Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Be Very Careful (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Be Very Careful
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the AMH I know?
quote:
That is ok WildB. But our God is a mighty God. He is able to do many things very well. What we do must glorify Him. What else is there?

AMH

A miracle has happened. Or actually, I think AMH can talk straightforward if he chooses to do so since "what we must do is glorify Him" henceforth.

What else is there? A worker worthy of his/her wages.

"And He found yet others standing idle in the marketplace, who said "No man has hired us", and He hired them and "send them into the Vineyard."

"Look, Lord, with your two talents I have gained two more talents. You have been faithful over little, you shall rule over many things. Enter you therefore in the joy of the Lord."

"Look, Lord, with your 10 talents I have gained ten more talents". "Well done, good and faithful slave-servant (doulos)... be you over many things. And enter into the joy of the Lord".

Then came the one who had been given one talent (watch out, we're all given at least one talent if it is still before the last hour of the workday in the Vineyard.

But the one with just one talent said, "Lord, I was afraid and hid your talent in the ground {"lest I lose it"). Here it is back.

"you unprofitable slave-servant, you should have put your money with the bankers (the preachers) and I would received mine with interest" ("and I would have saved you").

"But now, take from him even what he has {was given, the one talent given to ALL Christians (unless they're on their deathbed).

"for faith without works is dead". But the work can be as small as given my talent to the preachers to use.

Or use my one talent to type on Internet Christian church and preach to gospel to the whole world. But the talent must be used, for else the Lord will "appoint us a place with the hypocrites".

Having done not even one work in the Vineyard (unless converted too late in our lives), He took the one talent from this person. I think this talent represents the Holy Spirit.

It was given to that would-be Christian, but he never ended up making use of the Holy Spirit to at least "do SOMETHING in the Vineyard of the Lord".

What are YOU doing with your one talent? Did you notice that the ones who had TWO talents and TEN talents DID very well? If talent represents the Holy Spirit, were they given more Holy Spirit than the one talent person?

"Be Very Careful"

may the LORD (YWHY) God (Elohim) of Israel bless us, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB,

So maybe we can be friends.

By the way, the slur is gone. A miracle healing right before our eyes.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is ok WildB. But our God is a mighty God. He is able to do many things very well. What we do must glorify Him. What else is there?

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Not what I wish. That would be your line. You see, we do not need you to tell us what God says, that is His line.

He heals us, gives us wisdom and all other good things come from Him.

Quit with the tough guy act. God can even give us courage, if we need it. So far I think not.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

We all know that. Glad that you admitted it.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Yes. A form with the ever present denial.

I am sorry also, about the weak knees that will never be healed.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Since healings stop why don’t you.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Yes your friends, the ones that really annoy. That they have fed you well can be understood by the extra that you carry.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

On those cold nights out by the tracks did it ever occur to you that pride is a dish best served cold?

AMH

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I am still confused. What list?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Yes, the only point of view is her’s. Everyone else is put out. Just like I was saying when first I began.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Your speech is slurred. Reminiscent of the little lady sitting on the seven.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Then it will be enter. And either wipe my shoes on the welcome mat that you have most graciously set out for me or else knock the dust from the souls.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

I seem to have stumbled into the land of the giants. Shall I enter? Shall I run away?

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Yes you finally write something worth 2 cents. That I am human you can rest assured. But that you are correct about anything else that you have written at some of the other posters in this thread-

No I don’t think that I will let you be right today.

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Something is being lost in the translation.

I am happy to turn once again to you. Shall we entertain your thoughts?

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Very well.

I leave you to the title, (of this thread).

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

The rail walkers that I have met usually have a taste for crow. Is that something that you would like?

AMH

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AMH:
WildB,

Well I never had any intentions of following you as that would be the road to nowhere.

But thanks for the directions all the same.

AMH

OK~But The High and Lofty One wanted your intent posted for the base ball fans. He

Why so angry?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Well I never had any intentions of following you as that would be the road to nowhere.

But thanks for the directions all the same.

AMH

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WildB,

So you want me to come down to your level?

AMH

Do you think you can? I had dinner under rail road bridges with the rail walkers.

No. Manny the places I walked only God could pertect you thru.

No do not follow me Follow Christ

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

So you want me to come down to your level?

AMH

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WildB,

Stand down where?

AMH

Your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

WildB,

Stand down where?

AMH

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

SoftTouch,

Your name was inadvertently placed on the wrong list. My sincerest apologies.

AMH

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TexasGrandma,

None of us are perfect but not all of us tattle on the other posters. (While I have no insider knowledge, your list is telling.)

AMH

Stand Down Mr.

Bible, King James Version
1 match.

Jer.23

1. [32] Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.

--------------------
That is all.....

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TexasGrandma,

None of us are perfect but not all of us tattle on the other posters. (While I have no insider knowledge, your list is telling.)

AMH

Huh? I have No Idea what this means; could you expound a little please? [Confused]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

TexasGrandma,

AMH

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA,

You and I do not always agree, but you treat people with respect. This is not the case with HisGrace. Who has been very rude to Drew, Linda, Soft-Touch, and myself.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what's actually funny, or not so funny, is that HisGrace is the one who posted this most-successful of Threads, having received a highly respectable 267 hits/replies, and is probably in the top 3 all-time reply getters on this CBBS. Way to go, HG! That one of her best Topics would end up in this Exposing False Teaching forum, is, well, ironic. [BooHoo]

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear sister TEXASGRANDMA, mercy and helps are goodly gifts to have received, Amen?

re HisGrace, you write
quote:
You can't complain about how hot the kitchen is, if you keep going back in there to stir the pot.
How about, "eventhough the kitchen is excessively hot, I must still come to stir the pot for my kids need to eat?"

So, just to get some more perspective, what, if anything, do I do differently than, say, HisGrace when I come here?

I've even come to believe, thanks to y'all, that is is possible that the Lord assigns some of y'all to "keep an eye on what's being said by Christians and committee report on it."

I'm obviously not part of the "keep an eye out committee", but that's fine, since the Lord would presumably only need a certain amount of Christians to do that task in His Vineyard, while other Christians do other tasks in His Vineyard.

(I was handed a shovel, for instance. [Big Grin] )

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA,

We did a test at Church to see our Spiritual gifts and mine were mercy and help. Through out my life God has used me to work with shut-ins, people in nursing homes, and handicapped people. This is one of the reasons, I find the WOF people so cruel.
I have held the hands of great prayer warriors who were dying who were completely at peace with God. These people had faith, but they had put God before their pain. They chose His will not theirs.
The WOF preaches a different Gospel then the Bible. Their Gospel is hurtful to those that God chooses to use on earth with their disease and handicaps. From the time I was a young child, I visited nursing homes with my mom. I grew to love those who others neglected.
People can push the WOF agenda all they want; they cannot explain why they sit those who are in wheelchairs in the back of the room so they don't show up on camera.

As far as HisGrace, my point was not that she was not welcome. My point was this thread was made at her insistence because she made it clear to David that she did not want to hear about this subject. Then she made it a point to come here and make trouble. You can't complain about how hot the kitchen is, if you keep going back in there to stir the pot.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
[QB] We can't make a "Doctrine" that all sickness is a thorn from God to keep us humble,

And No One has

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
You and many many others have made up doctrines that God's will is not heal some people and it has nothing to do with their faith or spiritual walk. You twist scriptures to human experience NOT to God's will. You have not seen people healed according to biblical promises, so you make up weak platitudes to placate those who are not healed.

No WhiteEagle, it's you who have picked and chosen passages which support your false doctrine and IGNORED Clear Scriptural Evidence that shows that God does NOT Always Heal - and these instances had Nothing to do with a Lack of Faith. Therefore you are taking away from Scripture - which we're told Not to do.

Why was Paul not healed? Why was Timothy not healed? Why did Paul leave his sick friend behind without healing him?

What you fail to see is that we are not denying what Scripture says regarding Faith and Healing; what we are Denying is your claim that Scripture supports the idea that ALL should be healed (and if they're not then it's due to lack of faith). We've given numerous Scripture passages to prove that is a False Doctrine (which you are Clinging to).

Scripture Does Not Contradict Scripture. In order for your position to be correct, you'd have to throw out the Scripture passages we have given. Obviously, there's something WRONG... don'tcha think?

Scripture doesn't say that Timothy was chronically ill. Paul gives Timothy advice to take a little wine for his stomach's sake and frequent illnesses and not to take water only.

From my perspective this could mean that in some places Timothy visited the water was contaminated and by drinking a little wine it would prevent the GI problems. It would be like us going to Mexico or Europe and having an experienced person tell us not the drink the water, but drink wine or bottled water so we could avoid traveler's diarrhea.

Paul admits he had a thorn in the flesh to keep him humble. Yet he was physcially able to travel around the known world of his day and had great vigor and strength. His eyes were bad, and he needed someone to write for him.

While some of us who have great ministries might be given a thorn in flesh like Paul to keep us humble, I would add that most of us do not have the office of an Apostle or have great ministries for God, and while many of us are very prideful, and might benefit from a "thorn" in the flesh, most of us are not mature enough to even get one. We can't make a "Doctrine" that all sickness is a thorn from God to keep us humble, Especially in light of what the Gospels teach about Jesus' ministry.

Which person was left behind sick? by Paul? The only one we discussed about previously was healed.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
OK here are the questions that everyone is ignoring:

1-Do you believe that illness and handicaps make people more spiritual?

2-What do you think God's reasons are for allowing people to be chronically ill or handicapped?

3-Do you believe that illness is from God?

These questions have Not been ignored... you need to go back and re-read. They've been addressed Several times in several ways Using Scripture to show that your Doctrine is Faulty. I see no need to go over all of this again (and again, and again). You’re not listening.

quote:
You people wish to "kill" me with harsh words because you don't like it that I say the Bible teaches that conversion and healing go hand in hand.

As for anyone wishing to "kill" you... Wow, that's a stretch. What we're "Trying" to do is SHOW you how your Doctine is in Error according to Scripture. This is what YOU keep Ignoring.

As for someone trying to “kill” another… consider these words from your own hand:

quote:
Most handicapped people that I've met are controlling people, as they learn that, to compensate for what they can't control.

I"m sorry to say I have never met any handicapped person who wan't all wrapped up in themselves, even if they put on a good front. Even Christians who suffer with a "smile".

It's bravado at best. People who are chronically ill basically act about the same way.

These are NOT words that bring Life… they Wound the spirit of those who suffer affliction. It is You who are trying to “Kill” others with harsh words, but you don’t seem to see this [Frown]

Would you PLEASE take an Honset look at this?!

You are still stuck on what I have honestly observed about chronically ill people. Sorry but what do you think "suffering" looks like?

All people who suffer from anything will have some outward emotional coping mechanisms to deal with their condition. They will behave in different ways to "control" what they have lost through being ill.

Get over your fantasy world ideas about suffering.

By his stripes we are healed... whoever is suffering... why wouldn't they want to let go of their suffering and have faith in relief through Jesus?

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear sister TEXASGRANDMA, you write about sister HisGrace
quote:
like Watcher, I too hope she keeps her word. She was one of the ones who pushed for this heading and then she could not stay out of it. Coming in day after day and complaining about what we post. This section of the board is called EXPOSING FALSE TEACHING, so what did she expect? People sharing recipes? like the old saying if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen. betty
I personally could not care less where you all are located. I will participate and enjoy my brothers and sisters in Christ no matter where they are currently located.

I love sister HisGrace and agree often with her spirit. I think this forum is a proving-ground for sister HisGrace in that this forum "upsets her", even to the point that sister HisGrace issued an ultimatum. As I wrote to sister HisGrace, "it is not wise to issue an ultimatum" because then the LORD cannot use you (HisGrace) in this forum."

Which probably makes someone here a bit happier. I understand it is not easy to love our opponents (euphemism for enemies).

Anyway, God bless, TEXASGRANDMA, there is a place for everybody in the Body of Christ. Care to identify your body part?

1 Corinthians 12:15-17 (KJV)

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? And if the whole were an ear, where would the smelling be?

God bless, sister. BORN AGAIN

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

it is funny how HisGrace lashes out at what she calls personal attacks, when she falsely accused me only yesterday and she refuses to apologize.
all i can is "Bye Bye!"
like Watcher, I too hope she keeps her word. She was one of the ones who pushed for this heading and then she could not stay out of it. Coming in day after day and complaining about what we post. This section of the board is calle EXPOSING FALSE TEACHING, so what did she expect? People sharing recipes. like the old saying if you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
betty

--------------------

Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can only hope!! [clap2]

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
I was poo-hooed for putting this message on another thread, but I will give one more warning. Obviously my words are falling on deaf ears, and I feel led to spend another season away from the 'Exposing False Teaching Forum.'

I have proven on different occasions that lies have been printed about some of these preachers.
Be careful not to buy into these lies. Is the devil deceiving you?

This material is being printed in massive numbers on this Board. Are people really using careful discretion when they press these buttons willy-nilly? This could be a very dangerous practise.

Proverbs 19:5
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free.
[Cross]

As of this moment I make a vow before God and man to never enter this 'Exposing 'forum again, because to me it is just the equivalent of picking up The National Enquirer or the Globe beside the checkout count at my local grocery store and having a naughty peak at all of the slander that is being printed about those who are totally defenceless against the caustic power of the printed word.

You can lash out at me all you want with personal attacks, calling me stupid, as one person was called to-day, [Eek!] or saying that I twist the truth, or that I am rebelling against God, because I won't be seeing it.

I must obey The Holy Spirit - if I look back I'm going to turn into a pillar of salt. [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
You and many many others have made up doctrines that God's will is not heal some people and it has nothing to do with their faith or spiritual walk. You twist scriptures to human experience NOT to God's will. You have not seen people healed according to biblical promises, so you make up weak platitudes to placate those who are not healed.

No WhiteEagle, it's you who have picked and chosen passages which support your false doctrine and IGNORED Clear Scriptural Evidence that shows that God does NOT Always Heal - and these instances had Nothing to do with a Lack of Faith. Therefore you are taking away from Scripture - which we're told Not to do.

Why was Paul not healed? Why was Timothy not healed? Why did Paul leave his sick friend behind without healing him?

What you fail to see is that we are not denying what Scripture says regarding Faith and Healing; what we are Denying is your claim that Scripture supports the idea that ALL should be healed (and if they're not then it's due to lack of faith). We've given numerous Scripture passages to prove that is a False Doctrine (which you are Clinging to).

Scripture Does Not Contradict Scripture. In order for your position to be correct, you'd have to throw out the Scripture passages we have given. Obviously, there's something WRONG... don'tcha think?

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:

2-What do you think God's reasons are for allowing people to be chronically ill or handicapped?

These questions have Not been ignored... you need to go back and re-read. They've been addressed Several times in several ways Using Scripture to show that your Doctrine is Faulty. I see no need to go over all of this again (and again, and again). You’re not listening.

quote:
You people wish to "kill" me with harsh words because you don't like it that I say the Bible teaches that conversion and healing go hand in hand.

As for anyone wishing to "kill" you... Wow, that's a stretch. What we're "Trying" to do is SHOW you how your Doctine is in Error according to Scripture. This is what YOU keep Ignoring.

As for someone trying to “kill” another… consider these words from your own hand:

quote:
Most handicapped people that I've met are controlling people, as they learn that, to compensate for what they can't control.

I"m sorry to say I have never met any handicapped person who wan't all wrapped up in themselves, even if they put on a good front. Even Christians who suffer with a "smile".

It's bravado at best. People who are chronically ill basically act about the same way.

These are NOT words that bring Life… they Wound the spirit of those who suffer affliction. It is You who are trying to “Kill” others with harsh words, but you don’t seem to see this [Frown]

Would you PLEASE take an Honset look at this?!

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:
Caretaker:

Perhaps it is you who needs to Repent?

I'll leave that to the Holy Spirit and you.

WhiteEagle = religious snob.

snob (snŏb) pronunciation
n.

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.
~

Maybe you should respectfully request some real duty at a verterans hospital.

Na~ a religious snob couldnt handel the real truth of cause and effect..

[roll on floor] [roll on floor] [roll on floor] [roll on floor] [pound] [pound]

Hilarious! Now I'm a snob?????

TOOFUNNY! Is that the best you can cough up?

I have worked with Vetrans, they are the best. WWI, WW2 and Lorean War and Vietnam War vets.

My son serves in the Army and has spent 2 years in South Korea and is now going to Iraq.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"You people wish to "kill" me with harsh words because you don't like it that I say the Bible teaches that conversion and healing go hand in hand. The Pharisees wished to kill Lazarus because he is proof of Jesus' power and truth of Jesus message and it converted many people away from the Pharisees' Religion."

This is so stupid, that is beyond comment.

You do judge people. You do look at handicapped people and judge them unworthy or they would be healed. God looks at a handicapped person and sees the work He is doing through them. God is able to get more glory from the 6 people who come regularly to Church in a wheel chair then those who come in on their own two legs. It has been brought up about all the beautiful songs that Fannie Crosby wrote even though she was blind, yet you see her as a weak faith Christian because God chose to heal her in Heaven. You will face God one day and He will accuse you to your face of being cruel and lacking love towards His children because of the cross He asked them to bear. Instead of looking down on others, stop watching those WOF people and get your Bible out. Try to become the Christian that Joni is. WOF are out to fill their pocket books and some are not above performing "fake healings" to do so. Others don't pray for those that are in wheel chairs for fear it will look bad on them.

When I see your cruelty to handicapped people, my heart does not break for myself. My heart breaks for those in wheel chairs, blind, mentally disabled. I too worked in a hospital and I only felt compassion on those I took care of. You say you do to, but it is impossible to have compassion for others, when in your heart you are thinking that it is their on fault that they are ill or handicapped. Like I said if you do not repent you are heading for a big fall. One day you may be in a wheel chair and you will be tormented that your faith and superiority did not heal you.
Time after time people here have tried to counsel you but you are above listening to anyone. When God brings you to reality, you will not be able to blame us.
It is like when I was in the first grade and I was playing on the monkey bars, I laughed when a child fell, only to fall, too. My teacher told me that this was a valuable lesson for me to learn because if you feel joy at others misfortune, you too will suffer. I don’t think you feel joy but you feel contempt for those who are less fortunate then you and this will be your undoing.

betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 20 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Caretaker:

WhiteEagle = religious snob.

snob (snŏb) pronunciation
n.

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.
~

Maybe you should respectfully request some real duty at a verterans hospital.

Na~ a religious snob couldnt handel the real truth of cause and effect..

[6] For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.(some say it was his eyes that were burned by the Glory of Christ. That was healed, but started to fail him later on in his ministry)

[8] For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

WAKE UP !!!!!

A patriot in Christ.

WB USNR BT2

--------------------
That is all.....

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Caretaker:

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:

2Cr 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

This is a fact of all human life that we start dying physically from the day we are born. Even healthy people BTW are dying physcially every day. It's called aging. without Christ we would just physcially die without hope.

Alot of scriptures on patience, we don't need to sick to need patience, mine is running thin.

Hard=hearted people!

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
WhiteEagle:
I was just stating what I believed about Isaiah 53:5.

Caretaker:
And your interpretation with both the passage in Isaiah and the cross reference in Peter were taken out of their proper context, as has been addressed early on.

Peter’s writing in 1 Peter 2, is a direct reference to Isaiah 53. The use of “healing”, is spiritual healing/restoration within its proper context. The Word of Faith proponents wrest it as it were to the deception of themselves and those who follow them.

Just because YOU say it's out of context does NOT make it SO. You give the whole passage yet still miss IT!

quote:
5: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

24: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

5. wounded--a bodily wound; not mere mental sorrow; literally, "pierced"; minutely appropriate to Messiah, whose hands, feet, and side were pierced (Psalms 22:16). The Margin, wrongly, from a Hebrew root, translates, "tormented."
for . . . for--(Romans 4:25, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 2:24, 3:18)--the cause for which He suffered not His own, but our sins.
bruised--crushing inward and outward suffering
chastisement--literally, the correction inflicted by a parent on children for their good (Hebrews 12:5-8,10,11). Not punishment strictly; for this can have place only where there is guilt, which He had not; but He took on Himself the chastisement whereby the peace (reconciliation with our Father; Romans 5:1, Ephesians 2:14,15,17) of the children of God was to be effected (Hebrews 2:14).
upon him--as a burden; parallel to "hath borne" and "carried."
stripes--minutely prophetical of His being scourged (Matthew 27:26, 1 Peter 2:24).

quote:
healed--spiritually (Psalms 41:4, Jeremiah 8:22)

3: The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
4: I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Hebrew “healed”

Strong's Number: 07495 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
apr a primitive root
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry

Rapha' TWOT - 2196
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
raw-faw'
Verb
Definition
1. to heal, make healthful
a. (Qal) to heal
1. of God
2. healer, physician (of men)
3. of hurts of nations involving restored favour (fig)
4. of individual distresses (fig)
b. (Niphal) to be healed
1. literal (of persons)
2. of water, pottery
3. of national hurts (fig)
4. of personal distress (fig)
c. (Piel) to heal
1. literal
2. of national defects or hurts (fig)
d. (Hithpael) in order to get healed (infinitive)

You are even contradicting the complete meaning of healing and have decided it only means Spiritual healing. While it does include spiritual healing it also includes physcial and mental and total healing.

quote:
1 Peter 2 Read This Chapter
2:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Greek “heal”:

Strong's Number: 2390 Browse Lexicon
ijavomai middle voice of apparently a primary verb

Iaomai 3:194,344
ee-ah'-om-ahee
Verb
Definition
1. to cure, heal
2. to make whole
a. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Again you have decided to pick and chose which definitions fit your theology and personal experience.

quote:
Caretaker:
James 5:
15: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

The prayer of faith entails both the prayer of the sick person and the prayer of the elders, who in faith meet the requirments of this passage. But it suggests much more, because this faith is effectual. Some sick have had little faith, yet have been healed (Acts 3:4-8); others like Paul have have had great faith, yet have not been healed (2 Cor. 12:7-10). Further, those who possessed the gift of healing in the early church were at times unable to perform healing as they may have wished (2 Tim. 4:20).

The Greek text suggests this rendering, "The prayer produced by the faith will heal". The prayer that results from true faith is effective. Elijah experienced this prayer of faith (James 5:17-18). Elijah knew God's Word and will, and so persistantly prayed (1 Kings 18:36, 37, 42-46). Faith is people acting according to God's known purpose (1 John 5:14).

Here you are giving my arguement much credence yourself yet you persist and go on to negate what you have just professed from scripture:

quote:
Caretaker: The prayer of faith does not include a gift of healing. It does not exert extraordinary spiritual strength (Acts 3:12); otherwise all spiritual christians would be healthy (3 John 2). Nor does it merely involve the ritual of James 5:14. The prayer of faith discerns God's will and perseveres until it is accomplished. God's will however, is NOT to heal in every case, and TRUE faith can discern and accept that (Romans 8:26-27).

Your scriptural evidence for you manmade doctrine is faulty. 3 John 2 says:"I pray you may prosper in every way and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. This scripture
shows that the souls' health is tied to physcial health. It's saying to be spiritual is to have good health also.

You admit that faith and righteousness are part of receiving healing then you ADD things like Romans 8:26-27 which is teaching that we don't always even know how to pray correctly and that's why the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us with groanings that can't be uttered by human weakness.

quote:
although God does not always choose to heal, He sometimes does. When a Christian is sick he should confess his known sins, and God may heal him if the sickness is due to sin. He may also ask the elders in the church to annoint him with oil and pray for him. Some diseases experienced by Christians today could be prevented by trusting God as Yahweh-Rapha, the Lord Who Heals You, and allow Him to deal with those things in their lives causing stress, anger, worry (Ex. 15:16, James 5:14-16; Matt. 19:140).

Here again you admit what I've already stated about healing and then you deny it in the same post.??????

Paul says about God and Abrahams's faith. No it's not specifically about healing for Abraham, it's about faith that he would be the father of many nations in spite of being too old to bear children with his wife Sarah. Romans 4:17b

"He believed in God who gives life to the dead and calls things into existance that do not exist."

God calls things that are not, as though they are.KJV

When the Son of Man returns to the earth will He find any Faith?

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle:
I was just stating what I believed about Isaiah 53:5.

Caretaker:
And your interpretation with both the passage in Isaiah and the cross reference in Peter were taken out of their proper context, as has been addressed early on.

Peter’s writing in 1 Peter 2, is a direct reference to Isaiah 53. The use of “healing”, is spiritual healing/restoration within its proper context. The Word of Faith proponents wrest it as it were to the deception of themselves and those who follow them.

Isaiah 53:
1: Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2: For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3: He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4: Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7: He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8: He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9: And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10: Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11: He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12: Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

1 Peter 2:

21: For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
25: For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

5. wounded--a bodily wound; not mere mental sorrow; literally, "pierced"; minutely appropriate to Messiah, whose hands, feet, and side were pierced (Psalms 22:16). The Margin, wrongly, from a Hebrew root, translates, "tormented."
for . . . for--(Romans 4:25, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:28, 1 Peter 2:24, 3:18)--the cause for which He suffered not His own, but our sins.
bruised--crushing inward and outward suffering
chastisement--literally, the correction inflicted by a parent on children for their good (Hebrews 12:5-8,10,11). Not punishment strictly; for this can have place only where there is guilt, which He had not; but He took on Himself the chastisement whereby the peace (reconciliation with our Father; Romans 5:1, Ephesians 2:14,15,17) of the children of God was to be effected (Hebrews 2:14).
upon him--as a burden; parallel to "hath borne" and "carried."
stripes--minutely prophetical of His being scourged (Matthew 27:26, 1 Peter 2:24).
healed--spiritually (Psalms 41:4, Jeremiah 8:22).

Psalm 41:
1: Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
2: The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
3: The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
4: I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Jeremiah 8:
18: When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.
19: Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
20: The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.
21: For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
22: Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

Hebrew “healed”

Strong's Number: 07495 Browse Lexicon
apr a primitive root

Rapha' TWOT - 2196
raw-faw'
Verb
Definition
1. to heal, make healthful
a. (Qal) to heal
1. of God
2. healer, physician (of men)
3. of hurts of nations involving restored favour (fig)
4. of individual distresses (fig)
b. (Niphal) to be healed
1. literal (of persons)
2. of water, pottery
3. of national hurts (fig)
4. of personal distress (fig)
c. (Piel) to heal
1. literal
2. of national defects or hurts (fig)
d. (Hithpael) in order to get healed (infinitive)

1 Peter 2 Read This Chapter
2:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Greek “heal”:

Strong's Number: 2390 Browse Lexicon
ijavomai middle voice of apparently a primary verb

Iaomai 3:194,344
ee-ah'-om-ahee
Verb
Definition
1. to cure, heal
2. to make whole
a. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Isaiah 19:

22: And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.
23: In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.
24: In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
25: Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Isaiah 57:

12: I will declare thy righteousness, and thy works; for they shall not profit thee.
13: When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;
14: And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
15: For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
16: For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
17: For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
18: I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
19: I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
20: But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
21: There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

1 Peter 2:

24. his own self--there being none other but Himself who could have done it. His voluntary undertaking of the work of redemption is implied. The Greek puts in antithetical juxtaposition, OUR, and His OWN SELF, to mark the idea of His substitution for us. His "well-doing" in His sufferings is set forth here as an example to servants and to us all (1 Peter 2:20).
bare--to sacrifice: carried and offered up: a sacrificial term. Isaiah 53:11,12, "He bare the sin of many": where the idea of bearing on Himself is the prominent one; here the offering in sacrifice is combined with that idea. So the same Greek means in 1 Peter 2:5.
our sins--In offering or presenting in sacrifice (as the Greek for "bare" implies) His body, Christ offered in it the guilt of our sins upon the cross, as upon the altar of God, that it might be expiated in Him, and so taken away from us. Compare Isaiah 53:10, "Thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin." Peter thus means by "bare" what the Syriac takes two words to express, to bear and to offer: (1) He hath borne our sins laid upon Him [namely, their guilt, curse, and punishment]; (2) He hath so borne them that He offered them along with Himself on the altar. He refers to the animals upon which sins were first laid, and which were then offered thus laden [VITRINGA]. Sin or guilt among the Semitic nations is considered as a burden lying heavily upon the sinner [GESENIUS].
on the tree--the cross, the proper place for One on whom the curse was laid: this curse stuck to Him until it was legally (through His death as the guilt-bearer) destroyed in His body: thus the handwriting of the bond against us is cancelled by His death.
that we being dead to sins--the effect of His death to "sin" in the aggregate, and to all particular "sins," namely, that we should be as entirely delivered from them, as a slave that is dead is delivered from service to his master. This is our spiritful standing through faith by virtue of Christ's death: our actual mortification of particular sins is in proportion to the degree of our effectually being made conformable to His death. "That we should die to the sins whose collected guilt Christ carried away in His death, and so LIVE TO THE RIGHTEOUSNESS (compare Isaiah 53:11. 'My righteous servant shall justify many'), the gracious relation to God which He has brought in" [STEIGER].
by whose stripes--Greek, "stripe."
ye were healed--a paradox, yet true. "Ye servants (compare 'buffeted,' 'the tree,' 1 Peter 2:20,24) often bear the strife; but it is not more than your Lord Himself bore; learn from Him patience in wrongful sufferings.
25. (Isaiah 53:6.)
For--Assigning their natural need of healing (1 Peter 2:24).
now--Now that the atonement for all has been made, the foundation is laid for individual conversion: so "ye are returned," or "have become converted to," &c.
Shepherd and Bishop--The designation of the pastors and elders of the Church belongs in its fullest sense to the great Head of the Church, "the good Shepherd." As the "bishop" oversees (as the Greek term means), so "the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous" (1 Peter 3:12). He gives us His spirit and feeds and guides us by His word. "Shepherd," Hebrew, "Parnas," is often applied to kings, and enters into the composition of names, as "Pharnabazus."

WhiteEagle:

When James 5:15-16 says : "The prayer of faith will save the sick person and the Lord shall raise him up; and IF he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins on to another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful."

So how do you comprehend this when people aren't healed?

Caretaker:

James 5:
15: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

The prayer of faith entails both the prayer of the sick person and the prayer of the elders, who in faith meet the requirments of this passage. But it suggests much more, because this faith is effectual. Some sick have had little faith, yet have been healed (Acts 3:4-8); others like Paul have have had great faith, yet have not been healed (2 Cor. 12:7-10). Further, those who possessed the gift of healing in the early church were at times unable to perform healing as they may have wished (2 Tim. 4:20).

The Greek text suggests this rendering, "The prayer produced by the faith will heal". The prayer that results from true faith is effective. Elijah experienced this prayer of faith (James 5:17-18). Elijah knew God's Word and will, and so persistantly prayed (1 Kings 18:36, 37, 42-46). Faith is people acting according to God's known purpose (1 John 5:14). The prayer of faith does not include a gift of healing. It does not exert extraordinary spiritual strength (Acts 3:12); otherwise all spiritual christians would be healthy (3 John 2). Nor does it merely involve the ritual of James 5:14. The prayer of faith discerns God's will and perseveres until it is accomplished. God's will however, is NOT to heal in every case, and TRUE faith can discern and accept that (Romans 8:26-27).

Although God does not always choose to heal, He sometimes does. When a Christian is sick he should confess his known sins, and God may heal him if the sickness is due to sin. He may also ask the elders in the church to annoint him with oil and pray for him. Some diseases experienced by Christians today could be prevented by trusting God as Yahweh-Rapha, the Lord Who Heals You, and allow Him to deal with those things in their lives causing stress, anger, worry (Ex. 15:16, James 5:14-16; Matt. 19:140).

WhiteEagle your adherence to the WOF heresy causes you to intrinsicly place the blame for the sickness upon the patient, in your heart to denigrate the faith of the patient, from your supposed position of sapiritual superiority.

Your theology would have blamed Paul as having a lack of faith for leaving someone sick, or not being healed of his "thorn".

Repent WhiteEagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2Cr 4:15 For all things [are] for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

2Cr 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

2Cr 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;

2Cr 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.
Correlating Passagesour

2Cr 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I [am] more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

2Cr 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty [stripes] save one.

2Cr 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

2Cr 11:26 [In] journeyings often, [in] perils of waters, [in] perils of robbers, [in] perils by [mine own] countrymen, [in] perils by the heathen, [in] perils in the city, [in] perils in the wilderness, [in] perils in the sea, [in] perils among false brethren;

2Cr 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

2Cr 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Psa 30:5 For his anger [endureth but] a moment; in his favour [is] life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy [cometh] in the morning.

Isa 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Act 20:23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you].
worketh

Psa 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Psa 119:71 [It is] good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Phl 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

2Th 1:6 Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Hbr 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.

Hbr 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Jam 1:3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Jam 1:4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Jam 1:12 Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

When James 5:15-16 says : "The prayer of faith will save the sick person and the Lord shall raise him up; and IF he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins on to another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful."

So how do you comprehend this when people aren't healed?

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement