Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 19, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Calm in Spirit

We can be calm in any circumstance when we place our trust in God. When things are chaotic we need to take a few minutes to center ourselves in the grace of God. If we give in to the chaos we become like ants rushing around in circles. In the middle of life’s battles, we can seek the peace of God by prayer.

Psalm 107:29 King James Version (KJV)29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

Matthew 8:26 King James Version (KJV)26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

On the outside, chaos may be traumatic but on the inside we can have a calm spirit by trusting in God. When we turn our eyes away from our circumstances and put our eyes on Jesus, He will give us peace in the midst of the storm. God is bigger than any storm. Lay our fears at the feet of Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

The Shepherds in the field were frightened when a host of Angels surrounded them in the air.

Luke 2:10 King James Version (KJV)10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Shepherds of that day were considered lowly and simple, but yet God chose them to announce the birth of the Son of God. In simple faith, they believed the Angel and became the first to see Jesus lying in a manger. If we trust God, He will take us from fear into faith.

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Betty

https://youtu.be/WHWqj6gKS9g

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3833 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 18, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

”Today’s Jesus”

To some Jesus is a fictional character like the Easter Bunny. Some think Jesus is a genie in the bottle. Ready to fulfill all your wishes. Without reading God’s Holy Word, people can sit in Church and hear about a Jesus that is a cheerleader. This Jesus will make you feel comfortable in your sins. You can come to Church and leave a sinner but hyped up on ’Jesus Juice’.

Jesus did not sacrifice His life so we can feel good about our sins. We cannot receive salvation until we are convicted of our sins. We cannot be cleansed of our sins, until we acknowledge that we are a sinner, in need of a Savior. Jesus is not one of many saviors. He is the only Savior. He is not one of many ways to Heaven. He is the only Way.

Sadly, many Churches are more concerned about making their people feel good then preaching the truth of the Gospel. We need a Holy Spirit convicting message that will reach the hearts of sinners and show them their need of salvation. How can sinners be saved, if they do not understand the truth about their need of salvation?

We have Christians sitting year after year in a Church still babes in Christ. This is heartbreaking. Paul warned the Church of being content to live on milk all of their life. Content to never grow Spiritually.

Hebrews 5:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Woe to the Pastors, who are still babes in Christ. How can they lead their sheep into Spiritual growth, when they have not grown themselves in the Lord? We have babies leading babies. Worse then that is Pastors who no longer preaches about sin. ”I do not like to talk about sin”! Said a Pastor of a mega Church. Choosing not to make their sheep uncomfortable can lead to a congregation of sinners, who do not know the truth, nor do they want to hear the truth.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Fables might make you feel good about yourself, but they will not lead sinners to salvation. Judgment is coming to Pastors who prefer to make sinners comfortable in their sins, rather than preach the truth of the Gospel.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3833 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 17, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Magnifying Troubles and Shrinking Blessings

A human trait is making our troubles into mountains and our blessings into anthills. The devil encourages these traits by reminding us of our troubles and ignoring the many times God has blessed us. We all have troubles, sinners and saints. The difference is that God helps and sustains His children through their troubles. Let us moan less about our troubles and be more grateful for our blessings.

My husband takes the Sports Illustrated magazine. Last year Colin Rand Kaepernick was the winner of the sportsman of the year. A man who started the disrespect of our flag by football players. This year they picked Megan Rapinoe. A soccer player who threw our flag down on the ground as she celebrated her team’s victory. Another player on the team picked the flag off the ground and waved it proudly. No mention of her anywhere.

We are living in an age when respect for our Country and flag is unpopular. Love of your Country is frowned upon. Our Country and her people are being prepared to accept a one-world government. Yet, most Americans are blind to this. This trouble that will come upon America is a mountain of trouble, but most are blind to the coming disaster.

America has spit in the face of God for far too long. Judgment is coming soon. We need not fear the tribulation to come if we are saved. We will be with God in Heaven. Keep your faith secured in God and He will never forsake you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 15, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

A long frustrating night can lead to a morning filled with confusion. What do we do? We talk to God. Even when we can not put our emotions into words we can cry out to Jesus. God understands our pain and He does cares about our distress.

Psalm 18:3 King James Version (KJV)3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

It is easy to take our frustrating out on one another. Why when we feel badly, do we want to make others feel bad too? This does not mean we do not seek comfort from one another. Christians should want to encourage one another.

1 Thessalonians 5:10-12 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
10 So comfort and strengthen one another, just as you are doing. you to respect those who are working among you. They are your leaders in the Lord's work, and they tell you what you should do.
11 ) My brothers, we beg you, tell this to people who do not do what they should do. Talk to those who fear, and say something that will make them strong. Help those who are weak. Be patient with all people.
12 Do not let anyone do a wrong thing to a person if that person did a wrong thing to him. Always do good to one another. Be good to each other and to all men

A long frustrating night can lead to a day of praising the Lord if we take our problems to God. Seek God’s advice. Ask God to heal our hearts. Today is a new day. Live for the Lord and allow His light to shine through us so that others may see the light of God and be blessed.

Galatians 3:29 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)29 If you belong to Christ, you are Abraham's children. And if you are Abraham's children, you will receive the blessing that God has promised.

2 Corinthians 9:8 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)8 God is able to give you even more blessings than you need. In all things, you will always have all you need for yourselves, and you will have enough to help all others.

1 Peter 4:10 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
10 God has given each person a gift. That gift is something he can do. Each one should use his gift to help the others. In that way you all make good use of the many blessings God has given you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 14, 2019
Happy Saturday,

In My Time of Need, Give Me Strength

Psalm 18:2 King James Version (KJV)2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

There are times that we need strength, that only God can give. The loss of a mate requires a sustaining strength that gets us through the days ahead. Loved ones and friends offer support, but only God can give us the strength that gets us through the long hours of grief.

There are times that we go through spiritual battles that leave us with shaking knees and fearful hearts. In these times, if we will cry out to God He will sustain us through the long nights and the physical strength to make another day.

The devil will fill our heads with questions, of why God is allowing us to suffer. God does not always give the reason, but He will comfort us in our times of distress. We can trust in the sustaining grace of God. God will not forsake us in our times of need.

Physical battles can drain us spiritually and physically. We can find peace and grace in the arms of our Heavenly Father. On whatever road God has you traveling at this time, do not give up. Keep your eyes on the prize of Heaven and pray that God will give you the strength to make each day.
Betty

Philippians 3:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

1. O my brother, do you know the Savior,
2. Who is wondrous, kind, and true?
3. He’s the Rock of your salvation!
4. There’s honey in the Rock for you.
* Refrain:
* Oh, there’s honey in the Rock, my brother;
* There’s honey in the Rock for you;
* Leave your sins for the blood to cover;
* There’s honey in the Rock for you.
5. Have you tasted that the Lord is gracious?
6. Do you walk in the way that’s new?
7. Have you drunk from the living fountain?
8. There’s honey in the Rock for you.
9. Do you pray unto God the Father,
10. “What wilt Thou have me to do?”
11. Never fear, He will surely answer,
12. There’s honey in the Rock for you.
13. Then go out through the streets and byways,
14. Preach the Word to the many or few;
15. Say to every fallen brother,
16. There’s honey in the Rock for you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 13, 2019,
Happy Friday,

"What Wondrous Grace”

Romans 3:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

There is no human value that can comprehend the value of redemption.
Our minds are not able to imagine the beauty of Heaven. Yet we often take our salvation through Christ for granted. We can even be guilty of playing games with our salvation, straddling the fence between Saints and Sinners.

This Christmas let us remember the sacrifice Jesus made in leaving the glories of Heaven to be born in an barn. Laid as a baby, not in silk sheets, but laid in the manger of hay. This sacrifice demands respect and honor. Our love for Christ should lead us to worship God in Spirit and truth.
Betty

I know not why God’s wondrous grace
  To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
  Redeemed me for His own.
But “I know Whom I have believed
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
  Unto Him against that day.”
2 I know not how this saving faith
  To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His word
  Wrought peace within my heart.
3 I know not how the Spirit moves,
  Convincing men of sin,
Revealing Jesus through the Word,
  Creating faith in Him.
4 I know not what of good or ill
  May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
  Before His face I see.
5 I know not when my Lord may come,
  At night or noon-day fair,
Nor if I’ll walk the vale with Him,
  Or “meet Him in the air.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 12, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Willing to Serve

Are we willing to serve the Lord? Are we willing to obey Him? It is easy to say yes when we are at Church and we feel the Holy Spirit’s power. It’s another thing when God calls us to do the grunt work.

Let us be willing to work in whatever position that God calls us to do. To be a cheerful worker for God in everything we do. Work not to please people but work to please our Heavenly Father. When we work for God, He will give us a heart of joy and peace.
Betty

Nehemiah 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 11, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Some Troubles Come And Go And Others Stay

2 Corinthians 12:6-9 New International Version (NIV)
6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

We all have troubles. We lose our job and God gives another in His timing. Waiting is hard but forgotten when the new job comes about. Sickness can be
temporary or life long. There are illnesses we recover from and those we do not. Some we defeat only to have the illness return.

Whatever troubles we face the journey is easier to face if we keep our trust in God. God gave grace to Paul so that he could withstand the thorn in his flesh. God will do the same if we ask. Ask every day, God is not impatient and will hear our prayer in matter how often we ask.

In our physical weakness, we often grow spiritually. We are forced to lean on God more and this is a good thing. God has never asked us to be self-sufficient.
Leaning on God is to trust in His Word. Believing in what He said.

”Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-8

Whether our troubles are temporary or life long, God will sustain us, if we lean on Him and His Holy Bible. Even life long troubles are temporary, for if we have given our hearts and lives to Jesus, our last breath will end all troubles. The end of this life is the door into glorious Heaven. Let us not give up on God but trust in Him until we draw our last breath.
Betty

https://youtu.be/5JSXcvJJoqQ

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 10, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Bitterness

Bitterness can grow in our hearts if we are not careful. Life circumstances can allow a seed of bitterness to begin growing in our hearts. We can pray for God to remove the seed or we can feed the seed. We feed the seed by nursing it and holding on to it.

Whatever our circumstances, we can live without bitterness if we pray for grace. God’s grace can help us live in joy no matter what we have to deal with. If we trust God He will sustain us through all circumstances, the devil has to throw at us. Pray for a heart filled with love for God and others. Ask God to help us forgive those who have hurt us and to help us forgive ourselves.

May you live in the peace of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 9, 2019
Happy Monday,

Today my mind is in a fog. How can God use me when my brain is confused? God did not call me for my writing skills. He called me to be opened and humbled. When illness affects your thought process, it is easy to give up. Spell check gets a big workout with me today.

Even in this illness, I can find peace and hope. There are many suffering today. Some the loss of loved ones. Although it may seem that God has abandoned, you, He has not. He is calling you to a deeper relationship with Him. He is seeking to produce spiritual growth in your life. God can turn your broken heart into a miracle in your life. Cling to Jesus during this storm. Seek advice from God. Tell Him of your pain.

So many are suffering today. Jesus has not abandoned His children. Troubles are often steps, that if willing can take us higher into spiritual growth. When we trust God He will lead us into new pastures. Complete trust in God can open doors that we have never seen before.

Do not give up. Cling to your Master’s hand and He will walk and talk with you.
Living for Jesus is a privilege. Do not take your relationship with Jesus for granted. He suffered great pain so that you can have a relationship with Him and our Heavenly Father.

Jesus is calling His children today. He wants a close relationship with us. Come away from sin and seek a mighty relationship with Him. This is the time to decide to live fully for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Hope and Peace in Chaos

Christmas trees and Christmas music playing in stores. Many have their Christmas lights on their homes. Some of us have our Christmas trees up in our home. If we avoid all sources of news, we can convince ourselves that we are living in a time of peace on earth.

We can ignore the violence in our streets. We can ignore how close we are to war in the Middle East and the anger that China has against American. God does not want us to live in a state of pretense. Acknowledging reality does not mean that we need to live in fear.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

We take our fears to God. God will renew our peace. Stop listening to the lies of the devil and read God’s Word. The truth is in the Holy Bible. There is no peace on earth, but God will put peace in our hearts.

One day we will walk the streets of Heaven and we will have perfect peace.
There will be no sin and no evil in Heaven. Seek God to give you His peace as we live in a world of chaos.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Pretty Christmas Lights

Ever since I was a kid, I have enjoyed riding around looking at Christmas lights. Christmas lights are beautiful and these days people use their imagination to make lights spectacular. There is one that makes Christmas lights pale in comparison. That is the gift that God gave us, His Son. The gift of salvation cannot be topped.

Take time this season to pray for lost souls. Your loved ones that are lost and lost souls around the world.. The age of grace is coming to an end. We do not want any of our loved ones left behind. Let us also be more thankful to God, for the many gifts that He has provided for us and our families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

You Are My Hiding Place

Psalm 32:7 King James Version (KJV)Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Everyone has troubles, worries, and pains. It is how we cope with them that matters. Some people drink or use drugs to hide from them. There are those who become angry and bitter. Jesus wants us to come to him with all our issues.
Notice the part where the verse says God says He will surround us with songs of deliverance.

When we sing songs of praise to God, the Holy Spirit will cover us with the love of God. When we rejoice in the knowledge of the gift of our salvation, our hearts will be free of the depression, fears, and bitterness.

Philippians 4:4-8 King James Version (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The devil is going to fight against God’s children until the rapture. This does not mean that God is not in control. Seek the will of God in your life. Seek His comfort and His peace. It will not be long until we will be going to our true Home-Heaven. Don't give up my friends we are so close to the rapture.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Facing Trials and Difficulties

Lying in bed because the pain in my stomach gets worse when I walk. Probably a colitis flare. This is temporary and I should feel better in a couple of days. This is like trials that come in our lives. The situation seems like it will go on forever. Troubles do pass.

It is living in the midst of the trial, which is the hard part. Knowing the time in the trial is temporary, doesn't take away the pain. We can survive the trial when we remember we are not alone. God is with us.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Trials are temporary. God’s love for His children is permanent. We can call out to Him and He will assure of His love for us. Take courage knowing we are not alone.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Where Is My Peace

Christians are promised peace, but there are times we feel that we have been abandoned by God. We wonder where are peace has gone. We can find peace by going back to the Bible.

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is peace. We find our peace when we cry to Jesus. Our problems and grief is real. It is not a figment of our minds. Talk to God. Tell Him your concerns and open up your heart to God.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Psalm 118: 5In my distress I called to the LORD,
and He answered and set me free.
6The LORD is on my side;b I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?c
7The LORD is on my side; He is my helper.
Therefore I will look in triumph on those who hate me.
8It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.
9It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

In times of distress and grief, we can take refuge in the Lord. He will hide me under His wings like a mama bird. We can rest and peace in God. He will hide us under His wings and comfort us.

Psalms 91:4

“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

We can go to God 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. He is always available to His children. He gives hope to the hopeless. He gives comfort to those grieving. He gives strength to the weak.

Psalm 120:1 King James Version (KJV)
120 In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Where is my peace? It is found in God my Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 3, 2019
Happy Tuesday

The Light of the Gospel

John 8:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

We must choose to walk in the light of Jesus. When we do so God’s light will guide us in truth and righteousness. A man who walks into an area at night that has no lights, is subject to falling. When people refuse the Gospel of Jesus, they are walking in darkness and can be easily led into sin.

The world sees the Gospel, as a restraint that controls Christians. The truth is the Gospel provides freedom, so we walk in the righteous of God. Freedom to say no to sin. Freedom to live in the peace of God.

Romans 3:24 King James Version (KJV)Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Walk in the freedom of God. Seek prayerfully to walk in righteousness and to avoid sin. Live in hope for the God who spoke the universe into existence, lives in the heart of every Christian.

2 Corinthians 4:5-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants[a] for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2, 2019
Happy Monday,

Joy

Psalm 95:1 King James Version (KJV)O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

In the midst of trials and tribulations, may we rejoice at the knowledge that this life is just temporary. We can take joy in knowing our future is the joy of eternity with our Heavenly Father. No one can take this joy away from us.

May God bless you and your family. May He provide all of your needs.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 1, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Death Where Is Your Victory?

1 Corinthians 15:50-55 King James Version (KJV)
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The death of a loved one is the hardest quest to face. Satan turned death into a victory for himself. Jesus came to earth, lived, died, and rose again, winning the victory over death. If we are saved by grace, we are no longer children with no hope. When we say goodbye to our loved ones, who are also saved, we can live with the assurance that we will see our loved one again.

Death still has it’s sting. The loss of a loved one is painful. Yet we can live in peace knowing that death is only a temporary condition. For our loved one who died, there is no more pain. They now walk the golden streets of Heaven with their loved ones who passed before them. They can look into the eyes of Jesus and see love in perfection. We can live in peace knowing that one day we will join our loved one again. Death where is your victory? Jesus has won the victory over death.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 30, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Went to funeral for hubby’s sister’s husband’s funeral. Her husband is right with God so we will seen again, but we are sure going to miss him. Please pray for Debbie.
Thank you,
Betty

Last Wednesday he told Debbie that he was right with God and knew he was going to Heaven. We believe he knew that he would die soon. He had been really sick for a month but the hospital refused to admit him because they said he was not sick enough. He was vomiting every day for a month.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28
Happy Thanksgiving,

Thanksgiving Day,

“I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High” (Psalm 9:1–2).

Today is the day we set aside for Thanksgiving for our families and friends. We are thankful for our possession. If you are blessed to be with your family today, that is another thing to be thankful for.

I hope that you have a great day with family and friends and eat lots of good food. Take time to offer praises to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the day we set aside to show our Thanksgiving to God, our Father. God says that He loves a cheerful giver. We should have a thankful heart when we do anything for God. He is worthy of the work that we perform, hopefully out of a loving heart.

I pray that tomorrow we will show our gratitude every day to our Heavenly Father. I pray that you have a blessed day tomorrow. Pray for those who will have an empty plate at the table, tomorrow.

I saw the Doctor today. I have a cold. Tomorrow I will still be contagious so we will spend the day at home. Friday I can be around people again, so we will be going to our daughter's house for a Thanksgiving meal.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 26
Not feeling. No blog today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 25, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Weary

Lots of things make us weary. Loss, sickness, arguments with others and many more. Weariness can wear us down physically and emotionally. It can cause us to lose hope. What do we do? We seek God. He can refresh us in ways no one else or nothing else can do.

Psalm 40:3 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.

In the midst of our trouble, God will bring a Spirit of joy, a Spirit of peace, and a calming Spirit. We can release our pain into our prayers to our Heavenly Father. Talk to Him about all our issues and know that He is listening. When our tears flow, God sees and if we ask Him to He will comfort us.
Betty

Revelation 5:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 24, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Today early this morning, my husband sister’s husband passed away. My heart breaks for my sister-in-law. I know we will see him again in Heaven, because his heart was right with God. Yet his wife is suffering the loss and will for a long time. There are no magic words for comfort in the loss of a husband or wife. The best thing we can do is pray for our loved ones when they go through days of suffering.

There are many kinds of loss that we as human beings suffer. Death, loss of a job, and loss of your health are just a few. We can seek comfort from God. He can bring a special comfort that can touch the heart like no one else. As we cling to God He will hold us up to keep us from falling.

Please pray for my sister-in-law and her children that God will comfort them and sustain them. Deaths around the Holidays are much harder. I know this because my younger sister passed in November in 1993.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 22, 2019
Happy Friday,

How can I sing?

Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)
137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

Whether we sin and crawl into a valley of darkness or God leads into the valley, we are still prone to despair. In the valley is where our hearts grieve for the sin we have committed. In the valley is where God brings us to a stronger spiritual level. In the valley we must make a choice to either cleave to God are falling away from Him.

Israel had been taken captive and wherein no mood to sing. Yet, we see no evidence of them seeing their sins and crying out to God for forgiveness. It often takes time for God’s people before we will even admit our sin. Acknowledging our first step, but we must also take the second step. The second step is humbling ourselves before God and admitting that we sinned. The third step is to seek forgiveness. The fourth step is turning away from sin.

When all these steps have been taking by us, then God will give us a heart of joy. We will then have a heart with a longing to sing praises to our Heavenly Father.

Sing praises to the Lord as we walk with God. Worship God with prayers and songs. May God bless you my friends and meet your needs,
Betty

https://youtu.be/RCTl4tUYIAg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 21, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Little Mistakes,

Dr. Evans, a leader among Christian Jews in Israel, sent my donation check back yesterday. It seems I had sent him the check for the Bible Society by mistake. I was able to find some humor in my mistake. I remember my granny saying that she had sent the check for the light bill to the water company once.

The devil likes to belittle us and attack us when we make mistakes. When we remind ourselves of our humanity, we do not have to wallow in self-pity. We can find the humor in a situation and move on.

What is not funny when we willfully allow the devil to convince us to commit little sins. Little sins may seem like nothing to worry about, but it is the little sins leads us down the slippery slow on a road that leads us to destruction.

”Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay. –” ― R Zaccharias

Let us instead pray for God to help us live righteous lives and avoid sin. Keeping our eyes, ears, and hearts tuned into God and His Righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 20, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Bearing Fruit

We have had a blackberry for three years. It is growing, but has never bared fruit. The reality it is useless for it's purpose. Yet, I still take care of it. A tree that never grows fruit for the Kingdom of God, is a sign of spiritual failure and trouble.

Matthew 7:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit

God has saved our souls not just so we can go to Heaven, but that we may bear fruit for his kingdom on earth. The Holy Spirit should shine through so that others can see Jesus. We can quench the Spirit to the point that their is barely a light.

http://theoldpreacher.com/dont-quench-the-spirit/

1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 King James Version (KJV)
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it

Colossians 1:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Betty

Still feeding the birds and squirrels

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 19, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Obedience to God

Acts 5:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men

When we become Christian, our desires should change. For salvation to take, we must have the desire to please God. When we walk away from the altar and are able to continue in our sins with no burning of conscience, then we are not saved. Walking up to the Pastor and shaking his hand does not save us.
Salvation is the changing of our hearts. If there is no changing of the heart, we have walked to the altar a sinner and left a sinner.

Acts 3:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 7:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

1 Peter 1:2 Living Bible (TLB)
2 Dear friends, God the Father chose you long ago and knew you would become his children. And the Holy Spirit has been at work in your hearts, cleansing you with the blood of Jesus Christ and making you to please him. May God bless you richly and grant you increasing freedom from all anxiety and fear.

True salvation brings a desire to please God in our talk and actions. No longer should we be more concerned about pleasing men over God. Knowing the great sacrifice Jesus made to save us, should well up in our souls, a great desire in us to live for the pleasure of Jesus. Obeying God should not be like a job we do for our bosses, that we do under duress. Obeying God is a pleasure and should be done, because we love God.

There will be times we sin but because we are saved, our conscience should burn with regret and remorse. This is when we cry to our God in shame so that He can forgive us. Hiding our sins only, makes things worse, for God sees all.

1 John 2:1 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

So do not allow the devil to torment you when you sin. Repent to God, and turn away from the lies of the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 18, 2019
Happy Monday,

Dedication Day

Yesterday was dedication day for the babies at my son’s Church. It was a special privilege for hubby and me to be able to attend. Saturday night had been a hard night for me, but I prayed for a good day Sunday and He answered my prayer. Seeing my son and his wife, dedicate themselves to raising their daughter in a Christian home was very special, indeed!

After Church, we all went to my son and daughter-in-law house for lunch. My daughter, her husband, my granddaughter and her fiancé were also there. My daughter-in-law’ s family was there. It was a wonderful day with great fellowship.

Did you know that we can dedicate every day to God? We can pray each day for guidance from God so that we may walk each day in grace and fellowship with our Heavenly Father. God wants to guide us as we walk with Him, all we have to do is ask Him to do so.
Betty

Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer Hymn
Guide me, O thou great redeemer,
Pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but thou art mighty,
Hold me with thy powerful hand;
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.

Open now the crystal fountain
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through:
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer;
Be thou still my strength and shield;
Be thou still my strength and shield.

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Death of death, and hell's destruction
Land me safe on Canaan's side:
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to thee;
I will ever give to thee

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 16, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Dying Happy or Dying at Peace

I just woke up from a dream. I dreamed that someone who had died had come back and was collecting bottles. I asked someone in the dream ”why is he collecting bottles?” and he said the guy was trying to raise money and he said the guy was trying to raise the bond to get out of hell. I said you cannot pay money to get out of hell and said that at least he left happy.

It is not uncommon for sinners to think they will die happy. Atheist think they there is no God and they will just sleep peacefully for eternity. There are those who think Hell will be one big party with all your friends. There will be no drinking, laughing, and having a great time in Hell.

When Christians die, they die at peace. They have made their registration for Heaven and there is peace. When we die as a Christian, we leave this world and step into Heaven. Jesus, who has walked with us every day since was got saved, will welcome us into Heaven.

Some sinners die happy because they think they have done enough good to enter Heaven. Others think there is no Hell. Still, others think Hell is a big party. No matter what sinners believe, when they die, they will know the truth. Without salvation through Jesus Christ, their eternity will be in Hell.

Hell will not be one big party. Jesus, Himself made it clear that Hell will be miserable beyond anything we can imagine.

Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50 “The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Mark 9:43, 48-49 “And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire…where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire.”

Matthew 22:13 “Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Matthew 8:12 “while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Revelation 14:9-11; 19:3 “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.  And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name. The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”

We do not have to choose to go to hell. I have heard sinners say that a loving God would not send anyone to hell. Those in hell chose to reject salvation. It is their choice that sends them to hell.

John 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Acts 16:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

As long as we have breath we can get saved. Seek forgiveness and turn away from your sins and begin your walk with Jesus. Ask God to help you walk a Godly and Righteous life. You may get saved to get out of hell, but soon you will find that walking with Jesus brings peace and joy in this life. You will still have problems, but now you not walk alone. Jesus will walk with you and if you allow Him to, He will guide you each day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 15, 2019
Happy Friday,

Encourager

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (WEB)
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father,
who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace,
17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good work and word.

We can find comfort and encouragement in Our Lord and Savior, Jesus. When we are discouraged, it is tempting to pray less and read the Bible less. We ignore the very medicine that we need for healing. Talk to God about your situation. Tell Him what is going on and how you feel about it.

Today I read about two women getting into a physical brawl at Walmarts. One of the women had a baby strapped to her chest. It is shocking that a mom would put her baby in danger. Two workers and several customers had to pull the women apart. Seriously, there is nothing worth fighting for when you put your own baby in danger.

This kind of evil can be depressing, but we can go to God and ask Him to encourage and comfort us. Of course, we should pray for both women. There is a lot of anger, at issue here. We should pray that they give their hearts to Jesus.

Every day let us pray that God will guide us and protect us. Pray for opportunities to share the Gospel with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 14, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Living in a Stressful World

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Get up in the morning and turn on the news and you will soon have plenty to be stressed about. The devil is happy to fill your hearts and minds with fears and stress. God is the answer to our fearful and stressful lives. God doesn't want us to hide from what is going on in the world, but to trust in Him.

Another School shooting today. What should we do? Pray! Pray for the families of the victims and the shooter. Pray for the students who must be afraid. Pray for God to use this shooting to bring students to Himself.

Keep trusting our Lord and Savior, Jesus. He will walk with us until our last day on this earth. Enter into His presence where we can find Heavenly peace and hope for each day.

Remember the old song: ”Have a little talk with Jesus, tell Him all about your problems and He will make it right”. More then ever we live in a world where talking to Jesus is not only important but a requirement. We must not give up. Jesus wants us to hold on to His hand and keep trusting Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 13, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

”This Ain't Your Grandma’s Church ”

I saw this on a billboard today on the way to the VA in Conroe. My first thought was ”what’s wrong with grandma’s Church. We need more Churches where the Pastor’s preach like the old days. When sin is sin and Holy living is expected of a Christian.

When children were taught to be quiet and listen to the Preacher. Where kids were taught to treat older people with respect. Where those older then you were addressed as Sister and Brother. Where old Gospel songs where sung.

There is a lot of good things now about Church that we didn't have then, air conditioning for one. I remember even with fans on we fanned ourselves with paper fans glued to a stick. When pews we're not padded and hard to the bottom.

Yet, there is a lot of good things in the new Churches that we're not in the Churches of old. Any Church, old and new is on the right path when the truth of the Gospel is preached. Where children are taught from a very young age about the love of Jesus.
Betty

https://youtu.be/JOI_HFvhINM

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 12, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Pity Party

Did you know that King David had pity parties at times. This is what he wrote:

Help, Lord, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men.
Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception. 
Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise, says the Lord. I will protect them from those who malign them. 
And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times. 
O Lord, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever. 
The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men. 
(Psalm 12:1-2, 5-8)

David was convinced that he was the only one living a righteous life. At times, he felt only the sinful had it made. Yet God answered David and assured him, that he would come to the aid of the mistreated and maligned. There are times that we feel that those who do not walk the walk of righteousness, seem to have it made. How many times has God revealed the works of Christians who are living a sinful life behind the scenes?

Christians who have a public life are more susceptible to sin than others. Often Christian men are in a position of temptation by their women followers. Weak women who are vulnerable to temptations. This does not excuse their behavior, especially men who are using their Christian authority to take advantage of women.

As Christians, we should pray for Christian men who are in public positions. The devil is working overtime. He loves to lead Christians into sin and then use their sin against God. No one is immune to sin. We must always be on our guard. The closer we walk with God the less likely we are to sin, yet we must remember we are covered by God’s Righteousness and not our own.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 11, 2019
God bless our Veterans,

Waking up on the Wrong Side of the Bed

We all have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Sometimes, it is us and other times it is the people we live with. Grumpy people are stressed and they make everyone around them stressed. What is the solution? We pray for God to bring peace to us and those around us.

This World is filled with stress. There is job-related stress. I read a book by an actress recently. She was asked how it was working for a well-known producer. She said some bosses lead their workers with encouragement but her boss ruled with fear. There is financial stress and relationship stress.

If we humble ourselves before God, He will lead us with love.

Proverbs 16:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

We all have good and bad days. Just remember that God is always with us. Give praises to God and pray for others until the bad mood goes away.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 10, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

My Refuge

Deuteronomy 33:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

There are times it seems that are enemies are overwhelming us. We can feel crushed and forgotten by God. Truth is, the enemy is successful for only a little while. Victoria Jackson was a Christian who worked on Saturday Night Live, I believe in ’80s. A coworker told a reporter that she did not like Victoria because she was a Christian. This coworker has passed away and has met her maker. I would imagine that she wishes that she had been a Christian, herself, but it is too late. God was Victoria’s refuge when she worked in a field where Christianity, is frowned upon.

The dislike of Christians is no longer a California problem. It is a world problem now. The devil has made sin popular and Christianity unpopular. When Obama was President, he made fun of people who cling to their Bible and their guns. Other celebrities have said that those who need God are weak. They do not understand that faith in God makes us strong.

In this midst of all our struggles and problems, God is our refuge. We will have troubles and problems but we are not alone if we trust in God and draw close to Him. Whatever satan throws at us we can find refuge in our Heavenly Father.
Betty
Having the usual headaches and confusion with my brain issue, yet I can say God has given me peace. He reminds me I need not fear the future because God is in the past, presence, and the future.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 9, 2019
Happy Saturday.

All Who Are Willing, Come

I have a cat and a dog. When offering a new food to the cat, she daintily licks a little to see if she likes it. Bertha, on the other hand, gobbles the food quickly.
Just as animals are different, so are people. Some rush to the altar to receive whatever God has for them. Others hang back a little. Some out of fear and some feeling unworthy.

I have never read in the Bible where God says for only the worthy to come to Him to get their needs met. Truth is if only the worthy where to be accepted by God, no humans would enter into Heaven. We are so critical of ourselves. If pushed to name a person who is worthy of Heaven, we would name the Apostle Paul and the other Disciples. Yet not one of them is in Heaven, today because of how worthy there were.

Every human in Heaven is there because of the worth of the Blood of Jesus. Only the cleansing Blood of Jesus can wash away our sins. When we lay aside the idea of working our way into the good graces of God and realize that God says to humble ourselves before Him, then we can freely come to the throne of God.

No longer do we have to hang back from an altar call out of fear and the knowledge of our unworthiness. We come to God as we are and humble ourselves. We ask God to forgive us of our sins and change us. When we do this we will have the freedom to come to God all the time, knowing that He is there for us.
Betty

Revelation 22:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Matthew 10:32-33 King James Version (KJV)
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 8, 2019
Happy Friday,

Finding AWay Out

We spend so much time fighting against God’s plans. We spend more time fighting, then we would spend obeying God in the first place. Do we not trust God, to have our best interest at heart? Often we do not even have a plan of our own and yet we still fight against God’s plans.

The devil is always on standby, to ridicule the plans of God. Too often we spend valuable time listening to Satan, who has never had mankind’s best interest at heart. Contrary to the world’s opinion, Satan does not care an iota about mankind.

Instead of looking for a way out of God’s plans, let us pray that God will encourage us each step we take through the path that God has chosen for us.
When we place our trust completely in God, we can be at peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 7, 2019
Happy Thursday,

I slept in shifts last night, two hours asleep and an hour awake. As one might suspect my brain issue is worse today. Forgetting things and spacing out at times. Although these symptoms are frustrating, I need not give into fear. Even when it takes a few minutes to get focused, I know that God is with me.

As the World, moves further away from God, God is calling His children to come closer. Remember, when you were kids and you would whisper secrets into each other’s ears? God is calling us closer to Him, so He can share His innermost thoughts with us and we can do the same with Him.

The world sees our need of God as a weakness. Truth is, walking with God makes us stronger. In the prescence of God we can fly like Eagles. As we grow stronger in the Lord, worldly affairs lose their appeal. There is nothing on earth that can compare to the glories to come for us, in heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 6, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

When I first developed collageous colitis, it was two years of misery before they found the correct medication. It was during this time that God begin working on me to write about my struggles. No longer would I hide behind my condition. When I found out that I have a brain malfunction, I determined to share this journey with my readers. The motive was and is not the desire for sympathy, although there are days that I do wallow in self pity.

I want my journey to be an encouragement to others who suffer. God has not abandoned us. God sometimes moves us to a different path in our spiritual journey. It may seem that God took us from a path through a flowery meadow, to a place of darkness. A path no longer smooth and straight, but a rocky path that is steep and is directing us up a mountain.

This new path, we did not choose. If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit that we hate this new path. Yet, when we stop fighting against God’s plan and surrender to His will, we will find peace. God is still with us on this new path. This new path, that we did not choose, will take us to a new stage in our spiritual journey. As we surrender to the will of God, we will begin to see life on this ugly Rocky Road. Little flowers pushing up through the rocks of our soul. Spiritual life where we though was only death.

As I look forward, I do not know where the end will take me. I do know that God will never leave me nor forsake me. My husband and I are on similar paths. We both can go in the grace and in our love for God when we stop fighting against the will of God.

I do not know what path God has planted your feet. If you are a child of God, you can rest in the assurance that God will be with you and give you the grace you need to finish this journey in victory.
Betty

2 Corinthians 13:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

”He Leadeth Me”

The Lord wants to lead us down paths of righteousness. When we end up on a path that leads to sin, it is not God who leads us there. Like sheep, we are prone to wander. The devil makes sin enticing and attractive. There are times that we think that we can walk just on the edge of sin. Enjoying the sin but still staying on the righteous path while indulging in just a taste of sin.

We have heard people say I tried illegal drugs and did not like them and moved on. There are also those who say that they were hooked with the first taste of drugs. Christians more often are led away by other sins, like gossip and trash-talking.

This is not the time to take a walk on the wild side. This is not the time to seek acceptance of sinners over pleasing God. Sadly it doesn't take much looking to find a Church that will not preach sin. Worse than that are Pastors and Teachers who are now accepting sin as acceptable. We have seen groups of Religious Leaders, standing outside of an abortion clinic, praying, prayers of blessings on the facility. It must break His heart to see men and women who once preached the truth, choosing to be politically correct over the truth of the Gospel.

Let us seek God’s Face. Let us ask Him to keep us from temptation. Let us choose God’s Truths over the lies of man.
Betty

https://youtu.be/KXeCQgOlx4Q

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 4, 2019
Happy Monday,

"Where Do I Go?"

In this world, we live in, often it is not the hardest worker that is appreciated. Yet God tells us to do our best work, so others will have no cause to blame our poor work on our Christian faith. We see others who do as little as possible and they are the one awarded. Remember my friend, the only reward they will get is here on earth. We will have a reward in Heaven for doing our best to shine for Jesus at work.

It is easy to become discouraged when we work in an environment where our Christian faith is frowned upon. What do we do? We go to God and talk to Him.
This world is becoming more and more anti-God. If you vote for candidates that are anti-abortion and for marriage between men and women, you will be hated.

You do not even have to announce your faith or politics, they will pick up on it by the way you act and talk. Remember Peter cursed to show he was not with Christ. Remember the pain it caused Peter. We never want to behave the way the world is to fit in.

The world is becoming more and evil. Some of the things done publically for entertainment is enough to make a sane person throw up. Hang on my friends, it will soon be time to leave this world. Be faithful to God. Let God’s light shine through you. God will provide for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 3, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Loss
Twenty-six years ago, I lost my youngest sister who was also my friend. If you live long enough, you will suffer loss. You can lose your job which can cause you to lose your home. You lose loved ones. As you get older, you begin to lose your health. Some of us begin to lose the ability to think correctly.

Loss is hard. Even though God helps us with loss, we are left with scars. In our weaker moments, the devil will remind us of each loss. If we do not take it to God, we will find ourselves scratching at the scars until they bleed hurt all over us. We open ourselves up to depression.

In this world, we will always have memories of loss. We got to remind ourselves of the many gains that God has given us. This is not our eternal home. This is our time to live for God. Our eternal reward is ahead of us. All scars will be erased and painful memories will be erased by God, Himself.

Press on! Pray for God to comfort and encourage us. Pray for the strength to keep going and serving God. It will not be long, until we go home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 2, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Love

Human love can change. We can fall in and out of love. Some ‘love’ is not real. A love we can depend on is God’s love. His love is more real then we can comprehend. A love perfect without fault.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.

We can rest in the assurance that God’s love for us, is a love we can depend on.
The question is not about God’s love but our own. Is our love steadfast and true?Does our love change with our moods? Our love can be steady for God if we communicate with God, Daily.

Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.

May God cover you with His love and grace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 1, 2019
Happy Friday,

“Woke Church”

The article I am reading suggested that if you have lived awhile, you should know what a ‘woke’ Church is. I must live in a bubble, because I had to look it up. Marcus Hayes was not voted in as Pastor, at a Baptist Church in Florida. Baptist leaders from all around the Country have thrown the Church Members under the bus. They are saying the members are racist. Rejecting the idea that the members had rejected the Pastor on his religious views rather than, the color of his skin.

“Marcus Hayes is “woke.” Fully “woke.” He is a proponent of cultural Marxism and has promoted ungodly secular ideologies as Critical Race Theory, intersectionality, and identity politics — the three key tenets of the “woke church” movement. A quick scroll through his Twitter feed suggests that he is fully immersed in this movement — and it is a movement that has exchanged the biblical gospel for a gospel of social justice.”

I think prejudice is sinful, but we do not throw out parts of the Bible to be politically correct. I had a Assistant Pastor, who is now the head of the Church who told the members that the Christian thing to do is vote Democrat. When I talked to him about the Democrats position on gay marriage and abortion, he unfriended me.

Mr Hayes:

“Here, he is promoting Eric Mason’s “Woke Church” book which calls on Christians to abandon the gospel of forgiveness and grace for a gospel of perpetual penance on behalf of white people for the “sin” of “systemic racism.”

Racism should not be a part of a Christian. At the same time it is a sin to rewrite the Bible to make it PC. Blacks should never be judged on the color of their skin, neither should whites. “

In these last days, Pastors should be seeking to lead the lost to Christ. When a Pastor abandons the Gospel of forgiveness and grace, he is preaching a different Gospel. The closer we get to the rapture, we will see more of the devil coming into the Church to change the Mission of the Church, from the inside.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 31, 2019
Happy Thursday,

When I Am Weak

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

We do not always feel strong. There are days that waking up to deal with our infirmities, makes us feel like going back to bed. Yet, Paul reminds us that it is in our infirmities, that God strengthens us. When we are weak, God makes His strength, known to us. Remember that song from the 70’s, “Through it All “. “If I never had a problem. I wouldn’t know that you could solve them”

God is here and now for us. He will give enough grace to make each day. As much as the devil, tries to convince us that we are alone, God is whispering in our ears, that He is with us. When we reach out in trust, God is there. When we cry, God is with us. We are not hopeless children, without a shepherd. God is our Shepherd.

John 10:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep

John 10:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Hebrews 13:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

1 Peter 5:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Fear not, little sheep, we have a Shepherd that loves us so much, he died a cruel death, so that we can be reconciled to Him for eternity. When life gets too hard, do not stew in your troubles, but take them to Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No blog today. Broke a finger.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 29, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

“In My Heart”

I like the old Hymn that says: “in my heart there rings a melody, there rings a melody of love”. Having a heart of joy in the Lord, does not mean you do not have troubles. It is a sign that you trust God in spite of your circumstances. Salvation is not a rollercoaster. We should not be on fire for God when things are great and faithless when things are bad. While it does seem the evil have it better, everybody has troubles; sinners and saints.

Matthew 5:45 New King James Version (NKJV)
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Do not be jealous of successful sinners. This is there season to be happy. Our true happiness and joy will be fulfilled in Heaven. These bodies and minds we wear today, will be replaced with glorified bodies soon. With a twinkling of an eye, our corruptible bodies will be replaced with incorruptible bodies. No more will we suffer pain and disease.

Philippians 3:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Keep our eyes on Jesus and our trust in His love. Pray that God will help us resist sin and live righteous lives so that we bring joy to our Father in Heaven and not shame.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 28, 2019
Happy Monday.

Do Not Walk Like A Failure

1 Corinthians 1:27-29
King James Version (KJV)
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

When you read the Bible, you will find that God rarely called qualified people to do His work. Instead, He took the unqualified and equipped them for His purpose. If you would were starting a Ministry, would you pick a rough fisherman, who often put his foot in his mouth. God did. Would you choose a tax collector who in those days were known for the dishonesty and theft. God did.

Yet, we often demean ourselves and our Ministry. I am guilty myself. We think we are being humble but are we saying that God made a mistake in using us for His Glory. I am not saying that we should act superior to others, or feel our Ministry is better than others. Of course, we should realize that we are equipped by God and He deserves the credit for our success.

We are not a failure, simply because God has equipped us for His Glory. When we work for God with a willing heart and His divine will, we are not failures. This does not mean our work will always be appreciated and accepted. Many have read the Bible and rejected the truth. We are called to sow the seed and God will bring the increase.

It is not walking in in pride but walking in victory. Working to please God and not others. Giving God all the glory for our success. Walk the path that God has set before us with a grateful heart and trusting that God will guide us in His will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 27, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Hubby and I was awake until after six this morning. His problem was pain. My problem is sometimes, my brain turns off the sleep mode. I say this not for sympathy, but asking you to pray for us.

Romans 8:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

When my sister died, I cried myself to sleep for many nights. It was then that I truly understood the comfort God will give us if we ask Him. It is not that we serve a God who is unwilling to help us. It is often we feel we are not worthy of help. I never have a problem for others. Praying for me is hard.

It is true that God knows everything about us. This is what makes His love for us so special. He loves in spite of our sins and failures. Only God can take a broken vessel and make it beautiful.
Betty

Psalm 120:1 King James Version (KJV)
120 In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement