Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 16)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 21, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Tapped Out,

There are days, that we awaken and feel like we are running on empty. How can we be a blessing to others when our own cup is empty? What do we do? We go to the source of our strength. We seek God’s Face for a renewing of the Holy Spirit.

God will renew our spirits and fill us up with a renewed portion of the Holy Spirit. He will give us hope so that we can share that hope with others. He will overflow us with His Holy Spirit so that not only are we blessed, but we can be a blessing to others.

Never give up, even though the devil tries to get us too. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and rise up and praise the God of Heaven. You begin your praise offering to God on empty but when you are finished praising God with all your heart and soul, you will be filled again. Magnify the Lord, with me, my friends, for He is worthy of all our praises.
Betty

Psalm 23
King James Version
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 20, 2021
Happy Saturday,

He Sought Me

It is not the sinner that searches for God. God in His love and mercies, first whispers into the heart of mankind, their need for salvation. God seeks sinners while they are still yet sinners and calls them to turn away from sin and turn to their Creator, who loved them.

The invitation comes from the God of Heaven who sent His Son to live and die so that God and mankind, could be reconciled. An act so precious that no other action can compare to it. A Heavenly Father who loved His children with such wonderous love that mankind cannot fully understand its value. He loved mankind even though mankind through Adam sinful choice rejected God and aligned himself with satan.

Ever since the moment Adam and Eve chose to sin, mankind has chosen evil over good, pride over humbleness, and rebellion over obedience.
In tenderness, God calls the sinner to come home. The sinner must decide for themselves. The sinner chooses their own eternity: Heaven or Hell.
Betty

In Tenderness He Sought

Representative Text
1 In tenderness He sought me,
Weary and sick with sin,
And on His shoulders brought me
Back to His fold again.
While angels in His presence sang
Until the courts of heaven rang.
Refrain:
O the love that sought me!
O the blood that bought me!
O the grace that brought me to the fold,
Wondrous grace that brought me to the fold!
2 He washed the bleeding sin-wounds
And poured in oil and wine;
He whispered to assure me,
“I’ve found thee, thou art Mine;”
I never heard a sweeter voice;
It made my aching heart rejoice! (Refrain)
3 He pointed to the nail prints,
For me His blood was shed,
A mocking crown so thorny
Was placed upon His head:
I wondered what He saw in me
To suffer such deep agony. (Refrain)
4 I’m sitting in His presence,
The sunshine of His face,
While with adoring wonder
His blessings I retrace:
It seems as if eternal days
Are far too short to sound His praise. (Refrain)
5 So while the hours are passing,
All now is perfect rest;
I’m waiting for the morning,
The brightest and the best,
When He will call us to His side,
To be with Him, His spotless bride. (Refrain)

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Walk-in Love

2 John 6
King James Version
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

God showers us with His blessings, not only for our benefit but so those around us would see the love of Jesus through is. It is our love for God that drives us to want to live in obedience to Him.

Sadly, we Christians can often act like toddlers. We lose our temper. We are stubborn and refuse to take direction from our Heavenly Father. When we stop being rebellious and surrender our will to God we can live righteous lives.

Let our goal for today be to live in obedience to God, our Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 17, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

The Name of Jesus

There is no other name that has the power of the Name of Jesus. Amid the loudest storm, we can whisper His Name and He hears. We can whisper His Name down in the deepest ocean and yet the simple prayer of His Name, the Heavens awake to take action.

Magnificat words said to any other god brings nothing for the God of Heaven is the only God that exists. False God demand that we die for them. The One, True God sent His Only Son to die to redeem us. There is only redemption in the name of Jesus.

John 10:1 King James Version
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 10:9 King James Version
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus taught us to pray in His Name:

John 14:13-14
King James Version
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Redemption through the precious blood of Jesus opens the gates of Heaven. What a glorious God we serve! He chose to die to redeem us and He chooses to walk side by side His children. When we sin, He does not leave us. No! No! His sweet Holy Spirit convicts us of sin so that we can seek forgiveness and walk-in Righteousness.

Do not become bog down by this world’s evil. For now, we must live in this evil world, but God has not left us alone. He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us and live in our hearts. Glorify the God of Heaven and seek His Will in your life daily. When the devil overwhelms you, cry out to Jesus and He will help and sustain you. The burdens we carry are temporary and our Heavenly Home is eternal.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Do Not Underestimate The Little Things

Often it is the little things that make a difference in our lives. When we cannot find our keys and we pray and God guides us to our keys, at that moment is a big thing.

We are often blessed by the little things that others do for us. Little things that can turn a bad day into a good day. Be grateful for the little things and pray that God will use us each day to brighten the day for those around us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 15, 2021
Happy Monday,

God Knows What We Are Going Through

“Promise #74:
I see all your hardships and I care about your suffering.

Psalm 31:7 (WEB)
I will be glad and rejoice in your loving kindness,
for you have seen my affliction.
You have known my soul in adversities”

God is not blind to our suffering. Not is His heart cold to our suffering. Everything we go through is part of God’s plans. The devil would love it if we were to blame God and become bitter. It is so much better if we relax and trust that God knows best.

The journey of life is not a straight line on a flat road. We walk through valleys and we climb mountains. Each stage of our journey is a teaching moment and a turns our hearts into fertile ground so that the seeds God plants in us can grow.

We cannot see the fruits of our trees because we are at ground level, but one day God will show us our journey and the many fruits that He grew in us, so we could be a blessing to others and a servant in His Kingdom.

I pray that God will comfort and encourage all of His children today, with merciful blessings.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Be Content And Not Be Content

Hebrews 13:5King James Version
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

We should be content with what we have. This life is temporary and so are our belongings. We should not compare our belongings to others, but be satisfied with what we have. There is always going to be those who have less than what we have and those who have more.

The area we do not want to be content in is our spiritual life. We should always strive to be growing spiritually and strong in our faith in God. Seeking to walk daily in Spirit and Truth. Each day we pray for guidance and seek help from our Heavenly Father so we can be faithful children walking in the grace of our Lord and Savior.

Pray that our words reflect our Heavenly Father so that others see Jesus in us. When we fall, get back up, and pray for forgiveness, and continue our walk with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13, 2021
Happy Saturday

“The Words Of My Mouth”

Psalm 19:14. King James Version
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

In a day many words come out of our mouths. Some words are good and encouraging, other words are just foolishness, but God forbid, some words are evil.

There is nothing wrong with joking around and some words are said in fun. Evil words, on the other hand can hurt. When we say words that put ourselves, down all the time, we weaken ourselves. When we gossip, we hurt not only the person we are talking about, but the listener and ourselves. When we feed on gossip we are tearing little holds in our souls.

When we use our words as a weapon against another, we are using a double edge sword that injuries us and the person we are angry at. We too often allow anger to dictate the words.

Proverbs 4:23King James Version
 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

When we stay prayed up and take our anger to God and seek forgiveness and healing of our hearts, we will find less hurtful words. When we pray for those who are caught up in sin, we will find ourselves less inclined to gossip. When another person starts to tell us gossip, say to them that we need to stop talking bad about them and pray for them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 12, 2021
Happy Friday,

Be Teachable

We must not only come to Jesus with child-like faith, but we must also be willing to learn. Have you ever tried to teach an adult something new, but in their pride they were not willing to accept the help? It is frustrating for you and them.

From birth to death we are on a journey. God wants to teach us and mold us into the person that He designed us to be. Too often stubbornness and pride keeps us from learning. Too often we must go through the same trial more than once because we become angry and sin.

Every day let us wake up with an open heart and mind willing to learn that day what God in His love wants to teach us. When we do this we will grow spiritually and our faith will be strengthened.
Betty

Psalm 36:11 King James Version
11 Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 11, 2021
Happy Thursday,

God Knows Me

There are days that I am confused and that is okay. None of us knows what tomorrow holds and that is okay. Why are those things okay? The God of Heaven knows everything. He knows us and He knows our future.

Whatever we are going through can be dealt with, with peace of heart, because God gives us Heavenly peace. In His presence, we can relax. When we stop fighting against the things we cannot change and seek help and contentment from God, we can stop the struggle and relax in God’s arms.

Bad days are indeed coming, but these things will not take God by surprise. We can ask God to prepare us emotionally and spiritually to face the future and He will! Let us not spend today, worrying about our tomorrows but fully trust that God will equip us for battle and He will be with us every step.
Betty

Ephesians 6:11-24
King James Version
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:
22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 10, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Come As A Little Child

Matthew 18:3-4
King James Version
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I was saved as a child of 7 and because of this, I have always had a child-like faith. I believe what the Bible says, just as a young child believes what their parents say. This does not mean I do not sin nor get in trouble because of my stubbornness and a desire to wander.

Jesus wants us to have a child-like faith, not because we need to be naive to believe the Bible. On the contrary, it takes strong faith and putting on the armor of God to resist the devil and his demons.

To receive salvation we must humble ourselves before God. People often get in serious trouble because they will not admit that they need help. It is hard for me to ask for help, so I understand. It takes humility to ask for help from God, family, and friends. We have to admit that we cannot do everything on our own, that we need help.

When we see God as our Heavenly Father and view ourselves as His children we can seek His help and His guidance. Every person is afraid of something, as a Christian we can take our fears to God.

We want to grow spiritually. We want to be able to digest the meat of the Gospel, but let us never lose that child-like faith, that stands in awe of our great God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 9, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Lord, Give Us Wisdom”

James 1:5 King James Version
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In this day and age, we need wisdom more than ever. We look around us and see many people who did great things in the Name of the Lord, fall from grace. Not only is it disheartening, but it can also cause us to fear.

As I continue to write my blog, I am mindful of the changes that are happening to my brain. If I think on that too long, I become fearful of embarrassing my God and my Savior with mistakes. Yet, God in loving kindness reminds me that He will guide me.

When we turn our eyes off of our fears and focus our hearts and minds on God, He will strengthen our resolve and take away our fears. Too often great men and women fall away from God because of pride. When we remember that anything we do for God, is because God had blessed us with a gift, then we can easily give all the glory to God for the success we have.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 8, 2021
Happy Monday,

The Love of God
“Promise #67:
I have brought you close through the blood of Christ. 
Ephesians 2:13 (WEB)
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off
are made near in the blood of Christ.”

We cannot fathom the true cost of our salvation and the cost to the Heavenly Father and Jesus. We are so very blessed by God’s love for us. In God’s great love for us, He called us to come and receive salvation and the gift of eternity in Heaven.

Whether you are suffering physically or dealing with stress we have a loving God, who calls us to come to Him and receive help. He will sustain us. He will give us the strength to face another day.

My friends, let us rejoice in the loving relationship we have with our God and Savior. Reach out a hand to fellow Christians who have been overcome by the cares of this world. Remind each other that we are loved and of our future in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 6, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Living For God In Evil Times

Genesis 6:8 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

It is easy to become discouraged today. When good is considered evil and evil good. Yet Noah worked hard and shared God to anyone who would listen, for one hundred years and got not one convert. He was laughed at, scorned, and consider crazy, yet he pressed on.

In the scheme of things what the world thinks about us should matter little to us. It is what God thinks of us that should matter. The people of this world do not determine our eternal destination, God does. Let us live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. Everyday seeking to live in God’s Will and praising His Name.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 5, 2021
Happy Friday,

The Finished Line

We know we are closed to the finish line, but we cannot see it. Is it this week, next month or next year? We must keep our trust in God even though we cannot see the finish line. We must not give up. The angels in Heaven are rejoicing at our progress and are cheering us on.

“Philippians 3:14New King James Version
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Our eyes must be on God and our faith secure in the Word of God. We cannot allow every new ‘religious idea’ lead us down a sinful path but hold on to the truth of the Gospel. When we do this, the Holy Spirit will warn us of false teaching.

The world scoffs at the idea that Jesus is doing back for His Church.

2 Peter 3:4 King James Version
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

We must not allow the world to influence us. Jesus promised to come back for us and He will keep His promise. With daily prayer and Bible reading, we can keep our faith secure and firm. Press on my friends, the prize that awaits us is Heaven, and what a joyful day it will be when we enter the gates of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 4, 2021
Happy Thursday,

God’s Unending Love

“Promise #63:
Though the mountains vanish, My unending love with never leave you.

Isaiah 54:10 (WEB)
For the mountains may depart, and the hills be removed;
but my loving kindness shall not depart from you,
neither shall my covenant of peace be removed,”
says Yahweh who has mercy on you.”

Human love can die, marriages crumble, and friendships end, but God’s love for His children is eternal. We can rest securely on this promise. God in His mercy will forgive us of our sins if we only ask. God’s concern is steady and is not govern by His moods.

We are loved by all parts of the Godhead. God does not tolerate us because Jesus loves us too. For it was the love of God that sent His only Son to die for us.

John 17:23New International Version
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Let us not get caught up in the hatred the world has for true Christians, who stand firm against sin. Remember the world also hated Jesus. What the world thinks of us, will not mean a thing on judgment day. Rejoice in your salvation and stand firmly in the truth of God. Do not allow the world's beliefs to derail you from the truth of the Gospel. If the world thinks Christians are foolish, then let us be foolish for our God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 2, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Meet The Lord In The Air”

1 Thessalonians 4:17 King James Version
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I was thinking of this verse when I woke up. I am so excited waiting on the rapture, that I had bypassed the part of meeting the Lord in the air. Meeting the Lord in the air!

Truth is, if God had said He would send an lesser angel to get us, we would still be happy. What a wonderful thought that Jesus will come for us! What an enormous blessing it is for Jesus to leave His Throne to come for us! Praise God!

The world may look down on us and call us delusional, but we are precious in the eyes of God. Don’t allow the devil and his people to determine your attitude about yourself. You are special to the One that counts, God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 28, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

“Help Me, Lord!”

We can become weary, overwhelmed, and exhausted. There are times that when praying over our meals, our mind is barely on the prayer. May God in His love forgive us. When I am having a bad day with my lungs, I can barely get the words out. My friend our God is merciful and patient with His children.

He hears us when we cry out “Help me, Lord! When it looks like the car behind us at a red light, will not be able to stop. He hears us when we cry out in pain. Even when we have moved away from Him, He hears our prayers seeking forgiveness and draws closer to us.

May we remember to communicate with our God throughout the day. May we praise His Holy Name along with seeking His help for ourselves, our family, and friends.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 27, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Overcomers

Revelation 3:21
King James Version
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Can you imagine the excitement you would have if you met President Trump and shook hands with Him? We would beg for a picture taken with him and we would send a copy to all our family and friends. Yet, that is nothing compared to the joy we will have to sit with Jesus in his throne!

I used to hear it say that if I could get to Heaven by the skin of my teeth! and I used to agree. No more my friend. By the grace of God, I want to be an overcomer. I want to hear Jesus say this:

“Matthew 25:23?King James Version
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”

Christians let us strive to live faithful and true for our Lord and Savior! May God help us live for Him daily and seek to please Him everyday. Let our actions not bring shame to the God. May our heart sing “Glory to God in the Highest and praises to His great Name!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 26, 2021
Happy Friday,

Heaven Awaits Us

“Promise #57:
When your body fails, you have an eternal home waiting for you. 

2 Corinthians 5:1 (WEB)
For we know that if the earthly house of our tent is dissolved,
we have a building from God, a house not made with hands,
eternal, in the heavens.”

As we get older, our bodies change. We can no longer do the things we used to do. We get tired more quickly. We have pains in places we never even gave a thought to. There is a reason for this. As we age we begin to long for a new body.

Our minds become focused on Heaven and things that used to worry us are no longer a concern to us. God wants us to be more focused on Him and less focused on the world. When we do that we will find more peace of mind. This is not our Home. We are waiting for our real home where we will be safe and secure in the presence of God. Hold on to the promise of Heaven, and keep your trust in God.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 25, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Seeking Peace

This world is sliding into evil faster than a snowball rolling down a mountain. Sadly, they have no shame. People eat up evil like it is candy. Women’s lives will be subjected to danger when transgender men can be in the bathroom, dressing room, and even in women’s prison. Children will not be protected from this evil when grown men are allowed in public bathrooms.

We see evil growing so we must pray over our families that God will protect them. We must prepare our hearts so that we will be ready when the trumpet blows. It is easy for us to become agitated at what the world is doing but seek perfect peace from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 24, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Living in the Will of God

The closer we get to God, the more we desire to live in His Will. The more we desire to please Him. The result of this is that we grow spiritually and experience more peace of mind. For we are assured, that even when God directs us down paths of stony and painful territory, He knows best.

When we take our eyes off God and seek selfish desires our path may seem more comfortable but it leads to loss. Our spiritual health suffers and we lose our peace. The further we move away from God the more open we are to dangers. We can become more vulnerable to false teaching. Our faith in God grows weaker and so does our resistance to sin.

Let us live as obedient children of God and strive to walk in God’s Will. When we do this we will face more trials but we will have more peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 23, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Do Not Be Double-Minded

James 1:8 King James Version
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Matthew 6:24 King James Version
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

A great lady in the Church I grew up in was a Spirit-filled great teacher of the Word of God. We moved away for four years and we return, she told with a mischievous laugh: “I am not the woman, I used to be. I read a book.” Soon I found to my dismay that she had become a new-age Christian. She no longer accepted the Bible as infallible but chose to believe in things contrary to the Bible. This broke my heart.

From then on, I felt uncomfortable around her. It was as if the Holy Spirit was warning me not to get too close to her, lest I begin to accept her false beliefs.

Christians we must be on guard that we do not fall into believing false teaching. The devil can make lies look so pretty. We can even feel superior, thinking our new beliefs are more modern and accepted by the world. God did not save us so we can be accepted by the world. The world’s views are contrary to God’s Holy Word. Many of the beliefs and world’s standards are evil.

We must stand firm in the teachings of God so we are not led astray by the devil. If you believe abortion and homosexuality is a sin, you will not be accepted by the world and sadly many Christians. God helps us to stay true to Him and His Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22,2021
Happy Monday,

“The Flesh Is Weak

Matthew 26:41 King James Version
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Have you ever awoken for the day and you feel like you can face anything? You decide you are going to get everything done on your to do list and your going to shine for God----and then the shoe drops.

You spill your coffee on your clothes and have to change. You look for your grocery list and spend 10 minutes looking for it. You are all set to go and you cannot find your keys. You find the keys and either the dog has an accident in the house or the cat vomits on the floor.

All that feeling of shining for God has left. In fact, you are in a mood that people better tip-toe around you are they may get a harsh comment. Does this mean that we should give up on shining God’s light into the world? No!

When things start to go wrong stop and pray. Running through the house like a cat high on catnip is not going to help you find your keys. A few minutes of prayer will not only help you relax, but you can pray that God will guide you to where the keys are.

The devil is going to fight us at every turn but we can find help and peace from God. Do not be too hard on yourself. Everyone misplaced things. Permit yourself to make mistakes. Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself and your day will go much better.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 21, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

The Trinity

The Godhead is hard to understand for many. When I was in Junior High, I when thru a stage that I was convinced that I would offend one part of the Godhead in my prayers. So I prayed to God, then Jesus, and then the Holy Spirit, so I would not hurt their feelings.

I believe that God saw my age and confusion and heard all three of my prayers. It was not until I was in my thirties that understood that the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins and guides us to God. Jesus is our intercessor to God, so we pray to God, in the Name of Jesus.

Philippians 2:9-11
King James Version
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God our Heavenly Father is a patience God who understands our difficulties. With my brain issues, I can still go body to the throne of God and know that He will hear my prayers, even in my moments of confusion. We can go and speak to God honestly and He not only hears our prayers, but He is concerned about us. He does not dismiss even the smallest issue we have for our concerns are important to Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 20, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Be Strong in the Lord”

Ephesians 6:10 King James Version
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

We can be strong in the Lord. We do not have to be windblown like leaves but keep our faith firm and steady in God. We do not have to be lead a stray by false Teachers and Preachers, but confirm everything we hear by the Word of God.

1 John 4
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. ...

The Apostle John warns us deceiving spirits and prophets, who speak a different Gospel than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are many who say that Jesus is not God. The Jewish Leaders, hated Him because He did say He was God. Let us not turn away from the truth so close to the rapture. To deny the deity of Jesus is a very dangerous thing to do.

Hold fast to the truth of the Gospel and keep our trust firmly in Jesus our Savior and Lord. God help us to walk in Your truths and not be lead astray by evil spirits.
Betty

Psalm 121
King James Version
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 19, 2021
Happy Friday,

There are so many questions and so few answers. Texas has power and water, but the water needs to be boiled. Stores are extremely low on bottled water and food. Texans are suffering. With all this going there are still people fighting to survive COVID.

With all the things going, we wonder why God is taking so long to come and get His children. Them we remember that has had a plan since before mankind was created. We must never forget that complete trust in God is required if want to please God. Not only is it required to please God, but trust is necessary if we want to have peace of mind.

When we stop and take a deep breath and remind ourselves that God has kept the moon and stars in places for ages, we can trust Him to provide for us in every circumstance. Yet, even so like the Apostle John said:

“Revelation 22:20
King James Version
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 18, 2021
Happy Thursday,

“Despisers of Those That Are Good”

2 Timothy 3:1

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

The world is turning against Conservative Christians at a rapid growth. I live in Texas where many are suffering. I was shocked to read an article in a newspaper outside of Texas, questioning whether people should feel sorry for Texans since we are a red state. I was shocked. People are dying here, adults and children.

When California deals with fire or earthquakes, I never feel pleasure at their suffering, but pray for them instead. Last night I watched a crime show on TV where the writers made the bad guys, a ‘Christian terrorist’ group.

The liberal's hate for Christians and conservatives is growing by leaps and bounds. The speaker of the House in a press conference accused conservative Christians of being against democracy because of our stand on abortion.

Christians the world is being conditioned to accept persecution against Christians. When the rapture happens, the antichrist will not have to work very hard to turn those left to Christian haters.

Christians we must prepare our hearts for some rough times ahead. We must pray that God will help us to continue to grow spiritually and be strong in our beliefs.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 17, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

God Cares About The Broken Hearted

“Promise #48:
I will heal your broken heart and mend all your wounds.

Psalm 147:3 (WEB)
He heals the broken in heart,
and binds up their wounds.”

When one is suffering from a broken heart, they often feel alone. Loved ones and friends want to comfort them but grieving is very personal and a lonely journey. Our Heavenly Father wants to comfort us. He wants to bring us into His arms and surround us with His love.

Often we hide in our grief, instead of seeking help from God and others.
It is hard to admit that we are not strong, but admitting that we are in pain, opens the door to allow God and others in to comfort us.

The Church is under attack is too many Churches are seeking the world’s approval, by embracing sin. Pray for Churches to stand strong on the truth of the Gospel and speak the truth, even if it is not popular.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 16, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Supporting the Truth of the Bible

An openly gay and proud woman is number one on the Christian music Billboard this week. Christians, this should not be. I have nothing against gay people. We should love them, but when we support a person who is making a living singing Christian music, who is openly gay we are supporting a lifestyle that is contrary to God’s Holy Word.

We must not support activities that God finds a abomination. Just if a married Pastor is having an affair should not be allowed to continue in his position, a person who is living a homosexual lifestyle should not be allowed to produce music under a Christian music label.

As Christians we must stand up for the truth of the Gospel. It is very dangerous to give a sinner false hope of salvation when they choose to live in disobedience to God. They must make a choice to live for God or live in sin.

Yes we all sin from time. The difference is we repent and turn away from our sin. Pray for young Christians that they will not be led astray by the world’s standards and heretics posing as Christians.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 15, 2021
Happy Monday,

Where Do I Stand?

This is the time to search yourself and see where you stand on moral behaviors and on sin. There is coming a time where we will have to proclaim where we stand on Bible principles. If we do not have a clear reflection of our beliefs, we will be open to being led astray by popular beliefs that do not measure up to God’s Word.

If our Bible beliefs are on the fence or built on sand, how will we stand firm, when Bible truths can cost us? Are we going to able to stand strong in our faith, when the world calls conservative Christians brainwashed or even deranged?

Let us search our hearts and minds and see where we stand. Then each of us put on the whole armor of God. Seek God and ask Him to fill us with His Holy Spirit so we can stand firm in petulant times.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 13, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Give Me Patience

“Promise #44:
If you wait for Me, I will work on your behalf.

Isaiah 64:4 (WEB)
For from of old men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear,
neither has the eye seen a God besides you,
who works for him who waits for him.”

My Granny told me several times, not to pray for patience. She said when she did, she went through some rough times. Over the last six months, I have had to learn to be more patient with myself. It is frustrating to have to stop talking in the middle of a sentence because you cannot remember a word. This morning I had a hard time remembering what year it is and had to look it up.

Patience often requires waiting. I have always been one to jump in without knowing what was required to do the job. Waiting on God can be hard, too! We pray and we expect God to jump in and fix everything. Often He requires us to wait and trust Him. We can either get frustrated and when angry at God because of this. The best thing for us to do is give Him praise and pray for others while we wait for the answer.

Remember the only song “This so sweet to trust in Jesus”. When we wait and trust God we will be more relaxed and at peace. God’s timing is always best!
Betty

For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.
- Psalm 71:5

'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
Hymn Writer ~ Louisa M. R. Stead, c. 1850-1917
Hymn Music ~ William Kirkpatrick, 1838-1921
Stanza 1:
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"
Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Stanza 2:
Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Refrain:

Stanza 3:
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.
- Psalm 71:5
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Refrain:
Stanza 4:
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 12, 2021
Happy Friday,

Jesus Is The Light

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12

We see evil all around and the world growing dark with evil. Yet, in the darkest corners, Jesus can still bring light and healing. In our long nights when fear overwhelms us, call out to our Heavenly Father. He will wrap us in His loving arms and take away our fears and replace them with His peace.

We see well-respected Christians know all over the world for their faith, lose their way and we worry that this could happen to us. Jesus whispers softly to us, that He will sustain us during these dark days. He calls us to sit at His feet and learn from Him.

We need to stop trying to be like well known Christians but strive to be like Jesus. Our faith must not be built on mankind. Even the strongest person can lose their way. Our faith must be built on the solid rock of Jesus. He will never fail us or lead us astray.
Betty

Matthew 7:24-27
King James Version
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 11,2021
Happy Thursday,

People Need The Lord

I did not watch the Super Bowl, but watched the commercials on YTube. Bruce Springsteen did a commercial that showcases a chapel that is always open. Sounded great, but Bruce was for canceling people and closing Churches last year. He hates President Trump and has no use for people who support Trump.

This is the world we live in. People say one thing and do another. Actions have consequences. In bad times people need Churches. People need God. We do not need wokeness. We need salvation through Jesus Christ.
The devil is working hard stirring hate into this world. If we are not happy it is not because of a lack on our part. It is play the blame game and blame anyone who thinks differently than us.

My friends, we see that our freedoms are on shaky ground. We need to grow closer to God and trust Him to see us through the dark days. Look up my friends, our redemption is close at hand.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 10, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Heavenly Peace

“Promise #41:
I will give you peace at all times and in every situation.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 (WEB)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times
in all ways. The Lord be with you all”

There are times we are overwhelmed by circumstances beyond our control. It is so easy to become frightened and in our fear, we often lose sight of God. God has not moved but the devil can convince us we have been abandoned.

These are the times to cry out to God. Seek him with all our heart. When we do this God will make Himself known to us. He will answer our cries and with His love, He will comfort us.

God will turn out fears into joy. He will give us Heavenly peace.

John 14:27
King James Version 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Evil is growing in this world but God is still Holy. God has not abandoned the truth of His Gospel. Stay strong in the faith of God. Sadly many have abandoned the truth of the Gospel and turn to false Gospels. May God keep us strong in His hands and help us keep our eyes on Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 9, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

And, the Spirit Says Come

Revelation 22:17
“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.”

Come body to the Throne of God. Come and repent of your sins and seek a reconciliation with the Heavenly Father. Let us not hide our sins in the far corners of our minds, but humbly confess them to God.

We cannot have peace of mind until we open our heart to God and we are willing, to be honest with Him. When we are willing to trust God with everything, then we can receive forgiveness and turn away from sin and live in righteousness.

These are not the days to be trying to live in two worlds. We must choose to give ourselves over to God, completely. We can not serve two masters. Almost saved, will not get us into Heaven. We cannot choose to live in sin and be saved. Salvation comes from repentance that seeks forgiveness and turning away from our sins. Living in sin is like a pig that is washed and returns to the mud. If we choose to live in sin we are not saved.

Rejoice in the Lord and praise His Name.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 8, 2021
Happy Monday,

The Eternal Light

Have you ever had the power go out at night and then cannot find a flashlight that works? Christians, we have a God and Savior, whose light will never dim or go out.

His Holy Word will guide us every day and through every trial. His promises are forever. We need not fear the darkness or the evil the devil and his demons bring. God has already defeated the devil.

Our faith is not in this world, not the government, but the Creator of all things. When things are rough look to God the author and the finisher of our faith. By faith, we look forward to Heaven, but one day we will walk through the gates of Heaven and see Jesus face to face. What a blessed day that will be!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 6, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Cancelled Society

“Promise #37:
I have sealed you with My Spirit to guarantee your coming inheritance. 

Ephesians 1:13-14 (WEB)
13 in whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation—in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is a pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of his glory.”

We are living in a canceled society. Having an opinion that differs from the masses, standing up for the wrong person, or just two things that can get you canceled.

God is not like that. He has sealed His children with the Holy Spirit so we do not have to fear that God will cancel us. He will discipline us like a loving father does with His children, but He will not throw us away or abandon us.

The amazing love God has for His children is beyond our comprehension. Let us not take for granted God’s love for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 5, 2021
Happy Friday,

The Greatest Commandment

Matthew 22:36-40
King James Version
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus made it quite simple if we love God and people will be less likely to sin. When we love God we want to obey Him and please Him. When we love people we will not commit sins against them.

In these last days, our love for God mustn't grow cold nor, must we not become bitter towards people. We want to live for God and share His love with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 4, 2021
Happy Thursday,

One Way

Acts 4:12King James Version
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Steve Harvey has joined others saying that there is more ways to Heaven. This is not Biblical truth. What he is doing is dangerous. He is leading people astray. As Christians, we must be very careful that we do not say something in the Name of God that contradicts the Word of God.

The devil is working overtime to lead people astray. Let us pray that God will help us to not only stay on the straight and narrow but to only speak the truth even in days when the truth of the Word of God is not popular.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 3, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Check Your Religion, Outside The Door

Nancy Pelosi was very upset over Christians who allow their ‘religion’, to affect their voting. What Mrs. Pelosi does not understand is that real Christianity is not a coat we take off and on. True Christianity is a relationship with a Christ. A relationship with a Christ starts off with a seed in our heart.

Our relationship with Christ is to grow to a tall tree that bears the fruit of the Holy Spirit. We are to be a walking testimony of our relationship with Christ and His goodness flowing out from us. So that others can see their need of a Savior and seek salvation for themselves.

Sadly too many politicians and regular citizens of this world, have a religious belief but not a heart change. They can take their coat of religion off and on and will. When they are around Church people, they wear their religious coat with pride. When they around people who are not religious they take off their religious coat and hide it.

A religious coat will not get you into Heaven. Only a relationship with Christ will allow you to enter Heaven. We must decide for ourselves whether popularity or a relationship with Christ is important to us. We cannot have both.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 2, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

God Will Fulfill His Plans

Isaiah 46:10
King James Version
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

No matter what the devil thinks or mankind thinks, God has plans and His plans will be fulfilled. Everything that is happening is part of God’s plans. We need not worry or fear. If things get rough, our God will be with us. His Holy Word is a light to our paths. The Holy Spirit will guide us. God will send His angels to watch over and protect us.

Let us lay aside our fears and praise our Heavenly Father in prayers and praise. For He is worthy of all praise. Rejoice, my friends, for our time is coming to an end and soon we will be in the very presence of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 31, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Choose Who You Will Serve

Joshua 24:15
King James Version
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Every person must decide for themselves who they will serve. Refusing to choose is choosing the devil. God has given every person the right to choose but along with that right comes the consequences of our choice.
A choice that will affect our eternity.

God loves mankind so much that even after people have chosen not to serve God and are left behind at the rapture, an angel is sent to earth to warn people not to serve God.

Revelation 14:6-7 King James Version
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

God loves mankind so much that during the tribulation, God will send an angel to earth to warn every person not to take the mark of the beast. People who choose to take the mark, will have no excuse.

Revelation 14:9-11
King James Version
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Today is the day to choose to serve God. Eternity is at stake. Choose wisely.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 30, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“This Little Light of Mine”

Are we shining our light for God? Do others see Jesus in is? These days we live in, it may be tempting to hide our light, but remember what Jesus said about that.

Luke 9:26
King James Version
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Matthew 10:32
King James Version
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Let us shine our faith in pride, not in ourselves, but pride in our Heavenly Father and His Son, whom we received redemption and eternal life in Heaven. We should love lost souls enough to live in away that reflects the truth of the Gospel. God forbid that we are ever ashamed of our faith!
Betty

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
2. Thou Lamb of Calvary,
3. Savior divine!
4. Now hear me while I pray,
5. Take all my guilt away,
6. Oh, let me from this day
7. Be wholly Thine!
8. May Thy rich grace impart
9. Strength to my fainting heart,
10. My zeal inspire!
11. As Thou hast died for me,
12. Oh, may my love to Thee
13. Pure, warm, and changeless be,
14. A living fire!
15. While life’s dark maze I tread,
16. And griefs around me spread,
17. Be Thou my guide;
18. Bid darkness turn to day,
19. Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
20. Nor let me ever stray
21. From Thee aside.
22. When ends life’s transient dream,
23. When death’s cold, sullen stream
24. Shall o’er me roll;
25. Blest Savior, then in love,
26. Fear and distrust remove;
27. Oh, bear me safe above,
28. A ransomed soul!

By Ray Palmer

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 29, 2021
Happy Friday,

Fear Not

I have been having more times of confusion. That is to be expected. I need not fear, for God is with me on this journey. The devil likes to convince us that we travel alone on our paths. He is a liar. God does not abandon us.

People are at a stage where worry can overwhelm us. We do not know how the current administration will affect our friends and families and ourselves. Whatever happens, God will be with us. He will encourage us and the Holy Spirit will provide us comfort.

We press onward to the prize of Heaven. A man who is not a Christian told me in anger that I should just wish that I was in the time of the tribulation. He wanted to upset me, but God gave me the answer for the man. I told him that I agreed with my because the Church would be within the presence of our Heavenly Father.

The world is so filled with hate and anger. Even after their man became President, they still hate those of us who voted for Trump. This Country for the last year's has fed on their anger of Presidrnt Trump and now, not satisfied to see him out of office they are transferring their anger over to Trump supporters.

We must rise above our own anger and pray for those who have allowed hate to build up in their hearts for the last four years. Not content to get what they wanted, they want to lash out at us that stood by President Trump. Hate is a terrible thing and can lead to sin. Pray for the people of this Country to see the truth. Pray for the rapture to be soon.
Betty

1 Peter 5:4King James Version
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 28, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Treading Water

There are times in our spiritual lives, that we feel that we are barely treading water. We do not see any progress and we can become discouraged. We must remind ourselves the devil loves to remind us of our past failures. He also hides from us our victories.

Romans 8:37-39
King James Version
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Let us acknowledge our victories and give God the glory. For it is God’s faith in our abilities and His patience and grace with us, that keeps walking faithfully with our Heavenly Father. We can learn from our mistakes and rejoice in our victories.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 27, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Many Voices

Before and after the elections there were many voices convinced that somehow Trump would still be President. I, myself was beset with confusion on who to believe. I learned through all this not to worry about all the voices saying different things, but to trust God.

I honestly do not believe that those who were wrong are necessarily false prophets, though some maybe. Many allowed the voice of God to be covered up by their own desires. They knew the Democratic agenda is against God. Some were hoping for four more years before judgment comes to our land.

My friend, judgment is coming. A Nation can not promote sin forever and not be judged. This is not time to fear. If we are to do the work God called us to do, the time is now. If we are going to speak the truth in love to our loved one living in sin, it is now. No one wants to hurt those we love, but when the rapture happens and they are left behind, the real hurt will come.

My friends fear not the coming days but cling to our Lord and Savior. Whatever happens, He will not abandon us.
Betty

Titus 2:13
King James Version
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 26, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Like sheep, we are prone to wander. To look for greener pastures. To be led astray but things that look pretty but are dangerous. God in His mercy calls us back to the fold. He wants us to walk with Him and not wander here and there. His way may be stony at times, but there is a reason why. In stormy times we learn that God is our Savior and protector.

When you feel lost and confused cry out to God. Draw nigh to God and He will draw high to you. These days are troubled but we can find assurance and safety under the wings of our Heavenly Father. Let us not become fearful but seek God in His only Word and in prayer. If we ask God, He will strengthen us and refresh our souls. God can and is willing to give us a revival in our souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 25, 2021
Happy Monday,

God Help My Unbelief
Mark 9:24
King James Version
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Any Christian can have questions and doubts. God does not turn His back on His children, when we experience doubts and fears. He wants us to open up our hearts to Him and share our concerns with Him. Hiding our feelings solves nothing. Instead, be honest with God and talk to God about your feelings. Seek guidance and help from your Heavenly Father.

Remind yourself of how much God loves you. He sent His Son to suffer and die for your sins. Your concerns also concerns Him. He is not blind to your hurts. Seek God will all your heart and worship God in spirit and in truth. May God bless you today and surround you with His love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 23, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Redemption

Isaiah 1:18
King James Version
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

No matter how many showers we take, we cannot clean our souls from sins. Only the blood of Jesus can take away the sins from our hearts. His suffering brought redemption to those who choose to confess their sins and turn away from their sins and to live in righteousness. We can only live righteous lives if we walk daily with God.

Living in God’s will is a conscious decision on our part. We will not accidentally fall into righteousness. We must choose to live for God. Let us choose to live daily in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement