Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 7)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 29, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Trust

I have been awake awhile, hurting. I was holding off taking anything because I wanted to go to Church, but the pain got too much for me. As I laid in bed I begin to pray and God gave me peace. I gave in to the pain pill and that is okay. God has a reason for everything. We can trust Him even when we do not understand why things happen the way they do.

The world has tragedies everywhere and yet, we know that God is still on His Throne. We need not fear what is going around us for God tells us to go to Him for rest and peace. As the song I shared yesterday said, we can praise God even when we are in the midst of a storm. Our circumstances do not diminish the power of our Heavenly Father. It is often in the midst of storms that we witness His great power.

People are fearful today and they are looking for something to put their trust in. Some people put their trust in having money. Some people put their trust in Political Parties, and some people put their trust in a god that is not of the Bible.
There are many false Gods. Some people today think that they can remake the God of Heaven in their own image. Others they think they can tell God what is sin and not sin. Even some Pastors seek to enlighten God in what is popular today.

We cannot change God. We need Him to change us. Our prayer should be like the song: “Change, my heart, God”. People change all the time. Today’s morality is not the same as it was in the 50’s and that is a shame. People may think having a progressive God who changes with what is popular is a good thing, but it is not. The world needs God to be unchangeable. A god that changes with each new age would not be trust worthy. We can count on the true God of Heaven, being the same through thick and thin.

God is faithful and sure. He stands firm and strong no matter how the winds change. We can trust His truths just as Abraham did. Sin is sin today just like it was in the days of Lot. We can please God just like David by having a heart that trust and believes in the God of Heaven. We can read the Holy Bible and know where God stands on sin and morality. Our hope is in the One who will never change or fail us. We can trust Him with our last breath on earth and we can trust Him with our first breath in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 28, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Disappointment

Disappointment can come from many sources. Our mates, coworkers, kids, and other families members can disappoint. Guess what my friend, even God can disappoint us. It is not that He does anything wrong, but our expectations of what He is going to do, can cloud our vision. Sometimes He doesn’t answer our prayers right away, wanting us to wait on His perfect plan. Other times He says no, because what we want is not good for us. We can become disappointed in His answers to our prayers.

We can even become disappointed because the rapture did not happen when we thought it would. Every body is disappointed in their lives. It is what we do with it that matters. Are we willing to except the will of God or do we allow anger to grow in our hearts because of disappointment.

Waiting on the timing of God can be time to pray and study His Word. As we wait patiently on His plans our trust in God will grow. I would love it if God would send out a message to us telling when He is coming for us. Jesus has told us Himself that His Coming is know only by God. We will be at peace when we trust in God’s plan. We know we are living in the season of His return so this should inspire us to work for Him diligently.

The best way to live, is to live like there will be a tomorrow but be prepared for Him to come today. In others words pay our bills and make plans for the future but make sure every day that our hearts our rapture ready. The rapture is not a pipe dream. Jesus is coming back for His children. Do not lose heart or faith as we wait for His perfect time.
Betty

https://youtu.be/DoqbKyeKOBI

Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say, Amen and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
And praise the God who gives and takes away
And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands
For You are who You are no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Read more: Casting Crowns - Praise You In This Storm Lyrics | MetroLyrics

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Memories

Memories can be good and bad. The devil likes to bring up bad memories that hurt us. Even memories that over 20 years old can still cut our hearts. They are most effective when the memory pops out of nowhere in our minds. Sarcastic jokes made at our expensive, hateful comments, and lies told against us, make fodder for the devil to use.

The temptation is to allow the memory to grow and to dwell on it like it is a brand new wrong against us. The answer is to remember we have already grieved over passed wrongs to us and to give it to Jesus as soon as the thought comes to our head. We are not the same person we were at the time and neither is the person who wronged us. Turn the hurt over to God and rejoice in how God allowed the injury to help us to grow in Him.

Memories can be a blessing too. Loved ones who have passed on can be revisited in our memories. Spending a few minutes thinking of happy times in the past can revive our spirits today. Let us be careful not to spend to much time in the past. We have many blessings today that we can rejoice in. God is so good and we can feast in His love by reading His Holy Word and by talking to Him.

We want to spend our present growing in the Lord and working for His Kingdom. There are so many disasters going on in the world today. Wildfires have sprung up in many Countries. On one side of America there are fires and the other side there is flooding. The groaning of the earth for the return of Jesus is now more like a scream. We need not give in to fear, but become more mindful of the return of Jesus. When we realize how close we are, our prayers for the lost should grow stronger. We need not hide from the news of the day nor do we need to pretend that reality is not real. God is in control. We can trust Him not only for our individual lives but with the present and the future.

Let us seek to be spending the time we have left praying for the lost,and seeking the face of God for ourselves and others. God has won the war. God will not quit. We can face tomorrow knowing God is God and we are in His hands.

Revelation 22:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Betty
I saw the cutest video on Facebook yesterday. A squirrel had crawled into a hole of a bird feeder and put his head out the other side. He got stuck. The video showed all the work the man had to go through to get the squirrel out. It was funny and inspiring.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

JDU,

I have been going through an issue all week with my family.
God answered our prayers at midnight last night. God is good.
Depression runs amok in my family, including me. I find relief when I stay close to God, but the devil likes to knock us around. In the end we can trust God.
Betty

--------------------

jdu4510
Member # 15569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdu4510   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true Betty
Doubt and depression takes our focus away.I've certainly been made aware of this from your post.Thank you and of course I thank God for showing this to me.
God Bless You

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 26, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

We Are Never Completely Immune to Doubts

This morning as I was brushing my teeth, I told God that I could not handle a problem that Satan has brought my way. Truth is, I cannot handle it, but also the truth I do not have to. God is with me and He will help me. I had taking my eyes off of God and put them on my situation. Satan had push the situation in my face as soon as I got out of bed. Instead of stopping and praying, I gave into doubts. God in His mercy reminded me that He was not going to forsake me.

I do not know what you are going through. I do know that many Christians are being persecuted by Satan. Satan would love for us to lose our faith and hope, this close to the end. God says to hang on to His hand. He is coming soon. Let us pray for God to strengthen our faith and forgive us for doubting. Doubts sneak upon us like little foxes trying to steal our crops. We can thrive if, when the doubts come, we remind ourselves of God’s love and care for us.

Our faith is anchored in the Lord Jesus. If we keep our eyes on God, Satan does not have a chance to steal our faith and security. True we do not know what tomorrow will bring but He is the same that is with us today, will be with us tomorrow. Pray for our lost loved ones. It will not be long until Jesus calls us Home to Heaven.
Betty

https://youtu.be/X5g-Att0bmE

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

To Be Used of God

To be used by God for the glory of His Kingdom, takes personal sacrifice.
Not in only in the work itself, but the sacrifice of what it takes to get us to the place to be willing. In my case it took having a disease in my body. Often our fears get in the way. We feel we are not smart enough or our talent is not as good as others. Sometimes it is in our helplessness that we are willing to let go and allow God to work through us.

When we are willing to be helpless before God and allow Him to do His work through us, then God can use us. When we put too much self into our work, we are not ply able enough for God to use us. The work becomes more about us and what others think of our work. If we turn it over completely to God, then the criticism of others doesn’t hurt us. If we know we did what God led us to do then we can relax.

The work we are doing and should be doing is work to further the cause of Christ. God forbid, that our work be about impressing others. The rewards we are working for are not of this earth. It is our job to please God. Yes, it is great to know that our work has helped someone. When this happens we rejoice with them in the God who used us to touch another soul.

Let our desire to be pleasing to God. To be willing to work for the cause of Christ. To be open to hear His Words. We should pray daily that God will give us wisdom not only on what to say but the wisdom to know when to speak and when to be quiet. Pray for one another. The devil would love it for Christians to stop working for Jesus and to coast right into Heaven. We know that God wants us to work until the day He calls us home.

Please pray for my family. The devil likes to attack Christians in these last days. Like others we have been wounded but God is still in the healing business.
I pray that God will bless and provide His healing grace on all who reads this.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Pride Goeth Before A Fall

Proverbs 16:18 New King James Version (NKJV)18 Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

Yesterday, I talked about how Pride keeps masses from excepting salvation. The pride of not admitting their sins and the pride of not wanting to admit that they need a Savior. Even when they admit they are sinners, some do not want to bow down to God and allow Him to be the Lord of their lives.

Satan was a very beautiful angel. Some believe that He stood over the Throne of God and was admired by other angels for his beauty. You could say that Satan was top of the Angels in his position. Yet, he allowed pride to over take him. He decided that he no longer wanted to be standing over the Throne but sitting in the Throne. He rebelled and with those he convinced to join him, they decided to over throw God.

Their attempt to over throw God was a failure and the devil and his angels were kicked out of Heaven. The Angel of Light became Satan and his angels become demons. Just as Satan gave into the sin of pride, so can we as Christians. We can start to compare our sins to others. Instead of weeping over our own sins, we try to find another Christian and compare their sins to ours. God does not grade on a curve. We must all seek forgiveness for our own sins.

How do we protect ourselves from pride? We remember our talents are a gift from God. If we have a voice of an angel. It is because God gave us that gift.
We are giving gifts so that we can work for the Kingdom of God. Let us not become prideful of our gifts. Our talents can be taken way from us in an instant.
When we work in the Church for earthly rewards, we will not be rewarded in Heaven. Remember earthly praise last only for a moment and then the crowds move on to someone new.

When we work for God and use our talents for His Kingdom we will find peace and joy. Of course we want to do our best for God, because we love Him. Let us rejoice in the Glory of God and His great love for us.
Betty

Isaiah 14:12-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Fall of Lucifer
“How you are fallen from heaven,
O [a]Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the [b]lowest depths of the Pit.

Ezekiel 28:12-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God:
“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
“You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Finding Peace In A Sinful World

We live in a world where true peace is rare and people look for it, but rarely find it. It doesn’t matter how rich you are, peace cannot be bought. People seek peace in mind numbing ways like drugs, alcohol, and sex. Fame does not bring peace. We have seen too many famous people take their own lives, in despair. Power does not bring peace. Real peace comes from God.

Living in the last days we see turmoil every where. People are constantly on edge. Sadly it is not uncommon to see on the news that a fight breaks out a restaurant because of mistake in the order. People live in fear and despair, not knowing that God is peace.

The world is living contrary to the laws of God. They do not want God involved in their lives or their government.

“In drafting the original platform, Democratic leaders had removed references to God (and to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel). They didn’t merely forget to mention God; in updating previous party platforms, they made a conscious decision to remove Him. When that decision was brought to the attention of ordinary American voters, outside the orbit of the Democratic Party apparatchiks, it was unpopular. It didn’t play in Peoria. Belatedly, the Democratic leaders realized that they should put God back in the picture. So an amendment to the platform was place on the convention’s agenda.”

The Democrats do not want to know how God feels about abortion nor gay marriage. God is nice to have around when you or someone you love is sick. It is okay to pray for comfort and help when the Nation is at war. Yet, they want God to stay silent about the laws of God that are broken in politics. If a Democrat today ran on the platform of no abortion and marriage between a man and a woman, they would be committing political suicide.

This world is against God and His Holy Word. The left and the right are rich off of dividing this Country. The more each side hates the other, the richer the people at the top get. Our Country has been forcing Israel to give away to her enemies plots of lands, for decades. They have forced them to give land to people who want to see Israel cease to exist. Israel has dealt with violence for so long because of what America and The UN has done to her. Is it not surprising that America and Europe are now divided and living with their enemy in their own borders? We are now reaping the seeds we have sowed. We have removed God from the Schools and the Courtrooms. We have scorn those who still believe that sin is sin and now we live in distrust and danger.

Yet, even in these days we can find peace of mind and heart. We can go to Jesus and seek peace from the God of peace. Some people believe a great revival is coming to America, I wish that was so. I believe America lost her chance Sept 11, 2001. If American had repented of her sins then, God would have healed our land. We allowed pride to keep us from admitting our sins against God. We as individuals can have revival in our hearts and we can find peace in the arms of God.

The Bible says that even in the Great Tribulation, people will curse God. Pride and arrogance will send many too hell. It is not so much individual sins but people being too proud to seek God and His Ways. Pray for this world and her leaders, keep your heart set on God and His Ways and rejoice for He is COMING SOON!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Jud,
I will put your name on my prayer list. Hang in there, Jesus is coming soon.
Betty

--------------------

jdu4510
Member # 15569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdu4510   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please Pray that I find steady meaningful employment. I quit my job in 2010 to look after my Mom who had dementia.I looked after Mom for over three years full time. During this time I developed SVT, racing heart, I could not work because of it and finally had surgery in 2015. Then I got work as a cleaner, but it is only on call work. In 2017 I had a heart attack. I have Healed pretty well from that but in January of this year Mom went Home to God. Been a rough few years. Sure would appreciate Prayer for steady work cause I'm not a kid anymore and getting up there and things are tight. Thank You All, God Bless.
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdu4510
Member # 15569

Shall Pray for Healing, God Bless You
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22,2018
Good Afternoon Blessed Sunday,

Lost and Alone

Every person has felt lost and alone, even Christians. Christians are not immune to times of uncertainty and confusion. In these times it may seem that God is hiding from us. This is a lie from the devil. We may not be able to see God from the clouds of the storm. His voice may seem muted due to all the noise of the thunder. The lighting can cause our hearts to fear. If we are not careful our faith in God can weaken.

Why does God allow us to go through these types of trials? It is not about punishment and it is not so He can test us. It is so we can know where we stand with God. Have we moved to far from God? Have we become complacent in our faith? God knows where we stand, but we need to know where we stand. We cannot improve if we do not know our weakness. Whether we pass the test with flying colors or fail, there is always something to be learned.

It is important that we are willing to learn from God and His Holy Word. It is almost impossible to teach someone who is proud and arrogant. It is scary to be vulnerable but it is in our vulnerability that God can reach us.

Lost and alone? Never if we are a child of God. He never leaves nor forsake us. Resist the lies of the devil and take our fears to Jesus. In our times of loneliness spend more time with God. God is waiting and willing.

James 4:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Betty

Put the humming bird feeder back together and refilled the bird feeders. Be sure and look for your diamonds of joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2018

I think a squirrel attacked the humming bird feeder. It is in two pieces on the ground. Have you ever felt broken emotionally and spiritually? The devil seeks to destroy Christians and their testimony any way he can. There are times we need to take a break from the work we do for the Kingdom of God, to rest our bodies and our minds. When we do this we should spend more time reading the Bible and praying. It is in the arms of God that we are revived. There is no shame in taking a time to regroup and be refilled by the Holy Spirit.

One thing is important is to take care of our bodies. We need proper rest and fuel. When we are exhausted, this makes us an easier task for the devil. This means we cannot say yes to everything, even Church work. We cannot give to others if we are empty. We need times that we rest our bodies and our souls in the arms of God. When we spend time in the presence of God, then are souls are filled. It is when we are rested and our souls filled with the Holy Spirit that we can then share God’s love with others.

If you are like me, you have trouble admitting that you have a need. There is something about us baby boomers that think it is a sign of weakness to admit we need something, even prayers.

I am going to go first. My breathing has really been rough this weak and the fibro pain has been making it hard for me to get around. I need prayer. Please feel free to post your prayer request and I will pray for you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2018

When you are going through a situation, do not be surprised that the devil will hit you from more then one direction. If we have stayed close to God, the devil will fight harder, but remember, my friend, we are on the winning side. Multiple attacks cannot destroy us if we draw closer to God. The devil wants us to abandon our faith and get mad at God. When we determine in our hearts and mind that we will serve God to our last breath we can keep on going like the energizer bunny.

Remind the devil that our faith in God is not a jacket that we take off when we are not in Church. Our faith is a part of us just like our parts of our physical bodies. The devil make knock us down, but the Holy Spirit lives in us and with His help we will rise back up. The devil and his demons cannot defeat us if we hang on to our faith in God.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, the devil is fighting harder now because he knows his time is short. Just like the devil, we know the times we are living in; the last days. We will hang on to the hand of our Heavenly Father. We will not allow the devil to defeat us. We will stand up for the truth of the Gospel. We will stand for our God and King.

The devil will get in a few licks and we will have the scars to show it, but he cannot steal our salvation. He cannot steal our hope in Christ. He cannot steal our hope of eternity with God in Heaven. Do not allow ourselves to get prideful. We are standing firm in our faith by the grace of God. All praise should go to our Heavenly Father.

We do not know what tomorrow brings. We do know who holds time in His hands and who knows all things; our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 18, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

The Catholic Church -vs- The Gospel of Christ

When we seek forgiveness from sin, we do not need to go to a Priest. When Jesus died the curtain that protected the Holy of Holies was ripped from the top to the bottom.

Mark 15:38 King James Version (KJV)38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

No longer would man need to go to a Priest for forgiveness. Jesus’ death provided a way for us personally to go to the Throne of God.

Hebrews 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Jesus was the precious sacrifice for our sins. Now we did not need a Priest to go once a year for the people’s sins. Every person can go to the Throne of God and in the Name of Jesus seek forgives of our sins. We do not need to Pray to Mary for her to seek forgiveness of our sins. We ask ourselves in the precious Name of Jesus.

John 14:13
Verse Concepts
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14
Verse Concepts
"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Matthew 21:22
Verse Concepts
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

John 16:23-24

"Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full. "In that day you will not question Me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

1 John 5:14
Verse Concepts
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

While the Lord’s Prayer was given by Jesus to teach us to pray, there is no benefit from saying the Lord’s Prayer multiple times. Saying the Prayer over and over does not bring us forgives of sin.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Matthew 6:7-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
[a]For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

We talk to God from our heart. Memorizing a prayer and saying it 25 times does not resolve us from our sin. It is the precious blood of Jesus. So a Priest nor does Mary have to be our advocate to the Father. Jesus is our advocate and we pray to Him. We make our request to Him personally.

1 John 2:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Test of Knowing Christ
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Jesus died to forgive us of our sins and to repair the relationship with God and man.

Romans 5:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,

Knowing that we can now go directly to Jesus for forgiveness of our sin, cutting out the middle man, we can be assured that God hears our every word in prayer, personally. A man can not offer absolution of sin. Only God can forgive us of sin. When we pray to God in Jesus’ Name, God hears our prayers and will forgive us of our sins.

God is not an ATM machine. We do not ask forgiveness of sin and then purposely get back in the mud of sin. Yes there we will be times we are repeat offenders, but forgiveness of sin requires a change in the way we live. We are no longer to live for self but live for God. We will not be perfect but God wants to strife to live Holy lives. Salvation brings a change in mankind. We should not talk and act like we did before we were saved. When we seek to please God there will be a change.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2017

“No One Understands Me Like Jesus”

That was my daddy’s favorite song the last few years of his life. I look back on those days and I realize that my dad had carried a heavy load for so long. He was always a rock we could depend on and he never showed weakness. As he aged, we did not see that he was no longer as strong as he once was emotionally nor mentally. When you are the strong one, you do not know how to ask for help. I am thankful that he knew that he could call on God.

As I get older and my health declines, I understand more what dad went through. No parent wants to be a burden to their kids. Nor do we want to be that parent that is always complaining to their children about their health issues. It is wonderful to know that we can complain all we need to, to our Heavenly Father. He will never stop listening to us and unlike human parents, He actually does have all the answers.

Truly Jesus understands us like no other. He knows our physical, emotional, and mentally issues. He sees what no one else sees. Even more important, He knows our future. Because He holds tomorrow, He is willing and able to carry us through what tomorrow brings. We can rest peacefully knowing we are in the hands of God.

When we seek a closer relationship with God we find more peace and when we open our eyes and heart we can see the diamonds of joy that God puts in our daily lives. When devil tells us lies to discourage us, call on Jesus for help. Seek God through out the day. Seek ways to share the love of God with others. Talk to God through out the day. May God richly bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2018

“It’s All In Your Head”

Have you ever had a Doctor who seemed to dismiss your issue? When test came back negative, they assume that you are either exaggerating the symptoms are that the issues are caused by depression. You leave the office still dealing with physical issues but now you are depressed at not being taken seriously. In the 70’s I went to the Doctor with a sinus infection. I knew what I had, because I had issues with sinuses infections in High School. The Doctor told me and my husband it was my nerves and sent me home with Valium. The next day Hubby took me back to the Doctor with a 104 temperature. The Doctor agreed I had an infection.

When we go to God with our issues, God doesn’t have to guess the cause. He can see the cause of our issues and He does not dismiss us nor send us away with our problems unaddressed. God begins to address our problems, immediately . Spiritual issues are not often cured over night, but God begins to work through us to help us heal and grow spiritually. We can rest assured that what is important to us God, He will take seriously.

Knowing that God listens to us and His mind does not wander off, makes us realize that He loves us. Unlike when we leave the Doctor’s office, we do not get up from our prayers to walk alone. God is always with us. The more we trust in Him, the more we can feel His presence. The sweet communion we have with God gives us present comfort and hope of the future. Knowing our future will be with God for eternity gives us hope to live today through our difficulties.

God said we will have problems and difficulties. God has never promised us a smooth ride, wrapped in bubble wrap. It is the daily challenges and difficulties that allow us to grow spiritually. For those that suffer physically, we can wonder why God does not remove the pain and the symptoms that can be most challenging. God instead reminds us that His grace is sufficient to see us through. As we look back on our journey, we will see it is the physical struggles that has caused us to depend more on God and to grow spiritually. Would I want to go back to the person I was before I got sick? No! I did not know God intimately like I know Him today. Do I want to stay right where I am today spiritually ? No!

I must be willing to suffer so that I can grow spiritually into the person God wants me to be. Remember my dear, sweet friends, everything we suffer now will be worth it all, when we step into Heaven’s Gates. Let us remember the words of the Hymn that says: “It will be worth it all; when we see Jesus”.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

A Winner

Today’s world is into winners. I must admit fashion winners are not in my wheelhouse. A few months ago there was some kind of movie festival in Europe. Yahoo showed the pictures of those who they thought were the winners of best dressed. Most of the outfits, were so weird, that I would not leave the house in them.

Just as I do not fit in with today’s fashion, the world’s choice of winners, would not be consider winners by God. Remember when President Obama’s rewarded a medal of bravery to Ellen Degeneres for being the first sitcom star to come out as gay on the show. I think Ellen is a nice lady but her lifestyle does not fit in with the guidelines of the Bible. She would not be listed in the winners of faith in the Bible.

We are indeed living in the last days when what is good is consider bad and what is bad consider good. Living for Christ and being His light in a dark world will not make you a winner in today’s world. Jesus said we cannot serve two masters. We cannot be a world pleaser and a God pleaser. Already people in the world consider Christians ignorant. If you are against abortion and gay marriage you are considered red-neck hillbillies. If you vote conservative you are a red-necked hillbilly.

What do we do? We make up our mind to please God. He is our Savior and Lord. He is our friend who is always with us. Pleasing man brings a momentary reward. Pleasing God brings eternal awards. Hollywood’s darling today will be forgotten tomorrow. As God’s children, we will always be important to Him. He will not replace us with someone new. Let us strive to be our best for our Savior and Lord.
Betty
I refilled the feeders yesterday and they are empty today. I think the birds I have been inviting new birds to come. Of course this makes me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

JB,

Thank you. I have a lot of health issues. Several causes daily pain as soon as I wake up. Yet, it was through my suffering that God called me to write. Feeding the birds and squirrels has been my diamonds of joy. I pray that God will bless you for your encouragement.
Betty

--------------------

Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in Jesus name.Amen. hi BettyLouis, i hope your feeling better, for the hope set before him he endured the cross.This is the hope i have for myself in my affliction which Christ gave me ,everything done and said, he will present us holy and blameless before God in love , to enjoy the beauty of the lord forever the God,who made the moon and stars and sun and all things.like you i see him in the beautiful creation he has made to think we are part of it. amazes me.

Understanding will keep you.

--------------------
jb

Posts: 124 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 14, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

The Battle Is Won

The devil can convince us that there is no hope. We can become so burden down that we feel like we are crawling through life like a snake on the ground. The devil can make us live in a sea of hopeless. The devil throws lots of stuff at us and we can lose focus on God. When we stop focusing on God the Author and Finisher of our faith, we become a victim of the devil and his demons.

God is calling us out of the miry clay of despair, into His joyful presence. God is calling us out of defeat into His victory. When our eyes are stuck in our present circumstances and not on the finish line, we can be come discouraged and want to quit. My dear friend, we are so close to the finish line. As Dottie Rambo wrote, we have come to far to turn back now.

Yes, I know we live in the present and not the future, but have we forgotten that God is with us every step? Have we lost sight of our Heavenly Father? Pray that God will open our eyes to see He is guiding us and walks every step with us.

2 Kings 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

My God, my Savior open our hearts to see that you have surrounded us with angels and we are not fighting this battle alone. Be gracious to us and allow us to feel your presence. For in the darkness of battle we can get lost behind the clouds of hopelessness and despair. Give us comfort and grace. Surround us with your love and give us hope in a world that gets more wicked each day. As you answered Elisha’s prayer, help us to see we are not alone.
Amen

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2018

There are two birds fighting at the feeder. There are three separate feeders in a small area and yet they are fighting over that one feeder. They both left the feeders in anger, instead of sharing. We can also be that petty. If I can not have the big piece of pie, then I do not want any. If I can not have the big part in the Christmas play, I will not play any part of it.

Do we ever get upset when it seems God blesses others more then us? Even Pastors can wonder why some Churches have a larger attendance then their Church. We all can be susceptible to envy. Yes, we can be envious of other’s talents and their blessings. We need to be content in the area God has blessed us with. This does not mean we do not strife to grow spiritually. Pastors in small Churches are wise to visit their neighborhood and share the Gospel with others.
We just need to be content to grow where God places us.

When we seek God’s Will and follow His paths then we will live in contentment and peace. When we live in peace with God, His light will shine through. We must pray that God will protect us from allowing bitterness to grow in our hearts. Bitterness eats through us and can cause physical diseases in our bodies. No one wants to be around someone who is always negative and complaining.

We have so many things to be thankful. Let us take joy in what we have and not stress about what we do not have. When we let go of pettinesses and rejoice in our salvation and the blessings God has bestowed on us, we will be happier and be a better witness for Christ.
Betty

Philippians 4:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Most mornings, the birds eat while I am still asleep. The feeders get emptied even though I don’t always see the process. Just like that God often works behind the scenes on our behalf and we do not see the work. We see the results, but for a time, we can wonder if God is working on our behalf. Satan likes to use these times, to whisper to us that God doesn’t care about us, telling us that God is ignoring us.

Ironically, it is the devil that causes issues in our lives and then he taunts, us that God doesn’t care. If we are not careful, we can get mad at God, instead of Satan who works hard to destroy us and our testimony of our faith. If Satan can discourage us, we become silent about the goodness of God. Our testimony because meaningless, when we ourselves have lost faith in God.

We can read the Bible see how many men and women of history that God was working behind the scenes in their life and they did not know it. If Joseph’s brothers had not sold him into slavery, he would have not been in Egypt. If the wife of the man who bought him had not falsely accused him, he would have not be in a position that God could put him in power in Egypt. All the horrible circumstances that happened to Joseph put him in the position to be used by God to save the lineage of Jewish people and the ultimate birth of Jesus. When things played into place, Joseph could see the reasons why things happened.

We may not know until we get to Heaven why tragedies happened in our lives, but we can know that God is with us and His ways are just and fair. It all comes down to us trusting God, even when we are in the dark about the reasons. We can be joyful even through the bad things in our lives when we put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

What can we do to please God? Be obedient and trusting children. Do not be quick to listen to the lies of Satan. Satan never has our best interest at heart. He is evil and evil is what he sows into the lives of people. We can resist the devil when we trust God.
Betty

James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

So Many Claim To Be Jesus

It seems every couple of months or so, we hear of another person claiming to be Jesus. If we do not know the truth we could be caught up with the many who follow these men. Jesus did not leave us in the dark about His appearing.
Jesus will not step on this earth until after the tribulation. At the rapture we will meet Jesus in the air.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We do not know if those left behind will see Jesus in the air, but many will see people disappear. Co-workers, people who are watching live TV, and family members will see people disappear before their eyes. The Muslims believe that Jesus will come back in the last days and declare Allah as God. This will not be Jesus but a convincing fake.

Not only does the Bible tell us the circumstances of the rapture, it tells us what will happen when Jesus appears on earth.

Zechariah 14:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

We need not listen to every voice calling out that Jesus is here. We have been told what will happen when Jesus stands on earth again. We are not looking forward to the Second Coming. We are looking forward to the rapture when we shall join Jesus in the clouds. When Jesus comes back for the Second Coming, we will be with Him.

Revelation 19:11-16 King James Version (KJV)
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2018

Too Proud to Need God

One of the biggest reasons more people are not saved is pride. People are too proud to admit they are sinners. A swimmer that floats out to far in the ocean, often finds their in trouble long after the fact. Many people take pride in their sins. They do not need God, because they are content to live in their sins. There was a time that people hid their sins in shame. Now people flaunt their sins as if they were an accomplishment. They preach love and tolerance and yet they despise anyone who disagrees with them. Many people wish that Christians would either shut up or disappear.

They will get their wish one day. God will call His children home and In a twinkling of an eye, Christians will disappear from earth. The world will believe that they can then create Heaven on earth. Nothing could be further from the truth. The earth will see disasters that have not been seen since Egypt refused to allow the Hebrew people to leave.

Hebrews 10:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Those who are left on this earth will be those who rejected Jesus. God will pour out His wrath on these people. Even in those times God is willing to accept people who are willing to admit their need for God and turn from their sins. The Bible makes it clear though that people have hardened their hearts to the point that they will refuse Christ until they are forced to kneel at Jesus’ feet.

Romans 14:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

But it will,be too late for salvation.

Pray for lost sinners. Pray for our Country and Her Leaders. The time for salvation is now. God says He will allow those who knew the truth but preferred living in sin to be deceived by Satan and his anti-Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We are not children without hope. Our hope is steadfast in the God who created all things. Work with diligence until He calls us home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2018

Guide Me Lord in Thy Paths.

The more I seek to walk in the paths of God, the more the concern is if I am truly in His paths. I realize this concern is not based on me losing my way, but the fact that the more I seek His ways, the stronger the desire grows in me. The more our desire to please God, the stronger the need will grow in us. This desire is a good thing and the stronger the desire, the better.

When we find our self coasting in our faith, the desire to be close to God, will begin to fade. We are courting danger when we are content to walk further away from God. Remember we usually don’t go from close to God to faraway from God. It’s over time that we move little by little. Often it is a crisis that allows us to see just how far we have moved from God. When we need God the most He seems so faraway. God did not forsake us, but we have begin to abandon His ways for our own.

God will take us back, but it will take time and prayer for us to feel the closeness we once had with God. It is so much better to seek to walk closely to God. We live in a world of darkness. The media honors sin and pity’s those who prefer to live in the truth of God. They use love and tolerance as their model, but look at the tolerance that they have shown for the President and the Whitehouse staff. The world we live in should make us cleave to the Lord’s side.

Christians walk into danger when we try to please God and mankind. We cannot walk close to God and the world. The closer we get to the world and her beliefs, the further we move away from God. You cannot please God and the voices in this world.

Matthew 6:24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

We can and should seek daily to walk close to God and in His ways. When we do this there is little danger of us going off the path of God into believing the lies of the world.

Betty

Psalm 25:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psalm 31:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 73:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Sunday,

God Meets Us Where We Are, But So Does the Devil

When depression comes, God meets us and if we heed His voice, He will lead us out of depression. The devil meets us, too, but his mission is to tell us more things to be depressed about. God is our hope and our redemption. The devil seeks to be our destruction. We must choose. Do we allow God to lead us into the light or do we stay in the pit with the devil and his lies. God is truth. The devil is the father of liars.

The devil tells us to give up and that there is no hope. Our Heavenly Father says for us to take His hand and He will lead us back to the mountain top. What if God chooses not to heal us on earth? We then remind ourselves that His grace is sufficient unto the day.

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

God can turn our despair into joy when we trust in Him and lean upon Him.
Even in sickness and trouble, God will lighten our load if we come to Him. Let us not be sunny day Christians, only worshipping God when things are going right. It is the paths through dark clouds that as we walk hand in hand with God, that our faith grows. When our faith grows and our trust in God grows, we grow spiritually. Just as we suffer growing pains in our bodies, we often suffer growing pains spiritually. Remember God never leaves us nor forsaken us.

In my distress, I call to you,
You welcome me with loving arms
In my pain I cry to you,
You wrap you arms around me, Lord.
In my despair, I call to you,
Oh! what, a mighty gift you are.
My God, my Savior, and my King,
Nothing can ever compare with you.
My heart rejoices in your presence,
Oh! What a mighty God you are.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July, 7, 2018

Rain drops glistening on the humming bird feeder and a breeze, waving the flags, gently in the air. I am relaxing and taking in the view from my windows. We do not even have to leave our home to see gifts of joy, God brings to us. So many times I take for granted the little gifts of joy that God provides me.
Yet, in God’s mercy and love for me, He does not with hold His kindness from me.
In His mercy He wraps His love around me and keeps me safe and secure.

Troubles, yes, we all have them. As we get older, our bodies begin to fail us, yet God in His love for us, walks with us, even when are steps are uneven and slow. He does not forsake us for younger and healthier people. True, we cannot do the work we once did and yet God blesses us for what we can and are willing to do. Our Heavenly Father is faithful to us from our birth and until our last breath. A companion like no others. He never gets mad and stomps off to another room. Even when we have a day where we are whining about circumstances, He is faithful and just.

God bring us little moments of joy. Sometimes we even chuckle at things that amuse us. I believe that God delights in our laughter of enjoyment. As we enjoy these moments and remember to thank our Heavenly Father for His gifts of joy that He brings to us. Let us praise God in prayer and in songs.
Betty

Psalm 9:1 King James Version (KJV)
9 I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2018

Do Not Be Quick To Anger

We can be quick to anger, especially if someone hurts our feelings. There are different types of anger. When we are driving and someone cuts us off, we call them an idiot, but that anger fades quickly. We do not know the person and while we may be upset, we move on quickly. It is when the person who hurts us is someone we trust that the hurt goes deep. The cut they cause, goes deeper. It takes longer to forgive. Even after we forgive, the devil will remind us of the wound. Just like a physical scar, we find ourselves, rubbing the wound and meditating on it and if we are not careful, we can allow anger to re-emerge in our hearts.

What do we do? When the devil has done this we pray. We pray for the person who injured us and then we pray for ourselves. We ask God to comfort us and give us a spiritual healing. When we do this, the devil loses.

Ecclesiastes 7:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

James 1:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

In most cases it is best not to bring up the issue with the one who caused the pain. Brining it up will cause the person to be come defensive and libel to bring up new offenses. Just put the issue in God’s hands and move on. Remember God has forgiven us of our sins. We should follow His example and forgive those who offends us. Do not make the mistake of comparing our sins to others. While in our eyes we may think our sins are less then someone else, to God sin is sin. Now the bigger the sin the larger the crop we will reap. Just remember, someone else’s sin is between them and God. In other words; none of our business. Seek forgiveness for our sins and do not waste time comparing our sins to others.

Each day I am hopeful that today will be the day that God comes for His children. Yet, at the same time, a new day is a day that we can work for God and His Kingdom. We trust God and know that He is coming for His children and His timing is perfect.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 5, 2018

We had a good day yesterday. We smoked sausage and corn on the cob and had it with sliced tomatoes . Last night we had the neighbor family over for homemade ice cream. The Astros won 😁, all in all a good day.

It is good for us to have a relaxing day. It helps us physically, emotionally, and mentally. God has nothing against us having a day of relaxation. King David wrote about how he often found relaxation, resting in God. God wants to give us peace. We can find joy in the Lord.

Nehemiah 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

God instructed the people to enjoy a good meal and reminded them that He is their strength. We too can find joy and be strengthen in our Lord God. When troubles come if we go to God first, we will not become dishearten. God knows we live in trouble times, but we He wants us to trust in Him. When we spend too much time looking at our situation and not enough time looking at God, our focus becomes covered with storm clouds.

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We are still working for God and trusting in Him to help us grow spiritually. We have not yet finished our journey. Until Jesus calls us home, may God help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. God has not given up on us so let us keep our faith strong and seek his face and pray for God to lead us in His truths. May the Holy Spirit protect us from false Preachers and Teachers, who teach a little truth with a lot of lies. Even a little bad flour will ruin the bread. May we stay true to the day we hear this:

Matthew 25:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Have a blessed day and rejoice in the joy of the Lord.
Betty
Just looked out the window. The bird feeders are empty. Oops.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 4, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Independence Day,

Yesterday was Hubby and I, 48th Wedding Anniversary. My hubby took me out to a special place for Dinner and my Son and his Wife sent roses to the restaurant. We had a wonderful time.

Today we celebrate America’s freedom. Our freedom was not free. The blood of men and women were shed to make and keep this Country free. Younger people do not understand why we fight wars across the ocean. They think of it is meddling. Yet, if we let an evil power can control across the ocean they will soon be fighting us on our own land. People also forget it was terrorist that flew our planes into American buildings.

Some millennials are willing to give up our freedom for peace. There is no peace without freedom. Liberal colleges are no longer teaching the value of democracy and freedom. Nor are they pointing out how bad it is in Venezuela.
Venezuela was to be a model of the greatness of socialism. Instead the Country is abandoned by masses. People are starving. Babies and young mothers are dying in deserted hospitals. Yet our media is silent about the terror of socialism.

For today, let us praise God for the freedoms we have. Let us pray for those who live were freedom is not given. God has blessed America for so many years. He has shown great kindness to us. While we are now suffering the consequences of taking God out of School and passing laws that are against the laws of God, God has show American great mercy and patience. One day His hand of protection will be removed, but for today, praise God for the freedoms and safety we have.
Betty

https://youtu.be/oB2_j7c0d70

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2, 2018

Living Out My Faith

There is a saying that has been around awhile: “If they were arresting Christians, would there be enough evidence to convict you?” There is truth in that statement. If a coworker was asked if we were a Christian, would they say that, we said we went to Church but at work we did not act like a Christian? Does our language reflect our faith? Do the jokes we tell show that we are a Christian? This is a lot to think about.

Being a Christian does not mean we do not laugh and tell jokes, but it should mean that we would not tell a joke that could not be shared in Sunday School. Being a Christian is not a coat that we take off when we are not at Church. Christianity is about our relationship with Christ. Even Christians make mistakes. If we hit our thumb with a hammer, words might come out of our mouth that shouldn’t. We immediately ask God to forgive us. When evil words come out of our mouth in normal conversation, then we need to go to God for help. Sin has become casual in our daily lives and we need the Holy Spirit to refresh us and change our hearts and minds.

Living out our faith day by day and walking closer to God, will cause us to live out our faith. If others do not see Jesus in us, our testimony for Christ is for naught. The more we love God, the more we want to please God. When we seek each day to please God, then others will see Jesus in us.
Betty

1 Peter 3:8-16 New King James Version (NKJV)
Called to Blessing
8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be [a]courteous; 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For
“He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him [b]refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Suffering for Right and Wrong
13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But [c]sanctify [d]the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July1, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

We are still not sleeping properly. We were still awake at 4:30. I am going to Church and then Hubby and I are going to eat with our son and his wife. Hopefully we will come home and take a nap. Things do not have to perfect in our lives for us to be blessed. We live in an imperfect world, yet we can still see God’s handiwork in our lives. Little blessings and big blessings.

We should be thankful for small and big blessings. Each are given in love to us by our Heavenly Father. In turn, we should seek ways to be a blessing to others. When we allow our Heavenly Father to work through us, we can be used by God to further His Kingdom.

One day we will walk the streets of Heaven. Until then let us pray that our journey here on earth, will be a shinning beacon in a world that is getting deeper and deeper in sin. May our lives help point the way to Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 30, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

“Lord, help me to seek You with all my heart.”

We get so easily distracted in just living life, that we can push God aside. Our prayers can become short and our mind barely on the prayers when we say them. We rush through the day and say a quick prayer before we fall asleep. Our spirit can begin to feel empty and our relationship with God, grows cooler. God gently whispers into our heart, but sometimes we are too frantic to hear His voice.

This doesn’t have to be. We can talk to God when we wake and ask Him to show Himself to us, throughout the day. As we go about our day, we can talk to Him. He is our friend. We can talk to Him about anything. As God brings people to our minds, pray for them. Quick little prayers throughout the day, keeps us closer to God.

It is a wonderful blessing to have a close relationship to God. We will not truly understand God’s love for mere mortal man, until, we walk into Heaven. When a pilot of a small plane flies over a crowd, the people look like little ants, running around. God in His Heavens does not look at us like ants. He wants us to draw close to Him and know Him well. May our prayer be for us to seek God daily and to know Him better.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 29, 2018

Looked out the window and saw that both bird feeders are empty. Definitely a job for the day. Of course I do not mind because I love the birds and squirrels. There are jobs that we do around the house that we really don’t like to do. There just part of living and need to be taking care of. There are times that a job is assigned for us to do at Church that is at not the top of our want to do list. Yet, everything we do for the cause of Christ will be rewarded.

There are lot of jobs done for Christ behind the scenes. Jobs that do not bring recognition. In Jesus’ day the washing of the feet of guest, was assigned to the lowest house servant. With dusty, sandy streets, washing of the feet was necessary. The woman who washed Jesus with her hair and her expensive perfume is preached about in every Church, yet even one of the disciples voiced his disproval of what she did. She was not a servant of the house but came in from her home to wash Jesus feet. Her actions were done out of her love for Jesus.

Let us always seek to do the things for the cause of Christ out of our love for Jesus. When we recognize the sacrifice that Jesus did for our salvation, our hearts should be over flowing with love for God. Begin every day with a heart for service for the Kingdom of God and you will be blessed.

Colossians 3:17 King James Version (KJV)17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 28, 2018

How Much Do I Want To Know God?

There are all kinds of relationships. They are those that are only passing relationships. Like with our mail person. We may remember them by name and speak to when they bring a package to the door, but we don’t know much else. We have friends that we see once a year and we love them, but we do not know their daily struggles and the good things that happens to them. Even with family there are those we talk to more often then others. When it comes to friendship we do not always have a choice how close the relationship will be. Some people are more private with their thoughts than others.

We do have a choice with God. Some Christians are content to know God superficially. They are happy that they are saved from hell but content to walk further away from God. In our lifetime we may have had different kinds of relationship with God. There were times we treated God, like that Aunt that we only talked to once a year. There were other times that we talked to God daily. There were times we talk to God at Church Sunday morning and then moved on with our lives till the next Sunday.

God wants to have a daily relationship with us. He wants us to know Him, intimately. It is up to us to choose the time of relationship we want. The more we talk to God, the more we study His Word and pray, the more intimate our relationship will be and the sweeter it will be. The question is: “How much do I want to know God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 27, 2018

In My Distress

People have always dealt with stress. David often called out to God when he was stressed. Today is no different. There are plenty of things that can cause stress. Job, health, world, and family issues can cause stress in our lives. God never said that His children will not suffer stress, but we can go to God for stress relief.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version 6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

We can go to God for comfort and for emotional healing. When we hear about something bad happening to someone on the news, we can pray for them and their families. When we hear of distressing things happening to Christians, around the world, pray for them. Our prayers are not just an exercise. God hears our prayers and He honors our prayers.

John 16:33 New International Version (NIV) 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

God is not going to be defeated. He has already defeated the devil. We can trust Him. We can go to Him for peace of mind and heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 26, 2018

To See His Face

The closer I get to Jesus, the stronger I long to see His face and to walk in His physical presence. The anticipation of the rapture bubbles up in me so that there are times I am crying out to God “Please be today”. Yet I want to work for God. I want to do what He has called me to do. Then I remember what Paul said, that God is with us on earth just as He will be in Heaven.

More and more of us Christians are sensing an anticipation of the rapture and I believe the Holy Spirit is reminding us get our house in order. To seek God to search our hearts for hidden sins and seek forgiveness from our Heavenly Father. Also the Holy Spirit is reminding that soon our troubles will fall off of us like leaves from a tree in the fall. In a twinkling of an eye our physical bodies will disappear and be replaced with our glorified bodies. Bodies that will have no disease and no pain. Glory to God!

Listening to Christian radio I hear how millions in China and Muslim Countries are accepting Jesus as their Savior. Our hearts should be filled with praise as God is bringing new believers into the fold. People who had never had a chance before to understand salvation and the sacrifice that Jesus made to save lost souls are finding salvation in Jesus. Knowing that Jesus is still reaching out to lost souls around the world should comfort us and encourage us in our faith.

Soon, my friends, we will look upon the face of Jesus. Until that time, let us continue to pray for lost souls. Live with hope for our redemption is coming soon.
Don’t give up on God this close to the prize.

Philippians 3:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25,2018

Just As I Am

Jesus calls just as we are to come to Him for salvation. Unfortunately, too many people have the attitude that we come as we are and leave as we are. We come as sinners and we leave still living in sin.

Today’s world has the attitude that people must accept them as they are. It is confusing to me as an older person , to hear about all the different genders that people embrace now. In some cities in America you can be fined for calling someone the wrong gender. Even little children are being taught to reject the gender they are born with.

Matthew 7:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Sadly too many people think that they are saved, when they are not. In the 90’s we had HBO for free so I watched a Cher concert. Before the performance she held hands with her dancers and prayed that God would bless her concert.
Then she went on stage and uses God’s Name in vain many times. Many people believe because they pray every day that they can be saved and live in sin. This is not Biblical.

When Christians attempt to explain that there has to be a change in your life and you must allow God to be your Lord and Master, people reject it. They do not want to hear it. This is the age of acceptance and they think they can make God accept them as they are. God is not going to. My friends, it is only going to get worse. This is the times we are in. We are living in the days of Noah. We must stay tuned to the Holy Spirit and keep ourselves from being led astray. It is not tickling your ears preaching that is going to cause you to grow in Christ. Better my friends to accept the truths of God now, then to be led astray by fast talkers.

2 Timothy 3 New King James Version (NKJV)
Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, [b]unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Jesus told us that when these things begin to happen to lift your heads.

Luke 21:28 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

My friends do not fear the times we are in. Jesus is coming soon. The fulfillment of our redemption is upon us. Praise God! We will soon see Him in person and rejoice in His presence. While we are living in a world whose goal seems to be to see how sinful they can be, stay close to Jesus and worship and praise Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 25,2018

We went with our son and daughter-in-law to a winery last night for a Country concert. We had a wonderful time. There was about 800 people sitting in lawn chairs all spread out . It did not feel crowded and we had a blast. Sometimes it is good to sit out in the trees and just listen to music and relax.
Hubby and I even attempted to dance. We looked silly and that is okay.

We can allow ourselves to relax and have clean fun. God did not call us to go around with a frown and look miserable all the time. While we should treat God with reverence at the same time He wants us to relax in His presence. The Bible says for us to come boldly to the Throne of God. God wants us to have a relationship with Him so that we walk with Him daily and be at peace. Our Heavenly Father loves us. When we are able to take some time for some fun, He must smile at us, seeing us enjoying live. God gave us life. He does not want us to live in constant misery.

There are a lot of things going on in this world, to make us cringe, fear, and cry. Take time occasionally for a little fun. This does not mean we are hiding our face from what is going on in our world. We still pray for the lost. We still look forward to the day Jesus comes to get us. We just take time to enjoy the things God has blessed us with. As the old saying goes:”take time to smell the flowers”, we should take it a step further and thank God for the flowers.
Betty

Hebrews 4:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 23, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Saturday,

As an older person, I love the way we can look up on goggle map or our navigation system to see how to get where we want to go. So much easier then trying to read a map. God gave mankind a map so we would know how we could live in a way to please Him, the Bible. The Bible shows us our sinful nature and then shows the way to be saved. The Bible gives us instructions on how to live in a way that is pleasing to Himself. We have no excuse that we do not know what is a sin.

The more we love God, the more we want to please Him. The closer we walk with God and the more we communicate with God, the more we will love Him.
Each day can bring us closer to fulfilling the plans that God has for us. All He ask is for us to be willing vessels. He does not expect perfection. He wants us to listen for His voice. Study His Word. Pray Often and be willing. Seek ways to share God’s love with others. Be kind to one another and pray for others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 22, 2018

Hearing the Voice of God

We are so overwhelmed with troubles that we do not hear the voice of God. When things are going great, we may not even be listening for the voice of God. We can get caught up in false preaching and teaching, and not hear the voice of God. Are we seeking the voice of God or are we just content to stumble through our relationship with God, without spiritual guidance.? Do we want to grow are or we content to stay the same until He comes to get us?

Only we know the answers to these questions. With me the answers can vary from day to day. How many times have we heard people say “if I can just make into Heaven”? Of course barely getting into Heaven by the skin of our teeth is better then hell. Our salvation is not based on works. Thank God.

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”

When we are content to get saved and then coast into Heaven, we are cheating ourselves and God, from having a close relationship. A growing relationship that gets sweeter every day. Heaven forbid if a tragedy affects our lives, because we do not have the relationship where we can go to God for help and comfort at a moment’ s notice.

2 Corinthians 5:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

In Heaven one day, we will stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ. This is not about sins. If we have sought forgiveness for our sin, this will not be a time of Jesus punishing us for forgiven sin. Though works do not earn our salvation, our works will be judged. This is when our motivation is judged. Of course if we did nothing for Christ, this will be a time of great embarrassment for us. Where our works for earthly fame? Are there works we did not to please God but to get recognized in front of the Church as a great person? If the job we are asked to do is one that doesn’t bring about public praise, do we still do our best for God?

Only we know our motivation and sometimes we are not clear on that. Just like we should pray for God to search our hearts for hidden sin, we should pray that God would search our hearts and check our motivation. Pray that our motivation for our works will be our love for Christ. Pray that God will use us for His Glory. After a dinner at Church, our we willing to stay and help clean up? Are we willing to do work for God, that no one knows about?

Let us start each day praying that God will guide us into what He wants us to do. Seek God’s face for guidance, for every day. As always pray for those being persecuted for their faith and pray for lost souls.
Betty

No humming bird at the feeder at the moment, but a red wasp loves the sugared water. [Smile]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 21, 2018

Where do I stand?

Where do I stand with my employer? This is a question, we wonder about when we are working. Is he or she satisfied with my work? Often, the question should be what kind of employee, am I? Am I just doing enough to get by? Do I do my best at my job or am I just sweeping my mistakes under the rug?

Where do I stand in my relationship with God? Am I doing my best work for God, or am I giving Him second best? Is my relationship with God more like “Good Morning, God!” and “Good Night God!”, at the end of the day? Do I even think of God during the day, if there are no problems? Do I have a Sunday only relationship with God? Heaven forbid!

We can be under the mistaken impression that God chooses what kind of relationship we will have with Him. This decision is ours. What kind of relationship do we want with God? Do we want to walk at a distance, doing our own thing and praying when we need something? Do we want to have a daily walking relationship with God? We can! We just need to choose to walk with God daily, read His Word, and pray often.

When we choose a daily relationship with God, the relationship is sweeter.

Psalm 34:8 King James Version (KJV) O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

The more we walk with God and read His Word, the more our trust in Him grows. The stronger our trust in God is, the sweeter our relationship with God is. When we are in daily conversation with God, the more the joy of the Lord fills our being.

Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

The joy of the Lord strengthens us for the task God has for us. When we work for God out of a loving heart we will be at peace.

So my friend, let us ask ourselves “Where do I stand, with God?” “Where do I need to improve?” “What kind of relationship, do I want with God?”
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 20, 2018

A raining week, here in the Houston area. We had been behind on rain, so the rain is a blessing. The rain often causes problems, too. Street flooding is often an issue here. Rain can change your plans for the day, if the plans included a walk at the local park.

The blessings that God gives us, can sometimes feel like a curse. God may use sickness to help you stop from your busy life and take time to pray. There could be times that God allows something to put you in the hospital so that you can witness the love of Christ to others. This is why Paul tells us to praise God through every situation. Paul should know, he used his time in prison to share the news of salvation with the guards. Paul was willing to use what ever his circumstances were, to serve God with a glad heart.

When we praise God in the midst of our circumstances, our hearts will be filled with the joy of the Lord. Let us lay aside our complaining and frustrations at our circumstances and open our hearts to accept the will of the Lord in our lives. What ever circumstance God allows in our lives, we are not walking alone. God is with us every step. Let us stop looking at our circumstances and look to Jesus. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Fight not against the will of God, but embrace His will with a obedient heart. Our suffering is only for a short time. Soon Jesus will come for His children. Stay steady at the plow and work for God with a glad heart knowing victory is ahead for us.
Betty
A squirrel is at the feeder in-spite of the rain.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 19, 2018

Passing Down Anger And Pain

John has a fight with his wife before leaving work. He snaps at his Secretary. She goes home and her husband asks her if she knows where his blue shirt is and she snaps back that it is not her job to keep up with his clothes. Their little girl dances into the room and both parents snap at her that they are not in the mood to see her dance. The little girl goes to her room and cries.

John’s troubles have affected two families. Anger can be good and bad. There is a righteous anger and there is an evil anger. It is not a sin to get angry. It is a normal emotion. It is what we do with the anger. If our mate or boss is angry for a good cause, we work on fixing the issue. If they are just taking their issues out on us. We seek the help of God instead of passing the anger to others.

When we take our anger at being hurt ourselves, on others, we do not know what they are going through. They could have their own family issues. They could be in physical pain and feel like they are at their limit on what they can take for the day. We are so much better off going to God and telling Him about our hurt and pain. When we do this, God will give us peace.

Let us pass around God’s love and not hurt and anger. Let us be candle in a sinful dark world and not a bear in a bad mood, just waiting to pounce on someone.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 John 2:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Test of Knowing Christ
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 18, 2018

Do you remember me the little children’s song “He’s still working on me”?

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

If you are like me, you often wonder why it is taking so long to turn us into the person God wants us to be. We seem to make one step forward and two back. Sometimes we will even commit a sin that we thought we were delivered years ago from. Often we find ourselves being childish in our behavior. When we realize what we did, we are ashamed and discouraged. How can we be so petty?
We can be selfish and demand our way with God.

When we realize what we have done, the devil often uses our sin to attempt to discourage us and to depress us. He may even try to convince us that God has given up on us. This is a lie. If we feel guilty and uncomfortable in our situation, then the Holy Spirit is still wooing us back to seek forgives from God and to ask God to heal our relationship, with Himself.

Spiritual growth is a lifetime process. God will be working on us until we take our last breath. We will not arrive to perfection, until we take our last breath on earth and we enter the glories of Heaven. God working on us is a gift from God. His constant work on us, is a shinning example of His love for us. Let us never stop seeking spiritual growth. Let us daily prayer be that God will guide us through spiritual growth and that every day we will become closer to being the person that He wants us to be.

Betty

https://youtu.be/TryWSimZjeg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 17, 2018
Happy Father’s Day,

After smoking the meat, 5 hours yesterday, it is back in the smoker this morning. To make good smoke meat takes time and heat. Just like it takes time and heat to help us grow spiritually and it doesn’t happen over night. We don’t go to sleep one day wake up the next day, super Christian.

What is God desiring of His children? He wants us to be children of faith. Children who trust their Heavenly Father, with all their hearts. Children who are willing to walk with Him on the mountain top, as well in the valley. Children that God can depend on, no matter what they are going through.

God wants us to be loving and kind. He wants us to treat others with respect. This doesn’t mean we lie to people about sin. We speak the truth in love and gentleness. On the other hand we do not beg people to get saved. Salvation is not something that people can be tricked or forced into. You speak the truth and if the truth is rejected, you drop it. You should keep praying for them but you cannot force anyone to be saved. Salvation is a personal choice, that everyone has to make. We must be prepared that many will not accept the truth, but we keep praying for them.

Have a blessed day and take a moment to pray for the lost and Christians who are in prison for their faith all around the world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 16, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Saturday,

Tomorrow is Father’s Day. If your are blessed to still have your Fathers, spend time with him, if you are able. Some of us have Fathers in Heaven and sadly some never knew their father. Remember, as Christians, we have a Heavenly Father who loves and cares for us.

The world feels that becoming a Christians makes for a miserable life. Truth is we find joy in serving the Lord. Everybody in the world has troubles, but when you are a Christian, you can go to God for comfort and encouragement. We are privileged to walk daily with God. Serving God is a privilege.

Have a blessed Sunday. Look for your diamonds of joy.
Betty

Matthew 7:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 11:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement