Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » National Day Of Prayer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: National Day Of Prayer
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Hey, thank you, WildB, the picture above your last post of the Bronze Star with the red ribbon and the blue stripe running down the center, but without the V for valor, that's the one I got, for "exceptionally meritorious service".

But admittedly, the bronze stars with the "V" for valor were and are "the real deal"; the US Army frankly issued "too many bronze stars without the "V" for valor" in the process the US Army "diluted" the "valor" worth of the bronze star.

To be sure, even a bronze star without the "V" for valor, but for "exceptionally meritorious service", are blessed to receive, but the bronze stars with the "V" for valor belongs to the "real" American heroes.

But, WildB, the bronze star without the "V" for valor pictured in your post above this last one, that's the decoration I got on the field of combat, signed by a two-star general on the field of combat, for "exceptionally meritorious service".

Admittedly, I was not a bornagain Christian at the time and I really did not deserve it but I did get it.

love, Eden

If you have it who signed it for the president?You can find the signature at the bottom of your citation that was given at the same time as the medal.

The Captain of the ship recommended mine but the recommendation had to be approved for the President by W. Graham Claytor, Jr.

-

Title 18 § 704 covers falsely claiming military medals (to include a section specifically for fraudulently claiming a Medal of Honor).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thank you, WildB, the picture above your last post of the Bronze Star with the red ribbon and the blue stripe running down the center, but without the V for valor, that's the one I got, for "exceptionally meritorious service".

But admittedly, the bronze stars with the "V" for valor were and are "the real deal"; the US Army frankly issued "too many bronze stars without the "V" for valor" in the process the US Army "diluted" the "valor" worth of the bronze star.

To be sure, even a bronze star without the "V" for valor, but for "exceptionally meritorious service", are blessed to receive, but the bronze stars with the "V" for valor belongs to the "real" American heroes.

But, WildB, the bronze star without the "V" for valor pictured in your post above this last one, that's the decoration I got on the field of combat, signed by a two-star general on the field of combat, for "exceptionally meritorious service".

Admittedly, I was not a bornagain Christian at the time and I really did not deserve it but I did get it.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:Originally posted by Eden:
WildB wrote to Eden

quote:Whats the dates on your DD214?

I don't want to divulge that information on a public forum because both I and one of my family members have said some harsh things about I*s*l*a*m and I don't want some fanatic targeting my family. The less they know the safer it is; they have long memories and use long revenge periods to carry out their revenge.

love, Eden

Then maybe you should re examine yourself to see if your still in the Faith.

2Cor.13

[5] Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Learn from this Brother in Christ.

Swedish Cartoonist to Muslims After Attack: Bring It On
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37105541/ns/world_news-europe/

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So John whats your take on Born Again(eden)s opinion concerning the national day of prayer?

I am fully confident that he is a liar concerning his claim of military service and being awarded a...
 -

--------------------
That is all.....

John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[crying] [Razz] [Confused] [Big Grin]

Test

The forum was out of kilter yesterday...

Apparently its back up and running.

Ahhhh technology... it's like the permanent capital one commercial with Vikings and everything...

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
I don't need to make false claims, post silly excuses, or fear men. I'm not afraid the Muslims will come after me or my family if I post my service dates.
You don't have to be afraid that the muslims will come after you or after your family because you have not spoken any harsh words about I*s*l*am on this Bible forum that would cause the muslims to come after you to kill you. I have , so I have to be more careful than you do. I'm actually very amazed that they have not killed Salman Rushdie yet.

Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and rend you.

But just "posting your in-service dates" on a Bible forum isn't going to make any muslims want to kill you.

Carol Swenson also wrote
quote:
I don't need to make false claims ...
This evil, unabashed statement is clearly aimed at Eden.

1 Peter 3:16
Having a good conscience, that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed who falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

But know this, Carol Swenson, that "with what judgment you judge, and with what measure you mete, the same shall be measured back to you":

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Neither is the Lord slack concerning His promises ...

(Repent!)

love, Eden

More tripe.

The only one you have to be afraid of is the US authorities for making FALSE claims of having medals.

Matt.7

[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

You can give a drunk $5 and he will quote scripture and confess Christ.

Please stop your sillyness.

Oh by the way my medal recommendation was approved for the President by W. Graham Claytor, Jr.

-

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make that two buckets full.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
I don't need to make false claims, post silly excuses, or fear men. I'm not afraid the Muslims will come after me or my family if I post my service dates.
You don't have to be afraid that the muslims will come after you or after your family because you have not spoken any harsh words about I*s*l*am on this Bible forum that would cause the muslims to come after you to kill you. I have , so I have to be more careful than you do. I'm actually very amazed that they have not killed Salman Rushdie yet.

Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and rend you.

But just "posting your in-service dates" on a Bible forum isn't going to make any muslims want to kill you.

Carol Swenson also wrote
quote:
I don't need to make false claims ...
This evil, unabashed statement is clearly aimed at Eden.

1 Peter 3:16
Having a good conscience, that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed who falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

But know this, Carol Swenson, that "with what judgment you judge, and with what measure you mete, the same shall be measured back to you":

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Neither is the Lord slack concerning His promises ...

(Repent!)

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My US Navy dates are 1979 - 1987.

That excuse sounds like a whole bucket full of hogwash.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since this is a public forum I can defend myself only to the extent that I have revealed. As for you asking me in a previous post to send the DD214 dates to you confidentially by way of a PM, after the way you have treated me on this forum I think it's better for me to guard my own confidentiality than to leave it up to you.
Let's move on with Christian subjects ...

love, Eden

-

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Since this is a public forum I can defend myself only to the extent that I have revealed. As for you asking me in a previous post to send the DD214 dates to you confidentially by way of a PM, after the way you have treated me on this forum I think it's better for me to guard my own confidentiality than to leave it up to you.
Let's move on with Christian subjects ...

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WildB wrote
quote:
Title 18 § 702 covers wearing of the uniform without authority in the context of impersonating a soldier and Title 18 § 704 covers falsely claiming military medals (to include a section specifically for fraudulently claiming a Medal of Honor).
I'm fully aware of Title 18's provisions. I'm not a fool. I'm a smart person, and now that I'm a bornagain Christian with the Spirit of God inside of me, I'm even smarter than I was before. Be nice.

love, Eden

The ACLU and the Rutherford Institute got involved with Strandlof’s defense, claiming First Amendment rights protect his freedom to speech and expression as the lie of his background doesn’t hurt anyone as in the clear and present danger application. The government has responded to the defense arguing the Stolen Valor Act of 2005 (pdf) does not trample First Amendment rights, indicating the case will move forward.

-

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote
quote:
Title 18 § 702 covers wearing of the uniform without authority in the context of impersonating a soldier and Title 18 § 704 covers falsely claiming military medals (to include a section specifically for fraudulently claiming a Medal of Honor).
I'm fully aware of Title 18's provisions. I'm not a fool. I'm a smart person, and now that I'm a bornagain Christian with the Spirit of God inside of me, I'm even smarter than I was before. Be nice.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 12 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi, WildB, this is all the information that I can give on a public forum. I even hesitated to mention that I received a bronze star because that narrows the search by fanatic Moslems a lot already.

As I have said previously, both I and one of my family members have said some harsh things about I*s*l*a*m on this bbs and I don't want my family to be targeted, and Jesus told me to be "wise as serpents" and "harmless as doves" when dealing with dangerous fanatics like the Moslems. So that's all I can tell you about my military career, that I was decorated with a bronze star (without the V for valor) and that it was signed by a two-star general in the combat zone. Have a good day. [Bible]

love, Eden

Bunk

Fellow [real] veterans that he worked with said, “It seems like his heart was in the right place. He was a really hard worker. He did a lot of good by raising a lot of awareness, but then you find out that he’s a fraud.”

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Hi, WildB, this is all the information that I can give on a public forum. I even hesitated to mention that I received a bronze star because that narrows the search by fanatic Moslems a lot already.

As I have said previously, both I and one of my family members have said some harsh things about I*s*l*a*m on this bbs and I don't want my family to be targeted, and Jesus told me to be "wise as serpents" and "harmless as doves" when dealing with dangerous fanatics like the Moslems. So that's all I can tell you about my military career, that I was decorated with a bronze star (without the V for valor) and that it was signed by a two-star general in the combat zone. Have a good day. [Bible]

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Fellow [real] veterans that he worked with said, “It seems like his heart was in the right place. He was a really hard worker. He did a lot of good by raising a lot of awareness, but then you find out that he’s a fraud.”

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB wrote
quote:
Who authorized the recommendation for the President?
That I don't know. It was signed in the combat zone by a two-star general. It was a bronze star (but withtout a V for valor which is a higher decoration than mine). But still worthy of respect.

love, Eden

Just go to your dd214. Im shur you will be able to find the info.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote
quote:
That I don't know. It was signed in the combat zone by a two-star general. It was a bronze star (but without a V for valor which is a higher decoration than mine). But mine is still worthy of respect, especially from a fellow bornagain Christian saved by the blood of Jesus and a fellow veteran like yourself.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A two-star general signed the recommendation.

"full speed ahead, 30 knots, no smoke!"

love, Eden

A name will be required for this Q.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote
quote:
Who signed the recommendation?
A two-star general signed the recommendation.

"full speed ahead, 30 knots, no smoke!"

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB wrote
quote:

I thought you said you were a combat vet?

I am a bornagain Christian saved by the blood of Jesus and I'm not just a combat veteran but a combat veteran decorated with a bronze star.

So please have a little more respect for me. As Christians we should be nicer to each other than people out there in the world, but sadly that is often not the case. Stand down ...

love, Eden

And for the baseball fans whats a bronze star given for? Full Speed ahead! 30 knots no smoke!

Who signed the recommendation?

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote
quote:

I am a bornagain Christian saved by the blood of Jesus and I'm not just a combat veteran but a combat veteran decorated with a bronze star.

So please have a little more respect for me. As Christians we should be nicer to each other than people out there in the world, but sadly that is often not the case. Stand down ...

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
What SHOULD have happened is that Franklin Graham should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Protestant Christian preacher.

Then next the Catholic Christians should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Catholic Christian preacher.

Then next the Moslems should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Moslem preacher.

Then next the Ba'hai should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Ba'hai preacher.

Then next the Buddhists should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Buddhist preacher.

Then next the Hindus should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Hindu preacher.

And so on and so on ... so this could become somewhat impractical and also a waste of the Pentagon's time and the taxpayor's money, since under the Constitution, EVERY religion in the USA has a right to do "its share" of preaching to the Pentagon.

However, the reality is that probably NOT ALL of the religions in the world (I've only named the most prominent ones) would want to pray at the Pentagon, so in this case, the Moslems simply should have asked to have THEIR TURN to pray at the Pentagon too (and in that case, [all the Christians at the Pentagon should have boycotted the Moslem prayer session or for that matter the Christians should have boycotted ALL the nonChristian prayer sessions).

love, Eden

Your point is moot.

For for the sake of National security Moztec Karon thumpers should not be working in any capacity at the Pentagon.

Eph.4

[4] There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
[5] One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
[6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Careful Born Again(eden) your secularism is showing again.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

What SHOULD have happened is that Franklin Graham should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Protestant Christian preacher.

Then next the Catholic Christians should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Catholic Christian preacher.

Then next the Moslems should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Moslem preacher.

Then next the Ba'hai should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Ba'hai preacher.

Then next the Buddhists should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Buddhist preacher.

Then next the Hindus should have been allowed to pray for those in the Pentagon who wanted to be prayed for by a Hindu preacher.

And so on and so on ... so this could become somewhat impractical and also a waste of the Pentagon's time and the taxpayor's money, since under the Constitution, EVERY religion in the USA has a right to do "its share" of preaching to the Pentagon.

However, the reality is that probably NOT ALL of the religions in the world (I've only named the most prominent ones) would want to pray at the Pentagon, so in this case, the Moslems simply should have asked to have THEIR TURN to pray at the Pentagon too (and in that case, [all the Christians at the Pentagon should have boycotted the Moslem prayer session or for that matter the Christians should have boycotted ALL the nonChristian prayer sessions).

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Preacher seeks 'genuine spiritual awakening'

Dr. Youssef notes his concern about the direction the nation is heading. "This is becoming a very serious time," he laments. "When a small group of Muslim militants can dictate their will on the Pentagon and refuse Franklin Graham to pray, then we are in deeper trouble than we know."

Full story http://www.onenewsnow.com/Missions/Default.aspx?id=1003504

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by byfaith:

Eden, I do understand and agree with what you were trying to get across.

wildb, I can respect that you are out there defending rights and freedoms, and that I don't disagree with. Just remember that love and kindness gets us further than rage ever will.

I only became enraged when you and Born Again(eden) tried to push your Secularism based on 1 verse taken out of context and the twisting of the 1st Amendment, without even ever having participated in a courthouse prayer gathering.

Like I said before I expected this type of dogma from the lost on the secular boards to which I witness on not here.

Very sad.(shaking head in disbelief)

--------------------
That is all.....

byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see disagreeing with a thread as an attack, in fact this happens on the majority of the threads.

We should be able to discuss this without name calling.

I start to turn away from the discussion once it reaches a level that someone starts going three kinds of crazy on others.

When we start shame-throwing and name calling remember, that none of us are perfect.

I love all of you, and usually glean something from most everyone here in different threads.

Regarding what I believe for this thread, my view isn't as offensive as you may perceive.

I don't hate this country, far from it...I don't wish it to lose every right and freedom.

I just believe that if we are in the last days... that should make me look more to God for comfort, rather than to man.

Man can do nothing that God has not set forth for him to do.

So I see this as God-is-in-control. Let us pray for each other so that the enemy does not have a foothold....he has certainly had ample opportunity in this thread.

Eden, I do understand and agree with what you were trying to get across.

wildb, I can respect that you are out there defending rights and freedoms, and that I don't disagree with. Just remember that love and kindness gets us further than rage ever will.

I myself have to remind myself of this daily!

I ask forgiveness if I have offended anyone of you, that was not my intention.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Definition of "tripe" (second definition):

"informal, something of no value; rubbish."

I'll bet byfaith agrees with me, and probably some other members on this bbs agree with me?

love, Eden

Care to put it to a vote!

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Definition of "tripe" (second definition):

"informal, something of no value; rubbish."

I'll bet byfaith agrees with me, and probably some other members on this bbs agree with me and think I have "spoken more than tripe"?

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
So is that why you try to pacify them by attacking this thread?
My opposition to this thread has nothing to do with the fanatic Islmaics.

I am opposed to this thread because it violates the law of the land, and the LORD told us to obey the authorities of the land:

1 Timothy 2
1 I Exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.

Here's my problem with this thread. In 1952, probably no one was bothered by it because Christianity was definitely the MAJORITY RELIGION in the USA.

But by 2010, there are many religions in the USA and the LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL fact is that IF we are going to have a National Day of Prayer to "preserve and remember our Christian heritage", then LEGALLY the Congress is ALSO OBLIGATED to establish a National Day of Prayer FOR EVERY RELIGION that is now, for better or worse, IN THE USA.

And that would both be an UNPRACTICAL and UNECONOMICAL thing to do in 2010. It is therefore MORE PRACTICAL and ECONOMICAL for the tax-payors' Congress to establish NO National Days of Prayer, and to let EACH MEMBER of each religion PRAY their hearts out to God, 24/7, 365 days a week, as they wish, and LEAVE IT UP TO GOD TO HONOR WHICHEVER PRAYER HE HONORS.

That's where I am coming from, WildB, it was okay to have a National Day of Prayer from 1952 to say 1990, but now by 2010 there are too many religions that legally would have to receive a Natioinal Day of Prayer of their own, to make it either practical or economical.

So WildB, to repeat what you said
quote:
I despise the Islamics and consider Islam to be Lucifer/Satan's counter-religion to try to usurp the Lord Jesus's throne to rule over the nations from Jerusalem.

Howbeit, I have to be "wise as serpents" and "not cast my pearls before swine", so I have at the same time to be careful that I give no information away about myself that could help those low-lives to track me down and hurt my family.

So, stand down, my man. Take it easy, okay?

love, Eden

Tripe....

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
My opposition to this thread has nothing to do with the fanatic Islmaics.

I am opposed to this thread because it violates the law of the land, and the LORD told us to obey the authorities of the land:

1 Timothy 2
1 I Exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.

Here's my problem with this thread. In 1952, probably no one was bothered by it because Christianity was definitely the MAJORITY RELIGION in the USA.

But by 2010, there are many religions in the USA and the LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL fact is that IF we are going to have a National Day of Prayer to "preserve and remember our Christian heritage", then LEGALLY the Congress is ALSO OBLIGATED to establish a National Day of Prayer FOR EVERY RELIGION that is now, for better or worse, IN THE USA.

And that would both be an UNPRACTICAL and UNECONOMICAL thing to do in 2010. It is therefore MORE PRACTICAL and ECONOMICAL for the tax-payors' Congress to establish NO National Days of Prayer, and to let EACH MEMBER of each religion PRAY their hearts out to God, 24/7, 365 days a week, as they wish, and LEAVE IT UP TO GOD TO HONOR WHICHEVER PRAYER HE HONORS.

That's where I am coming from, WildB, it was okay to have a National Day of Prayer from 1952 to say 1990, but now by 2010 there are too many religions that legally would have to receive a Natioinal Day of Prayer of their own, to make it either practical or economical.

So WildB, to repeat what you said
quote:
I despise the Islamics and consider Islam to be Lucifer/Satan's counter-religion to try to usurp the Lord Jesus's throne to rule over the nations from Jerusalem.

Howbeit, I have to be "wise as serpents" and "not cast my pearls before swine", so I have at the same time to be careful that I give no information away about myself that could help those low-lives to track me down and hurt my family.

So, stand down, my man. Take it easy, okay?

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
Whats the dates on your DD214?
I don't want to divulge that information on a public forum because both I and one of my family members have said some harsh things about I*s*l*a*m and I don't want some fanatic targeting my family. The less they know the safer it is; they have long memories and use long revenge periods to carry out their revenge.

love, Eden

and you can always PM them dates. I will keep it confidential.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote to Eden
quote:

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a U.S. Army combat veteran.

love, Eden

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a U.S. Army combat veteran.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
It's true that some members thought that Eden was a woman's name and they called me a sister instad of a brother. I really wasn't important to me at the time so I just let it go; I was more interested in the contents of the posts.

In any caase, my profile has always said that I was a male, so if any member had they done their due diligence, they would and should have known that I was a male.

The fact that some members thought that "Eden" was a female name does not excuse for failing to check my profile to make sure. I check every profile if I can't tell from the User ID itself, to see if it's a male or female.

I used the User ID "Eden" because it was easy to type for other members, and I was thinking of the garden of Eden when I chose it. And it turns out that all occurrences of "Eden" in the Bible are names for males.

But in retrospect I think that I should have said earlier on than I did that "Eden" was a brother and not a sister, eventhough my profile said I was a male. I never pretended to be a female; it's just that some members thought that "Eden is a female name", which it is not, and I just let it go because it was not important to me.

love, Eden

Born Again you shur do know how to back peddle then dance on forward.

You let the deception go on for two years because it served YOUR purpose of staying under the radar while you regrouped and modified YOUR dogma.

To bad David didn't IP block you but that's not his way.

Your profile DOES NOT say MALE. Nope all one would find is a "m" in that space.

So lets see how that could serve to deceive.

In profile we find....

Are you a male or female?: and you put "m" since its a little m and not a M it could be construed either one.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

It's true that some members thought that Eden was a woman's name and they called me a sister instad of a brother. I really wasn't important to me at the time so I just let it go; I was more interested in the contents of the posts.

In any caase, my profile has always said that I was a male, so if any member had they done their due diligence, they would and should have known that I was a male.

The fact that some members thought that "Eden" was a female name does not excuse for failing to check my profile to make sure. I check every profile if I can't tell from the User ID itself, to see if it's a male or female.

I used the User ID "Eden" because it was easy to type for other members, and I was thinking of the garden of Eden when I chose it. And it turns out that all occurrences of "Eden" in the Bible are names for males.

But in retrospect I think that I should have said earlier on than I did that "Eden" was a brother and not a sister, eventhough my profile said I was a male. I never pretended to be a female; it's just that some members thought that "Eden is a female name", which it is not, and I just let it go because it was not important to me.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Betty Louise wrote
quote:
The Constitution grants freedom of Religion, NOT freedom FROM Religion.
betty

The Constitution provides that "the government shall NOT make any one religion the State religion". That way all people are free to choose Whom they want to believe in and worship.

And I'm confident that God loves it that way too bccause He only wants people to love Him VOLUNTARILY. Only VOLUNTARY love is True Love. MANDATORY love, as is found in Islam, is abuse: let us Christians not be guilty of that kind of "love".

Eden

Listen ED,

Stop posting your PC propaganda. Your opinions are stinking up the board with your RED HERRING tactics and secularist views.

By the way were you not banned from this board under a different name? That's why you came back with that misleading Eden handle. As I remember you led the good people here to believe you were a woman for 2 years until challenged.

I'm MORE confident that God hates a LIAR.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Betty Louise wrote
quote:
betty

The Constitution provides that "the government shall NOT make any one religion the State religion". That way all people are free to choose Whom they want to believe in and worship.

And I'm confident that God loves it that way too bccause He only wants people to love Him VOLUNTARILY. Only VOLUNTARY love is True Love. MANDATORY love, as is found in Islam, is abuse: let us Christians not be guilty of that kind of "love".

Eden

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB, in an especially low blow, wrote
quote:
Ed I have always wondered why you post behind a woman's name? Care to share.
The name originally referred to the "garden of Eden":

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Secondarily it referred to the "merchant of Eden":

Ezekiel 27:23
Haran, and Canneh, and Eden, the merchants of Sheba, Asshur, and Chilmad, were your merchants.

Thirdly, it referred to the "children of Eden who were in Telassar":

Isaiah 37:12
Have the gods of the nations delivered them which my fathers have destroyed, as Gozan, and Haran, and Rezeph, and the children of Eden which were in Telassar?

Fourthly, it referred to "the priests":

2 Chronicles 31:15
And next him were Eden, and Miniamin, and Jeshua, and Shemaiah, Amariah, and Shecaniah, in the cities of the priests, in their set office, to give to their brethren by courses, as well to the great as to the small.

"Eden", in the Bible, is always a MAN'S name.

Any other questions, WildB? Perhaps you'd like to explain why you would have the word wild in YOUR User ID?

love, Eden

Well Ed,

Wildb never blows low maybe you do. I use the name WildBshort for Wild Bill, because those I served with started calling me that because of my fearlessness in the face of great danger.

As far as Im concerned your misuse of the name Eden only serves to serve your narcissism and confuse others?

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So if Congress in 2010 enacted a SECOND National Day of Prayer, whose mission is to "publicize and preserve America's recent Moslem heritage", would that be okay? There are MILLIONS of moslems in American nowadays, don't they deserve a National Day of Prayer too?

It is therefore better that we have NO National Day of Prayer for ANY religious group.

love, Eden

They are free to come out now on the NATIONAL day of prayer.

Oh that's right they may have to turn their backs to the rest while facing Mecca.

Go away Ed. Your starting to bother me with your PC tripe.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB, in an especially low blow, wrote
quote:
The name originally referred to the "garden of Eden":

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Secondarily it referred to the "merchant of Eden":

Ezekiel 27:23
Haran, and Canneh, and Eden, the merchants of Sheba, Asshur, and Chilmad, were your merchants.

Thirdly, it referred to the "children of Eden who were in Telassar":

Isaiah 37:12
Have the gods of the nations delivered them which my fathers have destroyed, as Gozan, and Haran, and Rezeph, and the children of Eden which were in Telassar?

Fourthly, it referred to "the priests":

2 Chronicles 31:15
And next him were Eden, and Miniamin, and Jeshua, and Shemaiah, Amariah, and Shecaniah, in the cities of the priests, in their set office, to give to their brethren by courses, as well to the great as to the small.

"Eden", in the Bible, is always a MAN'S name.

Any other questions, WildB? Perhaps you'd like to explain why you would have the word wild in YOUR User ID?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

So if Congress in 2010 enacted a SECOND National Day of Prayer, whose mission is to "publicize and preserve America's recent Moslem heritage", would that be okay? There are MILLIONS of moslems in American nowadays, don't they deserve a National Day of Prayer too?

It is therefore better that we have NO National Day of Prayer for ANY religious group.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
love, Eden [Bible]

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

love, Eden [Bible]
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
Congress declared a National Day of Prayer in 1952. The National Day of Prayer Task Force (NDPTF), whose mission is to "publicize and preserve America's Christian heritage."
In 1952, the USA was still mostly a "Christian" country, but to enact a National Day of Prayer to "publicize and preserve America's Christian heritage" is against the Constitution of the United States, whose founding fathers said that "the government shall NOT enact any one religion as the State religion".

A true Christian PRAYS EVERY DAY to His Lord and Savior anyway, so enacting a National Day of Prayer to "publicize and preserve America's Christian heritage" UNNECESSARILY RILES the other religions and UNNECESSARILY POINTS THE FINGER again at Christians (the Devil loves that!!!).

A true Christian does NOT need a National Day of Prayer; only LUKEWARM Christians may need to be reminded "once a year" that there IS a Lord and Savior in heaven.

love, Eden

More PC sillyness,

Establishing a National day of prayer is not the establishment of a religion.

Better learn how to rightly divide.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

REPENT!

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

WildB wrote
quote:
US Presiden Barack Obama (2nd R) and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (L) take off their shoes as they visit the Blue Mosque with Muslim clerics Emrullah Hatipoglu (R) and Mustafa Cagrici (L) in Istanbul, Turkey, 07 April 2009. US President Barack Obama has ended his European tour by saying he is committed to opening a "new chapter in American engagement" with the Muslim world. EPA/KAYHAN OZER
As our elected President, President Obama has an obligation and responsibility to represent ALL Americans of ALL stripes and colors. If he bowed down in the Blue Mosque in Turkey, then he is representing the American moslems, who number in the millions in 2010 in the USA.

But that does not mean that he is personally a moslem; it is my understanding that he and hiw wife Michelle are Chistians. But as President he has a responsibility to represent ALL Americans, of ALL stripes and colors.

And in addition he has a responsibility to promote peace:

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
Congress declared a National Day of Prayer in 1952. The National Day of Prayer Task Force (NDPTF), whose mission is to "publicize and preserve America's Christian heritage."
In 1952, the USA was still mostly a "Christian" country, but to enact a National Day of Prayer to "publicize and preserve America's Christian heritage" is against the Constitution of the United States, whose founding fathers said that "the government shall NOT enact any one religion as the State religion".

A true Christian PRAYS EVERY DAY to His Lord and Savior anyway, so enacting a National Day of Prayer to "publicize and preserve America's Christian heritage" UNNECESSARILY RILES the other religions and UNNECESSARILY POINTS THE FINGER again at Christians (the Devil loves that!!!).

A true Christian does NOT need a National Day of Prayer; only LUKEWARM Christians may need to be reminded "once a year" that there IS a Lord and Savior in heaven.

love, Eden

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement