Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Rick Warren's P.E.A.C.E. Plan for the World... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Rick Warren's P.E.A.C.E. Plan for the World...
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are people on the list that I have followed in the past. It's not pleasant but why ignore the Truth? Besides, it's arguing against the doctrine of the person, not judging the person. I urge you not to put your head in the sand. Don't run from the truth. Listen to your Spirit.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

What she said. [Wink]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tra, your quoting of Romans 2:1-11 is entierely out of context. This isn't speaking of Judging Doctrine. This has been discussed extensively on this board many times in the past.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is part of a post I did in response to a question in another thread (and section). My conscience is clear Tra. I am NOT Judging the hearts of these teachers (that is God’s job alone), I am, however, Judging the False Teachings as being False. Brother Ripp is doing the same. We’re Told to do this by the Apostles:

quote:
We must not ignore the Warnings and instructions given to us by the Apostles:

Romans 16:17-18 17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Who’s he talking to here? The Believers. Who is it that’s causing these divisions? Those who teach Contrary to what Jesus and the Apostles have taught (Sound Doctrine). He says to Mark Them – make a note – let it be known…

1 Timothy 4: 16Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Paul’s talking to Timothy here and throughout this letter Paul tells Timothy to continue in Sound Doctrine. The same message applies to us today.

Titus 1:8-10 9Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Sounds to me like another admonition not to compromise one’s Doctrine. And here is an even stronger admonishment:

2 John 1:8-10 8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

When a teacher/preacher starts saying that there are Other Ways of reaching God – Other then through Jesus, he has left the Doctrine of Christ.

Galatians 1:6-10 6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Man, that’s pretty strong language! Let him be accursed… I don’t know about you, but that’s enough to make me watch my P’s and Q’s

2 Peter 2:1-3 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Hummm…. Anybody else here feel like ‘merchandise’ sometimes? With all the so-called ‘Christian’ reading materials, instructional books, and false translations of the Bible…. All the movies and CDs, etc. etc… A few names definitely come to mind when I read this passage…

So, even if Christ is preached regardless of who’s preaching or what their intentions are, we are Still admonished to keep our Doctrine Pure and Mark those who teach Contrary to the Faith Delivered to us by the Apostles:

Jude 1:2-4 2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Titus 3:1-11
1Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed,
2to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.
3For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
4But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.
9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
10Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,
11knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

I went well beyond the first and second warning (though not all publically) about those here who want to pick and choose which scripture they want to agree with and slander other members of the Church Body. Therefore, as the above scripture states, I must reject this board and state that this will be my last post here. For the accusers of deceivers are deceiving themselves and you have been warned. Repent of this foolishness, bretheren! Remember that the Lord hates pride and arrogance, and that pride will go before your fall.

The Church is full of accusers and those who want to kick us when we are down. Do you know who else comes to accuse and condemn? It is certainly not the Lord! So we all need to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus who is the perfector of our faith, and with Him for us, who can be against us?

So you want to keep throwing stones? Let he who is without sin, throw away.

My final warning:

Romans 2:1-11
1Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.
3But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
5But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6who will render to each person according to his deeds:
7to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
8but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
9There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
10but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11For there is no partiality with God.

Ripp
unregistered

Watch Out for the False Teachers Among You

"Paul said that these false teachers (Romans 16:17,18) are effective in deceiving believers. They're effective for two reasons: (1) These false teachers are very effective communicators -- 'They use smooth and flattering speech to deceive people;' ... (2) Believers aren't paying attention. Believers are unsuspecting ... They're [the false teachers] using smooth and flattering speech. They have personal magnetism about them. Our attention gets turned away from what they are saying to how they are saying it, to the impression they are making with their own personality. And when we are put in that situation, we turn our attention from the content of what is being taught, and ... we open ourselves up to be deceived and turned away from our purity and devotion to Jesus Christ.

"Now, one of the ways that believers get deluded is they begin to focus on what they agree with in false teaching, but what is at issue is what we disagree with ... Many believers are being deluded today [in this way] ... In such a debate [with false teachers], we have to be sure to focus on what we disagree on ... we have to be very careful as we are exposed to false teachers.

" ... If we're talking about it being the power of God that establishes us, how do believers get deceived? Did God's power not work for them? ... You must understand the means of God's power -- 'according to my Gospel ' ... The Gospel of God is the message of Jesus Christ. He is the subject of that message ... The Gospel includes everything related to His death, burial, and resurrection ... The whole book of Romans is a detailed presentation of the Gospel ... God's power always works in the context of His Gospel, His revealed Word ... That is true not only in the initial salvation of the lost, but the ongoing salvation that the believer experiences [i.e., progressive sanctification] ... God's power does not work in the life of God's child -- to establish them, to firmly plant them, to strengthen them -- apart from the ministry of the Word of God in that life. If you are not being regularly exposed and taught and saturated with the Word of God, then God's power will not operate to establish you, and you will become a prey to satanic deception.

"I hope you have this underlined in your Bible -- 'There will also be false teachers among you.' He doesn't say maybe. We're not talking about the [cults] ... we're talking about those that rise from within the Church of Jesus Christ and promote false doctrine. 'They will secretly introduce destructive heresies' (2 Peter 2:1). How can you secretly introduce a destructive heresy among believers? Well, you present it under the guise of being truth to believers who are unsuspecting. You present it very cleverly, very smoothly ...

"We [the Church] are more concerned with our feelings and our experiences than we are with the Truth of God ... You better be looking for a place where the Word is believed and taught. That's what the Church is; it's the pillar and support of the truth ... Are you looking for friends or are you looking for the truth? We want to corrupt and twist the Church to make it what people want ... Come to the church that believes and teaches the truth! ... God's power does not operate apart from God's Word ... If Satan wants to disrupt the work of God in your life, what does he do? -- attack the Word, so that the power of God does not work ... You could never have been saved apart from the Word of God, and you ought to understand, you can never grow, you can never be firmly planted as a child of God, unless you are constantly, constantly taking in the diet of the pure milk of the Word of God ... We must have that imbedded in our hearts and minds. Never be satisfied, never tolerate anything else, than a ministry that is focused in its entirety on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Taken from a commentary on Romans 16:17-20 & 2 Peter 2:1-3, preached 12/15/91 (Gil Rugh).

Watch Out for the False Teachers Among You

Ripp
unregistered

God bless you too Gramajo. [hug]

Deb,

You can find it here under the quotes section: [Wink]

Bible Discernment Ministries

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

P.S. I'll add the links. Although they are all from the same section, they are under different headings.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I remember reading this one... which article was that from? The Introduction?

Excellent Information Bro!

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Ripp,

Yes the gospel must be preached at all times and witnessing must be done at all times. God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Ripp
unregistered

Doctrinal Division & Discernment*

"The second part of Satan's program [the first being the hindering of the plan of God in salvation], is once a person does come to believe in Jesus Christ, he wants to prevent him from taking in the pure milk of the Word -- he wants to turn him aside from the simple commitment to following Christ and being obedient to His Word [2 Cor. 11:3,4] ... His [Paul's] concern for the Corinthians, as those who have come to believe in Jesus Christ, is that they might be turned aside from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ by paying attention to false teaching, to the corrupted gospel that was being promoted by false teachers. They need to be alert and aware ... This is the concern that is on Paul's mind as he addresses the Romans [Rom. 16:17,18].

"... He wants to remind them [the Romans] and warn them of the danger of false teachers who would turn them aside from the truth of the Word of God. They [the false teachers] would hinder their growth and mar the testimony for Christ ... Paul is saying that we are, as believers, to keep our eye on, to look over carefully, to watch out for, these kinds of people. In other words, we are not allowed to be casual or indifferent as God's children in regard to those that would cause dissension [division] and trouble in the body of Christ. We ought to be aware of those, who by their wrong teaching, would divide the body, would cause trouble in the body. We are to recognize them, know who they are. We are to keep our eye on them ... Believers are to know what's going on. We're to understand the issues. We're to discern and recognize true teachers and false teachers ... Believers are to be discerning -- it's not an option.

"... Now, how do we know who's doing this [bringing division]? Any time you have doctrine presented, you're going to have division occur -- doctrine divides. What's the standard here? Well, Paul gives it very clearly in Romans 16:17, when he says, 'contrary to the teaching which you learned.' Those who teach contrary to the teaching that has been given through the Apostles and Prophets, are those who are causing dissensions and conflicts. I want you to note this -- it's NOT those who are teaching sound doctrine, it's NOT those who are teaching the truth of the Word of God that are divisive, that cause trouble. Rather, it's those who teach contrary to the Word of God, contrary to what has been revealed by God. They are dividing the church. They are dividing believers. They are causing trouble and preventing the growth of the body of Christ. That's important to keep in mind, because any time we get into a doctrinal issue, a doctrinal conflict, the question comes, 'Well, should we be divisive over this?' If you're presenting the truth of the Word of God, it's not divisive. What brings division and dissension is those that bring teaching contrary to the Word of God. And you cannot sacrifice the truth of God for peace, unity, or harmony.

"... The response to these people? -- very simply, verse 17 -- 'Turn away from them' ... We as believers are to pay close attention, to watch out for, those who are causing dissension and hindrances by teaching contrary to the Word of God, and we are to turn away from them. Have nothing to do with them ... Anyone who advocates doctrine contrary to the Word is creating conflict within the body of Christ ... And dissension/division is always the result ... We must carefully, carefully evaluate the content of what is being presented. There is no other way to discern evil.

". . .you cannot tell whether the doctrine being presented is true or false by the personality of the speaker. You can only tell by analyzing the doctrine in light of the Word ... You see the issue here? -- false teachers wooing away believers from their devotion to Christ; this is a serious matter ... This is the plan and program of Satan in the world today -- to develop counterfeits to the plan and program of God in salvation ... and he can adjust it so it is appealing to us, so it sounds good to us. And we have to be discerning lest we be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ ... Some of those kind of teachers come up from among the church. They profess to be believers; they appear in so many ways to look good. The only way to deal with satanic counterfeits is to sift the doctrine carefully, carefully, carefully through the Scripture. The better the counterfeit, the more discerning you have to be.

"... '[But] this person may be a believer.' You know, the Scripture doesn't call on me to make that final decision. Some of these teachers promoting wrong doctrine, I can't tell whether they're believers or not ... But you know what the Scripture tells me to do -- discern their doctrine. If their doctrine's not correct, turn away from them. It doesn't tell me to make a subjective decision -- 'If you feel good about the fact that they're probably believers, then forget the doctrine.' If they're teaching contrary to the truth of the Word, turn away from them. And if you don't, over time their smooth, flattering speech will deceive your heart, and you will be amazed at how far adrift from the truth you can end up.

"... You note here, you're to contend earnestly for the faith [Jude 3]. 'Believers aren't to be divisive, are they?' We're not to cause dissensions, no. How do we avoid that? We constantly just present the truth. That means we will be constantly battling against error. People will say, 'Well look, I don't want a church where they have conflict, and I don't want to have division.' What they're looking for is a nice squishy, emotional bath where people will throw doctrine out the door for good feelings. And all that matters is that we 'come together and have love.' And love and peace supersede doctrine. But you take doctrine out of your love and what do you have? ... What is your love without truth? ... There is no love apart from truth! ... Biblical love only functions in the context of truth. There is no sacrificing of doctrine for any reason, because then you've turned aside from purity of devotion to Christ.

"... And having a good testimony as a church does not mean now that you can sit back and take it easy. It means that you must now be all the more alert, all the more careful, because there's all the more danger that you would be turned from your obedience ... We're often gullible because we think we know better than God. 'Well, I know but I don't want to be a doctrinal nitpicker here. My goodness, can't we just love one another for a while and forget this doctrine?' No you can't. Satan won't go away ... One of his tactics is to wear us down ... The servants of Satan cannot change. Any compromise has to come from us -- compromising God's standard and God's truth. And God has not given us the right to compromise his truth -- not even the smallest jot and tittle can be compromised ... What is taking place with this false doctrine and this false teaching is the activity of Satan. These are doctrines of demons that are being promoted. That's why it brings dissension. That's why it troubles the body and brings hindrances to growth. You cannot mix the doctrines of Satan and the doctrines of Almighty God.

"... We are called to peace as God's people. We are called to war as God's people. We are called to peace with those who are like-minded in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are called to war with those, to contend for the faith against those, who oppose the truth of the Word of God."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Taken from a commentary on Romans 16:17-20, preached 12/8/91 (Gil Rugh).

Doctrinal Division & Discernment

Ripp
unregistered

Tolerating False Teachers/Apostates in the Church*

"Note the seriousness here -- the believers were tolerating them [the false teachers]. Now, that's the awfulness of it. It's not amazing that there'd be men of this character [in the church]. The tragedy is that believers are tolerant of these individuals! ...What happens when they're tolerated is they come in [into the church]. And you know what they are? They're hidden reefs ... unsuspecting believers then crash on them. And their faith is upset and their life is ruined. That's why you cannot tolerate it [false teaching] among believers.

"You allow this hidden reef for an unsuspecting Christian to crash on, and often it's done under the guise and in the name of "love." It's loving to set-up a reef for a Christian to be smashed on? Not on your life! You know what it is? -- it's cowardice on the part of believers. They don't want to deal with it [false teaching], so they say it wouldn't be loving. You know what they're afraid of? -- they're afraid of the battle.

"That's why Jude says, 'contend earnestly.' You've got to deal with it. You can't be tolerant of it ... When you think of how deceived believers have been -- you have to sift them [the apostates] very carefully through the Scriptures."

* Taken from a commentary on Jude 12a, preached 3/15/81 (Gil Rugh).

Tolerating False Teachers/Apostates in the Church

Ripp
unregistered

"To seek unity with false prophets without challenging their errors leaves one's own beliefs open to questions. Those who defend heretics, even if they do not believe in their teachings, are guilty of lending credibility to their heresies, and will be held accountable to God for the souls that are destroyed as a result. It's up to those that know the truth to defend the Church against false teachers whatever the cost to unity or to personal benefit" (p. 11).

"When the Scriptures tell us to judge the prophets by their fruit, it means their holy living and conformity to God's Word for themselves and those they teach. It does not mean the number of spectacular events that transpire in their lives. Nor does it rest on how many people are blessed by them; many are blessed by New Age practitioners. [Nor does it rest on the number of moral causes they are involved in.] ... Yet today's prophets tell us not to judge the ungodly lives [nor the bad doctrine] of the prophets, but to believe them because of the 'fruit' of their ministries." (p. 12) "It is not to signs and wonders that we should look [nor to the number or nature of the moral causes they are involved in], but to the overall integrity of the man who performs them. Integrity not only includes freedom from greed, lust, and avarice, but adherence to sound doctrine" (p. 16).

How can one be exonerated of bad doctrine of a particular ministry, "when he has openly endorsed that ministry and appears on their platform? One who endorses a work bears responsibility for that work and is identified with its fruit" (p. 16).

"... unity is not found in uniformity of thought, but in the fellowship of the Spirit, based on sound doctrine which, in turn, is predicated on the clear teaching of Scripture. This is why Paul exhorts us to "mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom 16:17). The false prophets call for unity based not on Scriptural doctrine, but on their [the false prophets] claim for authority. Those who insist on fellowship based on sound doctrine are labeled legalists, while the false prophets are the ones imposing unscriptural demands upon those who follow them" (p. 14).

* Quotes are derived from the September, 1990, Media Spotlight Special Report, entitled "Latter-Day Prophets: The Restoration of Apostles and Prophets and the Kansas City-Vineyard Connection."

Misc. Quotes on False Teachers/Teachings

Ripp
unregistered

2Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables. 3Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; 4but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word." [Acts 6:2-4]

27And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them, 28saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!" 29But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men. [Acts 5:27-29]

41So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ. [Acts 5:41-42]

Ripp
unregistered

-
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 19 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It appears that Jesus healed AND preached the Gospel. Are you saying that Jesus SHOULDN'T have done that?

I never said anything bad about preching the gospel or that Christians shouldn't do it.

And the verse you gave doesn't say that Jesus NEVER did any good deeds without preching. Showing God's love in a practical way can still be good thing without a gospel tract or a mini sermon.

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

This is for you Danny:

quote:
23And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. [Matthew 4:23]
It appears that Jesus healed AND preached the Gospel. Are you saying that Jesus SHOULDN'T have done that?
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by danny458:
quote:
WOW talk about TWISTING words and judging intentions of the heart. Dude, did you even READ my replies?
I read your replies. I know that you believe the full gospel should be presented where possible.

My only point... (and my words have been twisted beyond belief on this board, so I can relate to you!) is that Rick Warren's movement has some good in it! There are millions of starving people in Africa... there is enough food in America to feed them... I see nothing wrong with attempting to get as much food to starving people as possible. Obviously there are politcial, economic, and other factors prevent us from feeding everyone and treating all disease... but whether or not the gospel is attached shouldn't be a reason to not send food, stamp out disease, or prevent education. How do you intend on spreading the gospel to people in a non-English speaking remote area where the population is sick, starving, and uneducated? Before you judge Rick Warren on the good he's doing, take a look at your own solutions to these real problems and pray God doesn't judge you the same way you judge Rick Warren. (yes yes yes... I know... you're judging his theology etc... etc... I've read the replies)

You still don't get it do you? This thread has NOTHING to do with feeding children in Africa. My goodness, stop hijacking threads.

The thread is about Rick Warren and his PDC programs which go against the Word of God. If you want to make a "Feed Africa" thread, go for it. If you are not going to read the posts or follow the links to do research, how can you comment on Rick Warren?!

-

P.S. God will make good things come out of bad. Just because someone has SOME truth and does SOME good, doesn't mean they are ALL good. Perhaps you should read your Bible more concerning end times. If you did, you would know this passage:
quote:
13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. [2 Corinthians 11:13-15]

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 2 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WOW talk about TWISTING words and judging intentions of the heart. Dude, did you even READ my replies?
I read your replies. I know that you believe the full gospel should be presented where possible.

My only point... (and my words have been twisted beyond belief on this board, so I can relate to you!) is that Rick Warren's movement has some good in it! There are millions of starving people in Africa... there is enough food in America to feed them... I see nothing wrong with attempting to get as much food to starving people as possible. Obviously there are politcial, economic, and other factors prevent us from feeding everyone and treating all disease... but whether or not the gospel is attached shouldn't be a reason to not send food, stamp out disease, or prevent education. How do you intend on spreading the gospel to people in a non-English speaking remote area where the population is sick, starving, and uneducated? Before you judge Rick Warren on the good he's doing, take a look at your own solutions to these real problems and pray God doesn't judge you the same way you judge Rick Warren. (yes yes yes... I know... you're judging his theology etc... etc... I've read the replies)

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha! thread of the year award

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Jesus said the poor will always be with us.... THEREFORE we don't need to make a strong effort to solve problems of poverty and hunger? That's quite the leap there Ripp and SoftTouch... but I admit I've encountered the same attitude at many evangelical churches so its not surprising to hear it expressed here.

REAL people made in the image of God are suffering, and you seem to have no problem turning a blind eye if a gospel tract or some message isn't attached. So much for unconditional love with no strings attached....

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
As I began reading this book, the problems were so numerous and obvious that I backed up and began marking these errors. I found 42 such Biblical inaccuracies, plus 18 out-of-context passages of Scripture, supposedly used to prove his point, and another nine distorted translations. (More on some of these later in this report). In general, there is much that is disturbing within the pages of The Purpose-Driven Life. Even though he denies it, Warren is obviously a disciple of pop-psychology, which is littered throughout. The wise reader is well aware that simply because someone denies they are teaching something does not mean they are not teaching it. (John MacArthur and Larry Crabb are good examples of teachers who utilize this technique.) The proof is not in the denial but in the substance.

In this case, Warren, on the one hand, repeatedly rejects psychobabble, but on the other hand, he immerses his readers in it. One example is his statement, “Most conflict is rooted in unmet needs” (p.154). You will find that idea in Rogers and Freud and Crabb, but try to find it in Scripture. He quotes favorably from a wide variety of dubious authors, from Aldous Huxley and Albert Schweitzer to George Bernard Shaw to St. John of the Cross (Catholic mystic). He apparently believes practicing Roman Catholics are true believers, several times mentioning monks and nuns as Christian examples, and of course the obligatory reference to Mother Teresa (twice). This unqualified acceptance and promotion of Catholics brings into question Warren’s understanding of the gospel message itself. If he believes that faithful Roman Catholics, who believe in a works-righteousness, are born-again Christians, what does he believe the gospel is? Do we receive the gift of salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus certain works and sacraments? This is no minor issue, especially in a book that never spells out the plan of salvation.

When every third page (on average) of a book presents either an unbiblical, or at least a Biblically unsupportable idea, there is not much sense bothering to read it. And that would be my suggestion-- don’t bother.

The Purpose-Driven Life
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Jesus said the poor will always be with us.... THEREFORE we don't need to make a strong effort to solve problems of poverty and hunger? That's quite the leap there Ripp and SoftTouch... but I admit I've encountered the same attitude at many evangelical churches so its not surprising to hear it expressed here.

REAL people made in the image of God are suffering, and you seem to have no problem turning a blind eye if a gospel tract or some message isn't attached. So much for unconditional love with no strings attached....

Why do you keep making something out of nothing? If you take the time to read what I post, you might have a clue as to what I'm saying.

I NEVER said that we shouldn't help the poor or the needy. But pastors should be preaching the Gospel ALONG SIDE of helping them.

If you're just going to use rhetoric with no facts, don't post.

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 8 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Rick Warren's church (and others like it) have attracted thousands. His methods do work. He says that the reason for the spectacular growth has been his emphasis on creating a "purpose driven church." It could be argued with equal force, however, that the real reason for the spectacular growth is not at all related to his thesis. The real reason for the growth is because of the New Evangelical principle of pragmatism. He asked the people what they wanted, and he gave it to them. He provided the product the market demanded, and it sold like hot-cakes. If you please people, they will come and come again.

But what could be more contrary to the principles found in Scripture? Consider what God told the prophet Ezekiel (Ezek. 3:4-11). Ezekiel was told that the people would not like his ministry or message, and yet he was to preach it anyway, regardless of the response. Ezekiel was successful if he did what God said. His success in God's sight had nothing to do with the response of the people. It had to do with the faithfulness of the servant. They would know that a prophet was in their midst. He was not to ask the folks what kind of a prophetic ministry would most appeal to them. He was given a forehead harder than flint to stand for the truth against all opposition. "Whether they will hear or forbear" was not the prophet's responsibility. His goal was not to get as large a crowd as he could. His job was to preach the truth, and he did (vs. 11). That is success in God's eyes. That was a fruitful and faithful ministry.

Of course our churches will grow faster if we throw out Scriptural standards. Of course our churches will grow faster if we please men and give them what they want. Yet, the BIBLE says we are to aim to please God, not men. If we are really concerned about learning how to "build a church," does it not make more sense to study God's Word, rather than studying polls and surveys of popular opinion? Conspicuous by their absence in this book on church growth were any extended expositions from the pastoral epistles. Isn't God's opinion on the matter what we should really be seeking?

The Purpose Driven Church
Ripp
unregistered

I want to contrast the PDC movement with a Biblical event. Let's start with some practices of the PDC movement and one's like it.

quote:
Man-centered philosophy: Examples of this philosophy abound throughout the book. His aim is obviously to please men. Consider Rick Warren's own words:

Figure out what mood you want your service to project, and then create it. (p. 264); We start positive and end positive. (p. 271); We use humor in our services ... it is not a sin to help people feel good. (p. 272); Cultivate an informal, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere. (p. 272); We made a strategic decision to stop singing hymns in our seeker services. (p. 285); We have attracted thousands more because of our music. (p. 285); Saddleback now has a complete pop/rock orchestra. (p. 290); Use more performed music than congregational singing ... (p. 291) (emphasis on entertainment); The ground we have in common with unbelievers is not the Bible , but our common needs, hurts, and interests as human beings. You cannot start with a text ... (p. 295); Make your members feel special ... they need to feel special. (p. 320,323)

How did Mr. Warren come to all this? Let's take a look:

quote:
Warren spent twelve weeks going door to door and surveying the "needs" of the people (p. 139). Therefore, he offers what he calls a "full menu" of support groups for empty nesters, divorced couples, grief recovery, etc. In other words, offer the community/consumer what they want, and they will come. Perhaps the title "Market Driven Church" would suffice as well as "Purpose Driven Church." While he SAYS he is not "pandering to consumerism" (p. 200), his own words seem to contradict that. He states that church, in order to be successful, must target its audience, and then appeal to that audience.
So, he finds out what the PEOPLE want, and he gives it to them. Not from Scripture, but from polling.

In the Bible we see something similar as to what is happening today. The people were restless when their leader hadn't come back and so they decided to do their own thing, make up their own religion. Let's see what happened:

quote:
1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us ; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."
2And Aaron said to them, "Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me." 3So all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron. 4And he received the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf.

Then they said, "This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!"

5So when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it. And Aaron made a proclamation and said, "Tomorrow is a feast to the LORD." 6Then they rose early on the next day, offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

So, Aaron gave in to the fleshy desires of the people and they ate and drank and were merry. The story continues:

quote:
7And the LORD said to Moses, "Go, get down! For your people whom you brought out of the land of Egypt have corrupted themselves . 8They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them. They have made themselves a molded calf, and worshiped it and sacrificed to it, and said, "This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!"' 9And the LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people! 10Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation."

11Then Moses pleaded with the LORD his God, and said: "LORD, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? 12Why should the Egyptians speak, and say, "He brought them out to harm them, to kill them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth'? Turn from Your fierce wrath, and relent from this harm to Your people. 13Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Your own self, and said to them, "I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven; and all this land that I have spoken of I give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever."'[a] 14So the LORD relented from the harm which He said He would do to His people.

Uh oh! Looks like they angered our Lord! It continues:

quote:
19So it was, as soon as he came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing. So Moses' anger became hot, and he cast the tablets out of his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain. 20Then he took the calf which they had made, burned it in the fire, and ground it to powder; and he scattered it on the water and made the children of Israel drink it. 21And Moses said to Aaron, "What did this people do to you that you have brought so great a sin upon them?"

22So Aaron said, "Do not let the anger of my lord become hot. You know the people, that they are set on evil. 23For they said to me, "Make us gods that shall go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.' 24And I said to them, "Whoever has any gold, let them break it off.' So they gave it to me, and I cast it into the fire, and this calf came out."

Moses knows that God is angry as they have forgotten their Lord. What happens next?

quote:
25Now when Moses saw that the people were unrestrained (for Aaron had not restrained them, to their shame among their enemies), 26then Moses stood in the entrance of the camp, and said, "Whoever is on the LORD's side--come to me!" And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him. 27And he said to them, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: "Let every man put his sword on his side, and go in and out from entrance to entrance throughout the camp, and let every man kill his brother, every man his companion, and every man his neighbor."' 28So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day. 29Then Moses said, "Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, that He may bestow on you a blessing this day, for every man has opposed his son and his brother."

30Now it came to pass on the next day that Moses said to the people, "You have committed a great sin. So now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin." 31Then Moses returned to the LORD and said, "Oh, these people have committed a great sin, and have made for themselves a god of gold! 32Yet now, if You will forgive their sin--but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written."

33And the LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book. 34Now therefore, go, lead the people to the place of which I have spoken to you. Behold, My Angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit for punishment, I will visit punishment upon them for their sin."

35So the LORD plagued the people because of what they did with the calf which Aaron made.

Well. Looks like things didn't turn out so well. What can we learn from this? What have YOU learned from this?

The Purpose Driven Church

Scripture taken from Exodus 32 (New King James Version)

Ripp
unregistered

Thank you Deb. I make a mess sometimes, I know. Still working on the patience thing. I just don't see a lot of time left. People need to wake up to the Truth NOW.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
The gospel is not included in UN food programs, should those be cut?

This is about the Lack of Full Gospel message in a professing Christian Leaders doctrine, not the UN. The UN is of The World. The World does not Preach Christ and Him Crucified.

This is part of what makes it all so deceptive (IMHO). The World shows compassion and cares for the homeless, sick, etc... But they Don't offer the Bread of LIFE which is Jesus! Should they stop caring for people, no. But now we have a group who wants to do the same thing the UN is doing, but preaching an incomplete (which makes it false) gospel. Both of these will land these poor souls into eternal hell.

If you don't Preach the full council on Sin and Reconcillation through the sacrifice Jesus made on behalf of our sins, then how can anyone come to a full saving knowledge of Jesus? One has to recognize one's self as a hopless sinner, unable to save one's self or be 'righteous' enough to enter God's Kingdom before they can fully realize what Jesus Did for them! One has to recognize WHO Jesus truly was/is... God who came in the Flesh to be a perfect sinless sacrifice for all who would BELEIVE (Have Faith) in HIM and recieve HIS Righteousness and life in exchange for their own.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
(Brother Ripp here) The primary message that Christians need to spread is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, died on the cross for our sins, and was ressurected and is now in Heaven with our God. He is our Lord and Savior and we must all repent. PERIOD! If you DO NOT preach this message, everything else is useless. What difference does a bowl of soup make to someone that is going to spend eternity in hell? If you don't back up gererosity with the Word, it's tragic. Read your Bible, it's clear what is to be taught.

Maybe we have a different Bible... Mine Says in Matthew 25:
[i]32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink,

I think something was missed in Brother Ripps quote here... specifically:
quote:
If you don't back up gererosity with the Word, it's tragic.

He didn't say 'don't feed them' - he said back it up with the Word.

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
I do have one question though don't you think that when a person is so down and out and terribly hungry that they would be more likely to clearly hear the words of the gospel rather than focusing their very painful pangs of hunger and thirst? There is nothing wrong with feeding them and preaching the word of the gospel at the same time!

You’re absolutely Right Gramajo. I know I said Jesus spoke to them First, but I wasn’t thinking in context of ‘starving’ people (which I should have been since that’s actually what this conversation is about).

The point trying to be made by Brother Ripp is that you Can Not leave out the FULL Gospel (which is what Warren’s and other seeker-sensitive teachings do).

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Deb wrote:
quote:
You say people are dying... the Bible says People apart from Christ are already Dead.
Amen! Why don't people understand this? It's in the Word. Why?

We are going to suffer here no matter who you are. In one way or another we will suffer. Everyone will also die. But the Bible says:

quote:
18For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit , [1 Peter 3:18]
The Truth is right there! We are all going to die, there is no question. The question is, where will we spend eternity? If we DO NOT accept Jesus Christ, our eternity lies in hell.

This verse says it all:

quote:
3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. [2 Timothy 4:3-5]
Can it get ANY clearer than this?! WE HAVE BEEN WARNED! If you fail to heed this warning, there are no second chances. Get right now!

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
Yes Jesus did say that the poor will always be with us - that is true. Yes the word of the gospel needs to be preached. I do have one question though don't you think that when a person is so down and out and terribly hungry that they would be more likely to clearly hear the words of the gospel rather than focusing their very painful pangs of hunger and thirst? There is nothing wrong with feeding them and preaching the word of the gospel at the same time! Yes we are to help clothe them also and if they are thirsty we are to give them drinks of water. We are also to treat them with respect, compassion, and empathy in doing the Lord's work!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Excellent point. Why is it that when you want to mention Jesus Christ you are immediately labeled as intolerant and hateful?

Give someone a bowl of soup and you're a hero. Give someone a bowl of soup and talk to them about Jesus and all of a sudden the ACLU is knocking at your door. This is a sick, sick world. This kind of seeker-sensative junk is exactly what we are too look out for. God's said it would happen, and it has.

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime."

That's no different!

"Give a man a bowl of soup, he eats for a day. Lead a man to Jesus and he eats for eternity!"

Cmon people, WAKE UP!

Ripp
unregistered

danny458 wrote:
quote:
A band-aid can keep a person physically alive long enough to get them to the hospital to get their heart transplant.

Oh Danny...I'm afraid you don't understand. Only faith in Jesus Christ can give you the heart transplant I'm talking about.

quote:
I've answered this before on other threads for you Ripp. Yes I have accepted Jesus. Over 10 years now... The gospel is not included in UN food programs, should those be cut?

Um, the UN is not what the topic is about. It is about the PDC movement, remember? They are NOT preaching the full Gospel. They are NOT teaching rebirth and repentance. I ask again, is that ok?

quote:
Maybe we have a different Bible...
Maybe you've heard of this one before. Maybe at a football game or something.

16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. [John 3:16-17]

It's all about Jesus Danny. Jesus is the way, not the UN. Giving food to the hungry is noble, letting them go hungry without the Word of God is a travesty. Period. Flesh is flesh Danny, Spirit is Spirit. Flesh is temporary.

quote:
If you were PHYSICALLY hungry all the time, would you go to a church or a UN food distribution center. Try hard to understand what others are going through. Giving someone a gospel tract or saying "Jesus loves you" is rarely the most effective way to share the gospel. But its a simple method that makes many Christians feel good about themself. "I've been sharing the gospel! I've been handing out tracts!"

You're not understanding here. You commended Rick Warren for feeding the poor, yet he is not teaching rebirth and repentance. Do you not get this? Just because they have something to eat, doesn't mean they won't go hungry? Do you get that?

quote:
The Bible is truth, but it isn't the only truth...
12There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death. [Proverbs 14:12]

quote:
But apparently if they're not going to be saved then who cares?

What difference does it make if you give someone a bowl of soup and yet they are going to hell? What is more important to God? Yes, we are to help those in need, BUT, we are to lead them to Jesus! What don't you get?

quote:
Yes I have accepted Jesus.
Yet you said earlier:

quote:
Even if the gospel isn't included.
Yet the Bible says:

10And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. [Mark 13:10]

15And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. [Mark 16:15]

So, are you suggesting that we deny the Word of God?

quote:
I think you would be wise to spend some time with suffering people. And I don't mean going to a soup kitchen and handing out tracts.... Really get involved in the lives of suffering people... maybe your heart could soften towards the physical realities people go through. Showing God's Love in practical ways can make a far bigger impression than a "God loves you." I will pray for you.
This statement is useless to me. It just shows your ignorance.

I see suffering every day. People are running around lost with no hope. People are going to hell because they don't know Jesus as their Savior. I do as I am called to do. People must be healed by accepting Jesus Christ. The people that don't know Jesus Christ are already dead. Maybe one day you will understand that.

I have no problem with feeding the hungry. I do have a problem with 'preachers' NOT spreading the Gospel to the world. Got it?

Gramajo320
unregistered

Yes Jesus did say that the poor will always be with us - that is true. Yes the word of the gospel needs to be preached. I do have one question though don't you think that when a person is so down and out and terribly hungry that they would be more likely to clearly hear the words of the gospel rather than focusing their very painful pangs of hunger and thirst? There is nothing wrong with feeding them and preaching the word of the gospel at the same time! Yes we are to help clothe them also and if they are thirsty we are to give them drinks of water. We are also to treat them with respect, compassion, and empathy in doing the Lord's work!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 4 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I agree, but to give someone a Band-Aid when they need a heart transplant defeats God's purpose. If you are not leading people to Jesus, what difference does it make?
A band-aid can keep a person physically alive long enough to get them to the hospital to get their heart transplant.

quote:
This concerns me. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Have you repented of your sins? The Gospel MUST be included in EVERYTHING WE DO! PERIOD!
I've answered this before on other threads for you Ripp. Yes I have accepted Jesus. Over 10 years now... The gospel is not included in UN food programs, should those be cut?

quote:
The primary message that Christians need to spread is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, died on the cross for our sins, and was ressurected and is now in Heaven with our God. He is our Lord and Savior and we must all repent. PERIOD! If you DO NOT preach this message, everything else is useless. What difference does a bowl of soup make to someone that is going to spend eternity in hell? If you don't back up gererosity with the Word, it's tragic. Read your Bible, it's clear what is to be taught.

Maybe we have a different Bible... Mine Says in Matthew 25:
32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' 40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' 45 Then he will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

If you were PHYSICALLY hungry all the time, would you go to a church or a UN food distribution center. Try hard to understand what others are going through. Giving someone a gospel tract or saying "Jesus loves you" is rarely the most effective way to share the gospel. But its a simple method that makes many Christians feel good about themself. "I've been sharing the gospel! I've been handing out tracts!"

The Bible is truth, but it isn't the only truth... And one truth is that there are people physically suffering RIGHT NOW that can be helped. But apparently if they're not going to be saved then who cares?

I think you would be wise to spend some time with suffering people. And I don't mean going to a soup kitchen and handing out tracts.... Really get involved in the lives of suffering people... maybe your heart could soften towards the physical realities people go through. Showing God's Love in practical ways can make a far bigger impression than a "God loves you." I will pray for you.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Danny, I totally understand your compassion and concern for those who are poor and starving. But concerning this P.E.A.C.E. Plan, Jesus told us that the poor would always be with us. That says to me that this problem Will Not be SOLVED until after HE returns.

Also, When Jesus FED the multitudes (on both occassions), when was it HE gave them this food? It was AFTER He gave them God's Word!

You say people are dying... the Bible says People apart from Christ are already Dead. Brother Ripp is right on! First let's give them The Full Gospel Truth so they might LIVE and then we can Feed them and Cloth them.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

danny458 wrote:
quote:
I don't think that easing the suffering of people is a bad thing.
I agree, but to give someone a Band-Aid when they need a heart transplant defeats God's purpose. If you are not leading people to Jesus, what difference does it make? They are already dead...Jesus saves men, men don't save men.

quote:
Even if the gospel isn't included.
This concerns me. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Have you repented of your sins? The Gospel MUST be included in EVERYTHING WE DO! PERIOD!

quote:
I don't think its bad that the UN, the EU, the Catholic Church, or even Islam gives food to the hungry.
Generosity is commendable. Keeping others enslaved in sin is tragic.

quote:
The fact that they are giving food to the poor and earning good will with the people should motivate evangelical churches to give more humanitaian aid I would think if they want the message accepted.
The primary message that Christians need to spread is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, died on the cross for our sins, and was ressurected and is now in Heaven with our God. He is our Lord and Savior and we must all repent. PERIOD! If you DO NOT preach this message, everything else is useless. What difference does a bowl of soup make to someone that is going to spend eternity in hell? If you don't back up gererosity with the Word, it's tragic. Read your Bible, it's clear what is to be taught.

quote:
If you were hungary literally all the time, where would you go?

1) I am.
2) Jesus Christ and the Word of God.

quote:
What was scary about my quote?
Because he is not preaching salvation or repentance and you are commending him. Does that not mean anything to you?

quote:
Rick Warren has acknowledged some obvious needs in the world and challenged Christians to take action.
Rick Warren is refusing to teach the fundamental, underlying message of the Gospel! We are to preach salvation through rebirth and repentance. Does that not ring true with you? Is it ok that he ignores this?

quote:
Feeding the poor and helping the sick is now being twisted as an 'endtimes watchout here comes the antichrist' issue?
NO! The absence of the TRUE GOSPEL IS!

quote:
That's just too absurd for me.
I can see that and you will be in trouble if you don't come to see and accept the Truth.

quote:
People are starving!!!!!!
People are starving because they are being fed milk, instead of meat.

quote:
Yes, knock his theology all you want, but come on people are dying preventable deaths everyday
It is a false teaching. Do the research, all the links are there.

quote:
but like I said, its easier to turn your head the other way.
For you maybe, I refuse to turn from God's Truth.

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, that would be all fine and dandy if they weren't replacing the Gospel with it. This is being taught INSTEAD of the Word, salvation and repentance. Surely you don't agree with that...right?

God bless.

quote:
Its easy to ignore these problems since 'they are not ours'... I commend Rick Warren for focusing on these issues.

That's just plain scary. Do you truly mean this??

I don't think that easing the suffering of people is a bad thing. Even if the gospel isn't included. I don't think its bad that the UN, the EU, the Catholic Church, or even Islam gives food to the hungry. The fact that they are giving food to the poor and earning good will with the people should motivate evangelical churches to give more humanitaian aid I would think if they want the message accepted. I've seen towns with a clean little white church on one end, and a huge UN food distribution center on the other side of town. If you were hungary literally all the time, where would you go?

What was scary about my quote? Rick Warren has acknowledged some obvious needs in the world and challenged Christians to take action. Feeding the poor and helping the sick is now being twisted as an 'endtimes watchout here comes the antichrist' issue? That's just too absurd for me. People are starving!!!!!! Yes, knock his theology all you want, but come on people are dying preventable deaths everyday... but like I said, its easier to turn your head the other way. I'm guilty of this too, I know how easy it is.

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Spiritual Lostness, Lack of Godly Leaders, Poverty, Disease, and Lack of Education
Its pretty obvious most of you here don't like Rick Warren's solution to these 5 big problems... anyone know of any effective alternate plans to address these issues?

I've been in Africa since the beginning of the year and of course I can't judge the work missionaries have done in regards to the first two problems... but I can say that in regards to the last 3 issues (poverty, disease, education), the strong evangelical missionary presense here has done almost nothing to ease these problems in any wide scale way. Ironically, the most humanitarian work appears (just my observation) to be being accomplished by the UN, the Catholic Church, the EU, and Islam... in that order... 4 of the big 'End Times Enemies' according to many here. Its easy to ignore these problems since 'they are not ours'... I commend Rick Warren for focusing on these issues.

Well, that would be all fine and dandy if they weren't replacing the Gospel with it. This is being taught INSTEAD of the Word, salvation and repentance. Surely you don't agree with that...right? [Confused]

P.S. It's not just Rick Warren. There are many other false teachings going on. Nobody is judging Rick Warren, but his teachings. His teachings are faulty and leave out the main points of the Word such as salvation and repentance.

quote:
Its easy to ignore these problems since 'they are not ours'... I commend Rick Warren for focusing on these issues.
That's just plain scary. Do you truly mean this?? [Frown]
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Spiritual Lostness, Lack of Godly Leaders, Poverty, Disease, and Lack of Education
Its pretty obvious most of you here don't like Rick Warren's solution to these 5 big problems... anyone know of any effective alternate plans to address these issues?

I've been in Africa since the beginning of the year and of course I can't judge the work missionaries have done in regards to the first two problems... but I can say that in regards to the last 3 issues (poverty, disease, education), the strong evangelical missionary presense here has done almost nothing to ease these problems in any wide scale way. Ironically, the most humanitarian work appears (just my observation) to be being accomplished by the UN, the Catholic Church, the EU, and Islam... in that order... 4 of the big 'End Times Enemies' according to many here. Its easy to ignore these problems since 'they are not ours'... I commend Rick Warren for focusing on these issues.

bygrace
unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ripp for that information, I'll be reading more on this. Yes, they have the 101,201,301,401..base type classes. There are Sermon series. However the Pastor is still using the KJV in all sermons. I did notice the "we don't want you to feel embarrased" line in one of the alter calls. There is still much encouragement to come forward, but I thought that it was strange, when nobody did...he said with all heads down, he asked the ones who were wanting to come down the aisle to raise their hands...etc. We actually have started a new service that is held at the same time as ours in the other "old auditorium" that is much "louder" or "wilder" as some may say. They hear the same sermon via a large screen but the song service is different. I didn't quite know what to make of that either. I mean, why is it that everyone cannot worship together in the same place? There are many good things going on there and I personally have been set free from Religion...unto a greater understanding of my salvation through fellowship there in the past 4 years. However, so many things have changed. I guess I was just praying that the PDL stuff would have just disappeared/and thought that it had. Now after reading some of the info you have presented I am questioning again. Maybe the pastor IS still using it. Thanks again Ripp, bygrace
Ripp
unregistered

14Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

17Therefore
"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
18"I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty." [2 Corinthians 6:14-18]

Ripp
unregistered

The Lukewarm Church

14"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,
"These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot . I could wish you were cold or hot. 16So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17Because you say, "I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked -- 18I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. [Revelation 3:14-21]

Ripp
unregistered

Do the following scenarios sound familiar in YOUR church?

"The pastor is preaching differently. He now preaches 'sermon series'. And the topics for the next two to three months are printed on a card and mailed to my house. The topics he's using are from life experiences, and we rarely use our Bibles anymore. We're not even encouraged to bring our Bibles. It's like our church changed from 'preaching from the Bible' to telling life stories and finding paraphrased scripture to fit the story."

"We don't have an 'altar call' anymore. People who want to get saved just fill out a card, or prayer is offered, but the pastor says 'no one wants to embarrass you or put you on the spot, so you don't need to come down for prayer if you're embarrassed to do so'. Jesus says in Luke 12:8 that 'whoever confesses Him before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God'. And isn't it biblical that people get prayed for? What's going on?"

"When was the last time we had communion as a church body? Since when can't we have communion on Sunday morning anymore? If someone gets offended by the remembrance of JESUS (Luke 22:19), are we supposed to stop doing it to make them feel 'comfortable'?"

The Purpose-Driven Church (PDC) curriculum and book were written by a Southern Baptist named Rick Warren. He is the senior pastor of Saddleback Valley Community Church in Lake Forest, CA. Included in the book are very detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to run the Sunday morning service. It is amazing how the PDC affects the Sunday morning service! There are to be no silences in the service. Everything has to be programmed beforehand so there are no surprises. So there is no place for God. The 'audience' is not encouraged to seek God in the Sunday morning service. God is put in a box for an hour and a half while man 'draws people to God'.

In the beginning, the PDC was created to bring unchurched people into the church, get them saved, and disciple them with the doctrine of the day. The major flaw with that thinking is REMOVING THE HOLY SPIRIT from the equation. Because the Holy Spirit is not a part in bringing people to God (bridge events and 'comfortable' services are supposed to take care of that), the Spirit of God is subdued in churches that are 'Purpose-Driven'.

According to Mr. Warren, 'There is no such thing as Christian music. There are only Christian lyrics.' (Purpose Driven Church pg. 282). Shouldn't the Spirit of God be behind Christian music and lyrics? The PDC book does not refer to the power of the Holy Spirit until the end, seemingly as an afterthought.

One way of identifying a PDC is the jargon and acronyms. Here are a few:
Core Meetings, S.A.L.T. Meetings (Salt and Light Together), Bridge Events, BASE Classes (101, 201, 301, 401), baseball diamond classes, 'Our Target', Life Development Institute, Seeker Services, Community/Crowd/Congregation/Committed/Core illustration, 'Growth Without Compromising Your Message & Mission', S.H.A.P.E. (Spiritual gifts, Heart (Motivation), Abilities, Personality, Experiences), C.L.A.S.S. (Christian Life and Service Seminars).

If your church is PDC, your pastor has access to (and is probably using) the sermons and outlines from Saddleback Church, and is using a paraphrased Bible for scriptural quotes. The sermons and outlines are very much the same as the one you heard last Sunday (and the Sunday before) -- usually with points that use the same first letter or are in the form of an acrostic. They are basically assembly-line sermon series. Your pastor did not get these sermons from the Holy Spirit through prayer and fasting! Also included are life-stories, skits, and video clips (perhaps some of them inappropriate to be seen by children).

The bridge events (reaching out to the community) are non-events - inoffensive and innocuous. Jesus and God are usually absent, in Name and in Spirit. Everything is organized and controlled by the church staff to make everyone feel comfortable, and to make the attenders feel 'happy'.

In Romans 8:8, Paul says, "So then those who are living the life of the flesh, catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature, cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him." (The Amplified Bible) Why would we want to please man when God is the One we serve and love?!

Hebrews 5:13-14 "For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness, for he is a mere infant, But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law." (The Amplified Bible)

The PDC is designed to keep you wanting the milk, not the meat, of the Word of God. If you want anything more from the teaching in your church, you will be labeled a complainer, a person who is unwilling to help the new Christians who are being spoon-fed.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 says "For the time is coming when people will not tolerate sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching for something pleasing and gratifying, they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold, And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and man-made fictions." (The Amplified Bible)

Unfortunately some have chosen to use another way to 'reach people for Christ', with distortions, deceptions, and pride. We don't need man-made programs to help people know they need God. God has already outlined that for us in His Word. There is too much sin, flesh, and garbage between man and God. But we humans, in our infinite wisdom, bombard them even more garbage. Promises to take care of their 'felt-needs', promises of 'no-cost Christianity'. When all they need is JESUS to pull them out of their sin and show them the Way to God. In John 14:6 Jesus says, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH, and the LIFE; no one comes to the Father except through Me." If we truly believe that, then we must live it. Let's always keep our focus on what is true, and we will only find that in the Word of God.

NO-COST CHRISTIANITY?
'No-cost Christianity' is not an option. In the Ministry 301 class, the way a person is supposed to find his spiritual gifts is to fill out a personality profile, find his S.H.A.P.E., and then go into the ministry. But in 2 Corinthians 12:9 the Lord told Paul "My strength is made perfect in WEAKNESS". God does not glory in our strengths. He glories in our WEAKNESSES, our self-denial (take up My cross and follow me), our willingness to put away human desires and follow Jesus (humbleness). Worldly and business values teach us to find our strengths and use them to make our mark in this world. But the Bible teaches the exact opposite! Do you know of any time your pastor has taught (on a Sunday morning) that we as Christians must allow God to work through our weaknesses, not our strengths and egos? Most likely not! That is a very unpopular teaching, but it is a very fundamental instruction from the Bible. There is a cost for following JESUS. The cost is completely turning away from SIN, the cost is denying our own desires and following the Word of God, not a compilation of stories to make us feel good. This teaching dulls our spirits, keeps us from seeing the real truth. It may feel good for a time, but in the end it is not satisfying.

God is wanting His people to stand up for His righteousness, not hide under a cloak of 'niceness' and 'feel-good platitudes'. If we truly want others to know God, we must have the BOLDNESS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT to show them who is God.

Read these articles for more information:
The Transforming Church
Church Growth Movement
Market-Driven Church
Analysis of Purpose-Driven Church Growth Strategy (page down a couple of times to see the article)

NEW AGE WE BUILD PEOPLE
Be careful of the material you are being taught in your church through the PDC curriculum. It is possible NEW AGE spirituality is the basis for some of the classes and sermons.

This article will give you more in-depth information NEW AGE CONNECTIONS

WE BUILD PEOPLE
WE BUILD PEOPLE strategy is a Rick Warren-endorsed adaptation of PDC, implemented by the Assemblies of God.

Purpose-Driven® Church

bygrace
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The purpose Driven campaign was well over one year ago, I have not seen too much regarding it since. I think maybe the Pastor didn't really agree? I'm not sure. he did use KJV in place of the other versions in the book. I know that they are doing the SIGNING OF COVENENTS which I am not too thrilled about though. When I first raised the questions, I felt that some people (my friends) thought it not necessary to debate the issue. They see it as having "some" positive therefore throwing out the "negative". I have not signed any church covenents, don't intend to. No, I have not approached the Pastor. He has not taught anymore of the Purpose driven material. The only thing I know of is the classes that are encouraged where you sign the covenents. I'm Still investigating that.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by bygrace:
I am so glad to see that this is being brought to light by the discerned. I had a bad feeling about the book the moment our church announced they were going to do the Purpose Driven thing. I read only 1 page and put it away. So many are still deceived by the Purpose Driven Propaganda.

PRAISE GOD for your open eyes!

Did you try to tell your pastor or elders of your concerns? I know I did... I even printed out several articles (I wish I'd have had some of the one's Ripps been posting - at that time!). Unfortunately, I never heard rather they understood the True Dangers in this or not. So far, they haven't done the 40 days thing (as far as I know), but they also did not tell the young adults they gave the PDL book to about the concerns I brought up [Frown]

--------------------

bygrace
unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad to see that this is being brought to light by the discerned. I had a bad feeling about the book the moment our church announced they were going to do the Purpose Driven thing. I read only 1 page and put it away. So many are still deceived by the Purpose Driven Propaganda.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Here's another very good article regarding Warren's New Style of Church and PDL. It also talks about the PEACE plan at the end:

http://www.twincityfellowship.com/cic/articles/issue80.htm

The Gospel: A Method or a Message?
How the Purpose Driven Life Obscures the Gospel

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
"Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me. When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die’; and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity , but his blood I will require at your hand… Again, when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an obstacle before him, he shall die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand". (Ezek 3:17-18, 20 NASV).

How this particular "user-friendly" model which deliberately focuses on the "relevant, practical" sermon, can lay claim to be obedient to this portion of the Scripture I must admit is beyond me. Its entire approach is built around the premise of avoiding offense to its hearers. What kind of watchmen can he then be who will not warn his charges of the grave danger they are in and instead tells them how to better deal with stress or as is the case with some of these churches who have gone even further down this slippery slope, how to have a better love life? Imagine this, lost and perishing sinners exposed to the wrath of God completely devoid of any righteousness of their own, dropping into a "Christian" worship service only to hear how to improve their conjugal relations with each other! Is this what the noble calling of the prophet of God has degenerated into? What could make the devil any happier than this? Oh, where has the discernment of those who would condone such soul-damning practices as this gone?

One thing is absolutely certain, these men who would employ such wicked practices have absolutely nothing in common with Paul when he could boldly assert before the elders of Ephesus on the day that he took his leave from them:

Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God." (Acts 20:26-27 NKJV).

It is obvious that the great apostle had the words of Ezekiel evermore before his eyes as he went about fulfilling his ministry and declaring his gospel to the world of that day. He understood that their blood would be required at his hand should he fail to warn them of their peril. The true servant of Christ, who genuinely has the welfare of his listeners at heart, will love them enough to tell them the painful truth even if it brings shame and reproach upon him in the process. This is one of the characteristics that marked him as a true servant of Christ. Those who fail to do this can in no manner whatsoever be regarded as true servants of Christ and therefore should be regarded as the servants of antichrist instead. Let those who would scoff at this then do so at their own risk. We will take our stand with the apostle let them carp all they please.

Critique of the "Seeker-Sensitive, Purpose-Driven" Church Method

Well, that pretty much sums it up for me. Pretty clear...

Ripp
unregistered

Some more goodies:

quote:
Let this charge should cause some of the more simple minded and naïve to reel with astonishment, the writer begs leave for them to consider the following. The gospel is the word of life. It is the ONLY instrument that the church has with which to raise men from their graves of sin and transgression into newness of life. It is the ONLY means whereby guilty sinners exposed to the wrath of God can be reconciled and brought into the Divine favor. It is the ONLY means whereby the slaves of Satan can be set free into the liberty of the sons of God. It is the ONLY means whereby men can be delivered from the kingdom of darkness and translated into the kingdom of light. It is the ONLY true light that shines in the midst of a world filled with darkness and ignorance of the true God. Therefore, it is essential that it be defended and protected against corruption by those entrusted with the solemn task of declaring it before the sons of men. This is precisely what Paul had in mind when he stated:

"…according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted" (1Tim 1:11 NASV)

And

"…knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel." (Phil 1:16 NASV).

The apostle knew that the gospel had been entrusted to him by his Master and that part of his stewardship included defending it from the assaults of unprincipled men who were doing the bidding of the devil. This often brought him into fierce conflict with those who sought to corrupt it either by adding to it or subtracting from it. This explains the harsh tone he so often seems to exhibit in many of his epistles towards those who sought to pervert it in any fashion. He knew behind it all, lay the work of the serpent of old, the ancient deceiver, the devil himself. As it was truly a matter of life and death, we see him passing on this sense of solemn earnestness to his young protégé in the faith, Timothy:

"O Timothy, guard that which has been entrusted to you (the gospel, note mine), avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called ‘knowledge’ – which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith" (1Tim 6:20-21 NASV)

And

(2Tim 1:14 NASV). "Guard through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you."

Not only do we see Paul exhorting Timothy in this regard but we also see Jude exhorting his readers to do the very same thing:

"Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith (the system of doctrinal truth – note mine) which was once for all delivered to the saints."(Jude: 3 NASV).

quote:
Notice that these early ministers of the gospel not only expected an assault to be made upon the truth of the gospel, but that they considered it as their God-given responsibility to defend it even if it meant risking their lives and reputations to do so. As vigilant soldiers of their King, they were constantly on guard for any sign of the enemy’s activities and met each incursion of his with a clear rebuttal and refutation of his lies so as to preserve pure their message.

quote:
Now, the devil has many schemes or devices, chief of which is to corrupt the glorious gospel of Christ. He has never ceased to assault this eternal gospel in the attempt to pervert, distort, dilute, twist, and render it ineffectual and powerless. He must somehow rob it of its "power unto salvation", as it is its truth that threatens his kingdom. But he must do so in as subtle and sly a manner as possible. He must do it in such a way so as to avoid discovery of his machinations. Diabolically cunning as he is, he innately realizes that his nefarious schemes are far more likely to ensnare and deceive if he can wrap them in a facade of truth. An outright, bald-faced lie is far too easy to detect. Hence, enter the subtle, but deadly counterfeit. Error disguised as closely as possible to resemble the truth.

Thing sure have changed. [Frown]

Ripp
unregistered

I'm sorry for the deluge of info guys but this website is packed full of insight and the Truth must be told. Read this part, it hits the nail right on the head:

quote:
The other things that may be said in rebuttal to the claims of the adherents to this method that the "practical" messages will lure in the "unchurched" and then they will eventually hear the gospel and get saved is, "What gospel", and "Just when or where are these people supposed to hear this gospel"? We have already seen that without "the word of the cross" there simply is no gospel being preached no matter what the proponents of this system may claim. As far as when or where they are supposed to encounter the gospel it certainly will not take place on a Sunday morning as long as the focus is on the "practical" or "relevant". According to Romans 10, one has to hear the gospel before he or she can become saved. No "word of the cross" - no "gospel", so just when do they supposedly "get saved"?

But perhaps you might be hesitant and say, "But my church has adopted this model and we haven’t gone so far as to introduce secular music and play videos of secular movies in our Sunday services". My response, "Just wait and see. They will be there before too long." Once pragmatism becomes the chief concern of the church instead of faithfully proclaiming the truth entrusted to it by the Lord, it will completely evolve into an organization which will grow increasingly tolerant of any deviant or novel practice as long as it serves to produce the desired ends. Once the floodgates are opened it is too late to hold back the tidal surge of the overwhelming flood. The only way such a church can be spared from completely apostatizing is to thoroughly purge itself of this approach altogether and return to the ancient paths (Jer 6:16), something easier said than done.

This is why it's SO dangerous. And this PDC stuff is spreading like a cancer guys. Is anyone getting this yet? Can you connect the dots yet?

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent Research Brother Ripp!

Is anyone else out there reading this? Do you see what's happening?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement