Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 15)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May, 12, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Obedience is Better Than Sacrifice

There is a joke that is used a lot on TV. It says I would rather apologize later than ask permission before. In instances on sitcoms the joke is funny, but when it comes to God it is no joke.

1 Samuel 15:22-23 New King James Version
22 So Samuel said:
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
For rebellion is as the sin of [a]witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
He also has rejected you from being king.”

God does not take rebellion lightly. We endanger our spiritual health when taking sin lightly. We must not be flippant about sin. God does not see sin as a joking matter.

I have given up watching a TV drama that I had liked because they used the Name of God and Jesus as a curse word, regularly. It is just about impossible to find a book on the best seller’s list that doesn't use God’s Name as profanity.

It is not like the characters in the show cannot express anger without using God’s Name in vain. It is because it is become acceptable to use God’s Name in vain in today’s world. People disrespect God on TV in real life. They have lost their Holy fear of God.

God does not take this lightly. God is Holy and He and His Name should be treated in reverence. People think because God doesn't strike them dead when they abuse Him, that He doesn't care. That is a lie from the devil. There is coming a day of reckoning for those who abuse the Holy Name of God.

Christians, we should be careful what we expose ourselves to. A little levan can spoil the whole loaf. We must be careful that we do not become to accept God’s Name in vain as normal talking. Better to turn the TV off. When people are in our home, ask them not to use God’s Name in vain. It is our right to be able to keep God’s Name Holy in our own home.

Let us seek to live in righteousness and to have righteous anger when we hear God’s Holy Name treated with disrespect.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 11, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Be Willing to Listen

The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.
Proverbs 12:15

The Bible tells us that a wise person must be willing to listen to advice. No matter our age, we do not know it all. Young and old can learn from others' counsel. We can avoid falling into pits by taking advice from those who have fallen into them. We can be aware of the current scams by heading warnings from others.

We must pray not to be so stubborn that we refuse advice from others. We must not allow our pride to cause us to become hard-headed and stubborn.

There is one situation that we must be strong and stand firm. We must stand firm in the Holy Word so that we are not led astray by false teaching. A soft pleasant voice and attractive body can hide the heart of evil. Remember satan tricked Eve with half-truths.

Heavenly Father,
Help us to be open to sound counsel and listening to your voice. Help us to be able to tell the difference between sound advice from others and lies from the devil. Help us stay so tuned into You, that we know Your voice.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 10, 2021
Happy Monday,

Rejoice With The Lord

Zephaniah 3:17New King James Version
17 The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Our time on earth is coming to an end. No, longer will we be persecuted by the devil. No longer will we deal with people who hate us because of our faith in God. Those who considered us ignorant and weak for trusting in God will instead envy our eternity in Heaven.

What wondrous days will there be in Heaven! We will walk and talk again with our relatives who have gone before us. We will be able to sit and talk with the great leaders of faith in the Bible and listen to their great testimonies.

Most of all we will be able to walk and talk with Jesus. To kiss the hands and feet that were nailed to a tree to pay for our redemption. The days ahead will be rough but the prize that awaits us is beyond our comprehension.

May God help us to be faithful and stand firm in our faith in God so that we can stand unashamed in the presence of our God and Savior. Blessed be the Name of the Lord. Offer up praise and Glory to the Holy Name of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 9, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Mother’s Day

For most children, the first relationship they have is with their mom. We come into this world vulnerable and helpless. We are completely dependent upon our mom.

No mom is perfect. Motherhood is a job that you learn as you go. You will make mistakes. It is often said that the firstborn is the one that mom's learn through trial and error.

Mothers do not receive any great honor, yet they are in a position to influence future: Doctors, Teachers, Ministers, Missionaries, and Presidents.

With all it's up and downs, Motherhood is a precious gift from God. The relationship between parent and child goes through changes over the years, yet that relationship is like no other.

I am grateful to be the mother to two great kids who grew up to be God-fearing, responsible adults. Yes, I made mistakes along the way, but I am filled with pride at what my two children have become.

My prayer is that God would give a special blessing to those Mothers of babies and give them the courage to raise their children to have genuine faith in Our Heavenly Father. That is the best way to equip your child to live in righteousness in a world where evil is considered good and good evil. As you raise your children, there will be hard days, but remember God is only a prayer away.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 8, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Loving God

When we think back on the past and we are honest with ourselves we will see how much time we wasted trying to please people who were not really that important to us. Sadly, we will also see times that we put pleasing people over God.

As we near the end of the race we realize that the most important thing should be pleasing God and living in His righteousness. When we do that everything else will fall in place. When we are right with God loving others is easier.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2021
Happy Friday,

Speaking the Right Words

Pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan.
Ephesians 6:1

It is not easing finding the right words. We want to speak up for God, but we sometimes cannot find the right words to say. When we do find the words, we can be guilty of allowing our passion to see lost souls come to Christ, causing our words to come out in anger instead of love.

We all need wisdom so that we can speak up when we should and hold back the words when we need to. Let us pray that God will give us wisdom in these last days, so we can do God’s will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Begrudgingly

When we were young kids, are parents often had to make us share our toys. We tended to be selfish.

“Promise #125: 
I am delighted to give you My kingdom.

Luke 12:32 (WEB)
 Don’t be afraid, little flock,
for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.”

Our Heavenly Father, not only gives us eternity in Heaven but He delights in the idea of spending eternity with us. As much as we are looking forward to the rapture, God is too.

So, why does it seems He is taking so long?

2 Peter 3:9 New King James Version
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [a]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

I read yesterday, that there is an outpouring of the Holy Spirit among Muslim people and many are finding redemption in Jesus. This is wondrous and marvelous news!

We will have a glorious time worshipping God, with people of every tongue and race! As we wait for the rapture, let us pray for sinners all over this world. Remember to pray for those who are being persecuted for their faith in God.

The Lord’s love for mankind is great and mighty to behold! Let us seek to be thankful and grateful for all the mercies, God shines into our lives. We will have bad days. Do not be too prideful to reach out to family and friends for them to pray for us. Sometimes we all need encouragement.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 4, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Don’t Give Up

Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.  (Matthew 25:34-36)

Sadly, the last couple of years, we have seen Preachers and laypersons turn their back on their faith in Christ. Some their love of God grew cold. Some have embraced sin over righteousness. All of them need our prayers.

How sad it is to turn your back on God so close to the finish line! This must break God’s heart. It is like a painful divorce, to throw in the towel after so many years of being faithful to God. We can almost taste the thrill of victory. We are so close to going home to Heaven. We need to pray more than ever that God will help us to stay faithful to the end.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 3, 2021
Happy Monday,

What is First in My Life?

God wants us to succeed in life. He wants to bless us. Yet these are not to be our first goals in life.

Matthew 6:33 King James Version
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Our first desire in this life should be to please God. When we seek to please God, then God will bless other areas in our lives. We can easily be led by satan to become so obsessed with success that, succeeding becomes our first love.

People often say that the Bible says that money is the root of evil. The Bible does not say that.

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

When we love money more than God, then money can cause us to sin. Many people put money over everything. They neglect God and their own family in order to pursue money. They have replaced God with the idol of money.

The same thing can be said of success. People can come to neglect God in family, in order to pursue promotions. In their race to reach the top in their field, they leave God and family behind. Sadly people often climb the ladder of success by destroying anyone who gets in their way.

I like to watch true murder mysteries. It is sad when a person gets killed and the family is asked if anyone hated the victim and they have to get paper and pen to list all the people whose lives were destroyed, in order for the victim to be top dog.

As Christians let it be said that whatever position we hold in this world that we did not crush anyone in our climb to the top. We can choose to put God first, even in our striving to succeed.

Mark 8:36 English Standard Version
36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?

The happiest person in this world is not the person at the top of business or politics. It is the person who puts God first in their lives. Let us be like Paul and learn to be content.

Philippians 4:11-13 New King James Version
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to [a]be abased, and I know how to [b]abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through [c]Christ who strengthens me.

We will find joy when we seek to walk in righteousness and truth.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

“What If’s?”

Proverbs 3:5 New King James Version
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

The devil likes to play a game of ‘what if’s. What if I am late? What if I have a wreck? What if???????

God gives us the answer to this evil game. Trust in God. Lean into Him when you are afraid. Whatever happens, God will be with us. Let us seek to trust in Him daily.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I serve a risen Savior

1 I serve a risen Savior
  He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
  Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
  I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
  He’s always near.
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.
2 In all the world around me
  I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,
  I never will despair;
I know that He is leading,
  Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing
  Will come at last.
3 Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
  Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
  To Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
  The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
  So good and kind

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2021
Happy Saturday,

By Faith, Not By Sight

Ephesians 2:8 New King James Version
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

God gives each person a measure of faith so that they can become saved. No one can come to God unless the Holy Spirit leads them.
When we become a Christian we increase our faith by hearing the word of God and walking with God in faith and righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:7 New King James Version
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

When our faith grows weak, we go back to the source of our faith, the Holy Word of God.

Romans 10:17 New King James Version
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The Holy Word of God is meat to our souls. We grow in faith and righteousness by reading the Word of God. We seek God’s help in order to walk in righteousness.

Hebrews 11:6 New King James Version
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

The more we walk with God, the more we love Him, the more we love Him, the more we seek to please Him. Living in this world where evil abounds, we must choose to walk close to God and seek to live in God’s Will. When we do this our faith will grow and we will grow in grace and righteousness.

Let us not grow weary and when we do, let is cry out to God for Him to renew us with His Holy Spirit.

Galatians 6:4 New King James Version
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

1 Thessalonians 2:19 New King James Version
19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?

Even in these times, we can walk in faith and hope, because we are looking forward to the blessed hope.

Titus 2:13 New King James Version
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Rejoice for our redemption is coming soon!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 30, 2021
Happy Friday,

Standing For Truth

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe." Proverbs 29:25 (KJB)

Truth is not always welcomed these days. Sadly, even some Churches have compromised their beliefs to fit into days world. I read of a Church that has drag days, where men dressed as females and lead the singing and even preached.

My heart cried out to God, wondering how much more evil can God stand. The Church was never meant to compromise truth in order to fit into the world. The Church is to be the shining light of Gospel truth in this world of evil.

The Church is not a social club. It is more like a hospital where the needy and sick in spirit come to hear the truth of the Gospel and directions to the cross, where one can seek forgiveness and learn how to live in righteousness.

You cannot teach Godliness while at the same time promoting sin. In a world where sin is celebrated, we can become fearful of speaking the truth of God’s Holy Word. This is why we need to put our trust firmly in God and pray for strength to stand for the truth, in a world where truth is hated.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10. New King James Version
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2021
Happy Thursday,

“I Am Offended”

These words are spoken regularly in this world today. People can be offended over the simplest thing. A contestant on a game show showed three fingers to show he had won three games. Viewers are outraged because his hand sign was similar to a white supremacy sign.

I am offended also by any group that supports hate against any race, but let us not see evil intent where there was none. Let us seek to bring people together of all races and strife for a United Country instead of looking for reasons to be offended.

As Christians, we will offend people. Our beliefs in the truth of the Gospel, are offensive to many. Remember Jesus was killed for speaking the truth. We were not saved from our sins to go out in the world to promote sin. We are to speak the truth in love.
Betty

Romans 5 New King James Version
Faith Triumphs in Trouble
5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [b]perseverance; 4 and perseverance, [c]character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Christ in Our Place
6 For when we were still without strength, [d]in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 28, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“How Much, Longer, Lord”

Revelation 21:4
New King James Version
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

As we struggle in this world today, we can become so homesick for Heaven, that we begin to cry out like kids on a long trip for vacation, expressing our inpatient to get our designation. Not only do we have our physical struggles, but we are living in an age, where Bible-living Christians are no longer welcomed.

It is a good thing that we feel uncomfortable in this world where good is considered evil. Our morals and values make us seem like old dinosaurs. This is a good thing because it causes us to put our eyes on Jesus. We should be more Heavenly-minded. Of course, we still do things required of us, but heart eyes are on Heaven, where they should be.

When we are focused on Heaven, we are more likely to walk in righteousness. Our hopes and plans are not on material things but on living our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. Even on bad days, we can shout from our hearts: “Glory to God in the Highest, to our Heavenly Father who is worthy of all praise and honor!”.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Guide Me Lord”

As this world becomes more evil, we see lawlessness on every side. We can begin to fear that we could be caught up in the confusion and hate that abounds here in America and across the world.

We need not fear for we can depend on God to guide us and speak truth into our hearts and spirits. If we trust in Him and not listen to the many voices out there, that are being carried by satan, we will continue our walk in righteousness.

God sent His Holy Spirit to indwell in us. If we listen to His voice, He will guide us in righteousness, and we will not be laid astray.

John 16:12-13
New King James Version
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

We must choose to listen to the Holy Spirit and ignore the voice of the world, who do not know or understand the truth of God. When we do this we will learn to understand the difference in the truth of God and the half-truths of the devil.
Betty

John 15:4
New King James Version
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2021
Happy Monday,

“I Won’t Take Less Than Your Love”

Tanya Tucker had a hit with the title in her song. God wants us to love Him with all our heart.

Mark 12:30-31 New King James Version
30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ [a]This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Having a relationship with God must be a full-time relationship. We can not be on fire for God when we need Him and then ignore Him after He gets us out of trouble.

We would not accept that from our mate and God will not accept that from us. A relationship that goes back in forth from hot to cold is lukewarm at best. What does God say about a lukewarm relationship?

The Lukewarm Church
14 “And to the [a]angel of the church [b]of the Laodiceans write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither [c]cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

We must decide to be all in with God. He is not interested in a part-time relationship. A hot-to-warm-to-cold relationship with God will not sustain us through rough waters. This kind of relationship produces weak faith. Having a weak faith will not lead us to victory, in these last days.

These days require us to be spiritually armed for battle. Satan is going to fight against us until Gabriel blows the trumpet and we are out of here. May God help us to end our race on fire for Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2021
Happy Saturday,

God Hears the Voices of Children

Psalm 34:15. New King James Version
15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.

We are bombarded by so many voices today, that it is sometimes hard to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. Even with all the million voices calling out to God, He still hears even the soft voice of a child.

God is never deaf to our cry. Every prayer is important to God, from the young child to the greatest Preacher. He loves us all. He is concerned about the youngest to the oldest Christian.

He makes it a priority to hear His children. We must make it a priority to hear God. We must choose to hear the voice of God. Knowing how much God loves us should give us courage and peace. Let us no longer worry about fitting in, in this world. This world is not our future. Our future is in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. Rejoice in this knowledge!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23, 2021
Happy Friday,

Head Knowledge and Heart Knowledge

Ephesians 3:17-19
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

We know that God can do anything, break the strongest strongholds, and defeat any enemy. Yet we do not always believe in our hearts. We see the evil around us and people’s hate growing for conservative Christians and we grow afraid. We spent so many hours worrying about ‘what ifs?’ Instead of calling out to God we give into fear. I know that I am not the only one who does this.

None of us know for certain what will happen tomorrow, but that doesn't stop us from living in fear. God wants us not only to trust Him for today but trust in Him for tomorrow. God knows the future. Nothing will shock Him or take Him unaware.

When the devil starts to fill us with fear, let us cry out to our Heavenly Father. Cry out to God and He will hear our cries and comfort us and strengthen our faith.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2021
happy Thursday,

May God Grant us Wisdom

“Promise #112:
Ask Me for wisdom and I will generously give it to you.

James 1:5 (WEB)
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,
who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.”

We are living in times where we need wisdom more than ever. There is more lawlessness than ever. Christianity is under attack. Freedoms are under attack. We need clarity from God to help us react appropriately and still react in righteousness.

I wish I could say I always reacted appropriately, but I lost my temper yesterday. We went to get hubby his driver's license renewed, only to find you have to have an appointment, birth certificate, and a utility bill. I was not happy. I did not yell or curse but I told the lady several times I was not happy.

It is easy to lose our temper these days and we can use the times we live in as an excuse. Getting upset, accomplished nothing yesterday. This is often the case when we lose our temper.

We need wisdom for many reasons. Wisdom to know how to express our disappointment. We need wisdom to know when to speak and when to be silent. We need wisdom to walk in righteousness and not be tempted into sin.

As the Scripture says God wants to give us wisdom. As these days become more evil, let us make a point to pray daily for wisdom.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Speak in Love

A Soft Answer Turns Away Wrath
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.

When we feel attacked, it is normal to want to react in kind. This is the not the response that God requires of us. When we allow our flesh to dictate our response, we are walking in the flesh. We are allowing anger to control our actions.

When verbally confronted, take a breath and say a prayer before you respond. There will be times that the Holy Spirit asks you to be silent. Remember Jesus did not respond to His accusers. There will be times your response should be that you take some time to pray about it.

When we react in anger the situation is enhanced and anger increases. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we can respond lovingly.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

You Knew Me Before I Was Born

Psalm 139:13-16 New King James Version
13  For You formed my inward parts;
You [a]covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for [b]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My [c]frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Before we took our first breath, God knew us. He has a purpose for us before we were born. God had a purpose for everyone, but it is up to us, whether we will surrender ourselves to Jesus and accept His gift of salvation. Then it is up to us to surrender to His plans for us. I believe God has more than one purpose for our lives.

As we grew up, God used us for different things that reflected our birth age and spiritual age. We were designed for purpose, we are not an accident. It was by God’s Will that we were born.

As we live in the last days of the Age of Grace, let us be determined to allow God to work through us for His Kingdom and His Glory.

Numbers 6:24-26 New King James Version
24 The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord [a]lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.” ’

Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19, 2021
Happy Monday,

“Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus”

When Peter stepped out of the boat to walk to Jesus, he was able to walk on the water at first, but then he begins to sink. What happened? At first, he had His eyes on Jesus, but when he turned his eyes off of Jesus and looked at the crashing waves, his faith, weakened.

This happens to us too. When we look to Jesus, we can stand despite our circumstances. When we stop looking at Jesus and focus on our circumstances, our faith weakens and we are overcome by fear.

In times of trouble, we need more than ever to focus on Jesus. When we do, our faith will increase and we can keep fear away.
Betty

Matthew 14:22-33
New King James Version
Jesus Walks on the Sea
22 Immediately Jesus [a]made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. 23 And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there. 24 But the boat was now [b]in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.
25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, [c]“Be of good cheer! [d]It is I; do not be afraid.”
28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw [e]that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
33 Then those who were in the boat [f]came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Fear Is A Tool of The Devil

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Governments all over this world are using fear to take away their people’s freedoms. Last year fear was used to keep people even out of Churches. The more that people fear, the more freedoms they are willing to give up.

The devil uses fear as a weapon on Christians. Only God knows how many things His children have missed out on because we give in to fear. How many blessings have we missed out on because we did not move in the faith of God?

I say we because I too have allowed the devil to hold me back. May God help us to step out in faith when He calls us for a task. Let us not allow fear to hold us back from the task that God has given us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Listening to the Holy Spirit

As Christians, we have repented of our sins and seek to live in righteous and that is a good thing. How much time do we spend seeking to know God? Do we spend enough time in His Holy Word so that we know the voice of God? There are a lot of Religious voices in the world today. Some are voices of truth and sadly others have gone astray and are speaking the lies of the devil.

These days you can fill up buildings and the Church’s coffers by preaching a feel-good message. People may leave feeling great, but too many leave as the same sinner as they were when they arrive.

John 8:31-31 New King James Version
The Truth Shall Make You Free
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Only the truth of God’s Holy Word can convict you of your sins and lead you to repentance. As Christians, we need to hear the truth so that we know what God expects of us.

Let us be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit and be willing to accept His reprove when needed so we can repent and change our behavior. Daily we seek guidance from the Holy Spirit so we can walk in the Spirit of truth and righteousness.
Betty

Ephesians 1:13 New King James Version
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

John 16:13New King James Version
 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

John 14:15-18 New King James Version
Jesus Promises Another Helper
15 “If you love Me, [a]keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [b]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Ephesians 1:13 New King James Version
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2021
Happy Friday,

The Consequences of Resisting the Holy Spirit

Acts 7:51
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Those who refuse to hear the calling of the Holy Spirit and repent from their sins, will go through the tribulation. This will be a time of horrors that will come on this earth like never ever seen before. Until the moment of the rapture, people have the choice to repent and turn away from their sins.

The Age of grace is still here, but the door is beginning to close. Too many hang on to their sins because it profits them or give them pleasure. Political leaders who push abortion or not only profiting from their sins, but they have become radical about it, saying that Christians hate abortion more than they love this Country.

The murder of unborn children is a great tragedy committed all over this world. Abortion and sexual sins is the reason, as a Country is in the mess she is in. When the tribulation happens, there will be no excuse. They chose to ignore the calling of the Holy Spirit to the point that they have become deaf to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

Stay strong, my friends, the rapture is happening soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 15, 2021
Happy Thursday,

God’s Holy Word

“Promise #105:
If you delight in My Word, you will be fruitful and prosperous. 

Psalm 1:1-3 (WEB)
1 Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in Yahweh’s law. On his law he meditates day and night. 3 He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper.”

Sadly we are seeing Preachers and Teachers shying away from the word of God. There are even those who claim to be Christians and yet do not read the Word of God. The Holy Word is not just a book.

John 1:1
New King James Version
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

How do we walk in the truth of God, if we do not read the Holy Bible, so we can learn the truth of God? How can we know what sin is, without reading the Bible? How can we put on the Armor of God, without studying the Holy Bible?

Let us strive to be like King David.

Psalm 119:11
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

Psalm 1:2
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he [a]meditates day and night.

2 Timothy 3:16
New King James Version
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness,

Many have turned away from God’s Holy Word because they find Scriptures that offend them and their lifestyles. My friends, may it be said of us that we loved God and His Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

The Sin of Unity

It sounds so loving uniting to say:” I worship in a Church with all regions, standing holding hands, each worshipping their own god”

Chronicles 33

Manasseh Restored After Repentance
10 And the Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they would not [d]listen. 11 Therefore the Lord brought upon them the captains of the army of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh with [e]hooks, bound him with [f]bronze fetters, and carried him off to Babylon. 12 Now when he was in affliction, he implored the Lord his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, 13 and prayed to Him; and He received his entreaty, heard his supplication, and brought him back to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord was God.
14 After this he built a wall outside the City of David on the west side of Gihon, in the valley, as far as the entrance of the Fish Gate; and it enclosed Ophel, and he raised it to a very great height. Then he put military captains in all the fortified cities of Judah. 15 He took away the foreign gods and the idol from the house of the Lord, and all the altars that he had built in the mount of the house of the Lord and in Jerusalem; and he cast them out of the city. 16 He also repaired the altar of the Lord, sacrificed peace offerings and thank offerings on it, and commanded Judah to serve the Lord God of Israel. 17 Nevertheless the people still sacrificed on the [g]high places, but only to the Lord their God.

God will punish Churches that promote the worship of other gods in His House.

We see this on bumpers and back windows of cars. This is an abomination to God. God sent His Son to suffer and die for our sins. This symbol promotes all Religions as equal. This will lead to the one-world Religion that God warns about in Revelation. This one-world Religion will remove salvation through Christ out of the equation.

John 10:9
New King James Version
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 10:1
New King James Version
Jesus the True Shepherd
10 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

For all Religions to co-exist, there will have to be compromises. Preaching Jesus is the only way to Heaven will have to be left behind. Preaching that homosexuality and abortion are sins will have to go, along with other sins that might offend the congregation.

Forsaking the truth of the Gospel in the name of unity, will not only be an abomination to God but will lead millions to hell. May God help us Christians to stand up firmly for the truth of the Gospel. Making people believe the lie that all roads lead to Heaven is doing no one a favor. In fact, we are doing sinners an injustice.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Take it to Jesus

There are times in our lives when we feel overwhelmed. We may feel that we are being attacked by the devil. These are the times we need to cry out to God. Share your feelings with God. Like many others, I tend to push my feelings under the rug and not deal with them. This is a mistake.

If we keep hiding our feelings under the rug, one day we will explode with all of our emotions erupted on others. This is when we say and do things that we regret. Jesus wants us to bring these feelings to Him and seek healing.

Go to God for healing, comfort, and peace. In His love and kindness, He will comfort and heal us. We always benefit when we spend time alone with God. May God bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2021
Happy Monday,

Broken Vessels

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 New King James Version
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The world sees broken vessels as something to dispose of. People can even see people that way. We see handicapped people and wonder why God allowed that to happen. God sees the handicapped and then uses that person in marvelous ways for His glory.

People see the elderly often as a problem they have to deal with. God sees an opportunity to show His greatness through the elderly who have a heart for Him.

In our weakness, God works. When we are weak we are forced to allow God to take over and when He does, He accomplishes through us, things we never could imagine. When we realize that God is doing the work through us, there is no room for self-pride, only gratefulness that God is willing to use us for His Kingdom.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10,2021
Happy Saturday,

Does God Care That I Am Tired?

Revelation 3:8-11
8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

We are so close to the rapture. The devil knows his time is almost up to attack Christians and cause them to lose heart. He tempts us to give up. God’s Holy Word tells us to hold on to God’s truth. The Holy Spirit whispers in our ears and tells us that He is with us.

So many in the world call Christians weak because we put our faith and hopes in God. Truth is the opposite. It is easy to give in to the world’s beliefs. It takes courage to stand up for God. To stand firm though we are made fun of and even hated.

Jesus told us the world would hate us, just as the world hated Him. Do not give up, but pray for strength and confidence to stand for truth these days. Pray for one another that we will not be led astray by false preaching and teaching.

Yes God does care that we are tired.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 201
Happy Friday,

“In His Time”

We have so many questions for God. Why haven't I gotten a job yet? Why haven't You healed me yet? Why haven't You given me a better job, car or house? Why haven't You…........

We want God to answer our prayers immediately. When we do add “have Your Will? We really mean our will. Surrendering our will to God means letting go of our will and trusting God to do accomplish what He desires in our life. To trust His decisions and His timing.

Waiting on an answer to our prayers is hard, but God’s desires for us are always the best for us and God’s Kingdom.
Betty

In His Time Lyrics
In His time, In His Time
He makes all things beautiful in His time.
Lord please show me every day
As You're teaching me Your way
That You do just what You say 
In Your time.

In Your time, In Your Time
You make all things beautiful in Your time.
Lord my life to You I bring 
May each song I have to sing
Be to you a lovely thing 
In Your time

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2021
Happy Thursday

Half-Baked

Colossians 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the [a]handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Aren't you glad that when Jesus saved us, He forgave all of our sins? Even if Jesus declined to forgive us of only one sin, our eternal destination would be hell. No sin can enter into Heaven.

Just as a half-baked cake is nasty, so is sin in the nostrils of God. No sin, no matter how tiny or how huge, can enter the gates of Heaven. God in His great mercy, forgives all of our sins. What a marvelous God is who forgives us because Jesus willingly paid our sin debt.

From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

We do not use God’s forgiveness as liberty to sin. Instead out of our love for God, we seek to live in righteousness. The more we love God, the more uncomfortable we become when we do sin.

God’s marvelous grace saves us not only from hell but the tribulation.

Romans 5:9
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

Let us live in victory, for Jesus defeated satan on the cross. Let us have a grateful heart because the same God who delivered us from hell will deliver us from the tribulation, to come.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 7, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“Talk to Me”

How often do we talk to God? Probably, not as much as we should. We can talk to God throughout the day, not just when we pray. We can talk to him in the morning as we get ready. We can talk to God as we work. We can talk to God when we are driving.

We will find our days more peaceful when we spend the day having short little conservation with our Heavenly Father. The more we share our thoughts with God, the closer we will be drawn to God.

May today you find time to share your thoughts and fears with God. Fellowship with Jesus is a great gift from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“I Will Protect and Carry You”

“Promise #96:
I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 (WEB)
and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.
I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.

The New International Version Bible translates Isaiah 46:4 this way... Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

When we enter this world we bring nothing with us. We are completely dependent on someone else. In our final year's we become more venerable. Scammers like to take advantage of the elderly because we can be easily persuaded. Of course many if us are blessed with children who watch for us. As Christians, we also have an even better protector and that is our Heavenly Father. He never abandons us.

We can rest under His wings and fear not our future. God was with us when we took our first breath and whether we leave this world by death or the rapture, He will still be with us.

As we get older, we may worry that we can not do as much for God. Have no fear. We can still have the gift of compassion for others and we can pray. Pray for our Country. Pray for our leaders. Pray for lost souls. Pray for our family. Prayer and compassion can go long way.
Betty

Isaiah 65:24New King James Version
24  It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Hebrews 13:5 New King James Version
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2021
Happy Monday,

Things are Coming Together

If you are watching what is happening in America and around the World, you would reach the conclusion that we are indeed are living in the last days. The world is being doctrated to accept a One World Religion. My friend our time on this earth is coming to an end and so is the Age of Grace.

Why did God not allow President Trump to win? Just as God was patient with Israel, there came a time when God allowed an evil King to rule them. This evil King was a part of God’s judgment.

American people have a whole has turned from Righteous living and giving themselves over to accepting evil as good. America has entered her time of judgment. I do not believe there is coming a great revival in America.

For individuals, there is still time to seek the face of God. To seek forgiveness of their sins. To change from a life of rebellion to a life of righteousness.

Christians pray for lost souls. Pray that God will help us to be obedient children, and seek to live in righteousness. Once the trumpet sounds it will be too late to work for God and leave sin behind. Now is the time!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2021
Happy Resurrection Day

“Three Days Later -
He Arose”

John 2:19 New King James Version
19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Jesus did not come to earth to live, die, and rise again, to prove to mankind that He is God. He came to make the ultimate sacrifice to reconcile mankind to Himself. A sacrifice only He could make. There had to be innocent blood poured out on the altar in Heaven to cleanse away sin.

Jesus did the hard work. All we have to is confess our sins and turn away from our sins and accept Jesus as Lord over our life. When we are truly repented and sold out to God, we will want to live as His Holy Word tells to do. We will want to abstain from sin. We will want to live righteous lives.

If you have not received the precious gift of salvation, today is the day. No one is promised tomorrow and Jesus is coming soon. Today is the day of rejoicing, for one who was dead is alive and on His throne in Heaven.

Revelation 1:18 New King James Version
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of [a]Hades and of Death.

John 11:25
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

Happy Resurrection Day,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2021
Happy Saturday,

The Second Day

The disciples have seen Jesus, betrayed by one of their own, Judas. They have seen Him delivered to the Pharisees and they all but Peter fled. Only John witness the death of Jesus.

They are all hiding in fear that they will be captured. They are all grieving, especially Peter. Peter fears that even if there is a miracle and Jesus somehow is alive again, how would he be able to face Jesus.

They have forgotten that Jesus said that he would rise again. They are broken men overcome by fear and grief. They are without hope. Only the companionship with each other keeps them hanging on. They have no joy.

Yet, in one day everything will change. They will see for themselves that Jesus is who He said He is. He is the Son of God. He is the third member of the Godhead.

Satan and His demons have been partying thinking they have won the battle against God. Tonight the disciples mourn, but tomorrow–------
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2021
Blessed Friday,

Good Friday

Hebrews 9:22 New King James Version
22 And according to the law almost all things are [a]purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no [b]remission.

For a long long time, I could not understand why today is called Good Friday. The suffering that Jesus endured, should make this day called black Friday. From our eyes, we can only see so much evil being inflicted on the only innocent man to every live on this earth.

Yet, when we step a little further from the cross and look at the big picture, we see that before we could have the triumph of the Resurrection, there had to be the sacrifice. Jesus chose to come to this earth to live in a human body, to die on the cross for the redemption of mankind.

Today is called Good Friday because this is the day that we remember our Savior and the sacrifice He made to redeem mankind, even though we chose to listen to the devil’s lies. Today is a Holy Day because royal blood was spilled on the ground of a corrupt world.

Today is a day of reflection. We reflect on the Holy Sacrifice that Jesus made for mankind and we look forward to the day of celebration on Resurrection Day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2021
Happy Thursday,

The Sifting Has Began

As we are reaching the end of the Church age, God is making known who is a real Christian and who is not. So many who have proclaimed to have been saved are being revealed or they, themselves are revealing that their Christianity was false.

As the world turns on those who believe in God’s Holy Word and do not accept evil as good, we will see more and more denounce their faith. Their fake Christianity is becoming less and less popular with the masses.

There was a time that it made sense to call yourself a Christian because you were considered a man or woman of integrity. We are now living in those days when evil is considered good and good evil. Now the world sees people who believe what the Bible says as true are considered troublemakers and potential terrorists.

My friends, God warned of these days, when evil would be seen as good and good as evil. We need not fear but remind ourselves that God is bigger than this world and He will be with us always.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Promises

“Promise #90:
I will not forget My promises because I am a merciful God.

Deuteronomy 4:31 (WEB)
for Yahweh your God is a merciful God; he will not fail you, neither destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which he swore to them.”

Sadly, we have become accustomed to people breaking promises. Wedding vows have been broken by individuals for centuries. People make promises in business they don't keep. Politicians on both sides of the aisle make promises during their election that they know they can't or won't keep.

God is incapable of lying. He is righteous and His promises are guaranteed. Christians live in hope of an eternity in Heaven. Sinners live in hope that God will change His mind about hell. God is just and His promises are true and just.

God does not choose hell for people, people choose hell for themselves. Their self-pride keeps them from admitting they are a sinner. Often they find sin to be too satisfying to give it up.

God is a merciful God and He still calls sinners to come to the cross to repent and turn away from their sins. People who refuse to turn away from sin and repent or by their own rebellion, are choosing an eternity in hell.

Christians, let us draw comfort from the promises of God, for God is merciful and loving.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Why Do The Wicked Prosper?”

Jeremiah 12:1-2
New King James Version
Jeremiah’s Question
Righteous are You, O Lord, when I plead with You;
Yet let me talk with You about Your judgments.
Why does the way of the wicked prosper?
Why are those happy who deal so treacherously?

You have planted them, yes, they have taken root;
They grow, yes, they bear fruit.
You are near in their mouth
But far from their [a]mind.

We are not the first to wonder why the wicked seem to prosper and go unpunished. We see politicians who built their career on promoting evil, yet they have advanced because of their stance on evil.

We see celebrities who have used fornication to advance their career and we wonder why they were allowed to sin to advance their position to celebrity status. While those who stood for righteousness have often been limited in their work in Hollywood.

God is not blinded to their sins. In His mercy, He allows them to thrive, giving them time to repeat. Eventually, they reach the point of no return.

Titus 1:16
New King James Version
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being [a]abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Romans 1:28
New King James Version
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

Instead of seeing the mercy, God is extending to sinners, many see God’s kind patience as God's acceptance of their sin. They have no excuse for God has made clear His stance on sin. God has told us that He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. This leaves no excuse in believing that God has changed His stand on sin.

As Christians, we look and wonder just like Jeremiah, why the wicked prosper and seem to go unpunished for their sins. Yet, God warns the sinner of their coming judgment.

Revelation 20:11-15
New King James Version
The Great White Throne Judgment
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [a]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second [b]death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Christians, let’s serve our God and Savior and rejoice that because of His great mercies, our name is written in the book of life. Sinners scoff at us for standing for Biblical truth. Politicians have even questioned our love of our Country, because of our stand against abortion. One day soon we will take our place in our Heavenly Home where there will be no more suffering or sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2021
Happy Monday,

Rough Patches

We all go through rough patches in our lives. Often in these rough patches, we have several things come against us at once. These rough patches take a toll on us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We may even feel all alone.

We all react differently to these times. Some of us talk about our problems to anyone who will listen. Some of us quietly attempt to solider on, alone. One thing most of us neglect to do is to cry out to Jesus.

When we seek God, He will help us. Fellow Christians sometimes we need to swallow our pride and ask for others to stand with us during these times. It is okay to admit we need someone to pray for us.

There is no special crown in Heaven for those who refuse to seek help from others. As children of God, we are all apart of the family of God. Seek help from others when we need it. Pray for others who are struggling. Pressing on towards the finish line does not mean we are to run this race alone. Seek help from God and other Christians. When we are weak, admit it and draw strength from God and our Christian brothers and sisters.
Betty

“Cry Out To Jesus"

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
When you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith in love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

Rest for the weary
Mercy and healing
Cry out to Jesus

When you're lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

Rest for the weary
Mercy and healing

Rest for the weary
Mercy and healing

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 28, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Palm Sunday

Is not Christ. NO ONE CAN TELL TIME.

Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

John 12:13 King James Version
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

When Jesus entered Jerusalem on a donkey, the people were ready to proclaim Him King. Their spirits were high and they were rejoicing at the thought of their freedom from the persecution of Rome.

What they did not realize was that Jesus has not come to earth to defeat Rome, but to suffer and die for the redemption of mankind. When He did not meet the narrative of their plans, they turned on Him. They went from loud praises to Jesus to crying: “crucify Him”.

Even as Christians we can become angry when God’s plans differ from our own. We must remember that God’s plans are always better than our own and we must accept His Will for us, to be content.
Betty

[ March 28, 2021, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: WildB ]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 27, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Stay Faithful To God

“Promise #86:
Never tire of doing good, for in time you will reap a harvest.

Galatians 6:9 (WEB)
 Let us not be weary in doing good,
for we will reap in due season, if we don’t give up.”

Are you tired and weary? Cry out to God and He will refresh you. Are you frustrated that the person you are praying for, to get saved is still running from God? Do not give up. Our prayers are still in God’s sight.

We do not know what God is doing behind the scenes. Our job is not to question God but to trust in Him. The more we trust God the sweeter our relationship with Him grows.

Our God has not forgotten us, nor has He forsaken us. His love for us is strong and steady. Let us live for God faithfully in all situations. Praising God every day and rejoicing in His goodness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 26, 2021
Happy Friday,

Gratitude

Here lately, I am having frustrating issues with my short-term memory. . As Christians, we can all have short memory issues. We forget all the wonderful things God has provided for us. We wake up in the morning from a night in a bed with a roof over our heads. We have hot water at our fingertips. We walk into our kitchen and look around to decide what we want to eat.

There hundreds of thousands of people, who would think they were in Heaven to have what we take for granted. Sadly we can go further and get upset at God because we want bigger and better things.

Today let us work on having a spirit of gratitude and praise God for the many blessings that He has bestowed upon us. Let us strive to be appreciative children of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 25, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Submitting Yourself To God

James 4:7 King James Version
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Sinners do not understand that submitting ourselves to God brings freedom and not slavery. When we submit ourselves to God, we are free to live a life of purpose. Living for self is just one selfish agenda after another. When we give God control we are opening doors of potential in ourselves that we never dreamed could happen.

The devil uses people and tosses them aside. When we live for God, He will open doors to places that we never dreamed that we could walk in. When we seek to work for the Kingdom of God, we are storing up treasures in Heaven. A life in sin will only lead to an eternity of torment.

We must choose for ourselves who will serve: God or self. Choose well for eternity weighs in the balance.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Ask For Wisdom

James 1:5 King James Version
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

We live in a time that requires extra wisdom. We are beset on every side by the devil and his demons that seek to lead us astray. The devil wraps false teaching up with just enough truth to cause us to take a second look.

He wraps sin a pretty package that tempts our eyes. . We can begin to believe that a little sin won't hurt us, but it does. Just like a beautiful white dress is ruined by a tiny spot, so does our soul become overcome by a tiny sin that grows and grows.

God wants to give us wisdom. He wants us to understand how precious wisdom is and to seek His face for wisdom. As the Age of Grace comes to an end, let us pray that we live as a shining example of God’s love and grace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Working For God, With The Right Attitude

We can not serve God, half-heartedly. Paul reminds us that works done for God without love are a wasted effort. This does not mean that there are not times that we are not completely into what God calls us to do. It means to stop and spend time with God before we begin.

Ask God to refresh our tired spirit. If we are holding a grudge against the one God wants to bless through us, stop and seek forgiveness from God. Ask God to fill our hearts with love towards that person.

Pray that God will give us a kind and forgiving spirit towards others. When we lay aside bitterness we will be blessed with a loving heart. Do everything God calls us today in love.
Betty

Colossians 3:23-24 King James Version
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2021
Happy Monday,

When God Call Us To A Task

2 Peter 1:3 King James Version
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

When God calls us to a task, the devil and his demons are quick to point out that we are insignificant to the challenge to accomplish the task. What the devil does not want us to remember is that God equips those He calls.

Hebrews 13:20-21 New International Version - UK
Benediction and final greetings
20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

When God calls us, let us accept His calling with humility and grace. Then seek God’s face and ask for wisdom to accomplish the task, set before us. Work for God without grumbling and complaining, instead work for God with praises to God on our lips. Then our Heavenly Father will feel our hearts with joy.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement