Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 21)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 8, 2020
Happy Monday,

The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28, NIV

We see the wicked prosper and gain world respect, but their joy is only for a short while. Those who live for self-gratification will one day face the judgment of God. They chose temporary glory over eternal joy in Heaven. Rather than glorifying God, they sought their own glory.

Little by little, they allowed their morals to fall away in their quest for money and power. Satan uses them for his own agenda and then throws them away like trash. When one chooses to serve God, they serve a God that is faithful in this lifetime and throughout eternity.

Jesus took on human form to live and die to save mankind. Satan has no love for mankind and only uses people to fulfill his own desires. He does not comfort the suffering and he sheds no tears for the sick.

We must choose our own destiny. Serving God brings eternal bliss. Serving self brings eternal damnation.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 7, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

The Coming Rapture

Revelation 22:20-21 King James Version (KJV)
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

The rapture will not only separate lost souls from the saved but separate the true Christians from the fake. Only those who are truly saved will go up in the rapture. Those pretend Christians will be left behind.

Salvation is the most important gift we will ever be given. It will be too late to commit to Christ at the moment of the rapture. We are getting close to the point of no return. God has been very generous with mankind but His patience is coming to an end.

2 Corinthians 6:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

When the rapture happens, many will fall to their knees. No amount of tears will change your fate. At this point, you will be here for the time of Jacob’s troubles, the tribulation. Come let us fall before the feet of God and ask for forgiveness and commit to serving God for the rest of our lives.
Betty

Matthew 25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 6, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”I Will Never Leave You”

Promise #157: I will not abandon you, for I am glad to make you my own.

God is pleased to make us apart of His family. He sent His Son to die for us. Yet, we have trouble believing that God will stay with us and never abandoned us. For God to abandon His children, He will have to be untrue to Himself. God will never do this.

Satan is a liar and it brings him satisfaction to cause God’s children to doubt God and His faithfulness. When we remind ourselves that Satan wants to have as many people as he can go to hell, we can learn to remind ourselves to ignore satan and trust in God.

God is so good to us. It should bring us joy to seek to please God by living righteous and Holy lives. Keep our hands to the plow and hearts and minds set on Christ.
Betty

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 5, 2020
Happy Friday,

Evil Men Make Plans And God Laughs

”Of every earthly plan that be known to man, He is unconcerned. He's got plans of His own to set up His throne when He returns.” –Bob Dylan

Men with money and power are making plans to bring a new normal where Religious freedoms are a thing of the past. They want to usher in a new normal. They want to control the world with a One World Government and One World Religion. These men think that they are the puppeteers, but the true controller is satan.

Satan has always wanted to be worshipped. He tried to take over God’s throne and was thrown out of Heaven. These men want to put Joe Biden in office because they can control him. These men think they are in control, but they are being controlled by Satan. These men disdain God and are plotting against God.

Psalm 2:1-5 King James Version (KJV)
2 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

As Christians, we need not fear. We should vote but not be troubled by the outcome. God is in control, no matter who wins. The tribulation will be ruled by Satan, but God will win and He will rule for eternity.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 4, 2020
Happy Thursday

Press On
Philippians 3
Pressing Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already attained,[c] or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have [d]apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already [e]attained, let us walk by the same [f]rule, let us be of the same mind.

We are close to the end of the road, but we must do as the Apostle Paul said for us to do and that is to press on. We are too close to the prize to abandon our faith. We have come too far to give up. Let us press on toward the prize of eternity in Heaven. Turning back should not be an option for us. Our love for God should keep us moving forward and rejecting any lie from Satan to turn back to or away from the path that God had given us.

Let us not give in to fear. Though the waves press against we can stand fast in our faith in God. Though false Preachers and teachers, preach another Gospel, we need not abandoned the truth of God’s Holy Word.

We have been through a lot this year. We are tired and exhausted. We must resist the devil's attempts to fill our hearts with fear. Instead, let us strengthen our faith in God, by daily reading the Bible and prayer. Encourage ourselves in the Word of God just as King David did. Reminding ourselves of the precepts of God, we can make it to the finish line.
Betty

Remember to look for God’s little diamonds in each day.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 3, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

We should grieve with hurting people. When someone we love is hurting we should feel their pain. When we do we will pray more effectively for them. Then our prayer is not a quick prayer but an intense prayer for God to work on their behalf.

Seek God’s Will in the lives of our family that God can work out their pain and suffering for the better good. Pray for emotional healing for those who are suffering from past emotional injuries. Pray that God will soothe their mental and emotional wounds with His amazing love.

We cannot change the past for ourselves or others. We can pray that God will heal the wounds of the past and bring peace and joy into our hearts and the hearts of those we love.

We also suffer with people we do not know. Pray for justice for those who are injured or murdered. Pray that God will heal the people in America that are suffering and help them to feel safe again. Lord Jesus, heal our land and our people.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thank you, Brother Jeff

June 2, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

We do not have to give into anger in these perilous times. We can take our concerns to God. He will help us speak peace in hateful times and He will fill our hearts with His perfect peace. God is still in control. He is still on His throne.

Do not lose hope, but keep your faith secured in your Heavenly Father. Jesus is coming back soon for His bride. Let us live faithfully and Holy as we wait for His return.
Betty

Romans 13:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now, is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

--------------------

yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, TODAY, JESUS' SHALOM to you and your household -

May the Father, Creator in and from heaven grant grace to know Him, to know His Way, today,
with perfect peace,
and joy,
in Jesus,
as planned....

Shalom Betty,
jeff

p.s. there may be ways in Christ Jesus, His Way, someone can help...

In the Light, in Jesus, May The Father Reveal The Truth Today!
===============================

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
June 10, 2019
Happy Monday,

Another night with barely any sleep. Hubby could not sleep, either and we were grumpy together. Our poor Bertha is exhausted, because we kept her awake. My surgeon will be in tomorrow. There are times that we lie in bed awake and in pain and stress because there seems to be no answers why. In the day time it is easier to have faith, but in the dark of night the devil torments us and adds to our fears and questions. My pain from the surgery has increased. I can barely comb my hair and turning my head to the right brings sharp pain. My confusion was bad yesterday. I had trouble with finding the right words.

Now the sun has come out and I have taken something for the pain and to calm myself down. I remind myself that I am blessed that I can go to sleep and rest, soon and sleep til I wake up. Faith is trusting God when we can see no answers in sight. Now as I look back on yesterday and last night, there was never a time that I felt that God had abandoned me. The answers I needed where out of sight, but I could still feel the presence of the Lord and His loved wrapped around me.

When hope abandons us, let us go to the Rock of our Faith, Jesus. There may be times that we cling to the cross as storms waves and winds shake us to our very being, still we feel secure in our Savior. Our hope and faith increases as we cry out to Jesus. As Paul says we may be shaken, but we are not abandoned. We press on towards the prize of Heaven even when the way is so dark that we cannot see.
Betty

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 1, 2020
Happy Monday,

Evil

It should be no shock to a Christian that evil is multiplying in these days, but it is. The Bible warned us it would, yet I like others find these days shocking. It is shocking how much hate people have for one another. It is shocking the way people have no regard for people or their property.

There is an answer to today’s problems and that is in having a relationship with Jesus. When a person walks with God, they know that stealing is wrong and so is violence towards one another.

It is sad what happened to Mr. Floyd. Looting is not going to bring change. Blocking freeways and kicking in strangers' vehicles is not going to bring change. The only way hearts can be changed is by having one's hearts changed by God. Only God can take a heart filled with hate and change that heart to a loving heart.

It cannot be said enough, that this world has a sin problem. We need God and we need God to change us and forgive our sins. Until then everytime something bad happens the reaction of people will tend to be evil. Simply, because this world is being led by Satan.
Betty

Isaiah 1:18 King James Version (KJV) 18  Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord : though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. King James Version (KJV)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 31, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

A Sin Problem

We all have opinions about what is happening now. A black man who was a Christian was murdered by a cop and people have turned that into an excuse to rob and destroy someone else's property. There are hurt feelings on all sides, but the true problem is sin. Sin is causing people to react out of hate.

Mr. Floyd’s family needs righteous justice and not people stealing and destroying other people's property. Instead of riots, our Country needs to be calling out to God in prayer. Prayer for justice for the Floyd family. Prayer for God to remove prejudice from people’s hearts.

When we allow our hate to guide our behavior we are going to be led by the devil into sin. Hate by itself is a sin and hate begets lawlessness. Hate divides people. Instead of behaving as Americans, we become races against other races. This is so wrong.

This works needs Jesus. We need to lay aside our pride and as a Nation pray for forgiveness and healing of our land. Until this happens we will walk in sin and be led by Satan into more and more sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 29, 2020
Happy Friday,

People are filled with hate in this world and born into sin. Everyone should be saddened by Mr. Floyd’s death. He was murdered by someone who was being paid to protect the people of the neighborhood. The policeman should be held accountable for committing murder.

This said, the people who are stealing and burning down businesses are criminals and need to pay for breaking laws. I believe in peaceful protest, but crimes against your neighborhood are just plain wrong.

Our world is becoming so filled with hate and sin that people are like a bomb ready to explode. Christians need to fall on their needs and pray for our Country. Pray for those who are prejudice against someone because of their race. Prejudice is a sin.

We are living in the last days. This hate will increase and people will become more violent in the days to come. We need to make sure we are right with God and that we have no hidden sin in our hearts. Pray for forgiveness and pray for people to get saved before it is too late. Pray for Mr. Floyd’s family and friends who are suffering. Pray for the black community who are suffering.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 28, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Have you ever had a good day with your family, and then out of nowhere, an argument starts? The argument can be over something petty and leave you wondering what happened.

The devil happened. The devil likes to cause strife. He uses every opportunity he can to cause discord. He does this in homes and work. He wants to cause people to sin. Christians and sinners, alike are tempted to sin when they are angry.

All the devil has to do is light the fire and step back and watch reactions as tempers flare. In times like these, people say things that they would normally not say. They react in ways they would normally not do. Tempers can weaken a marriage, destroy a friendship, and cost a person there job

As Christians, we need to prepare ourselves before the battle. We do this by praying for spiritual discernment. Sometimes in situations, we need to stop and say that we need to stop talking until we are all calm and can discuss this subject rationally. Better to walk away before we say or do something we will regret. Even on social media, it is often better to leave a discussion before we get hot-headed and say the wrong thing.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 27, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Another time when hate raises up it ugly head. Hate is a sin. The devil fills men and women’s hearts with hate. All races and creeds can be overcome with hate. The world is shocked at what happens to Mr. Floyd. Christians should not be, Jesus, Himself warned us about how evil this world would be in the last days.

We can no longer help Mr. Floyd. We need to insist on justice for him and his family and pray for his family and friends. Pray that there not be revenge killings but a coming together of all races as we grieve with the family. Pray that God will use this man’s death to help people realize that all life is precious and most of all that we all need Jesus.
Betty

John 13:34 King James Version (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

--------------------

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 16 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree. I see it more and more each day. All I know is it drives believers closer and closer to Jesus.

Amen

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 26, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

I just read about a Christian singer, who no longer believes in God. It broke my heart. His father was a Pastor and he was raised in Church. He lived like a Christian, yet deep in his heart, He never was a Christian.

The times we are living in, are dividing the wheat from the snares. He looked like wheat and acted like wheat, but he was never wheat. How sad to know the truth and yet reject the truth.

It takes more than head knowledge of God to be saved. It takes heart knowledge as well. It takes a change of our hearts to be saved. Sadly, he will be a discouragement to his band’s followers.

Romans 10:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

Sadly, we will see more of this, as the devil increases his attack on those who are working for God. Those whose work is only for fame, fortune, and personal glory will start dropping out of the race. As Christianity loses its popularity and respect, false converts will fall away.
Christians must not allow ourselves to become discouraged but stand faithful to God until the rapture.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 25, 2020
Monday- Memorial Day

Blessed Be The Name of The Lord

Psalm 113:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.

The Name of Lord all, a Name above of all others. Contrary to the world’s opinion. A world where the Lord’s Name, His Name is used as a curse word and now even the Name of Jesus is also. A world that seeks to diminish the value of God in their talk, in television shows, and movies.

What they cannot see, is their words of blasphemy cannot diminish the power of God. The see the slowness of God as a weakness. The truth is God is showing great patience so that all who would come to Him, may be saved.

Revelation 14:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Even during the tribulation, God will send an angel to preach to the world. Inviting those who would come to be saved from their sins. Sadly even then the majority will curse at God. Their hearts so hardened by their own evil that they will not listen to God’s sweet call.

Revelation 19:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

It will be only when Jesus comes to this earth to judge lost souls will people listen. Then it will be too late. Even then their tears will not be over their sins against God but tears of fear, knowing they are about to face the judgment of the Lord of Lords and the Kings of Kings.

Blessed be the Name of God who sacrificed His own Son on a cross to redeem people from their sins. One day those who rejected the gift of salvation will be judge by the God of the highest. Their Name not written in the Book of Life they will find their designation in a lake of fire for eternity.
Betty

Lyrics
Blessed be the name of the Lord
He is worthy to be praised and adored
So we lift up holy hands in one accord
Singing blessed be the name

Blessed be the name
Blessed be the named of the Lord

Blessed be the name
Blessed be the named of the Lord

Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name
(Blessed be the name)
Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 24, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Invitation From God

Matthew 11:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

God invites us to come to Him. He wants to save us. He came to earth, as a Babe to live and die for our sins. His life was an invitation for us to come to God through Jesus, so we could have a personal relationship with God.

Psalm 34:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

God is calling us today to come to Him for salvation, for healing, and for comfort. God wants to help us. He has taken the first step. Are we willing to swallow our pride and Come?

2 Corinthians 6:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

If we end up in hell, it will because we chose not to accept the gift of salvation. Let us lay aside our pride and admit we are sinners and accept the most precious gift of all: salvation and deliverance from sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 13, 2020
Happy Saturday

”Is God Dead?”

This was on the front page of Time magazine in 1966. Little by little the world began to live their lives as if God was indeed dead. Sin no longer an issue, people began to live by their own moral code. Year by year, people’s moral code began to disintegrate. Along the way regularly people allowed TV shows, movies, and celebrities, decide the moral code for us.

Our language and our beliefs became dictated by Hollywood and New York. The Bible becoming just a book on the shelf. People rejected the truth of the Bible. Sadly, many Pastors begin to preach what the people wanted to hear. No talk on sin, because the people did not want to hear about sin. No talk about Holiness and Righteous living because the people did not want to be told how to live.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

There is coming a day when all whose name is not written in the book of life will stand before God and be judged. If they have chosen to serve themselves and others over God, they will be sentenced to eternity in hell. False Preachers, Teachers, and the media will be no excuse. For each person will stand alone and give an account of themselves to God.

There is still time to choose salvation and to choose to walk in the Righteousness of God, but the time is coming to a close. Choose today whom you will serve. Your decision has eternity weighing on your decision. Go to God’s Holy Word and choose to live the way Jesus taught us to live.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 22, 2020
Happy Friday,

A Prayer From My Heart

Heavenly Father, your children live in a world where evil is accepted and righteousness rejected. We grow weary when we see sin honored. Everywhere we turn there is evil. We have grown weary and tired of seeing evil honored as if evil was an accomplishment. Yet, how much more must Your heartbreak to see the people you created rejecting You in favor of following the devil and His ways.

We know that You have told us that in the last days, it will be like Sodom and Gomorrah and the days of Noah. Knowing this would be this way but, seeing it in action is hard. Her heart's grieve over this world and this should be so. Seeing people who are on their way to hell, should grieve us.

People are rejecting the truth of Your Holy Word and when we attempt to warn them of the dangers coming they brush us off as if we were to be pitted for our belief in You, our Savior. Help us to never stop praying for lost souls. May we continue to allow Your Truths to be spoken with our mouths and Your love to shine forth in our actions.

Sadly the world does not understand the Season we are living. The Season when the Age of Grace is coming to an end. Your judgments are waiting at the door to be poured out onto this evil world. Our prayer is that you will save as many as will listen before the age of Grace, ends.
Betty

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Dementia Is A Theif

Dementia steals parts of your brain piece by piece. Even in the early stages it is frustrating. I am in the kitchen singing praise and worship songs in my head and I forget the next part. I have to stop singing. When I finally give up and stop struggling, God gives me the words.

Dementia is taking me on a ride that I do not want to be on, but God in His mercy gently gives me peace. My friends, we are all given problems that we do not understand. It is easy to want to cry out to God: ”Why Me?” Then I am reminded that I am the clay and God is the Potter. Who am I, to tell the Potter how to mold me? My job is to trust God in all circumstances.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 21, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Satan Is A Liar

Immediately, upon waking, the devil attacked my mind. My spirit was crushed and I fell into fear. The Holy Spirit quickened my spirit and I was reminded that I am secure in God. As long as we live in these corruptible bodies, we will be under attack by the devil, but we can find victory in the Lord.

The devil would love for us to live in fear and trembling. We must remind ourselves, that we were purchased and redeemed by the Holy Spirit. Our salvation is not a charm hanging on a bracket, waiting to be snatched away by the devil.

Ephesians 1:13-14 King James Version 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Everyday put on the armor of God, so we can live securely in our Heavenly Father. The devil would love to make us doubt our salvation, to make us feel unworthy to work for God. When we walk in faith, we can stand in truth and resist the lies of the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I Am Redeemed
(written by Jessy Dixon)
(recorded by Jessy Dixon & The Chicago Community Choir)

Chorus
I am redeemed, bought with a price,
Jesus has changed my whole life.
If anybody asks you, just who I am,
tell them I am redeemed.

Verse 1
Where there is hat, love now abides,
where there was confusion, peace now reigns.
I'm a child, child of the King,
it's all because I am redeemed.

Chorus

Verse 2
I'll tell of His favor, I'll tell of His love,
I'll tell of His goodness to me.
He purchased my redemption with His own precious blood,
and from sin I've been set free.

Chorus

Verse 3
There's no shackles on me, I'm as free as I can be;
because Jesus changed my life.
He died up on the cross,
that's why I can tell the world that I am redeemed.

Chorus

Verse 4
If you run across anybody that used to know me,
tell them I'm doing fine.
The last time that you saw me,
I was lifting up holy hands,
I'll tell them I've been redeemed.

Chorus

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 20, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Living In The Joy Of The Lord

Nehemiah 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

God wants us to live in joy. The joy of the Lord is not silliness. It is an eternal peaceful joy that gives us the strength to face good and bad times. We have the joy of knowing even through difficulties, God is with us and the difficulties will pass.

Joy comes from trusting God through all circumstances. Our trust in God must be consistent. If our faith in God wavers like a leaf on a tree moves with the movement of the air, we will have no peace.

James 1:8 King James Version (KJV)8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

God wants His children to be consistent in our faith in Him and our love for Him. He does not want us chasing after every new ”teaching of Christianity that differs from God’s Holy Word”.

When we stay in God’s Word, we will less likely be led astray by the devil’s liars.
It is important to know the truth of the Gospel, so we can recognize false teachings. The joy of the Lord is different than happiness. Happiness comes and goes, but the joy of the Lord is consistent.

Contrary to modern beliefs, God did not call us to live a charmed life. The Disciples walked with Jesus and yet all but John died for their faith. While God will meet our needs, He has not called us to be rich. We are to be rich in faith.
God will give us joy in our heart but there is no promise of fancy cars and mansions on this earth.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 19, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

”Give Me Oil In My Lamp”

Are we being revived daily by the Holy Spirit? Have we stopped listening to the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit? The Bible tells us about ten virgins. All ten virgins had their lamps but only five brought oil with them. The oil represents the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the first voice we hear calling us to repentance.

We are revived daily by the Holy Spirit through prayer and the reading of God’s Holy Word. When we fall into sin, it is the voice of the Holy Spirit that warns us that we are living in sin. If we refuse to listen, we can grieve the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 King James Version (KJV)
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

If we continue in sin and ignore the Holy Spirit, our hearts will become hardened to the point that we no longer hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. This will lead to disaster for a Christian. Our prayer should be that God will fill us every day with His Holy Spirit, so we do not run low, or God forbid run out of oil.

The five virgins that had no oil missed the Wedding. They had more important things to do then to be prepared for the Wedding. God was not first in their lives, so they were not permitted to attend the Wedding. If we are living with the hope of Glory guiding our lives than God will be first in our lives and we will be welcomed into the Wedding as the Bride of Christ. God will not settle for being second or third in our lives.

As the Bible says to choose who we will serve. We can not serve ourselves and God. When we choose to serve God, Heaven will be our reward.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 18, 2020
Happy Monday,

Often when I pray, I end the prayer by asking God to guide me in His will. I need to be in daily communication with God so that He can guide me. My heart and my brain needs to be open to hear God’s will. We also need to be careful about what we allow in our minds. If we fill our brains up with garbage, it will be hard to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit.

God wants to guide us. The question is are we willing to do is His will. Sometimes God’s will is different than our own. Are we willing to lay aside our own will and be obedient to God? If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit that sometimes we are and sometimes we are not. When we remind ourselves that God’s will is perfect, it is easy to let go and allow God in the driver's seat.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Sunday
May 17, 2020

”Count Your Blessings”

”When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings, name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.”

It is so easy to see our troubles. The devil will even remind us of those we have forgotten. Then he will make a playlist and entertain us with this playlist over and over. It is up to us to remind ourselves of our blessing.

When you woke up this morning, were you lying in a bed? Many around the world have never had a bed. Did you stumble into a bathroom with running water? There are so many in this world who do not have indoor plumbing. Did you go to the kitchen and make you some coffee? Not everybody has electric appliances.

We are indeed a blessed people. As great as these blessings are there is a blessing we have that is far greater. Our relationship with God! So many people deny God exists. Others see God as a mean tormentor. Still, others see God as a frail old man that has lost His powers. All of these are lies from the devil. One day Jesus will step on this earth, not as a Lamb but as the Lion of Judah. Judgments will flow from His mouth and all the people will call out for mercy, but the time for mercy will be long gone. Today is the day is salvation. Today is the day to get your house in order.

Joshua 24:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Betty

Representative Text
1 When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
2 Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, ev'ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by. [Refrain]
3 When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings, money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high. [Refrain]
4 So, amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end. [Refrain]
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 15, 2020
Happy Friday,

Blinded to Sin

This world has become blinded to sin. Hollywood teaches acceptance of sin and over time people have accepted sin as the new normal. The new normal holds no weight with God. What He said was sin 4,000 years ago is still sin. In the end, His opinion will be what counts.

God knew that this time would come. This is why He warns time and time again to guard our hearts. We need to guard our hearts against some television shows. So many shows have their token gay, bisexual, and transgenders as regular cast members. The more we watch these shows the more we begin to accept sin as normal behavior.

We also have to be aware of Shepards who are wolves. Teaching falsehood from the pulpit. They are responsible for leading weak sheep to hell. Just because what the Sheperd says sounds nice, does not change sin. When we say we do not want to accept what the Bible says as sin, we ourselves are committing the sin of rebellion.

Things in this world are getting worse, but let us rejoice. Soon this world and its troubles will just be a memory as we walk the streets of gold and praise our Heavenly Father face to face.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thursday, May 14, 2020

We should seek guidance from our Heavenly Father. He wants to guide us, but often we rush through the day and we forget about even praying much less seeking guidance from God. At the end of the day, we are overcome with exhaustion. Often feeling that we have been abandoned by God, but the problem is that we took no time for God.

God can become an afterthought in our rush to do everything on our list. He should the first one we think about when we wake up in the morning. For it is God’s mercy that has given us a new day. Begin the day with gratitude towards God for our many blessings. Ask Him to help us to choose the right priorities on our list. Pray for ourselves and others. Then we will feel fulfilled at the end of the day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 13, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Underappreciated

In this world we can feel undervalued and unappreciated. We can get so focused on what people think that we forget that what truly matters is what God thinks about us. We can become so set on pleasing others that we forget that what matters is pleasing God.

We must choose to please God. This is what is most important. His opinion is what counts in the end. We must make the choice to put God first.
Betty

JACK ELLIOTT & DERROLL ADAMS
"I'm Gonna Walk The Street In Glory"
Play "I'm Gonna Walk Th…"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
I'm gonna walk the Streets of Glory
I'm gonna walk the Streets of Glory some of these days hallelujah
Gonna walk the Streets of Glory some of these days

I'm gonna sit at the welcome table
I'm gonna sit at the welcome table some of these days hallelujah
I'm gonna sit at the welcome table
Gonna sit at the welcome table some of these days

I'm gonna walk and talk with Jesus
I'm gonna walk and talk with Jesus some of these days hallelujah
I'm gonna walk and talk with Jesus
Gonna walk and talk with Jesus some of these days

I'm gonna tell God how you treat me
I'm gonna tell God how you treat me some of these days hallelujah
I'm gonna tell God how you treat me
Gonna tell God how you treat me some of these days

I'm gonna walk the Streets of Glory some of these days hallelujah
Gonna walk the Streets of Glory some of these days

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 12, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Sing Praises To The Lord

Come on, everybody. Let us sing praises to God for He is worthy of all praises. Let your heart overflow with joy as you sing to God thanking Him for all the marvelous things He has done for us. There is no one anywhere that is more worthy of our heart’s praises.

We may be still stuck in our houses, wearing a mask on our face when we leave the house but my friends we are not forsaken by God. He walks with us and He will never leave. Glory to God in the Highest and may we sing praises to Him forever.

In times of great sorrow, He will sustain us and comfort us. We will grieve over a time but God will never abandon us. Even in the midst of grief He will fill our hearts with His joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 10, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

How Do I Know God Exist?

I know God is real, as the bed that I am lying on. I have know Him since I was 7 years old and I am 68. Our relationship has grown and my understanding of God has changed as I have grown, but His love for me has been steady and true. In bad times He has held me up. In my weakness He has strengthen me. In Good times, He has rejoiced with me.

When my youngest sister died, I prayed to die. Instead God walked that valley, with me, step by step. Instead of dying I grew spiritually and became a better person. This is how good God is. He takes tragedies and turns them in to triumphs. He gathers our tears and takes them to Heaven. Over time I realized my sister is happier in Heaven and one day, I will join her.

God takes the weak and makes us strong. God takes our broken pieces and puts them back together again. He replaces despair with joy. I can say God exist, because I know Him.

Today is Mother’s Day. My Mom is in Heaven. I am blessed to have two children who are Christians. I am blessed to have three grand children. Two are adults and the other one will be a year old next week. I am blessed to have one great grand child. Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms and May God give you a special blessing today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 9, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Dealing With Life’s Challenges

Confusion on my part, made me miss the live streaming of my son-in-law’s dad’s funeral yesterday. I was so sure it was today, that I marked my calendar for today and set an alarm for this morning. It is frustrating that my illness causes confusion.

We live in a world that is filled with confusion. Life’s challenges can knock us down and cause us to doubt the love of God. Yet, when we read the Bible we can see we are on the edge of the age of judgement that is coming to this world. When we realize that this is part of God’s plans, we can trust Him, knowing He has everything under control.

It is important that our faith is strong. Faith comes hearing God’s Holy Word. This is not the time to neglect prayer and Bible Study. With YTube we can listen to videos of people reading the Bible to us. There are also Bible Studies on YTUBE that we can listen to. Americans and Europeans have no excuse in not studying the Bible. We have so many resources at our fingertips.

While we are living in challenging times we are also living in marvelous times. Jesus will soon call His children home to Heaven. Joyful is the heart that is alive when the rapture takes place.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 8, 2020
Happy Friday,

Finding Peace In A Turbulent World

John 14:27 King James Version (KJV)27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

We life in a time of more questions than answers. When will I get my stimulus check? When will I get to go back to work? When will I be able to go back to Church? There are so many more questions, but few answers.
This is a stressful time for everyone. We can find peace in these trying times by going to God.

Heart attacks are up. This does not have to be so with Christians. We do not have the answers nor do we know the future, but we can rest in the arms of the One who does. God has promised to give us peace. In these trying times we do not need to worry or fret, but put our trust in our Heavenly Father.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

In times like these God will be with His children. He will give us the strength and courage to carry on in this evil world. He will uphold us and deliver us from evil. Trust in the Lord and fear not.
Betty

George Beverly Shea - In Times Like These Lyrics
Artist: George Beverly Shea
Album: In Times Like These: Songs That Lift the Heart
Heyo! SONGLYRICS just got interactive. Highlight. Review: RIFF-it.
RIFF-it good.

Play "In Times Like The…"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
In times like these you need a Savior
In times like these you need an anchor
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

This Rock is Jesus, Yes He's the One
This Rock is Jesus, the only One

In times like these you need the Bible
In times like these, O be not idle

In times like these I have a Savior
In times like these I have an anchor
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 7, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Working For God

1 Corinthians 15:58 English Standard Version (ESV)58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

If we are honest with ourselves, our work for God is often not steady. We woke awhile and then we grow tired or discouraged and we stop for awhile. Or we continue to work, but our heart is not in our work. Working for God, must be done out of our love for God.

The Bible says that Christians will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ for the motives we have for working. If we are working to impress others, our work is done in vain. If we work out of obligation and not out of our love for Christ, our work is in vain. When we work for God out of a heart of love, our work will be blessed by God. Let us work for God because He loves us so much that He gave His only Son to die for our sins.
Betty

O Land of Rest (We'll Work till Jesus Comes)

by William Miller Share
|
O land of rest, for thee I sigh!
When will the moment come
When I shall lay my armor by
And dwell in peace at home?

We�ll work till Jesus comes
And we�ll be gathered home

To Jesus Christ I fled for rest
He bade me cease to roam
And lean for comfort on His breast
Till He conduct me home

I sought at once my Savior�s side
No more my steps shall roam
With Him I�ll brave death�s chilling tide
And reach my heav�nly home

Words public domain

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6 2020
Happy Wednesday

A Heart of Forgiveness

In this life we will be hurt by others. This is a given. What is our immediate response ? If you are like me your first response is anger. This is human nature. God wants us to have a Godly response. He wants us to respond in love with a forgiven heart.

The more we love God the more we should love others. When we speak unkindly, we should feel conviction, immediately. We should lay down our pride and apologize to the person who we snapped at, in anger. Even if they started the argument, doesn’t give us a license to sin.

Right now the world is unsettled and people are filled with tension and unrest. Let us be the calm in the storm. When we are in the midst of anger, pray for the words to say. If God does not give us a word to say, then pray that God would bring peace to those around us.
Betty

The red Cardinal and his mate has been coming to the feeder more often and several squirrels. This makes me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 5, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Exhaustion

We can suffer Spiritual and physical exhaustion. Sometimes, both at the same time. Elijah suffered both at the same time. He was exhausted after a great victory. In his exhaustion he forgot the victory and succumbed unto the threat of Jezebel, who threatened his life. On the heels of a great victory instead of carrying on to the next victory, he gave in to depression. A depression so great he prayed to God to let him die.
His death was not in God’s plans. God had new victories ahead for Elijah.

It is not uncommon for us to suffer Spiritual exhaustion when we become physically exhausted. When we are so tired we do not have the strength to take care of our bodies or our Spiritual health. This is when we make ourselves rest. God took care of Elijah’s physical body first before giving him Spiritual healing. God knows our limitations better then we sometimes do. Elijah’s mistake was not focusing on the victory he had just had and reassuring himself that God would protect him from Jezebel. In his exhaustion he forgot his previous victory and gave into defeat.

Satan will always threaten us with harm. We need to reassure ourselves and strengthen ourselves in the Lord. Remember the past victories that God has brought us and trust Him to be with us in the present and the future. Learn to rest when we are tired and feed our soul with prayer and reading the Bible.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Monday
May 4, 2020

Times of Uncertainty

We are still living in uncertainty. In a few places, some things have re-opened. In most places they have not. In a few cities the restrictions have gotten tighter. No one seems to know when the United States will re-open. Most are telling us to get adjusted to the idea of a new normal, but what will a new normal be? Will there be a second strand of the disease that is worse than the first? Questions, questions, and more questions!

Of course we all feel unsettled and insecure. Yet, there is someone who knows all; God. We can securely put our trust in God. He knows the future. He sees all. Whatever the outcome, He will be with us. He will never abandoned us nor forsake us.

Things may never be the same. There will be a new normal, but God will be with us. Some have suggested this will bring on the anti-Christ. People talking about a vaccine that will have a chip that will tell the Government where we are at all times. People talking about a moneyless world. What ever happens we are getting closer and closer to the end of the Church Age. This is not the time for fear. This is the time to make sure we are right with God and pray for the lost. Do not lose hope but draw closer to God and trust in Him.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Sunday 3, 2020
Happy Sunday,

Loneliness

There are a lot of people who are alone during this pandemic. We need to pray for them. I am blessed to have my hubby and my children who keep in touch with me. Especially, my daughter-in-law, Sarah, who text me daily pictures and videos of our granddaughter.

King David suffered loneliness. We learn in the book of Psalms, how he learned to cry out to God. David was surrounded by many people and yet he was lonely. Why was he lonely? There is a part of us that longs for a relationship with God. A daily relationship with God, where we communicate with God throughout each day.

Why did God make us that way? We were created to be children of God. We created to be in communication with our creator every day. God gives us peace and joy when we spend time with Him. These days of uncertainty, we can find comfort by spending quality time with our Heavenly Father. Let us not fear but trust God to protect us and watch over us. May God bless and keep you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2020
Happy Saturday,

The 144 Thousand

Many people and several Religions have speculated about who the 144 thousand are in the book of Revelations are. There should be no confusion, because God through The Apostle John spells it out.

Revelation 7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

We read the 144 thousand will be sealed by God with a mark on their forehead.
Their task will be to preach the Gospel to those left in the world after the rapture. An angel will also be given the task of preaching the Gospel to the world.

Revelation 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

God in His love gives mankind a second chance to be saved, but it will not be for everybody. Many believe that those who knew the truth and refused it will not be among the number saved. Where do we get the idea of this?

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Those who knew the truth but rejected salvation through Jesus will receive a strong delusion from God, causing them to accept the anti-Christ and his mark. Those who do accept Jesus will most likely be martyred.

Revelation 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

These are the people who believe the 144 thousand and the angel and believed on the Lord Jesus and were saved. They were most likely beheaded for their faith. God is Love, but He is also a Righteous Judge. He will bring judgement on this earth, because the sins of this earth have become as bad as it was before the flood in the days of Noah. Now is the time of salvation
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2020
Happy Friday,

Give Me Jesus

As the song says give me Jesus. There is nothing or no one who can take the place of Jesus in my life. In times of happiness, I am grateful for His kindness. In times of sorrow, He comforts me. In times of physical pain, He sustains. In fearful times, He gives me peace.

In this time of uncertainty everyone is looking for something to reassure them that the world will be normal, again. Truth is we may have to adjust to a new normal. What ever the days ahead holds, if we put our trust in Jesus, He will not only sustain us but replace our fears with peace. While we do not know what lies ahead, Jesus does. He already knows the future. This is why we can trust Him to be with us in the future. Nothing that happens will be a shock to God.
Betty

https://youtu.be/VFJGsBApIuk

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 30, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Am I Free?

If you asked most people if they were free, they would say with certainty that of course they were free. Yet if you went deeper and asked if they were free from sin, from worry and self guilt, they would probably pause a minute. Everyone has these issues in our lives, but as a Christian we have a Savior who is more than willing to take over these things for us.

John 8:36 If the Som therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

When the devil reminds of us of our past sins we can remind him, that God has forgiven us from our sins. When we feel guilty of repented sin, we can remind ourselves that God has forgiven us and be at peace. Forgiveness is not a get out of jail card. We will have to accept the consequences of our sins, but we do not have to do it alone. God will be with us. What we not have to do is go to hell for our sins. The precious blood of Jesus redeemed us from hell and we can die in peace knowing we have the golden ticket for Heaven. So Christian remind yourself and the devil that you are free, indeed!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2020
Happy Thursday,

“I Am Giving Upon You”

Is there ever a time that God will give up on a person? I believe there is. Every time the Holy Spirit calls out to us, to come to Jesus, and we refuse, our heart becomes a little more hardened. Our hearts can become so harden that we no longer hear the Holy Spirit’s call. At this point the Holy Spirit will never call out to us. God warns us many times in His Holy Word not to hardened our hearts.

Ephesians 4:18 English Standard Version (ESV)18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

Matthew 13:14-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:
“‘“You will indeed hear but never understand,
    and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
For this people's heart has grown dull,
    and with their ears they can barely hear,
    and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
    and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
    and turn, and I would heal them.’

John 12:48 English Standard Version (ESV)48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

2 Timothy 3:1-4 English Standard Version (ESV)
Godlessness in the Last Days
3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

1 John 3:9 English Standard Version (ESV)9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's[a] seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

I must say never give up on a person. Keep praying for your lost loved ones until you die or the rapture. Only God know the extent a person’s heart is hardened. I do believe there is a time that God calls us to stop witnessing to a person. At some point their heart is so hard that the Good News makes them bitter. This is when we pray and leave them in God’s Hands.

If we are a child of God, He will never give up on us. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to open our eyes to the truth. Many a child of God has walked through the wilderness of discipline because we refuse to turn away from our disobedience. God often has to break us and humble us before we will turn back to Him and serve Him with a willing and obedient heart. We are so much better off to to always be obedient children.
Betty

Birds and squirrels are eating so much that I have to refill the medium feeder ever other day. Of course, I do not mind.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2020
Happy Monday,

Requirements for God’s Promises

Psalm 31:23-24 Modern English Version (MEV)
Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints,
    for the Lord preserves the faithful,
    but amply repays the one who acts in pride.
24 Be strong, and He will strengthen your heart,
    all you who wait for the Lord.

God’s promises often have a requirement. Be faithful and God will preserve you. Be strong and wait for God will strengthen your heart. The prideful will be punished. Disobey God and their will be consequences. Have you ever know a child who got away with bad behavior? As time went by the worse the behavior of the child grew. Discipline at the beginning would have saved the child so much misery. Lack of discipline turns out to be unkind.

Hebrews 12:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”
7 If[a] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

God loves His children very much. He chastens His children to bring them back to Himself. If the child resist God’s discipline, he will end in more and more danger. When we obey God, we will find ourselves needing less discipline.

We will have trouble. Remember the rain falls on the just and the unjust. There is a difference between the troubles of this life and the discipline of God. We are living in the end of the Church Age. The devil is fighting hard against the Church. Do not be surprised if the world leaders do not use this pandemic to take away Religious freedoms. God warn us that in the last days there would be persecution against the people of God.

We must be wearing the Armor of God so that we stand firm against the devil. When we do not take care of our spiritual health, we can find ourselves in danger. Sadly we are hearing of Pastors who have left the truth of the Gospel behind. No matter how much you love a Pastor, run from him when his preaching is contrary to the Bible. The Bible must be the final Authority.

Galatians 1:6-10

Only One Gospel
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

May God keep us strong in the faith and protect us from those who preach and teach contrary to God’s Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

I do not understand how people can live without God. I am blessed that I got saved at 7. I honestly cannot remember a time that God was not with me. His presence in my heart, a sweet reminder of His love for me.

It’s been said that only weak people need a God as a crutch to lean on. Yet, there is so much more in having a relationship, with God. He is my friend, my Savior, my comforter and so much more. In my weakness God keeps me standing. In storms of this life He holds my hand. When I fall, He picks me up.

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

God not only is with us through this life but at our death or the rapture, God will take us to live with Him throughout an eternity. I never want to live without God in my heart and life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2020
Happy Saturday,

How Much Longer, My Lord?

The last few weeks of a pregnancy the mother is often miserable. There is no comfortable place to sit or sleep. Her feet are swollen and she feels uncomfortable all over. Yet, the moment her baby is placed in her arms, all the suffering is forgotten. There is nothing but joy as she looks in the eyes of her baby.

As we went for the return of Christ, we too are suffering. We can feel that God has forgotten us. We can even become embarrassed to talk about the return of God. Fear that people will say that we have been talking so long about the return and yet it has not happen. Remember, God said there would be scoffers in the last days mocking the return of Jesus.

My friend, Jesus is coming back. He gave His Word and God keeps His promises.

2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV) 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

When we hear the trumpet blow and corruptible bodies are changed to incorruptible bodies, what a glorious day it will be! Remember the line in the song that says one look in His Dear Face, all sorrow will erase, what a glorious day it will be!

Do not give up. We are so close to exiting this world. Soon all our sorrow will disappear from our minds never to be remembered again. Our hearts will know only joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2020
Happy Friday,

Tired and Overwhelmed

We live in an certain times. It does not help that we do not know if things will get worse. We do not know when it will end and we do not know if the virus will come back. This is the right recipe for fear and anxiety. God tells us to find safety in Him.

Psalm 91:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

We find protection from God by calling out to Him in our time of need and then trusting in Him. We accomplish nothing if we pray and then walk off unconvinced of God’s powers. This is called being double minded. We either trust in God or we do not. We have to decide. Look at it like this. If you took your favorite pair of pants to be the cleaners to be altered but did not leave the pants with them, because you were afraid they would mess up your pants, then they cannot alter them. You have to let go of the pants and trust the cleaners to do their work.

If we do not leave our problems in God’s Hands, but pick them back up again, then God will not fix our problems. We have to trust Him. We cannot have a relationship with God, unless we trust Him. We build up our trust by reading God’s Holy Word and my communicating with Him through prayer.

Yes things are hard right now. This virus is a horrible thing. My son-in-law’s father is extremely ill with it. We pray for his healing but we do not know how God will answer our prayers. Will He heal him on earth or in Heaven. Of course we want God to heal Him on earth, but we must trust God to do what is best. We must realize that His best may not be what we want, but His best is what we need.

So many people are in these same circumstances. It is hard, but God will be with His children and He will sustain them. How do we become a child of God?We acknowledge that Jesus came to earth as a man and died for our sins and rose again and is now seated at the right hand of His Father. We turn from our sins and seek to live righteously with God’s help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Hopeless in this World

We are living in times, when everything is upside down. We do not know what tomorrow holds, much less, what next year holds. We do not have to be hopeless. This does not have to be this way. If we are Christians, we should not live in hopelessness. God is our hope for the future. We need not fear tomorrow or next year if we keep our trust in God. If we are afraid, go to God and seek peace.

God wants us to trust Him. In good times and in bad times our trust needs to be in God. Lay our fears at the feet of Jesus and stand firm in the peace of God. Worship God in spirit and in truth.

Proverbs 3:6 King James Version (KJV)6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Fear not the present or the future, for both are in God’s Hands. Rest In Peace for God is always with us. He will never forsake us or abandon us. Praise God I’m all things and seek His face, daily.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Jesus Weeps Over Lost Souls

Oh Jerusalem, how often I have longed to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings but you were not willing.” (Matthew 23:37-39)

Millions, possibly billions are going to hell. This does not mean that Jesus does not care. He cared so much that He died on a wooden cross for the salvation of all. Sadly, few set aside their pride, and accept the precious gift of salvation.

The fact that more people refuse the gift than accepts the gift, does not diminish the value of the gift. It just means that too many value their self pride over their own souls. Sadly, even Christians, can be guilty of feeding their egos more then they do their souls. Egos die with the body but our souls live an eternity. Yet we spend more time grooming our body and doing things to enhance our egos, then we every think about our souls.

We as Christians should pray that we have healthy growing souls. Let our time be spent growing in Jesus. This is the time to be working for Jesus. Praying for lost souls and other Christians. Praying for God’s Will in our lives and our families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

“What is Love”

In 1993 Hadaway preformed the dance hit ‘What is Love’. People have been asking what love is, since the beginning of time. God preformed the first marriage which between Adam and Eve. God also preformed the act of perfect love when He sent His Son to die for our sins on Mt. Calgary. The most unselfish act of all time.

God defined love between man and God with this verse:

John 14:15 King James Version (KJV)15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

If we truly love God, we will want to obey Him. We will want to have a daily growing relationship with God. Our hearts will cry out for more quality time with God. There is a special love relationship with God that will last through out eternity. Our love for God can grow cold. This is caused by not spending enough time in prayer and in God’s Word. God loves us before we were born. Let us in turn, love God with all our hearts.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Monday 20, 2020
Happy Monday,

Allow God to Lead us

Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."

We plan our days, but sometimes God steps in and changes our plans. We can be come frustrated or accept God’s change in our plans. Remember that God knows best. Instead of reacting in anger at God, let us accept the plans of God with trust in our hearts. When we do we will have peace and joy.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement