Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 20)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 7, 2020
Happy Saturday

Heavenly Father

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

Do we behave as if we had no Heavenly Father? Are we quick go give in to doubt and despair? We can develop the habit of doubting God whenever we go through problems. We can allow fear to dictate our behavior.

We can also read the Bible and build up our faith so that we call on God, as soon as a problem arises, instead of seeking God as a last result. We must choose to react in faith and not give ourselves over to fear. When do this, we will have better results and we will please our God. The more we trust God, the stronger our faith in Him grows.
Betty

Hubby and I had a marvelous time on our vacation. We appreciate our children very much for providing us this vacation. We have wonderful memories to carry us the rest of our lives.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 1, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Anti-God

We live in a world that is coming more and more anti-God. The NFL has asked that if a person sees an NFL player at Church with the building being more than 25 % capacity, for the person to turn them in. Nothing is said about turning them in for being in a protest march. In California, a mayor has made it illegal to sing at Church. Singing is a part of worshiping God. In another city the mayor says he will have the utilities turned off to the Church, if the Church opens for worship. People in authority are using this pandemic to take away Religious freedoms.

An NBA player stood for the National Anthem, citing his faith for not doing so. A sports writer accuses him of using Religion as a crutch. Christianity is not a crutch it is a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father. Those who do not know Christ are oblivious to the relationship a Christian has with their God. Standing up for ones faith is considered a crutch a best and a character flaw at worse. God help this world, whose distaste for worshipping God has turned them into attack dogs against God and His followers.

My friends, God warned us that the last days would be like this. That the world would become more evil. Remember that God did not say to run and hide when these things begin to happen. He said:

Luke 21:28 KJV 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

We are living in the last days. Hard days for us and yet, we are the generation to see Jesus coming in the clouds for His people. Even though we are stressed and fear more persecution to come we are a blessed generation.
Betty

Revelation 22:20-21. King James Version20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2020
Happy Friday,

Running On Empty

The challenges of this life can deplete us, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. When we become depleted then we are less able to help someone. A couple of days I talked about how Elijah fell into a depression, after a great victory. Battles deplete us, even those we win. God did not punish Elijah for giving up and wanting to quit. Instead, God allowed Elijah to get the rest that he needed and even sent an angel with prepared food for him to eat.

I have talked to more than one person that fears this coming election. They are fearful of what is going to happen to this Country. We have seen Democratic leaders taking Religious liberties from people because of this pandemic. I think this is just a test for people in government to see how much they can get away with. At the same time that they are making it illegal to attend Church, Joe Bindon is saying publicly that Islam should be taught in School. Can you imagine the outcry if Christianity was taught in School!

My friends, we are indeed living in stressful times. These days it is more important than ever that we seek God to fill us daily with the Holy Spirit and with His love. I must admit it that I need to spend more time in praying and more time reading God’s Word. Let us seek to be filled with God’s love so that others can see Jesus in us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2020
Happy Thursday,

God’s Children

Revelation 22:4 NIV 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Most of us live quiet lives away from the limelight. We are not celebrities or politicians. Most people do not even know our names. Yet, the God who spoke the Universe into existence knows us personally. He knows our innermost thoughts. Not only does He know this things but He loves us.

What a wonderful realization to know that God cares about the little things that are important to us. Jesus died to reconcile us so that we will be able to spend eternity in the presence of God. Popularity in this world is fleeting, even more so in this cancel society. You can go from being the darling of the media one day to being canceled from the media for something you did long ago.

How marvelous it is to know that God’s love for His children is strong and eternal! He holds us securely in His hands and no one can pluck us out of His hands.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Let us walk in righteousness and truth knowing the one true God is coming for us soon and we will dwell with Him forever. May we find comfort in knowing that while the world does not know us the God of Heaven even knows the number of hairs we have on our head. What a blessing it is to be adopted into God’s family!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Self-Reliant

We as human beings often take pride in being self-reliant. God did not make mankind for us to be self-reliant. God created us to be His children and for Him, to be our Heavenly Father. Instead, mankind rebelled against God. We take pride in thinking we need no one. We take pride in standing on our own. We are blinded to the flower of pride growing in our hearts that is planted by Satan. We do not want God to tell us what to do but we allow the devil to guide us down the path of sin.

When we open our hearts to God and accept Him as our Savior and Lord, God will save us from an eternity in hell. He will also guide us throughout our lives down the path of righteousness. When we allow Satan to be our guide, he will lead us into a life of sin. This sin will cause us to face not only the consequences in this lifetime but an eternity in the lake of fire. Contrary to popular belief, the devil will not be in control of hell. He will just be a fellow sufferer.
Betty

Psalm 71
In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. ...

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Surviving in a Chaotic World

Christians we are beginning to see behind the curtain, that hides the desires of many Democratic leaders. Across the Country, Churches are ordered closed because of the pandemic while hundreds protest, walking arm and arm down the street. In some areas Churches that are open, are prohibited from singing, baptizing, and performing marriages. While people are allowed to match while screaming hate into the air.

What do we do, as Christians? We speak out about the hypocrisy of the Democrats. We pray for God to intervene, but more importantly, we remind ourselves of this verse:

2 Corinthians 4:18 New International Version18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

The Age of Grace is coming to an end. Soon we will leave this world and the times of Jacob’s trouble will begin. Our time of working for the Kingdom of God is almost over. God help us not to be sinning when the trumpet blows. We want to be found working for Christ and not coasting to the end. While others are spreading hate, let us be loving and kind. While others proclaim that the do not need God, let us acknowledge how important our precious God is to us, individually.

Revelation 3:12 (WEB)
He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

What a glorious day it will be when Jesus calls us to meet Him in the air!
We look forward with great expectation to the day we shed these corruptible bodies and take on our glorified bodies!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2020
Happy Monday

Victory to Failure in Sixty Seconds
I Kings 18-19

Merle Haggard wrote a song called: ”I’m Always On the Mountain When I Fall” The chorus says:

I hate to say I'm giving up but I believe
Losing's just become a way of life for me
Losing wouldn't be so bad at all
But I'm always on a mountain when I fall

God gave Elijah a great victory at Mount Carmel. He was given victory over Ahab and Elijah slew the prophets of Baal. God met Elijah and Elijah defeated the evil prophets. Elijah was victorious and on a mountain top. Yet, a few hours later when Ahab told Jezebel what Elijah had done she said she would kill Elijah. You would think that Elijah’s response would be that the God He served gave him a victory over Ahab and would give him victory over Jezebel.

This was not the case. Elijah’s reaction was great fear and defeat. He fled Jezebel and went somewhere to die.

1 Kings 19:4 King James Version 4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

Elijah had gone from a great victory to wanting God to take his life.
He still had the taste of victory in his mouth, yet the victory turned to guile in his mouth. Elijah knew that Jezebel was the one pulling the strings on Ahab. She was the one who had led him into evil. Yet, it would seem that on the hills of victory, Elijah’s faith had grown weak.

God did come to Elijah’s rescue and God put him in a place to save a woman and son from starvation and when her son died, God used Elijah to raise her son from death.

What do we learn from this? We learn to praise God for our victories and then we humble ourselves before God and pray that God will strengthen our faith for the new attack from the devil. After a great victory, we know without a doubt the devil will attack again and harder. We prepare ourselves by prayer and studying the Word of God.

We do not have to fall off of the mountain of victory. Elijah did not have the Bible as we have. The Bible teaches us how to put on the whole armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18 King James Version10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

God will prepare us for battle if we seek His face and ask Him to do so. As we edge closer and closer to the end of the Age of Grace, may we live for God in a way that is pleasing to Him. May we seek His face and build up our faith by daily spending time in the Holy Word of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 26, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Change or Acceptance

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

The devil can have us spend needless hours, having us rehash the mistakes we have made in the past. While it is important to learn from our mistakes, it is a waste of time and can lead to depression, when we torture ourselves over past mistakes.

Of course, there are things we need to seek forgiveness from the one's we hurt and God, but dwelling over them accomplishes nothing. We often are prone not to forgive ourselves. We can even seek to punish ourselves over past sins. We must remind ourselves that God has forgiven us and stop listening to the approach of the devil.

The devil wants to hinder our present work by having us suffer from past mistakes and past wounds we have sustained. This is when we turn them over to God and get back to working for God in the present. The closer we get to the rapture, the more the devil will work to hinder our work for God. Even our prayer life can be affected by satan’s whispering in our ears. We can tune out his voice by praising God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”To God Be The Glory”

Jude 25 King James Version 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Come brothers and sisters in the Lord, let us sing praises to our God and King. Let us rejoice in the wondrous things that He does for us, His children. May God take pleasure in the songs of praise that come from the grateful hearts of His children.

The world of uncertainty fades from our view as we take the time to commune with our Heavenly Father. When we are in His presence, He will surround us in His love. We partake of a little taste of what Heaven must be when we feel the touch of God upon us.

Jesus is our hope. He will sustain us during this lifetime and He will welcome us into His Heavenly Gates. May we not forget to offer our offerings of praise to God and may we rejoice in His wonderous goodness to us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2020
Happy Friday,

Wounded Christians

We were born into a sinful world. We were born into sin. Sin has caused us to wound others and to be wounded ourselves. Physical and emotional pain leaves scars. It would be great to say that, Christians never hurt each other, but we do. We must seek forgiveness when we hurt others and we must forgive when others hurt us.

The devil uses our wounds to inflict needless pain. He reminds us of hurts from many years ago and if we are not careful, we can begin to dwell on this hurt. When we do, we open our hearts to bitterness. We must learn to block this weapon of the devil, as soon as he starts.

Remind the devil that we have forgiven the one who hurt us. When the devil brings up our sins, we remind him that God has forgiven us. Pray that God will heal our wounds and cover our scars with His love. When we do, we would stop the cycle of suffering in our lives.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Confused World

Salvation is to be found through him alone; in all the world there is no one else whom God has given who can save us. Acts ‪4:12‬, TE

This world is confused about what it wants. We have some say that we need a Savior to come and save us. We have others say that we don't need a Savior because we have the power within us.

The truth is we do need a Savior. Sadly the world has rejected the true Savior; Jesus. This world will continue to speed out of control until the anti-Christ comes on the scene. The world which rejected worshipping the true God, the God who sent His Son to die on a cross to reconcile mankind to Himself, will worship at the feet of the devil.

Billions of people who rejected worshipping Jesus will worship the devil. They have rejected the God of Heaven choosing to worship Satan and by doing so are choosing eternity in hell. When they face God they will cry out for mercy, but the days of mercy will have pass. They made their own decision to choose self over God. In choosing self they chose the lies of the father of lies, the devil.

Christians let us continue to pray for the lost souls until the trumpet sounds or the trumpet blows for our going home trip. May God help us to be a light showing the love of God and the path to God as long as we can.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

When we were children, Christmas seemed to be so far away. There is something about childhood that made the time go slowly. As you get older, it seems time is rushing by. We can become discouraged because it seems the rapture is taking so long to come about.

We know we are living in the season for the rapture to, take place. There is no denying that the birth pains are coming faster. The closer we get, the harder the devil works to discourage us. He uses discouragement to weaken our faith in God.

Our Heavenly Father calls for us to dig deeper into our relationship with Him. When we do this, our faith will increase. When we take our eyes off of the circumstances around us and instead focus our attention on God, we can more easily see the big picture. We can see that everything that is happening is preparing the way for tribulation. God has been patient with our world rejecting His gift of salvation, but a judgment is coming. It is coming faster than the world realizes.

Hold onto our faith and refuse to listen to the devil’s lies. Jesus is coming for us. God help us to lay aside our fears and seek to live a life that is more pleasing to Him. Seek to serve God with a heart of gladness. We are children of hope. Hope for today, tomorrow, and eternity with God. Praise the Lord!
Betty

Philippians 3:14 KJV 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Children of Hope

The blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. (Titus 2:13–14)

We are living in perilous times. There is no doubt about it. Everyone I have talked to has concerns about the coming election.
The winner will decide if we continue on as the America we know or slide into a Socialist Country.

With so much riding on this election, people are nervous at the least and many are leaning into fear over it. Yet, we do not have to give ourselves over to fear. While we do not know what the outcome of the election will be, God does.

This is a time, to decide to trust God. When we put our trust in God, we can remind ourselves that God will be with us no matter what the election results turn out to be. We must choose to trust God. Our natural inclination is to fear. We must make a conscious choice to trust God. The devil will look for opportunities to slip fear into our hearts. This is when we rebuke the devil in the Name of Jesus and remind ourselves that God is in control.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2020
Blessed Sunday

You Must Be Born Again

John 3:7. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Christians often wonder why so very many reject salvation. One reason is they reject the idea of being born again. They do not want to give up all of themselves over to God. It's okay for God to answer my prayers, as long as I am in control of my life. They do not realize that there is freedom in letting go.

I remember there was a phase going on at one time when people would test each other's trust by falling back into the arms of another person. I admit that I could not do it then nor now. I admit that there is not a lot of people I trust. It is hard for many sinners to trust in God, to give God control of their lives. When they do they will find that God will never fail them.

People often attempt to reinvent themselves. They do not like their situation so they try to change. When we give ourselves over to God, He changes us. With His guidance, we change from a moth to a butterfly. God can take a bitter angry person and change them to a loving, forgiving, and kind person. God doesn't put siding over our old self. He changes us from the inside- out.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 18, 2020
Happy Saturday,

He is Faithful

Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

In good and bad times, we can find hope in the faithfulness of God. God’s faithfulness towards His people will outlast Heaven and earth. There are so many uncertainties today. We do not even know if by the end of the month if we will be in lockdown again, or not. We can know without a doubt that we can rely on God and His Holy Word.

In a world with so many uncertainties, we can put our complete trust in God. He is our hope for today and for our future. Whatever lies ahead of us, God will be with us. Lay aside our fears and let us trust our Heavenly Father. He has never failed us and He never will.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Walk in peace, knowing God is with us and He will never abandon us. Press onward towards the prize of an eternity in the presence of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2020
Happy Friday,

Focus On What Is Important

When Jesus started His Ministry, many thought that He would conquer the Roman Government and set up Israel as the new Kingdom of the World. When Jesus did not do this, many of His followers faded away.

Jesus did not come to earth to set up His Kingdom. He came to live among mankind, to die, and to rise again. Even His disciples did not understand that His purpose was to sacrifice Himself for the sins of mankind.

Mankind was only able to see the present. Jesus saw eternity. We too can get so caught up in this life, that we lose sight of what is important. What is a lifetime compared to eternity? Building up treasures in this world is not what is important. If we die a billionaire, we still cannot take even one dollar with us, when we die.

The health of our soul is what is important. The body we live in will one day decay. Our souls will live throughout eternity. The question is where will our souls go after death. If we have lived for our own self and our own selfish desires, our eternity will be the lake of fire. If we give ourselves to God and choose to live for Him, our eternity will be spent with God.

We must choose for ourselves. We do not inherit salvation. We must choose salvation or reject it. This life is fleeting and can end in a second. Will we choose to live for the devil of for Jehovah?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Let Us Not Fear Failing

But as for me, I will look to the Lord, I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:7–8, RSV

The devil would love for us to live in a perpetual cloud of fear. Fear to do anything for God, lest we fail. We must step up to the plate and work diligently for our Heavenly Father. We must not allow fear to overcome us.

Our Heavenly Father will walk with us. If we do fall, He will pick us up. Success often comes because a person kept going in spite of failures. We must choose to walk in faith. Remember the many times that God sustains you through a trial and brought you through the other side, victoriously.

Let us set aside our fear and put on the whole armor of God. Walking in the Spirit of truth. When the devil whispers words of confusion and fear, let us cover up his voice with songs of praise to our God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Preach,

thank you for sharing the words of God.
Betty

--------------------

Preacha24-7
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning brothers and sisters in Christ. Father God in the name of Jesus let whoever reads these Bible verses let it bless them and encourage their faith and growth in the Lord.

1Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. New King James Version.

1Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No matter what you’re situation is remember that God did not put us on this earth to lose. As born again Christians we are winners (Victorious) because of what Jesus did for us and all mankind at Calvary.

2Corinthians5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him All these Scriptures are from the New King James Bible

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 15, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Anger and Hate

There is so much anger and hate in this world. It is like a dark cloud hanging over mankind. As soon as we think that things are getting better, there is a new hate crime. We are standing on the cusp of a civil war. I believe it is only the love of God that is holding it back.

There is hate coming from so many sides. Racial hatred, Religious hatred, and hatred for those we think have it better than us. The devil has filled a cup with hate and people are drinking it up like water. It is easy to become fearful of what actions hate will lead people to do.

I saw a video of a young woman and her young child being beaten up by four people. A grown man jumping up and kicking the child in the back. The mom being kicked over and over in the head. This broke my heart. The hate is so strong that even young children are victims.

I wish I could say that things are going to get better, but they are not. We are living in a time of lawlessness. Things will only get worse. What can we do? Pray, Pray, Pray! Pray for the innocent. Pray also for the people who do not see that they are being used by the devil. They are headed for an eternity in hell. Pray that their eyes will be opened to the truth, so they can be saved.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 14, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Fearful Times

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

The days we live in are chaotic and strange. It would be easy to have stressed minds and fearful hearts. This is not what God wants from His children. He wants us to walk with Him with trusting hearts. We displease God when we do not trust Him.

Luke 21:26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Of course, we are concerned about the coming days. This is natural, but we must go to the Holy Bible and remind ourselves that God has warned us of these days. He also said He would be with us.

Isaiah 43:2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

We do not know what tomorrow holds, but we know that our God knows. We can find rest in these stressful times by remembering who our God is. These days will test our faith, but we remember to get into God’s Holy Word and seek His face in prayer, God will strengthen our faith.
Betty

Our God Reigns
1 How lovely on the mountains
Are the feet of him
Who brings good news,good news
Announcing peace, proclaiming
News of happiness.
Our God reigns; our God reigns!
Chorus:
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
Our God reigns!
2 He had no stately form;
He had no majesty,
That we should be
drawn to Him.
He was despised,
and we took no account of Him,
Yet now He reigns
With the Most High. [Chorus]
3 Out of the tomb He came
With grace and majesty;
He is alive, He is alive.
God loves us so see here His hands,
His feet, His side.
Yes, we know
He is alive. [Chorus]

Source: Baptist Hymnal 2008 #58

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2020
Happy Monday

Watching and Waiting

Luke 21:28 King James Version 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

There are two types of Christians. Those who give no thought to the soon return of Jesus and those who are watching the times and looking up. Jesus told us that when we saw the things that He spoke of begin to come to pass, to look up.

Jesus wanted us to know the times. For us to realize the times we were living in. As the Bride of Christ, we need to prepare hearts for the rapture. We need to pray regularly for God to search our hearts for any hidden sins so that we can repent before the rapture.

We need to use each opportunity that God gives us to share the Gospel with lost souls. We need to encourage our brothers and sisters in the Lord. This year has been a hard year. It is easy for God’s children to be discouraged. We should be praying for one another and encouraging each other in the faith.

This is not the time to coast. We want to run the race and receive the victory that God has for us. When we fall, let us get back up. Pray for God to heal our spiritual hurts and keep running the race for Christ. Press onwards towards the prize that awaits us for our faithfulness to Christ.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2020
Blessed Sunday

Voices

There are so many voices speaking today. We can become so overwhelmed with all the political talk, that we want to run from it.
It is not just political talk that can leave us shakey and confused.

The devil not content with all the souls he has deceived into rejecting God is going after Christians. You can find all kinds of false preaching on YTube. Preaching against the rapture, is one. There is even a group that rejects all the writings in the Bible by Paul.

Why the rapture? If the devil can convince people that the rapture is a lie, he takes away the urgency of accepting the gift of salvation. People can believe they can live a life of sin and then get saved during the tribulation. The Bible does teach a pretrial rapture.

Waiting for the tribulation to get saved is a very dangerous game. First of all many will die in accidents at the moment of the rapture. Second, the Bible says that after the rapture, God will, Himself send a strong delusion on mankind, so that they who rejected the truth will accept a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We are living in the Days of grace. The time of grace is coming to an end. When the rapture happens, the Days of Grace will end. Those who chose sin and self-pride over salvation most likely will lose their chance of salvation. They will accept the anti-Christ, worship him, and accept the mark of the beast. There will be no second chance of salvation.

As Christians, let us be careful of what voices we listen to. There are many great preachers and teachers on the YTube. We must verify everything we hear against the Word of God. The Bible must be the final Authority in our lives. Remember what the singers ’Casting Crowns, said about listening to the voice of truth.
Betty

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I’m in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
To the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He’s holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I’ve tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again, “Boy, you’ll never win!”
“You’ll never win”

CHORUS:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
And the voice of truth says, “Do not be afraid!”
And the voice of truth says, “This is for My glory”
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a Sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they’d have had the strength to stand

But the giant’s calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I’ve tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again, “Boy, you’ll never win!”
“You’ll never win”

CHORUS:
Out of all the voices calling out to me (Calling out to me)

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don’t seem so high
From on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

CHORUS:
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe
I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe the voice of truth
I will listen and believe
Because Jesus you are the voice of truth
And I will listen to you
You are…

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Restore My Soul

Psalm 23:3 - "He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake."

Walking in this world can feel like walking through a trash dump. We are subjected to profanity, just walking in public. People no longer control their language in front of their own children. Using the ’f’ word without any shame, but worse than that using our Heavenly Father’s Name as a swear word.

It is getting harder and harder to find a TV show without the same problem. Hubby wanted to watch a program called ’Yellowstone’. We quickly turned it off as they used the ’f’ word and God’s Name in vain.

There is so much evil in this world. We can become disillusioned and distraught, easily. When this happens cry out to God to restore our soul and cleanse us from the worldly filth we encounter. Remind ourselves we shall be soon going to a new home where no evil shall exist until then, let us trust in God and lean on His righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2020
Happy Friday,

”The Finest”

While checking my local news online and as came up for ”the finest grill”. This made me think. How often are we working harder to have the finest things and overlook the greatest thing? Sure! It may seem great to have the finest car on our street, but we cannot take that car with us when we die.

We, Christians can also get caught up in working so hard to have a great vehicle and overlook the condition of our souls. Are impressed by the fancy car a fellow Christian has to the point that we become envious? God help us! When someone gets a new car at Church we should thank God for blessing them, rather than saying: ”Why not me?”

Our main goal and focus should be on what God wants us to be. This life is fleeting, like a leaf blowing through the air. What is important is the condition of our souls? May God help us to focus on growing in Him!

James 4:13-14 13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Betty

It's too hot for the birds, today in the Houston area.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2020
Happy Thursday,

”Oops, I Did It Again”

Brittany Spears had a hit with the song by that title. Supposedly the song was about cheating on her boyfriend. Her boyfriend did not find it humorous and the relationship ended. We think to ourselves about how someone could take cheating so lightly, but do we treat God that way?

When we sin, is our reaction:” oops”? Does our hearts break when we fail our Heavenly Father? Do we cry out for forgiveness or so we just say a quick prayer for forgiveness without a real sorrow in our hearts? May God forgive us when we take our sins lightly. We must not get in a habit of using excuses for our sin, like blaming our parents for our tempers.

Even the world realizes that there comes a time when adults can no longer blame their family and where they lived for their mistakes. As an adult, we have to stand up and admit our faults. If we want a good relationship with God, we must admit our sins and failures to our God and humbly seek His forgiveness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Violence In The Streets

Proverbs 11:12 12 He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

We have seen far too much violence, looting, and hate, prowling the streets like a pack of rabid dogs this year. We need to remember this did not happen overnight. Hate has been building up in the hearts of people for years. Parents have passed on their hate to their children by their own example of hatred.

Universities are filled with liberal Professors who hate America and in their quest to bring in socialism and communism, they have polluted the minds of our youth. Now we have a generation of young people who loathe anyone who thinks differently than them.

This is not what God wants. Jesus taught us to love one another. We are to look past the color of skin and love the soul inside. No one is going to Heaven or hell because of their skin color. It is the condition of our souls that determines our final destination.

Mark 12:30-31 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Another driving force of hate is fear. Let us be honest with each other. Every race has evil, hate-ridden people. Because people have rejected God, they do not have God to give them peace. As Christians, we must not think we are holier than others. The devil would love to have a bunch of Christians give in to hate and fight in the streets like animals. We must love one another. We learn to love each other by praying for one another.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 7, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

I Want To Know You, God

When you meet that special someone, you do not always fall in love instantly. It is spending time and learning about each other that will open the door to our hearts. As love begins to grow, the more we want to spend time with each other.

When we learn about Jesus and the sacrifice He made to save our souls, we may choose salvation as an alternative to hell. Yet, as we begin to spend time reading the Bible and in prayer, we begin to love God. The longer we serve God the deeper our love for Christ should grow.

Yet, these will be times, that our love for God begins to weaken. This happens because we allow ourselves to become too busy to spend time with God. When we make the effort to spend time with God, He will give us His perfect rest. He will give us joy and peace. The more time we spend with God, the more our love will grow for Him.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Betty

May God grant you little diamonds of joy as you walk with Him, today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2020
Happy Monday,

I Do Not Understand

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

God has called for us to have faith in Him and to walk trusting in Him. Yet, we are prone to question. Questioning can be a good thing. We can not even imagine the many things that have been invented by questioning minds.

Three times Paul, asked God to remove a hindrance from his life. 2 Corinthians 12:9, was the answer God gave to Paul. Walking in faith, sometimes requires acceptance of a situation that God has allowed in our lives. A situation that often works like sandpaper. Polishing the drudge out of our souls and spirits. A process that can be unpleasant and painful.

Complete trust in God requires us to surrender ourselves to God. To lay aside our questions, doubts, and fears. When we attempt to walk in faith and yet still willingly carry our doubt we give into what James called double-mindedness.

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Hubby and I tend to be unsteady and walk with a cane or a walker. When we are doubleminded, this is how our spiritual walk is. We lean sometimes towards faith and sometimes towards doubting. This is displeasing to God and the more we lean into doubt, the weaker our faith grows. We must choose to walk in faith. The more we choose faith, the stronger our faith grows. Like a muscle the more you use it, the stronger it grows.

We do not always understand why God guides us down a certain path. The question is: ”Will we trust Him?”. Let us begin each day, seeking to trust God for the day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 5, 2020
Blessed Sunday

Strong Tower

Proverbs 18:10 New American Standard Bible10The name of the Lord is a strong tower;The righteous runs into it and is [a]safe.

So many of us, Your children are tired and overwhelmed. Many of us are suffering physically. Our minds are blasted, not only by the darts the devil fires into them, but are stressed by the evil around us. We run like chickens in a circle, going nowhere, and then we hear Your sweet voice, calling us to run to You.

Oh! What a marvelous, God, You are! From Your throne, You are still with us and You, You see our suffering and You really care that we are hurting in so many ways. You do not hide Your eyes from us, in our distress, but You call out to us and bid us to come and sup with You and abide in Your Holy presence.

When we obey and call out to You and seek Your Face, You surround us with Your peace and fill our frightened hearts with Your joy.
It is in these times that we begin to appreciate the majestic gift of being Your children. Our eyes are now focused on you and the evil around us begins to fade from our sight as we focus only on You. You, Our Heavenly Father, is our only Protector and our Provider. In Your Loving Arms, we can rest like a newborn baby in its mother’s arms.

Help us as we begin to go back to our chores, not to forget the glorious joy that You have given us. Help us to walk in Your love and keep our eyes focused on You and not our problems. Remind us that this present suffering is only temporary and we will soon be with You, where there will be no pain or suffering. Help us to walk in Your Spirit of Truth and to live our lives pleasing You.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 4, 2020
Happy Independence Day,

Happy Birthday, America

This year’s Birthday is not as glorious as past Birthdays. With the virus, celebrating is limited. With months of rioting, many people are feeling apprehension instead of joy. Faith in America has been weakened by politicians who have sought to divide us rather than unite us.

As Christians, we know that Bible prophecy is being played out in front of our eyes. Knowing this does not take away the pain of seeing our Nation seem to crumble around us. Yet, this could be the way for God to get our eyes off our Nation as being our protector and focus our eyes on our true protector, the God of Heaven.

We should still be thankful to be born in America. For now, we still have Religious freedom. It is true that we are losing freedoms a little at a time, but for today, let us take the time to praise God for the freedoms we do have. We are still blessed by God. Today let us be thankful for what we have and remember the joys of the past that God has granted us as Americans.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 3, 2020
Happy Friday,

Fear Not Our Tomorrows

Matthew 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

We have seen in this country, what happens when people allow fear of the near future overwhelm them. Just months ago, you could not find toilet paper or hand sanitizer in the grocery stores. We watched a video the other day that suggested 15 food items to keep on hand at all times. The man doing the video said not to go out and purchase all the can meats on the shelves but by a couple extra each time you shop. The video reminded me of when we lived in Washington State and the government advised keeping a two week supply of everything you would need in case of an earthquake.

We do not have to live in panic mode, but trust in God. What does it profit us if we live in terror today over what may or not happen next week, next month, or next year? I awoke from a bad dream this morning. In my dream, my dementia had gotten worse and I was at a ladies' meeting at Church making tea and I left the water on while making tea in the Church's kitchen and caused water damage. The ladies were upset about the damage and I was crying. When I woke up, I begin to fret about the future and God reminded me that He will be with me in the future and not to worry.

We need to remind ourselves often, that God will not abandon nor forsake us. Just as He is supplying our needs for today, He will supply our needs for tomorrow.

Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Keep our eyes on Jesus and keep looking for our blessed hope, which is the rapture. Trust God for today and tomorrow. Remember God is our provider.
Betty

Titus 2: 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Prayer

New Christians and even some of us long time Christians can use a teaching on prayer. Many of us don’t pray as much as we should. After my kids were grown and out of the house, hubby and I got out of the habit of praying for our food. It was not that we were not grateful for what we had, we just did not think about praying a blessing over the food. About twenty years ago we begin to do so, again and I am glad we did.

We can also get busy and forget to pray. There were times in my life that I would only remember to pray right before I went to sleep. It was through trials and tribulations throughout my life that I learned to pray short prayers throughout the day.

It is not about the length of prayers but speaking to God from our hearts. A previous Pastor taught us to begin our prayers with praise. I like doing that, but they're also prayers of desperation. Quick prayers said in a moment of instant need. You see a driver losing control and you cry out for God to prevent an accident. There are also times we are in public and we feel led to say a silent prayer for a stranger. These are quick prayers but heartfelt prayers.

Prayer is us talking to God, just like we would a friend. When we began to share not only our needs but our hearts with God, we will find our relationship with God, growing and developing. We should be honest in our prayers but respectful. Be truthful with God. When I was so sick for the first two years with colitis but Doctors could not find out what was wrong with me, I learned to pray more honestly with God. Telling Him how much I hated the misery I was going through but also expressing my love for Him and my willingness to accept His will for my life. This lead to a better relationship with God for me. We will not always understand why God allows us to go through things, but we can trust that God knows best.

These days we are living in can lead to fear, but if we keep a daily conversation with God, we will be more at peace. We also need to pray more for others. Many of us have family members who are sick and need our prayers. We should pray daily for lost souls. Remember, prayer is not a job but a gift from God. If we talked to the President every day or someone else that we think of as being important we would feel blessed. How much more blessed we are to talk to the One who created all things, including us!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 1, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

God Wants to Direct Us

I believe most Christians can have a crisis of faith at times. The other night I watched a video of a Preacher who was talking about three dreams that God gave him last year. One dream has come true already and that was the beginning of the pandemic.

It was the third dream that brought my heart to fear. He dreamed that in September something that would happen that would bring fear and chaos to our Country. We can see the possibilities of this already. People blocking off freeways and roads and terrorizing people. People hiding in their homes and garages too afraid to go out.

This is already beginning to happen in our Country and others. There was a truck driver who was pulled out of his truck for driving down the highway and beaten by a mob. There is a video out there of an elderly couple trying to cross the street (the woman walking with a walker) and the mob stood around them and refused to allow them to move.

In Houston, we have had mobs take over freeways. We have seen what mob mentally can lead to. Innocent people just minding their business can be seriously injured by people who do not even know them.

We know that the world is being prepared for people to become so desperate for peace that they will gladly give over their Countries to a One World Government. Yet seeing it played out is fearful and distressing. We must remind ourselves that this is not our home not our final resting place. God is preparing a place for us, where there will be no fear, nor violence.

More than ever looking for our blessed hope should bring us peace. We may need to seek God more than ever for our faith in Him to keep us steadfast in our walk with Him. My friends, we have come too far to abandon our faith in God and give in to fear and lies from the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 30, 2020
Happy Tuesday.

“I Will Guide You”

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

We are in uncharted territory. With the pandemic it seems as if the government is the blind leading the blind. If we are serving the God of Heaven, we have a guide that sees and knows all. He wants to lead us through the days ahead.

We must lay aside our fears and put our complete trust in God. Look back on your past years as a Christian. How many times did God guide you through turbulent times? He did not abandon you nor did he fail you. Yet, if you are like me, there are times that I allow fear and uncertainty to control me.

This, not the time to become mentally unhinged, but to put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father. Lay aside our fears and remember who God is. God is not a man that He should lie.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

The more we love God, the more we should trust Him. He has proven Himself over and over to us, now is the time to prove our love for Him, by being faithful and trusting children of God.
Betty

Play "He's Been Faithful"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
 The easy, fast & fun way to learn how to sing: 30DaySinger.com
In my own suffering
Through every pain every tear
There's a God who's been faithful to me

When my strength was all gone
When my heart had no song
Still in love He's proved faithful to me

Every word He's promised is true
What I thought was impossible
I've seen my God do

He's been faithful
Faithful to me
Looking back He's love and mercy I see
Though in my heart I have questioned
And failed to believe
He's been faithful, faithful to me

When my heart looked away
The many times I could not pray
Still my God was faithful to me

The days are spent so selfishly
Reaching out for what pleased me
Even then God was faithful to me

Every time I come back to Him
He is waiting for open arms
And I see once again

He's been faithful
Faithful to me
Looking back He's love and mercy I see
Though in my heart I have questioned
Even failed to believe
Yet He's been faithful, faithful to me

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 28, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”Wise Men Still Seek Him”

1 Kings 19:17-18 17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.
18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

The devil likes to convince Christians that we are alone in our faith. Truth is we are one of many and all over the world, people are still coming to Jesus for salvation. God is still convicting hearts and bringing souls to salvation.

In spite of the evil all around us, there are still people who worship and serve God. The Holy Spirit is still working and God is still on His throne. The Devil is working hard and evil abounds but God is still reaching lost souls for His Kingdom.

The question is: ”Are we still praying for lost souls?” Let us not give up but, keep working for the Kingdom of God until the Age of Grace ends. We must choose to be faithful and willing to work for the cause of Christ. Serve God with an obedient and joyful heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 27, 2020
Happy Saturday,

I dreamed that my parents were praying over me, that God would bless my Ministry. When I woke up I began to praise God and pray for God to continue to use me for His Glory. I actually felt like I had been in a Revival meeting. I feel truly blessed.

It is a wonderous feeling to wake up feeling the Holy Spirit’s anointing on oneself. In these difficult times, it is a joyful event for God to reach out to us in our dreams to bless and encourage us.

There are so many Christian’s suffering today. The devil is attacking on many sides and he wants to cover Christians with a spirit of discouragement. On the other hand, God wants to build us up so that we can stand strong in our faith and in trust in Him, during these evil days.

Let us look up to God with our feet planted in righteousness and our hearts filled with faith in God. Praying that we stay firm in our convictions and that the devil be not able to shake our faith or blow us off the path that God has chosen for us.
Betty

My faith looks up to Thee

Audio Player

00:14

1x

TextPianoGuitar
My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior Divine;
Now hear me while I pray;
Take all my guilt away;
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my Guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
All thru life’s transient dream,
Until death’s sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll,
Blest Savior, with Thy love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Make me Thy grace to prove
Transform my soul.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 25, 2020
Happy Thursday

The Spirit of Rebellion

The first sin ever committed was when Satan and the angels that followed him, rebelled against God in an attempt for Satan to take God’s Throne. The second was when Satan convinced Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Mankind has been rebelling against God ever since.

1 Samuel 15:23 King James Version (KJV)23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

"Is God Dead?" was an April 8, 1966, cover story for the news magazine Time. A previous article, from October 1965, had investigated a trend among 1960s theologians to write God out of the field of theology. The 1966 article looked in greater depth at the problems facing modern theologians, in making God relevant to an increasingly secular society.”

The world had begun to leave God out of their decision making and they're personal lives. No longer did people fear God. In time people begin to live in open rebellion against God. This spirit of rebellion has grown to the point now that people are in rebellion against any kind of authority. This has lead to hatred towards the police and government.

Of course, there are bad apples in every field of work, but people are angry and resent anyone who would tell them how to live. Satan has filled mankind ’s hearts with hate, anger, and rebellion. A recipe for lawlessness that we are seeing played out on city streets all over the world.

The world is ripe for a leader that will come on the scene to bring safety and peace. People have rejected God, who loved them so much that He sent His Own Son to die for them so that mankind could be reconciled with God. Instead, with open arms, they will embrace Satan who is the father of lies and pure evil. Satan does not care about mankind. In his intense hatred for God, his one desire is to turn people against God and force mankind to worship him, instead.

Ever since sin entered into the heart of mankind, Satan has been leading mankind to an eternity in hell and mankind has followed him with open eyes. Blinded only by their sin of rebellion against the God of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 24. 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Anger and Hate

America is not mentioned in the Bible during the time of the tribulation. People often wondered what kind of outside force would destroy America. We are now seeing that America is destroying itself.
Americans are filled with hate against each other and anything that represents America’s past.

Statues destroyed and dragged through the streets. Now people are demanding that white statues of Jesus be destroyed. This is no surprise to God and He must be amused at the antics of people.

Psalm 2:4-5 King James Version (KJV)4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

People are so enraged and so angry that the slightest thing can set them off. I saw a young man walking on a sidewalk the other day, knock a 92-year-old woman to the ground. Now she is terrified to leave her home.
Self-control is out the window and people are acting out their hate in vandalism and violence.

People are filled with evil and acting on it. I often wondered how the anti-Christ would be able to get mankind to come to war against God. Now we know the answer. You take hate-filled people and with just the right spark they will be enticed to fight God in hand-to-hand combat.

There is only cure for this world and that is repentance and humbling themselves before God. Unfortunately, people are too filled with self pride to humble themselves and admit their sins. For too long people have embraced their sins and wore them as a badge of honor.

Revelation 22:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 22, 2020
Happy Monday,

A Firm Foundation

2 Timothy 2:19 King James Version (KJV)19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Our salvation is secured in God. God will not drop us out of His hand.
We can go to asleep at night secure that if we passed away during the night, we will wake up in the presence of our Lord and Savior.

We are traveling through this world, being preparing for our future home with God. Learning as we go to trust in our Heavenly Father. The more we walk with God, the more we grow to love Him. The more we love Him, the more we seek to please Him.

With joy we look forward with great expectation to when we will join God in Heaven. Knowing this life is temporary, should lead us to strive to store up our treasures in Heaven, where no one can destroy or steal them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 21, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Our Way In The Dark

There are times that we can begin to feel like we are stumbling in the dark. We feel we are being attacked on many sides and we are hopeless against the devil’s schemes. Yet, if listen, we will hear the sweet soft voice of the Holy Spirit, reminding us that He has never left us.

Sometimes we need to shut ourselves away from all the outside noises into our prayer closet and talk to our Heavenly Father. A quiet time of refreshment in the Holy Presence of our God and Savior will settle our racing hearts and bring comfort and peace to our hearts and minds. In the presence of God, we will find the strength to make it another day. We can rise up from our despair and walk in hope of the Glory of our God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 19, 2020
Happy Friday

A Lost Cause

Hebrews 10:22 King James Version (KJV)22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

We are not fighting a loss cause. God is so good that He has already shared with us the ending of the story. The winner is God. Lay aside fear and doubt knowing what the final outcome will be, we need not live in fear.

We still must have faith in God, because while we know the ending, we do not what tomorrow will bring. Yet we need not live in torment because we know God is with us and will always be with us.

We are not a lost cause individually. God is still working on us and in faith, we can continue to grow spiritually. Prayerfully, put on the armor of God so that we can withstand the evil one.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 18, 2020
Happy Thursday.

“Am I Productive?”

Am I growing in the Lord, or have I become stagnant? Truth is we do not always know. At times we do seem to standing still in our walk with God. Even worse, there are times we seem to be taking a step or two back.
There are days that we feel weaker and that God seems further away.

In days like these, we can grow discouraged and disheartened. There are days when we feel so close to God, as if to reach out and touch His face. Then there are days that we feel we are stumbling around in the dark.

It is not always that we have moved away from God, but there are times physical issues play an issue in this. We do not feel well and we are physically tired. I had injections in my head, Tuesday for the pain caused by dementia. This time the aftermath has been more painful and after days of suffering. I feel discouraged.

I know that I am not the only one whose physical issues affect or seem to affect our spiritual health. This is the time when we need to remind ourselves that our physical health is not a barometer of our spiritual health. Even as health issues drain us physically we can stay strong in our faith. It will take extra communication with God through prayer, Bible reading, and listening to good Bible teaching.

We have had to watch less of the news, because these days are indeed discouraging. We need to remind ourselves that God is still on His throne and not pacing the floor in fear of the world’s present situation. Whatever happens we are secure in the arms of God. Allow God to use us for His Glory and pray for others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 17, 2020
Happy Wednesday

The Rock of My Salvation

Psalm 18:2 King James Version (KJV)2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Satan is stirring up evil, like a stick poked in a yellow jacket’s nest. Even the strongest men are afraid of what comes next. We MUST remind ourselves that not only is God in control but He is our protector. In the Bible, God warned us of these days.

The hate that is filling men and women’s hearts is from the devil. While the Bride of Christ looks upward to Heaven, knowing our Redemption is coming very soon, the devil is preparing the world to worship him.

Luke 21:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

The devil must make the world filled with chaos so that he can usher in what he sees as his future kingdom on earth. The truth is, the devil will have his 7 years of monarchy on this earth. These seven years are called by God ”Jacob’s Troubles. These will be the time of judgment on this earth on those who rejected Jesus and receive the mark of the beast.

The Bible tells us this mark will go on one right hand or the forehead and no one will be able to buy or sell without it. When people receive this mark they will pledge their allegiance to Satan. Satan will come as a ’savior’ of the world bringing peace for a time, but soon he will demand that all people worship him. Anyone who receives this mark are doomed to hell.

Christians let us pray for the anointing of God upon so we can stay strong in the coming days. Pray that God will strengthen us so that we can stay strong in our faith and trust in God. Whether we live or die, God is with us. Time to get our spiritual house in order and pray God will remove any evil from our hearts so that we can stand unashamed before our God and King.
Betty

Dottie Rambo - I Go to the Rock Lyrics
Artist: Dottie Rambo

Where do I go when there's nobody else to turn to?
Who do I turn to when nobody wants to listen?
Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable?
I go to the Rock, I know He's able, I go to the Rock

I go to The Rock for my salvation
I go to the stone that the builders rejected
I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me
When the earth all around me is sinking sand
On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand
When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock

Where do I hide till the storms have all passed over?
Who do I run to when the winds of sorrow threaten?
Is there a refuge in the time of tribulation?
When my soul needs consolation, I go to the Rock

I go to the Rock for my salvation
When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock

I go to the Rock for my salvation

When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to The Rock

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 15, 2020
Happy Monday,

Reading the news can cause one to go back to bed and pull the covers over their head. The world is filled with hate toward one another. Sin has caused people to hate people without cause. People embrace sexual sin as if it were a badge of honor. How it must grieve God to look upon this world!

While it is heartbreaking to see such evil abound in this world, we must remember that evil will not win. There will be justice. Until then we must trust in God and not fear.
Betty

Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 14, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

“In Times Like These”

We live in fearful times. A pandemic followed by rioting. Peace seems so far away, but we can have peace with God. When we remind ourselves that God is with us, we can rest peacefully in the arms of God. The answer to rising fear, is to remind ourselves that God is with us. He will not abandon us.

We need to take our eyes off our circumstances and trust in God. We need not fear the days, when we cling to our Lord and Savior.
Betty

In Times Like These lyrics

In Times Like These
(Ruth Caye Jones - Mother Jones)
In times like these, we need a Savior
In times like these, we need an anchor
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
This Rock is Jesus, The only One
In times like these oh be not idle
In times like these we need the bible
That Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
That Rock is Jesus, The only One
Be very sure, oh you've gotta be sure
That your anchor holds, and it grips the Solid Rock
Your anchor it holds, and it grips the Solid Rock
In times like these, I have a Savior
In times like these, I have an anchor
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
That Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
That Rock is Jesus, The only One
Be very sure, oh you've gotta be sure
That your anchor it holds, and it grips the Solid Rock

Play "In Times Like The…"

Submitted by Guest
Correct

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Soften My Heart, Oh God

Ezekiel 36:26–27: “I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.”

Soften my heart, Oh God that I might hear the soft voice of the Holy Spirit calling out to me and convicting me of my sins. Remind me to seek forgiveness for my sins daily. Create in my a kind spirit of forgiveness towards others.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Search my heart and convict me of any hidden sins so that I may seek forgiveness from You, My God, and My Savior. Help me to live every day in a way that is pleasing to you. Use me for Your Glory and Your Kingdom May we as your children seek to honor you, God, with our prayers and our praises.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

The Value of Two

Two are better than one . . . : If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. Ecclesiastes 4:9–10

As Christians we are often guilty of devaluing the advantage of having a partner. We need someone, whether it be our mate our a friend. Someone to encourage us when life makes us feel discouraged. Some one to encouraged us when become tired and want to quit.

Depression causes one to seek to hide in ourselves. Hiding in our depression and hiding our pain. We need to talk to God about our issues also to talk to a friend. We can build one another up, but reminding each other that God loves us.

There is no shame in admitting that we need an emotional lift. We need not be ashamed of depression. Everyone has suffered from depression. Admitting our weakness, opens the door to healing. Hiding only multiplied our doubts and fears. We cannot ask help from God, if we will not admit that we have a need.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2020
Happy Thursday,

They Preferred Darkness Over Light

John 3:19 King James Version (KJV)19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Many of the people of the world, especially in America and Europe prefer to live in darkness. They prefer their sins over the light of the Gospel. Chelsea Clinton bragged that she convinced her parents to leave the Baptist Church because of the Church’s stand on abortion. I have my doubts about her thinking of this on her own. This said’ the family chose to leave the teaching of the truth for a false Gospel.

People begin to ignore Scriptures that teach what they do not want to hear. They prefer to stay in the darkness of Satan over the light of the Gospel. Many fool themselves that God will accept them, even though they believe opposite of what God said.

They have built a new ‘jesus’ and a new Gospel in their brains. This ‘jesus’ is no more real than a robot Jesus would be. They are satisfied, though to walk in sin and ignoring the truth of the real Jesus.

This is why you see ‘Religious Leaders’ in front of an abortion clinic praying for their ‘ jesus’ to bless planned parenthood. Why the leader of Planned Parenthood, said that she is doing the work of God. They have convinced themselves that they are praying to the God of Heaven, but their God is Satan. They are carrying on the missions of Satan and not the true God.

Little by little giving themselves over to a false god because they want to feel that they are going to Heaven, but in fact their going to hell with their false god, Satan. They love their sins more than the true God of Heaven. In their pride, they have rejected the truth and turned away from the light of the truth of the Gospel.
Betty

I had a tiny tiny little bird at the feeder. His little head looked like it was clothe in black velvet. I feel blessed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 7, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Fear Not

Fear

Let us be honest. We have a lot of things to worry, fret, and fear, about these days. Will Joe Biden win and turn this Country into a socialist Country? Will we end up with a race war? What if the rioting and vandalism get so bad, that I am not even safe in my home? If you live on the coast you wonder if a hurricane will take everything you have.

Faith

God is not unaware of what is happening. Our job as a Christian is to trust God to protect us.

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

What if our fears come true? We are still commanded to trust God. God’s plans often differ from ours. This is when we are to hang to our faith in God and trust Him. Our faith is suppose to be a steady faith and not a faith that moves with the winds of fear and change.

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

God has warned of these days. We need not be taken off guard by the wickedness of this world. Jesus said the last days will be like the days of Noah. These are not the days when cotton candy, sugar coated Sermons are needed. We need to wean from the bottle and get into the meat of the Gospel. Even if we cannot find brave Preachers where we live, we have the Internet. On YTube we can watch good preaching by men who are willing to speak the truth, even when it is not popular to do so.

God will be with us and He will never abandon us. He will walk with us through the fire and the floods. We must seek His Face more and read His Word, so that our faith will increase. We must shun those who teach prosperity and security when we live in a sinful. We walk by faith and not by sight looking forward to our eternity in Heaven.
Betty

The male red Cardinal has visited regularly. I thank God for my diamonds of joy.

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement