Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Body Soul Spirit (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Body Soul Spirit
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Billy:
For Zeena:

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Does it say that by the one offering he is has perfected forever those that are saved, or does it say that he has perfected forever those that are sanctified? That being said, when is the work of salvation complete? And when is the work of sanctification complete? These are all just retorical questions for your consideration. You need not answer, because I agree with the last two posts. If this is going to be a quarrel, rather than a discussion, I want no part in it. Sadly, you and I may be able to discuss, but others that happen upon our conversations have a tendancy to turn our discussions into quarrels. Too often, already, I have fallen into this trap.

In Christ,
Billy.

John 17:19
And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 13:12
So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

Hebrews 13:12
Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall be quiet, here in my very own post, [happyhappy] so as not offer further opportunity to be accused of ruffling feathers. But in case you missed the post above Billy, here is a reprint of most of it:

quote:
Abraham was righteous in 'thought and deed'. If one takes the position that you have, that one witholds him or herself while trying to get something from God. It will not work. It would be self-righteousness, or merited righteousness the way you explain it. For it would be 'earned' by faith, rather than realized by faith. We are 'realize' by faith.

Scripture says that "With the heart we believe unto righteousness." That does not say unto right standing. It says we believe unto righteousness! Righteousness is a way of thinking and behaving towards, or better yet, 'by' God. That is a lot to commprehend if we simply stop there. But we believe in "Being created unto righteousness," or 'good works', which is the same (another scripture take note!). Good works do not come from sinful people.

We believe in "Putting on righteousness." It means that we think and behave righteously in His eyes, for remember, even Jesus was Himself seen as a rebel and a sinner by the impure eyes of the worldly, yet how could they overlook it? He was God! Their heart was evil, that is why they 'didn't see. That is the fundamental reason I made this post. It is about the heart.

But it means that we do not have to abide in transgression in thought, word or deed. It is a what would Jesus do sort of thing. When we have His life, what HE would think and do, so do we. If you doubt me, here's scripture: "We have the mind of Christ." That is straight forward verse, such that if one is acutely aware that they don't, or don't seem to, they are in error, not the word, and if one is 'transformed' by the remewing of their mind, they will recognize, what you called, 'higher' thinking (His, instead of their own).

Abram 'believed' God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. What he believed went beyond the fact that God would raise Issac from the dead. He believed something deeper about God, such that it changed him. The result was that he believed that God would raise Issac from the dead, but in fact he believed that God would "Provide Himself a sacrifice," which if one reads, they will find Abraham telling Issac before he carried Issac to the out-back.

So he believed what Jesus would 'do', which entirely accounted for His righteousness. for what does Jesus do?) Then he understood righteousness; for it is 'what Jesus does'. And that is where it lies. When we believe what HE did on the Cross, and is doing in us, 'as a result of His dying on the cross, we realize something which is beyond ourselves, way beyond ourselves.

So, I don't need to quote 'lots' of scripture. One single verse will accomplish its work if we do not rationalize it, which means to make it fit our carnal understanding.

If scripture says that we believe unto righteousness, it means that we become operationally so by faith. It means that we minister His righteousness by our actions because we are not abiding in darkness. If it says that the Blood of Jesus clanses us of all sin, it isn't fooling around, as long as we trust this to be true. And if we try to rationalize it, (make it to fit our understanding) we completely water it down until it is useless. We try to becom acceptable as we are, such that we do not sense His need to change us, which He does, if we have truly believed in Him. Otherwise we are still seeking.

I considered the nuculear option for this post. [Eek!] But joy will not let me do it.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Zeena:

Does it say that by the one offering he is has perfected forever those that are saved, or does it say that he has perfected forever those that are sanctified? That being said, when is the work of salvation complete? And when is the work of sanctification complete? These are all just retorical questions for your consideration. You need not answer, because I agree with the last two posts. If this is going to be a quarrel, rather than a discussion, I want no part in it. Sadly, you and I may be able to discuss, but others that happen upon our conversations have a tendancy to turn our discussions into quarrels. Too often, already, I have fallen into this trap.

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
Truthfully, I think this topic had already been beaten to death.

I haven't read enough of Michael's posts to know where he stands yet, but what I have seen here is that others are doing the exact same thing that they are accusing Michael of. Why get upset with each other? Michael has his beliefs and God will deal with him. We each have ours and God will deal with us. Do we need to attack each other? Disagree and discuss yes, but there isn't any sense in beating a topic to death when it's obvious that nothing is changing in anyone.

Let's let this lie and discuss topics that glorify God instead of focusing on each other.

Amen! This is really getting old.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
Think ye that that is judging because I say that?

You did.. In agreeing that calling that driver a 'jerk' is judgemental..

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthfully, I think this topic had already been beaten to death.

I haven't read enough of Michael's posts to know where he stands yet, but what I have seen here is that others are doing the exact same thing that they are accusing Michael of. Why get upset with each other? Michael has his beliefs and God will deal with him. We each have ours and God will deal with us. Do we need to attack each other? Disagree and discuss yes, but there isn't any sense in beating a topic to death when it's obvious that nothing is changing in anyone.

Let's let this lie and discuss topics that glorify God instead of focusing on each other.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God doesn't rock. He is the rock. I have judged no one, only exhorted. But to discern one's state by his or her own words, and to offer the wisdom and council of God, is not judgment, it is edification. Else Paul, Peter, James, Jude and John were blatantly in error.

God is my witness. I did not call that driver a jerk! I addressed what one would be thinking, which would lead to the next errant reaction, for the benefit of those who are not so aloof so as to be in denial, that that is how they would feel in that situation. I was illustrating, not judging. Your criticism is flawed. You are accusing me of sin. If your accusation will not stand, then you will be the guilty one. I am sorry that you don't realize the truth. Bearing false witness is not a work of the Spirit.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Who convinces me of sin?

So then, you tell me why you are judging.

Are you burdened?

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Michael Harrison said: No eden. It was to zeena, as was the last post.
See, I was thinking Billy. So please be helpful and identify who you are quoting, will you?

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Thanks, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acts 17
10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night to Berea: who coming there went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11 These (Bereans) were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

12 Many of them therefore believed; also of honorable women who were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

No eden. It wastozeena, as was thelast post.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Who convinces me of sin?

But with me it is a small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment. Yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself. Yet am I not hereby justified, for He that Judgeth me is the Lord.

Therefore judge nothing before the time.

Eden
unregistered

So, Michael Harrison, this comment was directed at me?
quote:
Not even remotely. Why do you hinder the work of God?
I thought it might be directed at Billy, please clarify and identify your quotes so that I am not left to wonder? Thank you. Eden
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

No Eden, when "You!" If you don't receive it, you don't receive it.
Eden
unregistered

Brother Michael Harrison, please identify who, if anyone, you are quoting each time. It's fairer to the rest of the members when the members know who is being loved (or lambasted) each time. Thanks, Eden
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

But you've been busy judging believers here on this board Michael, in this very thread my brother.. [Yet not you, but sin in you, that is, your flesh] It is evident, by this fruit that you are holding unforgiveness in your heart.

I exhort you to seek out Biblical Counselling.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
It was inadequate for God's purposes..
Not even remotely. Why do you hinder theo work of God.?
Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison said,
quote:
Sanctification has nothing to do with attaining resurrection from the dead.
I agree 100%. In this life, we can attain to a measure of sanctification or civility, even to love, but the resurrection of the dead must be GIVEN TO US because we can not attain to it ourselves. Even Elijah did not "take off" but Elijah was "caught up" by a whirlwind which conveniently came by:

2 Kings 2:11
And it came to pass, as they still went on and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

We may attain what we may attain in sanctification, but the ressurection of the dead must be given to us:

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

No more time for sanctification; it's now happening in "the twinkling of an eye". So I agree with you on that, Michael Harrison.

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
So then, if your truly abiding then why do you judge that man a jerk?
I am simply stating what is felt in the heat ot the moment which evokes a reaction which is not Christ. It is a very good illustration, that one. For 'judging' that person to be a jerk is the first 'reaction' which leads to the response, which also is not of Christ.

I was not however judging that person to be a jerk in my post. Just being honest about the temptation that is felt in the moment. I don't know anyone who cannot relate.

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
quote:
Intellect realizes, faith receives [Wink]
Fair enough. No disagreement here. But for the purpose, what I said was adequate without having to go into a drawn out explanation.
It was inadequate for God's purposes..

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005755

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Fair enough. No disagreement here. But for the purpose, what I said was adequate without having to go into a drawn out explanation.
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
improve it.

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

--------------------

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
But let me repeat, I am from half-heaven, half-earth these days. And, how about you?

love, Eden

Nice to meet you Eden, in Christ! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

You have contradicted yourself in the last four posts.

Paul said that he did not consider himself to have attained resurrection from the dead. For those once sealed always ssealed people what this means is that he did not consider himself to have gotten to glory yet. Because then he will have finished the race, and will have laid up trasure in heaven. But until he passes this point, he was saying, there was no garantee. Sanctification has nothing to do with attaining resurrection from the dead. I am glad that you are so astute that you can say what I said and make me sound wrong!

Enough of this conversation. Brother! It is hard to see people in poverty, who would not rather improve it.

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Michael:
"Faith realizes," as opposed to, "Faith earns,"

James 1:6-8
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison asked
quote:
What planet are you from Eden???
I am from half-heaven, half-earth these days. How about you? So far you have made me out to be a gay skeptic alien and you have said 2 other members are on medication. This is more like "accuser of the brethren" than "love my neighbor as myself", isn't it?

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; so as to make in Himself, of two, one new man, so making peace.

Are we making peace yet?

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

But let me repeat, I am from half-heaven, half-earth these days. And, how about you?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Nichael Harrison said
quote:
Not as though I had already attained...resurrection from the dead!

Has nothing to do with sanctification. If there was anything Paul preached it was sanctification.

Philippians 3:12
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Michael Harrison, "not as if we had already attained...the resurrection of the dead"? And, "attained has nothing to do with sanctification"? That is not what Paul taught?

Philippians 3:16
Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

1 Timothy 4:6
If you put the brethren in remembrance of these things, you shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine whereunto you have attained.

Paul was speaking of attainments of sanctification, accomplished in THIS life.

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

What planet are you from Eden??? But thank you for being fair to me in a later post.

Now:

quote:
God said that "Abraham believed" and "it" (his belief) was "counted to him for righteousness".

Not his "good" works, but "his belief".

You took a perfectly good explanation and turned it into something undecernable. I cannot tell where you got 'works' from. For when I said "Faith realizes," as opposed to, "Faith earns," works was eliminated. For if faith earns, that would be works. You know, I'm not sure you people are worth talking to!!!

quote:
Righteousness is indeed EARNED earned by faith ALONE. ("Realizing" is what is done in New Age.)
Now I am going to be bluntly hard on you. This is the dumbest thing that could come out of a human's mouth. I hope you will realize it at some point, because you do not know what you are missing.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
For indeed, there is another verse in which Paul states;NOT as though I've already attained..
[Bible] Not as thought I had already attained...

...resurrection from the dead!

Has nothing to do with sanctification. If there was anything Paul preached it was sanctification.

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Eden! You know the biggest difference between now, and before the full revelation of who He is

Nobody has the full revelation of who He is except Himself this side of the grave..

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

quote:
Michael:
When you let Him be in control, all the way in control, then that jerk that just peeved you, is in His hand. God is Lord, It was no accident. Consider it God's design.

So then, if your truly abiding then why do you judge that man a jerk?

--------------------

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Eden:
Galatians 3:22
But the scripture has concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them who believe.

There that faith OF God again! woot!

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Eden! You know the biggest difference between now, and before the full revelation of who He is, is that now I realize, in a situation like you described, that I didn't have to sin. I fully and completely understand what you are saying. The auto is a great place to excercise our 'lack' of faith. I, like you have a couple of sore spots. But my reaction does not come from Christ. Here is the point, if I am dead, I don't act like that. How am I dead? I am dead through faith. That means simply ""That I am trusting God."" When I am trusting God, then I am dead, and my behavior will come from Him.

Well, what is trusting God? When you let Him be in control, all the way in control, then that jerk that just peeved you, is in His hand. God is Lord, It was no accident. Consider it God's design.

Peter said, "Consider it not strange the fiery trial that is to try you." And that was it! Here again we have a "What would Jesus do?" situation. For HE has a response, and He is within you. SO you yield to Him, or you yield to self. You live unto Him, or unto self. And it is much easier to let Him be in control. And in His wisdom, He has a posture for you that you may be blessed by Him, and potentially, someone else too. That means that if you rest in Him, HE is doing something, which He will express through, or you will benefit from.

"That the trial of our faith being more precious than gold..."

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Billy:
1John 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. KJV

Thank you!

quote:
Billy:
It is the same in the translation that I commonly us, which is the NASB. I also like the NKJV. You will not see much deviation between these three versions. The NKJV is an updated version of the KJV, and the NASB is an updated version of the ASV, which originally served as an updated version of the KJV, as well.

Not imo, they are both downgraded versions of the originals..

http://www.dtl.org/versions/book/verses-1.htm
http://www.lastdaysprophecy.org/L_D_bible_prophecy.htm

Even the KJV [the most true to form version] has errors I've been informed of, praise God! They translate spirit for soul on a few occasions, which is why it's prudent to study the originals;

http://studylight.org/lex/

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Search for "realize" and "realized in the KJV turned up the following:

"Realize" or "Realized"

quote:
No results found. [Big Grin]
No results were found for realize pr realizedin the version(s):King James Version.
Try refining your search using the form above.

You can find more about refining searches and using the search form effectively, visit the frequently-asked questions page.

But, to be fair to you, Michael Harrison, no results were found for earn or earned in the KJV either. [Big Grin]
love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Ah, Michael Harrison, please add who you are talking to (Billy in this case) so as not to confuse the people in the pew and other staff members. You also said to Billy
quote:
Abraham was righteous in 'thought and deed'. If one takes the position that you have, that one witholds him or herself while trying to get something from God. It will not work. ... For it would be 'earned' by faith, rather than realized by faith. We are to 'realize' by faith.

Eventhough Abraham was mostly righteous in "thought" and "deed", Abraham was nonetheless a sinner and counted among those of whom the LORD said:

Romans 11:32
For God has concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture has concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them who believe.

God said that "Abraham believed" and "it" (his belief) was "counted to him for righteousness".

So it was NEVER Abraham's good deeds that earned Abraham an exchange for righteousness, but ONLY because Abraham had "believed God" and "it was counted to him for righteousnes":

Romans 4:3
For what says the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it (his belief) was counted unto him for righteousness.

Not his "good" works, but "his belief".

You then continued:[quotedIt would be self-righteousness, or merited righteousness the way you explain it. For it would be 'earned' by faith, rather than realized by faith. We are 'realize' by faith.[/quote]I do think it was "earned by faith"; it certainly wasn't earned "by works", not even in Abraham's case:

Romans 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him who calls).

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

To God, Abraham's works were "as good as dead":

Ephesians 2:1
And you has He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them; and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

John 3:15
That whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 8:24
I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you do not believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.

So to repeat what you said, Michael Harrison:
quote:
Abraham was righteous in 'thought and deed'. If one takes the position that you have, that one witholds him or herself while trying to get something from God. It will not work. ...For it would be 'earned' by faith, rather than realized by faith. We are to 'realize' by faith.

Righteousness is indeed EARNED earned by faith ALONE. ("Realizing" is what is done in New Age.)

love, Eden

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Billy:
Likewise, when we put faith in Christ, we are put in a right standing with God, though we are not fully perfected until the resurrection.

What do you do with that Scripture then?

For indeed, there is another verse in which Paul states;NOT as though I've already attained..

The sanctification of God's elect is three fold;
Spirit, soul and body [Wink]

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

There is no error in my interpretation. That was number one. Number two: Holiness and Righteousness are the same. I am sorry to say that your assertion is feeble. And I have already cut you, but you don't know it. Look! I have used scriptures, and you cannot see them for what they are. How will you benefit if I use more? Dare I be suckered into some challenge that becomes a war of words? You would be wise to receive what has been said. Moreover, my words can just be thought of as a paraphrase of scripture. The reason one might do that is that they communicate the intent contained in scripture.

quote:
Please do. I know that many things do come by faith. I know that Abraham was credited with righteousness, because of his faith. This is not to say that he was righteous in thought and deed. It is only to say that he was in a right standing with God, because of his faith. Likewise, when we put faith in Christ, we are put in a right standing with God, though we are not fully perfected until the resurrection.

quote: MH wrote -
I can tell you scripture, but it will not translate into fact. (This is why I have slowed on quoting it. Besides, someone will inevitably want to outquote you and mess up the simple purity of the moment.)

This is what I'm talking about. Your words have no value if they are not backed up by scripture. If scripture (God's word) cannot convince someone, what do you expect your words to do? Do you have more faith in your words than God's?

Abraham was righteous in 'thought and deed'. If one takes the position that you have, that one witholds him or herself while trying to get something from God. It will not work. It would be self-righteousness, or merited righteousness the way you explain it. For it would be 'earned' by faith, rather than realized by faith. We are 'realize' by faith.

Scripture says that "With the heart we believe unto righteousness." That does not say unto right standing. It says we believe unto righteousness! Righteousness is a way of thinking and behaving towards, or better yet, 'by' God. That is a lot to commprehend if we simply stop there. But we believe in "Being created unto righteousness," or good works, which is the same (another scripture take note).

We believe in "Putting on righteousness." It means that we think and behave righteously (in His eyes, for remember, even Jesus was Himself seen as a rebel and a sinner by the impure eyes of the worldly.) It means that we do not have to abide in transgression in thought, word or deed. It is a what would Jesus do sort of thing. When we have His life, what HE would think and do, so do we. If you doubt me, here's scripture: "We have the mind of Christ." That is straight forward verse, such that if one is acutely aware that they don't, they are in error, not the word. The understanding simply has not become the understanding that He would have us to have.

But people rationalize it like you did with Abraham. Abram 'believed' God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. What he believed went beyond the fact that God would raise Issac crom the dead. He believed something deeper about God that changed him. The result was that he believed that God would raise Issac from the dead, but in fact he believed that God would "Provide Himself a sacrifice," which if one reads, they will find Abraham telling Issac before he carried Issac to the out back. So he believed what Jesus would 'do', which accounted for His righteousness. Then he understood righteousness; for it is 'what Jesus does'. And that is where it lies. When we believe what HE did on the cross, and is doing 'as a result of His dying on the cross, we realize something which is beyond ourselves.

So, I don't need to quote 'lots' of scripture. One single verse will accomplish its work if we do not rationalize it, which means to make it fit our carnal understanding. He brings our understanding to Him. When we try to bring understanding down to the way we think, to the 'only possible thing it could be' as far as we can tell, we miss Him. It is another example of how our best effort is not good enough.

If scripture says that we believe unto righteousness, it means that we become so by faith. It means that we minister His righteousness by our actions. If it says that the Blood of Jesus clanses us of all sin, it isn't fooling around. And if we try to rationalize it, (make it to fit our understanding) we completely water it down until it is useless. We try to becom acceptable as we are, such that we do not sense His need to change us, which He does, if we have truly believed in Him. Otherwise we are still seeking.

Eden
unregistered

Billy wrote to Michael Harrison
quote:
Do you confess your sin, daily? Or are you of the mindset that your sin has already been paid for, so why bother? Just curious.
For me, at least, it is both. I am of the mindset that my sin has already been paid for, but when I commit new sin, say while driving when I tend to commit the most sins, then I also tell the Lord I'm sorry for this new sin. So for me, it's both, and not either or.

love, Eden

Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read 1John 1. The apostle John tells believers that if they say that they do not sin, they make God a liar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Zeena wrote -
That's not what my Bible says.. :

1 John 1:8 KJV
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

What version are you quoting?

Read a bit further...

1John 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. KJV

It is the same in the translation that I commonly us, which is the NASB. I also like the NKJV. You will not see much deviation between these three versions. The NKJV is an updated version of the KJV, and the NASB is an updated version of the ASV, which originally served as an updated version of the KJV, as well.

The main difference between them all is the manuscripts used. The NKJV and NASB use all of the currently accepted manuscripts, and where there are verses left out, they are usually put in the footnotes with an explanation as to why they were left out. Usually it has to do with the fact that the verses show up in some later manuscripts, but are left out in the earlier ones.

It's always good to read the translators' notes at the front of your Bible in order to understand what texts are being used, what methods of interpretation are being used, the history of the progression in translation and the basis for why it was interpreted the way that it was interpreted. The KJV is a good version. The language is severely outdated, but there are only a few words that I have contention with, from my (limited) understanding of Hebrew and Greek.

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

quote:
MH wrote -
Holiness is by faith. I can tell you scripture...

Please do. I know that many things do come by faith. I know that Abraham was credited with righteousness, because of his faith. This is not to say that he was righteous in thought and deed. It is only to say that he was in a right standing with God, because of his faith. Likewise, when we put faith in Christ, we are put in a right standing with God, though we are not fully perfected until the resurrection.

quote:
MH wrote -
I can tell you scripture, but it will not translate into fact. (This is why I have slowed on quoting it. Besides, someone will inevitably want to outquote you and mess up the simple purity of the moment.)

This is what I'm talking about. Your words have no value if they are not backed up by scripture. If scripture (God's word) cannot convince someone, what do you expect your words to do? Do you have more faith in your words than God's?

quote:
MH wrote -
This statement is verifiable by the word to the open mind.

Then use the word. If I came to a sword fight bragging about my sword and it's capabilities, but I left my sword at home, I would be cut to shreds. Use your sword, man! Cut me. If what you say is true, I want to be cut by it.

quote:
MH wrote -
You are referring not to Romans six, but seven and verses fourteen and fifteen perhaps.

Thank you for pointing this out. I often get them confused, because I read through 6, 7 & 8 always at the same time. These three chapters are so continuous in their flow that I actually wish they weren't broken up into separate chapters.

quote:
MH wrote -
So! You are referring not to Romans six, but seven and verses fourteen and fifteen perhaps. These are the most misquoted and most misunderstood verses in the Bible, I think. Paul is positioning himself for reference. He is not saying that 'he helplessly does' those things he is not supposed to, in spite of the Spirit of God. He is supposing, for the sake of trying to explain the gift of God, which is life, which is in its exactness (some would call it Holiness) is not doing those things that he would otherwise. Yet in the carnal stage, in the natural stage of one's development, the Christian sees this as justification for not measuring up. Not so. God is your ability to measure up. (Some call this Holiness.)

And to make one more try at explaining this, Paul is saying that this is what happens when, or if, he tries to 'keep' the law, apart from doing so by faith. He is saying that if he 'tries' to keep the law, he will "not measure up." His very trying proves him out to 'need a savior'.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Here he is saying that he lives unto God, or he lives unto himself. To live unto God is to find one's self living beyond sin. What is sin? It is transgressing God.

If you read the rest of Romans, you will see verses like this:

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For, if you walk after the spirit, something will happen:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

This verse clearly explains that Paul was not helpless to walk after the flesh, which is failure, or 'not measuring up'. For what is not measuring up? It is fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, which 'steals' one's Holiness.

Romans is so full it is very hard to keep it short.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Righteousness is 'fulfilled' in us! That means it is 'fulfilled' in us, which clearly would have to be written, 'failure is fulfilled in us', if the way you understand what Paul said in chapter seven is the correct way to interpret it.

Here is the error in your interpretation:

Paul, in Romans 7, is referring to the nature of man and the nature of the Spirit. By nature (flesh), man is sinful and not holy. Even after the grace of salvation has been bestowed upon him, man is not holy. However, through the grace of God, we walk with the Spirit. In as much as we walk with the Spirit, we have Christ in us, and visa versa. In as much as we have Christ in us, we walk with the Spirit. This does not make us holy, in nature, however. It only allows us to be put in a right standing (righteousness) with God.

There is a reason why Paul does not use the term righteousness in the verses where he is talking about holiness. Equally, there is a reason why Paul does not use the term holiness when he is talking about righteousness. They are two completely different terms with two completely different meanings. One means to be set apart, pure and blameless. The other means that we are put in a right standing with God. Do you fancy yourself blameless, by deed, even your current deeds? Surely not! However, we will have an advocate on the day of judgment, after which, we will be given our gloried bodies and made perfect.

quote:
MH wrote -
1 John 1: is the same. It is a recap of what Paul said, in a lethal dose to the old man.

1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

To walk in darkness is to sin. It is to succumb. It is to justify failure as though God does not lift us out of it. Scripture says HE does.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We have to admit our sin. That is it! We are hopelessly sinful 'apart from Him'. That is not true when we abide in Him, as the next verse verifies.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We walk in the light. Marvelous! (Sounds like a Geico commercial). So, the condition is that if we 'walk in the light' His blood cleanses us from our sin. See! It says "All sin." And it continues as long as we continue to walk in the light.

Do you confess your sin, daily? Or are you of the mindset that your sin has already been paid for, so why bother? Just curious.

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Read Romans 6. Paul was not perfect in deed, even after his conversion.

Yet, the Scripture is the inspired Word of God, written in Paul's hand, yes?

Scripture is without error, yes?

Ergo, Paul was perfect in deed because of what, or should I say whom?

Even while he was striving with sin.

quote:
Though, he did strive to be, as we all should.

I do not accept this interpretation because we do not merrit holiness, there's only One who is Holy, and we recieve His Holiness by Grace through faith.

Galatians 1:9-16
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

quote:
Read 1John 1. The apostle John tells believers that if they say that they do not sin, they make God a liar.

That's not what my Bible says.. :

1 John 1:8 KJV
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

What version are you quoting?

quote:
We are not holy in our deeds.

Nor can we be, but the Spirit of God is HOLY, and as we submit to Him for His Holy Life, being filled with the fullness of God in Christ Jesus, so too, He Lives His Holy Life in and through us! [Big Grin]

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Ephesians 5:17
Wherefore be ye not foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunken with wine, wherein is riot, but be filled with the Spirit; speaking one to another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; subjecting yourselves one to another in the fear of Christ.

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

quote:
We are to strive for holiness. There is a difference.

Philippians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

quote:
We work with the Holy Spirit in testifying about our Lord. We testify with words. The Holy Spirit convicts and convinces. What then? Shall we now supplant the Holy Spirit and assume His job as our own?

If we testify with words of ourselves the Lord is not obligated to back them up with Power!

He does, because He is. [Smile]

quote:
1Corinthians 3:4-7
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not mere men? 5 What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. 7 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.

So, was it Paul that did the convincing, here? Or was it Apollos?

In Christ,
Billy.

It was, is and always will be God.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
So, in essence, you are stating that you have fully complied with these verses? Holiness means to be set apart, pure and blameless. Are you holy, according to your own deeds? Or do you strive to attain holiness, yet fall short, as the truly contrite will admit that they often do? Read Romans 6. Paul was not perfect in deed, even after his conversion. Though, he did strive to be, as we all should. Read 1John 1. The apostle John tells believers that if they say that they do not sin, they make God a liar. We are not holy in our deeds. We are to strive for holiness. There is a difference.

Oh the wisdom of Paul when he told Timothy that he had to be patient, and apt to teach.
quote:
[Cross]
Holiness is by faith. I can tell you scripture, but it will not translate into fact. (This is why I have slowed on quoting it. Besides, someone will inevitably want to outquote you and mess up the simple purity of the moment.) This statement is verifiable by the word to the open mind. And I testify not of myself when I say this.

So! You are referring not to Romans six, but seven and verses fourteen and fifteen perhaps. These are the most misquoted and most misunderstood verses in the Bible, I think. Paul is positioning himself for reference. He is not saying that 'he helplessly does' those things he is not supposed to, in spite of the Spirit of God. He is supposing, for the sake of trying to explain the gift of God, which is life, which is in its exactness (some would call it Holiness) is not doing those things that he would otherwise. Yet in the carnal stage, in the natural stage of one's development, the Christian sees this as justification for not measuring up. Not so. God is your ability to measure up. (Some call this Holiness.)

And to make one more try at explaining this, Paul is saying that this is what happens when, or if, he tries to 'keep' the law, apart from doing so by faith. He is saying that if he 'tries' to keep the law, he will "not measure up." His very trying proves him out to 'need a savior'.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Here he is saying that he lives unto God, or he lives unto himself. To live unto God is to find one's self living beyond sin. What is sin? It is transgressing God.

If you read the rest of Romans, you will see verses like this:

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For, if you walk after the spirit, something will happen:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

This verse clearly explains that Paul was not helpless to walk after the flesh, which is failure, or 'not measuring up'. For what is not measuring up? It is fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, which 'steals' one's Holiness.

Romans is so full it is very hard to keep it short.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Righteousness is 'fulfilled' in us! That means it is 'fulfilled' in us, which clearly would have to be written, 'failure is fulfilled in us', if the way you understand what Paul said in chapter seven is the correct way to interpret it.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

They who walk after the spirit (meaning they understand what it means) experience life - His life. For 8:6 says that to be carnally minded is death. That means that one 'does not measure up'. It means that they are seperated from Him, effectively, by not understanding faith. Therefore they are in a sense 'dead', which is a strong term Paul used. Nevertheless it is accurate. It simply means that they are 'out of fellowship', with God. It doesn't mean that they are not saved.

The problem is that they are using their carnal way of thinking. That means that they are not broken. They are not 'in the Spirit'. They are not functioning the way He enables them to by His Spirit. It is the state of the Christian, apart from faith.

Here it explains further that he is not helpless. He does so by stating the condition of 'if', that we may see the results. Results! Is that not what we are after?

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

1 John 1: is the same. It is a recap of what Paul said, in a lethal dose to the old man.

1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

To walk in darkness is to sin. It is to succumb. It is to justify failure as though God does not lift us out of it. Scripture says HE does.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We have to admit our sin. That is it! We are hopelessly sinful 'apart from Him'. That is not true when we abide in Him, as the next verse verifies.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We walk in the light. Marvelous! (Sounds like a Geico commercial). So, the condition is that if we 'walk in the light' His blood cleanses us from our sin. See! It says "All sin." And it continues as long as we continue to walk in the light.

Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

quote:
MH wrote -
And on "No one is Holy!

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I am sad to see that you would rather not comply with this!

So, in essence, you are stating that you have fully complied with these verses? Holiness means to be set apart, pure and blameless. Are you holy, according to your own deeds? Or do you strive to attain holiness, yet fall short, as the truly contrite will admit that they often do? Read Romans 6. Paul was not perfect in deed, even after his conversion. Though, he did strive to be, as we all should. Read 1John 1. The apostle John tells believers that if they say that they do not sin, they make God a liar. We are not holy in our deeds. We are to strive for holiness. There is a difference.

quote:
MH wrote -
But on letting the Holy Spirit change the minds, how will one be saved except a preacher is sent. (Rom 10:15)

John 15:26&27
26 "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, 27 and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning."

John 16:7-11
7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8 And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

We work with the Holy Spirit in testifying about our Lord. We testify with words. The Holy Spirit convicts and convinces. What then? Shall we now supplant the Holy Spirit and assume His job as our own?

1Corinthians 3:5-7
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not mere men? 5 What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. 7 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.

So, was it Paul that did the convincing, here? Or was it Apollos?

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison, sometimes I wonder whose side you are on. But, anyway, you said
quote:
I am sad to see that you would rather not comply with this! Modeling ourselves after Paul is not going to do it either.
Behold the words of the apostle Paul, ordained by Jesus Himself to be an apostle and minister of God the uncircumcision:

1 Corinthians 4:16
Wherefore I beseech you, be you followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1
But be you followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

So let me repeat what you said, Michael Harrison:
quote:
I am sad to see that you would rather not comply with this! Modeling ourselves after Paul is not going to do it either.
Revelation 12
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation and strength and the kingdom of our God and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.I do model myself after what Paul said, and also after what Jesus said, and after what the other apostles said.

Exodus 34:27
And the LORD said to Moses, Write these words, for after the tenor of these words have I made a covenant with you and with Israel.

with love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
In reality Eden, I am telling them what 'not' to do.
Oh, I think they already know what 'not' to do. What they need to know now is "what to do'.

Has the Holy Spirit not told your spirit what to tell them to do?

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Paul was an apostle who performed many signs and wonders, in the name of Jesus Christ, in order glorify the Lord and validate his claim to apostleship. On top of that, the early church still tested his claims in light of scripture. In much of his writings, he quoted scripture. As an apostle, he had the added advantage of speaking not for himself, but the Holy Spirit spoke through him.

Unless you can verify some kind of apostleship, I would say that you are correct in that it is not wise to compare yourself to Paul. We quote Paul, and we model ourselves after Paul, in that we quote the scriptures, in context, and they do the correcting for us. None of us is high. None of us is holy. Thus, answer and exhort one another in love, and leave the work of changing the mind to the Holy Spirit.

You say that he spoke not of himself, but the Holy Spirit spoke through him. But in the beginning of the paragraph you make it sound like Paul performed the miracles to glorify the Lord, and magnify his office??? That would be contrary to all that Paul wrote. And on "No one is Holy!

• Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
  • Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
  • Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
  • 1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
  • 1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I am sad to see that you would rather not comply with this! Modeling ourselves after Paul is not going to do it either. But on letting the Holy Spirit change the minds, how will one be saved except a preacher is sent. (Rom 10:15) And who is it that convicts and changes the mind? The Holy Spirit does. And does one 'participate'?

• Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
  • Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Rom 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Rom 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

[Cross] It is equally your calling both to know, and to convince! I'm not special.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
The best way to preach and teach is by sharing what is true for YOU, instead of what we SHOULD do. Sharing what has happened to YOU in the "I" and "me" form gives people the personal freedom to decide FOR THEMSELVES what they like and imitate or will not bother with.

In reality Eden, I am telling them what 'not' to do. Perhaps your conscience is bothering you, which is right on. But to counter what you have said, I am in fully line with the word to:

Heb 3:13 "Exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

Deceitfulness of sin is such that one may expect to be accepted, pardoned, condoned, or tolerated in a condition which is opposed to the word of God, in a settng wherin people are gathered, in which case one is as 'leaven' to those around them. (Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?) No! I am expected to expound, even while such as Billy are seeking a seal of mine apostleship.

Remember that Jesus said that they 'stoned' the apostles and prophets, because the truth was hard on their ears. It hasn't changed.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without[outside the church]? do not ye judge them that are within[the body]?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Oh, I just caught that Eden. No! I was not inviting the pew to attend. I was stating that the circus that goes on is not edifying to them. ???
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Jeremiah 2:35
you say, 'I am innocent; he is not angry with me.' But I will pass judgment on you because you say, 'I have not sinned.'

Then quote our Lord, and let God Himself tell us what is right!

Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

It is not right for us to pass judgment! [mad2]

Ezekiel 17:24
And all the trees of the field shall know that I am the LORD; I bring low the high tree, and make high the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it."

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement