Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 19, 2019
Happy Saturday,

How do we hang on and not be encouraged, when the devil attacks? We remember who walks with us every day. What ever weapon the devil uses against us, we can keep going, because God will give us strength to carry on. Trust in God and ignore the lies the devil whispers or shouts into our ears. The devil fights so hard, because he knows he is on the losing side. God will be with us and sustain us through every storm.

Isaiah 26 King James Version (KJV)
26 In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
2 Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
5 For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust.
6 The foot shall tread it down, even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy.
7 The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just.
8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Physical and emotional battles can cause us to be come weary. Do not lose heart, my friend, but call out to Jesus. He will sustain us and encourage us. We can trust God, through every battle.
Betty

https://youtu.be/HofI50AD55Y

MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
GodTube Staff

"My Faith Looks Up to Thee" is an American hymn penned by Ray Palmer in 1830. The melody associated with this hymn is called OLIVET, composed by Lowell Mason. This is one of the most famous hymns from American history, even used as a source of encouragement and serenity by Civil War soldiers. Discover the lyrics and story behind this amazing hymn along with music videos below!

1 My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
be wholly Thine.
2 May Thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire;
as Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire.
3 While life’s dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be Thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow’s tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from Thee aside.
4 When ends life's transient dream,
when death’s cold, sullen stream
shall o'er me roll,
blest Savior, then in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul.

Source: Hymns to the Living God #269

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3609 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 18, 2019
Happy Friday,

“On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand”

Whatever circumstances we are going through, we can stand on our relationship with God. When we make God, head of our daily life, and not just a Sunday relationship, we can stand through all storms. There are things happening in this world that we do not understand. There is evil in this world that if we knew the details we would melt like a snowman on a hot day. If we keep our eyes on Jesus we can still be strong in the Name Of Jesus.

Standing on the solid rock is not lip service. We must have a true relationship with Jesus. Are we willing to stand for the truth of God’s Word, in a world where Bible truths are rejected? It is not easy. Look at the number of Preachers and Bible Study Teachers, who have abandoned the truth to be relevant and popular in a world where the truth of God’s Holy Word.

When we stand on God’s Word. We are standing on truth. God did not call us to be popular. He was not popular. At the beginning of Jesus’ ministry, crowds followed Him to see miracles. When Jesus begin teaching the hard part of the Gospel, the crowds abandoned Him. Even the disciples where disappointed when Jesus did not conquer Rome and set up His Kingdom on Earth. It was not until they were filled with the Holy Spirit where their eyes opened about what Jesus came to earth for.

Jesus came to suffer and die for our redemption of sins. Without the shedding of blood their is no salvation.

Hebrews 9:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

After the rapture and the tribulation, Jesus will come back in the Second Coming. He is not coming back as a Lamb for slaughter, but as King of Kings. Jesus went to His death as meek as a lamb, but He is coming back as a roaring lion to judge the world.
The world who rejected the gift of salvation will face the White Throne of Judgement. Those who deny that God exist will stand before Him and be judged for their sins.

Stand on the truth of God and worship Him in truth and spirit. It will not be long and He will come and get His Own. Those who do not belong to God, who have not allowed God to be Lord of their lives, will be left behind to face the tribulation. Most will accept the mark of the beast and their fate will be sealed in hell. Because they rejected the truth, God will allow a delusion to cover most of the people left behind and they will accept the anti-Christ and worship the devil. Today is the day is salvation.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3609 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2019
Happy Thursday,

This world is getting stranger and stranger. People who reject God, are willing to believe there are over 100 genders. Young children are given hormone pills do change their gender. Not only is the world as a whole rejecting God but they are working ferociously to change His creation. They are figuratively raising their fist at God, saying that they know better than God. The anger against God and the Bible is growing at a fierce rate.

Yet, many Christians refuse to believe that we are living in the last days. Many are content with life on this earth and are in no hurry for the rapture. This is very sad. Our hearts should be filled with longing for the rapture. We should be rushing to do the will of God. Doing the will of God is many things. Mamas loving their little ones and praying for them daily, are doing God’s Work. We should pray for mamas with young ones. Praying that God will give them strength and rest.

Pray for mamas with School age children. Pray for them to have the courage to teach them right and wrong, in a world that doesn’t know right and wrong, anymore. Prayer for people of all ages. The devil is attacking all Christians of every age group.

Pray for Christians who are more invested in the world, then in God. We must not love this world more then God. Salvation is more important then being politically correct. Rather to be laughed and scorned on earth, then to spend eternity in hell. Remember the world hated Jesus and killed Him. There were days long passed when Christians were respected. Now if you are sold out to God you are probably considered foolish.
Think about this. This life is short compared to eternity. Rather be known as foolish in this lifetime, then realize how foolish you were, when you spend eternity in hell.
Betty

John 15:18-27 King James Version (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Neither one of us slept last night and today we do not feel so good. We all have bad nights or days. What we must remember that God is with us through everything. We can handle the bad situations in life when we trust in God. We can pray for peace when our lives around us are in turmoil.

Sometimes it takes us being exhausted to stop and rest and spend time with God. Could it be that God allows His children to get a cold or the flu, so they would take time from their busy lives to take time to tall to Him? It is something to think about. How about we make the effort to talk to God every day?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Teenagers were arrested for loosing the nuts on wheels of cars. When the driver pulls over, they jump out of their car and rob them. It seems there is constantly a new scam for people to lazy to work to make money. It is not harmless fun and they often take advantage of us elderly. It is easy for us to lose trust in people. Just as there are people begging for money claiming to be homeless, when they are not, there are real homeless people.

What do we do? I pray and ask God what to do. He will guide us. We saw a elderly lady with a sign that said she and two dogs where living in her truck. We got her a meal and took it to her. She asked me, my first name and said she would pray for me. She was a tall and very skinny woman. I hugged her and looking back, I wished I had prayed for her then. There are times I do not feel led to give. When I do, I pick up a burger meal for them

Matthew 10:42 King James Version (KJV)
42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward

We can pray before we leave our homes that God gives us opportunities to help others. Sometimes, it is just a hug for someone suffering. Just a note, always ask first. We can be God’s light in this dark word. We can say a quiet prayer for someone. They need not even need to know. I pray that God will encourage anyone who reads this who is struggling. My friend, do not give up. Our race is almost over. Keep up the good fight and trust God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

https://youtu.be/rkZKhMgbuQY

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2019
Happy Monday,

Pride and Running The Race

When we remember our talents are a gift from God, then we will not be tempted to be prideful. Some Christians talents put them in the limelight and others work in the background. All gifts used for the Glory of God are important. There is no need for envy, when our works are done for God and not for the praise on men. All the Glory belongs to God.

Our race is winding down and soon we will be with Jesus. Let us pray that God will help us keep our hands clean from sin and our feet on the path of righteousness. So many distractions in this world. We must be careful to keep our focus on God. Let us lay aside the desire to be people pleasers, but instead let us focus on pleasing God.

Cling to God in bad and good times. Praise His Holy Name, even in the midst of a storm. Remember we are not to be of this world. We are to live Holy and Righteous lives. Allow the Holy Spirit to shine through us so others can see God at work and be blessed.
Betty

https://youtu.be/z0M0tX6LxJs

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 13, 2019

Hubby wanted me to play on YTube the song: “To God, Be The Glory. Of course I did. Do you ever wonder if you praise God enough? I know that I am not always faithful, in that regard. I can get caught up my health issues, that I neglect giving God praise. There are days that as I say my bedtime prayers, that I am convicted for the little time I spend with God that day.

I know that having a relationship with God, is a blessing. I do not mean to take such a precious relationship for granted, yet I sometimes do. God is so loving that He forgives us. We miss out when we do not communicate with God, throughout the day.

We were blessed today to have our son and daughter-in-law visit us with our grandbaby. She is now 5 months. She is trying to talk. It is the little things like a visit from your kids can build up your spirits. Life can be hard. Health issues can wear us down, God provides diamonds of joy to brighten our day. Our son called our daughter on the phone and put her and her husband on speaker phone, so we could visit with them, also. As you can see God gave us a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Where Do I Stand?

This is the time to stand up for truth, especially the truth of the Gospel. No longer, can we afford to sit on the fence. When asked about sin, we fail God if we mumble and try to avoid answering the question. When we know the truth and we refuse to speak the truth, we are lying.

John 8:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

It is true that speaking the truth in these days can bring you ridicule. The question is whether we would rather offend God or man. Avoiding the truth, to keep from hurting someone’s feelings is actually cruel, when it comes to sin.
When a Pastor refuses to speak the truth in attempt to make him seem like a loving person, he is the opposite of love. His refusal to speak the truth is a lie from the pit of hell.

There will be many sinners, when standing before the White Throne of judgement will call out the names of Pastors who gave them false hopes of salvation. This world does not need Preachers and Teachers who make people feel comfortable in their sins. So much better to be scared out of hell then to be coddled into hell.

When we confess our sins and turn away from our sins, we can live in true peace. The false peace the devil gives, may allow you to sleep better but will not keep you out of hell. The Bible makes it clear that we cannot serve self and God.

Matthew 6:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

We must choose whom we will serve. There is too much at stake to waffle back in forth between serving man and serving God. Eventually your soul will either become apart of God’s family or settle into a lifestyle of sin. Eternity is too important to try to ride the fence of pleasing self and others or pleasing God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2019
Happy Friday,

Hubby got great news at the Doctor, his heart is great. I had prayed and God answered my prayers. I had told the Doctor that I had prayed for a successful outcome. She did not comment but I know God’s hand was on my hubby. I was at peace when we went to the Doctor. We can be at peace when we trust God. My hubby has had a couple of strokes, so having a strong heart is important.

No one is a super Christian. We have our ups and downs. Through it all, God is with us. When we sin and doubt God, we cry out for forgiveness and in his mercy, He forgives us and comforts us. We can rejoice even in times of concern, when remember that we serve a living Savior.

We live in a world that has embraced sin, as acceptable and profitable. People and companies not only accept sin, but they are getting rich off of sin. Do not envy the powerful and the rich sinners. Their life of glamor is only for a short time. We have an eternity in Heaven awaiting us, who have surrendered ourselves to God.

Contrary to the beliefs of many in the world, God is not a myth. Judgement is coming to those who rejected the truth of the Gospel. President Obama called Christians weak people, who lean on their faith and guns. What he doesn’t understand that God is a Master of taking the weak and making us strong in Him.
Betty

Isaiah 14:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Fall of Lucifer
“How you are fallen from heaven,
O [a]Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!

Isaiah 40:29 New King James Version (NKJV)
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.

Romans 8:26 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 10, 2019
Happy Thursday,

I had an embarrassing incident yesterday. Hubby’s heart Doctor called, when I answered the phone I did not who she was or why she called. I got her mixed up with his primary care Doctor. I was still upset early this morning and not able to sleep, when my daughter-in-law reminded me that God is still with me and He is walking me through this.

I talk so much about trusting in God and yet, I allowed fear to over shadow me. The devil likes to sneak attack us and we can be throw off guard. Truth is, no matter how long we have been a Christian, we still deal with new things that can side rail us.

It turned out hubby has an appointment with the heart Doctor today. Even though I had written it on the calendar, we both had forgotten. Every Christian has set backs. Every Christian has times when they are off their game. We need to remind ourselves just as Sarah, did me, that God is still in control. When we are attacked by fear, go to our Heavenly Father and He will cover us in His love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Find Rest In God

Matthew 11:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I am finding out that due to my health issues, I need more rest, then I used to. There is no shame in needing to take care of your physical needs. Why do we feel shame, when we need spiritual rest? Jesus invited His children to come to Him for spiritual rest. There is no judgment in the verse above for those who need spiritual rest.

Have you every know a Christian who worked constantly for God for a time and then slipped away from Church, altogether? They were trying to be super Christian, on their own power. We can be so focused on doing God’s work that we do not spend any time with God. We literally starve our soul of it’s spiritual needs.

There also those who did not become a Christian. Instead of a heart change, they decided on their own that they would earn salvation. Works will not save us. No matter how many jobs we take on at the Church, there is no heart change, if we do not surrender ourselves to God. This kind of person works hard for awhile and then they give up.

Salvation must take place in the heart. We must surrender all to Jesus. A child of God, chooses to work for God out of their love for God. Works come from a desire of a child of God to want to please our Heavenly Father. We also need to realize we cannot say yes to every job. We pray for guidance from God in what jobs to say yes to and some jobs to decline.

Every day seek spiritual guidance and rest in the Lord, so that we can grow spiritually. We can become unnerved by just watching the news or reading the news paper. More then every Christians need to rest in the Lord. When we depend on God, we need not fear the events going on in the world. We seek God to help us remain faithful in a world where Christian beliefs are no longer admired. If you believe sin is still sin you will be considered a fanatic and a hater. A Christians ultimate desire is to please God and not mankind.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 8, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Seeking God in a Loud World

Sometimes we need some quiet time with God. Time to listen and time to share our concerns with our Heavenly Father. God is always available to hear our prayers. There is so much noise in today’s world, that it is hard to find a quiet time with God. It takes effort on our part, but worth it. Spending time with God gives peace for today and hope for tomorrow.

Do not give into fear, but trust in God. Ignore the devil and his lies. He wants to throw you off track. God calls us to follow Him and trust Him with our lives. We can trust God, when realize that God’s ways are the best for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2019
Happy Monday,

“Who Am I”

I wonder why God would use me, when I am so flawed. The older that I get the less I can do. COPD, has stolen most of my singing voice. I get tongue tied when I talk about God to strangers. My brain has lost its punch and my thoughts get jumbled in a fog of confusion. If I was a horse, I would be put out to pasture.

Yet, God in His love for me, still allows me to work for Him, in my small way. Working for God is not drudgery, but an honor. Even on days of distress, I can feel His love for me. His love covers us like a bird covers her chicks. Even when storms of live are overwhelming we can run to God for protection.

So many people around the world are being tortured for their faith. Yet, they keep their faith strong in our Heavenly Father. I wish I could bind their wounds and comfort them in my arms. I then remember that God can comfort them in ways no person can. My heart cries out for the trumpet to blow and God to come and remove His children from this evil world.

Surely even on days when my body and mind, betray me, I can pray for those tortured and in prisons for sharing the Gospel. They are punished by the very people who need salvation the most. Who am I? A simple woman who loves the Lord and wants God to use me for His glory.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 6, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Use Me, God For Your Glory

Today, my brain seems to be surrounded by fog. Putting my thoughts together to form a sentence is like chasing a toddler. Yet even in my confusion, I am at peace. God’s love is a blessing that God surrounds us with, no matter our circumstances.

In today’s world, so many Christians are suffering. Parents who are grieving over children who have chosen sin over salvation in Christ. Christians dealing with cancer and other terminal diseases. No matter what we are going through, we can rest in the presence of our Heavenly Father.

Every day we live, we can grow in Christ. We can make a difference in someone else’s lives every day. It is so easy to stay focused only our needs. We will feel better when we focus on others who are suffering. Sometimes we can provide what they need, but we can always pray for them. I have found praying for others, encourages me. Every day we should pray that God will use us to be a blessing to others. To help us not to be so self-absorbed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 5, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Planted Securely in God

I slept 4 hours last night, two hours at a time. I got the Botox in my forehand and the back of my head. I was in pain most of the time. Because, I have a poor immune system, I always have a cold after not sleeping well. So this morning I am cranky and feel badly. Husband slept worse then me so we are like two cranky bears this morning.

We can not always control our circumstances, but we can control our attitude. Instead of snapping at our mate (guilty), we can talk to God. Today I will do a lot of resting and may take a nap. I can choose to give my problems to God. Even just resting and reading will help me feel better.

It’s hard to believe something so painful can prevent headaches. In our lives, God takes us down paths that are painful sometimes. We can become angry at God. Yet, these very paths will be good for spiritual growth. Christian persecution is coming to America. If we are not spiritually strong, we will be like the seed that was growing in hard and rocky soil that eventually died. When we walk willingly with God and trust Him, to choose our path, we will grow stronger spiritually. Our roots in God will grow strong enough so that a strong wind will not pull our roots out of the ground;

We need a revival in our soul. Churches will grow when their members all are revived by the Holy Spirit. We should pray for our Pastors and their wives. The devil goes strongly after Ministers. If the Shepard loses his way, the Church will be effected also. This is the time to pray for spiritual growth and strength to serve the Lord, in these days when belief in the truth of the Bible is not only rare but disrespected.
Betty

Matthew 13:18-24 King James Version (KJV)
18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2019
Happy Friday,

Does God Owe Me An Explanation?

We seem to think that God should explain to us why things happen. We struggle with finding a logic explanation about why someone dies, so young.
We do not understand why we got laid off at work. Why does our child, that we raised in Church, stop believing in God? Why do we suffer with illness and disease? Yet, the harder we pray, no answer comes.

It is easy to say and truthful to say that God doesn’t need to explain, Himself to us. Yet this does not quiet the voices in our heads that demands an answer. We can spend hours trying to find a reason unto we fall into our bed, exhausted. Relief only comes when we stop questioning and start excepting God’s plan.

Trusting in God, is not easy, but it is an requirement for walking with God. We must let go of our desire for an answer and remember that one day in Heaven, we will understand. I am not saying that this is easy. The devil will bring up questions of why, even many years, down the line. This is when we remind ourselves and Satan, that God does indeed, know best. When we are in Heaven, we will understand, but for now, God demands that we trust Him.

Trust, requires us to lay down our questions at the feet of Jesus and walk by faith. When we do that, God will give us peace. Does God owe us an explanation? No!
Betty

2 Samuel 22:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Psalm 9:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 28:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 3, 2019
Happy Thursday,

15 Minutes of Fame

Andy Warhol, coined the phrase: “15 minutes of fame”`. An older version of the same concept in English is the expression "nine days' wonder", which dates at least as far back as the Elizabethan era. The idea is that everyone wants to be famous and fame is fleeting. The media ‘darling’ today could be a ‘nobody’ next year.

I never wanted to be famous. I just want to live my life quietly and unobserved by the masses. The same media, who loves you today can trash you tomorrow. Sadly, people climb over people and cheat one another for their 15 minutes. Ignoring God as they work their way to the top.

Living a life that is pleasing to God to so many, seems unnecessary to so many and yet our eternity, rides on our relationship with God. Having your picture on a cover of a magazine means nothing in the long run. The attention span of the public is fleeting and before you know it, you are a has been.

Children of God are never a has been to Him. He loves us and if we allow Him to, He will guide us all of our life. The devil uses people and then throws them away like yesterday’s news. God wants to walk with us, our entire journey. It is up to us, how close we walk with God. We choose if we want to be people pleasers or seek the approval of our Heavenly Father. What better way is there to spend your life, then to seek to please the God of the Universe?
Betty

John 12:26If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 2, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Are We Sweet Smelling or Bitter to the Taste

Ephesians 5:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
5 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

We are to be an offering and a sacrifice to our Heavenly Father. If we do not walk in the truth and the light, we will become moldy and our sweet smell will become a stench in the nostrils of God. Did Jesus sacrifice Himself on the cross, to save us out of the darkness, only for us to choose to walk in darkness? God forbid! We must choose to walk in the light of God’s Word.

We cannot hide our sins from God and our motives are a beacon to our truths. We can choose to live in a manner that is pleasing to God or walk in darkness. While the devil and his demons will tempt us, we choose, ourselves what path we will take. The choice is ours. Walking in the truths of God, we honor Him with our obedience. We cannot live our lives walking in sin and life. If we walk in sin, sin will corrupt even the good that we do. Our accomplishments for God will be snuffed out by our sins, if we choose to sin.

We cannot be a child of God and choose a sinful lifestyle. The corruption of sin will over come us, if we choose to dapple in sin. We must forsake sin and return to living for Christ and in doing so, we will please Him. We cannot serve two masters. The choice is ours. Do we choose to serve God or to serve self?
Do we seek the righteousness of God or to please self and others. Remember when we stand before God, we will be us standing alone if we rejected the truth of the Holy Spirit of God. If we have turned our back on God and His Word, we have chosen darkness.

1 John 1:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Our life must be totally given over to God. He will not save part of us. We cannot choose to be half saved. It is living completely for God or to self. We are so close to the end of grace. It would be heartbreaking to turn from salvation and live in sin, this close to then end. Determine to walk in the truths of God and give Him your whole life and Jesus, Himself will reward you in Heaven. Walk in sin and hell will be your eternal reward.
Betty

Ephesians 5:1-13 New International Version (NIV)

1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 1, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Took hubby for a Chemical Stress test and now, we are back in bed. Both of us are really tired. Our health issues causes us to tire easily. While resting our bodies, we can take time to offer up praises to God. Knowing God is always with us, will help us relax in His presence. Our praises coming from a heart of love, is a gift to our Savior.

God wants His children to be obedient and grateful. When we enter the gates of Heaven, we will regret not praising God as much as we should of. We should trust God, no manner our circumstances. Our love for God should not be based on what God does for us or gives us. Salvation alone should be a source of a thankful heart in all of God’s children.

May God help us to be grateful and help us to pray for one another. May we bring a heart of love for God and for others when we knell at the feet of Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 30, 2019
Happy Monday,

“Looking For A City”

As evil abounds, I find myself longing for Heaven. As Christians, we know our earthly home is just a shell that holds our spirit and our soul. One day we will shake off this body of clay and we will be given a body of righteousness, made by the hands of God.

One day, we will shake off our physical limitations and put on a perfect body. What a day it will be when face God, face to face in our Heavenly body! We will lay aside our body of corruption and God will give us a incorruptible body, not touched by sin.

An old Gospel song called: “Looking For A City” written by Brain Free talks about the Blessed City, we will one day call home. As we draw closer to God, our hearts yearn for this City”. While it is true we yearn for a home, where there is no sin, we also long to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. The more evil the people of this earth grows, the more our soul longs to live in a home where there is no sin.

My dear friends we are so close to the prize. Let us pray that God will help us to stay faithful to the end. As the days of grace come to an end, may we be found working for God until the trumpet blows, to call us home.
Betty

Here among the shadows in a lonely land,
We're a band of pilgrims on the move
Burdened down with sorrows, shunned on every hand,
Looking for a city built above.
Looking for a city, where we'll never die,
There the sainted millions, never say good-bye,
There we'll meet our Savior, and our loved ones too,
Come O Holy Spirit, all our hopes renew.
In this land of dangers going here and there
Trusting in the blessed Saviors love;
Tho' we may be strangers, in this world of care,
Looking for a city built above.
Looking for a city, where we'll never die,
There the sainted millions, never say good-bye,
There we'll meet our Savior, and our loved ones too,
Come O Holy Spirit, all our hopes rene

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 29, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Health wise, I seem to have a bad day ever other day. Yesterday I was able to go shopping, today I missed Church. I can choose to grieve the bad days or embrace the good days. In our Christian walk, we will not always be on the mountain top. There will be days that we find ourselves in the dark valleys. There will be days that we sin by action or attitude. Do not allow the devil to tempt you to quit but remind yourself that your Heavenly Father, is a loving, forgiving God.

There is victory ahead. If we are saved by the precious blood of Jesus. We can live each day in hope and not despair. We are not a gold fish, swimming in circles around the fish bowl, no clue what is going on, outside the bowl. We can be at peace, knowing God is in control. No matter our limitations, if we are willing, God can use us for His Glory. God is not looking for supper men to work in His Kingdom. He takes flawed people and uses them for His Kingdom.

As we age, we are inclined to develop health issues, let us be grateful to our Heavenly Father for using us for His Glory. It is tempting to feel sorry for ourselves as our abilities diminish. We will be so much more at peace, if we embrace what we can do and place what we can no longer do, in the hands of God. Working for God is not a duty, but a privilege.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 28, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Knowing the Truth

I prayed to know what is wrong with me. By going to my patient portal. I found I am being treated for Encephalopathy. The effects to the brain can be temporary or permanent. No longer do I feel like the Doctor is not listening. He is taking my symptoms seriously. Knowing the truth does not frighten me. I now feel safe, knowing God knows my future.

God does not have His head in the sand. He knows the chaos going on around the world. He warned of these days. We can walk these dark days, knowing we are not alone. God is indeed with us, every step and every day. As Satan power grows, God’s power is not weakening. Dispute the turmoil God is still control.

The Jews as a whole, rejected Jesus. Soon the days of the gentiles will end. Then God will once again focus His attention on Israel. It will take persecution for the Nation of Israel to accept Jesus as their Savior. A Jewish Religious leader hates Christians. He said Christians hated the Jews and we only wanted the rapture so the Jews would suffer. He could not see the bigger picture. Yes, the Christians do long for Heaven, we also long for salvation for the House of Israel.

One day, Jews and Christians will worship Jesus together. We will rejoice together knowing we are saved by grace through the precious Blood of Christ. Just as the age of the gentiles is coming to an end, the new age for the Jewish people will soon be born.
Betty

Luke 2:34 King James Version (KJV)
34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; Luke 2:35 King James Version (KJV)
35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.” – Matthew 23:34-39.

“What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.  And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:  Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.  I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.  Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?” – Romans 11:7-12.

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:  For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father’s sakes.” – Romans 11:25-28.

“The mystery – now revealed in the Church Age was that Israel (as a nation) would remain in Spiritual blindness until the Church Age was complete. The completion of the Church Age occurs at the Rapture. When God will remove the Church from the Earth and once again turn His Face back to Israel.”

““And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.  And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.  And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
 “And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing…and shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.  And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.
“…Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord God.  And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God.” – Ezekiel 34:23-31.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 27, 2019
Happy Friday,

The Love of The Creation

I saw the Neurologist, yesterday. He is still convinced that my health issues are caused by inflammation on my brain. Inflammation showed up in my blood test. Going to try Botox, next Friday. When you are ill, Doctors try all kinds of test to find the problem and then all kinds of procedures to fix the problems. Kind of a hit and miss solution.

We live in a world where leaders are perplexed by global warming and crime.
The real solution to the world’s problems, is to seek God’s face, ask forgiveness of our sins, and turn away from sin. Leaders of this world for the most part are filled with pride and will not submit themselves to God. The solutions they recommend are just putting a bandaid on evil that abounds in this earth.

Submitting to the authority of God, would admit that we are a sinful bunch of people. As a whole people admitting their sins is a step that their pride will not allow themselves to take. In my opinion the worst sin is killing babies in the womb. When I hold my 4 month old grand baby, I see the most innocent of us.

Romans 1:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

In an attempt to end pollution, Joe Biden, says we must kill more unborn babies in the womb of poor people. The other solution they think is to get rid of a million people. Yet they are surprised people balk at the idea of given up their weapons. They worship the creation and not the creator. The world cannot fix itself but the Creator of the world, the God who spoke the universe into creation, can fix His Own creation.

Satan, who cannot create anything but chaos, is willing to destroy the people of this earth, in order to get what he has always wanted: to be worshipped. God is the creator, Satan is the destroyer.

Saints, do not fear the times we are living. Jesus warned us of these days. God has not been taken unaware of what is going on. We are living in the last days that Jesus warned us about. If we are saved by the Precious Blood of Christ, we will soon be going to our true home: Heaven. Take your concerns and fears to Jesus and He will give you peace of mind and heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Happy Thursday
Sept 26, 2019

Focused on the Right Thing

For about a month, there has been hundreds of little beads around my chair. I moved the chair and vacuumed and put a different chair in its place, only to find more little beads all around the different chair. Turns out the beads were not coming from the chair at all, but from a little mini desk that I hold in my lap. All that work needlessly.

We can become focused on the wrong thing spiritually. We can become convinced if we work hard enough, God will love us more. First of all God loves us with a pure love. Unlike people, whose love can change from day to day, God’s love is consistent. Our ticket to Heaven is not based on good works but on the precious blood of Christ.

We do need not attempt to buy our way, to Heaven with good deeds. We do want to work for God, but out of love and not fear. Another way we can become focused on the wrong thing is to compare our works to another. Measuring in our head if we do more then a another Christian. God has a plan for our life and it is not being a copy of someone else.

Sinners often compare their sin with others. They think if they sin less then others, then they will be admitted into Heaven. They do not want to become a Christian, because they would have to change their lifestyle. They want merit to be their ticket to Heaven. In today’s world, people are attempting to rewrite the Bible to reflect their own beliefs. Even some Pastors are saying the Bible should revolve into reflecting today’s standards.

God’s Holy Word, will never change. Sin is still sin. It is not about how bad a sin is. All sin is bad and cannot enter into the Gates of Heaven. We must repent and turn away from sin.

Proverbs 26:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Let us focus on God and not listen to the world’s definition of what sin is. At the end of life, God will be our judge. No man can stand in our place or make a plea for our redemption. We will stand before God and what will matter is if our Name is written in the Book of Life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 25, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Sleepless in Texas

Was awake still at 6:30 this morning. The doorbell rang at 8 for the city to check the new air conditioner. I must have looked like a zombie, when I opened the door. He was suppose to be here Friday morning. Life’s little surprises, do not always come in gift paper and a bowl. Like a fender bender when the car in front of you unexpectedly stops.

We are not always in control of our circumstances but we can control how we react. Do we embarrass our Lord and Savior, with the words that come out of our mouths? Do we react in anger or in love? Material things are usually replaceable , lives are not. We need not allow our testimony to be cheapened by anger.

When bad things happen, take a moment or two, to seek the face of God. Ask Him to help us behave in a way that is pleasing to Him. May we be a testimony of God’s love and not another excuse for sinners to call Christians; hypocrites. As I get older, the less objects matter to me. My faith and my family is what is important.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 24, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh, means God will provide. God has been providing for mankind since He created Adam and Eve. When God made man, He set him up in a beautiful garden, filled with all kinds of fruit and vegetables. When Adam became lonely, God provided Him with Eve, made from Adam’s rib. When Adam and Eve sinned God provided clothing for them both. God will and does provide.

Psalm 37:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

God took a farmer named Noah and turned him into a carpenter to build an ark. He provided a way for Noah and his family to eat, while Noah built the ark. God also provided for the family to eat during the flood and the time it took for the water to recede.

God provides for His children. Yet, we often worry needlessly. We allow fear to overwhelm us, when God wants us to trust Him. We look at Paul and all he went through in sharing the Gospel to the gentiles. He suffered many trials and tribulations, but we do not see a man who lived in terror. He trusted God and he even though he was killed for his faith, he worshipped God in life and in death.
The second he passed from life to death, his suffering ended and his new life in the presence with God began.

2 Corinthians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Living, provides us a way to work for the Kingdom of God. Young and old, healthy and cripple, we can work for God. We seek God’s face and we willingly give ourselves to God, to use us for His Kingdom. In death, we pass from this life into the very presence of God. God will provide the talents we need to do His Work. Jesus chose 12 men to be His disciples. He chose a variety of people and He equipped 11 of them to be the fathers of Christianity.
Betty

Jehovah Jireh: God provides

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 23, 2019
Happy Monday,

What We Don’t Know and What We Do Know

There is so much talk around throwing out the word impeachment. A first year congresswoman, basically threatening the older Democratic Congressmen, If Trump is not impeached. Another word: collusion is being talked against the President and Joe Biden. All this talk is enough to cause concern for Americans.

Christianity is being threatened in America. The Democratic Party proclaiming themselves the Party for the nonreligious and atheist. The Bible is getting closer to being banned for hate speech, then we ever dreamed possible. Sadly, many Churches have no worries with this because they left the fundamental truths of the Bible, along time ago.

As followers of Christ, what do we know ? We know that persecution of those who believe in the truths of the Gospel, is coming. We know no matter what happens in this Country and America, our soul is secure in the Lord our Savior. While many of us are concerned about the coming election, we need not fear. Whatever happens on this world, our eternity is secure in Jesus. Yes, we should pray for America, but we need not crawl under bed covers and tremble with fear.
God is still in control.

Let us stand firm and strong in our faith in Jesus. If we do this we will not be acceptable to any of the false ‘gospels’ that are seeking to be people friendly. While we are to be loving and kind, God did not call us to people pleasers at the cost of the truth.
Betty

2 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Galatians 1:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 21, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Choices

I was listening to a song about choices, by George Jones. I believe everyone has made bad choices in their life time. I do not know about you but the devil has a playlist of all of my bad choices and failures and plays them for me when I cannot sleep. If we allow him to, he can send us into a depression. What we do when Satan reminds of our sins and failures, we remind him that our sins are forgiven.

The biggest choice a person needs to make is accepting salvation through Jesus. This is a choice we can only make in our lifetime. When sinners stand before God in judgement, no amount of tears and pleading will bring them safety from Hell. Christians will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. Our salvation is secure but we will be judged on our works. Are we working for the praise of men or to honor God? Let us work for God because we love God and not to impress those around us.

Please pray for the people of Winnie, Texas. Almost the whole town is flooded and people are suffering. Pray for those in Houston and surrounding areas, that will have to begin again, to rebuild their homes that have been flooded several times before. May God give them strength and peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 20, 2019
Happy Friday

It is raining again and I cannot help but wonder about those wondering if the water will end up in their homes. Watching the water rise and not knowing when the rain will stop has to be nerve racking. I do not understand how people make it without believing in God. Even when bad things happen, God gives me peace.

As I ramble on, let me tell you about something that is said that really upsets me. People saying I hope the ____ ‘god’ helps me. Watching Master Chief this week one of the finalist said I hope the crock pot god helps me. I yelled at the TV:”there is no crock pot god”. I have hear so many different things used in the blank, from baseball god to golf god.

People who deny the existence of the true God, but half joke that they wish luck from a god of appliances to sports gods, are confused people. The truth is people do not want a God to tell them what to do but a god that will make them win something is just fine. Not realizing that anything won on earth is fleeting. Their focus is on now and they deny that eternity exist.

Sadly some people think that everyone goes to Heaven. Others think death will just be an eternity of peaceful slumber. Some one dies and we see RIP wished for them. It is nice to wish that, but it is not true. When we die, our souls either goes to be with God or to hades. We choose the place we go by whether we accept salvation in our lifetime or not. The time to settle this is now while we still live. This is why praying for the lost is important. Christians let us encourage one another and pray for each other.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 19, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Trust

The storm is hanging on. Water was higher than it has ever been leaving the neighborhood. More rain will mean we are stuck inside. So grateful that there is no water inside. Many people are suffering from flooded cars and homes. Please pray for them. People are literally flooded on the roads leaving Houston. They may have to abandon their cars and be rescued.

I look at this page and wonder where God is taking me. There are times that God takes us down a path that we just do not understand the reasoning of why. God does not tell us why He chooses the path that He chose for us. Yet, we know we are in the hands of a perfect God. His reasons may be even beyond our capabilities of understanding, but if we trust Him, we need not fear.

Trust sounds like such an easy thing to do, but it is not always easy. Some of us have issues, trusting. If we lay ourselves before the Lord and let go of control, God will prove Himself trust worthy. Remember God sees the beginning and the end. For the most part, our eyes are on the present. Trusting God in all things cannot be overstated. We cannot please God if we do not trust Him. Let go of fear and grasp on to the hands of God. Whatever happens, God’s Will is the best.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 18, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Storms of Life

We have a tropical storm hovering over the Houston area. Flooding is very possible. People are living with the uncertainty of what is going to happen. In life we do not realize how much uncertainty we live under. We leave the house and take for granted, we will be coming back. Accidents are unexpected events, but they can change our life for ever. We need not fear what may happen, when we serve God. He is in control. We may suffer loss materially and loss of loved ones, but God will not leave us to suffer alone.

Storms of life. They seem to come from no where. This does not mean we live in fear. We seek protection from God daily. We trust Him to do what is best in our lives. God uses good and bad things to help us grow spiritually. Our job is to be willing to allow God to do a work in us. Be soft enough that God can mold us into His image, but hard enough that we are not blown away by every false ‘gospel’ that comes our way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 17, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Broken Pieces

I went to set my coffee cup down and lost my grip. The cup hit the counter and coffee went everywhere. Needless to say, I was not a happy counter. I seem to be dropping things, more lately and that is a cause of concern. Then I reminded myself that, though I do not understand what is happening to my brain and body, God knows. I did not break the cup, which is good, because it is a gift from my daughter.

There are times that we feel broken spiritually. When the devil attacks us physically, emotionally and spiritually, we can feel like we are broken into pieces. We need to remind ourselves that God specializes in putting broken people back together. If we needed surgery to fix a broken bone, the Doctor would have us put to sleep to fix the bone. He will not allow us to be awake, telling him how to do the surgery. We are often guilty of telling God how to fix us. We want to be fixed, but on our terms. God tells us to get out of His way and allow Him to work.

Surrendering control is harder for some of us. We like to think, we are self reliant, but the truth is, even our breathing is a gift from God. We will be more at peace when we surrender ourselves, completely to the will of God. Sometimes the best thing we can do is let go and allow God to do His work.
Betty

https://youtu.be/7x2IpLSfqp8

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2019
Happy Monday,

Danger?

All the birds will leave the feeder if they hear birds at another bird feeder flying off. There is no danger but one bird can cause the other birds to flee. People can be also affected by one person’s fear. God does not want His children to be fearful. Things going around the world can be fearful if we take our eyes off of God. It is a matter of trust. Who do we trust? Government can fail us. We no longer trust the news completely. God is always trust worthy.

Fear is a tool that the devil is an expert in using. It is tempting to fear that the wrong person will become President. God may allow a President to come into power that is bad for this Country, but it is for a reason. When we trust in God, we need not fear the election. We can see things being prepared for the anti-Christ to come into power. Remember our faith is not in him, but in God.

Our future is not on this world, but in Heaven. When we firmly believe that we can live in peace, knowing our anchor is securely fastened to God. Do not tie your hopes to a person, no matter how righteous they seem. The mighty can fall but God never will. I believe we should watch the news, so that we are informed of what is happening around the world, but do not fear the news, but trust God. Do not put your trust in a person coming in to save the day. This will be the stand the anti-Christ will take when the world is disrupted by the rapture. He will come in as a ‘savior’ to bring peace to the world. The world who reject the true God will embrace the devil as ‘god’.
Betty

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."  ~ Psalm 56:3
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7
“Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4:18
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” ~ Psalm 94:19

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 15, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Ticket to Heaven

Sadly, people for the most part think every ‘good’ person is going to Heaven. If your good out weighs the bad, you are set for Heaven. What they do not understand that even the tinniest amount of evil, cannot exist in Heaven. Every person is born into sin. We can only be righteous in the eyes of God, by the precious blood of Jesus.

People who have committed all kinds of sins will be in Heaven. From the petty thief to the one who commits murder, who have sought salvation in Jesus will be in Heaven. Salvation is not based on our good works but our acceptance of salvation through Jesus.

We live in an age when, if you believe sin is still sin, you are considered a fanatic. The reality is, your Christian stand can cost you a promotion on some jobs, but when you compare a promotion to eternity in hell. It is not worth it. If you are a child of God, you have a ticket to Heaven. Keep our eyes on the prize and live for Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 14, 2019
Happy Saturday,

The Holy Bible

There are many verses in the Bible that encourage us and that is good. The Bible is also the Book that builds our faith. We can stand on the Word of God because the Words of the Bible are true. Our beliefs should not waver, as children of God, we know the truth. It is easy to be tempted to make excuses for why we believe sin is sin. No one wants to hurt others feelings, but it is sinful to deny the truth of the Gospel. We insult our God when we make excuses for sin. Standing firmly for the truth does not mean we hate.

Psalm 119:105 King James Version (KJV)105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

God’s Holy Word is meant to guide us, so we do not find ourselves down a sinful path. We study the Word and then we ask the Holy Spirit to keep us on the right path. In today’s world it is easy to find ourselves led astray by the world’s standards which sadly, are often sinful. If we ask God, He will give us the courage to stand for truth in a sinful world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 13,2019
Happy Friday,

Friday 13, 2019

When my hubby was a teenager he worked at a tiny neighborhood grocery store. He was working on a Friday that was the thirteenth when he mentioned to his boss that he always has bad luck on 13th of a month when it fell on a Friday. After hubby broke a case of pickles, accidentally, his bosses sent him home for the day.

As Christians, we need not fear ‘unlucky’ days. We need not wish for luck when we have to do something to do that is hard. We need not depend on being lucky but seek mercy and favor from God. Everything may not turn out the way we planned, but there is a purpose for everything, when we serve God. God often uses what we see as bad for His purpose. Don’t say “wish me luck” but ask for prayer.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No blog today. I am not feeling well.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2019
Wednesday

A Day of Remembrance

Eighteen years ago September 11th our world changed. I believe this was an awakening call that most ignored. A cry from Heaven, for America to come back to God. Instead America is further from God, now then when it happened.

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV)121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

We can still call out to God. He still answers prayers. We can find salvation for our souls and a key to Heaven if will just surrender ourselves to God. When we do that, God will fill us with His Spirit. The more we read the Bible, the more we will grow spiritually.

As we remember the day our world changed, we need not fear. We can trust God with our souls and our very lives. God will walk with us from the moment we are saved and throughout eternity. God is not a fantasy or a crutch for the weak. He is the creator of all things. Placing our trust in God, is the most secure thing of all.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 10, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Seeking God in a Sinful World

Proverbs 8:17. I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me.

We know evil is increasing by leaps and bounds, but God has not abandoned this world. People around the world are still getting saved. As God’s children, we have not been abandoned. God still hears our prayers. Evil increasing has not taken Jesus by surprise. He warned us how the last days would be.

The Age of Grace is coming to an end. The time to call out to God, is now. Keeping our trust in God is imperative if we are to keep the faith. In a world where sadly, so many Christians are content to attend Churches where the Sermons are meant to tickle the ears of the congregation, the sheep are starving.

Hosea 4:6 New King James Version (NKJV)My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.Because you have rejected knowledge,I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

Just as Israel was punished for rejecting knowledge. Surely, those who no better, but choose Preaching that tickles the ear, will also be judged. This is not the time for cotton candy, but we need the meat of the Gospel. How can we repent of our sins, if our Shepherd refuses to preach about sin? Yes, God loves us, but the Bible tells us to fear God also. As a child, I knew my parents loved me, but I also knew that they would punish me, if I disobeyed them.

Acts 9:31 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Church Prospers
31 Then the [a]churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified.[b] And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”

We wait with hope and anticipation for the trumpet to blow. As we wait, let us be about the Father’s business, ever seeking His face, in these troubling days.
Betty

Another tiny squirrel has been at my feeder. As I deal with my health issue, I am at peace and secure knowing that God is with me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 9, 2019
Happy Monday,

Freedoms Slipping Away

Little by little, Christian freedoms are being taking away from people around the world. Sadly in America, way to many Christians are blind to what is happening. Freedom of speech is slipping away from us and we just go about business as if nothing is happening.

When we hear that a popular conservative is banned from social platforms, we yawn. While Christian morals is becoming hate speech we get caught up with news about the latest celebrity.

Part of the problem is way too many Pastors are staying silent on what is happening. Instead of sounding out an alarm to their congregation, they are preaching feel good messages and ignoring what is happening in the world, today. When you only preach sugar toast, Religion, you are safe from censorship. While feel good messages may satisfy the flock, what is going to happen when persecution comes to America?

By the time, many Christians wake up, we will be living in a world where freedom of speech is tossed out for the “benefit” of “peace”. It will be too late to vote for the rights of the people when the majority of the people wake up. Do not be blind to the fact that the Democratic Party wants to control every aspect of our lives.

Christians need to wake up to the truth and vote for people who are still for what this Nation’s was started on and that was freedom of Religion. If our faith is secure in Christ we need not fear but we do have a responsibility to vote for those who stand for Christian morals. Contrary to Democrats abortion is not a Christian moral. Preachers who are praying God’s blessings on an abortion clinic are in danger of the fires of hell.
Betty

https://youtu.be/4zQWGkfs9Kc

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Outward Appearance

Matthew 23:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mankind caring more about their out side appearance than their souls is nothing new. Jesus chastised the Pharisees who cared more about how people saw them spiritually then what God thought. Appearing righteous while sinful on the inside. Michael Jackson was so obsessed with changing his appearance that rag magazines wrote articles about how his nose was going to fall off.

It is not just celebrities who are obsessed with their looks. I saw a picture of a mother and daughter who spent 96 thousand dollars trying to have a perfect face. Their picture was on the Internet, not because they were beautiful but the surgery made them look grotesque. Sadly the daughter took a job as a stripper to pay for their surgeries. We can become so obsessed with our looks, but like the Pharisees, we ignore the condition of our soul.

From the outside looking in, it appeared that Michael was obsessed by his outside appearance because he was ashamed of his sins. We do not have to be a celebrity to become obsessed with our looks when our soul is dark with sinful desires. We cannot change our sinful ways, but God can and wants to do that for us. We must surrender ourselves to God and seek His healing for sins we cannot control.

Sadly the desires that ruined the life of Michael Jackson is slowly becoming normal. There was a time when society condemned abortion. Women did not talk about it but, now celebrities boast about their abortions. As if it were a rite of passage.

I think it is perfectly normal for us to want to look like our best. It only becomes a problem when we ignore our sins and focus all our attention on looking perfect.
Let us seek God’s help in living a righteous life first and then worry about our outward appearance.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Hope

Our hope does not come from the Government. If we are followers of Jesus our Hope is in God. God is not capable of failure, so our trust is secure in Him. God knows the future so He is prepared for everything. We find the future of this world troubling, but remember our future is in Heaven.

God is with us in this world. We can take our fears to Him and He will hear our cries. Whether our need is finances, physical, or spiritual, we can trust God to provide for us. Do not listen to the devil, who will tell you that your situation is hopeless. He is a liar. Fear not, but trust in God.

Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Let us keep our eyes on Christ and not on worldly desires. God knows our needs and He will provide them. We need not fear the future.

Romans 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

We can be secure when our Hope is in Christ. Take your fears to Jesus and leave them with Him. Ask God for peace and He will give you peace. Our hope is not in man but in the God of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

Runaway Train

Democrats want to provide free abortions for third world Countries. How long will it be, before abortions are forced on women around the globe? They want the population number lowered to a number, that they can control. There is a video of Hillary Clinton joking about sending people who do not agree with her to ‘fun’ camps. These camps are fema camps and they will be anything but fun. These fema camps are to be used during the tribulation to prison those who will not worship the anti-Christ. The Democrats are being used by Satan, to promote the cause of Satan.

The world is rushing into the tribulation like a runaway train. It is only a manner of time before the rapture. This is the time to make sure our relationship with God is where it should be. Are we living to please God or ourselves? No longer should anyone wait till they get older to get right with God. The time is now!

Living for God is a privilege. When we seek Him, we will find Him. Not only can we trust God to provide for us, here on earth but we can trust Him to provide for us throughout eternity. For the present, we suffer through many things, but we are not alone. God is with us through the dark days and nights. If we ask, God will give us peace and calm our minds during these days when Satan is fighting hard against God’s children. Do not give up, but keep your eyes and your trust in the Lord.
Betty

Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

When God is Silent

I am locked out of my watch. I worked on it all day, yesterday and could not find a solution. Have you ever felt locked out of God’s presence? You pray and pray but your prayers seem to hit a ceiling. David often felt that way.

Job: “I cry to you for help and you do not answer me; I stand, and you only look at me.” (Job 30:20)
King David: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.” (Psalm 22:1–2)

David was a man that God said was after His Own heart and yet, David went through times that he felt that God had abandoned him. It is these times that our thirst for the presence of God grows. The stronger our desire, the more we seek Him. When we diligently seek Him, we will find Him. Sometimes we just need some alone time with God.

Jeremiah 29:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

We cannot have a half way relationship, with God. I am sometimes guilty of being so busy that I say a quick prayer at night. It seems throughout the day, God is far from my thoughts. When this becomes a habit, our prayers do seem to fall on deaf ears. Other times, God allows a time of silence to strengthen our faith. It seems odd that our faith can grow when we are in the desert. It is in the desert when we become desperate for God that we seek Him with all our heart.

In the desert our faith grows and as it grows so, does our spiritual health. When we find that we can find God in the desert, then we know for sure that He is always with us. Do we make the effort of reading the Bible? I know I do not read the Bible as much as I should. Knowing that, do I make a effort to change or make excuses for my failures? That is the rub. Knowing our failures and changing are two different things.

As we go about our day let us pray little prayers throughout the day. Praising God for His goodness and praying for ourselves and others. Prayer does not have to be long. It is the content that counts. It is opening your heart to God and sharing your deepest thoughts, knowing your private thoughts are safe in His hands. David was honest with God. He did not try to make himself out to be better then he was. His honest heart pleased God. Let us do the same.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Praising God

I woke up at 5 with a sick tummy but, a song of praise on my lips. How wonderful it is to wake up with a song of praise and go to sleep with a song of praise to our Savior and Lord! Do not wait for your life to be perfect, to have a heart of gratitude for the wonderful things God has done for you. Praise God on a sunny day and when you are walking through the storms of this life. Storms come and go but the Lord’s love for His children is consistent.

Do not be a Christian that wavers with the wind. Do not allow your faith in God to go hot to cold, because of circumstances in your life. Troubles come and go, but our faith in God should be strong and steady. Would you want a mate whose love for you went from hot to cold from day to day? God does not want that either.

Wavering faith can destroy our testimony. Of course we have times of doubt and this is why we pray and go the Word of God. Remember faith comes from hearing the Word of God. Faith is believing in what we cannot see. We will one day see Jesus and be able to touch Him, until then we rely on faith to know Him.

Seek God in the morning, throughout the day, and when you lay your head on your pillow for sleep. Those who seek the Lord, in faith, will find Him;

Matthew 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Proverbs 8:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Betty

Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
34 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 3, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

In My Distress

Psalms 18:6 “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.”

I woke up with my right hip and right leg hurting. My first thought after trying to find a position that did not hurt was to thank God for another day. My hip still hurts but I am rejoicing in God giving me another day. I have no illusion of being a super Christian. I am just grateful that God has blessed hubby and I with another day.

I am still hurting in my leg and now that weird feeling is coming to the right side of my face and head and yet, I can still write of the wonderful blessings God has bestowed on my family. I am indeed blessed to be able to think. God blesses me by allowing me to share my thoughts with others. God blesses me by using me to be a blessing to others. To be useful to God is a wonderful blessing. In my distress, God uses me for His Glory and His Kingdom. What a wonderful blessing to be used by God!

So many tragedies going on around us. Hurricane Doran is taking lives and destroying properties. In Houston there are still people suffering from the damage of Harvey. People living in homes that are barely livable. A boat fire in California of divers that killed so many. A new storm growing in the gulf. We live in a world that is distressed. The world is besieged by tragedy.

LGBT groups are no longer satisfied with spreading their agenda. They want to destroy anyone who disagrees with them. Groups in Universities want Chic-fi-la removed from the campus for donating to pro-family groups. An Actress wants the name and addresses of those who donate to the campaign of President Trump, made public. They want to outlaw preaching on any Scriptures that they disagree with. It is no longer about gay marriage. It is about forcing gay and transgender agenda down the throats of Americans.

Evil is so wide spread that we are no longer shocked to hear of a person or several people walking into a building and killing people they do not even know.
Distress- this world is in distress as evil grows in leaps and bounds. Our President has been attacked since he won the election. An actress came out blaming him for the hurricane. As if it was the first hurricane to make landfall.

Preachers who talk about how the world is getting better and better are a joke even to sinners who can see that we are living in a world where evil is growing.
Distress- fellow Christians,this is the time to trust God and lean on Him for our strength. Evil is growing, but I promise you that God has not lost His abilities. He can and will give His children peace of mind and heart, no matter what is going on around us.
Betty

Hebrews 13:5 New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 2, 2019
Happy Monday,

He Will Meet Our Needs

Philippians 4:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Today, hubby and I paid our bills online. This is a nervous time for us, because we sometimes forget to pay a bill and pay another bill twice. We found it is easier for us to pay bills together. We find life is easier if we walk with God and seek His help instead of trying to do things on our own. There will be no crown in Heaven for doing everything on our own. Self efficiency, often leads to the sin of pride.

Walking with God, builds up our Spiritual strength. Leaning on God, builds up our trust in God and our faith in God. God does provide our needs, physically and spiritually. Do not judge your finances against other Christians. If we have a roof over our head and food to eat, we are blessed.

Today is Labor Day, we are thankful for hubby having a job that provided for us to retire. If you are still working, be thankful for your job and try to find ways to be a blessing to others at work. Seeking to work for God’s Kingdom will provide joy now and in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 1, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

I missed Church because I set the alarm for P.M. and over slept. I am so frustrated. All of us have times that our plans are changed by circumstances. Instead of giving into anger, we are better off relaxing our minds and going with the flow.

Psalm 73:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory

If we ask God , He will guide us through His love. He convicts us of our sins so we can repent. He comforts us in times of stress. One day, He will welcome us into Heaven. He will never leave us. Troubles, everyone has them: Christians and sinners. As God’s children, if we go to God when troubles come, He will sustain us through our troubles and guide us through them.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

A thankful heart is asked and expected of us, God’s children. It is not always easy to give thanks, especially during the hard times. We thank God during the storm, knowing He will see us through the storm. We want to be in God’s Will. We cannot see the end of the road, but we can trust God to walk the road with us.

The closer we get to the rapture, the more important it is to live in peace with fellow Christians. Do not be used by the devil, to sow division among the brethren. Praying for one another. Encouraging one another. Lifting up the discouraged. This is the behavior that God is seeking from His children and let us not fail, Him. Ask God to help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 31, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This disease I have that little by little is destroying my brain, seems to be effecting my knowledge of days. I have to look at my I-phone and watch to know what day of the week it is and the date. It is frustrating, at times. My husband is my support system. He has brain issues from a couple of mild strokes, so we often have to finish each other sentences. We try to keep a sense of human about our situations.

Our hope is in Christ and on Him, do we stand. Our present and our future is in God. We know that God has a plan for us and we are secure in Him. Of course their are days that we are frustrated and fearful. Days that make us wonder if God has forsaken us and then God reminds us that He indeed is in charge of our lives and we can trust Him.

Despite our situations, we are not giving up on life. We want to live for God and be here for our children. God does give us hope, though the light is often dim, we feel assured that there is a reason God has chosen this path for us to walk on. There are times that we are cranky and fussy towards one another, but then we remember our love for one another and we are here for each other, just as God is with us and for us. Our hope is in our Lord and Savior. There is a light pointing us to God and that His Holy and living Word.

I read about a Preacher who said that the Bible is evolving to reflect society. This is the reason the majority of society is going to hell. They want God and His Word not to evolve, but to sink to society’s level of values and lack of morales.

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Society wants God to accept their values and morals, but a God that can moved to cave in to what society wants is God that cannot be trusted. God’s Words are final. What was sin when Jesus taught the Disciples is still sin today. Evolution and abortion has devalued life in the eyes of mankind. Little by little society is finding ways to get rid of nonproductive human beings. Abortion for unwanted babies and euthanasia for disabled and the elderly is becoming acceptable in many Countries and if we get a Democratic President will come here to America. There is no way they can offer universal health care, other then limiting medication for Americans and killing off those they feel are a drain on Medicare.

There is no need to fear. Our trust should be in God and not in man. If we are a child of God, then as the Apostle Paul said: to live God is with us, to die we are with God.
Betty

Romans 8:37-39 English Standard Version (ESV)
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement