Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 8)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

I was awake until almost 5 this morning. I just went with the flow got me a bag of pre-made popcorn and read. We cannot always control what happens in our lives but we can choose how we react. I am blessed that I was able to sleep late when I did fall asleep.

I admit I have spent many hours, stressing about what worried me. Fretting and worrying doesn’t solve anything. It is only when we place our concerns into the hands of God, that He brings us peace. Sometimes God does allow things to happen in our lives that we do not like. God wants us to trust in Him, even when we go through something that is unpleasant. People like me who live with physical conditions that are unpleasant can find relief from the stress of the disease, when we have a since of humor about our situation.

God wants us to trust Him to know what He is doing. I have stated before I would have not every started writing my blog if I had not had 10 months of uncontrolled colitis. I admit at first I did a lot of complaining to family members and especially God. I could not understand why God allowed me to get colitis at 61 when I already was dealing with COPD, FIBRO, and OA. It was only when I surrendered to God’s will that I got peace.

There are still days that I struggle with symptoms of all the diseases attacking at once, but I have learned to call out to God. When we call out to God, He in His great mercy brings joy into our hearts even in the midst of pain and other physical struggles. The devil will try to convince us that we are beaten down and forgotten by God. God says to us that He wants us to grow spiritually. He cannot use us for His glory, if we never grow into His love and grace. What a wondrous honor to be used by God to reach lost souls! When we go to Heaven and we see how many people we helped through the help of God and work of God, our suffering will seem like a faded dream and we will rejoice.

Let us trust God and seek His will, knowing that His will may differ from ours at times. We learn complete trust when we can say honestly “Not my will, but Yours God”.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 14, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

I got a notice on Facebook that a post from 2012 had been removed because of content. It was:

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

The Bible warns of our sinful nature so that we can go to God to be saved.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Knowing the truth is not a bad thing. It is like finding out you have a physical condition that can be corrected with medication and lifestyle change. Knowing we are sinners, gives us a chance to get right with God. We need not hide from our sinful nature but see our need of help and go to God for help. God is calling lost sinners even today, to come to Him and be saved. He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us, to redeem us from our sins and reconcile us, to Himself.

Every person is born into sin, but all who would seek God’s face, can be forgiven and become a new creature in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Hiding from the truth will not save us. Accepting the truth and seeking forgiveness will bring freedom. The Bible says the truth will set us free. Today’s world has not only accepted sin as normal but they have relished in their sins, as if their sins are behaviors to be proud of. The media makes sin seem normal and the love of sin as kindness. This is no kindness.

One day there will be a reckoning for those who chose to embrace sin as a badge of honor. Until then we pray for sinners that their hearts will be pricked by conviction and that they go to Jesus for forgiveness. The knowledge that we were all born into sin, is not a death sentence if we lay aside our pride and seek forgiveness. Jesus is still calling lost sinners to come home to Him and allow God to change them from sinners to His children. Contrary to the world view we are not all God’s children. We must accept salvation and live for Jesus to be a child of God.

Sin is not our friend. Sin is from the devil and it is our enemy. Do not wait to late to turn from your sins and accept salvation and grace from Jesus. There will come a time when it will be to late to accept salvation. Today is the day for salvation. Do not put off, what can be fixed today.

2 Corinthians 6:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Spirit of Gentleness

If we were to do a survey of young people today, how many would choose the desire to be gentle? Before we think better of ourselves that are older, would we have said being gentle, when we were asked what we would want to be when we grew up? Even in my time, as a child we wanted to grow up to be strong. With super heroes cartoons and movies, it is not uncommon for children to want to grow up to be fierce. I understand. Being gentle is consider weakness. Even kindness is no longer considered a virtue.

If you want to make it in today’s world, you often have to fight fiercely and step on a few people to get to the top of your game. People are admired for their bravery and strength in accomplishing something no matter how many people you have to hurt on the way up. Praying that we are gentle and that we abuse no one in our way up in our ambition, would make others say that we just do not want to win that bad. “It’s not how you play the game as long as you win!”

This is not how God meant for men and women to live. We are to do our best at our job and not be lazy. Yet, God doesn’t want us to step on people to get promoted. Heaven forbid!, that we would lie on others so that we can get promoted about them. Most every one wants to get promoted. Doing your best and working hard is not a sin. Let us not abuse others in our quest to make it to the top of our game. A good boss knows that treating your employees with respect will usually produce workers that do their best for him or her. Much better to be known as a boss with a kind heart then as a cruel hateful boss.

Ephesians 4:1-2. .....with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,

Let us pray that we treat those we come in contact with every day, gently and with kindness. We cannot share God’s love with others if we walk around with pride and treat others like we feel they are beneath us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

How Many People Knows Us?

I am not talking about knowing our name and a few things about us, but how many people actually know our intimate thoughts? Would the answer be a half-dozen, a couple, or no one? Have we been hurt so much in the past that we do not share our fears and desires with anyone? We all have relationships with people that are surface relationships. It is easy to hide our most intimate thoughts and fears. We cannot hide them from God? This is a relief. God knows our deepest fears, our hidden shames over past sins, and our desires for our future. Yet, in spite of all this, He loves us. We can come to our Heavenly Father with our heart open and hiding nothing, knowing that He loves us.

Some of us may never be able to be completely open with people, but let us always be open to God. Let us never try to hide sins from God. Always be honest with God. When we are upset with God, do not hide from God, but talk to God about why we are upset. Yes, He already knows, but when we open communication with God and discuss our disappointment with God to Him, we open the door to spiritually healing. When we are upset with our mate, go to God with it, instead of gossiping to others about our mate. While we see the many ways our mates need to change, God sees where we need to change.
Yes there are times that we need to pour out our hearts to a person. Just make sure we talk to God, first.

God knows us. He knows how many hairs we have on our heads. He has know us since before we took our first breath. When we became a Christian we opened up a new door of communication with God. Now we have the chance to know God intimately. We do this with reading the Bible and daily talking to God.
Let us not become too busy, to take time to spend with our Heavenly Father.
Betty

Isaiah 40:26-31 King James Version (KJV)
26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

2 Timothy 2:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Today’s world is a world that calls for compromise and acceptance of evil. Acceptance of sin, is the normal, while believing what the Bible says, makes you a radical. If we were forced to answer a question about a sin that is popular, would we hem around and avoid answering? Would we be able to speak the truth in love?

Acceptance of sin is not kind. Speaking the truth is kindness. Does God want us to be standing on the corner with a sign that says “God hates gays”? Of course not! God does not hate gays. God hates sin. Would we stand on the street with a sign that says “God hates liars” or “God hates adulterers”? Most likely not. God hates sin and not people. We pray for sinners.

At the same time we do not promote the false belief that everyone is going to Heaven. Sinners must turn from their sin and seek forgives from God and obey Him. Preachers and teachers that preach that God is now accepting sin are preaching a false Gospel.

John 8:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Jesus forgave her but He told her to sin no more. He did not give her a pass, to stay in the sinful relationship. God calls His children out of sin. He accepts sinners as they are and then they repent and turn away from wickedness.

The closer we get to Jesus coming back, the more my heart years to warn those, who are sitting in a Church where the Pastor no longer talks about sin. We must warn Christians to stop trying to live like sinners and to warn sinners to accept salvation while it is still time. This is no longer the time for the Church to be fed sugar cookies but for the Pastor to be feeding the Church the meat of the Gospel.

We do not need our ears tickled. We often need our toes stepped on by our Pastors and Teachers. If we leave the Church content in our sins, either the Pastor failed to preach the truth, are God forbid!, our hearts are hardened to the truth. Be like David and ask God to search your heart and see if there is any sin in there. When we open our heart to God we can confess our sins and be free. The truth will set us free. Heaven forbid!, that we are comfortable hiding from our sins. I know from experience that it hurts when we are brought to conviction. When we repent, God forgives us and heals the wounds sin brings in our lives.

Knowing the truth is not gloom and doom. Knowing the truth, gives us the option of getting our souls right with God. Heaven for eternity is so worth feeling uncomfortable now. Do not be afraid of living for God. Do not hide your faith from the world. God says if we are ashamed of Him on earth, He will be ashamed of us in Heaven.

Luke 9:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Jesus is the Word of God. Let us not be ashamed of the Bible.

John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Pray for sinners and pray that God will search our hearts and keep us well grounded in His Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 10, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

The squirrel is sitting on top of the bird house, enjoying breakfast. Now there is a tiny squirrel on the other feeder. I woke up this morning hurting before I even got out of bed. It was so tempting to just stay in the bed, but seeing those squirrels helps me to smile, through the pain. Pain is such a personal thing and we can easily be side stepped by pain. Yet, God in His wondrous love, knows just how to encourage us. We should never take those encouraging moments for granted. Let them increase our faith and give us moments of joy.

Psalm 28:7 King James Version (KJV) The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

We can find peace and joy when we turn our problems over to God. We can ask Him to walk with us, through our difficulties. When God walks with us we will feel safe, just as a child when walking with mom or dad. The child knows if they fall, their parent will lovingly pick them up. When we fall God in His love for us, picks us up.

We walk in perilous times. Corruption is so normal among leaders both in the world but sadly even in some Churches, that we are no longer shocked by the news of it. If we focus on ungodly things and attitudes we can become hard hearted and discouraged. Let us instead, focus on God. There is no corruption in God. Pray for those who have allowed the addiction of money or power to turn them from living a righteous life. Pray for those who have bought into a sinful lifestyle being correct for political gain. Pray for Pastors who have abandoned preaching the truth of the Gospel for a sugar coated religion that has abandoned the truth of the Gospel. Verify every Preacher or Teacher you hear against the Word of God. If it doesn’t match up to God’s Word, stop listening to them.
God’s Word never changes nor is He choosing to enlighten Preachers and Teachers with a ‘new’ Gospel.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 9. 2018
GoodAfternoon and Happy Saturday,

Tender Mercies

Psalms 51:1
“To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.) Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.”

There are times that we feel wounded, forgotten, or stressed. In these times, it is good for us to go to God and cry out for His tender mercy to rain down on us.
God can cover us with His love and gentle mercy and bring us out of our distress in to His joy.

Sometimes we cannot even put into words how we feel. We just know that we are unsettled and distressed. No worries. God knows our hearts. He knows what we need. We call out to God and He hears our cries. God can bring us peace, when we feel unsettled. God can bring comfort, when we feel despair. God can bring help, when we feel helpless. God can bring joy, when we are overwhelmed with sadness. How often do we suffer in vain, because we do not call out to God? How often do we suffer trying to prove we are self sufficient?
Lay aside your pride and go to Jesus first and not wait until you are at the end of your rope.

As we welcome the mercies of God, let us be merciful to others. Lay aside grudges against other people. Treat others gently and in kindness. Do not be swift, to use our tongues to destroy others but offer words of encouragement to one other. Let God’s love shine out to others through us. Do not be used by Satan to crush one another with our words and poor attitudes. Pause before returning angry words to those who treat us poorly. Take a minute and pray for the right words to say. May it be said by others that we are gentle and kind and not swift to anger.

God is so merciful to us. Let us treat others with mercy and kindness. Let our hearts over flow with the love of God. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 8, 2018

Whose Voice Will I Choose to Listen To?

There are many voices crying out in the world today. We make the choice of whom will listen to and if we are not careful, we can hang our faith on the wrong person. Voices calling for Christians to be financially successful and have what we want. Sounds good to me, but God said He would meet our needs, not make us rich. What did God say the last days will be like?

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

On the other side we have a Pastor, selling products to get us through the tribulation. God never gave instructions for the Church to help them get through the tribulation. Why?

Luke 21:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The wrath to come is not for the Church. It is for those who will choose to accept the anti-Christ after refusing Christ the Savior. They will choose to believe that the anti-Christ is the savior of the world.

My friends, God is not shocked by Pastors who are preaching and teaching the wrong things. He knew it would happen and He warned us through the writings of Paul.

1 John 4:1 King James Version (KJV)
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

How to we test what Preachers are saying? We compare what they say to the Word of God. While we all want to be successful, the most pressing problem we should be addressing is : our relationship with Christ. It is not about how much money we have but how rich our relationship with Jesus is. The task God has given us is not to accumulate food for the tribulation, but to share the Gospel with the lost and pray for lost souls.

We should be going about the task of preparing our hearts for the return Of Jesus for His Church.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Ephesians 1:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We must choose to listen to the voices of those who speak the truth. The truth about sin. The truth about hell. Praise God the truth about our hope in Glory.

Romans 5:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

We are not a people without hope. Our hope is in the God of Heaven. Our future is with God. Hold on to the truth of the Gospel and be not led astray by those who preaching what people want to hear.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

Our spiritual condition is way too important to relay on those who have abandoned the truth of the Gospel to preach and teach what people want to hear. Turn off the voices of lies and surround yourself with people who are not afraid to preach the truth of the Gospel. Yes the truth, sometimes hurts but the truth will set you free. Find truth in the Word of God.

John 8:32 “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Betty

It is fun listening to the squirrels running across the roof.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 7, 2018

A New Heaven and a New Earth

Revelation 21:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

What a wondrous thought to realize that we will be with God in a New Heaven and Earth. All things will be new and there will be no more tears,sorrow, or death. Yet, we get so caught up in the present that we cannot see that there is a future where nothing can harm us, where Satan will have no part in it.

Romans 8:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Yes, my dear friends, today’s troubles can overwhelm us. Let us take it to God. Do not allow Satan to defeat you. There is victory in our Heavenly Father.
Even when you are so beaten down that you cannot put your needs and fears into word, cry out to God. He will hear your cries and He will understand the cry from your heart.

Out of our discouragement, joy will pour out of our hearts if we trust in God and lean into Him for Heavenly strength. Hopelessness can turn into testimony, if we trust God to provide comfort and encouragement in the midst of our battles. We know what the ending for Satan is. We need not fear him, if we keep our eyes on Jesus and our trust in Jesus.
Betty
Tiny little birds at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 6, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday.

A Rebellious People

Isaiah 1:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

We live in a world surrounded by rebellious people. Young people who have no respect for their elders. Leaders of Counties, who have no respect for God, the Constitution, or the people they represent. They want power at any cost. They are content to destroy America, to be able to destroy President Trump. There is no respect anymore for the Presidency and people want to be in control, even if it means, to tear America down.

These actions are not accidental. The devil is destroying Countries, so that he can put his One World Government in charge. The devil wants to be worshipped and adored. He will take millions to hell with him, just to destroy what God created; mankind. By the time people realize that they have put a dictator in charge of the world, it will be too late to save them.

Government leaders are so filled with hate that they cannot see that they are destroying themselves for what they think will be power. In essence they will be giving the power they thought they won, over to Satan, Himself. Young people from Kindergarten to High School are being taught to have no Patriotism. They have no love or respect for their Country. The children are even taught to doubt their own bodies. They are convinced that the sex they were born into, is wrong. They are going to be so confused about their sexuality, that they will not have the fortitude to fight for freedoms for their own Country. They will lay down their individual rights to people whom have convinced them that life is not precious and that many must be sacrificed to turn earth into Heaven. The Bible says that children will betray their parents and parents their children. The world will fall like sacrificed lambs at the feet of the anti-Christ.

Those who have rejected the God of Heaven will worship the devil. Those who did not want God telling them how to live their lives will give themselves and their freedoms to the devil. Everything that will happen can be contributed to the first sin, rebellion to God. They will reject the God who sent His Son as a sacrifice to die for the sins of the world. Instead they will worship the father of lies, who uses people for His selfish desires and then throws them away like trash.

It is not too late for individuals to turn from their evil ways and accept the precious gift of salvation that Jesus purchased with His Own blood. Let us turn from our rebellious ways and worship the God of Heaven. Let us lay aside our self-indulgent and selfishness to live for God and His righteousness.
Betty

P.S. please pray for Ronnie. He fell at 6 this morning and it took about twenty minutes to get him off the floor.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 5, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Spiritual Darkness

We live in a world where some Pastors have left the truth of the Gospel to increase their Church attendance. Pastors who embrace sin, instead of preaching against sin. Pastors who preach that the Bible is not the inspired Word of God. Some even going as far as to say that God’s has changed His mind, about some sins. They over look the Scripture that says Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Preachers who find preaching about sin and hell uncomfortable, so they no longer preach the truth.

2 Timothy 4:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

While it is true there are people who do not want to hear preaching about sin and hell, preaching that sin is no longer an issue is a lie from Satan. Changing the truth is not helping the lost. Preaching there is no sin, is giving false hope to sinners. Remember God could not even look at Jesus when He was bearing our sins on the cross. Yet, there are Preachers who are preaching that we can stay in our sins and enter Heaven.

God is a Holy God. He cannot allow sin to be in His presence. He saved our souls to turn us from a sinful life to a Holy life. If we went to the Doctor with an illness that there is medication to cure it, we would not want the Doctor to help us learn to live with the illness. We would want the medication to cure us from the illness. Salvation is not learning to live peacefully in sin. Salvation is seeking forgiveness from God and turning away from sin.

2 Corinthians 5:17 King James Version (KJV)Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We come to Jesus to be changed from our sinful ways into one who is living for God and in the truths of God. God wants to take us out of the filth of sin and make us a new creature in Him. We are not going to bring God down to our level. God wants to bring us up to His level, a Holy relationship with Him.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

2 Chronicles 7:14 King James Version (KJV. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

1 Peter 1:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”[a]

Let us guard our hearts, from the lies of the devil. Let us reject falsehoods and cling to the Gospel of Christ. Warn others who have bought into the lies of Satan. The Gospel is not what we want it to be. It is the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

https://youtu.be/nlJF5V26eL0

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 4, 2018

There will be days that we do not feel on fire for God and ready to share the love of God. Sometimes it is because we are tired and our bodies are in need of special touch from God. Our relationship with God is still the same. We have not lost our way. Contrary to the lies of the devil, God has not forsake us. It is just that we need to take some time to be filled and refreshed by the Holy Spirit.

There is nothing wrong with taking time to rest and refresh ourselves in the presence of God. We cannot give if our cup is empty. In times like these, seek God’s face. Ask the Holy Spirit to refresh your soul. Take time to rest our bodies so that we can begin again tomorrow sharing the love of God with others. Resting your soul and body is not selfish. It is during these times that we grow closer to God while we share with Him our needs and our weaknesses. Do not fear that God will be appalled by our needs. He knows our needs and weaknesses better then we do. We can always be honest with God.

May today you find rest and peace in the presence of our Heavenly Father. May He fill your heart with His love, perfect peace, and joy. Rejoice in the knowledge that we can go to God in all situations. We can trust Him, no matter how we feel emotionally or physically.
Betty

Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Looking for truth,

Thank you. May God bless you for your kindness.
Betty

--------------------

lookingfortruth
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty Louise

I wish you and yours the best today and forevermore

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 3, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Sunday Memories

There were three of us girls in our family. On Saturday, mamma put our hair up in rollers, polished our shoes, and ironed our dresses for Sunday. We would get up early for a nice breakfast and then get ready to go to Sunday School. I must admit I took for granted all the work my mama did to get us ready for Sunday’s . After Church we usually had fried chicken. We were blessed to have a mama who loved God and saw the importance of raising her children in Church.

When you grow up with things being a certain way, it is easy to take the work involved for granted, especially if someone else is doing to work. I gave my heart to Jesus when I was seven years old. I have been through many things since then, but like with my mama, I have often taken God for granted. I have never know what it is like, not to have God with me. Of course there have been times that my relationship with God was strained. This was always my fault. I moved further from God. He never moved away from me.

When we look back on our lives we will see the many times God protected us from danger. When we did step in danger it was because we chose to ignore the Holy Spirit warning us. No matter how old we get, Satan is going to tempt us to doubt God. He will try to get us to stand in our own strength. He will tempt us to stray a little further from the path God has chosen for us.

We must have our mind set on the truth of God. As long as we live in these earthly bodies we will not be above sinning. We will not reach a point that Satan cannot lead us to doubt. What do we do? We stay true to God. We walk in the principles the Bible has laid out for us. We choose to walk close to God and in His will. The closer we walk to God the further we walk from the sinful path that Satan would choose for us. When doubts come, we take them to Jesus. When we fall, we get up, seek forgiveness from God and carry on doing His will.
Betty

I can hear the squirrels running across the roof of the house.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 2, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Stressed and Distressed

We live in a world that it is impossible not to have stress occasionally pop up in our lives. I like the saying “Too Blessed to be Stressed”, but the truth is even Christians become stressed. Even when we have all our ducks in a row, we are stressed by outside sources. Fears of the future can effect everyone. Just when you feel like you got the trust in God going on, out of blue you are hit with something, and stress broad sides you like 2X6 board.

It is not that you have lost faith in God or that you have backslidden. It’s the way the devil hits us with something new that overwhelms us. We will be stressed. The question becomes: “Do we wallow in our stress?”, or do we call out to God for help? We do not choose to be stressed but we can choose to allow it to rule us. Let us choose to call on God for help.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

None of us knows what the future holds, but God does. When we realize that God knowing the future is enough, then when we can find peace in Him. Find rest in God.

Psalm 62:5-12 New International Version (NIV)

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
    my hope comes from him.

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God[a];
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Trust in him at all times, you people;
    pour out your hearts to him,
    for God is our refuge.

The same God who got us through yesterday, will be with us today and tomorrow. Let us lay our fears at Jesus feet and walk in trust in Him. When we do that we can stop stressing about the future and walk in faith in God, our Father.

Psalm 91:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 1,2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

15 Minutes Of Fame

We live in a world, where people are apt to do anything to get their face and name on the news. They are willing to humiliate themselves and their families, to achieve their 15 minutes of fame. There seems to be no act so derogatory, crude, or evil that, that will not do, to accomplish this.

Sadly if the masses agree with your political stand, especially if you hate President Trump, you can do evil right in the streets, down town in your city. Gay parades have men and women nearly nude wearing bondage costumes, walking down the street with children by their side. Women protesting Trump going topless with crude hats walking the street with their children is consider acceptable.

Singers for years have pushed the bar on how crude the words of their songs are and how little they have on, to increase their music sales. Now the liberals have joined them in the gutter. If you hate the President, almost anything is acceptable.

Christians on the other hand know that 15 minutes of fame is nothing compared to eternity with God in Heaven. We rejoice in having our name written in the Book of Life, rather then seeing ourselves on the nightly news. We choose to live Godly lives rather then crawl into the gutter. We choose to stand for the unborn babies rather then go with the popular crowd of today.

Sadly those who choose to go with what is popular and reject salvation, will one day, know the cost of fame on earth. Eternity in hell is not worth a life time of being popular on earth.

Fame- we do not need. A relationship with Jesus, we do need! Let us choose to live Godly and Holy lives for the cause of Christ.
Betty

Time to buy more bird seed. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 31, 2018

This morning I saw a red wasp drinking at the bird bath. The simple little red wasp, knew where to quench his thirst. Yet, we as Christians, often live like we do not know where to go when we are tired, sick, of just overwhelmed. We wallow in our troubles like we do not have a Heavenly Father who is waiting for us to call out to Him. Instead of calling out to God, we wallow in our troubles, like a young child playing in muddy water.

What keeps us from calling on God? Is it self pride? Is it fear? Is it shame? Is it stubbornness? How often do we suffer because we do not go to the source of help and peace? Jesus says “Come”.

Isaiah 1:18 King James Version (KJV)18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Jesus encourages us to ask of Him when we are in need.

Matthew 7:7-11 King James Version (KJV)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Nowhere does Jesus say for us to suffer and when we have suffered enough come to Him. Nor does God say when you improve yourself come to me. He invites us to come.

Rev 22:17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

God has not promised us a life of ease, but He has promised to be with us, through our journey. We choose whether to lean on Jesus or to choose to walk in self pride. Lay aside pride and doubts and call out to God. Make the choice to walk with God.

2 Samuel 22:7 King James Version (KJV)7 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

God understands you, like no other. He knows you better then you know yourself. Seek His face every day. Trust in Him and He will not fail or forsake you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 30, 2018

Finding the right words

Have you ever came to your prayer time and your mind goes blank? You have no clue what to pray about. It is not that there are no issues in your life. There is certainly enough problems in the world to pray about, yet your mind seems to be standing still.

Other times we are so overwhelmed with our problems that we are so upset we cannot get a rational sentence out. Again, with all the world’s problems, where do we begin? Paul tells us that in these times the Holy Spirit knows what to say for us.

Romans 8:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit talks to God through us in groaning that God understands. God is not impressed with prayers that are written to impress others when we pray out loud. God wants to hear prayers from our heart. A simplistic prayer from the heart touches God much more then prayers that are said to impress others with our intelligence.

What do I pray for today? A good way to start is with praises to our Heavenly Father. We have so much to be thankful for. Then let us pray for others. Pray for the sick and lost souls. After that we can then pray for our own needs.

The important thing is to pray every day and through out the day. Keep the communication with God open. We bless God with our praises and He blesses us throughout our day. Look for opportunities to pray for others. Driving down the road when we see someone changing back in forth from one lane to another, cutting people off, our response is usually: “look at that idiot”. How about praying for that person. Pray that they will find peace in God and if not saved, that God will reveal Himself to that person. Has this been my habit? Honestly: No! I am quick to fuss and call the person and idiot. I am going to work more on praying for people. Let us make a challenge of seeking God’s help for others instead of jumping into anger.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 29, 2018

“I have lost the battle, and I am just waiting to die”

Is this our attitude? Do we live our life, like we are on the losing side? God forbid!. In His great mercy He gave the Apostle John the ending of the story to share with all Christians. We do not have to live our lives in despair. We do not have to worry whether God will defeat Satan. God defeated Satan on the cross. Since the day, Jesus took the keys of death from Satan, He has secured the win in the battle.

Yes, we have hard times. Yes, we suffer losses in our lives, yet there is victory ahead. If we stay true to Jesus and not allow ourselves to be lead astray, we will inherit our rewards in Heaven. Victory belongs to those who serve God to the end.

Philippians 3:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

There are so many troubles in the world today. Disasters, murder, and all kinds of evil that the devil, draw our minds towards. If we are not careful, we can feel defeated. If we do not put our trust completely in God, we can be tempted to live in a state of defeat, all the time. The devil would love to convince us that we have lost the battle.

Yet , when we read the book of The Revelations, we see that victory is indeed ahead. We may be going through a trial today, but we can rejoice in our victorious hope in Glory. Lay aside our defeated attitude and begin to rejoice in our Heavenly Hope.

Psalm 16:9
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Ephesians 1:18
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Remind yourself the victory has been won by Jesus. We have noting to fear. We can live in hope and victory.

Hebrews 12:1 King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

The Battle has been WON and I am living for God to the day, I enter into My Heavenly Hope. Let this be our motto.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 28, 2018
Memorial Day,

This is the day set aside to honor those who died protecting our Country. Today is more then a Holiday from work. It is a day that is set aside for those who gave all to pay the price for America’s freedom. Freedom comes with a cost.
The cost was everything to those who did not come back alive.

Sadly, there are those today, that do not recognize the importance of freedom. They are willing to give our freedom away a little bit at a time for free health care and free college. Not realizing that loss of freedom, could take away your ability to even pick our your own major in College. Free health care comes with a cost. Government will be able one day to decided who lives and who dies.

Jesus died for our freedom, too. He died to free us from sin. It must break His heart when He sees us willing go back in to the same sin pit time after time. When we choose to be entangled in sin, rather then freedom in Christ, we are choosing trouble for ourselves. It must break His heart to see millions reject the gift of His Son, so that all could be saved.

Today let us pray for the those who lost their loved ones to battle to keep America free. Pray for those who have bought into the devil’s lies that rejecting salvation is being free. Sinners are in bondage to sin but they sadly think they are free. True freedom comes from serving our Lord and Savior.

I hope you have a blessed day and get to eat some Barbecue today. We cheated and bought a package of pre cooked ribs. Just going to be the two of us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 27, 2018

I did not make it to Church. I woke up hurting. Even when we cannot make it to Church, we can pray and worship God. We all have days when we do not feel well. Yet, even on those days, God is with us. Even in sickness we are blessed by God. Let us be grateful for the many blessings we have. Like the old song says “Count your blessings”. The devil would have you to count your troubles, but he only wants to discourage us. God on the other hand, wants to encourage us and lift up our spirits.

Live each day with a song of praise to God, in your heart. When we praise God With our whole heart, we will find peace of mind and spirit. Even in our own suffering, we can pray for the needs of others. May our hearts always be filled with compassion for others. We do not want to get so wrapped up in our own needs that we cannot see the suffering of others. There are so many suffering in this world. The numbers alone, are enough to tempt us to shut off our hearts to feeling compassion on others. Instead let us pray for those we know and those we do not know. God knows them.

Tomorrow we honor those who gave their lives in service to our Country. Let us pray for their families. Pray that God will comfort them and show them His grace. Praise God for men and women who stepped out of their comfort zone to fight for what is right and honorable.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 26, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

“In My Distress”

Psalm 18:6 Living Bible (TLB)6 In my distress I screamed to the Lord for his help. And he heard me from heaven;[a] my cry reached his ears.

Everybody has times of distress. In times of distress, we feel abandoned and alone. The devil will tell us, that even God has forsaken us. Yet, the Bible tells us many times that God will never forsake or abandoned us. So, why do we feel that way? When a storm comes in the middle of the day, it can seem as if the sun has stopped doing its job. The sun is still working, even if we cannot see the sun. When storm clouds of troubles surrounds us, we can feel that God is not working in our lives anymore.

God is still working in your life, even when you cannot see Him. He is still right here with us and guiding us. Are we listening to Him? Have we begin to listen to the lies of Satan more then listening to God. If so stop and seek God’s forgiveness. The only thing people are to Satan is another soul to steal from God. Satan is the father of lies. God is truth. Choose to listen to truth and not to lies.

You may be surrounded today by the storms of life, but keep your trust in God. He will see you safely out of the storms. It is during those dark days that our trust in God grows. Trust in God brings about spiritual growth. Paul said to rejoice in our suffering for it brings about perseverance.

Romans 5:3-5 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Pray for one another that God will guide us and protect us. Pray that we will stand strong in our faith and not waver.

James 5:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 25, 2018
Good Morning and Happy,

Yesterday I fretted all day about my forgetfulness. It is easy to become caught up in something that frustrates us. We can waste hours on things we cannot change. I would have been better off putting my fears and frustrations in God’s hands and let them go.

We can waste so much time concentrating on things we cannot change. God wants us to be a peace. We cannot be at peace if we are caught up in these kind of things. God wants us to remember that He is in control. I understand it is hard to let things go that overwhelm us, but there is peace when we give it to God.

Our future is secure in God. While it is true we do not know what tomorrow holds for us; God does. When we put complete trust in Him, then we can live in peace. Remember our hope is in God and not our surroundings. The world today is full of troubles. We cannot change that. We can rest under God’s wings. We can pray for those affected by troubles and we can trust God to see us through to another day.

Remind yourselves of the song “My Hope is Built” and rest in the righteousness of God.
Betty

Full Text
1 My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
all other ground is sinking sand.
2 When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
in ev'ry high and stormy gale
my anchor holds within the veil.
3 His oath, His covenant, His blood
support me in the 'whelming flood;
when all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay.
4 When He shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in Him be found,
dressed in His righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne.

Source: Hymns to the Living God #216

https://youtu.be/rkMapZB8qMk

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 24, 2018

I am locked out of two different emails. I wrote down what I thought was the password but, they seem to be wrong. We live in a world where ID’s are required to get in at many places. When we come to God, we do not have to explain who we are. God knows us. He has knows us since before we were even in the womb.

God not only knows us but He knows our past, present, and future. He knows what makes us tick. We can be married many years and still hear our mate say: “I did not know you did not like that”. This is not true of God. The Bible says that He knows how many hairs are on our head.

What a blessing to know that God knows us so well! The question then is “How well do we know God?”. The answer determines our relationship with God. How much time do we spend with God? How much time do we spend in His Word? My answer would be: “not enough”. We can easily get distracted by things around us and neglect our relationship with God. Guilty! When we realize that we are not spending enough time with God, we start working on that. Knowing about an issue and not addressing the issue, will not fix the problem. Yes we can be busy, but taking the time to spend with God is worth it in this life and in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 23, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Have you ever felt that the person you are talking to you has left the conversation? They are still standing there or still on the phone with you, but it becomes obvious they have left the conversation. This feeling is frustrating. It makes you want to just stop talking and walk away or hang up the phone. We do that to God sometimes. Someone is giving the closing prayer and our mind wanders to what we are going to eat for lunch and any number of places our mind can go.

God does not do this, to us. When we are praying, He is not thinking of someone who is higher up on the spiritual ladder. Nor does God ask Himself: how many times is she going to ask for the same thing? God in His divine love, listens to our prayer. In His kindness, He hears every word. Yes, it is true we often ask for the same thing more then once. Simply because the more we need an answer, the more the need is pressing on our hearts. Remember the story Jesus told of the woman who kept knocking, until the man came down from his bed and gave her the bread she needed. Jesus said: the man did not care about the woman’s needs but gave her the bread, to shut her up.

Jesus does care about our needs. What is important to us, is important to Him.
Of course, what we see as needs, is sometimes just wants. There are times that that God says:”No”. Simply because if we had what we wanted, it would lead us away from our relationship with God, or could even be dangerous for us. It is through our daily walking with Him that our trust in Him grows to the point that we can trust Him to do what is best for us.

Never accuse God of not caring. He sent His Son to die for us. Yet, He still cares and loves us enough to listen to our prayers, even when are prayers are selfish and rambling. Sometimes we need to stop a minute and just thank God for His goodness and love for us.
Betty
Bird seed out and waiting for the rascals.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The pets fed, the birds and squirrels fed, and me bathed and dressed for today. I have a Doctor’s appointment this afternoon, but do I know how this day will end? Of course not. We sometimes hear people say that they cannot believe there is a God. Yet everyday people get up and get dressed and have faith that they will come home at the end of the day. Christians and non Christians use faith every day. We flip a light switch and we expect the light to come on. We turn a key in the car and expect the engine to roar. Mankind was made with the ability to have faith. God made us to have faith in Him and His plan of salvation.

Why is it that more are not saved? Some people know the truth but refuse salvation because of pride. To accept salvation is to admit that we are sinners. Sadly some people refuse to admit they are sinners. Some people put off salvation because they want to accomplish high goals that require committing sins to achieve. They assume that when they are old and have accomplished their dreams, salvation will be available. Not knowing that the longer they put off salvation the harder their heart grows, until their conscience and the voice of the Holy Spirit is too faint to even hear. Then there are those who just flat out refuse to believe that there is a God. They choose to believe in humanism.

So many reasons to miss out on salvation and yet the cost of doing so, is eternity in hell. God calls out to the lost but they turn their heads against His call. When conviction comes, they drown it in pills and alcohol. They choose to live in their pride of needing no one and die without the one thing they truly needed; salvation.

As Christians, do not look down on people like these. Instead, pray that God will pierce their heart with the knowledge that today is the day for salvation.
Salvation is a gift and the only pride involved in this is pride in our Lord and Savior. May God give us a heart if compassion for lost and hurting people.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 21, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Show Grace and Kindness to All

Psalm 116:5-9 King James Version (KJV)
5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
6 The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.
8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

Have you ever known a Christian who was obnoxious in the way that they treated people? I worked in a doughnut shop one summer when I was in High School. Two ladies came in with their hair up in a bun. They treated me rudely and were unkind. I never seen these people before. I also have a cousin who walks away without speaking, from anyone in our family because we do not go to the same denomination as they do. It turned out these ladies and my cousin were members of the same denomination. If you were not a member of their denomination, they did not speak to you, unless forced to.

How sad this must make God! To see His children act so unkindly to others.
God called us to spread the Gospel to others. I remember telling my mom that I wondered how they could share Jesus and expect anyone would want to be a part of a Church where people were so unkind.

In today’s world kindness is often rare. What a great opportunity for Christians to share God’s love by treating others kindly and with respect. When we have a hopeful and kind attitude it will rub off on others. Remember from yesterday, we are not children without hope. Even on our bad days, we can remind ourselves that we are looking forward to the Blessed Hope, the day Jesus comes for His Own.

As we go about our business today, pray that God will help us to be gracious. My dear friends, I understand that some of us suffer pain and discomfort every day. At times, we can allow our health issues to make us speak rudely and abrupt, especially when others are rude to us. When we do ask for forgiveness from the person we were rude to and from God. It does not matter whether the person accepts your apology. We seek to live and speak graciously for the cause of Christ and not to be a people pleaser.

Have a blessed day. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Betty
Listening to the birds chatter. Thankful for my little diamonds of joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 20, 2018
Good Evening and Blessed Sunday,

Hubby and I made it to Church and then took a nap. Going to Church was a blessing. Being with God’s people was comforting. Like a lot of others, there are Sundays that my health does not allow me to go to Church. Today I was blessed not to have a Colitis issue until about 5 p.m. It is only when we are not able to do things that we had in the past taken for granted, that we see their true value.

God forbid, that we take His sacrifice for granted. God gave His only Son to live and die for our sins. I grew up in church, learning from an early age the precious gift of salvation. At times I did not value this gift as much as I should have. As I grow older and see sin in the world rising to new levels and slumping lower and lower into the gutter, I am reminded of the value of salvation. Salvation does not make us better than others. It makes us redeemed by God. Salvation is a precious gift that we should thank God every day for.

Sin is becoming more and more respectable in the world and politically correct.
Knowing this, we are reminded that we are indeed living in the last days. God tells us not to fear, these times. God is still in control. More and more I am reminded that God wants us children on fire for Him. This is not the time to grow lukewarm. Being lukewarm is a terrible state for a Christian to be in.

Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV). 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

When we feel that our relationship with God is growing cooler, go back to the source, God Himself. Pray that the Holy Spirit will grow the spark in you to a greater fire for the Lord in your heart. Seek the face of God and seek to be more like Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 19, 2018

A Royal Wedding

Early this morning there was a Royal Wedding. Many people (not me) got up to watch this Wedding. There is nothing wrong with watching the Royal Wedding. Keep in mind, my brothers and sisters in Christ, we will soon be a part of a Wedding that makes all Weddings on earth pale in comparison. We will not be watching this Wedding on TV nor will be watching from the audience. We will be the Bride in this Wedding.

This Wedding will take place in the glories of Heaven. We will be marrying Jesus. There will be no danger of divorce, because we will be the Bride of Christ for eternity. Praise the Lord! The glories of that day, we are not yet capable of understanding.

1 Corinthians 13:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

What a glorious day that will be, when we officially become the Bride of Christ. All the trials that we went through on earth will just be a dim memory if we remember them at all. The joy we will feel will be a joy our hearts and mind cannot comprehend now, but then! Praise God for eternity!

We need to remind ourselves of the Glories to come. When we hear politicians and entertainers say that Christianity is for the weak and feeble minded remind ourselves we are not alone. What they do not understand is that at times we are weak and our mind may grow feeble with age, but the Holy Spirit that lives within us, knows no weakness. The God of Heaven whom we walk and talk with, will never grow weak and feeble. God knows all things!

For now fellow Christians, ignore the taunts. Pray for them, who do not know the truth. They are popular now but popularity will not get them an entrance to Heaven. Yes they mock Christians, but remember they are mocking the God of Heaven, the God who is holding the earth in His hands. Take no pride in your position with God. Remember we are saved by grace and the only boasting should be done in Christ.

Ephesians 2:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 18, 2018

Faithfully Walking With God

In today’s world, faithfulness is underrated. Being faithful in your exercise routine is admired more then, faithfulness in one’s marriage. My heart was sadden to read of Hollywood couple that has been married 50 plus years, say that what has kept them together has been them having an open marriage. God did not intend for this.

Christians can also be unfaithful to God. God accused Israel of adultery when she worshipped other Gods. When she refused to listen to the Prophets of the day, she was punished. Sadly we as Christians are not immune to the sin of spiritual adultery. Our idols may not be made of wood but they are still idols. Many things can become idols: our jobs, our boat, golfing, any kind of sports.
Having a job is great and we should be thankful for it. When we become so obsessed with making money that we have no time for God, the job has replaced God on His rightful throne in our hearts. When we would rather be taking a ride on our boat then being in the house of God, then God has been bumped from His rightful place. When we miss Church to watch a game on TV, you get the picture.

There is nothing wrong with having a job or having nice things. As long as we know their place. A nice ride after Church on a boat can be relaxing. Watching a game after Church is fun for many of us. God wants us to have fun and relax. Just make sure we honor God first.

Walking with God every day, steady as a clock is faithfulness. Serving God is not a sprint. I knew a man who would come to Church and he would be on fire for God, three months later he was out of Church. This habit of his, was repeated for over 6 years until he left Church all together. He never knew the joy of walking with God daily for years. He allowed the cares of this world time after time pull him away from God. Or maybe he only served God when he had difficulty and went his own way when things were normal, only God knows.

True joy comes when we serve God every day, year after year. Steadily walking with God, day after day, brings spiritual growth. We must choose to walk with God on a daily basses. God is not going to drag us into a daily relationship with Him. The Bible says in the end times God will allow a spiritual delusion to come on the people who have rejected Jesus. How sad it will be for those who knew God, walked with Him for a time, only to be deluded in to accepting the anti-Christ as their spiritual leader. Could we as a people who chose to allow the world’s idols, be one of those people who is deluded into worshipping the anti-Christ?

It is not too late my friend to turn from your wandering ways and decided to cling to Jesus, come what may. Let us determine in our hearts to walk with Jesus daily. Do not grow weary in serving God, dear ones, but keep our eyes on the prize of Heaven and our hearts filled with thankfulness for our gift of eternal life with God. We have come so far, God forbid that we turn away from God this close to being with God face to face. Let us not be the runner who falls down and gives up, inches to the finish line.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Thursday

As in the Days of Noah

Have you grown weary of waiting for the rapture? Have in the secret places in your heart, have you given up on the rapture happening anytime soon?

Matthew 24:37-38 King James Version (KJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Everything the Bible says has happened that must happened for the rapture to come. We do not know God’s timing. Jesus could come for His Own today or next year. This does not mean we do not live every day waiting with fervent hope for the rapture.

If you were pregnant, and the Doctor said your due date was today, and you did not go into labor would you give up on your baby? Would you pack up everything in the nursery, proclaiming that the baby was never going to come? Sounds silly but we do that. We become weary of waiting for the rapture and we give up.

Just as the mom keeps waiting with joyful expectation, we too should wait with joyful expectation. My dear friends, our hope is not in vain. Jesus is coming back. Just as moms do not always know the exact day her baby will arrive, so we do not know the exact day that Jesus will come. Let your heart not become impatient, but remind yourself daily that our hope is a living think and God will fulfill His promise.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Encourage your self in the Lord. Work for the Lord, while you can. Remember Jesus is coming soon.
Betty/

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 16, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

We had two little squirrels at the feeder yesterday. They were a delight to watch, play. You might feel that you are overtired, overwhelmed, and just overlooked by God. This is when we seek God, more then ever. When we do this God will send your way little diamonds of joy. Open your heart to God so that you do not over look those little diamonds.

Psalm 37:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Satan likes to convinces us that no one is suffering like we do. This is a lie. Everyone suffers. All of us have days, when we feel like pulling the cover up over our heads and hiding in bed. Don’t wait till desperation overcomes is to call on God. Talk to God every day.

The world seems to be spinning out of control. Satan would like us to think that just as many of us where caught unaware, so was God. What did The Bible say would the last days would be like?

2 Timothy 3:1 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

This does not mean God has been defeated and evil has run amuck without the knowledge of God. Yes evil is growing more and more. Did not the Bible warm is that in the last days good would be considered evil and evil good? People scoff at these being the last days. Look around my friend, it is obvious.
Children are being taught as young as three that they are transgender. Three year olds don’t know about this unless their parents teach them. There was a time the parents would be charged with endangering a child but now they are considered enlightened.

Wake up and realize we are living in the last day. Realizing the truth should not cause us to fear, but we need to keep our trust in God. Keep in mind that this is just the evil that is put out into the open. Only God knows the evil that it is hidden from the general public. Staying close to God will not only provide us comfort but will strengthen our resolve to stay committed to God and help us realize we have nothing to fear.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 15, 2018

When is the last time you heard someone say: “ I got it all together! I am just going to live my life and sail right into Heaven ?” . The truth is this is only said by those who are dying and know that they are at the end of their journey.
They have finished their work for Christ and can rest in His love. The rest of us struggle every day. We do not know what the day is going to throw at us, whether it be good or bad. Yet, not knowing what will happen today or tomorrow, we know who does know. Nothing will take God by surprise. If we trust in Him we can get up each morning without fear.

Watching the squirrel at the bird feeder, I am again reminded that just as Jesus takes care of nature, He will take care of His children. Yet we as His children walk in fear and dread. This is not how God wants us to live. We should not dread the coming day but look forward to another day to work for God. When we begin the day with fear, meditate on God’ s Word and pray for God to help you to trust Him more each day.

Psalm 27:1 King James Version (KJV)
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I do not know what burdens you are facing in your life, but God knows. Take your burdens to God. Walk in His path and ask God to speak life into your words so that you can be a blessing and encouragement to others. He holds the world in His hands can sustain you through the trials of life and the arrows Satan throws at you. There have been times that in a day, I have prayed throughout the day at least 30 times. Each time, my trust in God strengthen and the trial that started out the day so huge begin to shrink before my eyes. Not because I was a giant warrior but I begin to see that God was bigger and stronger then the enemy.

Hebrews 13:20-21 King James Version (KJV)
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Betty
As we walk each day in God’s Will, let us keep looking for our diamonds of joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have been talking about getting off the fence for awhile. The Preacher’s wife talked about that, yesterday. It affirms that God is leading me to speak on coming off the fence and making a full commitment to God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 17, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day with family. We went to lunch with my son and his sweet wife and her lovely parents after Church. We had a blessed time. God is good to us.

It is wonderful to spend time with our family. We are also part of a bigger family. We are part of the family of God. Contrary to the world’s view every person is not God’s child. God invited everyone through the precious blood of Jesus, to become His child. Far too many people reject the invitation. Just as we make the choice whether to attend a party or not. We make the choice whether to join the family of God or not. Once the party is over the invitation is cancelled. You can’t show up the next day for dinner if the dinner party was yesterday.

When we die, we cannot go back and accept the invitation to salvation. The Bible says accept today.

2 Corinthians 6:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Hebrews 9:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Jesus died to save our souls but if we choose to refuse the invitation, then we have chosen hell our our eternity.

2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If we end up in hell it will by our own choice. God send out the invitations. We must personally decide to accept the invitation for ourselves. I cannot save my loved ones. God will not save anyone against their will.

Joshua 24:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Every one has a time to die. That is why God says accept His invitation today. If we choose to wait until we are old, our heart may hardened so much, we will not hear the call. This is why God says that today is the day to accept His precious gift of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 12, 2018

Our Time

One of the best gifts we can be given from another, is their time. Thursday and Friday, my daughter and my daughter-in- law took me and her mother on a mini vacation to Galveston. We walked the strand and we walked the beach together and we laughed and talked. We had a marvelous time. Our children sharing the time with us was so special. We made precious memories together.

I know, I often do not realize how valuable time is. Time is a tricky thing. Sitting in traffic or in the Doctor’s waiting room, it can seem time runs as slow as honey. Looking at our children and remembering when they were babes in our arms, it seems like time is a race against the clock. Those precious memories of our children learning to sit up, walk, and talk are gifts that can bring us comfort even 40 years later. As we grow older we find more peace if we meditate on good memories and give God the bad memories.

Let us make sure we spend quality time with God every day. Not only are we blessed but we bless God when we make a point to spend time with Him. The time we spend with God is never wasted. We reap the benefits today, and tomorrow, and through out eternity.

Let us as moms and grandmas, thank God for our children and grandchildren. Children are indeed a gift from God.
Betty
One of the many blessings I received on this trip, was sitting on the beach and watching all the many birds. The site of them was so fun for me,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Just got home from a two day Mother’s Day vacation in Galveston with my daughter, daughter-in-law, and her mom. Had a marvelous time on the beach.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 9, 2017

Whose Mind is Stayed on Thee

Such a simple statement, so hard to do. I opened my browser to look up a verse, and got distracted by a title of an article and forgot what chapter of James I was looking up. The devil can even distract us while we are praying. We can be praying and our mind wanders out to left field and we have to remind ourselves that we are praying.

I do not think this is a sin. As humans our attention is easily strayed from subject to subject and if you have an attention disorder like me it is worse. Last night I was praying for someone and I started thinking about the person and memories with them. I realized what happened and apologized to God and continued praying.

Isaiah 26:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

This verse is talking about more serious situations then our mind wandering off. We can become so focused on our problems that we forget that God is able and willing to help us. We can also become more focused on worldly desires and leave God behind. If we have more worldly friends then Christian friends , we can persuaded to participate in things that does not please God. We can also pick up words and habits that are unbecoming to a Christian. When this happens we still love our worldly friends but we begin to spend less time with them and more time praying for their salvation.

Living in these last days we need to keep our mind on God more then ever. This doesn’t mean we cannot fellowship with our friends and enjoy a walk on the beach. It just means we want to talk to God more. Pray that we fall more and more in love with God. Pray that we have compassion on one another.
God bless and keep you safe.
Betty
Refilling the bird bath more often so they can drink and bathe.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 8, 2018

Obedience to God

Today’s daily bread was about how the disciples were called to follow Jesus and they obeyed, while Moses made excuses at first. When Jesus called Moses, He did not know God. When Jesus called the disciples they may of heard about Him but they did not know Him. In both instances those involved did not really know the One who called them. One group choice to obey without questions and the other one tried to excuse himself from the calling.

Before we look down on Moses, let us remember there were times God called us to a job and we did not want to do the job. Could it be possible that there are people who were meant for greatness for God but settled for mediocre? Have we allowed opportunities go by out of fear? For myself, I would say yes. What do we do at this point? We ask God for forgiveness and then we put our trust in Him. We seek to obey Him in the present.

My friends, if Jesus does not come very soon, working for God could be dangerous even in America. A bill has passed in California that if a man or woman has feelings of homosexuality and went to a Doctor for help, unless that Doctor told the patient these feelings were normal, the Doctor will be breaking the law. Already, Christians who allowed people to marry on the beautiful property have stopped, because if they refused a gay couple, they would be sued.

My friends this is not the time to fear. God forbid, that we should hide our faith in the closet. No no! This is the time to pray for God to give us courage and trust.
God does not want us to live in fear, but to wholly trust in Him. Put on the armor of God and put our trust completely in God. Pray that God will give us courage to say yes to what He calls us to do. Remember too, that it is often the little things that make us lose trust in God. Like I have said before God is concerned about our little and big issues.
Betty

Yesterday, we were blessed to see several tiny squirrels playing in our tree and of course enjoying the feed.

Ephesians 6:10-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 7, 2018

I pray that your day began in a sunny note. Today was a good wake up, for me. What do we do when we wake up less the stellar? We talk to God about it. We tell Him our concerns. Even our smallest concerns are important to God. Why? Because they concern us. My dad fixed things. I never had him say that my problem was too small for him to deal with it. Why? Because he loved me. God Loves us even more. Do not be afraid to take your concerns little and big, to God.

Looking out my living room window, I see the trees moving in the breeze, blue sky, and white fluffy clouds. It looks so peaceful. I am experiencing an relaxing moment. Every moment for us is not peaceful and relaxing for us. There are times we feel we are in the midst of a storm. We should not hide and we should not blame God. We take it to God and pray for His perfect peace. Remember Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, God gave them protection and peace in the middle of the fire. God has shown His protecting power. Why do we doubt so? Why do we live in fear? Do we think that our Heavenly Father has lost some of His power? Do we fear that He no longer cares for His children. God forbid, that we lose hope and make the choice to doubt God, instead of trusting with our whole heart.

Daniel 3:22-25 King James Version (KJV)
22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flames of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Let us rejoice knowing the same God that was with the three men in the fire, will be with us through any troubles we have. Trust in God and in His powers. When we trust in God, He will,bring His peace. Like the song says: “I know whom I have believed”. He is the same God today, that breathed life into Adam. He wants to hold our hands and to comfort us. May we open our hearts and allow Him access.
Betty

https://youtu.be/_bRV3J4n8cc

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

I refilled 4 bird feeders this morning. I could hear the birds spreading the news. Jesus called us to spread the Gospel. I must admit that I am a introvert and talking to strangers is hard for me. I am working on looking for opportunities where the door is open for me to talk. One good place is at the pharmacy at Walmart. People when they are sick are often more open. I spend a lot of time at Walmart pharmacy so am going to pray for God to open doors for me to share Christ.

Those who work can also pray for opportunities to share Jesus. Coworkers bring up issues, at least they did when I worked. Pray that God will give you the words to say, not only to encourage your coworkers but to let them know that God cares about them.

Before you can share the Gospel, we must remind ourselves that God Loves us and cares about us. Yes there are problems in our lives, but that does not diminish the love God for us. We with physical issues suffer, but God is with us. Our physical health and emotional health does not reflect where we are with our relationship with God. Our spiritual health does reflect our relationship with God.
Do not allow your physical issues discourage your spiritual health. I understand how easy it is to get discourage. My health has gotten worse since my bout with
pneumonia. The devil is quick to try to discourage me, but when I remind myself to trust God, I find peace. If you have a prayer request, please let me know so I can pray for you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 5, 2018

Again this morning I woke up with a Hymn in my head. I must say I love waking up to worship songs. It is a good way to start the day, praising God in your heart. There is joy in our hearts when we praise God. Even when we are dealing with issues, praising God brings peace.

Let us not just praise God when things are great in our lives. We should praise God through good and bad times. Our bad times does not dismiss the greatness of God or His Holiness. God is working in our lives even when we do not see it. Knowing He loves us so much should promote us to praise Him. Our trials and our situations does not diminish the greatness of God.

Whether it’s health problems, financial issues, or problems with other people, we can take our concerns to Jesus. He does care about our situation. When we trust God in spite of our situations, God gives us peace of mind. Yes, we often struggle, but when give our concerns to God, we find peace. When God gives us peace of heart and mind, we can handle what God has allowed in our lives. Don’t struggle against your situation but pray for God to sustain and give you peace to walk through the valleys with Him.

We are not in Heaven, yet. We are living in a sinful world. We will suffer in this world, but remember we are not alone. This life is just minutes compared to eternity with God. Keep pressing onwards to the prize. Have a blessed day and rejoice in your relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 4, 2018

We all have days that start out fine and end on a bad note. It’s what we do with it that counts? We do not blame God instead we ask Him to help us get a good nights sleep so we can start out the next day we what we need to fight the battles left over the day before. Most of the time, we can just leave in in God’s hands. There are times that we need to take some kind of action. It is best to seek guidance from God before we take action. We do not want to react in anger. Nor do we want to make the wrong decision because we are hurt and upset. Also we do not want to say things that wound others. Wounds of the heart take a long time to heal.

Living in this sinful world, opens us up to being wounded by others. Just as we are subject to saying the wrong, things so are others. Just as we lose our temper and speak in anger so do others. Unfortunately, we can have a tendency to react in anger causing a blow up. While we can apologize for our part, it takes time to heal wounds caused by words spoken in anger. As Christians let us pray every day that God will help us to have a kind heart and speak to others out of love. When we wound others we should apologize. When others wound us, go to God for emotional healing.

Have a blessed day, my friends and keep your trust and hope in Jesus. He is the only one who will never fail or forsake you.
Betty
Blue jay and male Cardinal visiting. I gave them clean water today and bought 40 pounds of bird feed yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 3, 2018
Happy Thursday and Good Afternoon,

The last four weeks when Hubby and I go to bed, we watch a devotion on Bible.com. This brings us close to God and each other as we meditate on God’s Word together. When we have someone to talk to about God, it increases our faith. As Christians we need this, but we do not always have this. The internet has helped with this. We can talk to others about God on Facebook and other Christian sites . We can post our prayer needs and read other’s and pray for them. God made us to be social. Introverts like me find comfort in these ways of sharing the goodness of God and being encouraged by others.

I watched a prophecy video the other day on YouTube. It was recorded this week and the man talked about the things going on in the world and how things in the world are playing out just like the Bible said it would in the end times. The man reminded the watcher that this is not a time for fear for Christians, it is a time for rejoicing for our redemption is coming soon.

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of committing ourselves wholly to the Lord Jesus. It is indeed time to get off the fence and proclaim your faith in Jesus. Let us not be ashamed of our faith in Jesus, lest He will be ashamed of us in Heaven. We must decided whether we want to be a people pleaser or a God pleaser. There is a coming a day when we will be forced to choose. Even fellow Christians will be critical of you, if you talk about sin or hell.
If you have been trying to love a person into Heaven for 5 plus years, it is obvious it is not going to work.

Speak the truth in love. God sent His Son to die for our sins so that we can be saved. Speak the truth, that if we reject that precious gift we will be punished in hell for eternity. Salvation is too important to allow fear of offending someone stop us for speaking the truth. If your friend goes to hell do you think they will thank you for not telling the truth. The truth is there is consequences for rejecting salvation. The punishment will be harsh and be eternal. Do we love our friends and loved ones enough to speak the truth? Are we willing to be made fun of and be criticized for speaking the truth?

Get off the fence my dear friends and proclaim the truth in love but proclaim it. Hell is real. Eternity is real. Heaven is also real and God has prepared for His children. He wants to save us. The question are willing to turn from our sins and except His precious gift? As His children are we willing to speak the truth of the Gospel? Every person must decide for themselves.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2018
Happy Tuesday,

This would have been my Aunt Alice’s Birthday. She was a simple woman with learning disabilities, but she loved God and she loved going to Church. God in His love for mankind reaches people where they are are. Away from the house, Aunt Alice rarely spoke,but she prayed for people.

We do not have to be a genius to work for God. God can use us with the abilities we have. Also God often increases our ability as we work for Him. We must not sit back with the attitude that if God ever gives us a talent, we will work for Him. God wants us to work for Him with willing heart and out of our love for Him. We cannot all be singers, musicians and Preachers. Be willing to work where God leads you.

When we had teenagers and and we asked them to vacuum the floor, there were times that they did a terrible job, fussing the whole time. This made for an unpleasantness for the both of us. God does not want us to work with that attitude for Him. He wants us to work out of love and respect for Him.

Every day the news events shows us how close we are to the return of Jesus for us. While we may have some concerns, we need to place them in the hands of God and rejoice at the knowledge of His soon return to take us home to Heaven.
Betty

I cleaned the bird bath today, and it was in desperate need of cleaning. I was rewarded with a blue jay visiting.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2018

Today while I was getting dressed a song played on the radio that talked about allowing God to be more in your life. I am embarrassed to say that my first thought was: “Will I still be me?” Then I wondered to myself, why don’t I want to be more like God? The answer is I do want to be more like God. I want to be more loving, kinder and sin less. God doesn’t want to change us into a robot. He wants us to be the best we can be. He wants me to still be Betty but be the best Betty I can be, by allowing Him to work through me. This is not about becoming rich and having no problems in your life. It is about being the best you can be even though you are not rich and you do have health issues. Allowing God to work through you as you are with your issues is living in obedience to God.

One day I will be healthy. I truly believe it. It will most likely be when I walk through Heaven’s Gates. I can live with that. It is through my broken body that God uses me. Through my suffering God guides me into His will. Do I think I am a better Christian than anyone else? God forbid! I know my faults all to well. I am not content to stay in my situation. I pray that God will help me grow each day.
I said all this to remind us, that we can work for God through trials and health issues. Let us not put off working for God because we are not where we want to be in our spiritual life. Not only does God work with us where we are at, He will help us grow spiritually.

Let our prayer be that we grow more and more like Jesus. That when we react with people, that they see the love of Jesus flowing through us. Let us be lamppost pointing lost souls to Christ.
Betty
Birds are going through the seed fast. I will have to get another 30 or 40 pound bag this week.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 30,2018

I was talking yesterday to a man who is a proud atheist and proud that he raised his kids to be atheist. This broke my heart. He has raised his children to go to hell. He has taught them that being an atheist is to be superior mentally.
He said people like me are holding the world back from greatness. He has already bought in to the lie that the anti-Christ will use. When the rapture happens the world will believe those who were hindering the world from greatest were thrown off the world to bring in a new and greater age.

Look around you and you will see that the liberals have bought into the lie that those with conservative views are mentally challenged and a hinderance to the world reaching her full potential. The world is ready to accept the anti-Christ with open arms.

We as Christians need to get our house in order. Pray for forgiveness for sins that we have not repented of. Pray for lost loved ones. Pray for Preachers who are not afraid to preach the truth of the Gospel. When the rapture happens pray that we will be working for God and praying more. Let us not grow cold this close to our deliverance. May God find us working for Him and praying more and more. Pray that we do not grow weary in our work for Jesus.
Betty

The squirrel came to visit. Hubby and I enjoyed watching him play.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Day by day, night by night time goes by. It is so easy to begin to believe that God is not coming for His Church any time soon. Just as the people grew weary listening to Noah’s warning of the flood and made fun of him, people today refuse to recognize, the times we are living in. As Christians we should live every day as if this was the day of His return. When the floods came it was too late to make it right with God. Just as when the rapture happens it will be too late to go up in the rapture if we are not saved.

Pray for the lost. Tell them the truth about Heaven and Hell. How can we be saved if we do not know what we are being saved from? If the occupants of a house that is on fire do not know there is a fire, they will not flee. People need to know there is consequences of rejected salvation. Do not allow political correctness keep you from sharing the truth of the Gospel.

Philippians 3:20But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
2 Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

If we keep our hope in Jesus we can rest in Him, knowing He is coming for us.
We suffer now, but our deliverance is coming, soon.

1 Peter 5:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Hold on to your faith in Christ. Ask God to help your faith to be strong in Him and for God to remove your doubts. We know our future will be in Heaven. Let us not turn away from our faith, this close to the prize.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement