Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 23)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February 28, 2020
Happy Friday,

Faith to Survive

Coronavirus is beginning to affect many people. Not just in China but in many Countries. The dow has gone down drastically this week. Many experts say the question is not if it will affect North America but when. If our faith is secure in Christ we need not fear. Whatever happens, God is in control.

There are many things that try our faith. Job loss, sickness, and death. Yet, we can be secure in our faith in Jesus. In those times that we have lost our source of income, God will provide.

Psalm 37:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

In times of sickness, we can remember that we have a promise of healing. We will be healed either here on earth or in Heaven. Sickness is temporary. God will give us victory.

Death of a loved one is the hardest to bear. Knowing our loved one is with God lightens the burden, some but we must remember we will be with them again. For now, we can find comfort in God.

Whatever we are going through, God will give us the faith to survive. He will walk with us through the fire and when we feel we are drowning we can call on Jesus to save us.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February 27,2020
Happy Thursday,

Sitting in the car waiting for hubby to finish with his lab work. I am more sleepy now, then when I went to bed, last night. The air is crisp but the sun is shining.

It seems we spend a lot of time waiting. Sitting in a warm car is a lot easier then standing in a long line at a grocery store.

Waiting for answered prayer can be frustrating. Even knowing God has our best interest at heart, we can still find ourselves becoming grumpy. We find peace when we serve God with joy in our hearts even during the days of waiting for an answer from God.

Rejoicing in remembrance of past victories that God has brought into our lives brings hope and peace to our hearts. Reminding ourselves that God will be with us now and throughout our lives until we take our last breath will strengthen our faith and raise our hope in our Savior and Lord.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 26, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

What Does My Mind Dwell On?

There is an old saying ”the mind is the devil’s playground”. We cannot keep the devil from putting a thought in our head. It is our own decision as to what we decide to do with that thought.

If the devil brings to our mind a sin from our past that we have sought forgiveness from, we remind that old devil how God was gracious enough to forgive us for that sin. Seek forgiveness of any sin that we have committed to God. If the devil reminds us of a sin that someone else has committed then we pray for that person. The devil is not going to stick around for a prayer meeting.

The world is filled with evil. Politicians bragging about how they are going to keep sin legal if they are elected. It is enough to make us depressed if we dwell on it. Instead, give our worries to God. Sometimes we are better off reminding ourselves of our future in Heaven and not think so much about the present.

This does not mean for us to stop living in the present. We pray for one another and encourage one another in the Lord. We do our duty as Christians and vote for those who stand for the truth of God’s Word. In my opinion, I would rather vote for someone who is against abortion, even if he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.
Betty

Philippians 4:4-9 New International Version (NIV)
Final Exhortations
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. A

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 26, 2020
Tuesday,

The Sleeping Church

Jesus Prays at Gethsemane
(Mark 14:32-42; Luke 22:39-46)

36Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. 37And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. 38Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. 40And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? 41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
42He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. 43And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. 44And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. 45Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

Jesus took Peter and Zebedee’s two sons with Him. Jesus told them He was sorrowful even unto death and He asked them to watch with Him. We look back at the men and question why they were blind to the what was happening. Should not they have been praying to God for Jesus? Yet in the hour of one of Jesus’ greatest needs, they slept instead of praying.

Before we get too far in judging them, look at the times we are living in. We are living in the last days. Too many Churches instead of warning the Church not to be like the 10 foolish virgins who had not prepared oil for their lamps, Churches are trying to be politically correct. There are Pastors more concerned about civil rights issues then warning their sheep of the dangers of sin.

Sadly, some Churches are bringing sin into the Church to prove they are politically correct. Hiring gay Pastors, transgender Pastors, and Preachers who choose not to preach from the Bible but do feel-good speeches and speeches promoting social improvements. While we need social improvement in many areas, it should not be done in the time the Pastor needs to be preaching the truth from the Bible.

Too many sheep sitting under Shepherds who do not preach that we are living in the last days. Shepherds who have chosen to refuse to believe what the Bible says about hell. Some Pastors even telling their flock that hell does not exist. The sheep share their own blame, by refusing to compare what the Pastor said to the Bible.

If your Doctor told you to give your baby poison for a cold, you would find a new Doctor. Yet week after week Churches are filled with people listening to Pastors who say gay marriage is okay. Pastors saying abortion is a woman’s right. Preaching there is no hell is the worse. Pastors convincing their people they can live in sin and go to Heaven. These men and women will pay.

Pray that God will wake up the sleeping Churches to the truth about the times we are living in. Pray that Pastors and teachers would go back to the truth of the Bible.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 24, 2020
Monday,

It's 6.m. and still awake. I fought so hard to sleep last night and it just made me nervous. Tonight I am just yielding to the circumstances of my brain issues. We can be like this with God. He wants us to go one way and we want to go to another. We can find ourselves battling God for control. Yet when we stop fighting and yield to the will of God, we find peace.

When we admit to ourselves that God’s way is best, we can stop fighting and begin to trust God. Then we can relax and follow God’s will for our lives. We can not see what lies ahead, but God can. We can trust Him. Not every road God takes us on is pleasant. The truth is the path can be painful. Yet it is often the hardest paths that lead to spiritual growth.

We all do not walk down the same paths. We can be tempted to think that God is leading another on an easier path. We may even begin to question God. Why do I have to travel the road of dementia? Or why do I have cancer when many other Christians do not?

Then we must ask ourselves how close to we want to walk with God. The closest path maybe more stony and have more briars then the path that is further from God. Yet, the closest path to Jesus is the sweetest. If we allow ourselves to trust God through the storms, we can find ourselves still singing praises to God, through the storms.

Our journey is getting closer to the end. Jesus will soon come to get His children. Reminding ourselves of the times we are living in can lead us to rejoicing. How blessed we are to be living in the days of the soon coming rapture!

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

In these dark days where evil abounds on this earth, we can look forward to the trumpet sounds for our departure from this earth. Jesus warned us the last days would be like the days of Noah. Sin is celebrated in the streets and those who strive to live Holy lives are looked on with disdain. Prayer for sinners and keep looking up, for our redemption is indeed drawing close.
Betty

2 Chronicles 15:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The Lord is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22, 2020
Saturday,

Children of God

Why do we live as if we are children without hope? Have we lost our faith? Do our souls faint from hunger? Have we forgotten who our Heavenly Father is?

We must come back to the beginning of our salvation and remind ourselves, who is it that brought redemption to past in our souls. Does the Word not say that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith?

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Yet we often choose not to listen to the Words of Truth, but to listen to the devil. The devil’s words are cunning and he sprinkles just enough truth to confuse those whose faith has grown weak. Before we rush to judge another, let us remember the times we were weakened by circumstances and our own lack of prayer and reading of God’s Holy Word.

Shall we who now have grown stronger in our faith, not choose to lift up our weaker brethren in prayer and supplications. Remembering the times that others have come beside us and help hold us up in the midst of battle. Should we now, not return the favor to our brothers and sisters in Christ?

As Christians, we are part of the family of God. Encouraging one another in the faith is apart of being a part of the family of God. We should be working towards the same ends, that of glorifying our Heavenly Father and working for His Kingdom.

We are not children without hope. We serve a living Savior, who is now sitting at the right hand of the Father. His Holy Spirit lives in us and if we will open our hearts and minds, He will guide us safely through this world, until we enter the Gates of Heaven.

Colossians 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

https://youtu.be/SnJ2q9df1pw

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Friday
February 21, 2020

Losing Hope

All Christians are capable of losing hope. We can become overworked physically causing us to be susceptible to doubts and fears. Others can plant weeds in our lives, causing us to doubt the love God has for us. Sin can cause us to lose sight of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Titus 1:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

We need not fear when we remember to but on the whole armor of God. When troubles come our way, it is easy to feel that God has forgotten us. When we cry out to God, He will comfort us. He will give us peace.

John 16:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 14:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The peace God gives the world cannot steal from us if we keep our faith steady in God’s saving grace. Our hope lies in a God that walks with us daily and He will welcome us to Heaven one day.

Romans 5:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Press on my brothers and sisters, in Christ. It will not be long until to Jesus calls His children, home to Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thursday
February 20, 2020

God is Love

1 John 4:16 New King James Version (NKJV)16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

God is love. God wants us to abide in Him and He in us. The problem is not God, it is us. We must choose to walk in the truths of God. Satan makes sin normal and acceptable. Hubby and I saw a drug company advertisement for medication for aids. The ad ended with two men kissing. What's next, commercials with transgenders?

This ad was not to make old people accept homosexual relations. This ad is to influence children and young people to accept what is an abomination to God as normal behavior.

21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:21-26)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. – Leviticus 20:13

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. – 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

It is not a question of judging homosexuals. The Bible is talking about God’s judgment on sinners. Our job is to warn sinners if they reject our warning then we keep praying for them.

The two worse sins of today are homosexuality and abortion. Yet many are marching in parades glorifying their sins against God. My friends, we are indeed living in the last days. Sin is running rampant all over the world. This is a sign to Christians to be looking for the rapture.
Betty

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 19, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Seven Things God Hates?

Proverbs 6:16-19 King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I awoke at 4.a.m. Hurting and decided to pray about what my blog should be today. Here I am. It is important for us to know what God hates. We need to avoid these that commit these sins, especially on a regular lifestyle. Our habits are often picked up by those we hang out with regularly.

These 7 sins lead to more and more sins. The person committing them often refuses to listen to the conviction of the Holy Spirit, causing their hearts to hardened and their ears no longer hear the call of the Holy Spirit.

What Does God Love?

1. A cheerful giver

2 Corinthians 9:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2. The world

John 3:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

3. Justice

Psalm 11:7 New International Version (NIV)For the Lord is righteous,
    he loves justice;
    the upright will see his face.

Psalm 37:28 New American Standard Bible (NASB)For the Lord loves [a]justiceAnd does not forsake His godly ones;
They are preserved forever,
But the [b]descendants of the wicked will be cut off.

4. Righteousness

Psalm 146:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)The Lord opens the eyes of the blind;The Lord raises up those who are bowed down;
The Lord loves the righteous;

5. Christians

1 John 4:15-16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [a]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

John 16:27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

6. Non-Christians

1 John 4:10-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another

Romans 5:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

7. Those who love Him

Deuteronomy 7:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps [a]His covenant and [b]His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

8. Those who keep His Commandments

Deuteronomy 7:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps [a]His covenant and [b]His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

9. Those who pursue Godlessness

Proverbs 15:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,But He loves one who pursues righteousness.

10. Those who fear Him

Psalm 103:11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)For as high as the heavens are above the earth,So great is His lovingkindness toward those who [a]fear Him.

So, my friends, we do know how to please God. We know what sins to avoid and we know to pray that God will help us walk-in Righteousness. May Prayers and Blessings be given unto you.
Betty

P.S. Still feeding the birds and squirrels

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 18, 2020
Tuesday,

Do People Know I Am A Christian?

If people who knew me were asked if I was a Christian, what would they say? Am I living my life in a way that others can see Jesus in me? When merchants deal with me would they find my behavior rude and offense?

These are the questions we should ask ourselves. The other day we were checked out by a person who was rude to the person in front of us and us. We chose to stay calm and kind. When we got to the car we discussed the lady and both agreed it would be unChristian for us to act in kind. We did not know if the lady was tired or in pain.

It is easy to repay others the way they treated us. It is so much better to be kind. We all have bad days would we want someone to treat us unkindly? Jesus would tell us to pray for the person who was rude to us. We should pray every day that we treat others with kindness and gentleness.

I have addressed the subject before but I needed reminding that I want Jesus to shine through my life. These days people are rushed and tempers are easily released on others. Christians need to pray that God will help us to allow Jesus to shine through our lives.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 16, 2020
Blessed Sunday

The Good Shepherd

John 10:12-16 New International Version (NIV)
12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Our Heavenly Father is our Shepherd. He will never abandon us. When Satan attacks us Jesus will stand with us, even carrying us in His arms to safety. Satan likes to attack our focus so we are staring at our problems to the point we can't see Jesus. We become convinced we are alone and we allow our problems to overwhelm us.

Even in the midst of tragedy and troubles, we must stop and talk to our Shepherd. In the presence of God, we will find peace even in the battlefield.
Even when our circumstances do not change quickly as we wish, we must trust God.

James 1:8 King James Version (KJV)8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 King James Version (KJV)8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

When we pray we must believe that God hears our prayers. Doubts in our heart will hinder our prayers. We must choose to trust in God. God will not force us to trust Him. Stand firm in faith in God.

Mark 9:24 King James Version (KJV)24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

We can ask God to strengthen our faith. Let us pray that God helps us not to wander. There are many teachers and Pastors. Some with the gift of a great speaking voice, but we must make sure our Spiritual leaders our leading us in the truth of God’s Word. How do we do it? By comparing what they the Bible says. The Holy Bible must be the final Word for us.
Betty

P.S. Still awake at almost 7 a.m. The dementia could be upsetting my sleep patterns. Other than that feeling good.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 15, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Our Name Engraved

I got an offer to have my name engraved on a gold plated sign to be posted at the President’s office for a donation. Noting against the President I voted for him and plan to again. Having my name engraved in someone's office is not something I strive for.

There is one place that is parliament that my name be written and that is in the Book of Life. Accommodation in this world will one day pass away. It is what is done for God that will last. My sister is very talented and often works for hours making decorations for Church events and others. While at the time the person appreciates her work they soon forget it but because she does the work out of her love for God her real reward will come in Heaven.

This is why God tells us to make sure our motivation for working hard should be to please Him and to help grow His Kingdom. God never forgets our hard labor.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 13, 2020
Happy Thursday,

God Is Our Salvation

Psalm 24:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Even Christians can get caught up in the belief that somehow we can earn our salvation. God makes it strongly clear no matter how righteous we live, or self-righteous we attempt to live, no one will go to Heaven because of their own righteousness. If we are honest with ourselves we will admit, at least to our bathroom mirror that we like sheep are prone to wander into sin.

We make excuses for our sharp tongue, a tendency to gossip and to hold grudges against others. Yet we judge others for the same sins. We can have clean hands and a pure heart when we choose to live the way God is leading us to do. When we are hurt by another forgive them even if they do not ask for forgiveness. Pray for those who with their words abuse us and spread gossip about us. When we do so this, God will keep bitterness from growing in our hearts.

What a wonderful blessing it is to live for God out of our love for Him. To feel His peace, when we choose to forgive others. Each day we can live in joy knowing that Jesus is coming for His children soon. Until then may God help us to live to please our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 12, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

We both had a bad night trying to sleep. I woke up with a cold. Everyone has bad nights. The devil likes to deny us sleep. When we are our short on sleep, we tend to be out of sorts and impatient. This does not have to be so. We can pray that God will help us not to take our lack of sleep out on others.

Silence can be a great way of keeping ourselves out of trouble. This way we keep are angry thoughts from leaving our mouth. Often a smile is the only response needed. If someone gets catty with you, don't respond in kind. Often the best response is to pretend we did not notice and go on our way.

We do not have to spread anger. Let it stop with us by not responding in turn. When we get back in our cars, then we can talk to God about the situation. Let God cover us with His grace, comfort, and love.

Proverbs 15:1 King James Version (KJV)15 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Let us not stir the pot of discord, but pray that we can live in peace with one another, including strangers we deal with.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 11, 2020blet
Happy Tuesday,

My tablet shows what day of the week it is at the top. This is great because I often do not know the day of the week it is. The Bible is our guide to knowing how we should live. We often need direction in our daily living. While it is helpful to seek the advice of others, we should always make sure the advice lines up with the Bible.

When someone has mistreated or attacked us, our friends and loved ones may encourage us to seek revenge because they love us and hurt with us. God loves us too. Unlike our friends and family, God knows our future. He sees how revenge can change us for the worse. Our loving and kind hearts can turn bitter if we react in revenge.

The last thing we want to do is seek the world’s advice for our lives. The world’s standard does not measure up with God’s Word. The very best thing for us is to live in the way that is pleasing to God. God’s way is the best for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 10, 2020
Happy Monday,

It Is Not Fair

It is not uncommon to hear a child say ”it is not fair”. This sentence is used by children in a variety of circumstances. The child next door received a new bike for their Birthday and they did not. Children may be unhappy about the discipline the receive.

As adults, we can feel the same way about God. Why do some people live long lives without health issues, while we suffer from many conditions that make life hard for us? It is so easy to question God with many whys. Yet, when we accept our circumstances in grace, God will give us peace of mind and heart.

God never said life will be fair. To achieve a closer relationship and a stronger Spiritual relationship with God, may require suffering on our part. What our suffering is, be it physical or loss of a loved one, are suffering will end when Jesus calls us home, be it through death or the rapture. The question is are we willing to endure suffering to have a closer relationship with God?

Romans 8:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 9, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

False Teaching

There are some who Preach and teach that things will get better and better until our goodness will usher in a utopian where God will come to this earth to reign. Yet, if we are aware of what is happening around us, we can see that evil is abounding and sin is being accepted as normal.

Others have rejected God and embraced sin as normal. If Jesus walked among for us a day, there are those who would reject Him just as they did when He came the first time. Choosing to live in sin rather than accept God in their lives. Led by false teaching and the devil to believe there is no hell and no punishment for rejecting redemption and salvation from Jesus, who gave His life as an atonement for our sins.

The devil makes false teaching seem like Heaven and sadly many eat it up like gourmet candy. Those who have bought into the devil lies see those who choose to believe the truth of God’s Word, as ignorant to the ways of the world. Thank God we are! For God’s Truth, will be what opens up the gates of Heaven to those who choose to humble themselves at the feet of Jesus and cry over our sins and gladly accept redemption from our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 8, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”God Will Guide Us With His Love”

Psalm 32:8 New International Version (NIV)
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

What a wonderful concept to realize God says that He will guide us in His love! Most all have had a boss who could be vicious with their mouths if the least thing went wrong that day. This person created an environment of fear. God guide His children in love.

This does not mean a disobedient Christian will not be disciplined.

Hebrews 12:6-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”
7 If[a] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no [b]chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

In perfect love, God seeks to guide us in His truths and His ways. It is up to us to choose to accept His discipline in anger or in love. The more we communicate with God and trust His ways, the more we will be following God’s ways, out of a heart of love for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 6, 2020
Happy Thursday,

”Focus on God and Not Your Problems”

The devil would like us to fall asleep and wake up with our problems pressing on our minds. Too many weeks of this and our faith in God begins to fade and our hope disappears. God wants us to remind ourselves when we awaken and we go to bed that our hope and trust should be in Him.

Be assured that God does not spend one minute chewing His fingernails and shaking in fear over His children's problems. He has the answers. We often wonder why God allows for our troubles to last so long. Think about it. It is in the time of troubles we spend more time praying and reading God’s Word. When we do this our faith grows. How can we face bigger troubles if we get stuck on the little things? Remember everyone in the world has problems. Only Christians have a Heavenly Father.

Satan will tempt us to wallow in despair, but we can halt his actions when we turn to Jesus and trust in Him. I find singing songs of praise strengthens my faith in God. So let is focus on God and not our troubles.
Betty

https://youtu.be/uSxv90X-JJ0

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 5, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Last night, like many Americans, we watched the President give the State of the Union Address. It became clear at the very beginning how divided this Nation is. A News Outlet who was pro-Democrats pointed out that the Democrats hissed and booed the President. Do we not see how evil people are when they hissed like snakes.

Why is God allowing America to be so divided? I personally believe it is because of the way we have forced Israel to give up her land, little bit at a time over to her enemies over the last twenty plus years. Israel suffering at the hands of her enemies living in her land.

Another reason is that the Democratic party has become so evil that many of its members are demon-possessed. You can see it on their faces when they get so angry that their faces show the rage that boils up within them. They are so determined to keep the killing of unborn babies legal that they refused to stand for the woman and her baby that is alive after being so premature. How soon is it before they start pushing for euthanasia for handicapped and elderly people all in the name of climate control?

Sunday night we saw soft-porn dressed up in pretty lights in the Super Bowl half time. Tuesday night we saw evil as adult men and women boo and hissed the President of the United States. God will not tolerate evil forever. There will be a day of reckoning for all the Nations who support the killing of the unborn.

We need not sit and wring our hands. God is still in control. Soon we will be leaving this earth in the twinkling of an eye and then God will pour out His judgment in this unholy world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 4, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Am I A Pharisee?

Luke 18:10-14 King James Version (KJV)
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

We read that and think to ourselves that we could never be a Pharisee, ourselves. Yet, could we? I have been. Once on a Wednesday night a young lady came to our Church in short shorts. I condemned her in my mind. After Church, her boyfriend's mother explained to me that night the girl’s mom had kicked out of her house with just the clothes on her back. The girl asked if she could to to Church with them that night.

I felt condemned and rightly so. I had judged the young lady on the way she was dressed. And I immediately asked God forgiveness. Unlike me the Church embraced her and made her feel loved. After I was convicted, I did the same. Within a week the young lady became a Christian. A couple of months later the young lady was killed in a car crash.

God allowed the circumstance surrounding the situation to bring her to salvation and then took her to Heaven. I learned a valuable lesson. Not to judge someone by the way they looked. Remember pride goeth before a fall. When we think too highly of ourselves we can become a pharisee.

The Church does not need any Pharisees, but children of God who are willing to open their hearts to sinners and share the love of Christ with them. There is enough judgment of one another in the world, let us share the love of God with others and allow God to do the condemning when He sees fit. Instead, let us pray daily that God will judge our hearts and show us any unforgiven sin in our hearts, then seek forgiveness so we serve God with a righteous heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 2, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

God is Trustworthy

I fell down yesterday. We went to get some chicken. I was standing on the grass taking a look at the sales on the glass windows. And I just fell over on my right side. I crawled over to a yellow post. Hubby is weak physically and could not help me up. A customer inside came outside and helped me up. My right side of my head had felt numb, so that might have been the cause.

All things considered, I am okay today. Just sore. Hubby dropped a can of food on his foot. His foot is one more big bruise. When I left the house I never knew I was going to fall. God did and He protected me from breaking any bones. We can trust God to go before us and with us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 2, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

God is Trustworthy

I fell down yesterday. We went to get some chicken. I was standing on the grass taking a look at the sales on the glass windows. And I just fell over on my right side. I crawled over to a yellow post. Hubby is weak physically and could not help me up. A customer inside came outside and helped me up. My right side of my head had felt numb, so that might have been the cause.

All things considered, I am okay today. Just sore. Hubby dropped a can of food on his foot. His foot is one more big bruise. When I left the house I never knew I was going to fall. God did and He protected me from breaking any bones. We can trust God to go before us and with us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 1, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Finding Ourselves

We can lose ourselves in a crowd. Too much time in the wrong crowd and we begin to take on the wrong attributes. Little by little, we define sin as what the crowd sees as sin. When we allow the world to be our compass, then little by little we can no longer see what the values of God are.

The world sees fundamentalist Christians as being ignorant. If we spend too much time in the world, we will begin to think and act like the world.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

It is not a question of thinking we are better the sinners. It is the truth that we need to guard our hearts from the world’s influence.

Proverbs 4:23 King James Version (KJV)23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

We must strive to live our lives in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father. Our relationship with Christ is more important than any relationship we have.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 31, 2020
Happy Friday,

A bad night last. I was still awake at 6.a.m. Then I woke up at noon in pain. Dealing with health issues is hard and can be discouraging. Trying to find a position that doesn't hurt is sometimes impossible. I sang praise songs to God and He brought me peace.

Everyone has struggles to deal with. It is our reaction matters to God. Do we blame God for our distress or do we seek Him for help?

Psalm 121 King James Version (KJV)
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Learning to lean on Jesus during bad times, increases our faith in God. All the difficulties we suffer on earth will soon pass. We can help ourselves in bad times when we remind ourselves of the future joy in Heaven that awaits, us.

Psalm 30:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

The group that sets up the world clock for the end on the earth has set it up to 100 seconds to midnight. Even the world sees we are in the last days. Remember Christians, our hope is in God and not in mankind.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 30, 2020
Happy Thursday,

”Let The Weak Say I Am Strong”

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

In our weakness, the power of God becomes strong in our individual lives.
When we let go of our control and allow God to work through us, we will see His power shine through us. When we insist on working in our own power, we will fail.

We must humble ourselves and allow God to work through us. God will not work through a prideful person. This is why the Bible warns us that pride goeth before a fall. The devil will tell us that we are useless because of our infirmities and our weakness. God wants to use our infirmities and weakness for His Glory.

When it comes to working for the Kingdom of God, it is our level of obedience that will determine our spiritual growth. We choose for ourselves how far we are going to go with God. We can choose to be a baby Christian or we can choose to be obedient and trusting children of God. Let us let go of our pride and give all the glory to God for the successes we have in our lives and trust Him to see through the dark valleys.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 29, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

What is the Value?

Soon, the Academy Awards will be given out. Many will be seating on the edge of their seats to see if they are one of the lucky ones. What is the value of an Oscar?

How much is an Oscar statue worth?
”Well since they're not solid gold, they're not worth that much. The statues are gold-plated and worth just $629. Of course, their sentimental value makes the case slightly more complicated. This is an award, not a used Buick. ”

While the sentimental value is huge in this world. If the owner of the Oscar gets into financial trouble, by contract, they can only sell it to the Academy for a whopping ten bucks.

Sadly stories are told from the beginning of movie-making of the casting couch. Men and women have sold their pride to be successful in Hollywood. Even children have been sexually abused by directors and agents all for the ’glamour’ of Hollywood.

You can be an Oscar winner and a has been. Looks do not last forever. People are always looking for something new. Only individual winners know how much they have given up for a statue that soon ends up in a closet.

What the world sees as valuable is worthless to God. In reality, God owns all the gold in the world. With the words of His mouth, He could call all the gold on earth to come up to Heaven and it would be so. Gold holds no value to God. What is valuable to God? Is saved, souls. People who have chosen to live for Him over fame and fortune. Fame is fleeting and a fortune can be lost in a day. Let us choose to be valuable to God and not to mankind.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 28, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Speaking the Truth From The Heart

I sometimes have to stop, in the middle of a sentence because I cannot remember a word. It is frustrating. When God called Moses to lead His people out of Egypt. Moses brought up his concerns about his speech. Moses did not realize that God was not looking for a well-spoken Professor but a willing vessel.

A willing vessel with a speech problem is more useful to God than a man or woman filled with pride. A prideful person is of little use to God. They are less likely to lean on God’s help to accomplish the work of God and more likely to use their own intellect. This makes them useless to God.

God wants someone to speak His truths and Honor the ways of God. God does equip men and women with talent. What is important is the speaker pointing folks to God or are they showing off their own personal skills? Let us pray that God will use us in these last days and help us to reach lost souls. Just always remember we are just the instrument and it is God that saves the loss.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 27, 2020
Happy Monday,

”How Much Do You Love Me?”

John 14:21 King James Version (KJV)21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

How much do you love me? It is a question that has been asked since time begin. Jesus makes it clear if we love Him we will obey His Commandments. When we love someone we seek to please them. We seek to know them in a way no one else knows them. We want to know more about the person we love.

When we love God, we want to know what pleases Him. Jesus does not leave us in dark on this matter. If we love Him, we will obey His Commandments. We can tell when our love for God is wavering. We pray less. We study His Word less. When this happens, we seek forgiveness and ask God to fill our hearts with love for Him. The more time we spend in the presence of God, the stronger our love for God will be.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 26, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Where Does My Help Come From

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV)121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

When we realize that we can trust God with our very lives, we can be at peace.
What if we get hurt? God will be with us through the healing process, comforting us and giving us peace of mind. Sadly sometimes God has to get us off our feet to get us to pray and read His Holy Bible.

What if we get a disease there is no cure? God may choose to heal us or He may use our sickness for His Glory. Either way, God will be with us until we take our last breath. When we place our complete trust in God we can live in peace whatever our state we are in.

There are times that God takes us through the fire, remember gold goes through fire and comes out pure. God is not trying to be mean to us but to make us spiritually pure. It is okay to cry. Cry out to God as many times a day as you need to. God never grows tired of our prayers to Him. God will give us strength and sustain us through the bad times. Even in times of distress, we can rejoice of the knowledge that Jesus is coming for His children.

Philippians 4:4-8 King James Version (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 25, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Listening to a little bit from the impeachment hearing, this morning. It is discouraging to hear how evil the Democratic party, has become. We rarely hear the truth on television news, and yet, Hillary said the Democrats should control the news even more. I read about a leader in the SBC say that he wished his wife was a Democrat and more like Hilliary. Being a Southern Baptist for over 20 years, this breaks my heart. Recently, started attending a small none demonatial Church.

The devil has his hands in so many Churches. The Bible warned us in the last days' people would seek Preachers who tickled their ears. It is bad enough that many Churches no longer preach or teach about sin, but too many Churches are condoning sin. ’Christian’ preachers and teachers are leading people to hell while filling their pockets with money. Earthly prestige will not open the doors to Heaven. Sadly too many religious leaders are selling their own souls for fame and money. My heart cries out:”Come quickly, Lord Jesus”.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 24, 2020
Happy Friday,

Going Home

The Reverend Jack Van Impee went home this week. He was one of the first Preachers I heard speak on end times. He sparked a fire in me to study end times, for this, I am truly grateful. He opened my eyes to the joys of Heaven like no one else had ever done before.

Studying the end times not only brings joy but fear for those left behind. This is why we should be praying for lost souls. We must remember that we can not save anyone ourselves. When it comes to our loved ones we may have the desire to grab them and shake the devil out of them, sadly this is impossible. So we must keep praying for loved ones.

It is not selfish to long for the rapture. The Church is the Bride of Christ. It is normal for the Bride to long for her Wedding Day, with great expectation. Our Wedding will take place in Heaven after the rapture. We cannot imagine the joys of that Day.

There may be hard times before the rapture happens but remember we will not walk these days alone. God will be with us and if we allow Him to, He will guide us. We can trust Him to see each day. Even death can it keep us from God.

Philippians 1:21 King James Version (KJV)21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Living should be our joy to work for the Kingdom and through death we enter into the very presence of Jesus. In all things and in everything we do should be for the glory of God. Remembering the joy of Heaven awaits us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 23, 2020
Happy Thursday,

If God wanted to, He could demand everyone worship Him and do His Will. The Bible says after the Second Coming, at the Judgement seat of God, every sinner will fall on their knees and declare that Jehovah is God. Until then He gives Christians and sinners a choice. He allows us to live the way we want.

Living our life the way we want to comes with consequences. We will reap what we sow. If we sow evil, we will reap evil. Christians are also allowed to live the way we want to. If we sowed for selfish reasons, our crop will burn away on the judgment Seat of Christ. If we sowed for the glory of God, we will be rewarded by God.

It is easy to get caught up with this life. We all have needs. There is nothing wrong with working so we can eat and have a roof over our heads. There is a special blessing when we work hard out of our love for Christ. We would not want someone to say of us: ”they say they are a Christian but they are the laziest worker I ever had”. Let it be said that we are good workers who do our best.

Many of us cannot do much in physical work because of our health, but we can pray for others. Bring Missionaries to the feet of Jesus. Give our praises to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 22, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

We Are to Seek Righteousness

Matthew 5:6 King James Version (KJV) 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

We will not find Righteousness unless we prayerfully seek after it. Seeking requires us to want it. God is not going to pour it down our throats against our will. We must want it enough to seek for it in prayer and Bible study.

Matthew 6:33 King James Version (KJV)33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

God says for us to seek Righteousness first and then God will provide our needs. This shows us just how important righteousness is to God. Our righteousness does not come from living right, on our own. It comes from the blood of Christ. It is impossible for a sinner to be righteous. When we seek the righteousness of God and seek to live in a way that is pleasing God, then we will live in Righteousness.

Ephesians 4:22-24 King James Version (KJV)22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Satan will tempt Christians to sin. Tempt us to live close to sin, trying to make us rationalize that a little sin won't hurt. This is not what the Bible says.

Galatians 5:9 New King James Version (NKJV)9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

My friend choose to live Holy and righteous lives, pleasing to our Heavenly Father

1 Timothy 6:11 King James Version (KJV)11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 21, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

”I Have Chosen You”

John 15:16 King James Version (KJV)16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Christianity is not a Religion, it is a relationship with God. It marvels the mind to realize that God knew us and chose us before we were born. He chose us knowing we would fail Him. He knew there would be times we would willfully sin. Yet, He never gives us on us. Time, again and again, He calls us back and forgives us. We take no pride in the knowledge that God chose us. Instead, we are grateful to God for choosing us and loving us in spite of our many failures. Christians are indeed blessed people.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 20, 2020
Happy Monday,

24 hours in a day. 24 hours for good, bad, fair, and tragic things to happen. Yet, we can trust God all 24 hours of a day. He is watching over us even as we sleep. He knows what is going to happen tomorrow so we can lay down and sleep in peace knowing, whatever happens, He will be with us. We take for granted His faithfulness in being there for us always.

Psalm 4:8 King James Version (KJV)8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

John 16:33 King James Version (KJV)33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 14:17 King James Version (KJV)17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

We can rejoice in the peace that God gives us in this life and our future hope of peace for eternity.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 19, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”Why Has Thou Forgotten Me”

When Jesus was on the cross, there was a time that God turned away from Jesus. When God placed the sins of the world on the back of Jesus, He could no longer look at Jesus. Up until that point, Jesus had never felt what it was like not to feel the presence of God. This was a dramatic painful moment for Jesus.

Matthew 27:46 King James Version (KJV)46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus agreed to have our sins placed on Himself, but there was no way He could understand in advance how painful mankind’s sins would be. No way He could understand the pain of God turning away from Jesus. The pain was almost unbearable, yet Jesus bore that pain because He loved mankind.

This pain we are not capable of understanding. Even when we suffer guilt for our personal sin does not compare to the suffering of bearing the sins of all of mankind. We need to remind ourselves of the sacrifice that Jesus made in choosing to bear the sins of all so He could bring salvation to mankind. Those who refuse salvation and hardened their hearts so they cannot feel guilt over their sins take a chance on losing their chance of salvation.

What a great blessing it is to be forgiven of our sins and have a personal relationship with God! Life may not be perfect but we know God is with us every day and we rejoice in the knowledge that eternity in Heaven awaits us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Matthew 27:46 King James Version (KJV)

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 18, 2020
Happy Saturday,

We had lunch with our son, his wife, and their baby. Little Savannah is such a happy baby. There is joy in being around a happy baby. God wants His children to have joyful hearts. Even though we may have problems and sickness in our lives, we can have joy in our hearts.

We have joy knowing that God is always with us. He is with us in good times and in bad. We can have joy even in sickness, knowing that our situation is for the glory of God. Most of all we can have joy knowing our future is in God’s hands and when this life is over we will be with Jesus in Heaven forever.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 17, 2020
Happy Friday,

Probation Period

Luke 23:43 King James Version (KJV)43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Often when we get a new job, we are put on probation. During this time we our job is temporary. The way we work will determine how long our job will be. When Jesus was on the cross, He was still concerned about sinners.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

When one of the two men on crosses reached out to Jesus with a repented heart, God saved his soul. God did not offer him probation but full salvation.
When we fall and fail God, the devil will say our salvation is lost. The Holy Spirit whispers His invitation for us to come home to God and repeat. Only self-pride can keep us from seeking forgiveness.

We have no right to feel self-righteous at any time. The Bible says that our righteousness is filthy rags in the eyes of God. Just think how filthy we are when we sin. When we sin, we do not enter into the throne of God with self-pride. We enter with a repentive heart.

Let us pray that we will finish our rest with a humble spirit and a gentle heart. May we still be praying for lost souls all the way to the end of our lives here on earth. In these hard times remember the best is yet to come. Our new home awaits on the other side.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 16, 2020
Happy Thursday,

”In Times Like These”

There will be times in our Spiritual journey that we will feel that God has abandoned us. If we allow satan he will pull us away from God. We must remember God is with us. In these times resist the lies of the devil and cling to God. Our Heavenly Father is our anchor. He will hold us steady in the midst of high winds.

The devil seeks to hide the Son from us, but Jesus has not left you. As you cry out to God, we will begin to see Our Savior walking beside us. We choose how closely we walk with God. The closer we choose to walk with God the more we will feel the Holy Spirit moving in our lives. We must choose to pray every day, seeking God’s Will in our daily lives.
Betty

In Times Like These Lyrics

In times like these you need a Savior,
In times like these you need an anchor;
Be very sure, be very sure,
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

This Rock is Jesus, Yes He's the One,
This Rock is Jesus, the only One;

In times like these you need the Bible,
In times like these, O be not idle;

In times like these I have a Savior,
In times like these I have an anchor;
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 15, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

When I am walking in darkness remind me that you have never forsaken me nor shall you ever forsake me. When I feel misunderstood, remind me that you know me better then I know myself. When my load is too heavy for me remind me to take my burdens to you.

As my journey takes me to a strange and unknown lands help to remember that you are going before me and beside me. I did not choose this road for myself, but I trust you, God, enough to know the there is a reason for this particular road. I may not understand Your choice but I can trust Your will, all of my days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 14, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Pride

A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor. Proverbs 29:23

Self-pride will keep a sinner from accepting salvation. It will also cause a Christian to fall into temptation. Self-pride causes a sinner not to see his need for salvation. Self-pride convinces a Christian that they are above sinning. Both sinner and Christian are wrong.

Proverbs 16:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

When we begin to think our spiritual growth is because of us. When we compare ourselves with other Christians and see ourselves as better than them we are headed for a fall. God allows us to fall so that we can see that any spiritual growth we have is from God.

Our eyes should be on Jesus and not on ourselves. Remember the heart is deceitful.

Jeremiah 17:9 King James Version (KJV)9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

This is why people can live in sin and feel no guilt. They have filled their hearts with self-pride and rejected the sweet whisper of the Holy Spirit until their hearts have become hardened. When we remember that the successes that we do have are because of the grace of God we are less likely to fall into the sin of pride.

Give all the glory to God. Praise him during good and bad times and our spiritual journey will be easier for us. It is hard to praise God when we are going through painful situations, but remind ourselves to sing praises to God. As we sing our hearts will open up and we will receive a blessing from God in the midst of the storm.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 13, 2020
Happy Monday,

I spent an hour and a half writing my blog only to accidentally cut it. It is frustrating because I am not able to bring it back, despite all my trying. Just as words said in anger can never be taken back. In spite of all our apologies and our sorrow, we cannot erase what we have said. When we are hurt by others, our first reaction is to cut them with our words. God wants us to stop. This means for us to walk away. Better to say to the person, I will get back to you after I spend some quality time with God. If they insist on talking, walk away from them or hang up the phone. Do not allow someone to force you to speak when you are angry.

Ephesians 4:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

When we take our anger to God He can heal our anger before it turns to bitterness. We then can go to sleep in peace, knowing that God will give us the right words to say in love. Not only must we forgive, but we must choose not to dwell on the situation. When the devil brings us past hurts, remind him that you have forgiven the person through the power of the Holy Spirit.

We also have to forgive ourselves. Too many times, long after God has forgiven us, the devil will remind us of our past sins. We can form a habit where we persecute ourselves over past sins. Remind the devil that God has forgiven you. Listen to praise music to get the devil out of your head.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 12, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Sing Praises to the Lord

Psalm 30:4 King James Version (KJV)4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Often in the Bible, we are encouraged to sing praises to God. This is something, David talked about often. Singing praises to God in all seasons,
good and bad. We sing in good days as a way of thanking God for giving us good days. We sing sacrifice of praise when things are bad, to encourage ourselves in the Lord.

Singing praises to God in the midst hard times may be done with tears running down your face but as you sing, God will begin to fill your heart with joy.
When my youngest sister died, for months I often cried when I sang songs of praise. Yet each time I did I felt God healing my heart, a little bit at a time.

Psalm 146 King James Version (KJV)
146 Praise ye the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul.
2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:
6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:
7 Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The Lord looseth the prisoners:
8 The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous:
9 The Lord preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
10 The Lord shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the Lord.

The love of God for us is steady. Bad times do not mean that we have been forsaken by our Heavenly Father. Sometimes God chooses to heal on earth, sometimes He heals us in Heaven. It is so easy to want to question God on why He chose to heal us or our loved one in Heaven. We must remember that God knows all things. He is reasoning is far beyond our understanding. It takes strong faith in making it through a loss of one that we loved. Remember God said we must have faith in order to please God.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Cry out to God in the midst of suffering. He will hear our prayers. He will comfort us and help us to stand strong even in the Valley of death.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 11, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”What Would Jesus Do?”

Years ago it was popular to wear a bracelet that had letters on it that spelled ”What would Jesus do”? The idea behind it was well-meaning. In times of decisions, you look at the bracelet and remind yourself to only do what Jesus would do. The concept was good, but we need to take it a further step. We need to live every day in a way that is pleasing to God.

When we make it a habit to live our lives in a way to please God, we do not need a bracelet to remind us. Pleasing God will be like a second skin to us. This does not mean we will never go off rail. When we are living to please God, our hearts will grieve us immediately when we do, and we will be led to repent and seek restoration with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 10, 2020

Desires of the Heart

We are often guilty of saying that God wants to give us the desires of our hearts. The truth is many times the desires of our hearts are carnal and can lead us astray.

Jeremiah 17:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

We should be praying that God will give us the desires of His Heart. The desire of God for our lives is far better than we can ever dream or hope for. When we choose God’s will over our own we chose what is the best.

Psalm 73:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Choosing God’s desires over our own is actually choosing what is best for us. Seeking to please God over our own desires will give us a better future. This is the opposite of what the world teaches. We live in a world that challenges us to do what makes us happy, what gives us satisfaction. Living for self may bring temporary satisfaction but the more we feed our selfish desires the more our hearts demand. A self-serving heart is never satisfied.

As a Christian, we will find fulfillment in living for God.

Psalm 65:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Proverbs 19:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Living for God does not mean we will not struggle but we will find satisfaction when we live in a way that is pleasing to God. The path that God chooses for us maybe rocky and rough but the end result will be fulfilling and lead us to a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 9, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Knowing God

Pleasing your mate requires you know them intimately. Knowing them better than others. You need to know their likes and dislikes. Knowing what makes them happy. It takes time and effort to know someone intimately. For us to know God takes an effort on our part. If the only time we open our Bibles is on Sunday, how can we really know God? If our knowledge of God is only what others tell us, we will not have a heart knowledge of God.

We learn who God is by studying His Holy Word. We develop a relationship with God through daily communication with Him. The more communication with God, the stronger our love grows for God. The more we love Him, the more time we want to spend with Him. A healthy growing relationship with God should be our heart’s desire.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 8, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Ressurection of the Saints

Ressurection is not just something that appeared in the New Testament. God gave Job assurance that he would see God in a brand new body.

Job 19:25-27 King James Version (KJV)
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

I just learned this today. What a wonderful realization to learn that God had a plan from the very beginning to redeem sinners and provide a way for them to spend eternity in His presence. The love that God has for mankind is beyond our ability to comprehend.

We get caught up, focusing on our problems and we are not about to see the truth. The truth that our suffering on earth is just a drop in time, compared to an eternity in Heaven. Wherein there will be no pain, no tears, and no sin. When we focus on eternity we can bear our cross and have complete trust in God.
Betty

https://youtu.be/C9kllFr7jlQ

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement