Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Holy

Author Topic: Holy
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love you folks and your comments, and the ones that are "striving" to enter in. Let us all work together "not to be right" but to help one another to live a life to win others to the Messiah (Christ) and to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. Visit the widows and Orphans in thier afflictions .

your Brother barry

[wave3]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Eden, you make the same great mistake the apostate Church is making, you look at what Yeshua has done and forget man's responsibility to respond.

[thumbsup2]

AMEN to both barrykind and becauseHElives

Yahweh initially sets us apart and imputes Y'shua's Righteousness upon us and declares us Holy.

He also gives us His Holy Spirit with the "ability to do" dunamis power.

Yahweh:
having cleansed us by the blood of Y'shua,
having given us a new life of Messiah IN us by the resurrection of Y'shua.
having equip us with power and gifts and guidance,

Now EXPECTS and REQUIRES us to walk in that Holiness, but by HIS power and might - NOT by our own inabilities (the flesh) which is sin.

The true disciple of Y'shua's walk of Holiness and Righteousness is a RESULT of our salvation and relationship to Yahweh and is NOT
legalism as some misled christians claim.

Legalism is the requirement of a walk of holiness as a MEANS of salvation and relationship with Yahweh.

BIG difference between the 2.

In most of churchianity today, the mention of walking in Holiness is met with oppositional cries of legalism.

Yahweh gave us the car with an endless supply of high octane gas.
Yahweh gave us the paved road to drive down.
Yahweh gives us His wisdom to know how to drive.

He justs expects to get behind the wheel and drive where and how He tells us,

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bible Says: Be Ye Holy for I am Holy...saith God
[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, you make the same great mistake the apostate Church is making, you look at what Yeshua has done and forget man's responsibility to respond.

I be back later, must go at this moment....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Barrykind. You said:

""What is the true meaning of holiness? It is so important, yet often ignored."

"The word 'Holy' in the Hebrew is from the noun "Qodesh" or the verb "Qadosh". It means "separate, or set apart", nearly always unto Yahweh.

Eden here:

This is true. However, Israel proved to mankind that man, before access was restored to the Holy Spirit through Jesus, Israel showed that man BEFORE that access was INcapable of being holy or set apart onto God. Again and again, Israel tried but chose the things of this world.

Therefore Jesus had to die in our place, so that anyone who believes in Jesus automatically becomes a bornagain Christian and is already set apart as holy unto the LORD BY GOD.

They WILL receive a free spiritual body like Jesus had if they CONTINUE to believe that Jesus died in their place.

Being holy or set apart to the LORD is thus on the one hand NOT something WE DO, but is something that GOD does FOR us. When we believe in Jesus we automatically are set apart unto God:

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Thessalonians 5:27
I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

However, bornagain Christians can also set themselves apart more from the world by reading the Word of God and by praying to the LORD and to Jesus and by listening actively to the new access of the Holy Spirit, so that a bornagain Christian can IN FACT set himself APART MORE unto God or holy unto the LORD, by reading God’s Word, and so on.

These two processes seem to be occurring simultaneously and both work to “set us apart”; but, on the one hand, a bornagain Christian is ALREADY 100% set apart to become a son of God just by his or her continuous believing that Jesus died in their place.

So what is the meaning of being "holy" or "set apart"?

We are already 100% set apart by God unto Himself in terms of our names not being blotted out of the book of life and we will receive the free spiritual body like Jesus had, but on earth we can help that process along also, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

But no one on earth can achieve the 100% holiness or set apartness that Jesus had, not until the redemption of our body occurs. Only then will we achieve TRUE holiness, being fully sons of God, like Jesus is:

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Ephesians 5:27
That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Then it will be.

With love,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yahweh will not accept a partial sacrifice, I hope all that read understand...

Holiness is all or nothing!

Yes my Brother
[dance]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The church began as a movement in Jerusalem. It became a philosophy in Greece, an institution in Rome, a culture in Europe, and a big, wealthy enterprise in America. But God is coming back for a movement" (unknown)

Heb 12:14
(Strive)(Be eagerly seeking) for peace with everyone, and for that holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

(Strive)(Be eagerly seeking) for that holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

This holiness that is being spoken of is the surrender of my will to the will of the Heavenly Father, this holiness is my decision daily to be separate than all that is of this earth, my decision to let the Spirit of Yahweh have total control of my life.

Yahweh will not accept a partial sacrifice, I hope all that read understand...

Holiness is all or nothing!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Yeshua said ….

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Yeshua would never ask us to do something that is not possible. Grace that saves makes it possible to be perfect, even as our heavenly Father is perfect. As you read the text from Matthew you see what Yeshua is asking.

Without the baptism of the Holy Spirit what He is asking is impossible.

Look at the disciples before Pentecost, and look after. Look at Stephen as he is gnashed upon by peoples teeth, beaten and stoned to death, praying for Yahweh not to lay this sin to their charge.

When we talk about Holiness, we are talking about sanctification.

To be continued…..

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, God is patient with us. It is not always that first venture into sin that kills our relationship with Jesus, but a lifestyle of daily living in sin. We all sin and come short of the glory of God and when we do if we repent God is merciful to us. Remember in the end God came back to Samson and brought a victory through Samson to the Jewish people. But because of Samson's lifestyle, this miracle took Samson's life. Through out the Bible God used many men of God who sinned. This is a great testimony to us because none of us are perfect. It is not living a perfect life that saves us. It is being under the blood of Jesus. David was a man after God's own heart, not because he was perfect, but he always humbled himself before God and sought forgivness.
God hates the proud and loves the humble.
This does not excuse us from living an unholy lifestyle. I can't lie to people because I have a job that makes more money for me if I lie. I can't steal from people and have a relationship with God. But, if I set myself up as perfect, then I will fall on my face.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Samson was a Nazerite, thus his long hair, he was not to touch anything unclean, drink from the fruit of the vine, and not shave his head because of the Nazerite vow.

Although Samson touched the unclean carcass and had a feasts where wine was served ,God was still with Him. We read in Judges 14:19 how the Spirit of the Lord came upon him mightly and he killed 30 men from Ashkelon after he had had touched the unclean carcass and drank the wine.

But Samson was dischrged from being a judge of Israel by his ultimate violation of his vow by having his head shaved by this woman delilah.

I believe God showed Samson mercy and Grace when he broke his Nazerite vow by touching the carcass and drinking wine because although he did those 2 things God was still with him.

But he continued to break his vow, to sin and God basically says enough (my emphasis) and God departed from Samson.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We studied last night about Samson and how his failure was not about getting his hair cut but about his failure to walk the Holy lifestyle that God had commanded for him. He was to not drink or eat anything from the vine, he was not to touch a dead body, and not cut his hair. By the time, he got his hair cut, he had killed an animal with his own hands and ate honey from the carcass taking some of the honey home to his parents and not even telling them it was unclean so he added them to his sin and he had drank wine. His failure was not just cutting his hair but living a lifestle that was not Holy.
We too can become unholy when we allow the world to influence us to do what God has commanded us not to do. We even talked about how Churches can be guilty when they allow gay decans and gay preachers.
We cannot be Holy unless we walk with Jesus and lean on the Holy Spirit for guidance. When we try to walk on our own, we will fall into temptation.
thanks for sharing your study.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without Holiness, No One Will See Yahweh!

What a staggering statement…

Be ye Holy, as I am Holy….

How can Yahweh demand such a thing from humans?

He demands it because He loves us, He bought us with His own Blood, because He has sent the Holy Spirit to live in and through us. He demands it because His Grace has saved us.

Grace Yahweh’s divine desire, power and ability has been place in earthen vessels.
(look up the definition of Grace)

The so called Church of today has reduce the Gospel to a Wal Mart mentality, we will match anyone else’s sell price, they have sold the Gospel for a mess of pottage. They tell people that they can come to Yeshua and it cost them nothing.

What a lie from the pit of Hell, but that is what most people want “something for nothing”! (This Gospel will cost you everything or you can’t be part of it) that’s what Yeshua said.

What is this Holiness Yahweh is speaking about?

It is the picture we see of Abraham, the father of faith, separation.

The Strong’s Concordance defines Holiness/Holy as being separate, set apart, other than.

quote:

Holiness--God's unique character and presence expressed in the believer--is essential to proclamation.

We cannot reveal our Lord if we reflect the world.

The root is holy (Romans ll:l6).

The Jewish Roots message is essentially a call to return to holiness; not in the sense of mortifying legalism, but as a glad acceptance of disciplined submission to the unique and living God whose children we are by grace through faith.

Our roots began in God-ordained separation: "Leave your country, your people, and your father's household, and go to the land I will show you" (Genesis 12:1),

continued in separation by the leadership of Moses: "You must not worship the Lord your God in their way" (Deuteronomy 12:4),

and produced an Olive Tree which has suffered global hostility in all ages on account of its sanctification by the Sovereign choice and call of God: "There is a certain people . . . who keep themselves separate. Their customs are different from those of all other people . . . it is not in the king's best interest to tolerate them" (Esther 3:8).

The Lord Yeshua and His apostles maintained the continuity of this call to holiness by teaching, example, and prayer: "Sanctify them by the truth; your word [the Tanach] is truth" (John 17:17).

"You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God" (I Peter 2:9).

From REV. DAVID ANDREW

Be ye Holy, separate, set apart, other than this world, as I am Holy separate, set apart, other than this world please hear me, please….

Without this reality in their life, no person will see Yahweh!

Yeshua died to make this a reality.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good!

>> When His people refuse to put a difference between the holy and the unholy while claiming to be serving Yahweh at the same time, Yahweh says it profanes Him

>> Ezekiel 44:23 - And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

It is hard for people to hear this as they are sleeping! Wake up and know that God is holy. He wants us to discern between good and evil. This day and time most people think we should turn a blind eye towards evil and be tolerant. Well God does not think so, we need to be LIGHT and expose the darkness so people will wake up and come to know the light of the world who is JESUS CHRIST.

-

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Lets try this again.. [Smile]

Its really worth the study..

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight we enter in to a day that was sanctified at creation.. a holy day of Yahweh

We are told to remember this day.. to keep it holy

It is one of many things dealing that Yahweh commands us concerning holiness

If there were one key difference between the true faith and the one that is taught in mainstream Christianity, I would say that it is this: "We believe that we must walk in holiness"

What is the true meaning of holiness?

It is so important, yet often ignored

The word "Holy" in the Hebrew is from the noun "Qodesh" or the verb "Qadosh". It means "separate, or set apart", nearly always unto Yahweh.

Something that is holy or separate is something that is not like other common things. It is dedicated, consecrated, devoted and/or separated for Yahweh's special use.

The Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew lexicon has: 8709 sacred, holy -- 1. of [Elohim], as separate, apart, and so sacred, holy: a. exalted on theophanic throne; heavenly throne; in victory. b. separate from human infirmity, impurity, and sin. (page 872)

holy ... 1. Set apart to the service or worship of [Elohim]; hallowed; sacred; reserved from profane or common use; holy vessels; a holy priesthood

Some believe that the English word "holy" is not a very good translation, but the above Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary seems to indicate close agreement with the Hebrew.

Yahweh is very concerned that we know the difference between the holy/separate and the common. He was displeased that the teachers of His Torah (the priests) failed to show the difference between the clean and unclean:

Ezekiel 22:26 - Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Notice that it says "And I am profaned among them"

When His people refuse to put a difference between the holy and the unholy while claiming to be serving Yahweh at the same time, Yahweh says it profanes Him

The coming priesthood (in the reign of Messiah) will teach the difference:

Ezekiel 44:19 - And when they go forth into the utter court, even into the utter court to the people, they shall put off their garments wherein they ministered, and lay them in the holy chambers, and they shall put on other garments; and they shall not mingle among the people with their garments.

Ezekiel 44:20 - Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.

Ezekiel 44:21 - Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

Ezekiel 44:22 - Neither shall they take for their wives a widow, nor her that is put away: but they shall take maidens of the seed of the house of Israel, or a widow that had a priest before.

Ezekiel 44:23 - And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

So.... What is holy and what is profane?

In this study, let's examine who and what is holy. It will not be a complete list, but it is important to get an idea of the things that Yahweh calls holy lest we end up profaning what He has made holy.

The heavens declare (non-stop!) that Yahweh is holy:

Revelation 4:8 - The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, YAHWEH El-Shaddai, who was and is and is to come!"

More correctly, "Kadosh, kadosh, kadosh, Yahweh Tz'vaot. Asher Haya w'howeh w'yawoh!" declares the four living creatures day and night without resting!

Why was it so important for Yahweh's holiness to be declared continuously?

Why is the concept of being 'separate/holy' so important to Yahweh?

Yahweh is holy, and there is no comparison to His holiness:

Exodus 15:11 - Who is like unto thee, O YAHWEH, among the mighty ones? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

1Samuel 2:2 - There is none holy as YAHWEH: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our Elohim.

Psalms 22:3 - But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Yahweh dwells in a holy place:

Isaiah 63:15 - Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness and of thy glory: where is thy zeal and thy strength, the sounding of thy bowels and of thy mercies toward me? are they restrained?

Deuteronomy 26:15 - Look down from thy holy habitation, from heaven, and bless thy people Israel, and the land which thou hast given us, as thou swarest unto our fathers, a land that floweth with milk and honey.

2Chronicles 30:27 - Then the priests the Levites arose and blessed the people: and their voice was heard, and their prayer came up to his holy dwelling place, even unto heaven.

His name is also Holy:

Psalms 103:1 - Bless YAHWEH, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Isaiah 57:15 - For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isaiah 57:16 - For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

Psalms 33:21 - For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

His Spirit is holy:

Psalms 51:11 - Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Isaiah 63:11 - Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

His works are holy:

Psalms 145:17 - YAHWEH is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

His angels are holy:

Matthew 25:31 - When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

His arm (Yahushua) is holy:

Isaiah 53:1 - Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of YAHWEH revealed?

Isaiah 53:2 - For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Isaiah 53:3 - He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isaiah 52:10 - YAHWEH hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our Elohim.

Acts 4:27 - For of a truth against thy holy child Yahushua, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Hebrews 7:26 - For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;

Thus, His Word is holy:

Romans 1:1 - Paul, a servant of Yahushua the Messiah, called to be an apostle, separated unto the glad tidings of YAHWEH,

Romans 1:2 - (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Romans 1:3 - Concerning his Son Yahushua the Messiah our Saviour, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

2Timothy 3:15 - And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Yahushua ha Mashiach.

Romans 7:12 - Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

The firstborn males are holy to Yahweh:

Ezekiel 48:13 - And over against the border of the priests the Levites shall have five and twenty thousand in length, and ten thousand in breadth: all the length shall be five and twenty thousand, and the breadth ten thousand.

Ezekiel 48:14 - And they shall not sell of it, neither exchange, nor alienate the firstfruits of the land: for it is holy unto YAHWEH.

Deuteronomy 15:19 - All the firstling males that come of thy herd and of thy flock thou shalt sanctify unto YAHWEH thy Elohim: thou shalt do no work with the firstling of thy bullock, nor shear the firstling of thy sheep.

The year of Jubilee is holy to Yahweh:

Leviticus 25:11 - A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.

Leviticus 25:12 - For it is the jubile; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.

Even His promise to Abraham is holy:

Psalms 105:42 - For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant.

Psalms 105:43 - And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:

Psalms 105:44 - And gave them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people;

Yahweh swears by His own holiness

Psalms 89:35 - Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.

Psalms 89:36 - His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Amos 4:2 - The Sovereign YAHWEH hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.

Amos 4:3 - And ye shall go out at the breaches, every cow at that which is before her; and ye shall cast them into the palace, saith YAHWEH.

Yahweh's mountain is holy:

Jeremiah 31:23 - Thus saith YAHWEH of hosts, the Elohim of Israel; As yet they shall use this speech in the land of Judah and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring again their captivity; YAHWEH bless thee, O habitation of justice, and mountain of holiness.

Obadiah 1:15 - For the day of YAHWEH is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Obadiah 1:16 - For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

Psalms 2:6 - Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

His heavens are holy:

Psalms 20:6 - Now know I that YAHWEH saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

His Temple is holy:

Psalms 5:7 - But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Zechariah 14:21 - Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto YAHWEH of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of YAHWEH of hosts. .

So the items of His temple and tabernacle are holy

Interestingly, the above verse speaks of a future time

As was mentioned earlier, Yahweh's Sabbath is holy

Exodus 16:23 - And he said unto them, This is that which YAHWEH hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto YAHWEH: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Exodus 20:8 - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

We don't make it holy, we keep it holy. Yahweh already made it holy. It is of no value to keep another day holy that is not holy to begin with.

No point in "rembering" something that isn't holy. Let's remember the day that IS holy: "The" Sabbath

His priesthood is holy:

Leviticus 21:6 - They shall be holy unto their Elohim, and not profane the name of their Elohim: for the offerings of YAHWEH made by fire, and the bread of their Elohim, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.

His covenant, His apostles and His prophets are holy:

Luke 1:68 - Blessed be YAHWEH Elohim of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Luke 1:69 - And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

Luke 1:70 - As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Revelation 18:20 - "Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for YAHWEH has avenged you on her!"

Luke 1:71 - That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Luke 1:72 - To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

The coming New Jerusalem will be holy:

Revelation 21:10 - And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from YAHWEH,

Therefore, nothing defiled will enter therein:

Revelation 21:27 - But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Do we desire the holy city.. Yerushalayim?

If we desire to enter in, then remember my brothers and sisters, WE are to be holy:

Leviticus 11:44 - For I am YAHWEH your Elohim: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Leviticus 11:45 - For I am YAHWEH that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your Elohim: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

Leviticus 19:2 - Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I YAHWEH your Elohim am holy.

Leviticus 20:26 - And ye shall be holy unto me: for I YAHWEH am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Numbers 15:38 - Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:

Numbers 15:39 - And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of YAHWEH, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

Numbers 15:40 - That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your Elohim.

Note that if we keep His commandments, we are holy unto Him

Exodus 19:6 - And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 14:2 - For thou art an holy people unto YAHWEH thy Elohim, and YAHWEH hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Ephesians 1:4 - just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as the Messiah also loved the assemblyand gave Himself for her,

Ephesians 5:26 - that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

Ephesians 5:27 - that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

A holy assembly.. one that keeps Yahweh's commandments

Colossians 3:12 - Put on therefore, as the elect of YAHWEH, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as the Messiah forgave you, so also do ye.

1Thessalonians 4:7 - For YAHWEH hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

1Thessalonians 5:27 - I charge you by the Master that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

1Peter 1:15 - but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,

1Peter 1:16 - because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."

Oh how many times we see in the scriptures, Yahweh's desire for us to be holy!

In fact the word translated "Saint" is the same Hebrew word that is translated "Holy" all throughout scripture.

Brethren, we are called to be "Qadosh", that is: separated unto Yahweh!

Set apart, different, dedicated to Yahweh we are to be

We must be different, not like the world.

For we have a different Spirit in us than the spirit of the world.

1Corinthians 2:12 - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of Elohim; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of YAHWEH.

The world can corrupt us if we let it. We must keep ourselves unspotted and unstained from the corruption that is in the world.

James 1:27 - Pure and undefiled religion before YAHWEH the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

The world places a stain.

Have any of us felt the stain? The defilement? I certainly have

Sometimes after reading the news, or going to the stores, I feel the stain

It's like an uncleanness inside.. difficult to describe.. a "yuckiness"

A lack of peace, completeness within

I'm learning to be more and more careful what I read.. even in the news web sites.

Do I really need to know all the details about the latest murder?

No

The world is wicked, we already know that

We should not be seeking or allowing the defiling ways of the world having its spirit influencing us, but we should be seeking and allowing Yahweh's Spirit in us to influence those who want to be drawn to Yahweh's holy ways and His true light

We should be lifting up the holy standard that is in the Messiah Yahushua... the One who kept the Torah completely and because of that is a true example of holiness to all

Yahweh, the one we serve, is holy. Yahushua, His Son is Holy. He it is that dwells in us! Therefore, let us be holy even as He is

For nothing defiled will enter into the City above

That blessed city that comes down out of heaven in all the holiness and glory of Yahweh will only allow what and who is holy to enter in

May Yahweh open our hears to hear His word, that we might truly be a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that we should show forth the praises of him who has called us out of darkness, uncleanness and wickedness...

into a marvellous, blessed way of life, light, purity and righteousness.

That is the difference brethren, and it is a difference that should be evident

What is it that the mainstream religious world rejects?

Holiness!

For they refuse to keep Yahweh's holy day.. HOLY

They reject the keeping of Yahweh's Holy Feast Days

They refuse to call on His Holy Name, but instead profane His name by walking in uncleanness and calling on other names which they have assigned to Him

They embrace the unclean and defiled "holi-days" of idolatry and try to mix it in with the pure worship of Yahweh. Yahweh is defiled among them

And fill their bodies (Which is supposed to be His Temple) with the flesh of unclean and abominable meats, rejecting the holy way of Yahweh

They seek to intermingle themselves and imitate the world

Brethren, let it not be so among us!

Let's be holy, as He is holy!

Let's seek that way.. the ancient way.. the way Yahushua walked

Let's walk in holiness.. and show forth that which is to come. The true Kingdom

Where nothing undefiled will enter

Revelation 21:27 - But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Correction: Nothing but the undefiled will enter

Let the Kingdom be preached by our example

Let's seek to be holy as Yahweh is holy

Then we will be worthy to enter in...

the good land

the land which will again be holy

And profaned no more

May we be worthy, in Yahushua's name

And may Yahweh bless you and have mercy on us all !

End
EliYah

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement