Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 3)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February 14, 2019
Happy Valentine’s Day

Valentines Day

Some people think Valentines Day is just a holiday made up my greeting card companies. I do not know. I think a day to remind us to be appreciative of our mates is a great idea. Everyone needs to be reminded that we are loved. It is not about expensive gifts, but the idea that our mates, realizes that we are important to them and they are not taking us for granted, matters.

We can sometimes take God for granted. Only praying when we are distressed or have a need. Just as we as people like to be praised, so does God. When we praise God, He in turn will bless us. When we tell God that we love Him, He will fill our hearts with His love for us. One day we will be able to think Jesus, face to face for all He has done for us. For now let us thank Him with a grateful heart.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February 13, 2019
Happy Wednesday and Good Afternoon,

One of the hardest task with COPD, is bathing. As I walked in the living room using my walker, I was struggling with each breath. I looked out the window and there was a male red cardinal at the feeder. Immediately, I thanked the Lord for His kindness to me. In my physical distress, God gave me a gift to light my spirit.
I realized that I am blessed. May God help us to not only be aware of the little diamonds of joy that He brings us each day but to help us to be thankful.

We all have struggles. The devil would like to use our struggles to make us doubt and even question God’s love for us. If the devil can’t get us to question God, He will use others. Years ago on a Christian board, a man who had never met me personally, told me that the fact that God had not chosen to heal me on earth, meet that I was unsaved. Others have questioned whether I have enough faith to be healed.

I know that God has healed me in my lifetime . I have been healed many times over my 66 years of life. I do not doubt that abilities of God to heal. I also trust God to do what is best for me. It is because of all my struggles with so many health issues that I have learned to depend on God. When my health was good, I often felt I was a strong person on my own. It is because of my weakness that I have learn to trust and depend on God.

As we age and our bodies start to grow weak, we can find hope and strength leaning on Jesus. God gives us grace and patience to grow through our weakness. I used to be impatient. When I was younger, I could move all the furniture in my house by my self and often did. When I developed Osteoarthritis, I found I could not do so much. Because I was forced to do less physically, I begin to develop patience.

God can take our physical challenges and He can used them to help us grow spiritually. There are many times that I wished I could things that I used to be able to do. When I talk to God about my frustrations and disappointments, He gives me peace. Whatever stage we are in in life, we can trust God and grow spiritually if we listen to Him and trust Him.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 12, 2019
Happy Tuesday and Good Afternoon,

Exciting and Scary

This is exciting and scary times. We can feel the rapture in the air. There are those who say that we have been looking for the rapture for years. That is the truth. Yet, when have we heard so much talk of a One World Religion and Government, as we do today? The Pope is working hard on a world Religion. In mankind’s eyes that seems a good idea. Is it?

To have a One World Religion, is to compromise. This is why the Pope is pushing praying to Mary. Seems like a good compromise to some, but the Pope is pushing Jesus aside to please other religions. Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Mary cannot save anyone.

One World Government will require Countries to give up their freedom. Sounds great when you think of our world at peace. That is, until you read what the UN wants for the world. Then you see how costly a One World Government will be.

We are seeing Prophecy fulfilled before our eyes and yet some Christians are blind to what is going on around us. Freedom of Religion is being attacked and slowly Religious freedom will be gone. The exciting part is that Jesus is coming soon in the clouds to call His Children to join Him. Evil is entering Churches. Pastors are compromising the truth of the Gospel for numbers. We need not fear, but keep our eyes on Jesus.

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Betty

Keep looking for your tiny diamonds of joy in your lives. God still provides.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 11,2019
Happy Monday and Good Afternoon,

Being Content To Never Grow

When a baby is conceived, everything the baby needs is provided in the womb by mama. Yet if the baby never came out of the womb, the baby would miss out on life. From the day the baby is born, the baby is reaching out to learn more to do more and to experience more. It is natural for the baby not to be content to stay at one stage in life. God has made babies to want to do more and experience more of life.

Yet we as Christians can become content to stay spiritually the same. To resist growth and change. Just like a newborn, we miss so much if we refuse to grow in grace and faith. When a baby learns to walk, there are missteps. The little one falls and sometimes hurts themselves but they get up and try again. Growing spiritually hurts, but to refuse to grow, cheats ourselves of so much.

1 Corinthians 3:2 King James Version (KJV)2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

What a shame it will be if God has to tell us in Heaven that we refuse to grow beyond the milk stage! That we were never able to eat the meat of the Gospel, because of our stubbornness and fear. Do we not trust God? When we are able to eat the meat not only do we enjoy the taste, but there is a closeness to God that comes only from growing in grace, faith and trust. Is not refusing to grow spiritually, an act of rebellion against God? Are we sinning against God when we refuse to trust Him to be with us in the next phase of our spiritual life?

Let us pray that God will give us the courage to step out in faith. Ask Him for courage to speak when He lays on our heart to speak. It is time to stop being behind closed doors, Christians. Time to step out of our comfort zone and be willing to work for God where He puts us. Yes, it is scary to come out of our comfort zone, but the rewards are worth it.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 10, 2019
Blessed Sunday and Good Afternoon,

“The Good Witch,

Tom Brady said he gives his wife partial credit for his Super Bowl success to his wife, who is a ‘good’ witch. Talking about how she sets up a altar at the games and has him chant special words before the game. I read about this before I went to bed last night. This morning I woke up from a dream, where a father, was trying to explain the difference from ‘good’ witch craft and ‘dark’ witchcraft, to his children. In the dream the line between the two disappeared and you can soon tell both were evil.

Whatever you call witchcraft it is evil. It is of the devil. Practicing witchcraft will send you to hell. They have no idea that the altar that she is praying to, is to Satan. While it seems the family is benefiting from her prayers to He devil, now, there will come a day when Satan will be finished with them and leave them in their sins. No victory on earth is worth an eternity in hell.

We do not make fun of Tom Brady. We pray for him. He is not the first person to be led astray by the devil. We take no pride in the fact that we may have never been led astray by this sin, we have our own temptations to sin. We sorrow in the fact that he and his wife may lead others in to darkness by making this public.

Rejoice in your relationship with God. Give God glory and praise for protecting us and guiding us in His Ways. May God bless you and keep your family safe.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 9, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

“Who Are You!”

The new show “Masked Singer” uses The Who’s song “Who Are You?” Of course we know we are. We know our name, our family, etc. But who are we really? Do we know ourselves? It is even hard to know our own motivation.
Do we do things for God or do we do things so people will think better of us?

This is one reason we should do like King David and pray and ask God to search our heart for hidden sin. We may think because sin is hidden that it really doesn’t matter. Sin is like mold. It can be hidden away and seemly causing no damage. Mold grows and it destroys what it touches. Sin hidden left unchecked, will grow and then destroy us.

Lately we have seen celebrities’s sins made public. What the world sees as successful people are being destroyed by sin hidden for years. The Bible says that hidden sin will be put out in the open. Instead of nipping the sin at the beginning and seeking forgiveness from God and the person they hurt, they allowed the sin to grow and hurt more people. The longer they got away with sin the more confidant they became. Assured they could continue in their sin and still be a public figure.

We ask God to search our hearts so we can have a close relationship with Him. We do not want any sin to come between us and God. When we do this our spiritual lives will grow and thrive. We can be used more for God when we live pure lives for God. While it is true that there are some who live public lives for God, with hidden sin in their lives, we also see that there comes a day when their sin is made public. Sometimes God breaks them so they can repent and come back to God. In other cases they turn on God, in their pride, they publicly embrace sin. They hardened their hearts and lose their souls to the devil.

We can learn from them to seek forgiveness every day and turn away from sin. Sin may be sweet for a season but in the end it destroys us and sends us to hell.
There is no sin worth going to hell for.

Numbers 32:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 “But if you fail to do this, you will be sinning against the Lord; and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.

Betty
Still enjoying the birds and squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 8, 2019
Happy Friday and Good Afternoon,

Seek the Lord

Jeremiah 29:13 “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

We have relationships that are shallow and those that are intense. There people at Church and our jobs that we know, and yet we do not know very much about them. It is not that we do not like them, but we are not in their circle of friends. We know them and yet we do know them.

This is not the kind of relationship that God wants with us. Knowing God exist does not get us into Heaven , nor knowing about Him. After all Satan and demons know God. They lived in Heaven and at one time they even offered up praises to God.

Having a relationship with God is more then knowing God.

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Salvation is seeking forgiveness for our sins, turning away from our sins, and allowing God to be God over us. We literally have to get out of the drivers seat and to allow God to control our lives. We have to trust in Him enough that we seek His guidance. God wants to live in our hearts. When we have a daily relationship with God, we live in freedom. The freedom to seek the face of God. The freedom to know His heart.

This is the age in time that having a real relationship with God is important. Sadly, many people who have attended Church all their lives, have never really known God. This is why that they can say they are Christians and actively support sin. Nancy Pelosi said that the Democratic Congress is doing God’s work. Yet, they support and vote for sin. We have men and women who are Preachers who gathered together to pray the blessings of God on a new Planned Parenthood building.

If we do not have a real relationship with God we can be led astray by false Preachers, false Teachers, and the world’s opinion. Our opinions should line up with the Word of God. When they do not, we are the one who needs to change. God is not changing His truths to fit the world’s agenda. God is not going to change His mind about sin, just because we disagree. We protect ourselves by knowing the truth of God’s Holy Word, so that we are not led astray.
Betty

Proverbs 4:19 “The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.”

John 3:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 7, 2018
Happy Thursday and Good Afternoon,

Attacks From Nowhere

My husbands seems to have this need to tell me when something is wrong right as I am going to sleep. Of course sleep goes away and I lie there and worry and fret. When the devil attacks, he likes to hit us from out of nowhere. Sometimes, making us feel like we have been knocked off our feet.

I haven’t yet figured out how to deal with husband, but we can prepare ourselves from attacks from the devil. We stay close to God all the time. We prepare our hearts and minds by reading the Bible daily and praying daily. We have open communication with God so when the devil attacks, going to God is like calling a friend on the phone to vent our problems.

We are blessed when we have a friend we can share our problems with. Still, there is a special relation with God, when we feel close enough to God to be able to talk to Him at any times. Our friends can listen and even cry with us. I am not down playing that. God can do more. He can smooth the rocky road for us. Even if it is His will that we walk a uneven hard road, He will be with us every step.

As the world becomes more evil, we need to stay close to God. Our relationship with God needs to be current. God warned us about evil growing in the last days. If we stay close to God, we can avoid outside evil taking over our hearts and minds. Remember Satan will at times bring evil thoughts to our minds. When he does that, start singing praise songs to God. Satan is not going to hang around for a Praise and Worship Service, for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 8, 2019

A Divided Country,

Watching the President’s State of the Union speech showed how much our Country is divided. There were a few times all applauded but so many times you could tell where people stood by what they clapped for. Why has this happened? I believe we can take it back to the first time America demanded that Israel give up a piece of her land to Muslims. In attempt to bring peace, we went against the Apple of God’s Eye. America sinned against God.

Each time we encouraged Israel to give up a new piece of land, there was a disaster in America. Refusing to admit that God was punishing us for our action we just started blaming Global Warming. Global Warming will be the excuse for many sins. The United Nation’s goal, among many is to purge the population. Abortion will be used as an excuse to keep the population numbers down. It will only be a number of time when old and handicapped people will be put to death.
Just as we saw the Governor of New York applaud the new law of abortion, we will see people applaud a bill to get rid of those not considered financially profitable.

America is divided when it comes to political parties, abortion, the wall, homosexuality, and even the belief in the truth of gender. We are divided by our faith. Those who believe the Bible is true and those who believe that we have evolved to higher level where sins are acceptable and encouraged. This divide will widen and hate against those who stand for the truth of God’s Word will grow. Pride in self will keep America from admitting her sins and seeking forgiveness from God. Instead America, just like the rest of the world will grow more and more evil, until God has enough and calls His children Home to Heaven. Then the world will give into evil and the anti-Christ will be accepted with open arms.

My friends, we see what is coming, but we also see that soon, God will call us Home. This is not our home. Our home is with Jesus. Though it is right that we weep over America, we must keep our eyes and our faith in Jesus. Fear not the future but trust in God and remember our future is in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 5, 2019
Happy Tuesday and Good Morning,

Seek God, First

Matthew 6:33 King James Version (KJV)33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

If you are like me, there are days that I treat God more like an after thought. I do not mean, too. I get wrapped in problems. Especially when I wake up to a problem. My mind is not completely awoke and I am overwhelmed easily.

The thing I forget, is that if I take time to talk to God, not only will He give me peace of mind to think properly, but He will help me find a solution to the problem. So often God is our last resort. Have you ever heard someone say:”I tried everything and the only thing left to do is pray”. God wants prayer to be the first thing we do.

When we put God first in our lives, we will remember to pray. I think like a fixer. I want to jump in and do something. There are times that I make things worse, because I tried to fix a problem with no idea of a solution. Hasty work can lead to more problems. God wants to come to Him first.

In this world of evil, it is easy just to give up. God wants us, to talk to Him. Talk to Him about our problems. Be still and listen to His quiet voice. Fear not but trust God. Yes evil is growing in this world, but if we listen carefully, we find out God is still saving souls around the globe. God has not quit His Work. Let us pray every day that God would use us for His Kingdom. Let us be a willing servant of Christ.
Betty

Listen to songs of birds. Let their songs give you a glad heart.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 4, 2019

Big Bang to Nothing

When Schools started teaching the Big Bang theory they changed the morals of the world. I was in elementary when that lie, first made textbooks. Then both the Big Bang theory and Creation was taught us theories. Soon Creation left the text books and only the Big Bang theory was taught.

What is so bad about the Big Bang theory, is that mankind has no purpose. If mankind was made by accident, then there is no higher power. If there is no higher power then mankind has no divine purpose. This has led to mankind being selfish and self serving. Living only for what they desire and the morals they are comfortable with. Sadly the world’s standard of morals has gotten lower and lower. Blinded by Satan, the world embraces the sins that Satan promotes. Congress tried to remove the oath “under God”, from the oath. Some members of Congress even booed God.

We are no accident. God had a purpose for every person born on this earth. Sadly, most people live not for God, but have forsaken God in their drive to obtain power, fame, and money. Denying God and in so denying a purpose for their lives. Even worse some have taken on Satan’s agenda as their purpose. Choosing sins as their purpose and the promotion of sin as their calling.

As Christians, we look around at the sins and schemes of the world and we can only pray for the soon return of Jesus for His Own. Remember though, as much as we long to be with Jesus in Heaven, we still have Godly work to do. Let us work for God, out of our love for Him and not as an obligation. Remembering that we have a divine calling, we strive to work hard and do our best for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 3, 2019

I was blessed to make it to Church this morning. Still having pain, but healing. It is such a blessing when we can get with fellow believers, and praise God in unity. Remember if for health reasons or lack of transportation, you can find good preaching on YTube. Just make sure they preach the truth of the Gospel.

When we offer up praise to God, He rewards us with joy and peace. When we are blessed then we can offer the gift of encouragement to others. We can be used by God help fellow believers. God needs us to be willing to share His love with others, when we do, He will bless us.

Let us continue to pray for our lost loved ones and friends. Pray for fellow Christians that we will continue you to grow in grace and faith. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 2,2019
Happy Saturday,

Finding strength in today’s world, can be a chore. When we go to God, He will strengthen us physically and emotionally. We often forget that God wants us to take our issues to Him. God loves us. He wants us to trust Him with all hearts. It is tempting to hide our problems, but all Christians have problems. We can stop trying to be perfect and instead try to obedient children of God. Do not be afraid to ask fellow Christians to pray for us. It is a blessing to pray for one another.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 1, 2019

Firecracker

We do not jump out of the bed, everyday, like a firecracker, excited to get to working for Jesus. We let the dog out and stumble to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. After we inhaled enough energy juice we begin to wake up. Then slowly we begin our day. And soon we remember to pray that God will guide and use us this day for His glory.

God knows us. He knows all of our characteristics and flaws. Yet in His mercy He chose us. He did not die for perfect people. He died for sinful and flawed people. He still loves His children, even though we have a tendency to wander from Him. He loves us in spite of our tempers. This is not a excuse to sin, but a reminder that God loves us even when we sin. If we are truly His child, we will repent and turn from sin.

Today we will be a day that I need to stay in, for my health sake. This does not give me a license to do nothing for God. We can listen to His Word and Preaching online now. If we are on Facebook, we can see people requesting prayer and pray for them. In these last days, may God find us working for Him. Praying for others is a privilege.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 31, 2019

“Sing With Me, How Great Is Our God”

When we watch what is happening around the world, we see that evil is growing more and more. While we must not hide our head in the sand and become oblivious to what is happening around us, we must not forget the greatness of the God of Heaven.

God, in His great love for mankind, has not only provided a way of salvation, but when we become saved, He adopts us as sons and daughters. How close we are to God, is up to us. Are we Sunday only Christians? Do we choose to keep God at arms link? Do we want to want to have a daily relationship with God? There is a cost to a close daily relationship. God may call us to speak up for truth in a world that no longer wants to hear the truth.

A relationship with a man and woman grows sweeter as they begin to trust each other with their heart and thoughts. When we draw close to God and communicate with Him daily, the sweeter our relationship grows. We can talk to God about everything. He will not make fun of us or say to us that our ideas are stupid.

The closer we grow to God, the more our hearts will sing of the greatness of God. Singing praises to God, will strengthen our faith in God. When we trust and obey God, He will fill our lives with joy.
Betty

https://youtu.be/TDpqBEEY6as

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 30, 2019

Good News, No Longer Good

The Gospel of Christ is the Good News. Jesus came to this earth to live and die for our sin. What could be better news then that? For the most part, everybody wants to go to Heaven. Far too many people want to be saved for Heaven, but live in their sins. True salvation is not just confessing our sins, it is turning from our sins, and going in a different salvation.

It is like being saved from a burning house and then going back in the burning house and sitting down. The fireman did his best, so your blood is not on his hands. We may feel bad about our sins but if we refuse to leave our sins, we are not saved. Of course true Christians may go back to the sin, but they are convicted and they leave their sin. When we choose to stay in our sins, our desire for our sins, is stronger then our desire to be saved.

Jesus said you cannot serve two masters. You can choose to serve God or self. Choosing self is serving the devil. Heaven is eternal and the pleasures you obtain from sin are fleeting. How many celebrities have we seen live for the devil for fame. In their younger days they are happy and great looking, but when the devil is finished with them, they look ragged and ugly. Pleasure and youth only last so longer. Christians , the world may not know our name. We may not have money or fame, but the God of the universe know us by name and knows our hearts and minds. The joy of Heaven is for eternity.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 29, 2019

The Iniquities of This World Overwhelm Her

Isaiah 64:7-8 King James Version (KJV)
7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

The sins of this world stink to the high Heavens. No longer do we hide in shame but we exalt ourselves in sinful pride, even rejoicing in our sins. How long will God withhold judgement to a world that blasphemes God and celebrates the death of babies? We make excuses for murder? We make excuses for voting on those we know, whose platform is standing on sin. We have no excuse. We cannot claim surprise, when they vote for gay marriage and abortion.

No longer content to kill the baby in the womb and celebrating gay pride, they now want to confuse little children. Some states allowing kindergarten children to be taught that there is more than two genders. If you were going in the dog breeding industry, would you not purchase a male and female? How many puppies would you have with two of the same sex puppies?

We march for equality for females and then turn around and say that a child is not born male or female. We confuse our children by allowing them to dress in clothing for the opposite gender, that they were born with. I read a post on Facebook that said how can we defend our Country in war when we do not even know what bathroom to use.

We villainies Police Officers and our Military. Those who put their lives on the line to protect us, we treat with disrespect. If we continue in this direction, our youth will refuse to serve as protectors of this Country. We have shut God out of our Country. We have no respect for the Police and Military. If our Country is attack, who we call to save us?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 28,2019

God of Heaven, Rise Up

Psalm 94:2 New International Version (NIV)Rise up, Judge of the earth;
    pay back to the proud what they deserve.

This week we saw people in New York,laughing, smiling, proud as peacocks over passing a bill to allow women to get an abortion at nine months. I could go into graph details of how horrific that procedure is, that late in the pregnancy, but I will spare you that image.

This is evil beyond any evil. When I was a child and read of how in history, children were sacrificed to idols, I could not fathom how any mother could do this. Make no mistake, this children are being sacrificed. Sacrificed for selfish reason. The devil has taken this horrid evil and made it a choice for women. How low has a society reached, when killing their own baby is a right of freedom they cherish?

Psalm 94:16-23 King James Version (KJV)
16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
17 Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?
21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
22 But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.
23 And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off.

The Lord of Heaven is not blind to this evil that takes place every day, all around the world. The blood of these babies call out to God. God, Himself, will revenge them. The world has become so obsessed with this sin, that in their eyes, women against abortion, are women who are against other women. Standing against abortion will not make you popular. Remember, God did not call us to be popular on this earth.

God will rise up and He will punish these who have taking joy in the writing of a bill for the killing of babies. Do not mistake the patience of God as weakness. New York may face judgement for the sins of her leaders. Pray for Christians in New York. Pray for all in this Country who stand up for life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 27, 2019

When a rock hits the windshield of your car, it often makes a tiny mark. If we ignore the mark it begins to spread and soon can even spread all across the windshield. This is how sin works in our lives. We start out with a tiny sin. If we seek forgiveness right away the Satan is stopped in his tracks. Too often we just make excuses for our sin. We hide the sin away and go about our business. We do not realize that just with the rock, we have opened the door to sin. If we are not careful we soon allow more sin to move into our lives. With each new sin, making excuses for our behavior.

Each new sin seems to be a little worse and before we know we are shocked at how low we have allowed ourselves to fall. We can find ourselves saying words we never thought would come out of our mouths. We can find ourselves in places that we have never been before. Soon we are like the world embracing sin and making arguments defending sin. Our eyes are no longer focused on Christ. We have become a people pleaser, justifying sin so that we do not offend others.

God still loves us. He is calling us back to His truths. Stop justifying sin and accept the truths of God. Seek forgiveness and pray for courage to speak the truth in a world that does not want to hear the truth. Pray for a revival in our hearts so that not only the love of God floats out to others, but that we are able to speak the truth in love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 26, 2019
Happy Saturday and Good Afternoon,

I just saw a male red cardinal fly to the bird feeder. My diamond of joy. If we look around where we are and we open our eyes and heart we will see that we are blessed. From my chair I see my two hanging birds, gifts from my children and their families. On my curio cabinet are willow tree angels that were given to me from family members and my best friend. Little reminders that I am loved and cared for.

If we search our minds, we will remember many, many times that God has blessed us over the years. The times that He held us together through tragedies.
God has stood with us through our years and is with us ,that have grown older, even still. It is easy to become so focused on the present situation that we forget the many mercies of God through out our past.

We know where God stands? Where do we stand? Is our love for God, still strong? Are we still listening to His voice? Do we trust God’s truths over the lies of the world? We should ask God regularly to search our hearts. When we find ourselves leaning to the world’s idea of morals, we should go back to the Bible and remind ourselves of the truths of God.

I pray that God will fill us with His Holy Spirit that we may be protected from the lies of the devil. That our hearts would be so overflowing with love for God that we can stay focused on Him. We live in a world where evil is growing, but remember we are filled with the Spirit of God, who knows no evil. If we trust in God and walk in His ways, He will protect us from evil.
Betty

Feeling worse today. Probably expected now that the gas from surgery is wearing off. I appreciate your prayers.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 25, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Let My Soul Rejoice In the Lord

Psalm 32:11. Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.

Our prayer should be that we rejoice in the Lord, always. In good times, in pain, in good health, in sorrow and in times of joy, may our hearts still be filled with joy of the Lord. Remember that happiness and joy are not the same. Happiness comes and goes but the joy of the Lord is eternal. We may say that today I do not feel joy. What do we do about that? We begin to praise the Lord, in prayer songs. As we praise the Lord, our hearts begin to fill up with the joy of the Lord. When we bless God, He in-turn blesses us.

The joy of the Lord we have today, is just a taste of the joy to come in Heaven. There we will never be no sorrow, pain, sadness or depression again. God has not called us to a life overflowing with wealth and constant worldly victories. He does provide our needs. This life should be about our service to God. In His love He gives us gifts and often provides not only our needs but many of our desires. For instance I had desired a quilt. I got one from my sister Christmas before last and one last Christmas from my daughter. Only a God knew my desire, I had told not even told my husband. But through the love of my sister and daughter, God provided the desire of my heart. I am doubly blessed.

I had my surgery yesterday. As expected not feeling so well today. I am blessed to not only make it through surgery but now it is behind me. Thank you for your prayers.
Betty

https://youtu.be/yft5BflRqBo

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Home from hospital. Surgery went well. Doctor said the mass at my elbow was lying on top of a tendon and that is why there was so much pain. Wrist surgery went well, too. Praise God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 23, 2019
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

God Is Trust Worthy

I have surgery in the morning on my elbow and wrist. I am putting my trust in God that everything will be okay. When we have an important test, job interview, or health issue we reach out to God and we should. The reality is that God is with us every day and every minute. We can trust in Him to get us through the day and night.

So why do bad things happen to us? Truth is we do have troubles, accidents, and we do have health issues. If The rapture is delayed, many my age will go to Heaven through the river of Death. Even through death, God is with us. He walks with us through life and will be with us in death. This is why we need not live in fear. Fear does come, but when it does, we talk to God.

We should live each day for God and trust Him to guide us and be with us. One day we will be with a God in the glories of Heaven, where nothing bad can touch us again. So let us rejoice in the joy of the Lord and lay our fears down at the feet of the cross.
Betty

Matthew 28:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Isaiah 41:10 (KJV) Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 22, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Entertainers, Politicians, And Celebrities

It seems to be an expert on Christianity today, means to remove verses from the Bible, that offend you. Entertainers, Politicians, and Celebrities are weighing in on what a true Christian is. Chelsea Clinton says if you do not believe in abortion, you cannot be a Christian. Lady Gaga says Vice-President Pence is a bad Christian for being against gay marriage and abortion . Everyday it seems a new person is coming out against what the Bible says.

Too many are not going to the Bible to learn what is acceptable to God but listening to the world’s so called elite. When we stand before God for judgement, it will be the Word of God that condemns us. What the world thinks will not convict us, nor will it save us. God’s Holy Word last forever. God has not written a new version of the Bible to appease the world. Remember the Bible says in the last days what is good will considered bad and what is bad good.

Isaiah 5:20 ESV Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

1 Timothy 4:1 ESV Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 But test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.

Listening to the world’s ideas of Holiness may make you acceptable to the world, but it will condemn your soul. We gain Heaven when we accept God’s plan of salvation and we live for Him. Living to please the world, only brings temporary happiness and a eternity in hell. Living for God and His ways will soon make us hated by the world. Some will consider us bad Christians. Some will feel sorry for us. What God thinks, is all that matters.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 21, 2019
Happy Monday, and Good Afternoon

“Come Out Of Her”

Revelation 18:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

While I know that there are Christians in the Catholic Church, I honestly believe that God is calling Christians to leave the Catholic Church. Why? Simply because the new Pope is leaving Christianity and promoting Christislam. More and more the Pope is leaving Christianity behind, to be PC. Last year,he said that having a personal relationship with Christ is dangerous. Notice, he did not say it was impossible to have a relationship with Christ. Even the Pope knows the truth. Recently the Pope has said that God has given Mary the power to forgive sins. That is not Biblical. Last year the Pope said that the Muslims serve the same God as Christians. That is a lie from the devil. While he said that Muslims and atheists are going to Heaven, he said that you could not be a Christian, and not be under the umbrella of the Catholic Church.

The reason this Pope is taking these stands is to appease the Muslim Community. The Muslims love Mary but reject Jesus as God. I am not saying I know the future, but I can see the Catholic Church moving further and further away from Christ. Soon it will be the worship of Mary and Allah. Why is it important to leave the Catholic Church? The more you listen to lies the more you begin to accept them.

I feel the same about Churches who embrace sin. If your Pastor is preaching from the pulpit that God has changed and what was once sin is no longer sin, run from that Church. Again the more you hear a lie the more likely you are to accept the lie.

My friends we are in the last days. Let us not feed our souls with lies from the devil. We have come to far to turn back now. Let us pray that God will guard our hearts from false teaching and preaching. My friends we cannot ask God to guard our hearts then make a choice to sit under false teaching week after week.
Pray for your Catholic friends. Pray for those who have fallen into preaching and teaching that is contrary to the Bible.

This was hard to write. The devil fought me almost every sentence. We are too close to the return of Jesus to be embracing the lies of the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 20, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday,

When I Fail

Had a bad week, this last week, sleeping. To make sure I made it to Church I took a pill to sleep. Unfortunately, I was exhausted and over slept. I was so disgusted at myself for over sleeping. I thought of what Paul said:

Romans 7:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

We fail God many times. It is not that we set out to fail, but we do give into temptation, yet God is merciful and forgives us. The devil loves to jump on our failure and tries to convince us that God is giving up on us. We know if we feel convicted, then we know that God has not given up on us. As long as His Holy Spirit convicts us that God is still working on us. Let us not give up on God. He is our loving Father, our provider, our sustainer, our Lord and Savior of our souls. Bless His Holy Name.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 19, 2019

The wind is howling. If you add darkness and creepy music, we would be in a horror movie. Many places in the world, Christians are living in a horror movie. 29 Christians were burned alive for refusing to renounce their faith. Christians are being beheaded for their faith. We should be praying for persecuted Christians all over the world.

When pray for the soon return of Jesus we are also praying for the rescue of those in prison for their faith. Even in America we can see that the crowds are turning against Christians. It’s okay to be a Christian in Canada and America as long we embrace any sin that is popular. If not, we are radical Christians. The Pope says it is dangerous to have a personal relationship and Mary forgives sin. Soon even the Pope will say those who pray to Jesus are radicals.

We can see the changes in the world. This is the time we need to draw closer to Christ, study the Bible, and listen to good Bible teaching and preaching. We do not want to give into the world’s lies that we can get saved through Mary. Nor buy into the lies that God has changed His mind about what is sin. If we stay close to God, He will sustain us in these last days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 18, 2019

We Are Not Without Hope

Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

I listened to a Pastor on YTube yesterday talking about how evil is growing steadily in the world. Jesus told us these things would be this way in the last times. One reason is the world is reaping the evil that they have been sowing since abortion became legal. There is also another reason that the Lord God is allowing evil to abound. It is to wake up His children to His soon return. He is giving us the chance to stop coveting what the world has and instead begin longing with great anticipation for the soon return of Jesus.

The more we long for the return of Jesus, the more our eyes will be on Jesus. There is nothing this world has that is more precious than the return of Jesus for His Own. No person, leader or friend can be our complete hope. God is our true hope. We can call on Him to be with us in all circumstances. Our faith is secure in the hands of the Lord. He will never drop us and no one can snatch us out of the hands of God.

Romans 8:38-39 King James Version (KJV)
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Let us rejoice in our hope of Glory and live peacefully because we know our Redeemer and we know He is our hope.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 18, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Waiting

Waiting seems like wasted time. Whether it is waiting on a delivery or a repairman, it ties up our time. Fear that as soon as we start something the door bell will ring. It is different when waiting for God. We can use the time wisely. We can pray. We can seek to encourage others and we can study the Bible.

A deliver or repairman can get tied up in previous job, which makes them late. There is always a reason why God seems to us to be late. Maybe He is preparing our hearts for His answers. Maybe He is working behind the scenes putting everything in motion.

Are we willing to wait on God’s perfect timing? In our hearts, we know His way is best, His timing is also best. As we wait let us try to cease from begging for an answer and begin praising Him for an answer. Sometimes God says no. Sometimes He says not yet. Sometimes He says yes. When we completely trust God to know best, then we can accept His plans with peace in our hearts and minds.
Betty

https://youtu.be/gWqa8mxrdFs

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 16, 2019
Happy Wednesday and Good Afternoon

Crowded Spaces

We took the tree down yesterday. I already miss it, but the room is less crowded. The tree was in the corner of my side of the room, so my area was really crowded. It is almost like I can breathe better now, that I can see the window again.

Our lives can become so crowded by errands and jobs, that we have little time for our spiritual health. We can literally smother our spirituality under chores. God wants us to put Him first. When I worked I had to be at work at 6:30. I found to my surprise, when I got up early enough to pray and read the Bible, my day went better. It was not a long time with God, but putting Him first in my day that helped develop a better relationship with God.

The last year I have had a hard time making it to Church. Far too many nights that I do not sleep. When I do not sleep all night, I am afraid to drive . I am going to try something new this Saturday night. The reality is no matter what stage we are in our lives, the devil will try to weaken us spiritually. Even when we are physically or emotionally weak, we can still draw closer to God. I have been able to listen to good Bible preaching on YTube. I have a dear friend named, Scotty that preaches live several times a week. He is such a blessing to me.

If we seek God, He will reach out to us in miraculous, ways. Let us never give up. Hold on to God. He will sustain us no matter what stage of life we are in. With the help of the Lord even those like me who walk with a cane, can finish the race with honor.

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Let us pray that we finish our race in a way that God will be pleased. The Lord is so gracious to us, let us live our lives out of our love for Him, to bring honor to His Glory.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 15, 2019

I am overwhelmed today. We has a long day at the VA yesterday. The plan was to rest today, but we ended taking down the Christmas Tree. The big issues was finding a place for the tree and Christmas ornaments. So I am exhausted. Yet in my time of physical discomfort and physical pain, I feel a sweetness of the Holy Spirit. It is almost like God is giving me a big bear hug. I feel so blessed at the moment.

I am so grateful when God let’s me know that He sees my situation and is with me. May we never forget the mercies of God. May we be grateful children. My prayer is for every one who reads this to receive an extra dose of the love of our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 14, 2010
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday

In The Last Days

2 Peter 3:3-10 Modern English Version (MEV)
3 Know this first, that there shall come scoffers in the last days who walk after their own lusts, 4 and say, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things have continued as they were since the beginning of the creation.” 5 For they willingly ignore that, by the word of God the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed standing out of the water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed was flooded with water and perished. 7 But by the same word, the heavens and the earth that now exist are being reserved for fire, kept for the Day of Judgment and destruction of the ungodly.
8 But, beloved, do not be ignorant of this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness. But He is patient with us, because He does not want any to perish, but all to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat. The earth also and the works that are in it will be burned up.

My friends do not think we above the devil putting evil or discouraging thoughts in our heads. When I was getting dressed today, I was thinking about the return of Jesus and a thought went through my head, that made me feel ashamed. The devil reminding me of how many years I have been looking for the rapture and yet it has not happened. We can easily become discouraged. The devil reminding us how many years we have talked about and wanted so badly for the rapture and yet here we are still, waiting. The Bible warns us that there will be those who will scoff and even laugh about the thought of the rapture. People thinking and saying that the Church has been talking so many years about the return of Jesus and scoffing that we are still waiting for an event that has not happened. Saying aloud that if Jesus was coming surely, He would have come by now.

REMEMBER, God has been so patient with the world out of His love of mankind. Giving time for those to repent and accept salvation. Let us not mistake His patience for indifference nor His kindness for lack of attention. Jesus is coming for His Church. Do not turn from your hope in Christ. Do not grow weary in doing good. Do not give up. Keep our eyes on Jesus and our hands to the plow. He is coming. Do not let our hope of glory die. Instead rejoice for each day we have to work for the Kingdom of God and keep our eyes looking up. The rapture is going to happen, let us not lose our crown, giving to those who love the return of Jesus to discouragement from the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 12, 2019

I finished reading a novel last night that was about a group of people who left civilization to get away from evil. The leader became so obsessed with keeping the people under his control that under the guise of ‘religion’ he became more evil then the society they left behind. Do you remember what Jesus said about the soul that got rid of a demon and cleaned itself up only to have the demon return with even more demons? It is not enough to get rid of evil. We must allow God to fill our hearts with His Holy Spirit.

We must shun evil and we must embrace God and His ways. If you do a study of cults, you will find the leaders will get rid of all Bibles. The cult members are depraved of proper rest and food until they are so weak that they embrace the teaching of the leader. He or she become their God. The leader dictates the morals of the group. One of my favorite Pastor used to say: ‘verify everything I say with the Bible’. It does not matter how wonderful a person is, if they preach teaching that is contrary to the Bible, run from them.

Sadly, today many great teachers have left the truth of the Gospel to teach a different Gospel. Jesus came to die because of sin. He is now, not teaching a new Gospel that embraces sin. Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus say that He came to earth so that we could be wealthy. This new teaching that is politically correct, that embraces sin is a lie from the devil. Many crimes have been done under the banner of religion. This is the time for Christians to embrace the truth of the Gospel and flee the lies of the devil.

When we come close to God and embrace His teaching, we may not be popular, but neither was Jesus. What we will be, is at peace. When you reject lies from the devil and embrace the truth of God, you will be at peace. Let us not take pride in our relationship with God but be humble and pray for those who have gotten caught up in false teaching.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 11, 2018

Christian Journey Is Not A Solo Trip

Those of us who are lucky to have fur babies, know how they are capable of knowing when we do not feel our best. They will give us lots of kisses and get close to us in an attempt to comfort us. It is easy to draw into ourselves and hide our discomfort. We rationalized that no one wants to hear our woes. Besides, we feel like a failure as a Christian if we complain. We can even refuse to talk to God about our issues for fear that He will think we complain too much. So we muscle on and hide our discomfort behind a smile.

It is interesting to note that nowhere in the Bible does God tell His children to grin and bear it, to pretend everything is just peachy in our lives, or act like we have grown beyond pain and depression. While it is true that we do not want to be a person that complains all the time, there is nothing wrong for asking for prayer. God wants us to always realize that we can talk to Him about anything in our lives. If it is bothering us, it is a big enough problem to discuss with God.

We can even be so self sufficient that we do not even ask our mate to help us. My hubby gets aggravated at me for picking up something to heavy, rather then ask for help. It is not a weakness to know our limitation. Nor is it a weakness to seek God’s help. God has called us to walk with Him daily and not try to be super Christian on our own. Is there really such a thing as a super Christian? Are we not meant to be walking our life’s journey with guidance from the Holy Spirit, reliance on God, and encouragement from one another? Let us remember this is a journey with our Heavenly Father and not a solo trip.
Betty
Thank you Jesus for my bird visitors

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 10, 2019

Eyes Shut and Heads Hiding In The Sand

We can get so caught up in our own little space in the world that we do not see the evil growing like the old saying: “Fast as a bat out of hell”. On the Steven Colbert show with Oprah on the show, they reduced God to a cartoon that looked like Jim Carry high on drugs. God joking that He had to use His wife credit card to charge campaign material for Oprah to run for President. Joking that Jesus would be so impressed that God met Oprah. Turning the God of the universe in to a tasteless joke, while the live audience laughing like this was a hoot.

Christians should see this and our hearts should break. Comedians seem to have gone past any kind of decency in order to be funny. So sad that they do not see the dangerous line they have crossed in order to be funny. It is not just comedians who do not value their own souls. Politicians are willing to sale their own souls for positions of power. This world is spinning into hell fasting then a roller coaster high on drugs. Sadly, too many Christians are watching this and feel nothing. No sadness and no fear for those who are rushing into hell with no guilt and no sign of a conscious.

I do not know what is worse. People who no longer believe in God or people who have recreated God into a passive being with limited power who embraces the sins, this world holds dear, as the people do today. Those of us who believe the truth, should tremble at the sight of a world that is no longer avoiding sin but turning sin in to a shrine of honor.

My friends, I realize we cannot change the world but we should open our eyes and stop hiding from the truth. When we see how truly evil this world is we should run to God. Seek His protection for ourselves and our families that we do not allow ourselves to be overcome by evil. If we are not careful we can become comfortable with evil. We can even begin to laugh at jokes that should scorch our conscious. Pray that we be so sealed up with the truth of the Gospel and God’s Holy Word, so that we can recognize evil. Only God knows how much more evil this world will become, before the rapture. Stay so close to God that we can smell evil so that we are not be tempted to want to ever want to be apart of the evil that passes for comedy into days world. Take a stand for the truth. Refuse to compromise our faith. Better to be seen as fuddy-duddy then to embrace evil.
Betty

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 9, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

My son and daughter-in-law gave me a glass humming bird hanging from a string. I have it hanging from the window blind by my chair. It looks like the bird is in flight. Do you ever watch the birds and wonder where they just came from? What did they see on their flight? Do they look at us humans and feel sorry for us, that we are trapped to land by gravity? I find it fun to allow my mind to wander sometimes.

There are many things that we do not understand about our world. Many things bring pleasure and fun thoughts. What is not fun is the way the evil has grown in this world. The Lord Jesus warned us with His own words the evil that would be ramped up in the last days. Yet, actually living in these days is unsettling and painful. What we should not do is panic. God is with us. He walks through these days with us. We need not fear the days but completely trust in God. Keep our faith in our anchor, God’s Holy Word and our eyes on the Lighthouse, Jesus.

Satan will attempt to discourage us, but run to Jesus. Satan is a liar. He often mixes up just enough truth in His lies to confuse us. Test every Spirit with the Word of God. God will sustain us through these days. Pray that we do not lose heart, nor our faith in God, weaken.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 8, 2018

I had a busy day today getting the pre-op work done. Just checking in to let you know I am okay. Will let you know when I get a surgery date. God is good and I am still blessed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 7, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

At the end of a year, we often hear people say “I Hope next year is better, then this year”. When a person does not have a relationship with God, Hope accomplishes as much as wishing on the first star of the night. With the way the world is embracing the devil’s ways, there is little hope for a better year. We need not to hope or wish on the first star. When we are a child of God, we can trust Him to walk daily with us. He will not forsake us or leave us.

2018 was filled with evil and evil people who took pride in their evil ways. I shutter at the thought of what evil will fill the streets and airways, this year. Then I am reminded that I am not alone. God will walk through every day with me. He will sustain me and encourage me and keep me standing in these evil times.

The devil will seek to make us fearful. He will seek to shut us up. Today more then ever, the world needs the truth. Pray for lost souls. God may not always use us to reach those that are are the closest to us, pray always for our lost loved ones and friends. Pray for God to send someone into their lives that they will listen to.

James 5:16 King James Version (KJV)16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

When we grow weak, lean more on Jesus. God knows us better then anyone and He loves us with a perfect love. He sees our struggles. He knows our pain. The closer we walk with Jesus, the more we will be at peace. We can sing praises to God in the midst of our pain. We need not hope for a better year, but put our hope in trust in God so He will be with us through this year. Fear not, but trust in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 6, 2019
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

It has been a very long night. Very little sleep. Not trusting myself to drive this morning because of lack sleep. Friday I had the MRI and was so exhausted I slept. Last night I was in too much pain to sleep. I did jigsaw puzzles and a color by number app most of the night. I sang songs of encouragement in my head and found peace. When we offer up praise to God we are rewarded with encouragement and peace of mind. We are blessed when we praise God in the midst of our pain and stress. What a mighty God we served that He is concerned about us, when we are in distress!

We do not always get instant relief and after several hours I had to give up and take pain medication, but my faith in God was blessed by God giving me peace of mind. Never give up on God, for He never gives up on us. Sometimes we have long and lonely nights. There are even nights that we must do as King David did and encourage ourselves in the Lord. When we are willing to praise God like Paul and Silas, through the pain, we will be blessed by a hope that gets us through the night of despair into the light of a new day and a new morning.

Our hope is not in ourselves or others but a God who suffered more then we can imagine to reconcile Himself to sinful humans. Soon we will be with Jesus where there will be no long painful nights. Where we will live in new glorified bodies. Until then, my friends, pray that we can serve God with dignity and grace and that we bring no shame to Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 5, 2019

Is My Faith Strong Enough?

There is an old song that says “if I never had a problem, I would not know that He can solve them”. Trials often are test for our benefit. Teaching us that God is always with us. That through our faith in God we can sustain the fires of the devil. God has never promised us a life of ease. Remember Jesus said if people hate us then we are to remind ourselves that the world hated Jesus.

A friend of mine is under attack, physically. A Pastor and a watchman who shares his teaching on Facebook and YTube. God is using him in mighty ways and he is under attack from the devil. Yet he is continuing to work for God through his pain and discomfort. There are those who have this idea we can claim and grab it. That we can speak healing and be healed. Yes, yes I believe in healing. Sometimes God uses us through our illness instead of healing us. This said I believe in praying for healing. God is not a puppet that we demand what we want and get it. We pray for His will.

We should be determined to serve God in whatever circumstances we are in. Looking at our source and our comforter, our Heavenly Father, we walk through each day, trusting in God. Knowing at the end of God we are secure in the loving arms of God. As Christians, let us pray for one another and build each other up with promises from God’s Word. This life is temporary. One day we will be in a body that knows no pain and no sorrow. Until that day let us be willing to allow God to use us for His glory. Pray for my friend, Scotty. Thank you,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 4, 2019
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

“Settle Down”

When we heard these words as a kid, we knew we were in trouble. Whether we were wrestling with a sibling or just running and screaming through the house, we knew our parents wanted us to be quiet. Sometimes we need to tell ourselves to settle down. We can be worrying and imagining all kinds of things in our mind.

I am having an MRI today on my arm. My mind goes with the thought they will find nothing and it is all in my head. This thought doesn’t make sense because the Doctor felt the growth. Then my brain goes the opposite corner, fears that it could be serious. Then the sweet Holy Spirit reminds me gently to trust God. Whatever happens, God is with me. This MRI will tell the Doctor what to expect when he operates. “Settle down” I tell myself, relax my mind and trust in God.

There are many things going on in this world that should worry us if we are a people without hope. We do have hope. We have a relationship with the One who spoke the universe in to existence. When fear comes let us settle into the arms of God and trust in Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 3, 2019
Happy Thursday and Good Afternoon

Satan Knows Us

Satan and his demons knows us very well. They know which buttons to push to cause us to sin. We, also need to know our own weaknesses. If we become easily rattled when we do not have enough rest, we try to get more rest. There will be times that we are not able to get enough rest. This is when seek the face of God and ask Him to surround us with His love and protection. When we do lose our temper, we apologize to those around us and seek forgiveness from God.

Satan and his demons also knows our fears. We can defeat Satan by putting our complete trust in God and His abilities. We remind ourselves of the many times that God has protected us in the past. We read of the many miracles that God performed in the past and remember God has not lost any of His powers. We need not fear losing our salvation. The same God who saved us is able to keep us. When we do sin, we seek forgiveness.

While it is true Satan and his goons knows us, God has known us before we were even born. We need to seek to know God more. We do this by talking to God in prayer and by studying His Word. The more we seek God, the less we will be tempted to listen to the lies of Satan. Pray throughout the day for yourself and your families, our Military, first responders, Missionaries, persecuted Christians, and lost souls. As we can see, we have a lot to talk to God about.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 2, 2018

“You Are My Hiding Place”

Since I got in the 60’s age bracket, I find myself easily rattled. It does not take a big issue but several problems in a row, confuses me. I forgot how to use my Christmas coffee pot. My Doctor’s phone is not ringing and suddenly I am confused about what I am supposed to be doing. After struggling mentally, I stoped and talked to God. God gives us peace when our minds are befuddled.
We can rest in His presence and when we do, He helps us remember. Now, I am relaxed and drinking my coffee. God understands our issues even when others cannot understand us.

The Lord wants us to come to Him for help. Nothing is too small or too big for God. It is raining here and yet the shrubs are filled with tiny birds. My heart is pleased when I watch the birds. God knows our hearts. He knows what pleases us. Do we talk to God every day? Of course God wants to hear our request, but do we talk to God, offering unto Him, our praises? Do we express our thankfulness for each new day? It is easy to become busy but we are so blessed when we talk to God through the day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 1, 2019
Happy New Year and Good Afternoon,

New Beginnings

Today is the day that many make New Years Resolutions that by April have been laid aside. Changing our habits is a hard task. Making promises to our selves is easy but keeping the promises is hard. While we all want to live more healthy, the most important quest is to, with God’s help, grow spiritually. We have so much to gain, when we spend more time with God.

Last year is over. Do not bring bitterness from last year into this year. Forgive yourself and others. Begin this year with a clean slate. We cannot change the past. Let us work on the present. Begin each day with prayer. Praising God for another day and seeking God’s help for each day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 31, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy New Years’ Eve

Celebrating The End To 2018

Tonight we celebrate the ending of 2018. There will be parties and celebrations. Hubby and this old lady will celebrate by making fudge in our pj’s. As you can see we are apart of the wild gang. Seriously, as this year comes to an end, let us take time for reflection. If you are like hubby and I, you put on a couple of pounds. That’s okay, tomorrow brings a new year.

What is important is, have we grown spiritually this year? Have we grown in patience and grace? Is our light for Jesus, shinning brighter then it was in 2017?
Does the joy of the Lord shine through us? Seek forgiveness of our sins and ask the Holy Spirit to teach us how to live in a way that is pleasing to God. Be thankful for the many blessings that God has bestowed on us. As I look out at the many tiny birds in the shrub, patiently waiting there time at the feeders, I am reminded of my need to be more patient. May God help us to treat each other tenderly and with loving kindness.

Of course we look forward to the soon coming rapture, but let us be working for Christ, until the trumpet calls us home. When we are in pain, pray for others that are in pain. When we are experiencing stress, pray for others that are experiencing stress. Praying for one another, will build up our own faith in Hod.
Betty

https://youtu.be/SDo8ZKC1GW8

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 30, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I am sick with a cold and chest infection. I have to get well because I have surgery on my wrist and arm coming up. When we have physical problems, our bodies let us know through pain, feelings of weakness, and tiredness. When we have spiritual problems, the symptoms are more subtle. We lose our temper. We treat others more briskly. We become critical of others.

The best way to stay out of trouble physically is to get more rest at the first sign of trouble. The best way to deal with spiritual problems is to ask God to search our hearts daily, and daily pray for forgiveness for sins we know about and also those hidden, and read the Bible daily. God will help us if we seek His face. Praying for others, boosts our faith and teaches us compassion. Never take pleasure in another’s failures.

Let us enter into the New Year, with hope. It does not matter how evil the world has become, God is still above all and still Holy. It looks like Satan is winning and for a time, God will allow it to look like that is so. In the end the devil will be thrown into the lake of fire. Keep your eyes and trust on the Lord Almighty. He is coming soon to retrieve from this evil world, His Own.
Betty

https://youtu.be/7DG052rsP3Y

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 29, 2018

Life Is A Journey

We start out in life as a innocent baby. Each day is a journey of discovery and we grow physically and emotionally. Along the way we learn bad habits and good habits. The same with our Christian journey. We do not start out as a wise and a super Christian. Our journey takes us down in to the valleys of despair and up on the top of glorious mountains. Each day giving us a chance to grow in grace and stronger spiritually. Even our failures teach us how to fall and get back up. A chance to learn how to fail with our faith in God strong and to act in dignity. Of course there will be times that our temper wins. When our dignity goes out the door and words spurt out of our mouth that shocks us, then we are at the point that we need to humble ourselves before God and seek forgiveness. Learning humility puts to death, pride. Pride can cause many falls until we are willing to put self pride under the blood of Jesus. As Paul said, if there be any pride in us, let it be pride in our marvelous Savior.

What is our motivation for get up each day? Are we seeking to serve our Heavenly Father? Has each day become another day that we hope to limp through? Yes, my friend many of us are physically and emotionally tired. This is not the time to quit. This is the time to draw close to God. To pray that the Holy Spirit will fill us a new fire for Jesus. Pray for physical and spiritual strength so that we can finish our journey well. Pray that we bring no shame to Jesus but that we live in a way that will please God. Remember to press on toward the prize that awaits us. Our journey will soon end and we will be at peace with Jesus. Hold on to our faith looking forward to the end of our journey.
Betty

https://youtu.be/s4l2yY2r95g

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 28, 2018

Do We Live In Fear Or In The Power Of God?

1 Peter 1:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Our salvation is secure in the power of God. So, why is it we often feel we are going to barely make into Heaven, if we try real hard? There is no scripture that says we will go to Heaven if we are good enough or work hard enough. There is only one Heaven. There is no lesser Heaven for those who get in by the skin of our teeth. Entrance is not based on our works or our goodness. It is based on the blood of Jesus. Are we guilty of cheapening the blood by thinking that we or someone else is so bad, that even with the blood of Christ, we barely made into the gates of Heaven.

Our salvation is secure in the hands of God. When we add works as a requirement, then we are saying that the blood of Christ is not enough for salvation. If works could save, then why did Jesus have to die for our sins?
Sadly, just as there were in the days of Paul, there are those who want to add keeping the law into the requirements of salvation. What happens when we add requirements to the gift of salvation? You are saying that the blood of Jesus was not enough. Many times those who add keeping the law to requirements of salvation, the sin of pride creeps in. This is when you have those who think you are going to hell if you celebrate the birth of Christ and Easter. This leads to. Christians thinking that they are loved more for by God because of the ceremonies they keep that were for the Jews.

The law was given unto the Jews to keep them saved until Jesus died for the sins of the world. Remember when Jesus died, the curtain to the most Holy place was ripped from the top to the bottom. No longer was keeping the law of God required for salvation. Now we go the most Holy Place when we pray to Jesus. He is the Author of our salvation.

Hebrews 5:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

We obey God not by keeping the law but no longer sinning. When we do sin we pray for forgiveness.

1 John 2:1 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Let us refrain from adding the law to salvation. Jesus’ precious blood was and is enough to save our soul.
Betty
Blessed to have at least 25 birds today in the shrubs takin turns eating.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 27, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I was blessed to spend quality time with family. Time for talking and sharing of ourselves. It was a blessed reunion but even so, we look with great anticipation to the reunion we will all have in Heaven. With family and friends that have gone on before us. Of course the biggest blessing will be when we see Jesus.

This is the time we start making plans for what our New Years Resolutions.
This year let us put spending more quality time with God at the top of our list.
Prayers of worship and praise to our Heavenly Father.

Get some rest if you can. Take time for God and a little me time so you can be refreshed physically and mentally. God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 25, 2018
Merry Christmas and Good Morning,

The Gift That Gives Us Heaven

Luke 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we celebrate by giving one another gifts. We spend time trying to pick just the right thing someone we love, will like. We do this in memory of One who gave the greatest gift of all; Himself. Jesus gave His life a ransom for our sins. When we are willing to humble ourselves and accept this gift, we not only have the prize ticket into Heaven, but God, Himself in the form of the Holy Spirit comes to live in our hearts.

I was blessed to invite Jesus into my heart at the age of 7. I cannot remember a time when God was not with me. A praying mom taught me that I could tell Jesus anything and everything. No prayer request was too big or too small. God is my daily companion. In my darkest hour, He kept me going. He gave me the courage to keep going, when Satan cried out for me to quit.

As the old hymn says: “What wondrous love!” When we act ugly, people turn away, but God is with us to pickup the pieces of our life. When things seem hopeless, God gives us hope. In good times, God rejoices with us. Oh, that the Name of Jesus would forever be a song of praise upon our lips. One day soon we will sing our praises to God in person. For now, let us worship Him in Spirit and Truth.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement