Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Be Very Careful (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Be Very Careful
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Gramajo [Smile] All is forgiven on my part as well [Smile] I will continue to pray for you all and I thank you for your prayers for me [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been given Biblical, Scriptural PROOF that Illness is Not Always caused by an individuals Sin and that lack of healing is not Always because of lack of faith. There may be instances of these things in the Bible, but that does not make it true across the board because we have shown otherwise. Therefore it is FALSE Teaching to teach that all sickness is due to one's sin (or generational curses) or that if one is not healed it is due to lack of faith. After having been SHOWN this and to then continue to insist that handicapped or ill individuals are at fault for their condition(s) is to claim that one has God's ability to see inside someone elses heart. We can not know or judge anothers heart, ONLY God can do that.

I'll stick with God's Written Holy Word and Not Twist It. It is the Ruler HE gave us to measure Truth.

And I am (unfortunately) not surprised that WhiteEagle will not repent [Frown]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
white eagle

no one asked you to stop believing in God, just have some human compassion for others. But then I doubt you are capable of that. You think you are so superior bcause you are in good health but trust me that can change over night.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Soft Touch,

Once again I thank you just ever so much for your postings, for all of your support, and for all of your prayers and I want you to know how deeply I appreciate you for all that you've done and are continuing to do for Pastor Jim, for Betty, and for me! You truly are doing God's work and that is such a blessing to the Lord and to each of us and you surely will get your rewards in heaven!
Insofar as any differences in the past, Soft Touch, Please know they are completely forgotten so please let's just leave them over with and forgotten! You are doing the Lord's work to help further his kingdom just as we are doing the same for the Lord also! Please continue praying for us, Soft Touch, and we pray for you also! With all my heart God Bless you so very much!

With love from your friend,
Joanne (Gramajo320)

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys can believe preacher so and so or internet web sites.

I will believe in the Bible and what it teaches.

Repentance is a gift, remember that.

I won't take one word back I won't deny my Savior, Christ Jesus and the Power of His Blood.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

GramaJo, we may have had our differences, but it's an honor to pray for you, and it is what Jesus would have me do. I Hate what's being done to you and Betty and others who are physically challenged (for whatever reasons God has for those physical afflictions). It is NOT Right for Anyone to judge your faith or say you have a lack of it because you have a physical illness. It's not Biblical and claims like that can (and Do) do So Much Damage to the spirit of the one's suffering physical illnesses [Frown]

God Bless you and give you HIS Peace on this Issue - In Jesus Name, Amen

[hug]

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soft Touch and Texas Grandma,

Thank you both very much for your postings and Soft Touch thank you very much for your support and prayers for it's deeply appreciated very much! What White Eagle did in her destroying is just completely wrong and she needs to know that and to stop doing it! God bless you both, Soft Touch and Texas Grandma, so very much!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
White Eagle you are doing satan's work and you seem to glory in doing it. You need to repent and keep on repenting for all of the pain, hurt, destruction you've caused and are still causing!

While I didn't read the OCD thread myself, I definitely heard about all the damage that was done [Frown] And AMEN to the above!

May God's Holy Spirit move in her heart to reveal these things to her. In Jesus Name - Amen

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening GramaJo,

You are so right. White Eagle is indeed a tool of the devil. She seeks to destroy those who are aready aflicted by illness and disease. It is very sad when a Christian takes pleasure in kicking those down and out. But, we need to feel pity for her not anger. God, Himself will judge her.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

White Eagle,

Pastor Jim is most assuredly one of God's most annointed ministers and he has pastored for over 35 years. You know full well that you are the whole complete cause of his leaving this board and that it was due to your very nasty ugly attacks against him, Betty, and myself in our ocd thread. You yourself set out to destroy with all of your ugliness you could think of and you are still at it. White Eagle you are doing satan's work and you seem to glory in doing it. You need to repent and keep on repenting for all of the pain, hurt, destruction you've caused and are still causing! God will deal with you in a very powerful way when He judges you for what you've done and still continue to do! Repent!

--------------------
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
The teaching which you adhere to, WhiteEagle, and which proliferates throughout the WOF heresy is anathema, denigrates the faith of those whose faith is tested in the fires of adversity, and is contrary to the Word of God.

You need to repent!!!!!!

You need to turn your heart to the truth of God's Word, and come out of this heretical abomination.

The teaching you espouse is deception, and a destroyer.

Let me add an AMEN! to this as well! Boy are there a lot of Good Posts here tonight!

My family and Youth Ministry in our church were Tested by Fire this weekend and To God Be The Glory!!! HIS Grace Was Sufficient! (Because we never would have Overcome without it!) PRAISE GOD!!! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:
2Cr 4:15 For all things [are] for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

2Cr 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

2Cr 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;

2Cr 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Our light affliction

1. (16) Another reason to not lose heart: God is doing an eternal work that will last forever

a. Outward man has the same idea as earthen vessels and mortal flesh

2. (17-18) A coming glory that outweighs any of today's difficulties

a. When Paul says our light affliction, we might wonder if he had ever known some real trials - of course, he had!

i. Paul doesn't speak as a novice, but as a graduate of the school of affliction

b. We should thank God in affliction because . . .

i. Our affliction is light compared to what others are suffering
ii. Our affliction is light compared to what we deserve

iii. Our affliction is light compared to what Jesus suffered for us

iv. Our affliction is light compared to the blessings we enjoy

v. Our affliction is light as we experience the sustaining power of God's grace

vi. Our affliction is light when we see the glory that it is leading to

c. In the world's eyes, Paul's life was an incredible failure - at the height of a career that would reach much higher, he left it all for a life of hardship, suffering and persecution, with eventual martyrdom - but Paul recognizes that the world only sees the outward, not the unseen eternal things
d. "Affliction is not something to be endured in order to reach glory. It is the very process which creates the glory. Through travail comes birth." (Morgan)

i. Paul isn't saying that all suffering is productive of glory, "as though it were and infallible means to this end."

Amen Watcher! Great Post!

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Amen Sister Betty!!!!!!!

You and Linda are such inspirations and true examples of real faith unshaken through adversity. Praise God for your testimony and witness.

WhiteEagle, HisGrace, and all those who spout that WOF pablum have been blinded by false teaching, and they are so poisoned by this heresy that they may not realize the denigration and damage they do with their cavalier commentary to those who face trials and adversity every hour of every day.

WhiteEagle, HisGrace, and all proponents of the WOF heresy need to repent, turn to the true Word of God, and God of the Word. They have been far too blinded by the false prophets of wealth and prosperity, the apostles of glitz and glamor.

God bless you Betty and Linda, and all whose steadfast faith is unshaken through adversity, and may God drop the scales from blinded eyes and open the shackled hearts of those who denigrate the faith of those who walk with trials.

AMEN and AMEN!

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 12 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:
Wildb:

[zzzzzz]

2Pet.2
[1] But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
[2] And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
[3] And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

There is now NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

Malachi 4:2-3 KJV
"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves of the stall.
And ye shall tread down the wicked, and they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this saith the Lord of Hosts."

Let all men be liars and God true.

But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall [Mal. 4:2].

The Sun of Righteousness in the Old Testament is the same person who is the Bright and Morning Star in the New Testament. However, Christ is never called the Sun of Righteousness in the New Testament, and He's never called the Bright and Morning Star in the Old Testament.

(Do you know the reason?)

And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts [Mal. 4:3].

When He comes to this earth to establish His kingdom, the wicked will be put down. He will break them into pieces like a potter's vessel. That is the language of Scripture and it is just too bad if you don't like it.

-- Thru the Bible With J. Vernon McGee, Vol. 3

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Drew,

God bless you for your words of encouragment. I said to myself I would not let White Eagle make me cry again, but she did. Your words though and wild B and others made me smile.
I do indeed feel sorry for white eagle, but that does not stop her from wounding me.
May God have mercy on us all.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

White Eagle,

I have no idea what denomination Pastor Jim is. My point was that the Pastor in Houston kept his faith even though God said no to healing his son and not only that but the Pastor helped the Church keep their faith in God. As far was what denomination Pastor Jim is, I have no clue, but I can tell you that he was a wonderful blessing to me and I thank God for bringing him to this board. As far as why he left, I think of this verse:

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Pastor Jim had the courage to speak up about an illness that affects thousands of Americans, yet most Preachers do not talk about it. Many in Churches today suffer from this but they are too ashamed to come forward for help. Because of Pastor Jim, I was able to get an answer to many prayers I have prayed to God about for over 20 years.

I feel pity for you White Eagle. For now you sit well in your ivory tower, but things change. Accidents happen and people do get diseases. I feel you are ill equipped when this things, touch you or your family. You look at handicapped people as people who lack faith. I on the other hand know what it like to sit in Sunday School with tears in my eyes from the pain in my hands being so bad that I could barely turn the pages in my Bible this morning. What gives God more glory, me going to Church when I could have easily stayed in bed, or you looking down on anyone who is not in perfect health?
If I had your outlook I would have stayed home and not gone back to Church until I was healed. But, our Pastor told us it is not our jobs as Christians to manipulate God into doing what we want, but our job is to accept God’s will for our lives.
betty

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Wildb:

[zzzzzz]

2Pet.2
[1] But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
[2] And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
[3] And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

There is now NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

Malachi 4:2-3 KJV
"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves of the stall.
And ye shall tread down the wicked, and they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this saith the Lord of Hosts."

Let all men be liars and God true.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
White Eagle it is obvious to me that you have not understanding in your spirit to know that what belongs to the church was not given until pentecost and not one of the stories of the mircles that were performed in National Israel can compare to what belongs to the church and to seek what they got at the expense of denying what you should have if you be born again is a tragedy of the greatest kind.

And that said... it is now, I who do also shake the dust from my feet.

May God open the eyes of the blind!

Dear Linda,

Amen! May the blind see and the lame walk.

May God arise and His enemies be scattered.

2Thes.2

[5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
White Eagle it is obvious to me that you have not understanding in your spirit to know that what belongs to the church was not given until pentecost and not one of the stories of the mircles that were performed in National Israel can compare to what belongs to the church and to seek what they got at the expense of denying what you should have if you be born again is a tragedy of the greatest kind.

Dear Linda,

Amen! May the blind see and the lame walk.

May God arise and His enemies be scattered.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wildb:

[zzzzzz]

2Pet.2

--------------------
That is all.....

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
You feel I'm too far out there on healing.

I feel you are denying that healing is promised by God.

This wasn't written to me, but I feel that it coul dhave been.

Not too far out there - Totally missed the target. I feel you are denying the soverignity of God and the omnipotence of God and that you are teaching that a saint should expect to resurrect that which was crucified with Christ.

You claim that you know that it is because of the old nature that sickness is, but the old nature is supposed to be on the cross with Christ freeing you that your re-born man will be free when the body is destroyed. You want to make whole what God wants to destroy! What does that say about the spirit behind this teaching?

The only thing biting the dust in this thread is your case which does not stand the test of the scriptures whole. And the sword you think that your wielding is not a sword at all it is the folly of men and one day even you will see how foolish it is.

Healing of the Body of sin and death is not our God given right by re-birth. Nailing the live that was once lived in the Body of sin and death to Christ's cross that the body of sin and death might be destroyed is the grace given to you that through the re-birth THE LIFE OF CHRIST might be manifest in your mortal body as you walk on the earth and I assure you that HIS life is in NO need of healing!

I'll stand on the Promises of Christ my King!

How do you think all of that is manifest.

I want to raise the dead, because the Bible says that the DEAD IN CHRIST WILL RISE FIRST.

[youpi]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This wasn't written to me, but I feel that it coul dhave been.

Not too far out there - Totally missed the target. I feel you are denying the soverignity of God and the omnipotence of God and that you are teaching that a saint should expect to resurrect that which was crucified with Christ.

You claim that you know that it is because of the old nature that sickness is, but the old nature is supposed to be on the cross with Christ freeing you that your re-born man will be free when the body is destroyed. You want to make whole what God wants to destroy! What does that say about the spirit behind this teaching?

The only thing biting the dust in this thread is your case which does not stand the test of the scriptures whole. And the sword you think that your wielding is not a sword at all it is the folly of men and one day even you will see how foolish it is.

Healing of the Body of sin and death is not our God given right by re-birth. Nailing the live that was once lived in the Body of sin and death to Christ's cross that the body of sin and death might be destroyed is the grace given to you that through the re-birth THE LIFE OF CHRIST might be manifest in your mortal body as you walk on the earth and I assure you that HIS life is in NO need of healing!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Wildb:

[zzzzzz]

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
This is God's will for our mortal bodies!!!!!!!

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Is Your mortal body IN the world?

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Is your mortal body of the world?

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

What you teach is the Pride of life!

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, [U]is not of the Father, but is of the world.[/U]

This is the will of God regarding the mortal body....

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed,

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

6 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I just have one question;

Luke 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

Why do you insist on raising the dead

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Linda,

Many have the Pride of Life when they are sick.
They are proud that they are afflicted. They tell themselves that God is teaching them something and that they are special. It works both ways.

I almost have to chuckle about your question.

"Why do I want to raise the dead?"?????

Are you speaking to Christ? Why did Christ raise Lazarus and others?

He knew those concepts of our dead bodies. He taught the Apostle Paul.

Why are you so down on healing?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
"Whoa! Another one bites the dust! A man is offended that a woman wields the Sword."

Where did I give you a "MANs" oppinion?

2Tim.3

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

I showed you the Sword and all you seen was the reflection of your own sillyness in its blade.

Please read about Deborah.

Repent while the day is yet called day.

The "sword" you showed was your own prejudice toward women.

You quoted the verses about women keeping silent in the church when this in NOT what this discussion is about.

You can't pretend to back track now and bring up Deborah.

If all you can argue with is words like "silliness" and using scripture out of context to this discussion.....it's pretty weak.

So lets tell the baseball fans how its ok for you to do the very same thing you accuse me of with your "total phyisical healing doctrine".

Please stop your sillyness. It is clear to all you only read the bible with "special" glass wear.

Now go and do the right thing.

--------------------
That is all.....

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
"Whoa! Another one bites the dust! A man is offended that a woman wields the Sword."

2Tim.3

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

I showed you the Sword and all you seen was the reflection of your own sillyness in its blade.

The "sword" you showed was your own prejudice toward women.

You quoted the verses about women keeping silent in the church when this in NOT what this discussion is about.

You can't pretend to back track now and bring up Deborah.

If all you can argue with is words like "silliness" and using scripture out of context to this discussion.....it's pretty weak.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
WhiteEagle:

I know of a missionary who recently died of Jacob Crutchfield disease after his mission trips. Prayer was made for him, he was a youngish man with a family. He went without a Church covering on his mission trips, and the Enemy was able to bring him down. He was an awesome Christian, and led many to Christ on his mission trips, yet he needed the Body to support his work in prayer covering.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The statement faults his actions, places the blame on him for his having the disease. Just as you place the blame on lack of faith, or not having put the disease under the blood.

The false teaching assumes that it must be a spiritual lack on the part of the individual if they get sick.

May the Lord reveal to you your blatant denigration of the faith of others and the error of your teaching.

Many die for lack of knowledge of the Word.

Now let's reason together.

My saying one can have more Faith through Christ than they have now, is NOT denigration of their faith.

The man with the demon possessed child asked Jesus to help his unbelief. Jesus did and healed the child.

Many live with their sickness and God does redeem the time. God is merciful to us in our ignorance of His Word. Praise God for that.

God does use trial, temptations, and yes I would say sickness to test our faith. But we are to be overcomers in the Spirit and God can fulfill his promises to us.

It's not heresy to believe what the Bibles says.

It's getting rather heated on this forum.

I would like to point out that, I think it was ThunderZ who posted about balance.

It's the fault of our fallen nature that we get sickness and disease. It's the ploy of the Enemy to keep us down and sick. Yes God can redeem the time, and redeem our faults and make all things work together for good.

But it's NOT God's desire to test us with sickness, it's the Enemy's desire.

Yes it is our fault. We are all of the Adamic nature. That's why we need a Savior.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

2Tim.3

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle:

I know of a missionary who recently died of Jacob Crutchfield disease after his mission trips. Prayer was made for him, he was a youngish man with a family. He went without a Church covering on his mission trips, and the Enemy was able to bring him down. He was an awesome Christian, and led many to Christ on his mission trips, yet he needed the Body to support his work in prayer covering.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The statement faults his actions, places the blame on him for his having the disease. Just as you place the blame on lack of faith, or not having put the disease under the blood.

The false teaching assumes that it must be a spiritual lack on the part of the individual if they get sick.

May the Lord reveal to you your blatant denigration of the faith of others and the error of your teaching.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

This is God's will for our mortal bodies!!!!!!!

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Is Your mortal body IN the world?

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Is your mortal body of the world?

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

What you teach is the Pride of life!

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, [U]is not of the Father, but is of the world.[/U]

This is the will of God regarding the mortal body....

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed,

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

6 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I just have one question;

Luke 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

Why do you insist on raising the dead

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
quote:
Amen Sister Betty!!!!!!!

You and Linda are such inspirations and true examples of real faith unshaken through adversity. Praise God for your testimony and witness.

WhiteEagle, HisGrace, and all those who spout that WOF pablum have been blinded by false teaching, and they are so poisoned by this heresy that they may not realize the denigration and damage they do with their cavalier commentary to those who face trials and adversity every hour of every day.

WhiteEagle, HisGrace, and all proponents of the WOF heresy need to repent, turn to the true Word of God, and God of the Word. They have been far too blinded by the false prophets of wealth and prosperity, the apostles of glitz and glamor.

God bless you Betty and Linda, and all whose steadfast faith is unshaken through adversity, and may God drop the scales from blinded eyes and open the shackled hearts of those who denigrate the faith of those who walk with trials.

If you deny the truth of the scriptures I posted, then it is YOU who deny the Word of God.

People who think their Faith is Just Fine as it is, are the ones who are shackled.

Where does it say that illness is a trial?

There you go again interpreting scripture to suit your ideas, NOT God's ideas.

Read God's word with open eyes. Read the Gospels about the healings and in Acts. Read James about laying on of hands and the prayer of faith to heal the sick.

You philosophy is vain and appeases the flesh, as you take comfort in the hollow phrases that God is giving someone a trial by allowing them to be sick.

God's word states that many have taken Communion unworthily and therefore many were weak and sick.
Yet you deny that hard truth of God's Word.

Yet, it is you who are appealing to the flesh, so that you make God's Word of none effect.

You best not take the Communion any time soon then.

1Tim.2

[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
[10] But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
[13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

[14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
[15] Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

1Cor.14

[35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Whoa! Another one bites the dust! A man is offended that a woman wields the Sword. [cool_shades]

Am I not on the Christian Board?

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Please show us in this thread where Anyone said that God Wants for us to be ill.

You've been shown (several times in fact) that God allows illness for His Purpose - remember the Blind from birth man that Jesus healed? You've been shown Many Scriptures on illness and how God did not always heal yet you refuse to see.

I rest my case and I'm knocking the dust off my feet [wave3]

Well let's see Linda and you say that God allows us to be sick for His purposes.

Where's the scripture for that?

The man blind from birth was HEALED. He wasn't left blind.

It's Satan that wants us to be sick and afflicted.
God does work all things for Good to those who love Him.

God allows trials but a trial isn't sickness.

We have verses in the New Testament that deal with physical sickness.

I don't see that you've made any case at all.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Amen Sister Betty!!!!!!!

If you deny the truth of the scriptures I posted, then it is YOU who deny the Word of God.

People who think their Faith is Just Fine as it is, are the ones who are shackled.

Read God's word with open eyes. Read the Gospels about the healings and in Acts. Read James about laying on of hands and the prayer of faith to heal the sick.

You philosophy is vain and appeases the flesh, as you take comfort in the hollow phrases that God is giving someone a trial by allowing them to be sick.

God's word states that many have taken Communion unworthily and therefore many were weak and sick.

Yet, it is you who are appealing to the flesh, so that you make God's Word of none effect.

You best not take the Communion any time soon then.

1Tim.2

[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
[10] But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
[13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

[14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
[15] Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

1Cor.14

[35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

--------------------
That is all.....

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
The teaching which you adhere to, WhiteEagle, and which proliferates throughout the WOF heresy is anathema, denigrates the faith of those whose faith is tested in the fires of adversity, and is contrary to the Word of God.

You need to repent!!!!!!

You need to turn your heart to the truth of God's Word, and come out of this heretical abomination.

May the Lord rebuke you.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
White Eagle

I am still waiting for your answer as to why the Pastor’s daughter who serves God got MD and the daughter who does not, did not get MD. The truth is no one knows why God allowed one to inherit the disease and one not to. But, for another Christian to look at the girls and start placing blame on the girl who loves the Lord, is
despicable.

Betty , you are looking upon that situation with your earthly eyes. You see that the pastor's daughter was good and worthy in YOUR sight. YOU see the other daughter as unworthy in YOUR sight.
Our works is not what makes us worthy or unworthy. It's the Blood of Jesus Christ. I know many people who SAY that they Love the Lord, yet their heart is all wrong. I know many people who seem to do all the Right Things, yet their heart is not right with the Lord. Since I don't see their hearts as God does, I can't answer why. I know you will come up with some earthly explanation, of hollow comfort.

I have no quarrel with Betty, I do have a quarrel with the Spirit of Infirmity and Spirit of Doubt. The Battle belongs to the Lord, and I'll let His Blood cover it, as it's not by power or by Might, but by My Spirit says the Lord.

Betty, why do you think that the Assemblies Pastor on the OCD Board split so quickly?

He was a wolf in sheep's clothing, and a false teacher. He was soothing your flesh. He was epxosed by the Spirit of God and he had to leave this forum.

quote:
from Betty: In the last two weeks, I have dealt with you and with BA’s comment that God has to give illness to Christians to get them off the couch, and to be honest I am tired of messing with you both. Only my desire to reach out to others who suffer has kept me coming back and repeatedly saying that physical health is not the way to determine the state of a Christian’s soul. Only God knows why He heals some times and some times he doesn’t. Back years before I started going to the Baptist Church, our Pastor at the time, son had epilepsy. One Sunday he had seizure in Church. The Church members volunteered to fast for a week, each taking a portion of the week. The Pastor himself, went on a 40 day fast. God for what ever reason chose not to heal his son. To this day the boy who is also a Preacher cannot drive. If his father had, had you attitude the whole Church would have closed its doors and we would have all given up on Christianity. But, because the Preacher was a great man of God, he helped the Church realize that God’s will was not our own will. This man is still preaching and God does great work through him. I know that God has healed me in the past. When my mom was caring me, the doctor told my mom and dad that I was dead and they needed to do an abortion to remove the dead baby from her body.
My mom told the doctor no, because God told her her baby was okay. He told my mom to go to h--- and stormed out of the room. But I was born a healthy baby. A year later I almost died and had to have a blood transfusion. But here I am still here.
God has a purpose for my life and if like Paul, I must endure a thorn in my side, I will. But, what I won’t do is sit back and be quiet when Christians in their ignorance attack other Christians for having a disability or and illness.

You have an awesome testimony there. I know of a missionary who recently died of Jacob Crutchfield disease after his mission trips. Prayer was made for him, he was a youngish man with a family. He went without a Church covering on his mission trips, and the Enemy was able to bring him down. He was an awesome Christian, and led many to Christ on his mission trips, yet he needed the Body to support his work in prayer covering.

Betty I don't know why the pastor's son didn't get healed after all the prayers. I would guess that something deeper was at work, and none of us know all there is to know, that's why we need the Lord. I just know what the Bible states about healing and faith. I will stick to the Bible.

Sometimes we just have to Rest in the Blood of the Lamb, as our works no matter how noble, or our explanations no matter who logical don't cut it.

I'm NOT attacking YOU, that's the irony here. If you are happy and secure with your faith, then you wouldn't be offended.

Every time you lash out at me, you lash out at what the Bible states about healing.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You need to repent!!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Amen Sister Betty!!!!!!!

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Amen Sister Betty!!!!!!!

~

Bible, King James Version

Malachi.3

[16] Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

~

Wait ~ you mean that don't say, and thought upon his "HEALING and other GIFTS or STUFF".

Hum... I think we need some of them PC bible interpreters to change or add these things -- to fix it up towards this feeling.

Yes, that would be best for the flesh -- 'Happy Happy Joy Joy' for the soul. It's real easy -- let (we) make God in our image.

Let's not only stop at that. Let's call our Father our Mother, our Brother our sister and the power of the Spirit that would correct... evil.

Attributes are not subjectual. They are just manifestations of the total three in one.

--------------------
That is all.....

Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2Cr 4:15 For all things [are] for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

2Cr 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

2Cr 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;

2Cr 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Our light affliction

1. (16) Another reason to not lose heart: God is doing an eternal work that will last forever

a. Outward man has the same idea as earthen vessels and mortal flesh

2. (17-18) A coming glory that outweighs any of today's difficulties

a. When Paul says our light affliction, we might wonder if he had ever known some real trials - of course, he had!

i. Paul doesn't speak as a novice, but as a graduate of the school of affliction

b. We should thank God in affliction because . . .

i. Our affliction is light compared to what others are suffering
ii. Our affliction is light compared to what we deserve

iii. Our affliction is light compared to what Jesus suffered for us

iv. Our affliction is light compared to the blessings we enjoy

v. Our affliction is light as we experience the sustaining power of God's grace

vi. Our affliction is light when we see the glory that it is leading to

c. In the world's eyes, Paul's life was an incredible failure - at the height of a career that would reach much higher, he left it all for a life of hardship, suffering and persecution, with eventual martyrdom - but Paul recognizes that the world only sees the outward, not the unseen eternal things
d. "Affliction is not something to be endured in order to reach glory. It is the very process which creates the glory. Through travail comes birth." (Morgan)

i. Paul isn't saying that all suffering is productive of glory, "as though it were and infallible means to this end."

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree! [clap2]

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said Caretaker, very well said!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Amen Sister Betty!!!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

White Eagle

“May God forgive you. I have never judged you except to comment that your posts are full of "guilt trips". I don't judge your soul.”

This is so untrue. I have told you over and over I could care less about you having a guilt trip. You and others have come here and judge those who are handicapped or ill and then you are surprised when we who fit this bill speak up. I don’t speak up just for me; there are others here who know what it is like to have gone 5 years or more with out one day free of pain. Who, when waking have to lie there in bed trying to get their stiff bodies parts to move so they are able to get up out of bed, after a night of waking up through out the night in pain. Pity is not what we want. My neighbor in Houston told me that she felt so sorry for me and I asked her what on earth for. She said when she saw me stumbling around the yard with my cane. I honestly was shocked. I can’t say I never have a pity party. When I fell and hurt myself the first part of last week, I was embarrassed even though I was the only person in the room and I admit the next couple of days I felt sorry for myself when the pain was really bad. I am human. But, I don’t want or expect for people to feel sorry for me because I walk with a cane.

The truth is, White Eagle, I feel sorry for you. You are not capable of compassion. Also, you cannot rationalize why some people are required to suffer and others not, so you have decided that the person suffering must some how be at fault.

I am still waiting for your answer as to why the Pastor’s daughter who serves God got MD and the daughter who does not, did not get MD. The truth is no one knows why God allowed one to inherit the disease and one not to. But, for another Christian to look at the girls and start placing blame on the girl who loves the Lord, is
despicable.

In the last two weeks, I have dealt with you and with BA’s comment that God has to give illness to Christians to get them off the couch, and to be honest I am tired of messing with you both. Only my desire to reach out to others who suffer has kept me coming back and repeatedly saying that physical health is not the way to determine the state of a Christian’s soul. Only God knows why He heals some times and some times he doesn’t. Back years before I started going to the Baptist Church, our Pastor at the time, son had epilepsy. One Sunday he had seizure in Church. The Church members volunteered to fast for a week, each taking a portion of the week. The Pastor himself, went on a 40 day fast. God for what ever reason chose not to heal his son. To this day the boy who is also a Preacher cannot drive. If his father had, had you attitude the whole Church would have closed its doors and we would have all given up on Christianity. But, because the Preacher was a great man of God, he helped the Church realize that God’s will was not our own will. This man is still preaching and God does great work through him. I know that God has healed me in the past. When my mom was caring me, the doctor told my mom and dad that I was dead and they needed to do an abortion to remove the dead baby from her body.
My mom told the doctor no, because God told her her baby was okay. He told my mom to go to h--- and stormed out of the room. But I was born a healthy baby. A year later I almost died and had to have a blood transfusion. But here I am still here.
God has a purpose for my life and if like Paul, I must endure a thorn in my side, I will. But, what I won’t do is sit back and be quiet when Christians in their ignorance attack other Christians for having a disability or and illness.

“May God forgive you.” No, White Eagle, may God forgive you for not only judging Christians over things they have no control over but for having no compassion on those who suffer. Instead of spending your time and effort cutting down those who suffer, I suggest you pray that God will help you feel compassion on those who suffer.
Linda here is a perfect example of one who suffers on a daily bases, yet she not only endures her discomfort but she is a shinning example of a modern day Paul. She ignores her own pain and reaches out to others. She is a great teacher and she spends so much time reaching out to teach people of God’s love. I know I, myself, pale in the shining light of her ministry and love for God.

betty

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
I'm still waiting patiently for someone to supply the scripture or scriptures that say that God wants for us to be ill. And that God allows us to be ill for His purposes.

Waiting......

Please show us in this thread where Anyone said that God Wants for us to be ill.

You've been shown (several times in fact) that God allows illness for His Purpose - remember the Blind from birth man that Jesus healed? You've been shown Many Scriptures on illness and how God did not always heal yet you refuse to see.

I rest my case and I'm knocking the dust off my feet [wave3]

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:

White Eagle, how about you showing me in the Bible where a Christian is told to judge another Christian by their physical health. You know the devil seeks to use you to destroy me, but God in His mercy gives me the strength to ignore you and your arrogance.
Yes, you have caused me pain and yes, I have shed tears over your mean and hateful comments to me and about me. But today, I feel neither anger or hurt because of you. I feel only pity. Why? One day you may become ill and when you do, your faith will suffer because you place all of your faith not in God but having perfect health. For this I feel pity for you.
betty

1Corinthains 11:27-31

"Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eatheth and drinketh damnation (judgement) to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. FOR THIS CAUSE MANY ARE WEAK AND SICKLY AMONG YOU, AND MANY SLEEP. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."

You asked for this Bible verse.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

James 5:14-15

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, annointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick; and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."

Again we see the parallal of sins and sickness together for healing.

I rest my case. [Cool]

Let God be true and all men liars!

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
2 Tim. 4:
19: Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
20: Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.
21: Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
22: The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

Phil. 2:
25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants. 26 For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick. 27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. 28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful. 29 Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation: 30 Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

Linda and Drew

Both of you are assuming things with these verses and these verses do NOT say God wishes us to be ill or that God healed this man without Faith.

Epaphroditus, is a servant of Christ, He has faith. Paul says he was nigh unto death for the work of Christ. He had faith. I think it is very safe to assume that. God healed him.

Nice try [updown]

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Betty

May God forgive you. I have never judged you except to comment that your posts are full of "guilt trips". I don't judge your soul.

You are adding things to my posts I do not say.

I am proclaiming Christ to you. I am proclaiming my experience and hope in Christ.

Jesus said that "OFFENCES WOULD COME"

The Blood of Christ is sufficient to overcome all things. He died for us to have eternal life and have everlasting communion with the Father and a new body.

He also died that we might be overcomers. He has healed us of all our diseases. Psalms 103:2-5

"Bless the Lord O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy DISEASES: Who redeems thy life from destruction: who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies: Who satisfies thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's."

Jeremiah 15:18

"Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refused to be healed? Wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?"

Betty you are NOT your illness, that is Not your identity. May The Lord bless and keep you in His mercy and power and Love.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

I don't know Sis. Did Paul lack faith not to have healed but rather, Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick?

I don't think so!!!

These proponents of "if you have faith you can be healed", or just "put your sickness under the blood", have bought into the WOF pablum, lock stock and barrel.

One wonders if they have a faith which endures hardship and adversity, or if they expect a rose laden walk with Christ without the thorns?

When they themselves are striken, will their compadres declare unto them,"just put it under the blood", or "if you were strong in the faith you could latch-onto your healing"?

2 Cor. 12:
8: For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10: Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Will they like Joni Erickson Tada, minister to the hearts and lives of those around, from her wheel chair?

Fanny Crosby wrote some beautiful lyrics after hearing a tune on the old piano:

Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Refrain

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Refrain

Though physically blind, her vision and true faith in Christ was awe-inspiring, and speak volumes to the hearts and lives of those who walk through adversity.

In Christ the proponents of the WOF pablum are far more blind then Fanny Crosby's physical handicap.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement