Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » What area has God called you to do to further His kingdom? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What area has God called you to do to further His kingdom?
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheech,

You are quite welcome. Please fee free to post in this thread any time.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the welcome [Smile] I've been reading alot on this BBS and sometimes forget exactly where I've posted so it takes me time to find it [Wink] Old age perhaps? hehehe [Smile]

I know I've talked about having dreams sometimes, but I also have to be careful as just as God can use them to get my attention so can the opposite happen. If something doesn't seem right and doesn't go along with God's word then it isn't from God. I can be kind of a dense person sometimes and my mind is always occupied during the day so I think the only time I shut up long enough to listen is when I go to sleep [Razz] . On a whole I see dreams as our minds way of dealing with things we don't deal with during the day, but on occasion when we don't keep quiet long enough to listen...God just seems to send one of those dreams [Wink]

Well enough about my mind...hahaha [Smile] Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome [Smile]

cheech

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Are there any others who would like to share what God has called them to do? Please feel free to do so.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Cheech,

Please feel welcome to continue to share in this thread any of the other ways not mentioned that you are helping God to further His Kingdom. I appreciate very much your sharing with us and I also appreciate very much everyone who has shared their testimony here. I hope that others will for I know there are others on this board who have great testimonies also! God bless each and every one!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheech, that was Awsome! Thank you for sharing that with us! It's really edifying to see the different parts of the body working [Smile] Yours is such a precious gift (they all are, but Helps and Mercy are Sorely Needed!).

God Bless you and your family! May he strengthen you and use you mightely in your Service to Him and His Children. In Jesus Name, Amen.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Cheech,

I want to thank you just ever so much for your great testimony and sharing with us just what God has called you to do to help further His Kingdom! I've truly enjoyed reading everything you've had to say and I totally understand exactly what you mean by helping others. God is using you in a mighty way! I also totally understand what you mean when you said sometimes you know exactly what your dreams mean for I've had the same thing happen to me! God is really blessing you and He will continue to do so! Again thank you very much, also thank you very much for your words of encouragement, and God bless you very much!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 7 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello [Smile] I'm pretty new here but I'd like to answer your question.

I have always felt that I was called to help others. Not just doing nice things, but really help. My grandparents came over from the old country (Italy) and my grandmother was a very spiritual, remarkable woman who fed the hungry and was able to heal people. Let me explain that...she could do the things that doctors could but no one knew how because she never went to college or was really trained for it. She helped those in her town and came to the U.S. and continued helping those in her area. When a couple of her children asked her to teach them, she would say in Italian "I can't...it's a gift". A doctor wanted her to work with him and wanted her to go to school but she wouldn't do it because she would have to charge money and she didn't want to do that.

Well...I have always felt that type of connection to serving others. She died when I was 3 months old, but my urge to help others had increased through the years. I finally quit my job after almost 3 years of being miserable as I wasn't helping others as I had started out doing. I was too stubborn to quit thoguh. I was so miserable and felt such an urge that I finally quit. I began helping out our church more and I couldn't be happier. When I quit, I told God I wanted to help his people more and I can only tell you that if you tell God that...he's not gonna take those words lightly! Since I quit last year, I have been bringing people to their doctor's appointments, listened to their problems and have helped them in many ways. I've had many people talk with me, saying "I don't know why I'm telling you this, but..." and will go on about their problems. Our outreach pastor retired last week but she thanked me saying I have taken over a big part of her job...reaching out to others and helping them. She even said I freed up alot of her time as alot of people call me now instead of her [Wink] I don't mind [Smile] Over the last too months our church has started a recovery program and it covers all different problems...chemical dependancy, depression/anxiety, gambling, grief, anger, etc. I am most familiar with depression and anxiety as I have suffered from both. I can't tell you how happy I am working in this program! I get to let people know how much God can help them if they just give him a chance!

My husband feels the pulling from God also and I can see it in my teenage daughter as well. She is more like me. I have had many dreams of either protecting others from "evil" things (funny how you can tell these things in a dream...goosebumps!) or lately I've had dreams of me leading people either to a flock of sheep or to other places. Dreams don't always mean what you think, but there are those that really stand out and you know exactly what they mean. I am a dreamer. I guess I don't keep quiet long enough during the day for God to talk to me so he has to reach me in my dreams [Wink]

Well...sorry for the book...just wanted to add my 2 pennies [Smile] I loved your stories gramajo...you are truly blessed and God is working through you [Smile]

Take care and God Bless [Smile]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

I pray that some others will share what their calling is in furthering God's Kingdom.

n Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
You have a calling Greg; we all have a calling! To be conformed into the image of HIS precious Son, what greater calling could there be in all the earth? So, Here is to your calling brother Greg! [thumbsup2]

HFHS, please check PM's. [Smile]

Aaron

Gramajo320
unregistered

Helpforhomeschooler,

Amen to your posting and God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a calling Greg; we all have a calling! To be conformed into the image of HIS precious Son, what greater calling could there be in all the earth? So, Here is to your calling brother Greg! [thumbsup2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Greg,

Thank you very much for your posting. It is very much appreciated. Yes you will definitely come to know just what your calling is!

God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a calling at the moment. But saomeday I will.

greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Mother of 3,

When you want to please post in this thread what you feel is your calling to help further God's Kingdom. Thank you for sharing with us!

I truly hope that some others will share also.

God bless!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mother of 3

I have trouble praying for myself. But, I will try to remember to do that. I always trust others pray for me more than prayers I say for myself. I don't know if it is a self esteem issue or what. Speaking of prayers, I appreciate everyone here and them taking the time to pray for me.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Mother of 3,

Thank you for your -posting. Would you like to share by posting what you feel and believe that God has called you to do?

Texas Grandma's praying for others is very important for prayer warriors are most definitely needed!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

mother of 3
Community Member
Member # 4560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mother of 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
[QB] I am struggling to find my calling at the moment.

If I were you everytime that I pray for someone I would also pray for myself and ask God what is my purpose, what did you put me here to do? Soon the answer will come.

Posts: 8 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

I hope that there will be more of you who will share with us and post in this thread!

God bless each of you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

Thank you very much again for sharing what God has called you to do to help further the work of His Kingdom! Praying for others is most assuredly very important and it's great that you are called to do that and it's also great that you discern when others are needing prayer!

God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

WParr,

Thank you very much for posting where you'll be taking your training for it's deeply appreciated!
Please continue to post to let us know how you and your wife are doing and we look forward to hearing your news! Your calling is a wonderful way to help to further God's Kingdom! God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Soft Touch for you encouraging words, they mean more to me that I can say in words. For several years when I hear a siren in the night and it wakes me, I feel led to pray for the person involved in the incident. Sometimes, at the store, the Lord will impresss upon my heart to pray for someone. Sometimes, I feel impressed to offer a kind word or just something encouraging to a stranger. I honestly want to be used by God for His glory.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I am struggling to find my calling at the moment.

At the moment, I seem to be limited to praying for people. Which I realize is good to pray for people. I just don't know what my purpose is at the moment.

((((Betty [hug] )))))

This has been on my heart since I first read it. Perhaps the Lord has called you to be a "Prayer Warrior" (that's what they called them at Son of David, I don't know if that's a Biblical name?). I think that is a Wonderful calling! To be willing to offer up prayer for others, to care deeply about their needs, others are Blessed by your faithfulness to God's call. Praying may be something we all do, but there are those in the body who are moved to it more often by God for HIS purposes. I've known you for a long time now and I know you have a Loving and Caring heart! Be encouraged Sis! This calling is So Needed!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

That is so cool. My dad drove a truck for a short time after the steel company he worked for closed. He had to quit whe he lost most of his hearing.

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are going to Hume Lake, east of Fresno.

We will be there from MAy 14-19

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

WParr,

Thank you very much for your great testimony and sharing with us just what God has called you to do to further the work of His Kingdom! If you should be called to be a truck stop chaplain in our vicinity I'm certain you and your wife would enjoy it here very much. It's beautiful country here also. What part of CA will you be taking your training?
Our prayers are with you and your wife and God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I will pray for you Bro!

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I would have to say that God is calling me to be a truck stop chaplain.

I'm just a volunter right now, but my wife and I are putting our application to become full time chaplains.

This will take a little while (?) because I have to wait untill the new staff chplain moves to Denver from Ohio (June maybe) to complete our training.

Then we have to raise our own support.

We are going to a chaplain's conference in California in May.

Don't know where we'll end up serving, where ever God wants us though. He keeps opening the horizon to more options. We are leaning towards Washington (out in your area Gramajo) just east of Seattle.

The only bragging I'm doing is on God because it has to be God to get me, at the age of 44, to look and plan on quitting a real good job (with an great retirement plan)to go full time into a ministry where I have to raise my own support.

It's DEFINATELY not me or my flesh wanting to do this

I'll need all the prayer I can get

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Roy,

It is wonderful that you are willing to work where you are most needed. My God bless you and your family and may He use you for His glory.
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Roy Jones,

I want to add my thank you very much also for your great testimony. It's wonderful that your calling to help further God's Kingdom is in the public school where it's so very much needed - especially these days! God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy thank you for your obedience.

Desi is back in public school now for high school and I am so thankful to live in a place where there are christians in the public school who feel that is is their calling to be there. I personally believe that public education has an agenda of humanism aand has had from its onset thanks to men like Dewy and that this agenda is anything but furthering the Kingdom of God.

I believe that the very best thing a parent can do when they can do it is to homeschool, but everyone cannot, and some who can don't and our children would be so much for the worse without Christians in Public education.

Additionally, the Christian exodus from public education that some in the faith have called for would be a horrible thing for the lost sheep of Jesus that are in the public school system. Can you imagine a world without light? That is what the public school system would be with out faithful Christian teachers.

So my brother PRAISE God for your faithfulness!!!!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy Jones
Community Member
Member # 4574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work in a public school.Today our public schools are infested by the powers of darkness. God has called me to be a light in the mist of this darkness. He has called me to be a witness and proclaim the saving power of Jesus Christ to my fellow workers,teachers, and students. I guess you might say God has posted me at the very gates of Hell. Thats exactly what Americas public schools have become.
God Bless!

Posts: 15 | From: Willcox Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Red Kermit, Aaron, Bat Elohim,

Thank you all very much for your postings! Each of you in your own way are indeed furthering the work of God's Kingdom and your sharing here is very much appreciated! God bless each of you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hadn't seen this thread til now.... but that doesn't really matter, as I don't know my calling.

My heart is for Israel and the Jewish people to turn to Messiah.

I am working towards being debt free because I feel like my "calling" may be to travel to other countries and spend my money helping with ministries around the world. I don't believe that I, myself, will have a ministry, but I hope to be supportive of others in their works.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

You and your husband have done a whole lot to further the work of God's Kingdom and you are still continuing to do His work in the ways that you can do so! Thank you so very much for your great testimony and God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I am struggling to find my calling at the moment.
When my sister was alive, I did the card mailing for the Church.

Then there was a period of 5 years hubby and I worked for the Christian Ministries in our town. But since we have moved our health has not allowed us to do this any more.

At the moment, I seem to be limited to praying for people. Which I realize is good to pray for people. I just don't know what my purpose is at the moment. Moving so far away from home, taking so long to find a home Church, has all made me feel like I am a fish out of water. We have joined a small care group at Church.

My struggle to find my spiritual idenity has kept me from posting to this thread for so long. It seems when I expose my vulerablity, that I am opening a new door for attacks. But, here I am.

--------------------

Aaron
unregistered

I am called to promote order in the Body of Christ.

Aaron

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what if you don't know what area God has called you to further His kingdom? I study the Bible, and I pray every day that God would lead me, but I can't think of anything that jumps out at me that is my "calling"...

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Laurie FL,

Thank you very much for your posting to share with us what it is that God has called you to do to help further His Kingdom. You have a great testimony also! God bless you always!

I pray that others will share in this thread also.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Helpforhomeschoolers,

Thank you very much for bumping this posting back on the board! I really appreciate it very much! God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

BUMP!
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, I seem to be called to minster to customers and employees at my bank. I meet people, I see thir problems and their hearts. I pray for them. I let them know I am praying for them and that God can help them. I send cards to suffering customers, offering them comfort and hope. I will probably get fired one day for being the teller that preached to the masses... haha

Last year, God told me He was sending me to Russia as a missionary. He placed a burden upon my heart for the orphans there especially, but also for the people whose spirits were crushed and twisted by atheistic Socialist Russia. I have not gone yet, but I do feel most of the past year and the experiences in it have been in preparation for such a thing. I am willing to go when the Lord feels I am ready and when He directs my path and opens the doors.

I am called to be a witness to my husband, not with my words but by the testimony of Christ transforming me daily into an image of Him.

I seem to be called to be a mentor and support for younger women.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Java,

Thank you very much for posting your testimony also and it's a great one! We will all continue to pray for the Lord to lay His healing hands upon you and to totally heal you of all of your cancer! We also will continue to pray for you that the Holy Spirit will lead you in the right direction to exactly the right place where you can get the help that you need! Please continue to let us know how you're doing! God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My call is rather serious and I fully accept it. check under testimonies...

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Soft Touch,

Thank you very much for your sharing with us just what it is that God has called you to do in helping further His Kingdom.

I pray that there will be others who will share their testimonies also!

God bless.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

God Bless You Gramajo, Ripp, and Linda & Hal for your faithfulness to God's Call on your lives. It's so Uplifting to read such wonderful testimonies! I know that None of you have spoken out of anything Less then perfect Love in Christ! PRAISE GOD!!! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
maybe people do not want to look like they are puffed up,

That's exactly why I've been hesitant to answer. I think about verses that warn us not to 'sound our own trumpets' (even though that's about giving... I think it still applies). I want to be sure that I'm practicing humility, and that can be awfully difficult to see when someone is reading words on a screen [Wink]

quote:
I believe that God has called me to be transformed into the image of his son, to pray with and for others, to teach, to preach, to set captives free, to be a witness of his faithfulness, grace, mercy,sufficiency, and sovereignty. In times past he has called me to counsel and to discern and to give warning. He has called me to raise children for him (3 of them); He has called me to be a help meet to my husband. He has called me here to help feed the flock and keep the wolves at bay.

Amen! I would agree with this myself except that I do not posess the gifts of Teaching or Evangelism (preaching). He (God) has also called me to raise Steven for HIM and to be a helpmeet to my husband.

quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
I believe that I have been called to be a watchman and to discern. These blessings are from the Father for His purpose through me. I am nothing without Him, I claim nothing in my name. All glory belongs to God the Father and by His Son by which I am saved. [Cross]

Amen to this as well! I too have been called to Watch and Discern. I have an increasing urgency within my spirit to shed Light on Darkness and Expose Deception.

I had a very Profound experience at a Christian Camp when I was 15. I grew up in the United Methodist Chruch and although they taught me about Jesus, they never mentioned the end times or even the book of Revelation. I had seen it at the end of my Bible, but I had never read it or paid much attention to it (Not many teens in the 1960's did). However, a bunch of us were sitting in one of the cabins and the conversation turned to "Revelation." I was hearing these things for the first time. Suddenly, I felt like a Bolt of lightening had struck the inside of my body and I 'heard' a loud voice in my head say: "YOU have something to do with this" (meaning the end-times). I had No Clue what that meant until around 1999. I had just came back (like the prodicals (sp??) son) to the Lord (who Called Me Back Verbally! I've shared this story before elsewhere here.) I can't remember what it was that started me researching Catholisim and it's beginnings and history, but that was the start of God's calling on my life to Expose Error.

I was a Very Poor Student in school. I still have trouble with knowing how to study and I've been praying for help in this area. Thank the LORD that HE has appointed other Watchers who do posess the ability to put their findings down in understandable articles (as I'm very bad with words!). I am called to 'diseminate' this information to all who will hear to help them see how the apostacy is happening and through what methods.

I have to repeat Brother Ripps words here as they echo my own heart:

These blessings are from the Father for His purpose through me. I am nothing without Him, I claim nothing in my name. All glory belongs to God the Father and by His Son by which I am saved. [Cross]

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Helpforhomeschoolers,

Thank you very much for all of your sharing! You and your husband both have great testimonies and I'm really enjoying your sharing in your posts! Yes we are to follow without any questions where God leads us to go and we are to do exactly what He wants us to do. Again all of the credit goes to God.

I think of two other occasions that I'd like to share with you. The first one occurred on my job. I was an office assistant to the manager of the office in the administrative office of a non-profit agency and at that time our door was always unlocked during working hours. One particular day a fellow walked in our reception area, stood not too far from my desk and he announced he had come there to kill us. He was waving his arms around trying to look quite threatning which just struck me to be very funny! I started laughing and the more he talked the more I laughed. I got up from my desk and stood right in front of him and asked him why did he want to kill us. His reply was that he didn't like any federal workers. I explained to him that we only received federal funds to help the poor and we weren't federal workers. Anyway I kept him talking while the office manager called the police who eventually arrived and escorted the man away. It turned out that he did have a gun. In situations like that the Holy Spirit always gives me the words to say and I know I'm fully protected by God so I have no fear.

The second occasion was that our church was having a revival and we had some flyers to hand out. This particular day was very hot in Coeur d'Alene, Id. The Holy Spirit reminded me I was to hand out those flyers and also told me that I was to go to the park where I would see a marine and to give flyers to him. So I walked the 3 miles to the park. I sat down on a bench and kept looking around. I had been there for almost an hour when I finally saw not just one marine but two of them by the beach. So I walked over to them and I gave them the flyers. The one marine told me he was going to hand them out to all the other marines he knew and also all of the marines he worked with and they both thanked me. I then walked home.

Both of my children do the same as I do and more as God and the Holy spirit leads them to help others in whatever way He wants them to do and also in what other areas He wants them to help further His Kingdom.

Please continue share more with me also for it's really wonderful to hear how you and your husband are led to help others and in what areas you help! God bless you both and your family very much, Linda!

I hope that some others will share also.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Oh grandma Jo, you have me in tears; what a fantastic testamony!!!! You must share more. I have to tell you that for me this is an extra special blessing because my husband is like you. He goes into a convenience store to buy a cup of coffee and without asking anything he comes out and knows the whole life story of the clerk! I go in and she says 42 cents thank you have a nice day!

My husband also has a passion and calling for helps; we met a girl when our daughter was in jail and she was walking to the jail to visit her husband and tagging 5 small children with her. My husband prayed about what we were to do for her, besides the rides that we gave, and God told him to give her a car. We did and I still see her tooling along in it. It was not a great car.. an old boat of a station wagon, but you would have thought we gave her a brand new caddy.

My husband lives to do these things; he listens to people; he looks for jobs on the internet for the disgruntled store manager, he sneaks into the electric company and pays a bill for someone who is late, or buys the groceries for the person in line ahead of him. Every where he goes he finds someone to bless in Jesus name. He is an evangelist of God's love.

He also has been used of God to lay on hands and heal; God uses us as a pair often in prayer. God will lay upon each of us individually a need and them confirm it between us when we talk. Or God will give me a vision of a person or place to go, where he then will use Hal to pray and lay hands for healing.

It is just awesome to know that you are like my husband in your calling and gifts. I think that the convenience store picture I gave you above is a good example of how God has shown me that this is indeed a gift. It is something I don't have. People do not talk to me out of the blue like with him and with you.

I hope you will share some more.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I have the same problem; it is funny because God showed me that verse last night. I have a very hard time when people say anything publically nice to me or about me here. I do not talk about how I am called to serve or what gifts I have. I am not comfortable with that. I figure that they will show if they are of God and others will know. I always feel that if I do anything good it is all him and when I fail miserably and do everything all wrong or bad it is all me. Dont look at me...look at him.

But last night, God showed me this verse and I think it was for this thread. We need to view this question not about us... but about him. What has he called you to do? It shows what God is doing. It is not about us but about what God is doing.

Paul shows this when he says he has been ordained...picked by God to do what God is doing in and through him.

When I say I am called to teach... I say God is teaching and God who is a rewarder of those who diligently seek has rewarded me with understanding so that I can share the blessing he has given me. That is what Paul did; he shared the blessing that he was given... that is what God does, he blesses me that I can bless. It is not about my knowing myself... it is about my knowing God and what God is doing in myself... that is what I share, that is my calling in the kingdom.

God has called you to watch and discern...because God is saying all these things must come to pass, watch.... now is not the time to sleep, but to watch. You are the sentinel that sits on the top of the gate in the watchtower. If no one blows the Shofar, we do not know the Days of Awe are coming. But GOD says watch and blow the shofar and you obey. But what does that reveal to us about God? That he does not want us to be caught unware by a theif in the night and he is working that we are not caught unaware. By your knowing your calling you reveal his working that we not be caught unaware.

Gramajo320
unregistered

Helpforhomeschoolers and Ripp,

I raised my two wonderful children and I worked holding various jobs - mainly secretarial.
For a very long time my calling seems to be to just help others in whatever way that I can do so. The following is some of the ways: Every where I go total strangers have approached me and just began talking to me telling me their life's story - they just needed someone to listen to them to pray for them, some of them needed food, some have needed money, some have needed direction to where they could get more help than I could give, some have needed help fending off being physically attacked and I help immediately for I know God protects me, some were political refugees who needed help learning how to live in our country -learning about the laws etc.

One example that comes to my mind often that I'd like to share with you is the following: I had taken the bus, gone to the bank, came back home to pay my rent, and then I decided to just rest a bit. However God had other ideas for me. The Holy Spirit said no you are to leave again so I went to the bus stop and got on the bus. I got off at the transit center. I looked around and saw a Burger King and a Taco Time and I thought I'd go to Burger King. The Holy Spirit said no you go to Taco Time so I did. When I walked in and looked around it was very crowded but almost immediately I knew why I was sent there. In a small booth by the window was a young girl and a young guy and an empty booth right behind them where I went and sat down. It was obvious this young couple had been traveling and living outside for awhile. I spoke to them and they immediately began talking to me. They were from PA and they'd traveled to New Mexico to attend a religious gathering. When it was over with and because they were out of money they had to hitchhike home. They were tired, it was terribly hot that day. They wanted to hitchhike a ride with truckers and they planned to walk to the truck stop. I urged them not to walk there - it was too far away. I offered them lunch but they said no. Anyway I offered to take them to the transit center and see to it they got the right bus and they said yes. On the way out they asked me "aren't you embarrassed to be seen with us?" I answered "absolutely not" We arrived at the transit center and I inquired about the bus and gave this nice couple what money I could. When the bus pulled in I went to the driver and I said "I have a young couple" and before I could finish she said "I know!" "You got them this far and now it's my job to take them the rest of the way!" She already knew! Whenever the Holy Spirit speaks I listen and obey. Truly I'm not trying to boast at all - it's just that the above is what I've been called to do for a very long time and I continue being called to do so. I think of a song title Where He Leads Me I Shall Follow. All of the credit for everything goes to God.

God bless you always, Linda and Ripp, for all that you do! Thank you very much for sharing!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement