Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Oh No, I Think I Just Lost My Salvation! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Oh No, I Think I Just Lost My Salvation!
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To bad we are not children, tossed to and fro, and carried about by the sleight of your sillyness and your long winded post.

Repent and harden not your heart as those that did in the provocation.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thanks! It is so rare that anyone calls me that. That is not wyldV's concern though. He is concerned that once one is saved, they are always so, and that what I say will ruin it for them, making 'not once saved always saved null'. Therefore he would be wrong. He cannot accept that, so he perpetually makes the sign of the cross, and mumbles as though he is warding off a vampire who is after 'little ones'.

What is true is what matters. No matter whether you want it to be, the truth will not cater to your wishes Cain. You must submit to the truth rather than 'expect' your offering to be acceptable because you think it is better.

He is supposing to add afflictions to my bonds, preaching Christ of contention to beguile unstable souls and make me look like a villian because I cannot keep silent every time he trashes the floor after my posts.

Does that make me grouchy? [youpi] What he says is not edifying, but destructive, harming unstable souls. For on my part, better to err on the side of safety (if it were error) than to presume, which is what osas does, eliminating the 'fear' of God and the need to be "instant in season, and out." For asos eliminates one's responsibility to God and one another, disregarding the equivalant of the Ten Commandments, condensed into two, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength, and thy neighbor as thyself," makng one unaccountable, and without penalty. Why should one bother if they are saved anyway?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't speak for WildB, and he doesn't need me to. But I think he just wants to remind all of us of the huge importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

We love you too Michael...you grouch. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You keep it up wyldB. Your repetitions of the same post speak for themselves, for all to see. Your reproof is without merit. If what you say is true, then you don't have anything to worry about. But it appears that you do worry.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Once Sealed Always Sealed”until the day of redemption is not a damnable doctrine of the devil.

And those that accurse the work of the Holy Spirits part are nigh unto commiting the great sin.

Read prayerfully,

Eph.4
[30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

and

Matt.12
[31] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
[32] And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

So if you are saying the sealing power of the Holy Spirit untill the day of redemtion is a doctrine of the devil are you not in fact doing the same thing that the Pharisees did in regaurds to the operation of the Holy Spirit in their day?

You don't understand it so you think to speak your long winded words against it but in reality your new age blasphemy against the Holy Ghost can cause the little ones to fall.

Matt.18
[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

And rather than start a new topic, here is the end of the arguement for asos. (Sos! I am sorry to be so mean. But....)

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

For this corruptible: If it were otherwise, it would be the incorruptable, present tense accepted. But it is not! Until one puts on the incorruption, one is still corruptable. If it is corruptible it is capable of losing out by its very nature. So that if:

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

...we are still corruptible, then we do not inherit!

Amen!

I love you all. Even if you dissagree, I do still, because He does.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I have discussed the difference between "Faith in" and the "Faith of" in this forum before, as Eden and oneinchrist will remember. There is a difference.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Are you saved wyldbe? Because you seem paranoid, which is not a fruit of the Spirit.

2Ti 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
"Once Sealed Always Sealed”until the day of redemption is not a damnable doctrine of the devil.

And those that accurse the work of the Holy Spirits part are nigh unto commiting the great sin.

Read prayerfully,

Eph.4
[30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

and

Matt.12
[31] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
[32] And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

So if you are saying the sealing power of the Holy Spirit untill the day of redemtion is a doctrine of the devil are you not in fact doing the same thing that the Pharisees did in regaurds to the operation of the Holy Spirit in their day?

You don't understand it so you think to speak your long winded words against it but in reality your new age blasphemy against the Holy Ghost can cause the little ones to fall.

Matt.18
[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I'm not sure you are unsure about my being sure, so that where you are sure is not where I am sure who is sure or not sure.

I am glad for you that you are sure if you are saved because of it. It's just that there a couple of nagging issues that may be of concern which possibly indicate misplaced faith, or misunderstood mechanics, which may or may not be a big deal. But if you are sure, you must answer to Him, not anyone else. So you have to be sure for yourself. No one else can, just like no one else can 'believe' for you. You must believe, and even Jesus cannot believe for you if you do not believe (unless you ask Him to because you are having trouble doing it, in which case you exercise some degree of faith in reaching out to Him).

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Im not counting on anything of myself, Jesus Christ is the believer in me.
That statement creates a wonderful opportunity to plug the KJV concerning the translating of the "Faith of" Jesus as written therein. Some weaker translations think nothing of stating it as "Faith in" wherever the phrase is found (Particularly the NIV!!!) But there is a difference and they are not true to it.

The "Faith of" Jesus would be what you describe here. It is quite true, to be observed. However, the KJV also uses "Faith in" where appropiate. By your comment, you seem to have eliminated this part of the 'equation', passing it off as either irrelevant, or nonexistant. Such is not the case. Your 'participation' IS necessary, for that is how He created us. And your participation is the "Faith in" part, which realizes the "Faith of" part only when practiced, exercised, or initiated. In other words, if you were perhaps talking to a nonbeliever, you might council the one to 'choose' to believe, for it is an act of the will, and it is a choice without which no transaction between the one and Him will take place.

Jesus Christ is the one with faith in Himself, as you have stated which would be as per the Eph verses 8&9; but it is not realized except by 'believing' in Him, which effects the 'receiving' of Him, else the 'faith' is in vain. For many believe in Him, but not unto receiving Him. They do not benefit by believing without receiving, which requires submissive belief, which means "going under the cross."

By your estimation, everyone everywhere is saved because Jesus is the believer, which settles it for everyone. [Frown] [Confused] [Frown]

[thumbsup2]

You exist, therefore you participate, or don't. Thereisaplace for those who don't, or who think they do but don't.

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
I was going to ask what denomination you identify with, but I remember that you said you have been Catholic, and then Assemblies. So then you said that one should go directly to the source. I agree with you there. However something isn't adding up. I'm not quite sure that you have gone to the source, properly so.

When your sure let me know, Im sure I have, Im not sure your sure of me not being sure though, what do you base your unsureness on ? and before you answer....are you sure ?

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not counting on anything of myself, Jesus Christ is the believer in me.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I was going to ask what denomination you identify with, but I remember that you said you have been Catholic, and then Assemblies. So then you said that one should go directly to the source. I agree with you there. However something isn't adding up. I'm not quite sure that you have gone to the source, properly so.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Chapter and verse? You don't need chapter and verse. You will only accuse one of building a false concept around it. For you, read the red lettered verses in the gospels. Jesus is clear. Mainline denominations are not completely off base. For the most part, they understand what He says there. Any one of them can council you concerning this.

Eph 2:8~9 fits in well with this. "For by grace [which is God doing what you cannot] are ye saved through faith [but not without believing] which is not of your self. [Believing is your part. You will find this repeated over and over in the gospels.] It is the 'gift' of God [to those who believe] Not of works [not of one's own doing] lest any man should boast [that he helped God do it (salvation)]."

|Now it says that it is not of works. Yet, the very next sentence states that we are: "Created 'in' Christ Jesus unto good works!" It is not by 'works' [doing] but we are nevertheless created unto good works [having]. It is not works that we 'do' as if we can take credit. It is that we are vessles of His works, which He does; to this end, "that we should 'walk' in them. Selah! He does the doing. That eliminates out 'striving' to do what we cannot.

But to the end that you said that this verifies asos, well, we can go back to the fact that faith is not of ourself, but without belief, faith doesn't happen. In fact wyldb posted a beautiful sermon by Stam where he says that faith is a noun, which is something we have that is not ours. It is His. And belief is the verb, which is our participation, that which opens the door for Him to work. It is beautifully stated and and I am blessed to be Stam's brother.

Without that belief, faith is dead. Works are dead. And anyone can look in the gospels to see how many times Jesus asks, 'Believe ye that I can do this?" So without belief, asos is dead. That is to say, abiding belief. For if one does not abide in Him, he abides in unbelief.

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
Originally posted by ANM:
Anyway, Gods alot bigger than we can fathom, I figure if we are gonna come up with truths based on the word of god, then we ought to take it all into account. Theres alot of different belief systems floating around, some right and some wrong. The wrong ones are usually birthed out of a previous false belief system and so on. I certainly do not know everything,but what Im pretty darn sure about ...Im pretty darn sure about based on pondering lots o different views. Some people just want to be right even if they are wrong, they're not really concerned with truth, they are more concerned with being the know it all, they are at this point(theres always hope) unteachable. Pride plays a role in this I think. Anyway, heres the scripture I promised ya, actually if you read the whole chapter and take all things into account you'll see what I mean, don't take one scripture and form a belief system around it....it will be false. Ther best way to really understand what something means is to ask the Lord what it means, as far as Im concerned until you ask him...your probably wrong no matter where you heard it from, thats a good rule of thumb anyway.

romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
"The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins."[g]
28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now[h] receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. 32For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

By the way anyone who does'nt believe OSAS....check out vs 29 and ask yourself if salvation is a gift, better yet , read eph 2:8-9, then ask yourself again according to the word of god if you can lose your salvation.

--------------------
whats up?

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Anyway, Gods alot bigger than we can fathom, I figure if we are gonna come up with truths based on the word of god, then we ought to take it all into account. Theres alot of different belief systems floating around, some right and some wrong. The wrong ones are usually birthed out of a previous false belief system and so on. I certainly do not know everything,but what Im pretty darn sure about ...Im pretty darn sure about based on pondering lots o different views. Some people just want to be right even if they are wrong, they're not really concerned with truth, they are more concerned with being the know it all, they are at this point(theres always hope) unteachable. Pride plays a role in this I think. Anyway, heres the scripture I promised ya, actually if you read the whole chapter and take all things into account you'll see what I mean, don't take one scripture and form a belief system around it....it will be false. Ther best way to really understand what something means is to ask the Lord what it means, as far as Im concerned until you ask him...your probably wrong no matter where you heard it from, thats a good rule of thumb anyway.

romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
"The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins."[g]
28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now[h] receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. 32For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

--------------------
whats up?

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
I'll be glad to read your post. I may learn something. However, to say that any Jews since Jesus was crucified are saved without knowing His name, is serious error. They cannot be saved A.D. but by that name.

Chapter and verse please ?

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I'll be glad to read your post. I may learn something. However, to say that any Jews since Jesus was crucified are saved without knowing His name, is serious error. They cannot be saved A.D. but by that name.
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
I guess that everybody is saved, hhh? Nobody goes to hell. In fact, it probably doesn't exist?

Actually, the way that you make a stand on this probably means that you think that Buddah is another way to heaven?

It is not 'judgment' to discern that when Jesus says that He is the way, the truth and the life, that no man comes to the Father but by Him, He means tho no man is saved by any other person. He is the link. He is the missing key which one must find. The door is closed and locked without Him. Jesus we preach, and the way of the Cross cannot be shorted. He who comes in another way beside the gate is a thief and robber.

Is this the Rodesianridgeback? Because you sound like him/her.

No, only those God gives faith too are saved, thats what I believe. You sure assume alot about me or perhaps we should call it premature judgements, anyway you did'nt answer my question about why abraham and all the other jews were saved. I have scripture backing what Im saying, Ill post it a little later.

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
The ministration of death and condemnation is the law, the ministration of righteousness is the spirit, you live under law if you like, there is no condemnation in that except for your condemnation for yourself and those around you that you condemn with the law
John 12:47 "And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."

|I condemn no one. You have 'placed' that upon me as though I have. It is the casting of one in a false light, which so easily sticks when read by the weak minded. You justify yourself. You rather, judge me.

quote:
not only am I fre from the wages of sin which is the transgression of the law, I am fre from the power of the law.
|I don't think so! If you are, you may be the only one in history. You are not free from the wages of sin. You are not free from the power of the law. You are free from the power of breaking the law, which is sin" that is, if you have faith. I don't think you will find much scripture to support your belief.

Joh 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

|He that believeth not is condemned already. In that he believes not in the freedom from sin, he believes not on the name of the only begotten Son of God, who is that freedom.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Michael Harrison, I agree with your post right above this one. I was recently thinking what a wild thing it actually is that I actually believe that someone--anyone--has raised from the dead??? [roll on floor]

But the Bible makes it very believable, thanks be to God. [Bible]

love, eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I guess that everybody is saved, hhh? Nobody goes to hell. In fact, it probably doesn't exist?

Actually, the way that you make a stand on this probably means that you think that Buddah is another way to heaven?

It is not 'judgment' to discern that when Jesus says that He is the way, the truth and the life, that no man comes to the Father but by Him, He means tho no man is saved by any other person. He is the link. He is the missing key which one must find. The door is closed and locked without Him. Jesus we preach, and the way of the Cross cannot be shorted. He who comes in another way beside the gate is a thief and robber.

Is this the Rodesianridgeback? Because you sound like him/her.

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
I don't knnow of any Jew since Jesus was crucified, who is saved unless he is a believer in Christ Jesus, and under HIS blood. There is one name given under heaven whereby man shall be saved. That is Jesus Christ. Whoso does not believe on Him is not saved.

This is fundamental to almost every denomination that I know. It is because scripture declares it. So your view would place you borderng on a cult.

(I would have rather avoided this.)

Your view puts you in the judgement seat, say what you will, I disagree.

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I don't knnow of any Jew since Jesus was crucified, who is saved unless he is a believer in Christ Jesus, and under HIS blood. There is one name given under heaven whereby man shall be saved. That is Jesus Christ. Whoso does not believe on Him is not saved.

This is fundamental to almost every denomination that I know. It is because scripture declares it. So your view would place you borderng on a cult.

(I would have rather avoided this.)

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
You confuse me ANM. The first part of this post sounded really right on! However, when you said this, you really opened a can of worms:

Qwote! The jews are saved because they believe in the messiah, they just don't know his name yet.

That tells me where you really are at, for it is impossible for the Jews who do not know Jesus, to be saved (present tense). If they don't even know His Name, they certainly are not. So that throws the rest of what you say you believe, in complete doubt. Either you don't really believe it, or you have a formulation which is doctrinally substantive, but without Christ in it. You have revealed yourself. What are you really about? For all I know now, you are really a Muslim. What say ye? Do you come here to mock the forum?

Well, why was abraham(a jew) saved ? Why was any jew ever saved ? That should be enough to answer your question if you think on it.

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

You confuse me ANM. The first part of this post sounded really right on! However, when you said this, you really opened a can of worms:

Qwote! The jews are saved because they believe in the messiah, they just don't know his name yet.

That tells me where you really are at, for it is impossible for the Jews who do not know Jesus, to be saved (present tense). If they don't even know His Name, they certainly are not. So that throws the rest of what you say you believe, in complete doubt. Either you don't really believe it, or you have a formulation which is doctrinally substantive, but without Christ in it. You have revealed yourself. What are you really about? For all I know now, you are really a Muslim. What say ye? Do you come here to mock the forum?

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
I bet Lot's wife is still saved - too! [Big Grin] Uh-huh!

I have always thought of 'looking back' as looking back to before you were saved. It is a loving the world thing, which is confirmed by what happened to Lot's wife! That doesn't seem to parallel with a 'law', or 'wineskin', or leaven, or foolish thing! Those Hebrews who are now completed Jews might be predisposed to look at it this way. Perhaps this is you? But I see it as a looking back to the world thing. That would be a falling from grace thing.

Concerning Galations, and the 'works' thing; just because it is not by works, it doesn't mean that we are not having the law fulfilled in us. Otherwise we are not abiding in Him, but rather 'in the flesh'. Do we know what the Bible says about that? So to justify the misery of perpetual failure, do we rationalize it to mean that we are clean, even though we are dirty. That is what it means to some; most; in fact, almost everybody. This was Paul's beef.

So he addresses it. To be dirty is to be outside the law. There is no justification for that.

I am in christ, he nailed the law to the cross, he abolished it with iots statutes and ordinances, not only am I fre from the wages of sin which is the transgression of the law, I am fre from the power of the law. The law is the power of sin, no longer must I be under its power unless I choose too. The "world" lusts to keep law, ask any unbeliever why they think they are going to heaven, they say cause they are good people.....which means they strive to keep the law, the world is the law, it is the old way which never really was able to produce righteousness. The jews are saved because they believe in the messiah, they just don't know his name yet. The ministration of death and condemnation is the law, the ministration of righteousness is the spirit, you live under law if you like, there is no condemnation in that except for your condemnation for yourself and those around you that you condemn with the law, Ill just keep walking by Gods grace through faith.

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet Lot's wife is still saved - too! [Big Grin] Uh-huh!

I have always thought of 'looking back' as looking back to before you were saved. It is a loving the world thing, which is confirmed by what happened to Lot's wife! That doesn't seem to parallel with a 'law', or 'wineskin', or leaven, or foolish thing! Those Hebrews who are now completed Jews might be predisposed to look at it this way. Perhaps this is you? But I see it as a looking back to the world thing. That would be a falling from grace thing.

Concerning Galations, and the 'works' thing; just because it is not by works, it doesn't mean that we are not having the law fulfilled in us. Otherwise we are not abiding in Him, but rather 'in the flesh'. Do we know what the Bible says about that? So to justify the misery of perpetual failure, do we rationalize it to mean that we are clean, even though we are dirty. That is what it means to some; most; in fact, almost everybody. This was Paul's beef.

So he addresses it. To be dirty is to be outside the law. There is no justification for that.

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
quote:
Mike,

"Therefore you have not passed from death to life in the fullness that He intends."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Therefore you are not saved, right?

It is not a question of 'saved' here. It is a matter of 'Treasure laid up in Heaven'. The fullness that He intends fits the description of 'Know Him'. Just because one does not know Him in the fullness does not mean that he or she is not saved. Nevertheless, one does not want to take anything for granted lest they take too much for granted.

"No one putting his hand to the plow and looking back is fit for the Kingdom." They are not fit to receive the Kingdom of God. It would be like how living on junk food is to the body. It cannot be healthy and full of vibrance. But there is still a body there. Yet, if one persists, presumably one could 'expire' from malnutrition. In that case a malnurished saint could be thought of like a dead flower planted among those flush with beauty and life, there in heaven. I should think that the gardener would pluck out that flower and put one there that is pretty. (The parable of the talents expressed differently!)

Then on the other hand, what do we look back at? I say we look back to the law, its the wineskin thing, the leaven of the pharisees thing, the foolish galation thing, the falling from grace thing....look ahead to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Lots wife looked back.....

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Mike,

"Therefore you have not passed from death to life in the fullness that He intends."

It is not a question of 'saved' here. It is a matter of 'Treasure laid up in Heaven'. The fullness that He intends fits the description of 'Know Him'. Just because one does not know Him in the fullness does not mean that he or she is not saved. Nevertheless, one does not want to take anything for granted lest they take too much for granted.

"No one putting his hand to the plow and looking back is fit for the Kingdom." They are not fit to receive the Kingdom of God [in the now]. It would be like how living on junk food is to the body. The body cannot be healthy and full of vibrance this way. But there is still a body there. Yet, if one persists, presumably one could 'expire' from malnutrition. In that case a malnurished saint could be thought of like a dead flower planted among those flush with beauty and life, there in heaven. I should think that the gardener would pluck out that flower and replace it with one there that is pretty. (The parable of the talents expressed differently!)

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Bible]

quote:
Qwote! 4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)
Here is where I have trouble with 'translations' other than the "Authorized King James Version." When you tell someone to read the word the way it is written, how can they if it is subtly modified, which so much of each recent translation is. And some of these translations only 'feed' the imagination that a reader already has because the translator already thinks the same way.

KJV
Eph 2:4 "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,"
Eph 2:5 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"

The Billy Graham Library is in Charlotte N.C. Come visit it! [Bible]

So, you say you cannot see a difference! I will keep it simple and point out only one: "By grace ye are saved." That is different than in the translation above. The above reads: "It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!"

The difference is that the translation above says "have been saved." The King James Version, true to the truth states, "Are saved!" There is a difference between tenses. The above translation is past tense. The KJV says "are," present tense. This is significant in that one's salvation is maintained by abiding in the Ark (a present activity), where the above assumes no responsibility, considering it to be done. (This is not the meaning of done!) This goes back to what I said about participation. We participate, or we do not benefit. If one puts 'saved' as being past tense, then there is no participation after the fact of one's salvation. Therefore there is no 'obedience' needed. That would be 'predestined' in spite of one's self. This is not the intention of the Spirit.

Now, the law still is in effect. How to fulfill the law is what has changed. One does not disregard the law and get away with it. It is enforced.

Let's look at this: Government tries to regulate everything. Here is the difference between the way our forefathers established our government to work, in a nutshell, and the way so many other governments work. Whereas our forefathers desired "Limited Government" other governments try to control everything, which is miserable. (But we are tending towards this very thing with a vengence.) But for illustration: If for example we were to make a law to regulate the weather, it would not be a law. We cannot control the weather. The ingredient that makes a 'law' to be what it is is the fact that it CAN be 'enforced'. We cannot enforce a law to control the weather, therefore the law would not be a law because it would be impotent. It would be wishful thinking.

But in our Christian lives, the law 'still applies', though it is not by our 'striving to accomplish it' that it is is effected. That does not mean that it isn't a requirement to be fulfilled. And here is where we are either 'in' or 'out'. Being 'out' is a dangerous place to be.

For some say that grace makes one to be a saved ball of dirt by something "HE did" an eon ago. But that is not what grace does. Grace effects the necessary change in the present. This is why we are either in or out, in that, some see grace as 'pardoning' in His eyes; whereas that belongs to forgiveness. But grace changes, if through 'faith' one understands this: For by grace you are saved, by faith (that is, as you believe) in that which He 'is' doing (grace), and we are therefore benefiting thereof, by His grace (by His doing what needs to be done) by the very believing, which is our part, and without which nothing happens. It is our obedience, so that it could read, "By grace are ye 'being' saved, through faith, which you don't have, but it is imparted to you by your very believing, which is your participation in His saving grace, which enables His Grace to be 'manifest' in your life.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

If that is the case, where falls the sinner? The price was paid for them, but they don't benefit. Likewise, for the believer, the price is paid. It does not become unpaid. But the payment is of none effect if one is not in the Ark, to take the ride which another paid for.
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying you can lose Salvation is equivalent to saying that you can be un-Redeemed; That the price that was paid becomes somewhow unpaid.

We had no part in making that payment. How could we unpay it after it was paid by another?

You can believe it or not believe it, but you cant undo it. Otherwise Christ's sacrifice would be rendered 'of no effect'.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ephesians 2:4 - 10 (NLT)

4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) 6 For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. 7 So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. 8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Ephesians 2:4 - 10 (KJV)

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

When someone rationalizes scripture to fit their understanding, they have only judgment to look forward to, no matter how rosey they think things are. If osas turns out to be meaningless, it is going to hurt. They who 'fear' God, do not leave this to chance, or trust their neighbor who 'agrees' with them.
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

So still, once saved always saved turns out to be the truth, even after all the twisting that was done.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
[type]
quote:
And an enemy to God would be someone trying to keep law therefore producing a love for the things of this world.

On the one hand what you say is similar to something that I am familiar with. On the other hand you throw in some odd things. No! The adultery that he is talking about is not physical. It is the ho ring of the heart.

Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

When you say that the verse implies that an enemy of God is somebody trying to keep the law, I find it strange. He is talking about believers who are 'abandoning' the law to love the world. Strange! They are flat out dishing the Law to enjoy the pleasure of lust and sin for a season. It is in the trying to 'love the world' and at the same time, do it while participating in the body of Christ, that leads (in the particular example) to the wars among them.

[Many a man has a concept that he seeks to confirm by the word. That is problematic! There is no humility in proving what you believe by the word. There is in letting the word 'prove' what to believe. There is a lot to be said about this.]

~

quote:
Apart from law sin is dead.
No! It sounds like you are saying that apart from the law, sin is ok - inescapable, the norm! That is a common belief nowadays (ever since, and including the epistles). Here is where we lay down a big DUH! If sin is occuring, it is not dead. So consider this:

Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;"
Heb 10:17 "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."

This is the New Covenant. He will 'put' HIS laws in our hearts. That is a far cry from doing away with the law. And the reason that their sins and iniquities will be remembered no more is because:

Heb 10:18 "Where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin."

No more offering for sin is necessary simply because there is remission. Remission means 'deliverance', 'freedom from'. This means that they are not guilty by way of not commiting them, which victory occurs by faith.

For this to be in effect one must be sanctified:

Heb 10:14 "For by 'one' offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."

By one offering HE hath perfected 'them who are sanctified'. Therefore if one abides not in sanctification, he does not benefit! The epistles deal with this over and over. It is all they deal with nearly.

~

quote:
....Let me try to explain my view on sin...first, the sin that LEADS TO DEATH.
As I said before, 'sin' leads to death, period. We have the scripture verse from James to 'help' illustrate it! This will not change until we cross the River Jordan.

(There is just too much stuff here to address.)

quote:
Our issue that causes us to produce the fruit of the sinful nature is "unbelief". We don't believe that Jesus Christ is the end of the law for righteousness in every area of our life yet. Subconsciously we still think we need to keep law to attain righteousness,
This statement starts off well. But that Jesus Christ is the 'end of the law' means something different than you are taking it to mean. Jesus is the 'end' of the law by being the 'fulfillment' of the law. If you don't transgress Jesus, you don't transgress the law. So, we still need to 'keep' the law, however, not by trying. That is ultra paramount.

quote:
???
quote:
Lets say we happen to be coveting, we know coveting is the fruit of the sinful nature, the coveting is no longer sin because the law for righteousness has ben abolished, the coveting is now fruit, fruit that reveals Im striving to keep law which is the sin. I simply acknowledge the fruit, confess the "sin"

NO! [Frown] No no!
Don't covet! That is preferrable to 'acknowledging' and confessing the sin, which you accept as 'the norm'. The fruit of which you refer, which leads to the sin in the first place is "The Fruit of Unbelief." Yet you said that you have all of the faith that you need? If you have all the faith that you need, you will not bear the fruit of unbelief, which manifests the sin.

If you are 'dead', then you avoid 'striving to keep the law'. ??? If you are dead, (this is where faith comes in) you are dead to sinning. If you are trying to keep the law, then by nature of failing to keep the law, you produce the sin. (This sounds like what you are trying to say. I will give you credit!) If you are trying to keep the law, then you are alive (not Him).

Pay attention! You said, "The just shall live by faith," but they die by sin. Remember, it says that the 'just' shall live by faith. Therefore if they die by sin, they are, by nature of not 'living' by faith, not 'living' - but dying. (Not as though they are cut off from Him. But they could be if it continues.)

quote:
We have passed from death to life
In name only I am afraid! It is not the experience of one, but the wishful thinking of one. Yes, "Scripture says it: I believe it; that settles it." The key word in this sentence is 'believe'. If you say you believe, but fruit does not bear it out, you do not really. Therefore you have not passed from death to life in the fullness that He intends.

quote:
I think the strange thing you are missing as most of the christian church is this....
[Cross]
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
Uh huh yahsway! Good post. But that is so funny where you almost said, "You will know them by their 'produce'. I hope none of it is tomatoes!

ANM, I find what you say agreeable sometimes: Other times,strange.

Said ye:

Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death. I believe that scripture is to unbelievers only, otherwise everytime we sin we would be dead again. ....think on that a minute.

Well, If you think that Rom 6:23 is for unbelievers, you are not alone. Almost the entire Christian faith accepts the verse in that way. But here! Listen to James:

Jas 1:14 " But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lusts and enticed 5) Then when lust has conceivedit bringeth forth sin, and sin when it is finished bringeth forth death."

You are not dead in tresspasses and sin, as the unsaved, but you are dieing.

Concerning the passage on 1 John, the way you are using it would be presumption.

....think on this a minute:

James 4:4, where he is talking to Christians, mind you, "Ye adulterers and adultresses, know ye not that friendship with the world is emnity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world, is the enemy of God."

For you osasers, that sounds ominous!

He said that I said:

Sin is darkness!

So ye said:
Sin is not darkness, believing you are justified by your actions is darkness, believing you are justified by faith is light.

Huh? believing you are justified by your actions is not sin? It is the sin of unbelief.

Ye said:
Cleanses from all sin is a lifelong sanctification process, to walk in the light means to believe we are righteous and to take every thought captive and make it obedient.

That sounds like works to me i.e. being justified by your actions. You didn't read what I said about sanctification, did you. You make the assertionthat it is a lifelong process, but it is based on what you think, not on truth. I understand.I have to stop here. I'll read more of it later.

I think the strange thing you are missing as most of the christian church is this....Let me try to explain my view on sin...first, the sin that LEADS TO DEATH. Its the thing we did before salvation, its the transgression of the law, even the gentiles where a law unto themselves, no need to know the ten commandments because they did not,all have sinned and fallen short, the wages of sin is death,the soul that sinneth it shall die, you were dead in trespasses and sins and so on.

THE SIN THAT LEADS NOT TO DEATH.....is the thing we do after salvation,the law of the spirit has set you free from the law of sin and death... (seperation) duh lol we are free from the law that brings seperation,if I do the thing I do not want to do it is NOT I that does it but sin that dwelleth in me....what sin ? the sin that leads not unto death which is ...."self righteousness". I believe the transgression of the new covenent is not submitting to His righteousness but trying to attain it on our own by striving in the flesh to keep the law, that and that alone is the christians sin, Lets say we happen to be coveting, we know coveting is the fruit of the sinful nature, the coveting is no longer sin because the law for righteousness has ben abolished, the coveting is now fruit, fruit that reveals Im striving to keep law which is the sin. I simply acknowledge the fruit, confess the "sin"(trying to keep law for the purpose of pleasing God and obtaining righteousness rather than resting in his righteousness), this whole process is why Jesus warned of the leaven of the pharisee's, the legalism.

If we are constantly dying then what good was his "perfect" sacrifice. We have passed from death to life, Im not an advocate of living any way we want, the just shall live by faith.

Now... I believe we have been given faith by God, we have all the faith we ever will need. Our issue that causes us to produce the fruit of the sinful nature is "unbelief". We don't believe that Jesus Christ is the end of the law for righteousness in every area of our life yet. Subconsciously we still think we need to keep law to attain righteousness, the law is alive and well in our conscious and is the power of sin. I came from a catholic them AOG background, both systems in my opinion teach law and grace, the law has ben preached to me for years and years and in my conscience I think I have to keep it and once again if I engage my will to keep it ...it will produce its fruit. The fruit of the law is in my mind ...the fruit of the sinful nature. Romans 7: 5For when we were controlled by the sinful nature,[a] the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death.

So this law that produces fruit is in our conscience from every person that ever preached law to us, even things our parents said or teachers, we are all striving to please someone...especially God, whether we know it or not.

When we confess our sin (self righteousness) He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse. The boold of Christ cleans our conscience from dead works, dead works are laws we try to keep to obtain righteousness, when the law is removed by the blood from our conscience we no longer will produce the fruit of the law in that area any longer, the power of sin(the law) has been removed and apart from law sin is dead. We have now been cleansed from the unbelief in that area, and once again the unbelief is we don't believe we are righteous, we don't believe He is the end of the law for righteousness. Those thoughts have been taken captive and made obedient to the new covenent which is righteousness by faith. Now, because we no longer have law in us in that area the fruit of the Spirit can be produced without hindrance. Apart from law sin is dead.

To walk in the Spirit.....means believing Jesus Christ is the end of the law for righteousness in any particular area, its a process that gets worked out day by day. God reveals fruit for the purpose of revealing what law we are trying to keep, we confess trying to kep law, God cleanses us from law and the fruit of the Spirit is now able to grow.

By the way, when you quoted....

James 4:4, where he is talking to Christians, mind you, "Ye adulterers and adultresses, know ye not that friendship with the world is emnity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world, is the enemy of God."

The adultery he spoke of there is not physical. And an enemy to God would be someone trying to keep law therefore producing a love for the things of this world. He also said there is no condemnation in Christ , so the thing to do would be take those thoughts captive, make them obedient to righteousness by faith by the cleansing of the law from our conscience throught the blood . and the fruit of which he spoke there will be produced no more.

I gotta go ...later.. tom

--------------------
whats up?

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB OSAS said
quote:
I never hear any of you anti Once sealed Always Sealed people talk about the Prodical Son?

Whay is that?

Okay, WildB OSAS, you want some prodigal son?

Luke 15
7 I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner who repents, more than over 99 just persons who need no repentance.

11 And he said, A certain man had 2 sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me. And he divided to them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you,

19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and I am no more worthy to be called your son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.

23And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24For this my son was dead but is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

In v.24, the Father said the son was dead, but now the son is alive again, which means that before the son was dead (no longer a believer), the son must have been alive (was a believer). He was lost but he has been found again.

To me that means that the son believed in the beginning, then lost his belief, then he came to himself and said “this worldly living isn’t what I thought it would be” and so he became a believer again (he repented of his unbelief) and he stayed a believer until his death, and so he is saved. If he had not come to his senses in the field, he would still be lost and would have died an unsaved unbeliever.

So WildB OSAS, you said
quote:
I never hear any of you anti Once sealed Always Sealed people talk about the Prodical Son?
Thanks for reminding me of the parable. But by the way, I though OSAS meant "once saved, always saved", not "once sealed, always sealed"?

But, WildB, how do you see this prodigal son parable speaking ON BEHALF of OSAS?

love, eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Uh huh yahsway! Good post. But that is so funny where you almost said, "You will know them by their 'produce'. I hope none of it is tomatoes!

ANM, I find what you say agreeable sometimes: Other times,strange.

Said ye:

Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death. I believe that scripture is to unbelievers only, otherwise everytime we sin we would be dead again. ....think on that a minute.

Well, If you think that Rom 6:23 is for unbelievers, you are not alone. Almost the entire Christian faith accepts the verse in that way. But here! Listen to James:

Jas 1:14 " But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lusts and enticed 5) Then when lust has conceivedit bringeth forth sin, and sin when it is finished bringeth forth death."

You are not dead in tresspasses and sin, as the unsaved, but you are dying.

Concerning the passage on 1 John, the way you are using it would be presumption.

....think on this a minute:

James 4:4, Here he is talking to Christians, mind you, "Ye adulterers and adultresses, know ye not that friendship with the world is emnity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world, is the enemy of God."

For you osasers, that sounds ominous!

You said that I said:

Sin is darkness!

So ye said:
Sin is not darkness, believing you are justified by your actions is darkness, believing you are justified by faith is light.

Huh? believing you are justified by your actions is not sin? It is the sin of unbelief.

Ye said:
Cleanses from all sin is a lifelong sanctification process, to walk in the light means to believe we are righteous and to take every thought captive and make it obedient.

That sounds like works to me i.e. being justified by your actions. You didn't read what I said about sanctification, did you. You make the assertion that it is a lifelong process, but it is based on what you think, not on truth. I understand.I have to stop here. I'll read more of it later.

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I keep reading that Yeshua nailed the law to the cross or that the law was nailed to the cross.

I believe it was the ordiances of the law that was nailed to the cross, meaning it was the penalty for breaking the law that was nailed to the cross.
Yeshua(Jesus) went to the cross to pay for our SINS not to do away with the Law, for He even said that He did not come to do away with the law or the prophets and that not one jot or title would pass away from the law until heaven and earth were gone away.

Yeshua paid the price we should have paid for Breaking the Laws of God.

Gods laws still stands today and if one dies withouth the blood covering and faith of/in Yeshua then he will be judged by the laws of God.

We are to have the laws of God written on our Hearts, not written on stone. Do we have a heart of flesh or a heart of stone?

If one says i believe in Yeshua, yet continues in sin, maybe he has a heart of stone. And who are those who do not inherit the kingdom of God that the bible describes?

Neither Adulters, liars, murders ect.. I think this can be found in Rev.

Since flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, what does? Our sinful nature? or our new nature in Yeshua? What did Yeshua tell the woman who was about to be stoned after her accusers walked away?

"Go and sin no more".

I believe the heart of the matter is this. We cant really judge who is saved and who isnt. We do not have the capability to read the hearts and minds of people. There is only one possible way to get a clue as to whether one might be saved and that is looking at their life/lifestyle, the fruits they produc ect...

But even then we could be decieved in that Yeshua said that MANY in that day would say But Lord, Lord look what we did in your name ect..

And Yeshua tells them to depart from Me I never knew you, you workers of iniquity(lawlessness)

I believe the OSAS doctrine is a deception. I know sooo many people who believe in it and truly live like the devil himself and they are not afraid because as one of my friends said to me years ago "It does not matter what I do or dont do, I believe in Jesus."

How sad, seems like a life wasted when we should be letting His life work thru us, and letting Him do that work thru us, instead some cheapen what He has done and say okay, i accept Him because He doesnt require anything from me and doesnt care how i live after i accept him because once saved im always saved. Thats a great deal! But thats really a deception.

But Yeshua is coming back for a spotless bride. thourouly cleansed by Him, sold out completely to Him, an unadulterated Bride. Shalom

Looks to me like all of the law was abolished, makes sense too, other scriptueres now become clear where before you did,nt quite figure how they fit into your belief system.

Eph 2:15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

--------------------
whats up?

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
quote:
If I am in Christ I am as righteous as He is despite anything. Even if I am producing the fruit of the sinful nature because I am in the lifelong sanctification process I am as righteous as he is.
Not!

Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death."

Death is separation from God, cut off from the vine, oh vinedresser, from whence we draw the parallel of being cast into the fire.

The wage of sin is to be dead!

1Jn 1:3 "That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship [together] with us: 'as' truly, our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jn 1:4 "And these things write we unto you, that your 'joy' may be full."

Because:

1Jn 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

SO:

1Jn 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

Sin is darkness!

1Jn 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

That means that we are 'delivered' through the blood, for it says 'it cleanseth': not it covereth, or hideth.

The condition:

1Jn 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light..."

The result:

"...we have fellowship one with another, [Jesus and me, or thee] and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

That is an IS, not a lifelong sanctification process, unless it takes you that long to get it. However, it usually is just a justification for clinging to sin to insist that it is lifelong.

So to quote you once again:

quote:
If I am in Christ I am as righteous as He is despite anything.
If you are 'IN' Christ, which is the very same as to say (which is why we have such writings):

Then there is no 'despite anything', simply:

"...we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son 'cleanseth' us from all sin."

For you cannot be in sin, and have fellowship. You may have awareness of Him, but it is not fellowship.

Now, not just later!

Here is where the admonition on overcoming fits in. He who is not an overcomer, is a compromiser, who will 'justify' his condition by saying something like "Even if I am producing the fruit of the sinful nature because I am in the lifelong sanctification process I am as righteous as he is."

It is not so! You are departing from Him by sin. But Romans says: "Sin shall not have 'dominion' over you," which is to say that it cannot force you to do, or abide in it. For then you would be doing what Jesus is not, which would 'separate' you from Him.

And if sanctification is a lifelong process, what if you had only ten minutes to live from the time you met Christ? How sanctified would you be in ten minutes? If sanctification is a lifelong process, how long must you live to reach sanctification? If sanctification is a lifelong process, then clearly 'you' must have something to do with it, but you don't. So why is it a lifelong process?

Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death. I believe that scripture is to unbelievers only, otherwise everytime we sin we would be dead again. 1John 3:9 says he who is born of God cannot sin. ...I believe the sin he speaks of is the sin that leads to death or seperation, once we are saved we commit the sin that leads not to death which is always self righteousness which is trying on our own to be righteous, when we do that we produce the fruit of the sinful nature which is just that....fruit, fruit reveals that we are trying on our own and that thought has'nt been made obedient through prayer.
Bottom line is this....the thought that everytime we sin we are seperated from God is absolutely ridiculous and the cross is now worthless....think on that a minute.

1Jn 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

Sin is darkness!

Im gonna have to stop quotin ya and just say it....we cannot sin because sin is the transgression of the law, the law has been abolished for righteousness. The law is good and holy but we cannot and never have been able to obtain righteousness by the works of the law. Apart from law sin is dead, I am apart from the law and how can I go on sinning when I am dead to sin ? I am in Christ and in him there is no sin, I still do stupid stuff but its not sin for me because I have been set free from the law of sin and death, thats why there is no condemnation, because the ten commandments are the ministration of condemnation and as paul says they have been abolished in 2cor 3. I am a new creatuere in Christ, I don't always have to do the right thing, I can rest in his righteousness and He would rather I did. If you condemn any brother in Christ you are judging them according to the law and not according to grace, the same judgement you meet to others shall be met to you, if you call someone in the body unrighteous you are not discerning the body and you are not discerning the blood for them, you are in danger of Gods judgement for those who do...many are weak sick and many sleep because of this 1cor 11. What God has called clean let no man call unclean,he spoke pertaining to meats which according to the law were unclean, so were lawless people, now we are are clean in Christ , otherwise there simply would be no fellowship with the Father. God abolished the order of Aaron in ther priest hood,its over...gone forever. As far as the east is from the west he has removed our transgressions. He who breaks one part of the law is guilty of all, but we can't break any of it because we are righteous by faith....what a glorious gospel. I don't know what you believe but I am absolutely perfect in the sight of God because I believe. Ya I still produce some fruit I don't want but though the outward man perish the inward man is renewed day by day.

Ya know paul says he was alive once but when the commandment came it slew him and wrought in him all manner of evil desire. The law is the power of sin...if you try to keep it .

Paul also said " The righteous requirements of the law HAVE BEEN fully met in us in Christ. Because I am in Christ its like I keep the law perfectly, in Him I keep the sabbath holy, I do not lie although my fruit says differenty, I do not kill although my fruit says I do, the requirements for righteousness have been met because of faith.

REPENTENCE....believe I am righteous and stop believing I am not.

BACKSLIDDEN....Not believing I am righteous by faith anymore but thinking I have to earn it.

I am not a cheap gracer, grace ain't cheap anyway, it cost Jesus his life. I am daily taking thoughts captive and making them obedient to Christ by the blood cleansing me from law which is the power of sin, apart from law sin is dead, we need to repent of trying to keep law and rest in his righteousness which will produce its perfect fruit. Folks who say Im saved and can do what I want are right, however, our father has a paddle about about 12 ft long he uses on his children who choose not to seek righteousness...but he dips it in love before he uses it.

--------------------
whats up?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Whay is that?

--------------------
That is all.....

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep reading that Yeshua nailed the law to the cross or that the law was nailed to the cross.

I believe it was the ordiances of the law that was nailed to the cross, meaning it was the penalty for breaking the law that was nailed to the cross.
Yeshua(Jesus) went to the cross to pay for our SINS not to do away with the Law, for He even said that He did not come to do away with the law or the prophets and that not one jot or title would pass away from the law until heaven and earth were gone away.

Yeshua paid the price we should have paid for Breaking the Laws of God.

Gods laws still stands today and if one dies withouth the blood covering and faith of/in Yeshua then he will be judged by the laws of God.

We are to have the laws of God written on our Hearts, not written on stone. Do we have a heart of flesh or a heart of stone?

If one says i believe in Yeshua, yet continues in sin, maybe he has a heart of stone. And who are those who do not inherit the kingdom of God that the bible describes?

Neither Adulters, liars, murders ect.. I think this can be found in Rev.

Since flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, what does? Our sinful nature? or our new nature in Yeshua? What did Yeshua tell the woman who was about to be stoned after her accusers walked away?

"Go and sin no more".

I believe the heart of the matter is this. We cant really judge who is saved and who isnt. We do not have the capability to read the hearts and minds of people. There is only one possible way to get a clue as to whether one might be saved and that is looking at their life/lifestyle, the fruits they produc ect...

But even then we could be decieved in that Yeshua said that MANY in that day would say But Lord, Lord look what we did in your name ect..

And Yeshua tells them to depart from Me I never knew you, you workers of iniquity(lawlessness)

I believe the OSAS doctrine is a deception. I know sooo many people who believe in it and truly live like the devil himself and they are not afraid because as one of my friends said to me years ago "It does not matter what I do or dont do, I believe in Jesus."

How sad, seems like a life wasted when we should be letting His life work thru us, and letting Him do that work thru us, instead some cheapen what He has done and say okay, i accept Him because He doesnt require anything from me and doesnt care how i live after i accept him because once saved im always saved. Thats a great deal! But thats really a deception.

But Yeshua is coming back for a spotless bride. thourouly cleansed by Him, sold out completely to Him, an unadulterated Bride. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
If I am in Christ I am as righteous as He is despite anything. Even if I am producing the fruit of the sinful nature because I am in the lifelong sanctification process I am as righteous as he is.
Not!

Death is separation from God, cut off from the vine, oh vinedresser, from whence we draw the parallel of being cast into the fire.

The wage of sin is to be dead!

1Jn 1:3 "That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship [together] with us: 'as' truly, our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jn 1:4 "And these things write we unto you, that your 'joy' may be full."

Because:

1Jn 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

SO:

Sin is darkness!

1Jn 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

That means that we are 'delivered' through the blood, for it says 'it cleanseth': not it covereth, or hideth.

The condition:

The result:

"...we have fellowship one with another, [Jesus and me, or thee] and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

That is an IS, not a lifelong sanctification process, unless it takes you that long to get it. However, it usually is just a justification for clinging to sin to insist that it is lifelong.

So to quote you once again:

quote:
If I am in Christ I am as righteous as He is despite anything.
If you are 'IN' Christ, which is the very same as to say (which is why we have such writings):

Then there is no 'despite anything', simply:

"...we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son 'cleanseth' us from all sin."

For you cannot be in sin, and have fellowship. You may have awareness of Him, but it is not fellowship.

Now, not just later!

Here is where the admonition on overcoming fits in. He who is not an overcomer, is a compromiser, who will 'justify' his condition by saying something like "Even if I am producing the fruit of the sinful nature because I am in the lifelong sanctification process I am as righteous as he is."

It is not so! You are departing from Him by sin. But Romans says: "Sin shall not have 'dominion' over you," which is to say that it cannot force you to do, or abide in it. For then you would be doing what Jesus is not, which would 'separate' you from Him.

And if sanctification is a lifelong process, what if you had only ten minutes to live from the time you met Christ? How sanctified would you be in ten minutes? If sanctification is a lifelong process, how long must you live to reach sanctification? If sanctification is a lifelong process, then clearly 'you' must have something to do with it, but you don't. So why is it a lifelong process?

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
I know what you believe ANM, and I am saddened. I wish I could say something edifying. Hummmm! How about this? It says that He will not blot out their names from the book of life. Well! It stands to reason that if they are written there, they got there when one was saved. Therefore, prior to that, their name was not there to blot out. And since it says that He will not blot out their names, what is it but that they 'met the condition' for it not to be blotted out. So if their names were not blotted out if they 'met the condition', then there must be a response for 'not meeting the condition'. It is implied, even though it is not specifically stated. That isn't the least bit hard to figure out.

Be it far from me to impose this on you. Every man stands or falls notwithstanding anyone else. You have to face Him for yourself.

~

What is by faith? Righteousness is by faith. So, how do you say that unrighteousness is covered by grace? It is not so. It you have 'righteousness' by faith, then unrighteousness is done away with by nature of the fact. But if you are in unrighteousness, and you claim to be righteous by faith, you presume.

quote:
If you judge others as sinners according to the law then you probably have judged yourself the same way,
"But it is a small matter that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment. Yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself. Yet am I not hereby justified: But He that judgeth me is the Lord." 1Cor 4

quote:
God says righteous by faith, you say righteous and saved by what I do.
You think? I don't. God says "Righteous" by faith. It is simply, 'righteous by what He does', not by what you do (actively). But if HE does it, you know it (intimately) else you don't know it, which signifies 'lack of faith', which leaves you only one recourse, which is to presume something that is not. This is tantamount to being deceived. Righteousness is not being dirty (thorn in the flesh) but looking to the Father, like an angel. That is as far off as osas. In fact, it is the very thing that justifies osas. It is the only way some can rationalize it. For nothing else makes sense.

The heart of the New Covenant is 'righteousness' which is by faith, not 'acceptance' in spite of being a mud pie. Defeat is not victory. Darkness is not light. Righteousness is not failure overlooked. And our works don't accomplish it. Not one single 'work' accomplishes it. It isn't earned. It isn't merited, but it is not impotent. It is not future tense. It is now, if we have it by faith.

Jesus Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness.
The righteous requirements of the law have been fully met in us in Him.
Apart from law sin is dead.
In him is no sin, I am in him by faith alone and therefore do not and cannot sin unto seperation because I have passed from death to life by faith alone, faith He gave me....answer me this, why would he take the faith he gave me supernaturally away ? because of some work I was not doing, or because of something I was doing according to the law that was wrong, the very law Ive been set free from, the law he nailed to the crossCOL2:14, the law he abolished by his crossEPH2:15,the law that was done away with as was the preisthood of Aaron, and the sabbath and the dietary laws and according to 2cor 3 the TEN COMMANDMENTS ? What could possibly cause Him to take my faith away?

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I know what you believe ANM, and I am saddened. I wish I could say something edifying. Hummmm! How about this? It says that He will not blot out their names from the book of life. Well! It stands to reason that if they are written there, they got there when one was saved. Therefore, prior to that, their name was not there to blot out. And since it says that He will not blot out their names, what is it but that they 'met the condition' for it not to be blotted out. So if their names were not blotted out if they 'met the condition', then there must be a response for 'not meeting the condition'. It is implied, even though it is not specifically stated. That isn't the least bit hard to figure out.

Be it far from me to impose this on you. Every man stands or falls notwithstanding anyone else. You have to face Him for yourself.

~

What is by faith? Righteousness is by faith. So, how do you say that unrighteousness is covered by grace? It is not so. It you have 'righteousness' by faith, then unrighteousness is done away with by nature of the fact. But if you are in unrighteousness, and you claim to be righteous by faith, you presume.

quote:
If you judge others as sinners according to the law then you probably have judged yourself the same way,
"But it is a small matter that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment. Yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself. Yet am I not hereby justified: But He that judgeth me is the Lord." 1Cor 4

quote:
God says righteous by faith, you say righteous and saved by what I do.
You think? I don't. God says "Righteous" by faith. It is simply, 'righteous by what He does', not by what you do (actively). But if HE does it, you know it (intimately) else you don't know it, which signifies 'lack of faith', which leaves you only one recourse, which is to presume something that is not. This is tantamount to being deceived. Righteousness is not being dirty (thorn in the flesh) but looking to the Father, like an angel. That is as far off as osas. In fact, it is the very thing that justifies osas. It is the only way some can rationalize it. For nothing else makes sense.

The heart of the New Covenant is 'righteousness' which is by faith, not 'acceptance' in spite of being a mud pie. Defeat is not victory. Darkness is not light. Righteousness is not failure overlooked. And our works don't accomplish it. Not one single 'work' accomplishes it. It isn't earned. It isn't merited, but it is not impotent. It is not future tense. It is now, if we have it by faith.

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
I didn't want to aggrevate the situation at the other post, so since this fits over here, well!

quote:
There is a problem that I see with this logic! Causing 'little ones' to stumble, or fall, carries with it the notion that they are 'caused' to experience separation from God. That is the notion of what it means to stumble. They become filled with doubt about the truth. But according to oasas, this cannot happen. Therefore the concern is entirely misplaced.
When little ones stumble , what is he talking about? I figure he probably talking about falling from grace as mentioned in galations 5, the thing causes folks to fall from grace is when they start believing they are justified by the works of the law as mentioned in galations 5, it seems you have that opinion mike, you may actually have fallen from grace yourself. I don't believe falling from grace means losing your salvation though, I believe it falls into the reap what you sow category or the whatsoever judgement you meet to others shall be met to you. If you judge others as sinners according to the law then you probably have judged yourself the same way, God says righteous by faith, you say righteous and saved by what I do. I don't believe your in agreement with God pertaining to the matter of your and others righteousness. I encourage you to keep an open mind and seek the truth on this issue. Like others here I really never took a stand on the issue till about three years ago cause I simply was'nt sure, I did lean toward OSNAS though, now I have reckoned that salvation cannot be lost once given, Ive pondered the blotting out name scripture in revelation and it just doesn't say he blots out names, it says he won't blot out. You can't just make it fit your belief system, its a weak arguement at best. The heart of the new covenent is righteousness by faith, its believing you are now righteous despite the thorn in the flesh, his grace is sufficient. tom

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I didn't want to aggrevate the situation at the other post, so since this fits over here, well!

quote:
There is a problem that I see with this logic! Causing 'little ones' to stumble, or fall, carries with it the notion that they are 'caused' to experience separation from God. That is the notion of what it means to stumble. They become filled with doubt about the truth. But according to oasas, this cannot happen. Therefore the concern is entirely misplaced.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement