Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 6)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 9, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

God Made The Family

“Then the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him’” (Genesis 2:18, ESV). 

Why Is Homosexuality A Abomination To God?

God created the family as man and woman. The devil introduces homosexuality to mankind to attack the family unit God created. This was an attack by satan on God. As if to say to God that you created your family, but I am creating my own family.

The family unit is precious to God. The family was created before a Church was ever formed. The devil struck at the very heart of what was and is important to God.

A baby was meant to be made up of the cells of both mother and dad. Mom, Dad, and children form a complete family. This was designed by God. When sin came into this world, it corrupted the planet and people.

Side Note

Adoption is a great gift that a man and woman does because they cannot have children of their own and God bless moms and dads who take children that do not have a home and give them one

Back To Subject

Homosexuality is evil in the eyes of God. God does not hate sex. He does have rules about sex. Sex is to be between a husband and wife; a man and a woman brought together through marriage. Sex outside of marriage is fornication and is a sin.

When a person chooses to have a sexual partner of the same sex they are rebelling against the will of God. They are choosing to create a family not based on the will of God, but created by the devil, himself. The world can sugarcoat it all they want but God wants a family to be a man and woman united in marriage.

This was very hard to write. God gave it to me in the early hours. I prayed that if it was not God’s will, He would help me forget it before I woke up. Instead, I felt it more pressing when I woke up. I believe that God wants people to realize that God doesn't hate homosexuals, but to realize that homosexuality is a sin because it was created by the devil. I did not take what I am writing today lightly. I am literally trembling. I believe that because we are so close to the rapture that God wants people to understand why homosexuality is a sin against God. God help us all!
Betty

Leviticus 18:22
New King James Version
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
New King James Version
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
New King James Version
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]homosexuals, nor [b]sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were [c]sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Corinthians 6:12-18
New King James Version
Glorify God in Body and Spirit
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not [a]helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of [b]any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

Romans 1:18-32
Open menu
New King James Version
Open menu

God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [a]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is [b]manifest [c]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [d]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like [e]corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [f]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [g]men, leaving the natural use of the [h]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, [i]sexual immorality, wickedness, [j]covetousness, [k]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [l]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [m]unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 8, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Jesus Is Coming Soon

I awoke early this morning, and I felt in my spirit a voice saying that Jesus is coming soon and for people to prepare. I begin to rejoice and sing praises to God in my usual singing whisper. I was so happy.

I went back to sleep but now that I am awake, I am still rejoicing. Even if Jesus does not come for months, I still believe that He is coming soon. I believe it is time to stop doing those things that we call petty sins. Time to be careful of what we watch on TV for these things affect our spirit. In other words, it is time to get our house in order.

Psalm 139:23-24
King James Version
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Let the Psalm above be our daily prayer. Let us seek to live in righteousness and ask the Holy Spirit to help us live the way God wants us to live.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2022
Happy Friday,

Overcomers

1 Corinthians 15:57
New King James Version
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do not allow the devil to steal your victory. For through our Lord Jesus we are victorious. At times it may seem like we are losing the war over the devil, but Jesus has already won the war.

The devil will fight us and at times we do lose some battles but go to the end of the Bible and you will see that the war against the devil has already been won by our precious Lord and Savior.

With tears in our eyes we can sing ‘Victory in Jesus’. The war has been won and our rewards await us in Heaven. Glory to God and praise His Holy Name.
Betty

Revelation 3:12
He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 6, 2022
Happy Thursday,

“Give Us Your Spirit”

Daily Prayer for October 6
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. John 17:25–26, NIV
Lord our God, our Father, give us your Spirit, we pray, for you have ruled over us at all times and loved us with a love that guides and leads us, that helps us go forward in body and soul. Reveal your hand. Grant that we undertake nothing in human strength; may everything come from you for each one whose heart holds true to you and who does the work intended for him. Then everything we do on earth can be a service to you. Protect us through your great goodness and faithfulness, which have been with us to this day and will go with us into the future. “Amen

I honestly, do not think that we can over-emphasize the need for the Holy Spirit to refresh us daily. Every day we face new challenges, troubles, and temptations. Whether we have been saved one year or 63 years, none of us have arrived at perfection.

As we get older the temptations the devil chooses will be different than
the days of our youth. Yet, we do not have to give in to temptation. We pray every day when we wake up for God to provide what we need to resist that day’s temptations. God will provide what we need.

There will be days when we are tired and hurting that we will slip up. This is when we ask God for forgiveness. God’s love for us will not change because we mess up. Remember David was not perfect but he was a praying man. In these days we are living in we need to be praying more than we have all of our lives.

Friends, do not give up. At a moment when we least expect it, Jesus will come for us. Until then let us live our best days for our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 5, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Be Faithful

Hebrews 3:7-15
New King James Version
Be Faithful
7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,

Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,

Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,
And saw My works forty years.
Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they have not known My ways.’
So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but [a]exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

As the age of grace is ending we are seeing more and more people who have hardened their hearts to the Holy Spirit. Women who brag of their abortions and seem to feel no shame.

In the entertainment industry, we see people publically blaspheme God and the coming rapture. They consider the things of God a joke. Television shows that use the names of God and Jesus as a curse word. It is heartbreaking.

What do we do as Christians? We remain faithful to our Heavenly Father. We spend the last of our days on this earth sharing the Gospel of Jesus. Remember as much as our hearts are broken by the sins of the world, how much so must be the heart of God.
Betty

Help Me To Be Faithful Lord (poem)

Help Me To Be Faithful Lord

Help me to be faithful in the
sharing of Your Word Lord
And not to have the fear of men
For I've been indwelt by the Spirit of God
That gives power, love, and a soundnness of mind
Give me a burden for lost souls Lord
Who are struggling from day to day
Doing the same things over and over
Needing a change in their ways

Let love be my ammunition
Along with a heapful of prayer
Waiting upon the Holy Spirit
To guide in the conversations there
With a heart sincere for service
Doing the will of the Lord
Sharing the wonderful love of the Saviour
And to the honoring of God's Word

Help me to be faithful Lord
for there's an eternity at stake
And that they may recognize the fact of
The most important decision that they must make
For death is but a breath away
Our time here ends in our demise
Days go swiftly flleting by
Now we're old!. Surprise!...Surprise!

How much have you felt the presence of God?
Have you ever sought the Master's face?
Have you enjoyed the reading of His Word!
His songs of amazing grace!
You're never ready for Heaven
Until Heaven is inside of you
God knows His sheep and calls them by name
Today is He calling you?!!!

O for the wonderful Salvation
That's to be found in the Lord Jesus Christ
Give elevation to that precious name
Who paid the greatest of Sacrifice
Love has left His calling card
He gives victory over the grave!
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ today
And today you shall be saved!

Remember...He's our burden bearer
Cast all of your cares His way
Let your heart receive His acceptance
Be born again today!
Amen...His strength is perfect....
Find your strength in Him
Quickly now find a quiet spot
And invite the Lord Jesus in

Forgiveness will come in like an avalanche
Bringing peace and joy along
Your heart will burst forth in praises
For He giveth the heart a new song
Don't leave off of finding Him
The true lover of your soul
Take an eternal relief from sin's penalty
And let the Saviour make you whole!!!

Hallelujah what a Saviour!

Copyright February 12 2021 4:46 AM

Gary James Smith

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Jesus WILL Not Disappoint Us

Promise #277:
“If you believe in Jesus, you will not be disappointed.”

1 Peter 2:6 (WEB)
Because it is contained in Scripture,
“Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious:
He who believes in him will not be disappointed.”

There will be times in life that things do not go our way. There will times that things happen to us that offend us. Yet, God always has the best plans for us and our families.

We may be offended by what happens to us and our families but when we step back from our pain and trust God in times of disappointment we can lay aside our disappointment in God and trust God in all circumstances.

Trusting God completely is laying down our desires and trusting Him even when we do not understand the reasons why. Some of our questions may not be answered until we enter Heaven. God wants us to trust Him as we wait for answers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 2, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Fill Us With Your Holy Spirit

Daily Prayer for October 2
“In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2, NIV
Lord our God, give us your Spirit, we beseech you, that we may find your paths on earth and live in the hope and certainty that everything is in your hands, even when we see much that is unjust and evil. May we remain under your protection, living by your commandments and in your Spirit. For your Spirit witnesses to the truth and longs to change and lift up our lives. Your Spirit longs to reach all people who have felt your touch, longs that they may come to you and have life. “Amen

We should pray every day that the Lord will fill us with His Holy Spirit so that we are not like the unwise virgins. We want to live for God to the best of our ability in righteousness and truth.

The Lord God is willing to answer our prayers. Are we willing to humble ourselves before our God? Are willing to admit our need for a Savior and a God to guide us in His will? When we do, He will answer. Heavenly Father speak to us and guide us daily in Your Will. Amen
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 1, 2022
Saturday,

“Come Unto Me”

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

My friends, there will be times when we are overwhelmed with trials, problems, and burdens. It is easy to feel like giving up in these times. Yet, we must remind ourselves that God knew we would have these days. This is why He calls us to come to Him for rest.

It is through these days that we grow spiritually. As much as it hurts we must ask ourselves if we really want to stay in what spot spiritually? Do we want to grow stagnant? Of course not! We want to be our best for Heavenly Father.

So when it gets too rough, do not give up but go to God and ask Him to comfort you and give you physical a d spiritual strength.
Betty

Acts 20:32
New King James Version
32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

Romans 16:25
New King James Version
Benediction
25 [a]Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

Ephesians 3:20-21
New King James Version
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Jude 24-25
New King James Version
Glory to God
24 Now to Him who is able to keep [a]you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25To [b]God our Savior,
[c]Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and [d]power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 30, 2022
Happy Friday,

The God Of Peace

Daily Prayer for September 30
“CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, in the world we are full of fear; in you we have peace. We pray that your Spirit may give us the joy of your heavenly kingdom and the strength to live in your service. Remember those who suffer pain, who still have to walk paths of fear and distress. Grant them help, to the glory of your name. May we be united in hope and in expectation of what you will give through your great goodness and faithfulness. Amen”

Our Heavenly Father wants us to live in peace. Even when we are in a world that is full of lawlessness, evil and other drama, He wants us to have peaceful hearts and minds.

Yes, there is a lot around us to fear, but we serve a God that can protect us and guide us. God does not fear anything for there is no one above Him. When we realize the power that God has we can rest in Him. If we live, God is with us, if we die, we go live with God. In all circumstances, God is with us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 29, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Work For God With A Joyful Heart

Psalm 37:4
New King James Version
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

When we work for our Heavenly Father, let us not do our work out of obligation. Instead, work with a joyful heart. Singing praises to our God as we work.

When we work out of obligation we can allow resentment to fill our hearts and then our work will reap no rewards for us. We should we work for God because we love Him and we want to serve Him. Though we will be rewarded for our works, may our works come from a loving heart and not for what we can receive.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 28, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Jesus Is Coming Soon!

I had two dreams before I woke up, about the importance of sharing the news that Jesus is coming soon. Christians and those waiting on the fence post to make a decision need to know that the time of making a decision is soon coming to a close. Today is the day of salvation, for no one but God knows what tomorrow holds.

On that day, Christians will say that they would have done things that they have put off if they had known the rapture would happen that day. People on the fence about salvation will moan that they did not receive salvation before the rapture.

Christians let us live like every day is rapture day. Sharing the Gospel wherever we can. Sinners come to Jesus while the door is still open.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 27, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Fear, Falling

“Promise #270:
I will keep you from falling until you joyfully stand blameless in My presence.

Jude 1:24 (WEB)
Now to him who is able to keep them from stumbling,
and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory in great joy,”

With so much evil and lawlessness abounding in this world, it is easy to fear sinning. We do not have to live in fear. We can begin each day praying for God to guide us and light our paths so we do not fall into satan’s traps.

With the Holy Spirit living in us, we can avoid evil. When we do sin, seek forgiveness from God and anyone we hurt. God wants us to live in righteousness but when we do sin, He will forgive us and bring us back on the right path. May God help us to be faithful and trust in Him through all circumstances.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 26, 2022
Happy Monday,

Jesus Prayed

John 17
New King James Version

Jesus Prays for Himself
17 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [a]should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Just as we should talk to God, daily. Jesus also talked to His Father when He was on earth. Now Jesus is in Heaven and once again a part of the God Head. Verse 5 makes it clear that Jesus was part of the Godhead before the world begin. Jesus was not created. He has always been God. We worship God in spirit and truth.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 25, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Our Future Is Beyond our Imagination

Daily Prayer for September 25
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more...And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:1, 5, RSV
Lord our God, our Father, we look deep into your mighty Word and see the glory of the new world you will create according to your justice and truth. We thank you for giving us this joy on earth in the midst of all our toil and striving. We look deep into your Word. You make all things new. To this hope our lives are directed, to this hope you have called us, and we want to be faithful forever. Praise to your name, for you have already done great things for us! Keep us in your Word. Let many find the light, for in this light they may look to you in simple faith and constancy until the end, when throughout the world we may see your glory and your grace. “Amen

In our human minds, we cannot comprehend the idea of a new Heaven and Earth. We can not even imagine the Heaven that exists now. We are not living our best life now and never will on this earth.

My friends the best is yet to come. God is going to create a new Heaven and earth for His children. What a glorious hope for our future! Let us serve our Heavenly Father, faithfully out of our love for Him. The little trials we face today will barely be memories when spending eternity with our Christian brethren and God. Indeed! What a day of rejoicing that will be! Even, so come quickly Lord Jesus!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 24, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Lord, Give Us Rest

“Do you have worries or concerns about circumstances beyond your control?
 In our most vulnerable moments, Jesus—the Good Shepherd described in Psalm 23—wants to heal, comfort, and strengthen His flock.
 You can find the answers to life’s tests and trials as He makes you “lie down in green pastures.”
 When you feel like you cannot go on—when taking another step feels impossible—you can find rest in His goodness by drinking from the “still waters” of His Spirit.”(1)

None of us are super Christians. We all grow tired and we all become discouraged at times. The question is what do we do when these things happen? God wants us to go to Him, first and not after we tried multiple other things. God wants us to consider Him our first choice.

We would be much better off going to God instead of exhausting ourselves instead of trying to fix everything ourselves. David was a man after God’s own heart because He learned to depend on God. We, too can depend on God.
Betty

(1) CBN

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 22, 2022
Happy Thursday,

We Can Endure Because We Love God

“Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.” 
Matthew 24:11-13 

It is our love for God that helps us endure trials and tribulations. Since my son died many people have said to me that they could not handle that. Truth is I thought I could not have either. Yet, God equips us to handle the battles that He sends us through.

Anyone that has been with me through this journey has seen my struggle, doubts, and despair, but yet through every hurdle God has been with me. Times, when I lost the will to live God, sustained me. Times when discouragement overcame me, God lifted me up.

We do not know what the future holds but we need not live in fear. Whatever we need to walk through what’s coming, God will provide. Let us not spend the present worrying about the future. God will be with us through today’s troubles and He will sustain us through whatever lies ahead.

We love God and and He will enable us to endure to the end, when we will be greeted by Jesus as He welcomes us into Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 21, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Pray Throughout The Day

If we spent a day with a relative or friend and only spoke a good morning and a goodbye to them, what a wasted day that would be! God is with us all the time. It is beneficial to talk to God throughout the day.

We do not have to be on our knees to pray. We can talk to God while driving, cooking, and doing other chores. We can offer up praises to God throughout our day.

Last night we did not go to sleep until 7:30 this morning. We talked, and listen to music some. I also prayed and sang praises to God in my head. I am not saying this to brag but to remind ourselves that there are many opportunities for prayer in our lives. God help us to be more thankful.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 20, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

“Our Faith Is Not In Vain”

Daily Prayer for September 20
“Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty – and I will meditate on your wonderful works. Psalm 145:3–5, NIV
Lord God, our Helper, we thank you for walking among us and for letting many experience your protection. Even when we are dying, you protect and help us so that we need not pass into death but may enter into life. So may our hearts be lifted up to you. Grant that the light in us remains undimmed, and that we may come before you in sincerity. Lord God, create good out of evil. Let light dawn in the darkness. Fulfill your promise, for our hearts are not concerned with human desires but with your promise. You will carry it out, and we will be able to say, "Our faith was not in vain, our hope was not in vain. Lord our God, you have blest us a thousandfold." Amen

We can put our faith confidently in our Heavenly Father. The more we desire the will of God over our own will, the more at peace we will be. Living for Jesus brings us joy. God is perfection and even when we do not understand why He allows certain things to happen in our lives, we can be assured that His reasoning is just.

Trusting in God is serving God even when we do not understand why God lead us through battles and allowed our health to weaken. Our understanding of the reason why is not a requirement of us but, having complete trust in God through all things is.

Many things are going on in the world today that leave us scratching our heads in wonder. We see evil growing around us and we can easily become stressed, but when we remember that God is in control, we can be strong in our faith in God and not become fearful.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 19, 2022
Happy Monday,

Do Not Be Ashamed of Your Faith

Romans 1:16-17
New King James Version
The Just Live by Faith
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel [a]of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Our Lord and Savior is worthy of all praise. God help us to never be ashamed of our relationship with God. For how can we be ashamed of the One who left the glories of Heaven to live and die for our sins?

It is a dangerous matter to belittle Scripture. We can do this when our friends complain about the Bible’s stand on gay marriage. We may want to look cool for our friends, but to deny the truth of God’s Word is stepping into dangerous waters.

The same thing applies to abortion. Do we stand up for the truth of the Bible or quickly change the subject? What will we do if a Government Offical shows up at our door asking questions about our beliefs? To be honest my first response would be to say come back with a warrant. Figuring my relationship with God is a personal matter. Yet, there may come a day when we will have to answer these questions under oath.

We prepare for that by asking God to strengthen our faith and our relationship with Him so that we can speak the truth in all circumstances. We pray for the soon rapture while at the same time we pray for God to prepare us for any challenges we may face. He will equip us for all battles.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 18, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Hope in the Midst of A Storm

Romans 15:13
New King James Version
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We can live in hope even when we are overwhelmed by our circumstances. Hope is believing things will get better when at the moment when they are not. It is trusting God to get us through the storms of life.

It is important to trust in God in the middle of our storms. If we let our faith waiver then we weaken our relationship with God. In these times we need a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father. We cultivate a strong relationship with God by spending more time with God. We cannot live on yesterday's victories. We must work on our relationship with God every day.
Betty

Ephesians 6:10
New King James Version
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 17, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Stay Fast In Our Faith

Hebrews 10:23
New King James Version
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Let us not be double-minded, but hold on to our faith in God with strong determination. We cannot grow spiritually if our faith wavers from day to day. We must choose to trust God completely.

We must choose to be faithful children of God. Choose to worship Him in Spirit and Truth. May God help us to live in righteousness and faithfulness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2022
Happy Friday,

We Do Not What Lies Ahead

Daily Prayer for September 15
CHRISTOPHER FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways. This is the very word of the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8–9, NEB
Lord our God, we thank you for allowing us to come to you and to stand before your face. We thank you for helping us throughout our life on earth, for strengthening our faith in you and our trust in all you do. Bless us and give us courage. May your light shine out among the peoples so that they recognize your will. May your light shine out so that your name may be praised and we can rejoice in the new time you give us. For you will be at work and you will accomplish it. Even when we do not know what will become of our time, you know what our time needs, and you will carry out your will. You will let your name be honored. You will bring your kingdom, and you will change everything for the good. “Amen

We trust in God even when we do not know what today holds much less the future. We can trust in God because He is faithful and just and He rules with mercy. We need not fear what tomorrow will bring because God will be with us. Whatever the day brings God will sustain us and the Holy Spirit will encourage us.

Our job is to trust God and serve Him out of a heart of love. We worship not out of obligation but out of a heart of love for our Heavenly Father. We praise God because He is worthy of all of our praise. We rejoice in the Knowledge that our future is with God for eternity. Bless His Holy Name, forever!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 14, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Spiritual Battles

“Promise #257:
I will train you for battle with My shield of salvation.

Psalm 18:34-35 (WEB)
34 He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have also given me the shield of your salvation.
Your right hand sustains me. Your gentleness has made me great.”

Do not be received by the devil. We are indeed fighting spiritual battles. The devil wants to weaken our faith and our commitment to God. His demons want to lead us astray into false teaching.

We do not have to be weak easy prey. We can put on the armor of God and with the help of God, we can be victorious. We are land sided by the media, TV, and even on our computers evil words come sliding down our screen to catch our eyes. With the Holy Spirit, we can overcome evil and stand in righteousness.

May God helps us in these last days to stand for the truth of God’s Holy Word and resist the lies of the devil and his demons. Keep looking up for our Redemption indeed drawth neigh.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 13, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

An Unearned Gift

Daily Prayer for September 13
“For it is by his grace you are saved, through trusting him; it is not your own doing. It is God's gift, not a reward for work done. There is nothing for anyone to boast of. Ephesians 2:8–9, NEB
Lord our God, we know that we are your children, and in this certainty we gather in your presence as a community. Grant us your Spirit, the Spirit who works in us and frees us from the many evils that still torment us. Be with us and let the power of your great grace and mercy be in our hearts so that we may gain the victory and lead joyful lives on earth in spite of our many shortcomings, blunders, and sins. For your grace is great, much greater than all our failings. You are our God and Father, and we want to keep our consciences clear today and always through your grace. “Amen.

We did not earn our gift of salvation. God did not save us because we were such good people. He saved us because He loved us. This is good to know because the devil likes to remind us of our failures and tell us that we are unworthy of God’s love.

The truth is God saved us not because we were worthy but because He loves us. When we sin, He chooses to forgive us because He loves us. His love for us is greater than our failures.

The more we love God, the less we want to sin. The closer we walk with Him, the less attractive sin becomes. We want to live holy lives not to impress others but because we love God. We work for God not out of obligation but out of our desire to please our Heavenly Father.

The older we get in our walk with God the more heavenly-minded we become. We realize that this world cannot compare to the glories of Heaven and the deeper our desire becomes to see our Lord and Savior face to face.
Maranatha,
Betty

Oh, I Want to See Him

As I journey through the land, singing as I go
Author: R. H. Cornelius (1916)
Tune: [As I journey through the land, singing as I go]
Published in 70 hymnals

FlexScore
O I Want to See Him
Representative Text
1 As I journey through the land singing as I go,
Pointing souls to Calvary– to the crimson flow,
Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.
Refrain:
Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
There to sing forever of His saving grace;
On the streets of Glory let me lift my voice;
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.
2 When in service for my Lord dark may be the night,
But I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light;
Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside;
But my Lord goes ahead, leads whate'er betide. [Refrain]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 12, 2022
Happy Monday,

Our Prayers

“Promise #255:
Before you even call out to Me, I will answer you. 

Isaiah 65:24 (WEB)
It will happen that, before they call, I will answer;
    and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”

There are times when we pray that we feel like God either did not answer or our prayers did not make it to Heaven. If we are honest we want instant results from our prayers. We want our timing and not God’s timing. Sometimes we can feel like we are hanging in limbo, waiting for answers.

God always hears our prayers. His timing and our timing are not always the same. Waiting on answers requires us to have patience. We do not always want to be patient. We live in an instant generation. God’s timing is always best. When we surrender to God’s will we will be at peace. We must learn to trust God in all circumstances.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

He Is Never Far From Us

“Promise #254:
Reach out and you will touch Me for I am not far from you.

Acts 17:27 (WEB)
that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for him 
and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.”

Twenty -One years ago our Nation was attacked. America came together as one Nation to fight a common enemy. Sadly, today America is divided and our biggest enemy is ourselves.

In our spiritual walk with God, we often find ourselves being sabotaged by our own fleshly desires. When troubles come we often fail to seek God’s help but, instead try to fight on our own. We forget that in spiritual battles we need the spiritual armor that God has provided for us.

Ephesians 6:12
King James Version
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The closer we get to the rapture the more intense the spiritual battle will become. Do not wait until the battle to become spiritually ready, but pray every day that the Holy Spirit will keep us battle-ready. The closer we walk with God, the better prepared we will be.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 10, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Guide Us, Heavenly Father

Daily Prayer for September 10
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105, NIV
Lord our God, we stand before your presence. Look in mercy upon us poor, weak children, who do not know where to turn unless you help us with your mighty hand. We trust in you. You will help us, you will always be with us, and even in hard times you will accomplish your will for what is good. Bless us today as we gather to hear your Word. May your Word always be our strength and joy. Your Word gives victory in us and in the whole world so that your will may be done on earth as in heaven. “Amen

So many things going on in this world, today. It is easy to be distracted and led astray from what our true purpose is. We are here to share the Gospel, encourage the brethren, and to pray for one another.

We cannot help but be affected by the tragedies and the evil around us, yet we can find peace when we call out to God. In Him, we will find peace to withstand the storms that surround us.

Our hope is not in mankind but in our Creator. When we keep our eyes on our Heavenly Father, we will find the courage to keep going and keep serving our Blessed Savior.
Betty

Philippians 3:13-15
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 9, 2022
Happy Friday,

Strong In The Lord

Daily Prayer for September 9
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10–11, NIV
Lord God, we thank you that it is your will to strengthen us through your presence, through Jesus Christ, the leader of your cause, who is and remains victor among all on earth. Our souls need strength and our hearts need confidence so that in our time we can draw near to you and to your kingdom. Bless us with the Holy Spirit whenever we begin to grow weary. Your Holy Spirit can give us the strength to believe and hope, the strength to see the salvation that is coming to give joy to all the world. “Amen

We would love to say that we are strong in the Lord every day. The truth is we all have bad days when we feel weak. When our troubles overwhelm us. This is when we become too focused on our problems and less focused on our Heavenly Father.

Even them God reaches out to us. My neighbor sent me a text today, with a reminder that God has my back and while my problems are bigger than me they are not bigger than God. When I remember this I do not have to fear.

My dear friends let me encourage you to stay focused on the Lord. Ask for prayer from others when you feel overwhelmed. Do not do like I often do and stuff your problems down inside and pretend everything is fine. It is not a weakness to ask for help from others and God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 8, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Lord Jesus, We Need Thee

“Lord Jesus, sometimes we are like the disciples, unsure and confused and without many options. Sur­prise us with your generosity, and help us to realize that we depend total­ly on you. Amen.”
Written by: Julia Prins Vanderveen

There are days that we feel overcome. Days that we do not feel any hope and we do not have any hope to offer anyone else. Then out of the blue, we get a phone call that changes our attitude. Our circumstances may not change but we feel completely different.

God has given us comfort and encouragement using the voice of another. We no longer feel like we are struggling alone but we experience of knowing God is with us. We can keep walking knowing that the Holy Spirit is in us and God is walking with us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 6, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

He Will Carry Us

Promise #249:
I will carry you in My arms just like a father carries his child.

Deuteronomy 1:31 (WEB)
and in the wilderness, where you have seen how that Yahweh your God bore you, 
as a man does bear his son, in all the way that you went, until you came to this place.”

There are times in our lives when we are so overwhelmed that we feel like a blind men stumbling in the dark. This is when the devil tries to convince us that God has abandoned us. If we listen to the devil for too long we can find ourselves overcome by depression.

This is when we need to ask God to open our eyes so that we can see that we are surrounded by the angels of God and that the Holy Spirit still abides in our hearts. When we take our eyes off of our circumstances we can focus on God and the work He is doing through us.

Glorify our Heavenly Father amid the storms of life. Worship God in spirit and truth. Rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus overcame the devil and He will lead us through victory.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 5, 2022
Happy Monday,

Happy Labor Day,

The closer you are to the bottom of the work chain, the less respect you get. The more physical your job is the more you are taken for granted. Yet, this world would be more miserable if the people who keep the lights working in your house and water running through your house did not do their job.

This is not true with God. It doesn't matter what job God has assigned you, your work is important to Him. When we work for God out of our love for Him, we will be rewarded in Heaven. He does not take our work for granted. Let us all work for God out of a motivation of our love for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 04, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

A New Day

When we wake, our day is an empty page. Sometimes because of grief, we can begin to dread each day. Let us instead remind ourselves that each new day is a chance to make a difference in the life of another. Each new day gives us a chance to work for God. A chance to allow Him to work through us for His glory.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 3, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Rest In Him

“Promise #246:
You can rest in My love, for I have power to save you.

Zephaniah 3:17 (WEB)
Yahweh, your God, is in the midst of you, a mighty one who will save. 
He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. 
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Whatever we are going through God is with us. He is not just watching from above but His Holy Spirit surrounds us with His love. We need not fret, worry, or live in despair for God will save us. His love will calm us in the storm and He rejoices over us with song.

What wondrous love God bestows upon His children. What a blessing it is to know that God cares about each of His children with more affection and love than we can even imagine. Let us in return praise, God, with all of our hearts and souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 2, 2022
Happy Friday,

Yesterday, I gave myself over completely to depression. I stayed in my pj’s all day and we spent a lot of the day in bed. We grieved together and held on to each other.

When I woke up, today I felt much better. I got up took a bath and got dressed. I think we needed that yesterday just to grieve together. When we lose our child or mate, it is okay to grieve.

The important thing is not to allow ourselves to be angry at God. He knows and sees what we cannot see. His ways are higher than ours. Completely trust God even in circumstances even those things that hurt us. One day everything will be made know to is. Today we must determine to trust God’s judgment.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 1, 2022
Thursday,

One Year Anniversary

Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest

One year ago today, my son went to be with the Lord. I could not sleep last night. It was weird, I was feeling peaceful and yet overwhelmed with sadness. When I did go to sleep I slept till almost 2 p.m. Today I have a headache and my brain feels fuzzy and confused.

Even on this day of heartache, I know God is with me. No matter what we are going through, remind yourself that God has not forsaken you. Today will bring tears but I am blessed to still have family reaching out to me. Do not give up but wholly trust in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 31, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

God’s Promises Bring Hope and Peace

“Promise #243:
You can look forward to the new heaven and earth that I have promised.

2 Peter 3:13 (WEB)
But, according to his promise, 
we look for new heavens and a new earth, 
in which righteousness dwells.”

We can become overwhelmed by the world around us. Life throws us off balance at times. Loss of family members, a sickness that affects our family or ourselves can cause us to get tripped up.

Yet when we read the promises of God then we are reminded that this life is temporary. Our future is brighter than we can comprehend. No matter what the devil throws at us our future is secure in the hands of our Heavenly Father. Rest in the promises of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 30, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Fear

I just worked up from a nightmare. When I woke up my body felt like it was frozen. Even now my body feels stiff. Fear can freeze us in not moving. We have no control over our dreams, but we can keep fear from controlling our awakening moments.

When the devil whispers fear in our ears, we turn to the God of peace, our Heavenly Father, and find peace. His peace chases our fears away. We cannot keep the devil and his demons from whispering in our ears, but we can choose to turn to God for help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 29, 2022
Happy Monday,

Stay The Course

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

There are many temptations in this world to tempt us to leave the path that God has put us on. The grass is never greener on the other side. The devil makes sin look glamorous and can tempt us into compromise. Do not be tempted to think a little sin will not hurt us. Sin will take us much further than we ever planned on going.

We stay the course not out of fear but, because we love our Heavenly Father. The more we love Him the more we want to please Him. Be watchful and prayerful for the enemy is constantly looking for a door to lead us a stray. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 28, 2022
Blessed Sunday

Faith Is A Requirement

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (I JOHN 5:14 NIV)

We cannot be saved without a measure of faith. God knew that and supplied mankind with the faith needed for salvation. What has happened to a person who says they have no faith. Truth is they have faith. It takes faith to live.

You need faith when you flip a light switch expecting light to come on. You have faith when you get dressed to go somewhere and expect the car to start. Over time a person can kill the faith they have received from God. Every time the Holy Spirit calls a person and they refuse His call, their hearts grows a little harder. Over time they have hardened their hearts and ears until they are no longer are capable of hearing the Holy Spirit.

They have chosen to reject salvation to the point that God allows them to have their own desire to die in their sin. It has been said that God sends no one to hell, but that people choose to go there. To them this life is all they are concerned about. They have little-to-no thought about eternity.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 27, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Seek The Face Of God

Daily Prayer for August 27
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me. Psalm 27:7–9a, NIV
We thank you, dear Father in heaven, that you let the light from your face shine into our hearts. Look upon our time, we pray, with your clear, penetrating eyes, and let all people sense that they are watched over by more than they are able to see. Let them realize that a strong God and Father is watching over them. Protect us on our way, and let your light shine ever more brightly, so that in all we do your name is glorified. “Amen

Let us every day seek the face of God. May we want to know God and all His ways. May praises to God be on our lips throughout our days. May we seek to serve God in all our ways. God help us to live each day in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father.

Many of us traveled a long time in our walk with God. There have been bad times that have brought us to our knees. There have been joyful times like the birth of our children, their marriages and the birth of grandchildren. Through it out God has been with us. He knows us better than anyone and yet He loves us despite our faults. He has never given up on us. As we come to the end of grace, let us never give up on God, but trust in Him even more.
Betty

Hebrews 13:5 ESV
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

1 Corinthians 10:13
English Standard Version
13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Romans 8:1 ESV
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Isaiah 26:3 ESV
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 26, 2022
Happy Friday,

May God Be Our Teacher

Daily Prayer for August 26
“Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4–5, NIV
Lord our God, be our Father and care for your children here on earth, where it is often bitterly hard and where everything seems to turn against us. Keep us faithful in our inner life, drawing all our strength from you, the eternal power of life, and from Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. For Jesus has promised to come to us, and you will send him in our time of need. Let your strong hand be with those who often do not know where to turn. Show us paths we can follow, to the glory of your name in all eternity. “Amen

We may feel like we have our Christian life altogether and then tragedy or illness affects us and we can begin to feel like we are drowning in sorrow. We go from living in complete faith to wanting to crawl into bed and hide.

We do not realize that some of the greatest teachings comes through deep sorrow and physical pain. We are refined by walking through the fire. Unlike gold which is refined in the fire, we resist the fire. We cry out to God and question how He can treat us so badly. Yet even amid our deepest fears, pain, and sorrow, God is with us. Every day, He helps us to grow stronger in our faith and trust in Him.

We reach a point when our faith is strong enough that we can say with confidence whether we live or die, God is with us. There is still pain when thinking of our loved ones, but we can learn to be quietly content in our circumstances, as we look forward to our blessed hope, the rapture.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 24, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

“God’s Promise Is Not Slack

2 Peter 3
New King James Version
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [b]perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The world may appear to be going along as normal, but if you look closer, you can see prophecy playing out before your eyes. Policies being put together behind the scenes that will control every aspect of Americans’ lives, from what we drive to what we eat. The President is working on a new currency that will allow the government to know what every penny Americans spend their money on.

Knowing that prophecy is playing out before us should not scare us. This just means each day is one day closer to going to Heaven. Soon we will leave our troubles behind.

We can go to God with all of our troubles, concerns, and fears. We can live in hope knowing that God’s promises are eternal and He never lies.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 24, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

“God’s Promise Is Not Slack

2 Peter 3
New King James Version
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [b]perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The world may appear to be going along as normal, but if you look closer, you can see prophecy playing out before your eyes. Policies being put together behind the scenes that will control every aspect of Americans’ lives, from what we drive to what we eat. The President is working on a new currency that will allow the government to know what every penny Americans spend their money on.

Knowing that prophecy is playing out before us should not scare us. This just means each day is one day closer to going to Heaven. Soon we will leave our troubles behind.

We can go to God with all of our troubles, concerns, and fears. We can live in hope knowing that God’s promises are eternal and He never lies.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 23, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Why Do Bad Things Happen?

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

There are many things we wrestle with in this life, but I think death of a family member, has to be at the top. Especially a young child or a parent of young children, or our own child. A death of a spouse changes your entire life. It is impossible to wrap our head around God allowing those kinds of deaths.

Romans 8:28 is written to encourage us, but it does not mean that God is going to explain Himself to us. I admit even after 11 months since my son’s death I still at times want God to tell me why. Yet I know that God requires us to have faith.

Faith is hard sometimes. It is trusting God even when we do not understand the choices He makes. It is loving God even when just glancing at a picture of our deceased loved one brings us to tears. Trusting God's choices that have cut us deeply is hard. Yet if we love God we must trust Him in all circumstances, even those that cause us pain.

God will accomplish something good in our lives through tragedy. We can pray that we grow spiritually and that the Holy Spirit will work through us with more spiritual gifts so that we may work more efficiently for God. When we get to Heaven all things will be made known to us but today we must be faithful, trusting children of God.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 21, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Where Is Our Focus?

“While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18, NKJV)  

Paul reminds us that our present time is temporary. Problems that we deal with today, will be a faded memory when we get to Heaven. When we keep our focus on Heaven our present troubles we can deal with knowing there will come a day when they will end. Reminding ourselves of the glories of Heaven will help us press on through bad times, illness, and troubles.

Romans 14:8
New King James Version
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.

Whatever our circumstances are the Lord is with us. He will never desert us. The Holy Spirit that lives within us will encourage and comfort us. We need not fear the future for God will be with us in the future.

When we place our focus on God, we can seek to live our lives completely in the will of God, knowing His will is far better than our own desires. When we make the decision to put God first our hearts will be at peace. Encourage ourselves in the knowledge that it will not be long until we lay
aside these corrupted bodies and take on our glorified bodies and leave this sinful world and enter into the gates of Heaven.
Betty

Philippians 4:4
New King James Version
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 20, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Speaking The Truth In These Days

1 Corinthians 1:27
27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

If you dare to question today's morales, be prepared to face some attacks. Whether it is being unfriended on Facebook or cursed at on other social media. The truth is some do not want to hear the truth.

The reaction of others does not cancel our responsibility to our Heavenly Father. Our salvation was purchased by the precious blood of Christ. How can we dishonor His sacrifice by allowing mankind to tell us what we can say or not say?

If you study Revelations, you will see that Bible prophecy is being played out today. Our love for sinners should be strong enough to warn them in love before it is too late. Most of all continue to pray for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 19, 2022
Happy Friday,

Transform Me, O’Lord

As we get closer to the end of the Age of Grace, may our daily prayer be that God will transform us spiritually into the person God wants us to be. Let our eyes be open to those around us that need encouragement. May we pray for those in need, even if we do not know them. May we live with compassion, grace, and love as our guide.
Betty

Psalm 139:23-24
New King James Version
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 18, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Fear Not

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

I had knee surgery, yesterday. I could honestly say I had no fear. Not because I am a super Christian, but in the last year, God has increased my faith. I did not sleep well, Tuesday night, but it was not from fear. I had to get up at 3:45 a.m. I have a bad habit of watching the clock when I have to get up early.

God is so good. He encourages us when we are feeling down. He comforts us when we are suffering. I am so grateful for my neighbor who took me to the hospital at 5 a.m. and picked me up after the surgery. Grateful to my family, my Church, and friends who prayed for me. This has been a hard year for me and my family but God has sustained us with His love for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 16, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Trust In God

Daily Prayer for August 16
“Believe God, and he will recover thee: and direct thy way, and trust in him. Keep his fear, and grow old therein. Ye that fear the Lord, wait for his mercy: and go not aside from him, lest ye fall. Ye that fear the Lord, believe him: and your reward shall not be made void. Sirach 2:6-8 Douay-Rheims
Dear Father in heaven, we come before you to receive what we need as your children who cannot find help and guidance on our own, but only through your Spirit. Enlighten us by your Word, which you alone can give. You will give us your Word so that we can know with absolute certainty and clarity how to serve you. Your Word will show us the truth that is to be revealed on earth in Jesus Christ. Shelter us in your hands. Strengthen us especially during suffering, and free us from fear and trembling. Fill our hearts with patience and joy. “Amen

Tomorrow I have knee surgery. It's always a little scary having surgery at 70 and with COPD. I can honestly say I am not afraid for God has given me peace. I have faith that God will guide the Doctor in what to do.

When putting our trust in God we need not worry or fear. If we ask God He will give us peace. The more we trust in God the stronger our faith will grow.
There will be some suffering after the surgery, but God will be with me and I can trust Him to comfort me.

What ever battle you are going through you can trust God to be with you. He will sustain you and give you peace. We can trust God to bring us to the other side of trouble. Our hope is not in this world but in our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 15, 2022
Happy Monday,

Strengthen By God

“Promise #227:
I will give power to the exhausted and I strengthen the weak. 

Isaiah 40:29 (WEB)
He gives power to the weak. 
He increases the strength of him who has no might.”

We live in times that are hard. Inflation, crime, and political confusion are all up. It seems at times that all we hear from people in power are lies. There is one we can always trust. That is our Heavenly Father. He never lies and His Words are true.

We can grow weary just living in these days, but if we ask God He will give us strength. The work we do for God often comes under criticism. Other people do not always understand our motives. This is when we remember that we are working for God and not man. When our goal is to please God, then we will not become upset with people who are critical of our work.

We must rely on God for strength and courage to step out in faith and do what He has called us to do. When we do this we will have the physical and mental strength required for doing work. We can ask God for peace of mind and heart and He will gladly give those to us.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement