Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Compaq Center (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Compaq Center
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JAVA writes
quote:
And the fact that J-O did not protest in its {the magazine's} distribution is a sure sign of his arrogance.
No, I think that Joel Osteen is willing to use any means, even a "tongue-in-cheek" cover in which he is at least shown to be holding a Bible, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ:

Romans 11:14
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them who are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Philippians 1:18
What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and therein I do rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making a mockery of the Lord Jesus Christ is detestable and to those who do, I will post pictures and anything that I wish to expose thier worldly ways. That magazine cover is hilarious and pathetic in the fact that J-O could be compared to the heavens and earth that our Lord created. And the fact that J-O did not protest in its distribution is a sure sign of his arrogance.

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh and here comes a ditch also.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is the one and only Judge and also the one and only one who can see into each person's heart and knows each and every person's heart. I'm sure it grieves God when He sees all the mocking words and mocking of others which is not the way a christian should do. Mockery is detestable and in very poor taste for anyone to resort to.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[pound] [pound] [pound] [pound] [pound] [pound] [pound]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
I have personally heard Joel Osteen many times issue the invitation to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and I've heard him many times have the congregation pray the sinner's prayer. He most assuredly is no moron either!
Calling him a moron shows such disrespect!

I am so glad that Osteen uses the sinners prayer because I wouldn't know what to do if he didn't.

--------------------

andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...sorry 'bout that.

hey im going to be gone untill the 19th. take care.

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andyman,

Your very unkind remarks and mocking ways are so uncalled for and also you do not know all there is to know about Joel Osteen or any of the people who attend his church. God knows knows Joel's heart and the hearts of each and every person who goes to his church - no human being, including you, has that capability so please do not degrade them. In your doing so what does that say about you!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!!! You must not like me at all Gramajo. [Razz] haha whatever... i was gone for a few days, but sorry, i just couldnt resist!!!

If your just going to go at me like that, fine then thats your call, you deserve to be embarrassed. [Wink]

quote:
I have personally heard Joel Osteen many times issue the invitation to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and I've heard him many times have the congregation pray the sinner's prayer. He most assuredly is no moron either!

Do you even have your glasses on? A) I clearly wrote oxymoron, not moron. Huge difference.

Definition of "Oxymoron"
Definition of "Moron"

B) Im not talking about that he gives alter calls. I am a frequent viewer (although not a supporter) so i know that he gives them. Thats good, but there is a such thing asTrue and False Conversions. That is a video summary of T&FC, and trust me, the Osteen ministry is filled with false converts. Listen, repentance literally means "to turn away from." And in order for someone to be saved, the knowledge of sin (meaning lawlessness, breaking Gods commandments) must be made known to the prospect for someone to be soundly saved. However, sin apparently does not exist in the Osteen theology which makes a person soundly saved highly doubtful. See where im going with this?

---
you know what.......Now that you mention it... Osteen indeed is a moron, perhaps because he never went to seminary and is a college drop-out but what in blue hell do i know? I guess as long as you have a nice or the right personality you can do whatever the **** you want... The whole Osteen ministry in its entirety is a huge disservise to the Christian community and is a huge disrespect to what i believe in. Face it, the cross and the atonement is now just a HUGE dollar sign.

whatever, its late and i got to go.

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Hi Betty,

Yes I totally agree with you that we should all pray for one another and pray for Joel too. After all we are all God's children and God loves us all! We have such an awesome God and He is such a source of comfort for us all of the time without which we'd be having a very difficult time coping in this world. I think of all the various gospel songs and I have so many favorites! The song How Great Thou Art is running through my mind tonight.

Betty, you are such a blessing to this board and thank you very much for you being here on this board!

You have a very blessed wonderful night and day tomorrow and I'll be seeing you on the board and looking forward to reading more of your postings!
God bless you and your husband!

Love,
Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, we can see alot of what is in someone's heart when they write books and lay out what they think for all to read. I believe Joel Osteen's books alone will contemn him as a Preacher who has sold out for money and numbers. I take no pleasure in this truth. It breaks my heart that a man with so much talent and such a great calling has allowed his greed to cause him to compromise his ministry.

I believe that he is one of the ones that Paul talks about that is tickling the ears of his followers instead of preaching the meat of the Gospel.

While we can listen and read his own words and see that he has fallen from his calling we should take no joy in this but pray for him.

GramaJo, As one from Houston, it breaks my heart because I would love to be able to say what a great Preacher from my home town, but sad to say, I only feel pity for him. I ask you, my friend, to pray for Joel. Pray that God will lead him once again to put God first and not be so concerned about money and numbers. May God bless you and Debbie. You both love God very much. You both, I am sure are concerned when the Gospel of our Lord Jesus water-down by Preachers. Let us all join together as Children of God and pray for Preachers and each other. I wish you both a blessed day tomorrow.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Soft Touch,

I didn't miss anything at all in your posting but I do know unequivocally what the Holy Spirit tells me and that is you are wrong about Joel Osteen and yes God is the only one who sees into Joel's heart and God is the judge of everyone whether you accept that fact or not it's true.
As far as your link I've heard all about it and what it's all about and I wouldn't go near it with a 100 ft. pole. This is all I have to say to you but you need to remember that whatever way you judge others God will judge you and He means what He says!

A note to you, Because HeLives, I would never in my life to presume to think that I could know who goes to heaven or to satan's resident the way I've seen some others do. You don't presume to do so either. You should not presume either that you can see what is in anyone's heart. Only God can do that and that fact is true whether any one likes it or not. End of subject!

--------------------
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just in case you missed it...

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
How could a preacher (or anybody) lead another in the sinners prayer if they don't first explain what is means to be a sinner? How Grevious our Sin is to God and how desperately we need to repent and be forgiven?

Joel himself said in that interview with King that he doesn't use the words sin, or sinner...

Anyone can repeat the sinners prayer, but if they don't understand what it really means, and really mean those words themselves, in their hearts, then are they really repenting of their sins and recieving salvation?

Yes, it is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sin... but if someone hasn't been told what sin is, how can they be convicted of it?

Part of a Pastors job is to preach on Why we are seperated from God... what caused that seperation... how we daily (sometimes without even knowing it) continue that seperation... Then preach the Only Way to be SAVED from our Sinful nature - Through the Shed Blood of Jesus the Christ - Our Savior. If they don't explain the WHOLE Thing... they haven't preached the Gospel.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo320,

You or anyone else can not say with certainty whose name are written in the book of life, and you don't not know whose names may be blotted out at some point.

Yahweh and Yahweh alone know the names of the faithful.

It is the job of every minister and lay person of the word of Yahweh to encourage each other while it is still today, Today is the day of salvation, Yahweh is continually examining the hearts of men and women. Eternity's roll call is absolutely in His hands.

He has not made you are me judge over eternal matters, we can only judge what we see today based on the word of Yahweh.

If it don't look and talk like Yeshua, there should be a big question mark ?

My son-in-law is a veterinarian, he has two parrots that say just about anything you want to hear , but what does that prove,

Being born again is a completely new nature,

Out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speaks

If you still enjoy the things of the old nature, not much faith there

YESHUA SAID of the born again , THOSE THINGS I ONCE LOVE I NOW HATE

AND THE THINGS I ONCE HATED I NOW LOVE

As I yield to the new nature I find life

If I do not yield to the new nature I find death

Freewill , the new birth does not take it away

Learn the parable of the sower and understand it or perish into eternal death!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Soft Touch,

Joel Osteen certainly is a born again believer and whether you believe it or not does not matter at all. What matters is that God knows Joel Osteen's heart which is something that you cannot even begin to claim to know because you are a mere human being and you cannot see into his heart.

I NEVER said he wasn't a born-again believer, and I NEVER Judged his heart. Read my post again please. Thank You [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Soft Touch,

Joel Osteen certainly is a born again believer and whether you believe it or not does not matter at all. What matters is that God knows Joel Osteen's heart which is something that you cannot even begin to claim to know because you are a mere human being and you cannot see into his heart. Only God can do that! God will most assuredly give Joel his rewards in heaven whether you like it or not. That's the way it is and always will be. No human being on this earth can do God's job at all and one day you will come to realize that.

--------------------
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

How could a preacher (or anybody) lead another in the sinners prayer if they don't first explain what is means to be a sinner? How Grevious our Sin is to God and how desperately we need to repent and be forgiven?

Joel himself said in that interview with King that he doesn't use the words sin, or sinner...

Anyone can repeat the sinners prayer, but if they don't understand what it really means, and really mean those words themselves, in their hearts, then are they really repenting of their sins and recieving salvation?

Yes, it is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sin... but if someone hasn't been told what sin is, how can they be convicted of it?

Part of a Pastors job is to preach on Why we are seperated from God... what caused that seperation... how we daily (sometimes without even knowing it) continue that seperation... Then preach the Only Way to be SAVED from our Sinful nature - Through the Shed Blood of Jesus the Christ - Our Savior. If they don't explain the WHOLE Thing... they haven't preached the Gospel.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

--------------------
Gramajo320

andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

quote:
Originally posted by shadowmaker:
I hadnt noticed the cross not being there until I read it on his site. That in itself does make me wonder. He does use sin and sinner in his sinners prayer. But I dont recall a message about it.

Brad

Its such a paradox - a complete oxymoron. JOM is the most bizarre ministry ive ever seen.

oh,

quote:
I dont know anything about the "New Age" stuff either. Dont know what they teach.
clicky

--------------------

shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadnt noticed the cross not being there until I read it on his site. That in itself does make me wonder. He does use sin and sinner in his sinners prayer. But I dont recall a message about it.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shadowmaker,

If you do not have a problem with a preacher who says that he does not use the term sin or sinner because it is offensive to people and finds it not important to have a cross anywhere in his Church, you should be happy with Joel Osteen. I do have a problem with these things so I do not watch him.

I suggest that you do not let me sway you but you pray God's will. Let the Holy Spirit guide you in this.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Shadowmaker,

Amen to your posting and I am in agreement with you. God bless!

--------------------
Gramajo320

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a minimum, Joel Osteen serves as a catalyst which often is all that is needed. Each individual in his congregation is impacted by the gospel message in his/her own way--many of them no doubt going on to become in-depth Christians who will receive rewards, while many remain more nominal Christians who will not receive any rewards but they themselves will be saved.

I think it is impossible for us to judge from where we sit how the gospel is impacting each individual. As such, Joel Osteen serves as a catalyst to get each individual started.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have his book but havent read it yet. I dont know anything about the "new Age" stuff either. Dont know what they teach. I m been watching Lakewood Church since the late 90s, just having a hard time with this post. Maybe God showed it to me for a reason.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

shadowmaker,

If it was just the Larry King show I would agree. But his book sounds like new age. Picture something in your mind and God will give it to you. This does not sound like God's Word to me.
betty

--------------------

shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

This post has really bothered me bc I watch Joel rather often. I m very cautious about who I watch and I read the Bible verus hes preaching about myself. I cant think of once that any verus has been twisted or misquoted.

He never begs for money, he doesnt sell a "special water" or oil. To me, I dont find anything wrong with him.

Everybody keeps bringing up the Larry king thing, even our pastor mentioned it. But anybody who has watched LK, knows he hammers them, the pressure alone would be bad enough without him slamming you with questions. Even Joel admitted later, he messed up.

Sorry, I dont find anything "evil" or "uneasy" about him.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grandmajo

quote:
BecauseHeLives, your posting should be addressed to everyone.

I am address your comments

in other post I am talking to BA, or Linda or someone else, I speak directly to them

in other post I speak in general to the whole board

in the scriptures sometimes the word is speaking to an individual, other times the word is talking to a crowd or a Nation

no offence intended to you personally,

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Texas Grandma,

I truly do understand what you are saying.

God uses all of us in different ways and He has His reasons for doing so and we do not always know what His reasons are. We only know that we are to obey and to do what He has called for each of us to do in furthering His Kingdom.

I totally agree with your statement saying "The best thing that we as christians can do is to test the preaching we listen to with the bible." "Let the bible be the ruler." That truly is the very best way and the only way.

You have a very blessed rest of the night and God bless you and yours.

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

GramaJo,

You are right; we all need to be warned. I myself, have to be watchful, because who knows what new preacher could be coming on the air in the future, that has charm but takes the Gospel and twists into half-truths and lies.
That is why we "heresy seekers" have spoken so strongly about this subject. It is not a criticism to anyone who has been a fan of these preachers. Many of them I used to a faithful viewer of myself. One of the first Christian books I ever owned was a book written by Benny Hinn. My sister that died gave it to me in 1991, when our Aunt died. I feel that some have been offended because they think, because we speak against Preachers who preach heresy, that we are being critical of those who watch them. This has never been our intention. Our intention is to warn people to be careful who you listen to. To be warned that just because a person has Rev in front of their name does not mean he or she is speaking for God. The best thing any of us as a Christians can do is to test the preaching we listen to, with the Bible. Let the Bible be the ruler. We are not out to personally attack anyone on this board. If a Preacher lines up with the Word of God that is wonderful, but if he doesn't he is a false prophet. If the Preacher does not line up to the Word of God, then the Bible is the true heresy seeker. We who point out the truth are not the bad guy.
When all of us can see that the Word of God is what is important, not how charismatic the speaker is, not how big a crowd who can bring to a meeting, nor how popular he is. It doesn't even matter how many charities a minister supports if he is not preaching the truth. There are worldly charities that do great things to day. When a Preacher has left the truth to raise more money, he is no better than a world charity. There should be a difference in a Preacher and the world charities.

betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

BecauseHeLives, your posting should be addressed to everyone.

--------------------
Gramajo320

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

grandmajo,

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. (KJV)

this scripture demandes I judge the works of other,

Yes Yahweh is the final judge and His judgment can not be changes, but Yahweh has still call us to judge in spiritual matters pertaining to life.

Are we Saved By Faith Only?
The doctrine is commonly taught in the world that a person is saved the very moment he believes in Jesus Christ, that he is saved without any further acts of obedience. The New Testament book called James has much to say on the subject of faith and works. For example: "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone" James 2: 17.

Misunderstood possibly as much as any other part of the Bible doctrine is the essentiality of good works to salvation. People confuse the good works of the gospel which the Bible clearly defines as essential, with the works of the law of Moses, or the meritorious works of men in an effort to earn salvation.

The Bible does not teach that people are saved by works of the Old Testament law of Moses, for we read in Romans Chapter 3, verse 20, that "by the deeds of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight". From Colossians Chapter 2, verse 14, we learn that the law of Moses was nailed to the cross of Christ and is no longer bound upon anyone. We know that the only hope for salvation for lost humanity today is through the gospel of Christ. We do not propose to be saved by the works of the law, but through the works of faith and the labor of love in obedience to Christ.

While the Bible says: "By the deeds of the law shall no flesh be justified", it also says in James Chapter 2, verse 24: "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified and not by faith only." 'These works then must not be the works of the law, but are the works of faith revealed in the gospel of Christ. The law of Moses is dead and its works mean nothing today, but the works of the gospel mean much.

A person is saved by the blood of Christ, through the grace of God. He is not saved by faith alone, but through obedience to the commandments of Christ. Jesus became "the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" Hebrews 5: 9. This does not mean that the obedient soul earns, merits, or deserves salvation, but that he qualifies for the mercy and the grace of the Lord, who according to his mercy saves us "by the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Ghost" Titus 3: 5.

The Bible makes it clear in that same passage that while we are being saved through the washing of regeneration (or baptism) and the renewing of the Holy Ghost that it is not by works done in righteousness which we have done ourselves. But if we do not submit ourselves to the righteousness of God in obedience to his word, we cannot be saved.

There are many Bible passages that show the essentiality of faith, that we are saved by faith, justified by it, and so on. Every one of these passages is to be believed and accepted. But there is one similar thing about all these passages on faith, not one single passage ever says we are saved by faith only. There are not such passages in the Bible.

Here is a great point to remember: Never in any age or dispensation in human history has God saved man by faith alone. God has always required faith and obedience. No other formula for salvation has ever worked. None ever will. Jesus said: "'He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved" Mark 16: 16. It is faith plus obedience. This is the embodiment of the principle under which God has always worked in saving man. It is utter folly to expect him to make an exception to the rule now and save anyone by faith only and without obedience.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Texas Grandma,

Thank you very much for that means a whole lot to me. You have a very blessed evening, God keep you and yours safe, and God bless you in every way!

Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

God bless and keep you safe, gramajo.
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Texas Grandma,

Amen to your posting! I would most certainly get up and walk out also! God bless!

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

If our Pastor invited Farrakkan to speak at our Church I would walk out the door as soon as he stood up to speak. There should be no evil speakers, speaking from the pulpit in God's house.
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Andyman,

No I'm most assuredly not blinded whatsoever. You do not know me at all and your assumptions are so far off base! Don't you know not to make assumptions without knowing any true facts! Furthermore you are not qualified to judge me or anyone else either as you should well know. God knows my heart and everyone else's heart and that's a true fact that you cannot dispute. God is our judge so please try to remember that from now on.

By the way I definitely do have a lot of discernment so do not attempt to tell me that I don't.
My discernment, a gift from God, is in great working order. Long ago God gave me another great gift - one which I've never spoken of to any one except to my own family. Also you should definitely know that if you don't like what I post then just don't read it. No one asked you to read it.

--------------------
Gramajo320

andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Grandmago,

I will stay with the few,Jesus said few will enter eternal life

the many (multitudes)are following those that teach the same gospel as Joel Olsteen, easy believism and compromise

You may be to blind to see, but listen to Jesus's words

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (KJV)

you want find the multitudes rushing to hear the message of repentance

you will find them going to hear about health, wealth, and live like you want, sin is no problem, Jesus expects nothing from you, no cross, no Lordship. This is the gospel of Joel Olsteen, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Myres, Benny Hinn and the whole name it claim it, Word of Faith, Trinity Broadcast crowd

You may not be able to know rotten fruit when you see it but I can, and they are and Joel is at the top of the rotten fruit list

His own word condemn him, it sad you can't see that

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320
God knows what is in everyone's heart for He sees into everyone's heart. You cannot do that, BecauseHeLives, for you are not qualified to do so. That's just the way it is!

Terrible rebuttal Gramajo320.

Lets say this, is it ok for Farrakkan to speak at our black churches? Hes apart of the black islamic movement but has spoken behind many Christian pulpits regarding civil rights movements. He greets the congregation by saying something along the lines of, "Greetings in the name of Allah, The Beneficent, the Merciful" while going off into his rhetoric and islamic propaganda.

The Biblical truth disqualifies minister Farrakkan or any other non-Christian being eligible to speak in the place of any gospel preacher, regardless of topic (1 Jn. 4:1-15 and Sura 5:56). The pulpit of the Church is a holy and sacred place eternal, absolute truth is articulated to humankind and should not be used to promote personal ideas and philosophy or any sort of political propaganda. The pulpit is where Christ speaks alone, and there is no room for those who speak foreign doctrines.

It doesnt matter if its Farrakkan, Neitcheze, or Osteen - listen, no matter how articulate a speakers message may be, the truth of the message is subject to the assertions of Jesus Christ. Which where - Mr. Osteen is a self-help guru, neglecting the cross and sin, and will gladly tell you how to manage your bank account instead. Which makes him along the lines of a heretic instead of a true minister of the Gospel.

If you still cant see it, your truely blinded by the megachurch thing and the popularity while having extremely little or no forms of discernment. Being kind is no substitute for qualifications.

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
My husband and I came across his show last night and I just HAD to watch to see what this guy was all about. It turned out to be their first broadcast from their "Mega-Church" and it was just unbelievable. Ian and I sat there looking at eachother with our jaws dropped as scripture was quoted out of context or totally twisted. He kept mentioning the name Jesus, but we didn't hear one word of the Gospel. We turned it off after 15 minutes. It seemed like we were watching some guy glorifying himself and his accomplishments and then claiming his "Gene" (god) had done this for them. I thought of Joyce Meyers when he said "Look what god has done" (that's on a sign outside of Meyers vast complex she calls home).

The saddest part of this is that there are So Many folks who think this guy is "God's Annointed." They'll defend him (and others like him) with everything they've got and never once listen to all the real Scripture that's quoted to them trying to show them the TRUTH - GOD's Truth. It's frustrating sometimes, but were were told that it would be this way. God have Mercy!

SoftTouch,

I'm so glad you got to experience this first hand. Unbelievable, isn't it? Did they all hold their bibles over their heads and repeat his opening mantra together? I wonder if any of them ever actually open their bibles.

"Ian and I sat there looking at each other with our jaws dropped as scripture was quoted out of context or totally twisted. He kept mentioning the name Jesus, but we didn't hear one word of the Gospel."

Yep. So you got the full on treatment then!

Now that you've witnessed it first hand, aren't you even more blown away that a professed bible believer could defend him? It is beyond my comprehension at this point. And some of his defenders actually think they are gifted with discernment.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

AMEN Softtouch--> [hug]

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 13 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never 'heard' Osteen before, but I'd sure read enough about him to understand that he's another Robert Schuller with all the "Positive Thought" stuff.

My husband and I came across his show last night and I just HAD to watch to see what this guy was all about. It turned out to be their first broadcast from their "Mega-Church" and it was just unbelievable. Ian and I sat there looking at eachother with our jaws dropped as scripture was quoted out of context or totally twisted. He kept mentioning the name Jesus, but we didn't hear one word of the Gospel. We turned it off after 15 minutes. It seemed like we were watching some guy glorifying himself and his accomplishments and then claiming his "Gene" (god) had done this for them. I thought of Joyce Meyers when he said "Look what god has done" (that's on a sign outside of Meyers vast complex she calls home).

The saddest part of this is that there are So Many folks who think this guy is "God's Annointed." They'll defend him (and others like him) with everything they've got and never once listen to all the real Scripture that's quoted to them trying to show them the TRUTH - GOD's Truth. It's frustrating sometimes, but were were told that it would be this way. God have Mercy!

--------------------

JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Grandmajo, I also told you that I have heard him speak on several occassions and that is why I think and feel thatway.

[dance]

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

God knows what is in everyone's heart for He sees into everyone's heart. You cannot do that, BecauseHeLives, for you are not qualified to do so. That's just the way it is!

--------------------
Gramajo320

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Grandmago,

I will stay with the few,Jesus said few will enter eternal life

the many (multitudes)are following those that teach the same gospel as Joel Olsteen, easy believism and compromise

You may be to blind to see, but listen to Jesus's words

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (KJV)

you want find the multitudes rushing to hear the message of repentance

you will find them going to hear about health, wealth, and live like you want, sin is no problem, Jesus expects nothing from you, no cross, no Lordship. This is the gospel of Joel Olsteen, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Myres, Benny Hinn and the whole name it claim it, Word of Faith, Trinity Broadcast crowd

You may not be able to know rotten fruit when you see it but I can, and they are and Joel is at the top of the rotten fruit list

His own word condemn him, it sad you can't see that

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremiah 17:
5: Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
6: For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
7: Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
8: For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
9: The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10: I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
11: As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Jeremiah 17:10 I the Lord test the mind and search the heart, to give to all according to their ways, according to the fruit of their doings.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

God does know Joel Osteen's heart and He knows everyone else's heart.

--------------------
Gramajo320

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Grandmajo

quote:
You cannot see into Joel Osteen's heart nor do you know what is in his heart. Only God knows that because only God is qualified to do that.
The scriptures tell us out of the abundance of the mouth the heart speaks.

OSTEEN: No. Here's my thing, Larry, is I can't judge somebody's heart. You know? Only God can look at somebody's heart, and so -- I don't know. To me, it's not my business to say, you know, this one is or this one isn't. I just say, here's what the Bible teaches and I'm going to put my faith in Christ. And I just I think it's wrong when you go around saying, you're saying you're not going, you're not going, you're not going, because it's not exactly my way. I'm just...

KING: But you believe your way.

OSTEEN: I believe my way. I believe my way with all my heart.

KING: But for someone who doesn't share it is wrong, isn't he?

OSTEEN: Well, yes. Well, I don't know if I look at it like that. I would present my way, but I'm just going to let God be the judge of that. I don't know. I don't know.

KING: So you make no judgment on anyone?

OSTEEN: No. But I...

KING: What about atheists?

OSTEEN: You know what, I'm going to let someone -- I'm going to let God be the judge of who goes to heaven and hell. I just -- again, I present the truth, and I say it every week. You know, I believe it's a relationship with Jesus. But you know what? I'm not going to go around telling everybody else if they don't want to believe that that's going to be their choice. God's got to look at your own heart. God's got to look at your heart, and only God knows that.

KING: You believe there's a place called heaven?

OSTEEN: I believe there is. Yes. You know, you've had a lot of the near-death experiences and things like that. Some of that is very, to me, not that you need that as proof, but it shows you these little kids seeing the angels and things like that.

Joel Olsteen is I believe sincere,it is just that he is sincerely wrong, you should not preach your opinion, you should not open your mouth if you are not 100% sure of what you are saying

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Java,

You cannot see into Joel Osteen's heart nor do you know what is in his heart. Only God knows that because only God is qualified to do that. You sound so biased. So far as Joel's picture would you want to be judged on how you look or how you appear in a picture? Do you believe that your picture would reveal the truth of what is in your heart? Perhaps you'd like to post your picture and let others comment on it.

Only God knows the truth about each and every one of His annoited ministers - all the speculations and all of the assertions will not change that fact.

--------------------
Gramajo320

JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Well I will definately NOT aplolgize, recant or change in any way shape or form what I said about J.O. He is making millions off the Gospel just like Benny Hinn did and I have watched him since my last post to make sure I still felt the same way, no doubt about it I think he is a crook. I felt that way about Jim baker when everybody said how annionted his ministry was and how nuts I was not to trust him.
I posted his pic and made those comments because that is how I feel. If you dont like it I am not sorry in any way shape or form. It is who I am and I love me.
Love you guys. [wave3]

[dance]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement