Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names / Christian Search Engine

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 8, 2020
Happy Friday,

Finding Peace In A Turbulent World

John 14:27 King James Version (KJV)27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

We life in a time of more questions than answers. When will I get my stimulus check? When will I get to go back to work? When will I be able to go back to Church? There are so many more questions, but few answers.
This is a stressful time for everyone. We can find peace in these trying times by going to God.

Heart attacks are up. This does not have to be so with Christians. We do not have the answers nor do we know the future, but we can rest in the arms of the One who does. God has promised to give us peace. In these trying times we do not need to worry or fret, but put our trust in our Heavenly Father.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

In times like these God will be with His children. He will give us the strength and courage to carry on in this evil world. He will uphold us and deliver us from evil. Trust in the Lord and fear not.
Betty

George Beverly Shea - In Times Like These Lyrics
Artist: George Beverly Shea
Album: In Times Like These: Songs That Lift the Heart
Heyo! SONGLYRICS just got interactive. Highlight. Review: RIFF-it.
RIFF-it good.

Play "In Times Like The…"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
In times like these you need a Savior
In times like these you need an anchor
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

This Rock is Jesus, Yes He's the One
This Rock is Jesus, the only One

In times like these you need the Bible
In times like these, O be not idle

In times like these I have a Savior
In times like these I have an anchor
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3925 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 7, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Working For God

1 Corinthians 15:58 English Standard Version (ESV)58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

If we are honest with ourselves, our work for God is often not steady. We woke awhile and then we grow tired or discouraged and we stop for awhile. Or we continue to work, but our heart is not in our work. Working for God, must be done out of our love for God.

The Bible says that Christians will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ for the motives we have for working. If we are working to impress others, our work is done in vain. If we work out of obligation and not out of our love for Christ, our work is in vain. When we work for God out of a heart of love, our work will be blessed by God. Let us work for God because He loves us so much that He gave His only Son to die for our sins.
Betty

O Land of Rest (We'll Work till Jesus Comes)

by William Miller Share
|
O land of rest, for thee I sigh!
When will the moment come
When I shall lay my armor by
And dwell in peace at home?

We�ll work till Jesus comes
And we�ll be gathered home

To Jesus Christ I fled for rest
He bade me cease to roam
And lean for comfort on His breast
Till He conduct me home

I sought at once my Savior�s side
No more my steps shall roam
With Him I�ll brave death�s chilling tide
And reach my heav�nly home

Words public domain

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3925 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6 2020
Happy Wednesday

A Heart of Forgiveness

In this life we will be hurt by others. This is a given. What is our immediate response ? If you are like me your first response is anger. This is human nature. God wants us to have a Godly response. He wants us to respond in love with a forgiven heart.

The more we love God the more we should love others. When we speak unkindly, we should feel conviction, immediately. We should lay down our pride and apologize to the person who we snapped at, in anger. Even if they started the argument, doesn’t give us a license to sin.

Right now the world is unsettled and people are filled with tension and unrest. Let us be the calm in the storm. When we are in the midst of anger, pray for the words to say. If God does not give us a word to say, then pray that God would bring peace to those around us.
Betty

The red Cardinal and his mate has been coming to the feeder more often and several squirrels. This makes me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 5, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Exhaustion

We can suffer Spiritual and physical exhaustion. Sometimes, both at the same time. Elijah suffered both at the same time. He was exhausted after a great victory. In his exhaustion he forgot the victory and succumbed unto the threat of Jezebel, who threatened his life. On the heels of a great victory instead of carrying on to the next victory, he gave in to depression. A depression so great he prayed to God to let him die.
His death was not in God’s plans. God had new victories ahead for Elijah.

It is not uncommon for us to suffer Spiritual exhaustion when we become physically exhausted. When we are so tired we do not have the strength to take care of our bodies or our Spiritual health. This is when we make ourselves rest. God took care of Elijah’s physical body first before giving him Spiritual healing. God knows our limitations better then we sometimes do. Elijah’s mistake was not focusing on the victory he had just had and reassuring himself that God would protect him from Jezebel. In his exhaustion he forgot his previous victory and gave into defeat.

Satan will always threaten us with harm. We need to reassure ourselves and strengthen ourselves in the Lord. Remember the past victories that God has brought us and trust Him to be with us in the present and the future. Learn to rest when we are tired and feed our soul with prayer and reading the Bible.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Monday
May 4, 2020

Times of Uncertainty

We are still living in uncertainty. In a few places, some things have re-opened. In most places they have not. In a few cities the restrictions have gotten tighter. No one seems to know when the United States will re-open. Most are telling us to get adjusted to the idea of a new normal, but what will a new normal be? Will there be a second strand of the disease that is worse than the first? Questions, questions, and more questions!

Of course we all feel unsettled and insecure. Yet, there is someone who knows all; God. We can securely put our trust in God. He knows the future. He sees all. Whatever the outcome, He will be with us. He will never abandoned us nor forsake us.

Things may never be the same. There will be a new normal, but God will be with us. Some have suggested this will bring on the anti-Christ. People talking about a vaccine that will have a chip that will tell the Government where we are at all times. People talking about a moneyless world. What ever happens we are getting closer and closer to the end of the Church Age. This is not the time for fear. This is the time to make sure we are right with God and pray for the lost. Do not lose hope but draw closer to God and trust in Him.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Sunday 3, 2020
Happy Sunday,

Loneliness

There are a lot of people who are alone during this pandemic. We need to pray for them. I am blessed to have my hubby and my children who keep in touch with me. Especially, my daughter-in-law, Sarah, who text me daily pictures and videos of our granddaughter.

King David suffered loneliness. We learn in the book of Psalms, how he learned to cry out to God. David was surrounded by many people and yet he was lonely. Why was he lonely? There is a part of us that longs for a relationship with God. A daily relationship with God, where we communicate with God throughout each day.

Why did God make us that way? We were created to be children of God. We created to be in communication with our creator every day. God gives us peace and joy when we spend time with Him. These days of uncertainty, we can find comfort by spending quality time with our Heavenly Father. Let us not fear but trust God to protect us and watch over us. May God bless and keep you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2020
Happy Saturday,

The 144 Thousand

Many people and several Religions have speculated about who the 144 thousand are in the book of Revelations are. There should be no confusion, because God through The Apostle John spells it out.

Revelation 7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

We read the 144 thousand will be sealed by God with a mark on their forehead.
Their task will be to preach the Gospel to those left in the world after the rapture. An angel will also be given the task of preaching the Gospel to the world.

Revelation 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

God in His love gives mankind a second chance to be saved, but it will not be for everybody. Many believe that those who knew the truth and refused it will not be among the number saved. Where do we get the idea of this?

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Those who knew the truth but rejected salvation through Jesus will receive a strong delusion from God, causing them to accept the anti-Christ and his mark. Those who do accept Jesus will most likely be martyred.

Revelation 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

These are the people who believe the 144 thousand and the angel and believed on the Lord Jesus and were saved. They were most likely beheaded for their faith. God is Love, but He is also a Righteous Judge. He will bring judgement on this earth, because the sins of this earth have become as bad as it was before the flood in the days of Noah. Now is the time of salvation
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2020
Happy Friday,

Give Me Jesus

As the song says give me Jesus. There is nothing or no one who can take the place of Jesus in my life. In times of happiness, I am grateful for His kindness. In times of sorrow, He comforts me. In times of physical pain, He sustains. In fearful times, He gives me peace.

In this time of uncertainty everyone is looking for something to reassure them that the world will be normal, again. Truth is we may have to adjust to a new normal. What ever the days ahead holds, if we put our trust in Jesus, He will not only sustain us but replace our fears with peace. While we do not know what lies ahead, Jesus does. He already knows the future. This is why we can trust Him to be with us in the future. Nothing that happens will be a shock to God.
Betty

https://youtu.be/VFJGsBApIuk

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 30, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Am I Free?

If you asked most people if they were free, they would say with certainty that of course they were free. Yet if you went deeper and asked if they were free from sin, from worry and self guilt, they would probably pause a minute. Everyone has these issues in our lives, but as a Christian we have a Savior who is more than willing to take over these things for us.

John 8:36 If the Som therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

When the devil reminds of us of our past sins we can remind him, that God has forgiven us from our sins. When we feel guilty of repented sin, we can remind ourselves that God has forgiven us and be at peace. Forgiveness is not a get out of jail card. We will have to accept the consequences of our sins, but we do not have to do it alone. God will be with us. What we not have to do is go to hell for our sins. The precious blood of Jesus redeemed us from hell and we can die in peace knowing we have the golden ticket for Heaven. So Christian remind yourself and the devil that you are free, indeed!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2020
Happy Thursday,

“I Am Giving Upon You”

Is there ever a time that God will give up on a person? I believe there is. Every time the Holy Spirit calls out to us, to come to Jesus, and we refuse, our heart becomes a little more hardened. Our hearts can become so harden that we no longer hear the Holy Spirit’s call. At this point the Holy Spirit will never call out to us. God warns us many times in His Holy Word not to hardened our hearts.

Ephesians 4:18 English Standard Version (ESV)18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

Matthew 13:14-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:
“‘“You will indeed hear but never understand,
    and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
For this people's heart has grown dull,
    and with their ears they can barely hear,
    and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
    and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
    and turn, and I would heal them.’

John 12:48 English Standard Version (ESV)48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

2 Timothy 3:1-4 English Standard Version (ESV)
Godlessness in the Last Days
3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

1 John 3:9 English Standard Version (ESV)9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's[a] seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

I must say never give up on a person. Keep praying for your lost loved ones until you die or the rapture. Only God know the extent a person’s heart is hardened. I do believe there is a time that God calls us to stop witnessing to a person. At some point their heart is so hard that the Good News makes them bitter. This is when we pray and leave them in God’s Hands.

If we are a child of God, He will never give up on us. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to open our eyes to the truth. Many a child of God has walked through the wilderness of discipline because we refuse to turn away from our disobedience. God often has to break us and humble us before we will turn back to Him and serve Him with a willing and obedient heart. We are so much better off to to always be obedient children.
Betty

Birds and squirrels are eating so much that I have to refill the medium feeder ever other day. Of course, I do not mind.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2020
Happy Monday,

Requirements for God’s Promises

Psalm 31:23-24 Modern English Version (MEV)
Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints,
    for the Lord preserves the faithful,
    but amply repays the one who acts in pride.
24 Be strong, and He will strengthen your heart,
    all you who wait for the Lord.

God’s promises often have a requirement. Be faithful and God will preserve you. Be strong and wait for God will strengthen your heart. The prideful will be punished. Disobey God and their will be consequences. Have you ever know a child who got away with bad behavior? As time went by the worse the behavior of the child grew. Discipline at the beginning would have saved the child so much misery. Lack of discipline turns out to be unkind.

Hebrews 12:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”
7 If[a] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

God loves His children very much. He chastens His children to bring them back to Himself. If the child resist God’s discipline, he will end in more and more danger. When we obey God, we will find ourselves needing less discipline.

We will have trouble. Remember the rain falls on the just and the unjust. There is a difference between the troubles of this life and the discipline of God. We are living in the end of the Church Age. The devil is fighting hard against the Church. Do not be surprised if the world leaders do not use this pandemic to take away Religious freedoms. God warn us that in the last days there would be persecution against the people of God.

We must be wearing the Armor of God so that we stand firm against the devil. When we do not take care of our spiritual health, we can find ourselves in danger. Sadly we are hearing of Pastors who have left the truth of the Gospel behind. No matter how much you love a Pastor, run from him when his preaching is contrary to the Bible. The Bible must be the final Authority.

Galatians 1:6-10

Only One Gospel
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

May God keep us strong in the faith and protect us from those who preach and teach contrary to God’s Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

I do not understand how people can live without God. I am blessed that I got saved at 7. I honestly cannot remember a time that God was not with me. His presence in my heart, a sweet reminder of His love for me.

It’s been said that only weak people need a God as a crutch to lean on. Yet, there is so much more in having a relationship, with God. He is my friend, my Savior, my comforter and so much more. In my weakness God keeps me standing. In storms of this life He holds my hand. When I fall, He picks me up.

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

God not only is with us through this life but at our death or the rapture, God will take us to live with Him throughout an eternity. I never want to live without God in my heart and life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2020
Happy Saturday,

How Much Longer, My Lord?

The last few weeks of a pregnancy the mother is often miserable. There is no comfortable place to sit or sleep. Her feet are swollen and she feels uncomfortable all over. Yet, the moment her baby is placed in her arms, all the suffering is forgotten. There is nothing but joy as she looks in the eyes of her baby.

As we went for the return of Christ, we too are suffering. We can feel that God has forgotten us. We can even become embarrassed to talk about the return of God. Fear that people will say that we have been talking so long about the return and yet it has not happen. Remember, God said there would be scoffers in the last days mocking the return of Jesus.

My friend, Jesus is coming back. He gave His Word and God keeps His promises.

2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV) 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

When we hear the trumpet blow and corruptible bodies are changed to incorruptible bodies, what a glorious day it will be! Remember the line in the song that says one look in His Dear Face, all sorrow will erase, what a glorious day it will be!

Do not give up. We are so close to exiting this world. Soon all our sorrow will disappear from our minds never to be remembered again. Our hearts will know only joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2020
Happy Friday,

Tired and Overwhelmed

We live in an certain times. It does not help that we do not know if things will get worse. We do not know when it will end and we do not know if the virus will come back. This is the right recipe for fear and anxiety. God tells us to find safety in Him.

Psalm 91:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

We find protection from God by calling out to Him in our time of need and then trusting in Him. We accomplish nothing if we pray and then walk off unconvinced of God’s powers. This is called being double minded. We either trust in God or we do not. We have to decide. Look at it like this. If you took your favorite pair of pants to be the cleaners to be altered but did not leave the pants with them, because you were afraid they would mess up your pants, then they cannot alter them. You have to let go of the pants and trust the cleaners to do their work.

If we do not leave our problems in God’s Hands, but pick them back up again, then God will not fix our problems. We have to trust Him. We cannot have a relationship with God, unless we trust Him. We build up our trust by reading God’s Holy Word and my communicating with Him through prayer.

Yes things are hard right now. This virus is a horrible thing. My son-in-law’s father is extremely ill with it. We pray for his healing but we do not know how God will answer our prayers. Will He heal him on earth or in Heaven. Of course we want God to heal Him on earth, but we must trust God to do what is best. We must realize that His best may not be what we want, but His best is what we need.

So many people are in these same circumstances. It is hard, but God will be with His children and He will sustain them. How do we become a child of God?We acknowledge that Jesus came to earth as a man and died for our sins and rose again and is now seated at the right hand of His Father. We turn from our sins and seek to live righteously with God’s help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Hopeless in this World

We are living in times, when everything is upside down. We do not know what tomorrow holds, much less, what next year holds. We do not have to be hopeless. This does not have to be this way. If we are Christians, we should not live in hopelessness. God is our hope for the future. We need not fear tomorrow or next year if we keep our trust in God. If we are afraid, go to God and seek peace.

God wants us to trust Him. In good times and in bad times our trust needs to be in God. Lay our fears at the feet of Jesus and stand firm in the peace of God. Worship God in spirit and in truth.

Proverbs 3:6 King James Version (KJV)6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Fear not the present or the future, for both are in God’s Hands. Rest In Peace for God is always with us. He will never forsake us or abandon us. Praise God I’m all things and seek His face, daily.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Jesus Weeps Over Lost Souls

Oh Jerusalem, how often I have longed to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings but you were not willing.” (Matthew 23:37-39)

Millions, possibly billions are going to hell. This does not mean that Jesus does not care. He cared so much that He died on a wooden cross for the salvation of all. Sadly, few set aside their pride, and accept the precious gift of salvation.

The fact that more people refuse the gift than accepts the gift, does not diminish the value of the gift. It just means that too many value their self pride over their own souls. Sadly, even Christians, can be guilty of feeding their egos more then they do their souls. Egos die with the body but our souls live an eternity. Yet we spend more time grooming our body and doing things to enhance our egos, then we every think about our souls.

We as Christians should pray that we have healthy growing souls. Let our time be spent growing in Jesus. This is the time to be working for Jesus. Praying for lost souls and other Christians. Praying for God’s Will in our lives and our families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

“What is Love”

In 1993 Hadaway preformed the dance hit ‘What is Love’. People have been asking what love is, since the beginning of time. God preformed the first marriage which between Adam and Eve. God also preformed the act of perfect love when He sent His Son to die for our sins on Mt. Calgary. The most unselfish act of all time.

God defined love between man and God with this verse:

John 14:15 King James Version (KJV)15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

If we truly love God, we will want to obey Him. We will want to have a daily growing relationship with God. Our hearts will cry out for more quality time with God. There is a special love relationship with God that will last through out eternity. Our love for God can grow cold. This is caused by not spending enough time in prayer and in God’s Word. God loves us before we were born. Let us in turn, love God with all our hearts.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Monday 20, 2020
Happy Monday,

Allow God to Lead us

Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."

We plan our days, but sometimes God steps in and changes our plans. We can be come frustrated or accept God’s change in our plans. Remember that God knows best. Instead of reacting in anger at God, let us accept the plans of God with trust in our hearts. When we do we will have peace and joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19, 2020
Blessed Sunday

Days of Evil

In Jeremiah’s days there were false prophets who preached peace and false hope to a rebellious Nation. Today, we have our own false prophets who preach prosperity and peace to a rebellious generation who have abandoned the Words of the Bible and choose to live in sin.

The only Hope is a relationship with the Jesus of the Bible. The world has embraced another Jesus. A ‘Jesus’ whom accepts gay marriage and abortion. This ‘Jesus’ is leading the masses to hell.

The world is not getting better and better. This world is headed for judgement and it may be sooner than we realize. We are on the cusp of the rapture and when that happens the world will accept as their leader a man who is filled with the devil, himself. He will lead the world into more sin and evil will be the normal.
The Holy Spirit that is restraining the devil now, will not be here and the devil will take advantage of that.

As Christians we must remember this is not our home. Heaven is our home and soon, Jesus will get us and take us there.
Betty

Jeremiah 23:16-22 New International Version (NIV)
16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:
“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
    they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
    not from the mouth of the Lord.
They keep saying to those who despise me,
    ‘The Lord says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
    they say, ‘No harm will come to you.’
But which of them has stood in the council of the Lord
    to see or to hear his word?
    Who has listened and heard his word?
See, the storm of the Lord
    will burst out in wrath,
a whirlwind swirling down
    on the heads of the wicked.
The anger of the Lord will not turn back
    until he fully accomplishes
    the purposes of his heart.
In days to come
    you will understand it clearly.
I did not send these prophets,
    yet they have run with their message;
I did not speak to them,
    yet they have prophesied.
But if they had stood in my council,
    they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
    and from their evil deedsOmg these new emojis!! Search Christian Emoji on the app store if you want them too🖖🏾🖖🏼🖖 http://apple.co/2gCd2TO

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Church closings will be a sifter to the Church body. Has everybody who goes to Church been reading the Bible and praying? Was Church a social event or a time of worshipping God and hearing from God? Has their faith strengthen during this time or weakened? Will everyone got back when it is over? Only God knows the answer.

I love going to Church and up until the last two years, have been in Church regularly since I was two weeks old. Unfortunately my health has limited my ability to be in Church, but I know the importance of Church and I still am blessed to have a Church family.

Personal Bible study and a regular pray life is important for every Christin and especially for those of us are limited in being able to attend Church. If we do not build up our faith through prayer and Bible reading our faith will become weak and anemic. We do not grow strong in the Lord by accident, we must make the effort ourselves.

We live in an age where the circumstances around us can lead us astray. Where we not only need to be careful of to pick a good Church with a Pastor who preaches the truth, but, what we listen to and read online. Verify everything with the Bible. The Bible should be our final authority. Stay strong in the Lord and give your fears to God. May God bless you and encourage you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2020
Happy Friday.

Praise The Lord

Psalm 146:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

I awoke feeling pretty good today. Got dressed and even put earrings on. Blessed and ready to praise God. It is great to praise God on our good days. Hearts filled with joy and hope, excited to praise God.

It is on those days when things are not going so great, days when we we are feel under attack, and days when we are suffering, that praises do not come easily to our lips. This is when we offer up sacrifices of praise. Praises that come with tears and out of hearts filled with despair and heartache. Sacrifice of praises are a sweet aroma to our Heavenly Father.

Hebrews 13:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name

Our love for God should encourage us to offer praises to God in all circumstances. Knowing our suffering is only for a short time, compared to an eternity of eternal joy in Heaven.
Betty

2 Corinthians 2:14 [Full Chapter]
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Our struggles do not define us. Our bodies and minds my have issues, but we are not those issues. If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior than we are the children of God. Our faith in God is what defines us. Struggles can be hard and we do grow tired, but we can find rest in God. Anxiety may afflict us but, we can find peace by praying and reading the Word of God.

This is not our home. Our home is in Heaven. This knowledge can give us peace as we live in uncertain times. The grace of God can give us the courage to carry on through difficult and uncertain times. Do not allow the things around us to discourage us but press onward to our prize in Heaven. Have a thankful heart and give God praise and worship Him as we wait for the day He calls His children home to Heaven. May God bless you and your families and protect you from this virus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 15, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Questions, Questions, and More Questions

This pandemic has given us more questions than and answers. When there are answers they are often conflicted. Wear a mask- do not wear a mask. At first the powers that be could not agree on staying home or not staying home. It seems the elite do not know anymore than the rest of us.

There is only on thing we can trust in this world and that is God’s Word. His Word is true and steady. What He says He Means. When Jesus says He is the only way to Heaven, He spoke truth. When He said that anyone who tried to enter Heaven another way, is a thief, He meant it. Contrary to the ideas of many people there is only one way to Heaven and that is through redemption of Jesus Christ. If we ask for salvation and go back to living a life of sin, then we truly did not receive salvation.

Jesus said that those who love God, obeys His commandments. If we love God we cannot live in sin. We must choose obedience to God over sin. It is up to us to either choose to serve God or ourselves. We cannot serve two masters.

As things get harder for Christians, will we have the faith to stand up for God? This is the time to examine ourselves and see if there is anything lacking in our lives. Pray for God to show us what to change in our hearts and lives. Pray for the strength to stand strong in our faith in the coming days. Pray that fear does not cause us to deny our faith or fall by the wayside.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2020
Happy Tuesday

Religious Attack

Yesterday a government spokesman said that there should be no large gatherings unless everyone takes the vaccine they are working on for COVId-19.
How is this a Religious attack? I will tell you. In Kentucky people who sat in their cars to listen to the Preacher, preached were fined $500 each. In Mississippi, Policemen arrived an hour before Church so they could find anyone that came to Church.

As the Preacher said, you can drive down the road and see 100 cars in front of a grocery store, but it is illegal for 25 cars sitting in a church parking lot to hear the Gospel. The Government is saying that Religious activities are not essential. Yet the preaching of the Gospel brings salvation to the lost and encouragement to the Church.

This virus is supposed to come with a tracking device that will be able to see where everyone is at all times. This is scary to most Americans. The Government will use fear and intimidation to force people to get this shot.

What do we do as Christians, we remember this is not our home and soon we will be snatched up by God in the rapture. Hold on to your faith in God and trust God to protect you and to guide you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2020
Happy Monday,

Compassion And Grace

1 Peter 3:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

In these last days let us seek to be the children of God that build up one another with up compassion and grace. In these last days, we are so easily susceptible to discouragement and depression. We can be used by God to share compassion and grace one to another.

We should seek to do God’s Will and be willing to stand beside the hurting and encourage each other with prayer and Scripture. Praying for one another that God will keep us from temptation and being led astray by false teachers and Preachers. The devil knows his days to fight against the Church as the Age of Grace is coming to an end. He is fighting hard and furious, but God is still stronger than the devil. We must not give up but stay close to God. Keep our trust secure in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2020
Happy Easter

The Victory Of Easter

After Adam and Eve sinned, the relationship between mankind and God was severed. There was no hope of Heaven. God called Abraham to be the father of His people: Israel. God gave them a temporary solution to be forgiven of their sins; the sacrifice of animals.

The permanent solution was the sacrifice when Jesus died on the cross. Friday we commemorated His death. Today we rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus no longer lies in a tomb, but is in His rightful place, sitting on the right hand of the Heavenly Father.

This is a day of rejoicing, for we are no longer living in hopelessness if we have accepted the precious gift of salvation. Though most Churches are closed today, we can still offer worship and praise to our Heavenly Father. We do not know what the future holds but we know that God is with us and if we seek Him, He will sustain us through the days ahead. We need not live in fear but trust in God.

Today is not our typical Easter. A day usually spent at Church and then lunch with family. Of course, we miss this and this makes us sad. Yet we can press on knowing that God is with us. We can still rejoice in the victory of Easter and the knowledge that our future is in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2020
Happy Saturday,

The Passion

It was not until I saw the move ”The Passion”, that it really registered in my brain, the suffering that Jesus went through to build a bridge of redemption between Himself and mankind. I am not ashamed to say the movie made me cry and uncomfortable. Watching someone suffering torture should make us uncomfortable, but knowing that this is what Jesus endeared to bring me my salvation was painful to watch.

Yet the hardest part of the suffering that Jesus dealt with, could not be seen with human eyes. It is when God turned His face away from Jesus. Jesus had never had a second throughout eternity when God turned away from Jesus. It was our sins that caused God to turn away from Jesus. In His Holiness, God could not look at Jesus when our sins were upon Him. Jesus bore this isolation for us.

Jesus bore the unbearable to purchase salvation for mankind, yet in pride and arrogance, mankind rejects the gift of salvation. We hear all the time that a loving God would not send anyone to hell. People are in hell because they chose to go there. They refused the invitation to Heaven and they choice hell for themselves.

As we celebrate Resurrection Day tomorrow, let us pray for lost souls that they will open their hearts to the calling of the Holy Spirit. As children of God let us rejoice in our salvation and be thankful to Jesus for what salvation cost Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10, 2020
Happy Friday,

Hope is Cancelled

On the way home from my son’s house today, I saw a sign on the side of the freeway with the individual lettering. Some of the letters were lying down, but what stood up said:” Hope is Cancelled”. Thank God, hope is not canceled, if we are trusting in God. Our faith is secure in God.

We are living in trying times and right down scary times if you do not have your faith in God. God has not forsaken His children, nor is He asleep at the wheel. With our faith in God, we need not fear the future but trust that God is with us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2020
Happy Thursday,

In days of uncertainty, we can be at peace knowing that God knows the future. We need not fret about tomorrow because God is on the throne. Knowing that we need not fear, we can embrace the truth that God is using these days for good.

In times like these, even sinners often cry out to God for answers. God can use these days to bring people to salvation. Only God knows how many people have cried out to God for salvation on their death beds. Let us pray for lost souls and trust God to see us through this crisis.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

My son-in-law has met several famous musicians because he is in the music industry. It is nice to talk to him about someone I like. When we read the New Testament we are reading books by the Disciples. Through their eyes, we get to know Jesus.

This knowledge helps us understand what God wants from us and how much God loves us. Communicating with God in prayer and reading the Bible helps us develop a better relationship with God.

I have read many books about celebrities and some written by themselves. Sadly, too many times they are a disappointment. They often come off as spoiled children or bitter mean people. Only Brenda Lee and Andy Williams were always kind when they discussed others in the industry.

Unlike people who can become divas, God is a loving God. The more we know Him, the more love we feel for God. While people can be self-serving, God’s joy is working well through His children. His purpose for dying on the cross was to reconcile mankind with Himself. So we can spend eternity with Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2020
Happy Monday,

He Will Equipped Us For Our Mission

A person who dies for the cause of Christ does not start out prepared for this. Little by little God prepared them for their journey and their ultimate destination. God gave them the grace to complete their journey.

The difference between failing and passing our ultimate test is the amount of our dedication to Christ. It would be nice to say that our journey was a constant uphill dedication to God, but likely not true. Like sheep, we have easily been lead astray our own selfish desires.

There are periods of time when our dedication to God is strong and solid and then the devil shows us a shiny apple and off on a tangent we go. Often we lose our way. It is only the love of God, Himself that brings us back to the side of God.

Oh that God would keep our love for Him from growing cold. May our prayers be that God keeps our eyes and faith in Him and cure us of our wandering ways. May our love for God be strong and true in all things. May we end this race strong holding forth for the price that awaits the saints and not a spiritually weaken version of ourselves.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2015
Blessed Sunday,

I have been reading my blogs from 2015. So many days the colitis was so bad that I could barely walk because of the pain. I have been blessed to be in remission for two years. I have occasional bouts here and there but not like before when there were two years of constant pain and misery.

I look back, and I see it was the pain and misery that God used to help me grow spiritually. I am the person I am today because of the struggle and not in spite of the struggle. Today’s struggle is new with the beginning of the dementia. Days I cannot remember how to spell common words and finishing sentences can be hard. Sometimes I stop in mid-sentence and forget to finish. Trying times for my hubby.

I do not know what the future holds. I am at peace with that. God knows and He holds my hand.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Stand by, Your God, Your Man, and Your Woman.

Matthew 10:33 Context

30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

A relationship woven in secrecy will not last very long. Sooner or later a relationship will go public or go bust. God nor mankind will be treated as a hidden toy only to be played with in private. God makes it clear that if we are ashamed of our relationship on earth, He will deny our relationship in Heaven.

What person or group of people is more important than God. We cannot serve two Masters.

Luke 16:13 “No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”

There will come a time when you must publicly choose God or mankind. No man or woman is worth going to hell for. You must choose whose opinion matters most to you. This is a choice that must be made with carefully consideration. This choice will determine where you will spend eternity. We are getting closer and closer to the time that our faith in Christ could cost us a promotion or even our job.

The God who spoke the universe into existence can find us another job, but keep in mind this Can and will go beyond our job. Presidential Candidate Joe Biden has said that he wants Christian who believe marriage should be based on the Bible should be put on a terrorist watch group. This not a joke. Being on a terrorist watch list can keep you from finding work or flying from one city to another. How strong will our faith be when it prevents promotions or us be allowed to travel to a relative’s Wedding? Will we be able to stand up for the truth of the Gospel during these circumstances.

It is no longer about freedom of homosexuals but taking freedoms away from those who believe the Bible is true. We cannot be a Sunday believer on Sunday and agree with the world for the rest of the week. We will be forced to choose. Is our faith strong enough to speak the truth in season or out of season? God gives us faith to stay strong when the truth of the Gospel is hated.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2020
Happy Friday.

I Cried Unto The Lord

Psalm 3:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

The Lord God hears the cries of His children. Our cries do not fall on deaf ears. In the raging rain and wind that bellows, our God sees our tears and hears our cries. In the silence of our broken hearts, God is attentive to our request and provides our needs.

God turns not turn away from us but seeks to make a new path for our feet and a new song for our hearts. Though we may not understand the path God has chosen for us, we know without a doubt, that he will never forsake us. In Christ Alone we are secure and He will provide for us a new way and He will keep us from stumbling into vines of sin, if we only trust in Him.

We must choose to run away from sin and seek to walk in the Righteousness of Christ. When we do,God will keep us on the straight and narrow and in Him, we will find peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

”Since Jesus Came Into My Heart”

Give me those old fashioned Hymns where I can pray to God in songs. Where I can open my heart freely to God allow Him free access to my heart and mind. Nothing to hide but opening myself up to God so that He can know me as no other knows me. What wonderful assurance knowing that God loves me; warts and all.

There is no need to hide for God sees it all and yet in His marvelous grace, He loves me in spite of myself. He loves with His perfect love and comforts me with His peace. May I always seek to live in a way that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father and walk hand and hand with Him daily.
Betty

Representative Text
1 What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought
since Jesus came into my heart!
I have light in my soul for which long I had sought,
Refrain:
Since Jesus came into my heart,
since Jesus came into my heart,
floods of joy o'er my soul like the sea billows roll,
since Jesus came into my heart.
2 I'm possessed of a hope that is steadfast and sure,
And no dark clouds of doubt now my pathway obscure,
since Jesus came into my heart! [Refrain]
3 There's a light in the valley of death now for me,
And the gates of the city beyond I can see,
4 I shall go there to dwell in that city, I know,
And I'm happy, so happy, as onward I go,

Source: Celebrating Grace Hymnal #614

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Sleep Inbetween Bounts of Pain

This has not been a restful night and frustration has been my companion throughout the night. Yet as the sun has risen, I feel hopeful. My misery is only for a short time and soon I will take my place in glory, where there I shall dwell with my Jesus for eternity. Heaven shall be my resting place where physical pain and mental confusion shall never enter Heaven’s Gates.

Where songs of praise and hope shall fill my heart with joy and the lies of the devil will be banned from Heaven throughout eternity. Where I shall rejoice in the comfort of the Almighty God and physical and spiritual rest will walk with me for always.
Betty

Oh, I Want to See Him
Rufus H. Cornelius, 1916
copyright status is Public Domain

Subject: Anticipation
Scripture: 1 John 3:2
Oh, I Want to See Him [.xml]
Rufus H. Cornelius, 1916
copyright status is Public Domain

Key: A♭
Meter: 12.12.12.11.11.11.11.11

Learn about music formats...
view sheet music [.pdf] [.sib]
play midi [.mid] 1 As I journey through the land, singing as I go,
2 Pointing souls to Calvary—to the crimson flow,
3 Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
4 But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.
◦ Refrain:
◦ Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
◦ There to sing forever of His saving grace;
◦ On the streets of glory let me lift my voice,
◦ Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.
5 When in service for my Lord dark may be the night,
6 But I’ll cling more close to Him, He will give me light;
7 Satan’s snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside;
8 But my Lord goes ahead, leads whate’er betide.
9 When in valleys low I look toward the mountain height,
10 And behold my Savior there, leading in the fight,
11 With a tender hand outstretched toward the valley low,
12 Guiding me, I can see, as I onward go.
13 When before me billows rise from the mighty deep,
14 Then my Lord directs my bark; He doth safely keep,
15 And He leads me gently on through this world below;
16 He’s a real Friend to me, oh, I love Him so.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30, 2020
Happy Monday,

”I Won't Be Long”

God has allowed this world to enter a phase, most of us, have never seen before. With no large crowds allowed, the world has grown to be a quieter place. A time for heart’s reflection on our past mistakes, errors, and sins. A time to sit at Jesus' feet and allow Him to search our hearts for any hidden sins. This is the perfect time to seek forgiveness and become in right standing with our Heavenly Father.

This is the time to seek to walk in the righteousness of God. A time to seek to walk in a way that is pleasing to God. To rejoice in the Godliness of God. To share in His peace and joy. It is our own fault if we do not know the heart of God. He poured out His heart in the Words of the Holy Bible. He poured out His life-giving blood at Calgary for the redemption of our souls. We will know God as well as we choose to know Him. We will walk in His presence to the extent that we choose to walk with Him. Today is the day of salvation. Today is when we choose how much we want to God and how close to we want to walk with Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Praise, Pray, and Praise

“But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.” - Psalm 50:23

We cannot ever praise God too much. Praising God should not be an act of service but a bubbling up of praise from our hearts to our Heavenly Father. An act of worship that not comes out of obligation but out of our love for God.

Our prayers should come from the heart and not a work assignment. Where we decide to praise God for two minutes, offer up our petitions, and then praise another two minutes. It is easy to get into this habit, I know. God wants our prayers to be heartfelt communication with Him.

The more we pray, the more our relationship develops so that prayer to God is simply us talking to our Heavenly Father. We can talk about everything. Believe it or not God does want to hear about our day. Talk to God about your frustrations and your heart's desire. God is interested in your life and your needs. We can share things with God that we would be embarrassed about with anyone else. There is nothing that you can say to God that will shock Him.
Betty

--------------------

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Praise, Pray, and Praise

“But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.” - Psalm 50:23

We cannot ever praise God too much. Praising God should not be an act of service but a bubbling up of praise from our hearts to our Heavenly Father. An act of worship that not comes out of obligation but out of our love for God.

Our prayers should come from the heart and not a work assignment. Where we decide to praise God for two minutes, offer up our petitions, and then praise another two minutes. It is easy to get into this habit, I know. God wants our prayers to be heartfelt communication with Him.

The more we pray, the more our relationship develops so that prayer to God is simply us talking to our Heavenly Father. We can talk about everything. Believe it or not God does want to hear about our day. Talk to God about your frustrations and your heart's desire. God is interested in your life and your needs. We can share things with God that we would be embarrassed about with anyone else. There is nothing that you can say to God that will shock Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 28, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”My Faith Looks Up To You”

In these days of uncertainty, where do we put our faith? Leaders of every Country are unsure what to do. Medical experts are unsure of the answer. The only safe place to put our trust is in God. God knows how. Could not this time be a wake-up call for Christians and none-Christians alike?

This is the time to decide who we will serve. The times show us we are on the verge of something big and that is the rapture when Jesus comes for His Own. It is time to lay aside doubts and choose Jesus. After the Rapture, the tribulation will begin. This will be a time of judgment on the world for rejecting Jesus. This is not a time we want to be on this earth.

It is the time to lay aside our pride and accept the fact that we need a Savior. Jesus died for our sins. He offers us redemption, but we must humble ourselves and accept His gift. Christians seek forgiveness of unrepentant sin and none Christians seek salvation while it can still be found. I cannot express strongly enough how important this is.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 27, 2020
Happy Friday,

”Settle Down, I Said”

Four little words, but as children, we knew there was going to be discipline behind those words if we did not obey. It was often hard to settle down as kids. It seems like our bodies and minds were wound up like a wind-up toy just waiting to jump.

This morning my brain is like that. Jumping from subject to subject and from song to song. I had to read my devotion three times to take it in. There are often times we have to pray for God to settle us down. We can be listening to a Pastor and our mind feels like a jumping bean. ”Did we lock the door? What do I need at the grocery store? etc.”

God does honor our request and help our minds settle on His Words. During this mandatory stay at home, time, we can feel like we are going stir crazy. When we begin to sing songs of praise as a prayer to God, we will begin to relax. God will give us peace of mind. We can rejoice in the presence of our Heavenly Father.
Betty

Representative Text
1 I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river in my soul.
I've got peace like a river in my soul.
2 I've got love like a river,
I've got love like a river,
I've got love like a river in my soul.
I've got love like a river in my soul
3 I've got joy like a river,
I've got joy like a river,
I've got joy like a river in my soul.
I've got joy like a river in my soul.
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 25, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Seek The Lord

Isaiah 55:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

God tells us that we should seek Him, while He may be found. We cannot harden our hearts and minds to the call of God and then expect Him to hear our prayers. Having a healthy and close relationship with God is essential.

During this time of uncertainty, we should be talking to God more than once a day. When we do this God will encourage us and our faith will grow.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Go Back To The Bible

What should we do when we feel lost? Go back to the Bible. The Bible is our spiritual lifeblood. When we feed on the Word of God, our Spiritual health improves. When we begin to believe the promises of God, our faith grows and our fears and doubts diminish.

In this time when many of us are stuck at home by law, we have many resources on which we can feed our souls. We can read the Bible online. There are many Christian devotions online. Just make sure the Devotions line up with what the Bible says. The Bible is the final authority.

Spend time praying for ourselves, our families, and friends. Pray for our Country and our President. Pray for sinners to accept salvation through the Precious Blood of Jesus.

Do not fear but keep our faith in God. He will never fail us. No matter what is happening in the world today, God is still in control. These days may be God’s ways of bringing souls to Himself before the rapture takes place.

May God fill your hearts with peace and calm your Spirits with His love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2020
Happy Monday,

”Glorious Appearing ”

Titus 2:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

In times like these, remembering the glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior brings encouragement and joy. It is good for us to remind ourselves that this time is temporary. With hearts filled with hope, we look forward to a perfect eternity with our Heavenly Father.

If we have humbled ourselves before God and accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we can live in peace in this life, knowing God is watching over us. We need not fear death because our last breath will welcome us into our eternal reward.

When we love God with all our heart, our heart’s desire will to live sinless lives. We will want to live for God and in a way that is pleasing to God. Our heart’s desire will be to share the love of Christ with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Live-streamed our Church Service and then our Daughter’s Church. Picked up groceries at store with curb-pick-up. Even in these days, we are blessed. I read about a lady who got saved and then filled with the Holy Spirit just from watching Church from her front yard. God is still working in these miraculous times.

God is still in control and He is still saving souls. Keep praying for your loved ones, because the door of salvation is still opened. This is not the time of give up. Jesus is coming back, soon! Our time of suffering will soon be over. Soon we will be singing praises to God as we walk those golden streets of Heaven.

May God bless you and your family and encourage each of you with His loving Kindness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
  Praising my Savior all the day long.
2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Times of Frustration

We are living in frustrating times. It is hard to get basic necessities. You have to go to store to store to get some of what you need. People are tired, frustrated, and cranky. It is easy to lose our temper and say things we should not say. We are so much better off if we do not allow hateful words to pass our lips.

We are so much better off if we pray before we leave the house. I cannot say I always remember to pray. Let us try to pray more, especially that we will allow God’s love to shine through us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 20, 2020
Happy Friday,

Faith Over Fear

This is a subject that is being taught and preached on a lot at this time. Faith over fear is needed in these times. We must choose Faith over Fear. Simply, we must choose our reaction and not allow our reaction to determine our actions.

Fear causes us to react in anger or sometimes it prohibits us from taking much-needed action. Fear is a human reaction. Choosing Faith over Fear is a Godly action. We can choose to walk in faith. How do we walk in faith? We walk with God daily. When we walk in faith daily then our normal reaction is to trust God.

When our faith begins to weaken, we go to Hebrews 11 (the Faith Chapter).

Hebrews 11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hebrews 11 tells us of the men and women throughout time, that we're sustained by their faith in God. Some died in their faith, not receiving their answer until after their death. Because of their faith, they found favor in God.
This assures us that we can continue to have faith that after we die that our prayers for our families will still be answered by God.

In the coming days of uncertainty, go to the Rock of our Salvation and lean on Him. He will increase our faith and gives us the courage to walk faithfully with God through this storm. ”His eye is on the Sparrow” and He is watching over us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 19, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Courage

Psalm 27:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Courage is lived out in many, many, ways. Christopher Columbus traveling across the Oceans to find America. Soldiers leaving the safety of their homes to fight battles across the Ocean for the freedom of others. Missionaries who leave their homes to fly into dangerous Countries to share the Gospel of Christ. Individuals fighting cancer one day at a time.

Courage is often a journey, draining us physically and emotionally. There will be days of doubt and despair, but courageous people pick up their weapons and fight day after day. For those who choose to live their lives for Christ, their battles are not fought in vain. The journey will intel many ubattles. Some battles won and some lost, but the war will be won. Often the war is won in death. Death does not mean a Christian has lost the war. It often means they have won the war and God has called them to their award in Heaven.

God equips His soldiers for battle. He is with us from the beginning of the war until the end. Through the dark nights when we feel overwhelmed and outnumbered, God sends His Angels to minister unto us. They administer healing oils and encouragement so we can fight another day.

Many of us are in the midst of our final battle. We can rest under the wings of our Heavenly Father, knowing He will never forsake or leave us. We need not fear the days to come. God will be with us until we enter the Gates of Heaven.

All of us are facing uncertain times. Every Country struggling to stay ahead of the virus. This is the time for Nations to turn to God for Divine help. As individuals let us lay aside our pride and surrender ourselves to God.
Betty

Isaiah 41:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

I did not sleep well last night because my head hurt so badly. Yet even in the pain, God gave me peace as I sang songs of praise to Him. Songs sang at a whisper, but God heard every word. In times of pain, physically or emotionally, God meets us where we are. Songs of praise from our hearts will reach the heart of God.

Troubles that the devil sends our way are no match for our Heavenly Father.
In the midst of sorrow and pain, God pours out His Holy Spirit over us and our wounds are healed. As we set a time to spend in prayers for others and we do pray for others we will be refreshed and with the help of God, we will be overcome.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement