Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 12)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 27, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Do I Really, Know God

There are many ways of knowing people. There are people we know by name but we really do not know them. We know them in passing but we do not know very much personal about them. There are others we know a little more about them, but we do not know their heart.

God wants us to have a heart knowledge of Him. We need to know what is important to Him to walk in His knowledge. It is more than knowing about Him, but taking time to know Him in a personal way, through Scripture and prayer.

In these last days, only a heart knowledge will keep us walking in righteousness and truth. There are sadly Preachers and Teachers that are teaching a new Jesus, who is not of the Bible. Only the true Jesus can keep us from straying away from the truth of God’s Word. Only the true God of Heaven can keep us walking in truth when we are bombarded on every from by the devil in his demons.

We do not get to know the God of Heaven by accident. We must make an effort to learn who He is and apply His truths to our daily lives.
Betty

Psalms 86:11
“Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.”

3 John 1:4
“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”

John 17:17
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”

John 8:32
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Colossians 2:6
“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:”

Ephesians 5:15
“See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,”

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 26, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Afraid To Share

“Promise #299:
I watch over you and I listen for your prayers.

1 Peter 3:12 (WEB)
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and his ears open to their prayer;
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Whether you are grieving a loss of a job, your home, or a family member, there comes a time when you close up. You are sure people are sick of hearing about your circumstances so you begin to internalize all your emotions and feelings. You keep pushing down the hurt deeper and deeper into your subconscious. Sometimes you have an emotional outburst that explodes on those around you.

One thing we must not do is to shut out God. The devil is quick to use your circumstances to alienate you from your Heavenly Father. As Christians, we must make the decision to communicate with God daily. Sometimes your prayer is only: (”God, I love you but I do not understand”)
There are some things that happen to us that we will never understand this side of Heaven.

During these days of grieving try to remember everything that happens too us will hit us harder and will be more difficult to bounce back from. When we come to an understanding of this, we can call out to God freely for comfort, grace, and peace. We can fall into the arms of God, weeping with no shame.

I cannot stress enough the importance of encouraging ourselves in the Lord. We are probably at our most vulnerable in our lives. If we are not careful, the devil can lead us into despair and bitterness. There is victory ahead, let us press on toward our Heavenly home while living for God, each day to the best of our ability.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 24, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

“Resist The Devil “

James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

I have often talked about our minds being the devil’s playground. The devil loves to put all kinds of thoughts in our heads. He attacks us, often before we have had our first cup of coffee.

He slips in doubts, fears, and even depression into the minds of people. He stirs up strife in the minds of sinners and Christians, alike. He can lead Christians down the path of forsaking the truth of God’s Word and into backsliding.

He can take a sinner deeper into sin, to a place they never dreamed of entering. The deeper a person dives into sin, the more hard-headed and stubborn they become until they are completely deaf to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

How to withstand the devil’s attacks? The Bible tells us. We resist the devil. In these last days, sadly we see Christians leaving the truth of the Gospel and embracing a social Gospel.

The world thinks the important thing is for God to fix social issues. God tells us that the most important job to be done is to secure our relationship with Him and make sure we are rapture-ready.

We must choose to walk in righteousness. We will not fall into righteousness. We must choose to resist the devil and his evil ways. When we do these things we will be walking in the will of God.
Betty

Luke 21:28

“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”

https://youtu.be/SFDo7RVd-Oc

If the Rapture Was Yesterday
Writer: Joel Hemphill Publishing: Trumpet Call Music/BMI Key: D Time: 3:31
Verse 1
This house where I’m living, it’s not much to look at But I’m blessed and I call it mine
But soon I’ll be leaving to go live with Jesus
You can have it if you’re left behind
Cause I hold a clear title to a home that’s far better
That will never flood or decay
If the rapture was yesterday would you still be here today
Chorus
If the rapture was yesterday would you still be here today If the trumpet had sounded, by saints surrounded
Would you have been caught away
While there’s still time to make up your mind
Let me invite you to pray
If that rapture was yesterday would you still be here today
Verse 2
Jesus said when He comes back two will be sleeping One taken and one left behind
How people can go on who aren’t rapture ready Don’t it just stagger your mind
Standing so close on the brink of forever
One step could lead either way
If the rapture was yesterday would you still be here today
Chorus
Bridge
If the rapture was yesterday we wouldn’t be here today If the trumpet had sounded, by saints surrounded
We would have been caught away
While there’s still time for you to make up your mind Let us invite you to pray
If the rapture was yesterday we wouldn’t be here today

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 23, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Fear Not, For God Is With Us

Psalms 34:9
“O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.”

While the Bible has warned about the days we are living in, He has not told us what tomorrow holds for us personally. There is a reason for that. Foremost, is that God wants us to live in faith. Another reason is of we knew of the bad things that would happen ahead of time, we would not be living in the moment and every good moment we had, would be overshadowed by fear of what we knew.

Just as we must live in the moment, we should be living for the glory of God, now in the present. Many of us will stand in heaven with tears in our eyes, trying to explain to God that we had every intention of doing certain things for God, but just never got around to doing it.

One of the saddest things for me, when my sister died, was people telling me how they had felt led to reach out to my sister in the weeks before she died, but chose not to do so. This made me angry at the time. It did not make me feel better to knowing others had the chance to change things for my sister but refused to take the time to do so.

Fellow believers, let us pray every day that we will not allow chances to make a difference in someone’s life go by. Let us seek to live in the will of God every day.
Betty

https://youtu.be/_s-Rk0Vf3RY

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be

We read of a place that's called heaven,
It's made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God's word He has given,
How beautiful heaven must be.

How beautiful heaven must be
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,

In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God's light is forever, there shining,

The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 22,2021
Happy Friday,

Living In Stressful Times

“Promise #295:
I will give you My strength and bless you with My peace.

Psalm 29:11 (WEB)
Yahweh will give strength to his people.
Yahweh will bless his people with peace.”

The world has been living in stressful times for a long time. COVID has changed the way the whole world lives. The pandemic has created fear and brought more questions than answers.

Before COVID, we had the summer of rioting that left business burnt and areas of major cities where it was not safe to walk the streets even in the day time.

It is no wonder why people are stressed and overwhelmed. If that wasn't enough, we are facing shortages in many areas, from food to new appliances.

God is reaching out to His children, calling them to come to Him for strength and peace. God does not want His children cowering in the corner in these trying times but to stand strong in our faith in Him.

We should not be living in fear as people who have no hope. We have a Heavenly Father that wants us to reach out to Him and seek Him for strength and peace.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 4:18
Now viewing scripture range from the book of 1 Thessalonians chapter 4:13 through chapter 4:18...
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Peter 1:21

“Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.”

Romans 5:2

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

Romans 5:2

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 21, 21
Happy Thursday,

Our Prayers Are Important To God

Then another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and he was given a great quantity of incense to offer with the prayers of all God's people upon the golden altar in front of the throne. And from the angel's hand the smoke of the incense went up before God with the prayers of his people. Revelation 8:3–4, NEB

When we talk to each other, occasionally, we are all guilty of having our minds wandering off and us not hearing completely hearing what the other person is saying.

When we talk to God, not only do we have the full attention of God, but He saves our prayers. Our prayers are so special to God that He uses our prayers as a sweet smiling incense to be poured on the altar in Heaven.

Our prayers are a conversation with our Heavenly Father. Let us seek to have a healthy, daily prayer life, with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 20, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Surrounded By Angels

“Promise #293:
My angels will surround all who fear Me.

Psalm 34:7 (WEB)
The angel of Yahweh encamps around those who fear him,
and delivers them.”

If you are like me, you rarely think of angels. Yet, God has assigned angels to watch over His people. I have seen several jokes about angels. One shows a war-beaten, struggling angel and the caption read that this must be the angel that has to deal with me.

Sometimes, when we are overwhelmed by trials and tragedy we surely think the angel assigned to watch over us must have gone on vacation and left us to struggle on our own.

Just as God never abandons us neither does the angel assigned to watch over us. We need not fear abandonment for God will never forsake His children. God’s blessings over us have not gone away.

This world is growing increasingly evil. We must remember that despite the evil around us, we need not give into sin. Because of our Heavenly Father, we can live in an exceedingly evil work and yet not be stained by the evil around us.

We can rejoice that God loves so much that He has sent angels from Heaven to surround us with God’s great love for us.
Betty

It’s Just Like His Great Love
Edna R. Worrell, 1903
alt.
copyright status is Public Domain

Subjects: Love, Jesus/Savior
Scripture: 1 John 3:1
It's Just Like His Great Love [.xml]
Clarence B. Strouse, 1903
copyright status is Public Domain

Key: B♭
Meter: 13.14.14.14 R

Learn about music formats...
view sheet music [.pdf] [.sib]
play midi [.mid] 1 A friend I have called Jesus, Whose love is strong and true,
2 And never fails howe’er ’tis tried, no matter what I do;
3 I sinned against this love of His, but when I knelt to pray,
4 Confessing all my guilt to Him, the sin-clouds rolled away.
◦ Refrain:
◦ It’s just like Jesus to roll the clouds away,
◦ It’s just like Jesus to keep me day by day,
◦ It’s just like Jesus all along the way,
◦ It’s just like His great love.
5 Sometimes when clouds of trouble bedim the sky above,
6 I cannot see my Savior’s face, and doubt His wondrous love;
7 But He, from heaven’s mercy seat, beholding my despair,
8 In pity bursts the clouds between, and shows me He is there.
9 When sorrow’s clouds o’ertake me, and break upon my head,
10 When life seems worse than useless, and I were better dead;
11 I take my grief to Jesus then, nor do I go in vain,
12 For heav’nly hope He gives that cheers like sunshine after rain.
13 Oh, I could sing forever of Jesus’ love divine,
14 Of all His care and tenderness for this poor life of mine;
15 His love is in and over all, and wind and waves obey,
16 When Jesus whispers, “Peace, be still!” and rolls the clouds away.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 19, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Going Through The Fire

James 1:2 “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;”

Most of us admire a beautiful diamond, but the process of making a diamond is through fire. We as Christians want to shine for God, but none of us want to journey through the fire.

Those that are willing to go through the fire for spiritual growth, want to limit God to what we are willing to go through. “Try me and test me, God but do not touch ________”. We can fill in the blank with different things. Don't touch my job, my health, my marriage or heaven-forbid bring death into my family or my home. We want to live in God’s will up to a point.

Trust me I am in the same boat. If God had came to me and discussed His plan to take my son. I would have said no, not that God. I would have suggested many things with God and given up many things in order to save my son’s life.

Unfortunately, God does not give us a choice. This does not mean that God’s plan was not a righteous plan. We can only see part of the picture. From our side, we can only see the pain and brokenness that God has allowed to penetrate our lives and homes. God sees the whole picture, the beginning, and the end.

Many times we will only see the whole picture when we enter Heaven. Only then will we see the complete journey of our lives. Then we will see how the days in the dark valleys brought us a deeper relationship with Jesus and burned away that was a hindrance in our spiritual life.

God will be with us through every storm but we must be obedient to God and stand strong in our faith. If we only trust and love God during the good times we are like a spoilt child, being loving and faithful only when things go our way.
Betty

Philippians 3:14 Context

11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. 17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2021
Happy Monday,

God Is Good, All The Time

I am going through the dark days of grief. I often wonder if people get tired of me talking about this loss. Then I remember until we get to Heaven, this loss is permanent. It is not like I will go to bed and wake up to find my son back with us in the morning.

My dear friends, God is with us during the darkest night, God is with us and He still is a loving and Good God. Though the devil will try to deceive us into believing we are alone in our greatest time of pain, he is a liar.

We have family and friends who are standing behind us with encouragement and prayers on our behalf. Whatever struggles you are going through, we do have hope and a future in Heaven. Do not give in to fear and doubt but resist the devil and his lies. When we struggle it is okay to ask for help even if you are fiercely independent like me.

God did not make us to live on an island but to be there for fellow believers and to accept help when we need it. We must encourage ourselves in the Lord. Remember the Bible says that David encouraged himself in the Lord.
Betty

1 Samuel 30:6
King James Version
6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

Psalm 43:5
New King James Version
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The [a]help of my countenance and my God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Taste And See, If The Lord Is Good

Psalm 34:8
8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

I love ripe sweet watermelon. Even though I practice all the methods for picking one, I do not always get a sweet one. It is only when we cut the melon and taste it for ourselves do we know if it is sweet enough.

It is like God. People can tell us about God but must to get to know God ourselves before we can truly know God. Knowing about God and walking with God are two different things.

After midnight last night, I was drawn into a deep depression. I could not sleep. My mind just kept trying to rationalize and reason why God allowed my son to die. Many tears and many questions were running through my mind. Then my son’s wife reached out to me at three a.m. through Facebook and text with reassurance and Scripture to build up my faith.

I woke up this morning knowing that is through these dark nights of despair that all of us go through at one time of our lives when we really see God and His great love for us.

We cannot have a Sunday only relationship with God and actually know Him. We have to walk with Him daily and communicate with Him daily.
Sadly, there will be many many people who know God and many who sit in Church every Sunday who will be in hell.

When hubby and I lived in Washington with Jeff. We watched on the History channel a series on the Bible. One of the contributors was a lady who spent 25 years studying the Bible. She said she loved studying the Bible, but she did not believe the Bible was the inspired Word of God.
She has a head knowledge of God, but not a heart Knowledge.
How said to go to hell after studying the Book that lays out the plan of salvation for so many years, but yet choosing to reject the gift of salvation.
Betty

Deuteronomy 4:35
New King James Version
35 To you it was shown, that you might know that the Lord Himself is God; there is none other besides Him.

Deuteronomy 7:9
New King James Version
9 “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

Psalm 100:3
New King James Version
3 Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and [a]not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Philippians 4:6
New King James Version
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

1 John 2:5
New King James Version
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Living, Life Well

As Christians, we want to live so that when we see Jesus face to face we hear: “Well done, my faithful servant”. What the world sees as success and what God sees as success is far different.

Some of the signs of success in the world are power and wealth and the accumulation of worldly goods. Sadly, many acquire success by stepping on anyone who gets in their way on their road to success. Often people make many moral compromises to achieve success.

God does not judge success like the world. God sees the heart and knows the motives of the heart. A person with little material goods can be spiritually successful. A person who puts the needs of others over requiring great wealth is successful in the eyes of God.

When we leave this world, we will take none of our worldly possessions, and the worldly power we have, will not go with us well. Only the things done for Christ will matter in the afterlife.

Philippians 1:21 “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”

Romans 14:8 “For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.”

Colossians 3:1 “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.”

Pray that God will help us live in a way that is pleasing to Him and that we desire to please Him above all.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2021
Happy Friday,

Am I Just Existing?

Am I just existing? There are periods of our lives that just surviving day-to-day is a struggle. We are so overwhelmed that we can barely keep our heads above water. We do not see any progress in our lives and we fear that we are failing God and ourselves.

Every time we feel we have made some progress, we are overcome by a new wave of despair. We can begin to wonder if we will ever make any progress.

Psalms 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

There are seasons in our lives that we need to just stand and worship God. While we may not see any progress, just not allowing ourselves to drown in a sea of doubts is progress.

We are not wasting time, we are allowing ourselves to slowly heal. It is important during these times to build our faith in God by reading His Holy Words and worshipping Him amid our time of pain and grief.

God is not blind to our circumstances and we can find peace in God even in those dark days. Sometimes it is not how fast we are going but how close we stay to God, during our time in the fire. Just because we are suffering, doesn't mean we have to give in defeat.

Standing strong in our faith in God amid our circumstances is living in victory. Living victoriously in Christ does not mean we must be on the mountaintop. We can serve God in the dark valley when we keep our eyes on Jesus.
Betty

Philippians 3:14 “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Praising God Using Scripture

We can offer up praise to God using Scripture. Psalms 100 is a good one to use. We can read the Scriptures as a prayer to God.

Psalm 100
New King James Version
A Song of Praise for the Lord’s Faithfulness to His People
A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, [a]all you lands!

Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.

Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and [b]not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

When we are grieving or depressed, we can remind ourselves of the joy of the Lord.

“The joy of the Lord is my strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).

Psalm 89:15 New King James Version
15 Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound!
They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.

God’s Holy Word is a love letter to mankind, taking us from the first sin. to the plan of redemption, and to our eternal reward in Heaven. We have no excuse if we reject God’s gift of salvation. The Holy Bible is not a storybook but it is alive and is a roadmap to the gates of Heaven.

Romans 10:8-11
New King James Version
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

As believers, we need not fear these days for we have the promise of the rapture.

I Thessalonians 4:
The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [b]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [c]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1Timothy 1:
Not Ashamed of the Gospel
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher [c]of the Gentiles. 12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

1 Thessalonians 1:10
New King James Version
10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

Fellow believers, do not lose hope, Jesus will come and get us before the tribulation. We do not know the day or the hour, but Jesus is coming soon.

Matthew 24:44
“Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”

Revelation 22:20
New King James Version
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Distractions

Distractions are a tool of the devil. If he can get our focus on something other then our spiritual health, we can lose focus on what is important. Sometimes he uses anger. We can become so angry at what we see as sin in someone else’s life, we do not see the sin in our life.

Matthew 7:3-5
New King James Version
3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

People in government often use the same tactic. They get the public focused on one thing while they are conspiring again the people behind the scenes. We need not worry about what is happening, because God sees all.

* “Everything that is hidden will be brought into the light. Everything that is a secret will be made known. For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light. For there is nothing so hid that it will not be revealed, nor so secret but that it may become clear.”
www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Mark 4:22
Mark 4:22 - Bible Gateway

Let us pray that God will help us keep our focus on Him . May He help us to seek to please Him above all others.
Betty

John 3:31
New King James Version
31 He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

Ephesians 6:

The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [b]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [c]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Working For God

Sometimes I stare at this blank page and wonder just what I am supposed to write. I want to be a blessing to others and work for God. Yet there are days I just don't what to say.

Then I am reminded of God’s great love for me. When I first started my blog, I did not use paragraphs, my son with a laugh asked me if I remembered paragraphs. So I actually begin to use them. Sometimes I use too many now.

What is important in our work for God, is that the work comes out of love for God and people. Apostle Paul said works without love is useless. It's easy to see all the evil in the world and forget that these people who commit evil are influenced the devil and his demons.

We are to hate sin and evil but have compassion on sinners caught up in the snares of sin. Some evil things not only break our hearts but can fill us with anger at the evildoer. I do not think it is wrong to pray for God to bring justice to the victim, let us be careful not to become bitter against sinners.

May God give us a prayerful heart and compassion for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2021
Happy Monday,

Giving Out Of Our Emptiness

There are times that just getting out of bed is an effort. There are times when we wonder how we can give of ourselves to others when we are running out of gas ourselves.

Yet when we make the effort, God overflows us with His love. He takes what little we have and He adds to it and makes it enough for others and even enough to fill our hearts with His love.

It is important that we do not allow our circumstances to lead to bitterness. Anger does not heal. Loving God and others through difficulties will lead to healing. While it would be wonderful if God healed us completely in a moment, He usually doesn't work that way. Grief never completely heals but each day we walk in faith is a step forward into victory.

The Bible says that in the last day's things will happen that will cause many people’s hearts to fear. We need not fear, we may grow concerned, but keep our hearts strong in our faith in God. Trust Him. Remind ourselves that it won't be long until we see Jesus face to face.
Betty

1 Peter 1:

A Heavenly Inheritance
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been [c]grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not [d]seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to [e]us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Living Before God Our Father
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [f]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [g]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was [h]manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Woke up from another nightmare, where I am searching my son and cannot find him. I then started crying. I have to remind myself that I know where Jeff is and he is in Heaven.

Grief is cruel and seems unending, but that is a lie from satan. Jesus won the victory over death. One day our sorrows will turn to joy when we are reunited with our loved ones in Heaven.

Fellow Christians, we must encourage ourselves in the Lord. So much is happening in these days that would cause our hearts to fear if we did not have the Word of God to sustain us.

God has not abandoned us. In these rough times, it may seem so, but we must keep our trust in God and His Holy Word. We do not know what tomorrow will bring, but we know that soon, we will be in the presence of God and He will wash away our tears. Do not lose hope but trust in your Heavenly Father.
Betty

https://youtu.be/NuSYYTxlq8o

Representative Text
1 I am weak but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
2 Thro' this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. [Refrain]
3 When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. [Refrain]
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 8, 2021
Happy Friday,

A Pure Heart

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.”
Matthew 5:8

Like pure gold a pure heart for God is genuine and completely into God. You cannot have a pure heart and be partly into God. You cannot be a Christian if you are mixing your faith with other religions. Some people think they can combine the best of all religions and still go to Heaven.

You will not have a relationship with Christ by combining other religions with Christianity. True Christianity is a relationship with Christ. The Bible says no one can serve two Masters. Either Jesus is your Master or He is not.
Jesus must be first in our lives.

Above all else, our desire should be to please God. This desire should be about pleasing God and not about rewards in this life and in Heaven. While our reward is an eternity in Heaven, our goal in this life is to walk in a way to please our Heavenly Father. May God give us a pure heart and a mindset to serve our God out of love and not obligation.
Betty

Mark 12:30
New King James Version
30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ [a]This is the first commandment.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Walking By Faith

Hebrews 12
The Race of Faith
1Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We can not please God without walking in faith in Him. Whatever circumstances we are in, we are to trust God. The devil will whisper doubt into our ears, but we are to walk in faith.

Luke 4:8
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, [a]“Get behind Me, Satan! [b]For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

We turn away from sin to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. We seek to walk in righteousness. When we do sin we ask God for forgiveness and turn away from our sin.

God must be first in our lives. We should seek to do His will and honor Him with our lives. We remind ourselves this life is temporary and will soon pass, but Heaven is eternal.

There are times that we are overwhelmed. Times that are too hard to bear, this is when we reach out to fellow believer and ask for support and comfort. Admitting we are weak and need help is not wrong. We build up our faith by receiving help and encouragement from others. Then we reach out to encourage others in the Lord.

Psalm 113:2
2 Blessed be the name of the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore!

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 5, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Created For Works

“Promise #278:
You are My workmanship, created in Christ to do My good works.

Ephesians 2:10 (WEB)
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared before that we would walk in them.”

While we are not saved by works, we were created by God to work for His Kingdom. We were made to fulfill our purpose for God.

Most of us have different spiritual jobs, based on our situations in life. A mother and dad of a young one are to teach their children about God. To teach them to love God. Mothers of little ones, God has placed a treasure in your life in your children. What you teach them now will stay with them for the rest of their lives. As we get older, our work for Christ changes but no matter our situation God can use us for His glory.

Proverbs 22:6
6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
[a]And when he is old he will not depart from it.

We should work for God not out of obligation, but out of our love for Him. We want to please Him because He sacrificed His life for our salvation. Let us offer up praises to God, no matter what season of life we are in or our situation is.

Even the season of grief we can over up praise to our God and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2021
Happy Monday,

The Last Days

God did not leave His disciples or us clueless about the last days. He told them about what was coming and to Daniel and the Apostle John God gave a revelation to both about the tribulation.

God told us what the last days would be like so we would not be ignorant of the season we are living in. The unsaved see life going on and the world improving. Even those who see the evil around them too often do not see the signs that the world is soon coming under judgment. Sadly too many Christians have allowed their eyes to be blinded by the desires of this world to keep them from seeing the season we are living in.

Matthew 24:12. New King James Version
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Brothers and Sisters, we are not looking for the antichrist we are looking for the rapture to happen. We want to be living in righteousness so that day will not fill our hearts with shame. Getting to Heaven by the skin of our teeth should not be our goal. Our goal is to walk so closely with God so that our hearts will overflow with joy when we hear the trumpet of the Lord.

God has prepared us for these days. Let us pray that God will help us to live in righteousness and to walk in His Will. Comfort yourselves in the knowledge that soon we will be going Home!
Betty

Philippians 4:4 New King James Version
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Rejoice, the Lord is King!

Rejoice, the Lord is King: Your Lord and King adore
Author: Charles Wesley (1744)
Published in 697 hymnals

Representative Text
1 Rejoice, the Lord is King:
Your Lord and King adore!
Rejoice, give thanks and sing,
And triumph evermore.
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!

2 Jesus, the Savior, reigns,
The God of truth and love;
When He has purged our stains,
He took his seat above;
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!

3 His kingdom cannot fail,
He rules o'er earth and heav'n;
The keys of death and hell
Are to our Jesus giv'n:
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!

4 Rejoice in glorious hope!
Our Lord and judge shall come
And take His servants up
To their eternal home:
Lift up your heart,
Lift up your voice!

Luke 21:28 New King James Version
28 “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 3, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

God Does Provide Comfort

Matthew 5:4 New King James Version
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.

Grief is not something you go through for a few days and then it moves on. Grief becomes a part of you and lives with you for a long long time. Yet, God promises to comfort us through our grief. He does not take the grief away but He comforts us.

God wraps His arms around us and He comforts us with His great love for us. He sustains us through the dark times when we want to give up. He gives us hope to face another day.

Death is not the only thing we grieve. Today we can see our freedoms disappearing one by one. We see our Country that was once strong and respected growing weaker and no longer respected by other Countries. We grieve over our Country.

As Americans March the streets demanding the right to kill babies in the womb, our hearts grieve over the great sin of abortion. Only the devil could have convinced mankind that it is acceptable to kill babies on the day they were meant to be born.

It is heartbreaking to see men and women who claim to be people of faith, not only stand for abortion but pray for God to bless planned parenthood but bless the abortion movement.

Christians, judgment is beginning and will come on America for the stink of her sins have reached the nostrils of God. His anger is building up against those who stand proud in their sins and invite others to partake in the pleasures of sin.

Now is the time to get our house in order and realize that Jesus is coming soon. Do not be surprised when we are hated for our beliefs. Jesus warned us that these days were coming. Whatever the coming days bring we can stand firm, knowing God is with us and He will never leave us.

While we may grieve over America, lets us remember that America is only our temporary home. Heaven is our eternal home. Stay strong in your faith in God and the truth of God’s Word. Looking forward with great anticipation for the soon coming rapture.
Betty

People Get Ready Jesus is Coming Lyrics
Lord I'm ready now
I'm waiting for Your triumphant return
You're coming so soon
This world has nothing for me
I find my peace and joy solely in You
Only in You
I want the world to see that
You're alive and living well in me
Let me be a part of the harvest
For the days are few
Hes coming soon
People get ready Jesus is coming
Soon well be going home
To take from the world His own
There will be a day
When we will be divided right and left
For those who know Him
And those who do not know
Those who know Him well
Will meet Him in the air
Hallelujah
God is with us
Those who do not know
They will hear "Depart, I knew you not"
For my friends you see
There will be a day when well be counted
So know Him well, know Him well
Soon well be going home
Soon well be going home

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 1, 2021
Happy Friday,

A True Friend Is With You Through Good And Bad

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. “Romans 12:12,15, NIV

As Christians we should be willing to be there for each other, even through the rough times. We are to mourn with one another as well as rejoice with one another.

Being faithful to our Brothers and Sisters in Christ is also being faithful to God. Being there for those in their time of need is a Ministry. When something great happens to a fellow believer, rejoice with them.

Always pray for those who are suffering. When we pray for others we are helping those we are praying for but we are also building up our own faith. Prayer is a Ministry.

Let us not grow weary in these last days but hold onto the hope we have in Jesus. Encourage ourselves in the Lord. Then when we are encouraged, encourage our brethren in Christ. Be willing vessels for the Lord to use as He sees fit.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 30, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Stages Of Grief

One month ago, God chose to heal our son in Heaven instead of on earth. I was sure God would heal on earth until the moment he passed away.

I had been in the shock stage, but starting yesterday I have entered the anger stage. I am not angry at God but at the lab that created this monster and Dr. Faucci for helping them.

Every day we read of people dying from this monster disease, even those that were supposedly protected. First, it makes me sad and then angry that this was released on the world.

Whatever you are going through right now, you can find comfort in God. Even when we are going through the anger stage we must keep open communication with God. Like the old song says: “Where could I go but to the Lord?”

Some days we may cry out to God many many times and that is okay. We have unlimited minutes with God. He never grows tired of our pleas. God will give us comfort and peace. He loved us so much. His will is sometimes different than our desires, but this does not mean that His love for us has diminished.

Do not allow the devil to weaken your faith, whatever stage of life you are going through. Pray that God will strengthen our faith and forgive us in our times of doubt. Pray for the rapture will be soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 29, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Limited Trust

If we are asked, if we trust God, would say yes. The truth is we often have limited trust in God. We trust God as long as we do not lose our job, our marriage stays strong, or as long as death stays away from our family.

Let one of those things happen and our trust in God weakens and sometimes even fails us. We wonder where was God when my life fell apart. The more we question God, the more open we become to the lies of the devil.

His big lie is that God allowed calamity to enter our lives because we sinned. So we spend hours trying to figure out what hidden sin is in our lives. When we can't find one the devil offers up a new lie. God is mad at us. Then we spend hours trying to find out why God is mad at us.

What we need to do is put our complete trust in God. In times of suffering it is hard. This is when we pray for grace and for God to strengthen our faith.
There will be bad days. I had one yesterday. The grief was unbearable. This is when we pray throughout the day talking to God about our feelings. When we do this, little by little we will begin to feel the peace of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 28, 2021
Happy Tuesday.

The Last Night On The Titanic

The last night on the Titanic people were drinking, eating, and dancing.
There was no alarm or fear until it was too late. Today this world is headed toward judgment and so many are blind to the times just as they were in the days that Jesus walked the earth.

“When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times” (Matthew 16:2-3).

The Bible said there would be scoffers in the last days.

2 Peter 3
New King James Version

God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [b]perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Christians hold on to the promise of Jesus returning to take His children to Heaven. Our hope is not in this world not the leaders of this world. Do not allow the devil to discourage you for God’s Word is true.

Let us pray that God will help us walk in His righteousness, so on that day we can hear:”Well done, my good and faithful, servant”.
Betty

"People Get Ready... Jesus Is Comin'"

Lord I'm ready now.
I'm waiting for your triumphant return. (You're coming so soon).
This world has nothing for me,
I find my peace and joy solely in You. (Only in You).
I want the world to see,
You're alive and living well in me.
Let me be a part,
of the harvest for the days are few. (You're coming soon).

[Chorus:]
So People get ready,
Jesus is coming soon
we'll be going home.
People get ready, Jesus is coming
to take from the world his own.
People get ready, Jesus is coming.
Soon we'll be going home.
People get ready, Jesus is coming
soon we'll be going home. (We'll be going home).

There's a day that comes
when we will be divided right and left.
(For those who know Him and those that do not know).
And those who know Him well, will meet Him in the air.
Hallelujah! (God is within us).
And those that do not know, they will hear 'Depart I knew you not.'
For my friends you see,
there will be a day when we'll be counted.
So know Him well, know Him well.

[Chorus]

(To take His own, to take His own...).
(We'll be going home, we'll be going home...).

For my friends you see,
there will be a day when we'll be counted.
So know him well, know him well.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 27, 2021
Happy Monday,

Devil’s Playground

2 Corinthians 4:8
New King James Version
8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

The mind is a playground for the devil and his demons. He attacks people from the morning until the person falls asleep. Christians are his favorite targets. He will put thoughts to make you feel despair and depression. We need not give into his attack. No matter the circumstances, we can rise above them, in the Name of Jesus.

We can find courage in trusting in God. When the devil attacks us begin to praise God. The devil and demons will flee because they do not want to be a participant or an observer to us praising God.

We press onward to our prize of Heaven. No matter the circumstances they will last only a time. Heaven is eternal. Our hope lies not in this world or world leaders but in the God who spoke this earth into existence. Lay your fears and troubles at the feet of Jesus and walk away praising His Holy Name.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 25, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Promise #268:
I will always be close when you need My comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (WEB)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”

Whatever we are going through, we can be assured that God is with us. We need not be fearful and anxious when we understand that God surrounds us with His love.

We can wake up each morning and begin the day knowing we are not alone. We do not know what each day will bring but, we serve a God that does. Walking in faith will help us live in peace.

As we see things getting bad in America and in the world. Let us pray for Jesus to come and get His children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 24, 2021
Happy Friday,

God Loves Broken People

“Promise #267:
I will not reject the sacrifice of a broken spirit and a contrite heart.

Psalm 51:17 (WEB)
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit.
A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.”

There are many things that break people. Death of a family member, divorce, loss of a job among many. Broken people can become ashamed of their brokenness and seek to hide their pain. People who are prone to independence force themself to stay strong until sometimes they break in half.

God calls broken people to come to Him. We need not hide our pain and pretend it does not exist. He calls us to come to come to Him and He will comfort us and heal our brokenness. Healing may happen over time but the more time we spend with God the more we will begin to heal.

We live in a broken world. Every day we see the signs of the coming judgment of God. The media covers up the sins of those they admire and ignores the victims that their heroes create. It may seem there is no justice for the innocent, but God knows and one day all the hidden evil will be revealed and God will revenge the victims.

Do not despair. God is soon going to take His children home. Hang on to your faith in God and trust Him. These are uncertain times, but our future Home in Heaven is a promise from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 23, 2021
Happy Thursday,

From My Heart

We spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday at the VA. Yesterday, they amputated two toes from his left foot. Lying in bed to do my blog, still exhausted. Thankful to God, hubby made it through surgery.

Hubby cannot put any weight on foot and he cannot use crutches so it’s going to hard couple of weeks on both of us.

I dreamed of Jeff last night. I kept calling him and could not understand why he did not come. I guess it is because a part of me can not comprehend that he is no longer here.

I know it was God’s will, but I spend so many days asking God way. I know we are suppose to live by faith but I wish God would tell me why and then I remind myself, who am I to question God. So many of us are in this same boat.

I pray that God will comfort all of us and give us peace. May God bless each of you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 20, 2021
Happy Monday,

A Cry For Help

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. 
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. 
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. 
You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.... 
Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies - make straight your way before me. 
Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit. 
Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you. 
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them that those who love your name may rejoice in you. 
For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. 
(Psalm 5:1-4, 8-12)

Whatever reason for crying out to the Lord, He hears the cry of His children. Our needs are important to us and to our Heavenly Father. There are often times we feel that our prayers are not heard. This is a lie from the devil. He always hears our prayers.

Although evil is abounding, there is coming a day of reckoning. Those who do evil will face judgment from God. The day of justice is coming.

In these days of lawlessness, we can find refuge in our Heavenly Father. In times of trouble, we can find peace. We can seek protection from our God.

Those of us in the valley of tears, we must remind ourselves that God is with us. Even through tears, we can rejoice that God will be with us and never abandon us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 19, 2021
Happy Sunday,

Forward and Backwards

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. (Psalm 126:5)

The recovery from the death of a loved one is forward and backward steps. I believe this is normal. The secret is pressing onward and not giving in to bitterness. The grieving period is not a race.

We grieve many things in this life. One is the changes in this world. We grieve the loss of patriotism. We grieve the growing of lawlessness and sin in this world.

This world is not going back to the days where love and pride in our Country were celebrated and we must accept this. Christians this world is being prepared for the antichrist and we are being prepared to let go of this world.

So many suffering from the loss of loved ones. Pray for one another. Pray for lost souls. Pray for the rapture to be soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 17, 2021
Happy Friday,

There Are Many

“I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. “ Revelation 7:9

With evil and lawlessness growing at warp speed, we may think we are the only ones who believe the truth of God’s Word. Revelation 7:9 makes it clear that many from all over the world have accepted Jesus as their Savior and Lord.

What a wondrous time we will have in Heaven meeting so many different people from so many different cultures, who love God! For now, we can pray for those whose faith in Christ, puts them in grave danger in their Countries.
Praying for others is not only our duty, but it is a gift to be able to pray for strangers that we will meet face to face in Heaven.

My friends in the valley, we will not heal from the hurt of death overnight. Healing takes time. Keep taking steps forward, trusting in God for the victory. Jesus won the victory over death at the cross, so even in our sorrow, we know our loved ones who were saved through the precious blood of Jesus are already rejoicing in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2021
Happy Thursday,

The Cares of This World

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

We do not have to become overcome by the cares of this world. We have a Heavenly Father, who encourages us to bring our cares, worries, and applications to Him.

God wants to give us peace, but too often we take pride in being self-sufficient. There is no crown in Heaven for being self-sufficient. We grow spiritually by drawing close to God and seeking His guidance for our lives. Trying to do everything on our own leads to pride and pride leads to a fall.

Fellow travelers in the valley, during these days we need extra help. Seek the help of God and fellow Christians. There will be times we need a shoulder to cry on. There is no shame in that. Pray that God will use these dark days to strengthen our faith and to use our experiences for the glory of God.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
September 15, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

We Need Guidance and Counsel

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  (Psalm 73:23-24)

So many things are happening around us and we have so many questions. We need guidance and counsel. God is our best source in these matters. Unlike earthly experts, God knows the future.

When we see the evil that is growing in this world, there is no question that we are living in the last days. We need to remind ourselves that God is with us and holding our hand.

The devil will seek to cloud your eyes and get your eyes off God and when this happens, we become fearful. Do not allow the devil to keep you in a state of fear, but run to Jesus.

Fellow travelers in the valley, there is a Facebook page for grieving parents. This is a good place to share your experiences. It is also a good way to pray for individuals who are in the same situation as us, by name.
Remember we are blessed and comforted when we pray for others.

We are seeing things around us that are showing us that not only are living in the last day, but Jesus is coming soon. Comfort yourself in this knowledge.
Betty

NEED YOUR HELP>

URGENT~

Fervent Prayer Request

My beloved son, Daniel Bay, has suffered irreparable nerve damage in his right foot. He cannot walk nor can he bear the incredibly intense daily pain. We have gone to the doctors and the specialists and the experts -- in other words, we have exhausted the ability of human experts.

Their conclusion: Danny must undergo amputation, quite possibly above the knee. Imagine a 25-year-old young man, fresh off his 11-month training to be a welder, now losing his leg.

"When human science is finished, God steps in"!

Please hold Danny up to God in prayer, even prayer supported by fasting.

God has promised: "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13, KJV)

We thank you for your love.

David Bay, Director

Cutting Edge Ministries

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 15, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

We Need Guidance and Counsel

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  (Psalm 73:23-24)

So many things are happening around us and we have so many questions. We need guidance and counsel. God is our best source in these matters. Unlike earthly experts, God knows the future.

When we see the evil that is growing in this world, there is no question that we are living in the last days. We need to remind ourselves that God is with us and holding our hand.

The devil will seek to cloud your eyes and get your eyes off God and when this happens, we become fearful. Do not allow the devil to keep you in a state of fear, but run to Jesus.

Fellow travelers in the valley, there is a Facebook page for grieving parents. This is a good place to share your experiences. It is also a good way to pray for individuals who are in the same situation as us, by name.
Remember we are blessed and comforted when we pray for others.

We are seeing things around us that are showing us that not only are living in the last day, but Jesus is coming soon. Comfort yourself in this knowledge.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 14, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

We Are In A Battle

“Promise #257:
I will train you for battle with My shield of salvation.

Psalm 18:34-35 (WEB)
34 He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have also given me the shield of your salvation.
Your right hand sustains me. Your gentleness has made me great.”

Do not be decieved, we are in a battle. The devil knows that his time is short before the Church is gone. People are turning against Christians, because of our Biblical beliefs.

Jesus warned us that we would be hated, just as He was hated. Jesus was not persecuted and killed because He gave sugar-coated Sermons. He spoke the truth of God’s Holy Word. People did not want to hear the truth of the Gospel, just like in Jesus' day.

The battle we face is a spiritual battle. This is why we need to put on spiritual armor. We put on our armor by reading God’s Holy Word. There must be a spiritual change in us, just as true salvation changes us. Do not fear those who hate us but put complete trust in God and His promises

My fellow travelers, we have made another day. Try not to look at each day as another day without our loved ones, but see each day as an opportunity to serve our Heavenly Father. Live in righteousness, looking towards the prize of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 13, 2021
Happy Monday,

A New Day, To Serve God

I just realized I put the wrong date on my blog, yesterday. My fellow travelers, there will be days, that we are not completely aware. That is okay. Today, my brain feels like it is in a fog. Remember our path is still new to us. Our brain is reacting to our grief and finding ways to help us cope.

Just as you would be to other sufferers, be patient with yourself. Draw close to God and seek His guidance and comfort. God is aware of our pain, and He desires to walk closely with us. Share your heart with God and seek His comfort.

Though we may seek to crawl into a cocoon and hide from the world, the world is still moving on and upsetting things are happening. When we become aware of bad things happening, talk to God about it. Pray for God’s will in our lives and in the world.

While we are suffering, take the time to pray for others who are suffering. Pray for the salvation of lost souls. Even in our grief, let us seek to be compassionate, gentle, and kind to others. Amid this time of walking through the valley of death, we can still rejoice in Jesus’ victory over death. With his own death, Jesus took the keys of death from satan and won the victory over death.

Keep our eyes on Jesus and set our course towards the finish line. One day we will walk the streets of gold with our saved love ones in Heaven.
Betty

Assurance of the Resurrection
5 For we know that if our earthly [a]house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Fellow Travelers

Those of us that are walking the valley of tears, dealt yesterday, with a memory of another tragedy. When we think back at how we as Americans came together to mourn together and to the reality of today, the difference is heartbreaking.

We went from a Nation coming together as one. The American flag celebrated as we came together to show the enemy that we were still standing. We stood proud as the National Anthem was played, proving the terrorist did not win.

Today, fellow Americans are offended by the American flag and the National Anthem. Some are offended by us that still want to wave Old Glory and sing the National Anthem with pride. We look around and we wonder what happened.

We can find the answer in the Bible. The Bible tells us that during the tribulation, a One World Government and Religion will form. Our Nation, just like the world is being prepared for the appearance of the antichrist. While it grieves us to see our Nation becoming weak, it is part of the process for the New One World Government.

Just as we grieve the death of our loved ones, we grieve the things that are happening in our Country. My friends, as Christians, we are not walking this road alone. God is with us. In the early grieving process of a loved one, it is not bad and good days, it is bad and good moments in a day. We can go from tears to anger on a dime.

Press on my friend. Jesus is coming soon. The race is almost over. Do not give up so close to the finish line.

May the God of Heaven, wrap His arms around us that are grieving the loss of a loved one. May He speak peace into our hearts, and keep bitterness from growing instead. My God sustain us keep us walking on the path of righteousness.
Betty

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
English Standard Version
God of All Comfort
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Matthew 11:28-30
English Standard Version
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Psalm 119:76
English Standard Version
76 Let your steadfast love comfort me
    according to your promise to your servant.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Day of Remembrance

“Promise #254:
Reach out and you will touch Me for I am not far from you.

Acts 17:27 (WEB)
that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for him 
and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.”

Today, in America we remember the worse attack on America. Families will have to face again the day that a family member was stolen from them by people who hate America.

This is not a day to react in hate but to celebrate the lives of those who lost their lives because of hatred. To honor them and to pray for their loved ones.

On a personal note, we celebrated my son’s life at his Church, yesterday morning. It was not an easy time, but we were able to share with others the many things our son accomplished for God, during his lifetime.

Whatever your struggle is today, God is calling for you to reach out to Him for comfort and encouragement. Do not suffer alone, but share your pain with your Heavenly Father. Seek His face and praise His Name.

We took hubby to the ER. The infection in his toes has not reached the bone. We praise God for that.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 8, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Reminding Ourselves

Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion? Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand. I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds." Psalm 77:9–12, NIV

As we travel this valley of tears. The devil will whisper in our ears that God has forgotten us. This is when we need to do like King David and remind ourselves of all the mercies and great deeds God has done for us in the past. We need to take time to encourage ourselves in the Lord.

God has not abandoned us. He is with us in this valley. Every day when we wake up talk to God. Share our feelings with Him. Ask Him to cover us today with compassion and mercy. Ask Him to help us to keep walking through the valley and to strengthen our faith in Him.

This Valley can accomplish something. We may feel like this valley is a desert, but we can pray that God will help us grow spiritually in this valley.
We can seek to be stronger Christians and stronger people of faith. We cannot rush this journey but we can choose to take one day at a time, trusting in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 7, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Stay Focused On God

Each day is a struggle to get out of bed. There is a strong desire to just sleep the rest of your life away. The devil would like us to hide from God and life. God is not asking us at this time to start some grand, new project.

We can be a living testimony of God’s grace, by keep going in Jesus’ Name. Though it is hard and painful we can still take baby steps as we walk in faith in God. Even in the dark valley, we can be a shining light for God.

We are not walking this valley alone. Many many others are walking this same path. Many are dying from COVID. Their loved ones are walking through the valley of tears, also. When we allow God’s love to shine through us, we give hope to others. We keep walking, even if it is baby steps so that others can that see that God has not abandoned us.

We can pray that we are beacons of hope to others. That even during the worst times of our lives, other people can see that it is possible to walk in faith in our Heavenly Father, even in the valley of death.

We are not without hope. On the day of the rapture, our dead loved ones will rise up with brand new bodies, and we will lay aside our corruptible bodies and put on glorified bodies.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4
The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [b]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [c]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 6, 2021
Happy Labor Day,

“God Will Carry Us”

“Promise #249:
I will carry you in My arms just like a father carries his child.

Deuteronomy 1:31 (WEB)
and in the wilderness, where you have seen how that Yahweh your God bore you, 
as a man does bear his son, in all the way that you went, until you came to this place.”

Exhaustion is a part of the grieving process. To cope, our minds seem to shut down unnecessary parts of our minds. We need to take time to rest our bodies and our minds. We find mental rest in talking to God about our feelings. We need to also rest our bodies. We need not take on extra physical work at this time. Just do what we have to do and leave the rest for later.

Do not be ashamed of crying. We will find ourselves crying at different times of the day. That is okay. No one expects you to explain your tears.
Cry when you need to and talk to God and then force yourself to move around a bit. Even if it is just walking to the mailbox or around the yard.

Be grateful to those who reach out to you at this time. Ask God to bless those who took the time to reach out to you. Thank God for sending people to encourage you.

This journey we are on is very hard. Do not try to deny your pain. Talk to others about your pain and talk to God. The devil will attempt to make you bitter. We do not have to allow this. It is okay to be angry. Talk to God about your anger. It is even okay to tell God that you are not happy with Him, if we are respectful to God. He knows our hearts.

Remember that God is walking with us through this time. We are not alone. There will be times we feel alone but cry out to God for reassurance. It is normal not to be okay but keep trusting in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 5, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

???Why???

There are so many, many, many people who are on this journey through the valley of death, that I have decided to share my experience with others. My prayer is God can use my pain to encourage and inspire others that are living through what my family is living through.

The first couple of days I was in shock. Now I have moved to the question stage. So many questions. Did God take my son to punish me? The devil supplies so many mistakes that I have made for me to sort through, but I have come to understand that my son’s death is not a punishment for any of us. Did God not understand how much we need Jeff? Of course, He understands.

It is not for us to understand the reasoning of God, at least at this time. This is the time for us to put our complete trust in God’s Will. To trust God even when our hearts burn with pain. We will have moments of doubt and the devil will supply more questions, but we must keep our eyes on Jesus and trust in Him every day.
Betty
Proverbs 3:5-6
New King James Version
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall [a]direct your paths.

P.S. Our Preachers wife, Terri brought lunch, goodies, snacks and flowers, and a card. We appreciate it very much! Thank you, Terri!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 4, 2021
Saturday,

A Time To Grieve

Ecclesiastes 3:4
4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;

Many, many people are mourning the loss of a loved one from COVID. My heart breaks for us all. Each day is another day to suffer and try to exist.
Yet, as Christians, we are not without hope. We know we will reunite with our loved ones again. We can rejoice that our loved ones are with God.

We who are in mourning may be taking baby steps, but we can still serve our God. When we hear of the death of someone, whether we know them or not, we can pray for their families.

We can pray for God to comfort them. We can pray that through their family tragedy, they will find salvation. The window of opportunity to make the rapture is beginning to close. Praying for the salvation of others is tremendous work to do. Whatever the situation we are in, we should and must pray for people to reach out to God for salvation.
Betty

Romans 10:9-10
New King James Version
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Philippians 4:6
English Standard Version
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 3, 2021
Friday,

Is Faith Enough?

We would like to think faith is enough for anything. The last six weeks I had more faith than ever had in my life, that God would Jeff on earth. Even after they said he was gone and we came home, there was a little part of me that thought the hospital would call and say that it was a miracle and Jeff was alive and completely healed.

This morning as I questioned God for probably the 100th time why God did not heal Jeff here. I kept reminding God how strong my faith was. Then God whispered in my heart that faith will not overrule God’s plans.

Jesus prayed that He would not have to suffer and die, but He chose the Father’s will. The truth is we did not choose God’s will, but we must walk in faith in God‘s Will.

What a shame it would be for us to live the rest of our lives in the sin of bitterness. We are not okay. We will not be okay for a long long time. Yet, we know without a doubt Jeff is with God. Jeff will never suffer again. We must choose to keep our faith in God and lay aside any anger in our hearts and seek mercy and strength from God. We must do this if we want to face God in Jeff in Heaven without shame.

Please pray for us. Every day is a struggle just to keep living. We know we will be with Jeff again when it is God’s timing. His ways, we do not understand, but we know that they are better than our own.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 1, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

We Need A Miracle

Jeff is on the ventilator 100%. We need a miracle. God will either heal Jeff on earth or in Heaven. I am praying hard for a miracle here. His family and us, his parents need him here on earth. I am not giving up. God still performs miracles.

In these days of waiting for a miracle, we must put our complete trust in God. We cannot allow doubt to enter our hearts but wholly commit ourselves to God.

Many many people are ill around the world with COVID. God is still on His throne and He is still doing miracles.

Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will surely help you; I will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." ~ Jeremiah 17:14

"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven." ~ James 5:14-15

* "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10
* "Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." ~ Isaiah 53:4-5
* "But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD" ~ Jeremiah 30:17

We will not give up. We will continue to pray for Jeff’s complete healing. We will place our trust firmly in the God of miracles.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 31, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

The Mercy of God

Have mercy on me, O God.
Psalm 51:1

I cry out to God every day for God to have mercy and heal Jeff completely. There are many kinds of mercies. Traveling mercy. Mercy for a new job. We cry out for God’s mercy in overcoming a trial. God is not selfish with His mercy.

Psalm 13:5
New King James Version
5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

Ephesians 2:4
New King James Version
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

James 3:17
New King James Version
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Worship God in spirit and truth for His mercies for His children have no end. No matter what circumstances we are in, God will never abandon us.
Sing praise and worship, songs every day in thanksgiving to our God and King. Rejoice in His great love for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

James 3:17
New King James Version
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 30. 2021
Happy Monday,

Glorious Reservation

Luke 10:19-20
New King James Version
19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but [a]rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

There are a lot of fancy restaurants in Houston, that I do not know the name of. There are above my pay grade. Chances are you need to be someone with power and influence.

As Christians, we have a reservation in Heaven for a Wedding Supper that the majority will never see. Just as expensive restaurants require that you are either an influencer in the world or be friends with one, to get in, so does this Wedding Feast.

Our ticket was purchased not by us, but by the precious blood of Jesus. With all the troubles in the world today we can look forward to the day when those who were willing to receive salvation in Christ will be wed to our Groom, Jesus.

Heavenly Father,

Help us not to be overcome by the troubles of this world, but to keep our eyes on You, the Author and the Finisher of our faith.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement