Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 14)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 14, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

We live in a world, were many have no hope or have lost hope. Some children are born in this Country, in poverty, to parents who have lost hope and the children themselves are growing up believing there is no hope for them. This is producing a generation of children who are angry with their circumstances and at the Country they think has failed them. In Chicago we see a city where politicians are elected on their promises and who get rich themselves while their city and people grow poorer. The politicians place the blame on others while they do nothing to rebuild the city, care for the children, and revive hope in the hearts of the people. Instead of building up the people and encouraging hope, they are encouraging anger and bitterness in the people. At the bottom of this is the real problem and that is sin.

Chicago is not alone with the sin of anger and bitterness. People of all races are frustrated and angry that politicians are not fixing America. The truth there is no political party or person who can fix America.
Only our Country's leaders and the people falling on our knees and seeking forgiveness of our sins, would fix America. This does not mean we as Christians are to give up. We pray for Christian leaders in troubled cities that are working to reach the loss. We pray for politicians to open their eyes to the truth of this Country's great need of God.

As children of God, we know our hope is in Him. This world will one day have their "savior" who will have the power to do great things. He will come in peace, but he will not be a man of peace. He will claim to be able to save the world, but he will bring great evil to this world. This man will be controlled by the devil and will hate Israel and Christians. The Bible says because the world rejected Jesus, they will be given a strong delusion and will welcome this person and love him. He will steal the souls of everyone around the globe who receives the mark of the beast. God in His mercy gave the Apostle John what is going to happen in the tribulation. God even told John when you see Israel sign a 7 year peace agreement with this person, you will know the tribulation has began. Read The Book Of The Revelations in The Bible and you will know the truth of what is coming to this world of sin.

We do not have to be here for the tribulation. If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior and Lord and have turned from our sins we will be saved. Those who are saved, will escape the tribulation and be taken up to Heaven in the rapture. We as God's children have the blessed hope which is the rapture.

As we wait for the time of grace to end, we live every day for Jesus. We pray for the lost and as much as it is in our power we help those in need. We do not need to live in fear. We trust God to take care of us. Whether we live to see the rapture or taken to God, in death, we need not fear. We serve a God that spoke the universe into existence and yet He takes note when a little sparrow falls. God is not going to forget His children nor lose tract of them. He is with us all the time. Our hope in not in feeble men and women who are often driven by selfish desires, but a God who sent His Son to die for our sins.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 13, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Matthew 24:37-39King James Version (KJV)37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

If you are afflicted with a chronic disease or disability, you are hit with it as soon as you wake up. You do not have to leave a note to remind yourself of the issues with your body. Unlike your symptoms that remind us that are body has problems, we do not have an alarm clock that tells us the day that Jesus is coming back for His children. The verse above reminds us that when Jesus comes back every day will seem to be the same ordinary day. On the other hand, Jesus tells us that we can know the season. Just as a farmer knows when to plant and when to harvest, we can know by the signs of time when Jesus is coming back.

Ten years ago, Schools had no need to prepare for students who considered themselves transgender or gender fluid. These are the signs that the devil has stepped up his game. These things should remind Christians that we are living in the last days. This does not mean we quit our jobs and take our families out to the dessert to wait for Jesus to return. We prepare for a future on our earth but we live for Jesus every day as if it was our last day on earth.

An angel is not going to come to you and whisper that today is the last day that you can do anything for the Kingdom of God. This said, we work every day as if it is the last day to work for Jesus. Whether Jesus comes tomorrow or twenty years from now, every day that we work for Jesus is not only a plus for now, but we are earning rewards for eternity in Heaven. This does not mean our motives are to be rewards. Our motives should be to shine for the God who sent His Son to live, die, and rise again, for our salvation.
We should work for God because we love Him.

As we draw closer to Jesus, our hearts long for His return. This does not mean our loved for our families has began to fade, no it is, as our love for our families grows, that our desire for them to be saved grows stronger. When we wake up each morning, we should pray that God will use us for His glory. We should pray every day for our lost loved one, friends, and lost souls around the world. Jesus is coming for His own, may He find us working and looking up for His return and not caught up in the tares of the world.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 12, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Every day the family of God is increasing. Souls from every Nation are being saved. God is reaching souls with visions, internet, Christian radio, and TV. There are revivals all over this world in the hearts of men and women. The news media talks about all the world conflicts and there is no doubt that we are living in an age that the wrong move could start WWIII, yet it is in these times that Jesus is saving souls in every Nation.

We still live in a Country with Religious freedom, not as much as in the past, but we can still choose where to worship. We should be praying every day for lost souls around the world. We should support missions and organizations that are sending people at their own peril, to share the Gospel. We should prayer for those in harm's way for the sake of the cross. We should pray for these new baby Christians. Of course we should be rejoicing as the family of God grows. Every new soul saved is important and our hearts should glow with love for them.

While it is right to love our Country, stand up for the National Anthem, and give respect and love to our present and former military; our hope is in God. We pray that God will guide our leaders to make the right decisions, but we remember God has a plan. We trust Him to protect us while He works out His plans for this world. There is a lot of uncertainty and no one knows what is going to happen, but God, we should not fear but trust in the God who loves us. Whether we live our die, if we have repented and accepted Jesus' gift of salvation, God is with us. Our hope is in the God of Heaven.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 11, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

This morning as I went to clean the birdbath , I could not find the rag I keep outside, just for that purpose. After I gave the birdbath a good power washer and went to turn off the water, I found the rag. At that point I found the rag, I even remember the circumstances of why I put it where I did. God knew mankind was prone to forget before He even made him.

There are many times in the Bible that prophets made a small mountain out of rocks to remind themselves and the people of the work God did for them. These rocks were to remind their ancestors also of the miracles God had done for God's people. We no longer build rock piles to remind ourselves but we can do as David said and encourage our self in the Lord. We do this when we remind ourselves of the hard roads that God got us through. The miracles that God brought about in our lives.

When we remind ourselves of past victories, we build up faith in our hearts so that we can trust God today. When the devil tells us that God doesn't care about us, we remind him of all the times God has shown His love for us. God was with us in the past and He is with us today. God has not lost any of His power and He still knows all. The trials of the past are what made us be what we are today. Just as it takes physical exercise to grow a strong body, it takes spiritual exercise to grow, spiritually.

We have an advantage over the people of Moses. We have a copy of the Bible that shows us the miracles of the past including the birth of Israel. We have the Bible, that teaches us why Jesus chose to die for our sins. We have the future of the world as told by God to John of what the future holds for this world, Christians and sinners.

We can rest easily, knowing that if God was to call us home today, whether by accident or the rapture, we would be welcomed into Heaven by the God, who loves us more then anybody. We can live each day at peace. The troubles we have and the worries we have we can take to Jesus every day. We ask each day for God to give us a measure of hope and peace to get us through each day.

We may have to hunt for our keys and cell phone when we leave the house, but we do not have to search for God. When we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, He put His Holy Spirit in our hearts so that we have God with us all the time. The question is not : "Is God going to be with me today?" The question is: "will I take time to talk with God and praise Him?" We should pray everyday that we will live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. When we fall down and we will, we are not to blame others for our sins but, ask God for forgiveness.

Betty
Saw a dove yesterday, drinking out of the bird bath.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 10, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

1Corinthians 15:52New King James Version (NKJV)52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

When the rapture takes place, there will be no fear for the children of God. Immediately our bodies will change into glorified bodies. In our glorified bodies we will know no fear, pain, or sadness. Our new bodies will experience joy that our old bodies would not have been able to comprehend. When Moses spent 40 days with God in the mountain, his face changed so much that the people were afraid to look upon him.

Exodus 34:35New King James Version (NKJV)35 And whenever the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone, then Moses would put the veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with Him.

Being with God changes us. I have known great ladies that have spent so much time with God that their faces were radiant with God's love. Being with them warmed your heart and convicted you of sin. There should be a change in us, when our relationship with God, is where we should be. We should be angry when we are with someone who uses God's Name as a cuss word.
Our hearts should burn with righteous anger that someone would treat the God of Heaven and our closest friend in such a undignified manner. Are we too comfortable with profanity? Do we find crude tasteless jokes to be amusing? An answer of yes, should make us step back and do a self examination of our self . Does the Holy Spirit glow come through our face? Are we one person in front of fellow Christians and another person with our friends? If any of these are true in your life pray David's prayer:

Psalm 139:23-24New King James Version (NKJV)23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;Try me, and know my anxieties;24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,And lead me in the way everlasting.

I am not saying we will ever be sinless, in our corruptible bodies. That is impossible. Yet, there is heart problems, if we become too comfortable being around those who belittle our Savior, use His Name in vain, tell jokes that should embarrass us. There is an old saying that if they arrested Christians, would there be enough evidence to convict us? If the answer is no, we should be ashamed. As God's children we should be different. Our language, our manner, and yes even our jokes should be different. Laughing is not a sin but laughing at jokes that are counterproductive to the principles of Christ is a sin.

Romans 12:2New King James Version (NKJV)2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Let us not be be the type of person that sinners say: She goes to Church, BUT.............
she doesn't act like a Christian. (God forbid). Or she talks just like us (oH My!!) or her jokes are as bad as ours (WOW). We do not want to fit right in with sinners.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18King James Version (KJV)14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Let others see Jesus in us. How can they see Jesus in us if we are trying to hard to fit in with the devil and his crew? God forbid!, that it be said of us, that she acts and talks like us! by people who do not have a relationship with Jesus. Let us pray that God will search our heart and make known to us our sins so that we can repent and turn away from sin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 9, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

It's 6:35 and hubby and I have not been able to go to sleep. He is totally frustrated but I am at peace. I have come to the conclusion that God has a reason for everything, even sleepless nights. Even when sleep evades us, we can rest peaceful, knowing that God is in control. I can count my blessings. I have a comfortable bed, hubby and a dog and two cats to keep me company. I have family that I love dearly. I am blessed. When we concentrate on what we have and not what we wish we have, we will be in contentment .

Someone posted a Chinese fortune cookie that had a saying that God will give you everything that you want. Well meaning, but a lie. God never promised everything we want. We do not even need everything we think we want. God does provide our needs. Rich people are rarely happy. They are always striving to get richer. Sadly many times, they spend so much time getting richer that they hardly know their own kids, nor there mate. Children need two parents who are there for them. Children don't need rooms full of stuff.

To often people cross over a moral if not legal line to get richer. People step on top of others to get up another rung on the so called ladder of success. I saw a car commercial talking about how bad it is to just to have a good life and a good mate. Of course they were pushing a luxury car. It is nice to have a nice car to get us back and forth, but an expensive car is not an necessity. When we are our death bed, it will be our relationship with God, family, and friends that is important. An expensive car and a house will be meaningless, then.

Look around at what you have and thank your loving Heavenly Father who loves you so much. We are indeed blessed children of God. Be grateful and appreciative children. Love God and share His love with others.
Betty

Blessed to see a family of doves and a squirrel in back yard, today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 8, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

I had trouble sleeping last night because of pain. This morning though when I woke up, I found myself singing to my self the Choruses "Joy Unspeakable" and "Give me oil in my Lamp". Even though I feel weak and tired this morning, my heart is over filled with joy. The Bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. This is true. Singing praises to God even it is just a whisper like I had to do this morning because of the COPD, sustains us and gives us physical, emotional, and spiritual strength. When we praise God from our hearts, He meets us in our needs.

We need not find motivation for a grateful heart. All we have to do is remember the great price Jesus paid for our salvation. As we walk and talk with Jesus, our hearts will burn with the desire to give praises to our God and King. We can shout out: "What A Mighty God, We Serve!" from the innermost part of our spirit. Our joy will overflow as we praise His Holy Name.

Paul and Silas sang songs of praise to God, shackled in prison. We can surely praise God in the midst of our circumstances. As I often say, happiness is a emotion that comes and go, but joy is a deep expression of our love for Jesus. We can be joyful in sickness and in pain. We can be joyful when we are walking in the valley. The "God of the Mountain", is indeed God of the valleys. We do not walk the dark valleys of life alone. Jesus is always with us and in those moments when we are overwhelmed, we can can call out to Jesus.

In the midst of your situation, pray for others. Comfort yourself in the Lord. Pray for guidance and peace for yourself and others.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 7, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Have you ever attempted to read God's Holy Word and your mind doesn't seem to stay focused? Or start to pray and the next thing you know you draw a blank. Sometimes our prayer is quiet time sitting before the Father. When our mind and mouth won't function as it should, we can ask God to read our hearts and we can allow the Holy Spirit to pray through us. Sometime we can pray with out saying a word. Allowing God to search our hearts as we wait upon Him in silence.

The Holy Spirit lives in us and He knows us better then we do ourselves. Not only does He know our sins, but He knows of our needs. We can safely put our trust in the Holy Spirit speaking to God of our needs. The communication between the Holy Spirit and Father God is perfect for they are part of the same Godhead.

There are times that our need is rest. Our minds can be overwhelmed with fear of the known and the unknown. We find perfect peace just resting before God. When we surrender and be silent we can allow the Holy Spirit to speak for us, we can find that peace. There are times that we need to stop trying to fix things and allow God to work through us. Other times we need to lay our lost loved ones and friends at Jesus feet. While God has instructed us to share the Gospel, He did not call us to save people. When we stop worrying about the lost and allow God to work, we will find peace. While we should pray for one another and often, we need not beg God for answers to our petitions. Lay your petitions at Jesus feet and trust Him to work in His perfect timing.

We see things going on in the world that does cause us distress. We see sinful things that cause our heart to tremble. These are the days when we need more time in the presence of Jesus. These are the days that we need pray for oil in our lamps enough for today and tomorrow. Let us be like the wise virgins prepared and waiting for the trumpet to sound.

Keep your eyes on the skies. Jesus is coming soon!
Betty

Romans 8:26“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 6, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

I did not feel well this morning, so I did not make it to Church. Yet I still feel His presence. Where ever we are, we can feel God's presence. What a blessing to know that God will come to us in our need!
In the midst of our needs we can rejoice because our Heavenly Father makes Himself, real to us. When you have a relationship with Jesus, you do not have to hope that God is with you. You feel His presence as close to you as your next breath.

Whether we are ill or going through a variety of different trials, we can rejoice in the love of Jesus. The more we rejoice and praise our Savior and Lord, the more at peace, we feel. God has not promised a life lying in a bed of roses and yet we can be joyful and at peace , when we keep our faith in Jesus. We have to choose to live in contentment . The devil loves to convince us we need more things to be happy. Things bring only temporary happiness, until the next new thing comes around.

The more God blesses us, the more we should praise God. When we go through a dry spell stay committed to Christ. Do not be a child of God who only serves God when we get what we want. Trust Him in lean and fat times. Be faithful and grateful children of God. When you overwhelmed pray and ask God to help you. Ask your friends and Church family to pray for you. Remind yourself of the many times God has been there for you. Praise God for being there for you in the past and ask Him to be with you in the present. Remind yourself of your future in Heaven.

May God bless you and your family.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August, 5, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Colossians 4:5-6King James Version (KJV)5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Ever since the first day I started my blog, God has guided me to speak from my heart and revealing myself through these pages. God has allowed me to be open about what is going on through my life and yet at the same time, He has protected me from feeling shame. There are some side effects of colitis I do not share here for the reader and the writers sake. To do so would cause me humiliation and disgust the reader. I have learned to accept my situation and God in His grace to me has always limited these situations to my home and not allowed me to be humiliated in public. Even in the throes of a humiliating and humbling disease God has protected me.

While I try very hard to be discreet here, in the real world, I have sinned on more then one occasion by allowing my enthusiasm in reaching lost souls to cause me to speak harshly and speak publicly what I ought not to. It is one thing to share one's own struggle but we must be careful not to expose another person's sin and their private struggle, publicly. We can apologize, but only God can heal relationships that we have ripped the fabric with our very words. I have suffered and I should have as a daily reminder to know when to hold my tongue.

There are times that we cannot reach a lost soul personally, because we are too close to them. Anything we say will come out as criticism and harsh. This does not mean that we give up on them. We go to God daily, and we pray for our lost loved ones. We place them in God's hands and we pray that God will send their way someone they will listen to.

We must be very careful in our speech. The devil likes to take our enthusiasm to reach lost souls and cause us to speak harshly and our words to be filled with judgement. We are not called to judge others and we must step back when we feel the emotion of anger coming into our words. When God does call us to speak the truth, pray diligently that we will speak the truth in love. There will be other times that God will instruct us to be silent. Never stop praying for our lost loved ones and friends, but be careful so that you do not push them further from God.

The closer we get to the end of the Age of Grace, it will become more tempting to want to grab sinners and drag them to the altar. We must resist for a person drug to the altar against their will, will not experience salvation. Every one must come to Christ freely and willingly. Never stop praying but ask God to help you season your words with grace and to know when to speak and when to keep silent. This lesson was a painful lesson for me. Please allow my experience to help you learn without the pain. We must remember we CAN trust God to do the right thing. When we put our loved ones and friends in God's hands we can pray without fear. We can put complete trust in our Heavenly Father who loves us so much.

Betty

Seen less birds and squirrels because it is so hot. They feed much earlier then I get up. Ironically, I see a lot of birds in the Walmart parking lot. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 4, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

A bad night last night, with stomach cramps and fever. This morning sick so I went back to bed. Just because we are God's children does not mean we do not get sick. It is when we trust God even through sickness and disease, that we have peace. Often we have to stop asking why, and say to God for Him to have His will in our lives. Even in the midst of the night when one is too sick to sleep, we can still praise God, if we submit to His authority. There is joy in the midst of the storm when we go with God's plan and stop fighting against Him.

God has a reason for everything. Contrary to the world's view, God did not create mankind and then leave them to go on an extended vacation. Nor are we chess pieces that God throws into situations for the pleasure of watching mankind suffer. There is a reason for our suffering. In the midst of our suffering, the Holy Spirit living in us, will comfort us, if ask Jesus for comfort. The stronger the waves and rain beats against us, the more we need to seek God's face. Do not give into the temptation to move away from God when we are in a storm but draw closer to our Heavenly Father. When it seems like the storms of life will overcome us, cry out to Jesus. Praise His Name in the storm, pray for others in the midst of your own suffering, and remind yourself of the prize before us. In Heaven there will be no disease and no suffering.
Betty

I saw a black bird yesterday standing on the patio table.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 3, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday

THE DOWNFALL OF LOT

How did Lot go from a man who walked with Abraham a faithful man of God, who became the Father of Israel, into a man who offered up his virgin daughters for sacrifice to save, himself? His dissent into sin did not happen over night.

Genesis 19:8King James Version (KJV)8 Behold now, I have
two daughters which have not known man; let
me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do
ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto
these men do nothing; for therefore came they
under the shadow of my roof.

Abraham and Lot and their families and live stock traveled awhile together. Lot had the
example of Abraham who walked and talked with God and yet, Lot did not choose to seek the
face of God or the righteousness of God. When the land became to small for the blessings that
God had given both Lot and Abraham, they agreed to go their separate ways.

Genesis 13:8-138 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there

be no strife, I pray thee, between me and

thee, and between my herdmen and thy

herdmen; for we be brethren.9 Is not the

whole land before thee? separate thyself, I

pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left

hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou

depart to the right hand, then I will go to the

left.10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered

every where, before the Lord destroyed

Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the Lord, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest

unto Zoar.11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the

other.12 Abram dwelled in the land of

Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the

plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners

before the Lord exceedingly.

We see here Lot was greedy and chose the best land for himself. He did not think
about that he would not even be on the journey, if Abraham had not invited him. Nor
did he remind himself that the blessings from God came because of Abraham. He
chose the best land for himself.
In verse 12, we see that he pitched his tent toward Sodom and not in the midst of
Sodom. How did he end up living in the sinful city? Was it greed? Did he become
even richer living in the city of sin?

Genesis 14: 9 With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations,
and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.10 And
the vale of Siddim was full of slimepits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled,
and fell there; and they that remained fled to the mountain.11 And they took all the
goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way.12 And they
took Lot, Abram's brother's son, who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods, and departed.
13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt
in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these
were confederate with Abram.14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken
captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and
eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.15 And he divided himself against them, he
and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which
is on the left hand of Damascus.16 And he brought back all the goods, and also
brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

Even when Lot and his family were taken captive and had to be rescued by

Abraham, he did not come to his senses and take his family and flee the evil city.

Choosing to stay in the city. We do not know why but it is safe guess that he loved

the wealth the city offered and maybe even the party nature of the city. Sodom was

evil and homosexuality was great in that city and as the Bible shows, even men

raping men was a regular happening. Why do I say that? When the men stormed

Lot's door to drag out the angels to rape them, Lot was not surprised by their actions. He knew their appetite for sin was great and Lot would not be able to stop them. In his selfishness

he offered up his own virgin daughters as a sacrifice. Through his years in Sodom,

Lot had become evil and more greedy.

It was only God's love for Abraham, that God saved Lot and his family, though

Lot's wife's love for the lifestyle of Sodom was so great that she lost her life turning

back for the city. The story ends with Lot when his own daughters got him drunk

and has sex with him so they could have children. They had not been taught by Lot

to love and trust in God. So they did not trust in God to bring them righteous men

for husbands.

We can learn from Lot. Do not pitch your tent to close to sin. Do not take

yourself and your family into the midst of sin. Do not be seduced by the glamor of

sin. You cannot pick and choose your fellow employees, but you can choose who

you bring in to your own home. If you have parties in your home with people who

use God's Name in vain, your children will grow up thinking that is acceptable. If your friends use drugs in front of your kids, your kids will think drug use is acceptable.

Choose to walk and talk with those who love the Lord. Run from sin and do not allow your heart to begin to accept sin as normal behavior. We do not have to be remembered as a person like Lot, whose greed and acceptance of sin, destroyed
his family.

Let us choose to walk as close to God a we can and stay away from sin

as much as we can. Pray for those caught up in sin.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 2, 2017

Luke 15:10King James Version (KJV)10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

I was sharing with someone that a young man who had been a crack head, as he referred to himself, had become a Christian and clean from drug use, had purchased an old abandoned crack house. He now used it as an outreach to reach those who are addicted to crack, for Jesus. I cannot remember the exact response I got from this person, but their attitude was "what does that have to do with me?".

We may shake our head at this response, but are we at times guilty of this same attitude? When someone tells us that one or two people got saved, at their Church last Sunday, what is our attitude ?
Do we say :"praise the Lord from our heart" or do we say: "that's nice"? When a Missionary comes to our Church and shares His praise in the work God has done through his Ministry, do we yawn casually and dismiss what he shared? The Bible says angels rejoice at a lost soul coming to Jesus for redemption?

I shared before how we can be guilty of not grieving over lost souls. We can also be guilty of not rejoicing over those who turn from their sins and accept Jesus as their Savior. God forbid that we have the attitude of when someone we know either in real life or who is a public person, professes their faith in Christ, that we wonder "How long will that conversion will last?" Yes sadly it is true that there are those who pretend to being a Christian because it is helpful in their line of work to be so. It is not our job to second guess another person's heart.

I heard a joke about a woman who went to Heaven, as she walked the streets of gold with Jesus, she would point out people and tell Jesus that she was surprised that different ones were in Heaven. Then she ask Jesus why everyone was so quiet. Jesus answered her "Hush, child, they are all in shock that you are here." Truth is we will be shocked to see that some who had what we thought were huge Ministries on earth will not be in Heaven. They became rich off of sharing the Gospel with others but had rejected it personally. On the other hand their will be those we did not know that they were saved, that will be there.

We should pray for Ministries big and small. We should pray for Ministries all over the earth, especially those in areas of conflict and areas where it is dangerous to share the Gospel of Christ. My we rejoice at the news of a soul coming to Jesus for redemption!

What does it mean to us when one soul comes to Christ? It means that God is still saving lost souls and our family of God has grown one new family member.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 1, 2017

I woke up to the dog barking at the man doing our little yard. The heat is making it impossible for me to mow with this COPD. As I was waiting on him to pay him, I saw a male a little older then me walking three dogs. Two men pulled over in a truck right in front of him. I could feel the fear in him from a distance and I watch those two men like a hawk. The men turned out to be measuring out the lot and the man with the dog went on his way.

This reminded me that God knows everything. He doesn't have to guess when a person comes up to us if the person has bad or good intentions. He knows the heart of every man, woman, and child. So why does God allow bad things to happen to us. He allows every body freedom of choice but sometimes He steps in and stops the evil from happening and sometimes He allows the evil to happen. This is one of many questions we will only find out in Heaven. Remember our relationship is based on faith.

This does not give us a right to judge others on why bad things happen to people. A friend of mine, had a friend who must have be an ancestor of Job's friends. Her friend told her that she is very ill because she is not close enough to God. Outrageous! How dare we ever judge another's closeness to God! Are any of us close enough to God? Are any us at a perfect place spiritually? Do we really know why some people get bad illness and others do not?

I have mentioned that I would have never starting writing a blog if I had not been so sick with colitis for almost 2 years. I am blessed that people read my blog and write positive things which encourage me, but I am not tempted to think better of myself because the side effects of colitis are quite humbling. They are also a reminder that God is working through me and I am not any thing special. Yes, it would be great if God healed me and I have prayed for that, but by faith I can work through this disease for the Kingdom of God.

We pray for one another and it is right to pray for healing for ourselves and others. We should also pray that if God chooses to heal us in Heaven rather then on earth that He will sustain us so that we can bear our burdens with grace and faith. We do not judge another person's spirituality for any reason. If we see someone weak in the faith, we only talk to God about that person. We do not condemn them nor do we gossip about them.

Let us encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ and love and pray for them. Our job is not to heap judgement or discouragement on one another. Yes we should warn of Preachers or Teachers who are teaching falsely. This is for the protection of the flock. Even then, we speak in love and if our warning is refused, we walk away from the situation and we pray that God will open their eyes. Remember they are rejecting God's truth and not us personally.

We all have our burdens. Some of us are afflicted with more then one diseases. Others deal with financial or martial stress. Some people deal with depression and loneliness. We are all suffering. We are not living in Heaven. We are living in a sinful world, because we are God's Children, the devil will fight us and afflict us, but we find comfort in our Savior, Jesus Christ. He will walk the roads of sickness with us. Whatever our burdens we bear, we are not alone. Everything we bear now will be worth it all when we see Jesus face. When the devil uses people to judge us based on our health or circumstances, go to God and seek His comfort and grace.

We can stay positive throughout anything because we know the future. We do not know tomorrow but we know as saved and redeemed through the precious blood of Jesus, we know our salvation is bought and paid for and with that a ticket in to Heaven's Gates. We can live in peace in the midst of pain and affliction, because we can look ahead to an eternity with Jesus, where there will be no sickness and no death. We live in the Hope of Glory.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2017

My dog is laying on the back of the couch, peacefully. She doesn't know that in a little while, she will be taken to the veterinary clinic for her rabies shot, heart worm test, and nails clipped. If she did, she would not be so calm. God did not leave His children, unaware of our future and the future of this world.
We are told that the last days will be like the days of Noah and Sodom. That people will laugh and ridicule the idea that Jesus is coming back for His Bride.

2 Peter 3:3“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,”

The people of today, have more knowledge then the people of Noah's day. They had never seen rain before. The plants were watered by the morning dew. Yet, God did give them a warning. For a 100 years as Noah built the ark, he preached to the people of the coming flood. Noah was ridiculed and laughed at, but laughing stopped, when the rain started.

The Bible tells us that when Jesus returned to Heaven that, He was caught up in the clouds in the air.
The angels spoke to the disciples:

Acts 1:11King James Version (KJV)11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

They were told that one day Jesus would come back on a cloud and call for His Church to join, Him in the clouds. Just as in Noah's day, most people will not believe until the rapture and the Bride of Christ is gone.Their belief will be short, because God says because mankind refuse to believe in Jesus, they will be allowed to believe a lie from Satan.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12King James Version (KJV)10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We are still living in the Age of Grace. We are still filled with hope. We still continue to share the love of Christ and we pray earnestly for the loss to come to the Ark of Salvation. We do not have to be like my dog, blinded by what is happening in a bit. We can study God's Word and know the truth for ourselves. Jesus is still tenderly calling the lost souls to come to Him for salvation and redemption. We are not suppose to live in fear of the future. Jesus says come to Him for salvation and when the terrible day of judgment comes on this earth, we will be safe in His presence in Heaven's Gates. We who are children of God are not to live in fear but to know without a doubt, that Jesus is coming soon, for His Own.

When we think of the joys of Heaven, our hearts should overflow with victory. Every day live for God and pray for the lost souls, that more will come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2017

At my age, it can be tempting to wonder why it has taken so long for Jesus to come back. I studied about end times, the first time in 1974 and here it is 2017. This does not mean Jesus has forgotten His promise to come back for us. The song Midnight Cry talks about the rapture being closer then it has ever been and that is the truth. Whether Jesus comes back this year or a 100 years from now, it is still closer to the rapture then it was in 1974.

How do we live with the uncertainty? We make plans, like we have twenty years to live but we keep our spiritual health, like He is coming today. There is no going off and sowing wild oats, thinking we have plenty of time. We honestly do not know how much time we have. We are not promised tomorrow. There were many people who got up yesterday with plans for today, that did not live to see this morning's sunrise.
That is not mean we are to live in fear. We live trusting God and we serve Him every day, faithfully and cheerfully. We are grateful for every day and we stay spiritually ready to face Jesus every day.

One day the clouds will part and Jesus will call His children home. Until then we live in a way that makes Him proud of us. We share His love to those around us and those we come in contact with. We rejoice in every day that is giving to us, for it is a gift from God. We make every day count for God and for our family. We make a point to let those we love know that we love them. We forgive those who have offended us and we seek forgiveness from God daily for our sins. In other words we live every day ready to face Jesus.
Be blessed and bless others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2017

As I look at this page and my mind is a blank wondering what would God would have me to say, and one word stands out: mercy. God's mercy has been shining on mankind since He created Adam. He knew Adam and Eve would sin and yet in His love and mercy, He still created them. Even when He judged the earth in the flood, He had Noah share the warning to the people for 100 years that it took to build the ark. Even in mankind's horrible sin, He provided away of escape for the people. Instead of heeding the warning, they made fun of Noah.

We are living in the last days of grace and in the days of Noah that Jesus talked about. People have more access to the Word of God and preaching then ever. The internet and TV has many Preachers. In Countries where the internet is controlled by the government, reports have come out, how God is giving visions to people showing them the way of salvation. Sin is as just as bad as in the days of Noah and Sodom and yet God is still calling out to people to come to Jesus for salvation. His mercy is going forth around the globe giving people a chance to be saved. God's great mercy is still going forth and He is still calling sinners to salvation.

The days of grace are coming to an end. This is not to depress you, but a fact. This is a call to pray more for the lost and take comfort that God will soon send Jesus to come and get His children. Rejoice my friend that we serve a God whose abundant mercy is shine on mankind every day. This is not the time to give up or feel sorry for ourselves but to work hard to do our best for our Heavenly Father and to praise Him daily for His great mercy and tender love towards His children.

Betty

Luke 21:28New King James Version (NKJV)28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2017

I was still awake until 6 this morning and so was hubby. My sleep cycle seems to be upside down. Sometimes our spiritual health can be off center. We can be influenced by TV and radio Preachers who, themselves have lost their way. Other times, depression or illness can influence us into thinking God doesn't care for us as much as He used to. God's love for us is steady and strong. He doesn't have a bad day where He just decides to take a day off and forget about His children. His love for us is not measured by our goodness or how much we do for Him that day. If we needed to be good to be saved, Heaven would just have Angels and God living there.

We know we are saved by grace, but sometimes the devil convinces us that God only cares about us when we reach a level of acceptability. No one will be in Heaven because they were acceptable more days then bad. We are all saved by grace and it is God's grace that keeps us saved. We can never earn our way to Heaven. Lay aside the notion that if we work hard enough we can enter Heaven. Only the blood of Jesus opens the gates of Heaven. It is God's grace that saves us and it is God's grace that keeps us saved.

We work for God not to make Him love us more, but because we love Him. When you are at the store, you often pick up that goodie that your kids or mate loves. Not because they have been extra nice but because of your love for them. Jesus love for us, caused Him to leave Heaven and live on earth and die for us. Now that He is back in Heaven, His love for us is what makes Him willing to forgive our sins and love us even on days when we are unlovely.

We will never earn entrance into Heaven but working for God does earn us crowns that we can lay at the feet of Jesus. As James the Apostle says faith with out works is dead. It is privilege to work for God.
Be blessed and remember salvation is not about being perfect but doing your best for the God that loved you enough to send His Son to die for you.

Betty
It has been so hot that the birds are hiding in the trees from the heat.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

This afternoon we drive in to Houston to the VA for a four hour appointment. It is going to be a long day and drive there and back and I am not looking forward to it. I found myself grumbling to myself, about it and then felt a tug at my heart that I should be grateful that hubby is getting his eyes fixed. I am not always grateful for the many things God does in my life. We can be guilty of taking for granted our blessings , kinda of like not appreciate the water out of the tap, until the water company has to turn it off for a couple of hours for work issues. We are blessed in America to have many things that people in foreign Countries do not have. We should praise God for our many blessings and pray for those who do not have them.

As we get older we begin to have health issues, but we must remind ourselves of the many years that we were healthy. Old age is just a time that we slow down a little and enjoy nature more, it is not a curse.
Our blessings do not end because we turn 65. We are just in a new phase of our lives. God is still with is and He can still use for His Glory. We can rejoice in more time to pray and more time to travel if we are healthy enough.

What ever phase we are in life, we can find things to be grateful for and enjoy. God is good to us and He does want us to have joy in our lives. Even as time grows shorter we can praise God and rejoice in His love and kindness. We look forward to Heaven with great anticipation but we can still find grace and joy in every day we live here. God still has work for us to do so don't give up on life.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Psalm 37:4King James Version (KJV)4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Parents remember the times that their children were little and leaning to walk and talk. We found delight in watching them taking their first steps and saying mama and daddy. Watching them grow and learn was a great pleasure for us. We can find delight in the Lord, by studying His Word and talking to Him daily. It is not a giant leap to think that just as parents find delight in their children, that God seeing us grow in Him is delighted, too.

Growing spiritually is excited for us and God. Spiritual growth comes with danger. The more we grow, the more we are under attack from Satan and his demons. Just as a toddler takes a few steps and falls, we often take a few steps spiritually and fall. Like the toddler we shed a few tears. The toddler doesn't give up on walking because they fall. We should not give up in spiritual growth because we fall.

There may be a temptation to stay a baby Christian all of our life, thinking we are out of the devil sights, that way. Staying a baby Christian makes us more vulnerable to every false Gospel that comes our way. We are more apt to believe in any popular lie the devil is serving on his table of treats. Yes, spiritual growth comes at a cost, but when we grow we are less likely to be sidetracked by every "new" teaching the devil is promoting. The more we grow, the more God can use us for His Glory. The more we allow God to use us, the more our hearts fill us with God's joy. When we meet Jesus we want to hear Jesus say that we were good and faithful. We do not want Him to look at us sadly and say that we were spiritually the same as we were the day we got saved 20 plus years ago. What a heartbreaking thought!

Spiritual growth comes from obedience to God, allowing Him to work through us, and trusting in Him. Just as it takes years to grow from a baby to an adult, spiritual growth doesn't happen over night. Let us, God's Children stay committed to God in all things. Let prayers and praise be on our lips. When fears come our way and they will, call out to Jesus. There is victory in Jesus. Rejoice in His love for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Hebrews 4:16King James Version (KJV)16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Did you notice that this does not say ask the Pastor to pray or someone who is really respected in the Church to pray? Of course there is nothing wrong with asking the Pastor and Prayer Warriors to pray for us. We just need to remember that God hears our prayers the same way He hears Rev. Billy Graham. He does not sit in an office only hearing prayers of those who are famous or seem to us as cream of the crop.
He hears all of our prayers. He sent His Son to die for everyone, not just the famous and the popular. The man and woman who clean the Church or just as important to God as the one who Preaches from the pulpit. We come come boldly to the Throne, not because of our special gifts or our role in the Church, but because we are saved and redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus. We should share our prayer request with one another and it is a privilege to pray for each other. We are blessed when someone ask us to say a prayer for them and doubly blessed when we actually pray on their behalf.

There will be times that we feel as if our prayers are hitting the ceiling and going no further. It is often when we are in severe need that Satan torments us the most. It is then, more then ever, that we should call on one another to ask them to pray. Knowing others are praying for us, strengthens our faith and fills our heart with love, knowing that others care about us. Never feel ashamed for asking for prayers. There is joy in knowing God hears our prayers and at the same time many others are praying for us. The knowledge that God loves us and hears our prayers as much as others is icing on the cake.

Rejoice in the knowledge that all God's children are loved by God. We are all special to Him. We can find peace in the midst of our storm and know that not only is God making away of escape, but that He is using the storm for our own good. If we trust in God we will come out of the storm spiritually stronger and Blessed from having been through the storm. We are victorious in Jesus. Never forget that! When the devil makes us feel so worthless, remind him of his reward for his evil, in the lake of fire. Also remind him, that our worth is not in self but in our redemption through Jesus Christ.

Betty
Fed the birds late this morning there were sure chirping. Don't know if they were excited that I was finally feeding them or fussing because I was late 😜

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2017

I have been told that I only write gloom and doom. First of all, I pray every day that God will give me the right words to say. Second it is obvious we are living in the last days.

2 Timothy 3:1-4King James Version (KJV)3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;King James Version (KJV)Public Domain

In my 65 years of life, I have never seen such hatred, after a Presidential elections. We have seen Congressman at a public meeting shooting the finger at President Trump. We have see women wearing hats and costumes that resemble private body parts. We have seen Actors call for the execution of our President. A female politician said that if American women need to be raped to pacify the Muslims, so be it.

Muslim refugees we brought over here to America for their protection are now protesting in the streets against the Country, who did so much for them. Muslims who left their own Countries out of fear or now demanding America, become a Muslim Nation.

Teenagers watching a disabled man drown and doing nothing about it. Teenagers attacking the elderly for fun and even killing many. Are we living in the last days? Yes, indeed we are! Mothers and Dads murdering their own children. Children killing parents. People have no respect for our flag or our President.

This does not mean we crawl in our beds and wait for the rapture. We live every day at the fullest that we can. We work for God at the best of our abilities. We enjoy our families and share God's love with those we meet.

Yes, we feel sorrowful at the way the world is going and the way people are becoming more Godless every day, so we pray for lost souls. We take joy in the soon return of Jesus, as we should, but that doesn't mean we can not find pleasure in our life. We enjoy our families and our friends. We take pleasure in the beauty of nature. Sunsets, flowers, animals and birds are all put here by God for His children to enjoy. We look forward every day for the rapture but we still enjoy the wonderful things God has given us. We press on toward the prize of Heaven and live every day the way God guides us to do. We live in the joy of the Lord.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2017

There are times that we feel that we walk alone. During trials, God is sometimes silent, but He has not left us. Often it is in His silence, that our faith and trust grow. God's plan for us is that we grow into mature Christians. In the midst of these struggles, we may become overwhelmed with fears and despair. There is no shame in calling out for Jesus to make Himself, known to us. It is always better to call out for Jesus to help you, rather to give in to fear and doubts, and turn away from God.

Our willingness to call out to Jesus, is a sign of some faith, because we believe He will come to us and He will. God knows us better then we know our selves. His knowledge of us, doesn't turn Him away from us. Even in our deepest faults and sins, Jesus loves us. When we make the same mistakes over and over, He does not give up on us. Family and friends, may think at times that there is no hope for us to change, but God in His great mercy, still calls out for us, even in the midst of a storm, His soft voice is calling us to come home to Him/

Jesus is still calling His wandering children and sinners to come to Him for redemption. Soon the age of grace will end. It is time for backslidden children and sinners to seek forgiveness from our Heavenly Father.

For those of us who struggle with health issues or other problems, remember God is willing to walk with us through these storms. Victory is ahead and one day, we will be running on streets of Gold, with no pain and no sadness. Trust in God's plans and know His reasons are perfect and true. Praise His Name here on earth and look forward with anticipation to the day that we sing praises to God in person.

Be blessed and keep your eyes on Jesus. He is coming for us soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22, 2017

Wouldn't it be nice if God placed a bubble of protection around us the moment we got saved, so nothing good hurt us? Sounds dreamy, doesn't it? Or does it? Nothing would include love and friendship.
Sadly, even if the devil could not touch us, we would still have sinful thoughts and ideas.

Psalms 51:5“Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” King James Version (KJV)

This does not mean the act of conception was a sin, but that we carried the sin gene from Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve's sin contaminated the whole human race. Every person born came into this world a sinner. Yet, God loved us so much, He had a plan for our redemption, before Adam and Eve were created. God knew mankind would fail Him, yet He created Adam and Eve out is His love for mankind.

1 Corinthians 15:45“And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”

The last Adam was Christ, who paid for the salvation of mankind with His own blood. So why is not every man and woman saved? Salvation is a personal decision. Every person must choose Jesus for themselves. I believe God reveals salvation to every person.

So, as Christians we are not in a bubble, but we can trust God that every thing that happens, He will work out for our good. God often uses illnesses, financial difficulty, and accidents to turn a heart that has fled from God back to God. Sometimes bad things happen to us because of someone else. Just as we have freedom of choice, so does every human being. God may allow another's freedom of choice to effect us. Remember Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery and then the man's wife, lied on Joseph so he ended up in prison. If his brothers had not sold him, he would not have been in Egypt. If the woman had not lied, he would not have been in the prison to catch the ear of the man who would tell Pharaoh of Joseph's gifts of interpreting dreams. All of these things were allowed to happen so that Joseph could save his father and brothers from dying of hunger, so that one day Jesus would be born into this family.
God saw the big picture but all Joseph could see was the day he was living in.

This does not give one the license to sin against another and Jospeh brothers suffered for their sin. The Bible does not say so but surely that woman lived in fear when Joseph was made the second in command over Egypt, that he would demand her execution.

So we are not in a bubble for protection from outside forces, we do serve a God who is with us always. His love for us cannot be compared to anyone. If we allow Him to, He will guide us on paths that will cause us to grow spiritually. When we do stray from the right path, in His love He will bring us back to the right path, if we allow Him to. Our relationship with Jesus is more precious then any relationship we have. Guard it well and do not allow the devil to persuade you to stray from it.

The days are growing shorter and soon we will be with Jesus. Work every day, in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. Every day, seek His guidance and His protection.
Betty

Numbers 6:24-26
May the LORD bless you and protect you.
May the LORD smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the LORD show you his favor
and give you his peace.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2017

Just as hump day, tells us workers that the week is almost over. For most workers, Friday is a day of relief, signaling the end of the work week. My dear brothers and sisters, the times we are living in are telling us that Jesus is coming soon. Be warned my friends, we will not be able to coast until the trumpet blows. The devil will fight us until the very moment that God tells Jesus to go get His children. The devil will tempt us to sin, to be discourage and if he could, he would even convince us to give up on God. He will pile problems, sickness, and troubles upon our shoulders. He will tell us to look at the state of the world and tempt us to question why a loving God will allow evil to abound.

JudeKing James Version (KJV)

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

This evil is among us today. Children taught how to have gay sex in Schools. People who deny their own bodies and claim to be something that they are not. People defiling themselves in order to humiliate our President.

These are not the days to give up. These are the days to fall on our knees and pray for lost souls. Evil is growing, people are restless. The world is waiting in anticipation. Even the Pope is calling for a One World Government and One World Religion. The devil is chomping at the bits for the Church to be gone and with them the restrainer. The restrainer is the Holy Spirit which lives in every believer. When the trumpet is blown and Christians meet Jesus in the air, the Holy Spirit will go with us. Then the devil will no longer be restrained and the anti-Christ will be revealed, for his time. Then judgment from God will reign down on earth to those who refused salvation through Christ Jesus.

The Man of Lawlessness
2 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness[b] is revealed, the son of destruction,[c] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

My dear friends, do not allow the devil to discourage you. Yes we will have days of discouragement. I felt that way last night because of my health getting worse. Have a few moments to grieve them stand up in the victory of Jesus and remind the devil, though his day of victory is coming, it will not last forever. God, Himself will defeat the devil and his demons. We are soldiers of Christ and do not forget we are in a battle. But, remember we have the Armor of God and we are fighting this battle with the Holy Spirit in us.

The Groom, Himself is coming for His Bride. We will be wed to our Lord Jesus in the Marriage of the Lamb. Rejoice in this knowledge. We will be victorious and we will reign with God forever. Glorify the Name of the Lord. Ask Jesus to fill your hearts with peace and to remind you daily that He is coming for us soon.

Betty
[rapture] [Smile] [clap2]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 20, 2017

We all face loss in our lives. Loss of a family member and friends, loss of job, even loss of self esteem. The devil likes to use these losses to cause us to doubt God's love for us. He wants to drive us into despair and depression. God says for us to come to Him for renewal and comfort. It is during these times when we depend more on God just to make it every day, that trust grows.

Instead of turning away from God, like the devil tempts us to do, let us grow even closer to God. Pray that God will use the losses in our lives to help us to grow spiritually. Just as flowers and trees need to be pruned to grow taller and stronger, we to have to be pruned. Pruning hurts and we grieve. That is okay. There is a time to grieve for everyone. Even Scientist say that crying is good for releasing toxins from our bodies.

We can trust God through everything, through good and bad times. His love for us is ever strong, never weakening, even when we doubt Him. In the midst of life's storms, we need to reach out for the One who can see us through to the end of the storm, and that is Jesus. When we trust God, we can sing songs of praise to God even though the wind is blowing and the seas feels like it is going to over take us. With Jesus, we will be victorious.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2017

Hump day is what we call Wednesday. When you have finished Wednesday, you only have two days of work to go. It would be so wonderful if God will tell us how many days to the rapture. We would think that we would be marking off the calendar day by day with anticipation, living every day to the fullest. Or would we wait until the last week and work like a dog for God, coasting until then?

Only God knows how we would react. God wants us to live for Him every day and live in hope for His return for us. He wants us to work for Him, not because of the soon rapture and we want to get a good grade. He wants us to work for Him, because our hearts are overflowing with love for Him.

Have you every had a family member or friend do a favor for you, they really did not want to do? They grumble under their breath and you can feel resentment flowing out through their pores. When the chore is over, you feel sick of your stomach and vow to never ask for their help again.

God forbid that we ever work for God with that attitude. We may as well not do it because we will get no reward for any act done under those circumstances. God says that He wants a cheerful giver. That is not just about money. Of course there will be times we do things for God when we are tired and feel bad. If we pray for strength, God will indeed strengthen us to do His work.

Of course God wants us to get proper rest and we do not have to say yes to every person who ask for our help. When we do feel God leading us to do something, we should pray for physical and emotional strength to please God in our work for Him.

One work we can do even from our sick bed, and that is to pray. Pray for ourselves, our families, our friends, our Church, our Church families, our Country, and lost souls. We do not need to pray elaborate prayers, but simple prayers from our Heart. God is not so impressed with long winded, wordy prayers. He is impressed with simple prayers of thanksgiving and petitions from the heart.

As the old Hymn says: "We'll work to Jesus comes, and soon we will be going Home. May you be blessed today in a special way.

Betty
Still being blessed by birds and squirrels. Thank you, Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Since you are in Christ, I have made you an heir of all My promises.(Gal 3:29)

Because, we are redeemed by Christ, through His precious blood, we are not only victorious but heirs of Heaven. This is our promise, but let us admit it, most mornings, when we stubble out of bed, feelings of victorious is the last thing we think of. We do not feel like heirs of all the promises of God. In fact, if we can stumble through the day, without having a wreck, losing our job, or having a major argument with someone we will feel we have made the day.

We do not live as heirs of God but as another number stumbling through the problems of life, until we can fall exhausted into our bed, grateful to just be alive. Of course it is good to be alive at the end of the day, but instead of living in victory we live like mice in a maze. Too often we travel the day with doom and gloom as our companions. These two, are happy to be our companions and will turn every victory and good moment into depression and despair. Instead of praising God throughout the day we mutter and complain about the least thing that doesn't go our way. The elevator is to slow, the lady or man who sales us our coffee is rude. Our boss is a jerk. The devil is so happy to have his workers gloom and doom turn us into miserable Christians. Who pass our misery on to everyone we meet, like a plaque.

Soon, no one wants to be around us and we then feel abandoned and unworthy of salvation. Hello!!! No one is worthy of salvation. If we are trying to earn salvation through works or being Mr or Mrs. Sunshine, that battle was lost in the Garden of Eden. We do not walk in our victories or our marvelous works, we walk in the grace of our Lord Jesus. There is not a Christian on earth or in Heaven who was saved by their works or their on greatness. We are all dirty rotten sinners saved by the precious blood of Jesus shed because He loved us when we were unlovable.

When we lay aside this notion that we are somehow better then someone else, or that God saved us because we are so special, then we can live in the knowledge we were saved by Grace.

Ephesians 2:8“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”

When we accept the fact that salvation is a gift of God and that we do not have to live in perfection to be saved, we awaken the freedom to live in victory, not through our own victories but through the victories of Christ. Then we are free to live in gratefulness and thanksgiving for the mighty works of God. We are important not because we are perfect, but because we are living with Jesus in our heart and we live in His calling as Ambassadors of Christ. We walk in truths and in His footsteps. Lay aside the lie that God called you to be perfect, this is lie from the devil. God called us to be trusting and willing children. God knows we will fall down, but it is what we do when we fall that shows our faith. Do we crawl into a ball crying "woe is me"? Or do we get right back up and tell the devil we are standing not in our own strength but in the strength of the Lord our God. We are not victorious, because we are giants of strength, but we are men and women of faith who live in the victory of Jesus our Lord and Savior.

We are heirs of Christ and Heaven. We do not have to walk with our hands hung down and hearts of defeat. We walk in the knowledge that we are saved by the Grace of God, knowing we hold the ticket to eternity in Heaven. Yes life will have defeats and problems but we praise God in the midst of these knowing God will win in the end and so will we if we stand true to God until the end. We have come too far to lay down our helmet of Salvation for anything this world has to offer. Press on to the prize and live every day in victory and not allow gloom and doom to turn us into miserable Christians.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July, 17, 2017

I was thinking of the old Everly Brothers Song: Problems: "Problems, problems, problems all day long
Will my problems work out right or wrong?" Truth is everybody has problems, both sinners and Christians.
As soon as we get one think fixed, another breaks. As soon as we think we got it together, we fall apart.
The Apostle Paul knew about troubles , he wrote:

2 Corinthians 4:8King James Version (KJV)8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

It is not about having problems, it is about our reaction. Do we run to God for help, or do we have a melt down? Do we stand strong or snap like a thin tree limb? Truth is we don't always have a support group to help us stand, but we all have Jesus. Is the first person we call out to Jesus? Or do we wait to call on Him as a last result?

The world thinks highly of those who do it on their own. The hit song: "I Did It My Way" was a huge hit many years ago and still people are proud when they accomplish things in their own power. God tells His Children, to do things His Way. To seek His Help. To walk in His truths.

There will be no crown given for doing things on our own. Being so independent that we never call on God, is, not a spiritual gift. If we depend less and less on God, we do not grow spiritually, instead we grow prideful. Remember pride goes before a fall.

Yes we will have problems, but we have our Heavenly Father who will make a way for us to walk through the darkness and give us a way to come out of our problem, victorious. Trust Him in the good times and the bad times. Pray every day for help and guidance.

Betty
I seen the blue bird this morning. I wonder where his mate is.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2017

This morning I was putting concealer over my dark circles under my eye and it did not seem to cover much. When I went to put it back in my makeup bag and was looking for the top, I could not find the top. I had been attempting to use the concealer with the top on. Doesn't work that way. This made me thing of the Armor of God. God has given us the tools to fight against Satan, but we are often guilty of not preparing ourselves for battle.

First off, we forget we are in a battle with Satan. Satan desires to lead people to turn away from God. He will use discouragement. He will cause us to be hurt by people in the Church and even Pastors so that we are tempted to leave the Church. He even causes Pastors to lose their way and preach lies from the pulpits to lead the Church away.

Second, he will convince us that we can fight Satan, in our own power. This is a lie. We cannot defeat Satan on our own.

Jude 1:9. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

God has given us armor that will prevent us from being defeated, but only God will defeat Satan. Our job is to put on the whole armor of God by prayer and reading and knowing God's Word.

Eph 6:12. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Our job is not defeating Satan but standing firm and not allowing him to sway us into sin, backsliding, or believing his lies. We stand in truth if God's Word and we go not to the left of the right of truth. A little leaven (sin) destroys the whole dough. Remember it is the little sins that add up and lead us astray. The further we get from God, the more aggressive sin will over take us. If we are not careful we will be living no different then the lost.

Every day is a battle against evil. Today more then ever, evil seems to be wining. We are in the time leading into the tribulation. The Book of Revelation tells us the Judgement that God will pour out on this world. For now we live for God, we share Jesus with others and we work for God, until the trumpet blows for the Church to be caught up with Jesus in the air. Evil is winning for now, but one day Satan and all his demons will be judged by God and thrown into the lake of fire.

Do not forget to put on the Armor of God and trust Him to guide you through trials and temptation.
God will not allow any temptation without given us a way to escape.

1 Cor 10:13. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Pray for the one another, pray for the lost, and pray for the soon return of Jesus .

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Another Pastor has come out saying that he has changed his mind about the sin of homosexuality. His change of mind, does not change God's mind.

My first emotion was sadness that a man of God has either lost his way or decided being politically correct is more important than what God says.

My second emotion was anger. This man is leading people to hell. He is giving them false hope that you can live in sin and go to Heaven. Only God knows how many soul's blood will be on his hands.

God has not called His Preachers to be Politically Correct but to be Biblically Correct.

Lord Jesus please come soon before more sheep or led astray by wolves.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 15, 2017

Guide my feet, that they not stray from your path.
Guide my tongue, that it does not speak evil.
Guide my heart, that it be filled with compassion for others.
Guide my brain, that it does not dwell on evil thoughts.

As I fed the birds and animals today, I prayed for guidance. God gave me those words above. As the time grows short for the period of grace, the devil realizes that we are not going to abandon our Heavenly Father, but he seeks to get us off the Godly path.

He knows we are not going to watch porn, but he can seek to get us to lust after someone we see at the store. He knows we are not going to speak against Christ, but he can use our mouths to speak evil, if we allow him, too. Our heart belongs to God, but he can encourage us to have no pity on others and be judgmental to others. Finally, he can fill our brains with angry and bitter thoughts. We cannot stop thoughts from coming into our brains, but we can reject evil thoughts and pray for help from God.

Now more then ever, our prayer each day, should be for God to guide us every day. Pray that when Jesus returns for us that our lamps be filled with His Holy Spirit. Let us not be guilty of hiding our light around people we think may be insulted or angered by Jesus living through us. Those who are angered by the things of God, are in desperate need for a touch from God. As the old song said "Hide it under a bushel, No!".

Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

Today, your light may bring the opposite response. They may curse you, feel sorry for you, because the light of God convicts them. Yet, later when they are in desperate need of help, they may remember you, and cry out to God. Nether-less, as God's children, our responsibility is to walk and talk in the ways of God. God has not called us to cuddling sinners into being comfortable in their sin. We need to walk in a way, that our very presence, convicts sinners of their sins. Without convictions, sinners will not be led to come to God for redemption. Better to make sinners uncomfortable then to give them a false hope that God will take them to Heaven, sin and all. Sin can never enter Heaven. Only those whose sins are covered by the blood of Jesus will ever walk in the door of Heaven. We cannot expect forgiveness of sin, if we continue to stay in the mud of sin. Remember when Jesus saved people, He told them to go and sin no more. He did say that He had given them a license to live in that sin or commit that sin over and over. Yes, my words are harsh and my eyes are filled with tears, at the very thought of hurting anyone, yet the truth must be spoken.

May our prayer be: "Guide me, Lord Jesus, every day, in your path and do not allow my feet to lead me into sin. Amen.

Betty

As I put the seed out, I could hear the birds alerting others that it was feeding time. [Smile]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 14, 2017

The Chorus (Where could I Go, But to the Lord, is in my head this morning. We all have difficulties that we deal with. Whether it is physical, financial , or family issues. There are some days we feel on top of things but there are also days, when we feel like we are crawling like a lizard, barely getting by.

We should pray every day and not just when we are overwhelmed. When we are feeling weak, physically or emotionally, we can ask God for a special touch to help us make it though the day. Talk to God, not just about your troubles but talk to Him, as you would a friend. For, indeed He wants to be our closest friend.
The more we talk to God the more we know Him.

Sin in our lives, can make us hesitate to talk to God. God already knows about the sin, so avoiding God is not hiding our sins from Him. Instead, make a point of asking God ever day to forgive you of your sins. If you are convicted of a certain sin, talk to God about this sin. He will forgive you and if we ask, He will help us overcome this sin. When we can pray with no wall between us and God, we will find perfect freedom in our prayer lives.

Jesus gives perfect peace. When our relationship with Jesus is in tune, we will begin to feel the peace that He wants to give us. Our relationship is in tune, when we stop making excuses for sin in our lives and seek forgiveness. Come boldly to the throne, seek God's forgives, praise His Holy Name, and tell Him about your needs and petitions. Seek His face daily and trust in Him for guidance and redemption.

Sing praises to the Lord of Heaven and remind your soul, that one day we will be praising God face to face. What a wonderful day that will be!

Betty

https://youtu.be/pm99hZdqWOY

Living below, in this old sinful world Hardly a comfort can afford Striving alone, to face temptation's sword Where could I go but to the Lord?
Where could I go, oh where could I go? Seeking a refuge for my soul Needing a friend, to help me in the end Where could I go, but to the Lord?

Neighbors are kind, I love them everyone We get along in sweet accord But when my soul, needs manner from above Where could I go but to the Lord?

Where could I go, oh where could I go? Seeking a refuge for my soul Needing a friend, to help me in the end Where could I go, but to the Lord?

Life here is grand, with friends I love so dear Comfort I get from God's own word Yet when I face this chilling hand of death Where could I go but to the Lord?

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I had a nightmare this morning. I dreamed that I was working with some tree limbs to be burned. I got caught up in a limb, just as somehow the back of the bunch got lite by something, I don't know what. The closer the fire got to me, the more I prayed and the more I fought against the limbs. The more I fought the tighter, the limbs encumbered me and the harder I prayed, until I was overcome by the flames. Needless to say I work up terrified. As I walked around today, I asked God why He did not save me in my dreams. It seemed as if God spoked to my heart and reminded me that though I prayed, I fought harder and harder.

Then I wondered that we do this in our prayer lives. We ask God to guide us and if we feel He is taking too long, we jump in and just do something. Are when He is working, we fight against Him. We are so often guilty of not trusting Him to work in our lives without adding our two cents in.
We know we need God's help but sometimes we just do not let Him help us.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2017

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Awake most of the night and colitis issues today. I feel as weak as a kitten, but God reminded me of the verse above. There are many times we do not feel up for the job God has given us. Yet, it is in our weakness, God is able to preform. Why? Because we let go of trying to do the work in our physical strength and rely on God's strength. We let go and allow God to work through us. Which always the best.

Working for God is a privilege. As we get older and some of us sicker, there are less ways we can work, but if we are willing, God will make the small ways we can work count for His Kingdom. It is our hearts motives for working for God that is important. We must not do the work to impress others. When we work for God's glory, we can lay aside the fear of being judged by others. The only opinion that really counts is God's. This allows us to let go of the fear of being judged by others and just trusting God to do what is best through us.

I pray that you are blessed today and that God will guide you in His way and protect you.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2017

"Lord, thank You that I can pray to You in all places at all times. Put the desire to come near to You in my heart. I want to learn to come to You in faith and in confidence."

I got this prayer from our Daily Bread. So appropriate because just as we need food every day, we need to communicate with our Heavenly Father, every day. Prayer is not an obligation but a privilege. Prayer is not a chore that we check off of a list. Praying not only opens the door to Heaven but it is healing for our minds and souls. There will be times that we forget to pray, because we are busy, but God does not hold it against us. When we pray, He listens. The more we pray the closer our relationship is with God.

There will be times that we will lose our way. There will be times of discouragement. We are so blessed that we can go to God and ask Him to repair our way back to Him. He doesn't say to us: "you were too busy for me yesterday, so I am to busy for you today". What a loving God we serve! Jesus wants His children to come boldly to His throne with our praises and our petitions.

May God help us to walk in grace and confidence, not because of who we are, but because of who He is. May God bless you today and your families.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

The words that God gave me yesterday, grieved my very soul. I don't know about you, but while I always pray for lost loved ones by name, I am often nonchalant about the lost of the world. My prayers seem to be like this :"God please come get us soon, and by the way, saved the lost". Of course I don't say my prayer in those words but that sadly is often my attitude. I suffered yesterday and most of last night over conviction . I am so ashamed of my insensitivity to millions going to hell.

Being disciplined by the Lord is painful, yet necessary. God wants us to seek forgiveness of sin and repair our relationship with Him. It is out of the Lord's love for us that He convicts us of our sins and failures. We never want to be come comfortable living in a way that is not pleasing to our Heavenly Father. When we cry over our sins and seek forgiveness, God will comfort us. He will not leave us in a state of despair. He will once again bring joy into hearts. Let us not be like Cain, who rejected the discipline of God and went on to murder his own brother. When God convicts us, let us resist the urge to make excuses for our sins, but to immediately seek forgiveness.

Hebrews 12:6King James Version (KJV)6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

I do believe Jesus is coming soon. We should seek to be a bride that has prepared herself for her Groom. Always look forward with hope to the rapture but continue to live every day in the will of God and pray diligently for lost souls.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2017

I was awake most of the night and slept late only to awake with colitis issues and pain. We all have things we deal with and as we get older the issues seem to multiply. Maybe our bodies aging and growing weaker is giving us time to spend more time on our spiritual health. Do we spend as much effort on our spiritual health as we do our physical?

We live in a time, when the world is turning from God. Sin is running amuck. Things happen that shock us to the core and evil is becoming more and more popular. There was a time that being a good Christian was respected even by sinners. Today the world looks at Christians as weak minded and illiterate people.

The devil has turned this world upside down. Who would have thought even fifteen years ago that people today, would claim to be neither male or female but fluid sex. A world where a grown man left his wife and three kids to live as a 6 year old girl with another family. The world is filled with people so confused about their own bodies that they don't see that they have been overtaken by Satan and the world is getting closer and closer to being judged by God, Himself. Evil is popular and praised in this world and true Christianity is considered something to be avoided.

In many Churches, Preachers no longer preach from the Bible. Sin is no longer preached from many pulpits. Preachers getting rich, off of feel good sermons and inspirational talks. In the days we live in, truth needs to be shouted from the pulpits. We need Preachers who cry out from the pulpits for repentance and warn people of the coming Judgement. Preachers that warn of eternity in hell for those who reject salvation and warning Christians that this is NOT the time to backslide.

The Church needs to be renewed by the Holy Spirit. We need to realize standing up for the truth of the Gospel will put a sign on your back that you are a fanatic for Christ. We must decide whether to be all the way for Christ and His truths or straddling the fence which can lead to being backslidden. We must decide who will serve. Will we serve God or the politically correct version of "Christianity" the world embraces today?

Every man and woman must decide for themselves. We cannot please the world and God. We cannot serve two masters. Jesus is coming soon. He is coming for those waiting who are blood washed children of God, living for God in the midst of evil that would even shame Sodom and Gomorrah .
We can live Holy lives for God and we can reject the evil of the world. We do this by allowing God to guide is and trusting Him to work through us.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Took the trash out and in the tree was a female cardinal, instead of flying away, she sang to me.
Made me think that she was thanking me, for feeding her. I love hearing birds singing. It is one of the little diamonds in my day. We all need encouragement in our day. Today Jeff and Sarah, picked us up for a short road trip. It was a pleasant trip with pleasant conversation. We are blessed to have great family.

We can get caught up doing the same thing every day, especially those who work. Everyday seems the same and can lead to feeling bored. Taking a drive to a park with a burger and a drink can bring a little sunshine into our lives. Trying out a different restaurant for supper, can add a little change in our lives.

Another way to encourage ourselves is to talk to God. Tell Him our troubles and thank Him for our blessings. The more we communicate with God, the better our relationship will be. When we praise God, our hearts fill with the joy of the Lord. Praying for others is also a blessing. A good prayer life is essential for a great relationship with God.

Everyone gets discouraged at times. Physical conditions, job situations, and even family issues can make us feel discouraged. We can help ourselves by praying for others, reading God's Word, and doing something to help someone else. When the devil brings the blue, take time for tears, and then seek the help of your Heavenly Father. And of course look for those little diamonds of joy in your day.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2017

It is almost 3 A.M. and Mr. Sandman is avoiding me like I have the plague. Every time I think I am sleepy, my mind starts wandering until I am wide awake. Those of us who suffer who suffer from insomnia, know the harder we try to sleep, the more sleep avoids us. This is what happens when we try to live righteously on our own. We can only live in a way that is pleasing to God, by allowing the Holy Spirit to work through us.

Romans 3:10King James Version (KJV)10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Isaiah 64:6King James Version (KJV)6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

We often make the mistake of comparing ourselves to others. We tell ourselves that, we go to Church more then others, but attending Church does not make us righteous. Our faults are not as bad as some else. God compares us to His righteousness. In His glory no matter how good we are we are as dirty as filthy rags. We can never live up to His standards. This is why God sent Jesus to live as a humans and die for our sins. We can only be Holy in the eyes of God when are sins are covered by the precious blood of Jesus.

Jesus has bought salvation for all of mankind, with His own precious blood spilt out on the cross. We can choose to accept Jesus' gift and allow Him to be the Lord of our lives or we can chose to be Lord of our own lives and spend eternity in hell. Jesus will help us live in His anointing. The more we walk with God and the more we live in obedience, the less we will sin and the more our relationship with Christ will guide us into living a righteous life.

The problem occurs when we begin to fool ourselves into thinking we are righteous on our own. When we begin to believe we do not have to walk with and talk to God regularly. When we think we can stand on our own we fall into sin.

Proverbs 16:18King James Version (KJV)18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

When we remember that our hope of Glory is in Jesus Christ, we can lay aside sinful pride. When we give God the glory for our successes, then we take pride not in ourselves but pride in our Heavenly Father and His love for us. Almost every Christian looks at the Apostle Paul, as the Superman of Christianity, but He gave all the Glory to God for all the work, Paul accomplished. Most of us are far from being like Paul, but that is okay. God did not call us to be another Paul, but to work for the Kingdom of Heaven in the position, God called us to. When we stand before God, He will see us through the filter of the precious blood of Christ.

The question is not how good we can be, but are our sins covered by the blood of Jesus? When we stand in the righteousness of God, we can stand without fear. Jesus is our Hope of Glory.
Betty

Many birds yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 7, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Tummy woke me up. I ate healthy yesterday but colitis doesn't like salads. Nothing like having to run from bed to bathroom and then deal with the physical pain. Which got me thinking, my body sends out warnings when it is unhappy. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a gage on our body that showed our spiritual health? Red when we are in spiritual danger and green when we were safe. We would like to think we would always work hard to keep the gage on green, but would we? Would we become complacent and not worry until the gage was flashing red hot? Would we use the gage to do just enough good to stay out of the red?

Sadly we as Christians are often tempted to try to coast in to Heaven. Sometimes we go further and try to stand on the fence, especially with issues that are politically sensitive. We tell ourselves God knows I believe what He said is truth, but we would rather not share that with friends. We want to appear to the world to be modern and enlightened. The next step is deciding to be a moderate Christian. We still trust God as our Savior, but we begin to believe less and less of the Bible that conflicts with the world's view.
Moderate Christians are lukewarm. What did Jesus say about lukewarm Christians?

Revelation 3:14-16King James Version (KJV)14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Jesus is saying lukewarm Christians, make Him sick. Do we want to make Jesus want to vomit? Jesus is saying either serve me all the way or quit. Believe His Word as truth. We can not decided that God made a mistake about certain sins and still have complete trust in Him. We can not trust God for salvation and then tell Him to stay out of our lives and let us decide truths for ourselves. It is getting harder and it will get even harder to stand for God's truth in this world. The world will look at those who stand for the truth as radical Christians. Bernie Sanders just the other day blamed Islam terrorist acts on Christians and Christianity.

How will we stand for truth against a world that is so confused that people do not even know what sex they are? When celebrities embrace Islam which takes away freedoms from women and look away when fellow Muslims kill people for being a Christian? When celebrities blame the hate in the world on Christianity? When celebrities openly hate our President and joke about him being killed?

It is going to get harder to be a Christian. We will have to decide if we want to please God or man?
If we are ashamed of God's truths, we are in danger. Jesus said:

Luke 9:26King James Version (KJV)26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Standing up for Jesus and the truth of His Word is hard in a political correct world. When sin is considered living free and without boundaries. God put boundaries to protect people. Sin will only lead to misery in this life and to eternity in hell. We can stand firm in our faith by staying close to Jesus, putting are whole trust in Him, and believing in His truths. We must pray for courage, this has been so strong in my spirit, only the courage that God gives us, will help us speak the truth in the world today. Let us pray that we do not bring shame to our Savior but stand firmly for His Glory.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2017

Psalm 16:7King James Version (KJV)7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

We do not usually wake up knowing just how we are going to work for God each day. We have our plans of things we need to accomplish for the day, but before we set out, we can prayer for guidance. We can pray that God will bring us in contact with hurting people who need encouragement. We can pray that we can offer a smile and a friendly word to those who are feeling down. It is not necessary for God to give us a written agenda for the day, just have ears to hear and a willing heart.

Sometimes, we have to lay fear aside and concern about what people will think of us. If we are honest with ourselves, pleasing God is so much more important then pleasing people. Strangers are not easily impressed and as soon as leave they are on to the next person. Work done for God will benefit us for eternity.

A read about a man, a street preacher, who was arrested in America for reading this verse from the Bible:

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

One day we all may have to make the decision to speak the truth of God's Word, or stumble around the truth out of fear. How do we prepare for that day? We put on the armor of God. We pray every day for courage to do God's will. Oprah is very popular and rich but her riches will not buy her a ticket to Heaven. She has taught for years that there are many paths to Heaven. The Bible says we can know trees by their fruit. The Bible say also that a tree cannot produce evil and good fruit. When we deny that Jesus is the only true door to Heaven, we are beginning a journey that will only lead to backsliding.

Seek God's forgiveness and pray for the courage to speak the truth of the Gospel. All roads lead to Heaven is a lie from the devil. When we buy into this lie we are taking satan's word over God's Word. When we share this lie with others we have become a servant of Satan. God forbid that His children prefer acceptance of people, over the truth of the Gospel. In the past I have been guilty of stumbling over my words to keep from hurting someone's feelings. I had chose to help them believe a lie over the truth of God's Word. When this happens we seek forgiveness and pray for courage.

Speaking the truth is not judging. Speaking the truth of the Gospel, in love, can make a difference in whether the person we are talking to, goes to Heaven or Hell. If we cannot speak the truth out of fear that we will hurt someone's feelings, how will stand for the truth if it becomes a crime to do so? If we pray for courage, God will help us. Sunday after Church I did something I have never done in my life. I asked a man if I could pray for him, he said yes, and I stopped and prayed right then and there, before fear could step in. The world did not end. I went on with my shopping but I took the few minutes to do God wanted me to do.
We can all do this.

The more we talk with God and read His Word the more we will become courageous to obey His Word and put His truths above being politically correct, in a sinful world.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 5, 2017

I slept very little last night. Part of it was a disagreement with a Christian friend who believes many roads lead to Heaven. This is the same thing that Oprah said. This breaks my heart. Now more than ever we need to speak the truth of the Gospel. In many apartments there is only one door in to the apartment. To say that there is other doors when there is only one is foolish. Jesus said:

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

It breaks our hearts when we know people who refuse to believe in Jesus for salvation, but we do
them no favor leading them to believe there are others doors to Heaven. Jesus said:

John 10:9King James Version (KJV)9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:1King James Version (KJV)10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

While we would like to believe our loved ones and friends who have rejected Jesus, will somehow stumble into Heaven, the very idea is a lie from the devil. There is no backdoor to Heaven. We go
through the gate through faith in Jesus Christ for our salvation or we spend eternity in hell.

Of course there are some who receive Christ into their hearts on their death bed, they must have heard the truth. This is why we share the Gospel in person and through missionary's. The question is asked
what if they never hear the truth of the Gospel. Testimonies are coming our of the Middle East of
Muslims being reached for Christ by visions of Jesus appearing before them. I believe that Jesus still appears before mankind just as He did for Saul.

As a Christian it is our duty to pray for the lost, support missions for Christ and speak the truth. Given false hope of many doors leading to Heaven is a cruel lie that can cost many to spend an eternity in hell.
We never give up praying for the lost and we always speak the truth in love. Salvation comes through Jesus.

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.Matthew 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Acts 3:19King James Version (KJV)19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

2 Peter 3:9King James Version (KJV)9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Eternity is too long to take a chance that something besides Jesus will save your soul. We either believe the truth of the Gospel or we do not. Speak the truth in love so the lost can be saved before it is too late.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 4, 2017
Happy Independence Day!!

Today we celebrate our Country's independence from England. 241 years ago 13 Colonies declared that had come together as a Nation of their own. To reach this goal of declaring our Country, United States of America came at a cost. The Colonies were willing to fight to be independent and have freedom OF Religion. Over the weekend, former President Obama gave a speech accusing Americans of being to patriotic and too much in favor of Nationalism. In times past he would have been arrested for treason. Instead the media was silent while a former leader of our Country, promoted Globalism over Nationalism.
It is no accident that he did this so close to Independence Day.

If this does not scare you, look at the bylaws of the United Nations. They seek to control all aspects of the people in this world's lives, even to the point of telling you how to raise your kids. If the media really cared about us they would be shouting this on every news program. The United Nations seek to take away people's freedom for the "god" of Globalism. Who is this "God"? It is Satan. It is not because he cares about wars or pollution. A One World Government will give him a organization in control that the anti-Christ can step right into position to rule this world.

This should scare those who are not Christians. Christians know that this is playing out for a reason. Judgment is coming to this world. Those who have rejected Jesus as their Savior and Lord will accept evil itself in the body of the anti-Christ. Christians can rest in the assurance that God is sending Jesus soon to get us out. For those who are left behind they can know without a doubt that the person that is the anti-Christ is satan's puppet when he brokers a 7 year peace agreement with Israel and the Arab Countries in the Middle East. This agreement will usher in the 7 year tribulation. Those left behind will eventually be given the choice of death or accepting the mark of the anti-Christ and worshipping him. Do NOT take the mark. Those who do can never be saved and their future is eternity in hell.

American Independence is slowly coming to an end. As more and more leaders are calling for a One World Leader. Satan is chopping at the bits to provide the world one.

Today we celebrate our freedoms as we should and we pray for lost souls and we prepare our hearts for the soon return of Jesus. As thing happen begin to scare us, take our fears to God and He will give us peace.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 3, 2017

Song of Solomon 2:15King James Version (KJV)15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Just as little foxes can destroy a vineyard, so can little sins destroy our relationship with Christ. People my age grew up hearing the term "white lies". White lies were those lies that we said to protect others from hurt feelings or little lies to get out of trouble. Lies that we easily justified. Little sins can be dismissed and over looked by us. We think they are insignificant so we do not seek forgiveness. What we do not realize that little sins over time destroy our spiritual garden, often doing damage unseen until the sins are no longer tiny.

God wants a honest relationship with us. We can not have one if we are attempted to hide sins from God. God already knows everything so we are so much better off being honest with God and asking for forgiveness. Our prayer life is affected by little sins that we attempt to hide. When we are upfront and confess our sins, God will forgive us and heal our relationship with others.

Little sins can grow into bigger sins. Most people who cheat on their mates, do not start off in the bedroom. It is slowly forming a relationship with another person and spending quality time that should be spent with our mate. Sharing conversations and secret meetings can lead to a sinful relationship with someone besides our mate. A marriage is a sacred commitment and should be guarded from those little foxes that seek destroy the plant at the roots. There is no perfect relationship and sometimes a person can seem perfect from the outside, only to have the same faults or worse then our own mate.

When we seek to have an honest relationship with God and others, then we can keep an eye on those little foxes that sneak in. David prayed:

Psalm 139:23King James Version (KJV)23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

We too, can pray that God will search our hearts and warn us of sins that need to be forgiven. Let us seek to have an honest relationship with God our Father. When we live our lives honest and straightforward with God, we can then be more prepared to share the Gospel with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2,2017

What Is My Attitude, Today?

If we walked around with an attitude gage would people flock to us or avoids us? Would the needle point to stinky or pleasant? We cannot control our environment or circumstances completely. We can control our actions. I am a easily frustrated driver. It seems to be a driver in front of me going 15 miles below the speed limit and one behind trying to kiss the rear bumper. I grumble and mouth off to other drivers to myself, which drives Ronnie hates. I tell myself before I get into the car that I am going to be a cheerful driver and at first I am, but the more tired I get the more cranky I can become.

It is not just the car that can frustrate us. Most of can relate to shopping rage. We get in the shortest line because let's face it we always seem to be in a hurry, only to have a shopper get an item with no price or the checkout person seems to be on a work slow down. Before we know it, we are grumbling to ourself and our attitude has gone from pleasant to stinky.

We can become unpleasant, before we leave the house. In spite of us telling our mate over and over to put his keys and billfold in the designated place, we spend 20 minutes trying to help him find them. Even if we keep the grumbling in our head, we are still frustrated. Leaving the house frustrated, it only takes one bad driver and we are in the red zone.

What do we do? We pray. We pray for ourselves, others, our Country, etc. The more we talk to God, the more our hearts and minds settles into a state of peace. If we get to Church 5 minutes late because someone wants to be an old fashioned "Sunday" driver, we pray. When we walk in the Church we will walk in with a smile and a kind attitude instead of biting off people's heads who make the mistake of saying "Good Morning", to us. Attitudes are contagious. We can spread joy or we can spread anger.
We can be strengthen by the joy of the Lord or we can choose to be bitter and weak.

What is my attitude today? I will choose joy. I will be prepared for Satan to rain on my parade and when he does, I will talk to God about it and not mouth off to others.

Betty

Watched two squirrels playing yesterday. This made me happy. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 1, 2017

I turned on my tablet and read of another shooting. Seventeen people shot in a nightclub in Arkansas. When I was a teenager, disputes were settled by a fist fight and black eyes and maybe a broken jaw was the result. When did it become normal for a gun fight over misunderstandings and disputes? Could it be when abortion was considered normal? When unborn babies were considered expendable and their little lives easily terminated? We have become a world where road rage can result in killing one another. When a parking dispute is settle with a gun and sane reasoning gone with the times.

Do not get me wrong. Like our forefathers, I believe in the right to bear arms. Our fore fathers did not see a day when people shot each other over different opinions. They were afraid that one day a President would rule America as a dictator. It is because of this we do need the right to bear arms. We have seen in the past Countries taking over by a dictator.

Guns are not the issue. Sin is the issue. If you hate someone enough you do not need a gun to kill. There is no respect for lives. People are bitter and bitterness leads to hate and with just a small thing can lead to murder. Schools are no longer allowed to teach the Ten Commandments. Children are not taught respect for others. College Professors teach liberalism and lack of respect towards others. We have a generation going out in the work force with a sense of entitlement and no respect for anybody.

People my age sit back and wonder when did good become bad and bad good. Paul said it His letters to the Churches that this day would come. We are living in the last days and contrary to wishful thinking, there is not coming a man or woman who can bring peace on earth. There will be a day when Jesus, Himself will rule on earth and there will be peace, but this will not happen until after the 7 year tribulation.

We are not going to fix this world. Our job as Christians is to look for opportunity to share the Gospel of Christ. We are to love one another and do our best to treat one another with respect. Do not expect to be treated the same. Just look at the hate there is toward the President. Can you remember in the past when a President's son and wife were expecting and someone yelled at them to have an abortion? I can not.
When we have a play in New York showing the President being executed and that is considered entertainment, we have reached an age of evil.

We cannot hide from evil. It is a weed that has taken over the world, but we can pray for protection for us and our family. We can pray that God will hasten the day when Jesus comes for His Church. Until the moment the Church leaves this world, pray for sinners. Pray for our leaders and our Country. Evil is real and growing but God is bigger then both and He will rule in the end.

Betty [hug]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 30, 2017

Looking out the window at the grass and plants, on one side of me is the dog (Bertha) and the other side is my cat Sassy. I try to gather my thoughts and for a bit my brain is a blank. Then I am reminded how precious salvation, is. I do not believe as humans we able to grasp the full scope of salvation or how precious this gift really is. We will not understand the completion of salvation, until we walk through Heaven's gate. We cannot even imagine the peace that Heaven is. There will be no unpleasant thoughts to pass through our minds.

I cannot even imagine walking through the gardens of Heaven and no doubts, or fears invading my thoughts. We cannot even imagine the joy of Heaven and the peace that will come from every flower and seep through the very ground we walk on. There will be no temptation and no sin will penetrate the gates of Heaven. Our hearts will be filled with peace and joy and there will be no sadness there. Physical and emotional pain will only me a long past memory. If there is any sadness at all it will be because we regret how little we did for the Glory of God.

It is only when we walk through Heaven, how a huge a sacrifice Jesus suffered to leave the Glories of Heaven to be born a helpless baby to live and die so mankind could have the choice of Heaven. He gave up walking the streets of gold of Heaven, to walk the hot sandy streets of Israel. He who knew no pain chose to be born in a body that pain was a reality. He who knew no sin left Heaven to allow the devil to tempt Him, so we as human could relate to Him: God dwelling in human flesh. When we walk through the gates of Heaven, we will know like we cannot know here, what a marvelous sacrifice that God chose to bear for the salvation for mankind.

As Paul said, today we only know in part the marvelous glory of salvation. Let us not only rejoice in our salvation but ever have a thankful heart that Jesus was so willing to suffer so that we can spend eternity in the very presence of God.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 29, 2017

It is hot and humid in Texas. For those of us with COPD, walking outside can seem to **** the air out our lungs. Everyone has their challenges in this life whether it is marriage, financial, or health. Just because we are Christians does not mean our lives will be perfect. The promise we do have is we will never go through life's problems alone. We can talk to God anytime, even on the job or driving the car. We will never get a busy signal and prayer to God is never out of order.

We can talk to God throughout the day and when we do this, He will strengthen our bodies and our spirits. We are blessed when we pray for others. Prayer is a privilege and not a duty. Praising God in prayer and song is also a blessing. What a marvelous feeling to open our hearts to God and praise His Name, His Majesty, and His glorious works!

Happiness that comes from material gains and power is fleeting. This kind of happiness can float away like a cloud over the horizon. The joy that comes from the Lord, can sustain us on a stormy day and quiet the doubts that Satan likes to whisper in our ears. The joy of the Lord is our strength, seek His presence, and rejoice in your relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 28, 2017

I do not know if we ever get to the point in the Ministry that what we do for God, that the devil cannot put doubts into our minds. This morning as I fed the animals, birds, and squirrels, the devil begin to talk to me about my blog. Thoughts of how I write about the same subject to often. Thoughts about how my blog may be getting boring for some. I reminded myself that I always pray before I write that I will write what God will guide in what to say. Truth be told it would be so much easier if God would speak to me or email me and tell me if I am on the right track.

This leads me to the subject that God leads me to the most: trust. We will always have questions about what we do for God. If you sing, you will remember the one mistake you made because the devil will bring it up to you time and time again. If you are a teacher, your apt to notice that one person who looks bored and obviously is not paying attention to a word you are saying. We need to remind ourselves when we work for God, we do His Work. We are not responsible for other's reaction to the work we do. We pray God's blessing on our work, we do our best, and we trust God for the outcome.

It is our job to plant God's seeds. We are not responsible for what happens after planting. There will be those who reject everything about God. Our responsibility ends when we do our best for God. Of course we should pray that people except the truths, that God leads us to share with others. Always pray for the weak and the lost souls. Just do not allow the devil to discourage you. If he could he would persuade all of us to quit working for God. In Psalms we are told to encourage ourselves in the Lord. God did call us to be people pleasers, but to do our best for the Glory of God.

May we please God in our work for Him. May our motives be for His glory. May we rejoice in the victories that God brings into our lives.

Betty
Happy to report that my heart is fine. Still dizzy and winded after walking around in the yard. This could be caused by the COPD. Blessed to hear birds singing this morning.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement