Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names / Christian Search Engine
Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 2, 2021
Happy Monday,

Living To Please God

“Galatians 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 1 Thessalonians 2:4 - But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”

We have many responsibilities in life. When we were growing up we were reponsonsable to our parents. When we worked, we answered to our boss. When we are parents we are responsible to take care of our children.

As Christians, we are responsible to God. We should live in a way that is pleasing to God. When we do so we are much happier. Sometimes it is not easy to the right thing but it is always for our good to make the effort.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 4297 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 31, 2021
Happy Saturday,

A Person of Prayer

King David said that he was a man of prayer in Psalms 109. May we be able to say the same about ourselves. When we are harassed by others, may our response be prayer, rather than anger. When we grow afraid, may we respond in prayer. When we face the unknown, but we pray before any reaction. When we are in physical pain, let us cry out to God.

Too often, prayer is our last result. Prayer should be first on our agenda. God help us to pray throughout the day. Let it be said of us that we are a person of prayer.
Betty

1 Timothy 2:1
New King James Version
Pray for All Men
2 Therefore I [a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

Psalm 28:2
New King James Version
2 Hear the voice of my supplications
When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

Psalm 143:1
New King James Version
An Earnest Appeal for Guidance and Deliverance
A Psalm of David.
Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 4297 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2021
Happy Friday,

Why Me?

My short-term memory is getting worse. I was working on my coffee when hubby asked me a question and then I could not remember if I had put sugar in the coffee. I reminded myself that it was no big deal that I could taste the coffee.

My title is why me, but the truth is I have never asked God why He allowed me to get Alzheimer's. I do not need to know why. I just need to know it is part of God’s plans.

King David was concerned about the wicked prospering and seemingly having no problems. Truth is, we can look around and see evil people who have gotten away with horrible things, and yet they remain in powerful positions.

For many many people, this earth is as close to Heaven they will ever see. Do not envy their positions or their wealth. We have a future in Heaven where the wealth cannot even be numbered by man.

Every day we are allowed to walk with Our Heavenly Father. This is another gift that cannot be measured in money. This morning I found myself singing the chorus to “I Need The Every Hour”. Praise God for always being with us and never forsaken us.
Betty

I need thee every hour
Most gracious Lord
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford

I need thee oh I need thee
Every hour I need thee
Oh bless me now my savior
I come to thee

I need thee every hour
Stay thou near by
Temptations loose their power
When thou art nigh

Every hour I need thee
I come to thee

I need thee every hour
Most holy one
Oh make me thine indeed
Thou blessed son

Every hour I need thee
I come to thee

Oh I need thee

I need thee

I come to thee

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Be Willing Servants of God

I use to like silly comedies like Gilligan’s Island and I Dream of Genie, now I like watching true crime dramas and old Columbo movies. Our desires and needs change as we age. At 69, I find I do not need so much stuff as when I was younger. I need less drama and more peace in my life.

As we get older the work we do for God changes. In my forties, I helped my youngest sister (who was a Pastor’s wife) take down a wall at their Church and helped her carry heavy tables upstairs. I could not do that today.

As we get older and develop physical challenges we may not be able to do the work we did in the past. This does not mean we are useless to God. God is always happy to use that are willing. When we give ourselves over to God, He will find a place of service for us. What is important is that we serve God with a willing heart? Pray every day that we will be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit so that He can guide us and help us not to miss opportunities to do what God assigns us to do. Be cheerful and willing vessels for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Traveling God’s Path

Many years ago hubby and I went through a three-year valley. My Mom thought we had gotten out of God’s will, but my youngest sister disagreed. Looking back I tend to agree with my sister. I learned a lot spiritually through those three years. At the end of these three years, hubby gave His life to Christ.

I believe God is allowing Christians to go through things these days to purify us for the soon rapture. The closer we get to the rapture the least worldly possessions should matter to us. The more our eyes are on Jesus, the less concerned we become about the drama going on around us. The closer we walk with God the greater our desire grows to live in a way that pleases God.

May God give us a heart that weeps for lost souls. May we pray daily that God will open the eyes of sinners to the truth of the Gospel. May God encourage each of us to stand strong and firm in our faith in Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

When we wake up to start our day, we can be met with unexpected little problems that add to make us agitated. I took water out to put in the dog’s bowl and spilled it on the smoker. I turned on the hose to have more water come out the connection than the sprayer. Of course, I got me all wet.

This is life. Unexpected things happen. We need not get upset if we just laugh about it. Things happen to Christians and non-Christians, it is just a part of life. When we learn to take things as they come we can be stressed-less even with aggravating circumstances.

The world is coming together for the tribulation. If we focus on these things we can become overwhelmed with fear. We do not have to be fearful if we keep our eyes on our Heavenly Father. When we put complete trust in God we can have peace in these troubled times.
Betty

Isaiah 26:3
New King James Version
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 26, 2021
Happy Monday,

May God Help Us To Grow Spiritual Fruit

2 Peter 1:5-6
New King James Version
Fruitful Growth in the Faith
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control [a]perseverance, to perseverance godliness,

Growing up we had a peach tree in the backyard. The tree never grew fruit. The tree was a disappointment to us. How much so is a child of God, who lives an unfruitful life, to God. When we grow through the valleys for spiritual growth and we do not grow but become bitter, we must make God cry. A Christian who has no spiritual fruit is shameful.

God help us when our heart's desire is to accumulate material goods that will mold and decay. Even gold will not go with us when we leave this world.
Spiritual fruit will not only help us be a blessing to others but will go with us to Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Pray for Compassion for Others

Matthew 9:36
New King James Version
36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were [a]weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.

It is easy for us to look at all the sin and lawlessness in this world, and feel disgusted, but Jesus looked around at the people and He was filled with compassion on them.

So many people are controlled by sin that has hardened their hearts and because of this, they have lost their ability to hear the truth. Without a miracle, they face an eternity in hell. This should feel us with sadness.

Jesus cared so much for lost souls that willingly died to save souls from hell. It must make Jesus so sad to see His gift of salvation refused by the masses.

When we hear of evil doings, let us pray for the victim and the evildoer. Yes we should be angry at sin and yet still feel compassion for those caught up in the traps of sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Live For God

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. MATTHEW 5:20

Matthew 6:16
New King James Version
Fasting to Be Seen Only by God
16 “Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the [a]hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Jesus said that the Scribes and Pharisees performed righteous acts in order to be admired by other men. Their works did not come from a loving heart towards God, but from a heart that desired approval.

Jesus warned us about this. To live in righteousness, we must live our lives to please God. When we put God, first, all other things will fall in place. What the Bible teaches is no longer admired by the world. If God is not first in our lives, we will be easily led astray by the world standards.

We soon may have to take a stand for God. We should be praying for God to help us to grow in faith and become strong in our beliefs so that we can stand for the truth of the Gospel, even when we are ridiculed or even persecuted for our believe in the truth of the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:58
New International Version
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Peter 5:8-11
New King James Version
8 Be [a]sober, be [b]vigilant; [c]because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But [d]may the God of all grace, who called [e]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [f]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2021
Happy Friday,

What Is Faith

“Faith. It’s a word we hear thrown around all the time. Keep the faith. Walking in faith. Having faith. So what is faith? Faith has several different definitions.
1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than truth.
3. A system of religious belief.
4. A firmly held belief or theory”(1)

When I awoke this morning, I prayed for God to guide me on what to write about today, and immediately I thought of faith. While I made my coffee, I thought of the verse “My faith looks up to You, sweet Lamb of Calvery, on there, I stand”

Like most Christians, I have times of doubts and fears. This is when my eyes are focused on my circumstances, instead of God. When you have health issues that affect you as soon as you wake up, it is hard not to become focused on them. Yet, when you release your fears to God, He will replace your fears with peace.

We must make a choice of trusting God. The devil will be there to share thoughts of fear and disbelief with us. We must encourage ourselves in the Lord. When we do, our faith will grow and mature.
Betty

1 (https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/what-is-faith.html)

1 My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine:
now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
be wholly thine.
2 May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire;
as thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire.
3 While life's dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow's tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.
4 When ends life's transient dream,
when death's cold, sullen stream
shall o'er me roll,
blest Savior, then, in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Growing In Our Faith

“Promise #203:
I will strengthen you with feet like a deer so you can reach great heights.

Habakkuk 3:19 (WEB)
Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength. 
He makes my feet like deer’s feet, 
and enables me to go in high places.”

God wants us to grow spiritually. If we seek Him, He will guide us into spiritual growth. Growth rarely happens on the mountain top. It is in the dark valleys where spiritual growth takes place.

Valleys can be scary and we often feel alone, yet God is with us. Why do we feel that we are alone? It is during those times that we cannot feel Him, that our faith grows. When the devil tells us that God has forsaken us, remind ourselves that the devil is a liar and a deceiver. Do not focus on our circumstances, but keep our eyes on God.

We are not in valleys forever. Our time of rejoicing will come again. May God help us to remember that He is with us in the valleys and on the mountain tops. Seek to grow in the Lord. We do not want to become stagnate, or worse fall behind in our spiritual growth.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
July 21, 2021

Heavenly Father,
Guide us everyday and help us to walk in righteousness and truth. Give us Your Heavenly peace so we do not become fearful. Protect us from the lies of the devil. Help us to live in a way that is pleasing to You. We love You.
Amen,
Betty

Amen.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

400 years ago-
Mayflower, Day by Day - Wednesday, 21 July 1621
Posted 21 Jul 2021 3:56 AM |

Scarcity and Plenty

One last comment about the visit to Pokanoket -- despite the glowing reports of what was available for the taking in the wild and in the waters, this was clearly a subsistence economy: there was not much left over, and while the travellers regularly met natives who were happy to share with them, as the Pilgrims had been sharing with the hordes of visitors to their new settlement, there was nothing left over.

-

This is a part of Massasoit’s great embarrassment about their visit: he had been away, and thus there was nothing prepared for the entertainment.

Each person probably brought his own food, and there was very little left over for the two messengers to share. There was only a limited means to preserve food, and the Pilgrims were constantly careful to put aside food for the winter, as well as having seed for the next spring’s planting.

And nothing, absolutely nothing, could go to waste; everyone had to be on the lookout for what use could be made of what God had provided.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8454 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Wednesday’s Thoughts

I pray every day that God will use me to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ. There is so much around us, that could make us become discouraged. My prayer is that God will give us peace in these troubled times.

Many false teachings are being taught around the world. I pray that God will protect us from being led astray by lies of the devil. Some things sound good to the human ear but bring destruction on those who accept the devil’s lies. Pro-choice is the devil’s spin on the murder of unborn babies!

Gay pride is the devil’s plan, a sin that is an abomination to God. Wrapping sin up in a rainbow does not take away its evil. God created man and woman to come together as one to form a family to live for God, in righteousness and in the truth of God’s Holy Word.

Fellow Christians, we can walk in righteousness and truth, if we seek God and follow Him. If we trust in God and trust in Him, daily, the Holy Spirit will guide us.

We can stand strong in our faith if we trust completely in our Heavenly Father. We will be called stubborn and closed-minded for refusing to buy into the devil’s lies. Was not Christ ridculed when He walked this earth, for His teaching. Yet, today Christ is sitting in Heaven on a throne in the presence of His Father!

Heaven awaits us, fellow Christians! We may suffer for a little while but victory is ahead! I pray that God will keep us strong in our walk with God and then we ignore the lies of the devil.

Heavenly Father,
Guide us everyday and help us to walk in righteousness and truth. Give us Your Heavenly peace so we do not become fearful. Protect us from the lies of the devil. Help us to live in a way that is pleasing to You. We love You.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2021
Happy Monday,

“What Is Truth?”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me,

John 1:1
New King James Version
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What is truth? Jesus is truth. God’s Holy Word is truth. The world has rejected Truth. Instead, they have chosen to believe lies from the devil.
Another well-known Christian singer has come out endorsing the sin of homosexuality.

She has done no favors for the gay and lesbian community. She has given them false hope of salvation and she now has the blood of millions on her hands. In her desire to be popular with another group of people she has betrayed her Savior and strayed from the truth of the Gospel.

2 Timothy 4
New King James Version
Preach the Word
4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead [b]at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

The truth of the Gospel is not popular in today’s world but the Truth has not changed. Yes, God does love everyone. He desires for everyone to be in Heaven, but we must repent and turn away from sin. Salvation is not found in feeling bad about sin, praying, and then returning to the sin. We all will sin and when we do we repent, but we must not choose to live in sin.

A pig that is given a bath will return to the mud. Christians must choose to stay out of the mud of sin. We should pray for those caught up in sin. We must never be angry at a person caught up in sin but have Godly compassion for them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Times of Troubles

“Promise #198:
I will save you in the midst of your troubles.

Psalm 138:7 (WEB)
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. 
You will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies. 
Your right hand will save me.”

We are living in times of troubles. We are on the cusp of the tribulation. Yet, we need not fear. God has not abandoned His children. God has not lost any of His great powers, nor has His strength weaken.

God could speak a word and people would lose their ability to think for themselves. He could force every person and every child to worship Him. God, instead has given each individual the ability to choose for themselves, who they worship.

Our choice determines our present circumstances and our future home in eternity. For those who choose to worship God, He provides comfort and protection. God is our Shepherd who guides us and watches over us. We can go to Him for comfort and He will comfort us and give us peace.

God is love. His great love for mankind has allowed mankind to exist for many many generations, even though mankind has chosen to live in sin over righteousness. God’s patients will not last forever and this world will soon come under God’s judgment.

Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to turn from our sins and seek to walk with God and to obey His precepts. Eternity rests on our decision. Choose Jesus and follow His righteous path and find peace for the days here on earth and eternity with God in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2021
Happy Friday,

“Jesus Paid It All”

Partial Salvation, would not keep anyone out of Heaven. Even a tiny sin would keep us out of Heaven. God in His mercy offers us the gift of salvation. A gift that pays the debt for all of our sins.

Sadly, so many reject this wondrous gift of salvation. When judgment comes the Bible says that most people will still refuse to accept the gift of salvation, but cursing God instead.

God must be grieved over the way this world glorifies sin. Christians, we should not be angry, but we should grieve over the world’s attitude about sin. When sin is celebrated, pridefully, their hearts become prideful and they are no longer able to see their need for salvation.

Never stop praying for lost souls. Until the rapture, there is still time for repentance. Let us worship our Lord and Savior in Spirit and Truth. Praising our God, daily, in prayer and songs of worship. God is worthy of all praise!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 15, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Have a Heart of Worship

Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.
Leviticus 6:13

We do not keep a fire going in our Churches anymore, but we can have a spirit of worship in our hearts daily. We can begin the day with prayer and we can end the day with prayer. Throughout the day, we can offer up to God: praise and Worship.

When God is foremost in our minds, we find ourselves less likely to become unhinged over an unexpected problem. When something unexpected happens, seek God first instead of giving into fear and frustration. When we do, God will fill our hearts and minds with His peace.
Betty

John 14:27
New King James Version
27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 14, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

“ Encourage One Another “

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

There is restlessness all over the world. Many people, including non-Christians, are becoming concerned about the future. As Christians, we need not be fearful. When we become afraid, we can take our fears to God and He can take our fears away and give us peace.

While it is true we do not know what tomorrow or next week is going to be like, but we serve a God who knows. Whatever happens, God will not abandon His children. Every day we grow closer to going to Heaven. Comfort yourself with that knowledge.

We should pray for one another and encourage one another. The devil is working hard on causing Christians to doubt God. With prayer and the Armor of God, we can stand firm in our faith in these distressing times.
Pray that our hearts and ears will be open to the voice of the Holy Spirit.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

They Knew Him, Yet They Did Not

Mark 4:39-41
New King James Version
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace,[a] be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How[b] is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

When Jesus calmed the sea, the disciples had already seen Jesus perform miracles, and yet they became fearful of Him. It is easy for us to look at that and judge them, yet if we were in Church and saw a person healed of blindness, we may also react in fear.

Acknowledging that God can raise the dead is also acknowledging that God with one word could stop the heart of everyone in the room. God has the power to give life and to take it.

In a world that so many have reduced God’s powers and abilities in their own eyes, there would be great fear if God appeared in all of His Glory. Sadly, the Bible makes it clear that even then people would not repent of their sins. If in the presence of God mankind could speak, they would make excuses for their sins and try to convince God, that He is wrong about sin.

This is how evil mankind has become. They have embraced sin so long and brought out sins, that should be hidden, into the light of day. They have celebrations of sin wrapped in a flag of pride.

Do we know God? There is a difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge.

Matthew 15:8 New King James Version

‘These people [a]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.

Let us draw to God and sincerely seek to know God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Romans 12:21
New King James Version
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

My friends, as we look around today, it is easy to be overcome with doubts and fears. We should not be caught unaware. Did not Jesus say in the last days, lawlessness would increase? Yet it is easy for the most seasoned Christian to become sad and fearful of the events of today.

Every day, let us begin the day asking God to put the whole armor of God, upon us so we can stand strong in our faith. We will not overcome the evil in the world, for Jesus said that evil would increase, but we can overcome the evil that attacks us and our families.
Betty

Romans 12
New King James Version

Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Serve God with Spiritual Gifts
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient[c] in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given[d] to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have[e] regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2021
Happy Monday,

Self-Serving

We serve a loving God and He is good to us. Sometimes, we can begin to think that God serves us when we are supposed to serve God. We can become so self-involved, that we are no longer worshipping our God and Creator.

Our needs are important to us. This is normal, but do we worship God, when we pray, or all our prayer about our needs and wants? Sometimes we need to step back and remind ourselves who God is. To stand back and think of how awesome God is and be thankful that God even notices us, much less loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins.

We all have needs. We all have become battle-weary, but may God help us to realize how wondrous it is that the creator of all things is not only interested in our needs but wants to provide for us. May we seek to be grateful children of God and thankful for our many blessings.

The Bible says to come boldly to the throne and to make our petitions known, and we should, but let us begin our prayers by praising our God and Creator.
Betty

Hebrews 4:14-16 New King James Version
Our Compassionate High Priest
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

“The Will of The Lord Be Done”

Acts 21:14
New King James Version
14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”

Sometimes we need to step back and allow God to do His will. His will may be different than ours but His will is always best.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Do Not Be Decieved

Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”

It is not uncommon to hear people say today that they need to search their hearts for the answer. People comment that they know that they are okay with their sinful lifestyle because they feel at peace about it. God warns us that our heart is deceitful. If we want something bad enough we can convince ourselves that God is okay with our sin, but what does the Bible say?

When we stand before God, it will only matter what God thinks of our sin. There will be no debate between God and mankind on judgment day. God’s decision will be the final decision. It will be too late on that day, to change our ways.

Today is the day for salvation. No one is promised a tomorrow. Many will realize too late that the day of redemption has passed and the judgment of God is upon them.

Matthew 4:17
New King James Version
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven [a]is at hand.”

2 Corinthians 6:2
New King James Version
2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Let us not put off what should be done for the Kingdom of God. Seek God today and repent of our sins, while there is still time.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“You Are Not Good Enough”

The devil would love to make every Christian feel they are not good enough to accomplish the job, God, has given them. If he can intimate us enough, he can get us to give up. Whatever job that God gave you to do in accomplishing His work, He will equip you to be able to accomplish what He has called us to do.

Just as we work to show our love for God and mankind, God saved and called us to a mission out of His love for us. It is this loving relationship between us and God that provides us salvation and provides what we need to accomplish the work that God has called us to do.

When we give up on being good enough and put our complete trust in God, then we can accomplish the work we are called to do. We must choose to walk in faith and not in ourselves. When we stop focusing on our weaknesses and focus on God’s ability to accomplish a work thru us, then we are free to accomplish the work that God has given us.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 13:20-21 New King James Version
Benediction, Final Exhortation, Farewell
20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you [a]complete in every good work to do His will, working in [b]you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Good enough? In myself no! But God! So much power in the words: “but, God”. What wonderous works have been accomplished through the ages when people let go and allow God to work freely through them!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2021
Happy Friday

This World Needs God

In the sixties, there was a popular song called: “What the world needs now -is love”. The world needs love more than ever, but not just love for each other, but Godly love. Each individual needs a relationship with Jesus and to be filled with a Godly love for one another.

There is so much anger and rage within the heart of mankind, that just the right prompting can lead to murderous rage. We have so much anger in drivers today that we have a name for that: ‘road rage’. One driver accidentally cuts someone off with their car and then the other driver retaliates with a gun. In a moment of time, a distracted driver can become a murder victim.

It seems like everyone is living on edge. A miss-spoken word, taking a cut in line, or wearing a Trump hat, can set in motion a tragedy. So many have hearts filled with anger and rage to the point that they are time bombs waiting to be lit, by just the right word.

As Christians, we need to be praying for one another. Praying that sinners' eyes will be open so that they can see their need for salvation through Jesus. Pray for our loved ones and friends that God will protect. Most of all pray that the rapture will be soon!
Betty

Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Do Not Allow Evil To Win

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

We do not have to give in to evil and allow it to overcome us. God has given us the Holy Spirit to guide us and protect us. When we do feel ourselves slipping into sin, we can call out to God and He will answer us.

Matthew 24:12-26 New King James Version
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus, Himself, warned us of these days. He warned us not so that we would become fearful but so that we would understand the times we are living in. The closer the rapture becomes the more lawlessness will increase and evil will grow.

We do not have to give in to evil. If we walk daily with God and trust in Him. God has given us an armor so that we can defeat the devil.

Ephesians 6:11 New King James Version
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil.

We need not be overcome by evil. We can pray each day when we get up that God will equip us with His armor so that we are not overcome. We must be determined to say no to sin. We must make the choice to walk in righteousness.
Betty

Ephesians 6:10-20
New King James Version
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [b]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 7, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Do Not Compromise

Romans 12:1-2
Living Sacrifices to God
12 I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Do not compromise your faith, in order to please others. A person who is trying to please God and other people are double-minded.

James 4:8 New King James Version
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

We are too close to the prize of Heaven for us to start compromising in our walk with God to please others. God must come first in our lives. When we put God first, everything will fall into place. We may upset family friends, but we must obey God in all areas of our lives. There will some, who do not understand why we do and say the things we do. If we allow God to guide in all our ways we will please God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“I Am Weak, But He Is Strong”

Romans 8:26-27. New King James Version
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Do not fear the Holy Spirit. He is a member of the Godhead and He loves God’s Children, dearly. It is the Holy Spirit, who called to us, when we were sinners, inviting us to the cross for the gift of salvation. The Holy Spirit guides us in our spiritual walk and warns us if we are going off the path of Righteousness.

Daily, we should ask God to fill us with His Holy Spirit, so that we can walk in righteousness and seek to be a blessing to others. We all have our personal struggles and we all need encouragement. We are blessed, ourselves when we find ways to be a blessing to others.

My dear friends, let us not grow weary, in our walk with Jesus. When we need help, do not let pride, keep us from asking. There is no special crown for doing everything on our own and never seeking help from anyone.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 5, 2021
Happy Monday,

Trust in the Lord

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. PSALM 37:5

I had a rough night, last night, and cannot seem to get my bearings today. Yet, I can encourage myself in the Lord. Even in times of confusion, I can feel the love of my Heavenly Father covering me with His wings.

We all have hard times, but we can know without a doubt, that God is with us. If we trust in Him, He will bring forth a good work in us. Whatever you are going through, today, I pray that God will make His love known to you and fill your heart with joy.
Betty

Revelation 22:20 New King James Version

I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 4, 2021,
Blessed Sunday,

Independence Day

Today we celebrate America’s Independence Day. Despite some College Professors, hate groups, and many liberals, there is still something to be proud of in being an American. Those who trash our Country refuse to acknowledge that thousand travel many many miles to enter this Country illegally to get the benefits this Country offers.

As important as Independence Day is there are people all over this world who are bound by sin. Jesus purchased salvation, with His precious blood so that all can go to Heaven. Sadly, too many refuse the precious gift of salvation.

Christians, let us never be embarrassed to share our faith in God.

Luke 9:25-26 Century King James Version
25 For what is a man advantaged if he gain the whole world, and lose himself or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed when He shall come in His own glory and in His Father’s and of the holy angels.

Enjoy the day and be thankful that you were born in a Country where your parents had the freedom to take you to Sunday School and to teach the truth of the Gospel. As we see this freedom slipping away, be grateful for the freedoms of today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 3, 2021
Happy Saturday,

“Humility Cures Worldliness”

James 4:7-10 New King James Version
Humility Cures Worldliness
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

We can become prideful, in our walk with God. When we begin to compare ourselves to others, we can become blind to our own sins, as we focus on the sins of others. This is a sin in itself, the sin of pride.

Proverbs 16:18 New King James Version
18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

The Bible says pride can lead to destruction. Let us not make excuses for our own sins, but come humbly to God and seek forgiveness. Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ, that God will protect them from sinning.

May God help us stay focused on Him and seek to live righteously in this sinful world. We pray for God to search our hearts and point out any hidden sins so that we can seek forgiveness.
Betty

A male and female cardinal has been coming to my bird feeders for weeks. Watching them encourages me and I am grateful to the Lord for my little diamonds of grace.

Today hubby and I celebrate 51 years of marriage. Anyone who knows us, knows this is a miracle by God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2, 2021
Happy Friday,

God Must Be First In Our Lives

Anything that comes before God is an idol and we are committing the sin of idolatry. That sounds harsh, but if God is first we will treat others in a Godly way.

Years ago a popular singer who was raised in a religious home, said that when she told her mom that she was bi-sexual, her mom told her that she loved her more than God. She thought that her mom had expressed the ultimate love to her.

The truth is she did not love her daughter enough. If she loved God first then she would have shared the truth with her daughter. What seems like perfect love today will be revealed as inadequate love on judgment day.

True love is speaking the truth. The mother could have told her daughter that she will always love her, but warn her that if she continues to live in sin, she will spend eternity in hell.

Truth, even spoken in love will not always be accepted. In a world where sin is celebrated and speaking the truth can get you canceled and in some places, arrested, it is harder than ever to speak the truth.

When we put God first, everything else will fall in place. We love each other with a stronger love when God is first in our lives. Friends and even relatives may consider you a radical, but it is better to be radical for God than to embrace sin and support sinful ways.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 1, 2021
Happy Thursday,

Going The Wrong Way

Canada is moving to make hate speech online a crime. On paper that sounds like a just ruling. Until you realize that the devil has convinced people that Scripture is hate speech.

If you going the wrong way, is it hate speech to be corrected? So many are living in sin, headed for an eternity in hell. Yet if you point that out to them, you are committing a crime of hate speech.

A childhood friend unfriended me on Facebook, after telling me she was fed up with me talking about sin. She stated that everyone knew what sin is and there is no need to rub it in their faces.

Yet there are Churches in America and around the world where the Pastor does not dare to talk about many sins, for fear of offering many in his congregation. Instead, they are giving sinners false hope. A hope that God no longer cares about sin.

If you ignore the Holy Spirit when He convicts you of sin, enough times, your heart will become so hardened that you can live in sin and feel no shame.

Hebrews 3:12-13 New King James Version
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but [a]exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
June 14, 2019
Happy Friday,
“Facts of Life”

After all the testing and the biopsy they have decided my confusion and pain issues is what they first thought, inflammation on the brain. One of the medications is high dosages of steroids. In a couple of days I will have a moon shaped, red face. One of the side effects of the steroids. Not so happy about that. Of course I will glad to see the headaches and confusion go away. Like the old theme song to the show Facts of Life. “You take the good, you take, the bad and now you have the facts of life.”

Life is like that. We have to do with good and the bad. Life is not meant to be miserable ride, that we get on at birth and just living till we die. God wants us to be at peace. We find our joy, in living for Jesus. Living in sin will bring misery into our lives and eternity in hell. When we are overtaken by problems, we go to Jesus and seek His guidance and help.

Not only does living for Jesus give us a joyful heart but a promise of eternity in Heaven. Where there will be no sickness, fear, or sorrow. Heaven is not a pipe dream, but a reality for our future. Work the job God has given you. Everything God has for you to do, will not always be understood by others. Friends and family might not always understand.

In this world today standing up for the truth, will often embarrass your friends and family. They would rather you kept your thoughts yourself. It may even become dangerous to speak the truth. This is why we pray for spiritual growth and put on the Armor of God, so that we can speak the truth at all times. It is much better to please God over people. Lies told in love can send people to hell.
Betty

Dear Father of Heavenly Lights,

today I faced things that felt like too much for me. And tomorrow I’m going to face more of the same things and probably new challenges as well. I need Your strength. I need You to hold me up and stand next to me in life’s storms. Perhaps I never really understood how literal Your promises are to give us strength for the day.

Maybe tomorrow could be my opportunity to learn what that means on a deeper level. But right now, I am praying for supernatural strength and healing to permeate every cell of my being so that I can find renewed strength beyond my natural ability. I know that this strength comes from You.

In Jesus’ name, amen.

Romans 8
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, (or illness) or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 5
1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle(body) do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.(the temporal with the eternal)
5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8454 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 30, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Intelligence-vs-Wisdom

Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” Matthew 11:25, NIV

Many refuse to see the truth of the Gospel. It is the simpleness of the Gospel that trips up many people. To often religious people add things to the requirements of salvation. The Jewish leaders did that in Jesus’ day and Jesus rebuked them for it.

There is nothing we can accomplish to earn salvation. Once we have become saved, we must pick up our cross and follow Jesus, but this is not to earn salvation. We serve our God and King because we love Him.

When a baby is born into a family, the baby has done nothing to earn the parent’s love. The baby is loved for existing. When we become saved, we are a baby, Christian. As we mature in the Lord, we seek to please our God, out of our love for Him.

Sadly there will be many in hell because they refused the simple faith of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 29, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

“Do Not Grieve The Holy Spirit”

Ephesians 4:30-32 New King James Version
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, [a]clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Live is often hard, for everybody. What is important, is our reaction to problems! Do we become angry? Do we blame those around us? Do we become angry at God?

The best reaction is to seek the face of God. We must remind ourselves that problems can be teachable moments. As children of God, we need to seek to grow in our faith and trust in our Heavenly Father. We want to walk daily worshipping and praising God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 28, 2021
Happy Monday,

Fear Not, Little Sheep!

“Promise #179:
I will rescue you from evil and safely deliver you into My kingdom.

2 Timothy 4:18 (WEB)
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work, 
and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom; 
to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen”

Just because evil is abounding, it does not mean that God has forsaken us. In a world where evil is celebrated, let us choose to celebrate the goodness of our Heavenly Father. Abstain from evil and choose to serve God in holiness. For the reality is, that every day, we must make a choice as to which voice to listen to. We must choose to listen to the Holy Spirit and ignore the many voices of evil, that surrounds us.

This world has chosen to give in to their fleshly desires and shut up their ears to the call of the Holy Spirit. They have chosen to live in sin and unless they repent, they will die in their sins.

We must seek to walk close to God and seek to walk in His will. We will not accidently walk in Spirit and truth, we have to make the choice to do so. Today God has lead my heart to speak about choices. May God help us to choose wisely and live daily in His will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 27, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Are We Watching For The Signs?

2 Timothy 3 New King James Version
Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, [b]unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Luke 21:11

“And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

The world sees signs in Nature, but they are under the illusion that mankind can fix Nature. What the Bible calls sin, mankind has glorified.
Just as in the days of Noah, mankind is living each day as if the world keeps going and with the help of themselves they can fix everything.

Sadly, too many Christians are so attached to this world they refuse to see the signs. Too many preachers are seeking to teach their flock how to fix the world’s problems rather than warn the flock of the coming judgment. Too many are like Lot’s wife who was more concerned about the place she was leaving and not concerned about where she was going.

Christians, let us keep our eyes on Jesus and our heart's longing for the rapture. We should be looking forward to the blessed hope. God help us to refrain from sin and to instead seek to live righteous lives. Be not overcome by sin but live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 26, 2021
Happy Saturday,

He Hears Us

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

We all have had times when we are talking to someone and it soon becomes obvious that they are not listening. Most of us have been guilty of this. The other person says something that sparks a memory and our mind is off on a rabbit hunt.

We will never have this problem with God. He always listens to His children. He is concern about our dreams, needs, and fears. It does not matter that He has heard them before, He still will attend His ears toward us. Take comfort in the knowledge that He is always there for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 25, 2021
Happy Friday,

Trust in God
There are some things we will not understand, this side of Heaven. My friends, God is not always going to explain things to us. He has called us to walk in faith. We do not know what lies ahead, specifically. What we must remember is to comfort ourselves with the knowledge that God knows all things.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

We must choose to wall in faith in all circumstances. Whatever path God takes is through, He will be with us.

Isaiah 43:2 New King James Version
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [b]sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 24, 2021
Happy Thursday,

React in Gentleness

Titus 3:1-8 New King James Version
Graces of the Heirs of Grace
3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Let us be honest, there are times we want to react with aggression. When we feel as if we are a victim, our defenses becomes armed. Children of God, we do not have to live in a state of victimhood. When we feel offended or attacked, go to God, and talk to Him about our situation. Take it to God and ask Him to give you a heart of compassion, gentleness, and love.

Seek emotional healing from our Heavenly Father. When God heals our pain, then we can begin to share the love of God with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 23, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Faithfulness

• English word origin: Latin fides (assumed Indo-European bheidh- (to trust, have faith in, abide in).
* Definition: The quality of being faithful. ...
* Synonyms for faithfulness: true, constant, loyal, steadfast, devoted, staunch, and trusty. ...
* The Greek word found in Galatians 5:22 is pistis, which at its root is about holding fast or steady. ...

God wants His children to be faithful children. This is not too much to be asked to do. If our mate was the most devoted, generous, and kind, 27 days of the month but spent three day of the month with a lover, our relationship would soon end.

God will not tolerate ‘Sunday only Christians’. We cannot be God’s children on Sunday and the devil’s children the rest of the week. The Bible says we cannot serve two masters. We must make a choice. If we live like the devil all week, we might as well stay home on Sunday. If we choose to live in sin, our prayers and worship will never reach the ears of God.

Children of God, let us choose to live for God, faithfully.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 20, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

Today, will bring out mixed emotions. Many of us do not have our Fathers with us anymore. Of course, we miss them dearly. Some Father’s have lost a child. Whatever the situation, we can count on God, providing comfort.

Thank you to every Father who is bringing up their children in Church and teaching them how to live in righteousness. You are raising the next generation. God bless the dads and Happy Father’s Day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 19, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Mourning

“Promise #170:
I will give you a garment of praise in exchange for your spirit of heaviness.

Isaiah 61:3 (WEB)
to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they may be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.”

We mourn many thing in this life. We mourn the loss of a loved one, loss of a relationship, and loss of our health are just a few. Suffering loss can take us into depression. God wants us, instead, to reach our to Him. Cry out to Him for comfort and strength to carry on.

Even in great loss, God has not abandoned us. He is with us. When Elijah was surrounded by his enemies, he cried out to God, to open the eyes of his servant, so He could see that they were surround by God’s Army that out numbered their enemies.

In times of great stress, cry out to God to open our eyes so that we can see that God is covering us with His wings. The devil is a liar. We can stand with the help of God and we can be overcomers even in times of mourning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 16, 2021
Happy Wednesday,

Ask God For Strength

We all deal with things that we do not talk about with others. While somethings would reveal a confidence so must keep these to ourselves, we should and must talk to God. Carrying out burdens and helping others carry theirs can drain us physically and emotionally, even though God told us to share the burdens of others. When we go to God, and ask Him to refreshen and strengthen us, He will.

It is an honor to pray for others, but also pray that God will give us the faith and strength to do so. When the opportunity arises, seek to encourage one another in our faith in Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 15, 2021
Happy Tuesday,

Press In To God

In these last days of grace, there are two types of Christians. There are those who live deaf and blind to the meaning to these days. They pay no attention to the growth of the fig tree (Israel) and the gathering of nations against Her. There are others that have opened their eyes and hearts to the spiritual reality of what is going on around them.

2 Peter 3 New King James Version
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [b]perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The devil would love for us to take our eyes off the soon rapture and just live for today. To seek fulfillment in possessions and positions of power, ignoring the greater gift of living and doing the will of God.

Christians who refuse to see the signs of God will be taken unaware when the rapture occurs. They will face God with the knowledge that did not live up to the potential that God has planned for them. Sadly, it will be too late
to work for God.

Be Steadfast
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

We must choose to live steadfastly and faithfully for God. Keeping our eyes and hearts open to what is happening around us so that the rapture does not overcome us like a thief in the night.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 14, 2021
Happy Monday,

“Let The Little Children Come To Me”

Matthew 19:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Even as adults and even older adults we can go to God as a little child, seeking His face for our supplications. Whether it is answers to our many questions or just for guidance, comfort, or peace of mind.

Just as little children have so many questions for their parents and their loving parents take the time to answer all of them, so does God delight in our seeking for knowledge from Him. Even if God does not answer our questions at times, there is joyful fellowship to be had, spending time in the presence of our God and Savior.

Take the time to spend time with God, not just for answers to our desires and needs but just to experience His mercy and love for us.
Betty

“Promise #165:
Call out to Me and I will show you wonderful things you do not know.

Jeremiah 33:3 (WEB)
Call to me, and I will answer you, and will show you great things,
and difficult, which you don’t know.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2021
Blessed Sunday,

Are You, Weary?

Matthew 11:28 New King James Version
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Are you weary and heavy-laden? Do you sometimes feel like giving up?
Congratulations, you have joined the camp of the Prophets and Apostles.
My friends, we all have times that we feel exhausted.

What did the men and women of God do? They went to God. He is the only one can give us the needed refreshment.

John 4:13 New King James Version
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,

Isaiah 44:3 New King James Version
3 For I will pour water on him who is thirsty,
And floods on the dry ground;
I will pour My Spirit on your descendants,
And My blessing on your offspring;

Let us seek God everyday for His Holy Spirit to fill us to overflowing, then ask God to help us to find ways to share His grace and love with others.
Do not give up. We are so close to the end. Heaven will be worth everything we did for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2021
Happy Saturday,

Am I Properly Dressed?

Colossians 3:12 New King James Version
Character of the New Man
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

When we get dressed for the day, let us ask God to clothe us spiritually, so that we can represent Him properly in a fallen world. When we are spiritually dressed, we will find ourselves reacting to circumstances in love rather than in anger.

We cannot control the actions of others, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can react as God wants us to, with gentleness, kindness, and love. Begin each day with prayer that God will clothe you in His righteousness,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2021
Happy Friday,

Listening to God and Others

A question we should ask ourselves: “Am I willing to listen to God and others?” We can get caught up in our own beliefs that we do not listen to the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit. When God sends others to speak truth in our lives, we can ignore that too.

We must be careful that we do not allow the world’s views to lead us away from the truth of God’s Holy Word. Just because some scripture is no longer popular into day’s world, does not change God’s opinion on sin.

So how do we know when to listen to the voices speaking in the world today or ignore them. We compare the voices with Scripture. God is not going to speak to you, anything that contradicts Scripture. God’s view on sin is still the same today as when the Bible was written. God will not change His mind about sin to please today’s worldly views.

Hebrews 13:8
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement