Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Joyce Meyer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Joyce Meyer
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does seem that if there is some visable measure of faith that can be seen by another, it would be the same for a Watchman Nee who spent his life in prison and in poverty for the Gospel as it is for a Joyce Meyer, doesn't it?

Somehow I would venture that it never would have occured to Nee to desire to stand on the pulpit as the most popular Bible teacher in America or to live in home equal in value to today's 2 million dollar home.

Do you think may that is why Jesus says when he comes his reward is with him?

James 5:1 ¶ Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain

8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

12 ¶ But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watcher, although I am not an admirer of JM, she did publicly retract those statements she made and said she will no longer teach that.

She says she no longer believes or teaches that.Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.afcministry.com/Joyce_Meyers.htm

Concerning being born again and what is required to be saved we see Joyce Meyer teaching :

"Believe...what the Bible says."

That when Jesus was on the cross He did not stay dead but went to hell.

That Jesus went to hell in our place because that is where we deserved to go.

That God would do whatever it took to free His people.

That there is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth, meaning what Jesus did to make atonement for sins.

That a person must believe in their heart that Jesus took their place on the cross, He died spiritually, (implied) was separated from the Father, tormented by demons in hell, (1991-Edition) Jesus is the first born again man. (1991-Edition)

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hisgrace, is okay to question one's teachings and see if they align up with scripture?

Joyce constantly nags at Christians to support her and her "ministry"- constantly!!
The Bible says that the issues of the heart will proceed out of the mouth. Where our treasure is, so will our heart be.
Joyce Meyers treasures the treasures of this world- she is blatant and boasting about this publicly! She has opened herself up to scrutiny of not only Christians, but the whole world. No one can have it both ways! We either serve mammon or God, and our beliefs in what we serve will be manifested for the whole world to see- even more for a "public figure".

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Through sister Joyce Myers, many people have been saved and also healed from emotional hurts.

Amen - I love Joyce Meyer because her sermons are not only for everyone else, but she says they are for herself as well.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Through Joyce Meyer have been led astray, and many have thrown good money away buying her and hers fancy cars and hugh fancy homes.

Joyce Meyer says GOD has made her rich

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...B?OpenDocument

Summary: From Fenton to fame
By Carolyn Tuft and Bill Smith
Post-Dispatch
11/13/2003

Tahnee Jones (left) and Betty Jones, pray at a Joyce Meyer's Life in the Word in Atlanta in August.
(Robert Cohen/P-D)

Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich.

Everything she has came from Him: the $10 million corporate jet, her husband's $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children -- all blessings, she says, straight from the hand of God.

It's been an amazing run, nothing short of a miracle, says Meyer, a one-time bookkeeper who heads one of the world's largest television ministries. Her Life in the Word organization expects to take in $95 million this year.

Just look around, she told reporters last month from behind her desk on the third floor of the ministry's corporate offices in Jefferson County.

``Here I am, an ex-housewife from Fenton, with a 12th-grade education,'' she said. ``How could anybody look at this and see anything other than God?''
In many ways, Joyce Meyer is an American Cinderella.

Describing herself as sexually abused when she was a girl and neglected and abandoned as a young wife, Meyer has remade herself into one of the nation's best-known and best-paid TV preachers. She has taken her ``prosperity through faith'' message to millions.

"If you stay in your faith, you are going to get paid,'' Meyer told an audience in Detroit in September. ``I'm living now in my reward."

Meyer, 60 and a grandmother, runs the ministry with her husband, Dave, and the couple's four children. All of the family, including the children's spouses, draw paychecks from the ministry.

But the way Meyer spends her ministry's money on herself and her family may violate federal law, legal and tax experts say. That law bars leaders of non-profits -- religious groups and other charities -- from privately benefiting from the tax-free money they raise.

Last month, Wall Watchers, a watchdog group that monitors the finances of large Christian groups, called on the Internal Revenue Service to investigate Meyer and six other TV preachers to find out whether their tax-exempt status should be revoked.

Meyer and her lawyer say she scrupulously abides by all federal laws.

Meyer's rise to prominence followed years of struggle. But by 1998, Charisma & Christian Life magazine was calling her ``America's most popular woman minister.''

Last year, Meyer was the keynote speaker at the Christian Coalition's Road to Victory tour, a gathering of some of the nation's most influential conservative leaders.

And today, her TV shows, regional conferences and fund raising from her Web site bring an average $8 million a month to her ministry. Of that, the ministry says it spends about 10 percent -- $880,000 a month -- on charitable works around the globe.

Her star has risen so high and so fast that it amazes even Meyer.

``Dave and I feel almost like, `Can this really be us?''` she said. ``We feel like we're the most blessed and honored people on the face of the Earth.''
Meyer's ministry stretches around the globe.

From a 15-minute St. Louis-area radio show in 1983, it has spread to virtually every corner of the civilized world, largely through the reach of satellite and cable transmissions and the Internet.

She says the ministry gets 15,000 letters a month from India alone.

In September, an Arabic language translation of her program began airing six times a day on the Life Channel network in the Middle East. Meyer hopes to use the network to bring the message of Christianity to 31 Islamic nations.

Meyer and her husband say the ministry has the potential to reach 2.5 billion people every weekday.

The couple's recent slogan, printed on posters in the ministry's headquarters and on banners at its conferences, sets out an ambitious goal for the future: ``Every nation, every city, every day.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it was the Lord who indeed made her rich, then perhaps she should give a large portion of it to the poor and needy.

a few scriptures that came to mind:

you cannot serve God and riches:

Matt 6:24 - No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
-
-
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Mar 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Mar 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Mar 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Quote:
``If you stay in your faith, you are going to get paid,''

well according to meyers I have no faith at all, becauseI am dirt poor. gimmie a break!
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Watcher

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Through sister Joyce Myers, many people have been saved and also healed from emotional hurts.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trademark: Meyer is well known for her claims of being able to live a sinfree life. She parrots the atonement atrocities authored by Kenneth Copeland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cross wasn't enough, Jesus redeemed us in hell
"And you've got to really glean some things out of the Word of God to really get hold of what He [Jesus] did for you during those three days. Jesus said, 'It is finished.' And He meant the Old Covenant. The job He had to do was just getting started. He really did the job the three days and nights that He was in hell. That's where the job was done."

Joyce Meyer (What Happened from the Cross to The Throne? audio)

"He was pronounced guilty on the cross but He paid the price in hell."

"There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell"

Joyce Meyer ("The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make", 1991 pg. 3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus was the first born again man
"God rose up from His throne and said to demon powers tormenting the sinless Son of God, 'Let Him go.' Then the resurrection power of Almighty God went through hell and filled Jesus. He was resurrected from the dead -- the first born-again man"

Joyce Meyer ("The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make", 1991 pg. 36)

Above Reproach - testing their spirits
"The Bible can't even find any way to explain this. Not really. That's why you've got to get it by revelation. There are no words to explain what I'm telling you. I've got to just trust God that He's putting it into your spirit like He put it into mine."

Meyer says "that the changed lives are proof enough," that she's "anointed by God to do what I'm doing."

Joyce Meyer (Charisma, pg. 55)

I'm sinfree!
"I'm going to tell you something folks, I didn't stop sinning until I finally got it through my thick head I wasn't a sinner anymore. And the religious world thinks that's heresy and they want to hang you for it. But the Bible says that I'm righteous and I can't be righteous and be a sinner at the same time. All I was ever taught to say was, 'I'm a poor, miserable sinner.' I am not poor, I am not miserable and I am not a sinner. That is a lie from the pit of hell. That is what I was and if I still am then Jesus died in vain. Amen?"

"I might as well go and smack Him right in the face if I'm going to go around and feel guilty and condemned. Every time you feel guilty and condemned it's just like slapping Him in the face and saying, You didn't do a good job. You didn't do a complete job. I'm an old rotten this and I'm an old rotten that."

Angels tell me what to say
"Now spirits don't have bodies, so we can't see them. Okay? There probably is, I believe there is, and I certainly hope there is several angels up here this morning that are preaching with me. I believe that right before I speak some anointed statement to you, that one of them bends over and says in my ear what I'm supposed to say to you."

Joyce Meyer (Witchcraft & Related Spirits (Part 1) - 2 A-27 Audiotape)

Research Links
http://www.discernment.org/Charismania/joyce.htm
http://www.pfo.org/preacher.htm

--------------------
Watcher

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement