Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Stuart Little WILL Be Born - The "Human" Mouse...

Author Topic: Stuart Little WILL Be Born - The "Human" Mouse...
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you fail to have understanding of the science... the mouse, with human brain cells does not have a human brain. it has a mouse brain. the only difference is in the cell structure. So it is Still a mouse. human brain cells will not give a mouse higher intelligence, i think that was made clear in the article. our brain organ is much too complicated to be reproduced in a mouse.

What they are trying to do is be able to grow human brain cells in mice to further research into alzheimers and other chronic diseases. Not to create a race of super-intelligent mice. I thought you would have understood that from the article.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore said:

quote:
It's still a mouse.
It may still look like a mouse, but now it has human brain cells, the only highly intelligence there is!! God did not create man with mouse cells and He did not intend for this monster to come into being. How would you feel if they created man with mouse brain cells or some other animal, if you really can't see the evil in this then I recommend you take off your rose colored glasses!! Satan is truely at work in these wicked times, what will be next, we definately are living in perilous times!!

Marilyn

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's still a mouse. Only difference is in the cell structure. How is that an abomination?

I think comparing these mice to "Stewart Little's" is the abomination.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egads [Eek!] This reminds me of a 1970's B-class horror movie I've seen (I think Michael York was in it).

I wonder How long the Lord will put up with such abominations?  -

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the informative post, Favor.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorminded,

Thank you very much for this posting which is quite interesting! I just wonder what they will come up with next! God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SCIENTISTS TO MAKE 'STUART LITTLE' MOUSE WITH THE BRAIN OF A HUMAN

March 10, 2005

The London Daily Telegraph reports: “It will look like any ordinary mouse, but for America's scientists a tiny animal threatens to ignite a profound ethical dilemma.

In one of the most controversial scientific projects ever conceived, a group of university researchers in California's Silicon Valley is preparing to create a mouse whose brain will be composed entirely of human cells.

Researchers at Stanford University have already succeeded in breeding mice with brains that are one per cent human cells.

In the next stage they plan to use stem cells from aborted fetuses to create an animal whose brain cells are 100 per cent human.

Prof Irving Weissman, who heads the university's Institute of Cancer/Stem Cell Biology, believes that the mice could produce a breakthrough in understanding how stem cells might lead to a cure for diseases such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease.

The group is waiting for a key American government-sponsored report, due this month, that will decide just how much science can blur the distinction between man and beast.

Last week, however, the university's ethics committee approved the research, under certain conditions. Prof Henry Greely, the head of the committee, said: ‘If the mouse shows human-like behaviors, like improved memory or problem-solving, it's time to stop.’

He accepted that the project might seem ‘a little creepy’, but insisted: ‘It's not going to get up and say 'Hi, I'm Mickey'. Our brains are far more complicated.’

Biologists know such creatures as ‘chimeras’, after the mythical Greek monster that was part-lion, part-goat and part-serpent…”

View Original Article

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement