Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Compaq Center (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Compaq Center
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
andyman writes
quote:
Please make C.E. and P.D. come alive guys.
How about making B.C. and A.D. come alive? [thumbsup2]

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoo-Hoo!!!

helpforhomeschoolers!! Thank you so much for checking out Gospel For Asia!!! Thanks!! Please help out if you can, or tell someone about it! Be sure to check out Fire on the Altar as well! [Big Grin]

hmmmm....heres the same story about the Compaq from a different source. Its very well done...

clicky

interesting enough...Just doing the math real quick - If one week of American television audience for JOM, each household donated about 50 cents, that would comepletly wipe off the church debt there as well as funding a years worth of television time. just thinking...

however, sadly though... Is how come no one ever checks out or posts anything under Christian Evangelism.. [Frown] [Frown]

Comon guys! "Exposing False Teaching" is important, and im glad to see its growth, but our ultimate mission is to win souls! Please make C.E. and P.D. come alive guys.

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

And the reason why joel osteen is boring is because he "waters down the gospel" (been there, done that, milky Christians, time for solid food for me). But there are still many babes in Christ (lazy as the dickens, many of them, would rather be bottle-fed with milk than **** their own milk from their own Word of God).

But that folksy, milky contents is no longer for me; it bores me now; I need to hurry; I don't have time for that.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
joel osteen is boring. That's all I need to know.

I think so too.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

joel osteen is boring. That's all I need to know.
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem bygrace [Smile]
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I wasn't speaking of you.

I really didn't pay attention to the comment about Joel.

I was just stating in general terms- that many things have been said that have hurt people.

I wasn't referring to you about that. [Smile]

I was just making a general comment...it is so difficult to convey emotions on this computer.

tones and body language change the meaning.

I wish that could be reflected better.

I was apologizing to you for being gruff, and speaking too quickly without hearing your reasons.

I am not angry. Or being snide, promise. [Smile]

bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say a picture is worth a thousand words I tought these pictures were worth a thousand words:

You know that the glee on this multitude of faces is not because they are looking to see Jesus or HIS kingdom because the scripture says HIS kingdom is within and does not come with observation - so what are they gleefully looking for? What their meny has built? But Jesus builds tabernacles that dont require paint and carpet.

-

I loved this one too. Reminds me of this scripture: Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

-

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

-

Mr. Osteen seems quite pleased with his accomplishments.....

-

But are they God's accomplishments? Do you think he is pleased?

-

-

-

Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bygrace:
yes you are right Hisgrace there is a respectful way.
We all have our fleshly moments, but we must repent and die to it.
I wonder about the ones who never try to make things right.
Sorry again, bygrace

I don't know if that snide comment was meant for me, but the only thing that may be up for question is the remark I made concerning Joel Osteen.

I am asking for forgiveness if I am wrong, but I thought posting his picture and making snide personal remarks about him was in very poor taste.

Once again we have to start afresh [hug]

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes you are right Hisgrace there is a respectful way.

I have not at all tamed my flesh completly, and this is sometimes showing.

I do wish that everyone saw this though.

There have been some pretty snide remarks flying as of late but with no apologies.

We all have our fleshly moments, but we must repent and die to it.

I wonder about the ones who never try to make things right.

Sorry again, bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
You are correct Hisgrace- you may indeed post your opinion...
I deleted my post- however I would like to say- that those who hold opposite view than yours aren't to post that in Bible study. (or this is my understanding of it)

This is absolutely not true. I have different doctrinal views than some of my best friends and that has been reflected in our posts. There is a respectful way of doing this.

All is forgiven bygrace. [hug]

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

You are correct Hisgrace- you may indeed post your opinion...
I deleted my post- however I would like to say- that those who hold opposite view than yours aren't to post that in Bible study. (or this is my understanding of it)

so I didn't get that.
You have in the past talked of becoming upset over these posts, so why then continue to go into where they are now that they are separate?

sorry for the forwardness Hisgrace of the past post,
bygrace

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Hisgrace,
Please help me to understand better...I do know that you hold a different view than those expressed here in this section, I know that is does upset you greatly, and that is one reason there is a whole separate room now for this. Why then do you come in here? I don't get it!

Whoa - I thought these forums were for everyone. We aren't stamped-out clones of each other with just one view.

I only gave one little sentence of opinion, which I am entitled to, quoted a scripture, and in all fairness to Joel Osteen, who isn't here to defend himself, reminded everyone of part his public request for forgiveness.

Since it has been made clear that I am not welcome in this thread, I will graciously leave never to enter again.

God is LOVE

HisGrace
unregistered

The Lord is coming soon and I take this as a sign that this is part of the revival as prophesied for the last days.

Acts 2:17-18 In the last days, God says,will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

Let me refresh your memory on what Joel Osteen's basic beliefs are.

"It was never my desire or intention to leave any doubt as to what I believe and Whom I serve. I believe with all my heart that it is only through Christ that we have hope in eternal life. I regret and sincerely apologize that I was unclear on the very thing in which I have dedicated my life.

Jesus declared in John 14; I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. I believe that Jesus Christ alone is the only way to salvation. However, it wasn’t until I had the opportunity to review the transcript of the interview that I realize I had not clearly stated that having a personal relationship with Jesus is the only way to heaven. It’s about the individual’s choice to follow Him."

God is LOVE [Cross]

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by JAVA:
This is the pastor of Lakewood church, take a good look. I mean really look at him.

Everybody keeps trying to tell us that they are judging the message, not the person. hhmmmm.
 -

JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 11 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see your thread before I posted hardcore but yes I do feel that way there is much sorroe that goes with many gifts of the spirit.i was refering to the Gospel being preached to the ends of the Earth, therefore an increase in the faith. I was rattled also, trying post while in a state of almost shock. I really felt something BAD when I saw this guy before now... well I should have paid attention to that feeling. [Frown]

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
This is the pastor of Lakewood church, take a good look. I mean really look at him.

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAVA:
God has given me an acute level of discernment, too much at times [Frown] but I have seen this guy Joel speak and just looking at him I feel as if something is wrong. I may be wrong but something that big, though it says in the scriptures that many will come to the Lord in the end of days, seems...well, it sure does'nt seem good to me.

Then again it is just my opinion.
Look at the pics and pray.

[dance]

I understand. Don't you feel like this sometimes? - Ecc 1:18 For in much wisdom [is] much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Can you point me to the scripture(s) you're referencing here?

"...though it says in the scriptures that many will come to the Lord in the end of days..."

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God has given me an acute level of discernment, too much at times [Frown] but I have seen this guy Joel speak and just looking at him I feel as if something is wrong. I may be wrong but something that big, though it says in the scriptures that many will come to the Lord in the end of days, seems...well, it sure does'nt seem good to me.

Then again it is just my opinion.
Look at the pics and pray.

[dance]

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

I can't even comment right now. I think this Spurgeon quote speaks best:

"That very church which the world likes best is sure to be that which God abhors." .... Charles Haddon Spurgeon, July 1859.

andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres a report from joelosteen.com
http://www.lakewood.cc/site/News2?news_iv_ctrl=-1&page=NewsArticle&id=5327&AddInterest=1161

quote:

-

July 16th and 17th - Lakewood Church Central Campus Grand Opening Weekend
Record Crowds Attend the Opening
On July 16th and 17th, more than 57,000 people attended the inaugural services at Lakewood Church Central. The services were broadcast live to over 80 million homes across America and 100 nations around the world on both the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) and Daystar Television Network.

An Extraordinary Endeavor
Because of God's hand of blessing and a heroic effort by everyone involved in the project, remodeling of the former Compaq Center took only 18 months. It was a mammoth undertaking, one of the largest in the 100-year history of the Tellepsen Company.

Here are some of the fun facts about our new facility:

The Central Campus has a total of 606,050 square feet, and it takes more than one million cubic feet of air conditioning per minute to cool it.
More than 500,000 square feet of carpet was installed
The total amount of paint used on the project would fill five Olympic-sized swimming pools.
On an average day, 183,800 cars and trucks pass by Lakewood Church Central.
We are proud that our new home isa Houstonlandmark. AsPastor Joel said, "It says a lot about the caliber of our citizens that one of the premier facilities in the city of Houston is a house of worship."

A Remarkable Journey, 1959-2005
Our new worship facility is the latest step in a remarkable journey that began almost 50 years ago. Because of God's blessings, the church that began in a feed store in 1959 is now the largest Christian church in America.

We are the inheritors of an extraordinary legacy of faith. As we carry the torch that has been passed to us into the 21st century, we move forward with the knowledge that we are people of destiny. We believe that God has great and mighty things in store for us, and we are excited about what the future holds.

Thank you for your faithful prayers and continued support that has made this vision a reality. Together, we will reach people that no one else can reach and we will make a difference in this generation like no other church in history.

heres some pics i found....
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement