Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 9)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 28, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday

“Those whom God calls, He equips.”

When we have been called by God, He will equip us. It is easy to allow the devil to convince us that we are not qualified for the task. He is willing to offer us all kinds of excuses to prove our inabilities. God will help us and give us the necessary tools to do the job. We must choose to listen to God. You are in a position to reach people that I could not. We all have our little circle we live in and God wants us working in our place. Do not worry about someone else’s position or be concerned that others may have a bigger piece of the pie. Work where God has placed you.

I have found the more we allow God to use us, the stronger our faith will be and the more we will grow in the confidence of God. Never think better of yourself than others because God is using us. Remember God could make a stick in the back yard do the same jobs we are called to do. Whatever praise or glory we receive, give it to Jesus. It is He that is working through us, that accomplishes His work for His Kingdom. Work for God in humility and praise His Name for allowing us to be used by Him.

My friends, the time is coming that God will call us home. Our work on earth will be finished. That is why we need to work for God now. Do not put off working for God. We do not want to stand before God with empty hands because we never found the ‘right’ time to work. This is the time to work for God. Pray for guidance so that we know what God wants us to do. Pray for courage that we can still work for God, even as our work becomes less and less popular in this evil world.

Pray for others and pray for yourselves. Communication with our Heavenly Father is a must in the times we live in is essential to our spiritual well being. None of us knows what the near future holds. Let us not live in fear but trust God, who knows all things. We can be calm and at peace when we place all of our fears in Him.
Betty

2 Timothy 1:6-14 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Not Ashamed of the Gospel
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.[a] 12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
Be Loyal to the Faith
13 Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

We used to buy lottery tickets twice a week. We wanted to buy a house on some land and help our kids and our Church. As I have gotten older, I rarely buy tickets. Simply because I have become more content with my life. We live in a two bedroom duplex. It just right for the two of us. I no longer worry about the kids so much for I know God is taking care of them.

I do not believe it is wrong to want to own a house and help your children. I just think as you get older you need for material things grows less. At this point I want my children to be happy and live close to Jesus. As we grow closer to God we can trust Him to provide our needs.

As Christians we should be aware though of those suffering. Pray that God will let you know if your neighbor needs a helping hand. Pray that God will open your heart to know when to give and when not to. Pray for one another. Seek to have a closer relationship with God. Pray for your children and grandchildren that God will bless them and protect them.
Betty
P.S. Please do not turn this into an argument about lottery tickets. Each person should decide for themselves with prayer.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Thursday,

The song “Joy Unspeakable”, is in my head. Our Lord God does indeed fill our heart with joy. None of us live trouble free lives, but God in His mercy, encourages and comforts us. As Christians we can be an instrument used by God to encourage our fellow believers. We should seek ways that we can work for God. Let us be open to His calling and willing vessels to do His work.

If you do not feel joyful today, that does not make you a bad Christians. We all have days when we feel blue. God understands this. We can talk to Him about what is bothering us. We can always be honest with God. We can trust Him to guide us on good and bad days.

I pray that God will bless you. Reach out to one another when we need a helping hand. Do not allow pride keep you from seeking help from God and others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Our dog, Bertha is a large dog in a small body. When we let her out in the morning she runs to the fence to bark at the neighbors three big dogs. Bertha carries on like she can take all three dogs. Hubby tapped on the office window and she almost flew to the back door to get inside. She thought the dogs had jumped the fence.

When we try to take on the devil or resist his temptations on our own we are like Bertha up against a huge dog. God never told us to go take on the devil. He did say the devil will come at us and attempt to turn us away from God. God reminded us that He has already defeated the devil. When the devil comes at us we do not stand there in a super man costume, ready for battle. We stand in the armor of God. It does not matter how many years we have been saved or how strong in our faith we are. We will be defeated if we attempt to fight the devil on our own.

God does not want us to live in fear. We can live securely when we realize that God is with us. We will have our defeats, that is a given. We lick our wounds and run to Jesus. He will heal us and strengthen us. Even defeats can help us grow in our faith in Jesus, if we run to Him instead of giving up.

My brothers and sisters we are so close to the prize. It would be a tragedy to give up on God now. Let us hold on to the truth of God so we are not swayed by new ‘gospels’ of the world. If what you hear something contrary to the Bible, run from it. God has not changed His mind on sin. If it was a sin when the Bible was written, then it is a sin today. God is all knowing, He does not need enlightenment.

Philippians 3:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Today, I express to my sister, Beverly, how I am so tired; physically and emotionally. Truth is I am tired. Then I think of the squirrels who come every day to the feeders. The squirrels nor the birds, lose any sleep wondering if I will fill the feeders. Even when I forget, their maker provides for them.

Just as our Heavenly Father provides for the birds and little creatures, He provides for us. Why do we stress over what we cannot fix? Why do we not go to God for answers. Why do we wait until we are physically exhausted to call on God? Are we trying to prove we can stand in our own strength? Are we afraid of bothering God. Jesus says for us to come to Him.

Matthew 11:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Jesus wants to give us rest, physically, emotionally, and mentally. We must take that first step and ask for help. Lay aside our pride and admit our needs. When we do we will find rest. When we trust in God we will find peace. I talk a lot about trust but without trust we cannot receive what God has for us. We must open our arms and our hearts to accept His gifts for us. Let us not close ourselves off from God working in us and through us. Allow God to love us and allow others to love us. People who live lives where they need no one including God, are missing out on many blessings.
Betty

James 4:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23, 2018

Hope you weekend was enjoyable and that you found times for rest and times for searching for your little diamonds of joy. Hope you feel refreshed physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Our spiritual journey is not a street straight up a hill. Although at times we feel like we are embarking on a journey up Mt Everest. Our journey is like climbing around a mountain. There are times that we feel we are making headway only to fall many feet below in a valley. These valleys are hard and the devil uses them to his advantage. He will try to get us to give up. Telling us that we are a better Christian then some, so let us just build a little hut and stay in the valley. Or he will convince us that we do not have the right tools to climb back up. If we put on the armor of Christ, we do have the right tools. The reality is we cannot stop our journey and just live there in peace.

We are like water, if we stop moving we become stagnant and we will stink. We are either moving forward or we are sliding back. We can lose years of growth by allowing the devil to convince us to stop. I am not talking about you, I am talking about us. We all grow tired and we all are tempted to say to God that we are content to stay where we are.

We can allow pride get in our way. We can say in our hearts that we do not want to become one of those “Jesus people”, always talking about God. We can be afraid our friends will abandoned us, if we talk about Jesus too much. Sadly, we can miss out on a wonderful relationship here and now with Jesus, when we want to keep Him on Sunday and put Him away on Monday. Our prayer should be: “if I must error let it be because I am too close to God rather than to far away”

There is a group of people in California that wants to outlaw the selling of Bibles because of God’s stand on homosexual. This should scare us pale. Our Country is slowly becoming anti-God. High School and College students have failed a class because they wrote about God. These things are happening because the tribulation is around the corner. These things should scare us toward God and not seek ways to hide our faith.

My dear friends, this is not the time to be a “Sunday only” Christians. We need to make up our minds, we are going to serve God to the end or be more concerned about pleasing those of this world. God is calling us to choose. The world will soon demand we choose God our the political correctness of the world. If we are a Sunday only Christian, will our faith be strong enough to choose God in public?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Are we willing to step out of my comfort zone?

We all have an invisible line that marks the area that we feel save. What do we do if God asks us to step over the line? Do we pretend not to hear? Do we make excuses for not moving? It is not easy to take that leap of faith. We should know God will catch us if we fall, but we sometimes doubt.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The more we study God’s Word, the more faith we will have. We exercise our faith in God by our obedience to Him. God can not trust us with big things if we refuse to trust Him in the small things. Daily growing in the Lord is essential to our spiritual growth. Trust and obedience brings about spiritual growth. We should pray each day that God will help us to be obedient to His call.

Have a blessed day. Sunday’s are good day to worship God and to rest.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Watching a squirrel climb up and down a pole to get to the feeders. The squirrel is having fun and I am being amused. One of my little diamonds of joy. Hubby and I are still sick, suffering together. God in His mercy sent me encouragement.

Today, I read that some Collages are teaching a class that is teaching against Christianity. I never dreamed this would happen in America. Feelings of anger, fear, and hurt that my Country has become so anti-God. Then I reminded myself that this is what the Bible said would happen. Things are falling in place for the world to accept the anti-Christ. There are very scary times ahead for this world.

If we keep our faith in Jesus and trust in Him, we will be taken out of this world before the tribulation starts. This does not mean we will not face hard times but we will not be alone. Knowing Jesus is with us all the time can bring hope and peace into our hearts and minds.

Like Paul reminded us, we are not a people without hope. There is coming a day when Jesus will indeed step out on a cloud and welcome us home to Heaven. Do not live in fear, but you keep your trust in God. He will never fail us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2018

There are days when you have no motivation to do anything. Even working for God can seem like a chore, even though you love God with all your heart. Some times you need to take a walk and just talk to God. Some times you need physical rest. We can find peace in our relationship with God. Meditating on God’s Word can blow out the spider webs from our heads. We can ask God for a spiritual tune up.

As Americans, we mourn the loss of Barbara Bush, as we should. We are also reminded of the day we too will face God. It is not as much as getting our p’s and q’s in a row, but of strengthening our relationship with God. Seek forgiveness of unforgiven sins and seek to live in a way that is pleasing to God. If we do that we do not have to fear death.

When we are right with God, death will just be closing the door to this life and opening the door to eternity with our Heavenly Father. We look forward to that with a fierce yearning. Until it is God’s time we work for God not out obedience but out of our love for Him.

Have a blessed day. Take time for fun and relaxing, do a little work, and do much prayer, to end the day with things as they should be.
Betty
Been visited by a male Cardinal and a finch.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19. 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Why did you say that?

Into days world, many of us communicate by texting. It is quick and convenient. Texting though does not allow us to see each other’s facial expression. This sometimes allows for misunderstanding and can lead to hurt feelings.

Sometimes our motives are questioned by others. We do something out of love and people wonder if we are just doing them for extra brownie points. One thing that God has been dealing we me about is questioning someone’s motives.
Only God knows the heart. For me to question the motives of others is conjecture on my part and judging others in the worse way. We should not judge others on the motives of the heart.

As Christians we can be quick to judge fellow believers. On the other hand, God may have you gently warn a fellow believer who has gone off path. This is only done when we pray first that our intentions are pure. Dealing with a fellow Christian who has wondered off the path of righteousness is different then a teacher or preacher who is teaching false Gospel. People should be warned about false teachers and preachers.

Those who teach things that are contrary to the Bible are evil. With a smile on their faces they are leading people to hell. Fellow believer should be warned about these people. Those leaders who have left the truth of the Gospel and taking on teachings that are more pleasant to the ears should be judged and avoided.

In all things seek God’s help. Seek His guidance and share His love with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday.

What a mighty God we serve.
Angels bow before him.
Heaven and earth adore him.
I command you, Satan,
in the name of the Lord
to take up your weapons and flee,
for the Lord has given me authority
to walk all over thee.

This song was, in my head when I when I woke up. I am blessed to wake up with a praise and worship song on my lips. What a wonderful way to reminded of the greatness of God! Let us seek ways to praise God through out our days. True joy comes from being at peace with God.

Whether we are sick or well, we can rejoice in the goodness of God to His children. When troubles come, we still have our Heavenly Father walking besides us. Fear not, for our Heavenly Father, controls the universe. We my be walking a little slower, but we can find rest in the bosom of God.
Betty

I saw a young dove couple today.

Psalm 24:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2018

I am more miserable today. I called my Doctor and they said that is common when antibiotics start to work. When we grow through trials spiritually, you will often feel miserable. If I stopped taking my antibiotics, I will get worse and most likely end up back in the hospital. If we stomp our feet and refuse to allow God to take us through those growing pains, we can be assured that we will revisit them again.

It is so much easier to stay the course and trust God. He will not abandon you. Instead of struggling, draw closer to God. When we put complete trust in God, knowing His ways are the best.

I would appreciate your prayers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April, 16, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Looks like I will be going home from the hospital today. I will have to remind myself to take care of myself and rest when I get home. Just as we often do not take care of our bodies, we can neglect our spiritual health. Even Pastors can become so focused on others and neglect themselves. In fact any worker in the Church can neglect their health and their own spiritual food. If we are running on empty, we doo not have a source to help others.

It is important to get rest for our bodies and spend time alone with God. We also need quality time with family. When we do these things we are better equipped to share God’s love with others. Do not be afraid to admit when you need help. It is not a lack of faith or weakness on your part to realize you cannot do everything. What we do is pray and ask God what should be are priorities both in our family and our Christin walk.

When we are in balanced with God, family and Church, we will be more at peace. As always we can pray even when we are resting our bodies. We can pray as we go about our chores in the house and in the world. May we rejoice in the goodness of God’s love for us. Do not allow the situation in the Middle East. God did call His children to fear what is happening, but to keep our trust in Him. As always stayed prayed up and avoid sin. May we live in a way that is pleasing to to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No blog, today. Spending the night hospital with pneumonia.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

I woke up this morning with Jesus on my mind and a song of praise in my heart. No better way to wake up. I took Bertha to get her nails trimmed I have come back to bed. I don’t know if the medication is started to work, but I feel so bad I thought I would cry. Yet even in my misery, I felt the presence of God.

Sometimes we think that every thing has to be perfect in our lives to show God is with us. This is a lie. It is often in our most troubled times that we feel God more closely. In our misery we tend to draw closer to God. In troubled times we lay aside the fake us and come to God open and vulnerable. It is in these times, that God can work wonders in our life. God is not wanting a relationship with the fake us. The ‘us’ we show the world. He wants the real us, the one with doubts. The one with worries. The honest us, to come to Him, open and willing to accept His will for our lives.

When we are willing to allow God to work through us, we will begin to see results. This does not mean we will then get a perfect life, free of pain and troubles. We will have a real relationship with God and a deep relationship with Him. When we are willing to walk with God daily, we will begin to grow spiritually.

We can learn to trust God in sickness and in health, in need and in prosperity.
We can learn to trust God in all things. This does not mean that there won’t come new troubles that knock us down. When this happens instead of crying: “Why me, God!” We ask Him to help us up and to sustain us through this trying time.

As we walk close to God, He will show us why things are happening the way they are in this world. We will see God bringing the pieces together for the tribulation. Do not fear, my friend, God will soon send Jesus to bring His children, home to Heaven. Instead rejoice in the knowledge that it won’t be long until we go home.
Betty

Yesterday we had 2 dove couples, a couple of blue jays and couple of cardinals.
I praise God for Him blessing me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 12, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

I have barely slept and the few times, were catnaps, but when I awoke, there were songs of praise on my lips. We can find reasons to rejoice, even when symptoms of illnesses and diseases keep us awake. When we do this instead of struggling to sleep, we are at peace. The good news for me is when I do go to sleep, I can sleep as late as I want. The key to dealing with troubles, is to be at peace with God. I used to beg God to help Hubby and I to sleep. Now I relax, when I am awake. I read and play computer games on my tablet in bed.

Many of us have sleepless nights because of pain and other symptoms of disease in our body. When we learn to accept that this is God’s will for us, we can stop resisting and submit to the will of God. Sometimes the sweetest time with God, is talking to Him and praising His Name in the middle of the night. This quiet time with God can be peaceful and good for our spiritual growth. As we talk to God we begin to feel His love for us. Many times God will lay on our hearts someone to pray for. When we do this, we can work for God, even from bed. Remember, one day we will walk the streets of Heaven with no pain, no disease, and no tears.

Let us press on, knowing everything we do for God is a privilege. One day we will be rewarded for serving God even though we are ill. When discouragement comes, talk it over with Jesus. Remember the old Hymn:

Have a Little Talk With Jesus

I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in
And then a little light from heaven filled my soul
It bathed my heart in love and it wrote my name above
And just a little talk with my Jesus made me whole.
Have a little talk with Jesus
Tell him all about our troubles
Hear our fainted cry, answer by and by
Feel a little prayer wheel turning
Know a little fire is burning
Find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.
Lyrics continue below

Read more: Brenda Lee - Have A Little Talk With Jesus Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Betty.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Are Our Fruits of the Spirit Showing?

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

When we go out in the world do people see the fruits of the Holy Spirit shining through us, so other can see? Do we bless others with the fruits of the Holy Spirit? Or do we act and look like grumpy and angry people? Do we look like one cross word and we are going to explode? Am I the only one that has attitude
issues?

We are a testimony to the world, whether we want to be or not. We want people to see Jesus in us, but there are times, that Jesus must want to carry a sign saying that He has no idea who we are. Yes, we as Christians bring shame to the Name of Christ, when we lose our tempers, curse or be impatient with others.
Sadly as we get older, we have a tendency to become more impatient and grumpy. Between not being able to do as much as we used to and constant pain, if we allow it we can become one of those people that no one wants to be around.

My dear friends, it doesn’t have to be this way. We can pray and ask God to give us a sweet spirit even in the middle of our difficulties. Yes there will be times we are overwhelmed, but take a minute and talk to God. Tell Him about our frustrations and then ask Him to give us a sweet and kind spirit. Be willing to be used by God, even if it is just being a willing hand to another and prayers said for one another. Let us be about allowing others to see Jesus working through us.
Betty
Two dove couples eating this morning. Made me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10, 2018

We were born in to a world with turmoil and stress. It has only gotten worse through time. There was a short time as young children when there were no demands and no stress, but by the time we entered School, we took on the stress of learning and passing test. As human beings we cannot comprehend the peace of Heaven. Complete peace is an emotion that is foreign to this world.

As children of God, we can have peace even in the midst of turmoil and stress. As we begin to turn over everything to Jesus, He begins to fill our hearts and minds with peace. Even in times of physical struggles, we can lean into Jesus and read His Holy Word for comfort and peace. The devil will return time after time to fill our hearts and minds with fears, each time remind the devil that he is the father of liars and return to Jesus and find peace under His wings.

One day we will live in Heaven, where there is perfect peace, but for now we can lean on Jesus, trust in Him completely, and go to sleep at night knowing that Jesus is in control.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2018

The bird feeders and squirrel feeders have been filled. All ready for the birds to come. Have we ever thought about how hard our Pastors works to deliver the message on Sunday morning?They study and study, pray and pray, and meditate and mediate to be able to deliver what God has given Him for us.

It must be so frustrating to be doing God’s Work, while people are talking to one another, reading the Church bulletin, and going in and out of the service. The Minister is often taken for granted and so is his wife. My sister was a Minister’s wife. It would make me so sick when people complained that Pastor’s are getting rich off of tithes.

True there are Pastors on TV who live in mansions. They are few and far between. Most Pastors just barely make it from check to check just like the rest of us. Unlike us, they never really have a day off unless they leave town for vacation. Deaths and disasters happen 24 hours a day. Pastors often, leave their beds to Go minister to sick people and hurting people.

What does a lay person do? They encourage their Pastors. They don’t nick pick every message, pointing out to the Pastor any so called errors made. We pray for our Pastor. We ask Him for ideas on for ways we can bless him. Above all let us be attentive when he preaches. Pray for hearts to be open to the truth. After Church, if you can get to him, shake his hands and thank him for delivering the message.

The Pastor delivers the Word and God begins working in hearts. Sometimes to our dismay, the message steps on our toes. That is a good thing, for it gives us a chance to seek forgiveness from God and anyone we have hurt. We may not know we are sinning in a certain area, without a Preacher to share the truth.

Romans 10:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Pray this week for your Pastor.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2018

Have you ever had a prayer that seemed to go unanswered? All of us have. Today I prayed that health issue would not occur at Church. I did have issues and I know it could have been worse. For once I chose to not get upset but to trust that God, had a reason. Truth is, there are occurrences that will and have happened to us that we do not understand. Having faith in God is accepting His will even when we do not understand the reasoning behind God’s decisions. Jut trust and believe in Him in all things.

Trusting in God in good and bad times, will cause us to grow spirituality. This is important in our walk with our Heavenly Father. When we are willing to accept the will of God in our lives, we will be blessed by God. Our goal should be to be obedient children of God.

I pray that you have a good day with family and friends.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This song comforts me

https://youtu.be/RCTl4tUYIAg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 7, 2018

Let Others See Jesus, In Us!

When we are out in the world, do others look at our behavior and see Jesus? When we are driving, does our actions reflect our Christian bummer sticker, or do people call us a hypocrite because our behavior is unChrist like. We live in a rush, rush world. Drivers cut each other without a thought. Do we react in a Christian way or do we allow our temper to control our reaction ? I admit I have a tendency to become a grumpy old grandma behind the wheel. Many times I have had to ask God for forgiveness. It is best to pray before we get behind the wheel. Pray for protection and that God will help us have a good attitude and to be kind.

Through our day at work and taking care of business, we can pray that God will guide and to help us to be kind and gentle in dealing with other people. We want the love of God to shine through us so that they can see Jesus in us. Our reactions and actions can be used by God to share His love with the world. On the other hand our actions and reactions can be a bad reflection on our faith in Christ. Try not to go out in the world with a poor attitude. If your day starts badly, pray for grace from God so He can use us for His glory. Always be a willing vessel for the Lord to use. When we lose our temper with others, apologize. Even if they refuse to accept your apology, you have done the right thing.

Have a blessed weekend.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Friday,

This the time of day, that workers begin to wind down from their busy day. It is also a good time to thank God that you made it home safely. A prayer of gratitude for your job, is also good. Let us begin this weekend with a heart of appreciation and praise for God, Our Heavenly Father. I pray that God will bless your weekend with rest for your body and your spirit.

Take time to do something you enjoy this weekend and if you can, spend some
time with your family. I pray that God will bless you and your family.
Bett

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2018

I am seeing no improvement with this viral infection. In fact my voice is getting rough and weak. The Doctor comes back from vacation Monday. So I will go see him. Do you remember the old prayer: “Lord give me patience, and give it to me yesterday” . Spiritual growth does not happen over night. If we are not careful, we can become impatient with our selves. God is patient with us and we need to show ourselves some patience.

Growing in our faith is important. There will be times that we are stuck in a wheel grinding out the same work, day by day. Even this can helps us grow spiritually. Our process of working steadily, grows character. Part of working for God diligently and wiling. A employer does not want an employee that does great work on Monday, Tuesday works as little as they can get away with, and Wednesday, doesn’t even show up for work.

Let us be steady workers for God. There will be times because of sickness, you might be unable to be at your usual post, then pray. Be a prayer warrior for God.
When we get older and health issues pop up, let us take up prayer as a steady worker for God. Sending a card to someone who is struggling, is a work for Christ. Ask God where He wants you to be.

Betty
Haven’t seen a bird today. I need to trim the shrubs so I can see them.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2018

Today I turned 66, old lady, I am😀. If my 25 year old self, could see me now,she would not recognize me. Not just physically but I am a different person emotionally and spiritually. My priorities are different today and they were at 25, which is a good thing. The paths that I walked were often hard and I was often fearful, BUT, God saw me to the other side.

As we get older, we look in the mirror and see wrinkles and other marks of aging, with me it is wrinkles and white hair. Let us pray for spiritual changes as we grow older. What a shame it would be , if as we grow older we have become stagnant or even worse taken steps backwards in our faith.

God is patient with us as we grow through trials and setbacks. He is with us every step, good times and bad. He rejoices with us when we bring a new life into the world and he griefs with us when we have to say goodbye to a loved one. We really don’t realize how patient, He is with us. I can imagine how stressed I would be if I had to spend 30 minutes with a room full of toddlers. I love kids but as I get older I get more stressed and nervous around loud noises.

God is with us when we are baby Christians and as we grow in our faith and trust in Him. Every Christian, has probably prayed, “Lord, please help to learn what you are teaching me so I don’t have to go through this trial again!”. The truth is we often have to go through things more then once. Sometimes we fight against the trial and moan and groan thought the process, learning nothing, but now stubborn we really are. God is patient with us even in those times.

Have a blessed day. I pray that God brings you little diamonds of joy throughout your day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2018

Hubby found out he is diabetic. We gave away the marshmallow eggs and sugared tea. We picked up salad stuff and fresh fruit, today. Being a diabetic, requires changes in your life style. Sometimes, we have to make changes in our lives, to grow spiritually. I have watched a show for 10 years and liked it, until this year they started using the Lord’s Name in vain.

There are times that our spirit is grieved by something we watch. The world is becoming more and more unfriendly for Christianity. Jesus said it would. Television is pushing transgenders down our throats. It seems almost every show has a transgender. They did the same thing with gays a few years ago. We might think it is no big deal, but they are slowly making sexual sins, seem normal. Things that where once hidden on back roads are put on Main Street, now.

As we see these things happen, Jesus tells us to look up for our redemption, is coming soon. He does not want His children to live in fear. We are not without hope for soon Jesus will come for us. For now we live for Jesus and place our fears, anxiety, and confusion in His hands.
Betty
I got some flower seeds in the mail today. That was a nice surprise.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2018

A another new month and still God has not sent Jesus to get us. We can become depressed waiting for Jesus, but that is not God’s plan for us. While He wants us to look towards His return as a day of great joy, He still wants us to be grateful for every day of life we have. Every new day represents another day with our loved ones. Another day to pray and seek ways to reach the loss. Another day to live for Jesus. In other words live every day to the fullest while glancing at the sky with anticipation of Jesus’ return.

As we live each day, seek to be an encourager to fellow brethren. We are all under attack from the devil. A kind word, a hug, and a card in the mail can help another to keep going through the devil’s attack. Let us seek ways to work for God and for others.

I hope you had a wonderful day, yesterday, with family and friends. We were blessed to have a lovely Easter dinner with our Son’s inlaws, who are family to us. Our daughter and husband came too. We had a blessed day.
Betty

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2018
Good Evening and Blessed Sunday,

Along with Easter, today was April Fool’s Day. So many people look at Christians and think we are foolish.

1 Corinthians 1:18 King James Version (KJV)18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The Gospel made so simple that a young child of 7 can or younger can get saved and yet often the highly intelligent and wealthy people trip themselves up over the Gospel. They feel it is too simple to be believed.

2 Kings 5:9-14 King James Version (KJV)9 So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
14 Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

Naaman was not pleased at the prospect of dipping himself in the Jordan River, yet if Elisha had asked for a large amount of money, Naaman would have paid it to be heal. He almost lost his chance for healing because of the simpleness of the request.

When we give ourselves to God and allow Him to be our King, we find peace and joy. Yes we will have dark days but God will be with us, even then. It is so sad that so many, many people will day stand before the White Throne of Heaven and be condemned to hell because they rejected salvation.

Today, let us pray for lost souls, especially those who think Easter is just chocolate bunnies and Easter eggs. No, I do not have a problem with your young ones and grand kids getting a Easter basket. Just make sure they know the true reason for Easter.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March. 31, 2018

We remembered to thank God today, for what this weekend means to us and every Christian. The sacrifice Jesus made to reconcile us to the Father, cannot me measured in human terms. Only in Heaven will we understand the complete value of the precious gift that Jesus purchased for our salvation.

Of course we should thank God every day for our gift of salvation, but it is special to have a weekend that we take time to process the suffering that Jesus endured not only on the cross but the hours before. The willingness of Him to walk quietly as a lamb to be slaughter for the sinners of this world. We need to be remember that salvation is too precious to be taken for granted.

People often say that if God was really a loving God, everyone would go to Heaven. They refuse to take in consideration that Jesus paid a price to bring salvation to mankind. All He ask us for us is to seek forgiveness and turn from our sins. People want God to take them as they are. God cannot do this. God cannot live with sin. No one whose sin has not been covered by the precious blood of Jesus can enter the gates of Heaven.

In so many people it is the sin of pride and stubbornness. They think they are too good to repent or they do not want anyone telling them what to do. To many people take pride in a life that is lived their way. They do not realize that their pride is going to lead them to a eternity in hell.

I pray that you have a great Easter Sunday with family and friends and that the you take time during the day to reflect on the miracle of the resurrection.
Betty
The blue jay hung around yesterday, bringing me joy.

https://youtu.be/mBqoQJRNepo

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 27, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Tuesday,

We got a light rain today. Even though I was driving, it was a pleasant surprise. Have you ever been at Church and it seemed like the Holy Spirit was over the people? You felt so close to God it was almost being closer to Heaven.
When you left Church, your feet felt lighter. We all want to be on the mountain. We love those mountain top experiences.

It is the valley experiences that get us down. It can even seem like God is harder to find down in that valley. Yet, God is still with us. He has not left us nor will He ever leave us. If we keep our faith is steady and in our Heavenly Father, we will come out of the valley a stronger Christian. It is in the valley experience, where our spiritual muscles are formed.

Whatever experience you are going through at the moment, know that you are not alone. People care about you and more important God cares about you. When you feel unloved, remember, God Loves you. The devil will lie to you. He wants to defeat you. God says “I am with you, child!. Keep your hope in Jesus and not on mankind. Even those who love you, will fail you, at times, but God never will.

God bless you with a peaceful evening.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 26, 2018

This morning Hubby and I gave Bertha a bath, to her horror. She is still not happy. This takes me to the times that God allows something to happen to us or for us to go through something unpleasant. If you are like me, you find yourself struggling and fighting just as my dog did. Just as Bertha thought the bath would kill her, we can be convinced that we are going to drown in our troubles. We must be careful that we do not allow our dismay to turn to anger and bitterness, towards God. God wants us to accept His will in a gentle spirit.
When we stop fighting and trust God, we will find peace.

We can take this to another step up. We can pray for those that we see are struggling. Even if we can’t change their circumstances, we can give them a hug and let them know that we care. Knowing someone cares, carries more weight then we realize. Take the time and effort to be there for those in times of trouble.

As we live day by day, let us be available to care for those in need. Strive to be used by God. Let us seek His will, in all things. Rejoice in the many wonderful things God has done and does for us. Praise His Name always in our prayers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 25, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

In 1976, this day, my son was born. The day he was born my husband’ s blood pressure went up so high that he nearly died that day and was put in the ICU. So many things have happened since that day, but one think is sure, God never left me. I honestly do not think I would have made it through all the many attacks the devil used against me and my family with out the guidance of protection of God on my live.

I am sure you also have had times like that, when only your faith in God kept you getting out of bed and kept you going each day. We look back at these times and realize how we have grown spiritually and how much closer,to,God we are now compared to those days. We could not see the work going on at the time, but we did felt the Spirit of God keeping us standing in the midst of the wind and rain, storming on our lives.

It is good to remember the past so that when storms come our way we can remember the same God who saw us through the storms of the past, will see us through the storms of today and tomorrow. In the midst of that terrible day in 1976, a miracle occurred, the birth of my son. I have watched him grow. He went through years when he, himself questioned, whether God cared about him. Today him and his wife serve God. I am blessed that both my son and his sister and their mates love and serve God.

Life has its troubles but God brings us through to the other side. We must not give up. God is going to see us through to the day we walk through Heaven’s Gates. Don’t miss out on a victory, because we stop and quit in the midst of the battle. When things look bad, look up to Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday

What Kind of Relationship Do I Want With God?

Am I content to just know God like a friend I talk to occasionally? Do my prayers consist of quick prayer in the morning for protection and a quick prayer before I fall asleep? I woke up this morning with David’s words about wanting to know God’s truths and God’s Ways. These desire was strong in my heart. I do not want a casual relationship with God. I want Him to know me and I want to know Him. This knowledge will not come with two quick prayers a day or even several quick prayers. This knowledge comes by spending quality time in the presence of God.

Psalm 63 King James Version (KJV)
63 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
10 They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
11 But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

We can pray for God to put in our hearts, a desire to know Him better, that burns within our hearts. We can pray for God to teach us His ways. God wants us to know Him. He is waiting for us to seek Him.

Psalm 86:11-13 King James Version (KJV)
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Let us seek God to know Him, because we love Him and not so we know more then others. What ever knowledge God gives let us boast not in our knowledge but the greatness of the God we serve.

Isaiah 55 King James Version (KJV)
55 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

God is calling His children to come to His table and to know Him better. Seek to know Him, with all your heart. The closer our relationship to God is the less chance of us falling away from the truth. The more we know God’s truths, the easier for us to recognize a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Isaiah 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Let us pray one for another that our heart’s desire for knowing God will be as strong as our desire for food and drink.
Betty
Thank God for the birds that are singing for me this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2018

Do We Take Pride in Ourselves Because We Are Saved?

Matthew 26:34 King James Version (KJV)
34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Peter was guilty of self pride. He boasted that no matter what the other disciples did, he would stand with Jesus even in the face of death. In the garden he was the only one who struck out at the soldiers who came for Jesus. He most likely believed that Jesus would fight the soldiers and then defeat Rome. Peter did not understand Jesus’ mission. Jesus came to die for the sins of the world and not to defeat Rome. Peter could not see the bigger picture.

When Jesus went with the soldiers, Peter did not see that Jesus was turning Himself as a Lamb for slaughter for the sins of the world. Peter became defeated and maybe even questioning Jesus and His position in the Godhead. This defeat led Peter to sin. Before we judge Peter, remember only John and Peter followed Jesus. The rest of the disciples ran home. It did not take long for Peter’s pride in His position with Jesus to fail Him. The pride turned to fear. When he was asked if he knew Jesus, he denied Jesus three times.

Before we judge Peter, think about whether we have ever denied being a Christian or tried to down play our relationship with Jesus in front of people we were trying to impress. If we are with a group at a party and someone makes fun of someone who is not there, calling them a Jesus freak, do we speak up and admit we are willing to be a freak for Jesus? Or do we laugh with the group, pretending that we are not a Christian? God forbid!

John 21:15-17 King James Version (KJV)
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Could it be the reason that God asked Peter three times, is that he wanted Peter to understand how big a sin it was for him to deny Jesus. May we learn from this, that our pride should not be in the fact that we accepted Jesus but our pride should be in our Lord and Savior, who died for our sins. Peter learned from his mistake. With the infilling of the Holy Spirit, he became a strong leader for Jesus and was willing die for his faith.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2018

Precious, Lovely, and It’s Worth is Beyond Anything

Do you ever watch those shows where people take something handed down to them or even bought at a garage sale to be valued? Our salvation can not be measured in monetary value. If we owned the whole world we still could not purchase our salvation.

Do we understand the value of our salvation? Do we take our salvation for granted? Do we walk too close to sin? Heaven forbid us, to hide our salvation from some people we want to impress. How said it will be when we get to Heaven if we realize that we underrated our salvation and took to many chances that could have caused us to backslide.

Philippians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Our salvation is a serious issue. Too often we treat it carelessly and take it’s true value for granted. If we really understood how long eternity will be for sinners and Christians, our hearts would weep when we hear people mock God. We should weep for the person who has turned God into a comedy routine. Their eyes are blind to the truth and their ears no longer hear the call of God. God forbid us to harden our hearts to the point we no longer grieve for lost souls. I understand it is easy to write people off who are zealous in their hatred for God.
Been there myself. Let us pray for the lost. Only God knows who has been given over to a reprobate mind.

1 Samuel 12:23-24 ‘Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart; for consider how great things he hath done for you.”

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

2 Peter 2:20-22 King James Version (KJV)
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

1 Corinthians 9:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Revelation 3:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Salvation is not a precious stone that we can lose. Can we walk away from our salvation? Can we choose popularity over God? Can we choose power and promotions over God?

Matthew 10:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

My blog today is not to scare anyone or to make you worry. We do not have to live in worry about losing our salvation. It is a good idea to guard our heart and stay so close to God so we are in no danger of walking away from God. When we meet Jesus we want Him to tell us that we were faithful and not that we just barely made into Heaven’s door.
Betty
Saw a blue jay but unfortunately he saw me looking at him and left.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2018

I am watching a slight breeze, moving the neighbors American Flag. Circumstances can be like the wind. They can move us around emotionally and mentally. It is right, that when we see on the news that a young child has been murdered that we feel grief and anger. When we remember that we should be angry at evil and the devil and not God.

In our logic, we would like God to kill a person before he or she commits murder. Can you imagine the fear we would have every day, if people all over the world would drop dead for no reason. We would live in fear that it would happen to us. Even if God would make an announcement of what He was doing, life would not be the same. We would still live in fear that God would strike us dead.
What if God started to make our decisions for us? Telling us where to work and who to marry. We would live our life in bondage.

The truth is God could easily do this. He can scare people into worshipping Him. Would we want this? What if your boss told you that you could get a promotion if you married a co-worker or a relative of his or hers? We like our freedom to choose for ourselves. With this freedom, unfortunately comes the freedom to allow evil to over take us.

If we commit sin, it is our choice. The devil can influence us, but we choose to either run from the sin or give into sin. It all goes back to the devil’s influence. It is okay to despise the devil and his evil ways. He is an enemy of God. When bad things happen, remember the true creator of evil and that is devil. In our limited knowledge we are not capable of understanding the ways of God. Our job is to trust Him, to know His ways are better then ours.

Pray for the families that lose loved ones, especially to murder. Trust God. He will bring about His perfect justice.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 20, 2018

Where are my eyes focused?

When I was a kid, there was a cartoon where a horse or mule, not sure which,was running. They had a fishing pole clipped to his head with a rabbit hanging, just close enough for the animal to smell it. He ran fast to catch the prize. This morning as I laid in bed, I was convicted. I have become more focused on the prize before me and less on my surroundings.

There is nothing wrong with looking forward to our eternity in Heaven. It is when we lose focus on what is happening around us that we begin to lose our way. Sadly we can get the attitude that people in the world are going to hell and all we want to do is get out of this world as soon as possible. The question came to my heart about how often do I pray for the lost souls of this world. My prayer at bedtime is often for God to save my lost loved ones and come back quickly.

It is right that we want Jesus to come back soon. We are the Bride waiting for our Groom to come get us for our Marriage in Heaven. There would be something wrong in a relationship if the Bride did not wait with anticipation and hope for her Wedding Day. Yet, our love for God should push us to love sinners and pray for them. The more we long for God, the more our hearts should yearn for souls to be saved. The closer our relationship with God becomes, the more our hearts should burn with desire to see more lost souls get saved. Wanting the rapture to happen today doesn’t mean we do not pray for lost souls today.

Where is our focus? We should search our heart and ask God to help us to long as much for lost souls to be saved as we do for His return. May God find us working for Him, when He returns and not just sitting in a spiritual rocking chair, waiting and caring not for lost souls.

Every day pray for opportunities to share the love of God and every day be looking for His return. We can do both.
Betty
Saw a tiny little bird at the feeder. I love it when tiny birds are eating.

Psalm 121:1 (KJV) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 Thessalonians 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.
5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 King James Version (KJV)
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 19, 2018

I am watching the leaves on the tree, moving with the wind. We can not see the wind, but we see the results. It is the same with our spiritual growth. We do not see the changes taking place in our faith and trust in God growing. Sadly we cannot see when we are sliding back, either. This is why we must talk to God daily. Asking Him to teach us daily and guide us back into His path when our steps are wandering off the path.

It is easy to be influenced by the world. What the world sees as living as a good person is different then living a righteous life. We can allow the world to influence us in making excuses for our bad behavior. Even a killer can find someone who is worse then him, so comparing ourselves to people in the world is a mistake. Our goal is to be like Jesus and not better then someone else. To be more like Jesus, requires us to walk close to Jesus. To know Him better, we need to spend more time in His Word.

The more time we spend working to know God better, the less we will be influenced by false Preachers and Teachers. If we know God well, we will recognize a counterfeit, when we see one. Remember the devil makes these people pleasing to the eyes and they often speak quietly and with kindness. These people are more dangerous than a cobra. Their teaching can cause you to lose your spiritual way and can cause you to backslide. If you know the truth of the Gospel well, you will,recognize false Gospel. Let us stay sharp and prepared for the devil is fighting hard to defeat God’s children. We do not have to fall by the wayside. Stay prayed up and seek to know God better every day.
Betty

Are you looking for your little diamonds of joy, every day? Look for the simple things that make you smile and put a jump to your steps.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2018

Rest in the Lord

There are times that we are overwhelmed by our circumstances. We go through a trial that drains us physically, emotionally and even spiritually.
The next day we will find ourselves as weak as a kitten and often even trying to pick up the pieces that shattered in our hands. What do we do? Do we quit? It is easy to wonder if God even saw what we went through.

First of all rest your body. Spiritual and emotional stress takes a toll on the body. Rest your emotions. Take a walk if you can or just sit outside and enjoy nature. Even if it is just watching ants wander around and listening to the birds.
Let your emotions heal in the simple things like a birds singing. Rest spiritually. This is not the time to take on a challenging Bible Study. This is time to go back to the basics of the Gospel. Fill your soul with verses that remind us of God’s love for us.

As we rest in the Lord, talk to Him. Telling how you are feeling. Lay out your concerns and be honest with God. If your hurt at God, talk to Him about it. Lay out the confusion you feel at His feet. Sometimes just lying on your bed and talking to God about your concerns will release tensions that overwhelm all of your senses. Remind yourself that the you survived the battle. Yes you have battle wounds but God is still in the healing business.

It may take days or even weeks before you feel strong again, but take each day walking with Jesus. As doubts come to your mind and the devil is happy to provide them, talk to God about them. Release your fears and doubts into His hands. Working our way ,with God, after a mighty storm will help us grow spiritually. This storm was not for nothing and with God’s help it will bring spiritual growth. Trust God to see us through to a new day. Keep your hope in Him.
Betty

I pray that God will fill your hearts with His love and His peace.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 17, 2018

Today, I went to get my prescriptions the Doctor ordered after my procedure, yesterday. One I had to leave at the store. It was $1,000 and my insurance did not pay anything on it. It is frustrating to pay for insurance and not be able to get the medication that could make you well. I was frustrated at the makers of the medication and my insurance company. I went to the car only to have my husband complain about me taking too long In the store. It does seem life is not happy to hit just once but to try to knock you down sometimes.

Do we ever feel frustrated with God? Do we feel that He isn’t hearing our prayers? Maybe it seems that He doesn’t see our pain. Truth is our feelings can mislead us. God does care about us. When I came home, there was a large bluejay at the feeder. Even in my current mood, I felt blessed by God to see the bird. The devil takes day to day problems and tries to get us to blame God for our situation. We all have problems but as God’s children we can go to Him and seek comfort.

When days like this come, let us remember our source of comfort and joy. Let us go to Jesus. We can lay our frustrations, our confusions, and our pain at His feet. We can tell things to God that we dare not share with anyone else. Today, let us pray for one another. We must not give up this close to going home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Up early to go the hospital for a procedure. I must admit not knowing what the results will be makes me apprehensive. I have had people say that will pray that nothing is wrong. I am not praying that. I am praying that they can find the problem so it can be fixed. I have been hurting every day for a year as soon as I start walking around in the morning. I admit I am tired of that.

Just as knowing the truth about our physical health is important so is knowing the truth about our spiritual health is important. How many times do we make the mistake of blaming our parents for our own sins? Yes, I have a temper but so did my mom or dad? Yes, I don’t say I am sorry when I hurt someone, neither did my parents? Some of us have been making excuses for sins for over 50 years or more.

When are we going to acknowledge that it is our sin and not our parents? Excusing our sins and sweeping them under the rug is not the answer to having a healthy spiritual life. We have to step us to the plate and admit our sins and bow our heads in submission to God and seek forgiveness. Then ask Him to help us every day to stop repeating that sin every day. Just as I talked about yesterday when we lose our temper, make crude comments, or insult others, say a silent prayer for forgives from God. Then seeking forgives from those we have harm.

Let us make the decision to leave pride behind. Acknowledge our sins and seek help from God and other Christians friends.
Betty

Awake before the birds this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday.

Two Kinds of Healing

Everyone who suffers chronic and incurable illness and disease, wants healing. To get up one day and not have pain slap you across the face, sounds wonderful. Yet there is another healing that is more important than the physical healing and that is the spiritual healing.

You might think because you have been saved for many years, that you are okay spiritually, but when we truly seek God to search our heart, He will lay open nasty attitudes and other things that make us want to hide in shame. This not why God reveals these to us. He wants us to confess our sins and ask Him to guide us away from these sins. Often these are sins of habit. Just like I would like to wake up without pain, we want to wake up with that sin behind us. It does not work like that. Sins of habit take week, months, and even years to break away from.

The biggest thing is when you find your self back in the habit, is not to give up. If you give up the devil wins. I am not saying this sin will send you to hell. If you are like me, you ask Jesus every day to forgive your sins. Do we really want to face God in Heaven still bound by this sinful habit? How sad it would be hear him say that if we had just kept fighting with God’s help, we would have defeated this habit.

By the way I am not talking about smoking. I am talking of bad attitudes, fits of temper, cursing and other sins that creep into our lives like little snakes. Their bite is poison. It’s poison doesn’t kill immediately. It eats at our spirit, destroys our testimony and causes our faith in God to weaken.

Have you ever talked to someone who had symptoms of a disease but refuse to
go, to the Doctor because they did not want to hear? We laugh but their decision could kill them. It is so much more dangerous to hide from out sin. Be brave like David and ask God to search your heart. Let us be willing to work through our salvation with the pain that comes with knowing the truth about our spiritual health, now while we can still changes our ways with the help of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 139:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Betty

I heard a bird singing and my spirit took joy in its song.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14, 2018

Have you ever just taking the time to sit and look out the window at the trees, plants and birds. Nature is going about her business, like clockwork. God doesn’t need to remind the tree to grow leafs. Flowers bud and open without a reminder. Human beings on the other hand, need reminders, even with spiritual matters.

We get busy and we forget to read The Bible. We can even forget to pray. Life at times becomes overwhelming and our stress levels rise and lower with what is going on around us. Sadly the more hectic things become in our lives, the less likely we are to pray and seek God’s help.

Try to take time every day to enjoy nature and be reminded that God, no matter what we are going through, God has not forsaken us. Just sitting here my mind wondered off on other things. This happens to all of us. This doesn’t mean we do not love and appreciate God enough. It means we are human and with human frailties. God knows our weakness and He wants to help us. Are we willing to listen?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13, 2018

Heavenly Father

Know my humanity
See my frailties
Touch my pain
Feel my weaknesses
Save my sinful heart
Love me with an everlasting love
Never forsake or abandon me
Teach me, Your Ways, God of Heaven and earth
When I walk through the waters of death, hold my hand
Welcome me into Heaven to be with You, throughout eternity
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 12, 2018

Wildflowers, trees and plants, are totally depending on God for their needs.
While a flower may make itself grow towards the sun, it cannot move itself to better ground. Nor can it relocate itself when the area it is in goes through a storm or drought.

Truth is sometimes God allows a spiritual drought to come to us, to remind us that we need to spend more time in prayer and Bible Study. We may go through a storm to remind us we can depend on God. Unfortunately, we have a tendency to run from God instead of to His arms. How often do we seek our non Christians advice instead of our fellow believers? Could it be we are afraid they may correct us in love and we do not want to hear it?

Do not shut your eyes and block your ears to God’s Truth. Correction from God, though painful for a time, is less painful then standing before God in Heaven with unrepentant sin. God forbid that we are endanger of having our lamp put out by God.

Revelation 2:4-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent. 6 But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’

Let us return to God completely, leaving behind our wandering ways. Putting our complete trust in God, our Father.
Betty

Still enjoying the birds and squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 11, 2018
Good Afternoon Blessed Sunday,

Thankfulness

Psalm 140:13 Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

People today are not as appreciative and thankful as they should be. Unfortunately, this attitude can be picked up by us, Christians. Not only we not always appreciative of what others do for us, but often we take the goodness of Our Heavenly Father, for granted.

The Bible has many reminders in it, to remind us to be grateful and thankful children.

Psalm 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

A good habit to have is beginning and ending our prayers with thanksgiving and praise to our Heavenly Father. Of course we need to adjust our attitude to be thankful and appreciative of the many wonderful things God has done for us, especially salvation. We do not want to offer words that are just empty words with no heart sentiments behind them. Our salvation was purchased with the precious blood of Jesus. How could we offer up praise and thankfulness to God, with just words with no thought behind them?

Let us come to God always with a grateful and thankful heart. Pray that we can treat others with kindness and gentleness.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 10,2018
Good Evening and Happy Saturday,

Romans 12:2 King James Version (KJV)2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

There are so many voices we hear today, other people, TV, Radio, Books etc. if we are not careful we can allow voices who speak the opposite of God’s Truth, to influence us. These voices can make us question what God says. These days more then in the past, we need to make sure that we know God’s Truth, very well.
The devil’s lies often contain just enough truth to make us consider what he says. We must pray that we will recognize the devil’s lies as what they are; lies.

The best thing we can do is be in a Bible believing Church where the truth of the Gospel is preached. If we are not able to go to Church, pray that God will direct you to a trust worthy Pastor on TV or online. My favorite Pastor always told us, check out everything I say against the Bible. He wanted us to have the habit of verifying what we read or heart with the Holy Bible.

May God richly bless you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 9, 2018

The Plans of God

Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It is impossible for us to completely understand the plans of God. We make plans for today and even work on plans for the far future. If we lived to be ninety or more it is nothing like God who sees time like a ring, no beginning and no end. Our minds do not fathom that. It is impossible to grasp.

For this reason, we often wonder why God says no to our desires. Why were we not able to buy a new car? Why did we not get the house that we liked so much? Why did God move me from my job I liked to another job. It is in faith that we realize that we must trust God, without knowing the reason in this lifetime.

Yes, there are times that it is hard to trust God. Sometimes His plans for us even taste bitter in our mouths, but if we keep our faith in Him and trust Him, even when we do not understand. We will be rewarded in this life and in Heaven.

When God takes us through the waters, through the floods and through the fire, hang on to His hand. Keep your trust planted in Him. He will protect you. You may even feel like your spirit was singed by the fire, but when the trial is over God will take away the pain. He will wash you and you will be cleaned indeed.
Betty
Yesterday, blessed by several squirrels and a variety of birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 8, 2018

TEST THE SPIRITS

1 John 4:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God;
because many false prophets have gone out into the world

Every thought that enters our minds is not from God. We are to test the thoughts against
the Bible. If the thought does not line up with the Bible, kick it out of our minds. Be
prepared, to do this, because some thoughts from the devil, are pleasing to the ears. Yet if
we take advice from the devil, he will lead us into sin. The devil takes pleasure in causing
Christians to sin.
The devil also uses thoughts to get us off the right path in spiritual matters. How
many politians have conviced themselves that abortion is wrong so they can get votes? When
someone tells us something is not a sin, test it against the Bible. If the Bible says it is
a sin, it is a sin. At the end of our days it will be God that judges and not people.
People can lead us wrong. God will NEVER do that.
Be blessed my friend. Keep your ears and heart open to hear the Lord Jesus talk to you.
Study the Bible so you know what God calls a sin. Keep watching for the retun of Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement