Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » A picture is worth a thousand words... Bush vs Kerry (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: A picture is worth a thousand words... Bush vs Kerry
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet people don't seem to get that this current President is only for the rich and big business. It is easy to tell someone like me that's doctor bill won't be covered by goverment programs becase we make 2 dollars a year to much, to just suffer in pain. The clinic wants 80 dollars just for an office vist. I went one time before finding out that I don't qualify and now I don't get the medciation I am suppose to take every day. President Bush has no idea how real people live. A vote for Bush is a vote for big busniness and rich people. Only CEO's benift from out job sourcing. Next time you have to call for tech support for anything you will ge someone is over seas, barely speaks english. Yet there are millions here in America who could do that job and are without work. A vote for President Bush is taking the food off American's table. People say "How can you live with yourself and vote for Kerry?" Well my reply is how can you see hungry children who's parents jobs were outsourced to forgein countries and live with yourself?

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A vote for the democratic party is not a vote for the desitute and down trodden.

A vote that is for a party that is for the things that God is against is not ever a vote for the desitute and down trodden.

Someone said it exactly right when they said that people will vote for their own agendas...

Some of us feel that HIS agenda is our agenda.

David you hit the nail on the head when you said that folks who will vote for their own well being in the pocket book above the moral things that God has delared right will answer in the judgement.

I do not make any apologies for sounding harsh. And if you think I vote repbulican because I think it will solve abortion you are very sadly mistaken. I personally feel that the whole approah to the abortion issue is way off base and that THE ONLY WAY to solve the abortion issue is one mother at a time to bring them to CHRIST! CHIRST IS THE ONLY Answer for stopping abortion. But I will be damned before I will knowingly vote for people who promote it.

The problem is simple... do you trust the government to provide for you and solve life's problems or do you trust GOD. My faith is not now and never has been in the government... it is now and always will be in God. If HE choses that I suffer in this life so be it. If he choses that I suffer not so be it. I will live each day giving thanks whether I live in a box on the street or under a roof. I will praise him when it hurts to get up in the morning and when I cannot get up in the morning and when I get up in the morning without pain.

I thank God know that there will always be poor and always be suffering and always be the desitute and downtrodden until HE comes again, and I may well be one of them. But, I will never never never vote for someone who votes in cosistient opposition to the things that God hates or opposes. I also thank God that I understnad that if I do not vote at all, when I have been given the right by HIM to vote, that in my not voting for HIM, then I DO by neglect and poor stewardship of that which he has given me VOTE, but I vote for the enemy!

If some cannot see that, then that is OK, by me because my conscience is clear as they will have to answer for their actions and they have been warned and they have been shown the truth. The blood both figuratively and literally is on their hands.

But woe to any who can not see that we are as nation going in exactly the same way as the 10 tribes went... and we will likely reap the same wrath of God that they reaped. God has blessed this nation abundantly for more than 200 years, but he has done so because of the faithful...as this nation continues to seek the good of the individual self apart from God and over the will God, and continues to try and eradicate even the mention of his name in the halls of its institutions, and at every turn lusts for the things of this world and the things that are aboration to God, the day is coming that he will turn his face from us and he will allow the enmy to shake us and he will give this nation exactly what it so foolishly lusts for and when the light is gone out of her and the voice of the bride and the bridegroom is heard no more, then he will bring upon her destruction and desolation and the fire of his anger and wrath.

I have no doubt about it. You think that this election is not important, it is important. But not because it may mean that there will be more money for welfare programs and not because there will be less money for defense programs and not because of war in Iraq and not because of buyig drugs from Canada.... but because it is one more day that God has given us the opportunity to say and to chose whom we will serve...

One day his patience and longsuffering will end and he will allow us to serve that which we have chosen.

Mark my words, I offer no apology for them.

And one last thing... if the church were doing its job, Texasgrandma... or no other grandma would be without the medications they need. Grandma... email me your information on the perscription you need and could not fill. I will help you fill it and it will be a pleaseure and a joyous blessing to do so. God has given us the power to get wealth BUT FOR HIS purpose folks wake up!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericbusby
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You want this man for President????
Please wake up!!
If you don't vote the bible, then you are not doing your Christian duty!

Well I do not know if I am voting the Bible or not. But I will try and explain why I am voting for Kerry's party.

I'm between jobs at the moment. The company I use to work for is one of those that downsized and sent the work over seas. Fortunate I am getting unemployment insurance and my wife's incomes is able to keep our heads above water.

So for the most part I am not worried. We're getting by.

But that's not why I am voting for the Democrats. In between my time looking for work I have been volunteering my time at soup kitchens, food banks and homeless shelters. It's there I have discovered that a lot of the programs that were set up to help people in times of need have been cut drastically under this current administration.

I've meet some people with some very horrid story they could tell. Two days ago I meet a very young girl. !7 years old who is already mother. Turns out her father had.. Well fathered her child as well. I think you get the picture

Good news is he has gone to prison. Bad news is she and her child are out on the streets because there is no money to fund any of the programs that use to help people like her. She has no one to support her and no job skills.

I was devastated when I heard her tale. And the sad thing is.... Her story is not alone. There are hundreds of them. Maybe thousands.

Under our current government a lot of programs to help people have been cut or wiped out altogether. And it's horrible to see what it is doing to people.

That's why I am voting for the Democrats. I am voting to help the downtrodden and the destitute. Perhaps in my own way I am voting for the Bible as well. I like to think if Christ where here today he would be doing what he could to help people.

Oh well that's my two cents worth.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

AMEN Israel -

And, although "Gone On Record" means little these days, I think we are passing judgement when we speak of His Wife and what SHE said according to somebody....

Who ELSE, EVER, IN History, has GONE ON RECORD to STOP Gay Marriage?

Who in recent elections, has GONE ON RECORD to prevent it? Who?

Oh sure, A LONG TIME ago, when presidents STILL STOOD for God, but now it is ALMOST impossible to find ANY politician who WILL go ON RECORD as being Christian, and siding with Pastors and taking a massive stand to STOP gay marriage, and get ones already in place annulled.

Apparently, to some of you that is less important than .............???????What????????

What is it Kerry does? Promote Gay Marriage? Promote Abortion and Pro Choice? Of course there is more... But then, we as Christians are to stand behind those whom God has promoted and placed in leadership over us -

Let's see, If I recall, that is Bush!

So a wise choice would be to pray AND support HIM, since he IS already there and, because Kerry has SO BLATENTLY stood for values that are purely not Christian.

I cannot understand how ANYONE could promote such a value as Gay Marrriage - Vote For Kerry, Vote for Gays, among many other things...

Did HE take a stand against them? No, did he vow to help them, and go after THIER vote? Yes -

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the best advice. Pray that the right person gets the job.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericbusby
unregistered

*shrugs shoulder*

The way I look at it. Vote as you feel right and leave it at that.

Politics can be very.... complex. I've found its better to avoid them around the supper table.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Republicans are for taxing the middle class and giving tax breaks to the rich. Republicans have always been for the rich. Kerry claims he is for the middle class, if he wins, we will see if he keeps his will.

To be blunt; I think they all want to tax the Middle class. Democrats just want to tax the middle class more than the Repubicans. [Smile]
Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that God gave every human being free will and free choice, but whoever votes for Kerry should remember these verses: Proverbs 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood. Romans 1: 18-25
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousnes,
1:19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
1:21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
1:22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
1:23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible
God into an image made like corruptible man-and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
1:24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies amoung themselves.
1:25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen
1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
1:27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

These verses explain themselves, You have only one choice: SERVE GOD OR SERVE SELF We as Christians have a duty to, serve God, it is apparent that Kerry does not serve God, therefore I want no part of him, my vote goes to President Bush! Is he perfect, by no means!! but he does proclaim that Jesus as his Saviour and that he talks to the Father before making any deciion that has a great effect on America. Come on Christians vote for what is right, the Word of God, anyone who reads the Bible should know these things!! Tell me where in the Bible that it says that God supports abortion!! where God supports homosexuals or gay marriages!! Tell me, you can't find them!! Any christian who supports Kerry, better take another look at God's word, for the wrath of God will fall, if Kerry gets in. Look at it, we are in the end times, God's wrath will fall, this country was founded on God, why would you want to take God out of America.

All I'm saying is that we better vote for the man who supports God, because remember God put George W. Bush in office, and we better Thank Our Father right now that we have a man in office who isn't afraid to call Jesus his Saviour and God his Heavenly Father.

I know I will have stepped on some toes, but the truth is a two-edged sword!!!!

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Republicans are for taxing the middle class and giving tax breaks to the rich. Republicans have always been for the rich. Kerry claims he is for the middle class, if he wins, we will see if he keeps his will.

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
And you think Bush is not concerned with his own pocketbook?

The whole reason people even vote republican anymore is because the party feeds them this line that they are "the moral party" this is not true. The Republican party is more about tax cuts for the rich, and welfare for the corporations. Do you really believe they care about abortion? Do you really believe they care about gay marriage? This is not on their list of priorities. Abortion and gay marriage weren't even mentioned in Busch's acceptance speech at the RNC. You'd think if he cared he would have at least mentioned either of them.

You can read his acceptance speech here. You have to realize that republicans tout family values only because it will bring in votes for the party. Dick Cheney's wife is even pro-homosexual marriage. Cheney's own daughtr is gay. This would lead me to believe that the republican party is not the party most of you should be voting for.

I know you are responding to another poster.

I did hear Pres. Bush's acceptance speech. I thought it was his best one. [Smile]

I do get so tired of hearing the accusation that Rep. "are for tax cuts for the rich and welfare for corporations".

Democrats are for taxing the middle income people and taxing the rich so they can't offer more jobs, and putting mega laws in place so that corporations can't afford to give their employees good benefits, or payraises.

I can tell you the Balanced Budget act affecting healthcare has added so much "red tape", that is one reason health care is so expensive. Healthcare providers had to hire an army of non-medical people to oversee the paperwork of doctors and nurses and therapists.
There's more clerks looking at the doctor's script he wrote for one's medical treatment and clerks who sent the Doctor reams of paperwork to do to authorize one stomach ulcer medicine over the generic. It's insane!

That's Democrats. Spend on the social programs and make jobs for people who don't have schooling to oversee the people who do have an education.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I really believe that this election is a matter of how our country will become. The spiritual aspect can not be ignored if one is Born Again.

Bottom line folks, earnest prayers should go up in a very positive, loving and non-judgmental way when asking for discernment in making this very important decision for your country.

I Tim. 2:1-2 I urge you, first of all, to pray for ALL peoples. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them and give thinks. Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior.

Please pray with an open heart. We want to be pleasing to God in every area of our lives.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
I understand where you are coming from but remember a vote for President Bush is a vote for a Vice President whose wife has gone on record saying that homosexuals should be allowed to marry.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.
I've heard that VP Cheney's daughter is an admitted Lesbian. I'm sure this has a bearing on Mrs. Cheney's statement. (not to excuse it) I don't like it either. Anyway Mrs Cheney wouldn't be in place to be President, and so far Dick Cheney follows the President's lead.

We can only vote to the best of our consciences.

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, when you vote for an incumbent president, you must keep in mind that you are also voting for his cabinate.

Liberals are starting to become disenchanted with Democrats and conservatives doing the same with Republicans. I think our parties will change... but not as long as we keep voting for them. That's the idea which is supposed to make a democracy work.

Vote for whoever you want texasgrandma. above i suggested three (conservative) alternative parties from the usual democrats and republicans. Although they may not win, grassroots goes a long way. Plus you feel better that you voted for a party that agrees with your views. I voted for Ralph Nader in the last election, and even though he lost, i'm not upset because I voted the way i saw fit to vote.

However, last election was not as important as this election, so i don't know who i'm voting for. Right now i'm between voting for Kerry or a third party. Don't forget we've got until november 14th to make our decision.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Whenever Congress is not in session, the President has the authority to fill empty post. President Clinton took advantage of this twice.
President Bush did not.

Texas Grandma,

Here's a link that shows what battles Pres. Bush is going through. He did appoint a judge(not even a supreme) while Congress was in recess, and Teddy(Chappaquiddick) Kennedy calls "foul".

http://www.aclj.org/news/pressreleases/040729_pryor_aclj_judicial.asp

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand where you are coming from but remember a vote for President Bush is a vote for a Vice President whose wife has gone on record saying that homosexuals should be allowed to marry.

--------------------

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
When you vote for a President because it will help you and your pocket book over the right moral things. You will answer to God on judgement.

But I know that most people who call them self Christian are not. And money rules their heart.

You will know who is a Christian by the way they act and things they do. If it is for self, then that pretty much states the fact.

And you think Bush is not concerned with his own pocketbook?

The whole reason people even vote republican anymore is because the party feeds them this line that they are "the moral party" this is not true. The Republican party is more about tax cuts for the rich, and welfare for the corporations. Do you really believe they care about abortion? Do you really believe they care about gay marriage? This is not on their list of priorities. Abortion and gay marriage weren't even mentioned in Busch's acceptance speech at the RNC. You'd think if he cared he would have at least mentioned either of them.

You can read his acceptance speech here. You have to realize that republicans tout family values only because it will bring in votes for the party. Dick Cheney's wife is even pro-homosexual marriage. Cheney's own daughtr is gay. This would lead me to believe that the republican party is not the party most of you should be voting for.

It seems like most of us would be better off supporting the Prohibition Party.

What about the Constitution Party?

We've even got the American Party to champion christian/conservative beliefs.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

I really believe that this election is a matter of how our country will become. The spiritual aspect can not be ignored if one is Born Again.

Our country was already split in two thoughts as evidenced by the close election and the continued conflict about that even now. Many still say Bush "stole" the election. I guess they don't understand about the Electoral College system.
It's always been known that the winner may be the one without the majority of individual votes, as Gore did have the greater number of votes, but not the Electoral votes.

The ones who dislike the outcome should work to change the Electoral College System, and make it a law to go with the popular vote alone. No.. instead I've never heard of any group trying to change the system. Most just want to say Bush's election is illegal.

I think Florida should have gotten it's act together in voting by now, but after 3 hurricaines I'm not very optimistic about that. [Frown]

One can vote for a man who will treat the Iraq war veterans the same way he treated the Viet Nam war vets. He's not flip flopping, he's a peace loving hippie. That's Kerry.

Or

Vote for a man who believes Freedom has to be fought for. Believes marriage should be kept between a man and a women. Believes unborn babies need to be protected by law.

Vote for a man who does believe in Christ Jesus, or a man who believes in the United Nations.

I don't agree with everything the President has said or done. I personally wish he'd use more force in Iraq and get the troops off the ground. I think he did a gutsy thing to go into Iraq.

I wish he'd secure our borders better.

As far as Health Care goes... Both Hilary and Bill started out with this promise to the American people to have better affordable care and they had 8 years...The only thing I see that they did was to allow the Insurance Companies to call the shots, and overrride the doctors medical decisions. Now we have INsurance Companies with multi-billion dollar CEO's.

Now we have the government telling us how to live "healthy".

It will take more than 4 years to overcome this.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Whenever Congress is not in session, the President has the authority to fill empty post. President Clinton took advantage of this twice.
President Bush did not.

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Texas Grandma,

As to why Pres. Bush didn't appoint someone when Congress was out of session. I think the reason is obvious. I'm not sure he can; for one thing, and and I'm not sure Clinton did while he was in office. As there is a whole procedure for this process.

Did Clinton make executive orders to get his judges appointed?

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 19 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you vote for a President because it will help you and your pocket book over the right moral things. You will answer to God on judgement.

But I know that most people who call them self Christian are not. And money rules their heart.

You will know who is a Christian by the way they act and things they do. If it is for self, then that pretty much states the fact.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
[QB] I think that when we vote for a person for President because we think they can rid of abortion, we are making a mistake. The President has limited power in that area. My husband brought up something interesting. During President Clinton's term he appointed 2 people for the Supreme Court during the time that Congress was out so that he could put who he wanted. President Bush had several times in his term that he could have done the same but he did not.{/Quote]

Texas Grandma,

President Bush HAS tried very hard to get Supreme Court and other open Judgeships filled with Pro-life Christian people and the Senate which screens these candidates has rejected his people!

The Liberal Senate including Teddy(Chappaquidick)Kennedy, Joe Biden, Arlen Specter, and Gloira Feinstein among a few have stalled any appointments Bush has tried to make. They have even turned down a Hispanic American because he wasn't "Hispanic enough" their words.

In reality they are stalling anyone who will interpret to Constitition to make Abortion limited and mostly illegal.

Pres. Bush has tried many times!

He got the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban passed, and now we see it chipped away by liberal judges going against a Law passed by the Congress of the United States.

The American Center for Law and Justice is a good resource for political family-oriented and moral issues. It's on the Web, and has some eye-opening information. Much of this type of news never gets printed by the networks.

Pres Bush banned any new embryonic stem cell lines to be created, in Sept. of 2001, just before 9-11 occurred. He is so hated by the world, for taking a stand against this so called medical research. He is hated by Planned Parenthood, that makes money on selling aborted fetus's and hated by many others with Big money.

He is hated for being a Christian. If he hadn't taken stands on this issue the world would have loved him.

Even President Clinton took a stand on marriage as he (I couldn't believe it) signed the 1st Defense of Marriage bill when he was president.

Funny he didn't get much bad press about that. But on the other hand Clinton overturned the Congress 2 times with a veto when they passed the Partial-Birth abortion bans 2 times during his presidency.

I think that's why all the so-called women's groups like the National Org of Women never seemed outraged by his "sexual harrassment" issues.

By the way; Sexual harrassment in the workplace has nothing to do with the harressed person saying they are willing. It's about a person of greater power(President) using his influence and office to have sexual advances toward a more lowly postioned person.

If Clinton had been the CEO of any other Amercian company he would have been charged with Sexual Harrassment and fired.

Any way I had to let you know your husband is wrong about Pres Bush not putting people into the Judial system.

It's a jungle. [Smile]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I think that when we vote for a person for President because we think they can rid of abortion, we are making a mistake. The President has limited power in that area. My husband brought up something interesting. During President Clinton's term he appointed 2 people for the Supreme Court during the time that Congress was out so that he could put who he wanted. President Bush had several times in his term that he could have done the same but he did not. I think that a lot of republicans would be surprised at how their candidates really feel about things. Did you know that the Vice-President’s wife has come out publicly about endorsing homosexual marriage? The Vice-President is only a heart beat away from being the President. So when you say I voting for an abortion and homosexual lover with Kerry, just consider that you don't really know what the President thinks. He is republican so of course he is going to say what republicans want to hear but you don't know what is in his heart. At this point Kerry says he is against gay marriage but Vice-President's wife says she is far it.
No matter whom you put in office only the Supreme Court can change the law on gay marriage and abortion. But, Kerry says he is going to do something about health care and job outsourcing. President Bush has had 4 years and he has destroyed our economy and put our men and women in a position to lose over 1,000. Many soldiers have come back saying that they could have won already, had they been given the proper battle gear. We are in a war just like Vietnam. A war our President is not really wanting to put the fire power in to win. We have the most weapons on earth. If we went over there and fought the war with the fire power we have, the war would have been over a long time ago and 500 soldiers would still be alive. President Bush proved he cannot do the job. I AM going to vote and give Kerry a chance.

--------------------

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

quote:
This is why this country is as it is - Lack of understanding. Anyone who could consider Kerry is obviously uninformed, period. When it comes to abortion, gay marriage, on and on - The choice should be clear. Kerry has not stood against these things and for a Christian it should be a no brainer -
Ok, I think that statement is a little childish and uninformed. There is really no reason to say that anyone who would consider Kerry is uninformed because there are a lot of people who are well informed who would vote for kerry. The same even goes for Bush. Evreyone has their own agenda, and each person is going to vote for the person who fits their personal agenda.

Second, a lot of Bush supporters like to bring up the point that John Kerry changes his mind a lot. So what? I want a president who can change his mind. And this is an area where George W. Bush needs to work on: changind his mind. The man can't even admit to having made mistakes. The current administration instead of taking any blame, points it's finger at their own agencies instead of at themselves... in a matters involving war and peace. I find that higly immoral.

Throughout U.S. history, important decisions have come about because presidents changed their minds. In his first political statement, Abraham Lincoln said, "Upon the subjects of which I have treated, I have spoken as I thought. So soon as I discover my opinions to be erroneous, I shall be ready to renounce them."

And don't forget G.W.'s tasteless WMD jokes.

Here our soldiers are fighting, dying, suffering out in the desert... and their commander in chief has the balls to insult them by joking about it at an event? I call that insensitive.

Education is a very important issue to me, and Bush's No Child Left Behind is the worst thing to have happenned to our education system. If a school is doing bad, and children don't score as high on their standardized tests, the school is punished, rather than helped by the federal government. This is harmful concidering most of the schools that score bad are in poorer districts where they usually can't afford new books and are still using books from the 80s or earlier. Under Bush, education for many is screwed. the secratery of education even advocated soft drink contracts in schools.

I vote not just for or against a man, but his administration as well. The only person I have some respect for in the Bush administration is Colin Powell. Other than that, Bush's whole administration is arrogant.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
I realize that the media(ex Dan Rather)is pushing Kerry like he's our savior but let's be smart about this.

Dan Rather And CBS really have egg on their face. Dan apologized for "a mistake in judgment" in broadcasting re documents concerning Bush's Vietnam-era service in the Texas National Gaurd. Retired national Guard officer Bill Buckett, a Democrat for John Kerry's campaign, admitted lying about obtaining the documents from another National Guard member. Apparently the documents were falsified.
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

quote:
Niedziejkore you didn't answer my first question. Can you? Are you afraid when you do answer it, there will be tons of quotes and voting records posted?

[Confused] I don't know... why don't you ask someone who supports Kerry? He does flip flop sometimes. Evreyone knows that... we can look at his voting records and see that.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Favor Minded
unregistered

Scriptureandprayers

Agreed -

My Bad -

I should have been more Christian like in my approach -

I was just defending David a bit and I found the comments to be rather negative -

I try to avoid the "Who Do You Think You Are?" comments and when I saw that about Kerry I was a little taken aback -

I for one need to keep my passions to myself in this regard -

Thanks for the reminder [Kiss]

I can be a little adament meself at times (I know, everybody is saying YEAH, like ALL the time [Smile]

FM

SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor Minded,

Although I really don't care for 4 more years of Bush, who, like his father, seems to have a very weak domestic policy, I agree with you that this election is a no-brainer. It's a pity. From my perspective, regardless of whatever good qualities Kerry may have, his position on abortion and gay marriage is completely unacceptable. Those alone disqualify him for me.

Changing the subject though, I think this topic is getting a little heated and unfriendly. Maybe we should all step back, take a breath, and rein in our passion a little bit. And then thank God for all our brothers and sisters that have posted on this thread.
[clap2]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

In Texas we voted to get rid of excessive lawsuits and it still do not help us. Doctors are covered, people like me are not.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore you didn't answer my first question. Can you? Are you afraid when you do answer it, there will be tons of quotes and voting records posted?

quote:
But as far as who would jesus vote for? I don't think he'd vote for anyone.
Maybe not, but can you in a right mind vote for a party that has beliefs like these:

quote:
The "Saint Clinton" products are being sold alongside another item to which some object – a baby bib with the message "I love abortion."
It's on your hands. Your vote, your conscience.

quote:
The way I see it if I vote for moral right, then people like me will suffer physcially from no health insurancde and no ablity to buy much needed meciation.
Betty, I sympathize with you. I currently do not have health insurance because I am a full time student and I'm ineligible for single coverage. However, do you really believe that if Kerry were to get elected there would be national health care coverage overnight? And if there was, do you really think we could afford it? A first step would be to get rid of these crazy lawsuits and toss out the money hungry lawyers while at it. If you try and impose cost controls on medication you will only put drug companies out of business. It can take 10 or more years to bring a new drug to market. If you make the drug business unprofitable, who do you think is going to research new drugs? Take away profit, take away new drugs. I wish this were a perfect world and drug companies would donate time and money to research new drugs but that isn't going to happen. Drug companies are in the business to MAKE money not LOSE money. I agree there are major problems with health care but to go national would be a disaster and probably put us in a depression. Lets start with getting rid of these rediculous lawsuits first then we can focus on other areas.

I pray for you Betty, I hope He will bring you comfort. I am afraid myself that I might get into a car wreck or something. But, I have to do the right decision in my own mind this November. My situation comes second, the country comes first. And right now the most important thing is our security. I can't vote for a guy who doesn't know what he stands for. Someone who jumps every time the wind blows is wrong for this country.

quote:
Solution- don't vote.

Betty, even if you do vote for Kerry, you do what YOU think is right. You have an obligation to vote for who you think is the right person to lead this country. If you think Kerry is the person to do it, then by all means vote for him. Your vote DOES count. It is our Christian responsibility to stand up for our beliefs.

God bless.

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The way I see it if I vote for moral right, then people like me will suffer physcially from no health insurancde and no ablity to buy much needed meciation. It is not easy to say, it doesn't matter, when at the moment it hurts to move, and four months ago when I was able to take my medication there was a big difference. Unfortunatly I only was able to get one month medication which did not give me much relief.

If I vote what will help me and my family, then alot of people are going to be mad at me.

Solution- don't vote.

--------------------

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Bush only uses spirituality as a vehicle for his campaign. I have had four years to find some redeeming quality and so far i have only found one:

He finally gave the Navajo code-talkers the honors they deserved.
Link.

But as far as who would jesus vote for? I don't think he'd vote for anyone. Quite an absurd question.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I struggled with that attitude a couple of years ago. I have a dear Christian friend who does not vote because he will not be a part of unwittingly electing someone that might do something against God.

I knowing a couple of things, really struggled with this. These are the couple of things...

1. that the disciples did not go about trying to make Rome follow Christian government, but that they sought to be light in the midst of the darkness

2. We are not citizens of this earth but citizens of heaven.

Then I began to really pray about this and here is what the Lord led me to...

I was born to exactly the parents that God ordained, at exactly the time that God ordained, in exactly the place that God ordained.

In this place and at this time, God has ordained that this country be governed by a representative democracy in which people who are 18 years old or older vote for who runs it.

Since that is the place and the time that HE elected that I live in and since he allowed me to live 18 years and beyond, and since the scriptures say that all governments are placed by God and to respect the authority of the government and give unto ceasar that which is ceasar's , I have a God given resposibility to vote.

If I being born her by God's ordination and reaching the voting age by God's ordination refuse to vote...then I by neglect allow the vote of those who are in opposition to God to prevail.

I must vote and I must vote in a way that is the very best I can vote that supports those things which God supports and opposes those things that God opposes...

Sometimes that means voting for the lessor of two evils.

But I must vote. If God did not will me to participate in this governemnt, he would have birthed me into a world and a country that had some other forn of governemnt, but he did not...he birthed me here and so I see that my obligation to him is to use that which he has given me (a right to vote) to serve him in the best way I can given the choices I have.

Doing nothing is a choice too; it still has bearing on the world we live in and on the unseen realm.

I will also say that who ever is elected, our job and our obligation to God does not end with the vote. We must pray for our leadership...even if it is a leadership we did not elect and do not like.

Above all we must remember that our faith is not to be in government or elected officials... it is to be in HIM alone.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may just not vote at all.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I am sorry that you saw that I was hard on people who suffer depression, I intended to be hard on the Pharmaceutical companies and also on the devil who would like to keep us all ill.

I suffered Clinical depression for 8 years before the Lord God delivered me from it. I know very well its torment. Ilived with it day and night and it cost me much materially and also physically and it cost my famil y much and almost cost me my life except God had different plans! I have also had the degenerative Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was a child. I do live in daily pain, but not so great that the Lord has not enabled me to bare. Praise HIM!

I just think that sometimes we tend to focus on the leaves of the tree at the cost of seeing the entire forest. We live in a world a war is going on between spiritual powers in an unseen realm and too often we focus on only what is going on in this realm and refuse to acknowledge that muchof what goes on in this realm is related to what is going on in the unseen one.

I think we have to try and see both realms. We look at an election and we vote over issues about jobs and imported medicines... but what we dont see is the greater larger issues that are going on in the heavenliies that affect the whole world. What we do and choose in this life has ramifications in the heavenlies and advances this war of the ages in one direction or the other daily.

Here is an example from the Bible. Do you think that the people of Babylon for example saw that they were defeated because Cyrus was more powerful and more cunning than Belshazzar? But is that why Babylon fell? No babylon fell because God ordained it and he ordained that Cyrus would be the one to overthrow them. Were the 10 tribes taken into captivity because of the greed of Nebuchadnezzar and his desire for more and more tribute and his cruel heart that separated families for the purpose of keeping them from revolting against him or were they taken into captivity because God wanted them to be taken into captivity because of their idolatry?

When Daniel prayed what kept the angel of God from bringing his answer of understanding? It was a struggle with another angel.

When we look at America and the priviledge that God has granted us to be able to vote for the people that will run this government should our vote be influenced by material things that God himself has told us not to worry about like what we shall eat and drink tomorrow or things like our ability to get wealth which is given to us by God himself, or even our need for medications? Does God not provide healing and when he does not provide healing does he not at the very least give us grace that is sufficient? Our dependence for the needs of life is not to be on the government, but on GOD. Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God and ALL these things shall be added unto you.

That tells me that in seeking who we vote for we must seek first the Kingdom...that means we must seek first those who would do that which God would have them do. Now, Bush is not perfect, but on some major issues what he would do is what god would have him do... not support abortion etc..

Are there things that Kerry would do that God might have him do? Probably...but there are major things that he would do that are abomination to God. So in seeking the Kingdom first...do I then vote for my own needs for medicine and jobs or do I see a bigger picture and vote against the killing of innocent babies and against the destruction of the only earthly institution that God has ordained to represent his relationship to the church..that being marriage and trust God to take care of my needs for medicine health shelter food and clothing?

For me the choice is very clear. It is so clear that voting any other way is for me unconscionable.

But alas God has alowed us to live in a representative democracy and so, by HIS grace, you are free to choose to vote anyway you like and you nor any other Christian has no apologies to make or any shame to bear for your choices before me or any other man. I

It is between you and God and we will all have to stand before the judgement seat of Christ and give answer for what we have done in this body be it good or bad, and so how ever you vote, whom ever you may vote for...vote in such a way that you can stand boldy before Christ and give answer for your vote.

That is what I will do and that is what we all must do...even those Christians who have been birthed in this country in this time and ordianed by God to be here during this representative democracy and yet who will not vote at all.

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one question for you Kerry supporters:

WHAT DOES HE STAND FOR?!

Can you give me an answer to that question that he HASN'T been on both sides of? Cmon guys! I mean really! President Bush IS NOT perfect, but at least he doesn't flip flop on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE! I just CANNOT fathom how ANYONE could vote for this guy! You mean to tell me you actually TRUST him?

Do you guys really think that if he is elected our economy will explode? Everyone will have free health care? We will have peace in the Middle East? He will take care of everything? Cmon guys!

We had a terrorist attack on our country that did major financial damage. Do you expect our economy just to bounce back like in the late 90's? The economic bubble was beginning to burst on Clinton's watch. I don't hear anyone complaining about him!

You know, what scares me the most is the thought of him actually winning. What will he do?! What does he stand for?! For all we know, he would immediately pull our troops out of the Middle East causing chaos. Sure he SAYS he's for adding more troops but he voted AGAINST SO MANY military bills! And he has been on both sides of these issues many times.

Look, I'm all for the Rapture but we still have to vote for the most Spiritual and trustworthy candidate that represents Christian beliefs. I realize that the media(ex Dan Rather)is pushing Kerry like he's our savior but let's be smart about this.

WWJVF?

P.S. I'm sorry for the anger but I just can't trust this man. I see him as a real threat to our country and the world. At the very least, he would be a detriment.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Unfortunately, it does influence my vote. But, then I am not able to take any of the medication that I need for arthritis because I have no insurance and hubby has had two strokes. President Bush did push the bill, he said so on T.V. I guess when you are in pain everyday and can’t get you medications, and then you have a tendency to be more upset
about it. He claimed he was concerned that the medicine was not the same but it was the same one that we have had here. It is greedy by the Pharmacy industry.

Please don’t be so hard on people who suffer from depression. It runs in my family. I don’t take medication because God has helped me but my sister died from depression. People have this disorder need our prayers and symphony and not our ridicule.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Yes, HIS GRACE... let us not forget Israel...support for Israel...that is another uncompromisable issue!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

You are never a pest to me TexasGrandma. But I do believe the bill passed the house with almost 2/3 of the house supporting it in spite of the Bush Administration's opposition.

I dont know how to say this because I know we see this differently, but truth is I too opposed that bill for the following reasons.

1. The reason those drugs are cheaper is because the goverment of Canada subsadizes the cost of the drugs. I dont think it right that the people of Canada pay the exhorbinant taxes they pay so that their government can subsadize drugs that are sold to people in the US.

2. I like the Bush Adminstration would have serious concerns over the probability that counterfiet drugs, or less effective drugs, or drugs that have not been properly handled and stored could make their way into the US.

3. Allowing the import of cheaper drugs from foriegn countries does not address the real issues with the Pharmaceutical companies... it merely puts a band-aide on the problem.

4. As sales of American made pharmaceutical products drop because of imported cheaper products a whole host of other issues arise.. lost jobs, closed plants, less sales= higher prices still on those drugs that are bought here etc... I could go on.

Still for me the issues are not these issues medicines, jobs etc. Frankly I think the Pharmaceuticle industry as a whole is the devil's work. I know there will be people that have a hard time with that, but lets look at the facts... I will use depression and the drugs used to treat depression as an example because this is something I know about...

The financial burden created by depression is staggering. The world spends 12.4 billion dollars annually on drugs and therapy to treat this disease which continues to grow in spite of the tremendous amount of money being thrown at it.

It is estimated that the 7 billion dollars spent world wide on anti-depressant drugs will increase 50% over the next five years.

For some pharmaceutical companies the sales of anti-depressants exceed the combined sales of entire categories of other drugs.

To me the pharmaceutical industry and the drugs it produces to combat depression are nothing more than a distraction that allows man to think he is effecting some positive effort to ward the solving of a problem that at it's heart is a apiritual problem.

This is not to say that the use of drugs for the medical treatment of illness and disease is evil.

But, one might question whose hand is behind the development of drugs that are largely unavailable to the world because of cost, and do relatively little to actually cure the disease.

Remember, the number of people afflicted by depression in America has been on the rise every year since 1915, and this disease is expected to become a world health concern surpassed only by coronary artery disease by the year 2020.

The 17 million American adults diagnosed with depression represent a little more than 5% of the 330 million world-wide who suffer from this disease, yet Americans spend 3.5 billion, or 50%, of 7 billion dollars spent annually on anti-depressants by the world population.

Can you see where this is going?

The huge business that the pharmaceutical industry has become is one that in many instances subverts the work and will of God and places healing and life and death in the hands of man and not God.

This is not to say that God has not given us plants for the purpose of medicine, but that man has once again used what God had given us to try and play God...and also to try and improve on that which God has created and ordained. Man has taken the good that GOd has given and perverted it for man's will and man has ignored the good sense that wisdom that God has also given in the scriptures and choses to live in a way that keeps him in bondage to sickness and disease.

This is not to say that we when we are sick are guilty of sin and that has caused our sickness... but that sin is in the world. The fact is that the pharmaceutical industry does little to glorify God as the great physician and in too many instances I think it keeps us in bondage with drugs that cause even more health issues and problems that we need another drug and still another to deal with the damage the second on caused and on and on.

So for me, drugs and healthcare do not influence my vote. A person's belief in Christ does and his stand on things that are uncompromisable does.... Issues like Abortion, embrionic stem cell research, gentic engineering, destruction of marriage, homosexuality etc..

HisGrace
unregistered

Maybe I will get shot down for sticking my nose into American politics, but how you vote will affect the whole world.

I have heard it said that this will be a spiritual election. George Bush, who apparently professes to be a born-again Christian, may not be perfect, but I don't know any perfect Christians. Bottom line of the two, if you had to make a choice, who do you think is more spiritually sound?

Do you really know how Kerry would be as president.? He made a vain attempt to play the Vietman card and that turned on him - now what does he have left? He has a reputation for flip flopping on his views.

The Bible says we should support Israel, God's chosen people, at all cost, or we are going to be judged, and Bush does support them to the best of his ability.

So many people are undecisive about how to vote, and say they don't care to vote. In the natural the whole "issues thing" could confuse the life out of a person.. If you are indecisive, get on your knees folks and really focus on the scriptures and not on Bush or Kerry.

You need some serious discernment on this election and get out and vote. Our nations need to be healed

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Not trying to be a pest, Linda. But it was President Bush himself that pushed that bill that outlaw buying drugs from Canada. He did that for one reason only and that he got money from drug companines. This month I had to cut my hubby's blood thinner in half and I heard of a woman who's heart medication was held up at the border because of what the President did.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 8 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Linda and Aaron. For some reason, I was thinking you meant is was in a book written by President Bush. Blushes from embarrassment.

--------------------

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
I believe they are from the Koran Grandma.

Perhaps Bush ha not read the Koran. Many Muslims believe this about the Islamic religion...that it is a religion of peace.

However if one reads the Koran one finds that those who are called extremist know better what the Koran teaches than those who claim that it is the etremeist and not true Islam that promotes terrorism.

Yes, from the Koran. One simply cannot cut Islam from its violent roots and history.

Aaron

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I believe they are from the Koran Grandma.

Perhaps Bush ha not read the Koran. Many Muslims believe this about the Islamic religion...that it is a religion of peace.

However if one reads the Koran one finds that those who are called extremist know better what the Koran teaches than those who claim that it is the etremeist and not true Islam that promotes terrorism.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

okay, i am slow today. Who said that?

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I dont see that Issues like heathcare and jobs are really presidential issues or issues that influence my vote. I for one do not see that it is the responsibility of the government to provide jobs or healthcare. I also do not see that it is the responsibility of the government to provide for those who do not have jobs or healthcare.

It is God not the US government that gives the power to get wealth and it is God that will provide for my material need. My family has not ever been without food nor shelter regardless of who has been in office. Yes my husband was out of work for more than a year during the Clinton years, but we still had food on our table and a roof over our heads and we hd that because our church family held us up and brought food and game for our freezer and kept the lights on and the mortgage paid. God provided for our need through the obedience of HIS saints.

But these things (adapted from the Focus on the Family Site)are important to me when I consider who I will vote for...

We believe that the ultimate purpose in living is to know and glorify God and to attain eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, beginning within our own families and then reaching out to a suffering humanity that does not know of His love and sacrifice.

We believe that the institution of marriage was intended by God to be a permanent, lifelong relationship between a man and a woman, regardless of trials, sickness, financial reverses or emotional stresses that may ensue.

We believe that children are a heritage from God and a blessing from His hand. We are therefore accountable to Him for raising, shaping and preparing them for a life of service to His Kingdom and to humanity.

We believe that human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions, including the unborn, the aged, the widowed, the mentally handicapped, the unattractive, the physically challenged and every other condition in which humanness is expressed from conception to the grave.

We believe that God has ordained three basic institutions — the church, the family and the government — for the benefit of all humankind. The family exists to propagate the race and to provide a safe and secure haven in which to nurture, teach and love the younger generation. The church exists to minister to individuals and families by sharing the love of God and the message of repentance and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ. The government exists to maintain cultural equilibrium and to provide a framework for social order and protect its citizens from outside military advances.

Thus, I cannot and will not knowingly vote for anyone who is in opposition to these beliefs or who will in his own scope of power and authority vote against or contrary to these basic beliefs.

That means I cannot as a responsible Christian knowingly vote for anyone who would support abortion, or homosexual marriage, or embryonic stem cell research, or the systematic removal of God the Almighty from the fabric of this country and its government, or the denial that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, Lamb of God crucified for our sins and risen the hope of our salvation.

Does this mean that the one I vote for will always do the righ thing? No. Men are human and subject to human error. God will deal with man and his moments of error. But if I vote for someone who is against the things that God is For, or for the things that God is against, then I vote against God, and I wil not knowingly do that.

Aaron
unregistered

"The terrorists practice a fringe form of Islamic extremism that has been rejected by Muslim scholars and the vast majority of Muslim clerics, a fringe movement that perverts the peaceful teachings of Islam."

"I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world: We respect your faith. It is practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah."

-George W. Bush; Sept. 20, 2001 Speech to Congress

Some other quotes:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith."

"Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you."

"Christians call Christ the Son of God ... God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary."

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

Two guesses: which book contains these quotes?

Aaron

P.S. Now, can someone show me the correct points in the President's quotes?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, David but bad things can happen to a President than we would be stuck with a high tempered the Vice President. At least Kerry went to Vietnam and did not use his family's money and influnence to keep him out of the war. I voted for President Bush once and I saw my family lose jobs and their homes and we are no longer able to go to Canada to get our much needed medication and are not restricted in what we can take can take. President Bush is only intrested in big business. As far as his new drug plan if he really had one, he would have done it 2 years ago, which would have sealed him winning this next term. It is too little too late for me.

--------------------

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

quote:
If you can read the below and still not know who to vote for, you need to read your bible more. Open your eyes!!!

Who do you think you are? Joeseph Goebbels?

What you just did was lambast Kerry and bring up every point why we shouldn't vote for him. Then, you neglect to show reasons why we shouldn't vote for Bush. Second, You forgot to give us reasons why we should vote for Kerry or Bush.

What you gave us was a one-sided, highly partisan list that doesn't help anyone decide wether or not to vote for one candidate or another.

Gee, that doesn't really open ones' eyes, now does it?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-negotiable Issues: Focus on the Family's Encouragement to Christian Voters

http://fishthe.net/downloads/votingnon-negotiables.pdf

Get you copy today!!!

Don't guess.

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The case against Kerry

According to the political grapevine, former President Clinton has suggested to Sen. John Kerry that he stop talking about Vietnam.

Good advice, perhaps – albeit a little late.

So what will Kerry talk about?

It better be the future, because there's not much in his political past worth bragging about.

This is a presidential candidate far outside the American political mainstream.

He's against the death penalty.

He's for unrestricted abortion on demand.

That's always an interesting juxtaposition. Pro-abortion activists like to suggest there is something inconsistent about an anti-abortion, pro-death penalty position. I never saw any contradiction in supporting life for the innocent and punishment for the guilty, but moral relativists make no distinction between innocent life and those who take innocent life.

But how does one argue for killing unborn children and saving those who have murdered – sometimes often? It will be interesting to hear Kerry's justification of that position if the press ever bothers to ask him.

Kerry is so extreme on abortion, he's against bans on partial-birth procedures and opposed to parental-notification laws.

In the U.S. Senate, Kerry has voted with Ted Kennedy 94 percent of the time. For 10 solid years – 2001, 1999, 1998, 1993, 1992, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986 and 1985 – they voted together 100 percent of the time. Kerry's overall rating from the Americans for Democratic Action is actually 5 points higher than Kennedy's.

As Massachusetts' lieutenant governor, Kerry supported Gov. Michael Dukakis prison furlough program. Does any one remember Willie Horton?

Kerry has opposed a balanced-budget amendment five times.

Kerry has consistently supported tax increases and opposed tax cuts.

He has a 26 percent lifetime rating from Citizens Against Government Waste.

Kerry has voted for at least seven major reductions in defense and military spending.

Kerry voted five times to raid the Social Security Trust Fund for non-Social Security spending.

Kerry was one of only 14 senators to vote against the Defense Of Marriage Act – a law signed by President Clinton.

Kerry wants to expand so-called "hate-crime legislation" to include gender, sexual orientation and disability as new victim classes.

He's for human cloning.

How's that for a record on which to run a successful presidential campaign?

No wonder Kerry wanted to talk about Vietnam. What else does he have to talk about?

When I heard Kerry tout his Vietnam War experience, I thought it was ludicrous. To me, it was like Jane Fonda running for president on her Vietnam War record. But let's face it – this guy doesn't have much in common with the electorate. He is out of step – far out of step – with the American people on virtually every issue under the sun.

So, maybe that's why John Kerry reported for duty at the Democratic convention. He was attempting to portray himself as a war hero in hopes Americans would never discover he is – and always has been – a radical socialist and moral relativist.

With a record like that, where does Kerry go now?

My prediction? He will not talk about his record. He can't. He cannot afford to defend himself any more. Instead, he will try to talk about his plans for the future. He will run away from his record – as fast and as hard as he can.

What else can he do?

What else can he say?

Where else can he run?

After all, this politician has spent his entire career in Massachusetts. And he's no longer running in Massachusetts. Now he's got to run in America.

If Americans understand his record, he's finished. He's buried. If they didn't like McGovern, Mondale and Dukakis, why would they like Kerry?

If all that isn't enough to persuade you Kerry is wrong for America, dangerous for America, I urge you to watch this 12-minute video on his foreign-policy flip-flops. After you view it, e-mail this column to every American voter you know.

http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/RNC082304.wmv

http://www.fishthe.net/christian_voters2.htm

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement