Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » I need some input...please. (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: I need some input...please.
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace and Cefaison,

Amen to your postings with which I am in agreement! God Bless!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I begin, in fairness I would like to give you the opportunity to retract what you are saying as I was taught from my youth to always be a gentleman.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cefaison:
Look at Biblical history. God has always taken His children out of harm's way prior to major judgments. Noah was warned to build the ark and board it before the flood. Lot was told to flee before God reigned down judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah. It is in line with Biblical history that the Rapture will occur prior to the tribulation period.In Christ,Christie

Amen - When I post on any forum I put careful thought into it, and do discerning Bible study. Also, we can always learn great lessons from good Bible teaching of those who have done research in eschatology. I would never give an answer unless it were Bible based.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is from another forum but it will work here to I guess
1st Corinthians 15:51-52-- Behold I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep (the sleep of death) but we shall be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling (wink) of an eye AT THE LAST TRUMP; for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptable and we (who are still alive) shall be changed.

1st Thess 4:16--For the Master Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout with the voice of the archangel and with the trump (trumpet) of Yahweh, and the dead in Messiah shall rise first...

Ok these are two of the verses that are used for a rapture. Now I'm not denying the rapture but here is the verse that talks about the last trump.

Revelation 11: 15-18 And the seventh angel sounded and there were great voices in heaven saying: the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ and He shall reign forever and ever. And the twenty-and-four elders which sat before God on their seats fell upon their faces and worshipped God, saying: We give thanks to thee O Yahweh Elohim El Shaddai (almighty) which art and was and are to come, because thou hast taken to thee thy great power and hast reigned. And the nations were angry and thy wrath has come AND THE TIME OF THE DEAD that they should be judged and thou should give reward to thy servants the prophets and to the saints and them that FEAR THY NAME small and great..and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth.

Ok now go back and read everything that happens before the seventh and last trump. If you read all that happens before the last trump you will see that the church is here after the death of the witnesses.

Now compare the verse in Rev. to this verse in Isaiah.

Isa.27:13 13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

Now when is all this happening? At the last trump. What happens before the last trump? The witnesses come on the scene along with the antichrist and Christians are still here.

Thats just a small part i could go deeper but it may have to wait.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cefaison
Advanced Member
Member # 4955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cefaison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at Biblical history. God has always taken His children out of harm's way prior to major judgments. Noah was warned to build the ark and board it before the flood. Lot was told to flee before God reigned down judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah. It is in line with Biblical history that the Rapture will occur prior to the tribulation period.
In Christ,
Christie

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in the rapture and it will come about.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said whitesands777. If all the pre-tribbers would take your advice then the mish-mash that they are so quick to give us would not exist. But then, what would they do with all of there free time? I know they could go into academia; there no one would ever be able to figure out that they can not read. For example they can’t even recognize the little word “if” when they see it.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the scriptures carefully...Back up scripture with other scripture and not our opinions and we will have the truth.
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

rancan6776,

Your question about the word “elect” is somewhat vague. Will you give the definition or would you like for one of us to give it?

In regards to your point about being a pre-tribber:

About 95% of Protestantism is futuristic when it comes to the rapture theory. For the sake of discussion I will go ahead and define this belief system.

1) The rapture is secret
2) After the rapture the 70th week of Daniel kicks in, (a seven year period known as the Great Tribulation period)
3) A world dictator appears on the scene described as the dreaded “Anti-Christ”
4) This dreaded “Anti-Christ” makes a packed with Israel which ushers in the fabulous “blood sacrificial system”
5) Towards the middle of the seven year period or Daniels 70th week the “Anti-Christ” breaks his pack with Israel and goes about destroying all things godly.

This system is preposterous as every one of these points can be dispensed with if you take the meaning of scripture in its simplicity.

AMH

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last Sunday night I just caught the last part of an excellant sermon by Dr. Adrian Rogers, explaining why he believes the Rapture will be pre-trib.

He explained that even the disciples were looking for Jesus' return. They were looking for Jesus, not the anti-christ. The church should be looking for Jesus, not the anti-christ.

"The saints are always living at the edge of eternity.

Such as God made powerful efforts to remove Lot and his family from the city of Sodom before he burned the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, and such as he protected Noah and his family from the flood wiping out the wickedness of this world, he will remove the church from this wicked world before the tribulation."

I Thes 1:9-10
They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

"Wrath is for sinners, not saints."

To me this scripture says it all.

I Thess. 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

I could never figure out the view that millions of people will be caught up into the clouds, then have to make a u-turn and come back to earth again.??

There is a lot of pain and strife in this old world, but it is God's compassionate desire for us to draw nigh unto to Him, where we will receive refuge through His mighty grace and mercy, which to me would also mean refuge from the tribulation.

Psalm 59:16 But as for me, I will sing about your power. I will shout with joy each morning because of your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety in the day of distress.

[rapture]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last 12 months are so I have really been digging and praying about the timing of the rapture. Before that I really didnt give it much thought nor did I think the timing was important. I started out a pre-tribber( I did not know that that belief had a name nor did I know that there was actually different views on the topic). I was actually fascinated at the way some interpreted scripture. So after countless numbers of threads and reading the scriptures being used I took on the view of being a post-tribber. But this week I realized that there are some assumptions in all views. So I have taken out all the assumptions used to support each view and this is what was left. We all know that God is not the author of confusion so why should we believe that the word "elect" that was used in the old testament means anything but the original meaning. Why would God change the meaning of this word?

sorry if this has been discussed before...

I am not trying to start a debate either, just probing and asking questions.... [rapture]

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement