Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Examine the Word Faith Teachers (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Examine the Word Faith Teachers
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
The “falling away” or apostasy of 2 Thessalonians, chapter 2, seems well underway in our time.

Can Antichrist, the ultimate deceiver, be far behind in galloping onto the stage of end-time history?

I know I hear hoof beats...

Good Word my Brother, Amen!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The many are on the road to destruction, only the few have found the narrow path to eternal life.

As you ponder this remember it is only those striving to enter the Kingdom (Preaching, Teaching or Listening to the Gospel) to which Yeshua is speaking when He says ...

13 ¶ Enter ye in at the strait• gate•: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction•, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait• is the gate•, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life•, and few there be that find it.

15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know• them by their fruits•. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good• fruit•; but a corrupt• tree bringeth forth devil• fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit• is hewn• down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits•(that which looks like Yeshua) ye shall know them.

21 ¶ Not every one that saith• unto me, Lord•, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth• the will of my Father which is in heaven•.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied• in thy name? and in thy name• have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew• you: depart• from me, ye that work iniquity•.

24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth• these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I• will liken him unto a wise man, which built• his house upon a• rock:

25 And the rain• descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a crock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house•; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these• sayings, the people were astonished• at his doctrine•:

29 For he taught them as one having authority•, and not as the• scribes.

Any Preaching that does not bring forth Holiness (meaning a separation from this world) is false preaching.

All Preaching is to conform the hearer into the image of The Author and Finisher of Salvation "Yeshua"...

Not telling you how to be happy, successful, and healthy.
False teachers are deceiving even true Christians with their feel-good and do-good messages that entertain rather than emphasize that man is a sinner, and the shed blood of Christ is the only redemption from Hell for eternity. The prosperity message that God owes great wealth and ecstatic healings and miracles, if we but follow the false teachers’ interpretations of God’s holy Word, is leading millions into darkness and spiritual poverty. The “falling away” or apostasy of 2 Thessalonians, chapter 2, seems well underway in our time.

Can Antichrist, the ultimate deceiver, be far behind in galloping onto the stage of end-time history?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
I suggest we go to any random church supper, and I'm sure we will find the mother lode of "cackling women". [clap2]

[pound] [pound]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
HisGrace, I am aware that tapes, images and such can be alter, but am not aware of this about the "cackling woman" could you give me some resources in which I can see what you are talking about.

Someone provided a link a year ago or so. I have looked all over for it, but it is like for a needle in a haystack.
Grace;

I suggest we go to any random church supper, and I'm sure we will find the mother lode of "cackling women". [clap2]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
HisGrace, I am aware that tapes, images and such can be alter, but am not aware of this about the "cackling woman" could you give me some resources in which I can see what you are talking about.

Someone provided a link a year ago or so. I have looked all over for it, but it is like for a needle in a haystack.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can't believe that mature, educated people in the 21st century would fall for this sort of garbage. If you do, the devil really has you deceived. Absolutey ridiculous. Come on folks - don't fall into this trap.

Watch for the cackling woman gang. She goes to every convention. You can't miss her - she probably will be at the very front of every video. [cool_shades]

You are right HisGrace; some videos are doctored. But that doesn't mean that all of them are. You love to use the example of the "cackling woman". Okay. We get it. That one is a fake.

But what you still don't seem to get, is that all of them aren't fake. And the false teaching of these televangelists is not fake. It is real and it is deceiving far too many Christians. You it seems, are one of them.

Christians who fall for obviously fake videos are not using good discernment. I'll give you that. But neither are Christians who fall for false teaching. And neither are Christians who have been given sound doctrinal evidence against it and still have the audacity to defend it.

One "cackling woman" does not erase or change the fact that these preachers are teaching doctrine contrary to the bible.

THAT is the bottom line here; not any video, article or website.

I have said this to you before, and I will say it again, since you continually refuse to acknowledge it:

I have personally watched these people on their own television programs. I have personally read some of their books. I have personally listened to some of their tapes. I have seen one of them in person several times.

I'm sorry, but your discernment level on this subject is non-existant. You are wrong. Period.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
The video is compilied of unaltered clips of Paul Crouch, Rodney Howard-Browne, Benny Hinn, Jan Crouch, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Steve Brock, Steve Hill, John Avanzini, and more...

You'll be shocked, stupefied, appalled, disgusted, and saddened all in one as you watch the outrageous antics of well-known Christian celebrities and their untold thousands of gullible followers.

You'll shake your head in dismay as you see men barking like dogs and being led around on leashes; women howling like wolves and braying like donkeys; and profanity shouted from the pulpit.

You'll recoil in astonishment to discover supposed Christian leaders scoffing at Bible doctrine; a televangelist and his associates sharing an opium smoking pipe ; possessed people slithering like serpents at crusades; and thousands of worshippers blasphemously speaking in false tongues and breaking out in roaring, hysterical laughter...

I can't believe that mature, educated people in the 21st century would fall for this sort of garbage. If you do, the devil really has you deceived. Absolutey ridiculous. Come on folks - don't fall into this trap.

Watch for the cackling woman gang. She goes to every convention. You can't miss her - she probably will be at the very front of every video. [cool_shades]

BTW if you would use the 'url' feature for your links we won't get such wide margins.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

"Woe unto ye, ye blind guides..."—Matthew 23:16
"...clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots…to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever."—Jude 12-13

"The blind and the dead."

My friends, this is the shocker of all shocker videos.

The scriptures speak of "inventors of evil things" (Romans 1:30). Well, after seeing this video, I know you will agree with me that these deceitful men and women, slick as they are with their covetous promises of prosperity and lying signs and wonders on unholy display, are not mere religious charlatans. They are, in fact, truly "inventors of evil things."

Finally, after you personally view this video, my prayer is that you will invite some of the more zealous fans of these deceivers over to your house—or to your church—and present the video to them. Then, they will have no excuse. Here is enough evidence to convince even the most dull and insensitive of believers in Christ that we are all in the chaotic midst of a rampaging pack of apostate wolves. Wolves who, unfortunately, have up to now fooled untold millions into accepting as valid their black, black behavior and conduct.

Do yourself and the TRUE CHURCH a favor, get the video. See first hand the deceit of these false teachers.

The video is compilied of unaltered clips of Paul Crouch, Rodney Howard-Browne, Benny Hinn, Jan Crouch, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Steve Brock, Steve Hill, John Avanzini, and more...

You'll be shocked, stupefied, appalled, disgusted, and saddened all in one as you watch the outrageous antics of well-known Christian celebrities and their untold thousands of gullible followers.

You'll shake your head in dismay as you see men barking like dogs and being led around on leashes; women howling like wolves and braying like donkeys; and profanity shouted from the pulpit.

You'll recoil in astonishment to discover supposed Christian leaders scoffing at Bible doctrine; a televangelist and his associates sharing an opium smoking pipe ; possessed people slithering like serpents at crusades; and thousands of worshippers blasphemously speaking in false tongues and breaking out in roaring, hysterical laughter...

http://www.store.yahoo.com/infowars-shop/blindanddead.html

http://www.texemarrs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=catalog&Product_Code=blind_and_dead_vhs&Category_Code=vbtm_videos_by_texe_marrs

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Is there something you do to get it to print that info and I dont know the trick or do you type that every time?

Here's what I usually do:

When I want to "quote" different people in the same reply, I use 'Word' to compile my reply. Then I go to the first post I want to "Quote" from and hit the "Reply with Quote" (" ") at the top of the post. I delete whatever I don't want to quote (being sure to leave the beginning "Originally Posted By _______"), then cut and paste it into my 'Word' document and type my reply.

When I'm ready to add the next persons quote, I go back to the thread and repeat the process - but I don't hit "Add Reply" until I've completed my full post in 'Word.' Then I copy the entire reply in my 'Word' document and paste it into a completely blank "Reply" box.

This way all the quotes of the different people are easy to identify.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was asking you because I would like to see what you are seeing here or understand it even if I disagree. If you do not want to answer that is fine, but it is not that I do not agree, at this point I am missing the correlation. I felt that you had made a sincere attempt to show me your point. I was making a sincere attempt to understand it.

I was quoting Softtouch. Is there something you do to get it to print that info and I dont know the trick or do you type that every time? I am on another board and it prints who you are quoting automatically, and it seems that I always forget to type it here. I am sorry, I can see that it is confusing and annoying to the reader that I do not to do print that info.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
I certainly can see that God allowed Job to become completely stripped of all he had. What I dont see is how this supports the idea that God's power was not free to work until Job had done all he could humanly do. In fact the whole story of Job to me is contrary to this thought.

I really didn't expect for you to agree with me. Forget it - I have no comment.

BTW, who are you quoting in your last post?

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I hear ya Sis [Smile]

I could probably read those three articles (and probably have) and not catch the line or two you're referring to... I'd likely be focused on the message the article was trying to point out. (The devils in the details huh?)

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Point taken about my choice of 'sources' but at least you know (from experience) that the things that lecturer was talking about are real. I can't promise that I won't ever use a questionable source again (even though I believe the clips on that DVD are authentic).
I am not questioning the "sources" of those Dvd's; please know that; I am only saying that I would not personally use them as a quoted source or make reference to them unless I could personally substantiate their authenticity and that is just me. If you feel that they are authentic, then just say you have seen clips of video and be done with that. Then you will at least stand or fall on your own two feet. do you know what I mean?

quote:

I have in the past given many 'quotes' of those teachers, complete with references to the tapes, dates, and transcripts they came from, only to be told that the quotes were too old...

Yes, those who do not want to hear will question you no matter what you do or dont do.. I know that people will say this or that is too old, so I look for what is current, if I want to document something. Believe me there is enough - as Hardcore said you can hardly listen to these folks and not here something that is not Biblically accurate.

quote:

Oh well, I can only try and if folks dismiss the articles I post, maybe they'll listen to your first hand experience? However, I know that some will not... In the end all we can do is be faithful to expose the lies and the job of Convicting the heart belongs to God alone

Nope, they will dismiss me as a liar, but that is ok, because God knows. It is not my job to convict people of anything. Conviction is by the Spirit. Ps... they dismiss the articles I post too! Which is why I select them as carefully as I can. I figure I can get myself in enough trouble all by myself.

Right now, over at eric's there are at least three really good articles I would like to post on end time stuff, but I cant because there is maybe one line in each of them that someone would use to bring can bring criticism that would take away from the whole article which is a good and truthful article and someone with discernement could read it and take the good and leave the bad, but that is not what would be done by those who will always defend men over the word. So, I dont post the article and that is a shame.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Ok HisGrace, how does that scene support this statement? Can you please explain to me what you see here that I dont?

I certainly can see that God allowed Job to become completely stripped of all he had. What I dont see is how this supports the idea that God's power was not free to work until Job had done all he could humanly do. In fact the whole story of Job to me is contrary to this thought.

In Chapter 40 of Job, we find Job, who has from the beginning of this trial desired and pleaded for the opportunity to plead his case before God, and now here we see God give him that opportunity and Job, will not speak; why? because Job understands that God is Almighty and can do what He wills when He wills, to whom He wills and none of us has the right to question that. So it is hard for me to understand that this text supports the notion that God's power alone is only free to work when man has done all that he can do and failed. Actually it is hard for me to understand that God's power is ever limited or unfree to work in any way by any one, or being, or thing.

It does occur to me that man may be only free to see it once he has done all he can do and failed.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
You said we need the Gospel truth, show us the Gospel truth that says that God's power alone be free to work, only when human effort has done its best and failed.

Let's take a look at the story of Job. He went through every test and tribulation possible and constantly cried out to God. God didn't respond to him until near the end of the Book of Job. When he was totally yielded, finally God took control.

Job 40: 8-11. Are you going to discredit my justice and condemn me so you can say you are right? Are you as strong as God, and can you thunder with a voice like his? All right then, put on your robes and state your majesty and splendor. Give vent to your anger . Let it overflow against the proud.

At last, Job recognizes that his pride has been tested to the limit -
Job 42; 1-6 Then Job replied to the Lord; "I know that you can do anything and no one can stop you. You ask. 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance' It is I. And I was talking about things I did not understand, things far too wonderful for me.
You Said,'Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them'. I had heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Point taken about my choice of 'sources' [Wink] but at least you know (from experience) that the things that lecturer was talking about are real. I can't promise that I won't ever use a questionable source again (even though I believe the clips on that DVD are authentic).

I have in the past given many 'quotes' of those teachers, complete with references to the tapes, dates, and transcripts they came from, only to be told that the quotes were too old...

Oh well, I can only try and if folks dismiss the articles I post, maybe they'll listen to your first hand experience? However, I know that some will not... In the end all we can do is be faithful to expose the lies and the job of Convicting the heart belongs to God alone [Smile]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
The most priceless video is the one where that weird-looking cackling woman is strategically placed in the front of the camera and manages to make it to all of their revivals.

Same video - different WOF speaker. A real joke.

I dont think that I am familiar with this.

Deb, I think that Hal and I are pretty much one in our feelings about these things; Hal is more cautious about his name and reputation and witness than I am of my own. They were interesting but not things we did not already know, and they were things that we both saw, good to keep in the back of one's mind, but not something that we would speak of except where it was something we could personally attest to. I think I fell asleep during the one that has Hagin in it. I am terrible about that. I fell asleep and it took me 3 times to get through the first one. Poor Hal, He sat through them with me repeatedly!

I cant get the weather one to work which is one that I really wanted to see. We are going to try it on the Laptop.

My husband's heart was broken a few years ago to learn of some of the apostasies of Hinn and we learned them from listening to Hinn and seeing where he does not line up with the Bible. We were into these people and we supported serveral of their ministries. And we feel that God allowed us to see so that we would know, when we spoke against these things which we would come to be le to do as we learned the scripture, but in the beginning we did not know the scripture and we were hungry and so we listened to about every preacher that we could get our hands on and then slowly, God taught us to study the word alone, prayerfully seeking HIS guidance and Spirit's leading and slowly one by one we became aware of the apostasies being taught out there.

But it was very hard for Hal...he did not want it to be so with Hinn. But when the Spirit convicts you of something, there is no denying it, if you are walking in the spirit.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Linda, what did Hal think of it? And have you watched the one that shows Hagin (I think it's Hagin?) so 'drunk in the spirit' that they have to hold him up? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
I give up folks. Corrie Ten Boom was one of the most saintly women who ever lived, and to treat her with such great disrespect is another exercise in grossly manipulating the words of a truly Holy Spirit-guided woman.
Does the fact that I respect Cory Ten Boom and believe her to be a godly woman (and I do) mean that I must agree with every word she has ever said? Was she will she walked this earth Christ? Perfect? Incapable of error? Have not we all come short of the glory of God???? Where does the Bible teach that some are more saintly than others in Christ's church?

Cory Ten Boom was human just like you or I. And capable of the same error as you or I. She was no more saintly than you if you are born again. We all are righteous because Christ is righteous and we are righteous ONLY ( No more or Less) to the degree that HE is righteous because it is HIS righteousness that we wear; if we were not wearing HIS we would have none!

Paul himself taught that he himself should be rebuked if he spoke contrary to the word!

I ask you again HisGrace, instead of doing your normal routine of making accusations against the poster aa you have just done with me saying that I have disrespected Cory Ten Boom, why dont you give us some scripture to show that this statement fits a Biblical World view????

You said we need the Gospel truth, show us the Gospel truth that says that God's power alone be free to work, only when human effort has done its best and failed.

I dont disrepect Cory Ten Boom;I admire Cory Ten Boom, but I fundamentally disagree with her assertation here, though I have read the book and I fully understand what she was sharing and ask you to show some scripture that shows it lines up with the Bible.

White Eagle in another thread spoke of the difference in sharing our witness and making doctrine out of it. Cory Ten Boom has here shared her witness and I understand it; but when you posted her comment as doctrine and out of context, Deb's ears perked up and I agree that they should have because this statement does not line up with a Biblical worldview.

HisGrace
unregistered

The most priceless video is the one where that weird-looking cackling woman is strategically placed in the front of the camera and manages to make it to all of their revivals.

Same video - different WOF speaker. A real joke. [cool_shades]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Well, I probably would not refer to the videos because I would not feel comfortable enough to know that they were or were not authentic.

It is just too easy to manipulate video and audio these days. I am always skeptical and I wont put my own reputation on something unless I can document it myself.

I did see that clip of Hinn's wife and yes it does look authentic; I looked at Hal and said: "Ughhh do you think that is for real or do you thnk someone did something with that clip?" I would not refer to that clip because I did not see it from the source- TBN Archive or transcript. That is just me. I dont want to put my reputation on the line for someone else's work that I cant personally authenticate.

Maybe that comes from college, where you would be slain for developing a paper on 2nd hand documentation, I dont know.

Maybe it comes from my mom beating in my head to only believe half of what you see. Maybe it comes from my dad preaching that you should guard your reputation and good name with all diligence, I dont know, but it is something that is very ingrained in me.

The person who narrates these videos seems to me sincere, in that they are not presented in a way that seems to be with guille or agenda against anyone, but with a sincere desire to warn the church, but I have no way of knowing where he got the clips and the integrity of that person, so for me it just would not be my choice to put my reputation on them, though they are useful to put in your mind to watch for these things yourself, that when yo hear such error, you are aware of such error... they can at least teach us to proceed with caution.

If I could go to the TV station's archives and see it there or read the transcript that would be one thing. I would not repeat it or use it as reference, if I could not go back to the proported source of its airing.

When I read or hear something someone says so and so said... I go looking for the place where they said it.. a book or a magazine...most print media has easily accessable archives. If I can find that actual archived article and see the print for myself, then I may refer to it.

We dont have TV now, but I have seen plenty of TBN to have heard with my own ears most of what I hear being said about these people coming from their own mouths.

I also have over the years gotten their magazines and I could kick myself today for not having kept them for reference. I have also heard some of the teaching tapes with my own ears as the actual ministry produced tape played on my own tape player. Some of these older tapes by Copeland, Hinn, and Meyers can be gotten from the local library.

To me, it is like Hardcore said, if you know the scripture and if you will listen carefully, you can hardly view any of these folks that you do not have the Spirit pull on your ear and say ..ooh, wait, that is not right. It really is a matter of what you want to hear. Many are willingly ignorant.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I Don't watch TV preachers, but that doesn't mean that I haven't seen PLENTY of clips of these preachers preaching their heresy. I've said this Many Times on this BBS... but of course you wouldn't bother telling that part...

The operative word here is 'clips', by someone else saying that they call themselves 'little gods', which shows you are falling into a trap of lies by these sites. I never, ever heard them call themselves little gods or messiahs. Their original intent has been twisted.

I give up folks. Corrie ten Boom was one of the most saintly women who ever lived, and to treat her with such great disrespect is another exercise in grossly manipulating the words of a truly Holy Spirit-guided woman.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
Excuse me HisGrace but you're wrong. I have Heard and Seen Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland make these claims of being 'little god men' and 'little messiahs'

I Stand by what I posted. It is the Truth and Much of the WF teaching is straight out of Gnosticism/New Ageism. That is The Truth.

quote:
From Soft Touch - Sorry guys, I'm not familiar with her. I don't really read Christian books or watch preachers on TV. I was just reacting to that quote... it just sounded really Off.
Hhmmmm. Also, 'sounded' isn't good enough. We need the Gospel Truth. [Cross]

LOL!!!! How LONG did it take you to Dig this up just to try to show I'm a liar (which I'm not). No, I Don't watch TV preachers, but that doesn't mean that I haven't seen PLENTY of clips of these preachers preaching their heresy. I've said this Many Times on this BBS... but of course you wouldn't bother telling that part...

In fact, I have a growing library of DVD's that expose these types of things. These are Not 'digitally altered' or 'cut and pasted' together clips... these are very clear and concise and show plainly the False Teaching and False Manifestations (which are Anything But Holy Spirit driven). In fact, Linda has a couple of these DVD's right now. I'm sure she's gonna Flip when she sees Mrs. Benny Hinn telling folks they need 'a holy gost enema' [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

wow.... Thank you Sister Linda - I'm in tears right now and am truly humbled by your kind and loving words.

To GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
Hhmmmm. Also, 'sounded' isn't good enough. We need the Gospel Truth.
Ok HisGrace; What is the Gospel truth?

There are several of us here who believe that you used Corry Ten Boom's comment out of context there to defend your continual defense of the apostate, but lets say that you did not.

We all I think agree that Corry Ten Boom was a godly Christian woman even though we dont even all agree with her on all points of doctrine.

Lets look at this statement of hers according to scripture, because I say that even though Deb may have jumped to conclusion about reading Ten Boom's book The Hidding Place, which is a great book, and I will attest to that.

However, I would say that her ears of discernment on this topic was pretty right on target and even Cory Ten Boom is no above error.

Here is her statement as Deb responded to it and was MISQUOTED by you:

quote:
" Sometimes when human nature has done its best and failed, God's power alone is free to work."
This is Cory’s actual statement as you posted it later in response to Dale. I have not checked it out in the book for accuracy:

quote:
Once again they considered stopping the work. Once again we discovered we could not.

That night Father, Betsie and I prayed long after the others had gone to bed. We knew that in spite of daily mounting risks we had no choice but to move forward. This was evil's hour; we could not run away from it. Perhaps only when human effort had done its best and failed, would God's power alone be free to work."

Now, what is the Gospel truth about that statement? Does the Bible support that God's power is bound until man has done all that he can in his human nature do and then, ONLY then is God's power alone free to work?

Show me some gospel truth scripture to support that thinking HisGrace!

I would say that while I may well be able to understand the point that Cory Ten Boom was making this statement if I read the context, it is still in error from the standpoint of a Biblical world view and Deb was right on target to have felt that it "just was not right"

I believe that GOD Almighty of the Holy Bible's power alone is free to work no mater what man's human nature has done or not done. Can you show some scripture to support the idea that God is bound until man has done what he will do and failed????

What is the Gospel truth here?

I will say this about Deb... she may not always articulate correctly and she may rely too much on other people's work, and she may use other people's work to make her point when she would be better off to just say what she thinks... but Deb knows the scripture better than a lot of people I know and there is nothing wrong with her ears of discernement because while she may not always be able to articulate what is "just not quite right", she sure does have enough of the Bible written firmly in her heart to know that something does not line up when she hears it, and I would rather be in that position any day that so lacking in my knowlege of the scriptures that I believed every little tickling word that some WOF or TV preacher taught, just because they tught it in the name of Jesus and when faced with scripture black and white to disprove my error had to manipulate the scripture to agree with my naive error so I did not have to swallow a little pride and admit that I had been deceived, which is exactly the position that too many are in today! You can find them in church pews all around this country defending men and all the while claiming we need the truth while never themselves seeking or desiring to hear the truth, and even more rarely speaking it, but instead persecuting those who do.

And will also say this about Deb; when she is in error she is quick to admit it and even more quick to apologize and I do not know her ever to defend any man above the scripture; even her own pastor. There are few people I know who desire God's truth above all else as much as I know Deb to desire God's truth at any and all costs.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Excuse me HisGrace but you're wrong. I have Heard and Seen Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland make these claims of being 'little god men' and 'little messiahs'

I Stand by what I posted. It is the Truth and Much of the WF teaching is straight out of Gnosticism/New Ageism. That is The Truth.

quote:
From Soft Touch - Sorry guys, I'm not familiar with her. I don't really read Christian books or watch preachers on TV. I was just reacting to that quote... it just sounded really Off.
Hhmmmm. Also, 'sounded' isn't good enough. We need the Gospel Truth. [Cross]
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

AMEN Dale! AMEN! [thumbsup2]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

2nd Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a ... 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, ...

Hardcore posted this quote ...

"It is better to be divided by truth than united in error; it is better to speak truth that hurts and then heals than to speak a lie; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude...The religion of today is ‘get-along-ism.’ It is time for men and women of God to stand, [even] if they have to stand alone." ~

Adrian Rogers

I agree with that statement 100%...

Yeshua said only a few would be save,

He also said the way that leads to eternal life is narrow ...

but the Word of Faith teachers and the Rick Warren's and Joel Osteen’s have made the Gospel user friendly and easy for all to enter.

Galatians 1:6, "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel."

We are not free to sin but have been made free from sin.

Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Strong’s definition of Grace …..good will,loving-kindness, favor of the merciful kindness by which Yahweh, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues (sounds a lot like Jeremiah 31:33 to me)

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
True Jesus Christ went to the grave with Authority. The battle of battles was won, but Satan didn't accept defeat, he still hasn't accepted defeat. It is a struggle. Satan knows his time is short. Even though he knows he is doomed to the Lake of Fire, he will continue to fight and attack Christ until the End. Satan attacks Christians and has never stopped. He is not an honest enemy. He is the father of lies, murderer, the thief, who comes to rob, kill and destroy. He attacks us even now, and we continue the battles.

Satan is forced to accept the Authority of Christ. He has no choice. Yet , he still can cause havoc in those who are not saved and in Christians who start believing his lies.

You wont get any argument from me here! I agree, which is why it is so important that our paradigms are based in the scriptures.
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Satan is forced to accept the Authority of Christ. He has no choice. Yet , he still can cause havoc in those who are not saved and in Christians who start believing his lies.

The good news is that by going daily going to the cross, the enemy can be defeated. This is the wonderful gift of grace and mercy Jesus has given us through his shed blood, just for the asking.

Col.2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, TRIUMPHING OVER THE CROSS.

~His life didn't end at the cross. Jesus now lives forever and victoriously, as we can also live triumphantly with and through Him.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
but he gained victory over the cross and death through his resurrection.
Christ gained victory over the cross and over death through his resurrection?

I would say that because of HIS victory on the cross death could not hold him and thus the Spirit of God raised HIM, and because HE was raised you have hope also of rising.

Your victory and mine over sin in the flesh is one the cross and our victory over death are in HIS rising.

His victory was complete on the cross.

The difference in my view and copeland's view is that Copeland saw that Jesus after he had died had to go into hell and battle the devil and all his demons to take the authority over hell from the devil. I believe that Jesus went into the grave with that authority.

True Jesus Christ went to the grave with Authority. The battle of battles was won, but Satan didn't accept defeat, he still hasn't accepted defeat. It is a struggle. Satan knows his time is short. Even though he knows he is doomed to the Lake of Fire, he will continue to fight and attack Christ until the End. Satan attacks Christians and has never stopped. He is not an honest enemy. He is the father of lies, murderer, the thief, who comes to rob, kill and destroy. He attacks us even now, and we continue the battles.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Yes ladies, we must use careful discernment.

Statement of Faith (KCM)
We believe in one God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, was resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.

We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.

We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.

We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.

We believe in divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the Redemption.

We believe in water baptism, in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers.

We believe in the Christian's hope-the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

and a few verses later we find:

quote:
2 Corinthians 11: 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:

The difference in my view and copeland's view is that Copeland saw that Jesus after he had died had to go into hell and battle the devil and all his demons to take the authority over hell from the devil. I believe that Jesus went into the grave with that authority.

This view won't affect anyone's salvation. This opinion has differed by many theologians, and to me, that is something that doesn't have to be made 100% clear, as long as I understand that Jesus died for my sins and I have salvation through his redeeming blood shed on the cross by a now risen Saviour.
quote:
From helpforhomeschoolers -His victory was complete on the cross
His earthly body was placed in a humble grave, and his victory wasn't complete until he arose triumphantly from that earthly grave, defeating death and the devil, to live forever.

Acts 22:29-33 Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay.

God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
but he gained victory over the cross and death through his resurrection.
Christ gained victory over the cross and over death through his resurrection?

I would say that because of HIS victory on the cross death could not hold him and thus the Spirit of God raised HIM, and because HE was raised you have hope also of rising.

Your victory and mine over sin in the flesh is one the cross and our victory over death are in HIS rising.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
1. Jesus did not die a spiritual death. The Bible teaches that Jesus died in the flesh, defeating sin in the flesh and that his very much alive and living spirit was commended unto the hand of the father.

2. The cross is not the place of defeat. The cross is the place of victory.

I am beginning to see why you misunderstand what the Copelands are saying about the cross. The devil tried to use the cross as a symbol of Jesus' defeat, but he gained victory over the cross and death through his resurrection.

KC has quoted Romans 1 in relation to Jesus' glory and victoy over death.

Romans 6:1-11 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

IN THE SAME WAY, COUNT YOURSELVES DEAD TO SIN BUT ALIVE TO GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

AMEN Sister Linda!

I seem to recall a rather LONG and Heated 'debate' (about a year ago?) on this very issue and I Too posted an article FROM Copelands Own Webstie about Jesus in Hell having to fight demons etc...

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

HISGRACE wake up! I got it from Kenneth Copeland's own mouth and over a year ago I posted a link to Kenneth Copeland's own website where you could view a video of him preaching this stuff.

I have heard it with my own ears from his own mouth that is where I got it from.

If God is ever able to open your ears and eyes and mind enough to get you to defend the Bible and Jesus with the veracity with which you defend men, you will be a mighty force in the Kingdom of God!

Kenneth Copeland does teach that Jesus battled demons in hell for the authority over hell in hand combat.

Kenneth Copeland does teach that Jesus came out of the grave a Born Again Human being.

Kenneth Copeland does teach that the work was not finished on the cross, but continued for 3 days and nights in the pit of hell.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
When I look at the very root of all the doctrinal problems that I see with WOF, I come back to what I see as the central error of their teaching and that error is the nature of Christ. All other error in WOF stems IMO from this error, and it is of the same nature of error that the great apologists of the first 3 centuries spoke against.

1. Jesus did not die a spiritual death. The Bible teaches that Jesus died in the flesh, defeating sin in the flesh and that his very much alive and living spirit was commended unto the hand of the father.

What on earth are you talking about?? Wherever you got this from is making up a total fabrication.

They are ripping away at the very fundamental fibre of Kenneth Copeland and others' mission of spreading the word that Jesus is very much alive and totally defeated the devil at the cross. These statements are absolutely ridiculous. I know their ministries well enough to know that the above is totally out of line with their beliefs.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Thanks for your post, while I dont think that we will come to unity on this issue, I do feel that you post gave me a good understanding of what you see.

I appreciated knowing that you can see some of what concerns me as you demonstrated by the word hyper-faith.

I also can appreciate that you have never heard some of these things said on these websites and I dont know which things you refer to, but I can say that there is much that is said that I have heard.

It is ironic to me because I used to follow Copeland and Meyers quite closely, and it was in my own church that I first heard someone speak against thier teachings. I was oh, so offeneded. My poor family had to listen to me rant and rave all the way home, I was so upset and I was upset because the speaker had clearly a personaly agenda against these and others that he spoke against. I was mad at my pastor who let this person speak. I was just mad mad mad. I realized some time after that that GOD had allowed me to be offended because there were some things that I had yet to learn that I needed to learn before I stopped listening to the Copelands and much of the rest of the TBN crowd. Then when I had learned these things, then God allowed me to see the errors that this man saw. God also impressed upon me that this man did have a personal agenda and that this was not HIS way. I would speak against my own pastor whom I dearly love if he ever began to teach either by words or witness the things that I see taught by many WOF teachers. With all my heart I desire to esteem no man above what is written.

You see that these preach the true Gospel; I do not agree. The main reason that I do not agree is that the Jesus that they preach is not my Jesus and I believe not the Jesus of the Bible.

When I study the writings of the early church fathers that spoke against gnosticism, and Valentinism, and Marcionism, and all the isms that they spoke against in their day I find that the "heresy" that they spoke against always had to do with one of two things...maybe three:

1.the nature of Christ and the Godhead
2. Sin
3. The lording over of the people

When I look at the very root of all the doctrinal problems that I see with WOF, I come back to what I see as the central error of their teaching and that error is the nature of Christ. All other error in WOF stems IMO from this error, and it is of the same nature of error that the great apologists of the first 3 centuries spoke against.

I could write much more on this as the implications of these things are far reaching and perhaps touch ever aspect of our doctrines, but I won't at this point belabor these points that have been discussed here at length in the past.

Here is what I know. If Jesus had died a spiritual death, if the death of HIS flesh and blood human person had not been sufficient, then HE was not GOD manifest in the flesh and the fullness of the Godhead including the SPIRIT of ALMIGHTY GOD that cannot DIE, did not live in HIM and that not be so... then HE could not atone for your sin or mine.

Thus the Jesus that Copeland preaches and the Jesus that Meyers has preached, is no more the Jesus of the Scripture or the JESUS that is my Savior than is the Mormon Spirit brother of Satan Jesus.

This failure on the part of WOF teachers to understand the work of the cross in all its totality colors their doctrine at every turn and in my opinion makes it to be heresy. If a man does not understand what the cross did for us, then he cannot understand nor rightly preach what is now in this life ours through the cross.

If you do not understand what is ours through the cross then you continue to live unvictorious lives never resting in Christ, never possessing all things while having nothing, seeking peace and Joy and power in earthly things, battling with your fesh, striving to have great enough faith, striving to pray hard enough in just the right way, striving with your flesh against sin in your flesh, and on and on and on.

The reason the church is sick and powerless and in debt and depressed and divorced and in sin and in bondage to so many things is because the church is still trying to work its own works and because it thinks that its works are being spiritually worked it thinks it is not doing its own works, but it is working its own works every bit as much as the pharisee of the 1st century. The church is not assembled, the church is not resting, the church is not even displaying the blessings with which they are blessed in the heavenlies. The majority of the church is in bondage and desires things worldly and is worldly and has no idea in this world what it means to grow UP into Christ and they seek and they search and they by this one's book and that one's book and they find peace, but only till the next crisis or the next book that some preacher sells them.

HERE IS THE ONLY BOOK THE CHURCH NEEDS... THE HOLY BIBLE. HERE IS THE ONLY PEACE JOY AND POWER THe CHRUCH NEEDS.......JESUS!!!

The BIBLE says seek ye FIRST the KINGDOM. THe Kingdom is found in knowing the KING and Copeland is not preaching the KING of the BIBLE. HE is preaching his unbiblical version of the KING and it is a version without Power and that is why, people need to turn off their set and get to another camp meeting and buy another book.

ughhhhhhh. I am sorry. I did not mean to rant. It just breaks my heart.

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Paul preached Christ Crucified. Paul did not preach Christ born again in hell; Paul did not poreach Christ defeated at the cross. Paul did not preach Christ died a spiritual death. Paul did not preach Christ battling demons in hell for the keys. Paul preached Christ crucified because it is to those who will hear - the POWER of the Almighty GOD.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Good Morning WHite Eagle.. it was not bait. Yes I agree with you that all of these that you listed are based on works. The point was not that their sites would look like copelands or anyone else's but that I could take basic information from their site and build a site that you could day the same thing about. I wanted to say that we have to see a whole picture because I can print on my site just what I want said and nothing more and give what ever impression I want to give.

My husband and I have business aquintances that are Mormon, and you can have a conversation with them and talk about Jesus, and talk about the gifts of the Spirit and talk about sin and talk about salvation and have a conversation just like you and I might have here and if you did not know that they were Mormons you would not know from the conversation. In High school my oldest daughter had a friend that was a Mormon. She lost her mom right after Graduation and so she spent a lot of time in our home over the years at holidays especially, and at our house there is always talk of God and Jesus and what he has done for us and how he is in our lives and this young woman can join in the conversation and you would never know that she was not of the same faith as you. My first job was in a denatal practice where there were 4 dentists. One of them a Mormon, and the same thing was true of him.. aside from the fact that he chided me for smoking and drinking coffee (which he did based on health reasons and not religious ones) you would not know that he was not Christian. And lastly my husband's DM for one of the companies he represents is a Mormon and the same thing is true with him, and even with him... he will have a cup of coffee or a coke with you.

But we know tha when these persons say JESUS... it is not the same Jesus that we have faith in. Even in looking at the Main LDS website you do not get the full jest of their beliefs about Christ!!! You have to read the book of Mormon to really get that. I have read the book of Mormon.

When we speak of WOF and those who teach it, I dont think that any of these people seeks to mislead anyone. I believe that they themselves are mislead. I believed that K Copeland for example believes that Jesus died a spiritual death on the cross and was born again in hell. I believe that he believes that he believes that Jesus had to fight demons in hell for the keys to the kingdom. I believe that when he preaches this (and there is a link to a video of him preaching this on his site) I believe that this subject has been discussed here at length and some maybe even you feels that this is insignificant and unimportant, but I believe that it is contrary to the scipture and when really examined it undermines the work of the cross and causes people to miss somethings that are important and GOD wanted us to get. So, I will preach against any man that preaches this... it matters not to me what his name.

What I find is that this teaching, which many if not all WOF teachers believe or teach colors their theology in other areas and leads to more error.

I have always appreciated that you desire people to see the spiritual lessons that are present in the scripture. You remind me of my brother Thunder, who I believe brought into my life to show me that balance that is there between the things literal and the things spiritual in the scrpture. We must have this balance. I agree with your stand against legalism.

But this balance cannot come at the expense of scrptural and doctrinal integrity. To allow it to do so is to make the same error as the pharisee, though it is made in the spiritual sense of things as opposed to the natural or earthly sense of things. While it may not for you come at the expense of scriptural integrity and doctrinal integrity, that is not the case with some. It is not the case with some who follow these WOF teachers, maybe because they do not have enough sound doctrine committed to their minds, hearts, brains etc.. but it is not so with many of the WOF teachers even more so... because for so many of them.. the love of the material things of this world has gotten in the way and the sale of books and tapes and the bringing in of dollars to feed the monster they have built have now become a stumbling block to the truth.

I didn't mean that you intentionally were baiting me. [Cool] I just saw another challenge from your post in a good way to seek out what the Mormons and other cults do say about Salvation and compare it to the WOF. I liked that kind of challenge because I want to find out for sure if what I assume is actually true about any given situation. Like the saying:
"Curiousity killed the cat....but satisfaction brought him back."LOL! [Wink]

You are correct the Mormons are not talking about the same Jesus of Nazareth that we are. Just as Islam is not talking about the same Almighty God that we know from the Bible.

Mormons say somewhat all the right things until one gets more details such as from their book of Mormon. Their belief is saved by one's works. They in essensce preach to have faith in a Jesus, and then make sure one does all the right things to ensure their place in heaven.

By contrast the WOF teaches Salvation through the Christ and also teaches Christians how to have a personal relationship with God through Christ and the Holy Spirit as teacher. What comes out of our heart in the bottom line. Our words are important, because as James points out, our tongues are like the bridle of a horse or the rudder of a ship.

Does WOF get too hyper-faith? ie teaching about prosperity, blessings, ect through our words? Yes at times some of them do. I have watched Ken Copeland and have never heard him say things that are attributed to him by these heresy web sites. I feel his quotes are being taken out of the context of whatever his total message had been.

Example:

My pastor recently did a teaching about how Christians are the "Ark of the Covenant" carriers. That we carry the Ark within ourselves.

Sound heretical?

His basis for this connection is scriptural and logical. Paul says we have an advocate with the Father through Jesus Christ and are able to enter the most Holy Place. Paul teaches we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. That we have Christ in us. Jesus said to abide in Him and He will abide in us.

In the Old Testament the Ark of the Covenant was where God met man. Entering the Holy of Holies through God's demand for animal sacrifice and atonement for the sins of the people. In the New Covenant we met God through Christ and carry the Holy Spirit within us. Likened to the Ark as a picture. In Hebrews Paul outlines these pictural associations between the Old and the New.

The WOF does preach the true Gospel of Salvation and the one True Jesus.

That is why I have difficulty in having their ministries called Heresy.

If one wants to just point out that they disagree with their hyperfaith, and temper it to be more balanced to the trials and tribulations Christians are also promised in scripture, then fine. But it's not heresy.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Linda, that was another awesome post! There was So Much there to appreciate that I'd have to quote the enitre post to agree! But I really Appreciated this part:

quote:
I am NOT NOT NOT of the mind that we are to be "poor" for the Lord. I have nothing against wealth. It is GOD who gives the power to get wealth. I believe that in this nation, we have been planted here with unbelievable opportunity to get wealth because we also had the freedom to use that wealth to send forth those who would take the Gospel and the word to the world and to take care of the church in this land that we are seen by the world and the unbeliever in this nation as truly blessed. But sadly, that is not the picture that is seen because we have not done as we ought with that power. We see a few shepherds with unbelievable wealth gotten from the sheeps with itching ears and a church at home that is in debt and in lack, and we see the 10% that the very wealthy shepherds give to "good works" very publically being thrown at those that are oppressed by the devourer where it is devoured. This is not the way of the apostles; it is not the way of the scripture. One error leads to the next and the whole lump is sick!!!

.05% of the money that is given worldwide to missions is spent in the area of the world where 97% of the unreached live!!!!!!!!

AMEN and AMEN!

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Good Morning WHite Eagle.. it was not bait. Yes I agree with you that all of these that you listed are based on works. The point was not that their sites would look like copelands or anyone else's but that I could take basic information from their site and build a site that you could day the same thing about. I wanted to say that we have to see a whole picture because I can print on my site just what I want said and nothing more and give what ever impression I want to give.

My husband and I have business aquintances that are Mormon, and you can have a conversation with them and talk about Jesus, and talk about the gifts of the Spirit and talk about sin and talk about salvation and have a conversation just like you and I might have here and if you did not know that they were Mormons you would not know from the conversation. In High school my oldest daughter had a friend that was a Mormon. She lost her mom right after Graduation and so she spent a lot of time in our home over the years at holidays especially, and at our house there is always talk of God and Jesus and what he has done for us and how he is in our lives and this young woman can join in the conversation and you would never know that she was not of the same faith as you. My first job was in a denatal practice where there were 4 dentists. One of them a Mormon, and the same thing was true of him.. aside from the fact that he chided me for smoking and drinking coffee (which he did based on health reasons and not religious ones) you would not know that he was not Christian. And lastly my husband's DM for one of the companies he represents is a Mormon and the same thing is true with him, and even with him... he will have a cup of coffee or a coke with you.

But we know tha when these persons say JESUS... it is not the same Jesus that we have faith in. Even in looking at the Main LDS website you do not get the full jest of their beliefs about Christ!!! You have to read the book of Mormon to really get that. I have read the book of Mormon.

When we speak of WOF and those who teach it, I dont think that any of these people seeks to mislead anyone. I believe that they themselves are mislead. I believed that K Copeland for example believes that Jesus died a spiritual death on the cross and was born again in hell. I believe that he believes that he believes that Jesus had to fight demons in hell for the keys to the kingdom. I believe that when he preaches this (and there is a link to a video of him preaching this on his site) I believe that this subject has been discussed here at length and some maybe even you feels that this is insignificant and unimportant, but I believe that it is contrary to the scipture and when really examined it undermines the work of the cross and causes people to miss somethings that are important and GOD wanted us to get. So, I will preach against any man that preaches this... it matters not to me what his name.

What I find is that this teaching, which many if not all WOF teachers believe or teach colors their theology in other areas and leads to more error.

I have always appreciated that you desire people to see the spiritual lessons that are present in the scripture. You remind me of my brother Thunder, who I believe brought into my life to show me that balance that is there between the things literal and the things spiritual in the scrpture. We must have this balance. I agree with your stand against legalism.

But this balance cannot come at the expense of scrptural and doctrinal integrity. To allow it to do so is to make the same error as the pharisee, though it is made in the spiritual sense of things as opposed to the natural or earthly sense of things. While it may not for you come at the expense of scriptural integrity and doctrinal integrity, that is not the case with some. It is not the case with some who follow these WOF teachers, maybe because they do not have enough sound doctrine committed to their minds, hearts, brains etc.. but it is not so with many of the WOF teachers even more so... because for so many of them.. the love of the material things of this world has gotten in the way and the sale of books and tapes and the bringing in of dollars to feed the monster they have built have now become a stumbling block to the truth.

ughhh I dont know if that makes sense to you. Let me try to find a practical example:

If we look at the Pharisee. In the Talmud we can find them debating when they should begin praying for rain and when they could stop. I kid you not! This was insane and we know this so clearly! But today, you might find this very same debate going on in a different sense. Today, it will not be a debate about when we should pray, but it will be a debate about how we should pray. A WOF teacher might teach that we must pray with power demanding that God's word says he would bring rain and we must claim that rain! It is ours, by the blood. That might sound good to some. But does God answer the prayers of those who follow a Gloria Copeland more than those that can be found humbly on their knees in a closet somewhere in China praying for rain by supplication? NO! Dear God I pray that you would agree that the answer is NO!

Both have missed the message of the scripture! Both see the rain comes based on what man does and not based on what God is about and what God desires our prayers to be.

Let me also say this because I have been accused of this before and i do not desire my inability to communicate a point to cause you or anyone else to think something of me that is not true.

I am NOT NOT NOT of the mind that we are to be "poor" for the Lord. I have nothing against wealth. It is GOD who gives the power to get wealth. I believe that in this nation, we have been planted here with unbelievable opportunity to get wealth because we also had the freedom to use that wealth to send forth those who would take the Gospel and the word to the world and to take care of the church in this land that we are seen by the world and the unbeliever in this nation as truly blessed. But sadly, that is not the picture that is seen because we have not done as we ought with that power. We see a few shepherds with unbelievable wealth gotten from the sheeps with itching ears and a church at home that is in debt and in lack, and we see the 10% that the very wealthy shepherds give to "good works" very publically being thrown at those that are oppressed by the devourer where it is devoured. This is not the way of the apostles; it is not the way of the scripture. One error leads to the next and the whole lump is sick!!!

.05% of the money that is given worldwide to missions is spent in the area of the world where 97% of the unreached live!!!!!!!!

ughhh! I am sorry for ranting, and for me this issue is so wide... so big, it is about so many things, but it all comes back to sound doctrine.

I know that in some ways, we may not in this life come to unity of faith on these issues. For what ever reasons we have different burdens at times it seems.

I guess as I leave this thread, I would just hope to make one thing the point. And for me, the point is that we come to be defenders of the word more than we are the defenders of men. It would be that when we look at the final words of our LORD to the Churches we see that they all had works, some good some not so good. But when we look at the criticisms of Christ... they were criticisms that all come back to sound doctrine. If our doctrine is sound we will prove (demonstrate) the perfect will of God in our lives. Jesus did not admonish the Pharisee for their adherance to sound doctrine... he admonished them for their lack of adherance to sound doctrine. If their doctrine had been sound, they would not have been following the teachings of the oral torah as expressed by men, but they would have been following the scripture and they would have known the one of whom the scripture spoke when HE stood before them in the flesh. I fear very much that in this country we have about as close to the church of Laodicea as this world is ever gonna see. We think that we have need of nothing and that we are rich and blessed beyond our wildest dreams, but we are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I sadly believe that WOF is promoting this belief that we are rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
WOF is not based upon works, but fruit of the Spirit. We are created in the image of God, yet we are NOT gods.

That's what many seem to be missing about the WOF. All of their views are very strongly Bible-based. Their message of "We are created in the image of God, yet we are NOT gods" has been ridiculously twisted by the press, done in the name of 'holiness.'
Does any one read the Bible? I agree with you.
Misconceptions due to lack of knowledge.

Christ in you the Hope of Glory! That's in scripture and I take it literally. Praise God!

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
WOF is not based upon works, but fruit of the Spirit. We are created in the image of God, yet we are NOT gods.

That's what many seem to be missing about the WOF. All of their views are very strongly Bible-based. Their message of "We are created in the image of God, yet we are NOT gods" has been ridiculously twisted by the press, done in the name of 'holiness.'
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Linda I took the bait here are web sites on the tenets of belief of Mormons, New Age, and Jehovah Witnesses.

Mormons are against smoking, drinking alcohol and coffee.tea, and so does that make their Religion like many mainstream Baptists?

http://www.mormon.org/learn/0,8672,1082-1,00.html

Jehovah's Witness is also based upon works.

http://www.towerwatch.com/Witnesses/Beliefs/their_beliefs.htm

Of course New Age is the most Hereticical.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/newage.htm

Satan always wants to imitate the genuine things of God.

Mormons and JW both are based on works, that is the fruit of their faulty doctrines.

Since we are created in God's image, we do have attributes of God, though not with His power, but the Bible teaches while we are NOT gods, we can be conquerers. Overcomers, and we are taught that what we say is powerful, though not as powerful as God's Word, but is does affect our life for good or evil by what comes out of our own mouths.

Refer to James and the tongue.

Refer to Jesus telling the Pharisees, that it is not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his heart and mind and mouth that defiles.

If we speak the Words of God, we will be walking in His Kingdom and our fruit will manifest as the good vine by the actions of faith in Christ as the Word.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Dear GOD, I pray for the desire to know above all things the WORD of your truth and eteem no man and no earthly thing above it and to stand against and endure all things for the sake of your name and your word your WORD, and to stand alone if need be. I pray that for each of you my brothers and sisters as well!

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

AMEN and AMEN

1 Corinthians 11:18For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Cor: yes, it does take careful attention to detail to hear what is wrong; I believe that the Spirit does train our ears. The more of the word that is written in our hears the more things stand out that are not quite right. But It is more than what these folks say that speaks volumes of the problems. It is the whole picture if you will. Meyers for example makes no bones about the fact that she feels that her affluent lifestyle is a reward for her faithfulness. Well that is all fine and good until you look at a Paul or a Nee! Or what about the preacher that you never heard of that walks the harsh environment of Napal to preach the gospel to those who have never heard?? Are they less blessed? Less faithful???? The 95 million dollars that her ministry took in last year came out of the pockets of local churches! And she fights ceasar over how much she should pay in taxes! The walk and the talk do not line up!!! Now her fan club will shout about the 8 million a month that she gives to Charity and well she ought give, but none of that giving changes that her principles are not Biblical in the first place!!!!!!!! What drive me the most crazy is that her fan club does not even get that when God allows the pastors to fleece the flock and feed themselves it is because the flock is experieincing judgement!!!!!!

The good news is that God will not allow this forever. The day is coming when the truth will be known even to those who now desire to be ignorant and desire to have their ears scratched and desire to persecute the Jeramiah's of the church today, and it will be known to all with clairity. And some will weep and some will rejoice, but all will know who held the truth and who did not and even who held the truth in unrighteousness. God is going to settle this debate one day soon!

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Thing is what do we defend until he come? Men or the WORD? What do we study to show ourselves approved...not to each other but to GOD? Men or the WORD?

Dear GOD, I pray for the desire to know above all things the WORD of your truth and eteem no man and no earthly thing above it and to stand against and endure all things for the sake of your name and your word your WORD, and to stand alone if need be. I pray that for each of you my brothers and sisters as well!

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement