Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » ??

Author Topic: ??
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A four year difference is not that bad... when you're older (ironically, TexasGrandma, you *must* have some sort of inside info ^_^. My husband and I are 30 and 26, respectively ^_~ ). But consider that she has *just* become a teen, and has quite a bit of maturing to do (not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well) whereas you are nearly an adult, with little maturing left.

Anything that would merely hurt a girl that is your peer (say, such as an arguement or a break-up) might be scarring to a girl that's much your junior.

As you get older, age differences matter less, especially when both are adults. But while you are yet youths, it does matter, quite a bit. I wish to bring up my grandparents, for an example. Had they have met as children, my grandma would have been in 5th or 6th grade the day my grandpa was born, and she'd have been 2 years out of High School when he was in 5th grade. Yet, during their marriage, it mattered less, and became a non-issue as they aged. It sounds freaky for a ten-year old to date a newborn, doesn't it? What about a 15 year old to date a 5 year old? A little less weird (but still severely pushing the limits) for a 20 year old to date a 10 year old... but an 80 year old married to a 70 year old becomes a non-issue.

If you really like this girl, try again several years from now. She will be more mature, and the playing field will be more level (ie she won't be fighting the urge to braid doll's hair while you're working on your car).

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest you pray that God will bring you someone your own age. I know it is hard at your age to understand, but when you are 17, a 4 year age difference is way different than someone who is 30 and 26. It sounds unfair but it is right. A 13 year old for one thing is too young to date.
I think it is woundeful that you seek guidance and have a open heart to instruction. God will bless for this. God has someone for you.
God bless you, honey.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh
Member # 3711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alright, theres this girl that i saw while i was at my friends graduation party, then i saw
her the next day at church, and shes really pretty and everything, but the downside is
shes like 4 yrs younger than me, im 17. But if the relationship would be Godly, would
it really be that bad. and another weird thing, i dont even know her, just saw her the one
day at the grad. party and that night i had a dream w/ her in it already, it was really weird.
well any advice is welcome, thanks.

Posts: 3 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement