Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » God / Jesus (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: God / Jesus
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CARETAKER...Thanks for clearing that up. [clap2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:

To Searchingtruth:

You are not Searchingtruth but bringing doctrines of demons.

2 Timothy 3:
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

You are not a brother but an infidel and seeking to deny the LORD GOD by usurping with the false god allah who is not the LORD GOD of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, David, Daniel, John, Peter, Paul, YHWH manifest in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth, fully man and fully God incarnate and bringing the TRUE WORD and the LIght of men.

You deny the Light and bring doctrines of destruction and abomination.

The Lord rebuke thee:

Matthew 7:
13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

You stand in condemnation before the LORD GOD already:

John 3:
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

[type] SEARCHING TRUTH...You said you wanted proof that God inspired the scriptures.....

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness;

Are we invited to your baptizing ?

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SearchingTruth wrote to Eden
quote:
Thank you for being honest here. At least now we have agreed that Jesus did not declare his divinity as son of God or God, but maintains he is son of Man.
The Son of Man was a title of Jesus and does not mean that Jesus was descended from the Adam earth line as a "son of man". Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and the fertilized egg implanted in Mary's womb came directly from the Holy Spirit, and did not come from the earth line.

SearchingTruth, you further said
quote:
But when you say Jesus dies and resurrects and sits on the right hand side of his Father in heaven, this does NOT MEAN LITERALLY. It means that he is close to God.
Yes, it DOES mean LITERALLY. The disciples watched Jesus ascend from the mount of Olives until a cloud took Him out of their sight:

Acts 1:9
And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

And now Jesus is seated at the right hand of God and is currently directing the Church of God until Jesus comes to take over and rule the earth from Jerusalem:

Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yes rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Acts 2:34
For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he said himself, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand.

SearchingTruth ended by saying,
quote:
It is like saying that you are my right hand, meaning close to me. Like I said before, in Hebrew these are METAPHORS, Not to be taken literally.
We'll see what are metaphors and what are not.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge...

What you need is a good dose of fear of the LORD.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

CARETAKER...Who are you addressing the above message to ?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 3:
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

You are not a brother but an infidel and seeking to deny the LORD GOD by usurping with the false god allah who is not the LORD GOD of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, David, Daniel, John, Peter, Paul, YHWH manifest in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth, fully man and fully God incarnate and bringing the TRUE WORD and the LIght of men.

You deny the Light and bring doctrines of destruction and abomination.

The Lord rebuke thee:

Matthew 7:
13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

You stand in condemnation before the LORD GOD already:

John 3:
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Well...Thank You!!!!

When we get there I hope we can remember our login names....yuk yuk. rivit

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoken like a true warrior and one with wisdom bluefrog!

The unity of the Trinity is some awesome and amazing that our fleshly minds can really never understand it all we can do is beleive and accept it; for one day we shall see Him as He really IS! With all His Splendor and Glory!!

Selah

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

THE BEAUTY OF HOLINESS..began this board by asking: Why do some think God and Jesus are two different persons.

There have been some very good answers as to why God and Jesus are Not two persons if thought of as two different bodies. They are however two different personalaities but of One Spirit.

I fail to see why SEARCHING TRUTH joins in the conversation in the first place and in the second place brings up the Quran. Our God is not the same as the god of the Quran by any means.

Back to you THE BEAUTY OF HOLINESS....I expect that you have received sufficient answers of which I also participated but I suppose that the name given Jesus at birth "Emmanuel" tells it best, IE "God With Us" as shown in Isaiah 7:14 and included in 9:6 "The mighty GOD".

In Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

In Philippians 2:6-8 Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal to God; v7 But made himself of no reputation (emptied himself)or (He laid His glory by) or (became as a bondservant divesting Himself), and took on the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men; v8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbhled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Once again,...it is pretty understandable why it is so hard to grasp this Trinity thang. I expect that none of us will really understand the fullness of it all until it is revealed. Until then, we've gotta learn to live with it.

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN!! WildB; I totally agree with your replies!!

SearchingTruth I sensed from the beginning you were coming from another source with your replies now I see I was right!

Thank God for the brothers and sisters on this board who will stand on the Word of God "The True and Living Gospel" and I thank God also that they are not carried away by every wind of doctrine.

The Quran teaches against the True Gospel and it has mislead a lot of people even you it seems. But thank God many are now turning from the Quran to the True Word of God. The Quran seems to be among many of those books that are counted as a curse.

We the people of God don't live on LUCK we live on BLESSINGS.

You really need to study God's Word not Quran for you truly have not the Spirit of God. If you did you would know who Jesus really is and you would not have to keep asking silly questions telling others to show you and you will get baptize today.

Atheists thinks the same way don't be caught up in the Web of deceit your life depends on it. Put forth as much time study the Word of God as you do studying the Quran, Quran's word will come back VOID God's WORD WON'T

Selah.

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acts.20

[24] But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Before you continue to spam the board again with your weed seed, please prayfully re-read The KVJ and learn how to "RIGHTLY DIVIDE" the Word of Truth.

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth."
--II Tim. 2:15.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SearchingTruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB

Gal.1

[8] “But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”

You are preaching to me a Gospel “According to” Mathew, Gospel “According to” Mark, Gospel “According to” Luke, Gospel “According to” John... and the list goes on.

What does “According to” mean? It means that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John didn’t approve of the Gospels. They never signed their names on it. The authors of the Gospels you preach are ANONYMOUS.

This is what that verse you quote refers to. The only true Gospel that verse refers to is the ORIGINAL GOSPEL OF JESUS, His words, His book, signed and approved by Him. This Gospel does not exist anymore. But there are hundreds of Gospels being preached in the name of Christianity, that are “OTHER GOSPELS”, those preachers are the "ACCURSED ONES".

WildB... If you can show me the GOSPEL OF JESUS, with his name signed on it, I am ready to get Baptized Today.

That is all...

Good luck

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SearchingTruth:
My Brothers, I suggest you read these two short books in the Link below to get a true understanding of the Bible and of Jesus. These 2 short books were written by the most, if not, one of the most eminent Scholars of the Christian Bible. This scholar has later on in his embraced Islam. The Holy Quran is quiet an amazing book. Islam believes in the original Old Testament and New Testament, and the Quran is believed to be the Last testament. It is a continuation of the Old and New Testament and religion was perfected and finalized in the Quran (The Last Testament).

1/5 of the population of earth are Muslims. Thus the Quran deserves recognition, we should out of respect at least read and understand it and see what it has to offer.

Two Short Books:

IS THE BIBLE GOD’S WORD?
http://www.jamaat.net/bible/BibleIntro.html
WHAT WAS THE SIGN OF JONAH?
http://www.jamaat.net/jonah/signofjonah.html

May Peace be on you

Gal.1

[8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Please stop your sllyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SearchingTruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Brothers, I suggest you read these two short books in the Link below to get a true understanding of the Bible and of Jesus. These 2 short books were written by the most, if not, one of the most eminent Scholars of the Christian Bible. This scholar has later on in his embraced Islam. The Holy Quran is quiet an amazing book. Islam believes in the original Old Testament and New Testament, and the Quran is believed to be the Last testament. It is a continuation of the Old and New Testament and religion was perfected and finalized in the Quran (The Last Testament).

1/5 of the population of earth are Muslims. Thus the Quran deserves recognition, we should out of respect at least read and understand it and see what it has to offer.

Two Short Books:

IS THE BIBLE GOD’S WORD?
http://www.jamaat.net/bible/BibleIntro.html
WHAT WAS THE SIGN OF JONAH?
http://www.jamaat.net/jonah/signofjonah.html

May Peace be on you

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

Brother oneinchrist,

Exactly brother... the Christians claim his divinity, but Jesus never claimed it, Jesus according to Christians is God incarnate, equal to the Father and equal to the holy spirit, yet they are all one... Three in One... I don’t know in what language this makes sense but this is the belief. 1 + 1 + 1 =1? No, 1 + 1 + 1 =3! There are 3 distinct mental pictures in your mind when you think of the three.

When you think of the FATHER you are thinking of Santa clause or a man thousands and thousands of times bigger than man, wearing a long white robe sitting on a planet as his throne with the heavens as his canopy, with a long white beard, something like (Zeus)... This is the mental picture you conjure.
When you think of the SON you are thinking of a handsome young European man, blue eyes and blond hair, nice looking beard, European facial features (flat nose, thin lips).
When you think of the SPIRIT you are thinking of a white dove flying around.

There is No Way you can superimpose those Three distinct mental pictures into One, there Will ever be Three in your mind!

Let’s say there are identical Triplets, Three identical brothers, they all look alike and you cannot tell the difference between the three. Let’s say one of them commits murder, can you blame or charge the other one?

You will say “No”. I ask why? Because he is a DIFFERENT PERSON. So what makes him a different person? His PERSONALITY.

Therefore 1+1+1= 3. This is the rationale. There is no language on earth that approves of the concept of the trinity. There is no valid explanation to it. Scholars tend to resort to the notion it is a “Mystery” and nobody can understand how it works. You see, this is a Fundamental Irrationality. The trinity is supposed to be the foundation of the religion yet no one can really explain it or understands it. Why should one believe in something he does not understand? This is what we call “Blind Faith”. You need to open your eyes brothers.

STILL no one has given me an explanation to any of the verses that I quoted from the bible that clearly disclaims he is “God”. In fact, the bible is trying to tell us he is Not Divine. Please refer to the earlier verses I quoted and explain to me what they are implying and how those qualities make him God? Believe me in ALL MY LIFE, No Pastor, Bishop, Scholar, Evangelist or learned man of Christianity was able to answer. In fact, Did you know that thousands and thousands of these eminent scholars and learned men of Christianity are leaving Christianity and questioning the Bible as being God’s words?

I believe in the ORIGINAL BIBLE, THE GOSPEL OF JESUS. The words Jesus uttered to his people. But that book does not exist anymore. Today we have many versions and revisions of the Bible written by about 40 different authors. And each church or denomination has their own version of Christianity. There are 24000 manuscripts bible, and there is no 2 that are identical. Can you believe? NO TWO are the same!

Brother Eden,

Thank you for being honest here. At least now we have agreed that Jesus did not declare his divinity as son of God or God, but maintains he is son of Man. But when you say Jesus dies and resurrects and sits on the right hand side of his Father in heaven, this does NOT MEAN LITERALLY. It means that he is Close to God. It is like saying that you are my right hand, meaning close to me. Like I said before, in Hebrew these are METAPHORS, Not to be taken literally.

Brother can you describe to me what Jesus looked like before he was in the womb of Mary? Was he a man? Sitting on a smaller throne next to God? With blond hair and blue eyes?
Then God made him a sperm and put in the womb of Mary? Do you really believe that? Does that befit “God”?

Three major problems with modern-day Christianity.

1. The original Sin
2. Jesus’ divinity
3. Jesus’ Crucifixion

I will not go into the details of his divinity and crucifixion right now. But with regards to the Original Sin:

The original sin was when Adam ate the fruit from the forbidden tree and as a result was kicked out of Heaven and was imprisoned on earth. Now Christianity believes that Every Child born carries the burden of Adams wrongdoing. Now is that fair? If a good child who is of the nicest people does not believe in Jesus dying for his “SINS” (the sin of Adam), he will burn in hell for a misdeed he did not commit? NO!
God gave us the FREE WILL to see Right from Wrong. And every person is judged by HIS OWN weight of Sins and Good Deeds, and not by the Sins of Adam or anyone else.

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

SearchingTruth you also asked can we imagine God humbling Himself. Well in a way He did.

God the Word became man in the flesh in order to be the Ultimate sacrifice for mankind.
God the Word (Jesus) was equal in status as God the Most High.

When God became flesh He had humble Himself from being God the Most High.

(For human flesh could not contain God's glory, even the heavens of heavens cannot contain Him.)

Also Phillippians 2:6-7 says;
(Jesus) Who being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God. But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of man.

God the Word became flesh, the man Jesus of Nazareth and upon His ascension to heaven He again became God in all His fullness and glory.

Jesus said He and the Father are ONE.

John 5:7 says;
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are ONE.

--------------------

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

SearchingTruth in your one of your replies you use scripture for John 8:51, if you had started from John Chapter 1 I think you would have gotten your answer more clearly.

All the replies given to you are very well based on scripture and cannot be disputed.

However if you read the post by "The Beauty of Holiness777" dated October 29 that too will give you your answer as well.

John Chapter 1 says;
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was With God and the Word Was God.

The same was in the beginning with God

John 1:14 says;
And the Word WAS made flesh.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Hello, Searching Truth, you wrote
quote:
When Jesus “God” was “Crucified”. He spoke to God.

“My God My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46)

One reason why Jesus did not address Himself as the Son of God or as God is because when Jesus came the first time, Jesus came as the Son of Man to atone for the sins of men.

As Son of Man, Jesus was made just like the first Adam (before the first Adam sinned), made without sin, so that an equal person could reverse what the first Adam had done.

That is why Jesus "in His first term" acted only as the Son of Man, acknowledging God the Father in everything, and so that Jesus "only did what He heard the Father say and do".

That is why Jesus acted like the Son of Man and not like the Son of God. Jesus had laid down His Sonship and equality with the Father in order to become the Son of Man because only as a second Adam or Son of Man could Jesus prove that it WAS possible to remain sinless, and Jesus accomplished that.

After His death and resurrection, Jesus took up His Sonship again and is again seated at the right hand of the Father.

And, if I may ask, which human do you know who has ever ascended from earth to be seated next to the Father in heaven? Certainly no human as great as Oprah Winfrey or as John McCain or as Sarah Palin has ever done it.

be blessed, Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Emmanuel = "God with us"

1) the title applied to the Messiah, born of the virgin, Mt 1:23, Is. 7:14, because Jesus was God united with man, and showed that God was dwelling with man

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1694&t=KJV

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Searching Truth,
It is my understanding that when Christians make the claim that "Jesus is God" that they are not saying that Jesus is (or takes the place of) the Father.......but they are saying that Jesus is divine(deity) just like the Father.

In the verse "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"............the distinction and the commonality that is being made is........that the verse expresses the deity of Jesus, but it does not define Jesus Himself as the entire Godhead.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

My Brothers

Please give me an explanation to any of the verses that I quoted up there and tell me what is Godly about Jesus?

According to those verses Jesus “God” Sleeps, Hungers, Weeps, Forgets, Loses his temper, Contradicts etc. Are these the Qualities of God?

The Answer is No. It is Very degrading to God to say those are his qualities!

Then what is the Quality of God? The Bible says:

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT.” (John 4:24)

JESUS SAID GOD IS A SPIRIT.
JESUS SAID Worship GOD in SPIRIT. Not form, shape and size.
Jesus is NOT a SPIRIT. He is in form, shape and size.

I cannot make my points any clearer. I hope you understand.

I have many more verses and stories I can show you from the Bible that Clearly proves that Jesus is Not “God”.

Brother yahsway,

“I AM” does not translate as Jesus or God. “I AM” is used in many contexts in the Bible to refer to different things. “I AM” does not make any sense when it is used as a noun in the verse you are quoting.

“BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, JESUS” Does that make sense to you?

If you read that in Hebrew it would not make any sense. Ask any Hebrew scholar of the Christian Bible and he will tell you the same.

I have already explained the term “I AM” in-depth in an earlier post, scroll up and you will find it brother.

Brother bluefrog,

You are quoting verses from the Bible that quotes “God”, Not Jesus.

The word “LORD” does not always mean God in Hebrew. “LORD” is a term used in Hebrew for respect. It is a term used for somebody who is noble or a member of aristocracy. Please just ask any Jew or a Hebrew scholar of the Bible and they will tell you. You are making inaccurate translations of key words that make a huge difference of meaning. You also have to look at those words in their Context, and not just as they are.

Did you know that in Hebrew there is no such thing as Capital letters? The Bible in Hebrew has no capital letters whatsoever! Yet in the Greek translation, people added the capitals where ever they pleased. All of a sudden in Greek, God with capital G refers to the Almighty God, but God with a lowercase g refers to any prophet. This is a new invention. In the Hebrew Bible there is no such thing as this!

You quoted: “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1)

In Hebrew, GOD is written as GOD(S). When you add the (S), which is plural, it is a Mark of a Respect. It does not mean more than One God! Please ask ANY Jew and he will tell you. Everything I am telling you are Facts brother.

Brother Eden,

Matthew 8:29
And behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with you, Jesus, you Son of God? ...

The term “son of god” does Not mean the literal or biological son! Metaphorically we are all the children of God. He created us all and we submit to Him and Him Only.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only BEGOTTEN Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”(John 3:16)

Why do they say BEGOTTEN and not MADE? You, me, Adam and all creation are all MADE, but what is “God” trying to emphasize when he says BEGOTTEN?
How was Jesus “God” Begotten?

Do you believe God Begat a son?? And that son is also a God?

God has no beginning and no end. He cannot be begotten or tortured to death like an animal.

When Jesus “God” was “Crucified”. He spoke to God.

“My God My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46)

Who is he talking to here? To Himself? No, He is talking to GOD. Not Himself because he is not God. This is very clear and obvious.

You all seem to know your Bible very well. What I am quoting for you is Black and White, simple and straightforward English. If you are still not convinced I can take this issue to a scholarly level and prove to you in that respect that Jesus never claimed to be God. I will post this soon.

May Peace be on you.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
CARETAKER...I trust that your last script was to Searching Truth.

1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given [Cross]

Yuppers, modified my previous post.

The man needs to get out of the Watchtower study guides.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

bluefrog
unregistered

CARETAKER...I trust that your last script was to Searching Truth.

1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given [Cross]

Eden
unregistered

Anybody who can rise up from the mount of Olives into the clouds of the sky in the sight of the disciples is God by implication.

Acts 1:9
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Also the demons recognized Jesus from heaven when they called Jesus the Son of God, and Jesus did not deny it.

Matthew 8:29
And behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with you, Jesus, you Son of God? ...

You are a human and when a human has a son, your son is a full human will all the capabilities of a human.

Likewise, when God has a Son, the Son is a full God with all the capabilities of God the Father.

God the Father and God the Son can both do exactly the same things.

love, Eden

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Searchingtruth:

I am a Bible scholar. I know the true meanings of the verses translated from the Hebrew and Greek language. Your problem is, you are reading the Bible text out of context and not really understanding the true meanings. Rather you are giving explanations and interpretations of what you believe it is on the face of it.

To Searchingtruth:

You declare yourself to be a "Bible scholar" and so do the cult followers of the Watchtower Society, and they are just as much in error.

You had better go and check the validity of your faith and which Jesus of Nazareth you are believing in.

The Word of God reveals the Lord Jesus Christ from the foundation of the earth, He is the Creator, God manifest in the flesh, the I Am, and the Alpha and Omega.

Isaiah 9:
6: For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Many cults have denied the duality of Jesus of Nazareth, who was fully man and fully God, and in their denial of the fullness of God's Word, they make for themselves another "christ", and place their faith and trust in that which is false.

If you deny that Jesus was God manifest in the flesh truly God and truly man, then you deny the true doctrine of Christ and are certainly not a Brother in the Lord.

2 John 1:
9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10: If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

bluefrog
unregistered

Question is: Did Jesus claim to be God ?

Answer: Yes

John 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, thou are not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? v58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you (that means listen up dude) Before Abraham was I AM.

Mark 2:6-7 But there were certain scribes sitting there, and reasoning, in their hearts, v7 Why does this man speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God only?

Isaiah 43:3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy Savior.

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am He that blotteth out transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Note: With other religions teachings are made just as teachings only like Buda did or through prophets like Mohamad but Jesus did not claim to be teaching mankind the truth but He Was the Truth.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God.....
The word God in Hebrew here was Elohim which is plural.

SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

My Brothers, JESUS is as Human as you and me (according to the bible). The Bible itself says he is Not God.

Let us examine:

“And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:16-17)

Here, Jesus is being Humble by saying “Why callest thou me good?” Can you imagine “God” being Humble? “There is none good but one, that is, God”. Here Jesus is saying that he does not deserve to be called “Good”, but only God is the All Good, not himself, But God.
-
"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, Which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh" (Roman 1:3)

How can “God” have a seed? This implies his father is literally David as he says, “according to the flesh”, meaning literally.
-
“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.” (Mark 13:32)

“NEITHER THE SON” meaning JESUS did not know. “BUT THE FATHER” meaning God.

Can you imagine Jesus “God” not knowing?
-
“And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.” (Mark 11: 12-13)

Can you Imagine Jesus “God” Hungry?? And God not knowing when the season of the fruits are? After all “He” Created it...
-
“Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he HUNGERED” (Matthew 21:18)

A hungry God? Can you imagine Jesus “God” being hungry?
-
“(He) saith, I THIRST.” (John 19:28)

Can you imagine a thirsty God?
-
“He was ASLEEP.” (Matthew, 8:24)
“He fell ASLEEP” (Luke, 8:23)
“He was in the hinder part of the ship, ASLEEP on the pillow” (Mark, 4:38)

Can you imagine a Sleepy God? Is God tired?
-
“Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an *** .” (Matthew, 21:5)
“And Jesus, when he had found a young *** , sat thereon” (John, 12:14)

Can you Imagine “God” being meek? And riding a Donkey??
-
“And he went into the temple, and began TO CAST OUT them that sold therein, and them that bought.” (Luke, 19:45)
“And when he had made a SCOURGE of small cords, HE DROVE THEM ALL OUT of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and POURED OUT the changers' money, and OVERTHREW the tables.” (John, 2:15)

Can you imagine God using a Whip to throw people out of the temple? And Overthrowing tables and Pouring Out changers money??
-
“God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” (James, 1:13)
“But (he) was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews, 4:15)

CONTRADICTION. Can he be Tempted or Not? “God” needs to make up his mind...
-
“And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom” (Luke, 2:40)
“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.” (Luke, 2:52)

Can you imagine “God” increasing in knowledge? And growing in physique? He should be the ALL-KNOWING.
-
“And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan” (Mark, 1:12-13)

Can you Imagine “God” being tempted by Satan??
-

“Jesus WEPT” (John, 11:35)

Can you Imagine a WEEPING GOD? God Crying??
-
“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know.” (Acts, 2:22)

This verse is saying that God performed miracles through Jesus and the people knew. This implies Jesus is not God, He is a mighty messenger of God, just like Moses or Abraham.
-
“If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.” (John, 5:31)
“The Pharisees therefore said to him, You bear witness of youself; Your witness is not true.” (John 8:13)
Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true,” (John 8:14)

Jesus is saying that anyone that makes any CLAIMS to be God or anything so absurd it is NOT TRUE. He even says that about Himself!
-
“Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist” (Matthew 11:11)

Jesus “God” was born by a woman (Mary), and he is saying that John the Baptist is even Greater than Him??
-
“And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come.” (Matthew 11:14)

Jesus says that “so and so” is Elijah...

“And they asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, “I am not”. Are you that prophet? And he answered, No.” (John 1:21)

Then the people asked What then? Are you Elijah? He said “I am not”.
So does this make Jesus “God” a LIAR? Since when does “God” lie?
-
“I can of mine own self do nothing” (John 5:30)

Jesus says by himself he can do NOTHING.

“With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.” (Mark 10:27)

But with God all things are possible. Jesus can only perform his miracles with the power and help of God. Just like all the prophets.

“For my Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28)

Jesus says here, His Father (God almighty) is Greater than Him. How can “God” be greater than God?

-

All of this is proof that he (Jesus) is not God. All these verses tell us he’s Human.
So what makes him (Jesus) God?

I am a Bible scholar. I know the true meanings of the verses translated from the Hebrew and Greek language. Your problem is, you are reading the Bible text out of context and not really understanding the true meanings. Rather you are giving explanations and interpretations of what you believe it is on the face of it.

I am open for discussion. I am here to share my knowledge of the Bible.

SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

Let us re-read and think about this statement for a moment. It does not make sense! What is Jesus trying to say? The Christians will claim that Jesus was claiming to be God in that only God has used the phrase: "I AM" in the past to refer to himself. Specifically, references are made to Exodus 3:14 where there is a dialogue between God and Moses*. The passage reads as follows:

Exodus 3:14 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

You will make the connection between the two verses and proclaim Jesus* as divine. In addition, you will make the point that the disbelieving Jews confronting Jesus even understood that Jesus was claiming divinity by the use of the phrase. The proof is that when they heard the phrase "I am" from Jesus*, the Jews wanted to stone him for blasphemy. But to determine whether this was the case, the context of the entire passage in the Bible must be read:

John 8:51 - Truly, truly, I say to you, if any one keeps my word, he will never see death." 52 The Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, as did the prophets; and you say, 'If any one keeps my word, he will never taste death.' 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you claim to be?" 54 Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God. 55 But you have not known him; I know him. If I said, I do not know him, I should be a liar like you; but I do know him and I keep his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see my day; he saw it and was glad." 57 The Jews then said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" 58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." 59 So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.

Notice that the above passage is about the Jews being disturbed that Jesus might be claiming to be greater than Abraham*. The Jewish accusations and the ensuing conflict with Jesus has nothing to do with Jesus claiming divinity. In fact, the Jews are accusing Jesus* of being possessed by a demon. Once Jesus answered, the Jews pick up stones to stone him. But why stone him? Because they believed that he was possessed by a demon. The answer is in the bible, and it is as follows:

Leviticus 20:27 - And if there be a man or a woman in whom is a spirit of Python or of divination, they shall certainly be put to death: they shall stone them with stones; their blood is upon them.

So what! Every day millions of people in the world in many languages refer to themselves using similar phrases. If I use the phrase, it does not mean that I am claiming to be a god. Regardless of this fact, reading the passage, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am", would not make sense if the phrase, "I am", is used as a noun. The sentence is only understood in the context of the passage if we read the last clause, the phrase "I am", to mean "I was or I was present." This last understanding is consistent with the Greek translation and definition of the phrase. In Greek, the phrase "I am" is "Ego Eimi" where Ego is defined as I, me, and My. Eimi is defined as: to be, to exist, to happen, to be present.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
Originally posted by SearchingTruth:
I appreciate you posting this encyclopaedia. I’ve read through it and you still did not answer my question???

I have read the Bible...

Brother, I want just ONE VERSE where JESUS SAYS: “I am God” or “Worship me”. Surely if he was “GOD”, he would have said one of the two at least. Did Jesus CLAIM to be GOD? Did the man CLAIM divinity? Did he utter the words “I am God” or “Worship me” or anywhere where HE CLAIMS divinity?

The answer is No.

People claimed him to be a God but Jesus himself never claimed to be God.
Example:
When Hitler was conquering in world war, he was so powerful that 90 million natsi said that he was the messiah, God incarnate. 90 MILLION in Germany!

BUT did Hitler CLAIM to be GOD?
The answer is No.

Did Jesus CLAIM to be God? Did He CLAIM divinity?
The answer is No.

What are the qualities of GOD?

John 4:24
24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Roman 1:3
3: Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

How can “God” have a seed? This implies his father is literally David as he says, “according to the flesh”, meaning literally.

The Birth of Jesus “God”

JESUS was in Mary’s womb for 9 months, then was born, and he was circumcised on the 8th day.

Can you imagine God being circumcised???
JESUS ate food, he excreted, he slept, he breathed, he wept, he made mistakes and this is all DESCRIBED IN THE BIBLE.

Are these the attributes of a GOD? Or a Human being?

Mark 13:32

32: But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

How much evidence do you need? I have hundreds and hundreds of verses I can show you as proof he is NOT God.

Show me one statement in the Bible where JESUS himself claims divinity.

You will not find it.

You had better go and check the validity of your faith and which Jesus of Nazareth you are believing in.

The Word of God reveals the Lord Jesus Christ from the foundation of the earth, He is the Creator, God manifest in the flesh, the I Am, and the Alpha and Omega.

Isaiah 9:
6: For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Many cults have denied the duality of Jesus of Nazareth, who was fully man and fully God, and in their denial of the fullness of God's Word, they make for themselves another "christ", and place their faith and trust in that which is false.

2 John 1:
9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10: If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Who is I AM?

A. God

1. Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall
say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

B. Jesus

1. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I
AM."

John 10:27-33 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And
I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck
them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no
man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then
the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works
have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The
Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and
because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

The Word declares Jesus is God manifest in the flesh.

Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD (Yahweh), "That I will
raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute
judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel
will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD (Yahweh)
OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was
manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into glory.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 8:58

Yeshua said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

The verb ought to be translated "was born", indicating that Abraham's life had a specific beginning. This stands in sharp contrast to Yeshuas claim, "I AM". In other words, Yeshua was without beginning, the everpresent One.

verse 59
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Yeshua hid himself and went out of the temple, going thru the midst of them, and so passed by.

The claim of Yeshua to be eternal was a claim to be Divine. Thus, in the eyes of the Jews He was Guilty of Blasphemy, a sin punishable by stoning.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

I appreciate you posting this encyclopaedia. I’ve read through it and you still did not answer my question???

I have read the Bible...

Brother, I want just ONE VERSE where JESUS SAYS: “I am God” or “Worship me”. Surely if he was “GOD”, he would have said one of the two at least. Did Jesus CLAIM to be GOD? Did the man CLAIM divinity? Did he utter the words “I am God” or “Worship me” or anywhere where HE CLAIMS divinity?

The answer is No.

People claimed him to be a God but Jesus himself never claimed to be God.
Example:
When Hitler was conquering in world war, he was so powerful that 90 million natsi said that he was the messiah, God incarnate. 90 MILLION in Germany!

BUT did Hitler CLAIM to be GOD?
The answer is No.

Did Jesus CLAIM to be God? Did He CLAIM divinity?
The answer is No.

What are the qualities of GOD?

John 4:24
24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Roman 1:3
3: Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

The Birth of Jesus “God”

JESUS was in Mary’s womb for 9 months, then was born, and he was circumcised on the 8th day.

Can you imagine God being circumcised???
JESUS ate food, he excreted, he slept, he breathed, he wept, he made mistakes and this is all DESCRIBED IN THE BIBLE.

Are these the attributes of a GOD? Or a Human being?

Mark 13:32

32: But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

How much evidence do you need? I have hundreds and hundreds of verses I can show you as proof he is NOT God.

Show me one statement in the Bible where JESUS himself claims divinity.

You will not find it.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

X. Who is the First and the Last?

A. God

1. Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of
hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
2. Revelation 21:6-7 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of
life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall
be my son.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 1:10-18 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great
voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and,
What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia;
unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis,
and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake
with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the
seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the
foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white
like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like
unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many
waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp
twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17 And
when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying
unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead;
and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
2. Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith
the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

XI. Who is the Husband?

A. God

1. Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you:
and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
2. Jeremiah 3:20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye
dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.
3. Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the
day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my
covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
4. Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy
Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

B. Jesus

1. Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body
of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead,
that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
2. 2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused
you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3. Ephesians 5:22-33
4. Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the
seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will
show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

XII. Who is the Rock?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 32:3-4 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye
greatness unto our God. 4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are
judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
2. 1 Samuel 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is
there any rock like our God.
3. 2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
4. 2 Samuel 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
5. Psalms 28:1 A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to
me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
6. Psalms 42:9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I
mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
7. Psalms 62:1-2 To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Truly my soul
waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
8. Psalms 62:6-7 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be
moved. 7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is
in God.

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will
build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
2. Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of
offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that
spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

XIII. Who is the King of Israel?

A. God

1. Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of
hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
2. Zephaniah 3:15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine
enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil
any more.

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel,
let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
2. Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see
and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
3. John 1:48-49 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered
and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I
saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God;
thou art the King of Israel.
4. John 12:12-15 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they
heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 Took branches of palm trees, and went
forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the
name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young *** , sat thereon; as it is
written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an *** 's colt.
5. Matthew 27:11 And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him,
saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.
6. Matthew 27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his
head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked
him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
7. John 19:19-21 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was,
JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20 This title then read many of the Jews:
for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in
Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. 21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write
not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.

XIV. Who is the King of the earth?

A. God

1. Psalms 47:2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.
2. Psalms 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
3. Jeremiah 10:6-7 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great,
and thy name is great in might. 7 Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to
thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all
their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.
4. Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under
the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose
kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
5. Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there
be one LORD, and his name one.
6. Zechariah 14:16-17 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the
nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the
King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that
whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the
King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
7. 2 Thessalonians 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that
ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
8. Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and
peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
9. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of
God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate,
nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

B. Jesus

1. Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor
covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of
God.
2. Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath
translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
3. 2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who
shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
4. Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a
sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
5. 2 Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the
everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
6. Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in
the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the
word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
7. Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in
heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of
his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one
baptism)

a. Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through
righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
b. Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who
believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
c. Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be
saved, even as they.

XV. Who is the King of kings?

A. God

1. Daniel 2:47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is
a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest
reveal this secret.

B. Jesus

1. 1 Timothy 6:14-15 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable,
until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall show, who is
the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
2. Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome
them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called,
and chosen, and faithful.
3. Revelation 19:13-16 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name
is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon
white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a
sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod
of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD
OF LORDS.

XVI. Who is the true God?

A. God

1. Jeremiah 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting
king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his
indignation.
2. John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and
Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

B. Jesus

1. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an
understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even
in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

XVII. To Whom is glory to be given?

A. God

1. Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another,
neither my praise to graven images.
2. Isaiah 48:11 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should
my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
3. Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my
name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your
blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
4. Revelation 7:9-12 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could
number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne,
and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried
with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto
the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and
the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and
power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
5. Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the
everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and
kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to
him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth,
and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have
followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
2. Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels
with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
3. Luke 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
4. Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord
Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is
wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

5. 2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
6. Revelation 5:11-12 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about
the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand
times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is
the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and
honour, and glory, and blessing.

XVIII. Are we to honor the Son just as we honor the Father?

A. John 5:21-23 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so
the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed
all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour
the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent
him.
B. John 12:44-45 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but
on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
C. John 10:27-33 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And
I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck
them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no
man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then
the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works
have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The
Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and
because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
D. John 14:7-9 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from
henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the
Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you,
and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

1. Hebrews 1:1-3 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past
unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,
whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who
being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all
things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on
the right hand of the Majesty on high;

XIX. Is Jesus Yahweh (Jehovah)?

A. Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD (Yahweh), "That I will
raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute
judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel
will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD (Yahweh)
OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

XX. Is Jesus God with us?

A. Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall
conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel (Immanuw'el,
im-maw-noo-ale'; from H5973 and H410 with suff. pron. ins.; with us (is) God) Strong’s.

XXI. Was God manifest in the flesh?

A. 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was
manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into glory.

XXII. Is Jesus equal with God?

A. John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had
broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with
God.

XXIII. Are we to address Jesus as God?

A. John 20:24-29 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them
when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the
Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put
my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then
came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach
hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And
Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him,
Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not
seen, and yet have believed.

XXIV. Unto Whom will every knee bow?

A. God

1. Isaiah 45:21-23 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together:
who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I
the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none
beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God,
and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in
righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue
shall swear.

B. Jesus

1. Philippians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in
heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue
should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

XXV. For Whom was the way prepared by John the Baptist?

A. God

1. Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:
and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of
the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the
LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
3. Matthew 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger
before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

XXVI. Who rewards every man according to their works?

A. God

1. Psalms 62:11-12 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power
belongeth unto God. 12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to
every man according to his work.
2. Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule
for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
3. Psalms 54:4-5 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul. 5
He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth.
4. Psalms 94:1-2 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom
vengeance belongeth, show thyself. 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a
reward to the proud.
5. Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to
the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and
his work before him.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give
every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and
the end, the first and the last.
2. Matthew 16:27-28 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his
angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28 Verily I say unto
you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son
of man coming in his kingdom.

XXVII. Who is the Light?

A. God

1. Psalms 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my
darkness.
2. Psalms 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I
fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
3. Psalms 36:7-9 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of
men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They shall be abundantly satisfied
with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy
pleasures. 9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
4. Isaiah 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
5. Isaiah 60:19-20 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall
the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and
thy God thy glory. 20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw
itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be
ended.
6. Micah 7:8-9 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I
sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. 9 I will bear the indignation of the
LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute
judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

B. Jesus

1. John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and
without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was
the light of men.
2. John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he
that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
3. John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

XXIII. Go tell them what great things God has done.

A. Luke 8:38-39 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that
he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to thine own house,
and show how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and
published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

John 8:
56: Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57: Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58: Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59: Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

II. Who is God?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
2. John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
3. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man
Christ Jesus,
4. Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have
chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me
there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.
5. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and
power, Both now and forever. Amen.

B. Jesus

1. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an
understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His
Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
2. Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A
scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
3. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall
be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty
God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

III. Who is the Lord of lords?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great
God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.
2. Psalms 136:1-4 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth
for ever. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give
thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. 4 To him who alone doeth
great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 17:14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome
them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called,
chosen, and faithful."

IV. Who is the Savior?

A. God

1. Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.
2. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
3. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and
power, Both now and forever. Amen.

B. Jesus

1. Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and
Savior Jesus Christ,
2. 2 Peter 1:11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting
kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
3. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior
of the world.

V. Who is I AM?

A. God

1. Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall
say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

B. Jesus

1. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I
AM."

VI. Who is the Holy One?

A. God

1. Isaiah 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the
LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
2. Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
3. Isaiah 43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
4. Isaiah 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and
such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that
smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
5. Isaiah 17:7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect
to the Holy One of Israel.
6. Isaiah 29:19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among
men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

B. Jesus

1. Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of
Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
2. Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine
Holy One to see corruption.
3. Acts 3:14-15 "But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to
be granted to you, 15 "and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of
which we are witnesses.

VII. Who is the Shepherd?

A. God

1. Psalms 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. Ezekiel 34:11-12 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my
sheep, and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is
among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them
out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 25:31-32 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy
angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be
gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd
divideth his sheep from the goats:
2. John 10:11,14 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the
sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

VII. Who raised Jesus from the dead?

A. God

1. Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your
heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

B. Jesus

1. John 2:19 Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I
will raise it up."

VIII. Who shed His blood for the church?

A. God

1. Acts 20:28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the
Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased
with His own blood.

B. Jesus

1. 1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and
without spot.
2. Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own
blood, suffered outside the gate.
3. Colossians 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of
sins.

IX. Who is to be worshipped?

A. God

1. Exodus 34:14 '(for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is
Jealous, is a jealous God),
2. Deuteronomy 30:16-17 "in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to
walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that
you may live and multiply; and the LORD your God will bless you in the land which you go
to possess. 17 "But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn
away, and worship other gods and serve them,
3. 2 Chronicles 7:19 "But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My
commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship
them,
4. Matthew 4:9-10 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall
down and worship me." 10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is
written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.'"

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 2:2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have
seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
2. Hebrews 1:6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all
the angels of God worship Him."
3. John 9:35-38 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He
said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" 36 He answered and said, "Who is He,
Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 And Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and
it is He who is talking with you." 38 Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he worshipped
Him.

C. Who is not to be worshipped?

1. Acts 10:25-26 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and
worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I myself am also a man."
2. Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you
do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony
of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
3. Revelation 22:8-9 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and
saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9
Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of
your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship
God."

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

When he says “I and my Father are one”, This does Not mean in the literal sense. You see the bible was originally written in Hebrew, and the Hebrew style of literature is full of metaphors and similes. This is a well-known fact, ask any Jew. Then the bible was translated into Greek. In the Greek language there was no such thing as metaphors and similes. Everything was literal. So nowadays everybody reads a “Hebrew bible” through “Greek glasses”.
If you read this verse in its context, you will understand.

John 10: 23-30
23: And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
24: Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25: Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26: But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29: My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30: I and my Father are one.

The Jews came to Jesus and said to him “How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.” The Jews were confused with the preaching of Jesus, so they said to Jesus “tell us plainly” and Jesus replied, “I told you,But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.” Then Jesus talks about his followers and promising them paradise as their reward, then when he says “I and my Father are one”, He means that he and God are one in revealing the message.

I can go into more detail and continue the rest of this chapter to make it clearer but I hope you understand.

However, I still haven’t seen a verse where Jesus says “I am God” or any sentence where he says “Worship me” in the Bible.

People doubt Jesus' divinity because of his human attributes in the Bible. Everything he preaches and his lifestyle described in the Bible is very Human, and not Godly. This is why people believe the “Father” is God and “Jesus” is a prophet of God (two different “persons”).

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will find it in the Book of John. Happy Searching!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

God/Jesus is the subject:

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Now, the last word "one" in Greek is "hen" Neut. one in essence, not one person which would be "heis" masc.

John 14 covers the subject pretty well also. See verses 11,28,29,38 and Rev. 2.3

Sorta spiritual huh ?

SearchingTruth
Community Member
Member # 7510

If Jesus is "God", where in the Bible does he say "I am God" or "Worship me"?
bluefrog
unregistered

I just tried to answer the question here on the GOD/JESUS board. The subject came up here initially. I started to thunk about it and put my learnins down over there. Too lazy to do it again here. rivit

Dr Bluefrog, esq.

Eden
unregistered

Glory belongs to Him, agreement is usually a good thing. [Smile]

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

To totally agree would devastate you wouldn't it Eden! [Big Grin] [pound]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
Question was: Why do some think that God and Jesus are two different persons?
Uhh, I think that God and Jesus are two different persons...or, to state that more correctly, I think that God the Father YHWH and Jesus the Son of God are two different persons.

But they are both eually God. To me it is as if the Father duplicated Himself in the Son, as in cell division, now there are two but there are both the Same, that is, God begets God.

So now there are Two Persons where before there was One Person (not counting the Holy Spirit in this discussion).

bluefrog wrote
quote:
There ARE Two Persons, and the Two Persons DO NOT MERGE IN AND OUT OF EACH OTHER; they are BOTH GOD.

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

AMEN!

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

If a person is not familiar with the Word of God then it seems natural when they hear the Word spoken. It takes time to learn spiritual lingo.
Remember when you first heard your first puter words, like icon, html, mouse, blog, message board, etc ?

There are folks who have been going to church for years who still think that God and Jesus are different. Some think that when you are saved you get an extra spirit....you've got your own which was changed then you get the Holy Spirit.
It's not so hard to understand why they think these things. It's not so hard to understand why any of us find the need for study of the word. If we didn't see a need for study of the word why are we here on this board ?

I'm here to learn, share, and study...not to show my pride in my vast knowledge of the word, cause I learn every day and feel pretty stupid sometimes. But, I'm learning and that makes me feel lots gooder.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

But you know, we 'relate' to Him on three different levels, only, one at a time, as Father, and as Son, and as the Holy Spirit, but not so much as only 'one' person, all at the same time. And it necessarily starts with Jesus, because we needed Him in order to have a relationship with the Father. So we did not start out with the Father. Therefore through the person of Jesus, 'by' the Holy Spirit, we came to the Father.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

God/Jesus:
Genesis 1:1 IN the beginning God (Hebrew Elohim, plural)....

The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent! [clap2]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

John 5:6-8
(6) This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water along, but by water and blood. AND IT IS THE SPIRIT THAT BEARETH WITNESS, BECAUSE THE SPIRIT IS TRUTH.

(7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are ONE.

(8) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in ONE.

Verse 7,
The Father - testified of the Son, both at His baptism and at His transfiguration.

Mark 1:11
Thou art my beloved Son, IN whom I Am well pleased. (Baptism)

Matthew 17:5
This is my beloved Son, IN Whom I Am well pleased; hear ye Him. (Transfiguration)

The Word - Who testified of Himself many times, while He was on earth, and again, more greatly after His ascension in heaven. (Rev.1:5)

The Spirit - Whose testimony was added after His glorification.

John 15:26
But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

These three are one just as the Father and Son are one. Nothing can separate the Spirit from the Father and the Son for they are a totally package.

They are one in essence, in knowlege, in Will and in their testimony.

Selah,

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is Isaiah? Was it not he who was so adamant that the Holy Spirit was not a person? Did he also believe in oneness? Well, he is not here to answer.

Though one, God is all three at once! And in order for us to 'relate' to Him, our God, we have Jesus, the "Image of the invisible God," because we need the focal point as little human beings. That also is why HE became flesh. But Jesus is the Word of God. Neither is His (the Father's) word separate from Himself. But if the Father can have knowledge of something that the Son does not, that implies some kind of distinction, or separation.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that scriptures reveal that the Father and the Son are not co-equal in authority, but where I believe that They are co-equal is in divine essence/Holy nature.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement