Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Be Very Careful (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Be Very Careful
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
White Eagle,

Someone is telling to you to post this nonsense but it is not God. You are being led by the devil.

I have been trying to figure you out for weeks. Linda brought up that anger is a reaction to pain, which is very true. There is a reason that anger is listed in the stages of grief because after the shock comes the pain which is replaced soon with anger. Simply because the pain hits your like a kick in the stomach and anger is the way the mind copes with this. As, I got dressed for Church this morning, I was praying about you. God brought to my mind that another emotion that turns in to anger is fear. White Eagle, you are in a position where you take care of ill and disabled people. You see people at their worse and let’s face it ill and handicapped people often feel inadequate when they are in the hospital and have to depend on others for their very basic care. I too worked in the hospital for 3 years. Most people disabled or ill were very nice but there were a few who because of their fear and discomfort could be angry and demanding. I think you see these helpless people and you get afraid that you may one day have to depend on others for your own personal care. This fear is manifesting itself in anger. But to lump every handicapped person and every ill person into the category of demanding and angry people is just wrong on your part. Like I said before we had a dozen handicapped people in our Church in Houston and over a dozen now in Washington at Church. These people are the kindness, sweetest, and gentle people you could ever meet. They have a strong love for God. Their lack of healing on their part is not a lack of faith on their part. They love God and they are faithful to His calling. Instead of you and your husband sitting back and judging people who are not healed in this lifetime, you should be asking why you are both so bitter against ill and handicapped people. You should stop listening to the devil and start praying for God to give you patience for those who have it harder than you. If you are not careful you are going to be so eaten up with bitterness that you could become in danger of losing your soul.

betty

The Pharisees accused Jesus of being from the devil also. They accused Him of healing by the power of Satan.

I've been a nurse for 23 years. I don't just see handicapped people socially.

Yes, many are stoic and brave and they break my heart to see their suffering and in spite of what you think I don't "judge" them. We all only live in the truth we know of God and we all do not have all the truth at the same time or the same intensity of understanding of that Truth to live in it.

It's easy to take care of a "nice" sick person. And many people are very kind to me in spite of their illnesses. It's not as easy to take care of sick people that are dealing with their own anger, grief, lack of physical control or other emotions and they will take it out on caregivers.
So I need to understand where they might be coming from so I can cope with them.

Likewise, I know nothing about you except what you write in your posts Betty.

God is dealing with you or you would not be so upset about this healing business. I have never written an evil word to you, and have just given you what the word of God says about healing.

I have spoken about illness and handicaps in general terms, not to you personally and even LARS did not write to you expressly yet you assumed he was bashing YOU.

When I started this whole topic many days/weeks ago, I never even had you in mind. It wasn't even about you as far as I was concerned when I started writing about God's promises of healing.

I was just stating what I believed about Isaiah 53:5.

I was also trying to proclaim what God has done for me. As that is what I do know personally.

I live in Christ as he died and gave Himself for me, and the Life I now live is by faith. parphased Gal 2:20

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
God showed these verses last night in John 13:10

"Therefore the chief priests decided to also kill Lazarus, because he was the reason many of the Jews were deserting them and believing on Jesus."

John 13:40

"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so that they would not see with their eyes or understand with their hearts, and be convertedand I would heal them."

Somethings not right here cause that's not what the KJV says:

quote:
John 13:10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
And John 13:40 doesn't exist.

I believe you mean chapter 12...

quote:
John 12:37But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

This speaks of Spiritual Blindness that needs to be healed. It is not saying that all who believe on HIM will be healed of physical conditions. You've been shown so many scriptures that contradict that idea completely, yet you IGNORE them and cling to this unscriptural teaching that ALL should be healed.

quote:
Isaiah 6:9And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Healed of what? Their Spiritual Blindness and Lack of Understanding.

Sorry about the wrong chapter. It is John 12:40

The Bible is a Holman Christian Standard Bible.

The message is still the same.

Their blindness kept them from getting converted.
And healed. It's a twofold thing.

There's a lot more healing that could occur if God's people decided to read the Word and let it be part of their life.

I too think much of WOF is hype and balderdash, but so is legalism of which you people seem to stand on.

So there it is, somewhere in between.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

We are to "eat" or absorb the Word and the Word of God is to written on our hearts. That means changed lives. Since it is the Spirit of God, one doesn't have to only read the KJV.

Remember God gave the inspired word to Moses and the Prophets and they wrote in Hebrew, not King James English. The New Testament is Aramaic and Greek, not original King James English.

You people wish to "kill" me with harsh words because you don't like it that I say the Bible teaches that conversion and healing go hand in hand. The pharisees wished to kill lazarus because he is proof of Jesus' power and truth of Jesus message and it converted many people away from the Pharisees' Religion.

It's really kind of humorous that the pharisees were so petty, as to even consider killing a man who had already died and been in the grave for 4 days. They wanted to kill him? Healing was an affront to them.

As to the real John 13:10 about He who is clean need only wash his feet.....Jesus goes on to tell his disciples He washed their feet as an example to them, and that they should wash each other's feet and that the servant is not greater that his master. Jesus did not wash Judas' feet, as Judas was not chosen to be one who would be proclaiming the Good News of the Gospel.

Blessed are the feet of those who bring Good News.

And in Ephesians 6:15 .. and your feet prepared for the gospel of peace....

I challenge you to do a Bible study with a concordance and please use the KJV by all means and search all verses about healing. Study those verses. Leave out your former theology and doctrines of men. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have shown no love what so ever for handicapped people or ill people. You cannot wrap up your cruel bitter behavior in a gift package of doing God's Work. You are not doing God's work. You are sewing the seeds of the devil.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White Eagle,

Someone is telling to you to post this nonsense but it is not God. You are being led by the devil.

I have been trying to figure you out for weeks. Linda brought up that anger is a reaction to pain, which is very true. There is a reason that anger is listed in the stages of grief because after the shock comes the pain which is replaced soon with anger. Simply because the pain hits your like a kick in the stomach and anger is the way the mind copes with this. As, I got dressed for Church this morning, I was praying about you. God brought to my mind that another emotion that turns in to anger is fear. White Eagle, you are in a position where you take care of ill and disabled people. You see people at their worse and let’s face it ill and handicapped people often feel inadequate when they are in the hospital and have to depend on others for their very basic care. I too worked in the hospital for 3 years. Most people disabled or ill were very nice but there were a few who because of their fear and discomfort could be angry and demanding. I think you see these helpless people and you get afraid that you may one day have to depend on others for your own personal care. This fear is manifesting itself in anger. But to lump every handicapped person and every ill person into the category of demanding and angry people is just wrong on your part. Like I said before we had a dozen handicapped people in our Church in Houston and over a dozen now in Washington at Church. These people are the kindness, sweetest, and gentle people you could ever meet. They have a strong love for God. Their lack of healing on their part is not a lack of faith on their part. They love God and they are faithful to His calling. Instead of you and your husband sitting back and judging people who are not healed in this lifetime, you should be asking why you are both so bitter against ill and handicapped people. You should stop listening to the devil and start praying for God to give you patience for those who have it harder than you. If you are not careful you are going to be so eaten up with bitterness that you could become in danger of losing your soul.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"Therefore the chief priests decided to also kill Lazarus, because he was the reason many of the Jews were deserting them and believing on Jesus."

"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so that they would not see with their eyes or understand with their hearts, and be convertedand I would heal them."

Somethings not right here cause that's not what the KJV says:

quote:
John 13:10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
And John 13:40 doesn't exist.

I believe you mean chapter 12...

quote:
John 12:37But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

This speaks of Spiritual Blindness that needs to be healed. It is not saying that all who believe on HIM will be healed of physical conditions. You've been shown so many scriptures that contradict that idea completely, yet you IGNORE them and cling to this unscriptural teaching that ALL should be healed.

quote:
Isaiah 6:9And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Healed of what? Their Spiritual Blindness and Lack of Understanding.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Honest is not the word I would have used.

quote:
Most handicapped people that I've met are controlling people, as they learn that, to compensate for what they can't control.

I"m sorry to say I have never met any handicapped person who wan't all wrapped up in themselves, even if they put on a good front. Even Christians who suffer with a "smile".

It's bravado at best. People who are chronically ill basically act about the same way.

Prejudiced ? Maybe... Bigoted? Probably...

Honest? No, I dont think so. I am not in health care and have not been for many years and I know many handicapped people that are not "wrapped up in themselves" Honest just does not fit for me.

You focus on this yet ignore the valid questions I asked in that same post.

My husband told me this topic of either believing in healing or not beleiving has been a divisive issue for centuries.

What you people seem to not understand is that I can see people's suffering and their behaviors in coping with it and still Love them.

Love is not all warm fuzzy feelings. God's Love includes rebuke, discipline, chasetisement, along with Loving to give His promises to those who believe.

For some reason the Lord has been pressing upon me to write the things I had written, and be strong in it.

I feel that if it gets just one person to search the scriptures ...like a Berean... to see if these things are so, then my purpose is done.

God bless you all .

There is no John 13:40 You must mean John 12:40.

Perhapes you should first learn how to search the Tec Manual of Life yourself before you try to present it to others.

Once again you have Jim Jones the text to fit your phyisical healing docrinal error.

The quotation you hacked up is from Isaiah , chapter 6.

"The Healing" is Spiritual in nature.

And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Mt 13:14 Luke 8:10 John 12:40 Acts 28:26

Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Mt 13:15 Mark 4:12 Acts 28:27

Healed of what sickness? Their eyes , their ears, their hearts were working quite well in the physical but not at all in the Spiritual.

Please stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:

quote:
Most handicapped people that I've met are controlling people, as they learn that, to compensate for what they can't control.

I"m sorry to say I have never met any handicapped person who wan't all wrapped up in themselves, even if they put on a good front. Even Christians who suffer with a "smile".

It's bravado at best. People who are chronically ill basically act about the same way.

Honest? No, I dont think so. I am not in health care and have not been for many years and I know many handicapped people that are not "wrapped up in themselves" Honest just does not fit for me.

You focus on this yet ignore the valid questions I asked in that same post.

My husband told me this topic of either believing in healing or not beleiving has been a divisive issue for centuries.

What you people seem to not understand is that I can see people's suffering and their behaviors in coping with it and still Love them.

Love is not all warm fuzzy feelings. God's Love includes rebuke, discipline, chasetisement, along with Loving to give His promises to those who believe.

For some reason the Lord has been pressing upon me to write the things I had written, and be strong in it.

I feel that if it gets just one person to search the scriptures ...like a Berean... to see if these things are so, then my purpose is done.

God bless you all .

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soft Touch,

I say a huge Amen to your posting with which I completely agree and with all my heart I thank you, Betty, Linda, Drew and Bill for all of your understanding, compassion, empathy, and christian love! God bless each of you just ever so much! You'll have your rewards in heaven!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is just Blowing my Mind! I have never seen such a lack of "MERCY" from a nurse.

Linda, I'm in full agreement with your post. I would never want to be treated by such a nurse or have anyone I know treated by such. There is such an aire of arogance in her posts and a huge lack of mercy and understanding of the Truth of God's Word that it just blows my mind!

God Bless You Betty, Linda, GramaJo, and all others who face physical challenges and have learned to be Content in all things and to Thank and Priase God in all circumstances! I will Stand on God's Word along with the three of you, Drew, Bill and others who SEE CLEARLY God's Truth in this matter.

May God have Mercy on those who do not understand HIS Word on this, and may we continue to pray for them that the Lord will remove the scales from their eyes and impart HIS mercy into their hearts.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Oh WhiteEagle .

Oh.

Stop hurting my people.

Your People? You own them?

Healing isn't hurting. Last I checked those definitions. Truth can hurt unfortunately.

Your type of healing is not healing.

Yes My Preople..

John.15

[13] Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Betty,

I say a huge Amen to your posting and I completely agree with your postings! You are definitely in God's Will, you definitely are doing God's work to further His Kingdom and you definitely will have your rewards in heaven from God! God bless you very much!

With love from your friend,
Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
I do not desire any pity. But, I have pity for others who have diablities. You do not. I have NEVER met a Christian before you who had no love or compassion for the lame, the blind, and other handicapped people. You are so ate up with bitterness that I pity YOU!!!
betty

Why is it OK for you to "pity" others and not want to be "pitied" yourself?

Why? Isn't pity looking down on someone.

Compassion looks you in the eye and not down on you.

Enough! This is futile.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I do not desire any pity. But, I have pity for others who have diablities. You do not. I have NEVER met a Christian before you who had no love or compassion for the lame, the blind, and other handicapped people. You are so ate up with bitterness that I pity YOU!!!
betty

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Asking for respect is not asking to be put on pedastal, my friend. I am a saint of God not becuase of my merit but because I am saved through the blood of my Savior. I have never ever expected to be treated better than anyone.
You should ask yourself why you are so bitter against the disable. Ask yourself why you feel so much anger to those who have it worse than you. Ask youself why you lack the ablitity to have pity on others.
betty

Pity?

Is that what you really want?

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Linda,

I think I'm way too honest for you. sorry about that.

Compassion doens't mean one has to be ignorant of what is causing people to behave in certain ways.

There is nothing wrong with Bravado when one is sick or handicapped.

WHAT I'm trying to get across it that all those things SHOW ME THEIR SUFFERING.

Nothing wrong with control, we all need some degree of control in our lives. Sickness and handicaps get all those things out of balance, and that is a fact of life.

You think things are wrong that are honest, too bad. Don't read my posts.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Asking for respect is not asking to be put on pedastal, my friend. I am a saint of God not becuase of my merit but because I am saved through the blood of my Savior. I have never ever expected to be treated better than anyone.
You should ask yourself why you are so bitter against the disable. Ask yourself why you feel so much anger to those who have it worse than you. Ask youself why you lack the ablitity to have pity on others.
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Homeschooler,

I say a huge Amen to your posting and I completely agree with what you say. God bless you very much.

--------------------
Gramajo320

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:

Please do tell us what hospital or healthcare facility you work at; I have family in Maine and I would like to insure that they would never be in your care. What a horribly sad statement from a nurse. The only thing that could be worse is that it is from the mouth of a nurse who claims the name of Christ.

Absolutely unbelieveable.

What fantasy world do you live in? Do you think people are saints just because they are sick?

People are people no matter what.

Are we supposed to put the sick on a pedastal?

Sickness and illness and handicaps put people into a whole flux of emotions and behaviors so they can cope. Nothing evil about being honest about the whole process. It's a fact of life.

Sick people are not automatcially ushered into sainthood.

They need care and help, but I don't have to be blind to how they are coping with it.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Joanne,

Thank you and God bless you.
betty

White Eagle,
Lies can hurt too and you my friend are under bondage to the father of lies. You are so programed by WOF that you cannot see the truth. Shame on you for your cruel and hateful spirit.
betty

Wof?

You must read the Bible some day.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
My own family say that I am guilty of allowing myself to be ran over by people. Control freak I am not. You are indeed prejudice against handicapped people. Some day God may allow you to know what it is like to be handicapped.
God help you when he does.
betty

Ever see the movie Forrest Gump?

Forrest truly serves God. Know how? His mama taught him that he was just as good as anyone else, and Forrest didn't see himself as handicapped.

Forrest has a friend called major Dan. Dan lost both his legs above the knees in the war.

Major Dan had a real encounter with God in the movie during the hurricaine, he cursed God for all that was wrong in his life. He got the anger OUT. (Yes I know it was just a movie) but it was a real life issue of anger toward God about our life's misfortunes. He let God have the truth of how he really felt. God is big enough to take it.

After that Major Dan did find some peace with God and himself, and got married to a beautiful lady and continued his life as if he wasn't handicapped.

The people who can live life in peace do not "see" themselves as handicapped or ill.

They don't complain of pain, because they take care of it, and they take responsibility and they refuse to accept that pain as theirs.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Joanne,

Thank you and God bless you.
betty

White Eagle,
Lies can hurt too and you my friend are under bondage to the father of lies. You are so programed by WOF that you cannot see the truth. Shame on you for your cruel and hateful spirit.
betty

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Please do tell us what hospital or healthcare facility you work at; I have family in Maine and I would like to insure that they would never be in your care. What a horribly sad statement from a nurse. The only thing that could be worse is that it is from the mouth of a nurse who claims the name of Christ.

Absolutely unbelieveable.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Oh WhiteEagle .

Oh.

Stop hurting my people.

Your People? You own them?

Healing isn't hurting. Last I checked those definitions. Truth can hurt unfortunately.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Dear Betty,

You are a child of God and He loves you dearly and He knows that you are in His Will and He also knows that you are faithfully doing His work to further His Kingdom. God also knows that the ones who are attacking you are doing satan's work and He will deal with them. The best thing you can do is just totally disregard everything that White Eagle and the others who attack say to you.
They don't have a clue of what is true and right but you do so don't let them get you down or discourage you whatsoever because that's all they want to do. Please remember they don't have a clue. You are in God's Will and you are doing God's work. The ones who attack aren't and it shows them for what they really are.

God bless you very much Betty and stay strong - God loves you very very much!

With love from your friend,
Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
My own family say that I am guilty of allowing myself to be ran over by people. Control freak I am not. You are indeed prejudice against handicapped people. Some day God may allow you to know what it is like to be handicapped.
betty

Having a handicap or illness is Suffering.

I am prejudiced against suffering.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

betty

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
My post from above comes off as angry. Am I angry?
I am angry that there are so many Christians who question
the spiritual life of a person because he or she is
handicapped or ill. God brought to my mind about my Church
in Houston we went to for 10 years before we moved to Washington.
At first there were only 25 families in the Church. Of the 25,
12 had handicapped plates. We had one person with MS,
one with MD, three who were legally blind, two with
lupus, one who walked with a walker and me with my cane. Well you get the
picture. Guess who were the most faithful of the
Church? Those who were handicapped. God reminded me
how he blessed that little group. Right before we
moved that Church had growned to over 100 families.
God was working in that Church despite the disabilities
of its members. In the last two years we have been
here the Church has grown enough to hire an Associate
Pastor and a Youth Leader, and yet those who were
disabled are still disabled. Who are the prayer
warriors in that Church? The disabled and ill.

You bet I am angry because all those people are coming
under question by White Eagle and BA, and others. Who
knows how many people come and read the Christian BBS
and go away discouraged because they are ill. But,
I did spend my prayer time today asking God to remove
any bitterness I might have because of those who spout off
WOF baloney.
I am not saying my anger is righteous, cause I don’t
know if it is possible for me. But, I do feel my
anger at seeing other Christians torn up by cruel
uncaring Christians is just. No matter how much
HisGrace wants to call for unity, there is not going
to be any unity as long as those who suffer illness
and disabled or made to feel less of a Christian by
other Christians.

Your post says it all. That's the sad state of the Church: Handcapped.

If they are such prayer warriors where are the results?

Anyone getting saved? Anyone having a changed life?

So you can hire an associate pastor, Whoopy ding!

So the church grew to 100 families. Did anyone get saved? Anyone get delivered? Anyone get healed? Anyone stop drinking or smoking or fooling around or did they come to church righteous already?

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Betty

Do you believe that illness and handicaps make people more spiritual?

What do you think God's reasons are for allowing people to be chronically ill or handicapped?

Do you believe that illness is from God?

I'm not going to IGNORE that real suffering and neither does Christ.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
He allowed us to stay in our horrible corrupt evil physical bodies as you seem to think of them;'
so we can proclaim the Gospel and reach others for Christ.

You could do that in your spiritual body.

White Eagle out of respect to God I think that we should not engage each other on this subject.

I think that you have totally missed the boat and the target and the point and the Bible Truth on this issue.

You think the same with regard to me. We are at an impass that only the Holy Spirit can change in either of us.

Someday we will each know the truth - as HE is.

Out of respect for God....? It is more like you mean out of respect for yourself is more like it.

Our of respect for God and His Word I am proclaiming what the Bible says about disease and illness and healing.

We don't have a "spiritual" body Linda. I don't quite understand that doctrine.

Spirits don't have bodies at all per se.

It's Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

You have a "spiritual" man(component) as Paul writes about which is our spirit that comes alive when we are born again. The Holy Spirit strengthens our made alive spirit. But it's not a "body".

We will receive incorruptable bodies eventually, but that is not something we have NOW.

I think YOU have totally missed the boat. Due to prejudice toward WOF. So you throw out the whole thing.

Compassion seeks to answer the need. Pity looks down on those less fortunate. Compassion seeks to ease suffering and give direction.
Empathy means one can attune oneself to another's suffering and understand it.

Anyway as to healing it's not our spiritual "body" that gets healed. It our very spirit that gets healed. and... So the healing of the body is actually talking about our physcial body.

If a body met a body coming through the Rye...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Linda,

Honey, you are so right, and you give great advice. Christians are sometimes guilty of judging other Christians just as the world judges others. They see some one physically challenged or finically stressed and they wonder what kind of spiritual inefficiency that person has. While they see their brethren who are always healthy living in a large house and driving a new car as someone who is God’s “favorite. But, God sees in the heart.
They forget that it is often the case that those who lack nothing spend less time in prayer.
It is often those who struggle financially and suffer physically that spend more time in prayer. Many times, when I wake up in pain, I find myself praying for others. I am not saying this to brag, but to say that it is possible to use what the devil does to us for use to serve God.

I wonder if because I have been such a strong presence about this subject that I may come off as one of those people who are whiners about their health. The truth is I was going to my Church for almost two years before my Pastor even knew what I had and only because he asked. I don’t go around talking about my health all the time. But it does indeed make me very angry when those who have been fed those lies by WOF people come here and seek to destroy the wounded. But, you are correct; I need to stop being angry and start feeling pity. I believe that unless they change they will be called to explain themselves to God personally. God has many great warriors in the Church today that are handicapped. I talked about our Church in Houston but here in Washington our Church has many handicapped people. We have a man who rides his electric wheel chair to Church. In my Sunday School class is a man who has issues walking and is going blind. We have about 6 people at least that are in wheel chairs at our Church. We have a young man who is mildly retarded and who loves the Lord with all his heart. When the Pastor asks people to come down and pray for others, he is the first one to run up there to pray. He is tone deaf but he sings his heart out. One Sunday we were at my son’s Church and I told my husband I actually missed hearing Sammy sing and my husband said he did too. Simply because this young man is so filled with God’s love. Charlie the guy in my Sunday School class that is going blind when he prays out loud, you can feel the Holy Spirit in the room. He is one of the kindest people I know. Years ago we had a woman come to our Church with the youth choir she directs. She is paralyzed from the waist down and yet she drives a special bus with her choir going to Churches all over South Texas. Preaching and singing for the Lord. God does use handicapped people for His glory. To suggest that these great people are some how less spiritual is an insult to them as well as to God.

I leave you with everyone with a couple of requests. When you see someone walk in on crutches, or with a cane or come in a wheel chair in your Church, please don’t try to figure out why God chose not to heal that person. Only God knows that. Instead of judging them, pray that God will work through their handicap and use them for His glory.

Linda, God bless you. I know that you know what it is like to suffer pain and yet you are a shining example of how God uses a handicapped person for His glory. Your ministry here is glory to the Lord. Bless you and your family.
betty

Drew, thank you for your words of encouragement. Debbie, Drew and Linda you are what a Christian should be. You encourage the wounded and up lift the broken hearted. Christians should encourage other Christians. How sad it is for Christians to shoot the wounded!

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Betty, Linda, Ded!!!!!!!!

One should pity the ignorance of those who place their trust in the pablum of the WOFers. The blind leading the blinded into the ditch. One day they will get old, suffer disease, dabilitatiny illness, and be ostracised and denigrated by their congregations for their own "lack of faith", and inability to positively confess and over-come. Their superficial faith won't prepare them for true adversity, won't enable them to persevere when their healing won't come.

Realize the source of their ignorance, and that they are wells without water.

You have the Living Water, the true faith which has been tested and endures, shining forth as a beacon in the darkness, a true blessing to your Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matt. 6:
9: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11: Give us this day our daily bread.
12: And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Your anger is a protective device designed to protect hurt feelings. Your feelings were hurt because someone said some really mean things to you that you know are not true and have given many testimonies on behalf of your self and others that show it is not true.

The devil drops offense at out door. It is us that opens the door and drags it in. Why be offended by someone that does not rightly divide the word; does not rightly apply the word; does not speak to you out of Christian love; does not speak truth to you when they speak;

No one should be able to ever make us feel "less of a Christian" . Even when we are not acting like it we are not less of a Christian. There is no such thing as less of a Christian.

What this person claims is that your Christian walk is less than victorious because you lack faith to get God to answer prayers for healing. Is that true? Is your Christian walk less than victorious? Are You weak of faith? Does God only heal those with great faith?

Then what does that say about the person who speaks to you this way? I can tell you that it speaks to me their foolishness. I dont know about you but I am not willing to be brought into bondage and offense by someone who speaks so foolishly.

I think that it is time you slammed the door in the devil's face and refuse to drag his trash in your house, Betty as you know that he is a liar and then go about living victoriously resting in HIM who is strong when you are weak and whose grace is sufficient to get you through what ever it is that you will walk through today and tomorrow and every day until HE takes you home.

God will take care of those who come against you. You need to let HIM do that and you need to be about the business that He wants you to be about which is being the blessing that you are that ministers to all of us in spite of your arthritis.

Now, having said all that. Yes it is righteous anger when it is about the hurt that this same person brings to others. Be angry and dont sin. Be angry and fight the lies of the enemy with the word as you do know the word to do do this and you do rightly divide it and you do know its correct application. Give the tesimonies that you give because they are testimonies of the glory of God and they are truth and they do more to make the devil to look like the lying fool that he is than anything else you could do. Pray for this person they need prayer. Bless them that curse you and dispitefully use you and remain in faith and in Spirit and not only will the enemy have no power over you, but GOD will lift you up and when God is lifting you up there is none that can put you down.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Luke 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.

Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Philippians 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Dont be brought into bondage by fools Betty!
I love you sister and you do more to serve our Lord and edify this body walking across a snowy church parking lot than some people can two in a books volume of posting about things that they know nothing but lies about!

[hug]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

AMEN Sister Betty, I share your anger that those professing Christ would do such damage to others belonging to Christ. What they teach is False.

I think that testimony of your old chuch in Texas is Awsome! Thanks for sharing it here!

God Bless you In Jesus Christ! [hug]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

My post from above comes off as angry. Am I angry?
I am angry that there are so many Christians who question
the spiritual life of a person because he or she is
handicapped or ill. God brought to my mind about my Church
in Houston we went to for 10 years before we moved to Washington.
At first there were only 25 families in the Church. Of the 25,
12 had handicapped plates. We had one person with MS,
one with MD, three who were legally blind, two with
lupus, one who walked with a walker and me with my cane. Well you get the
picture. Guess who were the most faithful of the
Church? Those who were handicapped. God reminded me
how he blessed that little group. Right before we
moved that Church had growned to over 100 families.
God was working in that Church despite the disabilities
of its members. In the last two years we have been
here the Church has grown enough to hire an Associate
Pastor and a Youth Leader, and yet those who were
disabled are still disabled. Who are the prayer
warriors in that Church? The disabled and ill.

You bet I am angry because all those people are coming
under question by White Eagle and BA, and others. Who
knows how many people come and read the Christian BBS
and go away discouraged because they are ill. But,
I did spend my prayer time today asking God to remove
any bitterness I might have because of those who spout off
WOF baloney.
I am not saying my anger is righteous, cause I don’t
know if it is possible for me. But, I do feel my
anger at seeing other Christians torn up by cruel
uncaring Christians is just. No matter how much
HisGrace wants to call for unity, there is not going
to be any unity as long as those who suffer illness
and disabled or made to feel less of a Christian by
other Christians.

-------------
wild b,
I am sorry that you suffer so much with pain. I will add you to my prayer list.
betty

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
He allowed us to stay in our horrible corrupt evil physical bodies as you seem to think of them;'

You could do that in your spiritual body.

White Eagle out of respect to God I think that we should not engage each other on this subject.

I think that you have totally missed the boat and the target and the point and the Bible Truth on this issue.

You think the same with regard to me. We are at an impass that only the Holy Spirit can change in either of us.

Someday we will each know the truth - as HE is.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
quote:
Have you ever wondered why God when HE saved us did not just place us in our spiritual bodies then? Why do you think that God has ordained for us to occupy these bodies that get sick and decay and hurt and limit us so in the material world for a time?

He came that we would have LIfe more abundantly.

He came to set the captives free

He came to bind up the Broken hearted

(Uh I think that means in this life as once we're in heaven we wouldn't have a broken heart to be healed )

He came to give sight to the blind physically as well as spiritually.

( I don't think we'd need that done once we're in heaven)

He raised the dead while He was on earth. He healed the sick and demon possessed. He forgives sins. So we can be free to Love and free to spread the gospel.

Only Satan wants you to suffer, suffer, suffer.

Stop your silyness.

I do enjoy my suffering.

It helps me to see people like you.

Oh~ wimp

You need to see Christ.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
I went to bed in pain last night. I woke up in pain most of the night. Then I woke up in pain this morning. My first thought was according to a few on this board, this is my choice. Not a pleasant thought after a painful night. Then in my mischievous mood, I begin to think. Maybe every Church should hire a physiologist as well as a Preacher. Then all members with illness, handicaps, etc could go to the physiologist to see why they choose to stay that way. Within a year all Church people would be well. Then American could see this and have free physiologist for all and soon all medical doctors except for OB and Prenatal care could be eliminated. Why just look at the money that would save our Country and fellow Americans!!! We could hire White Eagle and Lars to set it up. Of course eventually there will be little need for nurses and White Eagle would have to find a new vocation, but I am sure that she is willing to make the sacrifice.
Betty

That's the problem with your thinking. You talk about a "physiologist"?

You need Dr Jesus! Oh I forgove you already have Him?

Believe me I would be overjoyed to not be needed as a nurse.

How can I take all this seriously?

According to you and many others theology, we are here to suffer and might as well hunker down and get 'usd to it."

We are to be overcomers! Don't neglect your inheritance in Christ. Don't be like Esau that gave away his inheritance and then sought it with tears and could not gain rightful repentance.

Grandma you need to keep going to the Elders of your church body and request that they pray over you and anoint you with oil and pray in the Spirit over you. Keep doing it until God answers.
Press in to God. He will answer.

Oh yeah I guess I'm sooooooomean for suggesting that too.

That's the humorous part ...You think I'm so mean. Get a grip....On the Lord.

Love is the answer. God's Love.

As God said to Job "Gird yourself like a man" (or woman) Buck up kidd!

If you don't wish to accept sound advice from scripture, that it your choice.

I've have angina pain off and on for several months. I finally prayed and God allowed me to hit the target, and I found out it was a spiritual attack. It hasn't come back.

Do I deserve Angina pain? Yes I do. But greater is He who is in me, and He doesn't deserve it.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Have you ever wondered why God when HE saved us did not just place us in our spiritual bodies then? Why do you think that God has ordained for us to occupy these bodies that get sick and decay and hurt and limit us so in the material world for a time?

He came that we would have LIfe more abundantly.

He came to set the captives free

He came to bind up the Broken hearted

(Uh I think that means in this life as once we're in heaven we wouldn't have a broken heart to be healed )

He came to give sight to the blind physically as well as spiritually.

( I don't think we'd need that done once we're in heaven)

He raised the dead while He was on earth. He healed the sick and demon possessed. He forgives sins. So we can be free to Love and free to spread the gospel.

Only Satan wants you to suffer, suffer, suffer.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:

I believe it has a WHOLE Lot to do with our learning to totally LEAN on Him and rely on His Grace Alone. When we're at our lowest (be it physical or emotional pain) is when HE Holds and Comforts us (If we turn to Him). There was a point when my mom was dying of cancer that I was just so exhausted and sad that as I lay down to sleep I asked the Lord to Just Hold Me... What a Comfort that was! His Grace was sufficent and His Love was so overpowering in my time of need [clap2]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"So get over it."

You are right. My mistake to think anyone should care about my issues. Forgive me for thinking that Christians were more compassionate then non-Christians. Maybe Churches should stop requesting prayer request from their members since Christians don't care about one another.
Then again if you are not in perfect health maybe you should stay at home and not infringe on others.
betty

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

[Confused]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I went to bed in pain last night. I woke up in pain most of the night. Then I woke up in pain this morning. My first thought was according to a few on this board, this is my choice. Not a pleasant thought after a painful night. Then in my mischievous mood, I begin to think. Maybe every Church should hire a physiologist as well as a Preacher. Then all members with illness, handicaps, etc could go to the physiologist to see why they choose to stay that way. Within a year all Church people would be well. Then American could see this and have free physiologist for all and soon all medical doctors except for OB and Prenatal care could be eliminated. Why just look at the money that would save our Country and fellow Americans!!! We could hire White Eagle and Lars to set it up. Of course eventually there will be little need for nurses and White Eagle would have to find a new vocation, but I am sure that she is willing to make the sacrifice.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lars7:
I just cant believe my eyes....whats wrong with christians today....division is among you all. For those of you who believe in healing....that God has already provided it....GO RECIEVE IT!....For those of you who chose to live with your affliction...THEN DO SO!....But as we are all sons and daughters of God our Father let us not have any division among us.We are a family....let us not forget this.

~
And you do well not to believe your eyes.

2Cor.5

[7] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

--------------------
That is all.....

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

There is NO Unity between Light and Darkness. There is NO Unity between True Doctrine and False Doctrine.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

To suggest that a person with a disability chooses to stay in that condition is despicable.
No one chooses to be disabled. A Christian who has a disability prays for healing and if God chooses to say no, then the Christians chooses to live their life with grace and humility. Your comments are mean and hateful.
betty

--------------------

Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just cant believe my eyes....whats wrong with christians today....division is among you all. For those of you who believe in healing....that God has already provided it....GO RECIEVE IT!....For those of you who chose to live with your affliction...THEN DO SO!....But as we are all sons and daughters of God our Father let us not have any division among us.We are a family....let us not forget this.
Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 20 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You guys can believe preacher so and so or internet web sites.

I will believe in the Bible and what it teaches.

Repentance is a gift, remember that.

I won't take one word back I won't deny my Savior, Christ Jesus and the Power of His Blood.

Repentance is a choice action set forth by the conditions of a gift.

Faith it is the gift.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

where as repentance can be of the worldly type.

2Cor.7

1. [9] Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
2. [10] For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

So some repentance indeed is not a gift, but a ticket to hell.

--------------------
That is all.....

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Dear Soft Touch,

Again I thank you so very much for your posting and for everything you wrote in it and please know it means so very much to me! I thank you so very much for keeping us three in your prayers and please know we will always keep you in our prayers too! You have a very blessed wonderful night and God bless you so very much as you do your work in furthering the Kingdom of God and we three are doing the very same to further God's Kingdom! God Bless You!

With love,
Joanne (Gramajo320)

--------------------
Gramajo320

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement