Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 14)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 5, 2021
Happy Monday,

Trust in the Lord

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. PSALM 37:5

I had a rough night, last night, and cannot seem to get my bearings today. Yet, I can encourage myself in the Lord. Even in times of confusion, I can feel the love of my Heavenly Father covering me with His wings.

We all have hard times, but we can know without a doubt, that God is with us. If we trust in Him, He will bring forth a good work in us. Whatever you are going through, today, I pray that God will make His love known to you and fill your heart with joy.
Betty

Revelation 22:20 New King James Version

I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 4, 2021,
Blessed Sunday,

Independence Day

Today we celebrate America’s Independence Day. Despite some College Professors, hate groups, and many liberals, there is still something to be proud of in being an American. Those who trash our Country refuse to acknowledge that thousand travel many many miles to enter this Country illegally to get the benefits this Country offers.

As important as Independence Day is there are people all over this world who are bound by sin. Jesus purchased salvation, with His precious blood so that all can go to Heaven. Sadly, too many refuse the precious gift of salvation.

Christians, let us never be embarrassed to share our faith in God.

Luke 9:25-26 Century King James Version
25 For what is a man advantaged if he gain the whole world, and lose himself or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed when He shall come in His own glory and in His Father’s and of the holy angels.

Enjoy the day and be thankful that you were born in a Country where your parents had the freedom to take you to Sunday School and to teach the truth of the Gospel. As we see this freedom slipping away, be grateful for the freedoms of today.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 3, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Humility Cures Worldliness”

James 4:7-10 New King James Version
Humility Cures Worldliness
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

We can become prideful, in our walk with God. When we begin to compare ourselves to others, we can become blind to our own sins, as we focus on the sins of others. This is a sin in itself, the sin of pride.

Proverbs 16:18 New King James Version
18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

The Bible says pride can lead to destruction. Let us not make excuses for our own sins, but come humbly to God and seek forgiveness. Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ, that God will protect them from sinning.

May God help us stay focused on Him and seek to live righteously in this sinful world. We pray for God to search our hearts and point out any hidden sins so that we can seek forgiveness.
Betty

A male and female cardinal has been coming to my bird feeders for weeks. Watching them encourages me and I am grateful to the Lord for my little diamonds of grace.

Today hubby and I celebrate 51 years of marriage. Anyone who knows us, knows this is a miracle by God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2, 2021
Happy Friday,

God Must Be First In Our Lives

Anything that comes before God is an idol and we are committing the sin of idolatry. That sounds harsh, but if God is first we will treat others in a Godly way.

Years ago a popular singer who was raised in a religious home, said that when she told her mom that she was bi-sexual, her mom told her that she loved her more than God. She thought that her mom had expressed the ultimate love to her.

The truth is she did not love her daughter enough. If she loved God first then she would have shared the truth with her daughter. What seems like perfect love today will be revealed as inadequate love on judgment day.

True love is speaking the truth. The mother could have told her daughter that she will always love her, but warn her that if she continues to live in sin, she will spend eternity in hell.

Truth, even spoken in love will not always be accepted. In a world where sin is celebrated and speaking the truth can get you canceled and in some places, arrested, it is harder than ever to speak the truth.

When we put God first, everything else will fall in place. We love each other with a stronger love when God is first in our lives. Friends and even relatives may consider you a radical, but it is better to be radical for God than to embrace sin and support sinful ways.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 1, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Going The Wrong Way

Canada is moving to make hate speech online a crime. On paper that sounds like a just ruling. Until you realize that the devil has convinced people that Scripture is hate speech.

If you going the wrong way, is it hate speech to be corrected? So many are living in sin, headed for an eternity in hell. Yet if you point that out to them, you are committing a crime of hate speech.

A childhood friend unfriended me on Facebook, after telling me she was fed up with me talking about sin. She stated that everyone knew what sin is and there is no need to rub it in their faces.

Yet there are Churches in America and around the world where the Pastor does not dare to talk about many sins, for fear of offering many in his congregation. Instead, they are giving sinners false hope. A hope that God no longer cares about sin.

If you ignore the Holy Spirit when He convicts you of sin, enough times, your heart will become so hardened that you can live in sin and feel no shame.

Hebrews 3:12-13 New King James Version
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but [a]exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
June 14, 2019
Happy Friday,
“Facts of Life”

After all the testing and the biopsy they have decided my confusion and pain issues is what they first thought, inflammation on the brain. One of the medications is high dosages of steroids. In a couple of days I will have a moon shaped, red face. One of the side effects of the steroids. Not so happy about that. Of course I will glad to see the headaches and confusion go away. Like the old theme song to the show Facts of Life. “You take the good, you take, the bad and now you have the facts of life.”

Life is like that. We have to do with good and the bad. Life is not meant to be miserable ride, that we get on at birth and just living till we die. God wants us to be at peace. We find our joy, in living for Jesus. Living in sin will bring misery into our lives and eternity in hell. When we are overtaken by problems, we go to Jesus and seek His guidance and help.

Not only does living for Jesus give us a joyful heart but a promise of eternity in Heaven. Where there will be no sickness, fear, or sorrow. Heaven is not a pipe dream, but a reality for our future. Work the job God has given you. Everything God has for you to do, will not always be understood by others. Friends and family might not always understand.

In this world today standing up for the truth, will often embarrass your friends and family. They would rather you kept your thoughts yourself. It may even become dangerous to speak the truth. This is why we pray for spiritual growth and put on the Armor of God, so that we can speak the truth at all times. It is much better to please God over people. Lies told in love can send people to hell.
Betty

Dear Father of Heavenly Lights,

today I faced things that felt like too much for me. And tomorrow I’m going to face more of the same things and probably new challenges as well. I need Your strength. I need You to hold me up and stand next to me in life’s storms. Perhaps I never really understood how literal Your promises are to give us strength for the day.

Maybe tomorrow could be my opportunity to learn what that means on a deeper level. But right now, I am praying for supernatural strength and healing to permeate every cell of my being so that I can find renewed strength beyond my natural ability. I know that this strength comes from You.

In Jesus’ name, amen.

Romans 8
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, (or illness) or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 5
1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle(body) do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.(the temporal with the eternal)
5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 30, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Intelligence-vs-Wisdom

Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” Matthew 11:25, NIV

Many refuse to see the truth of the Gospel. It is the simpleness of the Gospel that trips up many people. To often religious people add things to the requirements of salvation. The Jewish leaders did that in Jesus’ day and Jesus rebuked them for it.

There is nothing we can accomplish to earn salvation. Once we have become saved, we must pick up our cross and follow Jesus, but this is not to earn salvation. We serve our God and King because we love Him.

When a baby is born into a family, the baby has done nothing to earn the parent’s love. The baby is loved for existing. When we become saved, we are a baby, Christian. As we mature in the Lord, we seek to please our God, out of our love for Him.

Sadly there will be many in hell because they refused the simple faith of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 29, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Do Not Grieve The Holy Spirit”

Ephesians 4:30-32 New King James Version
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, [a]clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Live is often hard, for everybody. What is important, is our reaction to problems! Do we become angry? Do we blame those around us? Do we become angry at God?

The best reaction is to seek the face of God. We must remind ourselves that problems can be teachable moments. As children of God, we need to seek to grow in our faith and trust in our Heavenly Father. We want to walk daily worshipping and praising God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 28, 2021
Happy Monday,

Fear Not, Little Sheep!

“Promise #179:
I will rescue you from evil and safely deliver you into My kingdom.

2 Timothy 4:18 (WEB)
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work, 
and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom; 
to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen”

Just because evil is abounding, it does not mean that God has forsaken us. In a world where evil is celebrated, let us choose to celebrate the goodness of our Heavenly Father. Abstain from evil and choose to serve God in holiness. For the reality is, that every day, we must make a choice as to which voice to listen to. We must choose to listen to the Holy Spirit and ignore the many voices of evil, that surrounds us.

This world has chosen to give in to their fleshly desires and shut up their ears to the call of the Holy Spirit. They have chosen to live in sin and unless they repent, they will die in their sins.

We must seek to walk close to God and seek to walk in His will. We will not accidently walk in Spirit and truth, we have to make the choice to do so. Today God has lead my heart to speak about choices. May God help us to choose wisely and live daily in His will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 27, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Are We Watching For The Signs?

2 Timothy 3 New King James Version
Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, [b]unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Luke 21:11

“And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

The world sees signs in Nature, but they are under the illusion that mankind can fix Nature. What the Bible calls sin, mankind has glorified.
Just as in the days of Noah, mankind is living each day as if the world keeps going and with the help of themselves they can fix everything.

Sadly, too many Christians are so attached to this world they refuse to see the signs. Too many preachers are seeking to teach their flock how to fix the world’s problems rather than warn the flock of the coming judgment. Too many are like Lot’s wife who was more concerned about the place she was leaving and not concerned about where she was going.

Christians, let us keep our eyes on Jesus and our heart's longing for the rapture. We should be looking forward to the blessed hope. God help us to refrain from sin and to instead seek to live righteous lives. Be not overcome by sin but live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 26, 2021
Happy Saturday,

He Hears Us

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

We all have had times when we are talking to someone and it soon becomes obvious that they are not listening. Most of us have been guilty of this. The other person says something that sparks a memory and our mind is off on a rabbit hunt.

We will never have this problem with God. He always listens to His children. He is concern about our dreams, needs, and fears. It does not matter that He has heard them before, He still will attend His ears toward us. Take comfort in the knowledge that He is always there for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 25, 2021
Happy Friday,

Trust in God
There are some things we will not understand, this side of Heaven. My friends, God is not always going to explain things to us. He has called us to walk in faith. We do not know what lies ahead, specifically. What we must remember is to comfort ourselves with the knowledge that God knows all things.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

We must choose to wall in faith in all circumstances. Whatever path God takes is through, He will be with us.

Isaiah 43:2 New King James Version
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [b]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 24, 2021
Happy Thursday,

React in Gentleness

Titus 3:1-8 New King James Version
Graces of the Heirs of Grace
3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Let us be honest, there are times we want to react with aggression. When we feel as if we are a victim, our defenses becomes armed. Children of God, we do not have to live in a state of victimhood. When we feel offended or attacked, go to God, and talk to Him about our situation. Take it to God and ask Him to give you a heart of compassion, gentleness, and love.

Seek emotional healing from our Heavenly Father. When God heals our pain, then we can begin to share the love of God with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 23, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Faithfulness

• English word origin: Latin fides (assumed Indo-European bheidh- (to trust, have faith in, abide in).
* Definition: The quality of being faithful. ...
* Synonyms for faithfulness: true, constant, loyal, steadfast, devoted, staunch, and trusty. ...
* The Greek word found in Galatians 5:22 is pistis, which at its root is about holding fast or steady. ...

God wants His children to be faithful children. This is not too much to be asked to do. If our mate was the most devoted, generous, and kind, 27 days of the month but spent three day of the month with a lover, our relationship would soon end.

God will not tolerate ‘Sunday only Christians’. We cannot be God’s children on Sunday and the devil’s children the rest of the week. The Bible says we cannot serve two masters. We must make a choice. If we live like the devil all week, we might as well stay home on Sunday. If we choose to live in sin, our prayers and worship will never reach the ears of God.

Children of God, let us choose to live for God, faithfully.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 20, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

Today, will bring out mixed emotions. Many of us do not have our Fathers with us anymore. Of course, we miss them dearly. Some Father’s have lost a child. Whatever the situation, we can count on God, providing comfort.

Thank you to every Father who is bringing up their children in Church and teaching them how to live in righteousness. You are raising the next generation. God bless the dads and Happy Father’s Day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 19, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Mourning

“Promise #170:
I will give you a garment of praise in exchange for your spirit of heaviness.

Isaiah 61:3 (WEB)
to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they may be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.”

We mourn many thing in this life. We mourn the loss of a loved one, loss of a relationship, and loss of our health are just a few. Suffering loss can take us into depression. God wants us, instead, to reach our to Him. Cry out to Him for comfort and strength to carry on.

Even in great loss, God has not abandoned us. He is with us. When Elijah was surrounded by his enemies, he cried out to God, to open the eyes of his servant, so He could see that they were surround by God’s Army that out numbered their enemies.

In times of great stress, cry out to God to open our eyes so that we can see that God is covering us with His wings. The devil is a liar. We can stand with the help of God and we can be overcomers even in times of mourning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 16, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Ask God For Strength

We all deal with things that we do not talk about with others. While somethings would reveal a confidence so must keep these to ourselves, we should and must talk to God. Carrying out burdens and helping others carry theirs can drain us physically and emotionally, even though God told us to share the burdens of others. When we go to God, and ask Him to refreshen and strengthen us, He will.

It is an honor to pray for others, but also pray that God will give us the faith and strength to do so. When the opportunity arises, seek to encourage one another in our faith in Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 15, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Press In To God

In these last days of grace, there are two types of Christians. There are those who live deaf and blind to the meaning to these days. They pay no attention to the growth of the fig tree (Israel) and the gathering of nations against Her. There are others that have opened their eyes and hearts to the spiritual reality of what is going on around them.

2 Peter 3 New King James Version
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [b]perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The devil would love for us to take our eyes off the soon rapture and just live for today. To seek fulfillment in possessions and positions of power, ignoring the greater gift of living and doing the will of God.

Christians who refuse to see the signs of God will be taken unaware when the rapture occurs. They will face God with the knowledge that did not live up to the potential that God has planned for them. Sadly, it will be too late
to work for God.

Be Steadfast
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

We must choose to live steadfastly and faithfully for God. Keeping our eyes and hearts open to what is happening around us so that the rapture does not overcome us like a thief in the night.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 14, 2021
Happy Monday,

“Let The Little Children Come To Me”

Matthew 19:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Even as adults and even older adults we can go to God as a little child, seeking His face for our supplications. Whether it is answers to our many questions or just for guidance, comfort, or peace of mind.

Just as little children have so many questions for their parents and their loving parents take the time to answer all of them, so does God delight in our seeking for knowledge from Him. Even if God does not answer our questions at times, there is joyful fellowship to be had, spending time in the presence of our God and Savior.

Take the time to spend time with God, not just for answers to our desires and needs but just to experience His mercy and love for us.
Betty

“Promise #165:
Call out to Me and I will show you wonderful things you do not know.

Jeremiah 33:3 (WEB)
Call to me, and I will answer you, and will show you great things,
and difficult, which you don’t know.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Are You, Weary?

Matthew 11:28 New King James Version
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Are you weary and heavy-laden? Do you sometimes feel like giving up?
Congratulations, you have joined the camp of the Prophets and Apostles.
My friends, we all have times that we feel exhausted.

What did the men and women of God do? They went to God. He is the only one can give us the needed refreshment.

John 4:13 New King James Version
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,

Isaiah 44:3 New King James Version
3 For I will pour water on him who is thirsty,
And floods on the dry ground;
I will pour My Spirit on your descendants,
And My blessing on your offspring;

Let us seek God everyday for His Holy Spirit to fill us to overflowing, then ask God to help us to find ways to share His grace and love with others.
Do not give up. We are so close to the end. Heaven will be worth everything we did for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Am I Properly Dressed?

Colossians 3:12 New King James Version
Character of the New Man
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

When we get dressed for the day, let us ask God to clothe us spiritually, so that we can represent Him properly in a fallen world. When we are spiritually dressed, we will find ourselves reacting to circumstances in love rather than in anger.

We cannot control the actions of others, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can react as God wants us to, with gentleness, kindness, and love. Begin each day with prayer that God will clothe you in His righteousness,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2021
Happy Friday,

Listening to God and Others

A question we should ask ourselves: “Am I willing to listen to God and others?” We can get caught up in our own beliefs that we do not listen to the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit. When God sends others to speak truth in our lives, we can ignore that too.

We must be careful that we do not allow the world’s views to lead us away from the truth of God’s Holy Word. Just because some scripture is no longer popular into day’s world, does not change God’s opinion on sin.

So how do we know when to listen to the voices speaking in the world today or ignore them. We compare the voices with Scripture. God is not going to speak to you, anything that contradicts Scripture. God’s view on sin is still the same today as when the Bible was written. God will not change His mind about sin to please today’s worldly views.

Hebrews 13:8
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 10, 2021
Happy Thursday,

“Fill My Cup, Lord”

Just as we check the gas gauge on our car regularly, so we do not end up on the side on the road out of gas, we should check out the spiritual gauge. Many things in this life can cause us to become low spiritually. It seems sometimes that troubles come in three and this can overwhelm us.
Sickness can make us weak physically and spiritually. Sin can also move us from further from God.

It is good to take an assessment of ourselves and ask God to help us to see where we stand. We may need physical healing and rest. We may need to revalue the health of our souls. When we find ourselves lacking spiritually, pray for the Holy Spirit fill out souls to overflowing.

Let us pray that we finish this race on fire for God and living in His will.
Betty

Religious Music – Fill My Cup, Lord lyrics

Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy;
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from my well that never shall run dry".

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more--
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

There are millions in this world who are craving
The pleasures earthly things afford;
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.

Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

So, my brother, if the things this world gave you
Leave hungers that won't pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you,
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray:

Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 9, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Why Are We Still Here?

All Christians at times must wonder, why hasn't God come and caught us up to Heaven, yet?. For now it is God’s plan for us to be on this earth. He wants not to just occupy, but to work for Him. Everyone of us has a Mission for God. If we ask, God will tell us.

Everyone can pray for others. Some have the gift of encouragement. Some can be Sunday School teachers. Some can call others or send cards. Let us all seek to do the will of God as we wait for the rapture.
Betty

Ephesians 4:7-16
Spiritual Gifts
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:
“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”
9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also [d]first descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the [e]edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 8, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“What Might Have Been?”

My dear friends, too many of us or living in a land of what might have been. That land is not reality. Indeed, this is not the reality that we prayed and dreamed of. It does not even matter that this reality may have been achieved by corruptible actions. It is still our reality.

We must accept that what happened is what God allowed. His reason is above our pay grade. We must stop wasting our time on what might have been and seek God’s face so that we can work for God in our present circumstances

God has a plan and He will reveal His plan in His time. For now, we must live in faith. Trust in God and live faithfully for God and He will direct our path.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 7, 2021
Happy Monday,

“Have A Little Talk With Jesus”

When you wake up in the morning and before your feet hit the floor, take time to talk with God. Give God glory and praise even if it is just bits and pieces of Hymns and Praise and Worship songs, that you remember. Like the old Hymn says: “Have a little talk with Jesus”

This will start your day on good footing and your praises to God will lift up your spirit with joy and peace. As we begin to regularly spend time with God, our relationship with God will grow stronger.

When unexpected things happen you will be less likely to panic, because you have already opened up communication with God. In these times we need our faith built up and prayer and worshipping God will do this.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 6, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

The Twelve Spies

Numbers 13 Spies Sent into Canaan
13 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Send men to spy out the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the children of Israel; from each tribe of their fathers you shall send a man, every one a leader among them.”

Go command Moses to send 12 spies out to spy out the land of Cannon.
The twelve all saw and experienced the same thing, but only two had faith in God.

Numbers 13:
26 Now they departed and came back to Moses and Aaron and all the congregation of the children of Israel in the Wilderness of Paran, at Kadesh; they brought back word to them and to all the congregation, and showed them the fruit of the land. 27 Then they told him, and said: “We went to the land where you sent us. It truly [g]flows with milk and honey, and this is its fruit. 28 Nevertheless the people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large; moreover we saw the descendants of Anak there. 29 The Amalekites dwell in the land of the South; the Hittites, the Jebusites, and the Amorites dwell in the mountains; and the Canaanites dwell by the sea and along the banks of the Jordan.”
30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.”
31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we.” 32 And they gave the children of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature. 33 There we saw the [h]giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like[i] grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Caleb and Joshua were ready to go to battle knowing that God would bring them victory. The other ten sowed doubt and fear into hearts of the people. The ten chose not to trust God and they riled up the people to also doubt God.

Numbers 14 New King James Version
Israel Refuses to Enter Canaan
14 So all the congregation lifted up their voices and cried, and the people wept that night. 2 And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, “If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness! 3 Why has the Lord brought us to this land to [a]fall by the sword, that our wives and children should become victims? Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?” 4 So they said to one another, “Let us select a leader and return to Egypt.”

These people had seen of heard of the miracles of God. God bringing them out of Egypt. God parting the red sea. God providing mana and meat from the heavens. They knew what God was capable of, yet they chose to disbelieve that God would bring them to victory in Canaan.
God’s anger arose against the people but only Moses' prayer saved them from sudden death. Because of their disbelieve, only Caleb and Joshua would enter into Canaan.

Death Sentence on the Rebels
26 And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, 27 “How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who complain against Me? I have heard the complaints which the children of Israel make against Me. 28 Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you: 29 The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above. 30 Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I [g]swore I would make you dwell in. 31 But your little ones, whom you said would be victims, I will bring in, and they shall [h]know the land which you have despised. 32 But as for you, your[i] carcasses shall fall in this wilderness. 33 And your sons shall be [j]shepherds in the wilderness forty years, and bear the brunt of your infidelity, until your carcasses are consumed in the wilderness. 34 According to the number of the days in which you spied out the land, forty days, for each day you shall bear your [k]guilt one year, namely forty years, and you shall know My [l]rejection. 35 I the Lord have spoken this. I will surely do so to all this evil congregation who are gathered together against Me. In this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.’ ”
36 Now the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land, who returned and made all the congregation complain against him by bringing a bad report of the land, 37 those very men who brought the evil report about the land, died by the plague before the Lord. 38 But Joshua the son of Nun and Caleb the son of Jephunneh remained alive, of the men who went to spy out the land.

We can, too, forget the miracles that God jas done in our own lives and give into doubts and fear. Without faith, we cannot please God. We must choose to trust God in all circumstances, so we do not get led a stay, by the devil and his demons.

Hebrews 11:6 New King James Version
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 5, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Waiting in Hope

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

READ Romans 12:9–13

Our Spiritual Journey, from the moment of salvation until death or the rapture, is filled with times of waiting on answers from God. During these times not only does our patience grow, but so does our faith in God.

We choose how we will react to waiting. Do we get mad at God? Do we react in anger? We can choose to wait faithfully and peacefully. When the devil tempts us to react in anger or disbelief, cry out to God for help.
If we ask, God will give us a heart that is willing to wait patiently for God’s timing. We must remind ourselves, that God has perfect timing and that His love for us is firm, true, and everlasting.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 4, 2021
Happy Friday,

God Will Never Abandon Us

For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. HEBREWS 13:5

We can get so caught up in what is happening in this world today, that we lose hope. We need to remind ourselves, every day that God is with us when we wake up and we go to sleep.

God is not asleep on His throne. He is very much aware of what is happening in the world today. Everything that is happening is leading up to the tribulation. Christians, Jesus is coming soon. If we keep our focus on Jesus, we need not fear what is happening around us.

When we keep our focus on God, then God will replace our fears with perfect peace. When we do this, we can walk in faith and glorify our Heavenly Father amid this sinful world.

Luke 21:28

“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 3, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Sharing the Gospel in These Times

“Promise #154:
My Word will not return to me until it accomplishes what I intended.

Isaiah 55:10-11 (WEB)
10 For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky, and doesn’t return there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11 so shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing I sent it to do.”

We can become discouraged when we share the Gospel and the hearers reject the Gospel. Sometimes we are met with hate when we share the good news of the Gospel. Yet, God promises that His Words would accomplish what He intends.

Our job is not to save people. Our job is to share the Gospel and trust the Holy Spirit to do the work. When we realize this we can take ourselves out of the equation. A farmer plants many seeds. Some seeds will grow into wonderful plants but others will not. Our job is to plant the seed and allow God to work. Do our work out of a loving heart and trust God for the outcome.
Betty

Matthew 13:1-23 New King James Version
The Parable of the Sower
13 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 2, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“The Way Of The Cross Leads Home”

Matthew 16:24-26 English Standard Version
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

Most people want to go to Heaven, but many want to go a different route. There is no other way to Heaven but through the cross. Living a good life will not do it. We must be willing to lay down our selfish desires and serve God.

Luke 9:23 - And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Romans 8:7-8 - Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jesus does not invite us to take a stroll through a lovely garden, where everything is perfect and we can have everything we want. God will provide our needs, but must choose to follow Christ, down the path He chooses for us.

We begin our path at the cross of Jesus and we are supposed to walk in righteousness and truth. We must be willing to lay aside our own desires and walk in the will of God.

Philippians 2:8 New King James Version
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for us and He expects us to take up our cross willing and follow Him. There will be days that are hard but we find comfort in the arms of God. His love will sustain us and the Holy Spirit will guide us.

We can choose to remain babes in Christ or we can choose to grow in Spirit and in truth.

Hebrews 5:12 New King James Version
Spiritual Immaturity
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the [a]oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

Heavenly Father, Teach us to grow in spirit and truth. Help us to be willing to carry our cross to the finish line.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 31, 2021
Happy Monday,

Memorial Day

Over the years Memorial Day has lost its meaning. Most people see it as a three day weekend, a day to BBQ, or a day to shop for bargains. Today is supposed to be about taking time to honor those who lost their lives on the battlefield, fighting for our Country.

We are blessed if we can spend some time with family today. Let us also thank God for the men and women who chose to make the ultimate sacrifice, their lives, for our Country.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 30, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

God Will Never Leave Us

I did not make it to Church, today because I was having brain issues, so I turned over and went back to sleep. There will be times all of us have troubles, but remember God will never leave us not forsake us. We can trust in Him until the rapture or our last breath.

In these last days, let us not give in to doubts and fears, but cry out to Jesus for help. The devil would love for us to give up on God, but my friends we have traveled too many miles in our Christian walk to give up on God.

He has been watching over us all of our lives. God wants to spend eternity in Heaven with Him. May God gives us the faith to stay steadfast until the end!
Betty

1 Corinthians 15:58 New King James Version
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 29, 2021
Happy Saturday,

God Hates Sin

You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Psalm 45:7

God hates sin. Sin is a rebellion against God. God does not hate sinners, but there is no place in Heaven for sinners. A Righteous and Holy God cannot abide with sinners.

Every person must choose or reject salvation for themselves. We can pray for sinners but we can not force salvation on anyone. This is hard for us sometimes. We would love to drag our unsaved loved ones to the altar, but if we did, they would still leave the altar a sinner.

Be grateful for our salvation and continue to pray for lost souls. Live righteously for Christ and pray that we have a compassionate heart for others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 28, 2021
Happy Friday,

God Is Our Friend, But

God is our friend, but He is still Almighty God, the greater of all things. He wants us to talk to Him as a friend, but He is God Most Holy. How do we walk the fine line between friend and God?

Psalm 99:9
9 Exalt the Lord our God,
And worship at His holy hill;
For the Lord our God is holy.

We go to God, our friend, but we must treat Him with honor and respect. It is okay to tell God that you are upset but not to dishonor Him in anger. Our prayers must be enveloped in love. There are times that we must seek forgiveness for having anger in our hearts. Then we can openly share our disappointments and fears.

We cannot and should not make demands of God. Instead, we lay out our desires and needs and humbly seek His Will. When we do this we can come respectfully to the throne of God.

Acts 7:33 New King James Version
33 ‘Then the Lord said to him, “Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.

God may not call for us to remove our shoes today, but we should always come to Him with respect, for we serve a Holy God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 27, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Firm Foundation

Build on the Rock Matthew 7:
24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Is our faith in God planted on a firm foundation? Are we secure in our beliefs in Scripture Doctrine? Are we still a babe in Christ or have we matured to the meat of the Gospel?

If we only feed on cotton candy Gospel we are not spiritually mature. This is a dangerous position to be in. A famous female Bible teacher is saying, that anyone that says deny yourself is the devil. What does Jesus say?

Luke 9:23 New King James Version
Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross [a]daily, and follow Me.

If we are immature in our faith, we are going to fall apart at the first sign of trouble. How will we stand for the truth of the Gospel in these days when parts of Scripture are considered hate speech? When we are questioned are we going to speak the truth, mumble a few words that do not make sense, or change the subject? Are we willing to be unfriended for speaking the truth?

May God help us to speak the truth in love. God help us to grow spiritually so that we can recognize the truth and false Gospel. Flee from cotton candy Gospel, it may taste good, but it will not help you when the ground begins to shake.

We can see hate in the streets today. Strangers beating up people that they don't even know. Politicians calling those who disagree with them deplorable's. God help us to be mature enough spiritually, so that we can speak the truth in these days when the truth is considered hate speech.
Betty

Hebrews 6:15 New King James Version
15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 26, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

The Kingdom of God

“Promise #146:
I will show you the mysteries of My kingdom.

Matthew 13:11 (WEB)
He answered them, “To you it is given to know
the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven,
but it is not given to them.”

In safes in banks and homes are jewels of every kind hidden for safety. In art galleries there are paintings and art sculptures worth a king’s ransom.
Yet the awards that await us in Heaven would shame the richest of this world.

It is normal to notices a fine expensive car. It is normal to look at a house on the oceanside or by a huge mountain, and wonder what if. Let us never envy what others have for the reward coming to us far away the things of this earth.

Let us, instead put our focus on living a righteous and Holy life. The Bible says no eye has seen the glorious beauty’s that await us in Heaven.
Betty

“Psalms 138:7 ~ “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me: you shall stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand shall save me.” Proverbs 3:26 ~ “For the Lord shall be your confidence, and shall keep your foot from being taken.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 25, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Do We Hunger After Righteousness?

Matthew 5:6 (WEB)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,
for they shall be filled.

We can get so caught up in earthly needs that we neglect those things our soul needs. I know I am often guilty of this. God wants to meet our needs, but He wants us to long for spiritual needs as much as we do our physical.

Let us pray daily that we will be filled by the Holy Spirit so that we will be like the wise virgins. May God fill us with compassion for others. Every day seek to live in the will of God and His Righteousness. Pray for joy so that we can share that joy with others. Keep our eyes on the times we are in so that the rapture does not take us by surprise.
Betty

“A Channel Of Blessing To Others

Dear Lord Jesus, every good and perfect gift is a blessing from You and You have blessed me with so much. I ask that You would use me to be a blessing to others who are in need or facing difficulties.

Make me a channel of Your blessing, a channel through whom Your love and peace and joy and love flow out from You, through me to others. May I be Your hands to bless others. May You guide my feet to places where I can go and be a blessing. May my speech be seasoned with salt so that I may speak words of comfort and encouragement, and speak the truth in love. Give me the grace to be available when others are in need.

Lord, I pray that You may increase in my life and I may decrease, so that the blessings that You pour through me to others, may draw each one closer into the arms of the Lord Jesus. In His name I pray,

Amen.”

Source: https://prayer.knowing-jesus.com/Prayers-of-Blessings#:~:text=%20Prayers%20of%20Blessings%20%201%20Blessed%20Be,want%20to%20kneel%20before%20You%20today...%20More%20

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 24, 2021
Happy Monday,

Waiting On The Lord

“Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;” (Isaiah 40:31, NKJV). 

If we are honest, waiting for things is hard, especially waiting on answers to prayer. Yet in this waiting period, we can grow in the Lord. When the devil lies and tells you that God has forgotten you, draw closer to Jesus raise your voice in praise to God Almighty.

When you remember that the devil only wants to do evil to you, while our Heavenly Father, wants us to grow in Spirit and truth. When we song praises to God, we are worshipping our Heavenly Father and lifting up our own spirits. Have a blessed day and magnify the Lord with me.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 23, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

We Need A Savior

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Never apologize for Scripture. It is Holy and inspired by God Himself. Never be ashamed of Scripture. Scripture points out our sinful ways so that we can realize we are a sinner and need a Savior.

Sometimes it can be painful when God shines His Holy light over our sins, but how can we be reconciled to God if He does not show us our sins? It is so much better to have God revile our sin so we can repeat then spend an eternity in hell.

We will be condemned by this world for believing the truth of the Bible. Nancy Pelosi says if you are against abortion you are against democracy. This is a lie. I am old enough to remember being in elementary School at a time when love for God and Country was still taught in School. We said the pledge allegiance to the flag and the Lord’s Prayer every morning when the School day started.

Numbers 6:24-26 New King James Version
24 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord [a]lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 22, 2021
Happy Saturday,

There will be days that wo do not feel up to working for God. Maybe we did not sleep well. Maybe we are in pain. Yet, when we choose to step up to the plate and do the work that God requires of us, He will sustain us and strengthen us.

Matthew 11:30 New King James Version
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

When we are weak, lean more into God. Seek Him and you will find Him. Come humbly to Jesus and He will give us rest. Today, let us pray for those who are in prison for their faith in Christ. Pray that not only that God will sustain them but give them strength and courage.
Betty

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'"
John 7:38

Revelation 22:20 New King James Version
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 21, 2021
Happy Friday,

“God’s Still Working On Me”

There was a children's Christian song in the 90’s with those words. Paul talked about Christians being a work in progress.

Philippians 1:3-7 New King James Version
Thankfulness and Prayer
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from \\the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.

It is great news to know that God does not give up on His children. He patiently works behind the scenes to help us grow in Him. People my age remember the saying that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. The truth is we can grow in grace and spiritually until we take our last breath or the rapture.
Betty

Philippians 1:9-11 New King James Version
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 20, 2021
Happy Thursday

Delight Yourself in the Lord

Psalm 37:4 New King James Version
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Delighting ourselves in the Lord is a choice. It does not happen by accident. We can choose to only see our circumstances or we can turn our eyes on Jesus and delight in Him.

We must choose to encourage ourselves in the Lord and not give in to self-pity. Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we can choose to seek joy from the knowledge that God Almighty loves us with an everlasting love.

We are surrounded by evil and evildoers. It is easy to become discouraged and wonder why God is not doing anything. Remind ourselves that judgment day is coming and justice will prevail. Singing praises to God and worship in the midst of these days and He will fill our hearts with joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 19, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“She Did What She Could”

She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial.
Mark 14:

Most of ts cannot donate thousands of dollars to Missionaries. Most of us cannot leave our families and share the Gospel in faraway places. Yet, God can still use us for His glory.

Buying a hamburger for a homeless person is important to a hungry person. Our small offering in God’s hands can do miracles. A kind word to a discouraged person can lift up their spirits and help them continue in their walk with God.

God is not asking us do beyond our capabilities but to what we can out of our love for Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 18, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“What You Do For Me”

Hebrews 6:10 New King James Version
10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and [a]labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Many work behind the scenes for the Lord. No one but God knows the work they do, but God never forgets. One day you will stand before God and He will make known, the hard work you did in secret.

Serving others out of love for God is a gift of love to our Heavenly Father. He sees and remembers our hard work.

Matthew 25:40 New King James Version
40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Let is not grow weary in our work for God. Let us not grow resentful of the task assigned to us, but work hard for God, because of your love for Him. Do everything in love.

As the time grows short, do not allow the devil to sidetrack you from your work. Be diligent in reading God’s Word and have an active prayer life. The devil is seeking more than ever to lead Christians astray. This is not the time to give into sin. Victory is coming soon, hold on tightly to your faith in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 17, 2021
Happy Monday,

Controlling Our Tongues

If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. James 1:26

Proverbs 29:20 New King James Version
20 Do you see a man hasty in his words?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

James 3:10 New King James Version
10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

The words we speak can destroy our testimony. Words said in anger can destroy relationships. We often hear people say that my parent had a hot temper and it just runs in our family. This may be so, but God expects His children to control out temper.

We are not without resources. We should make it our daily prayer to pray that God will help us control our temper. Pray that God will give us a humble spirit and take away our arrogance. Pride and arrogance can cause us to want to win every argument at any cost.

Let us not be guilty of telling dirty jokes. This displeases our Heavenly Father. We should not be using our tongues for evil. Pray that God will help us speak kindly and in love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 16, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Conscience

Romans 2:14 New King James Version
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,

I was blessed to participate with my Church online today. Our Pastor spoke about Heaven. I love hearing about Heaven. Praise God for our future Home.

God put a conscience in every person. Even before we come to God for redemption, we can avoid sinning by listening to our conscience. Sadly, many people refuse to listen, and soon there conscience stops working.

The more we give in to the lies of the devil the more we sin. The more we sin, the eviler we become. No one has to give in to evil. They can choose to listen to their conscience.

When we become Christian, the Holy Spirit moves into our souls. If we choose to listen to His voice, the louder His voice will become. If we choose to ignore the Holy Spirit, the more we will find ourselves living outside the will of God.

We do not stumble onto the Righteous path by accident. We must choose to walk in Righteousness. We do that by talking to God every day when we wake up and seeking His will for our lives. When the trumpet blows, for us to be called to Heaven, let us pray God will find us living in His truth and Righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 15, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Great Is Your Faithfulness”

Lamentations 3:22-24New King James Version
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

Great is the faithfulness of God unto His children. When His children rebel He does not abandon them. As a loving Father, He will discipline His children but He will call us back to Himself and hide us under His wings. He will heal our wounds and comfort us.

In His mercies, He will seek and find us when we have lost our way. He will bring is back to Himself. If we only trust Him, He and His Holy Word will shine a light on our paths so we need not fall away by the wayside.

If we choose not to walk in wickedness, we will find joy walking in righteousness. We must choose to be faithful and walk in obedience to our Heavenly Father. We will not accidentally walk in faithfulness and in truth. The devil and his demons will seek to lead us astray if we are not steadfast in our faith in God.

Begin each day, seeking the face of God and pray for Him to guide us to walk faithfully and steadfastly in His truth. Close your ears to false teaching and test every spirit by the Holy Wors of God. Do not grow weary but ask God to strengthen you physically and spiritually so we can be faithful to the end of the Age of Grace.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 14, 2021
Happy Friday,

“In The Morning When I Rise”

“Promise #134: 
I hear your voice when you call to Me in the morning.

Psalm 5:3 (WEB)
Yahweh, in the morning you shall hear my voice.
In the morning I will lay my requests before you,
and will watch expectantly.”

What a great idea King David had! When he rose up from his bed, he made a point to call out to God. Beginning our day with even a quick prayer of thanksgiving to God will start our day with joy and peace.

We can begin to take God and all His gifts to us, for granted. Making a point to begin the day with a grateful heart will bless God and us. Starting the day with gratefulness will help us start the day with a great attitude.
Betty

"Give Me Jesus"

In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
Just give me Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 13, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Evil is Exalted

In Psalms 12, King David is heartbroken at the knowledge that evil was exalted in the streets of Jerusalem. We are living in a season just like that. A season where people who proudly expose their sin are celebrated as heroes. Where those who speak the truth about sin are vilified.

Already in many Countries, you can be arrested for reading certain passages in public and in some places even in a Church. It is not a question of lack of knowledge. People know what the Bibie says about what is sin. Not only do they not care what the Bible says, but they burn with hate at just hearing the truth. On judgment day, they will have no excuse.

Acts 7:57 New King James Version
 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord;

The people were so angry at the words that Paul spoke, that they covered their ears as they ran to kill him. Rather than repent of their sins so that they could find redemption in the blood of Jesus, they wanted to kill the messenger of the truth If you want to see if this hate exists write about specific sins and watch as hate comes flying out of everywhere.

My dear friends be aware that you will be vilified and hated for exposing sin today. Yet we must speak the truth in these evil days. Speaking the truth in love so that will be some that their hearts will be touched and their turn away from their wickedness and find redemption in Jesus.
Betty

Psalm 12New King James Version
Man’s Treachery and God’s Constancy

To the Chief Musician. On [a]an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David.
12 :
Help,[b] Lord, for the godly man ceases!
For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.

They speak idly everyone with his neighbor;
With flattering lips and [c]a double heart they speak.

May the Lord [d]cut off all flattering lips,
And the tongue that speaks [e]proud things,

Who have said,
“With our tongue we will prevail;
Our lips are our own;
Who is lord over us?”

“For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy,
Now I will arise,” says the Lord;
“I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.”

The words of the Lord are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times.

You shall keep them, O Lord,
You shall preserve them from this generation forever.

The wicked prowl on every side,
When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement