Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 9)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 18, 2022
Happy Monday,

Yahweh is My Strength and My Song

“Promise #108:
You can trust in Me, for I am your strength and your song.

Isaiah 12:2 (WEB)
Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for Yah, Yahweh, is my strength and song; and he has become my salvation.”

God is our salvation, protection for today, and hope for the future. In all circumstances, we can trust Him, for He knows us better than we know ourselves. We need not walk in fear when we put our trust in our Heavenly Father.

There are things about today that we do not understand. God has not asked us to understand everything but to trust in Him. He gives us the strength to walk through the storms and puts a song in our hearts whereby we can worship God in all things.

Hebrews 12:2
English Standard Version
2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus endured the cross to pay and secure our salvation. We need to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Let us be grateful for our salvation and choose to walk in faith and truth.

Philippians 1:6
English Standard Version
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

God will not abandon us. He filled us with His Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation and the Holy Spirit will be with us until we take our last breath on the earth. Troubles come and go but God and His Spirit are with us for the long haul.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 16, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Keep us From Growing Confused

“Daily Prayer for April 16
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7, NIV
Lord our God, we come seeking to find community with you and ask you to keep us in your truth throughout all that occupies us in our daily lives. Keep us from growing confused about truths we have already found through the witness of your Spirit in our hearts. Keep us in your truth so that we can hold firmly to our course on earth under the many hardships and burdens that try to drag us down. Help us to remain steady and to find the path that goes straight ahead, leading us on and on to your final goal. Amen.”

I am growing confused about the date lately. Today I thought we were in September. Thankfully my Tablet shows the date and day for me. Confusion about the date can be embarrassing, but getting confused about the teachings of God can be catastrophic.

The devil and his false teachers would love to creat confusion in our minds about the teachings of God. Just remember my friends if what someone is teaching us is contrary to Scripture, run away from them.

Hebrews 13:8
New King James Version
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

1 Timothy 6
New King James Version
Honor Masters
6 Let as many bondservants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed. 2 And those who have believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brethren, but rather serve them because those who are benefited are believers and beloved. Teach and exhort these things.
Error and Greed
3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the [a]doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 [b]useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. [c]From such withdraw yourself.

Run away from false teachers. Be assured Jesus has not changed His teaching. God has not changed His mind about sin. We must accept the truth of the Gospel. No matter how kind a lie sounds, it is still a lie. Lies from the devil will send many souls to hell. God has given us the truth.
We must humble ourselves before God and accept the truths of God. We must turn away from our sins for we cannot enter Heaven, if we choose to live in sin. Heaven and Hell are eternal. We must choose wisely.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Hate Abounds

A person just has to watch the news, read the newspaper, or read a news article on the internet to see that evil is growing in leaps and bounds. Some of the things happening today are just sickening.

God warned us about these days. These days we need to seek time with our Heavenly Father more than ever. When God warned us about these times, He did not suggest that we cower in fear. He said for us to look up for our redemption draweth near.

Rejoice my friends for our time on earth is coming to an end. Serve our Heavenly Father with joy and gladness as we look with great anticipation to being in our Heavenly Home.
Betty

https://youtu.be/p-R57HfrhvE

The Cathedrals - Wedding Music Lyrics

Is that wedding music I hear?
The bride's adorned and ready to appear
There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music that I hear?

The family is preparing for a wedding
All have been invited to attend
The bride is standing ready, waiting for the signal
When the Groom says, "Rise, my children, come on in"

Soon we'll rise to leave this land of sorrow
For that ceremony in the air
The Father then will lead us through the holy land of splendor
Have you made your preparation to go there?

There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music
Oh, is that wedding music that I hear?

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Is God The Driver or The Passenger?

“Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.”

It used to be common to see bumper stickers on a car with the words:” God is my co-pilot.” It sounded good but it is wrong. God is either the pilot of our lives or we have kicked Him to the curb. God insists on being in control. If we are honest with ourselves, things go better when we surrender to God’s authority.

We cannot serve God and ourselves. We must choose to surrender authority to Him or face the consequences of making wrong choices. While God’s plans are not always what we would have chosen, His plans are always the best.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Travelers

“Daily Prayer for April 12
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21, NIV
Lord our God, draw us to yourself. Draw us into the quiet that you give, where something can happen to us and to our hearts. Help us to discern your kingdom surrounding us and in our spirits to live in this kingdom. Then our life will be as if in heaven, where we need not worry or torment ourselves, where your power is everything to us, penetrating our earthly life, which so often weighs us down. We thank you that you have made a way of strength, full of power to hold us firmly, so that even when we stumble, we cannot be turned from the goal. We thank you for all the good that comes from you, which we cannot see in earthly things but which can invade our hearts with such mighty and uplifting power. Amen”

As children of God, Heaven is our home. We were born on this earth for a purpose. The purpose of living is for living for God and fulfilling the plans He had for us. Fulfilling our purpose not only brings joy to our Heavenly Father but it brings joy to our lives.

There will be trials and troubles in this life, but we can look forward to an eternity in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. When we enter Heaven we will see the end results of obeying God and working for His Glory. What a glorious joy will be ours when we behold our Savior face to face!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2022
Happy Monday,

Fear not! God Promises to Never Leave You

“Fear not! God promises He will never leave you nor forsake you
“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8.”

This morning hubby sat up to take a drink from a drink from his nightstand and I told Him that I did not want to be alone. This brought up a memory from surgery or the recovery room, I am not sure, but three separate times I asked the person not to leave and they promised not to.

This morning God reminded me that He would never leave nor forsake me.
There are things we go through that a person cannot be with us, but even when we cross the river of Jordan the Holy Spirit will be with us.

My daughter spent the night with me at the hospital the day of surgery, which I greatly appreciated. At 70 and with onset Alzheimers, I feel more vulnerable these days.

We are living in trying times and many people are fearful. My dear friends, we need not live in fear. If we have given our lives and souls to Christ, He will be with us through every storm and every battle. We need not even fear death for death is just a door opening up into Heaven. We need not fear living for God is with us. God is with us in all circumstances and whatever happens, we can feel secure.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Seek Relief and Comfort in God

“Daily Prayer for April 10
For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. Romans 14:7-9, NIV
Lord God, unite us with Jesus Christ, the risen and living One. Unite us so that our lives are completely submerged in your will through Jesus Christ. Tear us loose from all that tries to bind us to earth. Make us free people who always lift their heads and look up because their redemption is approaching. Almighty God, we trust in you, however difficult the times may be. Remember all peoples, for it is your will to gather them into your kingdom. You, O God, are our refuge and our help. In you we trust until the end. Amen”

Recovering from surgery is hard and painful, but we do not need to feel overwhelmed when we take our needs to God. Whatever troubles you have in your life, take them to Jesus. Jesus will help us if we just ask. Do not allow pride or self-doubt to keep us from seeking God in all our times of trouble.

God hears our prayers, not because we are so great, but because He is so great! Even in our weaknesses and pain, we can rejoice that we serve an awesome God. Give God the sacrifice of praise in all circumstances. Remind ourselves that God will never abandon us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 7, 2022
Happy Thursday,

We Are Chosen By God

“Promise #97:
I have chosen you to be like My Son so you could be part of My family.

Romans 8:29 (WEB)
For whom he foreknew, he also predestined
to be conformed to the image of his Son,
that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.”

Tomorrow I will be having major surgery. I have no fear, for God will be with me. I do not know what the Doctor will find, but God knows. We do not have to fear the unknown for God knows all. We can take rest upon His promises and find comfort in His love.

Do not fear the things going on in the world, for God is in control. One of my favorite sayings is: “Everything is not falling apart but falling into place!”.
The world is pushing for digital currency. The world elite wants to control everyone. Do not allow this to make you fear, for this means we are getting closer to leaving this earth for Heaven.

Jesus gave up His earthly life and suffered great pain and humiliation so that we could become a part of His family. Let us not take this great gift of salvation for granted. The price of our salvation was high but God sent His Son to earth to pay the price for us.

There is no sin that is worth missing Heaven. This is the time to lay down our sins at Jesus' feet and turn away from sin and seek to live in righteousness. The reward for living in righteousness will be worth any loss.

Maranatha,
Betty

P.S.

Philippians 1:21
New King James Version
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I seek to live in the will of God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

When We Grow Old

“Promise #96:
I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 (WEB)
and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.
I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.”

When we grow old, there is a tendency to feel like we have been put out to pasture, that we are no longer worth anything. God tells us that even when we become elderly, He will be with us.

What a joy to know that even in our older days, we are still valuable to God. His love for us does not wane and if we are willing, we can be still useful to the Kingdom of God. God is with us at the beginning and He will be with us when we take our final breath. Let us be just as devoted to God as He is to us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2022
Happy Monday,

70 Years

Today I am 70 years old. If my teenage self could see me now, she would be shocked. Life has a way of changing us, some good and some bad. Yet God has been with me all the way. I am thankful that I got saved at the age of 7. Between my fear of mama and God, I stayed out of trouble.

No matter our age we can be thankful that God was with us and guided us. Yes, there were storms, but God was with us through them. God uses storms to sand away the rough spots and the fire to make us shine for His glory.

May God help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. Let us make pleasing God be our foremost goal in life. Through it all, we can live in victory when we put complete trust in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Take Your Anxiety To God

Psalm 94:19
New International Version
19 When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought me joy.

We all have times of anxiety and stress. This does not mean we have lost our faith in God. We live in a stressful time. We deal with job and family issues. Many of us have health issues. Some of us are still dealing with a loss of a loved one.

God is not unaware of our circumstances. He calls us to bring our concerns to Him. It is in Him that we will find comfort and rest. When we lay our problems at Jesus' feet and trust in Him, He will guide us and bring the solutions that we need to carry on. We can walk away with joy in our hearts for we know for certain, that God will always be with us and He will sustain us and give us the victory.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2022
Happy Saturday,

When A Sermon is Preached Not Everyone
Reacts the Same

The disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid. 
Mark 10:32

The congregation hears the same sermon, but all will not react the same. Some will hear God’s message and their hearts will soften and they will accept. Some will let the words go into one ear and out the other ear. Still, others will become angry because they are offended by the truth.

The Holy Spirit calls and convicts, but we must choose our own response. When convicted of our sin will we ask for forgiveness and turn away from our sins? Will we make excuses for our sins? Even worse will we harden our hearts towards the warning from the Holy Spirit.

We can harden our hearts to the point that the Holy Spirit will cease to speak to us. This is very bad for those who choose sin over salvation. We choose our reaction. Unknowingly, many our choosing eternity in hell over Heaven. Jesus died to save us from sin, not to make us comfortable living in sin.

Let us be like David and ask God to search our hearts for hidden sin and convict us so we can repent and turn away from sin. We should want to live sinless lives and when do sin, ask for forgiveness as soon as we are aware of sin in our lives and turn away from sin. We are playing a dangerous game when we grow content sinning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2022
Happy Friday,

Today is the Day To Chose Life

Hosea 10:12
New King James Version
Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.

As we get closer and closer to the rapture, time is running out for people to get saved. While it is true that there will be people who do get saved during the tribulation, no sane person wants to be here for that.

Those left behind have no guarantee that they will be able to get saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:5-11
New King James Version
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only [b]He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

God is long-suffering but there will come a time when God will say enough is enough. Then He will come and get His children and take them to Heaven. Then the time of judgment will come for those left behind. People who chose sin over salvation. People who chose to believe the devil's lies over the truth of the Gospel.

My friends believing the truth of God’s word will soon make us outcasts to the majority of people. They will consider us delusional and foolish. Do not allow this to affect us. We have chosen to trust in God and let us pray for the courage to endure to God calls us Home. As Apostle Paul said, keep our eyes on the finish line and the prize of Heaven that awaits us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Amen

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
March 31, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Be Available

As children of God, let us be available to His call. May God help us to step out of our comfort zone and obey Him. When we are willing to do this, not only God will help us to be stronger in our faith, but He will be with us.

When we have a willing attitude towards the call of God, we will find ourselves surprised by the different things that God will ask us to do. In my journey with God, I have moved across the Country twice. Each time God took away my fear of change and gave me peace.

I lived in Montana for three months and Washington State for four years. I have lovely memories from both places. My obedience led to spiritual growth and I have no regrets.

The best way to please God is to be open to His plans and to trust Him to be with us when we obey His call. May God help us to be available!
Betty

Choose Jesus

Josh Shields
March 29, 2022

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Joshua 24:15

The wilderness can do strange things to people. Those we thought were solid, steady, and stable can be the first to become shaky while in the wilderness. Life does not quit coming when the wilderness presents itself.

What should have been an 11- or 12-day journey turned into 40 years of wandering because of a choice, a choice that not only affected Moses, but all those of his generation that God had delivered out of bondage. Why do we seemingly forget so soon the goodness of God? How come we tend to lose sight of the blessings of God when we see the first dark cloud appear?

We spend more time complaining, measuring, and compiling information about the storm, wilderness, or wasteland, instead of reminding believers around us what God has and will do in our lives. Joshua reminds Israel, it was a choice that got you here, and it will be a choice that gets you out of here to the Promise Land.

There is a song George Jones sang that said, “I’ve had choices since the day I was born. There where voices that told me right from wrong. If I had listened, no I wouldn’t be here today, living and dying with the choices I’ve made.”

So, let me be like Joshua today and tell you to remember tomorrow’s blessing rides on today’s obedience. Tomorrow’s consequence rides on today’s choice. Tomorrow’s response rides on today’s request. Just like Joshua said, remember what God has done for you and choose wisely today for tomorrow.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Be Available

As children of God, let us be available to His call. May God help us to step out of our comfort zone and obey Him. When we are willing to do this, not only God will help us to be stronger in our faith, but He will be with us.

When we have a willing attitude towards the call of God, we will find ourselves surprised by the different things that God will ask us to do. In my journey with God, I have moved across the Country twice. Each time God took away my fear of change and gave me peace.

I lived in Montana for three months and Washington State for four years. I have lovely memories from both places. My obedience led to spiritual growth and I have no regrets.

The best way to please God is to be open to His plans and to trust Him to be with us when we obey His call. May God help us to be available!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Going Home

“Promise #89:
It is precious for Me to see My faithful ones come home.

Psalm 116:15 (WEB)
Precious in the sight of Yahweh
is the death of his saints.”

We often talk about how excited we will be when we walk into Heaven’s gates. It was not until I read Psalm 116:15, that I realized that God is looking forward to seeing us enter Heaven. What a glorious thought to realize that God finds the thought of us entering into His Holy presence is precious.

Getting together with family is great. Talking over memories together is fun. One day we will enter Heaven and have a family reunion with all our saved family members who have gone before us. What a glorious time that will be! Yet the greatest moment will be when we see Jesus face to face!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Choose Wisely

“Promise #88:
I prepared a kingdom inheritance for you when I created the world.

Matthew 25:34 (WEB)
Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;”

Spending eternity with His children was not an afterthought for God. God intended to spend eternity with us even before He made us. What a glorious thought that God knew mankind would sin before He made us, yet He chose to mas mankind.

Before He made us He has already made a plan of sacrificing His Son to make redemption possible for mankind. God’s plan was always for us to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

Unfortunately, just as Adam and Eve chose sin over the Garden of Eden, millions of people choose sin over an eternity in Heaven. They give in to the devil’s lies so much that they either stop believing there is a God or they choose their sin over surrendering themselves to God.

We can only serve one master when we choose to serve ourselves over God then our sinful desires become our God. For those who choose to serve God, there is an eternal reward waiting for us. Unfortunately for those who choose self, there is an eternal hell waiting for them. We can not blame God, for we decide our eternity, ourselves. Choose wisely.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
March 28, 2022
" Not realizing that 70 years of enjoying your sin is not worth the eternity in hell that sin will cost them."

Just a correction that I always forget my self.

-

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

-

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 28, 2022
Happy Monday,

Jesus is Indeed, Coming For His Church

2 Peter 3:9
King James Version
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Christians and sinners alike, are wondering why the rapture has not happened. It is not that God has forgotten nor has He changed His mind. He has His plans and we that are watching can see the pieces falling into place.

We must look at this time of waiting as opportunities to work for God and share the Gospel. We all have family and friends who have said that they do not want to hear about Jesus anymore. While we must honor their decision, we can still pray for them.

Prayers to God are never wasted. Yet God gives us each of us the ability to choose for ourselves. Sadly some people choose sin over Heaven. Not realizing that 70 years of enjoying your sin is not worth the eternity in hell that sin will cost them.

A President in the past made fun of people who cling to their guns and the Bible. There will come a time that He will wish that he had believed what the Bible says.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 26, 2022
Happy Saturday,

When Our Plans Are Changed

“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” - Proverbs 16:9 NIV

Six months ago our lives changed in a way that broke us. Our son’s death changed us so many ways and was heartbreaking. It took time to get to the point that we were willing to submit to God’s will, but in return, He began the slow process of putting the pieces back together.

We will never be the same and in many ways that is a good thing. We have been reminded that life is like a vapor and can slip away unexpectedly. We have also learned that through the worse times of our lives that God is with us. When we feel so weak that we fear that we cannot carry on, we learned that God will sustain us.

Last night we got together at a restaurant for a meal and to remember our son on his birthday. My daughter asked Jeff’s daughter ( 2 and half) to say Happy Birthday to her dad. Instead, she sang happy birthday to her dad. Thankfully my daughter was able to film it. Her sweet little voice singing to her dad in Heaven caused us all to cry happy tears. A little child in her innocence taught us that there is still hope after loss.

There are many things that can change our plans. Sometimes it is a good thing that can happen but often it is a hard unexpected thing that happens. When this happens we do not have to lose our faith in God. It may take time to accept God’s will, but when we do, He will give us peace, hope, strength, and love. We can trust Him to get us through when we trust in Him.
Betty

B. B. McKinney, 1886-1952
Verse 1
Have faith in God when your pathway is lonely,
He sees and knows all the way you have trod;
Never alone are the least of His children;
Have faith in God, have faith in God.
Chorus
Have faith in God, He’s on His throne;
Have faith in God, He watches o’er His own;
He cannot fail, He must prevail;
Verse 2
Have faith in God when your prayers are unanswered,
Your earnest plea He will never forget;
Wait on the Lord, trust His Word and be patient,
Have faith in God, He’ll answer yet.
Chorus
Verse 3
Have faith in God in your pain and your sorrow,
His heart is touched with your grief and despair;
Cast all your cares and your burdens upon Him,
And leave them there, oh, leave them there.
Chorus
Verse 4
Have faith in God though all else fail about you;
Have faith in God, He provides for His own;
He cannot fail though all kingdoms shall perish,
He rules, He reigns upon His throne.
Chorus

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2022

We Do Not Have All The Pieces

Tomorrow will be my son’s first birthday in Heaven. There is still a part of me that cries out to God, asking what was the point of taking Jeff away from his wife and family. His whole family misses Him.

I have been working on a puzzle for several weeks. I am down to the last part and none of the pieces fit the blank spots. I got so frustrated a few minutes ago I got the box to put the puzzle back and was surprised to find over 20 pieces in the box. There is no wonder why I could not put it together.

Life is like that. We only see life from a limited view. God sees our beginning, the middle, and our end in this world. It is because our view is limited that we can not comprehend the whys of God’s will. This is why we must trust God. It hurts so much not to have Jeff with us, but we can take comfort that he is not lost but with God in Heaven. He has finished his race and now He lives in eternal victory. One day we will join him, but for today we seek to carry out God’s will for our lives here on this earth.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2022
Happy Thursday,

“An Appointed Time”

Daily Prayer for March 24
“For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, in quietness we come to you and ask you for your Spirit. We ask this especially for the time of waiting still required of us as we hope and strive for light to come into all hearts, for light to shine where there is so much death. We must not despair of our inner life even when life around us rages as if it would **** us down into its whirlpool with no way out. But you will guard us. Watch over us, we pray, also in hours of temptation, so that we may remain under your care. Watch over us so that we have hope and joy in you, assured that your goal for us all is true life from above, a life of resurrection. Amen”

We can become weary waiting for the rapture. The devil will try to convince us that it is never coming or it is decades away. Truth us, God never told us to spend our time trying to figure out when the rapture will be. He told us how to know what season it will happen and we know that we are in the season, because of the birth of Israel.

Knowing that we are in the season should motivate us to work for God and pray more than ever for lost souls. We see wickedness grow in abundance around. We see things falling into place for a one-world government and religion. God has opened our eyes to the times we are living in.

The devil and his demons are working to bring doubts and fears to the hearts and minds of Christians. Knowing this we know that we need the whole armor of God more than any other time.

Of course, we need necessities like food and shelter, but this is not the time to become obsessed with acquiring luxuries. Let us instead focus on our spiritual health. God will provide for our needs. Let us pray that God will help us grow spiritually and live in a way that is pleasing to Him. This is the time to become more Heavenly minded. Let us be more about Christ pleasing and less concerned about what the world thinks of us. Reminding ourselves that the world hated Christ and the more we become like Christ the more the world will hate us. When our time is ended on this earth it will be Christ that will judge us and not this world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Be Thankful

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Colossians 4:2

No matter what circumstances we are in, we can have a thankful heart. There are so many things to be grateful for. God is gracious and good to His children.

As we live each day, we pray that God will help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. We pray that we grow spiritually and develop compassion and kindness for others. May the Holy Spirit will help us to not disappoint God nor bring shame to His Name. Let our voices lift up praises to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

The Greatest Adoption

Daily Prayer for March 22
“He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Ephesians 1:5-6, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you as your children. Grant that we may come to your Spirit, that something of trust and perseverance may be born in us for our life on earth. May we always be loyal and full of hope, working and striving not only for what is earthly, but for the tasks that have been laid on us for your kingdom and its righteousness. Let new light shine out among us again and again. Let many understand when your voice is speaking to them, so that they may gain courage. Let your voice be heard so that the great gospel that makes us your children may be proclaimed to people of all circles. Amen”

Before we were even in our mother’s womb God had predestined us for adoption into His family. What a marvelous gift that God bestowed on us before we were even born. This is something to remember not out of pride but when the devil says that God does not love us. God loved us before we were even born.

It is because of this great gift, we should be joyfully sharing the Gospel with lost souls. Our hearts should be so on fire for God so that people can see that there is something different about us.

When we go through bad times, let us pray that we stand strong in our faith so that others can see the strength of God flowing through us. When we feel weak pray for God to strengthen us. When doubts attack us, read His Word so that our faith will grow.

Romans 10:17
New King James Version
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Pray that God will help us live our lives for God and live in a way that is pleasing to Him. Seek guidance from God to walk in His truths and righteousness. Comfort ourselves in the knowledge that He is coming back in the clouds to welcome us to join Him for eternity.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
New King James Version
The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [b]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2022
Happy Monday,

There are days that you just do not feel close to God. What should we do? We pray and sing praises to God. When we do this we will draw close to God and He will draw close to Him.

Do not allow our emotions to dictate our faith. Even when we feel bad, we can still have a strong faith in God. When we are weak, God is still strong and He will help us and strengthen us. Trust in God in all circumstances. Do not waver like a leaf in the breeze but stand firm in our faith in God.

May God bless you today and guide you in His will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 20, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

“Jesus Take the Wheel”

Just like the song says, there are times that we need to just step back and allow God to work in our lives. No matter how smart we think we are, we do not have the wisdom of God. While it's true, that He takes us down paths that are foreign to us, He always knows best.

The big thing as Christians is that most of us need to work on is trust. We are not in complete trust if we are questioning every move that God makes in of lives. Often we need to remind ourselves to surrender ourselves to the will of God. When we do we will find peace.

Then start singing praises to God. It is amid our praise that we will find joy. Even in grief and difficult times we can be joyful in the Lord. As we praise God, He will comfort us and give us peace.
Betty

Nehemiah 8:10
Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 19, 2022
Happy Saturday,

“I Will Give You My Strength”

“Promise #78:
I will give you My strength to help you stand in high places.  

2 Samuel 22:33-34 (WEB)
33 God is my strong fortress. He makes my way perfect.
34 He makes his feet like hinds’ feet, and sets me on my high places.

The Amplified Bible says 2 Samuel 22:33-34 this way... 33 God is my strong Fortress; He guides the blameless in His way and sets him free.34 He makes my feet like the hinds' [firm and able]; He sets me secure and confident upon the heights. (AMP)”

When my son died, not only did I not have the strength to survive, there were times I did not want to survive. The pain was too much for me to survive, but God gave me strength each day, and recently I have been able to pray “Thank You, God, for another day”.

Whatever we are going through God will give us the strength to press through to the other side. If we keep our eyes on God and trust in Him, we will come out on the other side victorious, and stronger Christians.

As Christians, we should want to grow in the Lord, but we don't want the struggles we have to go through, to accomplish this. This is not news to God, but His ways are the best. If we choose to go through our trials with trust in our Heavenly Father then we will grow mature in our faith.

Our choice will determine our outcome. Let us choose to walk in faith and trust God during the hard times, reminding ourselves daily that God is with us and will NEVER forsake us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2022
Happy Friday,

My dear friends, please bear with me today. I am having some brain issues today. I can tell you with confidence that whatever we are going through, God is with us. Even with the little things God is there to encourage us and keep us going.

Often it is a combination of little things that cause us to lose our temper. It's like being poked with a strait pin over and over. When we cry out to God, He doesn't lose His temper with us but comforts us and gives us peace. He gives us rest under the shelter of His wings.

Too often we wait until we are overcome to call out to God. Fearing that God is too busy to deal with our little problems. This is a lie from the devil. If it is important to us, it is important to God.

The more we communicate with God the sweeter our relationship with Him grows. We serve a mighty God, yet He is gentle and kind with us just like a father. Teach us, God, to trust in You more and appreciate You more.
Marantha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

MArch 17, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Remain Steady

“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31–32, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you in the Spirit. Through your Spirit gather us and many others on earth around our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Savior of humankind. May our hearts become truly free because you deliver us from all bondage to our own natures and to the world around us. As free people may we be led safely through distress, fear, and want, through need and death. May we become happy children whom Jesus Christ has called to life, children who are not discouraged by the struggle but who fight joyfully for your kingdom until it can be revealed to all the world. Amen.”

It is important that we remain steady in our belief in God’s Holy Word. There are so many teachers and Pastors in the world that have drifited away from the truth. Sadly, they do not wander from the truth alone, but have with their influence persuaded others to follow them into false beliefs.

In these last days, the devil is seeking to lead Christians astray from the truth. People who go astray and are now following and believe false Gospels.

2 Corinthians 11:1-4
New King James Version
Concern for Their Faithfulness
11 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the [a]simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

We can stay firm in our faith by judging every teacher with the Bible. He or she may have great charms, but does their teaching line up with what the Bible says. Just because the teaching is pleasing to the ears, does not mean it is from God.
Betty

2 Peter 2
New King James Version

Destructive Doctrines

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction [a]does not slumber.
Doom of False Teachers
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to [b]hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of [c]dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.
Depravity of False Teachers
12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption, 13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to [d]carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, [e]carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, 14 having eyes full of [f]adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man’s voice restrained the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, [g]clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness [h]forever.
Deceptions of False Teachers
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who [i]have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of [j]corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into [k]bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

“I Am With Thee”

Zephaniah 3:17
New International Version
17 The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.”

There are times when we feel alone. It is not that our family is not there for us but in the dark of night, we can be overcome with the feeling of loneliness. Our troubles seem bigger in the dark of night. Yet, God tells us time and time again in His Holy Word that He is with us and He will never forsake.

“Promise #75:
When you pass through the waters, I will be close to you.

Isaiah 43:2 (WEB)
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned,
and flame will not scorch you.”

The devil seeks to overcome us by fillling our hearts and minds with doubts and fears. He gets us so focussed on our troubles and the circumstances that we can lose sight of God.

This is when we must do as King David said and that is encourage ourselves in the Lord. When the devil talks doubt into our minds we remind ourselves of the many promises of God.

We are walking through a time of uncertainty. We are living in the last days. We must encourage ourselves and remember that our redemption is closer than ever. The birth pains are growing stronger and coming more quickly and if we do not stay focused on God, we will become fearful. We must choose to stay focused on Jesus and pray for more faith and peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 15, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Serve With Your Whole Heart

We know that God is offended by lukewarm Christians, so when we serve Him and others let us work with a heart that is on fire for God and strives to please Him in everything we do.

It does not matter how unimportant our job may seem to us, it is important that we do our best for Heavenly Father. When we work for God out of love for Him, our work will be blessed. It does not matter if no one sees what we did. It is only important that we do what we did for God.

As we live in this world with strife on every side. Let us seek to do God's will and ask God to comfort us and give is peace, during these trying times. Remind ourselves everyday of our future in Heaven when there will be perfect peace and joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14, 2022
Happy Monday,

Help Us Be Content.

Promise #73:
I will never abandon you.

Hebrews 13:5 (WEB)
Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have,
for he has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.”

Lord Jesus, help us to be content with what we have. Help us to be appreciative children and not envy others. Guide us on the right paths and keep us from danger. Help us to speak the truth with love and never waver from what your Holy Word says is true.

Cover us with your mercy and protection. Teach us Your Word and guide us to walk in righteousness and truth. Let us be a light to
the loss, a comfort to those who are struggling, and compassionate to the grieving. There is so many suffering today give us kind, gentle hearts and remind us to pray for one another.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13,2022
Blessed Sunday,

I Am With You

"Promise #72:
I am with you and I will help you because I am your God.

Isaiah 41:10 (WEB)
Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."

God saying " I am with you" is not a platitude, it is a promise from God. It is a promise that He is not going to forget us or lose sight of us. Like sheep we may wander but God will never abandon us.

We can depend on God's promises even when we are walking through grief or walking through uncertain paths. He will be with us and when we cry to Him, He will answer.

There is an old Hymn called "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus". When we trust in Jesus we do indeed find joy. When we believe in His promises, we find contentment.

There is so much talk not about possibly a Third World War, let us not become fearful but remember that this world is not out home and one day we will enter our Heavenly home, where there will be no talk of war, lawlessness, or evil. Until then, may God help us to keep our eyes on Him and our faith strong in Him.
Betty

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus

Audio Player

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more.
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 11, 2022
Happy Friday,

"Justified Through Faith"

Daily Prayer for March 11
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1–2, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may share in the community of your Holy Spirit. In community with you our earthly troubles fall away and we remain in your peace in spite of all our failures and shortcomings, in spite of all the toil we must gladly take upon ourselves. Watch over us. Keep our hearts unshaken, clear, and steady. Keep us in the certainty that your kingdom is coming, is already beginning and can be plainly seen, so that all people can receive the good you have planned for them. Be with us this night. Amen."

Every person must choose salvation for themselves. No one can choose for another. We cannot beg God to allow anyone in to Heaven. It is the choice of each person to choose God or the devil. Of course most everybody will deny that they chose the devil, but by not choosing God, they choose the devil.

I heard a person say that a loving God that would send anyone to hell is evil. Truth is that a God that does not choose for mankind. Each person is given the choice to choose God or to refuse God. No one who refuses salvation through Jesus, will walk through the gates of Heaven.

We can chose to be justified by faith in Jesus Christ or we can chose to stay in our sins. If you chose Jesus as your Savior, you MUST turn away from your sins. You cannot live in sin and live for Jesus. Each person makes their own individual choice. No sin is worth going to hell for.

Life is so short and eternity has no end. The little pleasure sin gives is nothing compared to the eternal joy of being with God for eternity. We must choose wisely.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 10, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Love with people can sometimes die. God's love is eternal. We can trust God with all of our heart. He will never fail us.

He may take us down dark roads at times and we may feel alone, but God will never forsake or abandon us.

We will find Him when we seek with all our heart. We cannot be a half Christian. We are either completely in or we are out.

Matthew 6:24
Open menu
New King James Version
Open menu

You Cannot Serve God and Riches
24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and [a]mammon.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 9, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

"A Common Life"

"Daily Prayer for March 9

But if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, then we share together a common life, and we are being cleansed from every sin by the blood of Jesus his Son. 1 John 1:7, NEB
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you as your children, whom you know how to gather. You have brought us into community with you in a wonderful way, in the midst of a world full of unrest, full of misery, and full of sin. For you know your children and lead them into community with you. You comfort them. You give them strength of faith, and confidence in your rulership and your kingdom, which will prevail over everything evil and deathly that still seems to control humankind. But your dominion reaches far, far beyond. You will keep us in your hands. For the sake of those who trust in you, you will send your grace and your help into the whole world. Amen."

What a wonderful thought that we could share a common life with Jesus. Even more wonderful is knowing our sins are cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus.

We live in a evil world, where evil seems to grow by the day, but this does not mean we have to partake of evil. With the help of Jesus and the Holy Spirit we can walk in righteousness. When we do this we can live with a joyful heart even amid attacks from the devil.

We may be struggling at times and yet in the midst of these God gives us peace and joy. Often through times of grief and struggles we find ourselves growing spiritually. When we do this, we are serving God and we will be rewarded for staying true to God.

Do not be conformed to this world or except their lies about sin, but instead trust in the truth of God's Holy Word. Pray for strength and guidance and draw close to God, so that we are not led astray by those who teach half-truths and right out lies.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 7,2022
Happy Monday,

Come To God With Child-like Faith

"Promise #66:
I delight to reveal My kingdom to those with a childlike heart.

Matthew 11:25-26 (WEB)
25 At that time, Jesus answered, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants.
26 Yes, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight."

A young child believes almost everything an adult says. They have a trusting heart. As we get older, we want everything proved to us. While it is wise to be less trusting when we deal with mankind, we should have complete faith in God.

God is not a man that He should lie. His promises are true. He is always faithful. God reveals things to His children because we trust Him. The wise of the world are prone not to trust God and want God to prove Himself. Yet, even if God preformed a miracle in front of them, they would take apart what they saw, looking for a magic trick and ignoring the reality.

Let us always have a child-like faith. May we always strive to please God, before man. When we believe in the truth of the Gospel, we will lose the respect of some. Remember in the end we will be judged by God and Him alone. The more we love God the more we want to please God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 6, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

"Grow Where God Plants You"

Death and circumstances can make us feel that God has taken us out of our pleasant garden and moved us to a plot that is hard and nothing seems to grow there. We can fuss at God and pout or resolve with God's help to grow and blossom.

There is a reason that God allowed our circumstances to change. We most likely do not know the reason, but we are to trust God to know best. In our new garden, we may grow smaller blossoms but they may be more fragrant. As we grow closer to God, we will grow sweeter. The more we trust God the stronger our faith grows and we will indeed have a sweeter fragrance that we will produce.

It will take time for new growth to show. The beginning growth begins with the root system. Remember we need stronger roots to withstand life's storms.

Pray for Ukraine and her people. Pray for lost souls in Ukraine and Russia, that they may open their hearts to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 5, 2022
Happy Saturday,

The Distress of Life

Today, I am overwhelmed. Stress has overcome me and left me weak and confused. Troubles longer from yesterday and new ones today. Yet in these moments I can hear the soft voice of God reminding me that I am not alone.

Life can be hard on us all. There is always a new trouble to deal with. If we are not careful, we can become so focused on our problems that we become blinded by them and can no longer see God.

It is when we cry out to God that we find peace. Our troubles may not feel but God gives us the strength to fight our way through our troubles. May God help us to see and hear Him amid our troubles.
Betty

Psalm 36:5-12
New King James Version

Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

Your righteousness is like the [a]great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O Lord, You preserve man and beast.

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.

They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.

For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.
Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You,
And Your righteousness to the upright in heart.
Let not the foot of pride come against me,
And let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.
There the workers of iniquity have fallen;
They have been cast down and are not able to rise.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 4, 2022
Happy Friday,

Keeping Our Eyes On Jesus

"Daily Prayer for March 4

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1–2, NIV
Lord, our God and Father, we thank you for letting us walk in the way of Jesus Christ, for helping us on the way to the Cross. Come what may, we belong to the Savior, and we are your children. We want to be joyful and full of faith, full of hope, full of patience, for your mercy leads us on. In all we experience how often we can say, “Thanks be to God. He has helped us here, he has helped there, he helps every day in spite of all the evil in the world. Praise and thanks and honor be to him forever!” Amen."

There are so many things in this world happening that it is so easy to lose our focus on God. Just watching the news can send us into a bout of depression. I am not staying not to watch the news. We need to stay informed. Pray over what you hear. Pray for families who have lost loved ones. Pray for Ukraine and her people, especially for their souls. Pray for our Country which is divided.

We can all see that sin is destroying this world, but we serve a God that is able to comfort and give grace to His children. We need not fear for our God is always with us. Do not give up but trust in God more and more. This world is getting ready for the tribulation and soon God's children will be gone.

The last couple of months I have been health issues, and have major surgery coming soon. I can tell you that God has never left me nor have I felt a bit fearful. God's peace has filled my heart and soul and whatever happens I am filled with the joy of the Lord.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 3, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Grass Grows and Then Withers

In the last 6 months we have learned how quickly death can come and change everything in our lives. Yet it is still so easy to get wrapped up in unimportant things and ignore the important thing, even the eternal things.

As our love for our Heavenly Father grows, so should our desire to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. We must be aware of those who have left the teaching of the Gospel and have accepted the teaching of false Gospels.

Jesus gave us the Gospel for our salvation and not to amuse us or entertain us. Picking up our cross and following our dear Savior is not something for the weak. This is why we must pray that we grow spiritually strong. We must not be weak minded but be strong in faith and trust in God. When we are strong, we will more easily recognize the lies of the devil and his followers.

When things get hard, remember our best life is not on this earth but in Heaven. We are accumulating rewards for Heaven by living for God each day we are living on this earth.
Betty

1 Peter 1:13-25
King James Version
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 1, 2022
Wednesday,

Six Months

Six months ago, today, my world changed forever. God chose to take my son home to Heaven. I did not want to get out of bed today. I wanted to hide. Yet, God has brought me comfort and has helped me to let go.

A parent never gets over letting go of a child. But, I have hope because I know he is with God. Pray for Sarah, Jeff’s wife. This day will be much harder for her.

We do not know what is going to happen with Russia. Will they stop with stealing Ukraine? Only God knows. Knowing that God is in control of this earth should bring us comfort. The leader of Russia is flexing his muscles and carrying out his personal agenda but one day, God will stop Him in his tracks.

For now, fear not the times we are living in. God warned us of how the last days would be and everything is coming into place. Stand strong in your faith and rejoice in your future in Heaven.

I miss Jeff so much, but he can talk to God, face to face and experience joy that we will never know until we too our in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 28, 2022
Happy Monday,

God Uses Bad For Good

“Daily Prayer for February 28
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Psalm 57:10-11, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you have always been gracious to us, revealing your great goodness and power in ages past and in the present. In this revelation we live, O Lord our God. You are the almighty One, who works wonders on earth and who rules the heavens so that we can be blest and helped on our earthly paths. Let your goodness and your justice be revealed throughout all the world. Arise, O Lord our God. Let your light shine in us who believe in you. Let your light shine into the whole world. Let your name be glorified. You are indeed our Father, both in heaven and on earth. You give our lives security now and in eternity. Amen”

The world is falling into place for God’s plan for the end times. Russia attacking Ukraine is bad, but God is producing good through it. We see the people of Ukraine calling out to God. I saw a video yesterday of two Ukrainian soldiers protecting civilians in a hidden place and while they were there they shared the Gospel. Out of this terrible war, people are finding eternal salvation. Praise the Lord!

It is easy for us to question God when bad things happen, but remember God never allows anything to happen without a reason. God expects us to accept His will by faith, but if He told us why, let’s face it, we would try to get involved and ‘help’ Him. God does not need our help, but He does expect us to trust Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 27, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff

As human beings, we can allow little things to overwhelm us. Almost every morning when I make my coffee I try to put the coffee cup lid on the sugar bowl and the sugar bowl lid on the coffee cup. I used to allow that to upset me, realizing that it is the Alzheimers that is affecting me.

Then I realized I cannot fix my brain so why allow this little thing to ruin my day. Everybody has issues and we can all allow a little thing to upset the apple cart. Fix what we can and leave the rest to God.

Pray for the people of Ukraine. Pray that God will bring salvation to souls on both sides of the conflict. Pray for our lost loved ones and friends. Pray for the soon return of Jesus for His children. Pray for those who mourn and for those who suffer physically.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 26, 2022
Happy Saturday,

“Maker of Heaven and Earth”

“Daily Prayer for February 26
I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1–2, NIV
Lord God Almighty, Lord our God, our refuge for ever and ever, bless us as we gather in your presence and turn to you. May we be your children, who can simply believe and stand firm in our lives and in our calling. We thank you for giving us your grace and constant help. In your grace we can be joyful, praising and honoring you. You are our father. You never forsake us. May your name be praised by us all. May your name be praised above and in the whole world so that all people may acknowledge you and receive what they need from you. Amen”

We often forget the power that God has and in fact as human beings, we cannot even measure the power of God. Yet, there are times that we doubt the ability of God to answer our prayers. We allow satan to fill our hearts with doubts and fears. We become troubled and anxious, unnecessarily.

These are the times to remind ourselves that the God we serve is all-knowing and bigger than any problem we can ever face. This is when we should sing songs of praise to not only bless God from our hearts but to open our hearts and minds to more faith in God. We remind ourselves as we sing that we can trust in God in all situations.

God has given me a diamond of joy on a cold rainy day. The bird feeder is filled with tiny birds eating and blessing me with their presence. Rejoice in the Lord today and glorify His Name!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 25, 2022
Happy Friday,

“Don’t Worry, Be Happy”

This was a popular song at one time and I liked it, but a better title would be: “Don’t worry, trust God”.

“Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7, HSCB)

We will have times of uncertainty in our lives. Waiting for results of a biopsy. Waiting to see a specialist to get a biopsy. Waiting to see if a loan is approved. There are many kinds of things that we have to wait on that can add uncertainty to our lives.

When we look at the scheme of things, we realize that worrying will not do anything but add stress to our lives. When we let go of worrying and trust God, He will give us peace. With this peace, we can wait patiently knowing that God is in control.

We do not know what is going to happen with Russia, but remember God does. Nothing will happen that God does not allow to happen. We can talk to God about our concerns, pray for Ukraine, and relax and trust God.
Betty

Philippians 4:6-7 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.   (Read More...)

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Matthew 6:25-34 - Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?   (Read More...)

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Matthew 6:34 - Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.   (Read More...)

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:31 - What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.   (Read More...)

1 Peter 5:6-7 - Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:   (Read More...)

Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 28:20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 24, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Be Ready to Work

I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Psalm 16:8 NKJV

There are times when we are trying to work for God that it seems like everything goes wrong. We can be tempted to think that that the job is not meant to be. For the most part, this is not true. It is not usually God telling us to stop but the devil.

The devil does not want us to work for God and he will try to divert us in, anyway, he can. This is when we must resist the devil take a few minutes to gather our thoughts and then press onward for God. No matter how small our work for God may seem, our work for God is important.

Do not compare your work to others. Even the smallest screw in a machine can cause the machine to dysfunction if the screw is not in place. Let us step up into our place and do our work for God out of our love for Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

When we lose a loved one, we lose a part of ourselves. This is the truth that we cannot pretend away. Yet we can gain something from tragedy. We can draw closer to God in a way we never thought possible. God is willing to fill us with His love.

Death makes a wound that makes a scar that never goes away, but God is able to make the scar bearable. There will be times that the wound causes unbearable pain, but Jesus calls us to seek Him and find peace. When we surrender to God’s will, we begin to find comfort.

So many things going on in this world today. So many Countries are on the edge of war, and yet we can live in peace, knowing that whatever happens that God is with us. We look at Canada and we see how easily freedoms can be taken away from the people by their Government.

We must remind ourselves that everything is falling into place for the tribulation and with that knowledge, we know that Jesus is coming soon. We are so close to our blessed hope being fulfilled.

Titus 2:13
King James Version
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

May God help us to live for Him, while at the same time looking for that blessed hope.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 21, 2022
Happy Monday,

“She Has Done A Good Work For Me”

Mark 14:6
New King James Version
6 But Jesus said, “Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a good work for Me.

How marvelous it would be to hear God say those words about us! How wonderful to fathom God being pleased with the work we do for Him! Our motivation and goals should be to please God in everything we do.

With all my health and thinking issues, there are times that I disappoint family and friends. I don't like disappointing others. I always want to do my best, but sadly, my best is not what it used to be. I pray with all my heart that I am not a disappointment to my Heavenly Father.

My friends, seeking God’s approval should be the most important thing that we do. Walking in His Will should be our ultimate goal. Pleasing God will not be politically correct. There will be times that people in the world will be offended by the stand we take for God. We must choose to please God above all!
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement