Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » God / Jesus (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: God / Jesus
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father - In Creation (the source, eternal majesty)
Son - In Redemption (The eternal Word, incarnate as Jesus Christ)
Holy Spirit (Ghost) - In the church (which dwells in the Saints) - Advocate

This is the Godhead called the Trinity. Trinity meaning three in unity yet only ONE.
Three in unity (oneness) sharing a singel divine essence, being or nature.

In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

John 1:1-3;14,16-18
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God .

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

(14)And the WORD WAS MADE FLESH,and dwelt
among us, {and we beheld His glory, the
glory as of the only begotten of the
Father.} full of grace and truth.
16-18;
And of His fulness have all we received
and grace for grace
For the law was given by Moses, but grace
and truth came by Jesus Christ.
No man hath seen God at any time; the only
begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the
Father, he hath declared Him.

Exodus 3:14;
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

I AM the I AM;
I am self-existence
I am who I choose to be
I am the Father of Creations
I am the Son of Redemption
I am the Holy Spirit
I am He who lives forever more
I am the Lily in the Valley
I am the bright and morning star
I am He who lives unmoved in one moving present
I am He who lives through all the ages
I am the past, present and future
I am He whose bonds are immeasurable
I am He who is limitless and boundless
I am He who is forever the existence One.

I am the same one today, as I was yesterday; I will be the same one tomorrow and forever.

I Am that I Am reveals God in His fullness.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody, adding my 2 cents...

first off the doctrine of co-equal is not true...scripture makes it very clear Yahweh is the head over all, Yahshua made it clear He only did the will of the Father, and the Holy Spirit only testified of the things concerning Yahshua....

When in any relationship, if you are equal, you have equal authority....

it is very clear from scripture they are not equal ...

and on another note.....

Yahweh, Yahshua and the Holy Ghost are one but they are also three....

I like what Brother Barry (barrykind here on the board) told me one time, the Trinity is like water....

water exist in three forms....water, ice and steam, its all the same water but exist in three totally separate, unique and distinct forms....

They are one but they are also different!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker wrote
quote:
We believe that the one God eternally exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God, co-equal and co-eternal, having precisely the same nature and attributes, and worthy of precisely the same worship, confidence, and obedience.
I agree. I only wanted to know who the "We" is in the phrase "We believe...".

Thank you, Caretaker
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, The Beauty of Holiness777, you wrote
quote:
God / Jesus

I know they are the same Jesus even said He and the Father are one. God became flesh (Jesus) to bring man back to Him.

Just wondering why some people think they are two different persons.

To me God the Father (YHWH) and the Son of God (Yehoshua) ARE 2 separate Persons: "LET US make...".

They DO NOT MERGE into each other so that now and then there is ONLY ONE PERSON and then in the next moment THERE ARE 2 PERSONS AGAIN.

No, the Son of God is The Only Begotten of God and therefore is in substance and being just as much God as God the Father is, but now there are TWO: the Father YHWH and the Son of God Yehoshua.

And the third Divine Partner is the Holy Spirit.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We believe that the one God eternally exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God, co-equal and co-eternal, having precisely the same nature and attributes, and worthy of precisely the same worship, confidence, and obedience. Matthew 3:16, 17; Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 12:29; John 1:14; Acts 5:3, 4; II Corinthians 13:14.

Matt. 3:
16: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 30:4

Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the winfd in His fist?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?

What is His name, AND what is His Son's name,if you know?

Revelation 5:6-

And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Then He(Yeshua) came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him(God the Father) who sat on the throne.

Revelation 20
speaks of the 1000 year reign of Yeshua on the earth

Revelation 21 speaks of Father God coming down from heaven bringing the New Jerusalem with Him

verse 3

And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, God HIMSELF will be with them and be their God.

There is also a scripture where it says that Yeshua will hand everything back over to God the Father but I cant find it at this time, late for work. Maybe someone else here on the boards knows where that scripture is.

Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God / Jesus

I know they are the same Jesus even said He and the Father are one. God became flesh (Jesus) to bring man back to Him.

Just wondering why some people think they are two different person's.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement