Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 16)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 8, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

This morning, I nearly fell in the kitchen, only grabbing the counter stopped my fall, from simply getting my feet crossed up. As we age, we find that we cannot do as much as used to and we have many more of those "senior" moments. As we become weaker, it is easy to become discouraged. We need to remind ourselves that even in our weaker state, God still loves us. We are still important to God and He will not abandon us just because we are older and our health declines. As we get older we will find less energy to shop and run the roads but we can spend more time talking to God and praying for one another. Rejoicing in the glory of God and praising Him for His Majestic goodness and faithfulness, to His children.

This morning after I put the bird seed out, I was blessed to see "my" squirrel at the feeder. I consider her mine because I feed her every day, although I have no clue if the squirrel is male or female. The blue jay and male cardinal should be coming soon to eat. On those days that I am not able to leave the house, I can rejoice in the blessings of nature.

As we age the devil will attempt to chop away at our self worth and try to convince us that we are less worthy of God's love. Remember God loved you when you were an infant and totally depended on others. His love for us does not diminish, nor our value to Him diminish because our health declines. Trust in God and be faithful to the end. Fight to the end with dignity and grace and allow God's love to shine forth from you to others. Look forward to the prize before us and love one another just as Christ loves His children.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 7, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Hubby went to Church with me. We picked up stuff for tacos for supper and fast food for lunch. I got my Church clothes off and put my gown on. Both hubby and I are having issues with being tired and not sleeping well, so we are in bed. I told my hubby that having him go to Church with me was a blessing. God is good to me and the Sermon by Pastor Wayne encouraged and blessed me.

God is so kind and good to us. When we give out of our need, God blesses us. Whether it is a financial gift or attending the House of God, God will bless us. In our weakness, we are made strong.
We can trust God to work in our financial needs and our health. Even if God has chosen to heal us in Heaven, He still helps us bear our afflictions in grace and humility.

May God richly bless you and your families.

Ephesians 3:20-21King James Version (KJV)20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Betty

https://youtu.be/RoTFaNFzffg [wave3]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Psalm 25:4-10King James Version (KJV)
4 Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

6 Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

As human beings our nature does not lead us to live in righteousness and walk in truth.   We were born sinners.  Jesus paid the price so that we can choose to live in righteousness and walk in truth.  The world will say:  "I know this is not wrong for my heart does not convict me. 

Jeremiah 17:9King James Version (KJV)9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The truth is, if we commit a sin enough times, we will no longer be convicted.  Our hearts can become blinded by sin and we can live in sin and no longer be convicted.

Romans 1:21-32King James Version (KJV)

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

We do not have to give into the devil's ways.  We can turn away from his temptations and call out to God.

James 4:7King James Version (KJV)7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

David did not trust himself to search his own heart.  He knew the heart can be deceitful. 

Psalm 139:23-24King James Version (KJV)23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

We ask God to search our hearts and to convict us of our sins and then we repent and turn from our sins.  It is not enough to weep because of our sins but we must seek forgiveness and turn away from our sins.  We cannot be a "Christian" bank robber.  We cannot stay in a adultery relationship and be right with God.
We cannot be a "Christian" living in sin and refusing to leave the sin behind and be right with God.  Getting right with God can demand a life style change, but eternity in Heaven with God will so be worth it.

Betty

https://youtu.be/DwudqCO7mSQ

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 5, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Have you ever begin reading your devotion and have so much interference that you just have to stop for the time being? Your mate ask you several questions. Your pets crawl all over your reading material and instead of feeling blessed, you feel frustrated. This is the time to take a deep breath and move on, for the moment.

I am not saying our devotion is not important but sometimes we need to take a small break and just talk to God. Tell Him about our frustrations, our physical pain, and our spiritual needs. Take time to pray for the sick, the lost and the depressed. Pray that God will give you a heart of compassion for others. Rejoice in the goodness of the Lord. It is so wonderful to spend time just talking to God. We are blessed that not only does God hears us but, He takes the time to listen with His heart as well as His ears.

We are meeting our son and His wife (Sarah) for Mexican food tonight. I am blessed when ever I am able to spend time with family.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 4, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Philippians 4:6King James Version (KJV)Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Today is a day of prayer set aside for Americans. God wants to hear our prayers and He has said for us to lay our needs before Him. Pray for your individual needs, the needs of your families, lost loved ones and friends, Our Country and our President. Open your heart to God and share your needs, fears, and concerns.

After you lay your petitions before the Lord remember to praise God for His majestic glory.

Psalm 19:1King James Version (KJV)19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 66:2King James Version (KJV)Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.

Psalm 29:4King James Version (KJV)4 The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

Psalm 69:30King James Version (KJV)30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Let our mouths be filled with praises to God. Let our hearts over flow with sincere gratefulness for the gift of our salvation. My we never be guilty of taking our salvation and the cost of such a precious Gift for granted. Magnify the Lord with me and praise His Name forever!

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 3, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Today as I fed the animals, birds, and squirrels there was a cool breeze in the air. It was so refreshing and pleasant. When we are feeling run down and spiritually low, we can spend time with God and ask for a refreshing breeze from the Holy Spirit to pass through our soul. The power of the Holy Spirit can awaken our desire for service to God that has been put aside because of our discouragement and tiredness in spirit and in body. Jesus said that we have not because we ask not. Our we more likely to ask for physical strength and forget our spiritual health? I would have to say for myself the answer is sadly, yes. Truth is we can become so overwhelmed with our physical issues that we lose complete sight of our spiritual needs. I know this simply because I am guilty. Most of us wake up sometimes and feel more tired then when we went to sleep. This causes a cycle of anxiety, depression, and just an overall feeling of unwellness. When we are in this cycle we can lose sight of God and feel that He has left us alone in our suffering. The more this goes on the further from God we feel and the more discouraged we become.

Jesus is telling us, my dear friends; He has never left us. Even when a cloud of discouragement covers our ability to see Him, He is there. Remind yourself that the devil wants to isolate your from God and other believers. When you overwhelmed by circumstances run to God and NOT AWAY from God. When the devil talks trash to you, remind him that he is a liar and God alone is real truth. It is in those times that we are most vulnerable that we need to spend more time with God. Even when you have no words to speak, turn on praise music and just spend time listening for God to speak. Ask the Holy Spirit to pray through you for the needs that you can not articulate. And as words come thank God for His Majestic Glory. Ask God to help you honor Him through your prayers, praises, and your life itself. Ask God to fill you to overflowing with His joy. His joy will bring an end to the depression and as we are able to help others we will see healing in our minds and hearts.

May God guide your path today and along the way bring tiny diamonds of joy and peace into your lives.
As the old song says "Count your Blessings"

Betty

https://youtu.be/9fMjgS4vu4o

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

There are some mornings that we just do not feel motivated to do anything. We feel sluggish and not quite with it. Our morning devotion can be done out of habit more then wanting to spend time with God. Our love for God is still strong and we still want to please Him but our mind seems to be in a fog. This happens to all of us and God understands. When we do our devotion and pray, He knows it is an act of obedience and He appreciates that we have made an effort. The devil will seek to get us to avoid our devotion and just move on to something else, but when we spend time with God, we will be refreshed and we will leave our devotion feeling better.

Similarly, there have been many times I have left Church feeling better then when I had arrived. The devil will use any excuse to make us stay home. Of course there are times we are sick and can't go, but when we are able, we will find the time spent in the House of the Lord, worth our time and effort. God wants to spend time with us everyday and we can talk to Him through out the day. God is worth the effort we make to spend time praying, reading His Word, and praising Him. In these days it is more important then ever to spend time with our Heavenly Father.

Today let us take the time to talk to God throughout the day. We are going in to Houston for Ronnie to see his cardiologist. He is falling a lot and we bought him a walker yesterday. Please pray that his heart doesn't have anymore damage. Have a blessed day and may God protect you and your family.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2017

I feed my dog outside so that our two cats can eat in peace. The dog did not want her food and left it. Now that she is in the house a neighbor's cat came to eat some and the dog went wild. Like a child, even if she doesn't want the food she doesn't want anyone else to have it.

Just like children we can be jealous of the spiritual gifts of others. Some spiritual gifts are more public then others, and some receive more attention then other gifts. My father for years worked on the Church's busses. It was not uncommon to visit my parents and see a buss with the motor pulled out. He did all this while working a 40 hour week. This was hard labor and few in the Church knew and even less knew how physically challenging it was. Too many, dad's work went unseen, but God knew. Even after the Church no longer had buses, dad would be the one that fixed toilets and checked to see why the burglar alarm at the Church went off at 2:30 in the morning. Dad was not the only one. There were several men at the Church at the time who worked behind the scenes.

Whatever spiritual gift you have, use it for the glory of God. Seek God's will for what He wants you to do and then do that job to your very best. If you are called to teach Sunday School, pray over each student, study so that you can share the truths that God gives you with your class. If God calls you to clean the Church, pray as you clean. Pray that God would save the loss, heal the hurting, and give peace to the fearful. Whatever your gift, pray that God will help you use your gift for His glory. Do not envy the gifts of others but pray that God will use your gift for His Kingdom. Whatever tool God has put in our hands, let us use it to the best of our ability and that our gift will have the blessings of God upon it.

Betty,

Have a blessed day and look for ways to share God's love with others.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3p, 2017

There is definitely a humbling experience to fall on your face in the front yard. I was working with a solar angel and was on my knees and lost my balance and fell on to my face. After accessing that I was okay then I quickly looked around to see if any one saw me in such a state with my face to the ground and my rump in the air. We want to be seen with dignity and poise. The position was anything but that.

Sadly we can be guilty of spending much more time on our outside appearance then our spiritual appearance. We like to think that our spiritual health is not seen, but in times of stress, anger, and pain, our spiritual health goes on display. Sometimes we are shocked ourselves by unkind words that pass our lips. Other times, words that are not our normal conversation can pop right out of our mouths when we almost have a wreck or stump our toe. Of course, we ask for forgiveness and God is kind and forgiving, but let us work our spiritual health and prayed that less unkind and cuss words come out of our mouths.

Pray that God will give us a spirit of love and compassion for others. Pray that in scary situations that we will thank God for protecting us. May we be willing to pray for that person who cuts us off on the road.

There is nothing wrong for wanting to look our best. Let us also ask God to help our spirit and soul to be pleasing to Him. Pray that we will be a walking testimony of God's love and not an embarrassment to God.

Betty

The blue jay has been around a lot and the new seed is attracting colorful birds. Even those times when I am struggling with my breaths, I am blessed to be able to sit in my chair and enjoy the birds and the two squirrels that visit me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2017

I am seeing a Specialist in May about my feeling weak and dizzy at times. Just as our bodies grow weak with sickness and age so can our Spiritual health. We can actually be so busy doing God's Work, that we do not spend any quality time with God. God sent His Son to die for us so we could be reconciled to Himself. God wants a personal relationship with us. If we say a quick morning prayer and a quick prayer at bedtime and no other time with God, we are shortchanging God and ourselves.

When our relationship with God begins to wane, we are more open to temptation, discouragement, and loss of faith. It is vital that we have a strong relationship with God. When we walk close to God, we are not easily led astray by false teaching. The Bible says in the last days that false teachers would be leading the weak minded astray. I read yesterday of ordained transgender Preacher who claims an Angel came to Him and told him that the Bible is wrong. The Bible has not changed but the devil is working over time to spread that lie.

Galatians 1:8King James Version (KJV)8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:4King James Version (KJV)4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

God used Paul to warn us to be prepared for false teaching and satan's demons appearing as angel to persuade people to leave the truth of God's Word for false teachings and lies from the devil, himself. The devil wants to open the door for us to stop believing in the truth of the Gospel. He wants to weaken our faith. Hang on tight to the truth of the Gospel. Do not allow Satan or any one convince you that God has made mistakes or decided to change His mind on what sin is. God is and always has been truth. He is not going to change to accepting a LIE ever. When people come to you with questionable teaching, search the Word of God for the TRUTH.

Betty

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 28, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Proverbs 20:3. Keeping away from strife is an honor for a man, But any fool will quarrel.

This world has always had strife, but it worse today. Strife effects families and work places. On Collage campuses, strife runs unchecked through students and faculty. Americans are more divided then ever across party lines. The devil is priming the world to accept peace at any cost, making way for a One World Government. Many Christians believe the election of President Trump was God working to give Sinners more time to accept salvation before the rapture.

Satan loves to attack families. Families are our first line of defense during times of troubles. A death in the family should bring families together. It does most of the time, long enough for the funeral and then turmoil, stress, and strife take over. One of the problems, is that anger is easier to deal with then the pain of losing a loved one. We can push the pain and grief aside if we stack focused on a grievance real or imagined against another family member, the Doctors, or even God.

Satan likes to divide families with strife. A family that stands together is stronger then a divided family. When we are weak we are more apt to give into temptations. Where there are children family strife can effect their future. Choosing a mate that is not a Christian or a mate that is unsuitable because of alcohol or abuse.

Stress in the work place can make a person sick. Dealing every day with a boss or coworkers who seem to strive on drama can cause ulcers, high blood pressure, and anxiety. What can we do about stress and strife? Talk to God. Instead of being quick with a smart remark, pause and silently pray. Wouldn't it be nice in family situations, when anger and arguments are going on, if someone spoke up and said?: " Let us pray together that God will heal our family, give us peace, and show us the way?"

The desire for peace will one day make the World accept a ruler who will be the anti-Christ. The Bible says that this man will come in peace but he will be pure evil and will force men and women to accept his mark on their body and their allegiance to worship himself. True peace comes from the God of Heaven, Jehovah and not Satan.

More Verses on Strife
Proverbs 27:15
Verse Concepts
A constant dripping on a day of steady rain And a contentious woman are alike;

Proverbs 20:3

Keeping away from strife is an honor for a man, But any fool will quarrel.

2 Corinthians 12:20

For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there will be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances;

Philippians 2:14
Do all things without grumbling or disputing;

1 Timothy 2:8

Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

1 Corinthians 1:10

Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.

We will have problems. People will get hurt emotionally and the World will continue to run from God. Let us God's children run to God and talk to Him daily.

Matthew 11:28-30King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Betty

https://youtu.be/35WOSrfT7Cw

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

When we seek for ways to share Christ with others, do we do it out of genuine love for the lost? Or do we do it out of our responsibility of being Christian? God forgive me, because often I do not have the love for the lost as I should. I would tell you I love everybody and on some level I do, but I do not love the lost to the point that I grieve over their lost souls. Jeremiah was known as the weeping prophet because he Cried over the future of Israel. Yet we know the future of the lost and yet how many Christians today in America weep over lost souls? Do we just consider that the job of the Preachers? How many people we come in contact actually have conversations with Preachers? Is our love for the lost a superficial love? This is not to make you feel bad about yourself, but we can begin to day praying that God will give us a heart of love and compassion for the lost souls. Pray that God will open doors for you to share Him and His plan of salvation with others. Ask God to help us be open to opportunities to share God's love with others.

Sharing God's love is more then a bumper sticker on your car that says that you listen to a Christian radio station or a sign that says you love Jesus. Sharing God's love is using opportunities to tell others that God loves them. Praying for others is so important. Pray for your families, your neighbors, and people God brings you in contact with.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

There are two rose bushes that where here when we moved here. I did not buy them nor plant them, but I enjoy them, anyway. The Bible says, some plant the seeds, some nourish the seeds, and some reap the harvest. We plant seeds every day in people's lives, often strangers we never see again. We plant good and bad seed. When we have a Christian sticker on our car and we cut someone off or refuse to allow them in our lane, even when they have their blinker on, we are setting a bad example for Christians. Has anyone ever witness our bad behavior and thought to themselves, that is why I do not go to Church? If we are honest with our selves, we will admit it has probably happened. At the grocery store if the clerk or the customer is having issues, do we murmur under our breath, stand with our arms folded and a scrawl on our face? Our behavior often makes it take longer because the clerk gets upset. What a loving example we make of Christ's love? When we are the one having the issues do we apologize to the one waiting behind us?

We can often feel that we cannot do anything for God, because we are not a Pastor, Teacher, or musically talented. Everyday when we are out in the world, we can represent Christ by having a loving, patient attitude. We can be merciful to those who need mercy. Only God knows the needs of people we come in contact with, but we can pray before we leave our house that God will use us to encourage and be a blessing to others. We can pray and ask God to be more patient behind the will and a kinder driver. Of course we pray that God will protect us on the road and we should but let us also pray for the drivers we will come in contact with.

Every day pray that God will use you, for the Glory of God. Be safe and be blessed.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2017
Good Morning Happy Tuesday,

The cats, the dog, and hubby are taking a morning nap and I am sitting in bed drinking coffee, watching a gentle breeze tickle the grass. Sometimes we need moments like this to reflect and allow our mind to relax. There are so many times that our brains are tormented by circumstances and Satan. The human brain is a favorite place for Satan to play. He can put in a simple thought and then "watch what happens. Have you ever been listening intently to the Pastor and all of a sudden you wonder if you turned off the stove or unplugged the curling iron? Sometimes the thought isn't so innocent. We notice a lady with a new hat and we become jealous. We would not say jealous, of course, but our thoughts go to things like: "She sure thinks she is something else?" Or "I wonder how much money she blew on that hat?" The devil has taken us from listening to the Pastor to judging. We may have not chosen that journey but we seem to be enjoying the trip. What do we do? We tell Satan that it is written "Get behind me, Satan!' Then we listen to the Pastor again.

Satan loves to sow seeds of doubt in our minds. "Surely if God loved you, you would be healed by now?"
"Did you see that brand new car, Jane is driving? How old is your car? If God loved you as much as He loves Jane, you would have a new car in your driveway, too!" Sowing seeds of doubt, envy and discouragement is one of Satan's specialities. What do we do? We talk to God. You remind yourself that you will be healed. Sometimes God heals us in this life and sometimes in Heaven, but healing is coming.
A new car means a car payment. That person who looks like all their ducks are in a row, may live with a mate who is never happy or rebellious kids. We all have burdens, let us bare our burdens with grace and not be envious of others.

We can also use our brains for good. Pray for others. Do like David and encourage ourselves in the Lord. Praise God throughout the day. When Satan brings up thoughts, remember Satan is a liar and he only seeks to destroy. Allow the Holy Spirit to build you up and help you grow spiritually. Take time for those moments when you enjoy the beauties of nature. Be joyful in the Lord and the world He created.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

My dear friends, we are on the job for God. We are not in Heaven, yet. Until that day we will have problems. We live in imperfect bodies, that wear out and develop sickness as they age. We will sin from time to time and we will be sinned against. We seek forgiveness from those we hurt and from God. We forgive those who sin against us. While we are marching to Zion, we have not arrived. Until that day, let us strife to live for God in a way that is pleasing to Him. Lay aside strife and bitterness. Do not seek to outdo anyone, but seek to live in a loving and gentle way, for this is pleasing to God. Seek the will of the Lord in all things. Let our tongues be an instrument that spreads joy and love and not gossip and destruction. As much as it is humanly possible live in peace with your neighbors.

Only God knows the future. Only He knows how much time we have on earth. Live every day for Jesus. Every day allow the Holy Spirit to shine forth from you to a world that has much need of the love of Christ. Seek ways to be a comforter to the broken hearted and a encourager to the down trodden. Allow God's love to shine from your face with a smile and kindness to those you come in contact with. Let others see Jesus in you. Talk to God daily and ask God to refill you daily with His Holy Spirit so your cup overflows and touches everyone you meet. Pray that God will use you for His glory. Let your mission be to please God and not to impress others.

When you fail God either in deed or attitude, do not run from God, but run to God for forgives and reconciliation. Talk to God honestly but respectfully. The closer we walk next to God, the further we walk away from sin and temptations. We are living in the last days. This is not time to straddle the fence. Determine to choose Jesus and do not be ashamed or afraid to stand up for Jesus in a world that is corrupt and filled with the evil of Satan. Satan is no shrinking violet and he is striking to corrupt from the top to the lowly man and woman working in the background. Even though it is no longer politically correct, live for Jesus. Stand for the truth of God's Word in a world where God's Word is considered hate speech. God's Word is true. One day every woman and every man will stand before the judgment seat, unless that have sought forgiveness from God and accepted His gift of salvation. Do not wait until it is too late. Jesus said that those who deny Himself on earth, Jesus will deny to the Father.

Matthew 7:15-27King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

King James Version (KJV)

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22,2017
Good Morning and Blessed Saturday,

AMY GRANT LYRICS

Play "Marching To Zion"
on Amazon Music

"Marching To Zion"

Come ye that love the Lord, and let your joys be known,
Join in a song with sweet accord, Join in a song with sweet accord.
And thus surround the throne, and thus surround the throne.

We're marching to Zion, beautiful, beautiful Zion;
We're marching upward to Zion; the beautiful city of God

Then let our songs a bound and every tear be dry;
We're marching through Immanuel's ground; we're marching through Immanuel's ground,
To fairer worlds on high, to fairer worlds on high.

The road from the moment of our salvation through Christ our Savior, is a journey. Some get saved as a young child, some as a young adult, and others in our senior years. Yet whatever the age of salvation, we begin a journey. Is it possible to be a Christian for 60 plus years and never get passed the baby years? I believe it is. There are those who want just enough salvation to get through the gate of Heaven and no more. Sadly not only are they cheating themselves of a strong relationship with God, but they are cheating God.

A relationship takes work on both sides. We have human relationships like that. We know each other enough to say hello but no more. Often it is because we do not want to invest time and effort in that relationship. Other times we do not want to be vulnerable to another person, so we only allow them to know just a little bit about us and no more. Sadly we can have that kind of relationship with God. We think we are hiding things from God, when the reality is, He knows more about us then we know ourselves. Our relationship with Jesus, should be our most honest relationship because we can tell Him everything about our lives. We can tell Him our deepest concerns and fears. He will not be shocked. The question becomes "Do I want to have a genuine relationship with Jesus, or a superficial relationship?". Do I want a journey where I am maturing spiritually, or do I want to enter Heaven a bottle fed Christian? We have to decide for ourselves. While salvation is free a mature growing relationship with God, cost time and effort. Am I ready and willing to bear the cost of a spiritually growing relationship with God? What is my answer?

https://youtu.be/p6Khmw1ncB0

Betty

Even on my bad days, I am blessed by God to have beautiful birds at my feeders.

[clap2]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2017

We honestly do not know what the day will bring when we get up. As the old sayings goes: " Man writes his plans in pencil and God writes His plans with a permanent marker". Whatever the plans of God, we can trust Him. We do not have to live in fear, but can put complete trust in Him. God know our past, present, and future. Trust in God to guide you, throughout the day. Rejoice in each day that God gives you and seek to live each day in a way that is pleasing to God. Seek ways that you can be a blessing with those you come in contact with.

May God bless you and your families today. May His angels watch over you and your families, protecting them from harm.

Betty

Several female carnivals yesterday and a blue jay has been coming for bird food. They brightened my day. [thumbsup2]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Do you ever feel like your cross is bigger then others, that the load your bare is heavier then those around us? I read on Facebook, yesterday a story about Christians coming to a meeting with God. As they came in they all put their crosses against the wall. When it was time to leave a lady said to God that she wanted to trade her cross for the smallest one there. God gently told her: " Child, that is the cross that you came in with".

The truth is that we do not always know what others are baring for Christ. Sometimes those with the biggest cross to bear, complain the least. It is not our job to compare our cross with others. Our job is to carry our cross without complaining. I know that is hard to do sometimes. When you feel overwhelmed ask God to give you strength. There will be times that our cross seems heavier due to our circumstances. This is the time to draw closer to God and communicate with God more then ever. Take joy in knowing that God trust you to carry your cross and there will be a time that you will trade your cross for a crown.

Pray not only for yourself but those around you. Do not give up. We are getting closer to the day we will see Jesus face to face. Let us work for Jesus out of heart of love for God and not out of obligation. The joy of the Lord is our shield and our strength.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Lar,

Thank you for your encouragement. May God bless you and your wife, greatly.
Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

I was impressed with your post of Wednesday, April 19th. As best as I can tell, you seem to have the gift of exhortation - as well as having the gift of compassion. I will pray that the Lord leads you into using your gift(s) wisely and well, and with genuine compassion and godly love.

May the Lord bless you and uphold you in your spiritual ministry, and also, may He uphold you in the many trials that you are going through. By the way, please keep on enjoying the little creatures that God has created -- so that you will be able to enjoy and to savor the "little blessings" that the Lord sends to you.

-- Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday.

2Cor. 2:14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 15For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things? 17For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

Many years ago I took a test that told what your spiritual gift is. My gift came up compassion. My heart needs to be filled with compassion for the lost and seek to reach them out of love. Unfortunately, like Moses, I have sought to reach people at times out of anger. Not anger so much against the person but against the sin that stands between and God. There have been times that I was also angry at the person because they refused to see the truth.

Moses lost His chance to go into the promise land because he allowed his anger to cause him to disobey God.

Numbers 20:7-13King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

8 Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.

9 And Moses took the rod from before the Lord, as he commanded him.

10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

12 And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

13 This is the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the Lord, and he was sanctified in them.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

We can see Moses side on this. How many times had God provided fresh water and food for the people? In their anger against God, they blamed Moses and Arron. God wanted to be obeyed and for them not to give into the sin of anger. Plus they were hurt that the people that led like little children, were so quick to turn on them.

Numbers 20:1-6Living Bible (TLB)

20 The people of Israel arrived in the wilderness of Zin in April[a] and camped at Kadesh, where Miriam died and was buried. 2 There was not enough water to drink at that place, so the people again rebelled against Moses and Aaron. A great mob formed, 3 and they held a protest meeting.

“Would that we too had died with our dear brothers the Lord killed!” they shouted at Moses. 4 “You have deliberately brought us into this wilderness to get rid of us, along with our flocks and herds. 5 Why did you ever make us leave Egypt and bring us here to this evil place? Where is the fertile land of wonderful crops—the figs, vines, and pomegranates you told us about? Why, there isn’t even water enough to drink!”

6 Moses and Aaron turned away and went to the entrance of the Tabernacle, where they fell face downward before the Lord; and the glory of Jehovah appeared to them.

Footnotes:

Numbers 20:1 in April, literally, “the first month.”

Anger can cause us to sin. We can lose patience with people. Sometimes it is hard for us to understand how someone who was taught the truth can reject the truth after believing the truth for so long. Remember the devil is tricky and clever. He knows what buttons to push for all of us. When the devil fills our heads and hearts with lies, if we do not run to the Bible and read the truth for ourselves, he can lead us astray. Remember that none of us have it made and sin can be dressed up by Satan to look pleasing to the eyes. Do not forget what the Bible says:

Jude 1:A Call to Persevere
17But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.f

We are to hate the sin and not the sinner. Be angry against Satan and not those who have been led astray by the lies of the devil. Pray for a spirit of compassion. Deal tenderly with those led astray. Apologize when Satan has turn your feelings into anger against a person instead of compassion.What ever your gift that God has given to you, use it for the Glory of the Lord. Seek the face of God daily and pray that you are open to see the situations that God puts you in for the purpose of sharing the Gospel with others.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2017

Hebrews 11:6King James Version (KJV)6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

It takes faith to believe in salvation in Jesus. Jesus gives us the faith to accept Him as our Savior. We can choose or we can reject Him. When we choose Him, it takes faith to walk every day with the Lord until the end of our journey. God never promised us a journey through a field of flowers where the days are always sunny and troubles are far away. We will have troubles. We will have problems. Our bodies will fail us. Circumstances will not always be pleasing and life will not always be pleasant. We will not always be able to control what goes in our own lives, but we can be determined to serve God in all circumstances.

We can choose what attitude we will have. We can have a pleasing attitude that makes people want to be around us or we can choose to become bitter and angry. No one wants to spend much time around a bitter and angry person. It is disappointing to God when we choose to be bitter and angry. Like I said we cannot always control our circumstances but we can choose our attitudes. The best way to have a pleasing attitude is to stay close to God. The harder and more complex live gets the closer to God, we need to walk. The more we submit to the will of God the more can be relaxed in the worst of circumstances. Sometimes we need to cease fighting and accept God's will for our lives with a heart trusting in the path that God chose for us.

We have no control of what is going on in the world. The devil would love for us to begin to allow fear overtake us and to lose faith and hope in God. Remind that old devil that while we cannot see what tomorrow holds, God knows the future. We can have full trust that God not only knows what tomorrow will bring but He will give us what we need to sustain us from day to day. There is victory ahead, Saints of God.
He has all the answers so place your complete trust in Him. Walk with God daily in faith and trust. Let us be faithful servants of God. Do we need an attitude adjustment? If so ask God to give you a loving and sweet fragrant attitude .

https://youtu.be/rzlvjavDPMI
Dottie Rambo - Too Much To Gain To Lose Lyrics
1. Too many miles behind me
Too many trials my feet have walked through
Too many tears help me remember
There's too much to gain to lose.

Chorus
Too many sunsets lie behind the mountain
Too many rivers my feet have walked through
Too many treasures are waiting over yonder

2. I've crossed the hot burning desert
I was struggling the right road to choose
But somewhere up ahead there's cool clear water
And defeat is one word i'll never use.

Chorus
Too many sunsets lie behind the mountain
Too many rivers my feet have walked through
Too many treasures are waiting over yonder

Tag
Oh, too many treasures are waiting over yonder
There's too much to gain to lose!

Thanks to Dottie Rambo for these lyrics

Thanks to Old Tom Grump for correcting these lyrics

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2017

My friends, there will be days that you feel like you are hanging on the end of the rope of sanity. There will be times that you are so tired and stressed that your prayer is for God to come and get His children. When this happens, do not give into despair or allow fear to overwhelm you. Call out to Jesus in the midst of your dark days and place your trust in Him. God will never fail you nor forsake you. Your trust in Jesus is secure and safe. My dear friends, there is indeed victory ahead in Jesus Christ. Do not lose heart and do not give up.

Betty

https://youtu.be/7DG052rsP3Y

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Easter,

Glory to God in the Highest. We serve a living Savior who reigns over Heaven and one day He will rule this earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. What a wondrous morning to praise the one who died and rose again so that we could be reconciled with God and one day live in Heaven with Him!

Today reminds us that our loved ones who have passed on and has accepted Jesus as their Savior, we will one day walk streets of Gold with them, by our side. Though we miss them, we look forward to the day when death will be no more and will talk with them again. As Paul said, today we see in part but one day everything will be clear to us. We will know why God allowed us to go through dark valleys and why His plans often differed from ours. We will be able to kiss the scars on His body that He bores for the redemption of lost souls, including ours.

Today, let us rejoice in what this day means and let us praise His Name.

Betty

https://youtu.be/G-hLSR5F4Y0

Keith Green – Easter Song Lyrics
Hear the bells ringing
They're singing that you can be born again
Hear the bells ringing
They're singing Christ is risen from the dead

The angel up on the tombstone
Said He has risen, just as He said
Quickly now, go tell his disciples
That Jesus Christ is no longer dead

Joy to the word, He has risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah

Hear the bells ringing
They're singing that you can be healed right now
Hear the bells ringing, they're singing
Christ, He will reveal it now

The angels, they all surround us
And they are ministering Jesus' power
Quickly now, reach out and receive it
For this could be your glorious hour

Joy to the world, He has risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah, hallelujah

The angel up on the tombstone
Said He has risen, just as He said
Quickly now, go tell his disciples
That Jesus Christ is no longer dead

Joy to the world, He has risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
Hallelujah

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 15, 2017

The Saturday after the crucifixion, was a day of deep sorrow for His followers. They thought that Jesus was their Salvation, but they had seen Him die. They thought He was their Victory but they saw what they thought was the defeat of Jesus. They were fearful thinking that at any minute the Romans would come for them and kill them. Instead the next day would bring Victory when Jesus rose from the dead. Because Jesus died and rose again the rift between man and God was healed and all who accept Jesus are saved.

Waiting is hard for me, along with not knowing what is going to happen. God often uses time of waiting for us to grow spiritually and in character. If we are not careful, the devil can use this time of waiting to cause us to lose faith and become discouraged. Often in the times of waiting it seems that God is silent. We must not give in to doubts and fears but trust in God in the midst of this dark and silent time. Just as God knew what was going to happen on Resurrection Day, He also knows what lies around the corner for us. We can trust God in the darkness and the quiet times. If we are faithful through these times, we will come out on the other side stronger in our faith.

We are so blessed, while we do not know our immediate future we know where we are going to go after this life if we have trusted in Jesus and accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. We do not know the immediate future of the world but we know the ending and we can be secure in the arms of God. Today let us remember to praise God for our salvation and rejoice in our personal relationship with God.

Betty

Has a male cardinal on my feeder and a squirrel running around on the tree by the window. Thank you, Jesus for my little diamonds of blessings.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Good Friday,

Today is a good day to reflect on the crucifixion and what it cost God. Our salvation was bought with a price, the precious blood of Jesus. Too often we take that sacrifice for granted. We treat Jesus as a glorified "Santa", wanting our needs and desire granted and offering up a half hearted praise to our Savior and Lord. Our prayers are often an after thought at the end of the day. We can be so self centered that we have no concern about a world of people going to hell. Our prayers centered around ourselves and our families. Of course we should pray for our needs and those of our family, but how often do we pray for the salvation of those outside our circle? I know I am guilty of this and I doubt I am the only one. God wants no one to perish. He died for all but not all except His gift. This should break our hearts. The Prophets of all cried over their people when they forsook God. Do we not have a few tears for the people around us going to hell? Pray that God will give you a heart for the loss. Pray for those you come in contact with. You can pray silently in your heart and mind for others throughout the day.

Today we honor the Sacrifice of Jesus but we do not have to grieve, for Jesus was laid in the tomb, but He did not stay in the tomb. Praise God! We serve a living Savior and not bones in a tomb. One day we will walk the streets of gold with Jesus by our side. Until then, He is in our hearts and a living part of us. How glorious that the God of Heaven calls us His children and His friends. As we reflect today, let us have a heart of worship for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Betty

Hearing birds singing, how sweet the sound.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2017

Sometimes we confuse happiness with joy. Happiness is a fleeting emotion that reflects what is happening at the moment. Joy is a lifestyle of living a life that is grateful for what you have and those around you (family and friends). We choose to be joyful in the dark days. We choose to be joyful when we are ill. We choose to be joyful in the midst of our circumstances. How do we have a spirit of joy? Through God, our father our hearts and spirits are filled with joy.

Psalm 28:7King James Version (KJV)7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

When we sing praises to God our hearts overflow with God giving joy. Joy is not pretending that we are not sick or we do not have problems. Joy is knowing that we are not alone even in the midst of the storms of life. We can ask God to fill our hearts with joy.

Ecclesiastes 2:26King James Version (KJV)26 For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.

It is not wrong to ask God for wisdom, knowledge, and joy. When Solomon asked God for wisdom, God was pleased. As the days wind down let our heart long for the spiritual equipment to be a good and faithful worker for Christ. Seek to live in a way that is pleasing to God. Pray that God will give you a joy abundantly so that your joy will overflow to others. Be a ray of sunshine to those you interact with.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2017

In these last days, do we have an overwhelming desire to know God more and more or we so caught up by day to day struggles that we are just gliding by? The last couple of weeks of School for the year there seems to be three times of students. One group that wants to try to make up for a year of not caring by making their best grades, the final couple of weeks and the other that finds themselves staring out the window just wanting to do well enough to pass on to the next grade. Both attitudes are wrong. The third is the student that studies hard all year and wants to learn.

As adults we can look back and see years wasted by an attitude of not caring. This attitude, unfortunately can carry on into our spiritual lives. There are those who just happy to be saved and who do not want to put any effort to actually knowing God. This attitude can be a disaster when troubles come and we do not have the faith to sustain us and are prone to backsliding.

When we seek to know God and His character then our faith is strong and when disasters come we can stand strong in our faith. This doesn't mean that our faith will never waver. Satan knows our weakness and he is willing to use them against us. When we walk with God daily then our prayer line is open and we are prepared to go to Him, when Satan attacks. When we have stood on our own and our faith is weak, we are more apt to fall apart when disasters come.

None of us know what tomorrow holds for us personally or the world, but we can know with out a doubt that God is in control. The time to build up our faith is not when we are hanging by a thread but every day even when things are going great. Seek God daily, drink from His cup of knowledge and seek His will every day. Trust God for the little things so that we are prepared for the giant things. When things in the world bother you, remind yourself that we have read the last chapter of the Book, and God WINS.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Early this morning I heard thunder and I prayed for "my" birds. I am definitely bird crazy. Nature is wonderful and we can be blessed just by observing nature. The birds singing blesses my heart and I believe their singing brings joy to God. God's children, singing praises to Him, brings joy to the heart of God. Singing from our very heart touches God. Sometimes we go to Church after a hectic morning and our songs are just doing what is expected of us but when we open our hearts and sing from the heart not only are we blessed but we are a blessing to God, Himself. Through singing we can express from our heart with our words cannot express. Let us try to allow our singing always be from our heart and not out of obligation.

Pray for the Christians in Iraq and Syria. They are under attack of evil from Satan. Pray not only for their safety but that they will be courageous in the face of death. Pray for the soon return of Jesus to take all of His children to Heaven.

God bless you,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10, 2017

We do not always jump out of bed ready to face the challenges of the day. There are days that we drag our bodies out of bed, like dead weight and even our minds do not seem to be completely with us. Sometimes it is a lack of sleep, physical pain, or depression or even a combination of all. These are the days we need to pray for extra strength from God. When we are used to talking to God every day, it is easier to go to Him for that extra strength that we need.

When you have a chronic disease, it can be easy to accept living through the pain. Yes, when you hurt every day, you do have to live through the pain, but this doesn't mean we cannot ask God for some relief. The Bible says we have not because we ask not. There will be days when the pain is worse and our bodies are weaker. There is no shame in asking God to help us. Even if our cross we bear is sickness, it doesn't mean that God is not willing to give us that extra sustaining grace to bear our cross. With me, I try to bear the pain without being a burden on others. I don't want to be that person who goes on and on about all their illnesses and driving people away. At the same time, my **** it up, attitude often keeps me from going to Jesus like I should.

Every day all of us, children of God, have a cross to bear. While we want to bear our cross with out moaning, groaning, and resentment, let us also be honest with God. Talk to Him though out the day. Tell God about your struggle and your weakness. When we are honest with God, we keep resentment from growing in our hearts. There is a peace that God gives us when we go to Him and lay out our burdens and concerns at the foot of the cross. There is no shame in asking others to pray for us. We do not have to go to the details. There is some sickness that has embarrassing side effects. We can just say that we are having a bad day and ask for prayer.

Be blessed and pray for one another.

Betty [Smile]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Most of us dog owners, know when our dog has misbehaved. They get this quirky look and try to shrink from our view. Sometimes we are like the dog. We try to hide our sin from God. Adam and Even the first of mankind also tried to hide their sin from God. When they did not get away with that, they played the blame game. We to like the blame game. When forced to face our sin we blame people and circumstances. What we need to do is come to God and with humility admit our sin and seek forgiveness. If there was someone or circumstances that played a part, God already knows. God doesn't want excuses but our honest humility. When we have a honest relationship with God then we are free to talk to God about everything. Everything gets jumbled up when we try to hide parts of ourselves from God.

We can be honest with God. We can talk to God about our hurts, struggles, and our pain. We can share our dreams of the future and the struggles from the past. God listens and He wants us to talk to Him freely. The more we talk to God the stronger our relationship with God grows. The stronger our relationship the more our faith and spiritual growth improves. When the devil knocks you down go to God and He will lift you up. Talk to God daily and not just when you want or need something.

Betty

The birds are singing this morning and the sound lifts my spirit.
[hyper]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April I, 2017

Chorus
O what a Savior, O hallelujah His heart was broken on Calvary His hands were nail scarred His side was riven He gave His life-blood for even me.

I was singing this song to myself as I fed the animals, birds, and squirrels. I am sadly often neglectful in praising God for His wondrous works. It is easy to take God for granted until something goes wrong. This morning I was enjoying nature when my heart was overwhelmed by the goodness of my Heavenly Father. It is good for us to enjoy nature even if is just sitting in the yard. It is good for the mind and spirit. Enjoying nature also reminds us of the wonderful Creator, who made all things. Take time today to enjoy nature and offer up praise to God.

In the world today, it is easy to find that things to pray for. When we hear of a child who dies, we can pray for the family. When we hear an ambulance we can pray for the person they will be caring for. We should be praying for our Country and our President. Facebook often has post from those who need prayer and we can turn Facebook into a tool of ministry by praying for those who post their needs. We all can be prayer warriors, no matter what condition our health is in.

Seek ways to work for the glory of God's Kingdom and pray that you will grow spiritually and have a heart of compassion for others.

God bless you,
Betty

https://youtu.be/L-neoykTHBs

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 7. 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Proverbs 3:5King James Version (KJV)5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

During those two years when we did not know what was wrong with me, Proverbs 3:5 was the verse that I leaned on, often quoting it to my self. There are things that happen in the world and in our personal life that we do not understand. While it seems it would be easier if we could call God and have Him explain, God would rather we trust in Him through the midst of our concerns. Our faith grows as we trust in Him more and more. God wants us to become mature Children of God who trust in Him in our circumstances. Often we are children who our prayer is more " You get me out of my circumstances and then I will trust in You". God wants us to trust Him in our circumstances. As we walk with God let us pray that we will become more faithful and trusting in our God and Savior.

Most of us are watching what is going on in the Middle East. Remember to trust God, knowing He is in control. While we should stay informed, stay informed with out fear. When we do fear, go to Jesus. This situation, has not taken God by surprised. Nothing has happened that God has not allowed. God's heart is broken when little children are killed, but God made mankind with freewill. God will revenge the blood of children but He did not create robots and God will work out the worse that happens for good. It is good that the world sees the evil so that Countries will step in and defend the children but one day those who take innocent blood will have to face God. Pray for those who have lost their children. Pray that God will use this situation to bring many to Christ.

Have a blessed day and look for ways you can share God's love with others. As we see the age of the Gentiles coming to its end, seek God's face more, attend a Bible believing Church, and pray more.

Hebrews 10:22-25King James Version (KJV)

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6. 2017

In the morning I am blessed to be able to take time for reflection. I ask God what He wants me to write and then I quietly reflect on the last couple days. Often what I write goes a complete different way then when I started. There is advantages to seeking God's will when we work for Him. Whether it is singing, playing a musical instrument, singing, teaching, or writing, we can be used for the Glory of God. When we seek God's will then we can be a blessing to others. I have often been blessed by a song at Church. The singer had no idea the trial I was going though but God did. When we seek God's will, God can use us to comfort the hurting and discouraged.

In this world it is easy to become discouraged. We see evil growing and people we once respected seem to look for ways to destroy others through word and deed. Late night television has become nothing but hate speech against our President. At this point it doesn't matter if you voted for him or not, Celebrities are trashing the office of the Presidency. The less Americans respect the position of the Presidency, the easier it will be for the UN to one day appoint a One World Leader. We need not fear what is happening but it should sadden us. God will win in the end and if we are His child, we are on the winning side.

Knowing what the outcome does not mean that we should not pray. When you seem someone trashing our President and burning our flag, it is easy to be over whelmed by hate. Instead of allowing our hearts to hate, let us pray for the offender. Remember he or she is being influenced by Satan, himself. Pray for the lost, especially our loved ones and friends. When we study how things will be during the tribulation, our hearts should burn with prayers for loved ones and friends to be saved before it is too late.

Seek God's will today. Pray that you will be a beacon of hope and light to a world that is growing darker every day.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2017

There will be days that we do not feel up to praising God. Whether it is physical pain or emotional pain, there are times that our prayers must start out with us talking to God about our issues. There were times that David's prayers were about what was tormenting him and dragging him down. As he laid down his concerns to God, he begin to remember in the past when God brought him victory. He begin to encourage himself in the Lord and then his prayer turned to praising God. God wants us to be honest with Him. He doesn't want praise that comes from obligation. It is better to open up to God and lay out our concerns, fears, and pain. Then we can praise God out of a heart of thanksgiving. Prayer is not a chemical formula that we pray. Prayer is talking to God from the heart. Of course there are times that our heart is filled with praises to God and we start out our prayer with praise from our hearts. Always be honest, but respectful in our prayers to God. We are praying to Almighty God, Creator of the Universe.

When we pray always try to remember to pray for others. We need to have a compassionate heart that cares about others and their problems. As we go through the day we can offer up little prayers of thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father. We serve a mighty God who is worthy of all praises. God bless you today in a special way.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2017

Today I turned 65. I was upset when the Medicare card came but now I realize that I am blessed to have another Birthday. I was 7 years when I got saved, so I have lived a lot of years as a Christian. In some ways it would be nice if God gave us a report card every year. Some years we would rejoice because we would see marked, much improvement. Sadly, there are other years we would see that we have fallen behind.
One thing we do not want to do not want to do is lose our first love for God.

Revelation 2:1-7King James Version (KJV)

2 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

We will fail and we will succeed but let us always have a heart of love for Christ. When we do succeed, give the Glory to God. When we fail, seek forgiveness from God. In our hearts we want to be perfect Christians, but remember we are still in our imperfect bodies and we battle against our flesh everyday. Our flesh is selfish and self centered but we pray every day to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us into living for God and others . God called us to obedience and service, seek to live for Christ in a spirit of obedience. Seek to serve God as He has called us to do so.

We get older and we developed sicknesses, but through it all, may we have a willing and obedient spirit for the cause of Christ. Sure as we get older there will be things we can no longer do. Sometimes diseases rob us of abilities, but we can pray that God will show us ways we can serve Him. Always serve God out of love and not obligation. As long as we have breath, we can pray for others. Praying for others is a ministry for Christ. Even from our sick bed we can pray for others.

Ephesians 3:20-21King James Version (KJV)20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Betty

Lovely to see several cardinals this morning

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2017

When we enter this world, as babies, it is the simple things that intrigue us. Every day, babies learn new things. Even the turning of the ceiling fan is a wonder to a baby. As we grow older it takes more complex things to get our attention and impress us. I am finding as I get older, I am once again intrigued by the little things. The dove couple who eat at my feeder always makes me happy. Seeing new birds I haven't seen before gives me joy. The beautiful sound of birds singing brightens my day.

As Christians, let us always realize how special the things of God are. That warm feeling that comes over you, when you are in distress and you can feel a special touch of God on you, remember it is the Almighty Himself that has reached out to comfort you. Never take for granted the love of Jesus. When we have been Christians since childhood we can begin to take for granted our salvation. Forgetting that our salvation was bought with the precious blood of Jesus. Our salvation is not just for this world but it will last through out eternity. Can we say: "Praise God!"?

God does wondrous works and miracles and for that we are most grateful, but let us also be grateful for the little things, the tiny diamonds of joy through out our day. "The joy of the Lord is our strength".

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2017

Friends, have you ever awoken on Sunday and just did not feel like going to Church. This morning I had a case of the lazies, but I made myself go. I must say I felt more refreshed when I got out of Church then when I got there. I know there are times that we are too ill to go and I believe God understands. I am in a colitis flare but just at the point I can leave the house if I don't eat, probably why I feel so tired. So I do understand that the devil likes to discourage us from going to Church and there are some days he doesn't even have to do much work. I know this from the times that I have gone back to bed when the alarm went off. Thank God, that He understand our frailties and forgives our failures. Whether you were able to go to Church or not, spend some time communicating with our Heavenly Father.

Someone at Church said that the weather guy on Channel 2 recommended that people stay home from Church this morning and watch Church on TV. The Pastor said that he was going to pray that God would award us for coming out. God is good and the weather was nice until I got home. The wind is really picking up now. Praying we do not have a tornado.

Betty

I am looking forward to our blessed hope [clap2] [rapture]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Lar,

Sorry I missed it. I answered today. Your prayers are very much appreciated. I believe we are living in a time when praying for one another is very important. May God richly bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty Louise,

Thanks so much for your response to me here, Betty Louise -- and thanks for asking for God's blessing on me! -- [Smile] I think that your posts are quite easy to read and to understand, and I perceive that God is leading you to share the messages.

By the way, just a day or so ago, I wrote you a private message. I'm kind of new to such things as "private messages," but I think that if you click on "my profile" (up at the top of the page) that you will be able to see it.

-- Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2017

Friends, have you ever awoken on Sunday and just did not feel like going to Church. This morning I had a case of the lazies, but I made myself go. I must say I felt more refreshed when I got out of Church then when I got there. I know there are times that we are too ill to go and I believe God understands. I am in a colitis flare but just at the point I can leave the house if I don't eat, probably why I feel so tired. So I do understand that the devil likes to discourage us from going to Church and there are some days he doesn't even have to do much work. I know this from the times that I have gone back to bed when the alarm went off. Thank God, that He understand our frailties and forgives our failures. Whether you were able to go to Church or not, spend some time communicating with our Heavenly Father.

Someone at Church said that the weather guy on Channel 2 recommended that people stay home from Church this morning and watch Church on TV. The Pastor said that he was going to pray that God would award us for coming out. God is good and the weather was nice until I got home. The wind is really picking up now. Praying we do not have a tornado.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

A few days ago I read about an abortion Doctor, who came out saying that he was tired of people saying that he could not be a Christian and perform abortions. He claimed he is doing God's Work. My first emotion was anger then I thought how stupid he was. This morning as I let the dog out, God showed me that my emotion should be compassion. How sad that this man has been so deceived by Satan that he honestly believes he is doing the work of God by killing unborn babies!

Proverbs 6:16-19King James Version (KJV)16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

He has been so mislead by the devil that he believes he can kill unborn babies and be a Christian. He is not the only one. There are ministers that have tried to pray God's blessings on Planned Parenthood. I say try, because I do not believe that God will ever bless Planned Parenthood. There are politicians who say Planned Parenthood is doing God's work. How far mankind has fallen when people believe that killing the unborn is God's work. Can you get a more innocent human then the unborn?

The devil in his deception of people, has convinced militant Muslims that killing Christians is God's work. They do not realize that they are not serving the God of Heaven, but Satan, himself. When we see people doing the work of the devil under the Name of God, we should be angry, but at the devil for deceiving so many people but compassion for those who have been led into the grips of sin by the evil one.
There are so many who will be shocked when they stand before God and condemned to hell. They honestly believe the evil they do or support will be sanctioned by God!

Let us stand strong in our faith and pray that God will protect us from deception. Sadly there are those who pray and believe that they are saved but have left the truth of the Gospel and accepted the lies of Satan, condoning what God has flat our said is sin. Pray that their eyes be opened to the truth before it is too late.

Have a blessed day and pray for others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Lar,

You are indeed a blessing to me. I know I am not that smart and my spelling is awful but I pray each day that God will not only give me the words to write but help me write in a way that is pleasing to Him.
God bless you for your encouragement to me,
Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Hi Betty Louise,

I would just like to thank you (once again) for all of your posts of encouragement and exhortation to the people here on this Christian bulletin board. I perceive that you're personally going through a very difficult time, (especially with all of your ailments), and yet, you (in effect) having been *giving thanks* to the Lord - by means of your encouraging others - even at a time when (I suspect) you yourself are very much in need of encouragement.

I used to be a list owner/leader of two Christian mailing lists, and I would often post posts of encouragement and exhortation to the list members, but I rarely got a response of appreciation (or thanks) for doing this. And that's why I've felt a burden to give *you* a post of thanks and appreciation - every now and then - for all that you do.

Thank you!

-- Lar

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2017

For workers who are off on the weekends there is physical sign when you finish work on Friday. It's a relief to let go of the stress of work, I have been there, myself. You still have work to do on weekends, but there you don't have a boss standing over you. One day we will leave all the stress, fears, and sickness of this world to enter into Heaven. We will sup with our Lord and Savior who knows us better then even our mates and families and yet He loves and died for us. What a encouraging thought to think of those days ahead!

What if Jesus refused to die for all? What if He had taken a list of names to God said that He did not want to die for those people? What if my name had been on that list? PRAISE GOD! Jesus died for all!
Jesus knew our failures before we were every born. He knew our stubbornness and leaning to sin and yet He shed His precious blood for sinners such as me. Are we often unappreciative of the grace of God? Do we sometimes think we are better then others? Do we forget that we are sinners saved by grace? If we are not careful we can begin to look down on others who are not Christians. We need to have a loving attitude of prayer about sinners. We need to remind ourselves that if it wasn't for the grace of God, we would still be dead in our sins. There should be no self pride in our salvation but gratefulness and love for Christ who bought our salvation with His precious blood! The right attitude can be ours if we pray that God will give us a loving heart. We need to remind ourselves of the future for sinners, eternal damnation. How can we prideful about people who are dying and going to hell? How can our hearts not hurt at the thought of that?
It is easy to live our lives in a bubble and have no compassion for others. Let us pray that God will give us a heart of compassion and love for believers and non believers.

Have a blessed weekend and seek ways that you can offer a kind hand to others, even a kind smile can brighten the load of another.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30,2017

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

_-----_------------------------------------------------

We live in a world with so many modern inventions that just the thought of, would have been laughed at in the 50's. Knowledge has increased and yet the world is ablazed with hatred and crime. Just as Paul said: what is good will be considered evil and what is evil is considered good. Just as all the Kings men could not put humpity dumpity back together again, the world cannot fix her problems. Christianity is kept out of Schools but many are now teaching the Muslim religion to children. Children are not only taught that evil is acceptable but that it is good. Children of God could easily lose heart, if we did not have the Bible that assures us that God will win in the end. Evil will be defeated. For now, all we can do is teach our children the truth and pray for our family and our friends. Encourage yourself in the Lord. Do not believe the lies of the devil for he is the father of lies.

We do not have to walk around defeated and disheartened. We have read the ending and we are on the winning side if we are children of God. Rejoice for victory is in sight. Our hope is not in government our hope is in Almighty God. Our joy is not in our circumstances but our joy is the joy of the Lord. Live in victory and do not hide in defeat. Praise God for His mighty works today and to come.

Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Hi Betty,

Your post today - of Wednesday Mar.29, 2017 - was truly an encouraging word. It reminded me of the scripture: "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18) KJV

Betty Louise, your attitude could be one of despair in your very difficult situation, and yet, you have a steadfast Christian attitude of enduring faith and hope!

May God bless you!

-- Lar

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

For three months I was in remission from colitis, but the last two weeks I have gone back into a flare. When you have a disease that there is no cure it can be discouraging, but when you have four (COPD, OA, Colitis, and Fibro), it can lead to depression. Yet, God in His mercy reminds me of the day when I enter a Heaven when there will be no pain and no sickness. In 1994 I developed OA, since that time I cannot remember a day without pain, but I can honestly say that God has walked with me every day. In in 2008 I developed COPD and fibro. In 2013 I developed colitis. It was through the colitis, that was extreme and it took years to find medication to calm it, that God begin to work on me writing a blog for His glory. If I had not be given the colitis I would have never been given this ministry. Would I have asked for colitis, I don't know, but I can now be grateful that God used a disease to help me grow spiritually.

What ever pain God allows in our life, we can pray that God will use that pain for His glory and for our spiritual growth. We have to stop fighting God and surrender to His will and then we can grow in Him.
I can understand your pain, because colitis is a embarrassing disease. I am always happy to pray for you and you know I will understand. You don't even have to tell me what to pray for just say pray for me and I will.

Do not lose heart my friends. There is victory ahead. We are not children with out hope. Our hope is in our Heavenly Father, creator of all things. One day soon we will be walking on streets of gold. Do not give up when we are so close to victory and the prize that awaits us.

Betty

Saw a male cardinal this morning on my fence.

[hug]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Lar,
I will gladly pray for you to sleep well.
Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Hi Betty Louise,

I very much agree with a comment that you shared today in your post... You wrote:
------------------
Let us seek to be loving and forgiving towards others. The easiest path to forgiveness is to pray for those who hurt you. As you pray God's blessing on them you open your heart to forgive them and you keep bitterness from forming in your heart.
------------------

Betty Louise, because Christians have a *new inner nature* in them, (the nature of Christ), they actually *can* pray for other people with the Lord's unconditional love! Isn't that wonderful?!! In a Christian's new "inner man", the things that are true in Christ are also true in them. (As it says in 1 John): "Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you:" (1 John 2:8)

My understanding of this is that the "new commandment" is to love one another. (see: John 13:34; see also: the second part of 1 John 3:23)

Being able to love other people (especially other Christians) with the Lord's supernatural, unconditional love *is* possible for Christians to do: because the thing that is "true in him" is also true in the Christian! (That is, it is true in their new inner nature - in Christ) Praise God!!

By the way, Betty Louise, I'll pray that you have an easier time sleeping... And I request that you would please also pray for my sleep too. (I tend to wake up a lot during the night, and I very seldom seem to get a good, sound, continuous sleep because of this.

Thank you very much, and may God bless you! - [Smile]

-- Lar

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement