Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 22)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

John 14:27King James Version (KJV)27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

This morning I woke up at 4:30 with Chrons issues. I was not able to go back to sleep till almost 9 . Usually when this happens I am upset and embarrassed but, this morning there was a peaceful calm in my spirit. Instead of asking God why, I felt a peace acceptance that I know came from God. God never said we would go through this life with out problems and health issues. Yet, when we trust Him, He is with us all the way. God wants us to lean on Him ever day for understanding and guidance. When we have a pattern of trusting God every day, we will not be overcome nor threaten by our circumstances even those that wake us from sleep. This is a good reason among many to have an active prayer and Bible study in our lives. There are somethings we will not understand until we reach Heaven. Some questions we have, will have to be left in God's hands until the time is right for our answers to be given. Trusting God in all things is what God desires for us and will allow us to suffer through what is required of us in peace. Everyone of us have our cross to carry. May we carry our cross with dignity, peace, and joy!
Betty
Raining today. I dreamed of birds last night.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Version (KJV)

15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

When get out of bed in the morning, we have no idea what we will face. Sometimes we wake up to find our pets had an accident in the night. Maybe we wake up to find our mate is in a bad mood for something we forgot to do or maybe they just dreamed we did something, We cannot program our morning to be peaceful and calm, but we can wake up knowing that Jesus is with us. Whatever we face we can know that we can find peace in God. Changing our circumstances is not always obtainable but asking God to give us a better attitude is completely obtainable. When we open our heart and mind to God, we can find grace and joy. This is why we pray for the joy of the Lord. The joy of the Lord is not based on what is around us. It is not fake happiness in the middle of trials and tribulations but a calm joy that fills our hearts and let's us know God is in control. When we reach out to God in the morning and through out the day we can relax in His presences throughout whatever our day brings.
Betty
Praise God the chicken is back. We now know the pack of wild dogs did not kill her. I believe the dog catcher got the dogs.

Isaiah 61:10 will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe ofrighteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Proverbs 16:9King James Version (KJV)9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Seeking God's will is hard and we often second guess ourselves, wondering if we walked out of God's will. One way to know God's will is to know Him. If you have been with your mate many years, you know their likes and dislikes. If someone was to invite me and my hubby to a cheese festival, I would know that would not be fun for my hubby because he doesn't like cheese. We are suppose to be reading God's Holy Word and praying often enough that we know His will. Of course there will be times in circumstances that we do not know. This is when we pray that God directs our way. If we are seeking God's will and honestly pray to be guided then I believe God will show us His will. If in faith and trust we do take the wrong path, God will be with us and work out the kinks in our path. As Christians we spend too much time trembling and fearful of making decisions. We need to trust God to show us the way. We cannot stand and refuse to move and still make progress.

Psalm 32:8King James Version (KJV)8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

God wants to teach us His ways so that we know His heart and we know what is pleasing to Him. Just as you learn what your mate likes and does not like, we need to spend so much time with God that we know what is important to Him. Remember God's Will, will never lead you into sin. We can never take part in sin to win someone for Christ. God is not calling His children to roll around in sin to reach the lost. Our hands should reach out to sinners to pull them out of sin, but never enter in sin with them. That is why God warns people not to be married to a sinner. Though there are times through your walk they will become saved, too often the sinner causes the Christian to stray from God and enter into sin, themselves.
We can seek God's will and we can find it. May God be with you today and guide your path.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Psalm 86:7King James Version (KJV)In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

It was not until I developed Chrons disease and Collageous Colitis that I realized how much I needed God, daily. A simple trip to the grocery store, needed prayer that I could make it there and home without getting sick. Prayers that I could make it through a Church service and back home became my normal. As human beings rushing to get started in the morning with what seems a million things to think about, prayer is often a quick pray of protection for on the road. Sometimes God has to put a thorn in our lives to make us treat God more than a holy roadside service. God watches over us all the time but we do not see it. We need to recognize His tender care and be more appreciative. We need God all the time. It is important that we are aware of this need and thankful that our Heavenly Father meets it. We are made complete in God and when we try to make it on our own we are prone to make mistakes and lose our way.
The world looks at being needy as weakness but remember God makes us strong through our neediness.
The world wants to be a self made man and woman and God says allow me to make you better then you ever thought possible. Leaning on God is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign that you are strong enough in your faith to admit your need of God. A self made man and woman with no need of God will spend eternity wishing that they had accepted a relationship with God. Everyone needs God. Let us acknowledge our need now and not in eternity, when it is too late.
Betty
Put our food and water this morning for the birds and squirrels. Praying that the chicken is alive and not killed by the wild dogs. Have a great and thankful day!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

1Thess 5:18. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

We often miss read that verse and think that we should be thankful for all circumstances, instead of in all circumstances. For years I could not wrap my head around how we are supposed to be thankful for having a disease that there is no cure, a car wreck, or losing a family member to death. Wondering how God could expect us to be thankful for a circumstances that causes me pain and misery. It is easy to get confused about something we are taught but we haven't actually wrapped our head around the teaching. God is not asking us to thank Him for circumstances in our lives that turn our lives upside down and changes the way we live. He wants us to have a spirit of thanksgiving in-spite of what we are dealing with. If we have an attitude of why me or go around with our heads hanging down like a blood hound, just waiting to snap someone's head off for saying the wrong thing; no one will want to be around us. The only testimony for Christ we will have is warning people that they do not want what we have. I am not saying go around pretending that you are happy and all is well in your life. That will just make you a fake person. Instead, look for areas to be thankful for. Did you sleep in a bed last night? Some people are sleeping on a dirt floor. Did you have supper last night? Some people went to bed hungry. Did you wake up with your mate beside you?For some people there mate has passed on.
There are many things in our lives that we can be thankful for. The devil wants us to dwell on what we do not have and not what we have. A spirit of thanksgiving is not only God's entitlement, but this kind of attitude is good for souls and our health. Bitterness and self pity is bad for your health and your mental health. We cannot choose our circumstances but we can choose our attitude.
Betty
A long day yesterday at the VA. The good news is hubby is no worse. The Cardiologist is putting hubby on a pill to help with his shortness of breath. The blockage is in to dangerous of a spot to operate safely. Pretty day outside and the birds are singing.

Psalm 26: That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving And declare all Your wonders.
Psalm 107:22 Let them also offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, And tell of His works with joyful singing.
Psalm 116:17 To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving, And call upon the name of the LORD.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

2 Cor 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight

This morning I drive and hour and half to the Houston VA for hubby to see the Cardiologist and have a Cath-scan of his liver. Last night I could not sleep. Worrying about what we will find out today and trying to get God's will on where we should move. I told God that I wish I could call Him on the phone and have Him assure me that today we would hear good news and to tell me where we should move to. Of course there is no phone to Heaven. God wants us to walk by faith. The reality is walking by faith is not easy. Not knowing is hard. We have to remind ourselves that God already knows the future and we can trust Him to have our best interest in mind. We must grow our faith in God and we grow our faith by reading His Word. We remind ourselves that our hope and our future is in the safe hands of God.
Let us not grow weary and fearful but trust God.
Betty
The birds and squirrels I feed, benefit from me taking the time and effort to put out food for them. They do not worry that I may forget, for their Heavenly Father will provide even if I do not. The birds and squirrels trust God and so can we.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Psalm 27:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Christians are not immune to discouragement. Discouragement can be like a stone carried around your neck. With me it health related. After trying ten kinds of medication and almost 2 years of treatment I am still not in remission with the Chrons and Colotis. I wake up hurting and go to bed hurting and then deal with urgent bathroom trips in-between. I am not saying this to seek pity but to explain that I understand discouragement. We all deal with discouragement. Sometimes it seems like your boss is blind to all the extra work you do. Your mate can take for granted all the things you do to make his or her life better. Pastors can become discouraged when he feels like the Church is taking him for granted. Discouragement can attack every worker in the Church. Moms can be discouraged when they work so hard and hubby and the children do not appreciate them. We all can be discouraged. The question is what are we doing to do with our discouragement. We can feed discouraged until it becomes bitterness and can lead to lost of faith in God and in people. The worse thing we can do is deny that we are discouraged. The first thing we should do is take it to God and be honest. Ask God to help us and to encourage us. The reality is, your boss may never appreciate you, people may never see the work you do behind the scenes. My father was a hard worker and the one who was called in the middle of the night if something went wrong at the Church. Few knew the amount of work he did behind the scenes. I never heard him complain that he was taken for granted. When he passed away people expressed how much that they missed calling him to fix something.

Galatians 6:9King James Version (KJV)9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Our Heavenly Father knew we would be tempted in to growing weary and discouraged. That is why He warns us in Galatians. Everything we deal with on earth will be worth it in Heaven. Let us seek God for strength so we do not become weary. Get proper rest so your body doesn't fail you when you are working for God and remind yourself, the time you are in now will not last forever. We will reap our rewards, if we faint, not. Ask someone to pray for you when you are in the valley of discouragement. There is no shame in seeking help from a Christian brother or sister. God is always with us and we can cry out to Him anytime. It is in our weaknesses, that we are made strong.

2 Cor 12:9 King James Bible And he said unto me, My grace is Lord is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Today, if you are discouraged, remember you are not alone. Not only are some of your brothers and sisters in the Lord with you, more important, God is waiting for you to go to Him and seek His help.
Betty
The yard is a muddy mess but I walked carefully through the mud to feed the birds and squirrels. How much more God is willing to walk in the middle of our unpleasant valleys to comfort and be with us?

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

There has seemed to be a lot of deaths of celebrities this year.
When they die we as Christians and non Christians say: "Rest in peace"
It is wonderful to think that everyone who dies is resting in peace, but the Bible makes it clear that is not the case. If we have rejected Jesus as our Savior, there is no resting peace. Non Christians often say God will never send people to hell. It is true that hell was made for Satan and his angels, but it is also a future home for those who rejected Jesus. I have had people tell me they refuse to serve a God that will send a person to hell. The reality is every person has a choice. You can choose to go to Heaven or hell. If you board a plane for Paris, Texas, thinking you are going to Paris, France, you are not going to get to France on that trip. Jesus died to give us a ticket to Heaven. If we reject Him, we reject Heaven. It is that simple. We can choose to go to Heaven or hell. Once a person has died their ticket has been bought and it is too late to change your mind. Your friends and loved ones cannot pray you into Heaven. Every person has to decide for themselves while they are alive. All you can do for the dead is pray for comfort for their families and that they will accept Jesus as their Savior and Lord. RIP does not exist. Either you have accepted Jesus and you are in His wonderful presence when you die or you are tormented in hades.

Luke 16:
The Rich Man and Lazarus

19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30“ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

We cannot change the fate of the dead or even comfort them, but we can pray for those who have not accepted Jesus who are still alive. This life is fleeting and eternity is forever. Let us as Christians store up our treasure in Heaven and live in a way that is pleasing to God.

Betty

This morning when I went outside to feed the birds and squirrels, a critter had gotten in my bird food holder and had made a big mess. My first reaction was ,darn it. I reminded myself that things happen and not to allow it to ruin my day. We need to do that sometimes, remind ourselves what is important.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 139:1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

Only God knows how many thoughts, cross our mind in a day. Good thoughts and bad thoughts run across our minds like ants on a hill. We do not always have complete control of our thoughts. Yet, we can choose to dwell on thoughts or send them fleeing out of our heads. What does God say about thoughts?
Proverbs 4:23 New American Standard Bible
Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.

We can not prevent thoughts but we can choose not to dwell on them. Sometimes thoughts are judging people we do not even know. We see a parent in the store in one single moment of a day and we judge their parenting skills. We do not know if they are a bad parent or if they are a good parent who is exhausted and in pain and we judge them on one moment in 24 hours. What we should do in this moment is pray for them and their children. If there is opportunity we can speak to the mom not to chastise her but to say a word of encouragement to her. Speak to the child and ask how she or he is doing. Of course there are times when the tension is high and the last thing the parent wants to hear is our voice. Then we just pray that God will work in that family and bring peace.
Often the devil will bring thoughts against us. Telling us that we have no value and we are worthless. Remind the devil and yourself that Jesus died for you and adopted you as His child.
Sometimes the devil will bring thoughts of lust, envy, or jealousy into our minds. We do not have to allow these thoughts to take root in our minds but reject these thoughts and seek God's help. The devil likes to remind us that another Christian has a better house or car then we do. We can remind ourselves that God has provided our needs and we like Paul can choose to be content in our present circumstances. After all this life is fleeting and will one day pass away.
There are many ways the devil likes to get into our heads but we can reject his evil ways and dwell on the goodness of Jesus. The best way to guard our thoughts is to have a prayerful and thankful hearts. Remember every one has problems and no one has it completely together. Be content and grateful and pray for yourself and those around you. Look for opportunities to pray for strangers. If given the opportunity speak kindness and peace to others.
Betty
A couple of squirrels this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1John 4:18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

This morning when I took bird seed out to the front yard, I came upon the chicken. She ran as fast as her little legs could go to get across the street. Her fear kept her from realizing that I am the one who feeds her. We can be like that too. We can allow fear to make us flee from God instead of running to Him for protection. Like the chicken we forget that God wants to protect us and to embrace us in His love. Sometimes it is sin in our lives that caused us to flee. When Adam and Eve sinned their response was to hide from God, to lie to God and to make excuses. We do the same thing. Running from God is never the answer. We should run to God and ask Him to make us right again. Other times fear comes from having our eyes on things around us instead of on God. Watching the news we can find many things going that can fill our hearts with fear. We are not to hide our heads in the dirt. We have to be informed Christians, but we should also be spending time in God's Word so we know God has and will overcome the evil in this world. God is not calling us to build a bunker and hide in it, at least I know no Christian that has been told to do so. Jesus said that He was not asking God to remove His children from the world but to substain them. This said, there will come a day that the trumpet will blow and God's children will meet Jesus in the air. Until that time we have to live in this world but not be in this world. In other words do no embrace the world's philosophy of what is good and what is evil. Do not accept sin as a lifestyle. Do not compromise your faith in order to hold hands with the world. Stand firm in your faith and reject sin. You cannot hold hands with the world and God. A two minded person is a fool. You are either all in with the ways of God or you have exchanged your relationship with God for one with the world. Look around my dear friends, there is nothing this world stand for that is worth missing Heaven for. We cannot compromise our faith in God to get along with the world. When we do that we are sinning against our Savior and Lord.
I like a lot of us, want to make everyone happy. I like being a people pleaser. I have to decide if I want to be pleasing to God or people, and so do you. May God give us the strength and fortitude to stand up for God and His ways and allow the chips to fall where they may. We must decide if we are going to follow God and His ways or are we going to follow the world and its ways. We cannot serve two masters. We must choose for ourselves. The day is coming soon when we as Christians will have to take a stand. There will be no more flying under the radar. We will either stand firm for the cause of Christ or we will give in to the the ways of the world. When the trumpet sounds, do we want to be left behind? I pray not! Let us as Christians pray for strength and the grace to stand up firm for God and His ways. Let us no longer be Christians that hide our faith and live under the radar. Start speaking the truth now so that when you are forced to choose you can say with a firm voice that you believe God's Word and what God says is sin, is sin. We can no longer be timid about faith. If we feel we do not have what it takes to stand firm under persecution, then let us start praying for God to fill us to over flowing with His Holy Spirit. May we be able to say with a firm yes, that we are not ashamed to say we are children of God. Remember that Jesus said those who are ashamed or Him on earth, Jesus will be ashamed of him when he faces God.

Mark 8:38. If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when He returns in the glory of His Father with His holy angels.

God forbid that His children abandon their faith to please mankind out of fear. Jesus says fear not those who can take your life but fear those who can take your soul. Do not willingly hand your soul over to the devil in the name of being political correct or out of fear. God will be with us even in death if we stand firm in our faith in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Have you ever tried to do something for God, and all your efforts seemed to be for not. Sometimes, we have to step back and regroup. Maybe God wants to take us in a different direction. Maybe God wants us to get a refilling of His Holy Spirit so we are not running on empty. We can allow His leading to make us question our Ministry. We can begin to doubt ourselves. When the reality is God has a different purpose and He has not abandoned us. When God says wait, there is a good reason for that. Just as highways sometimes have signs that detour us for safety sake, God sometimes detours us often for our spiritual good. Detours are not mean to scare us. God's guidance and protection will be with us through straight travel and detours. What is the best cause of action on our part? We stop and prayer. We seek to find out what God is teaching us and we allow Him to walk us through detours, knowing His way is always the best way. Willing and obedient children of God are willing to go God's way, even when we do not know where the trip will take us. When we travel with faith in God we can accept detours with grace. God does not hand out maps that show us where we will be tomorrow or next year. Truth is if we knew in advance about the struggles and battles in advance it could steal our joy from today. Yet, we can walk with Jesus each day knowing whatever detour or battles may come our way, we are secure in Jesus. Remember Paul says that whether we live or die, God is with us. God will never fail us nor forsake us. Plant your anchor in the solid rock of Jesus and you need not be fearful.

Hebrews 6:18 There are these two things, then, that cannot change and about which God cannot lie. So we who have found safety with him are greatly encouraged to hold firmly to the hope placed before us. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for our lives. It is safe and sure, and goes through the curtain of the heavenly temple into the inner sanctuary.
Betty

Squirrels are in the feeders and doves and a red bird on the ground. Yard did get flooded yesterday but the water went down. The ground is so saturated, that is like walking on a wet sponge.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 92
A psalm. A song for the Sabbath day.

92 :1It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, Most High;
2 to proclaim your loyal love in the morning,
your faithfulness at nighttime
Common English Bible (CEB)
Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible

Hosea 6:3. Let's know, let’s press on to know the Lord; whose appearing is as certain as the dawn; who will come to us like the showers, like the spring rains that give drink to the earth.”

I was pleased to see the chicken this morning. I put food out for her, the squirrels, and the birds. As I did my chores I was reminded of the greatness of the God we serve. As the song says: "What a mighty God we serve!" Too often we get caught up in the mundane chores of living and we begin to take for granted the many blessings, God bestows on us. Yet, God is always faithful to His children. We will have problems. Everyone has problems, but we do not have to walk through our problems alone. As we begin each day we can ask God to guide us and to walk besides us. Today let us make a special effort to be grateful and appreciative children of God. It is our privilege to praise and honor God. Have a blessed day.
Betty

Please pray for those in the Houston area. The Brazos River is its highest level in a century. Flooding is expected and people will have to drive home. Pray for the safety of the people on the road and in their homes.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 63:7-8Good News Translation (GNT)

7 because you have always been my help.
In the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
8 I cling to you,
and your hand keeps me safe.

Yesterday and last night was a bad time for me because of pain. The pain medication the Doctor gives me keeps me awake. So when the pain lessened I was wide awake at 4a.m.As I laid in bed, I sang songs of praise to God and prayed in my head so I wouldn't wake hubby. All of us have had sleepless nights and we can use them to praise God and pray for our lost loved ones.
God has never promised His children a life that is free from sickness and pain. We can take heart that God is with us even in the middle of the night. Sometimes it is in the early morning hours that we feel closer to God. We can turn over our needs and concerns to God and He will fill our hearts with peace.
As I walked around outside feeding the birds and squirrels, I asked God to guide me in what to say this morning. I thought of last night and how even through the pain and inability to sleep, I could feel the presence of God with me. As the verse says above; we can sing in the shadow of God's wings. We are sheltered in His love.
Let us not fear the world around us but remind ourselves that we have a hiding place in God our Father. Please pray for Houston and all the surrounding areas. We have more rain coming this week and people are still cleaning up from last week.
Betty
Several squirrels and a red bird this morning. I did not see the chicken yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day,

May we remember today is more than a day for barbecue and remember with respect and honor those who did not come back from battle. May we pray for the families of these men and women that God will give them extra comfort and peace today.

Today as I did my outside chores I was pleased to smell the sweet fragrance of flowers in the air. Pleasant smells can bring up happy memories like when you smell your loved ones favorite flower, perfume, and even desserts. Losing a loved one takes time to heal but there comes a time that memories are more happy than painful. Memories are a special gift from God that allows a part of our deceased loved ones to be with us.

Memories can also be the devil's playground. He loves to bring up our past failures and sin. If we let him, he can't mess with our minds and get us to doubt our very salvation. We need to remind ourselves that when we accepted Jesus as our Savior our sins our covered with the very blood Jesus shed on the cross for us. When our Heavenly Father looks at us, He does not see our past, but the precious blood of Jesus. We really do not understand what an honor Jesus has bestowed on us, by living and dying for our sins. Let us not take our salvation for granted. Our salvation was bought with a precious price and may we thank Jesus often for His gift to us. Let us not only be grateful but withstand from sin because we love God.

As children of God, we have so many blessings. We should remind ourselves that we should be grateful and respectful of them. I hope you have a good day and get to enjoy some time with family and friends. Seek forgiveness of our sins and give God praise. Pray for those who are serving in a foreign Country and their families that are missing them.
Pray for our Country. Pray for your lost loved ones. May God bless you,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I went to Church, but it was cancelled because the bridge is washed out where the Pastor lives. A few of us prayed and left. Praying is something we take for granted. We pray before meals, before go to sleep, and when we have needs. Yet we underestimate the power of prayer. If you were to talk to the President on the phone, you would be telling everyone. Yet we do not realize the significance of talking to the very God that spoke the universe into existence. Yes we are blessed that God calls His friend and what a blessing that is! Yet, sometimes we forget the greatness of God and His holiness. As much as we love God we should honor Him as well. God is not a man, He is our Creator, our Healer, our Savior, and our Heavenly Father. Not only is He worthy of our love, He is worthy of our respect. May we always honor Him with our praises and remember that we serve a living God, greater than all things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

James 1:5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all menliberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

There is never been a time in History, when mankind needed wisdom from God, so badly. We have Preachers who have moved away from the truth of God and is teaching false Gospel and have restrained themselves from preaching the hard stuff that the children of God need to know. Not only have government leaders legalized sin, but sadly many Churches are not only condoning sin but have Pastors in the pulpit who are living in a sinful lifestyle. Young and baby Christians are being influenced by people in the pulpit and in the world to believe that God has changed His mind about sin.
More then ever Christians, whether baby or seasoned Christians, need to be absorbing the Word of God, for themselves and not just taking the word of Pastors on Sunday morning. God has not changed His mind on sin. When you hear a Pastor or teacher said that God came to him and told him that God has changed His mind about sin. Run don't walk away from this person. God is not fallible, that He needs the world to teach Him what is sin and what is not sin. This is something that you don't need to pray about God said that He never changes. What was sin in the Apostles day, is sin today. God will never be politically correct as far as the world's standards.
The Bible makes it clear that the unsaved cannot understand the things of God.

1 Corinthians Chapter 2
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Pray for God to give you wisdom, so that you are not led astray by the world's standards and those who teach it. We need to be strong in our faith and in the Holy Word of God so that we can recognize when someone is teaching compromised Gospel or when world leaders are telling us that we need to compromise our beliefs. We need to be prepared because the truth of God is beginning to be considered hate speech in today's world. The lies of the devil so sweet and kind but they will only lead you to hell. What seems kind and accepting by the world's standard are sending millions to hell. Yes they can live comfortably in their sin for now, but eternity in hell awaits them. Woe to the Pastors and Teachers who have compromised their preaching and teaching to please the masses. As children of God let us come out of that kind of preaching and teaching and insist on being led by those who are not afraid to speak the truth of the Bible. Seek the wisdom of God my friend and not the ways of the world.
Betty
Woke up feeling weak in my body but blessed to have squirrels and birds eating in my yard. These are my little diamonds of joy that God brings me every day. I pray that He will bring diamonds of joy to your life today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Sometimes as children of a God we need to remind ourselves of our future, our future in Heaven.
We can get caught up in life so that all we can see is the present. We can get so caught up in the world's affairs, that we become discouraged. The election that is coming up in November is enough to give us sleepless nights. We have seen what an ungodly President has done to America and the thought of 8 more years with another President who is ungodly, is enough for us to have to take stomach and nerve medication. We need to remind ourselves that our hope is not in any political party. Our hope is in God our Father. I believe no matter who wins it is not going to end well for America. The blood of innocent babies torn from the womb by doctors who care more about money then lives is calling out to God for vengeance. We have a political party who is running on the promise to make abortion even more accessible then ever. America is set to be judged by God. We need as Christians be ready to accept that and be secure enough in God that our faith will not waver, no matter who wins the office of President.
Our future is not in America. Our future is in Heaven. Our life here is temporary but our future is for ever with God. Of course we should vote after praying for God's will, but we should be prayerfully prepared for the person who gets into office to act ungodly and be a judgment allowed by God. America is going to be judged and she will fail the righteous test by God. She is already making sin legal and this pattern will continue. Look around the world and you will see Country after Country, not only making sin legal but seeking to silence those who speak the truth. In many Countries saying homosexuality is a sin is illegal. Now it is dangerous to say that tansgenders are against the will of God. The world is setting up to give power to the Antichrist. The Bible is being played out before our eyes as the Prophecy of the end times is coming to pass. Jesus tells the Church what to:
Luke 21:28. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth neigh.

There is nothing about hiding or trembling in fear but look up for Jesus will be coming soon. We live in fearful time but our future is not depending on what politics does or not do. Remind your trembling heart that we are in the hands of God and soon, Praise God, we will be in His very presence. Press on towards the prize my friend. Heaven will be worth it all!
Betty
A few squirrels and a couple of birds. Unfortunately it is raining again. We were blessed to be home last night because there were those out here who could not get through the floods streets to get home. The current rain dose present more problems. So pray for those folks here and in Houston area.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Have you ever stepped back from a conversation and realized that you had your need to be right cause you to be flippant or even angry in your conversation? We as humans have this need to be right and in our quest to prove that, we can allow anger and proud speech destroy our testimony for Christ. In today's world with conversations on the phone by text and Facebook, we can bring up the entire conversation and go back over it when we are less heated or more clear headed. When we do this we can see where we should have backed off the conversation and some things we have written should have never left our heads in the first place. Just as there are things said in a conversation that we wish later that we could take back. The problem with us is we often allow feelings and emotions to cause us to say and write things that are hurtful and mean. We look back with shame and we realize we were wrong or even when we are right we can say and write things that in a way that is hurtful. Words that are spoken and written cannot be taken back. Of course we apologize, but the best thing we can do is to strive to more like Christ. It is okay to give advice, but when we see that the advice is not appreciated nor will it be accepted, we need to back off. At this point we are only trying to prove our point to someone who is not interested. It does not matter if you are right or not, you have stepped into the path of offending someone. It is better to bow out of the conversation and pray that God will guide the person into making the right decision.
When we have allowed ourselves to be more concerned about proving that we are right then the feelings of others, we have allowed the devil to control us. Better to give your advice in love and then walk away. It is at that point the person can choose to accept or reject it. As children of God let us strive to do everything with love and grace. When you mess up like I did, apologize and then walk away. The very best thing you can do for others is pray for them. We as God's children are so blessed that our Heavenly Father is willing to forgive us when we seek humble ourselves and seek forgiveness. I pray that God will help us to walk and speak in a way that is pleasing to Him.
Betty
A nice rain this morning which is making every thing smell fresh. Th squirrels are playful and a joy to watch.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

Romans 1:18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Sometimes we wonder how a person who has rejected God can often be at peace and feel good about their choice. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will not always strife with mankind. There will come a time when a person is so hard hearted towards God, that the Holy Spirit will not longer convict a person and leave them to die in their sins. As Christians when we have a repeated sin in our lives but no longer feel guilty about that sin, we should be concerned. We should worry that God has grow weary of convicting us. Silence from God about our sin is not approval of the sin. Let us humble ourselves and seek forgiveness from God. Then we need to turn away from that sin. The devil likes to come into our lives like a fox. He knows just what sin we are tempted to do. He knows if we have a problem with gossip and he will work in that area. As children of God we should be deligent about watching in those areas we know that we have problem with. Ask God to show you what areas that you need to be careful in and to help you pull out the sinful plant that satan is planting in your heart. We will sin and that is a given but when we do, we need to ask forgiveness. Do not wait until the devil has a garden of sin growing in your heart but seek forgiveness as soon as you are aware of it. Not only does sin move us away from God but it steals our testimony. God bless you and your family.
Betty
The chicken came back yesterday. She was up in the tree in the front yard. Two squirrels are playing chase in the back yard while a red bird is waiting for his time at the feeder.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

John 15:5King James Version (KJV)
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Have you ever felt that you are bearing no fruit?  Sometimes it is because we have moved away from the vine.  If this is the case we need to ask God for forgiveness and move back into Him.  Other times it is because we are growing under the dirt and our bud has not come above the earth yet.  When we plant a fruit tree, we do not expect to have fruit the next day.  We know that the tree will have to grow strong roots before we see the evidence of fruit.  Growing plants takes patients.  Growing in God takes patience, too!  As we seek God and trust Him more and more we grow stronger in the Lord.  A fruit tree that did not grow strong roots, would be easily yanked out of the soil with the first wind storm.  Our job is not to be worried about when we will have fruit, but to grow strong in the Lord.  Be faithful to God, be consistent in our Bible reading and prayer, and trusting God every day and we will begin to develop fruits of the Spirit in our lives.  Everyday pray for God to open opportunities for us to share the Gospel with others.  Sometimes a complete strangers will tell you of a need they have.  When this happens, ask if you can pray for them.
We just have to be willing to do the will of God and allow His love to shine through us to others.  Let us be willing and obedient children of God. 

Galatians 5:22-23 [Full Chapter]
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Betty
Haven't seen the chicken in a few days.  Did see a squirrel this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday,

1 John 3:22King James Version (KJV)22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Many sinners pray. Unfortunately it is not a prayer for salvation, but a bargaining prayer. If God will help them get the job they want, they will start going to Church and doing right. The more desperate the need the bigger the promise. When your child is dying of course we understand that desperate prayer.
Sinners do not know any better. They do not understand that salvation is not obtained by going to Church and doing "better".
Sadly, we as Christians can be guilty ourselves of making promises that we never keep. We too, can be waiting on that job interview and in desperation promise God that we will start reading the Bible every day, or going to Church every Sunday. We get the job and forget the promise. You would think as God's children we would be better at keeping our promises to God then sinners. This is not always the case. Sometimes we start out keeping our promise, only to stop along the way. We as humans like to make bargains, it seems to be in our nature. Would it not be better to pray, read the Bible, and attend Church whether God answers our prayers or not? God is so faithful to His children. Should His children be faithful to Him? God wants to meet our needs. He wants us to come to Him with our petitions. Let us, as His children be faithful all the time to God and not just when we want or need something. We should serve God because we love Him, and not for what we can get. Do not cheapen your relationship with Jesus by using it as a bargaining tool. Let us be like Paul and serve God in all of our circumstances.
Betty

If you get a chance today, walk outside. Even if it is just to the mailbox and enjoy the delights of nature. A butterfly, a squirrel, and listening to the songs of the birds can lift your spirit.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 5:3New Living Translation 3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

God wants us to bring our request to Him. He wants to hear about our needs and our desires. This does not mean we will get everything want, but what a privileged it is to know God wants to hear about what is important to us. Sometimes God says wait and sometimes God says no. This is never to punish us or to keep us from being happy, but because He knows what is best for us. God knows the future and we can only see today. As humans it is easy to grow impatient and frustrating when we feel God is not working fast enough. Sometimes, the wait period is God is wanting us to grow spiritually. Other times it could be that He wants us to discover if we are willing to serve Him, even if we do not get our will. He knows already but sometimes we don't know ourselves. God may have us wait so that we get to the place that we can say: "Not my will, but Yours". There is peace of heart and mind when you can leave your wants in God's hands and are willing to accept His will. We know He knows best, but sometimes self will rises up and wants to dethrone God. Instead of allowing God to be your ruler we want to demote Him and put self in control. This will only lead to despair and trouble. When God does allow us to get something that we wanted, if we have waited for His timing and His will, the reward is so much sweeter.
Abraham put God first even over His own son and great was Abraham's reward. If we will allow God to work in our lives in His will and His timing, we will see spiritual growth and our reward will also be great.
Everyday make your needs and your requests known to God and then sit back and allow Him to work out His will in His timing. He will not fail you.
Betty
A few squirrels and birds this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is security in knowing that not even the devil can not separate us from Christ. When I was a young person, I would go up to get saved every revival. I didn't always raise my hand for the alter call but I would come up for prayer and that would be my prayer. I was terrified that I would accidentally lose my salvation. I am not saying one cannot chose to walk away from their salvation. That I will leave for another day and time. But it is good to know that our ties to our Heavenly Father are not so weak that the smallest of sin, will break the ties that binds us to Jesus. Of course as Christians we should pray for forgiveness every day, but there is comfort knowing that God is not in Heaven with a huge pair of scissors, just waiting to cut the ties with us. We do not have to go though life tiptoeing for fear of displeasing God. This said we should try to live a life that is pleasing to God. We should seek not to sin. We are still in our corruptible body and we will sin and our loving Heavenly Father will forgive us. We just need to ask. When we begin to see God as our loving Father and not a School Master with a ruler just waiting to pop us on the head, we can live a less stress life. He will discipline us. The Bible says that who God loves, He will apply correction when needed, but we do not have to live in fear. God sent His Son to die for us. He wants us to be saved and be with Him eternity. As His children, we should want and strife to please Him. Remember when you brought home a good report card how proud you were to show it to your parents. You knew they would be pleased and you looked forward to pleasing them. How much more should we strive to please God! Of course when we brought home a bad report card, we knew there would be discipline coming but we also knew that they would not stop loving us nor stop being our parents. God is not looking for an excuse to stop being our Heavenly Father, either. Let us live each day working to please our Heavenly Father. We can be assured that God knows best and that what He asks of us is for our own good.
Betty
Charter sent a guy to work in our back yard, cats came running for the back door. They could not get in fast enough. On the other hand, I had to lock in the dachshund who wants to show off her protecting the family skills. Hehe. A couple of squirrels this morning and a few birds. God is so wonderful to encourage me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Lam. 3: 22Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

If you are like me, there are times you are on fire for God and others times you are lukewarm. Times you are shouting praises to God and other times God is lucky if you say a quick prayer before you go to sleep. It is not that our love for God has gone cold but that we get caught up in life's problems. The more hetic our life gets the less prone we are to pray and workship God. We just get caught up in life. Yet God's faithfulness to His children doesn't waver. He doesn't ignore us even when we have ignored Him. We can trust God to be with us 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. Watching over us and guiding our steps, when we allow Him to. Sometimes we get in jams because we ignore His guidance but He is always with us.
Let us start being faithful to God in our prayers, our Bible reading, and in our praises to Him. Let us take the time to honor God in every aspect of our lives. Let us be listening to Him for His guidance in our llifes and we will have less times that we have to cry out to God to get us back on track. God is faithful let us be faithful to Him.
Betty

Great is thy faithfulness

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
there is no shadow of turning with thee;
thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not;
as thou hast been thou forever will be.
Refrain:
Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
all I have needed thy hand hath provided;
great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
sun, moon and stars in their courses above
join with all nature in manifold witness
to thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! Refrain
Words: Thomas O. Chisholm
Music: William M. Runyan

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 139:23-24New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
24 And see if there be any [a]hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

1 Timothy 2:8. So I want men everywhere to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from sin and anger and resentment.

In this world, we will be hurt, that is a given. Sometimes we are hurt by family members and sometimes we are even hurt by fellow Church members. We have no control over another and so we cannot control being hurt by others. Hurt feelings can be a playground for the devil, if we are not careful.
We as humans want to lash out at the person who hurt us. While we can excuse ourselves because lashing out is a human reaction, is that what God wants us to do? Do we want to lose our testimony for Christ by reacting? Yet at the same time we do not want to stuff the hurt feelings down inside and allow a seed of resentment to grow? Resentment can lead to more serious sins. So what do we do with hurt feelings? We admit to ourselves and to God that we are hurt. We ask God to heal us from our hurt. Do not deny hurt feelings, they are as painful and real as a stomped toe. If we do not get healing from God then the hurt feelings will fester and we will have resentment growing in our heart. Healing of hurt feelings doesn't go away immediately. This is something you have to pray over for a period of time. When you pray for your hurt feelings, pray for the person that hurt you. As you pray for that person, God can replace the hurt feelings with love for that person. The more you love someone and pray for them, the smaller the seed of hurt grows until it is gone. It is not a question of magic but a release unto God your hurt feelings and an acceptance of grace and peace that God gives to you. In this world we will be hurt and we will hurt others.
When we are the one to hurt others let us remember our own experiences and seek restoration with the person we hurt. Do not be too proud to admit your error and seek forgiveness from them and God.
David asked God to search His heart and see if there is any hurtful way in him. It is always a good thing to ask God to search our hearts regularly. Little spouts of sin can take routin our hearts with out us realizing it. This is why sometimes we react in anger and then realize that we had been carrying a grudge and did not even know it. If we ask God to search our hearts and cleanse us from sin, we will not have those unpleasant surprises. We all will be hurt but let us quickly forgive and remember how God has forgiven us. It is raining here in South Texas. I pray that God will protect you and your families today as well as my own family. God bless you.
Betty
A couple of squirrels. Was sadden to see a baby possum got run over last night in front of my house.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Even as Christians, we can tempted to grumble and complain about our circumstances. We can lay aside thankfulness for a spirit of complaining and disappointment because things in our lives are not what we accepted or feel we deserve. We compare ourselves to others who seem to have it better then we do, and we can allow the sin of envy to either our hearts. Envy is like a pesky fox who comes in and begins to eat the fruit in our gardens. If we do not repent right away, this fox grows fat and soon envy is over taking all aspects of our lives. Envy can lead to resentment and resentment can lead to a spirit of anger and strife. This can over take our lives and destroy our testimony. It is not a question of hiding that fox in our lives, but of asking God to remove that fox, completely from our lives. We have to do our part by not allowing the fox to move back in. The Bible does not teach Socialism and every Christian is not blessed in the same ways. Our job as Christians is to be thankful for what we have and use our blessings to bless others. Let us replace envy and complaining with gratefulness and thanksgiving for the many gifts God has given us.
Let us be like the Apostle Paul, and be content in whatever circumstances we are in. We can walk in joy and peace when we learn to be content and grateful.
Betty
A few squirrels this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Psalm 71:5 For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalm 71:14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Americans are for the most part placing their hopes on a new President. They believe their candidate will come in and fix all of the problems that face America. They do not realize that the biggest problem that America faces is sin. America has become haughty and feels she does not need God and not only that but she is proud of her sins. She takes pride in gay marriage and transgender laws. She takes pride in the freedom of women to have abortions, killing off our future, one baby at a time. She has for the most part abandoned Israel and instead cozying up to the very enemies of Israel. America thinks she is wise and strong, but other Countries see America as weak and with a weak leader. Our military has become smaller in numbers while other Countries have grown their military. We sale weapons to our enemies to be used against us in the future. America could be saved. If we as a Nation would humble ourselves before God and seek God's forgiveness, God would heal our Nation. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening. Just as Rome destroyed itself because of her sins against God, America will do the same.
What do we do as Christians? Of course we vote and pray about who to vote for, but don't be surprised to find who ever wins will not save America. As Christians we need to be praying for our lost loved ones and praying for God to get the weeds out of our hearts and prepare us for His return for us. The rapture will happen and I believe soon, let us ask God to cleanse of our sins, our bad motives, and our bad attitudes. Let us be ready as the Bride to meet her Groom in the air. Our hope is in Jesus Christ.
Betty

The chicken came to visit this morning .

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 56:3-4Living Bible (TLB)

3-4 But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting him, what can mere man do to me?

When we give our hearts and lives to Jesus, God does not take us on to Heaven. He leaves us here to live and work for His Glory. We are left to start a journey through Christ. When we are saved as a young child our journey most of the time means growning up and raising a family. God trust us with little souls to raise them to be Christian adults. We are blessed to raise our Children in a Church family, where they learn God's Ways and we are trusted by God to ourselves teach them the ways of God through family Bible readings and prayer. This is why Christians are told by God not to be yoked to a unbeliever. Some of us like me failed in that area and ended up raising our kids in Church alone. Yet God is faithful and if we continue to pray for our unsaved mate, God does often brings salvation to the lives of our mate. This does not mean there will not be problems along the way. So much better for young people to date only those who are not only regular Church goers but actually have a relationship with Jesus. When both partners in a marriage are Christians, does not mean their marriage will be perfect but through the good and bad they can pray and trust God together, yoked as one. When children see their parents serving God as a unit they are more likely to become Christians and seek to carry on their heritage with a Christian mate themselves.
When a child grows up with only one parent in Church, they are likely to underrate the importance of both parents being in Church and repeat their parent's mistake. We cannot as parents over emphasize the importance of our children being a Christian and only dating other Christians. As parents God has trusted us with children and raising them in God's house is something that He expects His children to do. Parents of children who are unmarried should be praying for them daily that God will not only strengthen their faith in God but that they will make the right decision in choosing a mate. This is more important than most of us give credit to. Not only will your child be affected by their choice in mates, but so will the lives of your grandchildren. Whatever your situation as a parent, pray for your children, grand children, and even great grand children, daily. God will hear your prayers. We may not see results in our life time but your prayers are not going in vain.
Betty
The chicken was in my front yard, this morning. I wish we could catch her so that she would have a chicken hut to be in, instead of hiding in the trees in the rain.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

As I got ready for Church and fed the birds and animals, I talked to God. I was reminded of the song "Tis' So Sweet to Trust in Jesus". When begin our morning talking to Jesus, He fills our hearts and minds with peace. Not the peace the world gives that can disappear like a vapor in the wind, but a peace that is there even when you are in pain, you spill the dog food or whatever life throws at you. There is a Heavenly joy that fills your souls when you spend time talking to our Heavenly Father. We cannot control what happens through out the day but we can choose to spend time with God as we begin the day. Talking to Him as you get ready to face the day and you fix your coffee. Making time to talk to God is a privilege that God has blessed us with, but too often we neglect to do. Our relationship with our spouse and loved ones grows by spending time with them, it is the same with God our Father. Let us not neglect to spend time with God. We can talk to God through out the day, even at work. A quiet prayer as we work or drive is time well spent. This time will built up our souls and help us to grow spiritually. This time will also help us keep us from getting angry on the job and mouthing off, which causes our testimony of God's love to be called into question, by those who work with us. Let us as children of God, take time to spend time with our Heavenly Father as we begin our day. He wants to hear from us and we can talk to Him as we get ready each morning and as we do our morning chores, and even as we drive to where ever we go each day.
God bless you,
Betty
I can see a couple of squirrels this morning. They are enjoying their morning, too !

Words: Lou­i­sa M. R. Stead, 1882. These words are said to have written been after Stead witnessed her husband drown.
Music: Will­iam J. Kirk­pat­rick (MI­DI, score).

If you have ac­cess to a pho­to of Lou­i­sa Stead that we could put on­line, please click here.

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Refrain

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Refrain

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Refrain

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Refrain

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I was reminded of a song I hadn't thought about in years, called "In Times Like These". It says in times like these you need a Savor. We are living in a time that your faith can and will be tested. A time when your idea of what is moral will be tested. Who would have thought that our own President would be blackmailing Americans, by with holding federal funds to Schools, who refuse to allow boys in the girls bathroom?
Who would have thought that America would have a President who cared more about the 3% gay, lesbian, and transgenders, then our children. We live in a time when Schools are indoctrinating our children with sexual confusion at a young age. When children are encouraged to doubt their own sexuality in early grades of School. Instead of children being taught to obey their parents, they are taught to doubt their parents ability to reason and understand this new age teaching, taught by many liberal Schools.

We have Iran, North Korea, and now Russia testing the waters to see how really secure America is. The world doubts that our President will defend us in conflict and sadly many of us Americans feel the same.
We are living in times that our only security is in God. That is not a bad thing, don't get me wrong, but it is a new feeling as Americans for us. For all of our lives we have felt safe on American soil from invasion, until Set 11,2001. We have Collage students demanding "safe zones" at School to protect them from words. Are we going to be able to depend on them to fight for our Country if we are attacked?

America is in danger of defeating our selves. Many Collage students are willing to forgo the Constitution in favor of Socialism. They believe this will give them a free ride. As older adults we wonder what they are teaching them at Collage. Do they realize nothing is free? They do not realize that giving up freedoms is not just shutting up those who speech they do like, but giving up their freedom of speech as well. We sit back and watch and if not for our faith in God, our hearts would fail us. As the song says in times like these we need a Savior, that is Jesus. There are other religions but only Jesus left His Throne in Heaven to live and die so that He could redeem us and give us fellowship with Him. Things are happening that can cause us to tremble but as long as our faith is in Jesus, we can lay aside fear and trust in Him.
Betty

In Times Like These Lyrics

In times like these you need a Savior,
In times like these you need an anchor;
Be very sure, be very sure,
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

This Rock is Jesus, Yes He's the One,
This Rock is Jesus, the only One;

In times like these you need the Bible,
In times like these, O be not idle;

In times like these I have a Savior,
In times like these I have an anchor;
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 Thessalonians 5:8
“But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation

Today is Friday and I imagine those who have the weekend off are happy about that. We dread Monday and look forward to Friday, which is understandable. As Christians we look forward to the day when the Father sends His Son to get His children. Of course we have to live each day until that glorious day. The old hymn says:" We'll work till Jesus comes, we'll work till Jesus comes and then we'll be going home". We do not know the day or time the rapture will happen but we can trust God that it will happen. For now we journey in a world that is coming more anti- Jesus every day. The evil mankind does to each other seems to grow with each day and things that would have shocked us even a couple of years ago seems to be met with a sigh and a yawn. As sin becomes acceptable among non-Christians, sadly it is growing acceptable among Christians and Christian Churches. Main stream Churches are ordaining Pastors who are in a gay marriage and are transgenders as Pastors. How can a Church member hear the truth when their own Pastor has given into the devil and is living in sin themselves? The Bible says that mankind will no longer what to hear the truth but will yearn for a Pastor or teacher that speaks what they want to hear. Sadly many Churches are giving them what they want. The Bible makes it clear that this people know the truth, but would rather hear a lie, because it makes them feel comfortable in their sin. They know the truth because the Holy Spirit convicts them of their sins. There comes a time when you have ignore the Holy Spirit long enough, that He will no longer strife with you. He will allow you to live comfortably in your sins, because you choose to. Comfortable now, but not so comfortable when you face Jesus, face to face. The Pastor who allowed you to be comfortable in your sin will be no help to you. He, himself will have to face Jesus with his own sins. So much better to cry out for Jesus to save you know and change from your sinful ways now, rather then spend eternity paying for your comfort you are enjoying now in your sins. Sadly too many are not concern about eternity and today is the only thing that matters to them. We can pray for the lost but we cannot force salvation on anyone. It is a personal choice. The devil may look like he is winning and he will spend 7 years during the tabulation convincing the world that not only has he won but that they can join together in battle and beat the God of Heaven. In the book of The Revelations, God tells us who will win and it is the God of Heaven. Those who have joined forces with the devil will learn that too late. As long as we have breath, let us pray for those we love and care about to accept Jesus as their Savior before it is too late. May God bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Matt 11:28“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world

2 Corinthians 5:17 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Jesus wants us to come to Him when we are stressed, depressed, or overwhelmed with the circumstances in our lives. Jesus doesn't want us to wait and come to Him as a last resort but to go to Him first. Not only going to Jesus helps to clear our minds of clutter but Jesus wants to help us make correct decisions and to deal with our circumstances with a peaceful mind. When we choose to do things on our own with out God's help, we often make rash decisions that we come to regret. God is not just interested in our Spiritual health, while that is very important, but He cares about all aspects of our lives.
The devil will try to convince us that our problems are too small to take to Jesus. The devil will tell us that
our needs are insignificant and God doesn't care. Remember the devil is the father of lies. He is not capable of knowing the truth. God is truth so take your cares and concerns to God first. Then trust God to lead you in making the right decision. When we allow Him to guide us, we can let go of stress and work in the peace of Jesus. When God has guided you into making a decision then put all your trust in Jesus. Do not allow the devil to cause you to doubt your decision or to lose your faith in God. The devil will whisper doubts in your mind and you remind him that you are trusting in God and with trust in God there is no fear.
When you do this, you can walk away with your mind and soul at peace. Whatever decision you are your family is facing, remember noting is too difficult for God.
Betty

GospelSongLyrics.org: Where Could I Go But To The Lord lyrics

Living below in this old sinful world
Hardly a comfort can afford
Striving alone to face temptations sore
Where could I go but to the Lord?
Where could I go? oh, where could I go>
Seeking a refuge for my soul
Needing a friend to save me in the end
Neighbors are kind, I love them everyone
We get along in sweet accord
But when my soul needs manna from above
Where could I go but to the lord?
Where could I go> oh, where could I go?
Life here is grand with friends I love so dear
Comfort I get from God's own Word
Yet when I face the chilling hand of death
Where could I go? oh, where could I go?
The words and music to "Where Could I Go But To The Lord?" are by J.B Coats. This gospel songs has been performed by Elvis Presley

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalms 37:The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

There are those days that we are hit with something unexpected out of left field, before we have had time to get our eyes upon. We become overwhelmed and blood pressure rises and if we are not careful out temper gets us in trouble. We cannot control everything that happens to us, but we can control our reaction. Instead of first reaction being anger our first reaction should be to stop and pray. Pray for peace of mind, pray for guidance, pray for intervention from God. If you are like me, you get all upset about something only to find out it wa nothing. But even when we do have problems, God has our back. There is so much peace when we remind ourselves, that God has it. Like the old song says:"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus". I pray that God will give you peace of mind and peace in your heart.
God bless you,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

John 15:5 “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”

This morning the sky is covers with fluffy white clouds with a little blue sticking out. These clouds remind me of a favorite past time as a child, laying on the ground and imagining what animal the clouds resembled. We can look back in our childhood of innocence, when the biggest sin we could think of was lying to our parents. We dared not to do so, because we were convinced that moms especially had eyes in the back of her head. Now as a adults we see a different world, where sin runs amok. Sin has always been around since the garden, but today sin is considered good and those who oppose many kinds of sin are considered ignorant, racist, and illiterate . Young celebrities, are considered smart and successfull for pushing the envelope for radical and sinful behavior. Young people look up to these celebrities as role models. Even fellow celebrities admire behavior that pushes racist and violence against police officers. Adele called Beyoncé, Jesus Christ in her concert recently. All we can do is look up and ask God to send His Son, for the Church, soon. Churches have abandon the truth of the Gospel for social issues. While Churches should do their part to help the poor, Churches main goal should be reaching the lost for Jesus.
God is calling people to recognize they are sinners and repent and be saved. God is not calling people for a successful purposeful life. God wants His children to succeed, but He died to save the lost and not to make people rich and be successful. The world and God's idea of success is not the same. Look at the disciples, they did not live lives of success by the world's standard, and all but one died a martyr for the cause of Christ. Yet, in Heaven they will be rewarded for living a successful life for Christ. Money in the bank does not mean you are living for Jesus, nor does being poor, mean you are successful in the eyes of God. The question is have we found salvation in Jesus? Are we living our lives to the standards of God?
Are we living to please God or man? The biggest question we will face God will be: " Is your name in the Book of Life? If it is not, it will not matter how rich you were, how popular you were, nor how much power you had in this life? Eternity in hell will be your future and no amount of money or prayers from others can save you. Salvation is only achieve able in your life on earth. Once you die or once you face God it is too late to accept salvation. Sinners and Christians need to set aside our desire to impress others in the world and be concerned only with pleasing God. Christians need to realize that if you believe the Bible is true, if you believe that marriage is between a man and a woman and abortion is wrong, the world considers you a radical Christian. Many people of this government including the White House considers this type of Christian a terrorist threat. It does not matter to them that Christians do not behead sinners, we are considered worse then radical Muslims. Why? Because the devil feels no threat from the Muslims, but Christians who believe the Bible are a threat to his agenda. If the rapture does not happen soon, Christians in America will face the same threats from our government that Christians face in communist countries. Pastors will be breaking the law for preaching the truth of the Gospel. You might say this can never happen in America, but college kids in a poll, said that freedom of speech should be taken away. The young people of today for the most part embrace communist view. Read up on the history of socialist and communist Countries and you will see that freedom of religion was one of the first things lost. We need as Christians to make sure our faith is strong in the Lord. If we are only feeding on sermons that promise success and financial gain, how will we stand for God, when your faith could cost you, your job, your home, or even your freedom? Will we deny Jesus in order to keep what makes us comfortable?
These are questions we need to ask ourselves. If we wonder if we can stand for Christ in such circumstances, we need to pray for God to make us warriors for Him. I know I am not there yet, myself and I do not think I am alone on this. We need to grow so close to God that if we are in danger for our faith we can stand firm in Christ. It hasn't been too long ago when children were killed for their faith at a School. Someone said the strongest of the Christian young people were those killed after the first. Even though they saw the first young man shot and killed for his faith, they still proclaimed their faith in Christ with a gun pointed at their head. What strong faith and resolve these Christian young people had. Where did this faith come from? It came from God and now they are with God and suffer no morge. No one wants to be put in that position but let us grow so strong in the Lord so that whatever circumstances we may face we can say strongly that our faith is in Jesus Christ and our confidence in Him never wavers.
I prayed as I walked the yard this morning that God would lay on my heart what He wanted me to say and though I have strayed for from the beginning, I believe this is what God gave me to share.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Psalm 29:11 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.

Have you ever set out to spend some time with God and you just can't sit still and your mind is racing back and forth like a hamster in one of those wheels? Maybe it is just a problem for us with ADD? Yet, I believe we all feel that way sometimes. Maybe you are in Church and you want to be listening intently to the Sermon, yet mind takes you on a road trip? You are present in Church but, your mind has left the building. Sometimes our mind is in any situation but at peace. It is not always because we have problems, although problems can steal our peace. Sometimes it is our desire to please God, but we are unsure of how to do that in our present situation, that makes us feel fretful. Sometimes it is worrying over problems or our families problems that gives our spirit unrest. We try to pray and even in our prayer we cannot stay focused. Our minds wandering, even in the midst of our prayers. This can discourage us and even make us question God. God is a God of peace, yet in this moment we feel no peace. We feel no assurance from God that He is even listening. Maybe the problem is not God not listening to us. Maybe the problem is us not listening to Him. Could it be that we need some quiet time with God where we are listening to Him?
We need to remind ourselves in those moments that we can't listen as well as we want to, to God, that He is not going to abandon us? In those moments our mind strays and we bring it back, God is still going to be there. Often we think God is like mankind in that on a whim, He will desert us for small things in our lives and minds that we cannot control. God knows your heart and He knows your weakness. He wants to meet us in our weakness. Never in the Bible does it say: "Come back when you have your mind under control". God wants us to come to Him in our weakness, in the midst of our struggles, and with our fears.
As we sit at Jesus' feet slowly our minds will calm down, our hearts will begin to fill up with the peace of God. Let us not allow our fears, struggles, and even ADD to rob us of our time with God. Our time with Jesus is precious and the devil will seek to rob us of this precious time. We can choose to refuse to give the devil victory. And when our mind wanders off we gently bring our mind back to God. Getting mad at yourself will only destroy your peace. I do not believe God gets angry with us for things we cannot control, but always come back to Jesus so the devil will not steal your peaceful time in the presence of God.
Betty
Haven't seen the chicken this morning but I did yesterday. A couple of squirrels are enjoying their food.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day,

Mother's Day for many is a mix of emotions. If your mom is in Heaven you feel the loss deeper on Mother's Day, yet for those of us with kids we feel blessed to be a mom ourselves. Today can be like an open wound for those who have children in Heaven. Yet, even in the pain of the loss we can find comfort in Jesus. I have been blessed not to have lost a child, but my heart goes out to those who have. Today if you are in that situation ask God to tell your loved one that you love them. For those of us who have moms in Heaven we can ask God to tell her that we love her. Whatever our circumstances let us be grateful to God today. We have so many blessings in our lives. Take time today to love on your family. Take time to express your love to God. May God bless you and your family, today and. Everyday.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Amen

--------------------

GISMYS16
Advanced Member
Member # 12739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GISMYS16   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan is ready to attack believers when we are awake or asleep so beware! PTL. We have the power to claim victory as Jesus has said,"if we resist evil then evil will flee".
Posts: 36 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Have you ever woken up in a bad mood before you even got out of bed. That happened to me this morning. I was sleeping like a log and two different salesmen called at 8:A.M. Who calls people that early on a Saturday? I was so startled by chest hurts. The reality is our moods can change on a dime. As Christians we can be tempted to judge our spiritual health by our moods. Moods are fickle. They can and do change with the wind. Our walk with God is not about our mood. God is with us whether we are in a good mood or not. If we judge our spiritual health by our moods we can be deceived. We can be living far from God and be in a good mood because of circumstances in our lives. On the other hand we may be in a bad mood, because of lack of sleep, illness, or just troubles in our lives, but that does not mean we are spiritually inadequate. Feelings do not determine our Spiritual health. While it is true we can allow a foul mood to make us act in a way that it inappropriate for a Christian, the mood itself does not determine where we stand with God. Moods come and go but Jesus is the same every day. When our feelings are out of joint we can go to God and talk to Him. We can tell Him how we feel and ask Him to help us control our actions so they are pleasing to God. But, our spiritual health should not be gauged by our moods. It is how we react in our moods that is the judge. I for instant was rude to the second person who called at 8 and hung up on him. This does not mean I have failed as a Christian. It means I am human, but this also means I needs to ask Jesus for forgiveness and not allow a stranger to dictate my behavior for the rest of the day.

If we cannot gauge our spiritual health by moods, then what do we judge our spiritual health on? We judge it on God's Word and in prayer. Are we living in a way that is pleasing to God? Are we praying daily and seeking God to refuel us so that our cup does not become empty? We gauge our spiritual health on God's Word and by asking like David, for God to search our hearts. We ask God to tell us if we have any unforgiven sin in our life? We ask God to tell us if we need a change in attitude and then we ask God to help us change in ourselves what needs to be changed. Frustrations and actions by others can change our moods but they cannot change our spiritual health as long as we stay tuned into the Holy Spirit. Let us seek to grow and thrive spiritually as we walk with Jesus. May you be blessed today.
Betty
Just squirrels today. A new baby possum came on the back porch yesterday. I put out some cat food so he or she will eat and be satisfied with our hurting my pets.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

For those who are still working, Friday is a day that you look forward to. I pray that this weekend will bring rest for your body, soul, and spirit.
It is not uncommon to hear celebrities and entertainers to say that Christianity is for the weak. To non Christians weakness is a character flaw, something to be ashamed of. God says that it is in our weakness that He is made strong. It is in our weakness when we allow Him to, He can do great things.
2 Cor 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong
It is in our weakness that we admit our need for God and allow Him to work through us. The next time you hear someone say that Christianity is for the weak, say: "Thank you Jesus, for my weakness for it showed me my need for you". Everybody needs Jesus but those who take pride in their strength and decline salvation will spend eternity in hell. Those who admit their need for Christ will spend eternity with Jesus. Praise the Lord!

Recently Steven Hawkins said that Christianity is for those who are afraid of the dark. The Bible says those who reject Christ, love the darkness and refuse to come in to the light. When we come into the light our sins are made known. This is good. This is when we can pray for forgiveness and turn from our sins.

John 3:19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

On the judgement day every sinner will stand be for God and their sins will be made known. Every crime a sinner has gotten away with on earth will be revealed. At that time it will be too late for salvation. Better to give your heart and life to Jesus and have your sins forgiven then to face the White Throne Judgment where there will be no forgiveness of sin.

There are people today that feel that they are too educated, to smart, and to enlighten to need God. What does the Bible say about that?
1Cor 1:But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

God wants us to come to Him in our weakness and with our pride set aside. We have dealt with people whose pride and ego make them seem to be ten feet tall, but not in a good way. It only takes a short time that their arrogance and pride is like fingernails scratching a black board and you cannot wait to get out of their presence. Yet mankind often remarks when they see God, they are going to tell Him a thing or to, or give God a piece of their mind so to speak. When sinners stand before God they will fall at His feet overcome by the Holiness of God. And if they can get a word out it will be begging Jesus to save them. Sadly it will be too late for them.

How do sinners and Christians come to Jesus?

Mark 10:15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the ...
... I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom
of God like a child will never enter Heaven
Luke 18:17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the ...
... I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom
of God like a child will never enter it." ...

We come like a little child. We come in humility leaving any pride behind. We come to Jesus in our needs.
No where in the Bible did Jesus tell us to go fix our lives and then come to Him. Jesus wants to forgive our sins, He wants to fix our lives, and He wants to work through us to bring spiritual maturity. When a new mom has her newborn baby placed in her arms, she knows that there are 18 years of teaching and work ahead for helping that baby grow to her or his potential. She doesn't say to the doctor or nurse: bring the child back when it's walking, talking, and potty trained. She wants the pleasure of the day to day journey this child will walk. Jesus wants the sinner to come to Him just like that. He wants to walk with that child and take the journey with that child as it goes from a baby Christian to a mature Christian.
As sinners, Jesus cleans us with His own blood. As His children, Jesus walks with us, gently nudges us when we get off track, convicting us when sin has entered our lives. We do not choose to be a Christian because we are afraid of the dark. We choose to be a Christian, because we want to stop living in the darkness. We want to live in the light and glory of Jesus. If you are a Christian, rejoice in your salvation. If you are a sinner, come out of the darkness and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and happy Thursday,

I pray that you are having a good day and that you are blessed by the presence of God in your life.
Today it is acceptable to talk about God but not Jesus. God is considered a generic term. You could be talking about Allah, God of Nature, or the God that many people believe is just apart of levers person. Yet when you mention Jesus, you begin to upset people and lose the attention of others. People do not want to talk about Jesus. They like the idea that there is a God out there somewhere who stays out of their business, unless He is needed. When the need arise, it is acceptable to pray to God, but as soon as things get better this God is to quietly move behind the curtain until He is needed. Of course this God is not offended by your lifestyle, and reading the Bible and Church attendance is not required unless of course it helps you meet potential customers. You just have to find one where the Pastor doesn't talk about sin or expects you to actually live a life that is actually pleasing to God. Because in 2016, we have evolved into knowing what is important and that is living a happy successful life. Wow! How enlighten we as humans have become! Of course this God does not believe in hell and everybody goes to Heaven. Just do your best and everything will work out okay.
Bring up the Name of Jesus and then you are talking about the God of the Bible. This God is demanding. After He sent His Son to live and die for us, He actually demands that we accept this free gift of salvation to enter Heaven. This God is willing to forgive us our sins, but He demands that we turn from our sins and not continue to live in sin. This God doesn't want us to just call on Him when it is convenient for us, but He wants a personal daily relationship with us. He wants to be involved in our daily lives.
People find this God unacceptable. Yet, even in a marriage relationship we see that daily involvement and communication is valuable to the relationship.
My point you must be asking, is that the God of the Bible, the one true God wants to save us from our sins, change our life from being a selfish life of feeding only selfish desires into a life that is a life of an overcomer and a life of joy and peace that comes from giving your life wholly to Jesus. Living for Jesus, is not giving up freedom, but finding freedom through allowing Jesus to live through you.

There is no salvation outside of God. What does the Bible say about those who deny the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Matt 10:33 “But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.”
1John 2:22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Today more then ever when we are asked about our beliefs about God, we should make it clear that we serve the God of the Bible and His precious Son, Jesus. Yes, you may turn off some and there may be those who think less of you. But, we need to decide who to we want to please mankind or Jesus our Savior. Jesus is the only door to Heaven. The acceptance of a person should never override our love for Jesus. We should pray that God will give us the courage to speak the truth. There will come a day that the simple statement that Jesus is your Savior will cost you, greatly. But remember if we deny Jesus, He will deny us to His Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Imagine if you would, besides your bed a backpack, filled with rocks. Picture that every morning you were required to carry that backpack on your back from the time you got up until you went to bed. You might say it is not that heavy and I am a strong person. Yet, imagine doing all your chores at work and at home with that backpack on your back. You will probably say that you would never do that. That carrying a load of rocks while working would not only make you miserable but it would hinder your job performance. Yet, we as Christians to that. Of course we are not carrying real rocks, that would be silly but we carry burdens every day. Doesn't the Bible say for us to bring our burdens to Jesus? We attempt to, but when we finish praying, we pick up our burdens and take them with us. We worry and fret and literally make ourselves sick over our burdens. Like our lost loved ones, for instance. Yes we should pray daily for them, but worrying day and night and fretting over them is not going to bring them one second closer to salvation. Sometimes one of our rocks is past sins. We have asked God to forgive us and yet we seem to feel that we must constantly remind ourselves and punish ourselves daily for sins God has already forgiven us. When Jesus saved the woman that had committed adultery from the crowd that had gathered to stone her, He told her that her sins where forgiven and to go and sin no more. He did not tell her to go and remind herself of the sin she had committed and fret and worry every day about what she had done. No! He said that her sins were forgiven and to go and sin no more. Sometimes a rock we carry is fear of the unknown. Whether it be a change in your living situation, a new job, or just general fear about what is happening in the world today. You can worry and fret until the point that you are actually ill, and yet nothing has changed. God wants us to take our burdens to Jesus and leave them there. If you think you are doing Him a favor by caring your burdens, you are not. What you are really saying to God is I don't fully trust you to work in my best interest, so I shall carry my burdens, until I am sure I can trust you to work things out. How arrogant we can be sometimes! Sometimes it is not arrogance but fear. But remember perfect trust cast out fear. We trust God to save us for eternity, and yet we question whether He can work out things at work, find us a place to live, and work in the hearts of our unsaved loved ones.
Remember the Hymn that says: Only trust Him, Only trust Him, Oh for grace to trust Him more. Let us pray that God will help us to lay our burdens at the feet of Jesus. This does not mean we stop praying for our needs. It just means we stop trying to tell God how to fix our needs and fret while we are waiting for Him to work. God bless you today and I pray that as needs come up in your life that you are able to take them to Jesus and be at peace.
Betty
A few squirrels this morning and a nice breeze.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This morning as I took the bird seed out the squirrels and birds fled.  They do not realize that I am the one that feeds them.  Matthew 5:45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.    I am not in no way comparing myself to God, but just as the squirrels and birds do not know I provide for them, there are many men and women that God has provided for that do not acknowledge the goodness of God.  The Bible says in the last days mankind would worship the creation and not the creator.  This is more prevalent today then in anytime in history.  Mankind does not want to give praise to The Creator of the earth, but they give glory and praise to "mother" earth or "Mother Nature.
There is no Mother Earth, only the God of Abraham, Jacob, and Moses who with His own voice spoke earth in to existence.  Mankind takes pleasure in being able to say that they are a self made success.  Denying that God has given them talents.  Yes you have to work hard to become successfull, you must have the talent to begin with.  We Christians our selves can become prideful because of our talents.  We can begin to believe that we are doing God a favor by using our talents for Him.  We forget that if God was only interested in the talent itself, He could cause the rocks and the flowers to become a Choir.  God chose to use mankind because of His love for mankind.  It is out of His love for us that He allows us to use our talents for His Glory.  Remember God wrote in stone with His own hand for a king onetime.  Let us always be humble and grateful for the talents we have and even more grateful that He will use us for His Glory.
When we use our talents out of our love for Christ, I have found that there is a special anointing on that talent.  Have you ever heard a Christian singer sing a song and the Holy Spirit was so strong on that person that the words cut right to your heart?  You find yourself with tears running down your face and you can feel God healing something in your spirit.  Have you ever left a Serman and thought how the Holy Spirit was working through that Preacher?  This is how God wants to use us.  He wants to encourage and bless others through us.  If we are more concerned about our performance and whether people will like us we can lessen the flow of the Holy Spirit.  Let us never be guilty of tying the hands of the Holy Spirit but to use our abilities in a spirit of love for Jesus Christ.  Let us have the attitude of wanting people to see Jesus in us rather then seeking praise for ourselves.  This means letting go of pride or the desire to out do the person who did the job before you.  As Christians we are not in a contest to out do our brothers and sisters in Christ.  We should all have the same goal, to further the work of Jesus and to bring praise and glory to God.  Let us stand united as children of God and not in competition with one another.
Betty

A squirrel has come back and the humming bird.  The "free" range chicken came back yesterday for a meal.  She is wild and scared but I have grown fond of her.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Proverbs 16:9. A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

When we backed out of the driveway, there was a dragging sound. We first thought I had picked up a limb from the storm, but I pulled in to the bank parking lot and found out that a big plastic piece of the car was dragging. We took the car to the place that has just worked on it and found out that a couple of clips holding it in place had fallen off. But it worked out for good because when I called to change hubby's two appointments, I found out he was suppose to be fasting for the test. Something that the Doctor nor the cath-scan people had failed to tell us. A reminder that God does have a reason for things happening the way that do.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

As I fed the birds and the squirrels, I prayed for wisdom and direction from God on where I should go today with my writings. One thought that seemed to stay steady in my mind, was mercy. We live in a world were mercy is often in short supply. Sometimes as Christians when we are going through a painful, dark, and weary trial, we wonder if God has forgotten to show us mercy. Yet even our salvation was paid with a painful gift on Jesus' head, back, and through the lost of His very blood was a gift of love and mercy towards us. God is a God of mercy. He says the reason that He has held off judging the world is out of love and mercy for the lost. He is given them more time to choose Him. Yet, His mercy for His children goes beyond salvation, though there is no gift that compares with salvation. It is in His mercy that He deals with His children. It is His mercy that allows us to go through trials, though at the time, it seems the opposite. For as a loving Father, He wants us to grow and mature spiritually. Yet, even during these trials, God is with us and He sustains us. Sometimes trials are lengthy in time. Sometimes we wonder if there will every be a day that pain is not a daily companion. Yet, even when just walking, pain is making itself know, we can rest assured that Jesus is with us. For those who deal with husbands whose words can be cruel, you can wonder why God hasn't knocked them upside the head and put a stop to their foolishness. But, just as Jesus is giving you to grow and mature in Him, He is doing the same with your mate. Maybe your boss is not a Christian and likes to push your buttons to see if he can get you to lose your temper. It is human nature to want to react in anger, but when you allow God to work through you, you can react in love and mercy. Remember many times dealing with others, whether it is your husband, your boss, or a stranger, the kind merciful reaction on your part is silence on the outside but prayer to God on the inside.
When you do pray for that unsaved person who is pushing your buttons, do not pray for God to punish them or rain problems down on them, no matter how tempting it is. Instead pray that God will love on them and bless them. This is what mercy is about. As Christians we should be about mercy and kindness.
God does not want His children to be praying disaster, trouble and illness on to those who offend us. God wants us to operate out of love, kindness and mercy and pray for God to bless those who seek to hurt us with their words and deeds. There is a time for self defense if you are physically in danger, but if someone says cruel words to you, do not return cruel words to them, but pray for them. We cannot in ourselves save the lost, but we can live our life in a way that shows God's mercy, kindness, and love.
Betty
It is raining and thundering here. I have and hour and half drive to the VA today for hubby. I would appreciate your prayers for our safety. God bless you and keep you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

2 Timothy 4
1In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

All you have to is to turn on the TV and you can see we are living in the last days. It is not just secular TV either, we have Preachers who are preaching contrary to the Bible. One who is preaching that there is no need for confessing and repentance. One that preaches sermons about feeling good and not about warning the Church about the wiles of the devil and the amour of God. Then we have a Christian teacher selling "redemption seeds". Salvation is not for sale and has never been. As Christians while this should break our hearts and it does, this should remind us that our time is short. While this should make our hearts jump with excitement, there is also alittle apprehension. Simply because we know the devil will be fighting tooth and nail against the Church, until the moment the trumpet blows.

As we try to reach our lost loved ones and friends do not be surprised to be met with resentment, anger and bitterness. The devil has filled sinners with haterd of anything doing with the Bible. Jesus said as they have hated Him, the world will hate us. While this is unpleasant and does hurt your heart, you can find comfort in Jesus. He who suffered for our sins, knows how to comfort us when we are rejected and hated for our stand for Him. Keep serving Jesus, keep praying for the lost, and keep looking up for the Blessed Hope. I pray that Jesus comes for us soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Many people today have rejected the one true God, the God of the Bible.
They have rejected the God of the Bible because He is Holy and can not and will not embrace sin. Isaiah 6:3. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. Satan has provided a "god" for them who not only accepts sin but he embraces sinful lifestyles. He even provides weak excuses for sin. Abortion is good because it saves a baby from being born into poverty. This totally over looks those through out the ages that were born in poverty that not only overcome their circumstances, but went on to contribute to the world in the field of Medicine, law, and literature. The world would have suffered a loss if these people had been killed in the womb.
In order to convince people to love his "god" and not the God of the Bible, Satan has convince people not to read the Bible and to think of the Bible as evil. The Bible says in the last days good will be called evil and evil will be called good. We are living in those days.
As Christians, our hearts are broken when loved ones and friends have not only turn their backs on God but have harden their hearts to the point that they feel disdain and bitterness towards God and His Holy Word. This is when we have to remind ourselves that God did not call us to try to force salvation on others. We cannot save anyone. All we can do is point the way to Jesus the only door to salvation. If they reject salvation, they have rejected God. At this point we continue to pray for them but we have done our part and must step aside. For those who think that hell will be one party this is what the Bible says about hell.

Matthew 13:49-50So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

Revelation 14:9-11New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Mark 9:47-And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where‘Their worm does not dieAnd the fire is not quenched.’[a]

Revelation 20:14-15Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[a] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Romans 3:23-26King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 5:12-21New King James Version (NKJV)

Death in Adam, Life in Christ

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

1 Cor 15:20But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he “has put everything under his feet.”c Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Hell will be such misery that no one will comfort anyone. Everyone will be focused on their own misery. My heart breaks for every person who will go to hell. It is especially sadden me that good people will go to hell. But look at it this way, if a good person was in a burning building and I begged and begged for them to come out and thy refused, a good person would burn to death. Jesus is calling the lost to be saved but good people are refusing the gift of salvation and will go to hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Isaiah 26:3-4
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal."

This evening in the Houston area, more storms are expected. For those who are just now getting the water out of their homes and business this feels like a disaster for them. Feeling secure and peaceful is the last feeling they are thinking. The rest of us are wondering if there are going to tornadoes. There is the fear of the unknown? Will my home be safe? Will my children and I be safe? These feelings are real and cannot be swept under the rug. Hiding your fears or pretending you are not afraid is not the answer.
You take your fears to God. You pray for you and your family's safety. You pray that if a storm does destroy your home that God will give you the grace and peace to survive the turmoil that follows such a disaster. In this life we face many situations where we do not know the answer. Is that lump that appeared on my body, cancer? Are this rumors true that my job is going to end? If we are not careful we can be so overcome with fear that our faith shrinks to the size of mustard seed. Yet, Jesus said with faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains. This does not mean we want to starve our faith, or have weak faith. Before there is a storm on the horizon, before there is a lump, and before there are job rumors, let us build up one another's faith. The Bible say that faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
We hear the Word of God through preaching. We should take every opportunity we can to build up our faith for any coming storm. Only you and God knows where you stand and that is how it should be. Do a check or your heart and ask God where you need to grow and to help you grow strong in Him so that you can stand in the midst of whatever storm the devil brings. Being a Christian doesn't mean that bad things will never happen to us, but it does mean we will not have to go through the storms of life alone. God wants to be with us and to help us. Let us not wait until we are in the midst of the storm to invite Him into our life. If you have not walked with Him on a daily bases then it will be hard to have any faith in the midst of the storms. God is waiting for your invitation. He is not a criminal that will knock down your door and enter uninvited. So invite Him today.
Betty

6 squirrels in the back yard, including one baby squirrel. The woodpecker is destroying one on my feeders, but she is so pretty.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This morning as I did my chores, I noticed how beautiful blue the skies where. The words to a song, I believe my Willing Nelson, I begin to sing in my head.
Blue skies smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies do I see.
Blue skies are a blessing, especially after stormy weather. Our hearts are lifted and as you can see with me, a song fills our heart. When we have gone through a trial, our soul, our spirits, and even our bodies are depleted. At the point God wants to give us a time of refreshing and refilling at His table. After the battle this is not the time to hold on to grudges. This is not the time if ever there is a time to demand answers from God. This IS the time to humble ourselves and go to His Heavenly table and seek to be healed from our battle wounds and be filled from the goodness of God. We can miss out on this by hanging on to anger and pride. This is not the time to compare our battle with others. Wondering why our battle seems to be harder the a fellow believer will get us nowhere. When we come to God in humility then He will wrap His arms of love around us. He will love on us, comfort us, and He will heal our wounds.
Battles prepare us for to step up and work for God in a new area. Battles prepare us for a promotion in our Christian walk with God. But what if we did not past the test? What if we failed? We still come to God, but along with humble heart we seek forgiveness for our failure. God is not going to give up on us. Yes, we may have to go through that same battle in the future. At this point we seek God and His Word so we are better prepared for the battle. In war, soldiers may lose a battle, but they don't pack up their gear and go home. They go back to camp and work on a new strategy to win the battle on another day. It is the same in the Christian war. And my brother and sister, we are at war with the devil. We must prepared our hearts and souls so that we can win against the devil. Th devil is subtle, he creeps in to areas of our hearts I know. Little by little he gets us to compromise on sin. He doesn't start with the big stuff but it is the little foxes the Bible says that destroys the crop. If you could talk to yourself at the age you were 20 years ago, would that you, be shocked at how much compromising you have made about sin? Would that you wondered where the you went that stood by the Word of God went? It is easy to allow the world's opinion about what is right or wrong to influence us. We must remind ourselves that what is political correct today that was a sin in the past is still a sin today. God has not changed His mind and contrary to what liberals are saying the Bible is not evolving. The God of the Bible is going to judge this world and the people on His Word and not on what is political correct. We as Christians need to seek forgiveness and stop worrying about what our friends think of us and worry about what God things of us. When we stand before God, your friends will be no help to you. Let is seek to be Biblical correct. Compromising on who gets what piece of candy is no big deal but compromising on God's Word is a very big deal. May we never forget that! I prayed that God would lead me this morning and this is not where I intended to go, but I must be obedient to God. If my words hurt your feelings then seek forgiveness and comfort at the feet of Jesus. Let us in all things seek the will of God.
Betty
A bluejay has come to visit along with some squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thank you, for encouraging me.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement