Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February, 5, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

It is early in the morning and I am awake. It is peaceful lying in bed and quietly talking to God. God wants to meet us where are. Whether it is lying in bed, driving our car, or sitting in our office, God wants to whisper His love for us. God’s love is not fickle like mankind. Loving us when we are good and then disappearing when we are not. God’s love is consistent. Just as God made the sun to rise in the morning and the moon to shine in the evening. We can depend on God’s love.

God wants our love in return. He wants us to love Him, in good and bad times. Our spiritual health will be stronger when we do not fall in and out of love for God. In a marriage if one partner only loves the other, when they get what they want, the relationship will soon wither like a dying rose. Marriage takes effort to survive. We do not accidentally have a strong relationship with our mate. Neither do we accidentally have a strong relationship with God. It takes time and effort.

Our relationship with God should be closer then any relationship, even our marriage. In marriage we can be selfish and self centered. God Loves us with a pure heart. God does not want a part time relationship with us. He wants a full time and full heart relationship with us. The Bible makes it clear we can only serve one master. We cannot serve God on Church days and live for the devil the rest of the week.

Let us choose to serve God with all of our heart and souls. When we do this, we will have a joyful and peaceful attitude. When we put God first, everything will fall in place.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 2877 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
February 6, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

When those little things like, car battery is dead, not being able to find your keys, etc. What is our reaction? Is it: Why me? Why God? You know I don’t need this today?

If we admit it to ourselves, we have used all of those. Mind you, your more likely to have these things happen when you are already late. The devil, knows just what will set us off. The best thing to do is call the person we are meeting with and tell and tell them we are running late. Sit down and ask God to help you.
Then you can calmly look for answers to the issues. Acting when we are frizzled and upset will not bring good results.

Beginning the day toking to God will make things easier, not perfect, we do not live in a perfect world. When we have already open communication with God, then it is easier to talk to Him about these issues. God wants to hear from us every day and not just when we have a problem. Remember the old Hymn: Tis so Sweet to talk to Jesus. Even a quick prayer can bring peace to our day.

Let us not neglect time alone with God. We can talk to God, even when we are driving, bathing, and even while working. With God we will never get a busy signal or and answer from and answer machine. He is always available for us.
We should be grateful for good days and seek God’s help on the bad days.

May God bless you and your families.
Betty
I have some tiny birds at the feeder and a squirrel.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 2877 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 7, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

This afternoon, I went to the doctor. The Doctor did blood test and is scheduling a cath scan. I am just as sick as I went in this afternoon. The Doctor has to find out why I am so sick. Just like waiting for the test and results, we often have to wait on an answer to our prayers. It is hard waiting for answers to prayer, but by doing so we grow in spiritual health and patience.

God has a good reason for us to wait on answers. His timing is always best.
While we are waiting for answers, remember God still has us in His hands. He is not neglecting us. While we wait we can pray for our President and one another.
The more we talk to God, the more at peace we will be. Our Heavenly Father gives us joy, even when we are going through a battle. The knowledge that we are not fighting alone, should build up our spirit and soul.

If you have an prayer request, please me know in the comment section. I would love to pray for you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 8, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Watching a squirrel at the feeder outside my living room window. I have learned limiting my movement, makes the squirrel feel more secure. Many lessons we learn from God, when we are quiet and still, in His presence. I find being quiet when in God’s presence especially hard when I am going through a rough time. Instead of staying still and quiet, I find myself repeating my problem over and over to God. Surely, He must want to tell me to shut-up and listen. God in His kindness allows my to keep right on talking till I am exhausted. Then when I am too tired to speak, He speaks to me.

God is so kind to us in so many ways that we often do not realize them. Think about the nicest person you know and realize that God is still better then them. Not because your love one or friend isn’t generous and kind, but we all still live in a sinful body. God is completely righteous and Holy. We do not know what Holy and righteous truly means and will not, until we face God. He is the only true and righteous, One.

Look today for the little things God does for us. Just as the squirrels and birds bring me joy, find things through out the day to find joy. True joy doesn’t come from money and material things. It comes with a right relationship with Jesus and little things that bring a smile to our face.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 9, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

This morning did not start out well. I woke up with Colitis issues. I dropped my tablet on my lip and busted it. Then I had a pity party for about 10 minutes. God helped me to realize how blessed I am. I am not a morning person and waking up sick is not my favorite thing, but I woke up. I have a new day to do God’s will. I am blessed to be retired so I can take nap later.

When we have bad times, take some time to feel sorrow. We are human beings and physical and emotional pain, hurts. Then step back and remember our blessings. We can choose to dwell on the bad, or we can remember the so many good things we have in our lives.

The beginning of our day does not have to define the whole day. When we step back and our grateful, when we praise God in the midst of embarrassment over our physical and emotional issues, we can be at peace in the midst of the storm.
It is so tempting to say no one understand our issues. That is a lie from the devil. The Bible says there is noting new under the sun. No matter our health issues, others are walking the same road and suffering the same pain and discomfort.
We decide whether to become bitter or if we praise God in the midst of the storm, is when we can suffer in peace.

I share my issues not for pity but to encourage others who are suffering variety of physical and emotional issues. You do not have to walk through your dark valley alone. God tells is to call out to Him and He will come and walk with us. We can choose to think we have it made or we can admit our weakness and seek God’s help. Trying to stand on our own strength does not make us a strong person. Admitting when we need help is a sign of strength.

Be blessed and remember whatever you are going through at the moment God wants to walk by our side, encouraging us with each step. Lay aside pride and admit we need God’s help and call out to Him. He will answer and He will come to be with us, every step.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 10, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

It is 4:36 a.m. and my body is keeping me awake. There is something peaceful about being awake through the night. In the midst of the physical pain I am at peace. I lay here listening to the gentle rainfall and I think of my many blessings. At this moment I choose not to dwell on the discomfort and pain, but instead think of the goodness of our Heavenly Father.

I am reminded of the old Hymn: “Count your blessings”. When we start naming our many blessings, our hearts can be joyful. When we reject the temptation to dwell on our losses and our burdens, we can relaxed in the peacefulness of the moment.

There is no point of agonizing over why we are suffering. The answer will probably not be know into we get to Heaven. Then we will be so overwhelmed with the majesty of God that our earthly problems will disappear like the mist when the sun shines through the clouds.

In these times if we grow closer to God, we will feel His love overcome the doubts and fears we have. As we lean into His love our burdens lighten, because our focus becomes on our Savior and not our present situation. As we begin to pray for others, our steps become lighter and hope like a little sprig grows out of the darkness and despair of our lives. We can stop cursing the darkness and rejoice in new life coming up in our spiritual walk with our God and Father.

As the sprig grows we can begin to silent singing praises to God, even from our sick bed. “What a Mighty God We Serve” is not just words but a love letter from our heart to God. From the midst of our suffering we can offer up a song of praise to Jesus, who lived and died for our sins.

Although we pray for healing, our faith is not based on whether God chooses to bless us with healing in this world or in Heaven. We know no matter what we are growing through, we are not walking alone. When everyone else is asleep, we can have a quiet praise and prayer time, to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We can lay aside the question of why and honestly pray for God’s Will in our lives.

Whatever His will is, we can bear it in peace. Of course there will be times of doubts and despair, but we take our burdens to God and seek His help so that we can walk worthy of the Mission God has given us. Oh that God may say to us: “Well done my servant”. Every day let us pray that God will teach us how to be faithful to His Mission and to His Will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 11, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

It is 3 a.m. and awake with health issues. As I have begin to stop fretting and pushing back against sleep issues, I am finding these early hours, peaceful. I enjoy talking to God and praying for others. Then I play a few computers games. What a joy it is to relax in the presence of my Heavenly Father!

So many of us with health issues have trouble sleeping. I am blessed that when I do manage to sleep, I can sleep into the afternoon. This may be my new normal. As long as God is with me, I am at peace. I don’t remember words of songs, so I sing snippets of several hymns and praise and worship songs. I feel God’s presence in the midst of my singing.

Poor Hubby is falling several times a day, lately. He could use your prayers.
As we age we are both growing physically weaker. We depend more on each other and more on God. There is no one better One to lean on than Jesus our Savior.
Maybe health issues are away of God, getting us to rest more.

There is an old joke that says: “I am surprised how old my friends are getting to be who are the age I am”. Growing older is a gift from God. Instead fighting against growing older, let us grow older with grace and dignity. Keeping God ad our leader and protector.

Have a blessed Sunday and rejoice in His amazing love for us. We do serve a mighty God
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 12, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

There is so many tiny birds in the tree in my neighbor’s yard, they look like flowers. At one feeder is a female Cardinal and the male Cardinal waiting. Such a pleasure for me to see God’s handy work right in front of my living room window.

In life there are times that our troubles, seem to hide God from us. God has not moved. What has happened is we have turned our focus from God to our troubles. The longer time we focus on our troubles, the bigger they will grow, and the smaller God will shrink, in our eyes.

There are no doubts that there are huge troubles we grow through. I would never belittle anyone’s troubles. Remember then, that God spoke the universe into existence, He can walk us through our troubles. Of course we would like for God to remove our troubles immediately. There are rare times that He does this. Most of the time, God wants us to be with us daily as we walk through our troubles.

Think about this. After we have gone through a long hard battle, when we look back before the trouble, we will find that we have grown spiritually. That we have grown kinder and sweeter because of the battle. If we are the same after the battle then before, that is a terrible shame. Maybe it is because we were determined to go through the battle alone. God calls out to us, to depend on Him, to seek His help. Or worse, we have become bitter and angry. At this point we must seek forgiveness and ask God to guide us in His way. How sad it would be to go through a battle and become not a better person through it! May God help us not to be so self reliant.

No matter where God has you walking today, singing praises to our Heavenly Father. Show reverence and respect to the God who created all things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 13, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Awake and listening to the train whistle. Hubby retired from the railroad, except for the long hours, he loved his job. My mama lived closed to a railroad track and she said the train whistle made her sad. Hubby loved train sound. We all have different personalities and different thing make us sad or happy.

One thing we all had in common was that Jesus died to save all from sin. He died to safe us from eternity in hell. Sadly all will not accept His precious gift.

Romans 3:23 King James Version (KJV) 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1 John 1:9 King James Version (KJV)9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Salvation is not free. Jesus paid for salvation with His old blood poured out on the altar for all mankind. Yet some turn away from this gift. There is so many reasons that people give for refusing this gift. Pride is often the reason. Men and women want to live life on their own with no help and no one telling them what to.

The reality salvation doesn’t take away our freedom. It adds freedom in Christ.

Galatians 5:1 King James Version (KJV)5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

The biggest mistake we can ever make is to keep putting off salvation. No one know what tomorrow holds. The future can be gone like a leave floating in the wind. When it is your time to face God, are you ready to stand before Him to defend your self? When we accept Jesus, He is an advocate for us to the Father.

And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1 John 2:1

Our salvation is just too important to delay and neglect. Today is the day of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 14, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Ephesians 5:22-33 New International Version (NIV)
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Before God created the Church. He created marriage. Marriage is the closest thing there is to the love between God and His Children. Marriage is not the end to courtship, but the beginning of a lifetime commitment to one another. No marriage is perfect,and we learn how to be a good mate through trials and hardship. To have a successful marriage we must go into marriage with a life time commitment.

We honor our commitment to one another, by not putting ourselves in a position where an outsider can break our bond between one another. Protecting and honoring should be the second most important job we have, followed only after our commitment to God.

God wants us to have a healthy and successful marriage. We do this when we seek the guidance of God. We will have bad patches in our marriage. There will be times that our mate will say stupid stuff, forget important dates, leave a room a mess. Just as God is patient with us let us be patient with our mate.

Hope you and your mate have something special planned for today. We have had to reschedule ourselves because my tummy is being ornery. I have homemade chicken noodle soup cooking and we can watch a movie at home.

For those of you whose mate has passed on to Heaven, do something nice for yourself, in their memory. Go out to eat and go see a movie.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

The bird feeders are ready but no birds yet. Sitting and waiting on them. How often my friend, does God have to wait for us to call for help? We think why doesn’t God just step in and change things. God has given us freedom to choose our own decisions. Is it not our own fault, if we allow stubbornness and pride, keep us from seeking help? Do we want to live our whole spiritual life, as a bottle fed believers?

God want to help us. We just need to seek His help and guidance. There is a big difference between seeking guidance and help from God and us refusing to do anything. Do not wait until you have painted yourself into a corner to seek God’s help.

As we walk daily with God, we form a close companionship with Almighty God. What is more marvelous then a friendship with our Heavenly Father! God knows everything about us. We do not have to pretend around God. He knows all the good and the bad, and yet He loves us enough, to die for our sins. Let us not cheat ourselves out of a great relationship with God by not seeking His face and His companionship every day. Before we get out bed each day, talk to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 16, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

It is almost 7:30 a.m. and I have been awake since before 6 hurting. So many of my friends and loved ones suffer from chronic pain. Pain becomes such a part of our daily lives, that pain is almost like an extra body part. Do we ever get used to it? In a way, yes. We reach a point that pain at the moment we wake up is a reminder we are still alive.

Is there anything positive about pain that wakes you and keeps you awake? Yes, it can be. Time awake can be used to talk to God and meditate on His great love for us. “Here I am, God, awake and hurting, so let’s talk.” We talk and then we silently listen to God. As we silently wait, God brings those to our minds to pray for. Praying for others when our bodies are suffering: What a concept?”

Yet, as we pray for others, our focus goes to God and others as we release our needs to Jesus. When our faith for our own healing is weak, our faith in God healing others, grows stronger. This is a good thing. As we communicate with
Our Heavenly Father, we begin to ease into peace of mind and heart.

Pain is apart of our lives, but it does not define us as a person. Nor does pain mean our faith and spiritual life is in danger. Strong Christians do suffer pain. We do not gage our spiritual health, by whether our bodies are healthy are not. It is our reaction to pain, that can showcase our spiritual health. Are we bitter and angry. God forbid! Never judge another Christian by their physical health. Even sinners can have perfect bodies and health. This body is a temporary house, that with age, often acquires illnesses and diseases. We run this race in pain and with sorrows, looking forward to our glorified bodies, which no disease, illness, or death, will ever touch.

As we await the day we see Jesus, face to face, we live in faith for our new bodies, and our new home in Heaven. Stay focused on our future in Heaven and trust God to be with us today.
Betty

Listening to the birds sing. I love it

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 17, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

This week some of the ladies on the View, compared Christianity, to mental illness. Joy Behar, considers herself a staunch democrat and a practicing Catholic. Catholic people believe that the Pope is God’s spokesperson on earth and that he literally speaks for God has the power to forgive sins. We know only God can forgive sins and not men or women. When our Vice President said that God speaks to him, she lashed out at him publicly like a rabid dog. God does speak to His children in many ways: through nature, through words from others, and through a quiet voice in our hearts.

Maybe it is because to admit that God is talking to mankind, she would have to admit that when God whispers in our ears that something is a sin, He means it.
To run under the podium of Democrats, you have to support that abortion should not only be legal but it is a righteous deed. She said in a speech last year when she spoke at a Planned Parent Center, that she was doing God’s work.

The God of the Bible would never support the killing of an unborn baby. I do believe that she no longer hears the voice of God.

Matthew 13:15 King James Version (KJV) 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

When a person refuses to hear the voice of God, because they do not want to be convicted, the Holy Spirit will reach a place that, He walks away from a person, for good. A person who grew up being taught right from wrong but refuses to listen to God, because their desire for power and popularity of mankind, has given their heart over to a depraved mind.

Romans 1:26-32 King James Version (KJV)
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Publicly supporting abortion, is supporting murder of the unborn. Calling working for Planned Parenthood, God’s work, is a lie from the pit of hell. All over the world unborn babies are sacrificed at the altar of inconvenience.

Calling Christianity a mental illness is just the first step towards persecution of Christians. Some politicians already have asked the question, if Christians should be allowed to run for office. You cannot run for office or seek a new job and hide your faith and be right with God.

Matthew 10:33 King James Version (KJV)33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

You cannot live a Christian live privately and publicly proclaim sin as a righteous deed.

Joshua 24:15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

We cannot run around with sinful people all week and go to Church on Sunday and be righteous.

Matthew 6:24 King James Version (KJV)24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

If the Lord tarries, there is coming a day that we may have to publicly declare Jesus as our Savior. There will come a day that there is no going back for denying our faith in Jesus. Just remember there is nothing to be gained on earth that is worth an eternity in hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 18, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Guilt

Guilt, past or present can derail us from the work God wants to do through us. Have you ever been laying in bed at night and out of the blue, the devil reminds you of something you did 25 plus years ago? You have sought forgiveness and obtained forgiveness years ago, too. The devil wants to have you fretting and worrying to the point that you cannot sleep. You spend half the night wondering what you could have done differently to prevented the sin and the other half, begging for forgiveness for a sin that has already been forgiven. Then you start to worry that you are not ‘good’ enough to work for God.

The devil has accomplished his mission. First of all, no one is good enough for God. He saves and redeems us so that He can welcome us into His family. His blood brings salvation to us, so that we can work for God. Second, we cannot go back in time and undo what is done. Think of this, while God wants none of us to sin, God often uses our past to help others. God never causes us to sin, EVER.
But, instead of throwing us away like a broken toy, He takes our brokenness and uses it to help us grow spiritually.

Let us not grief and torture ourselves over sins of the past, that have been covered by the blood of Christ. When the devil brings things up from the past, remind the old devil, God has forgiven and redeemed us and then refuse to think about it.

What about present sins? We seek forgiveness and make amends, where possible and move on. What if a loved one had committed a sin against you and asked your forgiveness, came and told you that they had not eaten in a week because of guilt? Would you not want to shake them like a doll and reminded them that you had already forgave them? You would be heartbroken that someone you loved was suffering over something that you had already forgiven and had moved on. We do this with God. God forgives us and we allow guilt take away our peace.

Seek forgiveness for your sins. Make amends when you can and move on. Let’s face it, we make enough mistakes and commit sins in our present so we do not need to make ourselves sick over past sins. There is no need to make our selves sick over any sin. We seek forgiveness and lay our sins and our guilt at Jesus feet.

There will be times that we sow fruit from past sins. Instead of allowing guilt to cripple us, we pray every day for those we hurt by our sins. We pray that God will keep us on the right path and we seek His perfect peace. Every person on earth has been affected in some way by the sins of others. We must not allow hurt and bitterness to grow in our hearts because of this. We forgive others, we forgive ourselves, and we pray for peace for them and us.

Guilt is not always bad. Guilt convicts us when we have committed a sin and have walked off the path we walk with God. Guilt is not meant to be used to beat us half to death. It is meant to stop us in our tracks. We seek God for where we have sinned and turned away from Him. We seek God’s forgiveness and then we turn away from our sins. Asking forgiveness and then going back to the sin does not bring repentance nor forgiveness. We MUST turn away from the sin. Walk away and leave it behind.

Guilt is useful but true repentance and forgiveness is where we want to be. Do not ask God to bless you in your sins. Leave your sins and walk in the righteousness of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 19, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

This last week, when Joy Beher, on the view, accused Christianity of being a mental illness, I was upset, as was many. When I got up today and started my chores, I begin to think about this. I felt God speak into my heart that this was no accident that led Joy to her conclusions.

The devil is working hard to prepare the world to think of Christianity as a mental illness that people must be cured of are be put down. You might say that is extreme. The Bible makes it clear that people will be executed for their faith in God,during the tribulation. If the rapture happened today, the world not accept the killing of thousands and thousands. The devil will use people like Joy to exclaim that Christians are mentally ill and they must be hospitalized against their will to be cured. When they are not cured from their faith they will slowly be euthanized. At the mid of the tribulation the Bible says the anti Christ will demand that all people worship him. Anyone who refuses will be publicly executed. This way, people will be terrified of not worshipping the anti Christ.

Christians, we need to realize that the world is preparing itself for this one world evil leader. Just as Hitler convinced Germany that all their problems were caused by the Jews, the anti Christ will convince people that the earth will turn into Heaven, when all those who refuse to worship him, are murdered.

What do we do now? We keep going about our jobs but we pray more for the lost. We ask God to prepare our hearts and help us grow spiritually. When people like Joy seeks to demonize Christianity, we remember she is being controlled by Satan. We should pray for her eyes to be opened to the truth.

Only God knows when the rapture will happen so we prepare for tomorrow but we live our life in a way that is pleasing to God. We daily ask forgiveness for our sins. Some people say don't think about the rapture, they say, it will happen when it does. Yes that is true but Jesus told the Church, when these things happen look up, because your redemption is coming soon.

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

For now, let us pray that God will guide us in the work that He wants us to accomplish. With the Holy Spirit living us, we can be that beacon of light that points the lost souls to Jesus.
Betty

Blessed to have a pair of doves at one of the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 20, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

“No One Understands Me, Like Jesus”

I grew up in a loving home and both mom and dad worked hard to meet our needs. Feelings though were never actually addressed. I never remember a time either parent, told us not to talk about our feelings, yet feelings were not the normal discussion. Our physical needs were taking care of and we went to Church, regularly for our Spiritual needs.

The year, before my dad,he often told me his favorite song was: “No one understands me like Jesus. Dad and Mom were raised to be strong and stand on their own two feet. As dad grew frail, he begin to grow tired and weary. He needed Jesus to hold on to him. If I could go back to one of those days, I would wrap my arms around my dad and tell him that it was okay, not to always be strong. I would offer to listen to his needs and help him carry his burdens.
I never heard dad pray out loud, but just as the song says, I believe dad found comfort in quiet prayer.

I am like my parents. I hate to be a bother. Even at a restaurant, when the waitperson ask if I need anything, I have often said no, when my drink is empty.
I have eaten food that was cold or taste odd, rather then bring it to anyone’s attention.

We can be that way with God. We can be stumbling and feel as if we are over come by our needs and yet not seek God’s help. What does the Bible say about that?

(Jam 4:2) Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

(Luk 11:9) And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

1Jo 5:14) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
(Psa 37:4-5) Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

1Jo 5:14) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
(Psa 37:4-5) Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

There is no reward in Heaven for trying to live out our lives, without ever asking God for help. This doesn’t meant we sit at home asking God to meet our needs without us working. It means asking God to bless the work that we do with our hands. We pray for God to open doors for us to work and prosper.
We just do not want to allow pride to keep us from sharing our needs with God. A good Christians friendship, is one where we pray for one another. It is okay to say we are struggling and seek prayer. Do not allow self pride or the fear of embarrassment to allow us to hide our needs and our pain.

While it is true that no one can ever understand us like God, it is also okay to ask for help from God and others.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement