Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 27)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 6, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

I talk a lot about the birth pains of the end times. One of the birth pains is the hate people have towards each other. People taking their hate towards people they do know and placing it on those they do not know. Young men going out and killing groups of people out of their hate. Soon it will be women who will act out their hatred.

I read about an Actor who did research about the last election an determined that people over 35 were likely to vote for Trump. His solution was those over 35 who voted for Trump should be in an urn. He admitted that his parents voted for Trump and he not know how to tell them that they should die.

When a person determines that people who voted for a person that they dislike should die, they have become so filled with hate that others should die, they have become replicas of Hitler. They have taken their hate for Trump and have determined that people who voted him should be murdered.

Hate is an emotion that left unchecked, will grow leaps and bounds. It does not take too much imagination to go from realizing people from a certain age voted for Trump to realizing people against gay marriage and abortion, supported Trump. The Bible warns us of the last days and the hate that will control the world. Yet seeing just the beginning of the hate causes us who love the Lord to weep.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Fear not, my dear friends, God is still in control. While it is so very tempting to question why God allows mass killings, we must continue you to trust God. Maybe sinners who hear of these murders will turn to God for salvation.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 5, 2019
Happy Monday,

He Loved Us First

There is a song from the 60’s asking what would it take to win your love for me. We do not have to jump through hoops to win the love of God. He loved us before we were born. So why is not all mankind saved? Many people allow self pride, goals, and positions to keep them from humbling themselves and accepting salvation.

Some people feel that humbling ourselves to God, binds us in chains. The truth is, sin binds us in chains and will send us to hell. Knowing that Jesus died for our sins, even before we were born, should allow us to feel blessed and loved.

When we acknowledge how blessed we are to be love then we open our heart to God. Serving God is a privilege. Worshipping God is a privilege. When we understand that, we can live our life, filled with joy.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 4, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Date Setting For The Rapture

Back in 70’s, a Sunday School Teacher spent weeks telling us why the rapture would happen that year. Obviously the rapture did not happen that year. 2006, we had a Sunday School teacher who was convinced that the rapture would happen that fall. Two years ago a sweet lady had videos that convinced me the rapture would happen that fall. As well meaning as each person was, they were wrong.

Jesus said no one knows but the Father. Of course Jesus was in human form. Now He does know. We spend so much time trying to guess the date of the rapture, something God never called for us to do. We should live ready for each day to be the day, but we do not set dates.

We should long for the return for the rapture just as a bride awaits her Wedding Day. Our hearts should race with the thought of the rapture, but truth is, we should be spending each day living for God and working for His Kingdom.
So many things are happening that we can see we are living in the birth pains. We know we are getting closer but let us refrain from setting dates and live each day in God’s Will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 3, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Today started out like yesterday, but I felt the presence of God around me. This song is in my head:

In My Heart There Rings A Melody Hymn Lyrics
By BP-Pub-4 -
October 15, 2016
1 I have a song that Jesus gave me,
It was sent from heav’n above;
There never was a sweeter melody,
‘Tis a melody of love.
Refrain:
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody with heaven’s harmony;
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody of love.
2 I love the Christ who died on Calv’ry,
For He washed my sins away;
He put within my heart a melody,
And I know it’s there to stay. ([Refrain]
3 ‘Twill be my endless theme in glory,
With the angels I will sing;
‘Twill be a song with glorious harmony,
When the courts of heaven ring. [Refrain]

We can encourage ourselves singing praises to God in our heads. We can praise God with songs. The Lord Jesus is faithful and just to His children. May we be faithful to Him every day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 2, 2019,
Happy Friday,

Day started out wrong

Got a text the other day that someone was coming out to install something from AT&T. Called them twice and neither person spoke English very well. Today I got a text that Internet was being installed. In our area of town we have to use a company picked out by our town. It seems someone from another town was using my phone number to get internet installed at their town. Then we looked at credit card and found out someone used my credit card number for door dash.

Some days start are like that. Makes us want to go back to bed. Instead let us pray for peace. God will bring peace in the storm, even the smaller storms. When we take a step back and seek God’s help. I am looking at a female cardinal at the bird feeder. Her mate is probably on the ground waiting his turn. My diamonds in the rough.

Everyone has those kinds of days. When we trust in God, He will encourage us and reenforce our physical and emotional strength.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 1, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Accepting our Limitations

This morning I reached up on my toes to reach the peanut butter, something I have done for years, and the peanut butter fell out of my hand and hit my breast. It was painful. My hubby wanted to know why I did not ask him for help. Simply because I had always done it. Today I realize that my toes will no longer hold me up.

As we get older we realize that we begin to have limitations. Things we could do in the past, we can no longer do. It is hard to accept our limitations, but when we don’t, we can get hurt. While our physical bodies have limitations as we grow older our spirituality does not. As we age in our body and our souls, we should be growing spirituality.

Our spiritual, growth is not tied to our physical health. We grow spiritually by prayer and Bible study. The devil will try to discourage us by using our age and our disabilities to depress us. When we fight on by not listening to the devil but by trusting God, we will find ourselves growing in faith and grace.

We can be tempted to look at young people and all that they accomplish and feel useless to the work of God. Instead let us pray that God will use us in-spite our aging and disabilities. When we seek God’s Will, He will show us what we can do for Him.

Psalm 71:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

The Earth Is Trembling

Both, Hubby and I are having trouble remembering words. Usually I can think of the word or he can think of the word. Today the word was class action. He finally thought of it. Today instead of getting upset we took it with a grain of salt.

There is a lot of upsetting things in the world. The devil will tell us that it is God’s fault. The reality is judgment is coming for this world, but it is the devil’s fault. We are experiences the birth pains. Why is God allowing birth pains? To warn the world of His coming. Some are hearing the call and accepting salvation. Others are buying in to the devil’s call blaming global warmness. Changing your hair spray is not going to stop what is goin on. Why is it the devil’s fault. He has been promoting sin, since Adam and Eve.

The Heavenly Father is saying that He is coming soon and the age of grace will soon be over. Some Christians do not want to hear the rapture is happening soon, because the rapture will interfere with the plans on earth. Nothing on earth can compare with the Glories of Heaven. Sinners do not want to hear the truth because they are enjoying their sinful lives too much.

Christians , let us not fear as the birth pains increase. God is still in control. Whether we live or die we are with God. Death is nothing to fear, if we belong to God. Instead of fear of the birth pains, we rejoice with the knowledge of the soon return.
Betty.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Cling to God

In our distress, we seek out advice, from very everyone but God. It’s okay to seek advice from people who are in them same situation as us and may have great ideas. Let us go to God first. Seek His comfort and ask Him for His peace.

It is hard when hear of other Christians, who have chosen to lie down their faith in God and choose to go the way of the world. Instead of clinging to our Heavenly Father, they have chosen to abandon their Heavenly Father for the temporary happiness of the world.

When a Christian who is know worldwide, abandons their faith in God and makes a point of apologizes for what the Bible says, and announces that they have given up their faith in Christ, they have the blood on their hands of everyone they have led astray.

There is a world wide challenge where people are denying the existence of the Holy Spirit on video and putting this on the internet. This is the unpardonable sin. For if we deny the existence of the Holy Spirit there is no one else that can convict them of their sin. Some are bragging about their decision and others are amused by this. It is heartbreaking to see young people rejecting Heaven for hell, for amusement or to impress others.

My dear friends, let us cling to Jesus. The devil would seek to lead us astray, but if we cling to Jesus, we will be saved. Eternity with Jesus is our reward.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2019
Happy Monday,

When you have health issues, you have fair, good, and bad days. Pretending bad days do not exist doesn’t make sense. I agree,every body you meet, doesn’t want to hear your life story, but when asked how our day is, we can always say blessed. Every day walking with Jesus is a blessed day. Our circumstances do not erase the goodness of God. God did not call us to be Pollyanna’s , pretending that things are great all the time.

Things are not great all the time for everybody. Everyone has bad days. Realizing that as God’s children that we are blessed every day, is what is important. When we praise God every day no matter the circumstances, we are acknowledging that we are indeed blessed every day. When we focus on the wonderful ways that God has blessed us, we can rejoice through the pain. When we praise God, He will fill our hearts with joy. The joy of the Lord makes us over-comers no matter what life throws at us.

One of the best ways of building up ourselves in the Lord is praying for others. When we pray for others, we take our mind off our own problems. This is good for us. We can easily become obsessed with our own problems. We remind ourselves that everyone has problems. The difference between children of God and the unsaved is that we have a future in Heaven for eternity with our Heavenly Father. When we remind ourselves , we realize our suffering is fleeting, but eternity is forever.

My friends, be encouraged in the Lord. We can either moan and complain or we can rejoice knowing Jesus is coming soon. These days of pain and sorrow will just be a fleeting memory when we walk the streets of God. Maranatha.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Good and Bad

Most days are not perfect. If we break down our day, there will be things that please us and things that concern us. The good news was Hubby went to Church with me this morning. We have both agreed that Awaken Church is our home Church. We are both tired of Church hopping. Pastor Bruce and his wife, Terri are both loving people. After Church we had a nice lunch at Texas Road House. We ended up splitting a plate and still had left overs for supper. A blessed morning.

Later on though, I was plagued by head aches and some confusion. Hubby was dealing with pain from his thighs. The same God that was with us this morning was with us this afternoon and to night. Our suffering did not mean that God had forsaken us. When we realize that God never leaves nor forsakes us, we can be at peace. When we give control to God , He can work through our pain. We can grow spiritually by going through our discomforts and still trusting God.

God has not promised us a life of ease. We go through many trials through a lifetime but when we look back on our life, we can see how mush we have grown in our faith. Each trial prepared us for the next trial. A baby Christian to a full grown Christian. We can rejoice that we have come so far. Not because we are so special but because God is so special. His love stayed with us even when we failed Him. When we wandered off, He brought us back to the fold. Praise God that He does not give up on us even when we give up on ourselves.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Teach Me To Pray

The Apostles knew how important prayer was. They asked Jesus to teach them to pray and Jesus gave them an example. It was not too long ago that government and business meetings were opened up with prayer. Sadly, too often the prayer was written to impress the people in the room and not to seek the face of God. Can you imagine if this prayer was given at a public meeting:

“Lord, God, everyone in this room are filthy worms, not qualified to crawl to your feet. Yet, in your love for mankind You sent Your only begotten Son, to live and die for us. It took the precious blood of Your Son to reconcile mankind to Yourself. Because of the sacrifice of Your Son, we who are filthy and wretched in our sin, can be cleansed as white as snow. When we seek your forgiveness and accept You as our God we can come boldly to your throne.
Amen”

Sadly there would be mumblings across the room as individuals denied their need for salvation. Yet the prayer above speaks the truth. People do not want to hear that they are filthy and living in unrighteousness without salvation through Jesus Christ. Humans want to deny their sinfulness and make excuses for our sins. Surely God knows there are worst sinners than us. What people do not realize it is not a game of who has the worst sin, but the reality that the smallest sin can send us to hell.

When we pray, do not seek words to show off our intelligence. Instead pray an honest prayer from our hearts. Come to the throne humbly and seek forgiveness of our sins and then offer up our praise to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 26, 2019
Happy Friday,

Broken World

We are living in a broken world. Between earthquakes and volcanoes, the world itself seems to be broken. In America, politics have broken apart the people of America. It is more than just Democrats and Republicans who seem to hate each other. There are Democrats who can’t stand each other, fighting over the Democrats who are running from office. Kathy Griffin who supports two Democrats is trashing Bernie supporters.

The world is divided about sexuality. Those who believe man should be with a woman and homosexuality. Now there is a division among the people of the world about whether the sex you are born into should be the sex you stay. Parents, teachers, and counselors who are trying to convince children that they are a different sex than what they were born into. Questioning the judgement of God.

Yet, no one can see how close we are to accepting a One World Government. I read yesterday that a professor at a College is teaching that our Country’s Name is hate speech. He is encouraging students not to use the term America or Americans, calling the terms hate speech. We have thousands jumping fences to enter this Country to be taken care of by the taxpayers of America while they wave the flag of the Country that they claim to have fled. This action is taking place in many Countries of the world. People enter a Country, who want to be financially taking care by their “new” Country, while they trash their ‘new” Country and attack their “new” Country’s values and beliefs.

The world is filled with such hate, that young people think nothing of beating old people for the fun of it. We have parents who murder their own babies because the baby cries. The evil is growing widespread around the world and yet the masses seem to just accept the violence. Only the family and friends of the victim cry for the victim.

The people of the world should be on their knees begging God to intervene and bring peace to this world, but the majority of people have turned against God long ago. Instead of crying out to God, they are looking for a person to fix all the mess that mankind has created. Instead of crying to the God of Heaven, they will instead put their trust in the person hand picked by the devil himself.

They refuse to bow before the God of Heaven, but will one day bow their knees to the one controlled by Satan. Many think,they are too smart to need a ‘god’ but will soon call out to the devil and worship him. Turning their backs to goodness they will accept the father of evil.

This is why we pray for the lost, while there is still time. This is why we pray and ask God to fill our lamps with they Holy Spirit so that we will be ready for the soon return of Jesus to gather His Bride (His Church) to take us up to Heaven.
Let us pray daily for forgiveness of our sins and the strength to stand for the God of Heaven in a world overcome by evil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2019
Happy Thursday,

We all go through troubles, that we do not share with anyone but God. At first it can seem lonely, but who else but God can fix our troubles. He can comfort us like no human being can do. Sometimes God intervenes and removes this troubling thing that is troubling us. Other times, God let’s us know this is the path He has chosen for us.

The path that God has chosen for us, may be stony, painful and even full of grief. If we cling to God, instead of trying to run away from troubles, God will be with us every step. The devil will tempt us to question the judgement of God and the devil will encourage to run away from God’s plan. God’s sweet voice reminds us that we can trust in Him, through the storms. Any storm we go through will be for our good and the advancement of our soul. Just like muscles must be exercised to grow, so must our soul endear difficulties, in order to grow. Spiritual growth hurts but, the results are worth it.

We have a glorious eternity awaiting us and life’s troubles are just a breath, compared to our eternity with God. When we yield ourselves to God and His plans for us, we can live in peace through every storm.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Christ-Like

Are we a living testimony for God? Do we hide our faith at work or when we are out partying with our circle of friends? God is not looking for part time Christians. We are either in or out. When we choose to hide our faith in God, we are in grave danger. God said if we are ashamed of Christ on earth, He will be ashamed of us in Heaven.

We are too close to the rapture to be playing games. We need to decide whether to be a full time Christian or to be a people pleaser. Truth is if we stand for the truth of God’s Holy Word we will be called haters. Our faith in God is not real if we live for Satan. We cannot serve God and mankind. When we are more concerned about what the world thinks of us, than what God thinks of us, our soul is in grave trouble.

The Bible makes it clear that we cannot serve two Masters. We must choose one. A divided heart will send us to hell. Make up your mind today, who you will serve. If the answer is wrong it can send you to hell for eternity. If we choose God, you cannot hide your faith. Your life should be for God. You must live in a way that your works will be a shining light of the love of God. If people cannot see Jesus in you, then seek forgiveness and change the way you are living.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

They Have Closed Their Eyes, They Refuse To See

The people of the world have closed their eyes, so they do not know the truth. Why? Because, they do not want to see the truth. It is easier for them to believe the lie said by Al Gore, of global warming, than, the truth that God ‘s judgment is coming. Al Gore and others have bought into the lie themselves or have they?. Al Gore does not have solar panels on his mansion and he still rides around on a plane which emits plenty of pollution.

This lie about global warming will be used during the tribulation to control the people. They will control what they eat, where they live, how many children they can have, and what job they have. All under the name of Global Warming.

Children of God do not fear. We will not be here during the tribulation. We have not closed our eyes to the truth. Instead our eyes are on our Savior and Lord: Jesus. We need not to fear for we know it will not be long until we see the rapture happening. Bad things are happening around the world. Weather is acting like a woman deranged by sin. Yet we can wake up every morning in peace, for we know that God is in control.

1 John 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Deuteronomy 31:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Fear not, little children, for the one who, has saved our souls, will soon be the one that rescues us from this world of sin. Yes this world is suffering birth pains but instead of fearing, let us reach out to our Heavenly Father who is in charge, and will fold us into His protective wings.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22, 2019
Happy Monday

Faithfulness

We are to be faithful to God as we walk our path, that God has chosen for us. Faithful to God even when God takes us down a dark and frightening path. Why should we fear, when the God of all creations is walking beside us. There are times what we do understand the intentions of God, when we walk a path of bad health, finical difficulty, stress at work or marriage. Yet, we serve God who knows the future. We can trust God during the dark nights when we cannot sleep due to worry and pain. Instead of questioning God, we will feel better if we praise God.

Be faithful to God and rejoice in His goodness to us. Compared to the eternity of Heaven, our suffering on earth is a short time. Stop struggling against the yoke God has placed on us, but with help of the Holy Spirit, walk the paths God has chosen for us with a faithful heart.

Matthew 11:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Those who are not faithful, but only walk with God in the good times, are in grave danger of being distracted from the truth into believing a false Gospel. Let us live our life for Christ so we may hear these words when we are face to face with God.

Matthew 25:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Let us live in a way that we will hear Jesus say those words, when we enter Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Blessings
I was privileged to be able to go to church, this morning. It has been awhile since I made if on Sunday. I had a few issues. I lost my voice after singing awhile. This is normal when you have COPD. I had to sit through most of the service, because I am having issues with my right foot. What is important I left feeling the love of God on me and the love of my Pastors and my Church family.

Hebrews 6:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

God wants to bless us. We are His children. Even if we are too crippled to go to Church, there are a lot of alternatives. Some Church do live videos. There are Preachers on TV and YTube. We can seek the blessings of God in prayer.

John 20:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

We can be joyful when turn our concerns over to God. We can trust Him with all our concerns and fears. We can trust Him with our hidden concerns and fears. We can trust Him to forgive our sins.

Nehemiah 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

May God bless and keep you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 20, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Let Us Not Be Envious

Envy is a sneaky little snake, that Satan loves to sneak into our lives. Someone gets a new house and when we see it, our house looks so small and old compared to theirs. When we first feel the little envy snake crawl into our mind, rebuke it in the name of Jesus. Do not let the snake get comfortable. If we do this little snake will grow and we will find ourselves overwhelmed by the sin of envy.

There are times that we are around braggarts that envy can sneak into our hearts. They go on and on about how their lives are perfect, their relationship with their husband is perfect, their job is perfect, etc. You get my point. Most of the time people who brag so much are not happy. They brag to boost their own needs.

James 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Acts 13:45 King James Version (KJV)
45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

When the Jewish Pharisees, saw the crowds that Paul drew, they were envious of him and struck out in anger against him. Instead of listening to what he was saying and learning the truth of the Gospel, they sought for ways to get back at Paul.

Learn to be content in your circumstances. We are quite happy in our little duplex. We know if we had a big house with a second story, we would not be able to climb the stairs. For us that have reached our 60’s a smaller place is easier to clean.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2019
Happy Friday,

God Is Talking To The World

God is talking to the world, but the majority of the people are not listening. The world is literally, shaking as God sends out His warning, that His judgment is coming soon. Just like in the days of Noah, the world is not listening. For one hundred years, Noah warned the people.

Today the world is being warned by Pastors, Teachers, and Writers. The world can hear the truth on the radio, watch it on TV, and read it on the Internet. God is proclaiming that the time of grace is ending, to all will listen. The earth, itself is shaking, with earthquakes, happening all over the world.

Just as in the days of Noah, the world as a whole, is refusing to listen to God’s warning. Instead of being ashamed of their sins, people wear their sins with pride, for all to see. Each day their hearts grow harder and their pride in sin grows stronger.

As children of God we pray for the lost and long for the soon return of Jesus, for His people. The devil knows the times and he is preparing the people to believe a lie, when the rapture happens. No longer is the talk of aliens consider to be thinking’s of the ignorant. Many believe the devil will blame aliens for the removal of the Christians from the world. He will convince the world that they are better off with the Christians gone.

As we wait for the return of Jesus, we spend our time praying for lost souls and working for God. We offer up our praises to God, as a sacrifice of praise. We wait with hope and anticipation for our Hope of Glory is coming soon.
Betty

Colossians 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 18, 2019
Happy Thursday,

The Urgency of the Times

Most Christians, including me, live like Jesus is coming in 10 years. There is no urgency in us that forces us to reach out to lost souls. We have become complacent and relaxed in the day we are living in. We have become more concerned about little things and blind to the knowledge deep in our souls that cries out that the time is short.

Do we grieve over the sin that has over taken the masses? Has gay pride parades become so common that we no longer see that the parade is filled with lost souls that are going to hell? We are disgusted by the parades, but have we ever prayed for the individuals in the pride? God forgive me, for I have never stopped to pray for these souls, choosing only to turn my head away in disgust.
So close to the coming of our Lord and Savior, yet our hearts do not burn in the knowledge that every day, souls are going to hell.

We pray for the soon return of Jesus, but are we reaching out to every soul that we can, before his return? Do our hearts grieve for the lost? We can become so busy in our lives that we do not see the lost souls around us. When someone dies, we feel badly, yet we do not grieve over their soul that is going to hell.

Let us pray that God will give us a soul that grieves for lost souls. We cannot only pray for those we know, but pray for those we do not know. I am guilty of saving a quick prayer for lost souls, but my heart is not in my prayer. Shameful!
I have cried watching a TV show when a character dies, but how often do I cry when a person who has lived their life for fame and glory died?

I prayed for God to tell me what to write and the words He has given me, cuts me to the heart. My sin of not caring like I should is out open for all to see.
My eyes filled with tears for the words that God has given me has showed me my own failures in not caring enough for lost souls.

God gives us a heart that morns for those who live in sin. May we do more than just be angry at those who promote abortion, but grieve for them. Each day they are adding to the intensity of their suffering that will be theirs in Hell. Can we not take time to pray that their eyes will be open to the truth? May God give us a soft heart that grieves for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Closed Ears Can Lead to Hard Hearts

We can choose not to listen to God. As Christians we can resist hearing God because we are rejecting His Will. When God leads us to another place to live, another job, or another role in the Church, we are tempted to stop listening to the Holy Spirit. We do not want to hear the voice that leads us where we do not want to go. We either turn off our hearing, our spend our time begging God to change His mind. If we look, we can find people who agrees with us. Do we want to have our way our God’s.

Many unsaved know the truth, but they are rejecting the truth. They resist surrendering their will to God. They do not want to change their life styles and habits. They do not realize that every time that they say no, their ears become a little more closed and their heart become hardened, and soon the Holy Spirit will never speak to them again.

Acts 28:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them

We choose whether to listen to God or not. We choose to accept the truth or turn away from the truth. Sinners will go to hell if they reject the truth. Christians will lose blessings that could have been theirs, when they refuse God’s Will.
Let us, choose to turn away from the devil and the calling of the world. There is nothing this world can offer us that is better then the love of God and eternity in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Obsession

I read a book by a Pastor, about 30 years ago. He wrote that his wife wanted a house they could not afford. The Pastor told his wife to picture that house in her mind every day and God would give her that house. Even when I read the book, back all those years, I did not think that was Biblical. At least I never read anywhere in the Bible that we should do that.

We can become obsessed with wanting something to the point that it becomes an idol. It can be a house, a car, a boat, or many other things. God does say He will give us the desires of our heart, but it is dangerous to become so obsessed with what we want, that we can push God off the throne in our heart. In other words, what we desire becomes more important to us then God to us.

God does give us things. It is not wrong to pray for something, as long as we seek God’s will and we do not make an idol out of that desire. The one obsession we should have is: God. God must be first in our lives. We should seek to do His will.

Psalm 37:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Sometimes God does say no to our requests. God knows the future. When we pray for God’s Will, His Will may be different then ours. We will be happier to live in God’s Will over our own desires.

Obsession: Our obsession should be to live for God and do His will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 15, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Contentment

Our level of happiness is often determined by our willingness to be content in whatever station in life. When we begin to become dissatisfied with where we live and what we have we can become depressed and even bitter.

Philippians 4:11-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to [a]be abased, and I know how to [b]abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through [c]Christ who strengthens me.

There is nothing wrong with praying for a new car. What is important is to be content with the car you can afford. Do not envy your neighbor traffic has a better car. A car is just transportation. A 20 thousand dollar car can get you home as well as 50 thousand dollar car. But if you purchase a car you cannot afford, you will be miserable trying to pay the car notes.

Sadly many good Pastors have allowed their desires for being rich to cause them to no longer Preach the truth of the Gospel, instead preaching Sermons that tickle the ears. The Church grows bigger and the Pastor can live the lifestyle that he craved. There will come a time when the Preacher will realize they are not content. Sadly, they do not see their need to go back to God’s Word and preach the truth. The fear of losing what they have is too great! Paul lived His live in contentment because he learned to be satisfied. He had ever reason to be angry and bitter, but he chose to be content.

Thankfully there are Pastors who care more about feeding the flock, then riches. These Pastors do not fear preaching the truth. They know the work they do will bring souls to Christ. They encourage their flock when they are suffering. They have put God first in their life. We also should be content in what we have and put our investment in eternity over riches here.

The richest man on earth does not know the joy of what Heaven will be like. There is nothing wrong with being rich unless you got there by compromising and committing sins. When your love of money is more then your love for God, then you have lost your way. This is why so many rich people are unhappy. Stuff does not bring you joy. Only God can bring you joy. You cannot worship money and God at the same time. We can either be content in the place God has put us or live in misery and bitterness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 14, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Hubby and I are in a lot of pain today, to the point it hurts to move. I have a low fever. In other words, we feel miserable. All of us who are getting older and suffer from Arthritis, have days like this. This is one of those times we can offer up to God the sacrifice of praise. Remembering our circumstances do not reflect our faith in God. We praise God in spite of how we feel.

God is entitled to all our praise. Life struggles can get us down, but trusting in God will build up our faith and trust in God. We learn from past battles that when we go through life’s struggles, God is with us. The devil will try to use our circumstances to pull us away from God and weaken our faith. We must make the effort to turn away from the lies of the devil and put our complete trust in God.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

When this storms of life comes, and they will, remind yourself that God is in control. When we see the evil growing stronger and wide spread, remind ourselves that we are still protected by God. As the Bible says, we are indeed living in the days of Noah, but we are secure in God. The devil can physically hurt us and even take our life but our souls and spirits are secure in God, if we have committed our lives and souls to God. There is no promise of security to those who sit in a Church of every Sunday, then live in sin. Some who proclaim their faith in God, go as far as promoting sin as being acceptable to God. These people do not know God.
Betty

Matthew 7:17-24 King James Version (KJV)
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Haughty and Proud

Obadiah 3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?
4 Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the Lord.

We often hear celebrities and politicians talk about their station in life with arrogance and pride. Taking credit for everything that they have accomplished. In some instances they are responsible for their position because they have lied and destroyed others to get to the top of the ladder. The Democratic Party was so sure that Hillary would win over Trump, that had champagne bottles open to celebrate her victory.

When she lost, the Democratic Party begin to show their true selves. The evil spouting from their mouths was shocking to almost everyone. It is now 70 times Nancy has refused to allow the bill to protect babies born during an abortion to be allowed to be addressed in front of Congress. How can the world not see how evil it is for a baby that it is born alive during a procedure to be murdered? Murder has become so acceptable that a handicapped young man is being starved to death by the hospital against the desires of the young man and his family. There is a bill in Congress to starve people with dementia. They arrest people for starving their animals, which they should, but approve of starving people. Where is the outrage? I will tell you. The world will be complicate until it is their loved one that is going to be murdered. God help us!

The media was all a glow over the gay woman on the US Soccer team refused to place her hand over heart during the National Anthem. When they had their parade to honor the team, she dropped the f-bomb. She has since go onto say that homosexuals are superior to straight people. Gay’s fight for equality is now going to be fighting to be accepted as superior. Pride has led to arrogance and haughtiness.

Gays are not the only ones who take pride in their sins. Abortionist and those who fight for abortion have allowed pride in their sins to hardened their hearts.
They have convinced themselves that they are doing God’s work. In essences they have placed their beliefs over the Holy Bible. Sadly, Preachers and Holy men have forsaken the truth of Bible and laying before the altar of homosexuality and planned parenthood clinics. They have abandoned the truth and become a tool of the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2019
Happy Friday,

Clean Hands And Pure Heart

Psalm 24:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

When we read that verse, we may become ashamed of our past. This the devil trying to discourage us. This is why we remind the devil and ourselves, our hands are cleaned and our hearts made pure by the Blood of Jesus. Salvation is not a license to sin, but when we do sin, we seek forgives from God. This new belief that we do not seek forgiveness from sin to be saved is a lie from the devil.

Seeking forgiveness is essential to salvation, but it also has a second purpose. We must humble ourselves to seek salvation and lay down our pride. Then not only are our sins forgiven but we can be at peace knowing that we are forgiven.
Of course the devil likes to play in our mind a playlist of past sins. This is when we remind him that we know the He is the father of liars and we know we are secure in the hands of God.

Laying aside pride is not easy, but essential to salvation, but God warns us that pride comes before a fall. Pride can keep us from accepting correction from others and from God, too. Going around saying bad things about yourself is also another side of pride. Stop bragging about your past sins and brag about the love of God, that takes sinners and turns them into His Own Children. Instead of dwelling on your past, rejoice in God who has redeemed you for His Glory. If we have been been saved we are no longer a worm but a saved child of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Sheep Without A Shepherd

Matthew 9:36 King James Version (KJV)36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Some sheep have never known the shepherd, because they rejected His call to them. Some have walked with the Shepherd only to leave the flock, looking for greener pastures. All need the Shepherd, yet, not all are willing to live in the pasture of God’s Will.

The world paints a beautiful picture of sin. Living with the world, is shown to be glamours. People in fancy clothing dancing and drinking, some even using drugs, yet all with smiling faces. Sexual exploits outside of marriage. The marriage covenant broken by affairs. Yet everyone appears to be happy.

The end pictures are not shown. No one wants to talk about how alcoholics and drug addicts lose jobs and affairs end in broken marriage and lives. When the glamor wears off a person from years of abuse, they become a has-been in Hollywood.

You do not have to be famous to have your life fall apart. I read somewhere that sin takes you further then you want to go. The devil invites people Into places that sound fun and delightful but they only lead to death. God promises the Glories of Heaven to those who follow Him. Yes, there will be pain and sorrow between the starting line and the finish line, yet the joy on the other side is so precious words cannot even begin to describe it.

Let us not be sheep that live to close to the line of sin. Let us be the sheep that stay as close to the Shepherd as we can. When temptations comes call out to God. Do not even listen to the lies of the devil. The more we listen to his lies, the more easily we will fall for his lies. May God help us to stay close to Him and not to wander from the fold.
Betty

https://youtu.be/ebelr6d8D70

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2019
Happy Wednesday.

Fear Not

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Why does God remind us time and time again not to fear? God knows how mankind is tempted to fear. Fear can start out as a little seed and quickly grow into a huge tree. We can be tempted to considerate on fear to the point that we no longer see God.

Do not allow yourself to be overcome by fear. Instead at the first moment fear enters your mind, cry out to God. God is able to squash a seed of fear and a tree with just a Word. Yet, why should we allow a seed of fear grow, when we can allow God to remove it when it is just a little seed. Why do we spend days and nights feeding our fears? Have we forgotten our Savior? Have we forgotten the power God has?

There are millions of things in this world to fear. Yet God is in control and with Him in our hearts we can seek God to remove fears from our life. When we place complete trust in God then we can be at peace though the ground around us shakes and the devil screams doubts into our ears. Say goodbye to feel and welcome trust in God unto your hearts and minds.

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Listening to the birds singing give me comfort and peace of mind for I know that God sent them to encourage me.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Stuck On The Wrong Thing

As many of you, know I am dealing with brain inflammation, which causes headaches and confusion, for about three days my mind has thought that we are living in the year 2013. Luckily for me my tablet has the date at the top, so each day I check that.

We can get stuck on things, as Christians. The devil loves to bring up a past instance when someone hurt us. He can have us dwell on those kinds of instances for days. If we are not careful, we can allow bitterness to overcome us. If we have forgiven that person then we must move on. When the devil brings ups the past, whether it is a sin against us or a sin we committed, we must choose to let it go.

Our Heavenly Father does not want us to condemn ourselves for years over a sin that He has forgiven us of. Nor does He want us to allow our mind to brood over past hurts. We have the ability to choose to allow a thought to go on its way. If it seems you cannot let it go, then pray and do something to get your mind to move on. Listen to Christian music and sing along with it. If we are praising God, we cannot be dwelling on our past sins and past sins against us. Remind ourselves of how much God has forgiven us and how sinful it is not to forgive others.
Betty

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 | NIV |

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Matthew 6:14 | NIV

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Colossians 3:13 | NIV | peace

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2019
Happy Monday,

“What Do We Say”

Have you ever been a position where you did not know what to say? What do we do in these times? We pray silently. There are times that God will give you the words to say, when He does say them. There are other times when all you get from God is silence. Why? He knows the other person’s needs. This may be a time that what the person needs is a loving hug and a promise to pray for them.

We are to be a willing vessel for God to use. A person in pain or grief does not need a speech we have rehearsed. They need our love our sincere love. They do not want to hear you say, that you know what they are feeling. Truth is we do not know.

So many times I sit with my tablet in my lap and I have no words to say. This requires me to open my ears and heart so God can lead me. When I allow God to move through me, then I am secure from criticism. My Ministry is to write what God tells me to write. I am not so vain to think that I always get it right. Yet, there is a secure feeling when I allow God to work through me. Knowing when to speak and when to be quiet, requires us to allow God to show us the way. Trusting in God brings peace of mind in everything we do.

“What do we say? We say the words that God gives us?”
Betty

Luke 12:12 The Voice (VOICE)
12 The Holy Spirit will give you the words to say at the moment when you need them.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 7, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Our Way

When we become a Christian, God doesn’t save us and then throw us out into the world with no instructions. We have God’s Holy Word for instruction and the Holy Spirit. The Word of God tells us what sin is. The Holy Spirit warns us when the devil tempts us.

We are a blessed generation. If our health causes us to miss Church, there are many Spirit-led Preachers on YTube we can watch. We have many books written by Spirit filled writers. We have resources for learning about and knowing God.

We must remember no matter how we respect the person or the writer, if they say something or write’s something that differs from the Bible, then we turn away from them. God’s Word is always the truth and our guide. We find our way when God’s Word comes first.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Give Me A Caring Heart

We live in a world, where evil runs rampant. It is easy to develop a cold heart to protect ourselves from the pain of hearing about the evil. We can allow our hearts to become callous to the hurting that is all around us. This is not pleasing to God. We need a warm heart that grieves with those who have suffered lost. A sensitive soul that cares about others who are suffering.

It is tempting to close our ears to the suffering, refusing to watch the news so we will not hear of the bad things happening around the world. It is heartbreaking to hear about abused children, elderly, and animals. Yet, learning of these cruel occurrences, gives us an opportunity to pray for those involved.

A caring heart is easily bruised, but a tool to serve God with. We pray for the hurting and abused and then we pray for comfort for them and ourselves. Let us pray that we do not develop a cold and insensitive heart. We can be a blessing to others when we open our eyes and hearts to the truth of the evil in this world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 5, 2019
Happy Friday,

A Divided Country

We were blessed to spend the 4th with my daughter-in-law’s parents. We had a wonderful time. Yesterday was a celebration of our Country’s freedom. I am grateful for our Religious freedom. Unfortunately, this freedom is slipping away.
Politicians and Hollywood are caving to the demands of the LGBT. By doing so, they are putting our Religious freedoms in danger.

America has become a divided Country. The Democratic Party hates our President so much, that they are willing to destroy our Country. Their hate and propaganda has divided the American people. Violence has grown to the point that children setting fire to a 92 year old veteran is no longer shocking anymore. The ANTIFA group attacks a Vietnamese gay reporter and the Mayor of the City tells the police to stand down. Hatred of the Military, Police, and conservatives has grown to the point that our lives do not matter to Democratic Leaders.

What is going on? This world is being prepared to accept the anti-Christ. This world is desperate for a person who can come in and fix things. The world has rejected God and will give control of the world to the devil. Peace at any cost will be their desire. Giving up our Country’s freedoms will just be considered the reality of having peace. Cherish you Religious freedom while you can. Soon the Bible will be considered hate speech.

Fellow Christians, fear not. God warned us of the days we are living. We are so close to the rapture. Keep our faith in the One true God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 4, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Happy Birthday America,

The Pilgrims came to America so they could have Religious Freedom. They would be appalled that after all their sacrifices, to see how far America has fallen. Politicians want to take away Religious freedom. They have bills waiting to be signed that would make the Holy Bible hate speech. If they accomplish this, it is only a matter of time when other states will do the same.

Too many people find Scriptures that disagrees with their life style, to be hate speech. They are offended that God is male. They are offended that God proclaims marriage to be a man and a woman join together as one. They are offended that the Bible is against abortion. They are offended by the Holy Bible and God.

We are just inches away from reading certain text from the Bible, will be consider hate speech and illegal. For today let us celebrate our Countries Birthday. These things are beginning to happen are not a shock to God. He warned us in the Bible that these things are the sign we are living in the last days.

God’s Holy Word will survive these days. The world is soon going to be entering the days of judgement, but God and His Holy Word will still be stand forever. Now is the time of salvation. Jesus is coming soon for His Own. May He find us working faithfully for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 3, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

To Be One Of Them

I have an Christian acquaintance who says that he cusses a lot around his friends and family, so that they will feel like he is one of them. God did not call us to this kind of behavior. A Christian should behave differently. We are not going to bring our friends and love ones to Christ when our behavior is more like a non Christian.

Several times I wanted to correct him on this belief and God stopped me, from speaking. Instead I have prayed for him to see the truth. We weaken our testimony when we act one way at Church and a different way in front of our non Christian family and friends.

God is not asking us to be perfect, but when we purposely sin to fit in with others we have cheapen our salivation and God will hold us accountable. As God’s children, we need to behave like God’s children. Our behavior should reflect Christ in us and God forbid us to bring shame to God by our behavior.

We are not saved to live and talk like the world. We are saved to be a light of conviction on the world so that they can see their need of a Savior. May God help us to live more and more like a child of God, so that others can see Jesus in us.
Betty

Today is Hubby and me’s 49 Wedding Anniversary. This is a miracle for God has had to do a lot of work in us.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2,2019
Happy Tuesday,

Fear of God

A Christian should have referent fear of God, so that we always treat Him with reverence and respect. We know God loves us very much and we love Him, but at the same time God is Holy and perfect. This requires us to treat Him with the Honor due Him.

Hebrews 12:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Respect is hard to find in the world today. People used to respect the President, Police Officers, and Military. Sadly the youth of today have never been taught respect for anyone. We need to be careful not to treat God like a human. He is God and above all. It is so sad to hear people talk so disrespectfully about God. They have no idea who they are talking about.

Keep on trusting God and looking up for the soon return of Jesus. While we always want to treat God with the honor due Him, it is still a privilege to serve our Lord and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 1, 2019
Happy Monday,

Being Used

“No one uses me”. No God is going to tell me how to live my life?” This is often the cry of the world. If you refuse God, the devil will use you. He will use you to discourage the children of God. He will use you to promote evil. He will use you until you are no longer useful to him, then throw you away like garbage.

If we give ourselves over to God, and allow Him to use us, for His Glory, He will bless us in many ways. Everything we give up here on earth, will be replaced in Heaven with something far better. God will not abandon us even when get old and crippled. He will continue to love us even when we make mistakes and sin. We ask for forgiveness and He doesn’t withhold forgiveness from us.

Serving God is a privilege the world doesn’t understand. When we become a Christian, we become a member of the family of God. God not only provides for us on earth, but there is a glorious Heaven, a waiting for us on the other side. Keep in mind that God gives us free will and He is not going to force you to serve Him, but when we do, our hearts will overflow with the love of God and the Holy Spirit which lives in us, will guide and comfort us.
Betty

Joshua 24:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 30, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Always Available

God is always available to hear our cries. In the middle of the night when we cannot sleep due to pain or worries, God calls us to cry out to Him. When we call out Him, He will give us peace. The devil brings discord and confusion, our Heavenly Father wants to wrap us up in His love and peace. Too often we listen to the devil’s lies and reject God.

There are times that our health issues makes us confused. When we go to God and pray and listen to Him, He will calm us and bring us peace. In those quiet moments we spend with God, we are reminded that God is in control. We can lay aside our fears and trust Him.

Knowing He is always available, takes away our fears. Resting in His love brings comfort in the dark times of our lives. Trusting in Him will bring peace and joy. There are times that we physically need rest. We can Rest In Peace, knowing God never slumbers. His angels watch over us through the night, keeping us from harm.

Are we grateful for the goodness of God? Do we praise Him for watching over Us? Are we guilty of taking His love for granted? We must examine our hearts to find out. Let us be grateful children of God and honor Him with our praise and our lives.

2 Corinthians 13:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 29, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Shameful Words

With the internet, someone you never met can burn you with their words. We have seen this with the way the Democrats have gone after the President and anyone associate with the White House. You can be a nobody an be put to shame for posting that you are against abortion.

If you see no pride in gay marriage and multiple genders you are risk of being shamed from the left. Disagreeing with the left opens you up to to be ridiculed. Soon it will be considered hate speech to quote Scripture that disagrees with the left movement. The Bible itself will be considered hate speech.

Sadly, the left movement doesn’t realize that they are clearing the pathway for the anti-Christ to come on the scene. The left will open their arms wide and welcome the anti-Christ to rule over the earth. By the time, they realize that the anti-Christ will insist the world worship, Himself, it will be too late for people who take pride in their belief that there is no god.

The Bible makes it clear that most of the world will buy into His lies, but there will be those beheaded because they do not believe in any God. Of course the anti-Christ will go after with a vengeance, anyone who worships the true God of Heaven. Satan is already nipping at the heals of Christians. Coming against everything they say and do. Filling people’s minds and hearts, with hate , against the One True God, the God of the Bible.

Satan seeks to bring confusion and fear into Christian’s hearts and minds. Jesus calls us to keep our eyes on Him. Our redemption is drawing so close and the devil is literally pouring evil over this world, yet the world is blind to the devil’s intent and instead openly embraces sin. Sin is becoming something to be praised and pride of, in the world today.

Pray that we Christians keep a gentle heart but stand up for the truth. God did not call Christians to assault atheist with man made weapons. We are not fighting against flesh and blood but the evil spirits that have taken captive the Democrats and others who praise abortion, gay pride, and gender confusion.
Our part of the battle, will soon be over and Jesus will,come to take us home to Heaven. May God fill us with His Holy Spirit so that we stay strong in our faith in God and walk with Him daily.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June28, 2019
Happy Friday,

Running From God’s Will

God’s will is often different from our own will. We want to go one way and God is leading us in a different direction. Have you ever tried to change God’s mind? I have. Our heart know that God’s Way is the best, but all we can see is how much we want something different. It is a relief when we stop struggling and give into God’s Will.

This does not mean the God’s path will not have struggles and pains. God often puts us on a path of pain so that we could grow spiritually. We can actually look back to where we come from and see the changes God has made in us, because we walked through the floods and the fire. It is not only that God helped us survived through the pain but He has allows our heart to grow spiritually.

Just because things go wrong, doesn’t mean that God did not have a reason for us to travel a certain path. Good meaning Christians may think we are out of the will of God, because we are suffering. We go to God and pray and ask Him if we are in His will. If he assures us we are on the path He has chosen, then we pray for grace and strength to make it through. When we are assured by God we are on the right path, it is okay to ask others to pray that we will STAY in God’s will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 27, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Daily Grind

When you work it seems every weekday is another day to struggle through. Yet, every day is another day for us to seek to please God. We seek because, we can over look opportunities to do God’s Work. Even us retired people miss opportunities to share the love of God with others. We can be so focused on getting things done that we miss precious opportunities to be used, by God. Only God knows how many opportunities come our way that we never see.

What do we do? We pray each day for God to open our eyes to see ways we can work for Him. When we see hurting people, pray for them. Sometimes we are given opportunities to say a word of encouragement. Other times all we can do is say a silent prayer for them. You might say: “I am hurting too!” What better way to share God’s love then to offer encouragement in the Doctor’s office or in line at the pharmacy. Hurting people are more accepting of your offer to pray for them, especially when you are hurting too. They know that you understand what they are going though.

We can make everyday a successful day. When you have days you are not able to leave the house, pray for others. Pray for our friends and families. We can even pray for people we do not know. We hear of someone on the news who was seriously hurt, pray for them. Pray for celebrities who are sick or have lost a loved one. Behind all the glamor is a hurting soul, that needs God, just as we do. It does not matter if we do not know them personally, God does.

With the help of God we can lay down the idea of each day is another day in the daily grind, but we can begin to see each day as another day to do God’s work.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 26, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Death

The Daily Bread was about death, today. Last night, I thought a lot about death, because I found out someone that I knew had passed away. We read everyday about someone dying, buy when it hits closer to home, it stings. I had not seen this lady in years and yet there was a sting to my heart, to hear she had died.

1 Corinthians 15:55 King James Version (KJV)55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

This verse doesn’t mean that there is no sadness, associated with death. A Christian loses their battle with death and we are sad. Hallelujah, they lost the battle but not the war.

2 Corinthians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

The moment we die, our spirit leaves our bodies. It we are not a Christian, our spirit go to hades. If we are a Christian, our spirit goes to Heaven. Of course we are still sad when we lose a loved one. They are no longer with us, but when an unsaved loved one dies we rejoice, knowing that they are with God.

It is different with an unsaved person. We can take comfort that many do get saved on their death bed. This is not to say we should we wait until death to get saved. Sometimes people die instantly. Only God knows. This is why we pray so much for our lost loved ones and friends.

Jesus defeated death with His death on the cross and His victory in His resurrection. The time that we are apart from our Christian family and friends is only temporary. We will be with them again for eternity. Comfort one another with this knowledge.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 25, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

“Who Does God Want Me To Be?

When we become a Christian, it is said, that we become a new person in Christ. That is true, but the Bible is talking about a new improved version of ourselves. We are still the same person before and after salvation on the outside. It is the matters of the heart that God is concerned with.

Luke 6:45 King James Version (KJV)
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Proverbs 4:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

God is not going to change us into Pastor Billy Graham or any other great Christian. He wants to make of us, a great Christian. He wants to use us for His glory not change us into someone else. While God changes our hearts, we still have to deal with ourselves. If we tend to be harsh, then we ask the Holy Spirit to help us with this. We still have the same character as before. It is when we surrender our character to flaws to God that He begins to work on them. Becoming a new creature does not happen over night. It is something through the Lord’s help we work on daily.

Psalm 51:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

God will create in us a new heart and renew our spirit. There is somethings that we are responsible for.

Philippians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

First of all this verse is talking about Christians and not sinners. You notice Paul is talking to the Church family (his beloved). Salvation through Christ is immediate. We are saved the moment we give ourselves over to God. Salvation is also a continued process. We do not get saved and then go back to our same sinful lifestyle. Salvation required continued growth in Christ. God forbid that we are the same spiritually today as when we got saved 30 years ago.

When you take your newborn baby back to the Doctor for her first visit, the Doctor will check to see if the baby is thriving. If the baby is not thriving the Doctor will check for health problems and even neglect from the baby’s parents.
We can be guilty of neglecting our spiritual health. It is not God’s desire that we be a baby Christian years after we are saved.

God is not going to change you from a baby Christian into an adult Christian. As Paul taught, we do this with fear and trembling. For a baby to thrive, she must be eating properly. Are we feeding our souls? Do we sit week after week listening to cotton candy Preachers. Our do we step up to the plate for preaching that speaks the truth and convicts us of sin? Do not run from conviction and correction but embrace it as one would a mama’s hug. When we allow God to point out our sins and failures and repent and turn from them, we will grow spiritually into the person God has called us to be.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 24, 2019
Happy Monday,

“...That I may finish my race with joy”
(Acts 20:24 nkjv).

When I got up today, I put my robe on and went out to feed the bird. As usual, I looked up at the sky. The sky is a canvas and God is constantly painting different designs. This afternoon the sky is blue with puffy cotton candy styled clouds. We can rejoice when look at the handiwork of God.

Acts 20:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God

When Paul talks about finishing our race with joy, he is not talking about running and jumping and clapping our hands. He is talking about the joy the Holy Spirit gives us. We may finished the race physically challenged, but that does not mean we have to finish the race with a grumpy and resentful attitude.
We do not have to allow our physical bodies to dictate the attitude of our heart,
When we trust God, we can finish our race with peace of heart and mind, knowing when we cross that river of death, there will be no more sorrow or pain.

We want to run this race with pride not in ourselves, but pride in our wondrous Savior and Lord. Each day as we keep our eyes on Jesus and not focus on our problems, we will live in joy. The joy that only God can give. With this joy we can have days of pain and troubles and yet we firmly put our trust in our Heavenly Father. When we do this, He will give us a joyful heart and spirit. It is not a situation of just hanging on to the end but trusting God to be with us to the end.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 23, 2019
Happy Sunday,

What Do You See In The Mirror?

When we look in the mirror, we see ourselves, of course! If you are my age, it can be a shock to see how old you have become, especially when you crawl out of bed in the morning. The devil has his own mirror. I had a bad night last night and slept little. My Church starts at 10 and I just could not make myself get up. When I sat down to write my blog, the devil held up his mirror to remind me that I am not worthy of writing anything to encourage others, when I am a failure.

Truth is we do fail God, many times, yet in His love, He forgives us. If we were to walk up to the gates of Heaven with out the Blood of Jesus, we would be refused entry. We enter Heaven, not because we are so wonderful. We enter Heaven, because Jesus bought our freedom and redemption from sin. When the devil reminds us of our sins and failures, remind Him that you are saved by the grace of God.
Betty

Romans 5:8 New Century Version (NCV)
8 But God shows his great love for us in this way: Christ died for us while we were still sinners.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 22, 2019
Happy Saturday,

“You Cannot See Me”

Have you ever seen a toddler, standing in the middle of the room with his hands over his eyes saying: “You can’t see me”. Laughing we tell the child, that hiding his eyes does not hide himself from us. Yet we do the same thing.

When we sin, we try to hide it from God. We may cease to pray for awhile. The guilt can be so heavy that we are afraid to go to Church lest the Pastor sees guilty written all over our face. While it is true, we can hide our sins from others, we cannot hide our sins from God.

God knows everything. If you feel the tug of conviction from the Holy Spirit, then that is prove that God wants you to come back to Him and repent. Guilt is a crummy feeling and yet it is a way for God to bring correction to our lives. As long as we feel guilty about sin, there is a way back to God.

Many people have wondered how politicians can say with one mouth that they pray every day and with the same mouth push for abortion. Sadly these people have stopped listening so long to the Holy Spirit, that He no longer convicts them of their sin.

There does come a time when God does give up on a person and turns them over to a reprobate mind. This is very dangerous. So, when we are guilty, we should thank the Holy Spirit for still calling us to to the altar of repentance. Guilt is not pleasant, but it brings us back to the river of life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 21, 2019
Happy Friday,

Blessings From Heaven

Looked out my living room window, and saw the shrubs covered with tiny birds, this warmed my heart. I needed this because I got dizzy, when I turned around in my closet. It was if God was reminding me, that He still loves and cares about me. These little blessings give us peace in our heart and strengthens our mind.

When we have a grateful heart and mind, our Heavenly Father warms our souls with tiny blessings from above. It’s the little things that keep us going on the right path. That keeps us moving forward, when all we want to do is go back to bed and cover our heads. In this day and age when it seems every month or so, a different Pastor has fallen off the path of righteousness.

A friend of mine who grew up in Church along with his family and my children, told me that he likes a certain popular Pastor because he doesn’t preach on sin. The Pastor has quite a following because he will not preach on sin. Sadly my friend will not see until it is too late, the damage this Pastor has done to God’s Church. In the end many will see too late, it is better that the Pastor preaches on sin and you repent and turn from your sins, then to sit and listen, week after week comfortable in your sins. May God make us so uncomfortable in our sins, that we rush to repent and ask God to help us get out of a sinful lifestyle.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 20, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Tell Me A Lie- The Truth Hurts

Have you ever had a conservation with someone who wanted you to lie?
A lie only last so long and the reality of the truth sets in. When it comes to eternity, a lie is the cruelest action there is. While we would love to wrap our arms around a sinner and tell them that Heaven awaits them, this is the cruelest lie ever. Salvation comes through repentance and a change in our behavior. We cannot obtain salvation and continue to live in a pit of sin. There must be a change in our behavior.

God wants to save us, but He will not save us, if we continue you to live in the pig sty of sin. The Holy Spirit will convict us, but every time that we resist His call, our heart hardens a little more, until we are unreachable. Christ brings redemption to the sinner, only if they remove themselves from sin. Each time, we allow Satan to drag us back into the pit, the more we grow hardened and the less we will hear the Spirit’s call.

The closer we get to the end of grace, the harder Satan works to keep sinners in sin. Sadly, there will be shocked people left behind and even Pastors who stopped preaching on sin, because the congregation did not want to hear the truth.

Tell me a lie- I do not want to think about eternity.
Betty

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 King James Version (KJV)
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 19, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

In today’s world, we can be put in the position of pleasing God or man. Christians do not go out with the attitude that we want to stomp all over those who refuse to believe the truth. We do not make it our agenda to hurt the feelings of people. Yet, we are often put in the position to either speak the truth or encourage someone to believe the lies of the devil. Agreeing with the lies of the devil is a sin and if we continue down this path we can become estranged from God.

Romans 8:12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Pastors who refuse to preach that sin is sin, are disobeying God. They also have the blood on their hands of people going to hell, because they believed the lies of they preach. Refusing to preach on the truth of God’s Word, is a lie.

Pray that the Holy Spirit will encourage us to speak the truth in love. Encouraging one to stay in sin, is a sin unto itself. Standing up for the truth of the Gospel is painful. Jesus is coming soon! Should we remain silent when those, we care about are sliding down the hill into Hell? Speak the truth in love and then move on. We cannot force feed the Truth of the Gospel, to those who reject it. Praying always for the confused and the lost.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 18, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Listening to the birds talking to one another, at the moment. This refreshes my spirit and gives me joy. God must be pleased when we talk about His wonderful love and His greatness with others. It is easy to get caught up in the bad things of the world. If we are not careful we can become discouraged. We lose heart when we spend too much time looking at the world and not enough time looking to God.

While it may look like the devil is winning, God was gracious enough to give us the Book of the Revelations. God has spelled out the ending of this world and the devil does not win. Knowing how it ends, should fill our hearts with joy and peace. The devil’s victories are going to be short-lived. We press on through these troubled times, not only knowing the way it will end, but knowing we are not alone. God is with us, every step we take.

Today’s trouble will fade away, the moment we step into the Glories of Heaven. The joys of Heaven will cause the memories of suffering to fade away like the dew in the morning sun. Press on, my friends, Victory is closer then we can even imagine.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement