Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Be Very Careful II (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Be Very Careful II
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I didn't gain that spiritual understanding and stronger walk with God through legalists' type teachings. It came from God's Spirit.

Could you please explain to me what types of teaching you refer to as legalist? It seems that the "legalist" label and the "fundamentalist" label go hand in hand for many.

I've seen you mention Christian fundamentalism in what appeared to be a negative manner. To me, this is a world view. It is what we see in the media and from politicians on a regular basis.

A true born again Christian who believes in the fundamentals of the bible with no additional man-made rules or traditions, is indeed a fundamentalist. This is a good. It's what we all should be. It is the world who has turned the definition upside down and given it a bad name.

From an earlier post by HFHS:

"Those of us who do take a stand are called misguided zealots, fanatics and even fundamentalists, like being a fundamentalist is a bad thing. I often wonder if people who use the word fundamentalist for negative connotations even realize the great honor they are bestowing upon the Christians they are labeling. Every single person of God in the Bible and early Christian martyrs and saints, including the Apostles held fundamental beliefs. A fundamentalist believes the Scripture is God-inspired and the true Word of God and are doers of The Word of God. Even before the Scripture in the form as we know it today, there was the Torah. And before the Torah, there were the actual tablets of the Ten Commandments, given to Moses directly from God, Himself. It was The Word of God that brought forth the creation of the world. The Word of God is ageless."

If you haven't read this post, you really should. It's titled "Perverting the Gospel of Christ", posted in "Exposing" on March 23.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace

I sincerely hope you do not leave. Your insights and posts are making for a better balance.

I agree with you on your stands and feel that you have fought the good fight for dividing the Word of truth.

Please keep in touch with me if you do leave.

Strongholds are falling in my life like dominoes this week. I didn't gain that spiritual understanding and stronger walk with God through legalists' type teachings. It came from God's Spirit.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace,

I think it would be a shame if you left this BBS. I'm not going to beg you to stay, as you should do whatever you feel the Lord is leading you to do. But, I do think you have much valued contributions at times. Perhaps you may want to consider just avoiding certain areas of the board and not just leave all together.

God bless.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace: Obviously my words are falling on deaf ears, and I feel led to spend another season away from the 'Exposing False Teaching Forum.'

I have proven on different occasions that lies have been printed about some of these preachers.
Be careful not to buy into these lies. Is the devil deceiving you?

This material is being printed in massive numbers on this Board. Are people really using careful discretion when they press these buttons willy-nilly? This could be a very dangerous practise.

Proverbs 19:5
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free.

Many will be happy to know that I have decided to leave BBS. It has been said that I will not admit I am wrong. If one is passionate about defending The Truth, naturally they are not going print something that they believe is a lie. Does that mean that others are printing stuff that they are ready to admit is the untruth? I don't think so. [Cross]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement