Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 13)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 28, 2021
Happy Saturday,

The Purpose of Prayer

There are many reasons we pray. We pray when we are in trouble. We pray when we are sick or our family is sick. We pray for guidance. An important reason to pray is to communicate with God.

Our relationship with God will be stronger and sweeter when we talk with God daily. We will be more fulfilled when we have a strong relationship with God.

Jeff, my son's health is up and down and up every day. To be honest I want God to do an instant miracle so Jeff can come off the ventilator. I do not understand God’s timing, but I do trust God. It is often not the way we want God to act, but we can trust God through all things.

As the world falls into place for God’s judgment, we can still trust God to protect us and guide us. We need not fear what is happening for God is in control. Let us draw close to God and seek His comfort when we are tempted to be fearful.
Betty

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 27, 2021
Happy Friday,

Seek The Face of God

Psalm 27:7-9
New King James Version
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

In times of trouble, we can be tempted to hide from everyone, including God. These are the times that we need to run towards God. We need to seek His face in these troubled times. If we isolate ourselves from our brothers and sisters in Christ, we become easy pickings for the devil and his demons.

These are the times that we should run to God. Do not be too prideful to seek reassurance from our brethren in Christ. Leaning on each other will help us all to grow stronger in our faith. The body of Christ grows stronger when we admit our needs and ask one other to stand in the gap for us and ask them to pray with us for our needs.

We were saved to join the body of Christ, not to be a loner. We are made stronger when we stand against satan as a body of Christ, rather than just an individual.

God is still on His throne. He is not deaf to our prayers. Lay our needs at His feet. Ask other Christians to pray with us. Trust God, while we wait for the answers to our praise. Praise God and rejoice in the knowledge that God hears our prayers and the answer to our prayers is on its way.
Betty

I serve a risen Savior

1 I serve a risen Savior
  He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
  Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
  I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
  He’s always near.
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.
2 In all the world around me
  I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,
  I never will despair;
I know that He is leading,
  Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing
  Will come at last.
3 Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
  Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
  To Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
  The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
  So good and kind.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 26, 2021
Happy Thursday,

The Birth Pains Are Inceasing

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you… JOHN 14:27

Jesus told us that as we get closer to the rapture, the birth pains of sorrow would increase. We are seeing this played out in the world today. Jesus did not want us to be caught up unaware, so He warned us.

As we see this happening, we need to increase our time of prayer and draw closer to God. We are not called to fear these days but to pray for God to fill us with His Heavenly Peace.

God is still in control and He is watching over His children. His love for us is strong and He seeks to guide us. On the other hand, the devil seeks to fill our hearts with fear and doubt. We must choose to trust in God.

John 14:1-4
New King James Version
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, [b]I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Jesus gave His Word that He is coming for us. Our troubles will soon be a memory as we celebrate God’s victory over sin, together in Heaven. Like the old song says: “What a day of rejoicing that will be!”
Betty

Revelation 22:20
New King James Version
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 25, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

This World Is Not My Home

Romans 12:2
New King James Version
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The older I get the less this world feels like my home. I have no idea who the new movie stars and singers are any more. Hubby will point out someone on the front of a magazine and ask me who they are and I usually have no idea.

The Bible warns about accepting the world’s standards as our moral compass. God’s Holy Word is to be our moral compass. Remember the world easily turns on their own. One day a celebrity will be the darling of the media and they say or do one thing that the majority disagrees with and then the majority turns on them.

While we want to live in peace in this world, we should strive to please God. Our compass should be the Bible. Many things are happening in this world today that causes us concern and even fear. Go to God for comfort and ask for His grace and peace.

Pray for the military, Americans, Christians, and the people who aided our Military in Afghanistan. It breaks my heart to see how our the White House has abandoned them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 24, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Why?

We have all had questioned God in our lives. Why did God allow us or our loved ones to get so sick? Why is healing taking so long? Even why did our loved one die?

We do not always get an answer. This can lead to frustrations and even us doubting God. The thing is true trust in God is trusting God even when things do not seem to be working out. Trusting God for complete healing even when have not seen the end results.

Sometimes God heals instantly and sometimes it is a process. We all want instant healing in ourselves and loved ones, yet our faith grows stronger when healing is a progress. We learn to trust God more through each forward step.

God does not call us to understand His reasoning but to put complete trust in Him. We can lay our doubts down when we communicate with God throughout the day. When the devil tempts us to doubt, remind ourselves that the devil is a liar and encourage ourselves in the Lord.

Exodus 15:26 (KJV) 26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Psalms 91:14-16 (NKJV) 14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known my name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."
8. Psalms 103:1-5 (KJV) 1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies; 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV) 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Hebrews 10:23 (NKJV) 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 10:35-36 (NKJV) 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

Rejoice in the Lord, knowing that not only does He hear our prayers, but out of His great love for us, He will bring complete healing in His time.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 23, 2021
Happy Monday,

The New Normal

We hear people question when will get back to normal and we hear people talk about the new normal. Truth is this world is never going back. Everything that has happened is laying out the path for the antichrist to take over this world.

Christians, we have nothing to fear from the antichrist. We will be gone from this world before he comes to power. We may get uncomfortable and we may lose some freedoms, but keep your eyes on God. Our future is not of this world.

Ephesians 1:11-14
New King James Version
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the [b]guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

So many of us have loved ones and friends with COVID. We need not be fearful, for we can trust God to be with them and to heal them. When the enemy puts doubts in our minds and we begin to doubt, cry out to God and remember that there is nothing too big for God.

Titus 2:11-14
New King James Version
Trained by Saving Grace
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Let us live Godly lives, walking in righteousness as we await our glorious blessed hope. The Rapture is not a dream or a wish, but a promise from Jesus. He said that He would come for us and He will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 21, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Looking For The Light

There are times we cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Times when we feel like crawling into a fetal position and staying there. Yet, you know you have responsibilities to care for someone else. This is when we need to turn our eyes on Jesus. To take our little faith and focus on God.

We must not allow the devil to steal our hope. We must remind ourselves that eternity awaits us. We may be exhausted today, but our eternal bodies are on the other side of this dark valley. God knows what we are dealing with. Prayer for strength. Pray for hope to face another day.

We must not allow our present circumstances to steal our faith in God. Hold to God with our trembling hands and keep our eyes on Him. The trials we face today will pass away. We can see the signs all around us of the soon-coming rapture. We can press onward to the prize of Heaven.
Betty

Psalm 91:4
New King James Version
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [a]buckler.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
Wild Bill,

I must admit I am in a hurry to see Jeff, healed completely. Patience in this matter is not my strong point.
Betty

August 20, 2021
Happy Friday,

No Condemnation

Romans 8:1
New King James Version
Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The devil likes to bring up past sins to fill us with guilt and torment us. The Bible says there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ and walk according to the spirit.

When we get saved and our sins are forgiven, God does not keep a playlist of our sins to punish us when He is angry at us. As human beings, we can be cruel by bringing up every wrong done to us. When the devil reminds you of a sin against you, remind him that you have forgiven that person. When the devil reminds you of your past sins, remind the devil that your past sins are forgiven.

May God help us to leave past sins in the past where they belong. May He help us today to live in righteousness. When we do sin, ask for forgiveness and leave your sin at the cross.
Betty

Thankyou betty,

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Wild Bill,

I must admit I am in a hurry to see Jeff, healed completely. Patience in this matter is not my strong point.
Betty

August 20, 2021
Happy Friday,

No Condemnation

Romans 8:1
New King James Version
Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The devil likes to bring up past sins to fill us with guilt and torment us. The Bible says there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ and walk according to the spirit.

When we get saved and our sins are forgiven, God does not keep a playlist of our sins to punish us when He is angry at us. As human beings, we can be cruel by bringing up every wrong done to us. When the devil reminds you of a sin against you, remind him that you have forgiven that person. When the devil reminds you of your past sins, remind the devil that your past sins are forgiven.

May God help us to leave past sins in the past where they belong. May He help us today to live in righteousness. When we do sin, ask for forgiveness and leave your sin at the cross.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
August 19, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Healing

Our prayers are not always answered in an instant. Sometimes our healing comes in baby steps. I'll be honest, I prefer instant healing. Gradual healing does serve a purpose. Every day, every step produces spiritual growth. Just as our bodies are improving so is our spiritual health.

Each day and each step, let us offer up praises to our Heavenly Father. Rejoice in the goodness of our God. Worship God with a glad heart. Look with a hopeful heart to the victory ahead. Let us trust God to perform a good work in us.
Betty

Shift to URGENT HELP ME, thanx

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 19, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Healing

Our prayers are not always answered in an instant. Sometimes our healing comes in baby steps. I'll be honest, I prefer instant healing. Gradual healing does serve a purpose. Every day, every step produces spiritual growth. Just as our bodies are improving so is our spiritual health.

Each day and each step, let us offer up praises to our Heavenly Father. Rejoice in the goodness of our God. Worship God with a glad heart. Look with a hopeful heart to the victory ahead. Let us trust God to perform a good work in us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 18, 2021
Happy Wednesday

Prayer

“Promise #230:
If two of you agree in prayer, I will do whatever you ask. 

Matthew 18:19 (WEB)
Again, assuredly I tell you, 
that if two of you will agree on earth concerning anything 
that they will ask, it will be done for them 
by my Father who is in heaven.”

Our prayers are not just a mental exercises. God hears our prayers. Our prayers are important to us and important to God.

James 5:16
King James Version
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Hebrews 4:16King James Version
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

My friends, let us come to the throne with our needs and seek God with our petitions. When we are suffering it is easy to become overwhelmed and disheartened. God, Himself, invites us to bring our needs to Him.

Luke 2:14
King James Version
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Romans 16:27
King James Version
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Philippians 4:19
King James Version
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Rejoice, children of God for our prayers are being heard and the answer is on its way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 17, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Distraction

We can be easily distracted in today's world. There are so many different sounds calling out to us. Sometimes we cannot even pray without something distracting us. That doesn't even count the multiple thoughts in our minds.

There are times we need to stop and ask God to settle our minds. Praying for Him to help us stay focused is a good habit to have.

Isaiah 26:3
King James Version
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

We help ourselves to keep our minds on Him, by communicating with God throughout our day. Little mini prayers of Thanksgiving to God will refresh our minds and spirits.

The devil seeks to distract us, but God says for us to draw closer to Him. We do that by Bible reading and prayer. May God bless you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 16, 2021
Happy Monday,

Finding Faith In Hard Times

“Promise #228:
If I am for you, no one can stand against you.

Romans 8:31 (WEB)
What then shall we say about these things? 
If God is for us, who can be against us?”

There are times that we are under attack from, the devil. We start off strong with our faith, but over time our faith begins to wane. How do we renew our faith?

“Romans 10:17
New King James Version
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

We need to take some time to refresh ourselves in God’s Holy Word. We also need to seek encouragement from our family and Christian friends. There is no shame in admitting we need help. In fact, it does our soul good to humble ourselves before God.

“Matthew 6:33
King James Version
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

When we put God first, He will grant us the desires of our hearts. He loves us with a every lasting love. He is concerned about our concerns. We can trust with our needs and the needs of our loved ones.

Let us pray for all who are suffering from COVID. Let us have a heart of compassion.
Betty

Titus 2:13

“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 13, 2021
Happy Fridays

Beyond Our Control

Some things in our lives are beyond our control. We can become angry when it seems God is slow to answer our prayers. We start out strong in our faith, but often we get to the point that we want God to explain to us why God is taking so long to work things out.

“Why has God not healed my loved one?” “Why haven't I gotten a job yet?” “Why am I struggling in my marriage?” We can have many many questions about what seems as God's delays in answering our prayers. It is normal to have questions. We may even even become mad at God.

Ephesians 4:26-27
New King James Version
26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give [a]place to the devil.

When we become angry at God, repent and ask God to renew our faith in Him. Do not hold onto our anger, lest it develops into bitterness. Sometimes we need to take a step back and just have a little talk with God. Be honest about our anger, seek forgiveness, and pray for faith. God is going to answer our prayers. We may not understand His delay, but we must trust Him.

Psalm 37:4
New King James Version
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Betty

P.S. Please continue to pray for our son Jeff. There has not been any improvement.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 12, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Living In Righteousness

Proverbs 21:21
New King James Version
21 He who follows righteousness and mercy
Finds life, righteousness, and honor.

We must choose to walk in righteousness. We will not accidentally fall into righteousness. How do we know what a righteous life looks like?

Galatians 5:19-23
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

We chose to walk in righteousness because we want to please our Heavenly Father. When we remind ourselves of the great gift of salvation, we will want to have an intimate relationship with God. We do not want to have a Sunday-only relationship with God. We will want to know Him intimately. The more we learn of God, the more we want to know God.

In these days of fear and confusion, a strong relationship with God is what we need to stay faithful and live with peace in our hearts. We need not fear tomorrow for the God who walks with us today, will walk with us tomorrow.

Even in these days when we see evil abound, we will benefit from having an attitude of gratefulness for what the Lord has done for us and for what He does for us every day.

Please continue to pray for my son, Jeff. He is still in the hospital. Pray that God will heal Him and lift his spirits. Thank you,
Betty

Philippians 4:4
New King James Version
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Revelation 19:7
New King James Version
7 “Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 11, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Keep Our Eyes On Jesus

But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
Matthew 14:30

There are so many crises in the world today, that is easy to lose our focus. COVID, fires, floods, lawlessness, etc. If we stop focusing on God, we can become fearful. The truth is there is a lot to be fearful of, but for God.

We serve a God who is not blind to what is happening, nor is He deaf to our prayers. Even when we do not see evidence that God is working on our behalf, He is.

We must not let the devil lead us into fear and despair. He would love for us to turn our eyes off of Jesus and become paralyzed by fear. We cannot be fearful and trusting at the same time.

1 John 4:18
New King James Version
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

When the devil overcomes us with fear and doubts, begin to praise God and remind ourselves who God is.

Numbers 23:19
New King James Version
19  “God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

God will not break His promises. He will not abandon His children. Keep our eyes on Jesus, trust in Him, and rest on His promises.
Betty

Revelation 22:20New King James Version
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 10, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Worry

Worry is a little fox that sneaks into our minds and causes us to doubt and fear. Many times we start out with faith and courage, but when God does not act in the time frame we expected, the little fox of worry slips into our minds, keeping us occupied on him instead of God.

We begin to question God. Or we begin to beg God to do something, instead of praying and then trusting Him. How many times did Jesus tell someone their faith has made them well. God wants us to take our needs to Him and then trust Him to work.
Betty

Matthew 6:25-31
New King James Version
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one [a]cubit to his [b]stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not [c]arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 8, 2021
Blessed Sunday

Where Would We Go?

John 6:66-69
New King James Version
66 From that time many of His disciples went [a]back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”
68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [b]Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Where would we go? Who would we turn to? There is none like our Heavenly Father. The Ten Commandments say we should worship only God. There is no one on earth or in the universe worthy of our worship.

What a mighty God we serve? He is worthy of all worship and praise. He alone has the power to cleanse us from our sins. He alone can guide us through these days of uncertainty, for He knows the future.

May, we take time today to worship God in spirit and truth. Sing songs of praise to our Heavenly Father and have a grateful heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 7, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Finding Hope

Proverbs 3:5
New King James Version
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

God’s promises are not just empty platitudes. When God speaks, He means what He says. There is no sin in God.

Numbers 23:19
New King James Version
19 God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”

When God says that He is coming for us, He meant it. Let us not listen to the lies of the devil. God speaks truth and He is coming for us. When God said He will sustain us, He will. When God said He will guide us, He meant it.

We will not find hope in politicians, no matter what side of the table, they are on. Look not at a man for answers but look to our Heavenly Father. When fear slips into hearts and minds, run to Jesus. Remind ourselves of the blessed hope.

Titus 2:13
New King James Version
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Press on, trusting completely in God. Whatever path He guides us on, He will never abandon us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 6, 2021
Happy Friday,

Frustration

The internet has been messed up for 7 days. Customer service is a joke and I am frustrated and aggravated. I have been sick with a sinus infection which has not helped with my patience.

Truth is, there are many things we cannot control in our lives. Allowing ourselves to get frustrated like me, doesn’t fix anything. I should be seeking peace from God instead of getting angry.

When we step back from our situation and count our blessings, we find we have a lot to be grateful for. When we praise God in our circumstances, we can turn our frustrations into joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 3, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Being Ready

Hebrews 12
New King James Version
The Race of Faith
12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Years ago, I heard a joke about why old people read the Bible more, the answer was that they were getting ready for the final examination. Thankfully there is no exam to get into Heaven. We are either saved or not saved. Neither is there on getting into Heaven by the skin of our teeth.

This said, our desire should be to finish our race, well. The more we love God, the more our heart’s desire should be to please God. The more we want to live in a way to please God the more our love for God grows.

Hebrews 12
Hear the Heavenly Voice
25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, 26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I [k]shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we [l]may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

God grant us the ability to finish our race in a way that it is pleasing to Him. May our hearts and ears always be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
As the old Black Preacher said:

“People get ready!”
“People get ready!”
“People get ready!”

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 2, 2021
Happy Monday,

Living To Please God

“Galatians 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 1 Thessalonians 2:4 - But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”

We have many responsibilities in life. When we were growing up we were reponsonsable to our parents. When we worked, we answered to our boss. When we are parents we are responsible to take care of our children.

As Christians, we are responsible to God. We should live in a way that is pleasing to God. When we do so we are much happier. Sometimes it is not easy to the right thing but it is always for our good to make the effort.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2021
Happy Saturday,

A Person of Prayer

King David said that he was a man of prayer in Psalms 109. May we be able to say the same about ourselves. When we are harassed by others, may our response be prayer, rather than anger. When we grow afraid, may we respond in prayer. When we face the unknown, but we pray before any reaction. When we are in physical pain, let us cry out to God.

Too often, prayer is our last result. Prayer should be first on our agenda. God help us to pray throughout the day. Let it be said of us that we are a person of prayer.
Betty

1 Timothy 2:1
New King James Version
Pray for All Men
2 Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

Psalm 28:2
New King James Version
2 Hear the voice of my supplications
When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

Psalm 143:1
New King James Version
An Earnest Appeal for Guidance and Deliverance
A Psalm of David.
Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2021
Happy Friday,

Why Me?

My short-term memory is getting worse. I was working on my coffee when hubby asked me a question and then I could not remember if I had put sugar in the coffee. I reminded myself that it was no big deal that I could taste the coffee.

My title is why me, but the truth is I have never asked God why He allowed me to get Alzheimer's. I do not need to know why. I just need to know it is part of God’s plans.

King David was concerned about the wicked prospering and seemingly having no problems. Truth is, we can look around and see evil people who have gotten away with horrible things, and yet they remain in powerful positions.

For many many people, this earth is as close to Heaven they will ever see. Do not envy their positions or their wealth. We have a future in Heaven where the wealth cannot even be numbered by man.

Every day we are allowed to walk with Our Heavenly Father. This is another gift that cannot be measured in money. This morning I found myself singing the chorus to “I Need The Every Hour”. Praise God for always being with us and never forsaken us.
Betty

I need thee every hour
Most gracious Lord
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford

I need thee oh I need thee
Every hour I need thee
Oh bless me now my savior
I come to thee

I need thee every hour
Stay thou near by
Temptations loose their power
When thou art nigh

Every hour I need thee
I come to thee

I need thee every hour
Most holy one
Oh make me thine indeed
Thou blessed son

Every hour I need thee
I come to thee

Oh I need thee

I need thee

I come to thee

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Be Willing Servants of God

I use to like silly comedies like Gilligan’s Island and I Dream of Genie, now I like watching true crime dramas and old Columbo movies. Our desires and needs change as we age. At 69, I find I do not need so much stuff as when I was younger. I need less drama and more peace in my life.

As we get older the work we do for God changes. In my forties, I helped my youngest sister (who was a Pastor’s wife) take down a wall at their Church and helped her carry heavy tables upstairs. I could not do that today.

As we get older and develop physical challenges we may not be able to do the work we did in the past. This does not mean we are useless to God. God is always happy to use that are willing. When we give ourselves over to God, He will find a place of service for us. What is important is that we serve God with a willing heart? Pray every day that we will be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit so that He can guide us and help us not to miss opportunities to do what God assigns us to do. Be cheerful and willing vessels for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Traveling God’s Path

Many years ago hubby and I went through a three-year valley. My Mom thought we had gotten out of God’s will, but my youngest sister disagreed. Looking back I tend to agree with my sister. I learned a lot spiritually through those three years. At the end of these three years, hubby gave His life to Christ.

I believe God is allowing Christians to go through things these days to purify us for the soon rapture. The closer we get to the rapture the least worldly possessions should matter to us. The more our eyes are on Jesus, the less concerned we become about the drama going on around us. The closer we walk with God the greater our desire grows to live in a way that pleases God.

May God give us a heart that weeps for lost souls. May we pray daily that God will open the eyes of sinners to the truth of the Gospel. May God encourage each of us to stand strong and firm in our faith in Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

When we wake up to start our day, we can be met with unexpected little problems that add to make us agitated. I took water out to put in the dog’s bowl and spilled it on the smoker. I turned on the hose to have more water come out the connection than the sprayer. Of course, I got me all wet.

This is life. Unexpected things happen. We need not get upset if we just laugh about it. Things happen to Christians and non-Christians, it is just a part of life. When we learn to take things as they come we can be stressed-less even with aggravating circumstances.

The world is coming together for the tribulation. If we focus on these things we can become overwhelmed with fear. We do not have to be fearful if we keep our eyes on our Heavenly Father. When we put complete trust in God we can have peace in these troubled times.
Betty

Isaiah 26:3
New King James Version
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 26, 2021
Happy Monday,

May God Help Us To Grow Spiritual Fruit

2 Peter 1:5-6
New King James Version
Fruitful Growth in the Faith
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control [a]perseverance, to perseverance godliness,

Growing up we had a peach tree in the backyard. The tree never grew fruit. The tree was a disappointment to us. How much so is a child of God, who lives an unfruitful life, to God. When we grow through the valleys for spiritual growth and we do not grow but become bitter, we must make God cry. A Christian who has no spiritual fruit is shameful.

God help us when our heart's desire is to accumulate material goods that will mold and decay. Even gold will not go with us when we leave this world.
Spiritual fruit will not only help us be a blessing to others but will go with us to Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Pray for Compassion for Others

Matthew 9:36
New King James Version
36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were [a]weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.

It is easy for us to look at all the sin and lawlessness in this world, and feel disgusted, but Jesus looked around at the people and He was filled with compassion on them.

So many people are controlled by sin that has hardened their hearts and because of this, they have lost their ability to hear the truth. Without a miracle, they face an eternity in hell. This should feel us with sadness.

Jesus cared so much for lost souls that willingly died to save souls from hell. It must make Jesus so sad to see His gift of salvation refused by the masses.

When we hear of evil doings, let us pray for the victim and the evildoer. Yes we should be angry at sin and yet still feel compassion for those caught up in the traps of sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Live For God

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. MATTHEW 5:20

Matthew 6:16
New King James Version
Fasting to Be Seen Only by God
16 “Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the [a]hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Jesus said that the Scribes and Pharisees performed righteous acts in order to be admired by other men. Their works did not come from a loving heart towards God, but from a heart that desired approval.

Jesus warned us about this. To live in righteousness, we must live our lives to please God. When we put God, first, all other things will fall in place. What the Bible teaches is no longer admired by the world. If God is not first in our lives, we will be easily led astray by the world standards.

We soon may have to take a stand for God. We should be praying for God to help us to grow in faith and become strong in our beliefs so that we can stand for the truth of the Gospel, even when we are ridiculed or even persecuted for our believe in the truth of the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:58
New International Version
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Peter 5:8-11
New King James Version
8 Be [a]sober, be [b]vigilant; [c]because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But [d]may the God of all grace, who called [e]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [f]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2021
Happy Friday,

What Is Faith

“Faith. It’s a word we hear thrown around all the time. Keep the faith. Walking in faith. Having faith. So what is faith? Faith has several different definitions.
1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than truth.
3. A system of religious belief.
4. A firmly held belief or theory”(1)

When I awoke this morning, I prayed for God to guide me on what to write about today, and immediately I thought of faith. While I made my coffee, I thought of the verse “My faith looks up to You, sweet Lamb of Calvery, on there, I stand”

Like most Christians, I have times of doubts and fears. This is when my eyes are focused on my circumstances, instead of God. When you have health issues that affect you as soon as you wake up, it is hard not to become focused on them. Yet, when you release your fears to God, He will replace your fears with peace.

We must make a choice of trusting God. The devil will be there to share thoughts of fear and disbelief with us. We must encourage ourselves in the Lord. When we do, our faith will grow and mature.
Betty

1 (https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/what-is-faith.html)

1 My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine:
now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
be wholly thine.
2 May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire;
as thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire.
3 While life's dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow's tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.
4 When ends life's transient dream,
when death's cold, sullen stream
shall o'er me roll,
blest Savior, then, in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Growing In Our Faith

“Promise #203:
I will strengthen you with feet like a deer so you can reach great heights.

Habakkuk 3:19 (WEB)
Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength. 
He makes my feet like deer’s feet, 
and enables me to go in high places.”

God wants us to grow spiritually. If we seek Him, He will guide us into spiritual growth. Growth rarely happens on the mountain top. It is in the dark valleys where spiritual growth takes place.

Valleys can be scary and we often feel alone, yet God is with us. Why do we feel that we are alone? It is during those times that we cannot feel Him, that our faith grows. When the devil tells us that God has forsaken us, remind ourselves that the devil is a liar and a deceiver. Do not focus on our circumstances, but keep our eyes on God.

We are not in valleys forever. Our time of rejoicing will come again. May God help us to remember that He is with us in the valleys and on the mountain tops. Seek to grow in the Lord. We do not want to become stagnate, or worse fall behind in our spiritual growth.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
July 21, 2021

Heavenly Father,
Guide us everyday and help us to walk in righteousness and truth. Give us Your Heavenly peace so we do not become fearful. Protect us from the lies of the devil. Help us to live in a way that is pleasing to You. We love You.
Amen,
Betty

Amen.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

400 years ago-
Mayflower, Day by Day - Wednesday, 21 July 1621
Posted 21 Jul 2021 3:56 AM |

Scarcity and Plenty

One last comment about the visit to Pokanoket -- despite the glowing reports of what was available for the taking in the wild and in the waters, this was clearly a subsistence economy: there was not much left over, and while the travellers regularly met natives who were happy to share with them, as the Pilgrims had been sharing with the hordes of visitors to their new settlement, there was nothing left over.

-

This is a part of Massasoit’s great embarrassment about their visit: he had been away, and thus there was nothing prepared for the entertainment.

Each person probably brought his own food, and there was very little left over for the two messengers to share. There was only a limited means to preserve food, and the Pilgrims were constantly careful to put aside food for the winter, as well as having seed for the next spring’s planting.

And nothing, absolutely nothing, could go to waste; everyone had to be on the lookout for what use could be made of what God had provided.

--------------------
That is all.....

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Wednesday’s Thoughts

I pray every day that God will use me to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ. There is so much around us, that could make us become discouraged. My prayer is that God will give us peace in these troubled times.

Many false teachings are being taught around the world. I pray that God will protect us from being led astray by lies of the devil. Some things sound good to the human ear but bring destruction on those who accept the devil’s lies. Pro-choice is the devil’s spin on the murder of unborn babies!

Gay pride is the devil’s plan, a sin that is an abomination to God. Wrapping sin up in a rainbow does not take away its evil. God created man and woman to come together as one to form a family to live for God, in righteousness and in the truth of God’s Holy Word.

Fellow Christians, we can walk in righteousness and truth, if we seek God and follow Him. If we trust in God and trust in Him, daily, the Holy Spirit will guide us.

We can stand strong in our faith if we trust completely in our Heavenly Father. We will be called stubborn and closed-minded for refusing to buy into the devil’s lies. Was not Christ ridculed when He walked this earth, for His teaching. Yet, today Christ is sitting in Heaven on a throne in the presence of His Father!

Heaven awaits us, fellow Christians! We may suffer for a little while but victory is ahead! I pray that God will keep us strong in our walk with God and then we ignore the lies of the devil.

Heavenly Father,
Guide us everyday and help us to walk in righteousness and truth. Give us Your Heavenly peace so we do not become fearful. Protect us from the lies of the devil. Help us to live in a way that is pleasing to You. We love You.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2021
Happy Monday,

“What Is Truth?”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me,

John 1:1
New King James Version
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What is truth? Jesus is truth. God’s Holy Word is truth. The world has rejected Truth. Instead, they have chosen to believe lies from the devil.
Another well-known Christian singer has come out endorsing the sin of homosexuality.

She has done no favors for the gay and lesbian community. She has given them false hope of salvation and she now has the blood of millions on her hands. In her desire to be popular with another group of people she has betrayed her Savior and strayed from the truth of the Gospel.

2 Timothy 4
New King James Version
Preach the Word
4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead [b]at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

The truth of the Gospel is not popular in today’s world but the Truth has not changed. Yes, God does love everyone. He desires for everyone to be in Heaven, but we must repent and turn away from sin. Salvation is not found in feeling bad about sin, praying, and then returning to the sin. We all will sin and when we do we repent, but we must not choose to live in sin.

A pig that is given a bath will return to the mud. Christians must choose to stay out of the mud of sin. We should pray for those caught up in sin. We must never be angry at a person caught up in sin but have Godly compassion for them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Times of Troubles

“Promise #198:
I will save you in the midst of your troubles.

Psalm 138:7 (WEB)
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. 
You will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies. 
Your right hand will save me.”

We are living in times of troubles. We are on the cusp of the tribulation. Yet, we need not fear. God has not abandoned His children. God has not lost any of His great powers, nor has His strength weaken.

God could speak a word and people would lose their ability to think for themselves. He could force every person and every child to worship Him. God, instead has given each individual the ability to choose for themselves, who they worship.

Our choice determines our present circumstances and our future home in eternity. For those who choose to worship God, He provides comfort and protection. God is our Shepherd who guides us and watches over us. We can go to Him for comfort and He will comfort us and give us peace.

God is love. His great love for mankind has allowed mankind to exist for many many generations, even though mankind has chosen to live in sin over righteousness. God’s patients will not last forever and this world will soon come under God’s judgment.

Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to turn from our sins and seek to walk with God and to obey His precepts. Eternity rests on our decision. Choose Jesus and follow His righteous path and find peace for the days here on earth and eternity with God in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2021
Happy Friday,

“Jesus Paid It All”

Partial Salvation, would not keep anyone out of Heaven. Even a tiny sin would keep us out of Heaven. God in His mercy offers us the gift of salvation. A gift that pays the debt for all of our sins.

Sadly, so many reject this wondrous gift of salvation. When judgment comes the Bible says that most people will still refuse to accept the gift of salvation, but cursing God instead.

God must be grieved over the way this world glorifies sin. Christians, we should not be angry, but we should grieve over the world’s attitude about sin. When sin is celebrated, pridefully, their hearts become prideful and they are no longer able to see their need for salvation.

Never stop praying for lost souls. Until the rapture, there is still time for repentance. Let us worship our Lord and Savior in Spirit and Truth. Praising our God, daily, in prayer and songs of worship. God is worthy of all praise!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 15, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Have a Heart of Worship

Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.
Leviticus 6:13

We do not keep a fire going in our Churches anymore, but we can have a spirit of worship in our hearts daily. We can begin the day with prayer and we can end the day with prayer. Throughout the day, we can offer up to God: praise and Worship.

When God is foremost in our minds, we find ourselves less likely to become unhinged over an unexpected problem. When something unexpected happens, seek God first instead of giving into fear and frustration. When we do, God will fill our hearts and minds with His peace.
Betty

John 14:27
New King James Version
27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 14, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“ Encourage One Another “

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

There is restlessness all over the world. Many people, including non-Christians, are becoming concerned about the future. As Christians, we need not be fearful. When we become afraid, we can take our fears to God and He can take our fears away and give us peace.

While it is true we do not know what tomorrow or next week is going to be like, but we serve a God who knows. Whatever happens, God will not abandon His children. Every day we grow closer to going to Heaven. Comfort yourself with that knowledge.

We should pray for one another and encourage one another. The devil is working hard on causing Christians to doubt God. With prayer and the Armor of God, we can stand firm in our faith in these distressing times.
Pray that our hearts and ears will be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

They Knew Him, Yet They Did Not

Mark 4:39-41
New King James Version
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace,[a] be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How[b] is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

When Jesus calmed the sea, the disciples had already seen Jesus perform miracles, and yet they became fearful of Him. It is easy for us to look at that and judge them, yet if we were in Church and saw a person healed of blindness, we may also react in fear.

Acknowledging that God can raise the dead is also acknowledging that God with one word could stop the heart of everyone in the room. God has the power to give life and to take it.

In a world that so many have reduced God’s powers and abilities in their own eyes, there would be great fear if God appeared in all of His Glory. Sadly, the Bible makes it clear that even then people would not repent of their sins. If in the presence of God mankind could speak, they would make excuses for their sins and try to convince God, that He is wrong about sin.

This is how evil mankind has become. They have embraced sin so long and brought out sins, that should be hidden, into the light of day. They have celebrations of sin wrapped in a flag of pride.

Do we know God? There is a difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge.

Matthew 15:8 New King James Version

‘These people [a]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.

Let us draw to God and sincerely seek to know God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Romans 12:21
New King James Version
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

My friends, as we look around today, it is easy to be overcome with doubts and fears. We should not be caught unaware. Did not Jesus say in the last days, lawlessness would increase? Yet it is easy for the most seasoned Christian to become sad and fearful of the events of today.

Every day, let us begin the day asking God to put the whole armor of God, upon us so we can stand strong in our faith. We will not overcome the evil in the world, for Jesus said that evil would increase, but we can overcome the evil that attacks us and our families.
Betty

Romans 12
New King James Version

Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Serve God with Spiritual Gifts
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient[c] in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given[d] to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have[e] regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2021
Happy Monday,

Self-Serving

We serve a loving God and He is good to us. Sometimes, we can begin to think that God serves us when we are supposed to serve God. We can become so self-involved, that we are no longer worshipping our God and Creator.

Our needs are important to us. This is normal, but do we worship God, when we pray, or all our prayer about our needs and wants? Sometimes we need to step back and remind ourselves who God is. To stand back and think of how awesome God is and be thankful that God even notices us, much less loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins.

We all have needs. We all have become battle-weary, but may God help us to realize how wondrous it is that the creator of all things is not only interested in our needs but wants to provide for us. May we seek to be grateful children of God and thankful for our many blessings.

The Bible says to come boldly to the throne and to make our petitions known, and we should, but let us begin our prayers by praising our God and Creator.
Betty

Hebrews 4:14-16 New King James Version
Our Compassionate High Priest
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

“The Will of The Lord Be Done”

Acts 21:14
New King James Version
14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”

Sometimes we need to step back and allow God to do His will. His will may be different than ours but His will is always best.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Do Not Be Decieved

Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”

It is not uncommon to hear people say today that they need to search their hearts for the answer. People comment that they know that they are okay with their sinful lifestyle because they feel at peace about it. God warns us that our heart is deceitful. If we want something bad enough we can convince ourselves that God is okay with our sin, but what does the Bible say?

When we stand before God, it will only matter what God thinks of our sin. There will be no debate between God and mankind on judgment day. God’s decision will be the final decision. It will be too late on that day, to change our ways.

Today is the day for salvation. No one is promised a tomorrow. Many will realize too late that the day of redemption has passed and the judgment of God is upon them.

Matthew 4:17
New King James Version
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven [a]is at hand.”

2 Corinthians 6:2
New King James Version
2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Let us not put off what should be done for the Kingdom of God. Seek God today and repent of our sins, while there is still time.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“You Are Not Good Enough”

The devil would love to make every Christian feel they are not good enough to accomplish the job, God, has given them. If he can intimate us enough, he can get us to give up. Whatever job that God gave you to do in accomplishing His work, He will equip you to be able to accomplish what He has called us to do.

Just as we work to show our love for God and mankind, God saved and called us to a mission out of His love for us. It is this loving relationship between us and God that provides us salvation and provides what we need to accomplish the work that God has called us to do.

When we give up on being good enough and put our complete trust in God, then we can accomplish the work we are called to do. We must choose to walk in faith and not in ourselves. When we stop focusing on our weaknesses and focus on God’s ability to accomplish a work thru us, then we are free to accomplish the work that God has given us.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 13:20-21 New King James Version
Benediction, Final Exhortation, Farewell
20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you [a]complete in every good work to do His will, working in [b]you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Good enough? In myself no! But God! So much power in the words: “but, God”. What wonderous works have been accomplished through the ages when people let go and allow God to work freely through them!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2021
Happy Friday

This World Needs God

In the sixties, there was a popular song called: “What the world needs now -is love”. The world needs love more than ever, but not just love for each other, but Godly love. Each individual needs a relationship with Jesus and to be filled with a Godly love for one another.

There is so much anger and rage within the heart of mankind, that just the right prompting can lead to murderous rage. We have so much anger in drivers today that we have a name for that: ‘road rage’. One driver accidentally cuts someone off with their car and then the other driver retaliates with a gun. In a moment of time, a distracted driver can become a murder victim.

It seems like everyone is living on edge. A miss-spoken word, taking a cut in line, or wearing a Trump hat, can set in motion a tragedy. So many have hearts filled with anger and rage to the point that they are time bombs waiting to be lit, by just the right word.

As Christians, we need to be praying for one another. Praying that sinners' eyes will be open so that they can see their need for salvation through Jesus. Pray for our loved ones and friends that God will protect. Most of all pray that the rapture will be soon!
Betty

Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Do Not Allow Evil To Win

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

We do not have to give in to evil and allow it to overcome us. God has given us the Holy Spirit to guide us and protect us. When we do feel ourselves slipping into sin, we can call out to God and He will answer us.

Matthew 24:12-26 New King James Version
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus, Himself, warned us of these days. He warned us not so that we would become fearful but so that we would understand the times we are living in. The closer the rapture becomes the more lawlessness will increase and evil will grow.

We do not have to give in to evil. If we walk daily with God and trust in Him. God has given us an armor so that we can defeat the devil.

Ephesians 6:11 New King James Version
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil.

We need not be overcome by evil. We can pray each day when we get up that God will equip us with His armor so that we are not overcome. We must be determined to say no to sin. We must make the choice to walk in righteousness.
Betty

Ephesians 6:10-20
New King James Version
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [b]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 7, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Do Not Compromise

Romans 12:1-2
Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Do not compromise your faith, in order to please others. A person who is trying to please God and other people are double-minded.

James 4:8 New King James Version
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

We are too close to the prize of Heaven for us to start compromising in our walk with God to please others. God must come first in our lives. When we put God first, everything will fall into place. We may upset family friends, but we must obey God in all areas of our lives. There will some, who do not understand why we do and say the things we do. If we allow God to guide in all our ways we will please God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“I Am Weak, But He Is Strong”

Romans 8:26-27. New King James Version
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Do not fear the Holy Spirit. He is a member of the Godhead and He loves God’s Children, dearly. It is the Holy Spirit, who called to us, when we were sinners, inviting us to the cross for the gift of salvation. The Holy Spirit guides us in our spiritual walk and warns us if we are going off the path of Righteousness.

Daily, we should ask God to fill us with His Holy Spirit, so that we can walk in righteousness and seek to be a blessing to others. We all have our personal struggles and we all need encouragement. We are blessed, ourselves when we find ways to be a blessing to others.

My dear friends, let us not grow weary, in our walk with Jesus. When we need help, do not let pride, keep us from asking. There is no special crown for doing everything on our own and never seeking help from anyone.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement