk in faith is a step forward into victory.

The Bible says that in the last day's things will happen that will cause many people’s hearts to fear. We need not fear, we may grow concerned, but keep our hearts strong in our faith in God. Trust Him. Remind ourselves that it won't be long until we see Jesus face to face.
Betty

1 Peter 1:

A Heavenly Inheritance
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been [c]grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not [d]seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to [e]us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Living Before God Our Father
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [f]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [g]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was [h]manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Woke up from another nightmare, where I am searching my son and cannot find him. I then started crying. I have to remind myself that I know where Jeff is and he is in Heaven.

Grief is cruel and seems unending, but that is a lie from satan. Jesus won the victory over death. One day our sorrows will turn to joy when we are reunited with our loved ones in Heaven.

Fellow Christians, we must encourage ourselves in the Lord. So much is happening in these days that would cause our hearts to fear if we did not have the Word of God to sustain us.

God has not abandoned us. In these rough times, it may seem so, but we must keep our trust in God and His Holy Word. We do not know what tomorrow will bring, but we know that soon, we will be in the presence of God and He will wash away our tears. Do not lose hope but trust in your Heavenly Father.
Betty

https://youtu.be/NuSYYTxlq8o

Representative Text
1 I am weak but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
2 Thro' this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. [Refrain]
3 When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. [Refrain]
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 8, 2021
Happy Friday,

A Pure Heart

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.”
Matthew 5:8

Like pure gold a pure heart for God is genuine and completely into God. You cannot have a pure heart and be partly into God. You cannot be a Christian if you are mixing your faith with other religions. Some people think they can combine the best of all religions and still go to Heaven.

You will not have a relationship with Christ by combining other religions with Christianity. True Christianity is a relationship with Christ. The Bible says no one can serve two Masters. Either Jesus is your Master or He is not.
Jesus must be first in our lives.

Above all else, our desire should be to please God. This desire should be about pleasing God and not about rewards in this life and in Heaven. While our reward is an eternity in Heaven, our goal in this life is to walk in a way to please our Heavenly Father. May God give us a pure heart and a mindset to serve our God out of love and not obligation.
Betty

Mark 12:30
New King James Version
30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ [a]This is the first commandment.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Walking By Faith

Hebrews 12
The Race of Faith
1Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We can not please God without walking in faith in Him. Whatever circumstances we are in, we are to trust God. The devil will whisper doubt into our ears, but we are to walk in faith.

Luke 4:8
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, [a]“Get behind Me, Satan! [b]For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

We turn away from sin to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. We seek to walk in righteousness. When we do sin we ask God for forgiveness and turn away from our sin.

God must be first in our lives. We should seek to do His will and honor Him with our lives. We remind ourselves this life is temporary and will soon pass, but Heaven is eternal.

There are times that we are overwhelmed. Times that are too hard to bear, this is when we reach out to fellow believer and ask for support and comfort. Admitting we are weak and need help is not wrong. We build up our faith by receiving help and encouragement from others. Then we reach out to encourage others in the Lord.

Psalm 113:2
2 Blessed be the name of the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore!

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 5, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Created For Works

“Promise #278:
You are My workmanship, created in Christ to do My good works.

Ephesians 2:10 (WEB)
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared before that we would walk in them.”

While we are not saved by works, we were created by God to work for His Kingdom. We were made to fulfill our purpose for God.

Most of us have different spiritual jobs, based on our situations in life. A mother and dad of a young one are to teach their children about God. To teach them to love God. Mothers of little ones, God has placed a treasure in your life in your children. What you teach them now will stay with them for the rest of their lives. As we get older, our work for Christ changes but no matter our situation God can use us for His glory.

Proverbs 22:6
6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
[a]And when he is old he will not depart from it.

We should work for God not out of obligation, but out of our love for Him. We want to please Him because He sacrificed His life for our salvation. Let us offer up praises to God, no matter what season of life we are in or our situation is.

Even the season of grief we can over up praise to our God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2021
Happy Monday,

The Last Days

God did not leave His disciples or us clueless about the last days. He told them about what was coming and to Daniel and the Apostle John God gave a revelation to both about the tribulation.

God told us what the last days would be like so we would not be ignorant of the season we are living in. The unsaved see life going on and the world improving. Even those who see the evil around them too often do not see the signs that the world is soon coming under judgment. Sadly too many Christians have allowed their eyes to be blinded by the desires of this world to keep them from seeing the season we are living in.

Matthew 24:12. New King James Version
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Brothers and Sisters, we are not looking for the antichrist we are looking for the rapture to happen. We want to be living in righteousness so that day will not fill our hearts with shame. Getting to Heaven by the skin of our teeth should not be our goal. Our goal is to walk so closely with God so that our hearts will overflow with joy when we hear the trumpet of the Lord.

God has prepared us for these days. Let us pray that God will help us to live in righteousness and to walk in His Will. Comfort yourselves in the knowledge that soon we will be going Home!
Betty

Philippians 4:4 New King James Version
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Rejoice, the Lord is King!

Rejoice, the Lord is King: Your Lord and King adore
Author: Charles Wesley (1744)
Published in 697 hymnals

Representative Text
1 Rejoice, the Lord is King:
Your Lord and King adore!
Rejoice, give thanks and sing,
And triumph evermore.
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!

2 Jesus, the Savior, reigns,
The God of truth and love;
When He has purged our stains,
He took his seat above;
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!

3 His kingdom cannot fail,
He rules o'er earth and heav'n;
The keys of death and hell
Are to our Jesus giv'n:
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!

4 Rejoice in glorious hope!
Our Lord and judge shall come
And take His servants up
To their eternal home:
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!

Luke 21:28 New King James Version
28 “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement