Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 26)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

This morning I have had about half dozen squirrels. Three of them chasing each other around a tree. At times so many leaves are falling it looks like it is raining leaves. I saw one red bird, earlier. Looking out this bay window at nature lifts my spirit and makes me feel closer to God. I think everyone has little things in their life that makes them smile. We live in a time where there are so many bad things going on around us. We need to remember that Jesus warned us in the last days that there would be tribulation and war. Sadly though the world is perplexed about terrorism and other things that are happening, they are not for the most part turning to God for the answers. At the Houston VA, and the Tomball VA, I have talked to a handful of men who recognize that we are living in the last days. Sadly many Pastors will not preach on end times. Which leaves their congregations totally in prepared for not only what is happening but what could be in the future. A feel good all is right with the world Preacher is great if you are living in the Garden of Eden, but not if you live in a world where terrorism and mass shootings is happening so much that we are no longer shocked. In today's world a sports figure can be penalized for taking a knee to the ground for God, yet a Bruce Jenner is consider brave for deciding that he is a woman. Abortion is considered a woman's right and yet the same people protest to save baby animals. We have young people so confused about the sexual orientation that it is considered hip that a young female pop singer considers herself a guy one day and a female The next. We have college students who feel they are entitled to everything free and are so unprepared for the real world that thing they need a safe zone on campus to protect them from words. The Attorney General wants jail time for those who say anything against Islam. We are in the perfect position for the Antichrist to come on the scene. I believe Jesus is coming soon. We need to keep our hearts and minds on Jesus.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

This morning I am overwhelmed with my inadequates. I want to be used by God but I am frail and weak over whelmed with 11 months of being ill with a disease that drains your strength and often leads to depression. This morning if it wasn't for the pain keeping me from falling back to sleep I could have just covered my head and stayed in bed all day. I say this not for pity but because I know there are others like me who are suffering either from disease or the illness of depression. I sympathize with you who are there and understand the overwhelming temptation to give up. My dear friends, do not give up and keep fighting until Jesus comes for us or calls you home. Our work for Christ is not in vain. Maybe you are at the point that you cannot do physical things for God but you can use the gift of prayer, to pray for the lost, Missionaries, and fellow Christians. I have found over an over as you step out in faith and do what God calls you to do, you will find that God will strengthen you and lift your spirit. Listening to and singing praises to God will also not only be your gift to God your Father, but it is a gift that goes both ways. As you sing you will lift yourself up and bring joy to God and yourself.
Let us all seek to work for God and let us encourage one another. At the moment the only nature outside I have seen was a red wasp. Inside one of my cats and my baby (my dog) have feasted.
I pray that God will bless you today and bring sunshine in your life.
Betty

Gospel
Take My Hand, Precious Lord lyrics

Ringtones left icon Send "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" Ringtone to your Cell Ringtones right icon

Take My Hand Precious Lord

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on,
Let me stand
I'm tired, I am weak I am worn
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near
When my life is almost gone
Hear my cry,
Hear my call
Hold my hand lest I fall

When the darkness appears and the night draws near
And the day is past and gone
At the river I stand
Guide my feet,
Hold my hand

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on,
Let me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

The Doctor is going to run more test to see what is going on so I am thankful for that. Today my mind feels like a hamster going around and around on one of those wheels and my thoughts are scattered. Have a few squirrels at the feeders and a couple of red wasps at the humming bird feeder. Sometimes we have to calm ourselves, especially those of us with ADD. The same with our spirit. The devil can tie us up in a state of confusion and get our eyes off Jesus. We have to reign in our thoughts and put our focus on God. When our focus is on God, we stop seeing mountains we cannot cross and see our Heavenly Father who can get us through anything. May today we stay more focused on our Heavenly Father and less on our struggles and problems. God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

I woke singing songs about Heaven in my mind. What a way to wake up, rejoicing in knowing the joys and the happiness that awaits us some day in Heaven. Yet we don't have to wait till Heaven to experience the joy and peace that only God can give us. As we live out our life for Jesus, we will find our hearts filled with joy and peace. This morning I have had the privilege of watching birds of various sizes eating at the bird feeders and two squirrels feasting at their feeders. I have found since I got sick that it is the little things that make me joyful. When we walk with God, He often brings small things throughout the day that makes us smile, little dew drops of joy. We live in a world that seems to drain us of joy. From the person in front of us going 30 miles an hour in 50 zone to the person behind us riding our car's rear end, who eventually cuts us off even if we are 5 over the speed limit. These are small things and when you add in the big things like terrorism, war, and murder, we are apt to have our joy completely drained. This is why we need to talk to God throughout the day, getting refills of peace and joy. When we neglect our time with God we will become discouraged and overwhelmed. So let us remember to keep our heart steadfast on Jesus and remind ourselves no matter what chaos the devil is creating in the world today, God is in control. Have a blessed day and find moments throughout the day to talk to Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday,

We live in a world where the word love" has been watered down. We say I love chocolate ice cream or fancy chocolates. Compassion is something that the world has too little of today. We can walk by a homeless man and while we may feel a moment of sadness we often do not have true compassion for him. Let's face it we are more often to feel discomfort at seeing him rather then feel genuine compassion. Sometimes it is because we honestly don't know what to do to help people. It could be we fear being in the same position that he is. I am not saying it is our job to feed every homeless person. The truth is some people begging for money are not homeless but their "job" is begging for money. We can pray for decrement. I think most of us have at times heard a voice in our heart to help someone and sometimes we feel that we should pass another person by. I think it is never wrong to pray for both types. I saw a man with a sign that said: "I am begging for money instead of robbing you". He seemed to be getting more people to give, simply became people thought his sign had imagination .

It is not just the homeless person that we need to show compassion to. Do we feel compassion when we see a handicapped person struggling to get to their car? Do we say a prayer that God will give that person strength to make the day? When we hear that a person has lost their job do we feel only relief that it wasn't us or do we stop and pray for that person? Let us seek to have a compassionate heart towards others. Even when someone we know has fallen into sin, let us love them and be compassionate towards them. Pray for one another and have a compassionate heart for one another.

"Compassion is the response to the suffering of others that motivates a desire to help.[1
Compassion motivates people to go out of their way to help physical, spiritual, or emotional hurts or pains of another. Compassion is often regarded as having an emotional aspect to it, though when based on cerebral notions such as fairness, justice and interdependence, it may be considered rational in nature and its application understood as an activity based on sound judgment. There is also an aspect of compassion which regards a quantitative dimension, such that individual's compassion is often given a property of "depth," "vigour," or "passion." The etymology of "compassion" is Latin, meaning "co-suffering." More involved than simple empathy, compassion commonly gives rise to an active desire to alleviate another's suffering.[2]

Compassion is often, though not inevitably, the key component in what manifests in the social context as altruism.[citation needed] In ethical terms, the expressions down the ages of the so-called Golden Rule often embodies by implication the principle of compassion: Do to others what you would have them do to you.[3][original research?]

The English noun compassion, meaning to love together with, comes from Latin. Its prefix com- comes directly from com, an archaic version of the Latin preposition and affix cum (= with); the -passion segment is derived from passus, past participle of the deponent verb patior, patī, passus sum. Compassion is thus related in origin, form and meaning to the English noun patient (= one who suffers), from patiens, present participle of the same patior, and is akin to the Greek verb πάσχειν (= paskhein, to suffer) and to its cognate noun πάθος (= pathos).[4][5] Ranked a great virtue in numerous philosophies, compassion is considered in almost all the major religious traditions as among the greatest of virtues.w m". Wikipedia thank you .

This morning I saw the tiniest woodpecker. It was trying to figure out what so do with the tree. It was so focused on the tree that I was able to get close and watch for awhile. Have a blessed day! Pray that God will give you a compassionate heart towards others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Sunday,

Feeling sad because I was too sick to drive to Church this morning.  See two Doctors this week and praying they can find a solution.  I miss not being in Church.  But  I do have something that makes me happy.  My son and his girlfriend, Sarah got a Christmas tree yesterday and decorated it for the house.  I love Christmas and really enjoy the tree.  Thank you, Jeff and Sarah.  My daughter, Jennifer and my grand daughter, Brittany came to see us, yesterday.  Their  visit encouraged me.  Thank you Jenn and Britt.

The Bible say that to praise God in everything.  I used to think that meant you had to praise and thank God  for the bad things that happen to us, but I have realize that is not the case.  We praise God in the middle of bad situations and in spite of our circumstances.  Like the song that says "We bring the sacrifice of praise" we praise God through the good and bad times.  God's love for us is steady and strong.  Our circumstances doesn't determine our standing with God.  Let us serve God with a cheerful heart no matter what our circumstances are.   May God cover you and your family with His love and His protection.

Betty
Hebrews 13:15By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. 16But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

This morning I have a few birds and squirrels in the back. I don't know what is in the front. Yesterday, I accidentally ran over a squirrel. It broke my heart. This has been an exhausting week but I am thankful that God brought hubby through his procedure and though there is a blockage in a bad place, they believe medication will fix that. Watching a squirrel run across a small branch that moves with every step he takes. The squirrel is not afraid and is trusting the branch to hold him or her. Us humans could learn from nature. When God puts a on a path, instead of trusting God, we often question God. We want to be reminded by God over and over if He is going to be with us or is He going to let us fall. How much better if we would trust God to protect us. Even when bad things happen, God is with, He doesn't run away. Let us learn from nature and trust our Creator and our Heavenly Father. May your day be blessed and may you be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

"Lord, we see danger and trouble all around us. Help us not to worry but instead to trust and rest in You. Show us the peace that comes from waiting patiently on You."

This was the prayer for the day in my Daily Bread. This prayer is definitely for the times that we live in.
When I find myself overwhelmed by personal and world problems I find myself doing one of two things. One is to doubt and question God and the other is to flee. I have this overwhelming desire to get in the car and just go. Thankfully reason sets in and I do not flee and the Holy Spirit convicts me of my doubts.
We are living in times that our faith will be tested and our security will be challenged. But we must remember the old hymn that says "I have come to far to give up now". How sad it would be to give up when we may be just feet from the finish line. If we keep our eyes on this world and our personal problems, we will be overcomed and we take a chance of failing not just ourselves but our Heavenly Father.
Not only do we live in a world where every day brings violence and fears but people we know will disappoint us. Sometimes people we love will fail us but we must remind ourselves that God will never fail us. Yes the violence is increasing but Jesus, Himself warned us that in the last days it would be like this. This is the time to pray more, live by faith more, and encourage ourselves in the Lord. While we need to stay informed about what is going on, let the news drive us to our knees and not to doubts and fears.
There is indeed victory in Jesus. Even in the midst of storms we can have peace in our minds and hearts.
God bless you today.
Betty

I have a couple of squirrels this morning. I moved the bird feeder to a pole. The squirrels were hanging from the tree eating out of the bird feeder. The squirrel can eat out of their own feeders.

Dottie Rambo - Too Much To Gain To Lose Lyrics
1. Too many miles behind me
Too many trials my feet have walked through
Too many tears help me remember
There's too much to gain to lose.

Chorus
Too many sunsets lie behind the mountain
Too many rivers my feet have walked through
Too many treasures are waiting over yonder

2. I've crossed the hot burning desert
I was struggling the right road to choose
But somewhere up ahead there's cool clear water
And defeat is one word i'll never use.

Chorus
Too many sunsets lie behind the mountain
Too many rivers my feet have walked through
Too many treasures are waiting over yonder

Tag
Oh, too many treasures are waiting over yonder
There's too much to gain to lose!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Hubby has a heart procedure this morning so we are up very early for us. This just came up yesterday and was unexpected. Life has a way of throwing a curve ball. While I wish this wasn't happening to hubby, I am grateful that God has allowed Doctors to know how to do this procedures. I am trusting God to be with us today and bring hubby and I home safely this afternoon. Some people believe that a person's physical health is regulated by their spiritual health. God bless people who are born with healthy genes. But the truth is some of the most spiritually close to God people I have known have had physical struggles. We are all called to carry our cross for the Lord. For some people their cross is physical disease and handicaps. This does not mean that they are less important to God. It is not what our cross is but what our attitude is as we carry our cross. Paul, himself had a thorn in his side that he prayed three times for God to remove it. God chose not to remove it but told Paul that He would give Paul the grace to carry it. Let us be careful not to judge one another or compare our cross with one another. Let us carry our own cross with dignity and grace and pray for one another.

I think the squirrels are still asleep, but I do see a male Cardinal. Be blessed and let is aim to hold one another up in prayer. God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Life has away of throwing curves in the road. Your traveling on a straight path and out of nowhere you have a sharp curve that nearly throws you off course. Let's face it, our first response is usually fear and anger. Sometimes these curves are to take us in a different direction. Life is not like a map that we can plan our journey, knowing every step of the way in advance. Life can change on a dime. I am a planner and like to know in advance what is going to happen from day to day. Change is hard for me, and yet change while bringing challenges can bring happy surprises our way. The hard part is letting go, and letting God do His work. When we stop trying to control our situation and willingly give it to God, we can let go of the anger and fear. If we are wholly trust in God, we will let go of the fear. The more we learn to trust in God the less these curves and valleys in the road will throw us into a tenses. Trust God to guide you today and have your listening ears open to hear what He has to say to you. Have a teachable spirit so we can learn what God is trying to teach us.

This morning I have had about a dozen squirrels and a few birds. I am always to see the rare red squirrel enjoying the seeds I put out. May you be blessed today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tuesay,

I woke up sick very early this morning and was awake awhile. This morning I feel weak, with a whopper of headache, but not discouraged. The Doctors are clueless about what is going on but I know God is in control. It is not important that I understand why this is happening but to remind myself that God is with me. I admit that I am praying that the Doctors find out what is going on so they can treat me better, but I must not allow myself to be overwhelmed with fear and doubt. It is easy to praise God when our health is good and everything else is lined up like it should be. But true faith is worked by not knowing and yet still trusting. Everyone of us have problems and I am not thinking I am the only one with struggles. I pray that God will be with you today and give you strength and peace of mind as your carry your load. I pray that I will be an encouragement to you as you walk your journey and to remind you that in the midst of the storm there is peace.

This morning a male Cardinal and some squirrels. God has blessed me today by sharing nature with me.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday,

As I was sitting here, I must admit I was feeling sorry for myself. I woke up with pain as usual and stayed in bed for another 30 minutes knowing the pain would get worse when I started walking around and it did. So I was having a little pitty party, but then I looked outside and saw two squirrels chasing each other around the tree trunk. The pain did not go away but my focused changed to the squirrels instead of my pain. That is like our spiritual struggles. If we focus on the struggle instead of focusing on God then we can lose heart and become fearful. If we keep our eyes on Jesus we can not only overcome with God but we can be joyful throughout the battle. I purchased a couple weeks ago a feeder that is suppose to keep the squirrels out. Those squirrels with much time and effort have figured out how to get the feed out. Just think of the battles we can win if we keep our focus on God and not give into defeat. The devil wants us to focus on the moment, but we have been promised eternity with God our Father. As Paul said keep your eyes on the prize and not on your circumstances. Our suffering is for such a short time when you consider an eternity in Heaven. I believe Jesus is coming back soon and one day we will look from the glories of Heaven and know that every struggle, every pain, and every disappointment was so worth it all! As a runner in a race, let us keep our eyes on the prize and not let our present troubles overwhelm us. May God bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I am dressed and ready for Church and if the dizziness passes I am going. This morning the backyard and trees are filled with squirrels chasing each other and playing. I believe this one of many things that show the sense of humor of God. Even squirrels like to play. We often look as God being always stern and just waiting for us to make a mistake. I believe this is a lie from the devil. I believe God and the Angels are sad when we fail and rejoice when we succeed. Should we not strive to be like God and weep when people fail and rejoice with them when they succeed. Let us have a loving spirit and a heart of kindness toward one another. I have heard said and I have said myself that Christians often kick each other when one is down. Let us strife to lift up each other in prayer. We do not want to be a tool used by the devil against fellow believers. God bless you today and through out the coming week.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I was singing a song to myself this morning while I feed the animals and birds and squirrels, "Without Him". When I think of that song I think of Ruth, who sang that song as a solo at the Church we grew up in. Not only do I love the song but I love Ruth. Ruth has always been such a compassionate, sweet girl who loved the Lord. She was an example of what we younger girls wanted to be. Songs not only inspire us but they bring up memories. When we sing songs of praise and worship we not only honor God but we lift up our spirits and encourage ourselves in the Lord. I heard a Pastor said that the singing was us giving to God and the preaching was God giving to us. God is not looking for those who have great voices but for all of us to join in worship to our Lord and King. I often remind my family who the men are not much into singing in public that the Bible says to make a joyful noise to the Lord. It does not say those who have great voices sing. Because of my health I usually can only sing one verse and one chorus and then my voice leaves but I keep mouthing the words and sing in my heart. I love singing. Let us worship God as go about our day and remind ourselves of His love for us.

In the light rain I have several squirrels this morning.
Betty

Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Please don’t turn Him away
Oh Jesus, my Jesus
Without Him how lost would I be

Without Him I could do nothing
Without Him I’d surely fail
Oh, Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Oh Jesus, my Jesus

Without Him I would be dying
Without Him I’d be enslaved
And without Him my life would be worthless
But with Jesus, thank God I am saved

That’s why I cry Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Oh Jesus, my Jesus

That’s why I sing Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Oh Jesus, my Jesus

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com...rics/#6MgO5p63mCuBfWww.99

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We did not get up to go to any Black Friday sales. My days of fighting crowds are over. This morning my devotion had this: "God helps those who know they are helpless". Most of my life I have heard people say that: "God helps those who help themselves". People say it is in the Bible, but it is not. Truth is God helps those who admit they need help. We cannot save our selves. Without the intervention of the Holy Spirit speaking to our hearts, we would not even know we were sinners. There is no amount of good deeds we can do to save our selves. Salvation is a gift. The only action is for us to admits we are sinners, accept the gift of our salvation, and turn from our sinful ways. As Christians, we must not allow the sin of pride keep us from seeking God's help and guidance in our lives. God doesn't want a bunch of self-righteous Christians. He wants children who are willing to be molded by God and to admit our weakness. As Paul said it is though our weakness that we become strong in Christ.
Have a blessed day and be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Happy Thanksgiving,

Today is a day we set aside for a special thanksgiving gift to God, our Father. Remind yourself of the times since last Thanksgiving God has protected you and your family. Thank God for the new blessings in your life. Great is the faithfulness of God to His children. As you sit around your table with family be thankful for each person and remember to pray for one another.
Sending everyone a hug and best wishes for a lovely day with loved ones.
Betty

Great is Thy Faithfulness
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
© 1923. Ren. 1951 Hope Publishing Co., Carol Stream, IL 60188
www.hopepublishing.com
All rights reserved. Used by permission.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I was singing this Morning "There's within my heart a melody, Jesus whispers sweet and low, fear not I am with you, Peace be still" all I could remember . Every day Jesus brings me little reminders that He is with me on my journey. Every encouragement keeps me going and keeps me from falling into depression. Everyday all of us start our morning not knowing what path the day will bring and yet we do not need to fear, for if we begin our day with trusting in Jesus we know we will not be alone. As we begin our day we need to pray that God will give us eyes to see the opportunities He brings our way to share His love with others. We need to pray that God will give us a sweet spirit to deal with others with love and kindness.
We do not want to miss opportunities that God sends our way. I have been guilty of missing an opportunity only to see what I missed after I have left the person. Even when this happens we can still be used by God. Pray for forgiveness and then pray that God will send someone else into that persons life to share the Gospel of Christ. Pray for your lost loved ones and friends. Pray for protection for your family. Pray for yourself, God wants you to. I pray that God will bring opportunities in your life to be a beacon of God's goodness to others. God bless you.
Betty

I had a red bird this morning but all is quiet at the moment.

There's Within My Heart a Melody

The United Methodist Hymnal Number 380
Text: Luther B. Bridgers
Music: Luther B. Bridgers
Tune: SWEETEST NAME, Meter: 97.97 with Refrain
1. There's within my heart a melody
Jesus whispers sweet and low:
Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still,
in all of life's ebb and flow.
Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
sweetest name I know,
fills my every longing,
keeps me singing as I go.

2. All my life was wrecked by sin and strife,
discord filled my heart with pain;
Jesus swept across the broken strings,
stirred the slumbering chords again.
(Refrain)

3. Though sometimes he leads through waters deep,
trials fall across the way,
though sometimes the path seems rough and steep,
see his footprints all the way.
(Refrain)

4. Feasting on the riches of his grace,
resting neath his sheltering wing,
always looking on his smiling face,
that is why I shout and sing.
(Refrain)

5. Soon he's coming back to welcome me
far beyond the starry sky;
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown;
I shall reign with him on high.
(Refrain)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I woke up at nine this morning but I had a whopper of a headache, so I turned over and slept another hour. That was fine with the dog but when I got up my cat, Sassy Girl, let me know her displeasure. When I think about it, it is often the little things that can get our goat. We spill our coffee, we can't find our glasses, or we forgot to defrost the meat for supper. If we are not careful we can little things ruin our attitude for the day. There is a saying I remind myself when little problems change my plans. I say to myself "little problems make life interesting. We can take it a step further and when spill the coffee, we can be thankful that we have hot coffee. We can turn those bumps into gratefulness.
As we continue the spirit of thankfulness, remember to be thankful for our families.
I pray that God will bless you today and your families.
Betty

A few squirrels this morning. No birds around yet, that I can see.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Evening and Happy Monday,

I woke up with less pain then I had last night and that is a blessing. This morning I have send birds and squirrels at the feeder and that made me happy. This is the time of the year when Americans turn to an attitude of thankfulness, as we should. Truth is there are so many things we take for granted. We take for granted that water will flow out of our pipes and with a click of a light switch we will have lights. If there is a issue with anyone of those we get upset. Yet in many parts of their world that is not an option. We should begin every day thanking God for our blessings . Of course our lives are not perfect and we all have problems. Some of us deal with health issues every day. Some of us have family problems. But we can remind ourselves that we have a Heavenly Father who walks with us every day.
My girlfriend from Amarillo came to visit so I laid this aside. Ruthie and I had a lovely visit. Then hubby and I went and got the stuff for the sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving. At the moment in moderate pain but I am blessed that I have medication that helps.
I hope everyone has a blessed evening. Remember to pray for one another and rejoice in our walk with Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and have a Blessed Sunday,

Waiting for time to go to Church and afterwards lunch with Jeff's girlfriend's parents. Took extra medication as I always do on Sunday, but can't take anything for the pain because I am driving. That is okay. Worshipping in God's House is what is important. Hubby going this morning and I am thankful for that.

He Keeps Me Singing
Verse 1
There’s within my heart a melody
Jesus whispers sweet and low,
Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still
In all of life’s ebb and flow.

Chorus
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Sweetest Name I know
Fills my every longing
Keeps me singing as I go.

Verse 2
All my life was wrecked by sin and strife
Discord filled my heart with pain
Jesus swept across the broken strings
Stirred the slumb’ring chords again

Verse 3
Feasting on the riches of His grace
Resting ’neath His shelt’ring wing
Always looking on His smiling face
That is why I shout and sing

Verse 4
Tho’ sometimes He leads thro’ waters deep
Trials fall across the way
Tho’ sometimes the path seems rough and steep
See His footprints all the way

Verse 5
Soon He’s coming back to welcome me
Far beyond the starry sky
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown
I shall reign with Him on high

This song is how I feel today. We are not promised a life without problems, but we know Jesus is with us every step and we know He is coming soon to take us to a place where there will be no pain, no suffering, and no death. Let us worship the God who loved us enough to leave Heaven, live as a man, and die and rise again, just to redeem sinners like us. Let us not take God's sacrifice for granted but to be grateful and live our life in a way that is pleasing to Him. Have a blessed day and seek to be a blessing to others.
Do not lose heart, for our redemption is closer then ever.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Mornings are hard for me physically. Because I wake up sick, I am usually weak and lightheaded when I do my morning chores. Every morning God brings me little blessings to encourage me and lift my spirit.
Today's blessing was not little and was unexpected. I came to the kitchen to find a candy jar with a flower top with pumpkin kisses and a note from my son saying that his girlfriend, Sarah, had got that for me and had made me a butterscotch pie in a heart shape. I am so blessed that God has brought such a sweet Christian girl into our family.

I share my journey and struggles, not to seek pity. I want God to use what I am going though to bless others and to remind people no matter what God is allowing in your life, you can trust Him with all your heart. Of course there are times that we give in to pity, we are human and frail. When I am having a bad day, I allow myself a 10-15 minute pity party. Then I bring it to a halt. I begin to encourage myself in the Lord, just as King David often did in the Psalms. When we remember that David was a man after God's own heart we can forgive ourselves for being discouraged and then like David we can overcome by reminding ourselves who we serve and who is walking with is. There is no burden that God can't help us carry and there is no enemy too strong for God. Like Paul we must keep our eyes on the prize and remind ourselves of our future, eternity in Heaven. It really will be worth it all when we see Jesus. May God bless you and your families.
Betty

I bought two bird feeders that squirrels can't get to. I have enough feeders for the squirrels. When I turned out the front yard lights this morning, I saw some tiny birds at the feeder. In the back yard has been a blue jay, red birds, and a woodpecker. They make me happy

How Great Thou Art Hymn

Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works thy hand hath made,
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed;

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

When through the woods and forest glades I wander
and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
and hear the brook, and feel he gentle breeze;

Refrain

And when I think that God his son not sparing,
Sent him to die - I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin:

Refrain

When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home- what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim, my God, how great thou art!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I woke up sick at 3:15 this morning and it took a bit to go back to sleep. I woke up at nine with a whopping headache so I just laid in bed thinking till 10:40. When I finally dragged myself out of bed I was fretful and worrying about things, but when I walked in to the breakfast nook, I saw through the window a tiny bird at the feeder. The first words out of mouth was:"Thank you, Jesus!". I knew instantly that was a gift from God. He could have knocked me on my aching head and asked me why do I take my concerns to Him and then pick them back up and fret over them. Yet, He treated me gently and with kindness. So many times we pray about our concerns and yet we not only fret over them still but we come up with plans just in case our prayers are not answered. Shame on me and shame on us for not fully trusting God to answer our prayers. We can make excuses and I think all of us have been hurt by people we put our trust in, but God deserves our trust and we honor Him when we trust Him. God is not going to gossip about us. God is not going to build Himself up by putting us down. We can trust Him wholly with out fear and reservations. We live in a time when we need to be able to put our concerns more then ever in God. The more we trust in God, the less fear and despair we will carry. The devil will tempt us to fear, there is no doubt about that, but when He does, go back to the cross and lay your burdens down. God loves us and He does not want us to live in a state of fear and doubt. Have a blessed day!
Betty

I took more bird feed out and I have a red bird feeding at the moment. There is a gentle breeze and leaves are falling from the trees.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Ephesians 6:10-20New King James Version (NKJV)
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

This morning I was listening to a Pastor on the radio talking about the days we live in. There is no doubt we are living in perilous times. Terrorism on the rise, college students who have no regard for authority, people who will protest for the right to kill the unborn, and people protesting for the right to indulge in deivient behavior and Schools teaching this behavior to elementary students. This can be discouraging to Christians, but we must remember God said it would be this way in the last days. This is not a time for Christians to cower and be afraid. We must be prepared for spirtual battles. For these things we face are in the physical realm, they are being fed and brought on by the devil, himself.
This is not a time to coast in our past victories but to stay strong in our faith and in God's Word. God has not left His throne, He is still with us and we can depend on Him, no matter what the devil throws at us . Pray throughout your day for yourself, your loved ones, fellow Christians, and for lost souls. If we allow fear to overtake us our hearts and minds will be filled with thoughts the devil wants to derail us with, but if we began to pray we will find peace even in the circumstances around us.
1 John 4:18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
Seek God's will each day and pray for Him to guide you through out the day.
Have a blessed day. I saw a woodpecker this morning and a few squirrels. I can hear some birds talking to one another and I am thankful for another day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I woke up much earlier this morning but was hurting so I went back to sleep. The last two days have been spent at the VA and since I am still recovering from bronchitis, I decided to get some extra rest this morning. Even as Christians we need to take care of our bodies. It is possible as Christians to over do even with God's Work. Sometimes we have to say no to projects simply because we can't do everything and stay healthy. Always pray before accepting extra work even for the Church. We cannot give our best if we are over extended and not getting proper rest. I have some squirrels eating this morning and one is alitle plump.😀 This morning my brain was filled with many thoughts and as I was trying to work out problems in my head about the future. I reminded myself that while I do not know what is ahead, God does. As Christians we spend so much time worrying and planing on what could or could not come to pass. We need to remind ourselves that the Great All Knowing One is on His throne and our futures are safe in His hands. Of course we have to make plans but let us make plans with the guidance of God and not moved by fear and anxiousness. Let us live with peace in our hearts knowing that if we seek God's Will, we do not have to live in fear and dread of the future. May God bless you today and may you seek to walk in His Will and allow Him to guide you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This morning some memories from years ago came to my mind, and I realized that in so many ways I am not the person I was. While there were many joyful moment along the way there were also many tears, betrayal, and pain. I don't think anyone prays that God will bring suffering and pain into their lives, but they serve a purpose. Of course I am grateful for every joyful moment but it is often the suffering and the pain that brings spiritual growth. The Lord Jesus sustains us during those painful growing processes and though at times we feel alone and God has deserted us. He never leaves or forsakes us. When trouble comes and it will, we need to lean closer to Jesus but we often find ourselves pulling away. We often pull away from fellow Christians who could encourage us when we are suffering. We want to be like a dog hiding under a porch running away from the God who wants to be there for us and running away from the very people who could encourage us. At the same time let us seek to encourage those we know who are going through a bad time. Always be praying for one another. Trust in God through the bad and the good. Remind yourself of all the times that God worked miracles in your life. Remember God has not changed and His willingness to be there for His children has not grow weak. God bless you today and seek the Lord and His will.
Betty

It is pouring rain today so I did not put any bird feed out. Even the cats are content to sleep in the house today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Evening,

Spent a lot of the day at the VA. I met a gentleman who had been in a gang in Los Angles for 10 years before going into the Military. He is now a Christian. He freely shared his testimony and it was a pleasure to hear it. It does not matter our background it is our finish that matters. It is wonderful when two strangers can share their love for Jesus with one another. Today was an encouraging day for me and I thank God that our paths crossed. Would appreciate your prayers for Texas and Kansas. Kansas and Upper Texas had tornadoes today and this storm is suppose to be here in the Houston area at five a.m.
Have a blessed evening,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Have a blessed Sunday,

I think I took enough medication that I am going to be able to go to Church this morning. Life is filled with challenges and the truth is none of us know what the day will hold. Yet we can begin our day with assurance that we are not going alone. God knows what the day will hold for us and He will be there with us every step. As we learn to rely on Him, our faith grows and so does our peace. I am listening to the birds talk with one another and enjoying them. Birds do not worry or fret. Like us they do not know what the day will bring but they do not concern themselves with that. Of course humans have to make preparations for meals and have each day's clothing ready, but we do not have to live in a state of fear or confusion. We can trust God to always be with us and guide us if we are open to His will. If we are living contrary to His will, we cannot expect Him to bless us. Seek His will and by faith walk in it and fear not for God will be with you. Have a blessed day and seek God with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I woke up with moderat pain this morning but with the help of God, I will not let that get me down.
As everyone in the World, my heart is hurt by the events in France. It is so sad when evil kills and destroys. Unfortunately to many Americans in power want to make excuses for these evil powers. Blaming global warming and no jobs for their anger and hate. They don't want to see this is a Spiritual battle. These Muslims want to take over the World and force people to become Muslim or die.
Liberals refuse to see that these people were welcomed into Europe, given housing and welfare and yet they are not happy. The World doesn't see that they are fighting against the devil, himself. The devil likes to stir up haterd and strife. The devil knows his time is coming to an end. He wants to rain havoc on the World to the point that the World will gladly with open arms accept a One World Government, which the Bible says will be led by Antichrist. As Christan's we need to react not with fear but with prayer. Our hope is not in our President but in God Himself. That Bible says these things must be in the end times and as the birth pains become stronger the violence will grow and be more regularly. The Bible doesn't say for a Christian to hide and tremble:
Luke 21:28King James Version (KJV)28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh

Today let us prayer for the victims and their families as we should. Let us pray that God will examine our hearts and convict us of what we need to confess and seek forgiveness and let us pray for our lost loved ones. Jesus is coming for His children, let us make ourselves ready, like a proper Bride should.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This morning my dog woke me licking my hand. She had decided I had slept enough. When I opened my eyes I saw two cats and the dog. I began to pet their heads one by one making sure each was given the same attention, as a good mommy does (hehe). But then I began to think isn't it wonderful that when we pray each of us has God's immediate attention all at the same time. It is hard for our brains to wrap our heads around that. All of us have been in a situation when more then one people are talking to us at the same time and we cannot digest what each person is saying and we have to interrupt and say one at a time, please. God does not have that restriction. He can hear us a all at the same time.

Another thing God is always available to all of us. Can you imagine saying your prayers and getting a recording saying:"You are number 1 million. Please stay on the line calls will be answered in order"?
Or hearing a recorder saying:"God is not available at this time, He will call you back in the next 24 hours or 3 months"? We can pray with assurance that God is available all the time and anytime we want to talk to him. In fact the more we talk to Him the better. He never complains that is that person who calls and complains about the same thing day after day. No! God is patient and kind to us. Our prayers are never to huge or to insignificant to Him

We as children of God take for granted the miracle of prayer. God in His Heaven , hears every person's prayer and every prayer is important to Him. His grace and mercy extends to all His children and He offers salvation to anyone who will come humbling to Him asking forgiveness and accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Have a blessed day and think about the wonderful blessing prayer is to us not only at the moment of our salvation but from that day and every day until Jesus calls us home
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Feeling better but still weak and congested. We all know that when antibiotics start to work we seem to feel worse at first as the medicine does its job. If we stop taking the medication, not only will we not get better but we can get worse as the infection spreads to other organs in our bodies. This can be true spiritually, also. When we ask God to make us more like Him, He has to get crud out of our souls. Things like bad attitudes, pride, unforgiveness, just to name a few. While we would like for Him to touch us and remove all the bad things at once, He doesn't work that way. It could it has to be a process which takes out the bad and relaces it with good. Maybe if all the bad left at once, this would leave a void and different bad stuff would come in. The reality is just as healing in the body takes time so does healing in the soul. It is a painful process but the outcome is worth it. Many times we won't to yell to God to stop. Maybe instead of giving up we should pray that God will sustain us as we go through the process of spiritual change. Never stop asking God to mold you into what He wants you to be, but remember remodeling goes through messy stages and is painful. When God is finished with us we will be beautiful and lovely. His ways are often hard and painful but the result is wonderful. Remind yourself that you are a work in progress and trust God for the outcome.
Betty

This morning when I took the bird feed out, I had over 6 squirrels waiting. Some of them were chasing each other around trees. I laughed at their antics and was thankful for this special gift God gives me Every morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

Last night was a bad night physically and this morning still feeling miserable. Let's face it there are times when you are sick and in pain that the first thought is not about praising God. It is more about stumbling around half asleep and feeling sorry for your self. Sometimes even having a coherent thought seems like a struggle. During these times God doesn't forsake us. He doesn't leave and come back when we are in a better mood, He stays with us. I saw a cartoon the other day that said : "I am so miserable, I am not even speaking to myself!". We can be assured that God is faithful through the good and the bad. Remind yourself during that bad times, that this feeling will not last. Remind yourself of the many good things God has done and is doing in your life. We are called to praise God all the time and not just when we are sitting under a rainbow and in a garden of perfection. Evey day is a blessing from God. Rejoice in the 24 hours you are given and make sure to use a portion of that time to praise God and be a blessing to others.
Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Tuesday,

I went to see the lung Doctor yesterday. The good news is my COPD is still mild, the bad news is I have bronchitis. I was sick most of the night but I am on strong antibiotics and with God's help should be well soon. My sweet husband did not sleep much last night because was keeping an eye on me and my fever.
Us married women are usually the care givers to our hubby's and family, it is good to know that they are willing to take care of us when we are sick. Just as we rely on our loves ones when we are in need, we can rest assured as a child of God, that our Heavenly Father is more then willing to take care of us when we are in need. Today I am struggling with the bronchitis and my other disease, yet I am not discouraged. I am far from a super Christian, but God doesn't require us to be super Christians to walk with us. I am so thankful for that. Jesus meets us where we are, whether we are a baby Christian are a mature Christian. Like me , I think many of us are in the middle , a still growing Christian. I pray that to the day I die or to the rapture that I will always be a growing Christian. We must never reach a point that we are content in our spiritual walk but always seeking God on our spiritual journey. Even in sickness we grow in the Lord. The last 6 months has taught me this.

I wish everyone a good day. May God bless you and your family.
Betty

I have seen a few squirrels at the feeders this morning. No birds yet eating. We had to buy more bird seed yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

This morning my routine is off because I am not allowed coffee until I do my blood fasting test. Most of us like having a routine and I know as I get older the more uncomfortable I am when my routine is thrown off. Many times God gets our attention by throwing a wrench in our daily routine. Our first reaction is not to praise God for this because usually it is something we consider a inconvenience at best and troubles we don't need at worse. The car doesn't start when we have an appointment. Your child spills grape juice on their clothing just as you hear the School bus. Yet if we remind ourselves that God is in control, we can take these little surprises with grace. If we could react with : what does God want to teach me, instead of anger and questioning why God allowed these things to happen we would be happier. Trust me I am not there myself. Not about the coffee that was just a funny example but when we had a car wreck on the way to the Houston VA last month, my first though was: Why God? But over the coming days as I stopped asking why and began to accept God's Will, He gave me an answer, of why. Our job is to trust Him even when we don't know the answer. Sometimes we will get am answer here on earth and there are times when we will not get an answer to we enter Heaven. Every day as we seek God's face and study His Word, we will began to strengthen our faith and our trust in God will grow. Look for ways to see God in the little things. It is often the little things that bring joy to our heart. Watching two squirrels at play, following a butterfly as it gracefully glides across your yard, and hearing young children giggle can bring joy to your day. Be blessed and pass your blessings forward to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Carol,
Thank you so much. God bless you and your family
Betty

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,
Your words are a blessing and encouragement to all.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I starting getting sick yesterday with a head and chest cold, so I am not in Church this morning. God is with us where ever we are and we can praise Him anywhere. I have had a good old Gospel time driving in my car, when the Holy Spirit filled my heart and I began to rejoice in the goodness of God. I believe it is important to be a part of a Church family and to worship with fellow believers but there are times that we can't attend and during those times we can still worship and praise God. Let our heats and minds be open to the voice of God, so that we can hear His voice and listen to His will. As Christians we are often only rejoicing in the Lord when things are going well in our lives and if we are not careful we can pout when things are going badly. We can even stoop so low as to treat God as Santa Claus. Our prayers being a list of I wants and throwing in "I love you" at the end of our prayers. Been there and done that. God wants a daily relationship with us and that is impossible if we only talk to Him when we have a crisis. God is worthy of our praise and we should praise Him everyday. We should begin our prayers with praise and end our prayers with praise. God does care about our needs and He tells us to bring our petitions to Him, but let us have our petitions in the middle of our prayer, after praising God for all His goodness and faithfulness to us. May God be with you in a special way today. Pray diligently for your lost loved ones. Jesus is coming back soon and we do not want our loved ones and friends left behind. Pray that God will use you for His Glory. Pray that God will help you be a blessing to others. Seek the Lord with all your heart.
Betty

Squirrels and red birds this morning. God blessed me every morning as I sit here at the table and enjoy nature.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Your Welcome. I started getting sick in Januarry of this year and have been sick ever since. As I have sought the Lord in my weakness and frustration with this disease I began to accept my disease and asked God to use me for His Glory. Every morning I sit at the kitchen table and ask God to give me something that will not only encourage me but encourage others. I ask God to tell me what to say because I know that with out His guidance my words would be worthless
Betty

--------------------

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 7 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the post.

[Smile]

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Health issues woke me early today. Usually I get upset at that but I am at peace. I say that, to say that as we begin to trust God, we can have peace even when things don't go the way we wanted. It is raining here in Texas and a cold front is coming in. As I took ice water to put out for the mail lady, the song "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" was singing in my head. What peace we can have in our hearts when we remind ourselves of that! So many times the devil will whisper lies in our heads. He will tell us that God has forgotten us or that we really are not that important to God. But Jesus says that God knows even when a sparrow falls and mankind is more important to God. God did not send His Son to die for a sparrow. He sent His Son to die for people. While the world thinks of some people as being more important then others, God doesn't. Every person is important to God from the dishwasher to leaders of Countries.

The question is: How important is God to Me? Do I make quality time for God? Or do I wait until I crawl in bed and say a quick prayer as I fall asleep. Do I seek God's will? Or so I do what I want and hope that God will bless it ? Let us make time for God and let us seek God's advice before we start something and not wait to we have a problem. God wants to be apart of our daily life and not just a lifeline we only call when we are in trouble. Although always call on God when you are in trouble.

Have a blessed day to day. This morning there are a few squirrels eating in the rain. I just saw a red bird.
Betty

His Eye Is on the Sparrow | Civilla D. Martin

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Refrain:
I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Prob 3: 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

Good Morning and Blessed Friday,

The verse above has been what I have been leaning on for the last 6 months. When I awake every morning being sick and when I am dizzy I quote that verse to myself and remind myself that while I do not understand why I am struggling , God knows and is in control. While it would be great if God would give us a 6 month plan in advance telling what we will be going through and why; the Lord wants us to operate our lives in faith. Knowing these things may make life easier but it would not grow our faith. As Christians we often under estimate the value of faith. Faith is needed to fight battles and to make it in a world where the earth seems to be trembling with the sin and violence that is running amuck. Just watching the daily news would cause our hearts to fear and our knees to tremble. Yet the news doesn't report the worst of the news for fearing offending the Muslims. The news does not report how terrorist are training their children on how to behead Christians. The news is not reporting the violence other Countries are going through because of all the immigrants they have welcomed in their countries. The news is not reporting Christians being killed for their faith every day in this world. Growing in the Lord has been a theme with me and for a good reason. When these type of things start happening in America our faith must be secure in God. Our race is almost over. Jesus is coming soon. Be strong in the Lord so we do lay down our faith and be like the 5 Virgins who were left out of the Wedding celebration.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6“At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7“Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9“ ‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11“Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12“But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Let us be ready so when the trumpet sounds we will not be left behind. Let us work for the Lord so Jesus may say: His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. (Matt 25:11)

My dear friends be strong in the Lord. May God bless you and your families today and every day.

God has blessed me today with squirrels playing and eating. Even with my health issues I am indeed blessed and I am grateful to God my Father and Lord.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

2 Corinthians 4:8
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Though this was written by Paul thousands of years ago it definitely fits today. Many countries in kindness have allowed Muslim refugees to escape war torn counties and have given them sanctuary but to their surprise many of the refugees are not thankful for the kindness to them. They are attempting to change the laws in their host Countries, raping girls and women, and other forms of violence. This is causing civil unrest. In Sweden some of the Swedish people have burned down many refuge camps and in Germany many Germans are calling for the impeachment of their Prime Minister. It is not surprising to see that the home people are perplexed that those who have been given sanctuary are not only ungrateful but are seeking to change Europe into Muslim Counties. As more refuges come here to America we will find ourselves in the same boat. It is easy to wonder why God is allowing this. Why is evil seemed to be given free reign and Christians are losing more and more of their freedom? Yet God is not caught unaware, He knows the past, present, and the future. As we get closer to the tribulation the birth pains are coming faster and faster. Lukewarm Christians are going to find themselves in situations that they do not have enough faith to swim. If we do not began to seek God's face now and prepare our hearts we could easily lose our faith. God does not want us to live in a state of fear worrying about the future, He wants us to grow more in Him, so that we are prepared. Just as we on the coast prepare for hurricanes we must prepare ourselves spiritually for what is coming. Don't wait until you are in a crisis to get the Bible off the shelf and start praying. Prepare before the crisis so that when the crisis comes you can remind yourself that God is still in control and you are still in His hands.
Have a blessed day and may God fill your heart with His perfect peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday

Yesterday my routine Doctor visit took a turn. When the Doctor did that tracking test with her finger my right eye did not follow the finger and my right hand had a slight tremor. I was sent downstairs for a stat brain scan. Although I would be lying if I did not say I was not concerned, yet I felt no fear nor do I feel fear now. I am reminding myself that God is in control.
Just got a call from Doctor that the PT scan was normal. Praise the Lord!

There is a peace that fills our souls when we awake in the morning and thank God for another day. When we remind ourselves that whatever happens today will not take God by surprise. Yesterday I had a health scare and today I find out everything is okay. God answers prayers ! When we trust God we can take the little and big bumps in the road of life and not fall. Sometimes God allows this things to happen to remind us that we can depend on Him no matter what happens. The answer is to be in a daily relationship with God so that when things happen in life we know He is there with us. We don't what to feel like we need to introduce ourselves to God when we have a crisis. Have a daily relationship with God by talking to Him everyday and by reading His Word. God bless you and have a grow a day!
Betty

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.

Be still, my soul: begin the song of praise
On earth, believing, to Thy Lord on high;
Acknowledge Him in all thy words and ways,
So shall He view thee with a well pleased eye.
Be still, my soul: the Sun of life divine
Through passing clouds shall but more brightly shine.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning!  Welcome Tueday,

This morning as I went about my morning chores I saw lots of clover.  They brought happy memories of childhood looking for  a four leave clover.  My friend Wanda and I were looking for one for luck.  I don't know why, we were born blessed with a good family and though neither family was wealthy our parents did their best for us.  Of course as an adult I realize a Christian doesn't need luck.  We depend on God to guide us in a path that is both good for us and pleasing to us.  These doesn't mean everything will go perfect.  As the Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust.  It does mean that God will not use the bad things that pop up in our days for our blessing and His glory. At the same time there are moments in the day when something good happens and you smile and thank the Lord for encouraging you, as we should.  May your day be filled with joyful moments and may happy memories be warm kisses on your cheeks.

This morning I realized that I have become the batty lady that seems to be on every street 😜.  A van was driving to fast down the road and a squirrel panic on the side of the road and ended up running in front of the vehicle and I am yelling: "Run run Squirrel". The squirrel made it across and I am yelling at the driver that she has better be glad she didn't hit one of my babies.  And I thought to myself when did I become the person who is feeding the squirrels to thinking at least on one level that their my babies?  Next thing you know I will be asking Jeff, my son, to make me a sign for the yard that says slow down for squirrels.
Betty[tt][/tt]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning, almost Good Afternoon,

I had a bad time yesterday, health wise so allowed myself to sleep late this morning, and that's okay.

"True wisdom begins and ends with God." (Daily Bread). There are many in this world who consider themselves wise. In the world's eyes to be wise to is accept what is political correct and if you are religious you serve a Deity that accepts what the world has determined is acceptable. This is not the wisdom of the God of the Bible.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. If you attend or listen to a Preacher on the radio that says God has changed His mind about sin or God has become more enlighten, run from her or him. To accept that God has changed His mind is to accept that God was wrong in the first place. God was never wrong and never will be. Another lie that is floating around today is that all will go to Heaven. God died for all but you cannot be saved unless you accept Him as your Savior.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
God is holy and sin can never enter Heaven's gates. Unless you accept Jesus as your Savior and turn from your sins you will never enter Heaven. The gift of Jesus blood has been given. If you choose to accept you are forgiven. If you choose not to accept the gift, you have made the choice to go to hell.
True wisdom comes from God. While education is important, remember to balance what you learn with the Bible. Today many Professors are teaching in the classrooms lies from the devil. It is not about whether you are a liberal or conservative but whether your truths match up to God's Word. It is not enough to mean well. Right intentions can send you to hell if you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord. As a Christian don't form your views on what the world says but on God's truths or sadly you will have to face God with accepting of sin and what shame you will feel. Pray that God will open your eyes to the truth. When we are wise in God then we have true wisdom. Have a blessed day and seek God in all your ways.
Betty

One bird and over six squirrels in the backyard.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning! Have a Blessed Sunday!

Every Sunday my body fights me on going to Church, but this Sunday my body won. In the past I would be questioning God how He allowed me to be so sick today. But these last months, God is giving me peace in my heart and mind. While I would love to be in His House today, I know He is with me today,where I am. Our past battles prepare us for future battles. The spiritual muscles we grow helps us in future battles with the devil. Often in the Bible God reminds the people of Israel to remember the victories in the past to remind them that the same God that was with them then was still with them. Until we get to Heaven we will not arrive at a place where there are no battles to fight. But if we trust in the Lord each battle will bring us closer and closer to God. Even battles that we lose teach us something. Remember as we grow in the Lord our spiritual muscles are not for self glory but for the glory of God. We are to use what we have learned to help a struggling brother or sister in the Lord. Never become prideful about your wjourney are you will take a big fall. As Paul taught us boast not in our victories but boast in our Lord God who brought is through the battle to a victory. Keep serving the Lord and when the devil comes at you, remind yourself that God is still on the throne and He has lost none of His power and might. God bless you today and may your hearts be filled with joy .
Betty

Raining and dreary at the moment with a 100% chance of rain today. Two squirrels are eating and I have only seen a couple of birds. On another thought we gave out almost 50 bags of candy with a children's Christian tract. Yesterday I prayed over the bags that someone would come to know Jesus because of that.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

This morning I woke up with the words to the song "It is joy unspeakable and full of glory" in my head and "the joy of the Lord is my strength". Remembering words to songs is not my strong suit so I was singing what I knew of both songs in my head as one song. But what I was hearing was God is our joy and not our circumstances. If we base our joy on our circumstances then our joy will be gone before we fix our first cup of coffee. Whether it is waking up hurting or dealing with young children who are fighting with each other, the devil is a master at stealing our joy if we allow him to. But when we remind ourselves our joy in Jesus cannot be stolen by the devil unless we allow him to, we can withstand the attack of the devil by trusting God. Our joy is knowing that whatever our circumstances are, we are not alone. Our Heavenly Father walks besides us and He will help us. When the devil taunts us and and he will, tell him, to get behind you for you are trusting in Jesus. Non Christians probably think we are delusional and that we are basing our hope on a fantasy. A Christian knows that God is real. We talk to Him daily and we hear His voice in our hearts reminding us that not only is He with is all the time but everything we go through will be worth it when we walk through Heaven's gate. Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Finding joy in the Lord is not pretending that we are not sick or that we do not have difficulties. Finding joy in the Lord is reminding ourselves of past victories in the Lord and looking for those small blessings God give us everyday. Pray for God to undertake in your life and while you are waiting for an answer continue to praise the Lord. God bless you and have a good day.

Seen a red bird and half dozen squirrels eating. It's a gray dreary day here with interment rain.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning! It's Friday!!!

We made it to VA and back yesterday but all that walking had my legs cramping all night. Got up early to take hubby to the local clinic and he changed the appointment and went back to bed. I'd be lying if I said that did not aggravate me. In daily life it is not uncommon to deal with last minute changes or circumstances that change our plans. I have found since I have gotten older I am more frustrated about these kinds kind of things. I guess you could say I am getting set in my ways. Sometimes our plans are changed by other people and their needs but sometimes God allows change for a reason. We are all set to go somewhere and the car doesn't start. It is easy to question why God allowed that when we had plans. Sometimes we can become quite angry. But after we have our little fit and settle down we realize what we should have know all along, God knows best. Let's face it, it is easy to trust God when all our ducks are in a row and everything is going as plan. But when everything comes to a stop and our plans have to be changed we can begin to wonder if God is really watching what is going on. We just see our life in small patches but God sees our lives from cradle to the grave. His plans for today may not be what we would have chosen but He knows the future and He knows best. The more we trust God the more we live in peace. Have a great day! Trust in God! He is never taken unaware.

Squirrel eating and a family of red birds waiting patiently. Even in nature patience is a requirement for happy living.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have been quite busy this morning. We go to the VA today and a little nervous. It's a 1 1/2 hour drive each way and the last attempt to go to the Houston VA we has a wreck. Although logically having a wreck last time, doesn't mean we are in danger now, it stills weighs on my mind. But I am pushing them feelings aside and reminding myself that God is in control and not to give in to fear. When the devil overwhelms us with fear we need to make a conscious effort to encourage ourselves in the Lord. Trusting in the Lord is a decision we make. God doesn't open our heads and pour trust in. We read the Bible, pray and singing praises to God and this encourages us and builds trust. As we seek to encourage others we also see our peace and faith multiplying. We do not have to allow our circumstances to dictate our faith. Praise God in spite of our circumstances will allow us to be used to help others and help our faith and spirit to grow in the Lord. My prayer for all of us that we continue to grow in the Lord and live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
This morning a family of blue jays, red bird and woodpecker. Of course a handful of squirrels are eating.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Love the squirrels but happy to see a blue jay and several birds gathering around the feeder I see a red bird and a wood pecker, also. I am blessed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Some mornings the disease I have hits me hard. This morning as I did my morning chores I felt weak and dizzy. I leaned on my cane harder then usual for fear of falling. As I walked around the words of the verse above played in my head. The words brought me comfort. Even in my weakness I can be strong in the Lord. As I sang those words in my head my heart filled with peace and the fear began to disappear. All of us face struggles and the devil would love to feed us the lie that we will be overwhelmed and fall. But God is our refuge and our life boat in times of trouble. Sometimes God pulls out of the situation into the lifeboat and other times He keeps us in the situation but He brings comfort to us and substance us. My complaint this morning was why do I have to be hit before I am even completely awake. Yet it is in the beginning of my day that God brings assurance that He will be with me all day long. We can trust God no matter what our struggles are that are will be with us. Have a blessed day and may God make Himself real to you today in a very special way.

5 squirrels this morning. The birds have started waiting till the squirrels get through and then they eat. I feel at peace. I am going to rest awhile and try to get a few things done. I am not able to do as much as I used to. Sometimes that makes me depressed but I am learning to be grateful for what I can do and not dwell on the past.

Betty

1. Guide me, O thou great Jehovah,
pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but thou art mighty;
hold me with thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me till I want no more;
feed me till I want no more.

2. Open now the crystal fountain,
whence the healing stream doth flow;
let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer,
be thou still my strength and shield;
be thou still my strength and shield.

3. When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside;
death of death and hell's destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to thee;
I will ever give to thee.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement